Diablo III PC

4.0

1. May 17, 2012
    I'm kind of amazed at all the people who gave it zero just because of a server issue on the first day of release. I doubt any of those people will come back and revise their score after they've beaten act 4 and are bragging to their friends about their 1337 gear. This game is as addicting as the first two in the series. People who claim that there is no character customization are simplyI'm kind of amazed at all the people who gave it zero just because of a server issue on the first day of release. I doubt any of those people will come back and revise their score after they've beaten act 4 and are bragging to their friends about their 1337 gear. This game is as addicting as the first two in the series. People who claim that there is no character customization are simply incorrect. You are able to customize your character's abilities by simply checking a box in the options screen. This opens up a whole new world of possibilities. Simply put, if you enjoyed Diablo I and II, you'll love this game. The procedurally-generated levels are gorgeous, the combat is challenging, and after the rather linear feel of the first few quests, the game opens up quite a bit. The only reason I'm giving it a 9 instead of a ten is that you have to get quite far into the game for most of these options to open up, so people who have only played for 30 minutes will naturally feel restricted. One could say that Blizzard has overloaded the endgame to the point where new players might feel neglected. Probably the most disturbing feature of the game is the online-only play. Expand
  2. May 17, 2012
    Very close to perfection! Other than some minor launch issues, Blizzard has once again built the best Action RPG on the market. Gorgeous graphics, improved/simplified play mechanics (no more potion spamming), a simpler/better skill/runes system, and amazing voice acting and plot throughout. Appears to have 30-40 hours of solid gameplay to get through the single player acts and sideVery close to perfection! Other than some minor launch issues, Blizzard has once again built the best Action RPG on the market. Gorgeous graphics, improved/simplified play mechanics (no more potion spamming), a simpler/better skill/runes system, and amazing voice acting and plot throughout. Appears to have 30-40 hours of solid gameplay to get through the single player acts and side quests. Much more if you play all the classes, play hard core, or play through all the difficulty levels. Loot system is amazing so people will be playing for years to get "one more drop". Great to see an auction house included! Expand
  3. May 17, 2012
    There are so many people on here who seem to not understand that when you review something you review the game itself, not your own petty feelings for the company. I wish the online gaming community was more mature at times, instead of acting like children. but anyway i thought the game itself was / is fantastic, i'm having a blast playing through all the difficulties, and the online funThere are so many people on here who seem to not understand that when you review something you review the game itself, not your own petty feelings for the company. I wish the online gaming community was more mature at times, instead of acting like children. but anyway i thought the game itself was / is fantastic, i'm having a blast playing through all the difficulties, and the online fun with friends just adds another element of amazing to an already overly solid game. Expand
  4. May 17, 2012
    Basing the quality of a game on an hour delay post launch? No thanks. A huge leap forward in RPG game design, a true champion of the Action-RPG genre, breathing new life into a dead genre.
  5. May 17, 2012
    I played this game for 10 minutes and it's the most amazing game I've ever played!!! I know, that sounds ridiculous... but it's no more ridiculous than those giving the game a zero simply because they can't play offline. I have to balance out the stupidity. I'll put up a real review when I actually play the game... unlike all these knee jerk reviews.
  6. May 17, 2012
    For everyone reading this review, everyone that is whining and crying about how the new style gameplay is horrible, blah blah, no attribute points, etc, there is a reason why its called Diablo 3, and not Diablo 2. Its because its a newer revamped version. Don't like it? Cry about it somewhere else. Don't taint the name of Blizzard just because you can't get on the servers to play the game,For everyone reading this review, everyone that is whining and crying about how the new style gameplay is horrible, blah blah, no attribute points, etc, there is a reason why its called Diablo 3, and not Diablo 2. Its because its a newer revamped version. Don't like it? Cry about it somewhere else. Don't taint the name of Blizzard just because you can't get on the servers to play the game, and especially don't taint the name of Blizzard because you don't like how they make their games. That's like saying, "Hey man! Can I have some of your milk?" to your best mate, then throwing the milk back in your best mates face saying, "Dude, that tastes like Sh*t"

I will admit, the only thing that has slightly unimpressed me so far in this game has been the server unavailability, but that's not forever; in fact, its already cleared up, with some short maintenance breaks inbetween. Good things come to those who wait, and I am sure Blizzard will continue to deliver.

Game-play wise, this game delivers the full hack-and-slash experience that people love, and the classes and amazing. From what I've seen, the "Witch Doctor" class is a must-play if you have a quirky sense of humor. Nothing more funny than watching exploding toads kill minions.

There a plenty of side quests, and the game is very re-playable. About the removal of attribute points and skill points;
    The newer system is a lot cleaner, a lot more easily accessible, and you don't get that moment in battle going "**** **** **** wheres my (insert skill name here)!?!?!111!?one!" moments.
    There are still a lot of skills to utilise and customize between, and they all have their different uses.

Playing fairly casual for a die-hard diablo fan, I've hit level 40 on a Demon Hunter, and like I said, have been impressed by the game so far. I've already said to my mates that I am looking forward to the sequel, Keep doing what you do Blizzard, and don't let these whinge bags bring you down.

Also, as a last note; millions of people have bought this game. Yes, we are all annoyed about server instability, but in case you haven't seen, only 1674 (as of the time that I am posting this review)people have come to meta-critic to badmouth and rant about the game. These are probably the people that wanted something to whine about in the first place, or just aren't getting laid enough! Guess what the other millions of people are doing? Playing the game they bought, and having a smashing time.

Thumbs up Blizzard.
  7. May 17, 2012
    To say that the game is bad just because that there are some problems with the login servers is just hilarious. This game is epic and then some, easy to get in to, hard to quit playing and a storyline that blows you away.
    The People that are writing bad reviews are just blowing of steam. Ofc there is always room for improvement, there is, as of yet, no game that is flawless. It would have been nice to be able to customize a few things, and I'm not taken with the ide of a AH with real money (but we cant review that, as its not online yet), but overall its still a mind blowing game.
  8. May 17, 2012
    Blizzard again delivers. Smooth, elegant gameplay, low CPU requirements, easy to get into, takes a moment to master. Plenty of spell/ability choices, grouping is unbelievably fast and easy.
  9. May 17, 2012
    Simply put. This game is everything I could have hoped for! It still feels like Diablo while adding tones of new features! The servers went down the first two days, but I feel that should not impact the games over all quality or review. I have played hour and hours of it already and feel that it is one of the best games I have played in a long time.
  10. May 17, 2012
    When you say that Diablo 2's graphics looks the same as Diablo 3's?... Either you need to get your eyes check or you need to quit crying that you could not login to the servers on launch. All these negative reviews are completely ridiculous. I read some and it gets boring reading about how you impatient f***ks can't wait to play the game. I waited 2 days to get this game, because i didn'tWhen you say that Diablo 2's graphics looks the same as Diablo 3's?... Either you need to get your eyes check or you need to quit crying that you could not login to the servers on launch. All these negative reviews are completely ridiculous. I read some and it gets boring reading about how you impatient f***ks can't wait to play the game. I waited 2 days to get this game, because i didn't reserve a collectors edition. If anybody should be raging its me not having the damn game at launch and not being able to play with all my friends. So quit your damn crying. Anyway aside from the trolling idiots, the game lives up to the hype. The graphics are really nice, animations are awesome, and it is a huge upgrade from Diablo 2. Everything looks nice and finely crisp. Game play is really fun and it gets even more fun when the difficulty is turned up a notch especially when you are playing with friends. Everything is balanced and really the only disappointed is not being able to pvp yet but thats fine. Plus if this is supposedly "WoW inspired clone" I'd much rather play this than pay $15 a month to fight with pandas...just saying. Anyway like said this game does live up to the hype and is really fun to play. Overall I'm happy that i got my copy of the collectors edition, and the negative reviews are just plain unnecessary and childish. Expand
  11. May 17, 2012
    This game has almost everything a good, exciting and fun game needs to have, although it is not perfect. Giving this game a 0 or 1 is ridiculous. Here is the deal: Up to lvl 10 and up to the Skeleton King, the Game is incredible easy and i was somewhat disappointed. But the game gets MUCH (!!!) better after the Skeleton King and if you are getting close to lvl 15. It is almost an entirelyThis game has almost everything a good, exciting and fun game needs to have, although it is not perfect. Giving this game a 0 or 1 is ridiculous. Here is the deal: Up to lvl 10 and up to the Skeleton King, the Game is incredible easy and i was somewhat disappointed. But the game gets MUCH (!!!) better after the Skeleton King and if you are getting close to lvl 15. It is almost an entirely different game compared to the kindergarten up to the first major boss, Skeleton King. DO NOT make the mistake and play "a few hours" or using Guest pass to lvl 10...and then form an opinion based on this. If you didnt play the game to at least lvl 15 you have no idea how good the game could be.

While playing in co-cop (2 or 3 people) proved immense fun so far, i personally have some things which i would like respective dislike.
    I really would wish an ability to zoom-in/out since i think the two, fix zoom levels are very restrictive. Yes, as others i would wish to be able to customize my character as well. I would also wish more emotes (i know, it sounds silly)....but playing with former guildies from WoW and not being able to dance, laugh etc. makes me feel restricted. AFTER ALL, it is still "sort of" an online game and the real fun truly shines playing with mates and friends - this is why i want more emotes.

As for the graphics, as i said above the game gets MUCH better after Skeleton King, also visually. There are some things like over-use of fog..but overall the graphics are GOOD and some/most of the spells and animations (monsters) are fantastic. Seriously, there is not much to complain. The voice acting is also good (IMHO).....sometimes it is cheesy but it fits this genre.

People should stop giving this game a 0 or 1, it's entirely and absolutely uncalled for. It can be a HELL of fun. it's not perfect, no, but good for many, many hours of co-op fun. It's a solid game and people need to realize this. PLAY IT before you trash it.
  12. May 17, 2012
    This game is great. I'm not sure why there is such a brigade of negative reviewers. Everything is polished, the combat is smooth, and most of all it's FUN and challenging. Really well done, I'll be playing for awhile.
  13. May 17, 2012
    Omfg, stop whining about Diablo 3.
    Omfg, stop whining about Diablo 3.
    It's a great game. It's a worthy sequel. The graphics are not next-gen BF3 or crysis, but the maps are designed to be amazingly pretty, so I don't give a **** It's even possible to play this **** in 3D, and it's actually pretty neat. It may not be the quintessential RPG like Diablo 2 was back when it hit the markets, but it's still ****loads better than most other games you find on the market. So wipe your tears and get back and defeat nightmare difficulty before you talk **** Jeez!
  14. May 17, 2012
    Having played all three Diablos i have to say that this is my favorite for sure. The character customization is there, as you can customize all your skills to your play style. The thought put into this games storyline, characters, and balance is awesome and obvious. I don't have to tell you the graphics and sound are amazing. I look forward to the harder modes and the upgraded bossHaving played all three Diablos i have to say that this is my favorite for sure. The character customization is there, as you can customize all your skills to your play style. The thought put into this games storyline, characters, and balance is awesome and obvious. I don't have to tell you the graphics and sound are amazing. I look forward to the harder modes and the upgraded boss mechanics. Only downside that i agree with the haters on is having to log into a server. No internet makes the game unplayable. That is unfortunate. Much Love For Diablo 3!! Noobs need to Learn their history before judgeing this game. Its really that damned good. Expand
  15. May 17, 2012
    First of all, I am amazed at how many people are giving this game a 0 because they can't connect.
    How the hell can you expect to be taken seriously by the companies that make these games if you act like a moron who rates the game so low even if you didn't even play 5 minutes of it?
    Or how the hell can you state that this game can be finished in 3 hours? I have currently about 6 hours of game-time and I just finished Act 1 - just goes to show how ignorant people really are.

On with the review:
    If Diablo II for its time was groundbreaking, Diablo III for its time is a breath of fresh air in the pool of mediocre ARPGs.

First of all, the gameplay is quite nice, and it brings enough new things to the table for me to like it.
    Of course Diablo II had a nice gameplay, but seriously - would you rather play puzzle in your inventory? Would you rather spend valuable inventory slots for scrolls of identify and town portal? Those things bothered me a lot in D2.
    Also, the attribute point system is pretty good - let's face it, in D2 99% of us just placed the points EXACTLY the same. How is that any different from having the game place them for you? Nitpicking on something like this really means you are stupid.
    The story is kind of easy to predict, and it just serves as a backbone to the game itself.
    The music is also very nice, I really like the "And the heavens shall tremble" piece and many others.
    Overall?
    I honestly think that the game is worthwhile, even if you are a casual or hardcore Diablo player. It has many interesting mechanics and has certainly evolved compared to Diablo 2.

As a side note, I experienced connection problems on D-Day - but IMO when you don't even play the game then come and rate the game low, it means you are stupid. No, you're not interesting, no you will not get the game for free. Plain stupid.

16. May 17, 2012
    They've done it again. Regardless of the game being streamlined, it has been streamlined to perfection.All conventional game elements are still there, albeit in a bit more different form. The streamlined mechanics not only provide a great foundation for itemization, but they also offer more variety in character building than pre-LoD Diablo 2 for example.
  17. May 17, 2012
    Did everyone really forget what diablo was all about ?

I read some of the reviews and sadly I see that people were expecting skyrim with the story of diablo ! that is just not diablo !!! Diablo 3 is simply a better looking version of diablo 2 with different character classes an loots. Ok some of the systems are very different but they are not bad ! (ps. the fact that you can change the
    Did everyone really forget what diablo was all about ?

Diablo 3 is simply a better looking version of diablo 2 with different character classes an loots. Ok some of the systems are very different but they are not bad ! (ps. the fact that you can change the skills of the your character does not mean less customisation ! eg some skills are not for me and I will never use them wile a lot of people will think the other way around.),
    Music of the game is awsome,
    The graphics are not cutting edge but the game looks beatiful.
    cutting through packs of enemys is still soooo much satisfying.
    there is 10s of skils for every class with runes for an extra twist, that takes repetition out of the question for me !
    Items look good and detailed with a lot of variety,
    Thats all I wanted from this game and I got them all !
  18. May 17, 2012
    D3 is pretty great. There is more to do and more to think about during each fight than D2. It is exactly what I wanted. I was jarred at first by the lack of a skill tree, but you actually gain more powers than you can use at once so your personal play style is flexible in the extreme and I always thought that the overspecialization encouraged by D2 was a bit boring.

Diablo 3 is flat

Diablo 3 is flat awesome. The fact that Azula is the voice of my Wizard makes it even better.
  19. May 17, 2012
    Latency issues and login errors almost stopped after 30 minutes of the release, and all servers are stable right now, stop trolling guys, no one in the right mind checks MC user reviews due to guys like you, the game definitely doesn't deserve 0 just because you couldn't log in for 15 minutes
  20. May 17, 2012
    Best PC Exclusive for many years, I've seen. Old Diablo has returned! The only thing not very pleased with launch day server did not survive ((but that is no reason to put the game 0! The game is not being to blame for the technical side. Deserved 10.
  21. May 17, 2012
    This game is great. Everything about it is a complete improvement over Diablo 2. This game is far more balanced than Diablo 2 ever was. Plus, the difficulty is fun as HELL. Normal mode is a walk in the park, but once you get to Nightmare, Hell, and Inferno, the game really starts to kick your ass. The story is nothing radical or great, but it is a clear continuation of the Diablo 1 and 2This game is great. Everything about it is a complete improvement over Diablo 2. This game is far more balanced than Diablo 2 ever was. Plus, the difficulty is fun as HELL. Normal mode is a walk in the park, but once you get to Nightmare, Hell, and Inferno, the game really starts to kick your ass. The story is nothing radical or great, but it is a clear continuation of the Diablo 1 and 2 story, and that's all I'll say about the story.
    The graphical style, cinematics, and armor and weapon designs are all far better than Diablo 2's (in my opinion), and the only complain I have is that servers can be laggy even when you're playing alone. Hopefully Blizzard will fix this in time.
  22. May 17, 2012
    This game is a breath of fresh air from Blizzard's other titles. It has been a long time since we all have had the chance to take a crack at a new Diablo. The time is finally here, and the game is phenomenal. Ignore all of the bad reviews that were posted around the time of the release date. Blizzard was having issues with keeping the battle.net servers up because there was an overwhelmingThis game is a breath of fresh air from Blizzard's other titles. It has been a long time since we all have had the chance to take a crack at a new Diablo. The time is finally here, and the game is phenomenal. Ignore all of the bad reviews that were posted around the time of the release date. Blizzard was having issues with keeping the battle.net servers up because there was an overwhelming number of people who were trying to log on and play. The issues are fixed now, with a couple of short rolling restarts here and there. Focusing back on the game, the gameplay and graphics are just perfect. The story flows great and the action and cinematics that come with it bring tons of hours of fun. Not to mention this game has great replay value, 5 classes to choose from and randomly generated dungeons! A must buy for anyone who has been a fan of Diablo or any other Blizzard titles. Also if you are new to Diablo and do enjoy Action RPG's then this is something you should definitely invest your money into. PvP is coming soon and 4-player co-op is fully functional. AMAZING GAME 10/10. Expand
  23. May 17, 2012
    I've seen so many 'reviews' on here that are giving the game 0 out of 10 because they can't log in... I even saw one that said "If I can't play the game I can't review it" whilst giving it a score of 0! Now that is ridiculous.

The unfair damnation of Diablo 3 is coming from the undesirable online-only system and server errors which have marred its launch, but the ACTUAL GAME is very good. Very good indeed. Don't get me wrong, I'm against the DRM thing and the server issues are pretty inexcusable, but they don't justify giving the game 0 out of 10, that's just silly.

It's a Diablo game, it looks, sounds and feels like Diablo and it has a great level of polish. Is it a step backward from Diablo 2? Yes. Is the story kind of linear and bland? I guess so. Does it deserve all the pointless hatred it's receiving? Absolutely not! Don't let all this anger and bile put you off buying Diablo 3, I'm extremely glad I bought it and it's the most fun I've had with a game this year. Highly recommended, especially with a friend or two.
  24. May 17, 2012
    The people who have rated this a 0 without ACTUALLY playing the game should be banned from writing a review. Not only that they should sell the game immediately and not even have the opportunity to play. If you want a unbiased and fair review, this is NOT the place to look for it.
  25. May 17, 2012
    The best hack 'n' slash I've ever played. Really immersive. I don't know, why there's lots of negative comments- IT IS A GREAT GAME! About servers: I don't have problems. Once I can't log into the game, there is no problems afterwards.
    I trully recommend this game, it's perfect!
  26. May 17, 2012
    dis considering all the server problems ALL games from blizzard with no exception has on its launch, the game itself is pretty amazing and a good sequence to the best seller diablo2. I must say i didn't like the skills system so much but kinda getting used to it. As it precursors the game is very addictive and the multiplayer experience is beyond fun. I know there are lots of similar gamesdis considering all the server problems ALL games from blizzard with no exception has on its launch, the game itself is pretty amazing and a good sequence to the best seller diablo2. I must say i didn't like the skills system so much but kinda getting used to it. As it precursors the game is very addictive and the multiplayer experience is beyond fun. I know there are lots of similar games around (like tourchlight) but this is diablo! there's no better on the genre period. Expand
  27. May 17, 2012
    Please dont read reviews with red score. Its from dumb people that think Internet connection is something new. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Most of people there gived game 0-3/10 just because they -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    a)
    a) - think singleplayer game means offline game. b) - they just cant logged in game firsty day These people should be banned by Metacritic. I already contacted MC to do something about it. Its not possible to exploit review of game to use it for something else. This place is to review content, not form or any first day issues. so again.. for savages.. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    DIABLO 3 IS ONLINE GAME. Its single player game with cooperation, auction house and pvp arena. Its not offline game. single != offline. So dont rant about it. Its like if you start ranting about "why wow isnt offline mode". -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    About game itself - graphic is really good, on start, you will not like it, but when u get better equipment and get to nicer sorroundings.. it get way better. Diablo created itemization in games. I mean how we have it now, and in Diablo 3, this itemization returns, with many new features. Like crafting - yes, you can craft things.. which is cool. And you can sell them and then pay for WoW or Internet connection - which is even more cool. Yes, there are some downsides, like no setting atributions, no skills tunning up (yes there is rune system but its automatical..) BUT THAT ITS NOT PROBLEM OF DIABLO 3 - THAT IS PROBLEM OF PROGRAMMERS THAT START MAKING GAME EASY. THEN CURRENT GENERATION OF PLAYER GET WITH THAT AND THEY DONT WANT HARD GAME ANYMORE. That's all. and ps - DRM IS LIKE WHEN GAME WANT ONLINE REGISTRATION (ONLY) OR WHEN GAME WANT DVDROM ..ETC NOT WHEN ONLINE GAME NEED INTERNET. THATS NOT CALLED DRM. THATS CALLED NORMAL FEATURE THAT NEED TO BE DONE. GAME NEED INTERNET NOT FOR DRM BUT FOR BECAUSE ITS ONLINE GAME.. LIKE WOW. EVEN SINGLEPLAYER GAME IS PLAYED ONLINE, ALL CHARS ARE ON SERVERS = SO NO CHEATING. THAT IS WHY.. NO FKED DRM HERE
  28. May 17, 2012
    Listen up you little **** kids, stop **** because there are errors for an online game on launch, let alone diabo 3 which is a huge game that sells bucket loads from one of the biggest PC companies at this time. Review the game, not the errors caused by your **** ass internet.

And rage all you want, blizzard still got your money, so **** off.
  29. May 17, 2012
    At the beginning it feels a lot repetitive, but as you advance and start to unlock skills, crafting, companions, and more, the game reveals itself very addictive. It's a great game, but i hope that there Blizzard launch some patches with new features and expansions with new content because this game can still have much more to give!
  30. May 17, 2012
    AWESOME game a got no errors. Ficou muito bom tudo que foi feito no jogo. So a estoria que esta um pouco menos macabra mas ainda assim esta bem legal. Jogarei com todas as classes.
  31. May 17, 2012
    Aside from the terrible launch event followed by the servers going down on day one... the game is perfect!. The graphics although not modern are really well done, blood everywhere, monsters with great animations and dead effects, the particle system shines all over the place. The sound is impressively well done, it's hard to find games that sound good on any speakers setup... but this gameAside from the terrible launch event followed by the servers going down on day one... the game is perfect!. The graphics although not modern are really well done, blood everywhere, monsters with great animations and dead effects, the particle system shines all over the place. The sound is impressively well done, it's hard to find games that sound good on any speakers setup... but this game really rocks on that department, I had never played a game with so good sound effects. The gameplay starts a little slow, it gets better once you start to aquire better weapons and abilities and runes which improve your abilities in amazing ways. The story is also fascinating and long enough to enjoy the game every second, you shouldn't storm this game to finish it fast... the best experience is when you listen to all the characters tell their gossips to you, sometimes it's hilarious and some times you'll get shocked.

Honestly this is one of the best games ever!!!... Keep the good work Blizzard (and I hoped you learned from the mistakes done on day one)
  32. May 17, 2012
    Anyone **** about this game A. Has a **** computer. B. Is too much of a fanboy of D2 to accept that WoW created a standard for ability usage. C. Is just a crying mouth breather.

The game is a hundred times better then D2's spam left click and spam potion system. It took a page from WoWs book (and whether you like WoW or not it created a standard for online games) Hotbar was a fantasic addition. Bosses now have actual mechanics that you have to watch for. Overall you can't be disappointed. It's just a great game.
  33. May 17, 2012
    Quit **** about this game. It has a few bugs and the servers are not working. Such is MMO Launch. Be chill. The game is exciting and we finally have the sequel. Stop raging. Wait a few weeks. 10.
  34. May 17, 2012
    I can easily say is the best game I've ever played. I wasn't phased or outraged by the initial technical difficulties, I expected them as a part of the process. As a lifelong Diablo fan, another day or in some cases an hour or so of wait time here and there are laughable in comparison to the time we've had to weather thus far. The title has fulfilled my hopes and dreams for this series. II can easily say is the best game I've ever played. I wasn't phased or outraged by the initial technical difficulties, I expected them as a part of the process. As a lifelong Diablo fan, another day or in some cases an hour or so of wait time here and there are laughable in comparison to the time we've had to weather thus far. The title has fulfilled my hopes and dreams for this series. I feel very fortunate and honoured to participate in it's advent. My true disappointment lies with the outraged members community, who despite their very loud pointed opinions are the ones who have dropped the ball.

What we've been given here is a beautiful, technically admirable gift. That will provide hours of
    amazement and fun for the next decade.
  35. May 17, 2012
    Stupid noob haters, the game is amazing.. if you don't like the graphics just use the Darkd3 mod and it will become amazing. This is the funniest game after Diablo 2 and me and my friend are in love with it.
    Giving 0 to this game mean that you should go play Call of Duty or The Sims.
  36. May 17, 2012
    I can't in good faith award this any other score than zero. Ignoring the hype, ignoring the pedigree that is Blizzard, ignoring Diablo I and II, ignoring all of that, approaching this game without any of those hang-ups. I am disappointed, nay, extremely disappointed. This is marketed and priced as a AAA game and it is anything but. If you are lucky enough to get past the the log-in screen,I can't in good faith award this any other score than zero. Ignoring the hype, ignoring the pedigree that is Blizzard, ignoring Diablo I and II, ignoring all of that, approaching this game without any of those hang-ups. I am disappointed, nay, extremely disappointed. This is marketed and priced as a AAA game and it is anything but. If you are lucky enough to get past the the log-in screen, a somewhat amusing game awaits you. Highly linear and taking zero risks, Diablo III has the distinct feeling of being utterly uninspired and serves more as a money making machine rather than a labor of love. Adding a black eye to the whole affair, the always-online DRM increasingly adds to the frustration of the Diablo III experience. Had I known nothing about the developers of this title, I would have assumed that it was a browser game as that is it's true competitor. This is certainly no AAA title. Expand
  37. May 17, 2012
    This game is tons of straight-forward fun - it's actually difficult to pull myself away from it to write this comment. Countless monsters, unfathomable amounts of loot, and a fresh skill system, places Diablo III, like its predecessors, at the summit of hack&slash RPG's. The only reason to be sour about it is if your not part of the action - and believe me, I can imagine how frustrating itThis game is tons of straight-forward fun - it's actually difficult to pull myself away from it to write this comment. Countless monsters, unfathomable amounts of loot, and a fresh skill system, places Diablo III, like its predecessors, at the summit of hack&slash RPG's. The only reason to be sour about it is if your not part of the action - and believe me, I can imagine how frustrating it must be to be experiencing connection problems. Hang in there though, it's well worth it :D Expand
  38. May 17, 2012
    Diablo 3 has fallen victim of his own success with the server not being able to handle the enormous amount of players trying to play on release day. The game in itself is the best Hack n' slash dungeon crawler ever made bar none, it's a huge improvement over D2. While the graphics are not super top notch, the particle effects and amount of monsters on screen makes up for it. TheDiablo 3 has fallen victim of his own success with the server not being able to handle the enormous amount of players trying to play on release day. The game in itself is the best Hack n' slash dungeon crawler ever made bar none, it's a huge improvement over D2. While the graphics are not super top notch, the particle effects and amount of monsters on screen makes up for it. The replayability for this game is astonishing, with 5 classes to play up to level 60 and 4 difficulty to unlock for each of them. And you also have the hardcore mode for even more longevity and challenges. All the maps, encounters, items, etc... are generated randomly every time you start the game no matter where you are makes this game really fun because you never know what to expect from it. I despise all the reviews in here because they are mostly form idiot who thought they were playing a new MMO and have no clue what D1 or D2 games are. Expand
  39. May 17, 2012
    Personally i would give this game an 8 out of ten but im giving it a 10 just to balance out all of the whiney 0 scores. this game is excellently polished and the gameplay is brilliant. There were server errors and such during the release but that is expected of a game this size with online capabilities. The auction house is a bit odd, may cause unbalance in the game depending how itsPersonally i would give this game an 8 out of ten but im giving it a 10 just to balance out all of the whiney 0 scores. this game is excellently polished and the gameplay is brilliant. There were server errors and such during the release but that is expected of a game this size with online capabilities. The auction house is a bit odd, may cause unbalance in the game depending how its handled, and there are definitely alot of changes compared to d1 and d2 but overall this game is a solid continuation of the franchise. Expand
  40. May 17, 2012
    This is a great game, but it also changes the feel of the Diablo series and I'm not writing about the graphics here, but the way the story is presented (well, I liked it more in Diablo II). As for the game mechanics everything's fine, the battles are more dynamic, more flashy, but it feels like old Diablo (despite the healing orbs and cooldown times for health potions the gameplay seemsThis is a great game, but it also changes the feel of the Diablo series and I'm not writing about the graphics here, but the way the story is presented (well, I liked it more in Diablo II). As for the game mechanics everything's fine, the battles are more dynamic, more flashy, but it feels like old Diablo (despite the healing orbs and cooldown times for health potions the gameplay seems kind of balanced the same way Diablo II was). The normal difficulty could be beaten by a child, I'm looking forward to see it on higher difficulties.
    It's obvious that Blizzard also plays other aRPGs than Diablo, we can see the goblin with treasures (like in Dungeon Siege, correct me if I'm wrong) and some solutions from other games. I liked the way they showed tribute for some other games (e.g. Legacy of Kain - the quest name "Legacy of Cain" and monster called "Raziel). Overall, the gameplay is very good, but sometimes you cannot see what is happening on the screen, it's so fast. 8/10 seems a fair score, hope they'll do an expansion pack and it will go even higher.
  41. May 17, 2012
    Amazing game, great sequel of Diablo and Diablo 2, honor the series in so many ways, and the story is fantastic.
    For all you folks that are planning to buy, don't take serious the idiots that are voting negative only because they can't play the game or because they are just idiots, this game is really worth playing.
  42. May 17, 2012
    fter giving the game some time and ignoring the problems with the servers on launch day i got to say that this game is amazing.People are giving this game a 0/10 here because they couldnt connect on launch days...they give it a bad rating because it uses a different stats/skillsystem then diablo 2 but havent yet seen how much more options this system gives later on.In fact u are STILLfter giving the game some time and ignoring the problems with the servers on launch day i got to say that this game is amazing.People are giving this game a 0/10 here because they couldnt connect on launch days...they give it a bad rating because it uses a different stats/skillsystem then diablo 2 but havent yet seen how much more options this system gives later on.In fact u are STILL managing your stat points later.You dont do it @ lvl up anymore but with GEMS and ITEMS.They are the MAIN SOURCE of stats point later in the game and you can place them as free as you want.If you want an barb full of int for some fancy fun build you can do it.The stat points given from items/gems is ALOT higher the the one from lvl ups.(iam a lvl 42 with around 700 dex.My char gains 3 dex per level.You can do the math yourself of how important the few stat points from lvling up are compared to gems and items.) And the best thing u can ADJUST them when u feel that u need to change your playstyle/build.And i dont even want to start about skills an skill runes...millions of possibilities there. After really understanding the mechanics of this game you will see that it in fact offers u ALOT more possibilities to play your char your own way then diablo 2 ever could.So before u keep judging the game you should really understand it first. Expand
  43. May 17, 2012
    First of all, I would like to say that I did not come here to protest (I understand that the many 0 point reviews here are not actually reviews, but rather protests against certain bad design decisions and poor launch circumstances of the game), so I will not factor in the poor game launch conditions in my review (server outages, 37, 75, etc.). It seemed like a rather amateur mistake,First of all, I would like to say that I did not come here to protest (I understand that the many 0 point reviews here are not actually reviews, but rather protests against certain bad design decisions and poor launch circumstances of the game), so I will not factor in the poor game launch conditions in my review (server outages, 37, 75, etc.). It seemed like a rather amateur mistake, unfit of Blizzard, but it's mostly corrected by now (at least I can get into the game pretty much whenever I want, and I don't randomly lose achievements or characters any more). There will also be a kind of duality in my review, because I can't really do justice to the game itself AND the underlying service with a single decimal value.
    With that out of the way, let's get to the core game itself. In a nutshell, I think it's fantastic, and it totally brings to the table what's expected of a Diablo game. I understand why many say that the character building part was dumbed down and made more casual, but I disagree. I agree, that in the first few hours the character progression is very linear and even boring, but after you have unlocked all the skills and a good number of runes, things become much more interesting. There is a lot of possibility for experimentation and customisation in the later parts of the game (nightmare and up), and I think the current slot system can yield much more diverse results than the previous skill tree system. I just like it better, and it's simply not true that there is no depth to it. Furthermore, I felt that Diablo II's stat point system was a sort of a 'there is only one way to do it right' system, and I don't really miss it.
    Graphically the game is OK. It's nowhere near cutting edge, but its not ugly either. The environments are very well designed and diverse, although the whole backdrop seems a bit washed out, bleak compared to the characters and effects on top of them. The sound design and visual effects are brilliant, and the art style is flawless too, although it could have been a bit darker/more grisly in general. Its true that the level design (layout) is missing it's predecessor's procedurally generated randomness, but I think it was worth to trade it in for the more capturing, detailed environments. The random elements are still there in the form of dungeons, events and challenges, and the gameplay is very dynamic and impactful. As far as difficulty goes, I haven't played on nightmare yet, and normal difficulty is in fact a bit too easy, but the way I see it, the more technical/tactical side of the gameplay begins on the higher difficulty levels, and normal mode is more oriented towards experiencing the story and getting used to the gameplay mechanics of your character. But this also means that with each playthrough the normal difficulty is more and more obsolete, eventually becoming a boring chore (as you roll new classes, the only things that keeps you playing through normal are the unique features of your new class, and reaching higher difficulty levels).
    So in a nutshell, the game itself is definitely the king of it's genre in my eyes, and apart from a few flaws and pitfalls, it's nearly flawless. In light of this, the core game gets a solid 8/10 from me.
    But not so the underlying service. The constant online requirement is a draconian DRM, that really only hurts the paying customers, causing only frustration for those who have particularly unstable internet connections and just want to play in single player mode. The real money auction house is a travesty, and I will simply avoid it at all costs. Although I like the AH (the in game currency one), this whole online only scheme seems to be a shameless money grab from Blizzard, and I would have very much preferred a totally separate online and offline experience, with my single player characters on my hard drive, and my single player experience having nothing to do with my ISP, or availability of Blizzard servers. So the underlying Battle.net service for Diablo III gets a shameful 2/10 from me.
  44. May 17, 2012
    People are angry at the bad release day, but it does not mean this game is a 0. Blizzard was not prepared enough on release date, but like most online only games they stabilize pretty quickly. I played Diablo 2 and maxed out a Hammerdin and Blizzard Sorc. Normal difficulty has been made for casual players, but Hell, Nightmare, and Inferno mode ramps up the difficulty considerably. YouPeople are angry at the bad release day, but it does not mean this game is a 0. Blizzard was not prepared enough on release date, but like most online only games they stabilize pretty quickly. I played Diablo 2 and maxed out a Hammerdin and Blizzard Sorc. Normal difficulty has been made for casual players, but Hell, Nightmare, and Inferno mode ramps up the difficulty considerably. You can't even play Inferno mode until you reach the max level. PVP is not implemented yet, and I am hoping with future updates they will provide more content. Graphics are fine, and animations are cool. I do not think Diablo 2 graphics have aged well (I tried playing it again before D3 came out). Diablo 3 took away skill trees and attribute points. I am disappointed about the removal of attribute points, but maybe with the release of PVP they will add more customization. As for skill points..."skill runes will increase the number of skill variations to 6 including the base skill. And as each character class has at least 20 skills, the overall total of skill variations per class is 6^20." So removal of skill points is not that bad in my opinion. If you can look past the horrible release day...overall the game is fun and the game will get deeper in time with patches/updates and people figuring the game out. Expand
  45. May 17, 2012
    Most of these people giving bad reviews do not know how to read a box or website. If you are saying you wasted your money because you need to be constantly connected to the internet, well that is your loss for not reading/researching. Not only does it mention this on the outside of the box/on the website, do you know those 3 boxes you scrolled through as fast as possible when you startedMost of these people giving bad reviews do not know how to read a box or website. If you are saying you wasted your money because you need to be constantly connected to the internet, well that is your loss for not reading/researching. Not only does it mention this on the outside of the box/on the website, do you know those 3 boxes you scrolled through as fast as possible when you started up the game? Maybe you should actually READ them. Anyways...This game is so much fun! It seems very well made/polished and the graphics are just fine. I have finished it on normal as a demon hunter and am now doing normal over again as a monk. I enjoy the chat room option while I am playing. Makes it less lonely when my friends are not online. The multiplayer option is pretty fun as well. I have met some great people while partying on nightmare difficulty. I look forward to the auction house opening (May 22*). I don't expect to make hundreds of dollars but it would be kind of cool to pay for my game subscriptions through it. Expand
  46. May 17, 2012
    Diablo 3 it's self is a fantastic game. It brings back many of the old, most love, elements of the previous game while trying to not just copy and paste the previous game. The game does not deserve the low ratings based on Blizzards failing to properly prepare the American servers at launch, the company deserves them. Yes the DRM is an "always online" model, but most players will beDiablo 3 it's self is a fantastic game. It brings back many of the old, most love, elements of the previous game while trying to not just copy and paste the previous game. The game does not deserve the low ratings based on Blizzards failing to properly prepare the American servers at launch, the company deserves them. Yes the DRM is an "always online" model, but most players will be playing online similar to Diablo 2 and the realms. It is a huge mistake not to include an offline mode and that, in my humble opinion, is the sole bad mark against this game and the reason for a 9/10 and not a 10/10.

I could very easily complain about other aspects of the game not living up to my hopes for it, but we all have to realize it never was going to. So taking the game as it is, for better or worse, it is highly enjoyable with an amazing story line, crisp clean hack and slash game play at a break neck pace. You can't please everyone and sadly 90% of the bad reviews are 100% unjustified. The game is not the issue, Blizzard and the idiots who didn't properly prepare are the ones who deserve the bad rating. DRM or not, have a little patience and you will get more then your money's wroth out of the game.
  47. May 17, 2012
    I really enjoy playing Diablo 3 and i am rather casual player. I already played around 7 hours with my friends and it was a lot of fun. I was heaving doubts about skill system but it prove to work really good - its fun to change skills and tries diffrent approach to kill mobs / bosses. Graphics is music are OK. Story is simple but i didn't expected anything more than that - it'sI really enjoy playing Diablo 3 and i am rather casual player. I already played around 7 hours with my friends and it was a lot of fun. I was heaving doubts about skill system but it prove to work really good - its fun to change skills and tries diffrent approach to kill mobs / bosses. Graphics is music are OK. Story is simple but i didn't expected anything more than that - it's hack'n'slash game type. Summary: game is fun, and have a good diablo-climate. Now, i dont understood all that negative reviews. D2 didn't have any big story, D1 also so why you expect that from part 3? Its hack'n'slash game where you are focusing on killing monsters. DRM - well get used to it, buy games don't pirate - you are responsible for that situation. Also, servers are now stable and DRM dosen't have anything common with the content of the game itself. Real money auction house - all you are so negative about that even that service didn't started, and there is no way to say anything more. Without that people how have to much money to spend would be buying items on ebay or other so what the diffrence?
    So all hateres, just shut up and play because it's worthy.
  48. May 17, 2012
    This is SOOO BAD.... just delete....Absurd how badly blizzard screwed this up. There isn't even an offline mode. What kind of Diablo doesn't have offline gameplay? Other than this the game itself is very fun and plays smoothly, even on my macbook air.
  49. May 17, 2012
    Honestly this game is really good i don't get people who say they don't like it if they don't like Hack n Slash then don't buy the game seriously people should have at least tried the beta before buying the game if they didn't know what was a hack n slash... I do really enjoy the game the fact that you can easily change items and powers without stopping playing is really nice, i do agreeHonestly this game is really good i don't get people who say they don't like it if they don't like Hack n Slash then don't buy the game seriously people should have at least tried the beta before buying the game if they didn't know what was a hack n slash... I do really enjoy the game the fact that you can easily change items and powers without stopping playing is really nice, i do agree that it's sad not to have maximum customization on your character but its just a tinny fact the game stays really good... I haven't had the problem of Error 37 so for my part i would put 9 out of 10 because of the fact that you can't launch the game even the solo mode if you're not connected to the Internet is totally stupid...
    Im going to put 10 because a lot of people are putting very low grades for absolutely no reason and are frustrated of having being touched by the error 37 or not liking hack n slash...
  50. May 17, 2012
    Diablo 3 is a great game indeed. Don't listen to any, so-called, critics, they are frustrated because of connection is needed and other not important things. The playability is excellent, as well as atmosphere and graphics. Blizzard can't make a bad game and Diablo 3 is a proof of this - Diablo 3 is the perfection itself. See you in Hell!
  51. May 17, 2012
    People should learn from me:
    Don't get hyped up by the company trying to sell their games, and don't forget to actually read a preview or 2. All these people here complaining about less customization etc: Diablo II is still playable, goodbye.
    People should learn from me:

I didn't let myself get hyped up after having played Diablo II a lot, because I knew it was going to be a different game, more catered towards the casual player in terms of UIcustomization whilst still catering towards the hardcore players in terms of higher difficulties. What I've found is this: I've never had this much fun hacking 'n slashing! The vibe is good, although different from its prequels. The graphics are nice and especially fluid and I can't put enough emphasis on how important it is to actually have fun slashing things in a ARPGHAck 'n Slash. Physics improve the feeling you're actually hitting stuff and the combat animations are great. Even though the game is very linear (Diablo 2 was too guys, you're overhyping an old game to divine levels) at least there's still a lot of randomization and hard difficulties to play through. If the ''hardcore fans'' didn't hype this game up so much, or this game was called ''Kill da Monstas'' they would've LOVED it. Everyone saying ''I can't use weapons only spells wtfbbq?'' didn't even take the time to properly check out the UI, because you can make a battle mage if you so desire. The complaints about DRM: I feel ya, kind of. Diablo (all of them) are much more fun when played co-op. Fact that you don't have any social abilities doesn't give you the right to call this a single-player game. It says it requires internet on the box! All these facts where already known, yet the whiners STILL buy it? That's just hating right there. Go play torchlight 2, you won't be missed.

Conclusion: If you like lots of actions, co-op gameplay, are a loot whore and love to bash brains in in many different ways (with a nice story to boot) get this game! If you want Diablo II with a 3D makeover, stay clear of this game.
  52. May 17, 2012
    I love how everyone is hating on the skill system. The skill system has so much more depth than diablo 2's skill system that it's scary. In diablo 2 you basically power leveld your character till you got the spell that your character was made for. Like a blizzard sorc, a meteor sorc, a hammer paladin or a frenzy barb. When you get that spell all you do is spam it. That's all you do for theI love how everyone is hating on the skill system. The skill system has so much more depth than diablo 2's skill system that it's scary. In diablo 2 you basically power leveld your character till you got the spell that your character was made for. Like a blizzard sorc, a meteor sorc, a hammer paladin or a frenzy barb. When you get that spell all you do is spam it. That's all you do for the rest of the **** game till you make a new character because you become bored as **** Trust me, i know. I was also pretty disappointed by the fact that you can't distribute attributes. But really... It's not the reason to give the game 0 / 10. You have to take all things in consideration when reviewing the game. All the people complaining about the auction hause. The **** internet was a huge auction house for diablo 2. All the people who had the best items bought them online and that's a **** fact that you wont take in consideration. I played this game with three of my friends and we couldn't stop. It was that awesome to see all the epic skills and combinations you could make. World PvP just make hardcore people rage. Seriously, i can't even count how many times i got killed by some **** idiot when i was baal running in hardcore. I have lost so many high leveld character to all the ****s who buy the best items and just kill people. To the ones who miss the stuff i mentioned from diablo 2. You are riding on nostalgia. You are not even thinking about how ****ed up that was. Expand
  53. May 17, 2012
    Firstly - I love the game, it's modern, has an epic story line, looks awesome and is just brilliant. I don't like that you have to be connected all the time but I understand the reasoning.
    Secondly - to all the people complaining that it is not Diablo 2 (or 1) get over yourselves, times change. Otherwise go back to playing FPS with only a keyboard, trade in your iPhone for a Nokia 3310 and delete your twitter/facebook accounts.
  54. May 17, 2012
    diablo 3 is a very intersting game , the gameplay is just amazing and i enjoyed play it a lot . I think it is one of my favourite game so far .
  55. May 17, 2012
    Haters gonna hate... Haters did hate... Haters hated because it's trendy to hate. The game is boss. It's incredibly fun, fluid, and rewarding. I personally love the art direction; the game is gorgeous. Initially I was wary about the simplification of skills, but the more I play the more I realize the direction they took allows you to experiment with as many variations as you please. True,Haters gonna hate... Haters did hate... Haters hated because it's trendy to hate. The game is boss. It's incredibly fun, fluid, and rewarding. I personally love the art direction; the game is gorgeous. Initially I was wary about the simplification of skills, but the more I play the more I realize the direction they took allows you to experiment with as many variations as you please. True, you can't entirely **** UP your character while learning (which honestly was one of the appeals of Diablo 2) but they are only saving you trial and error time. Haters will hate on this review because it's trendy. Haters did hate on this review. Haters gonna hate on this review. Expand
  56. May 17, 2012
    Great expectations met! Great game, great gameplay, great cinematics...
    I've been playing beta all along and now I'm so glad to roam Sanctuary again.
    See you in Hell!
  57. May 17, 2012
    it's time to stop hype bashing... huge game! dynamic gameplay, mysterious ambiance... it's a worthy successor to diablo 2
  58. May 17, 2012
    Diablo 3 was made for Pottermore fans. (Useless characters to fill up. Useless characters to fill up. Useless characters to fill up. Useless characters to fill up. Useless characters to fill up. Useless characters to fill up)
  59. May 17, 2012
    Ok, this is another game downrated by 0/10 f*ggots. I'll tell you what. There's maybe 5-10% games in the world that deserve 0/10 at all and you can see them in action watchin AVGN and other stuff like that. I'm not a casual player, I've spent hundreds and hundreds of hours playing previous Diablos. And guess what? I like the new one. To all you haters, hear me now. You cry because thereOk, this is another game downrated by 0/10 f*ggots. I'll tell you what. There's maybe 5-10% games in the world that deserve 0/10 at all and you can see them in action watchin AVGN and other stuff like that. I'm not a casual player, I've spent hundreds and hundreds of hours playing previous Diablos. And guess what? I like the new one. To all you haters, hear me now. You cry because there are no town portal scrolls and identification scrolls. Well, now you just don't have to buy them every now and again, what you were doing in the previous installments. Cash didn't matter in D2, so you had unlimited scrolls nonetheless. **** graphics? Damn guys, Blizz has never been doing good graphics and those from D2 sucked as well, didn't care. **** artisans? Lol, you really wanna go mining and picking up flowers in Diablo or what? I don't understand all you whiners, it's simple enough for a hack'n'slash to have a system like that. All you gotta do in D3 is clicking from the beginning to the end? Well, I suppose this series was all about that. Auction house is a bad idea? Well, no more O xxx N xxx on the chat, you can buy and sell items instantly. I just don't know if the idea of 15% payment for every transaction is good. If I think that my item is worth 2000, and the guy buys it for 2000, because he thinks as well, why would the system steal my 15% from that? RMAH is the same thing. It's good, mainly because there will be less and less website sellers and those on auction sites. I just don't like the idea that Blizzard is taking 1 euro for every transaction + 15% cut when paying with PayPal. The only drawback that I agree with you is the lack of skill trees and attribute points, but on the other hand... Well, I was playing Bone Necro and I loaded most of the points in energy, so now the game loads them in intelligence when I'm playing my wizard. With necro I was loading points and using only 3 skills. Now there's no points and I'm using more skills. Well, I'll get used to it. Anyways, I really enjoy the game - it's a real hack'n'slash and it lives up to my expectations. Expand
  60. May 17, 2012
    This is just sad; not the game. But these Laymen critics giving D3 0,1,2,3 scores. But you read through them, and i have, not one of them actually rate the game, but rating Blizzard as a company and their shortcomings on the releasedate. "i can't play my game on the releasedate as promised by Blizzard...boohoo..."
    Try rating the game instead, you tool!"
    With that being said; i really like
    Try rating the game instead, you tool!"

With that being said; i really like this game (THE GAME! Not Blizzard). Ok, the story may lack a little something, but that i can look passed! I like the fact, that i don't need to make more than one character of the same class to try out all the skills. I like the newest feature, the auction house, which is playerbased and not a third party based. And the fact that each class has both a male and female hero/heroine.
    The skilltree is gone - lovely! No more restrictions on that part.
    The sound and graphics are beautiful!
  61. May 17, 2012
    That's a great game, and all you haters aren't gonna change it. Flaws with connection to servers at start are fact, but now they are gone, and all it's left is old, good Diablo.
  62. May 17, 2012
    This game is a HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT. It doesn't even compare to D2. I'd write more but I have to go puke after spending $60 and waiting how many years for this piece of crap....seriously. Not worth the $10 I originally spent on the first Diablo 12-14 years ago. Eight hours was more than enough. Sorry, I hate to write bad reviews. Can I get a refund?
  63. May 17, 2012
    Greeting. I can not say I'm a Diablo fan, but the third little disappoint me in terms of character customization that game. I mean I can not choose how I allocate my skill points on. Otherwise I love it. We started yesterday at 14 to play it and had no problems with connection. I had about about 6 hours of play.
  64. May 17, 2012
    O jogo pode não ser perfeito, mas esta longe de ser ruim. Ã
  65. May 17, 2012
    People rating the game bad just because of server issues are mindless. The gameplay is great, fun, and addicting. Despite the launch issues, which have been fixed, the game it's self is a worthy sequel.
  66. May 17, 2012
    Diablo as I always wanted it. Action action action... and again action! If I wanted so hard customization I'd have played Fallout instead. I was really frustrated when in D2 I had to stay hours not playing in order to be efficient and keep on the edge with my friends... When my friend (Digital delivery) told me "Crap! It's the same feeling of D2" I drooled. It's different for many crucialDiablo as I always wanted it. Action action action... and again action! If I wanted so hard customization I'd have played Fallout instead. I was really frustrated when in D2 I had to stay hours not playing in order to be efficient and keep on the edge with my friends... When my friend (Digital delivery) told me "Crap! It's the same feeling of D2" I drooled. It's different for many crucial points but I find it's quite enjoyable still deep for a Hack&slash (no RPG) game as it is. Surprisingly it has also a great story! Expand
  67. May 17, 2012
    The game itself is really good (only played up until act 2) but I am very much satisfied with the game itself - just a quick shout out to those people giving a solid "0" to D3, just think of what Blizzard was expecting, in the Beta there were never any more than 10k players online at a given time, and now that the game was released there are a lot more people playing (I would put theThe game itself is really good (only played up until act 2) but I am very much satisfied with the game itself - just a quick shout out to those people giving a solid "0" to D3, just think of what Blizzard was expecting, in the Beta there were never any more than 10k players online at a given time, and now that the game was released there are a lot more people playing (I would put the number at ~3 million). So give blizzard a chance to sort things out. As for the short story - if you recall Diablo 2 also only started with 4 Acts and then the Lord of Destruction Expansion Pack added Act 5.

So I guess I am just asking for consideration for Blizzard, yes they made it harder on themselves making us wait this long for D3, but give them some props, the whole project could have been scrapped. So be thankful. In my oppinion, a well rounded off addition to the Diablo series.

68. May 16, 2012
    Blizzard make impossible thing. Diablo 2 was one of the best games but Diablo 3 surely much better. Free builds, in-game lore explanation, story. This game will take all my free time in the near future. Going to take vacation at work to play more
  69. May 16, 2012
    Ignore the haters, this game is amazing. Forget those that complain about the graphics, for it's been beautiful drawn and painted if you only stopped for a second to look around. It's like being in a wonderful cartoon. The music is stunning. Sure there were some server and install issues which maybe shouldn't have happened, but they are mostly ironed out now. This is an ONLINE game, withIgnore the haters, this game is amazing. Forget those that complain about the graphics, for it's been beautiful drawn and painted if you only stopped for a second to look around. It's like being in a wonderful cartoon. The music is stunning. Sure there were some server and install issues which maybe shouldn't have happened, but they are mostly ironed out now. This is an ONLINE game, with an ONLINE community and Auction house system, it was never intended to be played offline and Blizzard told you that years ago. If you bought it for single player offline you should have done your research before hand, too bad. The 10-13 million of us that play WoW won't have a problem with that. No character customization -- what do you want to see? When you are armoured up you can see faces, not to mention the fact you can't see faces because the characters are small -- which is exactly why Blizzard removed the customization. As for skill point distribution, Blizzard are getting away from that in WoW, why should that step backwards with their newest game and give you talent trees to fill out when you are just going to go to a website for the "best" build. It's up to you to figure out the best build. At the end of the day everyone looks at the critics scores, not the hater scores. Expand
  70. May 16, 2012
    Though the servers have been down for a few hours a day, I've had an immense amount of fun. I am thoroughly impressed by Diablo 3. People who give this a 0 because surprise, surprise, millions of people trying to play one game at one time will not always work. It's really a shame people aren't critiquing the game. Will continue to play for a very long time.
  71. May 16, 2012
    I don't know why people review the server., I just want to point out that the SERVERS are just part of the INFRASTRUCTURE!. It's not the game!.. anyways, The first time I logged in to play, I DID GET ERRORS BUT FOR PATIENCE OF WAITING i got in. I mean come on guys!, you need to expect that launch day means that A LOT of people WILL log in to the servers. Aren't you guys happy that it'sI don't know why people review the server., I just want to point out that the SERVERS are just part of the INFRASTRUCTURE!. It's not the game!.. anyways, The first time I logged in to play, I DID GET ERRORS BUT FOR PATIENCE OF WAITING i got in. I mean come on guys!, you need to expect that launch day means that A LOT of people WILL log in to the servers. Aren't you guys happy that it's out?. It's a good RPG game. I like the graphics but if you compare it to such games like Battlefield 3, it's a whole different story because RPG is different from FPS. Expand
  72. May 16, 2012
    The game is good, but feels way too carebear. Instead of having like 50 people having 50 different types of characters in the same class, you have 50 people having more like 3 types of characters in the same class. Most of the blame lies with how much this game generation tries to hold the player's hand while they play the game. This one is no different in that regard. Apart from thatThe game is good, but feels way too carebear. Instead of having like 50 people having 50 different types of characters in the same class, you have 50 people having more like 3 types of characters in the same class. Most of the blame lies with how much this game generation tries to hold the player's hand while they play the game. This one is no different in that regard. Apart from that though, it is still a fun game. Servers were messy the first couple days, but that is to be expected in such an anticipated game like this. People are way too quick in whining about the servers being down as you can't predict how stable servers are going to be no matter how much you prepare for it which is what people fail to realize. They probably could have kept the open beta going longer and got more data for it to use for release day, but I'm sure after a week of it being released, everything will settle down and will be fine from there on out.

I don't like how the game is only 4 acts long. For a game that has been in development for this long, you would think they would try to squeeze as much as they could into this game and throw in at least 5 total acts. Hopefully an expansion won't be too far off and we won't have to wait too long for it.
  73. May 16, 2012
    Diablo 3 is a solid game, No doubt about it, I really enjoyed playing Diablo 3 post release, even though there are some controversy within Blizzard's post release of Diablo 3, but when you start playing it error free, you will find yourself playing a game that will make you dunk dozens of hours into. The feel that it will give it to you while raiding every single dungeon is priceless, theDiablo 3 is a solid game, No doubt about it, I really enjoyed playing Diablo 3 post release, even though there are some controversy within Blizzard's post release of Diablo 3, but when you start playing it error free, you will find yourself playing a game that will make you dunk dozens of hours into. The feel that it will give it to you while raiding every single dungeon is priceless, the new revamped system is somewhat weird to me at first. But since it has Diablo on the title, I willingly forgiven it and pressed on to play it more. I love the game, and playing as a monk started my journey to save the world once more. Blizzard has nailed it again. Congratulations! Expand
  74. May 16, 2012
    Bunch of whiners. Oh no! The servers are down!!! Why can't I play a game I bought, its my money GARBLEGARGBLEGARBLE. Seriously, 99% of you are retarded. The gaming market has been heading towards consistent on-line play for the past decade, companies like Blizzard enable on-line play mechanics to better the game. Diablo 2 was an absolute borefest in single player, the true heart and soulBunch of whiners. Oh no! The servers are down!!! Why can't I play a game I bought, its my money GARBLEGARGBLEGARBLE. Seriously, 99% of you are retarded. The gaming market has been heading towards consistent on-line play for the past decade, companies like Blizzard enable on-line play mechanics to better the game. Diablo 2 was an absolute borefest in single player, the true heart and soul of D2 lied in its multiplayer, any decent d2 player would know that. All of you look in the mirror and then compare yourself to a piece of turd. Have any of you actually played an MMO on release date? Can you possibly comprehend the amount of effort required in server stability when a smackfest of millions of dip***** such as yourself log in at the same time? There is no true preparation for anything of the sorts unless the actually test it first hand. "But that's what the Beta is for!!!" No you moronic imp, the beta cannot possibly test how millions of players around the world would affect the servers. Do you know how much money blizzard pours into its server architecture? Go look at world of warcraft server farms, then repeatedly smash your head against the wall. Grow up you rats, go off to call of duty or your torchlight. I played torchlight 1 and that game bored me to tears. To those out there unsure about this game, then piss off, leave this game to the true diablo community who have any sense of what a game ''launch'' involves. Name one other company as dedicated as Blizzard in resolving all issues as soon as possible. Name one. Bethesda? Ha, funny. Morons.
    By the way, to the turds saying OMFG D2 was way more L337, no stats OMFGGBWIFE. Shut up, everyone in d2 had the exact same builds over and over again. Its stupid, a waste of time and required no true ''skill'' mechanics. Now you actually need to do **** to survive, crowd control, dps output, tanking, healing, the holy trinity of multiplayer RPG's, finally some tactics involved rather than rolling my head across the keyboard and seemingly ''pwning''.
  75. May 16, 2012
    Who cares if you need to be online to play this game... it's 2012, if you don't have a decent enough internet connection to be connected (or tether) then you should spend money on your net connection before games. That said, the game is decent, it's a fun little hack and slash game. Giving a 10 because of all the 0's from people complaining about the online requirement and day one issues.
  76. May 16, 2012
    Awesome game besides the launch problems. It's has the same addictive feel as the first two games. It's all about that loot and i can't get enough. Goodbye life!
  77. May 16, 2012
    I think this game for a lot of people like BF3 was for me, when BF3 released I had all these expectations on how it was going to be the best Fps ever and it would revolutionize Fps games as a whole. Boy was I wrong, and I say that because I think a lot of the bad scores people are giving is because they had so many different expectations and so many of them were so high that the game couldI think this game for a lot of people like BF3 was for me, when BF3 released I had all these expectations on how it was going to be the best Fps ever and it would revolutionize Fps games as a whole. Boy was I wrong, and I say that because I think a lot of the bad scores people are giving is because they had so many different expectations and so many of them were so high that the game could NEVER live up to what they wanted. I don't think this game deserves a such bad scores but it also doesn't deserve a 10 simply because of the always on DRM which is absolute crap.
    I have about 15 hours logged in this game been playing around with the wizard, and although I was a D1, and D2 fan I think this is a great installment in the series. The voice acting and visuals could certainly be toned up a great bit but that's something i can look past. Overall I think this is a good game with a 1 large flaw, an absolutely HORRID launch.
  78. May 16, 2012
    Having played D1 and D2, launch night for D3 felt like Christmas morning did when I was 12. I had not been that excited for a game in a long time. I suffered the install and server errors as everyone else, and truthfully, it was not that big of a deal. As of now all of those issues have been fixed, or you can find the info needed on Blizzards support site to get you up and running. I haveHaving played D1 and D2, launch night for D3 felt like Christmas morning did when I was 12. I had not been that excited for a game in a long time. I suffered the install and server errors as everyone else, and truthfully, it was not that big of a deal. As of now all of those issues have been fixed, or you can find the info needed on Blizzards support site to get you up and running. I have a friend that has found out how to run it on Ubuntu already as well. I think the beginning of the game is slow, which if very friendly to new comers to the series. When it comes to customization, there are many ways to make your character feel like your own. At higher levels you have to choose what abilities you will use to bring the pain to the hosts of Hell, so not all Barbarians will be running around with a whirlwind all the time. Plus I love the fact that if I don't feel like some skills are working, I can change it up and figure out what works for me. Customization options are endless depending on the gear you use. If you want to stack an attribute, then level up your blacksmith and make a bunch of rare items until you get what you are looking for, or head to the AH. Who cares if I can't choose to distribute a few "skill points" every level? That just slows down the fun of bashing 20 hellions skulls to a pile of mush. Graphics are a non issue. I have a powerful computer running 2 video cards. The game at max settings is not using all the resources available, but it still looks great. Torchlight's graphics are not spectacular, but they don't need to be for the genre to be fun. I really like the artwork, and environments. The sound does a great job of drawing you in. When I got to act two, I had a feeling of vertigo at first because of the environment, so I think they did a great job there. I do not think the lack of "next generation" graphics is a deal breaker for this game. It is not like they need to be using the latest unreal engine. I have have a Barbarian to level 22, and I can't wait to get back on. I find D3 a more than great title to share the Diablo name. I would not wait for the starter version on this one. Expand
  79. May 16, 2012
    everyone here who is saying that this game is bad is just in a bad mood because he is addicted to the computer and couldnt play diablo 3 so he needs to flame. shut up scrubs you got no idea about this game you are just bad players nothing else play wow or whatever u think is worth to play and dont noob around on our awesome diablo 3 servers kiddies
  80. May 16, 2012
    Awesome game. Engaging narrative and very high production value. While the skill system and character customization is very different from the previous games, it is a refreshing new look on the action RPG genre. The normal mode is very fun and as soon as you start doing the harder difficulties it becomes very challenging and rewards teamwork and skill.

The only issues with the game so

The only issues with the game so far are the battle.net stability issues during launch and some minor annoyances with the skill UI.
  81. May 16, 2012
    When you can get connected the game is pretty cool. Especially if you are long time fan of the franchise. I just wish I could consistently connect. I may post an updated review later after I can get more play time. I bought the collector's edition and have to admit I was pissed on launch not being able to play for the first 24 hours or so. Here is hoping I like it more next week.
  82. May 16, 2012
    Wow everyone is trolling here.

I found it excellent. Easy to pick up and play. Levelling is rewarding because you get new runes all the time. Gear is GOD in this game and it feels awesome getting something with the right stats for you. You can customize or craft gear through artisans in the game... Or if you wanna spend then you can just go the auction house. Lots of good stuff there.
    Wow everyone is trolling here.

Story and cutscenes were top notch. Some of the voice acting could have been done better. Biggest complaint is from the online component where the servers can go down, and I get lag spikes from time to time. But it's still a great game really, and it was well worth the wait for me.
  83. May 16, 2012
    I just can't believe what I have to read here! Half of the 0 points reviews seem to be copied off each other. And all the reasons: " I've beaten the game in 8 hours / 4 hours / 3 hours". Are you liars or high? Did you play the starter edition? Even with a twink mage, knewing exactly what to to, I "rushed" Act I in 4 hours. And after that it starts to get hard!

"Unworthy sequel", "lame

"Unworthy sequel", "lame story": Act I alone has more surprises, dialogue and background info than the hole D2! Maybe your memory is a bit blurred. And yes: I played D1 and D2 and loved both.

Technical issues: Come on, it's day one of the most-preordered game ever. Sure, they might have underestimated the mass of players, but they seem to manage now at least halfwy decent. But all the people in the forum crying about fraud, refund and class action obviously never witnessed any launch process.

Graphics: It's an artistic decision, not a technical error! And it is dark, moody and bloody gory, what more do you want? Ultra-realistic chars with bump-mapping and customizable noses and hair? What for? You want to annihilate masses of monsters, not play the Sims! And it looks worse than D2? Get glasses! Did you play it recently?

Pay-to-win: Are you serious? Every jackass in ANY game can buy his way to win. And Blizzard just wants in on the share. And they dont offer any equip on their own, the just let people sell their stuff. No added items, just what was regularly dropped. What is the problem? If uber-item A gets dropped and is sold from player X to Y - what do you care? There will be no eSport PVP. And there will be no "character-selling", so shut up you morons.

Skills, attributes: I don't cry over the old system. Forcing a player to invest another 100 hours, just because he spent some attributes wrong or chose the wrong skills is just cruel and a time sink. If you think, that it is some kind of merit, that's you're problem, but I have a real life and I don't want to waste my time on re-rolling. And D2 had only a few viable builds, which everyone copied off each other. In D3 you can at least experiment without penalty and they kept the interest in every skill alive with the different runes. So every skill has a potential to be used in the endgame, not only a few. SUre, there are no freaky extreme builds possible right now, but in D2 they weren't also until D2X und runewords. Who knows, what Blizz plans for D3X.

DRM: I'm not a fan, but this is the age we live in. Get used to it! At least, the don't mess in your system and kernel layer like EA, but just require online. And yes, it's a coop game! Always was, so grow a pair. And it will put an end to duping and PVP killbots and whatnot. So I am happy about storing my char on their servers. Who needs LAN? Do you seriously want to schlepp everybody's PC into one place like the old times?

Is it divinity in cans? Probably not. Is it a fun and addictive game? Hell yeah! As fun as D2? Equal, if not more for me.

In the end, I would have given it a 9 of 10, but since there are some many unfair 0 out there, just because people are pissed off by technical issues or disappointed by their ridiculously high expectations, a 100 of 10 seems appropriate.

Damn it, reading these reviews really got me worked up, an now it is 5am.
  84. May 16, 2012
    I was a big Diablo II fan 12 years ago, and I have waited for this title for a long time. But after reading all negative user reviews about this game, I almost dropped this much anticipated title. Besides the expected launch day server issues (which I did expected Blizzard to be better about), the biggest legitimate sounding complaints I saw that people were bringing up over and overI was a big Diablo II fan 12 years ago, and I have waited for this title for a long time. But after reading all negative user reviews about this game, I almost dropped this much anticipated title. Besides the expected launch day server issues (which I did expected Blizzard to be better about), the biggest legitimate sounding complaints I saw that people were bringing up over and over were:

1. Streamlined Stat leveling, every character will have the same end build, not as customizable friendly.
    2. Short story game (people claiming the story mode lasting only anywhere from 2 to 8 hours)
    3. Cartoonish art style, not dark fantasy like the previous games were.
    4. Pay to win auction houses cheapening the game.

Well I decided to get the game in the end and see check the validity of these complaints, and let me tell you right now, they are for the most part unfounded.

1. The abilities have been streamlined a bit, in the sense that you can no longer choose which abilities to pick when you level up, and you also do not distribute stat points for your character. I originally thought this would be a big grip for me in this game, cause I loose the ability to focus on particular builds and thus play style. I have found that this is not the case. With each ability came the options of augmenting them with different rune stones. These aren't stat boasting number effects, but legitimate ability changes, I still felt unique playing my wizard class with other wizards in my group, going for a tankier defensive setup with crystal shelled diamond skin, orbiting arcane orbs, and wave of force compared with my friend choosing a artillery striker setup. Throw in the different loots, and even aesthetic clothing dye and banner customization, you can totally feel unique and different if you want to.

2. The short story thing I feel is hands down not true. I am a bit more completionist when it comes to checking all the treasure and breaking all the containers for loot then your average player, but there is no way you will finish this game in less then 8 hours unless you are straight up running from point A to point B without stopping or doing anything in between. I finished Act I and am mid Act II right now, and I have clocked probably ard 12 hours in this game thus far. There is a lot of meat in this game, especially if you are willing to explore a bit.

3. In terms of art, I think Blizzard did not disappoint. I thought it would be a complete WoW fest, it is not. Yes, the characters and world are more exaggeratedly proportioned then representational realism and are more "colorful". But honestly, it did not distract from the experience for me at all. At no time in the game did I go, oh that looks like too friendly or too kiddy for a mature game. There is so much polish in this thing, especially when it comes to visual effects. Enemies will die differently depending on the attacks you used, burning to a crisp when you use lightning bolts, or have limbs and heads fly off when you chop them with swords. Large columns will crumple down when you hit them, dealing damage to enemies, and everything just feels very very smooth.

4. In terms of the real money auction house, I cannot really say cause its not open yet. But its my opinion, that you the player, play this game to have fun. If you want to spend real money to stomp bots and that's how you have fun, fine with me, I will still enjoy the game because the reward is the journey toward achieving self imposed goals. Whether Blizzard is cashing in with this move or not, does not augment or hinder my ability to enjoy this game.

But, don't take my word for any of this, if you are curious about this game, pick up a demo or guest pass or something. Don't take other people's word for it, try it yourself and see. I did, and I am glad I did.
  85. May 16, 2012
    This title, despite having a botched launch day (with numerous outages), is not a bad game. It is by far nowhere near the hype (as usually that is the case), but still fun to play. The graphics are pretty to look at, the enemies are everywhere, and is massively multi-player. The storyline is predictable, cheesy, and much like an action cartoon script. That is OK, considering the game thatThis title, despite having a botched launch day (with numerous outages), is not a bad game. It is by far nowhere near the hype (as usually that is the case), but still fun to play. The graphics are pretty to look at, the enemies are everywhere, and is massively multi-player. The storyline is predictable, cheesy, and much like an action cartoon script. That is OK, considering the game that it is, and I do not expect an epic tale. I knew the downsides from the outset, such as a no offline mode (which is understandable with the real-world currency feature), no character customization, and the go here, hack-this-slash-that, grab-this routine. Overall, I am satisfied with this game, but it is by far, not the best I have ever played. Expand
  86. May 16, 2012
    It would take this chance to tell 70% of you to finish the game and then express what you think of it. Otherwise STFU and stop complaining. Buhu the servers are not working.. well you try to host servers in 9 locations and have 3million + trying to connect to them within 20 minutes. Blizzard got the problems fixed within 24 hours it took DICE and EA almost 2 weeks to get BF3 working soIt would take this chance to tell 70% of you to finish the game and then express what you think of it. Otherwise STFU and stop complaining. Buhu the servers are not working.. well you try to host servers in 9 locations and have 3million + trying to connect to them within 20 minutes. Blizzard got the problems fixed within 24 hours it took DICE and EA almost 2 weeks to get BF3 working so Blizzard did a great job.

Buhu there is no offline mode. No there's not an offline mode but there is a singleplayer mode that requires you to be online because of the piracy issue and stat tracking. Blizzard isn't the first to do this DICE did it with BF3 and that game is still a game that you guys gave a high score to. You rate it down because you cant steal it yet? so to summon it up.. It's a freaking fu**ing good game so stop complaining have patience and play the game.
  87. May 16, 2012
    The negative reviews of this game are interesting. There are complaints about the story and character customization as if there was a brilliant story and a wide array of character customization in the first two. The Diablo series has never been about story or character customization, it has been about spam clicking your mouse and watching hordes of enemies die as you get loot and level up.The negative reviews of this game are interesting. There are complaints about the story and character customization as if there was a brilliant story and a wide array of character customization in the first two. The Diablo series has never been about story or character customization, it has been about spam clicking your mouse and watching hordes of enemies die as you get loot and level up. In Diablo 2 a player would drop 20 skill points into the same skill in order to maximize its effectiveness. Now, that skill just levels on its own. Blizzard realized dropping 60 skill points into 3 skills for synergy was redundant, and changed it for the sequel. I even saw a complaint about town portal and identify scrolls being removed. You can still town portal and identify all you want, you just don't have to horde scrolls in your inventory now. I saw a complaint about stamina potions. Really? It is really upsetting to some Diablo 2 fans that you have unlimited stamina now? Blizzard essentially took Diablo 2 and streamlined it while preserving the style of game play that kept everyone addicted before. This is a very fun game if you enjoy hack n slash RPGs. If you enjoyed Diablo 2, it's likely you'll enjoy this game...unless you have absurd expectations that include either an identical game with no changes or a game that is nothing like Diablo 2. It seems like the majority of the negative reviews take that extreme. Why is this game not identical to Diablo 2? Why is this game not drastically different than Diablo 2? Blizzard definitely failed to prepare their servers on launch day, but other than that the game plays fine and is just as addicting as the first two. Expand
  88. May 16, 2012
    This game is fantastic.Yes I couldn't log in straight away on launch night,and I struggled the following day,this was a pain in the arse.I hoped it wouldn't happen,but I knew that I had to be connected to play single-player before I bought it.So I sighed and got on with my life for a few hours.And then tried again.Now (just over 48 hours after launch I can log in and play no problems.This game is fantastic.Yes I couldn't log in straight away on launch night,and I struggled the following day,this was a pain in the arse.I hoped it wouldn't happen,but I knew that I had to be connected to play single-player before I bought it.So I sighed and got on with my life for a few hours.And then tried again.Now (just over 48 hours after launch I can log in and play no problems. The game,for me,improves as you play through it.The leveling up process is simple and satisfying.The user interface intuitive and straight forward.The facy people went out of their ways to come here and give the game zero's out of ten is just sad.Games have problems when they launch.Shock horror.Grow up trolls or just **** off,you're just trying to ruin other peoples fun in any way you can.Half of you probably don't own the game anyway,which makes the situation even more laughable. Portal 2 got similarly panned and other excellent games I'm probably aware of.Never played Diablo 2,so have no reference but the game is fluid and fun.Anyone giving less than five probably has a similarly sized **** in inches. Expand
  89. May 16, 2012
    I really hate how people are overreacting and giving the game a 0 because of the DRM and server issues. Review the GAME people! Combat is supremely satisfying, and I don't get how people are bashing the graphics. All those D2 fanboys will obviously complain and want to exact graphics style. Well, guess what. THE DIABLO SERIES WOULD BE DEAD IF BLIZZARD DIDN'T CHANGE ANYTHING. The thing thatI really hate how people are overreacting and giving the game a 0 because of the DRM and server issues. Review the GAME people! Combat is supremely satisfying, and I don't get how people are bashing the graphics. All those D2 fanboys will obviously complain and want to exact graphics style. Well, guess what. THE DIABLO SERIES WOULD BE DEAD IF BLIZZARD DIDN'T CHANGE ANYTHING. The thing that sucks away two points is Blizzard's always online Singleplayer. In the end, Blizzard does a great job. Expand
  90. May 16, 2012
    To start id like to make it clear I liked d2 a lot yet I am not fanboy of anything.. if your an oldschool diablo fan you should like this game a lot. theyve changed a few things but still good..

when it comes to new comers to diablo, if u dislike hack and slash u wont like this.. if u do then here u go. a very fun hacky slasher.. Worth getting. note: server probs but its no biggy, it

Worth getting.

note: server probs but its no biggy, it will all buff out
  91. May 16, 2012
    I find it amusing how everyone gave it horrible ratings because of opening night and not being able to log in. Was expected in my book. I absolutely love the game. The new skills are a change from Diablo 2, but I didn't come here to play Diablo 2's overpowered skill sets and I am not going to compare this game to World of Warcraft or Starcraft like the other idiots do.

Anyways, the

Anyways, the story is great so far and keeps me wanting to play more to see what happens. I like the flow of the game and the mechanics seem quite balanced. The graphics are not too shabby for a side scroll top down sorta thing mode and are improved slightly from the engine they used for Starcraft 2.

Overall, I am very pleased to have gotten my collectors edition and can't wait for any expansions to be following the D3 line or any other Blizzard game line. Keep up the good work and next time, be more prepared on opening night so you get better user rating :P
  92. May 16, 2012
    Personally, I think all the negative reviewers are going too far. This is Diablo 3, not Diablo 2. Blizzard never promised Diablo 3 to be identical to its predecessor and they just wanted to make the game more open to players new to Diablo by simplifying the skill system. Sure, it's a downgrade but there are many casual gamers out there that aren't used to something like this. These changesPersonally, I think all the negative reviewers are going too far. This is Diablo 3, not Diablo 2. Blizzard never promised Diablo 3 to be identical to its predecessor and they just wanted to make the game more open to players new to Diablo by simplifying the skill system. Sure, it's a downgrade but there are many casual gamers out there that aren't used to something like this. These changes were already shown in the beta and the developers talked about them already. Expand
  93. May 16, 2012
    With the initial server difficulties aside, Diablo 3 is a pretty good game. It is a faithful return to form from the previous titles, and while at times a bit too faithful (feels the same), still feels like the Diablo I grew so fond of in the past. The art style has blizzards typical impressive hand painted style, with just the right balance of color and contrast throughout the game toWith the initial server difficulties aside, Diablo 3 is a pretty good game. It is a faithful return to form from the previous titles, and while at times a bit too faithful (feels the same), still feels like the Diablo I grew so fond of in the past. The art style has blizzards typical impressive hand painted style, with just the right balance of color and contrast throughout the game to maintain the darker gothic style when appropriate, and the more colorful more action oriented sequences that pepper the game. The game-play is exactly what you would expect if you're coming from Diablo 2. The point and click combat is as grind-tastic, and shamelessly addictive as ever. Your motivation for grinding on is collecting the most powerful weaponry and armor in the game. While seeing the end of the game is likely your initial interest, once you enter repeat play-throughs your soul motivation will revolve around developing your character. This motivation was considerably stronger in previous titles due to the simple fact that you can no longer spend multiple points in increasing the effectiveness of your powers. The skill system is the most altered aspect of the game. Your skill tree is now more of a single branch that you climb along until you reach level sixty and have all the abilities to choose from. Once you unlock a skill, the majority of your skills will be dependent on what you have equipped, making your skills develop with your equipment. Meaning it's quite possible for a level 60 mage with base equipment to lose to a level 30 with magic equipment (although that match-up will likely never happen). You unlock runes to change the effect of your equipped spell or abilities, such as adding ice damage to a weapon, or adding another minion to a summon spell. There isn't much to mention that wouldn't ring very familiar to Diablo fans. It's a faithful recreation of the Diablo franchise, and while not evolving as far as one would hope it would, it sucks you in and motivates you to play on. With later difficulty settings allowing you to gain more powerful equipment and crafting abilities there is enough reason to grind on for most more dedicated players, but to a casual player, the game may leave you wanting a more varied experience. Expand
  94. May 16, 2012
    This game is really beautiful. The story, gameplay everything is perfect. Despite some problems connecting to the launch of a huge game that should this compacted over time.
  95. May 16, 2012
    Great Game... Just close enough to D2 to spark up some older memories but still leave you make new ones. Sound/Graphics is great and play is smooth. Have not even touched multiplayer or Auction house yet as I can t get myself away from my quests to even look. Don
  96. May 16, 2012
    The most exciting game I have played in a while, a worthy successor to D2. The first group of champion mobs I faced had me on the edge of my seat! Absolutely do not understand all the negativity surrounding the game. My experience has been of a well-executed, very fun, very addictive game that has got me hooked for at least a few more run-throughs.
  97. May 16, 2012
    Launch is still messy but great game overall. superior to any action RPG i have played to date. Would def recommend to all my friends who own a pc.
  98. May 16, 2012
    I don't know how people could not enjoy this game if they liked Diablo II. This game takes everything great about that game and makes for a very fun experience. Even though it might have had some issues on release with servers, that doesn't make the game worse. It is a very fast-paced game that really draws you in, in a way that I think is better than its prequel. Skills are mapped to keysI don't know how people could not enjoy this game if they liked Diablo II. This game takes everything great about that game and makes for a very fun experience. Even though it might have had some issues on release with servers, that doesn't make the game worse. It is a very fast-paced game that really draws you in, in a way that I think is better than its prequel. Skills are mapped to keys to make them very easy to use, and the new potion/town portal system makes for combat that is very fast-paced, dynamic, and non-stop. Whereas in Diablo II sometimes there was too much prolonged battles where you had to go use town portals and go back to town to restock several times, this combat system is more smooth and great. Also, inventory management is easier and more streamlined, which is great. Overall, a great game that has improved on its predecessors in just about every way. And with the skill choices, the higher level you are, the more great choices you can make in regards to what kind of skill combinations you want to use. This makes for a great way to build the kind of character you want, and nothing to complain about. People that talk it down this game wanted just a carbon copy of diablo II, and while that was a great game, I'm glad that Blizzard changed it up with the release of this game. Some people can't take change, but this game is very polished and fun, definitely a change for the better. Expand
  99. May 16, 2012
    If you're an ACTUAL gamer that plays games for GAMEplay, then please read.
    If you're an ACTUAL gamer that plays games for GAMEplay, then please read.
    It's sad to see how many people give this game a 0 for really stupid reasons... The connection problems are not the game, that's the server, you try designing a server that can handle THAT much traffic on release day, it's impossible. Give it a week TOPS and things will be running smoothly. Complaining about DRM is just stupid, you bought the game, you paid your service, enjoy it and shut up. Now with all this BS aside, let's get to the actual game.
    So far from what I've seen this game is pretty damn good, not perfect, no diablo 2, put damn near perfect:
    1) Graphics, I honestly don't give a damn about graphics... people seemed to have forgotten that games are about GAMEplay remember that part in a game? The GAME? Oh yeah, that. You want to see good graphics? Watch a movie. Besides that, the graphics were fine, pretty, cool art style, clean UI, everything looks nice.
    2) Gameplay - oh yeah! That important thing. So far, it's great, the only flaws I can see with it, is the fact that new characters are always going to be the same, you unlock skills in a very linear pattern allowing for no creativity early on, until about lvl 7-10 when you start making choices. Also the lack of attributes kinda made me frown :( Other than that, the gameplay and loot system is the same of what we know and love from D2.
    3) Other nonsense - Online play is kinda weird. I don't like that you can't play offline single player, a bit of a letdown if I do say. The Auction House thing seems cool - it's not for everyone, but I don't think people should rate it down for that. It's like if someone gave you a great game and said "here, OH and there's this extra feature if you want to use it too, but you don't have to." It's not like you NEED the auction house to get gear.
    That about wraps things up. This game certainly doesn't deserve the 3.6 it has. It's not THAT bad, just people being trolls. In reality, I would give this game a 9/10 BUT because of the amount of trolls that need to be countered, I'm giving it a ten. Maybe someday the 10's will displace the 0's...
  100. May 16, 2012
    Honestly these user reviews are useless. Bunch of whiney nerds crying about the price, DRM, and day one server issues. The game is a lot of fun...granted its no Diablo II but its still more than worth playing and enjoying.

1. Aug 31, 2012