3.9

1. Jun 8, 2012
    Tedious, extremely easy, popcorn trash. The cynical uber-greedy business model surrounding this plague is also utterly sickening. People with minds and souls avoid.
  2. May 15, 2012
    1d6

1-3 The servers are down
    4-6 the servers are up

It's a coinflip at this point.

The launch has been a disaster. I thought this kind of crap was over?
  3. May 24, 2012
    No unique character development - auto-levelling, which means every character of the same class is the same, except gear. And surprise, there is a PayToWin shop in game. For gear. See connection? That would be ok for F2P, but an absolute NO for a game costing around 60$. Plus AlwaysOnlineDRM, which forces you to bow to every whim of Blizzard. Short single player campaign. Launch problems and conection issues at day one. All in all - a very very bad direction in gaming. For its current price and state, it is definately a 0. Expand
  4. Jun 1, 2012
    i bet people rating this game more than 7.0 is just either little fanpet of bizz or on its pay roll. i wait till i finished hell mode to write this review, and i am not going to compare this game with diablo2. First of all, Graphic is dated. Audio is just bad, i am not saying the music is bad, but the way they deliver is just stupid. Combat and mixing skills for different mob seems fresh for a hack'slash game at first. but eventually u will find that there are no need to mix skill and stick with one set of skill. a lots of my frd told me the real fun starts at hell mode. (was busy these days so i m a little bit behind) but, the way i see it, it is just stupid. there is absolutly no point of scouting the map for rare monster, because the drops are bad. u will end up buying all ur eqiupment from AH and run striaght to the boss, in which it takes away all fun for the rpg experiences. i literally felt asleep while i was click, click , clicking. this isnt a sign of a good game, i remeber when i played a new GOOD game, i will stay up just to say whatelse the game is offering even when i have a early morning meeting. Diablo 3 do not give me that at all. **and one more reminder for all u fanboy, the new patch nerf some skill and the reason of it is that u are not suppose to beat the inferno mode at this time. WT..F?????????? Expand
  5. Feb 27, 2013
    One of the best auction house simulators currently available.
    Though the whole thing is tied to a game, so only 4/10, without the game this simulator would have gotten 10/10 from me.
    The games outdated graphics, idiot-proof gameplay and no depth at all combined with a very very bad and short story sadly drag the simulation down.
    I wish that there was an auction-house-simulator as good
    as this without an unnecesary game atached to it. Expand
  6. May 15, 2012
    It could have been great after so many years, but Blizzard just wants to fleece us: destroying single player and LAN play, and forcing everybody to play online so we spend money in their Auction House just destroys the game, however good it can be.

Shame on you, Blizzard.
  7. Apr 24, 2013
    The game is a soulless version of what it was supposed to be. This is not Diablo 3, this is a sham. Maybe it was never supposed to happen? Maybe it was dead all along and that is okay, what was given was glorious in its day and it will always have that place in history. Let Diablo die one final time, lay it to rest and say goodbye.
  8. May 15, 2012
    It has been a horrible nightmare trying to get this game downloaded and then to get logged in. They let you go through an 8gb download only to find at the end there's a corrupted file and you have to reinstall. They give you a line of bunk that you have to reset your modem and turn off your firewall and all this other crap that doesn't do squat.

Then when I finally get into the game I
    am shocked at how it plays compared to Diablo 2. No more stat customizations, no more skill choices, no more anything customized by the player to make his character unique. It's just a romper room game of hack n slash. The 8 year olds out there will love this. Look Mommy Look I beat up dah bad guy, I rock.....can I have some juice now peeze.

It is so simple easy and linear it's just not worth playing. Gawd I hate getting ripped off in the computer gaming industry but you know how they work NO REFUNDS SUCKAH.

So, I'm just telling you DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS! It's just not worth it and the headaches will be horrible because you'll be sitting looking at the screen to login more than you'll actually be able to play
  9. May 18, 2012
    I was a fan of Diablo, actually it was the first game i've played online and i was waiting Diablo 3 for many years. But what did i get? Copy of Dungeon Siedge III, LOL! Diablo has the same graphics and gameplay. DSIII is a pretty good game, but it was released a year ago...
    Take Dungeon Siedge III, add always-online DRM to it and terrible service and you'll get Diablo 3.
  10. Jun 8, 2012
    Seriously? What the **** is this? Blizzard go eat **** II is even more funny. You waste 13 years for this crap? Come on ! I hate you Blizzard.Seriously? What the **** is this? Blizzard go eat **** II is even more funny. You waste 13 years for this crap? Come on ! I hate you Blizzard.
  11. oso
    May 20, 2012
    Most disappointing Game ever. I have to admit expectations were extremely high, maybe couldnt even have been fullfilled. There are failures in every way you look at the game.
    The server management (even expected though) is a joke... i had issues every single day since release. Also entire game elements don't really work properly. The auction house must have been developed by a genius - its
    bugged, has incredible stupid layout and most annoying - can't be accessed while ingame.

Worst of all is the itemisation. 99% of your loot is crap. You are forced to buy items on the auction house. Without them you simple stand no chance on inferno mode. I suppose thats how Blizzard wants to rob the customers money in near future instead of letting them pay monthly fees. (Yes you pay incredible high taxes on auctions which go directly into their purse)
    Leveling the artisans seems to be also a waste of gold. Prices are ridiculously high and the results of your effort is simply not worth it - better buy on the a.h.

I have to admit the gameplay is relatively good. Playing with friends still is fun - but simply not fun enough. Game difficulty is defined by random enemy attributes which can vary from freeloot to impossible. That factor has a high potential of frustration because from a certain point on your progress dos not depend on your skill anymore - its simply luck and gear. That would be okay - has been with D2 too but not if all (yes ALL) items are randomly created by the game. So you might imagine how frustrating it will be when you find a barbarian set item with stats like intelligence and dexterity. I mean how stupid can it be?

At the begining i loved to play this game (so far as i was able to because of server restrictions) but with every day i beginn to dislike it more and more. I miss so many elements of Diablo 2 i just can't understand how Blizzard failed so greatly. The game is simply not finished after a ridiculously long development time. I don't even mind the outdated graphics (which are really **** outdated).

Blizzard Y U NO LIKE CUSTOMERS??
  12. Jul 25, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Diablo 3. A game i had a lot of hopes for. When diablo 2 was still new and shiny, it was a MUST for me and many of my friend's, i remember before going to school at morning i stopped by a classmate...We played some cow runs and then went to school together, chatting all the way about how good the game is. Enough of that. I'll go trough some pointers about the game.

Story - Most important factor for me when choosing a singleplayer (This game does not have community and playing with friend's is not a benefit since you can only fit few of em)...Well story was bad, very bad...Not just a favorite "good" guy got turned into human like in B-Type Hollywood movie "You guys suck, i save humanity by going weak!" and other one died.

Gameplay & Difficulty - Gameplay was very nice for a while. After i hit lvl 60 i realized i was playing a very polished experience of "run trough everything". It was fun to get exp and unlock new stuff. After 60 rapidly everything is dumbed down. You don' get experience, you don't get new skills, no attributes and only way to progress you'r character is to get more items. I reached act 3 inferno. It was pretty challenging...It did not test my skills how i can time my spells or how can i ditch damage before an object hits me. It tested how good i can run and do few hits, then run even more...Do enough dmg in 5min's or start over.

Items & AH - Items...Legendary/Set item's has nice stats. Some of em has quite nice affixes...They are not very useful though...This game revolves around having very high dps weapon and as much of main stat you can muster. Then it's same old critical chance, critical damage and attack speed. So when you look for an item, you need same stat's you are having on you'r character right now, but with improved versions. Blizzard said that you don't need to go to ah/Rmah in order to progress...Well on my quest to find awesome items that will carry me trough inferno act 2...I farmed a lot and only found several good item's...For someone else. So natural progression...It's doable...If you'r butt can hold enough to farm same act for hours and hours...

My real review:

This game is made for people who like's to grind same thing over and over without having no benefit if possibility for some real money cash is not counted for. You'r character wont progress and character will never be a unique in ways it was in Diablo 2. Everything is set the second you create an character and there is no customization (You can ink you'r gear, unless you like legendary quality....). I highly recommend for a person who isn't looking a game that last's long. Play the game trough and forget the thing...You will be satisfied, as a person who was looking for a game to play long time....Well let's just say i was stupid enough to fall for the trick that Blizzard can make awesome sequel. Graphics are okay in my opinion, sadly it's 2012 when they could push harder for better quality. But it's known fact that blizzard sacrifices graphics quality in order to get more people into the games. I learned my lesson...I will not buy a another blizzard product unless i see all fact's about the game. This game was unplayable for some time and looking at it's future it wont be a game most of us hoped it would be.
  13. May 15, 2012
    The little of the game I was able to play was horribly squandered on dealing with lag for a SINGLE PLAYER game. Since disbanding Blizzard North, Activ-Blizzard has really gone -south-. The DRM makes this game honestly not worth it, for something with a $60 price tag, you would think the game would be a complete product. I'll be getting Torchlight 2 and wishing about what could have been.
  14. May 25, 2012
    More than a week on and I'm still rather disappointed. Game feels rather shallow compared to previous iterations and is selling on name alone.

Decent, but nothing more.
  15. May 15, 2012
    If you want an immersive ARPG, you've come to the wrong place. The design for this game doesn't lead to much. Artistic design, plot, game design, everything seems to be under par. Its impressive how they managed to through down the drain all that money, when an indie studio creates Path of Exile, a free to play ARPG. Go try it, and you will feel what immersion really is.

click the Ok
    button in the popup window "The game has ended" Expand
  16. May 19, 2012
    I've played this game for a couple of days now and I must admit that it doesn't come close to the expectations I had before release. After playing through normal and ACT 3 on Nightmare the game still stinks of a grind-fest. I haven't even once had to stop and think on how to defeat a mob/boss. So I think I would rather let this game takes its place in the bookshelf and gather dust for the rest of time cause this game was a let down. Expand
  17. May 23, 2012
    I didn't expect to be so disappointed from this game. I give 2 because I kind of like the graphics, but mainly that is all I like. My review is based on the idea, that I loved Diablo 2 and was really looking forward for Diablo3. I can't understand how can they make such huge changes to the game, at least they should have put a survey for the beta. You can't distribute attribute points and skills. Really? This made Diablo 2 unique and enjoyable for a long time. For example, there is no sense having now 2 barbarians. With this "strategy" people will play far less this game. What was the logic, thinking that young "modern age" kids playing mmorpgs will join this game? You also know that everyone has all the skills that you have (if they are your level), and it's just a matter choice, depending on what has been put in the short-key bar. There are "runes" for the skills, which are a kind of upgrade, they are also unlocked by leveling-up. The game has been made so easy. Even no identification scrolls/town portals. You deleted so many things, which were the uniqueness of this great series! The voices are not even barely similar to Diablo 2, and are so so bad. All in all, if you are not a fan of Diablo 2, and if you enjoy games from this type - Sacred, Titan Quest, you may like Diablo 3. But if you are a fan of the old ones, I strongly suggest to look at the "innovations" first, whether you will like them. Expand
  18. Aug 24, 2012
    I'm glad I got my refund for this game back in early June of this year. I played diablo and diablo II, for YEARS. This piece of crud doesn't even have pvp.
  19. Sep 24, 2012
    Oh...what to say that hasn't been said already by hordes of angry disappointed fans. This is the First BAD game that Blizzard releases. Plain and simple, that's how everyone will remember Diablo 3, (hopefully the first and last). Why?? How a company with so many resources, virtually unlimited for the gaming industry, and so much time could've got it this wrong? I kept asking myself and coming with the same answer every time: "Lack of talent". This new Blizzard Diablo 3 team and specially their lead designer are simply not good enough to make a game that lives up to the expectations of the Diablo fans. Aside the fact that the game was developed around the single and main purpose of serving as Cash-Cow for Blizzard, and the internet always requirement, No LAN support, horrible launch, etc etc...You could've still made a great game out of Diablo 3...if you didn't fail in the next 50 aspects of it. Some of which are Looting system (they simply didn't get the point of it), character progression through talents/spells/attributes (they gutted them in favor of simpler/streamlined game play), the removal of random map generation, and the lack of understanding on how to properly design a grind based point-click Action RPG' mobs (boring easy to One shotted and nothing in between). They just never got it. My opinion is this is due to their lead designer and Blizzard's greediness. I call what happened to Diablo 3: "FPS mentality". Their lead designer's FPS background clearly shows in every step of Diablo 3, and it's sad, because he could Expand
  20. Aug 21, 2013
    I'll cut this real short and simple:

-Always online DRM. Hosting own game in D2 worked just fine. No reason for this garbage except No single player mode incredibly insulting. Screams of greed.

-Real Money Auction House: You may have thought you didn't need to use the AH if you didn't want. You were wrong as gear drop rates are so low it has been clearly designed to force you to
    spend money on top of the $60 full price you spent on the game itself.

-Storyline absolutely abysmal. I thoroughly enjoyed the Medieval Gothic themes of D1 & D2. Here we have bright colors, non-dark environments and no gothic art style to be found anywhere. Instead we get Starcraft Protoss heaven. Literally everything about the storyline was terrible to me. Tyreal going from this mysterious, cool sounding rebel archangel to a random black guy. Deckard Cain killed for literally no reason. Diablo and all other major act bosses are simply generic villain clones that look like something out of WoW raid dungeons. Game forces you on rails through each quest in order so no skipping quests once you've already beaten the game.

-5+ years on development would have given sufficient time for a good team of industry veterans to create a deep, huge game world with interesting mechanics and things to do. Instead you can beat the game in less than 12 hours.

-No skill/talent trees from D2. Can't make interesting builds. Instead you have a limited skill pool to choose from, which is easier for casuals to understand but don't as much customization as D2 skills tree did.

-Server and lag issues that exist solely because of always online DRM. Hardcore players regularly killed because of lag and coding.

Perhaps one of the most sad aspects of this whole experience is there are still legions of die hard, fanboy zealots that absolutely adore being spoonfed this kind of extreme From a gameplay perspective and a business perspective D3 is absolutely a ripoff when one has at least a tad of experience under their belt. Do you think other companies could get away with this Imagine all car companies required their cars to be logged in & connected to wi-fi internet in order to work in order to stop automobile thefts. Do you think that kind of business model would work? No. People would be outraged and actually spam them with letters telling them just where they can shove it.

In the game industry however, I'd wager to say most gamers are between ages 12-28 and as such these people are less likely to have experience in business, thus the industry can still make a profit ripping people off. They get away with it because young people in that age group usually don't care or lack the knowledge to make informed decisions. When you buy Diablo 3, you are literally using your wallet to tell Blizzard to make more games like this. Companies will always trail what was successful in the past. Every gamer should NEVER pre-order a video game and instead read many reviews and watch many raw gameplay footage of said game after release before deciding to buy.

Thus sadly, Diablo 3 style games will continue to be pumped out by blizzard such as their "Reaper of Souls" expansion pack. Diablo 3 no doubt was commercially successful despite it clearly being an inferior experience to its predecessors that are a decade old. The people to blame for this mess are the gamers who wasted their money on this and encouraged this rotten business behaviour.

I should know, I was regretfully one of them.
    Never again however. I haven't touched Heart of the Swarm and never will. However the cinematics quality was high, but the way the story played out was laughable.
  21. Dec 6, 2012
    I really wish I hadn't even given blizzard anymore of my money. That dark feel from Diablo 1 & 2 is completely gone and this installment is annoyingly colorful and vibrant as if it isnt about a fictional Armageddon. There are no longer meaningful skill choices, you can change anytime. The story is an absolute joke. I really miss the dark atmosphere of diablo 2. Gone are the days of walking in jungles surrounded by cauldrons of cooked people or claustraphobic tombs with frightening waves of undead. This installment has colorful massive underground caverns with a plethora of Dr. Seuss monsters. And I think its been said enough how stupid the always having to be online thing is. In short, its a shadow of what the series used to be and I after starcraft 2 and this, I will not give blizzard any more of my money. They are a shadow of what they used to be and deserve to fall apart for **** products like this. Expand
  22. Feb 19, 2013
    Biggest disappointment in PC gaming world. Blizzard took the near-masterpiece of Diablo 2 and dumbed it down for the WoW generation that needs instant gratification in everything. The story is god awful, worse than the trash Hollywood puts out every day. The items system is terrible everyone wants the same main stat/ vit crit crit dmg on every item and there is no choice. The actual amount of content is ABYSMALLY small (about 6-8 hours of gameplay) which is then replayed over and over in higher difficulties. Most classes run the same 2-3 builds because everything else sucks. Maps have almost 0 randomization, putting a huge dent in the replayability value that Diablo 2 and any good ARPG is known for. Game STILL doesn't have a full PvP system as of this writing, outside of gimmicky "brawling". Blizzard tried to dumb the game down and make money, but the players showed them that Diablo 3 is nothing but a polished turd, even after all of the patches to improve the game. For fans of good ARPGs like Diablo 2 I would highly recommend Path of Exile it reminds me of playing Diablo 2 for the first time. Expand
  23. Feb 17, 2014
    Not as good as Diablo 1 or 2 or even Torchlight 1 or 2. Basically 4 things drag it down HARD. 1. Worst of all it is pay to win (but not even close to free to play). Inexcusable for a game you pay for. Obnoxiously so for a game you pay this much for. 2. Story. This story is weak. Some of the characters are fun (I'd like to learn more about many of the followers), but the demon of lies is a horrible liar (being obvious from the get-go) and the boards/missions/quests are not varied or exciting enough.

3. Loot/drops. Because they decided to make it pay to win, Loot and drops are not worth grinding, on the whole. Merchants are useless, and even legendary drops are unexciting given that they are almost always not even worth selling on the auction house. Its basically this: there is one correct way to play without real money. Grind gold, go to AH, buy items, grind more gold. Alternatively, you can, instead of playing the actual game, play the auction house to make money.

I don't think anyone bought Diablo 3 to play "stock market, fantasy style" but that's one of the two viable ways to do well in the game. Awful.

4. Online only DRM (with sweet, sweet server management. Honestly, if the game were good, I could probably/possibly excuse this. I think/hope that it prevents haxx, which sorta ruined any pvp or multiplayer in prior Diablos (especially 1). Given that I primarily want to play with my family, I'd be more than happy to lose this in favor of LAN based play.
  24. May 15, 2012
    I was already extremely disappointed from the start because of the overall "WoWification" (which I probably don't need to go into detail about; read the other 500 reviews about it), but with the whole unplayable part I am officially mad. I regret buying this
  25. May 28, 2012
    Huge disappointment. Story was meh. Servers are crap (I love lag in a single player game...) and are constantly being brought down/restarted. AH still doesn't work. PvP isn't even in the game. Act 4 was never actually finished. Nothing is remotely balanced. Endless bugs (from pathing/jittering to stupid follower AI to item stats that don't even work to boss abilities that bug out, I could go on for pages...) End game revolves around the AH, as there's no feasible way to grind or farm the gear needed to progress without buying off the AH (the one the doesn't work). With the RMAH in the works blizz made sure that the only way to succeed was to buy your way through inferno. In the end its a 60$ bug fest that is pay to win... Oh how the mighty have fallen. Expand
  26. May 16, 2012
    very dissapointed blizzard. i was once a very loyal fan of you. but ever since starcraft 2 there has been a missing spark about your games. starcraft 2 had poor voice acting, poor story and the characters seem hollow and empty. diablo 3 on the otherhand felt more like a WoW title with the diablo 3 brand superglued to it. the lack of gothic feel, the cartoony character models, lack of stat point allocation and set unlocks of skills combined with the linear progression is highly dissapointing. i guess this is what you get when blizzard north go packing. Expand
  27. Sep 22, 2012
    Superbad game. Boring, money-making, over and over boring game. Blizzard, what have you done? Where is the spirit of the old "Blizzard North" of the original Diablo? Where? Oh, wait a minute...? It's runic's game "Torchlight II".
  28. May 15, 2012
    Piracy and console gaming has truly destroyed the PC gaming industry and Diablo 3 is just a horrific example of developers greed for making money.Diablo 3 is absolute piece of crap and i'd prefer the original diablo 2 billion times over it.Firstly the always online drm truly deprives you to even start that game and once luckily you get to play the SP then you for sure shed tears thinking "THERE GOES MY 60$" Gameplay is repititive,most of the customization elements found in diablo 2 are gone.The game is just a crappy remake of diablo 2 to satisfy developers money greed. DIABLO 3 IS A COMPLETE FIASCO.Stay Away from this one! Expand
  29. May 15, 2012
    I can usually find a redeaming feature in just about anything and never cast straight zeroes (and very rarely straight 10s), but if value returned for money paid is exactly zero, what can I say?
    Being unable to use the product I bought because of a feature I did not want, IS a straight zero.
    Another company brought down by greed, incompetence and unacceptable business practises.
    Why was it
    possible to play Starcraft in offline mode once I logged in, and why isn't it in D3? If I'm FORCED to be online all of the time, there is NO excuse for not enough servers in use or the software not working. I refuse to be cheated and patronized by companies that take my money and THEN treat me like a criminal. No more games with forced online mode in single player for me. Period. Expand
  30. Mar 17, 2014
    Reduced my rating from 3 to 0. D3 no longer exists in it's original form. Blizzard killed the game with patch 2.0 for worse. All they needed to do was give us simple things like more acts/areas to play, events, etc, not revamp and facelift the entire game balance and mechanics. Barbarian class is garbage now, whilst Wizzard is godly. Main stats are on steroids, life steal buried, AH buried, BOA and no trading possible. PvP still doesn't exist as was promised >3 years ago. Blizzard/Activision is a garbage company still trying to ride on their past glories from decade ago. Expand
  31. May 20, 2012
    Barb is Sonic the Super Saiyan, I will never play game that is so simplified that it takes me for a retard. Automatic Attributes, Skills, now even Runes you unlock automatically, I dont see a reason why does it just play automatically and you just watch... Stupid game big disappointment. I dont like new plastic fancy fairy tale design, diablo is about gothic-demons-gore
  32. Jun 20, 2012
    I've put about 150 hours into game with 3 high level characters so you know that i have played this long enough to tell you DO NOT BUY THIS GAME:

The game was exciting although repetative up until inferno (last difficulty). In order to get past where i'm at i need millions of gold because of the broken economy in Auction House. In order for me to get that gold i either have to grind for
    one hour per 100 thousand gold or i can just buy from the "real money auction house" for 1 dollar per 100k gold. So basically grinding becomes extremely boring and repetative and makes you almost forced to pay real money to continue. If not, you're literally grinding for 1 dollar an hour. In order to get the gear i need to finish with second act of inferno I need min 15 million gold which means i either grind 120 to 160 hours the same damn part of the game or pay out of pocket 150 dollars. Than it gets worse in act 3 and 4. This game is cheap in the fact the content is so short only made harder several times over (they did that in diablo 2 which was fine cuz of limited space on CDs , now its just an excuse of being lazy in order to not make further game content). The art is pretty, but the graphics are terrible at least a good 10 years out of date. Expand
  33. Aug 1, 2012
    A lot of money was spent on this 'Arcade RPG' and 0 is an unplayable mess and I rate this game a 0 because:

Most Clicked this game is playable one hand with your eyes closed. This is a Zero because it isn't a game.

It is an experiment. A meta test on gold selling, auctions worth real money, and loot grinding. Please don't let games become Casinos online RPG....
  34. May 22, 2013
    Probably the worst gaming experience I've had, or should I say let down, in years. Forced online game play. Repetitive unoriginal gameplay. Uninspired graphics. And let's not forget the auction house blizzard money grab. Blizzard is on a downhill slope.
  35. Jun 3, 2012
    Diablo 3 is maximum boring and redundancy. Diablo 2 is a better installment in the series, while Diablo 3 loses any semblance of seriousness in the environment and characters. I wish I hadn't spent $60 on it, it totally does not live up to the previous games, and is nothing but a total snore fest. Blizzard and gameplay are like oil and water, they just don't go together. Same thing is to be said for Blizzard and dialog, as Blizzard just seems to suck at it in every game they make. If you're thinking about buying this game, save your money. Diablo 3 won't cure your boredom, it'll just make you kick yourself that you're down $60 as well. Expand
  36. Jul 24, 2012
    List of bad things about D3: Loot drops are horrible 99.8% of the time Game is forces you to repeat the same content over and over and over Auction house makes farming seems pointless Game forces you to re-watch cutsceneses and re-listen to dialogues over and over Game forces you to wear all resist No build diversity Random affix generation creates stupidly irritating combinations on elites
    Game is hacked
    Game is run by bots
    Economy is ruined
    Latency issues
    Game is full of scammers
    Co-op is pointless
    Forums will ban you for negative responses
    Blizzard has lost peoples transactions on RMAH
    No endgame goals. Nothing to strive for.
    Pay to win
    Story is boring
    Too difficult unless you spend real money
    Spam bots have hijacked the chat channels
    Blizzard is slow, and unprofessional keepin the community informed
    Technical errors, login problems, disconnects
    No way to reclaim lost or stolen items/$
    Bosses have worse drops than elites
    No skill points
    Skill UI no good
    AH UI no good
    No way to conveniently swap gear
    DRM - No offline play
    Broken gameplay mechanics
    No lasting appeal
    User feels empty and robbed at the end of the experience
    Jay Wilson
    Activision
    Greed
  37. Aug 12, 2012
    What. Is. This.
    Issues according to me:
    1. Internet connection to play offline
    2. Lag in offline (seriously?)
    3. Very plane, you play an hour you have seen it all, I know its H&S but, the monster just get tougher, that's it.
    4. Gets boring after 3/4 hours.
  38. May 28, 2012
    At the end of the day, Diablo 3 has little life in it. Casual players will be put off by how much the game hates you, hardcore players will be left unsatisfied by it's lack of depth, and everyone will be annoyed with the constant and unrelenting battle.net issues. The story uninteresting with weak, stereotypical characers, the graphics are unimpressive for a 2012 game and most of what made Diablo 2 the success it was has been pissed away to service the almighty real money auction house. If you're OK with paying the unusually high price for about 20-30 hours of OK gameplay followed by as much as your patience can handle of unpleasant, frustrating and ultimately - pointless, grind, then go for it. Personally I don't know what I was thinking when I pissed away my money on this. Expand
  39. May 15, 2012
    It is all about choices. Blizzard chose poorly: No offline mode, no staggered release, poorly updated customer service, and servers incapable of the capacity even on a Tuesday morning. Anytime I buy a game that I cannot play they get a zero, I will re-evaluate when I can play but this is your score for now Blizzard and you're decisions are why this review will get averaged in with the real review once the game actually releases. Poor choices Blizzard, very poor Expand
  40. May 17, 2012
    First I will say to people that this isn't an MMO. If you never played Diablo 2 then your lost. This is an action RPG limited to 4 player coop. I'm glad I didn't purchase this game because of so many reasons. 1)Back in 2008 there was that artistic direction petition. 2)The people who did DIablo 2 were not doing this game. 3)DRM in 2011 which there was also a petition on the single player portion of the game.
    4)Real Money Auction House.
    5)WOW player who subscribed a full year got the game free. I played WOW for 5 years and I wasn't eligible for this so I cancelled my subscription when I heard of this.
    6)No Druids or Paladins
    7)What they made Tyreal into.-saw youtube video
    8)The story and voice overs-read about it
    9)The length of the game which is shorter than Diablo 2-someone told me they beat it in 5 hours.
    10)The COW level-smh

As for the servers not working I say thats BS. Back when Diablo 2 was released I had 56k modem and a pentium 733 with a 20 gig harddrive and I played the game fine with my other friends. We are in 2012 where people have pentium 4 and terabyte drives and fast internet connection. There is no excuse for this crap. None. Everyone should be able to play the game with no problem whatsoever. I'm done with blizzard crap and I will never buy anymore of there products again.
  41. May 18, 2012
    WTF is wrong with games these days!!
    Everybody wants another good sequel to our arguably one of the best game franchise, but what blizz gave to us fans and gamers, a **** OF CRAP!! We fans deserve better than this! **** THIS ****
  42. Jan 12, 2014
    Avoid it at all costs!! I got this title free from Blizzard because of a WoW subscription promotion and even paying for WoW and getting a special mount it DID NOT worth it. It cannot be compared to Diablo I and II. The end was something that most players will feel more painful that ME3 and DA2. Not even for free I got satisfied. You have been warned!!
  43. May 19, 2012
    Well i have DRM issues, as many other do, i can't agree with that policy of constant internet connection, of auctions with real â
  44. Jun 2, 2012
    Blizzard did not meet the minimum requirement for this game: playable. At launch, you literally could not play the game because the servers were down. On the second day, all the servers were down for another 8 hours. Even a week after its release, servers would go down occasionally during random times of the day. This could have all been avoided if Blizzard simply made a single player offline mode, none of these problems would be an issue. Blizzard is blaming hacking on the victims. I know a handful of friends who have been hacked and Blizzard did absolutely nothing for them. I found out that my friends who got hacked did not have an authenticator. I got an authenticator after those incidents. Days later, I was hacked and Blizzard isn't doing a damn thing about it. Poor customer service and a veritable plethora of bugs make this game an unenjoyable experience. Expand
  45. Sep 17, 2012
    If the abysmal user score and the fact that the game lost 65 percent of its player base in 3 months didn't tell you enough, I don't know what to say to you. The game basically forces you to buy everything using the Real World Auction House and the lack of end-game content makes it worth about six hours. Jay Wilson is an idiot and he should be fired and forever denied a job at Blizzard for what he did to an incredible series. Expand
  46. May 16, 2012
    huge disappointment, and an unworthy sequel.. no more skill points to distribute, no more attribute points to distribute, skills unlock automatically as you level up.
    Legalized gold selling, pay-to-win, WoW inspired skills, cheesy text, cliché, uninspired dialog, story and scenes.
    DRM that requires you to be constanly online LEVEL 60 CAP Surely to be raised to 70,80,90 and so
    on with yearly expansions that consists of cut content for only another $60.

Also I know for a fact blizzard datamines WoW players, so I probably was too with D3. Now just what do they feel so entitled to take from players?...
  47. Feb 9, 2014
    Not really good remake of Diablo 2 which looks like cartoon. This game is cheap as dad from Transformers movie. Frankly, I want my money back as this is not "Diablo" as I (and many) expected, it's a different game that speculate on Diablo name. Don't seems like I'm buying any other Blizzard games, not before a lot of good USERS reviews at least, as Blizzard reputation is non existing for me anymore. Expand
  48. Jun 1, 2012
    I think one of the comments on IGN was "I just love clicking the gold and items on the screen and how it has never been so much fun!". That would be fun if it was five years ago and the first iphone came out. Then I would click and slide my finger across a tiny glass little screen. Diablo 3 looks like an ipad game that forces you to connect to the internet to play. The only problem is you're still alone in your room, but wait a second I'm connected to the internet? I'm guessing they are trading your information to other sites to make a little cash on the side while you play one of the most dissapointing sequels of the decade. The problem started when they decided to make the game. Hack & Slash games aren't very good to begin with. We all played Diablo and Diablo 2 because we were waiting for Starcraft, or the next Warcraft RTS game. Probably the same reason why Blizzard eliminated the studio after the mediocre interest of Diablo 2. Then instead of coming up with a new ip, which I believe was rumored, they brought back their B franchise. Think of Warcraft without 90% of the lore. It's like the mouse for the PC just came out and they are showing you what it's capable of doing. I thought Blizzard shifted from making games this bad and wanted to build mmos and advanced rts esports games, the next age of gaming, instead they wanted to release another Diablo with half the content, no PVP, a gimmicky way to rip players off with a store that should be illegal. They forced it to be on the internet so that they wouldn't have cheating. The problem is no serious players are going to play this for long, so cheating might even add a bit of interest to the game after people have nothing else to do which happens after two days and beat it. Hey now try it but the enemies have a lot more health and the same artificial intelligence. Expand
  49. Oct 3, 2012
    You can't play offline even if you solo, No lan support, 90% of the loots have stats that don't make sense.

For a loot driven game, i find the treasure hunting in this game extremely frustrating. Graphics are good, story is simple but effective, voice acting however is very cheesy.

In short, this game doesn't encourage to play with your in co-op, and the loot system is so messed up
    you kinda wonder if bli$$ard didn't do it on purpose to "motivate" you to use their new auction house.

This game is a failure and a disappointment. Specially with TL 2 that just came out. It's just 20$ and delivers more than D3. Hell, TL 2 feels even closer to the spiritual successor of D2 than D3 itself.

D3 is pretty to look at, but that's about it!
  50. Sep 4, 2012
    There isn`t much to add to what have been said here. The game overall deserves a 7 tops. But, there are so many wrongdoings, that the player base cannot pass over. I have borrowed a friend`a account, that went berserk after spending 60 euros on a game which offers mediocre game play and a slightly above average story. The 3.8 user score vs the 8.8 critic score says a lot about the PR that blizz have (also the money they sit on). After Starcraft 2, I made the right decision not to buy any other blizz games until the prove themselves to be worthy of my money. I was right with D3. And we want the option to play sp offline if we want to. We aren`t borrowing the game from the designers, we are buying it. That entitles us to use it offline too. A long fall for blizz 4/10 Expand
  51. Sep 12, 2012
    The game is **** its nothing good, don't play it. I even heard Diablo II is better. WAY to repetitive, nothing new, and i feel like i was in the 96s when diablo first released.
  52. Sep 22, 2012
    Weak game, no skills points, no permanent character choices, insane grinding required, very very very laggy even now in September. Just not a very fun game, still addictive in a way but not worth even a quarter of its cost, lucky I got mine as a gift :P
    The game would be ok with end game content (current none exists), less grinding required, less gold farmers ruining economy, not having
    to play through 4 times per char, a skills or talent system, a bit more difficulty (currently difficulty is an item check, no player skill required) and offline mode!!! Expand
  53. Oct 3, 2012
    Until the RMAH is removed this game shall receive a zero. After that I might reconsider changing it to a 8. The game was okay for what it was. However, I still won't play it. The story was crappy and predictable. Oh not to mention all the freaking interruptions in gameplay because of the cut scenes...
  54. May 16, 2012
    Blizzard is ignoring their players since Activision joined them. This game and their servers with crap DRM system proves that. Not worth your money. Just ignore this game and all the talking about it. About gameplay.... well.... all you do is click click click.. things die, 8 hours passed. And you completed the game and waisted 60euros. GOOD JOB. Wait for Torchlight 2 people, the guys behind it really work hard to do great games and deserve the money, Not like Blizzard who is just money hungry ugly Corp. Which wants to milk their costumers of money. Expand
  55. May 15, 2012
    This game is nothing compared to Diablo 1 and 2, Just a big disappointment. THE STORY IS TERRIBLE OMG WHY DID I BUY THIS WHILE SO MANY GOOD TITLES ARE COMING OUT THIS YEAR?
  56. May 31, 2012
    It would appear I made a mistake in my earlier review. failzzard was making this game for 12 years, 6 months in beta, 4 days of stress testing and they fail. We can't play the game for 3 straight days now, and before that there were lags all the time...this is just a worst crap ever to be released...

Be warned!! never buy this crap or any other game from crapzzard...
  57. Jan 8, 2013
    In a nutshell its waste of money. Oversimplified development system, screwed up "map builder" (which is actually not "builder" but just "placer" random event and mobs on predefined maps), extremely repetitive gameplay. Looks like a total joke for me.
  58. May 11, 2013
    Potential was wasted, game is currently destroyed by bots, ah/rmah. PvP is a mockery of the players. Randomness map? no such thing exists. Maybe Expansion will repair this destroyed game. Now waiting for PS3 version. Playing is wasting the time its Pay2Win. Only 3 for initial good impression.
  59. Jun 28, 2012
    This game might have been good 12 years ago. The gameplay is extremely outdated, there is very little content, and everything is designed to get you to spend money on the real money auction house. Steer clear of this stinker.
  60. Jul 21, 2012
    Wow... there isnt much more I can say about this game that hasnt already been said. So I will talk about the company that allows you to play it. I have been on the Diablo 3 forums from day 1 reading and commenting on constructive criticism because I really wanted the game to be successful. The reason the forums exist is so players can discuss game topics and the state of the game in general. Even when I requested a refund from blizzard they asked me to comment on the reasons I was leaving in their forums.

Well... I have been banned from the forums twice now for what they claim to be "Trolling".

What I did was post inside treads that offered constructive, and well worded feedback, and criticism. Most of these posts even without ToS violations get censored and deleted. It doesnt really matter what you say on thier forums, as long as its not something they agree with.. they simply remove it.

I made a very good post the other day about the difference between F2P and P2P, and based on the fact that Diablo 3's business model is to make residual income from its MicroTransaction using the RMAH, I said that Diablo 3 should convert to F2P to get the majority of the players back.

There was a lot of comments some negative and some very constructive that brought up many good points.

This is what blizzard considers trolling. I did not slander blizzard, I did not say their game sucks, I did not make any negitive comments about the game. I simply showed two arguments on how it should be F2P instead of P2P, and got banned for it.

This company is going down hill, and fast. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see how things are going for not only their parent company but blizzard itself.

So to sum it all up:

Diablo is indeed a very bad game. If you need reasons.. just visit any site that provides user feedback.

Blizzard is a bad company and ppl should not buy games or any products from them. It just allows them to keep doing what they are doing. They will ask you for your opinions and then they will censer you, and then they will ban you for them. This company does not like free thinking ppl, and this is even more obvious if you look at how they totally dumped down the game because they think all you consumers are morons.

Just ask Jay Wilson.
  61. May 31, 2012
    A horrible Disappointment. I bought the game and I can't play it because I have really unreliable internet. This is a single player game, why do I have to log in to play? I only get about 3 hours of gameplay before it logs off and I have to restart my internet. I don't play MMO's because of this, but it shouldn't happen with a singleplayer game.

As for the actual game. Well everything
    has been dumbed down to appeal to a wider audience. But As a former fan of Diablo, It kills the actual RPG feel the Dungeon Crawler used to have. Expand
  62. Sep 8, 2013
    Terrible Titan Quest clone that requires you to install the game onto a flash drive just to prevent the framerate stutter. Or splash out on an SSD hard drive. Either way is a little awkward for those of us with normal hard drives.
  63. Jul 11, 2012
    Diablo 3 has a lot of potential. However, I find that the core aspects of the game play have been ruined: the fun in this kind of games is CHARACTER BUILDING, LOOTING and CHALLENGE. Somehow Blizzard seems to have ruined all three: CHARACTER BUILDING has been simplified a lot for D3 - you don't get any points per level that you can put into a skill tree. Rather you select some skills from a pool based on your class and level. Only six skills can be set up at a time. A Diablo 2 clone such as Titan Quest gives you the option of experimenting with, say, a hunter/necromancer combo class that specializes in spears. In Diablo 3 there is no such thing: all level 60 Witch Doctors in Diablo 3 have access to exactly the same skills. Equipment is then the way in which you can specialize your character and how your guy is different from other characters of the same class. And LOOTING is indeed fun for a while. You can also get items from crafting, where an item with random stats is generated when you pay some money and spend some resources. The third way of getting items is using the auction house which Blizzard probably created to avoid gold selling, as well as to bag 15% of the money used there themselves. The auction house is clunky and difficult to use with too many long drop down menus and too many huge lists of items to browse through. Unfortunately it's also superior to looting or crafting in terms of getting your character some good weapons, so the fun activities of looting and crafting has been replaced by a boring, more optimal one. It's also so-so with the CHALLENGE of Diablo 3. As Diablo 3 is supposed to not alienate anyone the game has been made horribly, horribly easy. The first play-through got very boring, and by the time I got to kill Diablo and move to nightmare difficulty (where the game gets a bit challenging) I was sick and tired of playing my character. The game gets interesting around Hell difficult, but by then you'll have put quite a number of hours into the game. I personally wouldn't have stuck around for that long if it hadn't been for the increased challenge of hardcore mode (where your character has permadeath). On to some of the brighter points: While boss fights are somewhat boring, champions (especially on the higher difficulties) can be very interesting as they have a series of random abilities (they get one on normal and get an additional for each difficulty level you go up), so you'll run into different combinations that will require you to adjust your strategy. It also has an interesting event system where you might run into odd encounters that you didn't run into last time you were in the same place. All in all, Diablo 3 is a very well executed game, but the game design has been undermined by some odd decisions. These decisions seem to be focused on making Blizzard money rather than on improving the player experience. And it tells when playing it. Considering the rather inflated price, the game is not worth the money asked for it. Expand
  64. May 20, 2012
    A really great game... if it was playable. Great graphics, great optimization, great story-telling, awesome atmosphere and gameplay...
    but horrid on-line experience (can't connect, server under maintenance, horrid lag spike...)
    Blizzard knew people were already upset about the lack of an off-line mode, yet they failed to deliver a stable on-line play.
  65. Jun 5, 2012
    One of the most dull boring games I have played in a long time. The game is completely built around the auction house with poor gameplay and minimal customization.

Small maps, average graphics, little to no customization, no re-playability - Just a constant gear grind and actually very little challenge (other than ridiculous gear requirements to force you to use the auction house). Very
    expensive for a game that can be completed in such a short period of time. Horrible, horrible design. Expand
  66. Jun 24, 2012
    10 years for this sh*t? No lan? Need connection internet everytime you want to play? Graphics sucks, PVP delayed, Too much OP champions and nerfing the wrong ones, a guy finished the game on 12 hours or less? WTF bro! dont buy it, wait till the game has a better price.
  67. Jul 8, 2012
    this game is just rubbish,i cant find anything good to say about this game even if i got a gun to my head,save your money for anything better than this.
  68. Nov 8, 2012
    Awful and dumbed down in every singe way,The RMAH turn this game in a simple pay 2 win. thx god that i could rollback the charges in my CC. DOnt waste ur money in this crap....
    Awful and dumbed down in every singe
  69. Jul 26, 2013
    When you see the startling difference between User Review and Critics Review scores, you quickly draw the obvious conclusion: Diablo 3 has no right of existence and has been hyped beyond belief, while delivering a sub-par experience that has not only been riddled with launch and patch problems in the past, but today still suffers from a bad design, extremely limited content and too many console-friendly mechanics choices.

Diablo 3 wants to be plug and play for the masses, but that is never the game it was intended to be from part one. Fun for single playthrough on a day off, as eight to nine hours should do the job. Easily. The game does not deserve a single hour more, though.
  70. May 15, 2012
    I can honestly say there has never been another game that has disappointed me more. It is almost like Blizzard tried to make a game that could be simple enough to be ported to consoles. Because quite frankly this is really, really pitiful. The reasons have been covered enough, don't buy it.
  71. Oct 26, 2012
    I read the reviews. I chose to ignore them. I loved D2 and for some reason figured that the user reviews MUST have it wrong. Turns out the users are the ones who are right; I wish I paid more attention to them. Learn from my mistake! This game is a waste of money and does not follow in the footsteps of its' predecessor.
  72. Jun 9, 2012
    I wanted Diablo 3 to be a perfect game. I tried not to judge it by the errors following the release as many people did as it wasn't fair - now, nearly a month after the release the servers are stable, yet AH downtimes still happens. I've spend over 120 hours in game, cleared entire Inferno level with my main DH and I'm halfway through Hell with my Wiz. And I'm just bored. There game itself is good enough, but the randomization is barely noticeable and you just run the same levels over and over again (I went through all quests at least 7-9 times + farmed Act 3 of Inferno a lot) - it's simply boring, but I can get over that, it was to be expected. What I can't ger over is the **** beyond repair item drop system. All items you get are either total thrash or meant for 10 levels below yours - this is obviously intended to make people use AH - that's still fine. However, right now the AH is completely destroyed by Chinese gold farmers, Inferno item prices are skyhigh because of hyperinflation, basically an Inferno entry level gear for my Wiz costs about 25-30 mil, 2 weeks ago it was below 2 mil - farming Act 3 Inferno I would be able to afford that in about 4 months - obviously, by not solving this issue they want me to pay for those items on RMAH - no thanks. Add to the above the constant gold selling crap on all channels, frequent ninja nerfs that simply appear without any trace of patch notes, totally imbalanced difficulty in Inferno (I still feel sorry for melee classes after I face rolled through Inferno with my DH), loads of exploits available that allowed some people make fortunes in first two weeks, and so on. Basically, if you are not able to farm Inferno right now then you are **** out of luck because you'll need RMAH to do so. In the end the game itself is not bad, it gets boring but still it's not a bad game. However the implementation of item drop system that forces people to use AH and the hyperinflation that increased AH prices 10 times in two weeks simply made creating alts unpleasant. Expand
  73. May 15, 2012
    Randomly generated maps, unique monsters, classes that actually play differently from each other, good music, good art.
    What does all this make? A game that SHOULD have a 10 out of 10.
    But it's getting a 2 out of 10... because it requires you to be online to play it. Blizzard was quoted as saying everyone is always online. Well I wasn't over the weekend for several hours & guess who's
    not online right now? Blizzard.
    And so the game has become completely unplayable; barely obtaining a 2 out of 10. I paid $100 based on the public "beta" (which was actually an unfinished demo a.k.a. starter edition as it's now revealed to be) to purchase this game & to continue playing a great series. Even to this day I am still working on my Diablo 2 paladin attempting to get the "Doom runeword" in single player having never played in multi-player.
    Diablo 3's life time is sadly limited... probably to 1 year at which time Blizzard is likely to kill the servers to save money.
    But I'm not working on my Diablo 3 characters... because I can't play as Blizzard isn't online.
    Blizzard thinks they're secure in the fact that I've already bought the game... what they don't realize is, unlike the states, where I live I may still return the product even opened & registered.
    So here's $100 to say I think this can be a great game.... but if it's not playable SOON it'll be $100 saying "scre* off with your anti-consumerism Blizzard"
  74. Nov 9, 2013
    No feel of "Diablo". Feels like a juvenile adventure game, not a gothic horror. Disappointed to say the least. Hopefully the expansion breathes new life into it.
  75. May 17, 2012
    WTF is this. First I can't log in, now I get disconnected every 10 minutes. In a single player game. That's right. I need to be online to enjoy a single. player. game.
  76. May 20, 2012
    No, the game isn't as horrible as people make it out to be, but it's still the most disappointing Blizzard title to date. The graphics may be severely dated, the gameplay might be lackluster and tedious at times, and there is extremely limited variety among random item modifiers -- but the game is still fun -- although perhaps not $60-fun. I recommend it to people who are head over heels in love with the Diablo series but nobody else.

The game has plenty of great details, such as the fantastic-looking environments and animations despite the outdated graphics engine. The gameplay is fun, but it gets tedious very quickly -- Normal / Nightmare difficulties are way too easy, and Hell / Inferno are nothing more than inflated difficulty (insanely high HP/Damage) that require you to grind for better gear. The only new enemies you fight are ones that have gimmick abilities you must dodge (like of like a mario party minigame) and aren't actually any more difficult AI-wise. Really, they could have done a lot more in the 6+ years of development.

My issues with the game seem to be endless at times. The always-online DRM, the constant server problems and lag, frame-drops (my computer can handle most games at maxed GFX, but I still get frame-drops in Diablo 3), no PvP on launch, and I digress. One of my biggest complaints is that the auction house is a miserable excuse for a way to exchange items between players; with clunky searching options, maximum of 10 auctions at a time, and you cannot take items down once you've put them up -- so they are stuck there for 2 days unless they sell. So all in all, not the worst purchase I've ever made, but it's definitely one of the biggest let-downs.
  77. Aug 19, 2012
    I've never been so disappointed with a sequel in my life, and I'd like to think that it's not only because Diablo 2 was a great game, but also because this one is really bad. Blizzard is slipping in all departements, the story is just lazy, the characters are mostly flat and boring and they actually built this game on the premise that you'll play it over and over again anyway.

Here's a
    tip: the reason people played Diablo 2 over and over again for years and years wasn't because that was the only way to get good gear, or to change the difficulty (absolutely horrible that you can't start on harder difficulty in this goddamn game): they did it because the game was great fun to play in the first place.

My respect for Blizzard is severely damaged, and I won't be buying a game from them again anytime soon.
  78. Jun 27, 2012
    The randomised gameplay aspect is just a lie... Theo nly randomised things is fro example wagon switched places with a tree and occasionally popping up "random events", from a pool of like 2 per area. The rest is always same... From old Blizzard and for 60euros i expected to have many random events (come on, its not hard to script such events - players do it all the time in map editor of warcraft and starcraft games for free) in the pool and really randomly generated maps instead of what Actiblizzard gave us. Replayability is so utterly boring and repetetive that is a "no go".

Now the core: Actiblizzard made it the elite packs hunting. But what they gave us is hunting 4 irrelevant model of monsters with what really matters: totally random and not well thought-trough combinations of traits which are the thing you fight with... for melee characters you always see elite pack as a spinning lazers and for ranged you see them as mortar fireballs flying towards you - all the rest is irrelevant and that makes elite fights utterly boring retro arcade game.

On top of that you are bound to 2 very similiar combinations of one build that is the only way to challenge anything higher in difficulty than an actuall faceroll difficulty level for you AND build gets very boring. When you switch to anything else you wont be able to kill elite packs due to radiculous traits combinations.

Of course there is other way.... bring your credit card numbers (even tho you already paid 60euros).

In short:
    RMAH (real money acution house) is a fantastic feature, a great addition to any game, but sadly D3 was a low budget addon to the RMAH.
  79. May 21, 2012
    I'm level 55 and the game peaked at kinda fun about half way through but then quickly dropped to tedious monotony. This is not the product a company with unlimited resources and a sure fire hit should of made. Just for example, the items in the game are boring with only bigger number changes throughout the entire game. It is pure design by spreadsheet. No imagination. I could go on.. but meh.
  80. May 16, 2012
    Having to be online to play a Single Player game? I don't like it but as long as it works well... wait you get disconnected if the servers go down or your internet goes down? How about how poor the save system seems to be to the point when I quit the game I'm not quite sure how much progress I'll lose. How about being disconnected constantly and losing like the last half hour of gameplay? Also you seem to be playing the game that is running on a server somewhere else because you have a ping and it's constantly lagging from 200-500....... lagging in a Single Player game?

Last time I buy a game from Blizzard.
  81. May 15, 2012
    Do you know how disrespectful it is to have waited for this game for all those years to have the always online bull tell you the server is down? not even an offline mode? Jesus, they're not even trying.They made sure to pick an artstyle that drawed in the WoW crowd distroying the unique art that made diablo unique.It's a shame how short the game is also.It like they were doing nothing all that time. Expand
  82. Jun 4, 2012
    Listing everything wrong with this game would be giving it more attention than it deserves. It's a terrible game and Blizzard should be ashamed of themselves.
  83. Oct 6, 2012
    A perfect example on how to destroy one of the best game franchises around. Not worth spending a dime on it. You are better off playing any other game in the arpg style like torchlight 2, borderlands 2 or path of exile. Stay away from this game.
  84. Jun 15, 2012
    I'm really surprised out how blatantly biased these game "critics" are. Do these people actually get paid? I've read so many of these 100% reviews that it literally churns the stomach. How can anyone think this game is good? It's 13 hours of solid gameplay, then the rest is repetitive grind. The voice acting is TERRIBLE. Terrible, god damn it. The game's customization steered away from talent trees to this dumbed down "pick 6 skills and mash" system. Look up diablo 2 on gamefaqs and at their indepth/character guides and recognize how watered down this game is, compared to it's predecessor. The graphics are straight from the 2004 era, which, I can understand, considering blizzard strong arms you into playing online, but they could have at least used cell-shaded graphics. As it stands I won't buy the sequel, or any blizzard game at this point. It's down right appalling that people still buy the mountains of **** blizzard craps out and call it gold. This game is not gold, it's a long, tedious grind, that won't even last you 3 days. Worst of all, it's a loot game but it's so painfully randomized that you could spend your whole day grinding, even using exploits to make it go by faster, and never find a single piece of useful gear. You are better off going to the royal crypts loaded up with +Gold find, and buying **** off the AH. I have a firm belief that every game should last it's cost in hours. Diablo should have brought to me 60 hours of enjoyable time spent for the 60 bucks I had to pay. Instead I played it for 13 hours, enjoyed the cinematics, then the other 26 hours I begrudgingly put into it, I was banging my head against the desk, and the only thing that made it even remotely tolerable or why I kept going to begin with was because I had 6 people to play it with. I got skyrim 2 weeks ago and I'd say I'm about 20% through the **** game and still loving it. Sufficed to say, I haven't even touched diablo since and don't have the slightest desire to pick it up again, even if I played a new class. Blizzard really doesn't respect it's fanbase at all, if they think they can get away with marketing this and expecting us to eat it up. Game get's a 2/10, for not meeting my hour to cost quota, wasting 20+ hours of my life, and in all honesty, being drastically underwhelming for a game I have been waiting 10-11 years for. What. a. letdown. Expand
  85. Jan 12, 2013
    Diablo one was the best game of them all, The unlimited magic system, the skill trees in 2 were a great improvement, but the levels were boring, Now comes 3 made by Jay **** you Wilson, Hardly 200 people play this game anymore. So i guess **** you Jay, you failed. No one cares about this and it's called the worst in the set, i'd rather play the first game than this one, Everything has been dumbed down. Expand
  86. Apr 11, 2013
    This rating is not based in DRM. Is based in gameplay.... the worst gameplay ever. A point and kill game. I dont know why people can say it has "good graphics". Come on, pixeled characters?, fuzzy grass? shadow trees? Nothing has good resolution or detail or style (and yes, Im playing it in the Highest detail with 3GB in VRAM) Repetitive as hell, you have seen everything in the first 30 minutes. Since then, just point and kill. A Well deserved 0 for this "game". Expand
  87. Nov 17, 2012
    Diablo III doesn't even deserve a review, it just doesn't. It's quite bad after your first playthrough.

Not only is the lead designer (Jay Wilson) a total douche who should get his nutsack torn off by chainsaw-wielding killer sharks, but his "masterpiece" (as he calls it) single handedly destroyed the Diablo series (and this is coming from a fan of D1. I'm not even a hardcore fan
    either). All I can really say is that it was created as a cash cow because of the Real Money Auction House. Why do I claim this? There's no other reason they would completely obliterate a specialization of playstyle every single patch, expecting players to buy a whole new set of gear. The Increased Attack Speed nerf as well as multiple nerfs to special Wizard builds are a testament of this. Rather than making the speccs still playable, they nerfed them to the ground completely. Why? MONEY MONEY MONEY!

I could go on an on about how the game itself actually sucks, but I think the 4.7k+ negative reviews would tell you this. While I'll admit at least 2k or so are from nerd-raging, hardcore, D2 fans, many of them are new players of Diablo, and they too will admit this game is garbage. I feel ripped off and I got this game for FREE.
  88. Jan 17, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Nothing but a mediocre game. Blizzard really screwed us all with this game. The first two were awesome, but this is NOT Diablo. First of all, no single player. You need an internet connection to play, meaning when Blizzard put the servers down for maintenance, you can't play. The story of the game is poor and the horrific mood doesn't exist at all. The Butcher of Act I made me laugh rather than having me thinking "Holy **** I'm as good as dead". BAD GAME, DON'T BUY IT! Expand
  89. Mar 7, 2014
    Diablo III is one of the biggest disappointments in gaming history. The story is garbage, the graphics are cartoonish, etc etc etc. I had trouble seeing 15 months of development, not to mention the 15 years that D3 took. I'll be an old man for D4, not that I would waste my money again. To rub salt in the wounds, D3 is almost decent now that the DLC is about to be released. Too little way too late. I hope nobody buys the DLC to send a clear message to Blizzard that their game is pathetic . Expand
  90. May 15, 2012
    Cliche story. You are able to see what is going or who is who right from the beginning, which are signs of terrible story writing. Poor in-game cutscenes. Average graphics. Below average music (with Matt Uelmen gone - the name behind Diablo 1 & 2 soundtracks, it just feels unoriginal & boring). Terrible level designs, very limited procedural generation which gets boring real fast. Being locked to 6 skills at a time, very few skills, automatic stat allocation. Etc... etc...

But my biggest problems are: EU is completely broken, login servers are down, game servers are heavily loaded & busy... Can't you add login delays & queue to keep login servers up? And how come game servers are loaded & busy? What was that stress test for? These are just amateur mistakes from Blizzard. It gets my rating down to 2 from 6.
  91. Jul 10, 2012
    Very Bad Story
    Capitalism RMAH/GoldAH
    Skillsystem? I cant find them
    Bugs,Bugs, BUGS!
    Cloud Gaming (Blizzard can patch from server without Real Patch)
    Dropsystem,Itemsystem: So bad design

I give 0 in 10 points and say this game is the biggest disappointment in videogame history.
  92. May 15, 2012
    This game is terrible, talk about a rotten apple. It has been 12 years since Diablo 2 and it is plain to see they just took this game of the old project/expansion pack storage shelf, wiped the dust off and repackaged it. The storyline is very thin on the ground and the whole single player story is exceptionally short only a few hours of quite repetitive play, the character customisation system is limited and in places even confusing unless you are familiar with the previous games. This entire game is just shameless grab for more money by forcing a continual online connection and perpetuating the myth that online multiplayer or pay to play WOW type play is the only way to go. There is no way on earth this game can justify the hype or the hefty price tag, Diablo 2 was a much better game. That fact coupled with the multitude of errors, DRM activation problems and the online requirement make the whole thing slightly more enjoyable than a bad hangover from a long weekend. I strongly recommend anyone reading this to look to an older and much loved Diablo type clone instead for long term internet connection free enjoyment, titles such as Titan Quest, Torchlight, and Silver Fall spring to mind. In the interests of saving your money for a good gaming experience please donââ Expand
  93. May 15, 2012
    Very bad internet connection and bad graphic just stops this game to be the best rpg this year,very disappointing game finger down.This game isn't worth so long waiting.For all of you out there better play one GREAT GAME which is called MAX PAYNE 3,BTW I am playing it on Xbox 360 and the game is great i am jus sad because the game doesnt have better graphic,consoles can have much better graphic than thi but overall the graphic is very good.But Diablo 3 sucks at every look Expand
  94. May 16, 2012
    Pathetic. This shouldn't even be a game. The customization of online play that i loved in battle.net is missing in this game and the sad thing this game is 100% online. So you have bad match making and room creation with friends. Collecting loot is pointless just go for the high level items and gold drops anything else just ignore. Since all drops from mobs rarely go over 5 gold including semi rare stuff like gems sell for 3 gold. When a potion costs you 100+gold So you need to collect several inventories full just to buy 1 potion. Wasting about 5 potions doing so. The bosses feel unoriginal and less unique than older games and unique monsters feel less than thrilling to find. Shrines feel USELESS. The only thing going for this game is a beautiful art style. I liked the old story line in D2 where you unlocked a different story where you get to see what happened and how it happened. While in D3 the cut scenes are just cut scenes of the story you just went through almost like a recap. This is very much pay to win game who ever invests the most money will have the best gear and not really a game of skill.. Expand
  95. May 16, 2012
    Wow, they not only managed to make the game always in multiplayer mode, they also managed to do it always unplayable. Nice one, very good one gentlemen.
  96. Jun 25, 2012
    Could have been great... but... the lag even when playing single player just ruins the experience. The lag is hit and miss, comes and goes at random. Nothing like getting killed by lag, and the annoying rubber-band slingshot effect. Blizz seems determined to blame the community rather than their servers. I play a lot of online games, from WOW to TF2 and hardly ever have any lag on my 25 meg connection... but in Diablo 3 it is just a frustrating fact that you have to endure. Without the lag I would give the game a solid 8, but with the lag... a 3 at best. Diablo 3 will be the last Blizz game I ever purchase. I have been a loyal customer since Warcraft 2 and have spent hundreds of dollars on their games. Too bad... their loss. Expand
  97. May 30, 2012
    Up Yours Blizzard. Up yours with my copy of this short, poorly designed game. Online only? Phsck you for that as well. The only possible reason that it's online only is for the DRM that you're refusing to admit to, nothing to do with the poor excuse of an auction house! It's no wonder you're giving this heap of crap out for free with the year long subscription to WoW. It's just that bad and you dorks know it!.. What the hell were the BETA TESTERS DOING IN THIS GAME!?!?!?!?!?!? Not telling us how poor it was going to be, that's for one sure thing... Expand
  98. Jul 11, 2012
    So you beat the game that should take you maybe 8 hours and you think hmm pretty good story kind of fun combat. You'll beat it again you'll think same old but combat was much better. You'll beat it again same old combat once again better. You'll try miserably to beat it again for what reason you do not know but what you do know is you need to grind ever better gear just so you can beat a game you have already beaten 3 times and you begin to wonder what exactly am I doing? I have already experienced all this game has to offer nothing new is coming and yet I am grinding gear to accomplish what? You will stand their puzzled and confused because this does not make sense.
    You will than say to yourself am I missing something? The answer you will later realize either by yourself or by reading reviews is No.
    So do I recommend this game? No.
  99. Aug 18, 2012
    It's a single-player game that requires online. The writing has taken a nosedive compared to Diablo II. The gameplay is repetitive without being as satisfying as Diablo II.
  100. May 20, 2012
    Diablo III would be a great game, if it weren't for a few problems. The fact that you have to be logged on to play being the worst among them. I can never get my latency better than around 350 milliseconds, which is crippling. I play many other games on many servers, usually with latencies ranging from 20 ms to 40 ms.

Also, you have no control over your builds. Pick any two characters of
    the same class and level, and they'll be exactly the same. This is just terrible. Expand
  101. May 15, 2012
    Really the RMAH kills the game.
    It's the justification for the always online killing modding and LAN.
    The game really isn't long because of this, it may be alright for the 10 or so hours you play, but accept that the RMAH almost directly kills longetivity.

I'd wait until the game is piratable or something, because right now it's not worth the money. It's a shame that blizzard has
    completely turned it's back to the real fans for more money. Collapse

1. Aug 31, 2012