Diablo III PC

4.0

1. Jul 27, 2013
    What can i say in addition to several thousands of negative reviews... This was my biggest disappointment about the game. It'so strange, that such a mastodon in game making as blizzard released such shallow, boring to the death game. I can remember how i replayed part 1 for quite a few times with joy. This one, however, took me some willpower to complete. I was just curious, if it's goingWhat can i say in addition to several thousands of negative reviews... This was my biggest disappointment about the game. It'so strange, that such a mastodon in game making as blizzard released such shallow, boring to the death game. I can remember how i replayed part 1 for quite a few times with joy. This one, however, took me some willpower to complete. I was just curious, if it's going to be better closer to the end. But no. Hell, even such relatively poor titles as Torchlight, Titan quest and Neverwinter are more addictive. Even god forsaken Hellgate london. And that game is terrible. Shame on blizzard. If i could only take my money back, i definitely would. Expand
  2. Jul 26, 2013
    Having been an avid Blizzard Fan for many years, as well as trying out literally dozens upon dozens of other games. I can safely say that Diablo III is a major disappointment. I'll start with the Positives. Graphics are pretty decent, I mean if they were too fancy the game wouldn't run smoothly. and that's pretty much it. Now on with the negatives. It ruined Diablo Lore It severely limitedHaving been an avid Blizzard Fan for many years, as well as trying out literally dozens upon dozens of other games. I can safely say that Diablo III is a major disappointment. I'll start with the Positives. Graphics are pretty decent, I mean if they were too fancy the game wouldn't run smoothly. and that's pretty much it. Now on with the negatives. It ruined Diablo Lore It severely limited character customization
    Item affixes were severely limited, others have mentioned this as well. I actually did the math and you're getting something like 70 less item affixes than you did in Diablo 2. Even the gems are simplified to the point where all you get is your main stat. This further limits character customization.

Some of the Elite monsters were so stupidly overpowered that it was nearly impossible to pass them in a dungeon without dying 20 times in a row. You lost gold doing this, and with the new changes to how repairs work, many players were without gold for quite some time.. unless of course they went to the RMAH. This was even more of a problem when most characters had to build incredibly tanky to stay alive, but lacked damage output to kill these monsters, putting them into a frenzy state where they pretty much started 2-3 shotting you(more damage in frenzy)

Boss Fights were ridiculously easy compared to the elite monster fights, Not even kidding here.

The game in general has been dumbed down, simplified for the casual masses, The fact that it's coming to the consoles supports this. It's not necessarily a bad thing, but when the majority of the player base was expecting a true successor to diablo and diablo 2, This wasn't meeting their expectations. '

The game was quite repetitive. Other games have figured out that having small limited maps is quite boring, Diablo 3 did not seem to get this memo. I understand that it's hard to make maps, but diablo 2 had map generators, which Diablo 3 also has, but it's use is severely limited and often times you only get a handful of slightly different maps. I actually had to ask myself at one point, are these maps really random? or is there just 2-3 different variations that get randomly chosen, This is because during my 4 playthroughs(normal to inferno) I got stuck with the same maps for dungeons more than once.

I mean, I could go on till I used my 5000 characters up, but to me it just seems like Blizzard made a simplified casual hack n slash. They had so much that they could've drawn idea's from, plenty of hack n slash games to look at. What makes them popular, and what makes them boring or repetitive. It seems that even with all this, they decided to not heed any of it, and make a game that gets boring after one playthrough.

Hell, even their answer to the lack of content was the paragon system, Essentially, once you max your level. You level more... But this time it's Paragon levels. This is copy and paste from the blizzard website itself.
    After you hit level 60, any further experience you earn from killing monsters will begin to count toward Paragon levels
    There are 100 Paragon levels
    Every Paragon level will reward you with:

Core stats such as Strength, Dexterity, Intelligence, and Vitality in amounts similar to what you’d gain from a normal level
    3% Magic Find and 3% Gold Find

So instead of adding more actual content, they decided to just add more levels for you to grind, in the same limited content.

I really hope this opens some peoples eyes, the people giving it 10/10 or 8/10, or 9/10 are most likely players that have never experienced the genre before, or have never even played diablo1/2. They may like the game, but there is honestly SO much more that Blizzard could've done with Diablo, but chose not to, Anyone that's not a Casual player would be able to tell you this. You see it on the games forums, and you see it on here in the user reviews.

It gets a 3/10 from me because the graphics are nice, they seem to fit in with the whole Diablo series nicely, and the music is pretty decent as well(still not as good as D2). I also like that they were trying to reach the casual playerbase, just not necessarily how they did it. Mostly because it seems like it's just being done for money. If they improved upon some, or even all of the things I mentioned, I would likely give this game a 7/10 or even 8-9 depending on how well it was done. I bet most other reviewers here would do the same as well.
  3. Jul 26, 2013
    When you see the startling difference between User Review and Critics Review scores, you quickly draw the obvious conclusion: Diablo 3 has no right of existence and has been hyped beyond belief, while delivering a sub-par experience that has not only been riddled with launch and patch problems in the past, but today still suffers from a bad design, extremely limited content and too manyWhen you see the startling difference between User Review and Critics Review scores, you quickly draw the obvious conclusion: Diablo 3 has no right of existence and has been hyped beyond belief, while delivering a sub-par experience that has not only been riddled with launch and patch problems in the past, but today still suffers from a bad design, extremely limited content and too many console-friendly mechanics choices.

Diablo 3 wants to be plug and play for the masses, but that is never the game it was intended to be from part one. Fun for single playthrough on a day off, as eight to nine hours should do the job. Easily. The game does not deserve a single hour more, though.
  4. Jul 25, 2013
    After playing 2500 hrs, I must say... Although the game is 1 year old, the PC version has not been fixed for critical bugs. The game still drop to desktop during fights due to directX errors and lost connects. Most hardcore players are killed permanently due to the poor coding errors. The company lacks in debugging. The coming console versions will fail shortly. Honestly the game isAfter playing 2500 hrs, I must say... Although the game is 1 year old, the PC version has not been fixed for critical bugs. The game still drop to desktop during fights due to directX errors and lost connects. Most hardcore players are killed permanently due to the poor coding errors. The company lacks in debugging. The coming console versions will fail shortly. Honestly the game is frustrating to play. The terrible repetition makes me really sick. Poor game design. The game looks like only for elemental school kids. Expand
  5. Jul 25, 2013
    Among all three (four if you count Drakensang) diablo-ish games, Diablo III, supposedly the 'original title', has to place 3rd or 4th overall. You can argue Drakensang is the worst of the four because of its insane pay to win cash grab, but Diablo 3 is not better by a lot.

The only advantage Diablo III has over TL2 and PoE are: 1) Diablo III has better graphics than TL2 2) Diablo

The only advantage Diablo III has over TL2 and PoE are:

1) Diablo III has better graphics than TL2
    2) Diablo III has better physics effect than PoE

and that's it. TL2 and PoE does better in almost, if not all grounds, and they are much cheaper games.
  6. Jul 22, 2013
    The positive:
    The positive:
    High production quality, extremely well-made low-poly meshes and low-resolution textures, amazing pre-rendered cinematics. Well designed and thought-out experience from start to finish. The hack-and-slash gameplay is fluid, fast-paced, and engaging. Character and class builds make sense, are flexible and easy to understand. The auction house is a structured economy that makes gold an essential liquid commodity.

The negative:
    Is not an appropriate follow-up to it's predecessor in terms of story, atmosphere, or music. Character customization is simple, but not rewarding or interesting. You can only pick a few skills to use, which creates a more restrictive play-style and, while you can experiment with many potential builds on a single character, the builds you can create aren't particularly creative.

Finding loot is usually unexciting because, generally, the best loot for your character is whatever maximizes the stat for maximum DPS. Rares, uniques, and set items drop too infrequently because if they did, their value on the auction house would plummet. While finding loot for many players was arguably one of the main draws in Diablo II, Diablo III lacks this draw because the most efficient and effective way to obtain items is through the auction house. Players end up engaging in finding loot less (again, because good items need to be extraordinarily rare to be valuable on the market), and end up grinding simply to find gold to pay for loot. If Diablo III is supposed to be an evolution of Diablo II, why are players grinding away mindlessly still? At least in Diablo II, if players were grinding, it was to find items instead of gold.

Item crafting (runewords, crafted items, etc.) is also completely missing--socketing gems in order to simply boost stats for DPS isn't the same and it lacks interesting results.

Overall, players are given less choices in what they can do while playing the game, and are forced to focus on monetizing the auction house in order to reap any benefits of having played the game. Rewards are simply proportional to the efficiency of grinding and the strength of a character build is almost entirely based on maximizing DPS.

Aesthetically, the atmosphere is not the same as Diablo II's because it deviates from the austere, dark, horror-gore style and inserts a bit of a cartoonish flare. Overall, the game is colorful, vibrant, and saturated in a way that does not suggest an impending doom or dire circumstances. Animations are over-exaggerated. Dialogue is generally good, however, as well as the voice-acting.

Diablo III might be a better game if it wasn't simply an ultra-polished Diablo II--slimmed and stripped down to its core mechanics to make the experience an exercise in maximizing player rewards. Of course, many players, including myself, criticize Diablo III mostly for not being Diablo II; at the same time, Diablo II is simply a classic, but extremely out-dated game. I think gamers have come to expect more depth in their gameplay instead of the linear grind of Diablo games, and Blizzard should not be afraid to completely overhaul their approach to the franchise in future iterations. Don't try to make a better Diablo II/III, just worry about making a Diablo IV.
  7. Jul 19, 2013
    The worst gaming purchase I've ever made. Besides enforcing draconian DRM without makign a truly connected world, fails to reach the bar raised by its predecessors in the art direction, music, mechanics and story. It's lame narrative, coupled with a purposedly dumbed down control (for console testing), linear gameplay and shallow progression system makes this an incredible disappointingThe worst gaming purchase I've ever made. Besides enforcing draconian DRM without makign a truly connected world, fails to reach the bar raised by its predecessors in the art direction, music, mechanics and story. It's lame narrative, coupled with a purposedly dumbed down control (for console testing), linear gameplay and shallow progression system makes this an incredible disappointing experience. Expand
  8. Jul 19, 2013
    -pay to win
    -stupid storyline (my cat can write a better one)
    -no skill/stat points
    -stupid class choices
    -bad graphics (yes it is bad.)
    **** artwork
    -dumb soundacting
    -retarded bosses
    -moronic followers
    -useless items

+auto picking gold is not a bad idea. congratulations.

made by retards for morons to play. good fuvking job.
  9. Jul 18, 2013
    Most stupid game ever

-Always online DRM
    -Lack of skill diversity
    -Connection errors
    -Short Story
    -Play to win

+Nothing

Really bad game.Don't buy!
  10. Jul 14, 2013
    Una porqueria le dieron en toditita la madre haciendolo online.
    Se requiere de la coneccion a internet forzosa, por lo que es una porqueria, no lo compren. Te clavas en el juego, luego te quitan el internet porque no pagaste, y pues ya chafeaste. 0000
  11. Jul 14, 2013
    One giant pile of garbage. They pretty much destroyed the Diablo Lore and did nothing but create a boring game based on making from the auction house for Blizzard. Possibly the dumbest and biggest failure in video game history. Avoid this game like the plague.
  12. Jul 13, 2013
    Diablo 3 is probably one of the biggest waste of $60 I have spent on a game. The graphics are pretty good with as much going on the screen, but several other factors are absolutely terrible. There is little to no customization of your character, where the game does not allow you to choose stats or the skills you learn and empower them greatly. Also, the story is very bland with one whatDiablo 3 is probably one of the biggest waste of $60 I have spent on a game. The graphics are pretty good with as much going on the screen, but several other factors are absolutely terrible. There is little to no customization of your character, where the game does not allow you to choose stats or the skills you learn and empower them greatly. Also, the story is very bland with one what could be considered a twist at best (I know it is a hack-and-slash, so I'll let this one go). The game play starts out well, but gets boring after putting in 10 hours or so (Farming for gear is just awful, as the boss fights are pretty generic and you have no other reason to get better gear once you beat all 4 modes). Speaking of modes, the design team sounded lazy by trying to provide a full experience with 1/4 of the content by making you play each mode to get to the next one. The release of the game was awful, as it looked it was still in beta and is only now a release-worthy product (if I dare say even that). The critics obviously played the first few hours, if that, and did not think about long-term game and replay value. Oh well...At least now I know not to buy any more Diablo games. Expand
  13. Jul 13, 2013
    Sigh. One of the biggest disappointments of 2012. BUT there is a remedy. Torchlight II. Go buy it. It's on sale on steam for $10 and will literally address every complaint you have with this mess.
  14. Jul 12, 2013
    Dumbed down. No choices that matter. Way more action than RPG. World too small (see Sacred 2). Items and item stats horrible. This is a loot finding game where a normal amount of playtime for a working adult (5 or so hours a week) will take you decades to find interesting items i did'nt say buy...). AH bad idea for those who only want to solo the game and find cool items. Bliz madeDumbed down. No choices that matter. Way more action than RPG. World too small (see Sacred 2). Items and item stats horrible. This is a loot finding game where a normal amount of playtime for a working adult (5 or so hours a week) will take you decades to find interesting items i did'nt say buy...). AH bad idea for those who only want to solo the game and find cool items. Bliz made this for a new (WoW) type of gamer, not a hardcore old-school gamer that wants the thrill of the hunt. Leveling waaay too fast. No runes as objects. Poor customization for items/item upgrades. Stash too small. Unnecessary gold sinks. Items better in Van Helsing, and it's a $15 game! Some people like what they've done... I'm ok with that, but this is now an online focused game that can be played solo. I'd be happy if it was a game that could be played solo without any interaction with anyone or online influence on game design. Always online doesnt bother me, i have good net. It's being forced to play in others sandbox. Expand
  15. Jul 3, 2013
    What can we say about these numbnuts. DRM really SUCKS. DRM really SUCKS. Blizzard is ona hiding to nothing cause they full of numbnuts, cause DRM really sucks
  16. Jul 1, 2013
    not worth the wait and the game is made so little kids can play it
    cool kiddie game you guys are playing hope you enjoy.... i'm hating it.

Torchlight 2 a bit better not much
  17. Jun 30, 2013
    It would be a masterpiece if it was from a small company with 10 workers or something.
    But it's not, it's from Blizzard, it's predecessor is nothing else than Diablo II.
    Unforgivable.
  18. Jun 29, 2013
    The good thing about diablo 3 is the goblin.
    The good thing about diablo 3 is the goblin.
    If they made diablo 2 lod with better graphic i think more would buy that game, than diablo 3. Everything that made diablo 2 good, is now missing, What i miss the most are the rune words, and the skill system. And i never had one decent drop, with over 200 hours gameplay. And yes, i do have mf and a budy of mione gave me items that i only could have been dreaming on getting myslef. I can play monster lvevl 5 all acts easy
  19. Jun 27, 2013
    This game lacks everything that would make people remember and love it's predecessors.

Graphics 7/10 Dark and nice. Nothing wrong with that. Sounds 7/10 No Matt Uelmen but it fits. Gameplay... Oh boy. I could go on and ramble about the weaknesses of this game like everybody did. Instead here are three things Blizzard has to fix in order for the game to make more fun: -Get

Graphics 7/10 Dark and nice. Nothing wrong with that.

Sounds 7/10 No Matt Uelmen but it fits.

-Get rid of the preskilling system. All of it. Skill AND Ability preskilling is the wrong way. Most of the fun in D1 and D2 was character customization. If you simplify it, you take out the fun of the game. Instead, make choice matter.

-Skill damage based on weapon damage. Get rid of it. Seriously, this mechanics is the very reason that's making the game repetitive and unplayably boring. All you need to win is enough items with +stat to your main attribute. I keep seeing lvl 26 characters dual wielding 196 damage weapons and owning every major boss in under 10 secons. That would not have been possible in D2.

-More Diversity in item affixes. All you get are the same lame stats boost over and over again, magic find, more xp and gold and such. Healthdrain is rendered obsolete by the new healthglobe system. You could make the game more challenging by reducing the drops of those healthglobes.
  20. Jun 25, 2013
    Fail Not much more to add this game is a joke People don't buy expansion pack, maybe that will teach them $%^# You blizzard for this massive disappointment
  21. Jun 19, 2013
    Reasons to avoid like the plague: ERROR 37. Real Money Auction House. Itemization. Class Balance. Repetitive. Ugly. Candy colours designed for children. Incredibly clichéd and poor plot.

Just buy Torchlight 2, you're better off playing that game... on so many levels.
  22. Jun 16, 2013
    I have paid for a game and can not even start a single player!? What exactly is on that disc?! It is a sick joke... Give my money and wasted time back!
  23. Jun 11, 2013
    Possibly the worst game triple A game I have ever played in my life. The worst game in the ARPG/Dungeon Crawler genre, I would even dare to say it is an insult to the genre and should be tagged as an arcade game. The adjectives that come to mind to describe this game are far from pretty, so I will keep them to myself, but you get the idea. Seriously, I have trouble understanding howPossibly the worst game triple A game I have ever played in my life. The worst game in the ARPG/Dungeon Crawler genre, I would even dare to say it is an insult to the genre and should be tagged as an arcade game. The adjectives that come to mind to describe this game are far from pretty, so I will keep them to myself, but you get the idea. Seriously, I have trouble understanding how companies that are 5% of the size that Blizzard is have developed games that on Diablo 3 in every single possible way. I don't understand. Lazy devs? Greedy activision? I don't know. A user score of 3.8 is far too generous in my opinion. This game is scum and should be avoided at all cost. I for one will not be playing the Diablo 3 expansion even if it is free. What a pile of garbage. Expand
  24. Jun 9, 2013
    Launch was a disaster. Over 400 hours of playing and found nothing good. Sold items in RMAH to cover the cost of the game and quit. Never again blizzard. Waited over 10 years for this sequel and what a disappointment.
  25. Jun 7, 2013
    I'm really shocked that this is a release from Blizzard Entertainment. It feels more like some sort of free to play cash shop game, where they design it to be mind-numbingly boring and hope that you'll buy things from the cash shop to improve your experience.

Unlike the vast array of other ARPG's I've played, this game just absolutely refuses to let you find your own gear upgrades. The intent was obviously to try to herd players to the auction houses to buy items, but considering ARPG's are largely about finding items, this design really ruins the experience. In fact, there's nothing else really to this game other than an incredibly boring, frustrating and defective item system. There (was) no pvp, the social system is basically non-existent--so I guess we are supposed to buy items from the cash shop so we can just log in and stare at our awesome character.

Blizzard removed a lot of things from the previous Diablo games, saying that these elements essentially constituted bad game design, but then they replaced these elements with ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. So there's now no reason to kill bosses in Diablo 3, (farming bosses was bad design, apparently), there are no skill trees, (skill trees are bad design, apparently), there (was) no pvp, (no pvp is apparently better design than imperfect pvp), not to mention various other elements that were removed from the series.

There's not much of a game here after the first play through, I'd spend my money on another title.
  26. Jun 7, 2013
    Require non-stop internet connection.
    Boring skill system.
    This game is just about farming.
    Less content from previous version (diablo 2)
    There is no challenge.
    There is no fun.
    There is no balance between heroes.
    Pay to win game
  27. Jun 4, 2013
    All Blizzard had to do was remake Diablo 2 with updated graphics and no RMAH. Always online for single player mode? What a waste of $60 this game was!
  28. Jun 2, 2013
    Wanted this to be great so much but bought it on release day and a week into it I didn't see any point in playing. Played it for the most part for the story and it was very very very bland. Story was overly predictable and weak. Gameplay is good but repetitive like D2 which wasn't bad cause the loot kept u playing but in D3 the drops for your character are horrendous which leads me toWanted this to be great so much but bought it on release day and a week into it I didn't see any point in playing. Played it for the most part for the story and it was very very very bland. Story was overly predictable and weak. Gameplay is good but repetitive like D2 which wasn't bad cause the loot kept u playing but in D3 the drops for your character are horrendous which leads me to believe you are curbed to use the auction house I never did. I never bought items in D2 and never felt the need to with D3. As a huge fan of the franchise i'm just disappointed. No skill tree or skill points? D3 seemed to try and be too mainstream to me. Instead of staying true for all of us that waited on this game for so many years. Expand
  29. May 30, 2013
    1 point for cinematics -9 points for gameplay Act 1 was only good act in entire game everything else sucked hard .
    Act 2 makes me vomit Hurr hurr hahahaa i wont betray you go get my body & my head hahahahah thank you fool now i will destroy the world hahahah .
    Act 3 while you were busy raising the catabults my lieutnant stormed your cellar you will surely fall now after killing the fatty in cellar a mere victory over useless tool !!"!!!!
    Act 4 hurr hurr this is heaven basicly 1 kind of hallway over and over shemale diablo is waiting for you

Positive --
    Act 1.
    Classes.
    Co-op.

Negative
    AH & real money AH .
    Act 2 & 3 & 4 .
    Artificial dificulty we promise you you will die alot durr hurr lets add rare packs that are impossible to kill like molten jailer teleport mortar Gl with that .
    Angels are useless tyrael doesent do a damn thing and that strongest angel just keeps getting his ass kicked .
    Story sucks ass Cain dieing to evil butterfly .
    Graphics they are using wow engine that is like 8-9 years old this is worse rehash than COD.
    Loot basicly game is made so that you wont get any good loot and have to use auction house.

Fire jay wilson remove auctionhouse atleast real money ah fix the loot make better story
  30. May 28, 2013
    I plan to keep my distance from this iteration. Having played on a friend's computer, I can say I neither like 1.) how Blizzard feels about their customers, and 2.) how they make their games nowadays (and what their games are, in consequence).

Diablo 3 is a game where none of the original authors were involved in creating the sequel. In this case, it amounts to an analogy of R. A. Salvatore writing "Lord of the Rings 2", or the author of Twilight authoring "Crime and Punishment 2". The changes are just too contradictory to what Diablo 1 and 2 represented. Why did Blizzard North get sacked? Because they had artistic integrity? Just look at the original plans for D3, from the early 2000's, they say a lot about how the game was really meant to be. It is really disappointing that the original project got scrapped. Besides, the vast majority even on Blizzard's site have stated they definitely prefer the originally planned art, even in this day when graphics and all is supposed to be better, and many of whom state this really appreciate graphics in general.

A game is primarily defined by what emotion or feeling it gives to the player. This is done via artistic and conceptual vision. Diablo 3 does not feel ANYTHING like D2. Smoothness and high-performing requirements can be good things, but very often are just otherwise.

People game for the EXPERIENCE, not the way you swing your hammer, how neat the inventory looks or how fast a button-click responds. The experience is both intellectual and artistic. But Diablo 3's ambient qualities just plummeted to regular cartoons, and mindless DPS-viewing.
    It IS cartoony as by the saturated candy-whooping animations and designs, silly (wow, a boss named "Skeleton king"... wow, how cheesy), simplistic (they've scrapped the whole stat and skill system, and in fact, all LOGIC behind choosing skills instead you'll just choose and construct a "role" or animations). It IS simply dumbed-down both artisticly and stat-wise.

Ok, whoever enjoys MMO's (and Blizzard's oh-so-inspirational WoW in particular), you can be delighted by this game. But it is nowhere near art as opposed to originals.

Not to mention that the originals were SINGLE-PLAYER GAMES, that actually ALLOWED playing the game. Whereas this iteration throws other players in your game, without you having any intention of playing with them (not to mention the damned DRM). And on top of all, this MULTIPLAYER game does not allow for competitive multiplayer nor LAN.

This Diablo 3 can go to Pandaria, as much as I am concerned.

1. Aug 31, 2012