Diablo III PC

4.0

1. Aug 18, 2012
    It's a single-player game that requires online. The writing has taken a nosedive compared to Diablo II. The gameplay is repetitive without being as satisfying as Diablo II.
  2. Aug 18, 2012
    OK... where do i start?

I have been a fan of diablo since the very 1st original game which was in my mind one of the greatest games of all time. Where the hell did it all go wrong? This is a far cry from Diablo. The only correlation between this and Diablo is the title and the fact that you have to kill "Something" called Diablo at the end of the game. This is the biggest let
    OK... where do i start?

Where the hell did it all go wrong?

This is the biggest let down of the year for me. This game should easily have been game of the year.

The graphics are good yeah but the plot is basically laughable. The difficulty settings of Inferno basically make it impossible to farm anything unless you are in a group. There are too many stat's too have to worry about when it comes to gearing up, i mean good luck finding gear for a monk that has 1 misc res, 1 All resistance, Dex, Vit, AS, CHC, CHD, socketted, GF/MF etc... The servers are a joke, if you can beat the log in screen you find that the AH crashes on an almost weekly basis, and that you pull your hair out the roots because you get server lag that gets you killed during boss confrontations after which you get a 5K repair bill for something that wasn't your fault.

The builds are ok while you are still learning what to do but once the novelty wears off, you quickly realize that there are only 5 or 6 skills per class worth bothering with anyway. Now that people are leaving the game in massive quantities, it has become harder and harder to gear up. Every item is randomly generated so you could end up with chest gear for a barbarian with INT and DEX on it rather than STR/Vit. Because people are leaving gear on the ah is going up astronomically because there are not as many farmers now as there used to be which has a knock on effect on everything from leveling to AH prices.

There is no suitable upper limit cap on the ah and because of that gear worth 10K is allowed to be sold for 30 Billion... Because of this, arguments in chat are common because people who find an equivocal item automatically think that their item is worth at least 40 Million or some crap like that and some arguments between players almost verge on bullying and harassment.

Blizzard now let people sell gold on the ah at a base value of 0.25p per 100K which is great until you realize that gold sellers are selling gold for 6 euro for 50 Million. Way to go blizzard, what sort of school of economics did you go to when you decided to make it profitable to buy gold from gold sellers rather than price them out? I mean Christ, buy 50 Mill gold off them for 6 euro and sell it on the rmah for ££££'s, yay great plan!.

I guess the last problem is Jay Wilson... turd... Thanks for ruining what should have been an instant classic.

And blizzard really think PVP will save this game? Considering the dps difference with some classes, the resistance of others, no pvp build and no pvp gear... PVP i think will be a total fail.

I honestly don't know where to stop, i feel so dissapointed with this EPIC FAILURE that i feel like i want my money back. The only reason i have not tried to get my money back is because i made the money back off the RMAH.

Honestly.... Wait for torchlight 2, dont buy this utter ****
  3. Aug 18, 2012
    The game as of august 2012 is a disappointment. You start out feeling powerful, gradually facing enemies stronger and stronger, making you feel weak and puny in the end. The opposite of how a game in this genre should feel. Items are lackluster and boring. Character customization is non existent. Re-playability is present, but not enjoyable.
  4. Aug 18, 2012
    I give it 1 point for being called Diablo. The game just doesn't have any other merrits justifying more points. It's called Diablo, but for the rest, it simply isn't a Diablo game. This is Duke Nukem Forever Goes Diabolical. It's just a release to milk money from the masses. Sorry, Activision, these are not the cashcows you're looking for.
  5. Aug 17, 2012
    I will not complain about the connectivity issues and Blizzard's recent trend of fetishism for DRM. Multiplayer SC2 has some of the same faults, and it is a great game. The problems with D3 are numerous and too large to overlook. The most glaring deficiency is the story. Foreshadowing should be subtle. Every villain in D3 tells you exactly what they are going to do and when. The sideI will not complain about the connectivity issues and Blizzard's recent trend of fetishism for DRM. Multiplayer SC2 has some of the same faults, and it is a great game. The problems with D3 are numerous and too large to overlook. The most glaring deficiency is the story. Foreshadowing should be subtle. Every villain in D3 tells you exactly what they are going to do and when. The side dialogue all but explicitly says what is coming up next. The new characters that enter the realm are poorly developed. I do not care at all about them or know their motivations. It is the difference between The Godfather and Avatar. The Godfather has a great story. The characters are developed. There is emotion. The scenes are visually pleasing, but the director does not bash you with action at all times. Avatar sacrifices story on the altar of cool visual effects. It is so predictable and its characters are so vapid that you want to keep watching because you paid the $12 for the ticket, and damn it, you are going to get your full 3 hours because you paid for it.

The game is incredibly item dependent. I suppose that this is by design. Feel like you are getting killed too often? Head over to the auction house and buy some of our items. That is fine. It does not kill the game by itself. WoW did the same thing and it did not break the game. What really peeves me is bringing cash into it. Want to really smash the bad guys? Grab your mother's credit card and use some real life currency. Blizzard gets a cut of the action, of course. On that same point, there are very few times during a playthrough that you feel like you are in the right location for your level. I am usually smashing the baddies or getting manhandled like a boxing match between Mr. T and Michael Cera. The happy medium is difficult to find and fleeting.

Blizzard has been a reliable company over their whole history. I have never been disappointed in any of their previous titles. Players of any skill level could have a blast playing over and over again. They were visually pleasing. At the same time, the gameplay was smooth, and the story was engaging. Yes, D3 is visually pleasing considering that they needed to make a game that would run on a wide range of hardware. Yet, it lacks the essential elements of a good game. It has been dumbed down and destroyed in the pursuit of the almighty dollar. Blizzard used to be a team of artists that were the greatest at their craft. They have lost that slowly since WoW. No amount of bug fixes and balancing can fix that.

As a longtime fan of Blizzard games, I am incredibly disappointed in D3. I wasted $60 and 60 hours of my life. In the future, I will no longer blindly trust in Blizzard's ability to produce a good game. Their reputation has been tarnished so severely for me. It is time to put that silly dream out of its misery like a black powder rifle to old yeller's head.
  6. Aug 17, 2012
    Oh Blizzard, you really screwed this one up. It is to be expected though, now that you have merged with those developer-killers, Activision. Your games have been going downhill since WoW: The Burning Crusade and this is just another nail in your coffin as far as a huge chunk of your fan base is concerned.
  7. Aug 17, 2012
    I found Diablo 3 painfully boring, repetitive, dated, uninspired and predictable. The boredom factor kicks in right at the beginning of the first act and unfortunately does not subside throughout the entire game. I found my brain completely switching off as I roamed aimlessly through boring dungeons, not caring about my quest or the overall plot. I was merely looking for something toI found Diablo 3 painfully boring, repetitive, dated, uninspired and predictable. The boredom factor kicks in right at the beginning of the first act and unfortunately does not subside throughout the entire game. I found my brain completely switching off as I roamed aimlessly through boring dungeons, not caring about my quest or the overall plot. I was merely looking for something to excite me, but the excitement never came. The game is incredibly repetitive, however, Diablo 2 was also repetitive, yet killing countless beasts in the Arcane Sanctuary was somehow so much more fun than killing anyone in the badly designed sets of Diablo 3. The game looks like it should have been released in 2004, and lets face it, the game was finished and ready to go in 2004, however for obvious marketing reasons, Blizzard held it off until they milked WoW. There's a term for this and it's called product cannibalism. Blizzard were cautious about Diablo 3 as it no doubt would have caused the WoW players to shift games. DIablo 3 looks dated, because it is. This whole Blizzard 'It will be done when it's done' crap is merely hype building. Diablo 3 is uninspired. There is no creative flair throughout the whole game. Anyone could have written the plot, devised the monsters and vomited out that dialogue. It is total tripe. Blizzard has destroyed their own franchise. Do not purchase this game. You have been warned. Expand
  8. Aug 17, 2012
    the ridiculously overpowered monster packs and elites, mean you are forced to play with others, which are most the time clueless under geared noobs that make playing a nightmare. The lucky few who have dedicated friends and play in organised groups probably enjoy the game enormously. Unfortunately none of my friends decided to play which meant that I never managed to enjoy the game, a partthe ridiculously overpowered monster packs and elites, mean you are forced to play with others, which are most the time clueless under geared noobs that make playing a nightmare. The lucky few who have dedicated friends and play in organised groups probably enjoy the game enormously. Unfortunately none of my friends decided to play which meant that I never managed to enjoy the game, a part of which contributes to me being envious and ultimately the expression of this review. However that could have been avoided should blizzard have decided to make the whole game doable for solo players, which is probably not very difficult from a designers point of view. They just have to scale the monster abilities accordingly.
    From the start the game put me on the USA servers without any confirmation of questions. This was due to the fact that I had played the beta, which was on USA servers and I hadn't switched the account back after buying the game, so after my char was lvl 47, I found out I was on the wrong server, and refused to remake my char. I am therefore unable to use the real money auction house, which is one of the biggest selling points of D3. Blizzard still hasn't done anything about this problem which has been in shock, and I refused to play another 100 odd hours to get to where I am now.
    The always on connection requirement adds to this problem. My connection constantly lags and disconnects. I have had to kill countless monsters twice or even three times. Sure I understand that you want to provide a safe and secure and uncrackable system, but to stretch this to an extent where the regular players must update every move they make onto an extremely laggy server is beyond all explanation. Even if it is stable nowadays, there are still problems like when your computer crashes, and you find yourself in the middle of a massive monster pack at the front of the entrance immediately after you log back in. That's right you have been successfully farming with your friends, you dc'ed and they all died and kept dying and now noone can get away because there's a ridiculous waller / fast / arcane minion pack that one shots everyone. now you have to remake and go without any of your nephalem valors from scratch.
    This game is crap in ways that boil my very bones. I played wow for such a long time, and every patch all my efforts were completely pointless, it was as though I was a noob once again. I vow to never buy a blizzard game again.
  9. Aug 16, 2012
    An empty soulless version of a fantastic game. The way Activision/Blizzard has handled there business is unacceptable and consumers need to stop putting up with it. The in-game cash shop and always online single player is not okay. Since big publishers judge success by only two things, sales and metacritic rating, tanking the metacritic rating is the only way to get their attention.
  10. Aug 16, 2012
    Long story short ; How can you ruin an epic game series? Diablo III..
  11. Aug 16, 2012
    Diablo 3 is an bizarre experiment. I feel like I should learn financial maths and use a spreadsheet to manage it. But then you have the unpredicted drop or deal that changes everything. What do you remember from the two first opus? Addiction? Well it's still there. But the "buzz" is more volatile. The main fun thing for me is still the rune system which allows a lot of cool combinations.Diablo 3 is an bizarre experiment. I feel like I should learn financial maths and use a spreadsheet to manage it. But then you have the unpredicted drop or deal that changes everything. What do you remember from the two first opus? Addiction? Well it's still there. But the "buzz" is more volatile. The main fun thing for me is still the rune system which allows a lot of cool combinations. Some aren't just useful in inferno because you'll get your ass kicked, but in hell, yes, you can evolve your character in very distinct ways. A very very good value for me, and I don't have to divide 60$ by x hours played for that. Expand
  12. Aug 16, 2012
    Dont let the fanboys fool you this is a great game although it does have its issues when it comes to endgame players, but you will have plenty of fun until then
  13. Yst
    Aug 16, 2012
    Diablo III is a fairly satisfactory dungeon romp, in the manner of its predecessors. If making enemies explode and effortlessly plowing through a horde of the undead satisfies you, this may be just the thing. Its environments are attractive, even if its story, voice acting and writing are generally of very poor quality (as this is not the game
  14. Aug 16, 2012
    The main reason why I hate this game is because it is not the social game I thought it would be. In D2, me and my friends played for years and had fun with the game. In D3, I played with the same exact group of friends, but we have all quit within a couple of months. Every aspect of the game encourages the players to play BY THEMSELVES, and not with their friends. The auction houseThe main reason why I hate this game is because it is not the social game I thought it would be. In D2, me and my friends played for years and had fun with the game. In D3, I played with the same exact group of friends, but we have all quit within a couple of months. Every aspect of the game encourages the players to play BY THEMSELVES, and not with their friends. The auction house encourages people to sell their items instead of sharing with their friends, the four player max splits up groups of friends (unlike the 8 player max in previous games), there is no pvp (yet)...in general the game just simply is not fun. For the player who likes to play by himself, this could be a great game. For the person who wants to play a game with his friends...this is not. Expand
  15. Aug 16, 2012
    Well, I got the Starter Edition, and I'm 100% positive I won't buy the game. By the time I reached the first boss in the game, I was getting really bored, mainly because of the same environment and the difficulty. You wander in dungeons a lot, at least in the first act. About the difficulty; This game is too easy on normal, and since I'm unable to change the difficulty, I have to rateWell, I got the Starter Edition, and I'm 100% positive I won't buy the game. By the time I reached the first boss in the game, I was getting really bored, mainly because of the same environment and the difficulty. You wander in dungeons a lot, at least in the first act. About the difficulty; This game is too easy on normal, and since I'm unable to change the difficulty, I have to rate that. Despite being totally new to the game, not once did I have to use potions. The exploration: If you're someone who tries to explore everything in a game, like me, then prepared to be punished. The dungeons have optional and main pathways, where the objective is. Thing is, if you went the wrong way (for example, you see your objective) you have to go all the way back to explore that one optional wing/room, and then again go all the way back to the main path. You get XP for mindless things like destroying barrels or benches as fast as possible. One positive thing however, is that you can interact with the environment to some degrees, like you can use a chandelier to kill some demons with it by dropping it on the ground.
    So long story short, it has way too few pros and you burn out quickly from it (3 hours for me), so I wouldn't recommend getting this game, especially for the price they are asking for it.
  16. Aug 15, 2012
    Most games you play until you get bored. Diablo 3 I played until I hated it and then some. I played 120 hours, which seems great for $60...but the game is terribly disappointing. I only kept playing because of how much I enjoyed Diablo 2. My single biggest complaint is that every level 60 character is exactly the same. There is absolutely no customization. All that distinguishes theMost games you play until you get bored. Diablo 3 I played until I hated it and then some. I played 120 hours, which seems great for $60...but the game is terribly disappointing. I only kept playing because of how much I enjoyed Diablo 2. My single biggest complaint is that every level 60 character is exactly the same. There is absolutely no customization. All that distinguishes the best barbarian from the worst barbarian is gear, which you can buy on the AH for real dollars of which Blizzard takes a portion. The quests are boring, the dialogue is atrocious, the plot is inane, and the always online requirement is aggravating. And worst of all the items suck. I found 2 legendaries (uniques) over 100 hours. Why is that? Diablo 3 is shallow, boring, and does disgrace to the Blizzard name. Expand
  17. Aug 15, 2012
    One sentences should sum it up: This game is HUGE disappointment. You have to basically pay to win as NOTHING decent drops in hundred of hours of "farming", or its better to call it "grinding". No upgrades to your gear, no legendaries, no rares, NOTHING. The loot system is broken or extremely mean to players.

MF doesn't work the way it should work. Gives you basically no item-finding

MF doesn't work the way it should work. Gives you basically no item-finding boost at all.
    (Been farming act 3 inferno with 300% MF with mediocre results).

To be able to clear latest act of hardest difficulty you have to buy gold or equipment for real money. The best gear in game is like 250 euro or more.

My advice: Don't buy this game and spare your time and money...
  18. Aug 15, 2012
    The novelty of this game wears off extremely quickly and becomes a repetitive grind. This holds true when you have to complete the campaign 3 times just to reach the max level.
  19. Aug 15, 2012
    Never played diablo 1+2, but decided to try out this game after hearing all the hype. The game is OK. However, it has no entertainment value after first playthrough. Sure, you unlock a new difficulty and can earn better loot in your next playthrough - but so what. Why bother... This game is based around grind. And if you like pure grind then this is the game for you. I have not even inNever played diablo 1+2, but decided to try out this game after hearing all the hype. The game is OK. However, it has no entertainment value after first playthrough. Sure, you unlock a new difficulty and can earn better loot in your next playthrough - but so what. Why bother... This game is based around grind. And if you like pure grind then this is the game for you. I have not even in mmorpgs seen this kind of grind. If playing the same story over and over satisfies you then this is the game for you. Other than that i want to mention that blizzard has terrible customer service - they completely disregard their customers (because they can). Expand
  20. Aug 14, 2012
    A lot of the reported issues with this game really don't matter much until you hit Inferno mode. For those that don't own the game and don't know, Inferno mode is the fourth time playing through the campaign with the same character, and it is harder because you cap at level 60 and can't out-level the mobs to beat them if the game has been giving you crappy loot. To some, the game isn'tA lot of the reported issues with this game really don't matter much until you hit Inferno mode. For those that don't own the game and don't know, Inferno mode is the fourth time playing through the campaign with the same character, and it is harder because you cap at level 60 and can't out-level the mobs to beat them if the game has been giving you crappy loot. To some, the game isn't "beaten" until you finish Inferno, and I can understand the frustration they are facing.

That said, any game that I enjoyed for 100+ hours is definitely worth the money, and I can say that about Diablo 3. Maybe $60 is a tad high, but IMHO the quality and polish of this game is worth at least $50.
  21. Aug 14, 2012
    Diablo 3 is a good game if it wasn't developed by Blizzard. It
  22. Aug 13, 2012
    A broken game built around a real-money auction house... a sad attempt to raise revenue through micro-transactions, destroying a great franchise in the process... pathetic.
  23. Aug 13, 2012
    At first, i was like most of the people writing these reviews "OMG diablo is so boring"
    "OMG it requires no skill"
    "OMG its just click at the baddies AND its boring AND it requires no skill" yeah, ill say thats true until around hell, without a proper strategy for your class and with a lack of skill, you're going to get 2 shotted by the zombies in act 1 and dont even get me started on
    "OMG it requires no skill"
    "OMG its just click at the baddies AND its boring AND it requires no skill"
    yeah, ill say thats true until around hell, without a proper strategy for your class and with a lack of skill, you're going to get 2 shotted by the zombies in act 1 and dont even get me started on the rare mobs. My experience with user reviews is that they base it off impressions OR they have a friend carry them through the game so they don't actually experience it.
    SO.. my point here is, it's a GREAT game but really only if you want to drop some effort into it.
    For the future players, don't buy it if you don't want to sink time into it, if you want a quick game with no effort/time required, go play CoD.
    For the future reviewers, PLEASE don't write your review until you have leveled more than 3 characters (different classes please) to 60 and beat the game on all of those on all the difficulties, otherwise you're just going to get the "blizzard trap" where they make the game ridiculously easy until late-game.
    Have fun, and go try to beat hell azmodan, peace.
  24. Aug 13, 2012
    It seems to me that Blizzard has so much money to pay critics. It's extremely evident and this is what is wrong with the world we live in. This game is the biggest garbage I've ever played. DRM nuff said...
  25. Aug 13, 2012
    1 Out of 10 star due to I waited so many years for the game! Got so happy it was coming out.. Just to see that the leveing up to 60 in the game was better then being lb. 60.. This game had noting to do with diablo 2. No PVP, No Trading games hosted, Trash AH where people buy and resell to scam each other and make money out of paypal AH on the news other day there was a kid that make1 Out of 10 star due to I waited so many years for the game! Got so happy it was coming out.. Just to see that the leveing up to 60 in the game was better then being lb. 60.. This game had noting to do with diablo 2. No PVP, No Trading games hosted, Trash AH where people buy and resell to scam each other and make money out of paypal AH on the news other day there was a kid that make 20,000$ from real money AH. and is still making more! The game is so bad over all. Patchs wont fix my thoughts on the game now its too. The game cheated on me I will never look back Expand
  26. Aug 12, 2012
    This game is boring, dumb, has zero innovation and it's a shameless attempt for Blizzard to earn some "tax" money from people who already payed them for their game. Worst $60 ever spent IMO.
  27. Aug 12, 2012
    Let's keep it nice and short. Diablo 3 is just a Diablo 2 with lesser features and prettier graphics. If you're looking for some solid demon bashing fun with your friends, you'll like the game, other than that, the game is hollow.
  28. Aug 12, 2012
    What. Is. This.
    Issues according to me:
    1. Internet connection to play offline
    2. Lag in offline (seriously?)
    3. Very plane, you play an hour you have seen it all, I know its H&S but, the monster just get tougher, that's it.
    4. Gets boring after 3/4 hours.
  29. Aug 12, 2012
    Very good game.Nice graphics,true hack and slash game,great soundtrack.
    The always online thing didnt bothered me,except just one disconnect.
    Real money auction house is a great iea to deal with gold selling sites.
  30. Aug 12, 2012
    While fun getting through the game the first time the fact is at max level the game is dull dull dull. Recycled content and ideas only go so far. Blizzard got my money so I guess the last laugh is on me :)
  31. Aug 11, 2012
    I'm updating my score from a 1 to a 5 in anticipation of patch 1.0.4. I truly hope this patch will bring out the game that we all paid $60-$100 for. Below are the preview details of patch 1.0.4 - release date is still unknown.

System Changes, by Wyatt Cheng Senior Technical Game Designer Wyatt Cheng is preparing a high-level summary of some of the system changes planned for 1.0.4.

System Changes, by Wyatt Cheng

Legendary Item Improvements, by Andrew Chambers
    Senior Game Designer Andrew Chambers is working on a blog detailing all the ways we
  32. Aug 10, 2012
    This game is so utterly bad, that even writing this is more than it deserves. There is nothing fun about it except the first few-dozen hours of initial gameplay, it has no depth, it has no quality script, it has nothing original, it's in fact regression in every aspect. This game would never have sold if it wasn't signed Blizzard and it pains me so many of us buy something like this,This game is so utterly bad, that even writing this is more than it deserves. There is nothing fun about it except the first few-dozen hours of initial gameplay, it has no depth, it has no quality script, it has nothing original, it's in fact regression in every aspect. This game would never have sold if it wasn't signed Blizzard and it pains me so many of us buy something like this, expecting something good from a supposedly good company only to be served STUPIDLY expensive (80+ dollars at some time!!!!) CRAP. I am not going to buy Blizzard game ever again, I'm done with this company. They used to make good games, now it seems they just cash-in on their established brand. Like every **** business these days. Expand
  33. Aug 9, 2012
    What a disappointment. After over a decade of waiting this is what we get? A game where the character models and overall graphics are a blurry and ugly mess that wouldn't have been acceptable 6 years ago. Where the game-play has been reduced to left click to win and skills and attributes have been removed or simplified to increase the dependency on gear so that you'll be more likely to useWhat a disappointment. After over a decade of waiting this is what we get? A game where the character models and overall graphics are a blurry and ugly mess that wouldn't have been acceptable 6 years ago. Where the game-play has been reduced to left click to win and skills and attributes have been removed or simplified to increase the dependency on gear so that you'll be more likely to use the Auction House, increasing Blizzard's revenue. The voice acting is horrid, on par with a bad B grade movie at the best of times while the story is such a joke Stephanie Meyer could have written a better piece of fiction in 3 months and this took then 6 years. The always online DRM is the icing on the cake. I don't think I've ever been more disappointed by something I was looking forward to in my entire life. Expand
  34. Aug 8, 2012
    It has DRM always online. No offline mode. There is not really anything else to be said about this game. It
  35. Aug 8, 2012
    Diablo 3 does more things wrong then right, but you will not really notice them until you reach max level (which is reached very fast, relatively speaking.) For a brand new game coming out the issues that were present on release would not be such an issue if they were addressed, which they were not. Instead, Blizzard decide to patch up multiple play styles that players have in an attemptDiablo 3 does more things wrong then right, but you will not really notice them until you reach max level (which is reached very fast, relatively speaking.) For a brand new game coming out the issues that were present on release would not be such an issue if they were addressed, which they were not. Instead, Blizzard decide to patch up multiple play styles that players have in an attempt to get the player to focus on AH and RMAH. These types of actions by blizzard shows that they would rather make as much money as possible instead of fixing the integrity of the game, aka itemization and playing progression.

Blizzard made a lot of bad choices right after launch in favor to get players to use the AH/RMAH instead of playing the game. Players now have to grind for hours at a time to have any hope of finding gear, while being stuck using the same skills none stop. At the release of the game, this was not true. You could play the game for 30 minutes and feel rewarded. At soon as RMAH was released, the game was destroyed as well as any hope of focusing players on the game inself rather the the RMAH.

If you are looking to play a game for 100 hours for 60 bucks, then Diablo 3 is for you. If your looking for a game that will last a long time, look some where else. Diablo 3's dev team only focus is to take your money and spend it on RMAH.

One final note: This is why this game gets the lowest score possible in my mind. Blizzard will not restore any items lost for any reason at all. Even if you put money on RMAH and a bug occurs and it takes your money, and even if they realize this to be true, they will not restore ANYTHING. FOR ANY REASON.
    If Blizzard wants to do RMAH, they have to go head over heels for the player, not screw them over.
    This game is the biggest disappoint for me then Spore and Black and White 2 combined. Blizzard's team should be ashamed of themselves for ruining something that could of last the ages.
  36. Aug 8, 2012
    I find a few good things about D3, like the combat, the skill calculator, the spells, the runes and of course the detail of the cinematics. The story, maps/dungeons, bosses, npc's and basic mobs are all boring and bland but ok none the less. The biggest problems w/ this game start to show in inferno and really rear their ugly heads in Act 2+ inferno. The elite packs RNG affix, the crap RNGI find a few good things about D3, like the combat, the skill calculator, the spells, the runes and of course the detail of the cinematics. The story, maps/dungeons, bosses, npc's and basic mobs are all boring and bland but ok none the less. The biggest problems w/ this game start to show in inferno and really rear their ugly heads in Act 2+ inferno. The elite packs RNG affix, the crap RNG gear stats, the amount of ridiculously low ilvl gear dropping in inferno, the insane lack of gear drops that could be an upgrade which in turn these things all herd players to the GAH/RMAH in order to get gear to progress to a non-existent end game. The lack of drops for a lot of players that don't want to play the AH means a lack of incentive to continue to play the game. For those that play the AH and farm for hundreds and hundreds of hours to make $100 a month, more power to you, but for some of us this isn't the game we bought into. It turns out that Blizzard created D3 as a way to continue to feed their greed using the Diablo series name. Such a shame. Expand
  37. Aug 8, 2012
    What a let down. Game had so much potential but once you hit inferno the blacksmith has it right when he says "too much work, not enough profit." Can put in weeks worth of gameplay and not get anywhere gear-wise which pretty much puts progression at an either stop or extremely difficult pace. Add the real money AH and this game turns into one of those iphone/android games where the game isWhat a let down. Game had so much potential but once you hit inferno the blacksmith has it right when he says "too much work, not enough profit." Can put in weeks worth of gameplay and not get anywhere gear-wise which pretty much puts progression at an either stop or extremely difficult pace. Add the real money AH and this game turns into one of those iphone/android games where the game is pretty much impossible without purchasing perks and addons from the developer's ingame store. I'm a retired WoW player who played from vanilla to farming LK in WoTLK and for the longest time loved Blizz. But, now that they ruined the Diablo franchise (my opinion), I don't think I can forgive them. Diablo II saved me while I was in Iraq during down time. I played it on a super old Micron laptop that could barely run it. Loved the crap out of that game. I seriously think this game would of been better off as an iPad game for $9.99. Then the expectations wouldn't of been as high after what, 8 years of planning and development? (could be off on that number) In D2 there was a variety of skill builds that were feasable end game. So far in D3 there's 1 for my inferno act2 barb that works decent and 1 for my inferno act2/3ish wizard. Both are slow kill tanks. Fun times. The one part that gets me the most though is that I found my self playing the damn AH waaaay longer than I was playing the actual game! I'd spend hours browsing page after page for affordable upgrades since you're only allowed to have 3 search attributes and limited sorting. Then if you have a bid on something with less than an hour you don't want to start a game since by the time you get your 5 stacks in Act III you don't want to quit and lose them. That's a broken system in my book. I bought the game for the killing, not to play wannabe Ebay master.

Totally unacceptable from a company as big as Blizz and shame on ActiBlizz. Haven't logged in to D3 in almost a month now and probably won't be going back unless there are HUGE changes including being able to progress in a feasable amount of time without the RMAH and making other skills and builds enjoyable and playable. I give it a 2 instead of a 1 for at the very least giving me the first 30-50 hours of enjoyable gameplay where gear that dropped actually helped me progress. Oh wait, I almost forgot. Nevermind on the 2. I'm giving a 1 instead for forcing me to log in to play a solo game. There is tons of cheating and exploits going on in your game as is so, much good that all worked out huh? Took a 8 hour road trip not that long ago, couldn't play cause mobile hot spot was way too laggy. Guess what I did for those 8 hours. Friggin AH ebay master. Horrible.
  38. Aug 7, 2012
    I enjoy Diablo 3. i know it did not blow us away, but it sure is a hell of alot better than Diablo 2. This is a game i play it to have fun, unlike torchlight 1 which i play when i'm bored out of my mind. Diablo 3 had a great story to, We all know they had little to work with. So they used The lesser evils Belial, and, Azmodan.They made to be always online so that people couldn't installI enjoy Diablo 3. i know it did not blow us away, but it sure is a hell of alot better than Diablo 2. This is a game i play it to have fun, unlike torchlight 1 which i play when i'm bored out of my mind. Diablo 3 had a great story to, We all know they had little to work with. So they used The lesser evils Belial, and, Azmodan.They made to be always online so that people couldn't install it on other computers Like you can with Diablo 2 Expand
  39. Aug 7, 2012
    I would love to give this a zero, but in all honesty the art guys did their job, and the game looks great. But as a sequel to D2, it is a major disappointment. After spending 4+ years of promising the community that this was the best Diablo ever, Blizzard finally released this dumbed down, incomplete, buggy, boring, un-fun abomination. I really don't need to repeat what's wrong with thisI would love to give this a zero, but in all honesty the art guys did their job, and the game looks great. But as a sequel to D2, it is a major disappointment. After spending 4+ years of promising the community that this was the best Diablo ever, Blizzard finally released this dumbed down, incomplete, buggy, boring, un-fun abomination. I really don't need to repeat what's wrong with this game: just go to the BattleNet forums. There are many, many well reasoned posts like this [http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6246475567] outlining the flaws in this game, and some pretty decent fixes proposed by the community. Sadly, Blizzard isn't listening. Equally, the so-called "critics" have failed the community. Only Armchair Empire [http://www.ae-infinite.com/2012/06/review-diablo-iii-pc.html] got it right.

Sorry, I'm not thankful, and I have no plans to buy the expansion unless this is fixed.
  40. Aug 7, 2012
    So.. I just returner from vacation, hadn't much to do so I launched diablo iii to play my lvl 60 monk. I haven' t played diablo for at least 20 days.... and what a surprise: after 10 minutes of playing i was so bored that i quit the game and went to watch some TV. That says all. The game has the most boring and repetitive gameplay ever. You start playing at normal.. way to easy andSo.. I just returner from vacation, hadn't much to do so I launched diablo iii to play my lvl 60 monk. I haven' t played diablo for at least 20 days.... and what a surprise: after 10 minutes of playing i was so bored that i quit the game and went to watch some TV. That says all. The game has the most boring and repetitive gameplay ever. You start playing at normal.. way to easy and boring.. then nightmare .. same here.. hell is a little bit more challenging but you have already defeated diablo 2 times already so is still boring.. Inferno is a complete gear check ( that means you don't need skill to advance but good gear which you can only BUY from auction house unless you want to spend more than 1000 hours playing the same and the same act until you finally get a decent item) BTW i haven 't still found ANY set item until now... Don't buy this game unless you have 60e to throw away (and also plenty of time) Expand
  41. Aug 7, 2012
    Too linear, too repetitive, too limited, one of the worst leveling systems ever. Single player doesn't work offline.
    Problem with servers.
    Total disappointment.

Although it has gone over 10 years since Diablo 2 was released Diablo 3 is worse.
  42. Aug 7, 2012
    This is a mediocre game, by all accounts. HOWEVER, the hype around it with the promise of getting "rich" of the real money auction house has attracted many players looking for an addiction. Blizzard has corrupted their game with what they have learned from WoW. I am sorry, but it seems that all the critics were blind and deaf. This is not a very good game. In a world where we have gamesThis is a mediocre game, by all accounts. HOWEVER, the hype around it with the promise of getting "rich" of the real money auction house has attracted many players looking for an addiction. Blizzard has corrupted their game with what they have learned from WoW. I am sorry, but it seems that all the critics were blind and deaf. This is not a very good game. In a world where we have games like Mass Effect, Dragon Age and Braid/Limbo/that great indie game/ this is a mediocre game looking to get you hooked on loot. Please snap out of it! Expand
  43. Aug 6, 2012
    4/5 (Good) Come on guys, the game is good or at least it's "ok" (3/5), but I understand the negativity around it. Do you remember the FIRST time you played Diablo? and the feeling of reaching yet another "section" of the "main dungeon", where everything was new and dangerous (and you where DEFINITLY closer to hell)? How about the first time you played Diablo 2? I remember playing the DEMO4/5 (Good) Come on guys, the game is good or at least it's "ok" (3/5), but I understand the negativity around it. Do you remember the FIRST time you played Diablo? and the feeling of reaching yet another "section" of the "main dungeon", where everything was new and dangerous (and you where DEFINITLY closer to hell)? How about the first time you played Diablo 2? I remember playing the DEMO where you play the Barb for the first two quests, and think: "Wow, this is... nice!" --- WHERE IS THAT "FEELING" IN D3? It's not there. So the game is good, but is NOT the game we were waiting for. Expand
  44. Aug 6, 2012
    Total disappointment. I was expecting a quality game from Blizzard.
    Total disappointment. I was expecting a quality game from Blizzard.
    The game-play is incredibly boring and dull. Graphics are outdated and un-innovative, gameplay is tedious, the storyline is ridiculously bad and way too short and the character classes simply suck. You cannot modify you characters so apart from their armor they all look the same. The character mechanism have been retooled to the point of irrelevance. Blizzard had eight years to master one of the most anticipated games of all time. But there really is no improvements, and the game-play is cliché: you keep clicking hordes of demons, loot them and gain experience. I know that this is the basic mechanism of RPG's and the original Diablos, but it's just getting old.
  45. Aug 5, 2012
    At first, it was VERY FUN!!!! Ar first i wouldce gave it 9.0 and when PvP 10.0 . BUT!!!!!!!!! It got super boring1
    I want a good story so it gets boring when it gets told so many times. Loot game yeah yeah i dont care it doesnt keep me on the game. Bo r i ng! hahahaha
    I have / had 2 nightmare and 2 normal characters. 7/10. FOR THOSE that like looting like nobodys business and dont care for story ALMOST!!! AT ALL! Then you can like this. It could be awesome awesome game, i bought Collector's Edition
  46. Aug 5, 2012
    This game is really bad. He just leaves out all the good aspects of diablo 2 and make new features that are mediocre at best words. It was really a big disappointment, being a fan of Blizzard. Every faith that placed the company no longer exists now.
  47. Aug 5, 2012
    Diablo 3 launch was a complete failure. The game lags even on good PC, i7-860 with GTX 670 and 8 GBs DDR3 2000 MHZ. The game is dull and very boring. Now I know why a lot of the original developers have been leaving Blizzard. Blizzard no longer provides quality products it once did! This is the crappiest game in the whole series even Diablo 1 is a million times better than this Garbage!Diablo 3 launch was a complete failure. The game lags even on good PC, i7-860 with GTX 670 and 8 GBs DDR3 2000 MHZ. The game is dull and very boring. Now I know why a lot of the original developers have been leaving Blizzard. Blizzard no longer provides quality products it once did! This is the crappiest game in the whole series even Diablo 1 is a million times better than this Garbage! One word to describe Diablo 3 would be Boring! Not only that this game lags a lot and always online DRM does not make anything better. People still cheat, hack and steal! Dear Blizzard close your doors you are done as a developer! I hate Diablo 3 it just pisses me off on so many level. I just gave up on this crappy game and Blizzard! The fun factor of this game is zero so it gets a 0 out of 10 from me. Because I would never play this crap ever again! Expand
  48. Aug 5, 2012
    Most disappointing game I have ever played. I cannot recommend this game in its current state. Its fun going from level 1-60, but the end-game is the most terrible idea in gaming yet. The game engine purrs and combat is fun. I even enjoy the new build system. However, in the end the game feels like a scam. Every patch that has come out since release has made the game worse. You use to beMost disappointing game I have ever played. I cannot recommend this game in its current state. Its fun going from level 1-60, but the end-game is the most terrible idea in gaming yet. The game engine purrs and combat is fun. I even enjoy the new build system. However, in the end the game feels like a scam. Every patch that has come out since release has made the game worse. You use to be able to find gear when you opened a chest but now that doesn't happen. You used to be able to die without paying ridiculously high repair costs, but now the game is nearly unplayable unless you farm for hours a day for gold or buy gold using real money in the RMAH (real money auction house). The drop rate of items is based of the AH(auction house with in game gold)/RMAH, so sometime in the middle of hell mode using the AH becomes nearly mandatory. By the time you get to inferno mode you MUST use the AH to progress, because the drop rates are abysmal. In inferno mode, with a level requirement of 60, monsters will most often drop gear less than 60 that is useless. The gear that is level 60 normally has useless stats that no one would ever want. People who succeed in this game use exploits in-game or in the AH. The game itself is filled with boters who exploit the AH and farm for gold. This makes gold prices on the AH ridiculously high, and making the game nearly unplayable for the average player. The abysmal drop rates, combined with the high repair costs all point players to the RMAH. The drop rate issue, along with the repair costs, and the RMAH have ruined the end-game. The game feels pay-to-win and this will only get worse once PVP is released (there is NO PVP currently) when people will pay $1000.00 to deck out their characters. The game feels more like a scam for your money than a form of entertainment. All my friends who were playing on release who have stopped playing. Besides all of the above reasons, cooperative (co-op) play is discouraged in the end-game as well. Even though its easy to join a game with your friends the massive HP boost the monsters get (110% per player joining) makes it more efficient to play solo. They used to get a massive damage boost too (which made it absolutely impossible to play co-op) luckily they removed that. However, there is a five buff limit in the game which a person could reach easily on solo mode. This means that the buffs you're friends give you will either cancel out a buff you wanted to have or have no effect. Likewise, any public game you join in inferno mode will 99% of the time end up facing a nearly impossibly randomly generated elite pack and thus dying over and over again... again increasing repair costs and making you farm lower content for gold to continue playing or paying real money for gold. There are more reasons I have no included like lack of PVP, consistent lag issues, no off-line mode, lack of customization, and lack of real randomization but I'll stop here. Basically, this game feels like a $60 scam to try to rip you off of more of your money. I have no confidence that they will improve the game. Look into other forms of entertainment for your $60. This is not the sequel to Diablo 2 we have been waiting for; It is the most disappointing game of 2012. Expand
  49. Kyo
    Aug 5, 2012
    Diablo 3 is not a bad game, it has good graphics, fun gameplay especially in multiplayer, and a good atmosphere. At first this game is really epic I really got into it, and after the first cutscene man I had the chills, but it dies down after act 2 or the middle of act 2. I like the classes and how each one is individual and different, from voodoo magic, traps and crossbows, powerfulDiablo 3 is not a bad game, it has good graphics, fun gameplay especially in multiplayer, and a good atmosphere. At first this game is really epic I really got into it, and after the first cutscene man I had the chills, but it dies down after act 2 or the middle of act 2. I like the classes and how each one is individual and different, from voodoo magic, traps and crossbows, powerful punches, and brutally killing everything with a giant axe. The talent trees are not that great they lack customization and kind of make you character all over the place with different skills, I would have loved to be a fire Mage for instants (No fireball spell? Really!?). That doesn't mean the skills were not cool, they felt awesome to use even if some were useless. The story is really nothing to look forward to, some plot points will really piss you off , and some would just be 'meh" nothing epic when it should have been. I got 1 character to Hell mode then stopped there feeling Diablo'ed out and haven't really touched it since, but i know I will play it again eventually. The game was fun when it lasted, and I don't regret having it in my collection. Expand
  50. Aug 5, 2012
    Reading other reviews that call this game a "triumph" makes me wonder if the reviewer even played the game. At any rate, I played the original Diablo and also Diablo 2 and I can say for certain that this game has none of the dark atmosphere of the first, and none of the enjoyable gameplay of the second. It pretty much feels like WoW ported to the ARPG genre. Here are some highlights:Reading other reviews that call this game a "triumph" makes me wonder if the reviewer even played the game. At any rate, I played the original Diablo and also Diablo 2 and I can say for certain that this game has none of the dark atmosphere of the first, and none of the enjoyable gameplay of the second. It pretty much feels like WoW ported to the ARPG genre. Here are some highlights: 1)Always-On DRM was supposed to protect us from hacking and exploits, which did neither. 2)Auction House feels mandatory since it's next to impossible to gear up for inferno based on drops in game. 3)Drops in general are terrible. Most Legendary items are laughable. 4)Enrage timers and gear checks in an ARPG (these things really only belong in an MMO) 5)Limited character builds and uninspired skills. 6)Various fixes implemented to combat the people exploiting the game that ended up punishing the legit players. Very disappointing for such a highly anticipated game. Expand
  51. Aug 4, 2012
    Most of the credit I give this game is for being true to it's heritage.

I love the way the graphics are made, the way the music is tied to the older games in the series, and the way the story is told. The sad part is that the gameplay is really not that entertaining. It's the old games in a prettier wrapping. I played my main character through to the last act on nightmare, and got
    Most of the credit I give this game is for being true to it's heritage.

The sad part is that the gameplay is really not that entertaining. It's the old games in a prettier wrapping. I played my main character through to the last act on nightmare, and got bored with the repetitive gameplay. Haven't really looked at it any more after that.
  52. Aug 4, 2012
    Horrible game combine with horrible customer service. The only fun thing about D3 is the forum, but even the mods are banning people left and right just for complaining about the game.
  53. Aug 4, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. esse jg e totalmente legal, n e injuativo como os outros a pocas classes claro mais n deixa de ser um bom jg point click . ele se iguala muito aos outros diablos 2 e 1 mais há muitas coisas q mudam.. Expand
  54. Aug 3, 2012
    If you enjoy games with a terrible story and annoying dialog, Diablo 3 is what you want.
    Diablo 3 has the diablo title but not the diablo feeling. Diablo 3 should have been named Diablo 1.5, because Diablo 3 offers very little improvement over Diablo 2. Diablo 3 has little to no communication between players, no depth, no story and no pvp or feelings of danger and evil. When you've completed the first difficulty you will soon find yourself bored with having to listen to the terrible dialog again and again and the same boring quests with no reward. Did i mention that theres no pvp or competition of any sort? Something that a game like this desperately needs in order for people to have fun.

Diablo 3 looks and sounds allright and thats about it. I made a 60 Euro mistake.
  55. Aug 3, 2012
    The perfect example of how games are going. Less content, no thought process needed from players (removed skill point allocation) and more ways for the company to rake in more cash without having to actually do anything (real money auction house). You are forced to play online and have no way at all to have a bit of privacy from your friends as it will show everyone that has you on theirThe perfect example of how games are going. Less content, no thought process needed from players (removed skill point allocation) and more ways for the company to rake in more cash without having to actually do anything (real money auction house). You are forced to play online and have no way at all to have a bit of privacy from your friends as it will show everyone that has you on their list when you are online without offering you any way of discreetly playing without them knowing. How something as simple as an "appear offline" button was left out of a game that makes you log on every time you want to play is beyond my understanding and just causes me to believe even more that the developers truly didn't give a rats a@# about any of their players and just pushed this out for some quick, easy cash.

Honestly, they put in great effort in to their cut-scene animations but everything else just feels lazy.

Profit at the expense of everything and everyone else.
  56. Aug 2, 2012
    Diablo III wasn't like the previous sequel which made me disappointed - a lot. D3 is much more simpler than D2 which made the game less enjoyable, I bet a huge part of D3 players agreed with me. I smelled a rat that the in-game fun factor was a little interfered with some blizzard's monkey businesses. But I'm sure enough if the game were sold at USD 10 instead of 60 , it would be more worth it.
  57. Aug 2, 2012
    Too many nerfs and the auction house killed the game. Blizzard could just sll you any items they want throught the real money auction house and control the economy of it. Thank you Activision!
  58. Aug 2, 2012
    Having clocked 500+ hrs into this game I'm beginning to see the shortcomings of it.
    The game is ok up to a certain point. All the annoying stuff from D2 has been removed more or less effectively, but has resulted in the birth of new and worse problems.
    The skillsystem is great, and the removal of manual statpoint allocation doesn't ruin the game, in my opinion. The story is ok, but could have been so much better.
    The gameplay follows the well known recipe from D2. Battle is fast paced and sometimes hectic, especially in the later difficulties.
    But the game fails on two very critical points - item drops and endgame.
    Good loot is hard to come by, by farming and when you happen to get a rare or legendary drop, it's usually worthless. When you've finally given up on farming loot because it's no fun, the interest in the game drops like a rock. That's when you might go to the AH for gear upgrades......and by doing that you lower your chances for decent drops even further....which again might make you go to the AH.
    It's a death spiral of boredom when you hit that point.

As far as endgame...well once you've hit the level cap there's really not much more to do but farm gear.
    And since farming for good gear is like searching for water in a desert, it'll soon stop being fun.

Basicly, the drop system, the AH and the level cap combined secures that the game stops being fun.
    This game can only be saved by buffing the drops significantly, removing the AHs, and removing the level cap, because once you hit 60 it becomes a repetitive wandering in circles with close to ZERO reward for your time.
  59. JPP
    Aug 2, 2012
    Diablo 3 = Pay to Win! Bli$ard you got it ... :(

Portugues:

A Blizard com sua ganancia conseguiu acabar com o melhor jogo ja produzido. Infelizmente é uma triste realidade. Diablo 3 virou um joguinho de Facebook. Quanto mais você gastar (além do que se paga pelo jogo) melhor você vai ficando.

D3 = PAY TO WIN!
  60. Aug 2, 2012
    I want to put 10 for the quality of the videos. It seems that only these guys have done a good job. Unfortunately I can not put even one point in the game because I was very disappointed. Game remade 11 years and every year it got worse until it turned into an arcade. Diablo series was not supposed to die as a Commercial Product.
  61. Aug 2, 2012
    well ill tell you where blizzard can jam this game...
    for the last 4-5 afternoons i have farmed act 1 with 270MF for about 8 hours per day.
    in this time i have found 1 sellable pair of gloves. even with my magic find gear i still have 100k dps (ss DH) and chew thru it very quickly. so i have literally id'd hundreds of yellows. Amazing the level 52-53 items that drop also... Even
    well ill tell you where blizzard can jam this game...

Even threw in a few inferno whimsy runs with a friend. Thanks blizzard, i got the hamburger thing for my troubles. I have 100 hours on barb, 100 hours on DH and around 5200 elite pack kills, i dont plan to add one more hour to that until, well until ever because this game sucks. Sure i got my monies worth if you compare cost vs hours played but seriously what a joke of a release this game is. Farming inferno constantly for a ZOMGFTWBBQWTF set or ledgendary item to drop and relise it is utter **** along with all of their "rare" counterparts.

0 Friends online all afternoon, used to be 10+ per day. This is not just real life friends but also randoms met in public games that i have regularly played with. I look at last time logged on and most of them have not been on in days...

PvP will not rescue this game, of course we will return out of curiosity and then see what an even bigger joke that is compared to the rest of the game and quit again.

Anyone who wants to buy some amazing DH dps gear and barb tank gear drop me a line coz thats it for me.

Edit: and that 1 decent item i found.. price it however i like on the AH it never sells, just like everything else. anyone apart from bots use the AH?... o wait we all have to, thats how the game was designed.
  62. Aug 2, 2012
    I gave this game a 3 for the effort. It's not unplayable. I've played a lot of it and there are moments where it's fun, and those are the moments where you get Diablo 2 nostalgia. But unfortunately they get further and further apart the longer you play. The drop rate is just bad. You can play hundreds of hours on a character and not be able to get a single usable good drop. Your onlyI gave this game a 3 for the effort. It's not unplayable. I've played a lot of it and there are moments where it's fun, and those are the moments where you get Diablo 2 nostalgia. But unfortunately they get further and further apart the longer you play. The drop rate is just bad. You can play hundreds of hours on a character and not be able to get a single usable good drop. Your only option is farm for gold and buy from the Auction House (or the Real Money Auction House).

Once you play your first time through, you will get the realisation that the game was designed with the Auction House in mind (which, by the way, has a rather limited search capability).

The gameplay itself is initially fine, in normal mode. You feel like a powerful hero stomping through enemies. As you progress to the difficulties, your hero becomes more and more of a wimp as you'll find it extremely difficult to kill things before they kill you. What happened? That just means you need to find time for several farming sessions to gather enough gold so you can buy your next item upgrade from the auction house.

Lastly, I'd like to comment on the story. Sure, some of the cutscenes are impressive and up to Blizzard's standards but then you realise you can't skip them by default. You have to manually skip each and every one of them. While I can forgive the simplistic plot (you don't expect a great story), I cannot forgive the horrible dialogue and script. The majority of the script is poorly written. The NPCs say the darndest things! They tell you what just happened (when you were the one who caused it to happen). They tell you what they did (when you arrived and already know). They tell you what they're going to do (when you will go there next and find out anyway). Some of the lines are very amateurish - I do not believe that the lines were written by a professional story writer. Also, the amount of sexual innuendo is irked me. I'm not a prude, but it feels juvenile to reuse it for so many NPCs in so many situations.

In conclusion, Diablo 3 is a decent game, if it were cheaper. The game lacks polish. Everything from minor display bugs to silly dialogue lines. And a final word to potential players: Beware the customer support and community support. They are definitely not a forthcoming and helpful bunch. Google around for Diablo 3 customer support horrors.
  63. Aug 1, 2012
    Auto-stats. Auto-skills. Auto-pickgold. 2/3 of skills are useless. Intese rubberbanding (because of blizzard servers theres a % that when u move u get "magically teleported" a few meters back). Most legendary items are beaten by rares. Items get random stats so what happens is that 99% of your drops will be worth nothing. Theres a % that you wont be able to play hardcore because of the lagAuto-stats. Auto-skills. Auto-pickgold. 2/3 of skills are useless. Intese rubberbanding (because of blizzard servers theres a % that when u move u get "magically teleported" a few meters back). Most legendary items are beaten by rares. Items get random stats so what happens is that 99% of your drops will be worth nothing. Theres a % that you wont be able to play hardcore because of the lag you get depending on were you live (australia gets 200ms). Its easy to get to lvl 60 and thats the max level. Theres no motivation to level up. Theres no wondering arround having fun, its all about how much gold u can farm per hour. Max 4 players in a game and the monsters scaling makes inferno easyer if you play solo. The maps are smaller than in d2. Theres no ladder. What happens is that the only way to progress inferno is buying items with gold from the auction house. You get gold by farming. Farming gold is boring. Browsing the auction house for an upgrade in your gear is boring. The auction house "search" for items is horrible and tedious. Diablo 3 is repetitive, boring, unfixable, short and not worth 10 dollars. Thank you jay wilson Expand
  64. Aug 1, 2012
    When you finally find out that the game was built around the auction house, then you understand why it is boring.

Difficulty and itemization are designed in a way to push you to the auction house where you can buy stuff for real money. Blizzard gets a 30% cut on all transactions so they WANT you to use it. Beside this major flaw, the game also removes the fun parts of an ARPG : 4

Beside this major flaw, the game also removes the fun parts of an ARPG : 4 players max par game but the incentive to play multiplayer games is not there anyway, boring items, most of the skills are useless, no large group of monsters that can be easily killed and last but not least, spell damage are based on your MELEE weapon damage !

Probably the biggest disappointment of the last 5 years.
  65. Aug 1, 2012
    A lot of money was spent on this 'Arcade RPG' and 0 is an unplayable mess and I rate this game a 0 because:

Most Clicked this game is playable one hand with your eyes closed. This is a Zero because it isn't a game.

It is an experiment. A meta test on gold selling, auctions worth real money, and loot grinding. Please don't let games become Casinos online RPG....
  66. Aug 1, 2012
    I gave them a score of 1.
    and that just because of the graphics and smooth action/walking part.
    the rest sucks big time in this game. i do not recommend it to anybody. they just want to fill their pockets with money. blizzard agreed with activision and turned to greed over fun. this comes from a 15 year long EX blizzard fan who played every single blizzard game untill now. I'm is
    I gave them a score of 1.
    and that just because of the graphics and smooth action/walking part.

blizzard agreed with activision and turned to greed over fun.

I'm is realy dissapoined how they destroyed the legacy by giving us this HALF completed dumbed down game.

i repeat: YOUR NOT SMART IF YOU BUY IT!!!
    if you like repeating the same 5 inches of the game for 10000 hours, have fun.
  67. Aug 1, 2012
    In a nutshell - DIABLO 3 is garbage !! I waited 10 plus years for this game to be released and now that it has I won't be playing it anymore. Don't get me wrong I gave it a chance at close to 200 hours of game play. During that time I managed to find 3 Legendary items that were trash and not even useable. My lvl 57 Barb is always under equipped and I could never even find items to balanceIn a nutshell - DIABLO 3 is garbage !! I waited 10 plus years for this game to be released and now that it has I won't be playing it anymore. Don't get me wrong I gave it a chance at close to 200 hours of game play. During that time I managed to find 3 Legendary items that were trash and not even useable. My lvl 57 Barb is always under equipped and I could never even find items to balance him through the auction house. I am sorry that it took me so long to realize just how sh@tty this game really is. The game looks like a clone of Guild Wars and the weapon situation is just as disappointing . I am now another use- to- be Blizzard fan and I WILL NEVER support them with another purchase !! I could go on and on but everyone seems to know exactly what makes this game Sh!t so I won't waste my time and yours !! [elite boss powers --- Jailer, vortex, desecrator, fast ??? WTF !!! boss example Wasps !!! What a joke !! Peace I'm out looking for a better game. Expand
  68. Jul 31, 2012
    After 2 months i'm finally over it. I'm not sad, angry and disappointed at a rate, where i should not write a review at all. First thing to mention are the awesome CGIs. That's everything positive to say about D3.
    If you're a big fan of Diablo 1 and 2 you start wondering after 3-5h of gaming. The dark, depressing and scaring atmosphere of D2 and especially D1? Gone. Good, fitting backgroundmusic? Gone. Nice and "realistic" graphic which would be appropriate for this era, like it was back in 2000 with D2? Gone. Replaced by unimaginative ugly and unfitting comic-graphics. Well, graphic is not everything, but the atmosphere is totally destroyed.
    Now to the important part: Gameplay!
    Well D3 is no Diablo-Game anymore at all. It is simplified and plain **** No more skillpoints to spend, not even stat-points. Everybody gets the same amount of stats and, depending on your class, the same skills. Most skills and runes are useless and you never ever use them. You just stick to the skills which work best like forever. While you're leveling you won't find ANY good item, like in D2, where you found LVL 60 legendaries while being 48. You only level up to reach LVL 60 and start farming inferno like braindead. You don't farm sets nor legendaries, because they're useless crap, but yellows with rare-stats. But you won't find them at all. Pretty motivating that you dont even gain XP anymore isn't it? What did D2 make a good game and why isn't it implemented in D3? The possibility to create a "unique" character, to have choices, and also to be able to completely choose the wrong skills and start from the beginning. And of course the itemsystem.
    I'm not willing to mention every single screwed up decision and gameplay-detail, it would take like ages.
    Diablo III is definitely the greatest disappointment in my life as a gamer. They couldn't have make it worse. It's a disaster and a shame how they screwed up the sequel of Diablo 2. It is a trash-hack n slay with "Diablo 3" printed on it, nobody would play this for more than four hours if it wasn't for the name. I can not understand why the heck there're people defending it and saying it's a good game. They must be around 12 years old and never have played ANY good game, especially not Diablo 1 nor 2.

Well i think i'm still pretty pissed by this abomination. Last Blizzard-game i bought.
  69. Jul 31, 2012
    This game is intended to be one thing. The best dungeon crawler for PC. I do not feel that it fell short of that order. However, dungeon crawlers have not been as popular in recent years, that is why there aren't as many of them. In addition, the people that I believe this game is intended for, are gamers that are more prone to retro and classic gaming. The younger generationsThis game is intended to be one thing. The best dungeon crawler for PC. I do not feel that it fell short of that order. However, dungeon crawlers have not been as popular in recent years, that is why there aren't as many of them. In addition, the people that I believe this game is intended for, are gamers that are more prone to retro and classic gaming. The younger generations definately do not have the appreciation for the amount of work that these works of art take. Try playing what was out there 15-20 years ago. See how far we have come. But not to become sidetracked, I must address another very important element of the game and that is balance. The game is so refined, you can tell that they worked tirelessly to make a game that would provide for a lot of continuous play. I myself leveled up two characters, 1 monk and 1 wizard to the high 50's. However, at this point it became very very difficult. That is the reason why I made the Wizard. This would be the only downside that for many is an upside, which is the difficulty. I believe that a little more of a gradient curve is needed concerning difficulty so that players do not give up. Because one thing is for sure in the video game world, if you put down a game for more than 2 weeks there is a good chance that you won't be playing it much more in the future. Thats just the simple truth. Would I recommend this game? Of course, Dollar for Dollar I still don't think that there is a better purchase for lovers of classic dungeon crawling action. I am guilty of buying my cousin and my friend this game for gifts. Needless to say the gifting went over well.
    There is no denying that Blizzard still makes among the most polished games on the market, and I feel that we often come to expect perfection from them which is unrealistic. At some points games cannot live out all your fantasies in life. You have to get up out of the chair and walk outside.
  70. Jul 31, 2012
    For anyone who is purchasing this game out of the reputation of blizzard or Diablo 2 then this is a flat out robbery. That doesn't even get into the aspect that not only do you pay a premium $60 to get in the door but if you don't end up paying more to purchase in game items then you won't be able to beat the final difficulty.

Aside from the disgusting greed related to their real money

Aside from the disgusting greed related to their real money auction house, aka the RMAH, the gameplay has some elements that simply dive off the cliff as well. The storyline is at the level of a child and does not stay true to the original storyline from diablo 1 and 2. For an RPG game you will find ipad games with more customization. The only thing this game has going for it (if it could only drop the baggage of needing to live up to being a diablo game developed by blizzard) is great graphics and effects. But even those are short lived with a small amount of content in a linear storyline play style.
  71. Jul 31, 2012
    seriously rushed with no consideration for its players and the money we spent on the game. i feel like signing up for RMAH just to get my money back. wish i could have my time back though. the item drops since 1.03 have made a days worth of item grind leaving you with nothing. havent seen a legendary or set in over 20 hours of gameplay.
  72. Jul 31, 2012
    Pour ma part j'ai que 60 heures de jeu, je n'avais pas joué à Diablo 2, j'ai fait pas mal le no-life à une époque sur WOW, j'attendais D3 pour tester, je suis déçu.
    J'ai pas pris beaucoup de plaisirs à jouer à Diablo 3, le jeu est assez beau mais sans être incroyable, les cinématiques sont belles, l'histoire et pas très poussée. Le gameplay c'est tu clicks, tu cours, tu clicks, tu cours.
    Il y'a peu de techniques de combat, et si tu veux avancer tu dois t'orrienter vers un Build pas forcément FUN à jouer.
    Je suis bloqué au début ACT4 inferno, j'ai fait environs 40 rushs sur le Boucher & Bellial qui ne m'amusent pas et ne m'ont rien apporté en loot. Et Farm HV ne m'amuse pas non plus. Je vais peut être tester des autres classes pour voir, mais refaire la même histoire, les mêmes quêtes linéaires ne m'enchante guère.

J'ai 32 ans et j'ai commencé à jouer aux jeux vidéos vers 3-4 ans, avec plus de 1'000 jeux sur l'Amiga 500 et ainsi de suite. Je trouve que le monde du jeu vidéo va mal, en tous cas les blockbusters (selon wiki : en anglais « qui fait exploser le quartier ») veulent au final rammasser que du
  73. Jul 31, 2012
    Diablo 3 pails as a successor to Diablo 2 in many gameplay respects, however, I'll overlook most of those for this review. Diablo 3 requires always on Internet presence in order to even play the single player game. This makes lag an issue, and with my closest servers being about a third of the world away from me, the game plays like a slideshow, not matter what system on net connection IDiablo 3 pails as a successor to Diablo 2 in many gameplay respects, however, I'll overlook most of those for this review. Diablo 3 requires always on Internet presence in order to even play the single player game. This makes lag an issue, and with my closest servers being about a third of the world away from me, the game plays like a slideshow, not matter what system on net connection I run it on. Always on DRM is not fun, and has not prevented cheaters and scammers on the auction houses or in the game, and don't get me started with the level of discourse in the forums. I would say this is an average action game at best, if you removed the online components (which seems impossible without a complete redesign), or the worst Internet game ever made if you can't. Would not recommend any Blizzard products in the future based on this. Expand
  74. Jul 31, 2012
    I give this a 4 points score. Why ?
    1) The story is toooooo obvious.
    2) The technical issues, (error 37, disconnection in European Realms, lag, stuttering because hard drive trouble) are too numerous. I have the feeling to play in a beta test stage. 3) Then, permanent connection requirement, drop rate stupid, and looting table are just not balanced for that kind of game. EVERYTHING is
    I give this a 4 points score. Why ?
    1) The story is toooooo obvious.
    3) Then, permanent connection requirement, drop rate stupid, and looting table are just not balanced for that kind of game. EVERYTHING is designed to use the AH ... This is ruining the game in my opinion.

I have tried to rise 5 kind of characters. 3 of them are already 60 capped. My main feeling is that i am looting things this is needed for a class when i am using an opposite one. Once again, this is frustrating.

I am truly disappointed by Blizzard choices, and in the future i will consider their next games with a lot of care before buy or not it. To my eye, Blizzard is no more a good game maker. Just a business company with the following goal : make sure that people is addicted and make the maximum profit thanks to that kind of players.
  75. Jul 30, 2012
    Ah product where all the work is for the ah.
    i doesn't deserve the "name" game.
    In the past, blizzard was Blizzard. Today, it's just a common company which is selling videogames because it gives more money than a broom.
    Biggest disappointment in my gamer's life.
  76. Jul 30, 2012
    I got lots of fun out of this, playing hardcore and only hardcore. But after round about 500 hours i cannot find any motivation to even log in.
    Now, that is an aweful lot of time. So the game can't be bad, can it ?
    No, but it could've been on hell of an uber-game with some little tweaks. If they had only realized, what made D2 so succesful in the first place, like diversity in builds,
    Now, that is an aweful lot of time. So the game can't be bad, can it ?

No, but it could've been on hell of an uber-game with some little tweaks.
    If they had only realized, what made D2 so succesful in the first place, like diversity in builds, no stupid free respecc, no real hard lvl cap, smart itemization and the list could go on for quite some time.
    Everything here is just way too simplified to be fascinating in the long run.
    Bummer.
  77. Jul 30, 2012
    Diablo 3 is a mediocre hack and slash game with little to no character customization and an insultingly short campaign offering nothing out of the ordinary. Neither the gameplay nor the presentation brings anything new to the table, if anything the game brings less then you would expect from a hack and slash game since the game is devoid of any kind of pvp or characters customization thatDiablo 3 is a mediocre hack and slash game with little to no character customization and an insultingly short campaign offering nothing out of the ordinary. Neither the gameplay nor the presentation brings anything new to the table, if anything the game brings less then you would expect from a hack and slash game since the game is devoid of any kind of pvp or characters customization that we have come to expect from the genre. The fact that i completed the entire campaign in a day with my friends could be forgiven if 10 hours it took was quality time. But no, the level design is pretty generic except for a few impressive backgrounds and a big part of the main quest feels like filler if anything. So in the end what you get from Diablo 3 is a mediocre action rpg with one of the worst drms i have ever had the misfortune to use. There is some serious problems when i cant advance in my single-player campaign because of stressed out blizzard servers. Stay away from this one. The sound-effects is pretty good though, i give them that. Expand
  78. Jul 30, 2012
    After a couple of month of playing I have to re-review the game. Total score 5. The game is the least fun of the 3 games of the saga, with very poor plot - linear and very simple game mechanics - decent graphic - decent music (nothing extraordinary) - very short story. In summary nothing to compare to its predecessors. In a view month it became tedious.
  79. Jul 30, 2012
    After 200 hours of playing, I extremely disapointed bye that game. Big fan of the number 1 and 2, this opus is just made for let Blizzard earn more money with the auction house. All the spirit of the serie is broken with that game and the communication of blizzard is awfull...
  80. Jul 30, 2012
    The game that will have caused me to boycott all future Blizzard products, whereas I bought all of them + expansion packs since Warcraft 1 : - Underdimensioned network infrastructure at start while Blizzard knew it : they did not want to invest too much in infrastructure thinking of the fact that some people would leave after a few months
    - Hidden DRM with the obligation of playing online
    - Hidden DRM with the obligation of playing online while playing alone - hence making hardcore mode subject to disconnections
    - Obligation of buying a Blizzard Authenticator to take part to the RMAH : hidden cost that wasn't stated at the beginning
    - Awful communication from a company who clearly have seen its level of attention for the community with the increase of its bank account.

I planned to buy heart of the swarm + mists of pandaria, my money will now go to smaller and independent game companies who care for their customers.
  81. Jul 30, 2012
    Que dire sur Diablo 3 ?
    Un jeu qui avait des possiblités et dont certains espèrent qu'il en a encore.
    Il faut dire que le jeu avait pas mal de qualité : license diablo, d'assez bon graphismes, une ambiance pas trop mal, des sorts sympas, 5 perso assez différents. Mais passé les 10 premières heures de jeu, le charme commence à
    Que dire sur Diablo 3 ?
    Un jeu qui avait des possiblités et dont certains espèrent qu'il en a encore.

Mais passé les 10 premières heures de jeu, le charme commence à s'estomper.

Arrivé en cauchemar, les mobs ne lootent plus rien, en enfer, c'est pire et en armagedon, c'est juste risible.

Le petit quelque chose qui faisait que le farm était gratifiant dans la série diablo n'est plus. On en est réduit à farmer de l'or. Il y a bien plus de déception que d'excitation à identifier un objet. Et je ne parle même pas de la quasi déception de droper un item épique. Quant aux items de set, n'en ayant jamais dropé, je ne peux pas vraiment dire quel sentiment cela inspire ...

Les loots ne suivent pas la progression du personnage ce qui rend l'HV obligatoire si on ne veut pas très vite s'ennuyer. Toute leur stratégie est malheureusement basée sur cet HV qui induit un drop rate très bas et des items totalement incohérents. Mais sans ce système, l'HV regorgerait de trop bons items et n'aurait pas de sens ... L'HV a donc pourri le jeu et le plaisir de farmer.

Autre problème de taille selon moi, ce sont les maps presque vides ... Il m'arrive très souvent de parcourir 20, 30 sec de la map non découverte sans croiser un seul monstre. Et quand on en trouve, ce sont de **** packs de grand maximum une dizaine de monstres. En voir plus à l'écran nécessite un event. Jouant barbare dps, c'est un peu frustrant de rencontrer si peu de monstres.

Bien sur la réalisation remplie de bug, les lags, les retours arrière, les cheats, les exploits, les patchs dignes d'un jeu non testé préalablement n'arrangent pas vraiment le tableau noir du lancement ... Bref, voila, ce jeu en lui même ne mériterait certainement pas un 3/10 s'il n'avait pas été un diablo. Mais vendre un jeu sous une license implique forcemment d'être jugé par rapport à celle-ci. J'attendais bien mieux de diablo 3, je regrette mon achat.
  82. Jul 30, 2012
    This game is a debacle, the obliged focus on the Auction House exponentially increased the effect of the early bugs & cheats, destroying the economy and the Game. The content is VERY limited for a license of such importance and 4 levels of difficulty add just to the "repetitive side" of it. Also, limiting the progress of the character so early kills the interest.
  83. Jul 30, 2012
    Diablo III will remain for me as a potential great game, but a complete fail in fact.
    Transformer's scenario seems good in comparison. I know this is an HnS, but why so bad? Visually correct, not ugly and not beautiful.
    Sound effects are great. Explosion, damages are really impressive. For the music
  84. Jul 29, 2012
    I made an account just to review this steaming pile of S*** of a game. I started playing a few weeks after release, unfortunately I had pre-ordered and was out of the country during launch. I knew the problems people were having but it was too late for my wallet. Well I didn't have too much of the error 37. But wth, this game is so boring, the gameplay is stale, it has hardly anyI made an account just to review this steaming pile of S*** of a game. I started playing a few weeks after release, unfortunately I had pre-ordered and was out of the country during launch. I knew the problems people were having but it was too late for my wallet. Well I didn't have too much of the error 37. But wth, this game is so boring, the gameplay is stale, it has hardly any replay-ability. And the auction house absolutely ruins everything, you are wed to it now. There is no reasonable way to progress the higher levels with the AH. Blizzard whored themselves out to cash in on all us devoted fans. 11 years to make this pile of trash! Seriously, if was near Blizzard studios, I would love to just throw my damn boxed edition through a window. Please save your damn money, go get something on steam, at least Valve seems to still do right by gamers. And seriously wtf with the 'Metascore' or score based on Critic reviews, the only useful thing about your website is the fact that users/players can give their score. Either most of these critics are in bed somehow with some gaming companies and favorably review them, or you haven't got a damn clue as to what gamers think, they've missed so wide of the mark on so many of their reviews that I don't think the critic reviews are worth a damn Expand
  85. Jul 29, 2012
    It's a true Diablo game but that's really it's only redeeming quality. The combat has a great "Diablo" feel but quickly becomes repetitive. Subsequent playthroughs on higher difficulties are challenging but not as much fun. On Inferno difficulty some of the champion creature packs are literally unbeatable even with the best gear. If you run into one with certain combinations of attributesIt's a true Diablo game but that's really it's only redeeming quality. The combat has a great "Diablo" feel but quickly becomes repetitive. Subsequent playthroughs on higher difficulties are challenging but not as much fun. On Inferno difficulty some of the champion creature packs are literally unbeatable even with the best gear. If you run into one with certain combinations of attributes you have to exit the game and restart the quest and pray the next lot won't be as ridiculous. Seriously! That's not good game design. Also, some of the poor dialog left me feeling a little let down. The constant over-the-top monologuing by the villains leaves you thinking you are watching a bad anime cartoon and in Act IV Diablo gets a weird metro-sexual accent that leaves him sounding more like a dandy-boy than a bad guy. If he had told me my armor was "fabulous" I would not have been surprised. Very un-Lord-of-Terror like. Maybe Princess of Terror would be more fitting. I know there is an explanation in the story for it but it still sounds quite bad.

My biggest disappointment with the game is not really with Diablo 3 itself but in the way Blizzard treats it's customers and their insane security policies. Diablo 3's game description boasts a RMAH (Real Money Auction House) but neglects to inform potential buyers that you MUST have a cell phone with a contract in order to use it unless you just want useless "Blizzard Bucks". You can't even use the "Blizzard Bucks" to pay for Blizzard services like a WoW subscription. That's not real money. That's utterly useless. Pre-paid phones won't work and Blizzard doesn't even maintain the databases that tell them if you have one or not. My phone is on a contract but the number was once on a pre-paid plan years ago (with a completely different carrier no less) and neither carrier claims they can change the database to reflect the contract status. Blizzard hits that database when I try to tie my phone to SMS Protect and blindly assumes I'm lying and simply tells me I'm out of luck unless I buy a new contract with AT&T. Even then it might not work if I get another number with the same problem (extremely common judging by the posts on hundreds of message boards including their own). Their customer service is useless and all but told me outright I was a loser and needed to get a real phone with a contract (IT IS YOU IDIOTS!). Blizzard relying on third party databases that they don't even control for my account security does not give me a warm fuzzy feeling at all. In fact that's about as stupid as you can get and still convert oxygen to carbon dioxide. The ONLY data they need to reference in regards to my account security should be the data I give them when I set up my account and my authenticator. Period.

Overall I am very disappointed with Diablo 3 and Blizzard in general. They used to be a great company with great games but now they have devolved into something seemingly designed to develop trash and alienate their customers.
  86. Jul 29, 2012
    I played this game for a month solid, I got my money's worth. I plan to play it again when they fix witch doctor pets to be viable in inferno and on PVP release. This game has a future. On line support with no monthly fee is awesome.
  87. Jul 29, 2012
    A. There is no off-line game. I understand why Blizzard did it but I don
  88. Jul 29, 2012
    I would give this game no more than a 6. I have played many diablo games and this one was a cluster F starting with the AH debachle which cost me thousands of real life dollars by delaying it. Screw this game.
  89. Jul 28, 2012
    No offline mode, shallow, repetitive. Too many essential features that should be in at launch are "delayed", coming who-knows-when. Trite, hackneyed plot, boring. Nothing of value here.
  90. Jul 28, 2012
    I must say, rarely do I ever pick up a game for $60 and within a few hours put it down and never play it again, simply because it just hurts to much to do such a thing. So I always try and look for a few positives in a game; however, Diablo III is just that bad. I was a huge fan of the first two games in this series, but this game wrecked it...no wait, take that back, obliterated it. ThisI must say, rarely do I ever pick up a game for $60 and within a few hours put it down and never play it again, simply because it just hurts to much to do such a thing. So I always try and look for a few positives in a game; however, Diablo III is just that bad. I was a huge fan of the first two games in this series, but this game wrecked it...no wait, take that back, obliterated it. This is quite possibly one of the worst games I've ever played. It's linear as hell, the story is terrible, the graphics are...I'm not even quite sure you can call those graphics by today's standards...I mean honestly guys, there's pixelation in the character selection screen..., the characters have no appearance customization at all...WTF even WoW has that..., and you get bored of the game before you even get to the point of the game, the loot. But wait...there is no point if you can just buy the loot...I mean WTF Blizzard is this a job or a video game, because I don't remember an interview. I mean hell, even cookie cutter CoD I wouldn't give a zero, at least I get to shoot at **** to ease my pain and frustration from having to play it. Expand
  91. Jul 28, 2012
    I remember playing Diablo 1 & 2 many years ago. These games were stunning, perfectly shaped and will always be some kind of a quality symbol for me. I've waited for Diablo III for a long, long time, to be honest - ever since I've finished playing D2. When I finally got to play it I was extremely disappointed, to say the least. Tons of problems, infamous Error 37, and all this to find outI remember playing Diablo 1 & 2 many years ago. These games were stunning, perfectly shaped and will always be some kind of a quality symbol for me. I've waited for Diablo III for a long, long time, to be honest - ever since I've finished playing D2. When I finally got to play it I was extremely disappointed, to say the least. Tons of problems, infamous Error 37, and all this to find out that the game is awful. Terrible story, totally screwed up loot, lots of bugs and bad graphics. I can't express how tricked I feel.

This game is by far not worth its name. Maybe our mind would be different if this game was just a no-name, it's still not that bad after all, but this is not an ordinary one - it's descendant of one of the most important series in all time and as such, we had right to expect something much, much better. Shame on you Blizzard!
  92. Jul 28, 2012
    Very good game up till Inferno. Story Sucked major balls bad voice acting Character depth isn't even there you really don't care what happens to them.. End game is just a fat gear grind with Poor loot very poor loot. Graphics are OKAY not top notch but they are a bit pretty the keyword is BIT

Too much of a WoW clone really awful don't buy it.
  93. Jul 28, 2012
    I will not complain: 200 hours of playing were every cent of this game worth. But I have to admit, that everyone who loved D1 or D2, actually will hate this game. It's not because of any graphics, sounds or even the balance. It's simply because of the feeling, being punished for playing. The loot is horrible, some of the monsters are pretty unfair - not difficult to solve - simply justI will not complain: 200 hours of playing were every cent of this game worth. But I have to admit, that everyone who loved D1 or D2, actually will hate this game. It's not because of any graphics, sounds or even the balance. It's simply because of the feeling, being punished for playing. The loot is horrible, some of the monsters are pretty unfair - not difficult to solve - simply just unfair. Won't buy the next Blizzard game for sure, D3 is just a big disappointment. For people who don't know D1 or D2 and don't want to play inferno, it may be a good game but even then just rated a 6, maybe 7. Expand
  94. Jul 28, 2012
    Honestly diablo was a big let down for me, it really felt like blizzard was rushed by the heads of activision to sell this game on time and so they cut corners. it seems like i spent 60$ on a beta.
  95. Jul 27, 2012
    Let me start off by saying that this is NOT a Diablo game. It is a World of Warcraft-ish spinoff in which Blizzard slapped their name on. Avid fans of Diablo1 and D2 need not apply! This game is completely lacking of all/any end-game content. Furthermore, they plan to implement a noncompetitive arena only based PvP system for 4v4s ONLY, which is still months away, and they haven'tLet me start off by saying that this is NOT a Diablo game. It is a World of Warcraft-ish spinoff in which Blizzard slapped their name on. Avid fans of Diablo1 and D2 need not apply! This game is completely lacking of all/any end-game content. Furthermore, they plan to implement a noncompetitive arena only based PvP system for 4v4s ONLY, which is still months away, and they haven't released any plans for any other endgame yet... But they have stated they have some prospects. I wouldn't get my hopes up given their track record since release.

Item grinding, at ridiculously low drop rates (lower than d2), is their current version of endgame and the drop rates have taken into account their RMAH and GAH (real money auction house; gold auction house) systems. What's even worse is that upon the low droprates of say, a legendary, you also have to hope RNG shows you love on property rolls on that item.... For EACH property. With that being said, don't plan on progressing in this game alone.... And with that being said don't plan on playing this game in multiplayer, because the game becomes heavily lopsided so punish multiplayer games, unless you and your team are ridiculously geared and skilled and have plenty of time to waste. Instead of progressing yourself, you will mainly find yourself farming gold, not items, for auction house progression.

The game was released in online mode only to protect the players from botting, hacks, etc but that promise fell through as bots have already ruined the economy and continue to run rampant, exacerbating inflation. Simply put, the online mode only, that is required, only protected Blizzard from people playing with pirated copies instead of protecting all parties involved.

The dev team is very poor about the implementation of fixes, the game is riddled with bugs and exploits from an extremely limited beta testing phase. Truth be told, this game is in a paid beta state and that's me being nice.

To make matter worse, Blizzard upholds their reputation to cater to the general playerbase skill level, so hardcore people and elites need not apply. Inferno mode, the original difficulty intended for "the few skilled and dedicated players" was nerfed less than a month after release. And not a well thought out nerf either, a "everyone can now do this" type nerf. Nerf nerf nerf, that's all this game has been so far. Simply put, this game is fun for maybe 100 hours. Anything more is a job. You can be the judge of if you want to spend 60$ on it for that kind of time. However, past that the game is quite terrible. Other than having nice graphics it has nothing really going for it. It's just a game with multiple WoW systems implemented and a Diablo name stamped on the box (for sales).

DO NOT BUY THIS GAME.
  96. Jul 27, 2012
    Diablo 3, beautiful game, captures the Diablo 2 experience with smoother game and leveling. However, it keeps dropping the connection. Even after opening the ports that they tell you, you may find yourself having to repeat the game OVER and OVER again. Why, in a single player mode game, you need ot be online and subject to disconnects that cause you to repeat a map is beyond me.
  97. Jul 27, 2012
    Apart from always_need_to_be_online issue which is universally known. The game is lack of content, just 15hr of playthrough and nothing surprise in any way. Gameplay had little to no innovation. Auction House made silly gameplay even more silly. I wonder how their spent 12 years to made crap games like this. The price is ridiculous high and Hey ! I don't like it but I don't have the rightApart from always_need_to_be_online issue which is universally known. The game is lack of content, just 15hr of playthrough and nothing surprise in any way. Gameplay had little to no innovation. Auction House made silly gameplay even more silly. I wonder how their spent 12 years to made crap games like this. The price is ridiculous high and Hey ! I don't like it but I don't have the right to sell it at all ! ! not even at 1$. Probably the worst Blizzard product ever. Stay away. Expand
  98. Jul 27, 2012
    Bad uniques, bad set items, no crafted items, no eth items, no jewels, no runes, no charms, no runewords, generally bad loot tables, smith not balanced, juwel guy not balanced, enemies not balanced, kite n run instead of hack n slay gameplay, no gameflow at all between act 1 and 2 inferno, bad balance of classes and skills, no pvp at all, steady serverproblems combined with no offlineBad uniques, bad set items, no crafted items, no eth items, no jewels, no runes, no charms, no runewords, generally bad loot tables, smith not balanced, juwel guy not balanced, enemies not balanced, kite n run instead of hack n slay gameplay, no gameflow at all between act 1 and 2 inferno, bad balance of classes and skills, no pvp at all, steady serverproblems combined with no offline singleplay mode, chat bots, ingame bots, auctionhouse bots, exploiters that made billions and billions of gold worth ten thousands of dollars ruining the auctionhouse market. Take this list. Apply it to a game. Rate the game. Do it honest. Expand
  99. Jul 27, 2012
    Terribly disappointed: the game is too simplistic. Would be ok for 10 year old casual gamers, but I'd like to be able to customize my character, rather than having it auto-level, auto-skill building, auto-upgrading, auto-everything.

For Diablo4, program an option to auto-move, auto-attack and auto-loot, and I'll go have a beer while my computers plays on its own. Besides, Blizzard is

Besides, Blizzard is working much more on their auction house than on improving the quality of the game. Greed everywhere. Bye bye Blizzard, you just lost a customer (several thousands if not millions, actually).

Graphics are good, by the way...
  100. Jul 9, 2012
    Aside from the launch of this game I was really pleased at first, The launch was horrendous if you never herd, but I won't go into that. What I wanted from this game is for it to be a continuation o the diablo series, but what I got was a new game with a different label, "Wack a mole" pay money for a bigger, faster hammer!

They drop rates changed, really good stuff now sucks, because

They drop rates changed, really good stuff now sucks, because it didn't drop in inferno difficulty. I'll stop there because I don't even want to waist my time on this. Really blizzard...panda bears in wow,.. I at least used to play on and off... now its just off; with this latest addition of "Wack a mole HD"

1. Aug 31, 2012