Diablo III PC

4.0

1. May 18, 2012
    Diablo, Lord of Error (37) reigned for about a day and a half at launch. Since then it's been smooth sailing and the game itself is super fun. Act I is pretty much standard Diablo-esque encounters. After that the landscapes get more interesting and the enemies more challenging. Like Diablo 2, the first run-through is designed so anyone can get through the game - the "real" game startsDiablo, Lord of Error (37) reigned for about a day and a half at launch. Since then it's been smooth sailing and the game itself is super fun. Act I is pretty much standard Diablo-esque encounters. After that the landscapes get more interesting and the enemies more challenging. Like Diablo 2, the first run-through is designed so anyone can get through the game - the "real" game starts after you unlock the higher difficulty levels. I *like* the new skill system as it lets you experiment with different builds without rerolling. The game in general oozes quality. I'm enjoying my time in the game a great deal. Expand
  2. May 18, 2012
    The unstoppable fighting, the pure joy of slaughtering waves and waves of enemies, Diablo 3 is all about mighty destruction. The game is epic in every sense, thousands of enemies, colossal bosses, dialogue reminds me of Dante's Divine Comedy. Yes, customization is simplified, crafting has made too easy, but these are not the reason you play this game. The Internet connection is required soThe unstoppable fighting, the pure joy of slaughtering waves and waves of enemies, Diablo 3 is all about mighty destruction. The game is epic in every sense, thousands of enemies, colossal bosses, dialogue reminds me of Dante's Divine Comedy. Yes, customization is simplified, crafting has made too easy, but these are not the reason you play this game. The Internet connection is required so Blizzard can validate all the loots. I don't see it's a big problem these days. The real money auction house is a bonus since we don't have to deal with black market anymore. There is no such thing as pay-to-win, you don't win in this game, you just kill, and kill, and kill. Expand
  3. May 18, 2012
    I think this is a great game, almost without the first hours problems with the server. It is dynamic and very very playable. The graphics use a so beautiful model shading with scenarios made of cell shading and artistic design. I am enjoying a lot this game. People are so crier with servers or the comparatives with diablo 2, there are people that say this is not diablo 2 and people who sayI think this is a great game, almost without the first hours problems with the server. It is dynamic and very very playable. The graphics use a so beautiful model shading with scenarios made of cell shading and artistic design. I am enjoying a lot this game. People are so crier with servers or the comparatives with diablo 2, there are people that say this is not diablo 2 and people who say that this is diablo 2, but both aren't happy with it, I enjoyed Diablo 2, and I am enjoying this game, I don't need more. I would preferred more cinematics in place of crayon videos. Expand
  4. May 18, 2012
    I was one of the fans that got the game for release. I was there ready to login right at Midnight on launch day in Europe. I went through all the same login issues as everyone else and was upset by it. That said these issues are temporary and like every Blizzard game we have come to know and love issues are dealt with; even 9 years after a game was released in some cases. That said, let usI was one of the fans that got the game for release. I was there ready to login right at Midnight on launch day in Europe. I went through all the same login issues as everyone else and was upset by it. That said these issues are temporary and like every Blizzard game we have come to know and love issues are dealt with; even 9 years after a game was released in some cases. That said, let us move on and review the game for what it is and not what it isn't.

Diablo is a hack'n slash RPG and as far as this genre goes Diablo 3 delivers better than any other game in it's genre by a LARGE margin. It is highly addictive with co-op mode more readily available and anti-cheat countermeasures already in place (unlike Diablo 2 for those that recall how awful multiplayer was at times due to hackers).

Some have complained about the lack of options and customization but I found just the right amount with it getting deeper as the game continues through ability customization and gear. Stat improvement is indeed automatic but through gear you can decide weather you want to be a glass cannon or be able to take some hits later in the game (think nightmare, hell and inferno difficulties).

I am mainly posting this review as the voices of those that HATE the game seem to be very loud right now while those that love it are busy playing it because it is that addictive - any game that can keep you playing for 6 hours straight and want to keep going is definitely a good game (either that or it administers digital drugs to you or something).

The only thing that keeps me rating this game a 10/10 is that it true that there is nothing 'revolutionary' about this game. Diablo 3 is what was promised, maybe a little more even, definitely not less. Some fans are displeased with the outcome and while I respect their opinion I would say they are the 'loud minority' and I expect the overall User Score to go up drastically as more players 'come up for air' to take the time and submit a review.
  5. May 18, 2012
    Having a blast. Yes its more or less the same dingeon crawler as diablo II. Love that they got rid of the point systems and replaced it with runes and variety of passive skills, everyone casn sue combinations they want.

Fun coopeartive game and addictive
  6. May 18, 2012
    Dianlo 3 is actually turned out to be a fun game to play with some friends. Needless to say the game focuses on the coop experience. The mechanics are nice, the gameplay is fun and the story is also quite decent. So yes you should definetly pick this game up, if you are interested in some good old coop fun.
    So that is all i gotta say? Nope.
    So there have been some Statements here which are
    So that is all i gotta say? Nope.
    So there have been some Statements here which are just blitantly dumb. So I will pick up some of these to actually prove them wrong:

Statement 1: The game is casual, therefore it is bad.
    Answer: Ok so the game is pretty much easy to access. Well so why would you say it is bad? Tetris is on e of the most casual Games out there and everyone loved it! I do not see any problem with a game being easy accessible and still being a good game.

Statement 2: No character Customization.
    Answer: Totally wrong. Everyone is just whining about the fact that Blizzard decided to not go with the Skilltree system. Runes which can be attached to your Skills can actually change the way your skills work and therefore provide a wide range of playing styles. I found myself not knowing what combinations to choose, because there were to fricking many! By the way: Everyone who was deeply in love with the Skilltree system Diablo 2 offered should take of their Retro-goggles. Actually 70% of the Skills were either useless or not involved in any build. It was the most efficient to just skill down one path in order to dish out as many damage as possible. Synergy was all that counted.

Statement 3: Diablo 3 is Pay2Win.
    Answer: Oh.. my... God. Would anyone please tell how the hell you can win a game that is focused around cooperative gameplay?! All that the RMAH is actually trying to prevent is that People will sell Items via ebay for high prices. That was by the way the case with Diablo 2 (you could buy runes and hellfire torches online). And the PvP System is just there on demand of the community. And what other solution is there, then to make an arena-mode where you can fight against each other. Open Wolrd PvP does not work with a hack n slay game!

Statement 3: Diablo 3 has bad Voice-acting.
    Answer: Nope. I must admit there are plenty of weird accents in this game but it s not that bad.

Statement 4: It looks like WoW , therefore it' s bad.
    Answer: Ok so some of the Hud elemnts are looking similiar to WoW and the chat-system is almost the same as in WoW (which is btw an evolved form of the Warcraft 3 Battlenet chat system). But actually I do not see any point there why exactly that makes Diablo 3 a bad game. WoW is not a bad game either. Actually it is a pretty good game, and the only bad thing there is to it, is that you have to pay a monthly fee. The game itself does almost anything right when it comes to MMORPG standards. And the Art-style completly differs from the one that has been used on WoW. So to end it here Diablo 3 is a damn good game that defies hack n saly mechanics. And if you look close you will notice that over 80% of the negative Reviews were posted on March 15th. So they are more people raging about the fact, that the log-in-servers were crushed by too many log ins at 12:01 than people who are actually reviewing the game.
  7. May 18, 2012
    a Huge honor for everyone who play the greatest game of 2012 the DIABLO III.blizzard u r the best.thank u .we support u.i like from DEMON HUNTER class.and after DH my choice is Barbarian
  8. lpf
    May 18, 2012
    Despite all the changes, it still got this special Diablo feeling and it made me smile after all these years.
    The level design is one of the best yet and the overall art style is just amazing.
  9. May 18, 2012
    Plot:
    Plot:
    So the cool thing about not World of Warcraft 3 is that it follows nicely in the direction of not World of Warcraft 2. I'm not an avid fan on the Diablo series and I only know the vague plot of Diablo 2 however Blizzard have learnt from their story telling mistakes and made the plot of Diablo 3 easy to follow, not in your face obvious and given a medium to learn about what happen in past games (grant it you have to seek out said medium). Diablo 3â
  10. May 18, 2012
    Foreword. For some reason this game has a low meta, whether that's the work of some anonymous party or not is up to rumor, speculation, and the realm of possibility. I know one thing, loads of folks are buttmad and denying themselves one of the best gaming experiences of the past couple years. (It can't dwarf Portal 2, but it tried and was done by BLIZZARD.) I had negative if anyForeword. For some reason this game has a low meta, whether that's the work of some anonymous party or not is up to rumor, speculation, and the realm of possibility. I know one thing, loads of folks are buttmad and denying themselves one of the best gaming experiences of the past couple years. (It can't dwarf Portal 2, but it tried and was done by BLIZZARD.) I had negative if any expectations coming into Diablo III. That being said, Blizzard actually made a game that's very good for once in a long while. Chris Metzen and the dev team really poured their hearts into this game. The DRM was an obstacle for many people, but for me wasn't much of an issue. There were hiccups and all, but really the quality of the game makes up for that. That being said, time to get into an actual review by an actual Blizzard critic, Activision hater, et al. Diablo III's best experienced elements will now be outlined and then reviewed.A.Streamlining, what was done right for the gameplay style.a.The character streamlining adds to gameplay in my opinion, because in previous Diablo games, the skill system really just felt like a mess, even for the time. People who liked it probably had never really experienced a deep rpg. Diablo III's skill system gives you constant upgrades, probably about a thousand ways you can roll a character skillwise and has room to let you have fun in any capacity. b.Diablo 2 wasn't really an RPG, it was a hack and slash, and anyone who says differently obviously has no concept of real RPGs (a la isometric, et al.) Diablo III did you a favor and kept leveling, just in a way that would make it so that you wouldn't die to skeletons or eight hundred demons whilst attempting to level up.c.Town portals and identify scrolls are "free" and included into your character. Normally one would say that this is a shortcut, but when ransacking bookcases and such if you look closely you will see that those scrolls fall out. B.Art style, consistency, cutscene quality, storytelling, score.a.All of the above elements are of an exceptional quality, especially the cutscenes; the act one cutscene was one of the best I have ever seen honestly. It was an experience, now Diablo III in this regard is more of an experience than anything. I wouldn't say that it had a lot of early game depth, or ridiculous bugs, especially broken classes etc. The game is consistent in that you are powerful, but you are still weak; you are learning to be stronger and gaining experience as a veteran. You always feel like you're powerful, no matter what class you play you will feel like you're the best. Beyond the first act the cutscenes remain hopeful yet dark, inspiring you to keep going; to finish what you started. Diablo III is well fleshed out in lore, a lot has happened in twenty years and much has changed in Tristram and other places, the Horadrim are a focus for awhile, those of you that paid attention in D2. Companions and vendors all have their own stories and conversations, equipment and chatter.
    Diablo III is a well scored game, as are many Blizzard endeavors. However a lot is to be desired, it doesn't have an iconic score as did previous Diablo games. Some would argue that this is an improvement because if you're like me, you're done act 1 about eighteen times or more across D1 and D2. C.DIDO (Drop in drop out) optimizations, the removal of ninja looting entirely.a. Drop ins on your game are much more livable now in Diablo III, no longer can one speedrun your dungeon, killing the act boss and excluding you. Absconding with all of your loot. No, you get prompts for bosses. This change is welcome to people like me who tend to get lost, even with automap it's hard to find things sometimes.b. Loot is now instanced on your character. All players receive individual loot, the most brilliant gameplay change I've ever experienced. The previous systems were nightmares, whether a shouting match, or a ninja and log. I guarantee nobody will steal your legendaries, okay pal? D.Account wide achievements, vendor progress, and stash. a.Three things to spend your gold on to account for the up in magical item drop and usability, the blacksmith, the jeweler, and your stash. (Might I add that the jeweler is voiced by the wonderful James Hong. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0393222/) The work that went into all of this seemingly simple idea had to be very difficult. Please don't underestimate how long that probably took. A risk that pays off well, and Blizzard taking risks post 2007 is something I never thought I would see.E.Lastly and most importantly, the gameplay. a.Constantly satisfying gameplay with the potential for great depth and some of the greatest mechanics seen since Deus Ex leaves Diablo III as a strong contender for game of the year from one of the companies owned by one of the worst companies in America IMO (unofficially) . You should buy this game, nuff said. Plus all of your friends are playing it, if you have friends that is.
  11. May 18, 2012
    Few issues on download and installation but eaisly sorted if you check the forums, excellent gameplay, awesome graphics and a very nice storyline to boot.....best £35 i have spent in a long time ... definitely recomend it for anyone wanting a change/break from your syandard RPG's
  12. May 18, 2012
    Best hack & Slash since Diablo II
    Smashing demons is a pleasure Art style is excellent
    Bosses are funs
    Classes are goods and differents
    What are you waiting for ? BUY IT !
  13. May 18, 2012
    The initial launch was fairly poor, but overall the best game in the series by a long shot, if not the best game of the decade. They took out everything that was bad about Diablo 2, and put in everything that genre needed. If you enjoyed the facade that was character customization in Diablo 2, you'll be disappointed at first. They took out skill points and stat points. Though in the longThe initial launch was fairly poor, but overall the best game in the series by a long shot, if not the best game of the decade. They took out everything that was bad about Diablo 2, and put in everything that genre needed. If you enjoyed the facade that was character customization in Diablo 2, you'll be disappointed at first. They took out skill points and stat points. Though in the long run every player should rejoice- you can no longer ruin builds. In the first years of D2, most players didn't know what they were doing and when confronted with Hell difficulty, they just couldn't do it.

The only gripe I have is the current skill system is entirely TOO simple. It feels force fed, though it barely subtracts from the other great features of the game. Casuals and Hardcores alike will delight in this gaming experience.
  14. May 18, 2012
    At first it was Diablo 1.
    If was a turnover in the market because of it. Huge ideas came to life, everyone was impressed because they didn't know what to expect.
    Diablo 2 - the game that every person knows. Diablo 2 represents and idea perfected for it's years. It was so fun because it was different. But years started to pass, people got obsessed with the game. When Blizzard announced
    At first it was Diablo 1.

Diablo 2 - the game that every person knows.

Diablo 2 represents and idea perfected for it's years. It was so fun because it was different. But years started to pass, people got obsessed with the game. When Blizzard announced that that they are working on Diablo 3 great expectation from the fans started to build up like this : if one was an instant classic, two the best of the best, the tree has to be better. After 5 years people expected that in the moment they will open the game they will be blown away. It is wrong to think that. There is nothing in universe that will blow away after it is anticipated for 12 years.

Because of this they started to judge the game from the missing feelings of greatness and they closed they eyes to see what the game really is.

Diablo 3 is perfect.

You always got a feeling of moving through a concept art.
    The story is great, pump at the right moment a new line to keep you in the hell illusion.
    Everything is perfectly match - the stats, the weapons etc.

The skills know are great because low level skills still get used in high levels.
    The skills are now changeable and one more thing - are exactly what a human can handle with a two click mouse

The stats, personally i don't care about putting stats point on my own, eventually you will all agree because if you start to look at Diablo 2 - all great characters have about the same build ups in stats.

The online thing. Well it is the future even if you don't like it. And the reason you don't like it is because probably you have an expensive internet connection or a bad one. Another thing, the online only is great because your game is up to date instant and because you're connected with others. I don't get the hype about the online because everyone who complains about it does it online : here or on Facebook.

From my point of view Blizzard did a great job about the game, it is just plain fun and has a lot of parts that will change the market again.
    Blizzard did delivered a superb game, a Diablo game for this decade.
    My only complain is that I had to wait 12 years for the third part.
  15. May 18, 2012
    I've been playing diablo since first part. I want to say that my expectations were met, the atmosphere is preserved, the gameplay has undergone significant improvements, design, music-all at an altitude! Can be long to enumerate the advantages of this game, but for me the main thing is whether you want to play or not and Diablo3 is definitely want to play.
  16. May 18, 2012
    Excellent game. They have reworked all game mechanisms that needed to be reworked and now the game is far better than diablo 2.
    In addition, the level design is just impressive and so beautiful.
  17. May 18, 2012
    Once people get past the launch issues the game itself is quite good and an improvement to diablo 2 but since that game was 12 years ago it should be. A lot of people really need to just relax and get over the fact they had to wait an extra day or two to play the game because sometimes sh*t happens. The only things I'd say the game really could use is an offline mode, more scaling forOnce people get past the launch issues the game itself is quite good and an improvement to diablo 2 but since that game was 12 years ago it should be. A lot of people really need to just relax and get over the fact they had to wait an extra day or two to play the game because sometimes sh*t happens. The only things I'd say the game really could use is an offline mode, more scaling for multiplayer games and an increased level cap to keep the game going longer. Expand
  18. May 18, 2012
    Other than some launch day issues it turned out as a very solid 3rd installment of the Diablo 3 series. Graphics, Audio, and story are excellent. Wide variety of skill choices and combinations with runes which allow you to customize each ability gives many options for customization and the ability to swap around abilities allows the player to make changes as the character levels up or toOther than some launch day issues it turned out as a very solid 3rd installment of the Diablo 3 series. Graphics, Audio, and story are excellent. Wide variety of skill choices and combinations with runes which allow you to customize each ability gives many options for customization and the ability to swap around abilities allows the player to make changes as the character levels up or to use a different set of abilities that are better suited to the area they're in. Addition of 2 artisan crafters allow players to make their own gear. 4 increasingly harder and more complex difficulty levels make the game fun for both serious and more casual players alike. Party play with up to 4 members and difficulty scaling of the game based on how many players are in the party. PvP is not available at launch but will be added later. Bottom Line: A very solid game despite launch hiccups due to very high global demand definitely worth a 10. Expand
  19. May 18, 2012
    Diablo is always Diablo!!! Good Gamaplay, Good Graphics, Good Story. One word only: super-addictive!!!! I've played for 8 hours with 2 characters, in Single and in Multi and I had Server problem only once. GOOD: 1.The Base remains the same of old Diablo: Very Addictive and prompt H&S!, 2.the Auction House is very useful. 3. Beautiful Story and fantastic Art Direction! NO GOOD: 1.Too simpleDiablo is always Diablo!!! Good Gamaplay, Good Graphics, Good Story. One word only: super-addictive!!!! I've played for 8 hours with 2 characters, in Single and in Multi and I had Server problem only once. GOOD: 1.The Base remains the same of old Diablo: Very Addictive and prompt H&S!, 2.the Auction House is very useful. 3. Beautiful Story and fantastic Art Direction! NO GOOD: 1.Too simple at the beginning 2. Server problems can erase your last picked up items 3.... 3. Automatic skills and not customizable characters (fisycally) Expand
  20. May 18, 2012
    To me diablo 3 is the best game of the year thanks to its splendid decor these foolproof playability and replayability endless! taste it there, you'll be hooked
  21. May 18, 2012
    Diabolo II is forever etched into the fondest of my gaming memories. I loved it and played it Offline, Online and Lan. Having spent quite a few hours on Diabolo III I have to say I am loving it. Let me start by saying I also HATE the DRM i think not having an offline mode is disgraceful HOWEVER we have waited for a long time for this game so lets look past it. PROS: No more pesky townDiabolo II is forever etched into the fondest of my gaming memories. I loved it and played it Offline, Online and Lan. Having spent quite a few hours on Diabolo III I have to say I am loving it. Let me start by saying I also HATE the DRM i think not having an offline mode is disgraceful HOWEVER we have waited for a long time for this game so lets look past it. PROS: No more pesky town scrolls you have a button from early in the game to port to town Inventory items all take either one or two slots. I think people that criticize this have forgotten just how annoying it was late game to store items. Hours spent trying to fiddle them together Checkpoints I believe that if you a) have the time and b) want to start from town every time you die then you can play hardcore like I used too. Personally I find resurrection at checkpoints quite refreshing. Cut scenes are in my mind beautifully crafted the cinematic graphics are gorgeous and having recently replayed DII I can also say that I font believe the voice acting in DIII is as good but its not atrocious. Cons: The skills and attributes system is the most disappointing thing for me! Having everything unlock automatically for me has taken the skill down and made the game impersonal this really upsets me. My character does not feel individual and the harder game modes are going to have to bring challenges and items and crafting in a special way to rectify this. The connection problems on day one were unfortunate and have led to many bad reviews but this was always going to happen and I have been playing problem free since the morning after launch. Having an arena style pvp is undesirable I will miss the epic in game duals outside town but I can live with it! My biggest gripe with the game is the facility to buy gold! This will totally devalue items! It will get people ahead who are willing to pay their way and it will not reward good/dedicated players for hours spent clearing content. This is by far the most disappointing feature and I really hope it does not remain.

Overall a very good game! It seems that the problems I have with Diabolo III are ofset by just how enjoyable the game its self is. There are some flaws and problems with this remake, but there were always going to be. It is very difficult to follow an epic game such as Diabolo II and die hard fans will always either love or hate. Its well worth the money and I look forward to seeing where the end game goes. One last word to all theose who say it takes from WOW. Go replay Diabolo II and Diabolo, you will see how much WOW took from them.

TLDR: Overall very good game with big boots to fill. Some undesirable game play changes to DII. Terrible auction house and DRM.
  22. May 18, 2012
    Just an excellent game, the story is pretty good, the gameplay if you like this kind of games is perfect and it's a real challenge to finish the game !! Some problems the first day on connection but it is ok now and playing on-line is not a real problem really...
    Thx Blizzard !
  23. May 18, 2012
    Best game ever, only have gotten 4 hours of sleep a night because of the enticement and pure bliss of the grind. Looking forwards to years of destruction and looting.
  24. May 18, 2012
    If you liked Diablo 2, then buy this game. 90% of the bad reviews are because of server issues on the first day. Everybody that gave Diablo 3 a bad review because of server issues is a **** moron. Just read the professional reviews. It is kind of odd to play a single player game over the internet, but **** get over it. The game works fine most of the time. If it does hiccup, itIf you liked Diablo 2, then buy this game. 90% of the bad reviews are because of server issues on the first day. Everybody that gave Diablo 3 a bad review because of server issues is a **** moron. Just read the professional reviews. It is kind of odd to play a single player game over the internet, but **** get over it. The game works fine most of the time. If it does hiccup, it starts you where you left off. Just buy the game already. Expand
  25. May 18, 2012
    To the haters... get a life and review content on the merits it presents not issues that were out of Blizzard's control. Servers crash such is life. The game is extremely well polished. Don't take away from the system introduced. The ignorant chastise the auction house but it still promotes play. If you want items you need to farm which is totally epic when you get into hack & slash mode.To the haters... get a life and review content on the merits it presents not issues that were out of Blizzard's control. Servers crash such is life. The game is extremely well polished. Don't take away from the system introduced. The ignorant chastise the auction house but it still promotes play. If you want items you need to farm which is totally epic when you get into hack & slash mode. As to no internet connection... do you live in a cave, get a life and get internet its 2012 baby booyah

Now to the review. The new skill system with the introduction of skill runes is enjoyable. The game is very hard to put down once you in to it because the skills blend extremely well. Enemies are balanced but find normal mode too easy. Once you on Nightmare it moves it up a notch. Crafting and the upgrade of the NPC's area is pretty cool like that you can craft yr own rare items, encourages you to aim for end game and reap the benefits at the Auction house. Over all top class game, graphics need an overall but thats about it. Special effects and sound are great
  26. May 18, 2012
    I avoided most of the server issues by coming to the game late. The game itself still fills like diablo with fast and addictive combat and pacing. Im sure i will be playing it for years to come. However it does feel a little simplified with no attribute and skill points to manually distribute which was part of the fun. Skills unlocking as you level stops the feelingof achievemnt when yourI avoided most of the server issues by coming to the game late. The game itself still fills like diablo with fast and addictive combat and pacing. Im sure i will be playing it for years to come. However it does feel a little simplified with no attribute and skill points to manually distribute which was part of the fun. Skills unlocking as you level stops the feelingof achievemnt when your character gains a level and will probably mean that that each class settles into a a series of cookie cutter options much quicker. Being able to play offline would be a bonus esspecially for those of us with unreliable internet connections. Expand
  27. May 18, 2012
    The game is just pure fun to play. It has improved a lot over D2 while keeping true to the hack-n-slash-n-loot original and the overall quality is Bliz typical. It becomes actually less repetitive as you level up with new abilities, runes etc. People (me included) were not happy with the server issues of day1 but this does not have anything to do with the game in the long run.
  28. May 18, 2012
    I'm all for constructive criticism, but some of you are just plain bashing this game due to some unforeseen technical difficulties and changes. Change is good, I love the way the new game is, so you can't customize your stats, so what. That makes the hunt for gear that much more fun. The graphics is awesome, sound is amazing I feel nostalgic every time I here the different sounds andI'm all for constructive criticism, but some of you are just plain bashing this game due to some unforeseen technical difficulties and changes. Change is good, I love the way the new game is, so you can't customize your stats, so what. That makes the hunt for gear that much more fun. The graphics is awesome, sound is amazing I feel nostalgic every time I here the different sounds and effects. The whole playing a single player game online is a bit of a disappointment, but I understand why it has been implemented. Then on to Cutscenes superb cinematic, Blizzard is known for this. Great game. Expand
  29. May 18, 2012
    As a sequel, the smartest thing would be to compare to Diablo 2, as fans are expecting D3 to provide a better game overall than D2, so this review will focus on comparing the differences between these 2 games.

1. Character customisation: D2: Talent points and attribute points were assigned by players to their character. D3: Talent points are replaced by runes, and attribute points are

D3: Talent points are replaced by runes, and attribute points are spread automatically (not really mattering in the long run)
    Who wins? Diablo 3. Because in D2, the stats that were put by players were enough strength to wear an item, and the rest would get dumped in vitality. The mechanic was annoying, and the new attribute system takes care of that hassle. 2. Story
    D3 does not fail to deliver storywise. Where D2 revolved around the character, D3 revolves around the important figures of the world, with drama between all of them, and the Character as the mediator for world issues.

3. Gameplay.
    Difficulty levels make a difference. In D2, a champion mob even on the highest difficulty setting would be just xp or gems/runes/magic items. In D3, a champion mob on a higher difficulty means dying most of the time.
    The bosses feel like a challenge, and no longer just an itemcheck. You need to think about the spells you bring in to the fight, and you need to have tactics.

4. Art
    Cinematics and music is just superb, and this is already common for blizzard games. It is good to know that they invest in good quality cinematics and good ambient sound.
    Voice acting on the other hand was not of the highest quality, killing some of the immersion.

5. Auction house:
    As items are not bind on equip/pickup, item value will decrease very fast. As far as gold action house goes, this will allow players to have access to items they wanted without the necessary grinding. As far as real money auction house goes, it is simply a way to make a passive income as a company, after the game has been launched, and prevent illegal gold selling. This is common business logic in today's market, that we as gamers have shaped. Certain products gained profit over this method and will continue to, so obviously every other game will have this feature. My opinion is we should not judge the game based on this, but rather the company.

6. The Always-Online-DRM
    This is something no gamer agrees with. Although this may sound like an excuse, there is a reason behind it, and it is linked to the above point. Duping was a major issue in Diablo 2, and if the developers wanted to make a stable auction house, and especially a real money auction house, every item drop, stat, and inventory needs to have server side checking. This is why single player is online. So a user cannot simply hack items into his inventory so that he could earn a profit. This is understandable.
    What is not understandable on the other hand, is the fact that on a European server, with a 100 MBit connection, a user would have 300 ms lag(from Europe). Think about hardcore mode death due to lag for a second. 300 ms is a lot.
  30. May 18, 2012
    Absolutely love the game. The at-launch issues were far less than I have come to expect with game launches of this scale, by far. Aside from some issues g in during the earliest hours of the launch, I've had zero issues with the game, in over 30 hours of play across 3 characters. The story was predictable, but Diablo was always more about the gameplay, loot drop and lore than mainAbsolutely love the game. The at-launch issues were far less than I have come to expect with game launches of this scale, by far. Aside from some issues g in during the earliest hours of the launch, I've had zero issues with the game, in over 30 hours of play across 3 characters. The story was predictable, but Diablo was always more about the gameplay, loot drop and lore than main storyline. The 5 classes are all great to play, the crafting system adds to the already awesome loot drop system and creates another major gold-sink I always fled diablo needed. I've found that the complaints that others have had about the game are largely unreasonable, and often born of expectations that will never be met by any game. The always on DRM doesn't bother me, really. D3 is, and I believe should be, a social game. Gold selling is going to happen whether Blizzard supports it or not, only this way it's safe and controlled. If you look at D3 as a free to play MMO, with the RMAH being the "premium" paid content, which ultimately is what it comes down to, 99.9% of people's complaints about th game fall through entirely. Honestly, D3 has thus far exceeded my expectations, and I expected this to be one of only two games this year to matter to me. Expand
  31. May 18, 2012
    definitely a step up in the franchise. Worried about customization? Just do the math. there is more options in D3 than D2. And end game content, and cheat-free CUZ ITS ONLINE THANKS BLIZZARD.
  32. May 18, 2012
    Great game, don't mind the score for now. It's a silly **** mockup operation to get the score at 3.7, reference at the error 37 we encountered on release day.
    11 years worth of wait.
  33. May 18, 2012
    Last time I checked the reason I play games is to have fun.
    Diablo 3 fulfils this requirement hands down. It is incredibly fun and addictive.

Most of the negative scores are because of login issues. Come on people have a bit of patience, once the servers settle down this will be the best game to play for a long long time!
  34. May 18, 2012
    How many stupid reviews out there! The DRM is not a problem we live in 2012 not 1992 or even 2002. And on release, of course the servers will be overcrowded. On day 2 I had no problems at all. Get over it whiners! After 10 years of waiting I'm so happy, the graphics (as with D2 same complaints then) it's not over the top or ground breaking, but it is still very nice and the atmosphere isHow many stupid reviews out there! The DRM is not a problem we live in 2012 not 1992 or even 2002. And on release, of course the servers will be overcrowded. On day 2 I had no problems at all. Get over it whiners! After 10 years of waiting I'm so happy, the graphics (as with D2 same complaints then) it's not over the top or ground breaking, but it is still very nice and the atmosphere is so addictive with elements referring to D1 and D2. I actually like that my actions decides how my attributes are distributed and then I can shift between my skills which is a great feature. It is well balanced and easy to control and master. The great thing about graphics is that we all see the same area so nobody gets an advantage. Only complaint is that I see lag from time to time even in single player which is frustrating. Expand
  35. May 18, 2012
    Trollers gonna troll JBC they have to wait for servers to accept the Huge pop of players and there's lag/DC the first few days they're all going to B!tch and complain yet judge the core gameplay mechanics off that illogical reason all these idiots know what to do is complain and develop SN cojones. SPs are stupid you dump on the obvious and a few extra for vitality ooooh so much depth. TheTrollers gonna troll JBC they have to wait for servers to accept the Huge pop of players and there's lag/DC the first few days they're all going to B!tch and complain yet judge the core gameplay mechanics off that illogical reason all these idiots know what to do is complain and develop SN cojones. SPs are stupid you dump on the obvious and a few extra for vitality ooooh so much depth. The "gamers" who complain have zero logos towards their argument other than its DRM which was stated from the start, and if you're too stupid to understand how blizzard would handle DRM you're a complete idiot, Expand
  36. May 18, 2012
    Please don't pay attention to all the 0/10 scores littering this website. How on earth can you score a game 0 out of 10 because you couldn't connect to the server on day 1. In this day and age with on-line gaming and the kind of demand Diablo 3 had drummed up, your an idiot if you expected anything less chaotic. Its incredibly childish, immature and proves that the majority have noPlease don't pay attention to all the 0/10 scores littering this website. How on earth can you score a game 0 out of 10 because you couldn't connect to the server on day 1. In this day and age with on-line gaming and the kind of demand Diablo 3 had drummed up, your an idiot if you expected anything less chaotic. Its incredibly childish, immature and proves that the majority have no opinion whatsoever. They probably never had an original thought in their tiny brains, so by listening to the masses you may as well downgrade your IQ by 60 points. What it is with gamers and their sense of self entitlement? Big bunch of whiney panzie asses, that I'm embarrased to be grouped with these morons who litter gaming and quite frankly should be banned on some trumped up STUPID CLAUSE. I am sure somewhere its a sin to be this dumb. This whole affair is turning into another ME3 (another fine game torn to pieces by Idiots who didn't get what THEY wanted) Anyhow, Diablo 3, whilst isn't going to set the world on fire with originality, is awesome fun solo and fantastic fun with four mates linked in. A worthy purchase, if with the draconian DRM . Expand
  37. May 18, 2012
    So many people give poor scores because the launch didnt go as they expected. Thats not a review, thats a rant. Hardly any major launch goes well these days, accept it.

As for the game itself. Graphics are good, good enough to not be ugly in these days, and not so good it'll create horrible stutter on medium end PC's. On high res, eveything is clear, allthough the game has a number of visual bugs.

Sound is very good, it will create the right atmosphere on the right moments, but not that it's overwhelming or distracting.

Gameplay is decent. The amount of content is good for 25-30 runthroughs on normal difficulty, depending on whether you like to explore entire maps and dungeons. If you like to find as much as possible, kill as many monsters and explore dungeons to find every piece of gear you can, while trying to do every achievement, this game will hold you for 40+ hours per playthrough.

There are some flaws of course. The story is rather flimsy to me. There's not much cutscenes, allthough the ones you do find are beautifull. Certain scene's are very cliché.
    Crafting is rather badly balanced, as most of the items you find while travelling are just as good, and sometimes better then anything you can craft.

Lastly as for DRM. It's part of the times and most AAA titles will have it. The fact that you have to ALLWAYS be online has it's good and it's bad. The fact that you simply cant take a break while "pausing" the game does suck, as does the fact that checkpoints can be far between, forcing you to play until the next checkpoint before you can stop playing, or risk having to play through the same map again.

Conclusion: A good game, that will have plenty of replay value for the "collector" gamer
  38. May 18, 2012
    This is the best action RPG bar none,played it from launch here in the UK and had no problems whatsoever.A great lot of people slating the game,so i thought i would stick up for it as its such a great game,and no im not a fanboy.I have no problem with online play as i used to play WOW.If you dont like the idea of always connected dont buy the game.Blizzard said from the off this is how itThis is the best action RPG bar none,played it from launch here in the UK and had no problems whatsoever.A great lot of people slating the game,so i thought i would stick up for it as its such a great game,and no im not a fanboy.I have no problem with online play as i used to play WOW.If you dont like the idea of always connected dont buy the game.Blizzard said from the off this is how it would be.Graphics are spot on smooth as silk with great effects and multitudes of monsters on screen at once.Gamplay wise if you like loot games this is the daddy .Trying to find that next rare piece which will make your character that little bit better is so addictive.I cannot compare it to D1 D2 as i never played them but for me it does everything right.Ive played all sorts of dungeon crawlers from titan quest to path of exile and Diablo 3 takes the biscuit. Expand
  39. May 17, 2012
    I think most of the subcraders are reducing 5 or more points just because of the servers or technical problems.It is ridiculous to reduce so much point.we need to look inside the game not problems.problems can be fixed but the points you gave will remain here.now the game is awesome but it has huge problems.I am reducing 2 points because of them.the character creating screen is reallyI think most of the subcraders are reducing 5 or more points just because of the servers or technical problems.It is ridiculous to reduce so much point.we need to look inside the game not problems.problems can be fixed but the points you gave will remain here.now the game is awesome but it has huge problems.I am reducing 2 points because of them.the character creating screen is really poor.but they can expand it with updates.and the story isn't so good.but actually that problems doesn't make you unhappy.I know all the problems but I am playing it without getting bored. Expand
  40. May 17, 2012
    I'm stunned that some rate this game NOT on its actual content. I'm sure that some haven't even played the game. Anyhow (ignoring the internet connection and some minor problems that some might have), this game is one of the best action-RPGs that I have ever played. Great story, animation, brilliant, emotional and terrifying cinematics that truly makes you wish that Blizzard would make aI'm stunned that some rate this game NOT on its actual content. I'm sure that some haven't even played the game. Anyhow (ignoring the internet connection and some minor problems that some might have), this game is one of the best action-RPGs that I have ever played. Great story, animation, brilliant, emotional and terrifying cinematics that truly makes you wish that Blizzard would make a movie out of the world of Diablo. As far as gameplay goes, it is a classic hack and slash (with a twist of strategy, because you have to sell, craft and sometimes make hard decisions on what suitable weapons or items you need and which ones you need to get rid of...or store). This brought back all the fun memories of Diablo and Diablo 2, it makes you want to play it more and more. The graphics in this game is different to that of Diablo 2 but I think for the better. it is very well done. Some scenes in the game are absolutely mind blowing, you will not be disappointed. Prepare to lose many hours on this one... Expand
  41. May 17, 2012
    The game overall is great, amazing story, intresting spells...ext. normal mode felt a bit casual but the difficulty increases significantly in nightmare, hell and inferno difficultys. The auction house is a nice touch and the ability to use real money if you want is a great way to eleminate gold and item sellers. The graphics are nice and not to demanding, boss fights are fun andThe game overall is great, amazing story, intresting spells...ext. normal mode felt a bit casual but the difficulty increases significantly in nightmare, hell and inferno difficultys. The auction house is a nice touch and the ability to use real money if you want is a great way to eleminate gold and item sellers. The graphics are nice and not to demanding, boss fights are fun and difficult. Overall just a great game. Although there are sone bugs (to be expected with a 3day old game) and some balance issues. Its still one if not the best game i have played in 2012. Expand
  42. May 17, 2012
    So it might be that I didn't play diablo 2 or that I didnt play opening night so I had no server difficulties but so far I love this game and don't have any problems with it
  43. May 17, 2012
    I'm sorry. I get that you are frustrated by the online issue. But this game is near perfection in every category. Go drown your heads in ice water, there is steam pouring from your ears.
  44. May 17, 2012
    A great production of the stable Blizzard. Long time not so well played, much less any production is not captured mnei to monitor how Diabo third I recommend not depending on age. And this low rocker assessment. The game is playable and climate, and most ot which a player could want.
  45. May 17, 2012
    Excelente juego apegado a su estilo de juego un poco más intuitivo y fácil de usar. La espera ha valido la pena. Cambiaría el puntero del mouse por algo más original pero esperemos que el futuro traiga estas y muchas mas mejoras
  46. May 17, 2012
    I caught the game to a monitor for hours. I am very happy that I could play Diablo 3 Blizzard is the best company in the market for the issuing of the game. Great fun, great fun and predominantly playability.
  47. May 17, 2012
    Game is amazing and has the feel of a Diablo game. No, it is not an exact replica of D2 which it seems many are looking for, but it is truly addicting with more solid story to add to the dungeon crawl experience. Currently through Nightmare so I've played enough to make some sort of comment.

I enjoy the rune system, and it is certainly not a linear progression (anyone thinking that is not optimizing their character) and I appreciate Blizz switching it up if at least just a little bit. RMAH will be interesting but not really my focus, just great to play with friends.
  48. May 17, 2012
    Was not really excited with this game after playing the beta but boy was i wrong. This is the most fun and addictive rpg i have played in a while. I was hoping for maybe a slightly longer game, but the difficulties and future expansions will keep me playing this game for a long time .

I will probably get hated for writing this, but i am GLAD for the DRM. The worst part about diablo 2 for me was all the hackers/modders making bots while they are at work. The DRM should help prevent alot of haacking and bots which will save the auction house :) LOVE THIS GAME
  49. May 17, 2012
    Ok, I will admit I only played Diablo 2 a limited amount, and am far less hardcore about PC gaming then most. Yes the game has become far more streamlined, yes there were issues at launch. Those who are disappointed, I get it, but instead of giving it a zero which it clearly does not deserve, give it an appropriate score for an underwhelming sequel but a capable standalone game. somewhereOk, I will admit I only played Diablo 2 a limited amount, and am far less hardcore about PC gaming then most. Yes the game has become far more streamlined, yes there were issues at launch. Those who are disappointed, I get it, but instead of giving it a zero which it clearly does not deserve, give it an appropriate score for an underwhelming sequel but a capable standalone game. somewhere between a 5-7 depending on how much haterade you had that day. It's an enjoyable game that isn't perfect and is plagued by corporate greed for sure. New players are going to be incredibly turned off by the 3.8 gamer review score. Rather then throwing a hissy fit for the developers not giving what you expected, appreciate it for what it is, a fun, engaging, if rather strait forward, hack and slash with some customizability with an interesting story. Not to mention it has the wonderful ability to be updated and changed. If you're unhappy, rant about it with a purpose so maybe some things will be changed. Expand
  50. May 17, 2012
    My first review was apparently removed by one of the cowardly staff that manages the comments here. As punishment, I will post again. And, I give Diablo III a 10 now, not a 9. All of you complaining about the game and how terrible it is have not played it long enough. It' spectacular. Enough said. If you don't like it, go to another game and be done with it. Or hey! Start your ownMy first review was apparently removed by one of the cowardly staff that manages the comments here. As punishment, I will post again. And, I give Diablo III a 10 now, not a 9. All of you complaining about the game and how terrible it is have not played it long enough. It' spectacular. Enough said. If you don't like it, go to another game and be done with it. Or hey! Start your own game-writing company.. We'll see how well you fare... Expand
  51. May 17, 2012
    Normally I'd be knocking this game for the fail launch but the Diablo 2 comparison reviews are terrible!

There is way more customization in this game, while you don't distribute attributes your gear will still give you a lot of control over your stats and the skill system in this game is YEARS ahead of any dungeon crawler on the market today. It might start out slow and give the impression of a less customizable game but after your first play through you should start to realize that each class is VERY unique and can be played hundreds of different ways. The runes that change your abilities often alter them into an almost completely new ability making it seem like there are hundreds of skills per class to choose from.
  52. May 17, 2012
    Before I review i will say one thing.Stop Raging about connection and complaining that it isn't Diablo 2.
    Ive been playing the game for a few hours now and it has been great.I don't mind the real money AH and think it might actually be good.If your a Diablo fan then buy this game.
  53. May 17, 2012
    I really enjoy playing Diablo III as a Diablo II -fan. The reworked skill and quest systems are way more better and user-friendly. For all the people who are complaining about connection problems: Please - HOW CAN YOU HONESTLY THINK THAT THEY CAN KEEP THE SERVERS STABLE ON THE LAUNCH DAY regardless of the open-beta? I don't think that any developer/company could design a crash-free/laglessI really enjoy playing Diablo III as a Diablo II -fan. The reworked skill and quest systems are way more better and user-friendly. For all the people who are complaining about connection problems: Please - HOW CAN YOU HONESTLY THINK THAT THEY CAN KEEP THE SERVERS STABLE ON THE LAUNCH DAY regardless of the open-beta? I don't think that any developer/company could design a crash-free/lagless server system right from the start. People should really review the game itself rather than complaining about connection. The servers will be fine in just a few days... Calm your beards.. Expand
  54. May 17, 2012
    Great game, having fun playing so far. No problems with lag, server status or anything else. DIablo 3 is immersive and addicting, you just need to manage your playtime because you WILL want to play a lot.
  55. May 17, 2012
    Incredible. Blizzard has really blown me away here. The game is incredibly addicting and is sure to last long, with all the different classes, auction house, difficulties, very fun co-op, and the soon to be here PvP should be pretty good. Definitely recommend.
  56. May 17, 2012
    The reviews that have come in so far are awfully repetitive. Like they've all been coached on the same OCD aspie game forum. The game, quite simply, isn't nearly a 3.8. Gamers will literally shoot down anything today, no matter how finely polished and well made. I don't think PC gamers deserve good games anymore. After the fiasco whiny gamers made in the wake of the Mass Effect 3The reviews that have come in so far are awfully repetitive. Like they've all been coached on the same OCD aspie game forum. The game, quite simply, isn't nearly a 3.8. Gamers will literally shoot down anything today, no matter how finely polished and well made. I don't think PC gamers deserve good games anymore. After the fiasco whiny gamers made in the wake of the Mass Effect 3 release, I finally get it; the games will never be good enough. The aspies will always complain. "Not enough ridiculous attributes and skill points for me to obsess over!" "I can't make my character look just like my furry acceptance forum avatar!" "People with lives, jobs and money can afford to participate in auctions that my horded lunch money can't match!"

This is insane. I've played the game as a Barbarian up to level 10 so far and it has been absolute blast. Diablo 3 is just like the old school dungeon crawlers where you just run around smashing skeletons and barrels and boosting your loot. That's it. So your screen isn't almost completely full of little buttons with unique spells or skills or whatever-the-hell. Who cares? It's a lot more fun that way for the rest of us "casuals", or basically 90% of the burgeoning game market.

And guess what? The "consoletards" that prefer a more streamlined, intense gaming experience are not wrong. The "decline" of PC gaming as seen by aspies who prefer clutter and lots of variables to obsess over, can easily be seen as a new era of awesome by those of us who prefer a cinematic experience without a lot of BS.

There are a few things that make me groan: the always-online DRM, the graphics are a little plain. But those things haven't hindered my experience wasting zombies en masse one bit. Get over yourselves, nerds.
  57. May 17, 2012
    I got this game the other day and was pleasantly surprised even with all the negative reviews I find this version quite enjoyable,sure its not perfect but it dosen't deserve a 0 either....come on!! I can understand a lotta ppl being dissapointed with the online aspect and server problems but thats to be expected with a new game. itI got this game the other day and was pleasantly surprised even with all the negative reviews I find this version quite enjoyable,sure its not perfect but it dosen't deserve a 0 either....come on!! I can understand a lotta ppl being dissapointed with the online aspect and server problems but thats to be expected with a new game. it takes time to work out all the kinks. Lets face it, a new game brings new changes some good and some no so good and thats where I think the dissapointment lies, ppl comparing it to the previous Diablo games and it not measuring up but change can be good...if given a chance! I personally find most of the new changes refreshing, Besides the co-op rocks.... nothing like killing hordes of monsters with my gf by my side :) Expand
  58. May 17, 2012
    Blizzard has another winner. Pay no mind to the ignorant reviewers....there is no way this game deserves anything below a 7. There 2.8 trillion ways to customize your character. Go to YouTube and watch the D3 event from BilzzCon 2011.
  59. May 17, 2012
    It seems that the most negative comments can be summarized as the following:

1. Diablo 3 has removed Stats Point placements 2. Diablo 3 has changed Skills Point placements 3. Diablo 3 has connection issues alone side with forced On-Line single player. 4. Diablo 3 has no LAN. Let us address these issues one by one: Stats Points Stats points in Diablo 2 was not that varied. If you played
    It seems that the most negative comments can be summarized as the following:

1. Diablo 3 has removed Stats Point placements
    2. Diablo 3 has changed Skills Point placements
    3. Diablo 3 has connection issues alone side with forced On-Line single player.
    4. Diablo 3 has no LAN.

Let us address these issues one by one:

Stats Points

Stats points in Diablo 2 was not that varied. If you played Diablo 2 and had made characters that were capable of killing bosses in Hell difficulty or uber bosses, then you know already, stats don't vary in builds all that much. Namely, all you do is, minimal strength to wear gears, minimal dex to get 95% block rate (with skills active) and finally all remaining points into vitality. Therefore, it seems pointless to create such system where the players are all simply following the "best" way to play the game. Of course the down side is that players may no longer "fool around" with "funny" stats.

Skills Points

Diablo 3 has introduced a different system for skills. Note this is different from saying the skills system has been removed. It is true that you get skills based on levels without variation but it is the combinations that makes it interesting and VARYING. This is a nice solution to re-specialization which is a feature added in 1.13c of Diablo 2 LoD and this feature is what many want. In Diablo 3, the stat points also makes more sense and lets each character utilize it much better. Each character would have a primary stats and other stats simply adds Resistance, Armor, or Dodge. This means there won't be any useless stats such as the "Mana" stats in Diablo 2.

Connection Problem

True this is indeed a problem and it is sad that single player part of the game cannot be played single player like. No more experimenting with character items and builds. Players will simply have to do these online. As for the actual server shortage and performance, over time Bilzzard will have to address this. Therefore this should not be something that turns this great game into 0/10. Sadly for those who does not have cable connection, there is simply nothing you can do since the majority of people are using cable services.

LAN

Honest, do you really invite people over and make a private game? I hardest ever do that since your friends are simply always online anyways. This is almost like instead of talking on MSN, Tweet, Facebook, let's invite them over and talk. It's not a bad thing to do but just not frequent enough to worth taking off points. Honest, if you don't game that much, you would probably have a social life and therefore, this wouldn't be a problem to begin with. Conclusion

So with all that said, people need to rationally look at the game WITHOUT the anger is well reasoned. Review game is not the same as complaint about what you don't like.
  60. May 17, 2012
    This is another prime example of how to make a game that´ll addict millions of players worldwide. Though the game is very fun and entertaining to play, it´s easy to find mistakes. D3 is an evolution of D2, exactly like a lot of people wanted it. They took D2 and polished the game, removing some things and improved others. Like the stat trees. A lot of peopleThis is another prime example of how to make a game that´ll addict millions of players worldwide. Though the game is very fun and entertaining to play, it´s easy to find mistakes. D3 is an evolution of D2, exactly like a lot of people wanted it. They took D2 and polished the game, removing some things and improved others. Like the stat trees. A lot of people complained that it was more fun to customize the game that way, but we all know, we´d have the same stats/ optimized stats for every class in the end. The skill tree is so much better. It has a lot more customization and gives more spells at the same time to work with. The interface is nice to look at, but those things were all something we just expected to be there anyway. Leveling... If it aint broke, dont fix it. I honestly think this was a step back. It feels like I´m doing quests in WoW. The game doesnt have the same feeling of freedom as D2 did. You´re bound to following a path and have no options to skip anything, unless you´ve already done it. Boosting also seems to have died with D3, which some might think is good, but I feel like it takes too much time to reach lvl 60. Once you´ve gone through it all, if your friends need you on a new class or you just wanna play something else, you´d want the option to make it fast to the content you wanna be at (inferno, right?). The gameplay. Well it´s almost flawless, except for the few times where a monster's target frame is too big and you cant move your hero. The combat is fluid and for some reason its just so much fun to watch your hero tear through creep after creep. They got it right and they can fix what they didnt. This is the part of the game people are looking for and will be what keeps us playing it for years. A thing I´d like to see implemented is the option to use "WASD". This is mainly for the arena pvp to come, cause it is the best way to move your hero around while having maximum control. They used it in Bloodline champions, so yes it is possible to work very well.

The crafting. Crafting feels boring. You just buy your skill levels. There is no market to sell crafting mats on ah for people to level their profession, which is a missed opportunity. The story is relatively long, compared to most other single player campaigns that are accompanied by a big multiplayer. But it still feels short. It feels rushed. When I played through it, I wasnt trying to guess what happened next, like I usually do. The story didnt really put much effort into getting to know the characters very well. The story and plot had a lot of potential, but missed out. The sound and graphics are great. I see a lot of people complaining, saying the graphics should be much better. But this is a game, that runs so smooth and without any kind of errors, while still looking good. Like SC2, Blizzard delivered a game with rock solid performance. Most of the errors are serverside and will most likely go away with time. Not like Skyrim, which looks good, but the first google result on it is how to fix crash errors. Overall they got the gameplay right and they´ll make a lot of money. The game isn't perfect and a lot of people seem unhappy, but in the end they´ll still be Bli$$ard.
  61. May 17, 2012
    lol, at all the butt hurt people giving this game a negative review. It is 100% what I wanted and more and is a great successor to the franchise. Maybe stop reviewing a game just because you can't connect, that isn't constructive at all. What is the point of even getting on here if you haven't even played the damn game. If I could I would give this a 20/10 but 10/10m will have to do.
  62. May 17, 2012
    This is a great game; it's a sequel to Diablo 2, therefore it is a dungeon crawler. The Diablos put dungeon crawlers on the map and consequently the idea has been copied many times since then. But diablo 3 is everything you can expect it to be and is very fun. Also takes more than just clicking on stuff, although that is of course the basic premise. On first glance the skill tree can seemThis is a great game; it's a sequel to Diablo 2, therefore it is a dungeon crawler. The Diablos put dungeon crawlers on the map and consequently the idea has been copied many times since then. But diablo 3 is everything you can expect it to be and is very fun. Also takes more than just clicking on stuff, although that is of course the basic premise. On first glance the skill tree can seem restrictive and unsatisfying, but a quick trip to diablo's website lets you take a look at the entire tree of each character and it becomes clear that a very large amount of fiddling is possible. If the system worked the way it did in diablo 2 you would never, ever manage to figure out all the possibilities. If you can't connect do something else for a few days and wait for the servers to stabilize, if you don't like the witch doctor there are four other options... Expand
  63. May 17, 2012
    It's the third day I'm playing along with mates from work at night and then discuss at day time. The game is LOTS of fun. The overall quality of the game is just incredible. Developers put so much attention into all small details, locations are beautiful. Story ? Who cares, as long as the gameplay is balanced (and trust me it is). I don't understand all the whining about constantIt's the third day I'm playing along with mates from work at night and then discuss at day time. The game is LOTS of fun. The overall quality of the game is just incredible. Developers put so much attention into all small details, locations are beautiful. Story ? Who cares, as long as the gameplay is balanced (and trust me it is). I don't understand all the whining about constant connection requirement. Guys, you've known about it for at least 6 months ! It's like to buy a XXXX beer and then drink it saying 'I hate the taste', why to buy it in the first place ? Servers issues - yes, but honestly I only had issues on the launch day, it's been buttery smooth since then. And again, is it a score for the game or for the launch ? Grow up and score THE GAME, not how you feel about its lunch. And I'm just gonna repeat myself: don't cry about the internet connection requirement, you knew about this from the beginning. Expand
  64. May 17, 2012
    I think it is ridiculous how many bad scores have been given to this exceptional game all because of the DRM and launch day issues. I made an account here for only one reason: to get Diablo III back towards a score of which it is worthy.
  65. May 17, 2012
    Most of us have been waiting for Diablo III for at least a decade and with this have a tendency to have higher expectations for Diablo III. Before I review Diablo III lets review a comparison between Diablo I and II for illustration. Looking at Diablo I and II is a great example because Diablo II was a huge improvement from the first one because of the technology upgrade and huge depth ofMost of us have been waiting for Diablo III for at least a decade and with this have a tendency to have higher expectations for Diablo III. Before I review Diablo III lets review a comparison between Diablo I and II for illustration. Looking at Diablo I and II is a great example because Diablo II was a huge improvement from the first one because of the technology upgrade and huge depth of story improvement. Also, the cinematic upgrade was a huge improvement in quality to allow for longer story and depth. Comparing Diablo II to III is a much smaller jump because a huge amount of the story has already been explained and the technology upgrade will likely not change to greatly due to the amount of time spent on the project which will go off of an earlier engine closers to 2004- 2006. Having said that Diablo III did bring in a great amount of improvements such as: cleaner potion and gold auto pick ups, nicer graphics, fluid storyline for hack-in-move style, better co-op integration, darker feel than D2, evenly shared loot drops, and simpler interface design. The area that most people complain about is the simple design change for the skill system and attribute changes. Personally, I like the old system BUT! I can see how this new system over time will allow most players the opportunity to try every skill possible where before most people followed a cookie cutter build that someone else made and typically didn't venture further in fear of wasting points. I think Blizzard made a risky move that will pay off in the long term when the more advanced players start to see all the customization available between the skills and rune combinations. I am happy to say that Blizzard has pulled off a wonderful sequel that meets my expectations and deserves a rating of hard work that has been done. Expand
  66. May 17, 2012
    Practically perfect in every way. There are a handful of whiners that have slammed it due to the DRM (which has been known for about 7 years to be in most releases now), but ignoring the honking geese and the forum trolls, I have not had a better gaming experience than playing Diablo III in a very very long time.

Graphics are stunning, gameplay delivers in reams, and the replay value is

Graphics are stunning, gameplay delivers in reams, and the replay value is off the charts.

Its less of a game and more of a masterpiece.
  67. May 17, 2012
    Same old gameplay minus the boring / useless parts (like the useless skill builds and char stats). Godly graphics and audio. The servers are back to normal right now and it will probably only get better.
  68. May 17, 2012
    Diablo 3. A classic case of anticipation meets nerd rage. You paint this beautiful picture in your head of what this game should be, and when it isn't the crimson canvas of your own twisted mind, the game is a failure to you. Congratulations, you are now that nerd who sees a movie and claims, "The book was so much better". Q: Is the game perfect? A: No
    Q: Did the launch have issues? A:
    Q: Did the launch have issues? A: Can't respond at this time (Error 37)
    Q: Am I enjoying it? A: Hell yes

The critics who are complaining about the inability to play the game, need to take a second to think about their constant cries for attention. Diablo 3 was this supposed masterpiece that millions couldn't wait to enjoy. We all sat down at our computers, ordered an appetizer of caffeinated drinks with a side dish of an all nighter, and waited for the main course to arrive. However, we were left wondering if the kitchen ever got our order. But who's to blame?

Certainly it isn't the cook's fault that they couldn't get us our order. It was the middleman who needs to take the blame. The waiter screwed up. Plain and simple. We can make sure to fill out our restaurant card with a 1 star for service. Then, we're left with the food section of the card (which we never got to taste). How can we rate that if we didn't taste it? You can't. So stop trolling.

When one actually plays the game, they will find much of what they're looking for in a Diablo 2 sequel. Hack and slash gameplay- Check
    Tons of Loot- Check
    Addicting gameplay- Check

They will also find things they weren't expecting (Killer cut scenes, dynamic gameplay, etc.)

The fact remains that you're left with an outstanding game, with hours and hours of slot machine looting, demon killing, and rare but needed bathroom breaks. So grab a couple of beers this weekend, and do what any great game will allow you to do. Have fun.
  69. May 17, 2012
    Despite my night (three, actually) of condemning Blizzard with a slew of profanities, I have waited until a nice full day or two of play to actually provide a review. While the server errors are certainly noteworthy, I have not let it affect the review of Diablo III itself. If anything, the server issues, bugs and delays are a harsh reflection of Blizzard's lack of foresight and wisdomDespite my night (three, actually) of condemning Blizzard with a slew of profanities, I have waited until a nice full day or two of play to actually provide a review. While the server errors are certainly noteworthy, I have not let it affect the review of Diablo III itself. If anything, the server issues, bugs and delays are a harsh reflection of Blizzard's lack of foresight and wisdom regarding its preparation for a massive game such as this; this is especially poignant, given their experience with World of Warcraft and, more recently, Starcraft II.

All that being said, please consider the following: the GAME of Diablo III is nothing short of great. Initially, upon playing the beta, I thought Blizzard was tossing the customization that I loved from D2 out the window. This is not the case. Rather, the customization has been reallocated through different mechanisms, namely skill Runes and gems. My other concern was how brutally easy Normal mode felt as the Demon Hunter (the class I chose for the Beta). Granted, Normal mode is somewhat easy early on and through its entirety, but it soon becomes clear that Normal is like the training grounds, preparation for once you hit Nightmare mode. Also, being as a play a Wizard now... the enemies hurt me.

Despite the ease in Normal mode, Diablo III nevertheless provides both a competent and enjoyable variety of enemy types: from the Vortex subtypes who, after a short moment of deciding they hate fighting you from a distance abruptly teleport you, against your will, in front of them; whereas the Jailers decide "screw this cat and mouse game" and hold you stationary in a prism of red light; and then there are the Wallers who literally create walls of earth to trap you in their path of destruction. I should add that, as a Wizard, I REALLY dislike the Wallers.

I want to redirect my jumbled rant to the Skills section. Those of us who remember Diablo II fondly also remember that utilizing builds was all about two skills and spamming potions to beat the game. The best builds, which became the only type of builds played for most people in the golden years of Diablo, emphasized two skills utilized through very specific archetypes. This is not the case in Diablo III. The game creator himself emphasized the focus on creating a massive amount of viable builds in comparison to a narrow field of optimal builds. Whereas in Diablo II we could only equip two skills at once, D3 allows us to use up to six at once. Because of this, there is a myriad of possible play-styles waiting to be uncovered. Furthermore, the option to select skill runes (there are several per skill) develops a sense of variety, both graphically and tactically. This ranges from splitting my Magic Missile into three in order to hit more enemies for less damage to altering my powerful arcane orb ( a slow moving projectile that explodes for heavy damage) into four small orbs that surround me and detonate when an enemy closes the gap between us.

Expanding further on my point of customization, I wanted to address stat point allocation. This is a concept that fans of Diablo II will remember and, as you can see from the massive number of negative reviews, lament no longer having in D3. The stats themselves are still there but, more importantly, are improved upon so that we can all have an understanding as to what they do. Some people seem to think that the lack of point allocation means Blizzard abandoned customization. This is not true. Rather, stat modification is now heavily equipment reliant. For example: two magical helmets drop as loot. Helmet A will provide me +11 Dexterity but has less raw armor value than Helmet B. Helmet B actually has a few more points of raw armor but, rather than adding dexterity, it adds +9 Intelligence. As a Wizard, I have a few things to consider, regarding how I want to play. Despite the lower armor value of Helmet A, the +11 Dexterity increases my dodge capability, actually improving my defense over Helmet B. Helmet B, however, forgoes that increase of defense by boosting my Intelligence which, for a Wizard, will increase my damage output.

Taking such choices into consideration and weighing in my skills/rune selections easily creates a variety of viable builds. If I wanted to play a more defense Wizard build, I will pick skills such as Diamond Skin with a rune to increase the damage it absorbs, Arcane Orb with a rune that makes four smaller ones surround me to blow up on close proximity attackers, Mirror Image to make it harder to find me and Energy Tornado as my primary attack. By that same token, I could forgo my defensive tactics somewhat and play more of a "burn everything down" attacker by choosing Disintegrate, Fire Hydra, Explosive Rune and using Slow Time as my only real escape/utility spell.

Diablo III takes a decade of gaming education and uses it to rework a wonderful franchise, which can be seen if you take the time to explore its nuances.
  70. May 17, 2012
    Although initially disappointed by server downtimes, I have had no issues since and I find myself really enjoying this game. Even if it has been simplified, me and my friends have already had many hours of fun and It think it will continue. Good purchase.
  71. May 17, 2012
    Ignore the low user scores, the majority of players are too busy enjoying this great game to correct the haters who have been trying to destroy the name of the awesome universe that is Diablo 3. Message to haters: Read the minimum system requirements before purchase! Thankyou Blizzard for yet another masterpiece, now it's time for me to log back in!! :)
  72. May 17, 2012
    I don't really understand why everyone hates this game. They fixed a lot of the tedium of d2 while expanding and evolving the gameplay. Skills:
    Yes, you get any and all skills and can swap "builds" whenever - what's wrong with that? If you couldn't people would be crying for dual specs and such. (removes tedium as well...) Good move Blizz. Graphics:
    There are people saying the graphics are
    There are people saying the graphics are too cartoony... All blizzard games are cartoony. It is visually appealing while still conveying some serious epicness. There are people saying the graphics are outdated... Blizzard always makes games that are lower on the graphics end so that more people with a wider range of system specs can play. You don't play a blizzard game for the graphics, you play for the gameplay. SC2 is no graphics prodogy. >.>

Having to play online:
    Ok, this is one of the two issues I have with this game. There should be some sort of offline option where any items you get cannot be sold on the auction house. Not being able to play a single player game, whenever, is pretty frustrating. Multi-player groups, etc..:
    This has been streamlined so much it is glorious! You can join your friends whenever you want, wherever they are within seconds. Admittedly, this makes the single player experience less appealing - simply because of the amount of fun one has playing with friends. Bosses:
    These bosses are similar to WoW. Some may think this is cheating, I don't. Blizzard found something that works well - why change it? Multi-mechanic fights involving learning what animation means what and how to counter it are fun... get over it. A quick list of things that I think Blizzard did very well with. - Rewarding and appropriately epic sound design
    - Most spell animations are pretty and fairly epic
    - Many small side quests/stories/events
    - BEAUTIFUL vistas and landscapes in some parts of the game
    - More interesting boss fights (compared to d2)
    - More interesting hero/elite mechanics (compared to d2)
    - Much better difficulty progression (compared to d2)

Overall, I would give the game a nine, however the online requirement makes me a little bit sad. As such, it will receive an eight. Oh, and don't take the day off to play the release of any online game. There are always a million problems. Why haven't people learned this?
  73. May 17, 2012
    A true sequel to one of the best game ever. Very nice design decisions, clear and precise gameplay and mechanics. After Starcraft II this is clearly a game we'll play for a very long time.
  74. May 17, 2012
    Overall D3 is a great game with a big flaw. Diablo is not WoW, so it's a sin to force online game for single player campaign. It's not tolerable that I can't play the game I paid for if I'm not connected!! I live in an island and this would be perfect for my weekends away!
    I also can't stand that their are changing the software license concept. I have payed 60â
  75. May 17, 2012
    Great game. Don't be fooled by the low user score, the majority of the negative reviews are due to no offline mode and launch issues. If you're not bothered by the fact that you need a constant internet connection to play, go ahead and get it...it's a great game.
  76. May 17, 2012
    Awesome! I love the modifications in Diablo 3 over D2 and D1. Forget stamina, attribute points and skill trees, and get right down to bashing evil's head in! :) Drops are better as well. I can't really understand people's negative comments regarding these changes, but hey... to each their own.

I can understand, however, people's frustration with the server and performance woes, but you can assume these will be fixed in the very near future.
  77. May 17, 2012
    Having a blast playing this game so far. Yes, I had issues logging in the first day.. but it didn't kill me to wait one day to play a computer game. Due to my work schedule and other priorities (it's called having a life) I haven't been able to beat the game, so I don't really feel qualified to review it....BUT I'm still reviewing this game with a perfect 10, just to counter those whoHaving a blast playing this game so far. Yes, I had issues logging in the first day.. but it didn't kill me to wait one day to play a computer game. Due to my work schedule and other priorities (it's called having a life) I haven't been able to beat the game, so I don't really feel qualified to review it....BUT I'm still reviewing this game with a perfect 10, just to counter those who feel like they can give a game a zero just to whine and complain. Expand
  78. May 17, 2012
    I'm sure all the server error problems will be fixed within a few days so if your having problems why not chill and do something else for a few days? I'm sorry for all the people who don't have an always on internet connection. I live in England and always on broadband is the standard here so anyone living in a technologically advanced country should have no problems with the always onI'm sure all the server error problems will be fixed within a few days so if your having problems why not chill and do something else for a few days? I'm sorry for all the people who don't have an always on internet connection. I live in England and always on broadband is the standard here so anyone living in a technologically advanced country should have no problems with the always on internet connection (once Blizzard have ironed out the teething troubles). Gaming companies have the right to protect their products from piracy and as it's so rife its a wonder they still bother with PC games at all. I must admit that the enviroments do look a little boring but I guess they made the game so it can be played on old PC's too. Expand
  79. May 17, 2012
    This is the pinnacle of what the traditional Diablo experience could be. Nothing more could be added without significantly changing the experience. If you ask me, though, we got Diablo III in 2004. World of Warcraft was the ultimate evolution of the Diablo formula. The multiplayer dungeon running was put in a 3D perspective on a massive scale and became completely persistent. Sadly, inThis is the pinnacle of what the traditional Diablo experience could be. Nothing more could be added without significantly changing the experience. If you ask me, though, we got Diablo III in 2004. World of Warcraft was the ultimate evolution of the Diablo formula. The multiplayer dungeon running was put in a 3D perspective on a massive scale and became completely persistent. Sadly, in this modern day, a sequel is no more than an expansion with a high-res texture pack in the guise of a sequel. Since it seems the industry is committed to this formula, here is Diablo III, doing the same things it predecessors did but with a few more features and more glitz. In this sense, it is perfect. However, there was a time where this game would have had to be much more than it is. Expand
  80. May 17, 2012
    Blizzard has once again delivered on a great gaming experience. Graphics are good, gameplay is solid and intuitive, and the soundtrack is back to its Diablo roots with ominous and ambiant tones that set the mood approprate for the setting. The storyline a is rather cliche good vs evil story with very few actual surprises. But as far as the gameplay itself goes, things are a polished toBlizzard has once again delivered on a great gaming experience. Graphics are good, gameplay is solid and intuitive, and the soundtrack is back to its Diablo roots with ominous and ambiant tones that set the mood approprate for the setting. The storyline a is rather cliche good vs evil story with very few actual surprises. But as far as the gameplay itself goes, things are a polished to sparkle.

That said Blizzard seemed to forget many of the basics that make connecting with your friends and building a community around a game fun and easy. No inclusion of custom private chat-channels and voice chat in 2012 is something sorely missed. Clan/guild support is another thing that fans would love to see. I know Blizzard is working to address many of these issues, but one would think that with the development time taken some of these little things would not have been overlooked. At it's core, Diablo 3 is a great game, but it is missing the little things that could make it a great "gaming experience".
  81. May 17, 2012
    Pretty awesome overall! I enjoy the classes (along with skill options) and the overall gameplay is great, as long as you enjoy the Diablo series. The graphics are also quite pretty, not as nice as a game like Trine 2, but still somewhat impressive. I think a lot of the other reviewers need to chill out, I understand the game has DRM, but you already knew this. I understand the game had aPretty awesome overall! I enjoy the classes (along with skill options) and the overall gameplay is great, as long as you enjoy the Diablo series. The graphics are also quite pretty, not as nice as a game like Trine 2, but still somewhat impressive. I think a lot of the other reviewers need to chill out, I understand the game has DRM, but you already knew this. I understand the game had a bad launch, and if you're a gamer.. you already knew this would happen. The only reason I think a game should be rated 3 and below is if it has a massive amount of bugs that never got patched, along with being an overall terrible game. Expand
  82. May 17, 2012
    Everything I expected and more. The none stop action with blood and gore flying. Skill system you can adjust to the situation, do I wanna be more bursty dps or sustained? do I wanna be more tanky? np just adjust my skills and runes. The Graphics are very nice its like being in a living painting and it runs great on my radeon 6850 100+ fps max settings 1080p. Once you get past normal theEverything I expected and more. The none stop action with blood and gore flying. Skill system you can adjust to the situation, do I wanna be more bursty dps or sustained? do I wanna be more tanky? np just adjust my skills and runes. The Graphics are very nice its like being in a living painting and it runs great on my radeon 6850 100+ fps max settings 1080p. Once you get past normal the game becomes challenging, making you need to use tactics and actually think.

Awesome game, dont get all the negative reviews..must be trolls
  83. May 17, 2012
    This game is great. If you're a PC gamer and you're not going to buy it you're an idiot. To people who are angry it's not like Diablo II, would you be more happy if they made the same game with updated visuals? No, because CoD does that every year with different guns and maps and the same visuals and all of us hate that. Things change, especially in the games industry. So get over it andThis game is great. If you're a PC gamer and you're not going to buy it you're an idiot. To people who are angry it's not like Diablo II, would you be more happy if they made the same game with updated visuals? No, because CoD does that every year with different guns and maps and the same visuals and all of us hate that. Things change, especially in the games industry. So get over it and play the game without complaining, you might actually enjoy it. Expand
  84. May 17, 2012
    The sour grapes on display here is quite pathetic. The critics score of 8.8. is about right. I played diablo 2 for several hundred hours, I was obsessed with it. And Diablo 3 is, I think, objectively far better in most respects. So the servers failed on day 1. Ok, rate battle.net badly, it has nothing to do with the actual game. Bunch of whiny kids on here.
  85. May 17, 2012
    Graphically acceptable - for more experienced fans of the francise it's probably a little bland. The always on line DRM a pain in the preverbial if you know what I mean. The simplified mechanics will appeal to the less experienced and casual gamers, and the younger element of plays who do not rememer the heritage of the Diablo brand
  86. May 17, 2012
    First. For all those people hating on the Launch HELL THE HELL DIDNT YOU SEE IT COMING Over 20Million Units Sold even Blizzard couldnt see that coming.

Other then that the game was fine for game play had a good time playing through both Nightmare and Normal Completed Both now time too far for Inferno come on this game has come from 12 years of nothing to just 12 year old crying cause they couldn't login on release it was bound to happen. You ask any diablo fan it is FANTASTIC and for the PvP not on Release they said that over 5 Months ago it was going to be on Release.

Thank you Blizzard for the Lovely title for the next installment cant wait :D
  87. May 17, 2012
    I played through hardcore on my first run through and had an absolute blast. The story was engaging despite being pleasantly cheesy at times. The boss fights were often challenging even in the first Act. More importantly, it was just plain fun.

If you're a fan of hack and slash RPGs and love the retro isometric view, you'll love Diablo 3. Also, for the record, please take all the reviews

Also, for the record, please take all the reviews on May 15th with a grain of salt. That was release day so these reviewers either did not play the game, or had barely progressed through it. There is no way they could give an honest review.
  88. May 17, 2012
    I signed up for metacritic just so I could balance out some of these negative reviews. I think they're completely unjustified. I think it's an awesome game. I think they took some of the best of D2 and improved on it well. If you wanted just D2 with better graphics then I think you misunderstand how the video game industry works. Try Kickstarter or something. I can understand theI signed up for metacritic just so I could balance out some of these negative reviews. I think they're completely unjustified. I think it's an awesome game. I think they took some of the best of D2 and improved on it well. If you wanted just D2 with better graphics then I think you misunderstand how the video game industry works. Try Kickstarter or something. I can understand the complaints about server problems. I was quite disappointed in that and the inconvenience associated with the online only aspect deserves some lost points in the rating. But giving the game a zero for it is like throwing away good food because your waiter was rude.
    As for the complaints about customizability, even in my gaming heyday, in the era of D1 and D2, I didn't have the time to experiment with every possible customization. I thought that collecting runes and gems and set items was so tedious and time-consuming, I'm glad they simplified it a bit. Now for some of the things I like.
    I like the graphics. I adjusted the settings so that it runs really smoothly and the graphics are still beautiful and what I would have expected.
    I like that you can dye bits of armor to change your character's appearance. Simple thing but it shows they still understand that customization is important.
    Fun and simple gameplay. I don't need it to be the most challenging I do every day. And higher difficulties and hardcore characters still allow for more intensity for those who want it.
    I like the achievements. It's kinda par for the course with games these days but I think it adds something good to the game.
    I like not having to carry around mana or scrolls.
    These are just a few of the unique features that I love about D3. I think it's a great game. And I'll say it again, if you're disappointed that D3 isn't just D2 with better graphics, I think your expectations are unrealistic and it's no wonder you're disappointed.
    It's a great game with some minor flaws. Period.
  89. May 17, 2012
    The majority of user reviewers have not even played the game, based on the fact that it's only been out for less than two days and one of those days the servers weren't working. I am giving the game an 8, based on how it compares to other games in the genre.

While I haven't completed the game (not even close), I am really enjoying the storyline, mechanics, and overall atmosphere. And of course, the main thing we all like is the loot, which is rampant in D3. Fans of the first two Diablo games will appreciate how similar this is - Blizzard did not deviate far from its winning formula for the franchise, and I appreciate that (especially after seeing how Bioware destroyed the Dragon Age franchise with its sequel). For those of you who gave the game a zero, you should play the game (servers are fine now) and then come back and modify your score. Just because servers crashed on the first night does not mean the game is a zero. Please don't let metacritic lose credibility by giving skewed scores based on the fact that you called in sick to play Diablo and were unable to on Tuesday.
  90. May 17, 2012
    I feel compelled to review Diablo 3 not for the public but because of the public. For those giving this game a bad score for the necessary internet connection and launch bugs shame on you. Although I also don't agree with needing a constant internet connection this isn't the first game to do it and one of the biggest reasons to add this requirement is for any game now a days is becauseI feel compelled to review Diablo 3 not for the public but because of the public. For those giving this game a bad score for the necessary internet connection and launch bugs shame on you. Although I also don't agree with needing a constant internet connection this isn't the first game to do it and one of the biggest reasons to add this requirement is for any game now a days is because of piracy. Is it the best way to handle it? No. If your going to be mad about something like that be mad at the people who steal games. The people that think the game is worth playing but don't want to pay for it. As for the launch bugs, they will get fixed, calm down.

Now, on to the real reason I'm defending the game. People keep saying its watered down and to "casual." To those people I say, wait till you unlock the other difficulty modes. I am also reading a lot of post about people being unhappy with character development. I think they did a great job. From what I gather people are pretty butt hurt about not being able to pick stats when you level. But I ask why, why do you want to do that so much? Blizzard took a step back and actually analyzed how people were playing their games. Just like in WoW if you didn't put talent point in certain skills, or in Diablo's case, stats, then you were essentially playing the class wrong. They instead said, and this is true with Diablo too, if they are always going to put their point into these stats lets find another way that people can customize their characters the way they want to without them feeling inferior to someone else playing the same class. That's where the introduction to these new skill types shine. For example my brother and myself are both playing Monk. We are both piling on the dexterity from items, because in order to do any type of good damage we need it. Which points back to why anyone wants "customize" their own stats, just let them do it. We all know where your going to put them anyway. Instead, where we get to customize is with our abilities, runes, and passive abilities. We play the character completely different yet were both feel just as powerfully and we enjoy playing the game in our own ways. I've tried his skills build and i hate it, and the same can be said when he tried how I play my monk. The game is deep, the art is gorgeous and a amazing example of why not every game needs "next gen" graphics. For everyone hating on the game for the mandatory internet connection and the launch bugs. I understand, I've said my share of comment about it, but grow up. Scores of Zero are childish.
  91. May 17, 2012
    Diablo III is by no means a perfect game but I am over 8 hours in and I do indeed enjoy the game. People are complaining about the graphics but I think there good and at least up to standard. The gameplay is exceptional I love the looting and yes the skills are simplified but I dont think it takes away from the overall experience. Yes ok DRM sucks balls, I love the game but that is a ****Diablo III is by no means a perfect game but I am over 8 hours in and I do indeed enjoy the game. People are complaining about the graphics but I think there good and at least up to standard. The gameplay is exceptional I love the looting and yes the skills are simplified but I dont think it takes away from the overall experience. Yes ok DRM sucks balls, I love the game but that is a **** and fianlly stop complaining about not being able to get into the game on a REVIEW, so many people including myself got it on the first day Blizzard couldnt contend with the amount of people, no beta could have prepared them for that, so stop complaining. I got in on the first day so stop complaining even if its sdtill not good now it WILL be fixed. And oh yes if you think im soem new fanboy No i have played both Diablo I and II and they are exceptional games but so is Diablo III Expand
  92. May 17, 2012
    what's wrong with all of you ? u guys gave 0 for this great RPG game. First off, I need to point out the launch was really bad, it took me over 2 hours to login. But if let the launch and connection aside, the game itself could easily deserve 8/10 if not more . The only thing that holds me back to give a 10/10 is the quest system, the storyline is great but the quest system make the gamewhat's wrong with all of you ? u guys gave 0 for this great RPG game. First off, I need to point out the launch was really bad, it took me over 2 hours to login. But if let the launch and connection aside, the game itself could easily deserve 8/10 if not more . The only thing that holds me back to give a 10/10 is the quest system, the storyline is great but the quest system make the game so rush, not a lot of side quest and the rewards are basically exp and gold. However, the hack - slash gameplay is hella fun and addicting, graphic and effects are great as well as the sound effect. It's more customization than people might think since the level points are removed. At first, I was like " damn, no more customization" but after finishing Normal in diablo 3, I think there are a lot of customization. For what I noticed, the customization's now based on items. Items now will upgrade any skill you want to upgrade, and increase any stats u want to increase.
    The online gaming could be inconvenient, but makes the game more addicting and fair since you can compete with other and nobody can use hack or cheat .
  93. May 17, 2012
    I had previously given this game a rating of 0, the lowest rating possible, simply because it was unplayable despite paying $60 for it. I promised to change my rating and review when they fixed the game, and for the most part they have. There are now very few connection issues. The game is very fun, especially with friends, and the cutscenes are some of the most amazing things I've seenI had previously given this game a rating of 0, the lowest rating possible, simply because it was unplayable despite paying $60 for it. I promised to change my rating and review when they fixed the game, and for the most part they have. There are now very few connection issues. The game is very fun, especially with friends, and the cutscenes are some of the most amazing things I've seen in my long gaming life. The classes are unique, the graphics are pleasing, and the giblet explosions bring back my Diablo childhood. It is all around a polished game as well, with very few bugs that I've noticed (besides the glaring login issues, which Blizzard has now released an official apology for). There are excellent and well thought-out money sinks in the game, so gold actually has value, as well as good itemization, and an infinite amount of ways to customize your equipment.

There are a few downsides to the game, which made me give this game a 8 rather than a 9 or 10. First, you MUST be connected to the internet to play single-player, thus your speed an enjoyment of the game depend on your internet connection. Second, normal is far too easy. Nightmare is a little better. I have not played through Hell yet, but I'm guessing it will be what I consider "normal" difficulty for a game not geared towards children. Third, the auction house is nice, but could use some more features (such as searching by item name, and an automatic comparison of the item in auction house to what you currently have equipped). Fourth, maps don't seem that randomized, which lowers replay value.

Overall I think it is worth the money, especially if you are thinking of a game night with your friends.
  94. May 17, 2012
    Staying up until Midnight and not being able to log on was disappointing and having problems was not ideal, but honestly that will not take away from the lasting effect that Diablo III will make on the action RPG genre or PC games in general. Things have already smoothed out and its a joy to play. I was skeptical about the new skill/rune system but I enjoy it very much. You can still doStaying up until Midnight and not being able to log on was disappointing and having problems was not ideal, but honestly that will not take away from the lasting effect that Diablo III will make on the action RPG genre or PC games in general. Things have already smoothed out and its a joy to play. I was skeptical about the new skill/rune system but I enjoy it very much. You can still do builds and you eventually get magic find bonus for sticking with on build and not changing runes. All my friends who played Diablo 2 back in the day as well as WOW have done nothing but rave about it and we consider ourselves hardcore. With the servers more consistent I am struggling to find anything to complain about or that I would change.

My only complaint is it took so long to come out (I've been waiting personally for 10 years) and my free time is no longer existent with Diablo and Torchlight 2 coming out soon I have too much to play!

Cheers Blizzard on a job well done!
  95. May 17, 2012
    I'm majorly surprised at all the negative reviews. This game has to be hands down the most fun I've had in Diablo for a long time. Let's take a look at some of the things this game has similar to the second;

-Characters: You'll see many reappearances of your favorite Diablo Lore characters in this game. -Art: The art style looks and feels like Diablo. Who could forget the Life Orb after

-Art: The art style looks and feels like Diablo. Who could forget the Life Orb after playing D2?

-Classes: A lot of the classes, while named differently, feel like advanced and fleshed out versions of the D2 classes. Witch Doctor; Necromancer. Barbarian (Same). Wizard; Sorceress. Monk; Paladin/Assassin Mix. Demon Hunter; Amazon/Assassin Mix.

Ok, so what are the differences?

-In-Depth Character Customization; Thousands of ways to build your toon with a forgiving system that doesn't lock you into a skill path. You can easily change your build out of combat with no penalties besides a small cooldown on the changed skill slot. Not to mention this new customization allows for gear optimization, allowing you to specialize certain ways for a bigger bang.

Also, this seems trivial, but I love the fact I can dye my armors or use a vanishing dye to remove ugly pieces. Plenty of dyes to find and millions of pieces of gear to customize with.

-Auction House; This is a very contested area in a review. Let me start by saying I disagree with the Real-Life Currency option and you won't find me doing it. With that said, the Virtual Currency (Gold) Auction House is incredibly useful. I've found magnificent gear for really low prices that have ubertized my toons, while also being able to sell old/found gear for a good amount.

I think people need to take a chance to actually utilize the Auction House, because it is a really neat feature that can be extremely beneficial to your builds and toons.

-Combat: Exciting, thrilling, and fast paced. Exactly what I expect out of Diablo. You no longer rely on health potions and instead rely on skill and Health Orbs that are strategically dropped by enemies throughout a fight. The new resources that each class has (Mana, Arcane Power, Spirit, Fury, and Hatred/Discipline) help to keep classes unique. While there are less skills to learn in this game, the Rune system allows you to deeply customize your character's abilities. No two toons should ever have the same build, simply because the Rune system adds a huge amount of depth to what your character can do.

-Story: Beautifully told story, filled with TONS (and I mean TONZ) of voice acting for those who hate reading. The CGI cutscenes are nothing less than breathtaking, exactly what I expect out of Blizzard. My only complaints here is that the story is fairly linear without many choices involved, but all the Diablo games are like this so this may be a good thing if you liked the linear style the three games have always had. Definitely some interesting plot twists, and surprisingly the voice acting isn't cheesy.

If you're a Diablo fan, this game shouldn't disappoint. If you're an action RPG fan, this game definitely won't disappoint. If anything, they've turned Diablo into a pseudo-MMO with much more depth involved.

Also, on another note, the servers are a little bit unstable as of now, but it's been patched constantly. I expect all the kinks to be worked out within the next week or so. The online play isn't discouraging in the least bit, and encourages teamplay (which is a whole other level of chaos and fun!)

If anything, this game is at least worth a try. Not a 10/10 perfect game, but an incredibly fun one never the less.
  96. May 17, 2012
    I played the game, fully, and I must say that i liked it. Not loved, but liked. Yeah, Blizzard did some stupid things, like a different character customization, but the game was enjoyable, I did. Some might not like the changes, I never said it was perfect, so you might have your reason to hate it, but if you like a good hack and slash, with a good story, a good cooperative play, ecc...I played the game, fully, and I must say that i liked it. Not loved, but liked. Yeah, Blizzard did some stupid things, like a different character customization, but the game was enjoyable, I did. Some might not like the changes, I never said it was perfect, so you might have your reason to hate it, but if you like a good hack and slash, with a good story, a good cooperative play, ecc... then you might like Diablo. I read reviews talking about how they copied the skills from WoW as the worse thing ever happened , but in the end does the name of a skill really matters? Other say that the character customization lacks depth, I say that it does IF you don' t want it to be deep. To be able to change set of skills right before a Boss is a good thing, I suppose, while D2 players had to delete a character whenever their set of skills was wrong, while now the real customization is in the equipment . The gold based auction house is a good (WoW inspired) new feature, even thou the real money one isn' t that good. Pay for win should remain in the free-to-play games, where it belongs. As for the maps, some might complain, but they are randomly generated, so if you play twice the game you'll still find new dungeons, even new secondary quests. In the end the biggest problem Diablo HAD was the massive lag of the 1° day, but that was obvious, and if you really waited till the midnight of the 15, then you are a real fan, or just stupid (I don't mean to offend anybody), because the only thing we knew was that playing on day one was going to be a nightmare.
    Nothing else to say.
  97. May 17, 2012
    I'm kind of amazed at all the people who gave it zero just because of a server issue on the first day of release. I doubt any of those people will come back and revise their score after they've beaten act 4 and are bragging to their friends about their 1337 gear. This game is as addicting as the first two in the series. People who claim that there is no character customization are simplyI'm kind of amazed at all the people who gave it zero just because of a server issue on the first day of release. I doubt any of those people will come back and revise their score after they've beaten act 4 and are bragging to their friends about their 1337 gear. This game is as addicting as the first two in the series. People who claim that there is no character customization are simply incorrect. You are able to customize your character's abilities by simply checking a box in the options screen. This opens up a whole new world of possibilities. Simply put, if you enjoyed Diablo I and II, you'll love this game. The procedurally-generated levels are gorgeous, the combat is challenging, and after the rather linear feel of the first few quests, the game opens up quite a bit. The only reason I'm giving it a 9 instead of a ten is that you have to get quite far into the game for most of these options to open up, so people who have only played for 30 minutes will naturally feel restricted. One could say that Blizzard has overloaded the endgame to the point where new players might feel neglected. Probably the most disturbing feature of the game is the online-only play. Expand
  98. May 17, 2012
    Very close to perfection! Other than some minor launch issues, Blizzard has once again built the best Action RPG on the market. Gorgeous graphics, improved/simplified play mechanics (no more potion spamming), a simpler/better skill/runes system, and amazing voice acting and plot throughout. Appears to have 30-40 hours of solid gameplay to get through the single player acts and sideVery close to perfection! Other than some minor launch issues, Blizzard has once again built the best Action RPG on the market. Gorgeous graphics, improved/simplified play mechanics (no more potion spamming), a simpler/better skill/runes system, and amazing voice acting and plot throughout. Appears to have 30-40 hours of solid gameplay to get through the single player acts and side quests. Much more if you play all the classes, play hard core, or play through all the difficulty levels. Loot system is amazing so people will be playing for years to get "one more drop". Great to see an auction house included! Expand
  99. May 17, 2012
    There are so many people on here who seem to not understand that when you review something you review the game itself, not your own petty feelings for the company. I wish the online gaming community was more mature at times, instead of acting like children. but anyway i thought the game itself was / is fantastic, i'm having a blast playing through all the difficulties, and the online funThere are so many people on here who seem to not understand that when you review something you review the game itself, not your own petty feelings for the company. I wish the online gaming community was more mature at times, instead of acting like children. but anyway i thought the game itself was / is fantastic, i'm having a blast playing through all the difficulties, and the online fun with friends just adds another element of amazing to an already overly solid game. Expand
  100. May 17, 2012
    Basing the quality of a game on an hour delay post launch? No thanks. A huge leap forward in RPG game design, a true champion of the Action-RPG genre, breathing new life into a dead genre.
  101. May 16, 2012
    The game plays really well, is lots of fun like only a few games were so far. The graphics (on my low end computer) are still amazing in low quality. What I like most about this game is the atmosphere. Every new zone is amazingly detailed and hauntingly beautiful. The game will still look pretty in 5-10 years, when graphics have evolved. I will play this game lots, planing to stick to aThe game plays really well, is lots of fun like only a few games were so far. The graphics (on my low end computer) are still amazing in low quality. What I like most about this game is the atmosphere. Every new zone is amazingly detailed and hauntingly beautiful. The game will still look pretty in 5-10 years, when graphics have evolved. I will play this game lots, planing to stick to a low pace and taking everything in the game has to offer.

I would've given it a score of 10, but I don't like the idea of the Real Money Auction House. Blizzard almost lost me as a Diabro when it was announced. But, I'm here, I'm playing and I'm loving it, ignoring the one feature that really sucks!

1. Aug 31, 2012