Diablo III PC

4.0

1. May 18, 2012
    Diablo 3 would have been acceptable years ago, but games and their players have advanced since the last update in this series. Seems odd that it took so long for a game that seems essentially a higher-resolution version of D2 to become reality. Perhaps I set my expectations too high, but I've seen better versions of this genre from smaller developers, at a lower price, and without theDiablo 3 would have been acceptable years ago, but games and their players have advanced since the last update in this series. Seems odd that it took so long for a game that seems essentially a higher-resolution version of D2 to become reality. Perhaps I set my expectations too high, but I've seen better versions of this genre from smaller developers, at a lower price, and without the always-connected limitations. Expand
  2. May 18, 2012
    Diablo is definitively not to be purchased at 50 or 40$. Mandatory internet connection is just wrong. We need solo player. Automatic skills selection is wrong. Tested on a friend PC, I will buy it when it is 10$. Does not deserve more. If you want a real great sequel to Diablo 2 go and support Path Of Exile which is what Diablo 3 should have been.
  3. May 19, 2012
    This game is unplayable because of DRM. I have 6Mbps ADSL Internet connection and pings in other games like 80-120ms. In D3 my average ping is of 600-1000. This is incredibly unplayable even at single player campaign.
    I've wasted 60 euros just because Blizzard was a trusted company for me till here. I don't care about graphics and sound, i don't care about many years of development of that game. I simply log in, watch my hero "jumping through space" in lags and i quit.
  4. May 19, 2012
    I give one point for Diablo 3 for changes for the skill system, which is way better than in the D2 (personally liked the D1 system better). I must give second point for Diablo 3 for the non-featured ability to make other games more interesting. Haven't played games for a long time with such vigor! Good job Blizzard. Every time I start playing Diablo 3 a compelling feeling forces me to goI give one point for Diablo 3 for changes for the skill system, which is way better than in the D2 (personally liked the D1 system better). I must give second point for Diablo 3 for the non-featured ability to make other games more interesting. Haven't played games for a long time with such vigor! Good job Blizzard. Every time I start playing Diablo 3 a compelling feeling forces me to go back to old games or by a new one from Steam! Never felt better! Still I payed too steep price for such revelation.

Consider carefully for buying this game. Read reviews and make up your own mind.
  5. May 20, 2012
    Okay, Diablo 3's quite good, but the download and login problems are bloody chronic. I think this low rating gives a nice little warning that making single player games require login, then **** up the login servers just isn't acceptable. Giving 3/10 to push it closer to 3.3 (as in Error 33).
  6. May 20, 2012
    Diablo III does not reach my expectations, but they were extremely high and unreachable. Diablo III is a great followup from Diablo II. It's downside is that the music does not create the same athmosphere as diablo II's music did. They have relied much on nostalgia when creating the music, and not succeeded with creating fresh and new awesome diablo music. Also the game is short. I wasDiablo III does not reach my expectations, but they were extremely high and unreachable. Diablo III is a great followup from Diablo II. It's downside is that the music does not create the same athmosphere as diablo II's music did. They have relied much on nostalgia when creating the music, and not succeeded with creating fresh and new awesome diablo music. Also the game is short. I was expecting a 20~ hour playthrough and it took me 10 hours to complete and i listened to all the lore and went into all the caves i found while exploring. I mean, about 6 years development, come on! The new fresh skillsystem is welcome though. Delete's the possibility to fail your character and still maintains alot of customization options.

Also the launch issues were annoying. Achievements has not been working, In my first playthrough i did not recieve any achievement at all. Nevertheless it's a great game and it's easily worth the money. I will spend hundreds of hours playing it.
    If you like bashing skulls on a bazzilion amount of monstrous creatures, Do not hesitate!
  7. May 20, 2012
    Diablo has been Kotified. No more farming items, you have to farm cash to spoend in the Auction House. With real life money AH coming next week no surprise the whole game is designed to push you into using it.
  8. May 20, 2012
    Single player has all the worst features of a MMo, first of all server availability. Europe severs offline on sunday: no single player, no game, only the sensation of the worst work in blizzard history.
  9. May 20, 2012
    so many blizzard fanboys giving a 10 to a very bad game,and the critics that gave this game a 88 must be in payrole,but we have seen this in a lot of other poor games just to sell a couple more games.
    good luck to play this game when the servers die and at this rate it wont take long to blizzard close the servers,keep buying games with drm and online activation and the future is a very bad place for all the players.
  10. May 21, 2012
    Everything you loved about Diablo 1 and 2 where removed in this game. No more custom stats. No more skill trees. No more character customization. Graphics are okay at best. The storyline is horrible. The only well-done thing is the cinematics. I'm afraid Blizzard has totally and completely become Activision. Where their motto is: "Gamers don't know what they want - we know whatEverything you loved about Diablo 1 and 2 where removed in this game. No more custom stats. No more skill trees. No more character customization. Graphics are okay at best. The storyline is horrible. The only well-done thing is the cinematics. I'm afraid Blizzard has totally and completely become Activision. Where their motto is: "Gamers don't know what they want - we know what gamers want." They completely and utterly ignore what their customers state they want in a game. Oh . . . and no Cow Level. Expand
  11. May 22, 2012
    Overall a poor effort by ActivisionBlizzard.

The initial server stability problems were terrible but forgivable. Unfortunately, this game just isn't very good. To begin, the actual campaign is very short. Acts 1 & 2 come in at a reasonable size, but Acts 3 & 4 just feel terribly rushed. This should be offset by the replayability of facing multiple difficulty levels in new procedurally
    Overall a poor effort by ActivisionBlizzard.

To begin, the actual campaign is very short. Acts 1 & 2 come in at a reasonable size, but Acts 3 & 4 just feel terribly rushed. This should be offset by the replayability of facing multiple difficulty levels in new procedurally generated zones. The generated levels just don't work; they compare poorly even to the decade-old Diablo 2. Typically there are few if any variations to the level structure, and randomization is achieved by dropping objectives and monsters haphazardly over this template. It feels completely entirely the same as when you cleared it the last time.

The game's story is weak. Admittedly, no one really plays an ARPG for the story, but this one just feels very lazy. In Diablo 2 events happened because you were chasing Diablo. It drove the story and events happened within that framework. In Diablo 3 it's not really clear what you're doing; you simply react to a series of events. One thing happens and you investigate, and once you finish off one antagonist a brand new one pops up to advance the game. There's little sense of continuity from one mission to the next. The one surprise built into the story is utterly predictable.

Of course, the important part of an ARPG is going to be in the characters, combat and actual gameplay.

Combat is a mixed bag. The developers have really tried to make fight more tactical at all levels of the game. When it works it really *works* and produces a fun and exciting experience. This really isn't made to scale properly with level difficulty. Rather than monsters acting more intelligently or providing more varied encounters, higher difficulties just tack on more hitpoints and damage to everything. There is a sweet spot where technique and character build really matter, but for most of the game you either crush everything without a thought or just die to your foe without even the chance to react. Champion mobs get special modifiers which can produce unique fights, but once again turn into a situation whereby they are completely easy, or impossibly difficult. There is definitely a spot where characters and difficulty match up perfectly. If Blizzard could manage to match these up more consistently then this could be a great game. For most of the game, they just miss. The place where this is most apparent is in the end game. It is apparent that Inferno mode was never properly playtested. Because the AI doesn't become any smarter as you advance, Inferno mode was made difficult by simply piling damage onto monster. The practical result is that classes that can avoid damage and attack from range can move straight to the end, whereas classes that were meant to mitigate damage and get close to the enemies cannot participate at all. In summation: poorly tuned, lousy story, and repetitive.

3/10.
  12. May 23, 2012
    My experience with Diablo III hasnâ
  13. May 23, 2012
    Aside from technical difficulties and the need to be connected online to be able to play in single player the game doesn't shine at all. No class customization, very bland gameplay and really outdated graphics. This game is beyond casual and I find myself having a hard time playing it since there so many better games out there. And I'd rather still play Diablo 2 then the new one. NoAside from technical difficulties and the need to be connected online to be able to play in single player the game doesn't shine at all. No class customization, very bland gameplay and really outdated graphics. This game is beyond casual and I find myself having a hard time playing it since there so many better games out there. And I'd rather still play Diablo 2 then the new one. No real innovations and the game feels like a step back from Diablo 2. Really disappointed I would not recommend buying the game. I really hope they release major updates to include more class customization.... Expand
  14. May 23, 2012
    The game may be good, I cant tell however, because there is TOO MUCH LAG IN MY SINGLE PLAYER GAME. Sloppy execution, who the **** knows about story, cant get 10 minutes in at a time.
  15. May 23, 2012
    The tuning in Inferno is the dumbest game design decision I have ever seen. What was blizzard thinking? Missing half the features at launch with a social system worse than D2's is just icing on the turdcake.
  16. May 23, 2012
    Cannot believe how disappointing this game has been to me. Blizzard completely missed the mark.

And yet they literally remain silent, hundreds of thousands of accounts are being hacked every single day because of a server loophole and they say and do NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not to mention the fact that blues are better than legionaries, and the ecenomic situation the auction house is in

Not to mention the fact that blues are better than legionaries, and the ecenomic situation the auction house is in due to the 5000 exploitable chests/bosses etc that are in this game, its not about grinding gear for inferno it's about grinding money for buying gear from the AH that people have exploited to farm inferno.
  17. May 25, 2012
    I was willing to overlook the connection problems, the poor itemization, the terrible story, and the general dumbing down of characters. What I'm not willing to overlook however, is that my account has been hacked half a dozen times now, without my account itself being compromised. Blizzards servers themselves are vulnerable to attack, effectively destroying any effort put into the game.I was willing to overlook the connection problems, the poor itemization, the terrible story, and the general dumbing down of characters. What I'm not willing to overlook however, is that my account has been hacked half a dozen times now, without my account itself being compromised. Blizzards servers themselves are vulnerable to attack, effectively destroying any effort put into the game. Activision Blizzard keeps ignoring the problem, blaming players who "must have" given up their login info somehow, when I'm absolutely certain that is not the case. Do not buy this game. I wanted to love it, but I can't. Activision has effectively destroyed any reputation for quality Blizzard had with the release of this game, and it's so incredibly sad. Expand
  18. May 25, 2012
    I have never been so disappointed for a game in my life!! This took all the elements from Diablo 2 that people loved and trashed them, watered them down, and changed them for the worse. Now there's horrible voice acting, cartoonish characters, linear gameplay and skill choice, item dependency, annoying online DRM (a highly off-putting quality IMO), Inventory resizing, characters that can'tI have never been so disappointed for a game in my life!! This took all the elements from Diablo 2 that people loved and trashed them, watered them down, and changed them for the worse. Now there's horrible voice acting, cartoonish characters, linear gameplay and skill choice, item dependency, annoying online DRM (a highly off-putting quality IMO), Inventory resizing, characters that can't "use" melee/ranged items.... The list goes on and on. After hours of giving the game a chance to impress me and moving all the way to Act 3, I was absolutely disgusted how boring, childish, and overall fake everything came out to be. The atmosphere of the game isn't dark enough and I don't feel like I have any control over the outcome of the character. This game does not deserve the word Diablo in its title!! Honest to God I went out and sold the game to someone my cousin knew and helped them change the blizzard account information. YEAH.. IT WAS THAT TERRIBLE.... Blizzard, you honestly blew it. SOOOO Disappointing....... Expand
  19. May 25, 2012
    D3 totally the worst game this year, less than half of characters' skills are usable, classes unbalance, and bugs (item copying, directly open treasure chests), and WTF the boss Diablo's attack pattern is completely copy form D2!!!! Also the game difficulty, most people beat the game at launch day and they now tune the game harder / nerf characters, do dev think this is fun?? fxxk you blizzard
  20. May 26, 2012
    A big let down can play single player with out being logged in. graphics are ok nothing big. If they wanted to make a good game then they should have done away with the log in stuff for a single player game i can care less about co-op
  21. May 27, 2012
    I am just going to state the facts.

Diablo2, everybody just spammed Baal Throne room, Diablo sanctuary runs, and Andreal runs but the loot you could get off them had a higher chance of dropping good rares and uniques. Diablo3, Blizzard took the concept of Ball Throne room mobs, spread them out across the map, force players to fight mobs before reaching the big bosses, and even when
    I am just going to state the facts.

Diablo3, Blizzard took the concept of Ball Throne room mobs, spread them out across the map, force players to fight mobs before reaching the big bosses, and even when you win, you had no guarantee that the drops were going to be good.

Diablo3, gave elites too much "annoying power" that forced players to kite mobs back to the entrance of the dungeon or around in circles. Playing co-op has its advantages and disadvantages. Sometimes you have a group with bad geared people who can't take down elites, sometimes you have one person who has good gear and the rest bad which always results in the good geared person leaving the game because he can kill faster in solo than in co-op, the last scenario is a game were everybody has good gear but the point is gear grinding is very dull and item rolls and augments are random meaning that 1/16 of the time you will get a level 60 weapon that has the +XP augment which is totally useless since the level cap is 60 anyway.
  22. May 28, 2012
    A lot of parts of the game feels untested (especially Inferno) . Class balance is non
    existent, few classes is making insane amounts of gold by farming inferno act 3-4 while other cant earn a dime , progress beyond act 1. Itemization seems vastly inferior to one in Diablo 2.
  23. May 28, 2012
    Gameplay/fun = 7.5 - (When playable)
    Server/support = 0 - Game is not playable in current form - spend some money on Australian servers
    RPG elements = 5 - little customisation no way to make a great (or bad) character as all players are the same if leveled up Graphics = 5 - ok but from 5 years ago Story = 7 - what you expect for this type of game Verdict = Simplified but fun game when
    Gameplay/fun = 7.5 - (When playable)
    Graphics = 5 - ok but from 5 years ago
    Story = 7 - what you expect for this type of game
    Verdict = Simplified but fun game when playable, should have been better. Recommendations - don't buy it in Australia at the Aussie price - at peak hours you may not be able to play the game you paid for or it will lag sooo much you will smash your computer in frustration. Wait for Torchlight 2 at half the price and double the fun. If the game was playable wih decent server support then score would be 6/10 but after buying a game I would like to play it and I can't. Might be ok if another company did this too me but Blizzard should give us better with their multiplayer history and amounts of money from making the game.
  24. May 29, 2012
    Over a decade in the making - Blizzard presents you with the most fantastic game release failure in recent memory. The game, is ok - however - with the anticipation of D3, the huge resources of Blizzard - the end product is unforgivable.

The game, has potential, if it worked. In the spirit of other Blizzard titles - we have whining players, constant changes to classes, mechanics, gameplay - and inconsistent application of stats. It just has this sour taste ... reminiscent of another Blizzard title. This is Diablo, not World of Whinecraft. Diablo fans want what they expect, not an unfinished, untested game that is flawed, broken in many ways - and still a work in progress. As a Diablo fan - who has played all 3 Diablo I'm soundly disappointed by this mediocre release. Even the auction house doesn't work. Nothing works in game! I didn't expect to play a half-finished beta - served as a final product. Pathetic.
  25. May 31, 2012
    This game forces you to play online, then does server maintenence whenever they feel like it, for 3 times the duration that they "expect" it to be. After maintenence , bugs still occur all the time. Basically you as a consumer are not respected, are totally dispensable to blizzard, and clearly blizzard does not give a crap about you , thinking they can do whatever the hell they want andThis game forces you to play online, then does server maintenence whenever they feel like it, for 3 times the duration that they "expect" it to be. After maintenence , bugs still occur all the time. Basically you as a consumer are not respected, are totally dispensable to blizzard, and clearly blizzard does not give a crap about you , thinking they can do whatever the hell they want and you will still pay them Expand
  26. May 30, 2012
    At best this is Malibu Stacy with a new hat, The the game itself is quite polished and the world, is very refined, special effects, lighting, character models, sound and atmosphere are all nicely put together. The story and cinematics are bland and not at all entertaining, making grinding for loot the only reason to play the game. after that much time and that much money spent BlizzardAt best this is Malibu Stacy with a new hat, The the game itself is quite polished and the world, is very refined, special effects, lighting, character models, sound and atmosphere are all nicely put together. The story and cinematics are bland and not at all entertaining, making grinding for loot the only reason to play the game. after that much time and that much money spent Blizzard only come out with a John Carter of a game. Expand
  27. May 30, 2012
    Poor search functions on the AH
    Unstable servers - Stupid always online DRM. Today, 2 weeks after launch it still isn't working properly.
    Poor search functions on the AH
    The story has big plot holes and it is anticlimactic. The lack of stat and skill points is stupid, and it prevents the existence of heavier armors for melee characters. That every class uses the same armor is stupid. The game is way too simplified for my liking. The loot drops for characters 10 levels below your actual character, and it is usually completely useless, like wizard hats with strength on.
  28. May 31, 2012
    Enhanced graphics and great cinematics. That are the two cool points of Diablo 3.
    The rest is a crappy version of Diablo 2. Bad story, bad character development, awfull loot system, obligatory use of AH to get decent stuff for inferno mode, unsatisfactory play experience after normal mode... 'nough said.
  29. May 31, 2012
    This game is unplayable. Its great, graphics are superb, sound, etc, but its unplayable. Dont waste money. You will just sit and keep logging in for hours only to get kicked from the game to long in again. Play free offline version - you save money and can actually enjoy it!
  30. May 31, 2012
    Casual Diablo. But its not the point. Game is killed by auction house. - Game about collecting items, where you buy all for few k gold and found nothing! better in next 20 levels of character.

Second thing is mega fail of blizzard. From the best and solid developer, blizzard slide down to to mud.
  31. Jun 1, 2012
    The new Diablo 3 is simply amazing. Oh well, it would be amazing if it just was playable. Internet connection to Blizzard servers is always unreliable, most players (including me) suffer high ping rates (around 0.5-1 secs) that makes the game experience really really bad, the servers are quite frequently down for maintenance, the auction house has still bugs, items disappear, achievementsThe new Diablo 3 is simply amazing. Oh well, it would be amazing if it just was playable. Internet connection to Blizzard servers is always unreliable, most players (including me) suffer high ping rates (around 0.5-1 secs) that makes the game experience really really bad, the servers are quite frequently down for maintenance, the auction house has still bugs, items disappear, achievements are not registered. But the worst thing is that there's no Single Player for this game. You are always required to be connected to the internet and to Blizzard servers, and this is really painful.
    As long as you play in normal difficulty everything goes pretty fine, but as you go up to higher difficulties you will find yourself dying and dying and dying because of the high lags.
    I would have given 10 to the game, if Blizzard had made this game playable and enjoyable.
  32. Jun 1, 2012
    This game under working conditions deserves 3 or 4 max. Well it isn't working at all. So I give it 0.

A new day, a new error. This is slap in the face for all the customers who bought "fastest selling game of all times. These days there is like 1 out of 50 games that comes out as finished product. Blizzard took way to long time to release D3 which is far from the finished game. They plan to bring pvp system through the future patch?! However they are far to busy solving so many other problems that the game is facing. They released the game as final product and yet they plan to change some core systems that they presented as something never seen before. D2 was brilliant game, it was far from perfect but it was good, and that was like 10 years ago. Things like scroll of identification and town portal scroll are totally unimportant to me. Anyway while I can understand why they removed those, following the same logic I don't get it why they left "white" items in the game (drop system) when there is absolutely no use for those items. D2 had "white" items too but those were very useful for crafting. Crafting system in D3 is dumb and totally worthless, you lose gold and materials by "gambling" for the stats instead of getting what you pay for. It has all be planned in such way so we all use gold auction house, but the reality is they want to force you to use Real money Auction House. This game is biggest failure in gaming history ever. Period.
  33. Jun 1, 2012
    I've played around a 100 hours of Diablo 3 and I can say I have an accurate grasp overall on the release. Yes, the critic reviews are positive. My review would be too if I only played for a few hours on normal. The game doesn't have much replay value so leveling past your first hero might get boring. The auction house is dreadful; it rarely works, has a very limited post limit, and isI've played around a 100 hours of Diablo 3 and I can say I have an accurate grasp overall on the release. Yes, the critic reviews are positive. My review would be too if I only played for a few hours on normal. The game doesn't have much replay value so leveling past your first hero might get boring. The auction house is dreadful; it rarely works, has a very limited post limit, and is incredibly inflated. Inferno mode is the biggest joke I've ever seen. I've cleared through most of it (painstakingly) but it literally wasn't even tested by Blizzard. A lot of down time combined with many late game inconveniences makes this the biggest gaming disappointment in years. Expand
  34. Jun 1, 2012
    12 years in the making and I was bored after the first week. You could beat the game in probably one day. Security is **** my brother got hacked right when he got level 60 and got to inferno. Probably won't be picking this game up for a WHILE. Also, whats with all the **** DRM? Honestly, get over it, THERE WILL ALWAYS BE PIRATES. Its not like you guys are loosing millions like i'm sure12 years in the making and I was bored after the first week. You could beat the game in probably one day. Security is **** my brother got hacked right when he got level 60 and got to inferno. Probably won't be picking this game up for a WHILE. Also, whats with all the **** DRM? Honestly, get over it, THERE WILL ALWAYS BE PIRATES. Its not like you guys are loosing millions like i'm sure you guys think you are. You would make millions if it was on steam. Honestly not worth the 60 bucks. Expand
  35. Jun 2, 2012
    8 years of development. REALLY? I mean, REALLY? The only feature that''ll make you play is the same ol' stuff, with stripped features compared to Diablo 2. This is truly a sad day for the gaming industry.
  36. Jun 4, 2012
    Very dissapointed, the music, atmosphere, stats, skill trees and awesome gear are gone... I am glad i found Torchlight, feels a lot more like Diablo than this.
  37. Jun 6, 2012
    Piece of **** update all the time, can not work off line, result you wait and maybe you will have a chance to play.

Story very short, not very impress
  38. Jun 7, 2012
    If you enjoyed diablo 1 and 2 you won't be getting the same from D3. It has shifted to a more casual side and the devs have repeatedly said this. While that may not be a bad thing in itself it has caused the game to become overbearingly simplified and boring. By default the game is set to retard mode, because supposedly numbers confuse people, and the skill system is oversimplified.If you enjoyed diablo 1 and 2 you won't be getting the same from D3. It has shifted to a more casual side and the devs have repeatedly said this. While that may not be a bad thing in itself it has caused the game to become overbearingly simplified and boring. By default the game is set to retard mode, because supposedly numbers confuse people, and the skill system is oversimplified. Elective mode and advanced tooltips have to be turned on to change this. The devs seem to think that D2 was made to be a coop pve game, I don't know how they can claim this because Blizzard North made it and they are gone. This game boils down to a loot hunt for items with a single type of stat (each class is modified greatly by 1 stat), once you get the best gear, there isn't much left to do without pvp. Once you've hit 60 on 5 characters you're pretty much done with the game, there is re-playability but no longevity. Inferno isn't fun it is boring and frustrating. The loot hunt in Diablo 2 was fun and the itemization was amazing. While D3 is supposed to be more pve oriented, party size was cut in half. People farmed in D2 so that they could obliterate other people in PK games. People farm in D3 so that they can farm more? Expand
  39. Jun 10, 2012
    Im very Angry at blizzard ONLINE ONLY????????? Single player game what in the world . Game itself is i dont know old at the beggining? and chats is only spam sell this sell this thx blizz
  40. Jun 10, 2012
    I thought I would give Diablo 3 a shot despite the avalanche of negative user reviews. I quickly realized that my fellow gamers were right. This game is so bad, I scarcely know where to begin. Awful graphics, repetitive gameplay, limited character customization, constant connection problems (even a month after release), real money auction house, simplistic story line...

Blizzard cut every

Blizzard cut every corner possible in an effort to mazimize profits, and it shows, A LOT. Don't waste your money on this title.
  41. Jun 12, 2012
    It's mediocre at best, the plot is uninspired and the major plot twist is equally cheap and unimaginative.
    The combat is satisfying but that's about it, blizzard has dumbed down the skill and attribute system to a greatly simplified talent system that can be infinitely respected without incurring any penalty. Boss battles are pretty simple as well, the major bosses have annoying AOE attacks which get spammed at regular intervals to make up for how easy they are to defeat. This game is nerfed out of the box.
  42. Jun 13, 2012
    This "game" is a shame for Blizzard and for players! I spend more than 40 hours on ths game before i say what i think. Graphisms are from an other time (10 years ago?) the gameplay? what gameplay? Loots are so poor! and the aspect "paytowin" is really , really a shame. And of course i don't speak about the obligation to be online all the time. I think Blizzard is over, just a company toThis "game" is a shame for Blizzard and for players! I spend more than 40 hours on ths game before i say what i think. Graphisms are from an other time (10 years ago?) the gameplay? what gameplay? Loots are so poor! and the aspect "paytowin" is really , really a shame. And of course i don't speak about the obligation to be online all the time. I think Blizzard is over, just a company to make money making casual games. I go back to D2, waiting Torchlight2 . I hope i will be better - but i guess it will be easy to be better. (Sorry for english people , english is not my native language) Expand
  43. Jun 16, 2012
    Hmm, where should i start? I played through diablo III once, using demon hunter. I never really felt compelled to play more then once through, I felt that everything was the same again. This game is sort of like fruit stripe gum, it looses its flavor after only a little while, and you dont even get the cool tattoo afterward. Im a huge nerd for Diablo II and the expansion pack, and thisHmm, where should i start? I played through diablo III once, using demon hunter. I never really felt compelled to play more then once through, I felt that everything was the same again. This game is sort of like fruit stripe gum, it looses its flavor after only a little while, and you dont even get the cool tattoo afterward. Im a huge nerd for Diablo II and the expansion pack, and this game came no where near Lord of destruction. The art reminded me of Warcraft which i absolutely despise. They need to fire their art directors, keep it interesting. Blizzard is no longer a gaming company, its a corporate entity polishing up games so much that everyone likes them. In the end, its not the case just look at the user scores. The auction system kinda sucked IMO, the story got bland after the 3rd act. I realllly liked the lore in the beginning it gave alot of depth, then i got to the last act and deckard cain wouldnt shut up! I dont care about every blessed demon just shut up and let me kill! Way to over do it. The backgrounds were actually really good, especially in the second act with the palace in the background. mmm, the regular art was too much like warcraft, i wonder if other people thought of that as well? The textures are so bland and unappealing, im glad they changed the color scheme from super happy rainbow warcraft funtime, to just a little darker, it fits the mood better. You guys should look up photos of how diablo III was going to look back in the day with the old art! Its looks like your playing through a F*****g masterpiece painting! (in a good way) Expand
  44. Jun 16, 2012
    ARPG without any loot surprise. 150 hours game play with my Demon Hunter i get 1 Legendary Shield. A game simply lead you to total frustration. When the RMAH came live, answer is clear. You are forced to buy something from RMAH or you going to spend countless hours farming gold to get some EQ that help you to progress to next level. Simply Boring and Frustrated.
  45. Jun 18, 2012
    Who decided that this was worth $60, why do I equip a spear for the monk and he uses his fists? Why do I need someone to hold my hand through the first 10 levels? Why do I need to be online for a single player game? Why does the graphical detail look like it
  46. Jun 20, 2012
    Save your time and money, this game was an absolute failure. The only way you might like it is if you never played the first two of the series. If you have played the first two avoid this at all costs, it was an absolute failure and it is only a giant ploy to fuel the real money auction house in the game.
  47. Jun 21, 2012
    What is there to say: I was playing the game for 2 weeks after the release date, and that's it. Did not remove it from my PC, but haven't started it since. I just don't feel the urge to play it.
    Funny, but this was not the case with Diablo 1 or 2...
  48. Jun 21, 2012
    I had a lot of hope for this game and gave it a chance to prove my initial feelings wrong, but after a month it hasn't managed to overcome the negativity I feel towards it. The skill system suffers from the designers not knowing what they wanted. They wanted you to have the freedom to basically play as you like and change skills to help overcome difficult parts of the game. However, atI had a lot of hope for this game and gave it a chance to prove my initial feelings wrong, but after a month it hasn't managed to overcome the negativity I feel towards it. The skill system suffers from the designers not knowing what they wanted. They wanted you to have the freedom to basically play as you like and change skills to help overcome difficult parts of the game. However, at level 60 they completely switch this on you. They want you to pick a build and stick to it to get the necessary valor buff, thus negating half the freedom of their system. Want to roll through inferno with one build for groups and then another for bosses? Can't do that if you want to even have a decent chance at getting something that might be marginally useful. Then at level 60 many of the skills because either useless or required, so much so that few builds are able to actually survive at that level. So instead of negating the build system that was Diablo 2, they made something worse where you actually have less options. Now for the part that really hacks me off, the blatant money grab. The game requires you to use the AH because of horrible drop rates and utterly horrendous random **** drops. So now they have increased repair fees which eat away at more gold that you need to pay for way over priced items, because of out of control gold farmers and bots. Now you can't afford the gold AH you have to turn to the RMAH. I have had it, maybe in a few months once blizzard does something about these issues i'll play again. I might even come back and redo this review, but only if the game gets better and less world of diablo. Expand
  49. Jun 21, 2012
    Game-play is mind-numbingly repetitive. Players forced to play only online so Blizzard can throw up patches that nerf what little fun existed in the game at first. Unbelievably arrogant developers and employees .who tell players what is fun and what isn't and delete forum threads and ban forum users who are critical and hurt their little feelings. Huge fail for Blizzard.
  50. Jun 22, 2012
    OK. I have been playing Diablo 3 since it released. I am a fan of both Diablo 2 and 1. At 31 years old this game insults the gaming world as a whole. DRM requires an always online connection. The game seems to be geared toward making you use the RMAH (real money auction house) where blizzard makes a percentage on anything sold on it. They said that only 1/5 players play online and blizzardOK. I have been playing Diablo 3 since it released. I am a fan of both Diablo 2 and 1. At 31 years old this game insults the gaming world as a whole. DRM requires an always online connection. The game seems to be geared toward making you use the RMAH (real money auction house) where blizzard makes a percentage on anything sold on it. They said that only 1/5 players play online and blizzard is trying to force you into playing it multi-player. The graphics are behind by 5 years.(that is being nice) It is a short story but it is a loot game that is meant for you to continue to progress through each difficulty much like D2 was. Blizzard has decided to lead the way with this DRM and the RMAH and both are a complete failure in my opinion. (and that of most people who have played this game) If you want a game that holds your hand and tells you what you can and can't do then this is the game for you. I can go on and on about the failures in this game but i don't want to be 40 by the time I'm done writing this. Expand
  51. Jun 23, 2012
    Fun the first time through. But Diablo is about uber lewt and this game did not deliver in that respect, at all. I mean, bosses drop after normal mode. C'mon? I mean... GG
  52. Jun 25, 2012
    This Game is the End of Blizzard as we once knew them, Diablo 3 is a Bad game If you need PROOF just vista the Official Forum for Diablo 3 HERE ( http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/3354739/ )

After Patch 1.0.3 They have Removed the last bit of Fun that was in the Game, They have Nerfed the amount of Gold that drops and up the cost of Repairs so much people can not even afford to Repair in game.

Getting ready to Sell Gold for real money in Blizzards New Real money Auction house they did this on purpose.

Please visit the forums and read for yourself this game is not even worth a RENT.

53. Jun 28, 2012
    They completely screwed up the loot system to promote the auction house. Inferno's difficulty curve is too steep, yet the loot rewards aren't exciting AT ALL, you just hope you get an item with good rolls, sell it on the auction house to buy stuff on it. And Diablo is all about the loot, it's the reason why we run higher difficulties.
  54. Jul 2, 2012
    Im realy upset becouse the always online thing, i cant play more than a few minutes whitout being kick out from the servers makingeme redo complete areas that i already pass, So, Yes, to hell whit the always on line thing >_
  55. d3v
    Jul 4, 2012
    I don't understand why all the big magazine give this game a 80-90 rating. It's one of the games which doesn't make any fun after 7-9 hours. The drop rate is quite poor, you can think because of the auction house , the game went to a pay-to-win game. SP should be offline, that's why it's called SP. For me one of the most disappointing game this year, only the hype wins.
  56. Jul 6, 2012
    D3 is nothing more than a dumbed-down D2 that has been made with the WOW graphics scheme in order to appeal to WOW's massive fanbase. A cheap money grab. Terrible connection issues. Can't play a Hardcore character because Single Player will lag out on you. Yes, as ridiculous as that sounds, SINGLE PLAYER LAGS OUT. The Real Money Auction House is glitchy and moronic. This whole title isD3 is nothing more than a dumbed-down D2 that has been made with the WOW graphics scheme in order to appeal to WOW's massive fanbase. A cheap money grab. Terrible connection issues. Can't play a Hardcore character because Single Player will lag out on you. Yes, as ridiculous as that sounds, SINGLE PLAYER LAGS OUT. The Real Money Auction House is glitchy and moronic. This whole title is nothing but a cheap money grab, and Blizzard might have paid Metacritic to put up an 88. The user score is a 39. Believe the masses; this game sucks. It might be worth $20, but honestly I had more fun with Torchlight than this. Expand
  57. Kmo
    Jul 10, 2012
    I have to agree with other users who state this game is not as good as it's high metascore. It's too easy, boring, repetitive and there is nothing really new here. Graphics seem dated and the story is lame. I miss the blizzard of old when they where innovative and fun.
  58. Jul 14, 2012
    Simplified to the point that it can't be called an RPG, D3 failed to keep me entertained they way it was supposed to. Pay to win system removes any sense of achievement, or desire to achieve anything noteworthy. And the writing sucks like nothing else.
  59. Jul 16, 2012
    I am really very disappointed by Diablo 3. oversimplifying no pleasure of play I go back to diablo 2 the best of the series for me. it's a real game at least, not a scam over blizzard
    (sorry for the mistakes I'm not very strong in English)
  60. Jul 16, 2012
    Bought the game a few days after release, really enjoyed normal, nightmare and hell modes. The difficulty scaling felt just right and some of the drops I could use. However, I am now in act 2 of inferno and I am bored stiff. There is no real strategy in this game, the boss fights are not very imaginative and the elite packs are dull. With most elite packs in inferno, you will end upBought the game a few days after release, really enjoyed normal, nightmare and hell modes. The difficulty scaling felt just right and some of the drops I could use. However, I am now in act 2 of inferno and I am bored stiff. There is no real strategy in this game, the boss fights are not very imaginative and the elite packs are dull. With most elite packs in inferno, you will end up resorting to hit and run tactics for about 10 minutes until you burn down all their HP. For all this effort you will pick up rubbish equipment that is always for another class. I wish the loot tables meant equipment dropped I could actually use. I don't mind using the AH, wont ever be using the RMAH but just now and then it would be nice if I could run a dungeon and find something worth equipping. A side from the boring progression in Inferno and lack of decent loot, I wish there was more randomization to the game dungeons as it is soo boring doing the same quests/dungeons over and over and over!!!!!!!! Blizzard are right to admit that D3 has no end game... it's flawed! If I had my time again I wouldn't spent my money on this game. Hoping Torchlight 2 bring more enjoyment. Expand
  61. Jul 16, 2012
    Massive dissapointment, the game is plauged with bugs, constant server issues,huge amount of exploits.
    The story was a let down. I could not spam spacebar fast enough to skip most of the horrific dialogue.
    This game, and I hesitate to even call it that does not deserve the name Diablo. Blizzard used to make some amazing games that inspired loyalty but now seeing this fiasco released has
    Blizzard used to make some amazing games that inspired loyalty but now seeing this fiasco released has shown that squeezing every cent from the player at all cost is all that matters.
  62. Jul 17, 2012
    Very boring itemization compared to d2. The game is based on gear almost completely due to certain monster affixes. On the plus side the combat is very flashy and fun. I guess it's diablo somewhere deep down, but I certainly expected much more from blizzard. In my opinion this is a below average release which will last short while.
  63. Jul 23, 2012
    The game play until normal to hell difficulty (in other words, up to level 60) is quite fast paced and fun. However, there are numerous problems you will face once step into Inferno. The difficulty leaps oblivion which causes many late comers to visit AH. Yes, you can FARM to play Inferno, but it will take eons of time due to the patch 1.0.3 itemization. So, once you hit the AH and getThe game play until normal to hell difficulty (in other words, up to level 60) is quite fast paced and fun. However, there are numerous problems you will face once step into Inferno. The difficulty leaps oblivion which causes many late comers to visit AH. Yes, you can FARM to play Inferno, but it will take eons of time due to the patch 1.0.3 itemization. So, once you hit the AH and get knocked out by horrendous price which caused by botters and pre 1.0.3 exploiters. So, yes, you will be ripped off by no-lifers and gold farmers. Ok, some people are patient enough to get these hardship through to face critical exploits(including the invulnerable Wizard) breaking the game play up from base. I do not care about graphics, storyline, sound effects if they are descent enough for current year. But, the game play mishap ruined everything to be scored zero. THIS GAME MUST HAVE BEEN RELEASED BETA LEVEL!!! Expand
  64. Jul 24, 2012
    Played for 350 hours, used $100 on RMAH. I can finally farm act 3/4 without many problems except for idiotic elite comps. However, I did not get a SINGLE loot which gives me an upgrade.

Done.
  65. Jul 26, 2012
    Absolutely defiled the Diablo franchise with a failure money-making scheme that modern gamers dread. I grimace at the thought of logging on once again after 300+ hours of game time to just look at the auction house and log off again. The game is stale, boring, has no replay value, no competitive aspects, no linear gear progression, no customization. All of the character builds areAbsolutely defiled the Diablo franchise with a failure money-making scheme that modern gamers dread. I grimace at the thought of logging on once again after 300+ hours of game time to just look at the auction house and log off again. The game is stale, boring, has no replay value, no competitive aspects, no linear gear progression, no customization. All of the character builds are pigeon-holed to be completely defensive with 1 or 2 bland offensive spells. Even the maps are boring. This game is extremely poorly made, and what's worse is the staff is completely arrogant and thinks it couldn't be any better. It's an atrocity. Expand
  66. Jul 26, 2012
    I hate doing this... I waited a decade for this game to come out. All Blizzard had to do is take D2, update the graphics, create new story and maps, NOT touch the mechanics, and release. I would have gladly played that D3 for another decade... but this... this I stopped playing after 1 month. True, in the grand scheme of gaming, this would make the game a success. Keeping a playerI hate doing this... I waited a decade for this game to come out. All Blizzard had to do is take D2, update the graphics, create new story and maps, NOT touch the mechanics, and release. I would have gladly played that D3 for another decade... but this... this I stopped playing after 1 month. True, in the grand scheme of gaming, this would make the game a success. Keeping a player playing for 100+ hours is great for an RPG, but not a Diablo game. I should have been able to count my hours played on this game up to the thousands if not ten thousands. Neither I, nor any of my friends are still playing this game. Expand
  67. Jul 29, 2012
    I made an account just to review this steaming pile of S*** of a game. I started playing a few weeks after release, unfortunately I had pre-ordered and was out of the country during launch. I knew the problems people were having but it was too late for my wallet. Well I didn't have too much of the error 37. But wth, this game is so boring, the gameplay is stale, it has hardly anyI made an account just to review this steaming pile of S*** of a game. I started playing a few weeks after release, unfortunately I had pre-ordered and was out of the country during launch. I knew the problems people were having but it was too late for my wallet. Well I didn't have too much of the error 37. But wth, this game is so boring, the gameplay is stale, it has hardly any replay-ability. And the auction house absolutely ruins everything, you are wed to it now. There is no reasonable way to progress the higher levels with the AH. Blizzard whored themselves out to cash in on all us devoted fans. 11 years to make this pile of trash! Seriously, if was near Blizzard studios, I would love to just throw my damn boxed edition through a window. Please save your damn money, go get something on steam, at least Valve seems to still do right by gamers. And seriously wtf with the 'Metascore' or score based on Critic reviews, the only useful thing about your website is the fact that users/players can give their score. Either most of these critics are in bed somehow with some gaming companies and favorably review them, or you haven't got a damn clue as to what gamers think, they've missed so wide of the mark on so many of their reviews that I don't think the critic reviews are worth a damn Expand
  68. Jul 30, 2012
    This game is a debacle, the obliged focus on the Auction House exponentially increased the effect of the early bugs & cheats, destroying the economy and the Game. The content is VERY limited for a license of such importance and 4 levels of difficulty add just to the "repetitive side" of it. Also, limiting the progress of the character so early kills the interest.
  69. Aug 1, 2012
    When you finally find out that the game was built around the auction house, then you understand why it is boring.

Difficulty and itemization are designed in a way to push you to the auction house where you can buy stuff for real money. Blizzard gets a 30% cut on all transactions so they WANT you to use it. Beside this major flaw, the game also removes the fun parts of an ARPG : 4

Beside this major flaw, the game also removes the fun parts of an ARPG : 4 players max par game but the incentive to play multiplayer games is not there anyway, boring items, most of the skills are useless, no large group of monsters that can be easily killed and last but not least, spell damage are based on your MELEE weapon damage !

Probably the biggest disappointment of the last 5 years.
  70. Aug 2, 2012
    I want to put 10 for the quality of the videos. It seems that only these guys have done a good job. Unfortunately I can not put even one point in the game because I was very disappointed. Game remade 11 years and every year it got worse until it turned into an arcade. Diablo series was not supposed to die as a Commercial Product.
  71. Jul 19, 2013
    -pay to win
    -stupid storyline (my cat can write a better one)
    -no skill/stat points
    -stupid class choices
    -bad graphics (yes it is bad.)
    **** artwork
    -dumb soundacting
    -retarded bosses
    -moronic followers
    -useless items

+auto picking gold is not a bad idea. congratulations.

made by retards for morons to play. good fuvking job.
  72. Aug 7, 2012
    I would love to give this a zero, but in all honesty the art guys did their job, and the game looks great. But as a sequel to D2, it is a major disappointment. After spending 4+ years of promising the community that this was the best Diablo ever, Blizzard finally released this dumbed down, incomplete, buggy, boring, un-fun abomination. I really don't need to repeat what's wrong with thisI would love to give this a zero, but in all honesty the art guys did their job, and the game looks great. But as a sequel to D2, it is a major disappointment. After spending 4+ years of promising the community that this was the best Diablo ever, Blizzard finally released this dumbed down, incomplete, buggy, boring, un-fun abomination. I really don't need to repeat what's wrong with this game: just go to the BattleNet forums. There are many, many well reasoned posts like this [http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6246475567] outlining the flaws in this game, and some pretty decent fixes proposed by the community. Sadly, Blizzard isn't listening. Equally, the so-called "critics" have failed the community. Only Armchair Empire [http://www.ae-infinite.com/2012/06/review-diablo-iii-pc.html] got it right.

Sorry, I'm not thankful, and I have no plans to buy the expansion unless this is fixed.
  73. Aug 8, 2012
    I find a few good things about D3, like the combat, the skill calculator, the spells, the runes and of course the detail of the cinematics. The story, maps/dungeons, bosses, npc's and basic mobs are all boring and bland but ok none the less. The biggest problems w/ this game start to show in inferno and really rear their ugly heads in Act 2+ inferno. The elite packs RNG affix, the crap RNGI find a few good things about D3, like the combat, the skill calculator, the spells, the runes and of course the detail of the cinematics. The story, maps/dungeons, bosses, npc's and basic mobs are all boring and bland but ok none the less. The biggest problems w/ this game start to show in inferno and really rear their ugly heads in Act 2+ inferno. The elite packs RNG affix, the crap RNG gear stats, the amount of ridiculously low ilvl gear dropping in inferno, the insane lack of gear drops that could be an upgrade which in turn these things all herd players to the GAH/RMAH in order to get gear to progress to a non-existent end game. The lack of drops for a lot of players that don't want to play the AH means a lack of incentive to continue to play the game. For those that play the AH and farm for hundreds and hundreds of hours to make $100 a month, more power to you, but for some of us this isn't the game we bought into. It turns out that Blizzard created D3 as a way to continue to feed their greed using the Diablo series name. Such a shame. Expand
  74. Aug 8, 2012
    It has DRM always online. No offline mode. There is not really anything else to be said about this game. It
  75. Aug 9, 2012
    What a disappointment. After over a decade of waiting this is what we get? A game where the character models and overall graphics are a blurry and ugly mess that wouldn't have been acceptable 6 years ago. Where the game-play has been reduced to left click to win and skills and attributes have been removed or simplified to increase the dependency on gear so that you'll be more likely to useWhat a disappointment. After over a decade of waiting this is what we get? A game where the character models and overall graphics are a blurry and ugly mess that wouldn't have been acceptable 6 years ago. Where the game-play has been reduced to left click to win and skills and attributes have been removed or simplified to increase the dependency on gear so that you'll be more likely to use the Auction House, increasing Blizzard's revenue. The voice acting is horrid, on par with a bad B grade movie at the best of times while the story is such a joke Stephanie Meyer could have written a better piece of fiction in 3 months and this took then 6 years. The always online DRM is the icing on the cake. I don't think I've ever been more disappointed by something I was looking forward to in my entire life. Expand
  76. Aug 12, 2012
    Let's keep it nice and short. Diablo 3 is just a Diablo 2 with lesser features and prettier graphics. If you're looking for some solid demon bashing fun with your friends, you'll like the game, other than that, the game is hollow.
  77. Aug 13, 2012
    1 Out of 10 star due to I waited so many years for the game! Got so happy it was coming out.. Just to see that the leveing up to 60 in the game was better then being lb. 60.. This game had noting to do with diablo 2. No PVP, No Trading games hosted, Trash AH where people buy and resell to scam each other and make money out of paypal AH on the news other day there was a kid that make1 Out of 10 star due to I waited so many years for the game! Got so happy it was coming out.. Just to see that the leveing up to 60 in the game was better then being lb. 60.. This game had noting to do with diablo 2. No PVP, No Trading games hosted, Trash AH where people buy and resell to scam each other and make money out of paypal AH on the news other day there was a kid that make 20,000$ from real money AH. and is still making more! The game is so bad over all. Patchs wont fix my thoughts on the game now its too. The game cheated on me I will never look back Expand
  78. Aug 20, 2012
    D3 shipped in a beta state of the game. From the ground up the game reeks of poorly managed development. At release there were rampant bugs and glitches, and Blizzard has been quick to nerf classes and mechanics that players have found ways of using that Blizzard "doesn't like", yet slow to even consider fixing plainly broken things. The game came out in early May, yet it wasn't evenD3 shipped in a beta state of the game. From the ground up the game reeks of poorly managed development. At release there were rampant bugs and glitches, and Blizzard has been quick to nerf classes and mechanics that players have found ways of using that Blizzard "doesn't like", yet slow to even consider fixing plainly broken things. The game came out in early May, yet it wasn't even until the previous week (mid August), that there were even discussions to attempt to move the game out of its obvious beta build. With the 1.04 patch the game takes a step out of its beta state, but still not anywhere near a release build that was worth the $60, or $100 if you made the mistake of buying the CE (most horrible CE released from Blizzard to date, everything in it apart from the art book was trash).

Maybe next year the game will be in a worthwhile state, but needless to say, even if you ignore the general unplayable state the game was in for the first few weeks after its release, D3 is a bad game in its current state. If you haven't bought it yet, don't, wait till next year to see if it has been patched four or five times. If it has and if the forum community (on site and on fan sites) still isn't frothing with rage, with forum bans going out every five minutes to try and make the game look like it is in a more pleasant state, then go ahead and consider buying the game. Otherwise, do not even think of putting this game in your cart of any kind or even approach a register with it, there are far better games for less than half the price that can occupy even more hours of your time if you wish.
  79. Aug 21, 2012
    My son bought this game. He played it for like 3-4 days? then quit and said it was boring. So decided not to play it. But I asked him if I could try it, and for awhile I could not because I did not know the password for his online account. So, I could not play it unless I buy my own copy registered under my own email.Happy to say, I did not by another copy, I asked him nicely for hisMy son bought this game. He played it for like 3-4 days? then quit and said it was boring. So decided not to play it. But I asked him if I could try it, and for awhile I could not because I did not know the password for his online account. So, I could not play it unless I buy my own copy registered under my own email.Happy to say, I did not by another copy, I asked him nicely for his password, and it worked. So I played the game and got interesting, mainly on the Witch doctor character, and the exploding frogs skill. I also played the wizard, that got all the way to nightmare and I started getting better items. When I played solo, and I could not get pass champion bosses without dying. I became frustrated and quit playing because progress is hard to attain. Back to Black Ops. Expand
  80. Aug 26, 2012
    A pathetic joke that spat in the face of Diablo fans worldwide. The original team that created the Diablo series and developed Diablo and Diablo II left Blizzard in 2003, leaving a different team to work on Diablo III and it shows. The design decisions are brain-dead and game completely fails to live up to the standard set by its predecessor. This game is nothing but a step backwards overA pathetic joke that spat in the face of Diablo fans worldwide. The original team that created the Diablo series and developed Diablo and Diablo II left Blizzard in 2003, leaving a different team to work on Diablo III and it shows. The design decisions are brain-dead and game completely fails to live up to the standard set by its predecessor. This game is nothing but a step backwards over Diablo II. Expand
  81. Aug 27, 2012
    Diablo 3 is without a doubt the biggest disappointment I've ever experienced in any form of media. I dumped a ton of time into D2 and LoD when I was younger and I still fire it up every once in a whille to this day. So needless to say, I was salivating to play D3 on day 1. The first 10 or so hours seemed fun but very shortly thereafter I could tell that something didn't feel right. TheDiablo 3 is without a doubt the biggest disappointment I've ever experienced in any form of media. I dumped a ton of time into D2 and LoD when I was younger and I still fire it up every once in a whille to this day. So needless to say, I was salivating to play D3 on day 1. The first 10 or so hours seemed fun but very shortly thereafter I could tell that something didn't feel right. The vendors and blacksmith never felt like they were selling you level appropriate items and the stuff you find is useless junk. So finally I broke down and bought items from the gold auction house. All of a sudden, I was steamrolling through the monsters with little resistance. This sucked all of the fun out of the game. There is no sense of accomplishment or excitement when purchasing your gear online. The ah is at the core of this game and it has ruined the entire Diablo experience. Expand
  82. Aug 29, 2012
    what can i say...worst have already been pointed out by everyone. being a long time diablo 2 fan, this abomonation came as a huge shock. shame on you blizzard you greedy cash cows
  83. Sep 26, 2012
    From the early start of the game, it may worth about 6/10, however, with more playtime more bad feeling come. U have to run act 3 over and over again to get thousands of crappy item and hope that only a few can sell. Customization is total suck, in which you can't spend your stat point. If you char are not well equiped, you need to Kite a whole map to kill an elite. My brother and myFrom the early start of the game, it may worth about 6/10, however, with more playtime more bad feeling come. U have to run act 3 over and over again to get thousands of crappy item and hope that only a few can sell. Customization is total suck, in which you can't spend your stat point. If you char are not well equiped, you need to Kite a whole map to kill an elite. My brother and my friend used to play but all quit already. It is total diappointed YOU BLIZZARD make such a boring game, and thankful nerf my barb in 1.05. Expand
  84. Aug 29, 2012
    Diablo 3. Where do I begin? When you first start the game, you're immediately greeted by a reminiscent from the World of Warcraft, the login screen. And like in WoW or other MMOs, with the login screen you also get the various login errors. Error 37, Error 3005, and the usual problems with an online game launch...

"Wait! What's that about MMOs? Wasn't this supposed to be a single player

"Wait! What's that about MMOs? Wasn't this supposed to be a single player game?", you ask. Yeah, except you need an always-on internet connection at any time you play the game. "Why?", you ask. Because of the online DRM, and the Real-money Auction House, and... "Wait, what?!" Exactly, but let's not even go there just yet. The point is, Blizzard had 9 (that's nine) years to develop this game, several stress tests during the beta, and their experience with WoW launch - one would think, to hone and polish everything. Turns out nothing went as expected because even two weeks(!) after the launch, the servers were still having problems and people couldn't log in or play the game they had paid for, two weeks ago. Okay, the worst problems were fixed afterwards, but that was a good reminder of why you should not have an online DRM forced into a game, unless it's really, really necessary. But in a single player game!? That's madness!

Ok, we get it. Because Blizzard decided to implement the Real-money Auction House into Diablo 3, they needed a way to secure their asses and make sure the game or items sold in the AH would not get tampered or changed in any way. That's alright - if this was a MMO online game! But it's not! Diablo has always been a single player game (featuring a co-op mode). We don't need to be online at all times. We don't need the Real-money Auction House (What kind of idiot would pay real money for virtual game items, anyway?), and we don't need the always online DRM! Madness! That's madness, and greed!

But wait, that's not all of it. The worst part is, the game is boring! Yeah, it's hack-n-slash dungeon crawling, but I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about the story, and the content. It's boring, predictable, and short! You can finish the game in 4 hours and it starts to repeat itself really fast. Everything after the Act 1 is just bad. There simply is not enough things to do! No character to customize, because the choices are made for you. No skills to choose, because you unlock them all with no effort. Nothing to achieve, nothing to gain, except farm better items... No, wait! You can buy them from the Real-money Auction House... Sigh!

There is also the graphics thing, and many more design flaws.. eh, choices, where Blizzard could've and should've improved the game, but they didn't. Instead, they took away all those things that made Diablo and Diablo 2 fun and challenging, and added things we didn't need in the first place. I guess that's what happens when you kick out the original developers and make a whole different people with no experience or proper vision of the previous games to design a sequel to one of the best game franchises ever. (And this is not to put down or belittle the developers skills, only to say the game you made was not the one the customers expected, or were made to expect.) Or, perhaps it could be because nowadays at Blizzard, it seems, the people who get to decide about things, are more interested in whole lot of other things (namely, money) than the enjoyment and excitement for games and entertainment, they once did. Things have been going downhill ever since the Blizzard became the ActivisionBlizzard.

I honestly in my right mind can't imagine how the majority of professional game critics gave this game a 9 or 10! Were you paid or are you just mindless ass-kissers? I'm giving it a score of 1, for the Act 1. Everything else was crap. (Nine years, Blizzard!)

TL;DR: It looks like a Diablo, it plays like a Diablo, but it is not a Diablo! This game might just be the biggest scam in modern video game history. If you love Diablo and value your time and money, avoid this game. If you are looking for a spiritual successor to Diablo, try Torchlight 2 (from the original Diablo team) or even a free game, called Path of Exile.
  85. Aug 31, 2012
    On 1st brush, Diablo 3 is a brilliant game. The art work was great. The game engine works great and playing it was fun.

They are however 2 things that I think was the downfall for Diablo3. 1) Persistent internet connection: Server problem, maintenance, lag deviate from the experience. 2) Real money auction house: This is I think its biggest problem. Blizzard tries to hide this. But the

2) Real money auction house: This is I think its biggest problem. Blizzard tries to hide this. But the loot system continuously get nerfed when they see a reduction in real money auction house transaction. Instead of having a game with a fun loot system with reasonable legendary drop rate, you have to really either play for a extremely long time to get decent drop or buy it from the auction house. Since loot is really 80% of the game, it has lost it's appeal. The game is no longer design for maximum fun, but maximum profit.

Diablo 2 had so much heart and soul put into it even though it's dated. You know when you are playing the game that the developer's sole purpose was for you to have fun. Diablo 3, not so much.
  86. Sep 1, 2012
    save your money and buy torchlight 2 on steam 15 pounds for torchlight 1 and 2..........................................................................
  87. Sep 9, 2012
    I've seen a lot of "0" user score and I really don't think that's fair. Diablo 3 got many good features and visuals but lacks in gameplay, end-game and variation. Though the negative clearly beats the positive, I still feel that a solid "4" is a good score for Diablo 3. They simplified too much, we don't have many choices when it comes to spells and stats. The difficulty was horribly done,I've seen a lot of "0" user score and I really don't think that's fair. Diablo 3 got many good features and visuals but lacks in gameplay, end-game and variation. Though the negative clearly beats the positive, I still feel that a solid "4" is a good score for Diablo 3. They simplified too much, we don't have many choices when it comes to spells and stats. The difficulty was horribly done, no extra mechanics, no tactic was needed because it was only a gear-check. And by that I mean, if you had good enough gear, you could just slaughter your way through with ease. And because an Action House existed, the gameplay changed. Now people farmed GOLD to use in the Action House to get the best gear. This game fails on so many levels compared to Diablo 1 and 2. They are releasing some patches which is good don't get me wrong, but I don't think any patch can save Diablo 3. They failed and they know it. Too bad because I was looking forward to this game, but disappointment was all I got. Expand
  88. Sep 20, 2012
    I wanted to love this game. I really did. But the loot is abysmal and they patch so slowly that by the time they fix the broken loot system it could be 2014!!! I have hundreds of hours logged. Spent a small fortune on the RMAH (Yes I am a complete and utter fool for this decision). My only defense for doing so was after 250 hours and still having a crappy character with terrible gear II wanted to love this game. I really did. But the loot is abysmal and they patch so slowly that by the time they fix the broken loot system it could be 2014!!! I have hundreds of hours logged. Spent a small fortune on the RMAH (Yes I am a complete and utter fool for this decision). My only defense for doing so was after 250 hours and still having a crappy character with terrible gear I thought maybe the RMAH was my salvation. That's what's called desperation folks. And as I played into my Paragon Levels (20) I realized things weren't getting better. No good drops, laggy servers, a dead friends list from all the quitters, I give up, throw in the towel. D3 is a huge time and money sink. And the only reason you keep logging in is to hopefully catch that carrot that's always just out of reach. Don't waste your time or your hard earned money. Check out Torchlight II, that's a game that will give you your ARPG fix for years, and not get you into obnoxious credit card debt just so you can complete the game. Expand
  89. Sep 21, 2012
    Really doesn't feel worthy of the Diablo title. Just way too disappointing. Feels like yet another development pushed forward only because the developers knew it would rake in the dough almost as much as a new cod game. The creativity and feel of adventure is gone in place of a cheap thrill that wasn't even at all cheap. I have paid for a game and can not even start a single player... ItReally doesn't feel worthy of the Diablo title. Just way too disappointing. Feels like yet another development pushed forward only because the developers knew it would rake in the dough almost as much as a new cod game. The creativity and feel of adventure is gone in place of a cheap thrill that wasn't even at all cheap. I have paid for a game and can not even start a single player... It is a sick joke... Give my money and wasted time back! Expand
  90. May 8, 2013
    DO NOT BUY, Waste of money.
    YOU'VE BEEN WARNED.
    Wish I had listened and not wasted my time and money,
    never purchasing anything from Blizzard again.
  91. Sep 22, 2012
    +Decent graphics. -Always online DRM, -Lack of skill diversity, -Connection errors, -Play to win, -Short story. This game is a step back from Diablo 2, so I recommend avoiding it.
  92. Sep 26, 2012
    One of the most disapointing games ever made. Truly. This game is just awful. I can't echo enough all the bad reviews on here. The subtle "pay-to-win" formula of the RMAH rules every decision of this game and is the reason this game will never be fun. This game is a perfect example of what happens to a game that's made by greedy executives rather than gamers. Torchlight 2 surpasesOne of the most disapointing games ever made. Truly. This game is just awful. I can't echo enough all the bad reviews on here. The subtle "pay-to-win" formula of the RMAH rules every decision of this game and is the reason this game will never be fun. This game is a perfect example of what happens to a game that's made by greedy executives rather than gamers. Torchlight 2 surpases Diablo 3 in every way including price. Expand
  93. Sep 28, 2012
    Played for 30 minutes, got bored, never went back. Don't waste money on this. The days of good Blizzard carring for the quality of their games are gone.
  94. Oct 8, 2012
    Boring, simple, limiting itemization. Plot & dialogue geared for a 10 year old. Very linear game play with little randomness. Stat system dumbed down beyond belief. No pvp, no endgame, no reason to continue to play. New Paragon level makes it more restrictive to level alts. Botters and spammers everywhere. Arrogant game designer who clearly has no idea how to make an ARPG and who isBoring, simple, limiting itemization. Plot & dialogue geared for a 10 year old. Very linear game play with little randomness. Stat system dumbed down beyond belief. No pvp, no endgame, no reason to continue to play. New Paragon level makes it more restrictive to level alts. Botters and spammers everywhere. Arrogant game designer who clearly has no idea how to make an ARPG and who is clearly taking his cues from WoW. Worst gaming disappointment ever. Expand
  95. Oct 10, 2012
    Pompous, silly and boring story, talentless voiceactors. Mildly engaging gear grind, made boring since you can buy better stuff at the auction house anyway. I played through it on two difficulties, the second time was mostly boring, At the third difficulty I fell asleep in the starting town.

Disappointingly short and boring game from the formerly awesome company Blizzard.
  96. Oct 10, 2012
    After a development that took roughly ten years, you think that Blizzard would have included more ingame content. Perhaps the director thought that players would enjoy a more fast grind to the end? Diablo 3 is only a shell of what it really could be. Fun gameplay and multiplayer die quickly with a crazy short campaign with little incentive to repeat the journey. Also loot drops stillAfter a development that took roughly ten years, you think that Blizzard would have included more ingame content. Perhaps the director thought that players would enjoy a more fast grind to the end? Diablo 3 is only a shell of what it really could be. Fun gameplay and multiplayer die quickly with a crazy short campaign with little incentive to repeat the journey. Also loot drops still aren't fixed after continued patches. This game is in dire need of a campaign that can't be finished in less than 10 hours. Expand
  97. Oct 13, 2012

Story is meh

Action House is terrible
    Missing key classes
    No PVP even now

What happened to Diablo?!
    (oh that's right, the main dev's went to Guild Wars and Torchlight)
  98. Oct 21, 2012
    Well, I only have one thing to say to this game. If you choose to play this game because you believed this is a MULTIPLAYER and ONLINE game, you are sadly mistaken. If Blizzard only had advertise this game correctly, it should be a single player game with access to online auction system and LAN. And it is a single player game with a boring campaign.
  99. Dec 12, 2012
    Other than its good story and atmosphere, and yes the good graphics, this game is just nuisance to the player/consumer.
  100. Nov 22, 2012
    Don't mind the game, the graphics or anything else. BUT the support is THE WORST!! Your account gets locked for no understandable reason, then you password email never shows up! I logged into this site, registered, got a new account AND verified my metacritic email...all before ever getting my Diablo confirmation email!!! Ridiculous...not to mention support doesnt come in until 10am, and is PST!!!
  101. May 18, 2012
    The game's art and voice-acting is excellent.

The game's art and voice-acting is excellent.

Unfortunately the game is mostly unplayable. It requires a better connection than for WoW (their MMORPG) just to play without dying; and that's for single player. The servers are often down, and due to Blizzard's choice to make this game so server-reliant; the game is also full-of-holes. Besides the engineering issues... the game is generally unfinished, and it's content literally consists of playing through the same campaign multiple times.

Blizzard's game-dev team; inefficient work but good job (as usual). Blizzard's network engineers and corporate; **** you (as usual). Unfortunately, looking good is the main criteria of movies; not games.

1. Aug 31, 2012