3.9

1. May 15, 2012
    This catastrophic pile of **** made me rage so hard that I killed my roomate. I'm serious, he's dead. This game is called Diablo because it was made in hell, where Lucifer and Hitler collaborated on this **** of sadness and unbridled **** They're literally laughing at me while torturing innocent souls. What in the absolute **** I think blizzard hates me. They took my money and now they'reThis catastrophic pile of **** made me rage so hard that I killed my roomate. I'm serious, he's dead. This game is called Diablo because it was made in hell, where Lucifer and Hitler collaborated on this **** of sadness and unbridled **** They're literally laughing at me while torturing innocent souls. What in the absolute **** I think blizzard hates me. They took my money and now they're all driving away in their flying Yachts laughing so hard that their dicks have now inverted. They have inverted dicks. Seriously. I can't even duel my friends in game. Are you ****ing kidding me? Some **** ass noob will think he's on MY level, because I can't put him in his place. Do you even care about my feelings, Jeff Blizzard?! DO YOU?! I was in act 1 and some **** hacker just spawned 13 diablos and teabagged my corpse until I had to remake my character. SEriously, it's THAT broken. I also accidentally rolled a female character. This level of blasphemy left me gasping for air. I almost died. It was ****ed. This game is ****ed, I hate it. Monks don't even use their weapons. **** it all. The greeks invented anal. Expand
  2. May 15, 2012
    Really fun game. Ignore the troll reviews, this is a great addition to Diablo franchise. Some of the best game play and story telling I have ever seen in a game!
  3. May 15, 2012
    Let's see, who are the fanboys? the people that realize this is the evolution of the Diablo series, just as D2 was the evolution from D1, and accept this game as Diablo Evolved, not D2.5. This game is amazing. If you can't take off the nostalgia glasses for a second and see that, yes, this game is different, but it is still Diablo, and not only that, it is one damn fine game. SimplyLet's see, who are the fanboys? the people that realize this is the evolution of the Diablo series, just as D2 was the evolution from D1, and accept this game as Diablo Evolved, not D2.5. This game is amazing. If you can't take off the nostalgia glasses for a second and see that, yes, this game is different, but it is still Diablo, and not only that, it is one damn fine game. Simply amazing, in fact. Mindblowing. Blizzard Nostalgia fanboys, if you want to keep playing D2, then go play D2. D3 is evolutionary, and the future of ARPGs. TL2, PoE, nothing touches D3. Expand
  4. May 15, 2012
    Despite the launch problems which are the source of most people's complaints, Diablo 3 is an incredibly enjoyable and rewarding game that lives up to it's expectations.
  5. May 15, 2012
    I apologize for my long-winded nature!

I apologize for my long-winded nature!

This game is Great. Right now there seems to be a lot of angry people mostly complaining about launch related issues, which should not have baring on the game itself. If you you have even been apart of a world-wide, or even region-wide, server start-up that is expecting several Million people to log-in all at the same time then you may criticize Blizzard's methods. Until then shut it and stick to reviewing the game. As for people saying this is not even close to what D2 was... That is a blatant lie and you know it. Take a screenshot of D2 and D3, put them side by side. What do you notice? Oh it's the same except D3 is less pixelated. For those of you that think the game is easy mode... You should wait to play through the entire game. We all know Normal is a cake walk. It was suppose to be. I know none of you are into Nightmare at the time of this posting, since you are also complaining about not being able to log-in. And please quit with the DRM bashing. The game community caused this, now lie in the bed we all made. Cool you are a "single player gamer", toss a little community in your cup, it just might brighten your day having that semi-human interaction. And lastly, The real-money auction house is a great idea! They went through the trouble to secure a service that the community really wanted. This is a ground breaking move. If you don't want to be apart of it, you're in luck, you don't have to use it!

tl;dr Stop complaining and give the game more than a surface glance.
  6. May 15, 2012
    I'm giving this a 10 just to balance stuff out. This game is fantastic, it's just having some hiccups at launch.. just like every other massively anticipated online-only game. Everyone will forget about server issues by tomorrow. Anyone giving a 0 based on that is just being incredibly silly. A 0 is like.. worst game of all time. You honestly think Diablo 3 is worse than Miley CyrusI'm giving this a 10 just to balance stuff out. This game is fantastic, it's just having some hiccups at launch.. just like every other massively anticipated online-only game. Everyone will forget about server issues by tomorrow. Anyone giving a 0 based on that is just being incredibly silly. A 0 is like.. worst game of all time. You honestly think Diablo 3 is worse than Miley Cyrus sing-a-long for Game Boy Advance. I swear, gamers these days are insufferable. Come at me Blizzard anti-fanboys. Expand
  7. May 15, 2012
    Guys save your nerve, dont play Diablo III.
    This follower of an epic D1/D2 line is a complete Blizzard/Activision sluck.
    In their struggle to make more money they just didnt make much servers so the game is Lagging even on single player. Not to mantion the single itself requires connection and your DEATH on HARDMODE will not be remade by a petition if that was due to LAGGS or server Crash
    Guys save your nerve, dont play Diablo III.
    This follower of an epic D1/D2 line is a complete Blizzard/Activision sluck.
    Not to mantion the single itself requires connection and your DEATH on HARDMODE will not be remade by a petition if that was due to LAGGS or server Crash lol!!!
    Oh and if u enjoy realmoney gold selling you are welcome! Blizzard will love you!
  8. May 15, 2012
    I just beat the game in about 12 hours. Going relative speed.
    THIS REVIEW IS ABOUT NORMAL MODE, NOT HARDER DIFFICULTY!
    I played Monk, loved it! The normal mode is very easy once you get the hang of it. Had some troubles with some parts and died a few times. Going to kep this as biased as possible. Storywise, I found the game extremely pleasing. Very dark, unforgiving story that ends in a
    I just beat the game in about 12 hours. Going relative speed.
    THIS REVIEW IS ABOUT NORMAL MODE, NOT HARDER DIFFICULTY!
    Storywise, I found the game extremely pleasing. Very dark, unforgiving story that ends in a very pleasing manner. Some voice acting is a bit off aswell as some bosses spamming the same line 3-4 times during a fight.
    Gameplaywise I think it was very well done, took some time getting used to, keybinds have to be changed from blizzard defaults though.
    Bosses were fun, not very hard at normal difficulty, but fun. Having to actually think about it and dodge things and use different skills. Also I found that if I thought in advance of what skills to take into certain bosses I had more fun with it, changing specs every now and again. Kept things feeling really new.
    I didn't really feel that changing skills in the middle of combat was possible :D Maybe it's just me, or then it's intended that way, didn't see it as a big issue though. Might have been overpowered that way.
    Monk as a class is extremely versatile, you can be a tankish, healer supportish or damage... Heck! Even all of the above! So playing solo will be no problem, as well as being a huge addition to any team.
    I don't know how the content scales at higher levels since I played through it solo and only did groups with friends when servers were down from lvls 1-15, seemed to scale well enough though.
    One major problem with this game in my opinion is that it seems a bit too casual friendly in the way that dieing is no big deal. A lot of checkpoints and only getting -10% durability to items is absolutely nothing. Also I don't seem to have anything to use my money on, other that leveling smithing (which you do with nothing but money). It didn't feel very rewarding pressing a button that said PRESS HERE TO LEVEL SMITHING (7000 gold) to learn a few new items.
    TL;DR Awesome game, very minor flaws. Storyline good, Gameplay good. Voice acting was meh at some parts but mostly good too.
  9. May 15, 2012
    Quit trolling i'm sick of it. Find something better to do. This is a good game and just because im giving this game a 10 does not mean im trying to reverse troll. I love the game. This story is solid, the animation and artwork is amazing. It looks nothing like wow, just because the wow team made it shouldnt be ammunition for bashing it. get over it. The game rocks
  10. May 15, 2012
    I love this game. It's DAY 1, people need to shut up about the servers being down. I understand it's hard to get used to with not allocating points and whatnot but I've enjoyed the game quite a bit in the time I've played. You guy's just need to calm down.
  11. May 15, 2012
    All these people rating it a 0-2 are ridiculous. Sure the DRM and always online thing is silly. But lets get to the real meat of the game. I was lucky and was able to log in around 5AM and have been playing it since. It took me a good 6 or so hours to beat Act 1. I don't understand these "cartoony" graphics. It doesn't look like WoW, look at a screen of WoW and then Diablo 3, then look atAll these people rating it a 0-2 are ridiculous. Sure the DRM and always online thing is silly. But lets get to the real meat of the game. I was lucky and was able to log in around 5AM and have been playing it since. It took me a good 6 or so hours to beat Act 1. I don't understand these "cartoony" graphics. It doesn't look like WoW, look at a screen of WoW and then Diablo 3, then look at a screen of Diablo 2. And tell me what it looks more like. Ya it looks more like Diablo 2. What a bunch of cry babies PC gamers have become. Once the server issues get fixed this game will be perfect. I find it ironic that people complaining about cartoony graphics then say, "I'm going to buy Torchlight 2." Really guys, Torchlight is more cartoony then WoW. Get over yourselves. Expand
  12. May 15, 2012
    Lived up to every expectation i had. Amazing game. Played diablo 2 for like 7-8 years and really think its and improvement to the series. Gl hf playing it :)
  13. May 15, 2012
    So, people are talking about graphics and how bad story it has and so on. You must be casual gamers or then just stupid wow nerds I presume. Graphics are just fine for me and I like the gameplay. If you want the game to be more dark or creepy you can adjust the gamma to zero. And if you have no network to play Diablo 3, then what are you doing here? This game might have the best cinematicsSo, people are talking about graphics and how bad story it has and so on. You must be casual gamers or then just stupid wow nerds I presume. Graphics are just fine for me and I like the gameplay. If you want the game to be more dark or creepy you can adjust the gamma to zero. And if you have no network to play Diablo 3, then what are you doing here? This game might have the best cinematics that I've seen and the story is not THAT bad. And if you want to know, yes I've been playing D2 from the beginning. [sarcasm] And it's also nice to see that you know that you can only score a game with zero or ten :) [/sarcasm] Expand
  14. May 15, 2012
    I don't understand where all of the hate is coming from. This is a good game. It is brand new. there are going to be some hiccups when it is released and Blizzard is scrambling to get them fixed. Now for the review. Graphics: I think they are gorgeous they look how the designers imagined them. Almost a painting like quality. Sound: The music is Blizzard epic. Like WoW and DiabloI don't understand where all of the hate is coming from. This is a good game. It is brand new. there are going to be some hiccups when it is released and Blizzard is scrambling to get them fixed. Now for the review. Graphics: I think they are gorgeous they look how the designers imagined them. Almost a painting like quality. Sound: The music is Blizzard epic. Like WoW and Diablo 2 it gives the game the extra atmosphere it needs. Sound effects are a little underwhelming. Gameplay: A little simplistic but the difficulty makes up for the simplistic skills. Expand
  15. May 21, 2012
    This is a perfect sequel. I've been a Diablo fan since its inception so many years ago and have continued playing Diablo 2 of and on through the years until 7 months ago. Diablo 3 meets and exceeds every single one of my hopes and expectations for the game. I have played all 5 characters and each one shines in its own way. The Monk, Wizard, and Demon Hunter, though, are tied for myThis is a perfect sequel. I've been a Diablo fan since its inception so many years ago and have continued playing Diablo 2 of and on through the years until 7 months ago. Diablo 3 meets and exceeds every single one of my hopes and expectations for the game. I have played all 5 characters and each one shines in its own way. The Monk, Wizard, and Demon Hunter, though, are tied for my favorites. The gameplay, visuals, and sound are all remarkable.

The gameplay is simple, elegant, but satisfying. As a dungeon crawler you quickly run through randomly generated corridors blasting monsters to bits and obtaining glorious loot.

The visuals are stunning. At times I find myself standing on the edge of a cliff just marveling at the distant shrines, river, or rainbow. The visual effects of all the skills combines to make a perfect canvas to beat down foes against.

The sound is spectacular! Ambient creepy overtones with perfectly places music over top the splattering and exploding objects and death cries of the monsters. The soundscape is perfectly painted.

And even still, there are so many other loves I have of this sequel that I don't want to get into: shared stash and gold, storytelling on-the-go, skills and runes, crafting...

I love this game. :-)
  16. May 15, 2012
    I don't see what is wrong with this game at all. It is by far my favorite game at the moment. The UI has improved so much since D2 its insane. The spells are all balanced, the game play is fantastic, the lore is amazing. All in all, this game is perfect.
  17. May 15, 2012
    The perfect game to play with friends that is visually pleasing. In addition, all the people passing bad reviews are just upset they can't play at the moment. For those that say they beat the story in 3 hours and it's not fun, try beating the game of inferno. Thanks.
  18. May 15, 2012
    Biggest. Disappointment. Ever. Doesnt even need 150 characters to describe how bad it ruined my day. Very bad. And i am not even mentioning the connection issues. Good job, Blizzard!!
  19. May 15, 2012
    I find it funny that Diablo has been metabombed. The only reason why the score is so low is that whiners/people who can't log in are dropping the score while EVERYONE else is in game and enjoying it. It's an amazing game, yet there are 2 camps of people who will hate it. 1) People who wear rose colored glasses, who mock and deject the games new features (RMAH, free floating talentI find it funny that Diablo has been metabombed. The only reason why the score is so low is that whiners/people who can't log in are dropping the score while EVERYONE else is in game and enjoying it. It's an amazing game, yet there are 2 camps of people who will hate it. 1) People who wear rose colored glasses, who mock and deject the games new features (RMAH, free floating talent system) without understanding the necessity. These are also the people who think the stat allocation/talent trees were a good idea. These people get their jollies off thinking themselves as amazing game developers and the voice of the people, and it's funny because the games that support their voice (SWTOR, Torchlight) play horribly dull because those mechanics just don't work anymore 2) People who get upset really easy and either couldn't afford the game or can't log in Expand
  20. May 15, 2012
    ^ 431 people need to go back to playing their pandas on WoW. For all the true diablo series fan this game is rocking. Finally a game that has an end game challenge so 12 year old pony boys can't QQ about and get the game nerfed. GJ BLIZZ!
  21. May 15, 2012
    Great Game. If you love the other D1 and D2 you will love this, too many people complaining about a Release date.. of course its going to have server problems. only negative thing i have to say about Diablo 3 is that the single player should of stayed in, But can you blame them? players always trying to hack and dupe items, they are just trying to make it enjoyable for everyone.
  22. May 15, 2012
    Whiners gonna whine. I love the game and i think that a lot of people are whining like hell, i give it 10/10 because it is like i expected, and until now i have loved every second of it
  23. May 15, 2012
    Play the game slowly and take in all the details of the game. I've been playing for 12 hours and nearing the end of act 2 just because I have taken the time to do other things rather than race to the finish line.

I believe this lives up to the expectations of diablo 2 lod and i give it a 9.
  24. May 15, 2012
    This game is an absolute joy and is working very well! They tell us when there is going to be downtime and are fixing the issue. I am actualy suprised its working at all since millions of people are trying to play at once. Give this game a chance. it has improved on soooo much.
  25. May 15, 2012
    12 years of waiting finally over, mind blown!!!! Blizzard has done an amazing job once more!
    Sure the graphics aren't top notch but sometimes it's not about visuals, a good game will have amazing game play regardless!
  26. May 15, 2012
    As a HC D2 vet, great game, cause lets me real in diablo 2 after you had strength to wear your gear and dex at 75 to block cap + cookie cutter builds, it had no customization. The new system is much better.
  27. May 15, 2012
    I am happy with the changes Blizzard made to Diablo 3, many of the useless and and rough system were made so new players can grasp the length of it, and hardcore players can also have what Diablo always was : Gear grinding.

The story is well done, and well told, and even though Diablo presence is recycled, this trilogy was always about those central undying demons. The new changes to the

The new changes to the skills and attribute was a good change as every class was exactly the same in Diablo 2. However hardcore as you were, most of the stats were put around the same place for every player for a said class. Having a difference of 10 stats points in a stat compared to the other didn't matter, so removing it was a good thing.
    The new skill system permits to finally be able to experiment without having to restart the game to zero! Good job Blizzard. And Haters gonna hate.
  28. May 15, 2012
    This is an awesome game, so many new changes and customization is there, don't know why people complain so much when most of you can't even design a single character in this game.
  29. May 15, 2012
    Ignore the unfavorable reviews - they are simply posted by people that don't know what they're talking about, and are trying to make the game seem worse than it really is. Blizzard knows what they're doing, and they pulled off yet another spectacular title. Give this game a shot - you won't be disappointed.
  30. May 15, 2012
    I understand the frustration that the servers are getting hammered on launch day, but to sit here a give the game a 0 when you haven't even played it is extremely childish.
  31. May 15, 2012
    I respect your opinions but seriously, giving it 0 because of all the errors that have been occuring THE FIRST DAY!?... And if you give it 0 because of the actual game i think your taste is weird but that's still your opinion ;)

I love the game and i am already addicted even though i have not been playing that long. PS: I play on the lowest graphic possible, lowest resolution also and i

PS: I play on the lowest graphic possible, lowest resolution also and i still think it's freaking awesome.
  32. May 15, 2012
    This game is a work of art, the graphics are obviously not supposed to be like Call of Duty or Battlefield, they're supposed to be unique to reflect the darkness of the world of sanctuary. The game play was exactly what i hopped it would be and the loot system is very rewarding. I was a little irked about the removal of skill point but this was easily over looked by the greatness ofThis game is a work of art, the graphics are obviously not supposed to be like Call of Duty or Battlefield, they're supposed to be unique to reflect the darkness of the world of sanctuary. The game play was exactly what i hopped it would be and the loot system is very rewarding. I was a little irked about the removal of skill point but this was easily over looked by the greatness of every moment playing the game. This game is remarkable and everyone giving it bad reviews i.e. 0s are whinny children who are upset that they couldn't log on the moment the servers went live. People have to understand that 5 million people can not simultaneously log on to blizzards servers. Expand
  33. May 15, 2012
    Do not simply rate this game on the quality of the server on day 1, because that's being biased and unfair. The actual GAME is amazing. The controls are fluid, the gameplay is stellar, and the graphics are good. Overall, a definate buy. The only thing that bugs me is the exclusion of LAN and this DRM stuff they are pushing. Its a horrible way to push out a game, and almost every review ofDo not simply rate this game on the quality of the server on day 1, because that's being biased and unfair. The actual GAME is amazing. The controls are fluid, the gameplay is stellar, and the graphics are good. Overall, a definate buy. The only thing that bugs me is the exclusion of LAN and this DRM stuff they are pushing. Its a horrible way to push out a game, and almost every review of the game states that. Expand
  34. May 15, 2012
    I enjoyed Diablo 2 and this game is not necessarily everything that I expected it to be, but thinking about the changed features, they make perfect sense. A lot of people point towards a lack of character customization, removing the ability to allocate skill points and attribute points changes very little. It only prevents you from needing to restart a character from scratch because of aI enjoyed Diablo 2 and this game is not necessarily everything that I expected it to be, but thinking about the changed features, they make perfect sense. A lot of people point towards a lack of character customization, removing the ability to allocate skill points and attribute points changes very little. It only prevents you from needing to restart a character from scratch because of a single **** up in skilling like in Diablo 2. Find out a skill sucks after trying it out? No problem. You don't have to waste hours of work you put into your characters for trying something that might not be ideal. The only problem I see with this change is exploring really crazy builds like the melee enchant weapon sorceress in diablo 2, but none of those were satisfying ways of playing for me and probably many other people.

The game isn't region locked either. It was only locked for release. Don't know why people are complaining about that.

For me, Diablo 3 is a refinement of Diablo 2 that polishes its strengths and minimizes its weaknesses. The narrative is much stronger than Diablo 2 and gives you more of a drive to go through the dungeon grind. It's as difficult as I remember it to be if not more so with the new mini boss powers that they've added. I find voice acting to be stronger in D3 as well. Overall, it's just as addicting as Diablo 2, and I can't wait to get back to playing. If you liked D2, you'll like D3
  35. May 15, 2012
    This is an amazing game, with time all of the server issues will subside. When criticizing Diablo 3 one must take into account the fact that we are only looking at the GAME. He experience within, not the lag, not the servers, the story is what's important. Too many flamers take for granted the depth of play to be taken away from this game.
  36. May 15, 2012
    I played Diablo 1. I played Diablo 2. I was angry that the servers were denying me the ability to play at 12:01. I played beta, and I've played for as many hours as I could while logged in. So far, this game is amazing. As a fan of the Diablo series, I'm happy. I see mountains of negative reviews by people who all suspiciously give Skyrim a 10 as one of their only other reviewed games. I'mI played Diablo 1. I played Diablo 2. I was angry that the servers were denying me the ability to play at 12:01. I played beta, and I've played for as many hours as I could while logged in. So far, this game is amazing. As a fan of the Diablo series, I'm happy. I see mountains of negative reviews by people who all suspiciously give Skyrim a 10 as one of their only other reviewed games. I'm thinking that there are some butthurt dwellers out there who can't seem to accept that D3 is still a great game despite its downfalls. I say, let them rage. In the meantime, I'll be playing my monk Tenzin. Expand
  37. May 15, 2012
    Trying to bump up the score because of trolls. Oh and it's a great game, the servers are down? Cry more, they're obviously trying to fix them. I hate you entitled piece of **** "gamers" so much, now gtfo and play some other game.
  38. May 17, 2012
    They've done it again. Regardless of the game being streamlined, it has been streamlined to perfection.All conventional game elements are still there, albeit in a bit more different form. The streamlined mechanics not only provide a great foundation for itemization, but they also offer more variety in character building than pre-LoD Diablo 2 for example.
  39. May 15, 2012
    As someone who played both Diablo and Diablo 2 when they were originally released, but not for long after, I am enjoying D3 so far. I'm about 6 hours in playing a Barbarian and quite happy with the progression so far. Act 2 definitely brings back some of the classic Diablo feel, the sand wasps with their poison bugs remind me of those stupid little pygmies from Act 3 of D2. I honestlyAs someone who played both Diablo and Diablo 2 when they were originally released, but not for long after, I am enjoying D3 so far. I'm about 6 hours in playing a Barbarian and quite happy with the progression so far. Act 2 definitely brings back some of the classic Diablo feel, the sand wasps with their poison bugs remind me of those stupid little pygmies from Act 3 of D2. I honestly don't give a crap about the supposed lack of customizable skills for the characters as I hated getting locked into a **** spec through ignorance in D2. And since the action bars can be set up any way you like, it does add a custom feel to each character. While I don't really like the fact you can't access single player games when the servers are down, the login problems will be sorted out soon and everyone will get to play. It's day one people, get a grip. Expand
  40. May 15, 2012
    From what it seems, people are upset about character creation, which to me, not having character creation in Diablo 3 was expected. It's Diablo, It isn't an MMO, your character won't really mean as much customized. Another point people are making is that you always have to be online, and they are upset, but then complain the graphics are cartoon-y (it's Blizzard, this should have beenFrom what it seems, people are upset about character creation, which to me, not having character creation in Diablo 3 was expected. It's Diablo, It isn't an MMO, your character won't really mean as much customized. Another point people are making is that you always have to be online, and they are upset, but then complain the graphics are cartoon-y (it's Blizzard, this should have been expected) and that it is 2012 and we should have better. Big shocker here, it's also 2012, you should have internet. Another thing, the game has been out for about 14 hours at the time of this post, and there are so many people complaining about the connection issues. Jesus fricken christ people, it hasn't even been one day! Every single game that comes out experiences this, give them time to adjust to the amount of people playing, I guarantee it will be fixed.
    To the person that beat the story in three hours, good job playing the game, I'm sure you explored every single area there is to explore with all 5 classes. I'm sure glad you got the full experience, and to be honest you are probably better off without your account. And one last thing about the graphics, you knew exactly what this game was going to look like many months ago. Just because it is 2012, does not mean that every game will look the same or extremely detailed. This is a fantasy game for one, I know there are fantasy games out there that look nice, and two, comparing that to any form of art/music. "Well, it doesn't look the same as so-and-so's piece of art, it's obviously bad."
    /rant
    I woke up real early before work and got a few hours played in, and completed the beta multiple times. I could run back and forth between the beginning and the skelly king thousands of more times and still be content. I'll have more to play later, but everything I have experienced in this game so far has been fantastic. The only time I have had a server connection problem was in the beta, and it was only for a few hours. Overall, I give this game a 10/10 for what I have played.
  41. May 15, 2012
    What a great game. Sucks that servers are acting up. But the flow and feel of this game are great. The multiplayer experience is awesome and there are so many ways to make a character. I am glad I don't have to do so much un-needed character tweeking. There were only a few goods way to make a character in Diablo 2, so it was way to cumbersome. A lot of silly people out there would say theyWhat a great game. Sucks that servers are acting up. But the flow and feel of this game are great. The multiplayer experience is awesome and there are so many ways to make a character. I am glad I don't have to do so much un-needed character tweeking. There were only a few goods way to make a character in Diablo 2, so it was way to cumbersome. A lot of silly people out there would say they don't like not having to waste time groaning over their stats, but I think if they give a shot they will find this game to be great. Great additions. Can not wait to get to the hard difficulty levels where it will get even more important how you play and what skills you choose based on your team mates build. Expand
  42. May 15, 2012
    Played 20 minutes on my single player diablo 3 save file and got kicked off the internet. I CAN'T wait until I can log back into my awesome single player game and make a new character because I lost all of my progress.
  43. May 15, 2012
    Disregarding all the 0 reviews (which just about all are raging about nothing), I've had no problems playing aside from 1 bug (which they can fix much quicker than constantly putting out patches). It is just as addicting as diablo 2 was, if not more. The graphics still give me the same diablo feeling 1 and 2 did. The sound I suppose could use a bit better work, but it's not like itDisregarding all the 0 reviews (which just about all are raging about nothing), I've had no problems playing aside from 1 bug (which they can fix much quicker than constantly putting out patches). It is just as addicting as diablo 2 was, if not more. The graphics still give me the same diablo feeling 1 and 2 did. The sound I suppose could use a bit better work, but it's not like it downgraded since diablo 2. The constant internet connection could be a drag for some, but it's not that bad of a requirement.

Some of the things being complained about are just silly. Why do you need character customization when they wear armor that covers their body and, at times, their face? Why is there a need for stat points when everyone would do the same thing anyways like in diablo 2? Why are you complaining about an auction house if it had no negative effects on you personally (meaning don't use it)?
  44. May 15, 2012
    A fantastic game that thus far holds great comparison to d2 (aka the greatest game ever) with improved features and game play. Although I am quite disappointed with the skill system and the option for real money items and online only game play there is no way that d3 can be rated as a bad game.
  45. May 15, 2012
    As a d2 veteran (HcPlayer89 @ JSP #1 during EHCL resets twice >> Team Gnar.. Yah you remember us..) I tell you all... This Game ROCKS.. I mean WOW! Every single encounter is so epic. We play HARDCORE so our heart beats are racing the entire time! This knocks the panties off D2. Customization... Character uniqueness .. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I've changed my build completely almost everyAs a d2 veteran (HcPlayer89 @ JSP #1 during EHCL resets twice >> Team Gnar.. Yah you remember us..) I tell you all... This Game ROCKS.. I mean WOW! Every single encounter is so epic. We play HARDCORE so our heart beats are racing the entire time! This knocks the panties off D2. Customization... Character uniqueness .. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I've changed my build completely almost every single level! (to the point where my "party role" has changed from tank, dps, healer, and CC on just my MONK! ONE CHARACTER!!) Okay, so the launch has some issues. It is expected.. I had a full party of 4 at my house at 3:00 a.m. eastern time, and not one of us expected to be on the server before 4:30. Yah.. error 37 for an hour or two, but we all four played to level 20 in HC, and are now napping while these updates happen. :D 10/10 all the way GO BLIZZ! Expand
  46. May 15, 2012
    Great game. Launch has nothing to do with the actual enjoyment factor of this game, please ignore cry babies. Cut-scenes are great, story is entertaining, game play is solid, music is great, atmosphere is immersive. Playing with friends is extra enjoyable. Extremely pleased with how well the launch went considering how many people are actually trying to play. Got in and stayed on withGreat game. Launch has nothing to do with the actual enjoyment factor of this game, please ignore cry babies. Cut-scenes are great, story is entertaining, game play is solid, music is great, atmosphere is immersive. Playing with friends is extra enjoyable. Extremely pleased with how well the launch went considering how many people are actually trying to play. Got in and stayed on with 4 friends for 7 hours with 0 problems. Haters gonna hate. Expand
  47. May 15, 2012
    Great game so far. Small hitch on launch day but gee several million people are trying to log in. You see several different little style things that link it back to one and two. The game runs great, plays great. I really cannot say enough good things about it. There has been some downtime, but every realistic adult playing the game fully expected that to be the case on launch day.
  48. May 15, 2012
    Love it! Of course there were some launch hiccups with thousands trying to login at once, but it's an awesome game! I'm hooked! Don't believe the low ratings, they are here due to a thread on blizzard and are just mad kids.
  49. May 15, 2012
    Ignore the trolls, this is a solidly fun game. If you liked Torchlight, Borderlands, or YES Diablo II, you'll find plenty to like in this game. NEWSFLASH: The core appeal of these games is the loot pinata, not feeling like you're special because you googled a spec list so you can feel superior to a hypothetical person who didn't. Do you like killing things, smashing them, and the feelingIgnore the trolls, this is a solidly fun game. If you liked Torchlight, Borderlands, or YES Diablo II, you'll find plenty to like in this game. NEWSFLASH: The core appeal of these games is the loot pinata, not feeling like you're special because you googled a spec list so you can feel superior to a hypothetical person who didn't. Do you like killing things, smashing them, and the feeling of being an overpowered badass? Great, Diablo III has plenty of that, in way more stripes than Diablo II! Expand
  50. May 15, 2012
    I'm a long time player of the Diablo series and very much enjoy this latest installment. Negative people here are just ridiculous and have no idea what they are talking about let alone the effort put into a game like this. I like the improved play, especially not having the constant town portal and identify scrolls. I like the new skill system and not being locked into a set therebyI'm a long time player of the Diablo series and very much enjoy this latest installment. Negative people here are just ridiculous and have no idea what they are talking about let alone the effort put into a game like this. I like the improved play, especially not having the constant town portal and identify scrolls. I like the new skill system and not being locked into a set thereby nerfing characters. I enjoy the new cinematic and graphics. I don't know what people were expecting about character customization. Diablo was never about that. It's about killing, lewt and fighting in a party. These people want to compare it to games that it is not and they should be ignored. Good game so far and the server issues will resolve shortly. Expand
  51. May 15, 2012
    Awesome game. I have been waiting 10 years for this game. It has been pure awesomeness so far. Sure they removed a few things and simplified eveything but so far i'm not missing it. The play is great, the characters refreshing and the skills awesellent (awesome + excellent). You dont need a high end pc to play either. It should play on any laptop. Its too bad about the early server issuesAwesome game. I have been waiting 10 years for this game. It has been pure awesomeness so far. Sure they removed a few things and simplified eveything but so far i'm not missing it. The play is great, the characters refreshing and the skills awesellent (awesome + excellent). You dont need a high end pc to play either. It should play on any laptop. Its too bad about the early server issues but once it started working i had a great time. Well worth the price. Expand
  52. May 15, 2012
    The Game is Awesome, all the Negative reviews are from people who can't understand that it's a Major title launch, and there will be Problems. There always will be with major releases.

The game has no Offline Mode, you do have to have constant Internet Connection to play, But with the Addition of the Real money Auction house you have to understand that Blizzard Does not want to offer any Hackers the Opportunity to exploit the game system to their advantage (IE. Duping Items to sell for Real Money)

The Game play itself is Awesome, You can Beat the game Solo. or go at it with Friends, which i prefer because it offers everyone a good time to have Fun together.

If you're a True Diablo Fan, you will love the game. there is no Doubt about it, just load it up, sit back and Enjoy as you save the World once again with the Fantastic story-line that Blizzard has brought upon you. and Reap the Rewards as now you have the option to Sell your Loot for Real Money (Or In-game gold) to Other people who need a little help along their way (And Believe me, there will always be people that will buy items for Real Money, they did in Diablo II. They will in Diablo III)

And Last but Not least, if you're going to put a Negative Review on a game based SOLELY on the Troubles Cause at Launch. you need to get your head Checked, if you cannot understand the Fact that no matter How much Blizzard tried to Prepare for the Swarms of people trying to Login at the Exact same time in a Region then i don't know what to tell you. It's not like they can't Superceed the Hardware requirements to provide enough Supply for the Demand on Initial launch, because that would not be Cost worthy. Considering that Load of users will Die down to a more Bareable limit as a Day or Two pass.

Another thing that gets me is **** about the Graphics, the game has been announced for How long now? and I'm sure most of Everybody has seen gameplay videos, they knew what it was going to look like. And if any one has played Diablo II, and the Expansion you would Know how the Feel of the game is/was like. The Current 3D Engine used in Diablo 3 COMPLIMENTS this very well.

I Gave a Full 10 Review because i truely loved the Diablo Series, and i Feel that Diablo 3 is a True testament on how Well Blizzard will keep to the Story on their Franchises and Still pump out Enjoyable games for their Fanbase
  53. May 15, 2012
    TL;DR; The game is incredible.

TL;DR; The game is incredible.

Where shall I start? First of all, this is a hack and slash game. A very good one. VERY good. This is miles ahead of Diablo 2. Your characters have many abilities, and each of those abilities has many different tweaks to make your abilities do different things. Using the abilities are extremely satisfying. Every hit feels incredibly, and it is extremely satisfying smashing your way through legions of enemies. Nothing is better than landing a critical hit with a lightning weapon and watching your enemy fly off of the screen in a bolt of lightning.

Almost everything is a step up from Diablo 2. The graphics are not as dark as the previous games, but it looks incredible. The attention to detail is astounding. There are many destructible environments and things to smash, and the physics engine makes this extremely over the top. There are massive wars, with masses of enemies fighting in the background, making it seem like an all out war. Speaking of enemies, there are much more of them in this game than it's predecessor. And they are much diverse and do many different things requiring more strategy than ever before. The boss fights are incredibly engaging and require good strategies to overcome. The story is also over the top. Top notch voice actors along with incredibly movie quality cut scenes is incredibly involved. I won't get into the story since the game just came out, but it is really good. This game goes above and beyond everything Diablo 2 did in every aspect. If you liked the first and second Diablo games, give this one a try, it's incredible.
  54. May 15, 2012
    Loving it so far, the game feels really big and dynamic. The increased incentive to explore the vast areas, (instead of grinding bosses) amplifies story and gameplay. The characters also seem much more alive and interesting this time around, with plenty of stories and dialog in between the smashing of endless hordes of demonspawn. The overall story arc can seem obvious, but such is a smallLoving it so far, the game feels really big and dynamic. The increased incentive to explore the vast areas, (instead of grinding bosses) amplifies story and gameplay. The characters also seem much more alive and interesting this time around, with plenty of stories and dialog in between the smashing of endless hordes of demonspawn. The overall story arc can seem obvious, but such is a small price to pay for a true successor to the diablo franchise. It is true that the game requires a constant internet connection to run, and this can of course be a problem. But such is reality, in order to support servers, and updates blizzard has chosen to create the real money auction house rather than rely on cheap ripoff sequels and in game commercialization. The always online part of the game is really to remove cheating in the game, this also serves to stop the constant spamming and selling of various artifacts by botfirms etc. that plagued diablo 2's online service. In conclusion, diablo 3 is definitely a game to play. Go play it! :D Expand
  55. May 15, 2012
    Great game, the classes are awesome, looks and feels great. The quests are fun and not too tedious, the graphics engine is awesome and can lead to some hilarious animations.-----

My only complaint is that DC passes away
  56. May 15, 2012
    Blizzard has made an excellent, polished game that is genuinely fun. It was well worth my purchase. Many people are frustrated with some server instability on launch day, but maybe they should have thought ahead and not taken weeks off of work and checked their wives and kids into a hotel so they can be all alone with their precious... Feel free to ignore them, the game is excellent.
  57. May 15, 2012
    I like Diablo 3. Diablo 3 is a good game because you can have spells. when i play Diablo 3, I like to use fire bats. Diablo 3 has very good graphics. Diablo 3 is one of my favorite games to play. Diablo 3 has some problems with its server but i like it anyway. Diablo 3 loves me and i love it. When i set stuff on fire in Diablo 3 it tickles me in the pants. That is all.
  58. May 15, 2012
    This game is getting a ten out of ten from me, and after everyone else quits whining about the servers, they'll come to agree. I've been waiting over ten years for this, I can handle a day or two of **** service.
  59. May 15, 2012
    This game is great, yes they went a different direction but i for one enjoy the little taste of new, its fine ad plenty of people are being negative, theres a trial feature so you may try for yourself
  60. May 15, 2012
    All this trolling makes me sad. D3 is a worth successor to a storied franchise. It does exactly what it set out to do: it updates Diablo gameplay to 2012 sensibilities while maintaining the core of what it means to be "Diablo." This series has been the gold standard in the ARPG genere since it the original Diablo came out in 1996. D3 continues that legacy with aplomb. If you like Diablo orAll this trolling makes me sad. D3 is a worth successor to a storied franchise. It does exactly what it set out to do: it updates Diablo gameplay to 2012 sensibilities while maintaining the core of what it means to be "Diablo." This series has been the gold standard in the ARPG genere since it the original Diablo came out in 1996. D3 continues that legacy with aplomb. If you like Diablo or this style of game in general, D3 is well worth your money. If you're not a fan of the genre, I recommend you give D3 a look. Expand
  61. May 15, 2012
    With over 3 million people trying to access the servers at once will cause problems no matter what. Great game and I will probably never get off. Ignore everyone being idiots because they're impatient.
  62. May 15, 2012
    The poor reviews based solely on those who are anti-DRM are ridiculous, I found the online feature to be one of the best things about Diablo 3. It has made the game so much more social and enjoyable, having played both Diablo and Diablo 2 I find this game to be a excellent progression in the series. The art style, while not super fancy is timeless and in the end that is what Diablo is about.
  63. May 15, 2012
    Diablo 3 was one of the largest leaps of faith I've taken yet. The secret to enjoying this game is simple. The pro's Greatly out way the cons. Can't play it cause you don't have the internet? Then you also couldn't leave a bad review here. Honestly, get with the times. It's a minor detail these days. Besides, I'd rather have it all server side with better security than than offlineDiablo 3 was one of the largest leaps of faith I've taken yet. The secret to enjoying this game is simple. The pro's Greatly out way the cons. Can't play it cause you don't have the internet? Then you also couldn't leave a bad review here. Honestly, get with the times. It's a minor detail these days. Besides, I'd rather have it all server side with better security than than offline available with hacks everywhere. Also, This game won't be pirated. Don't believe me? Try and find a pirated copy of World of Warcraft. (if it does eventually come out, it won't be playable as it's all server based).

Can't spend attribute points? Awesome! There was only one correct way to build your character anyway!

Can't customize your characters? You can now chose male or female for all classes, whoch you could not do in Diablo 2.

Doesn't have the old characters? Yes, well, Diablo 2 didn't have the 'new' ones. I'll take a Monk over an Assassin any day. Plus, this is 20 years later. Some of them will have died.

Only 5 characters? Guess what, there was only 5 when Diablo 2 came out. Wait for the expansion if that's a problem for you.

Lack of story? Hardly. Diablo 3 starts 20 years after Diablo 2 at the beginning of the End of Days. Even going so far as to use story elements used in the 'first' Diablo, which was not even mentioned in Diablo 2. The simple truth is, Diablo 3 is not Diablo 2. No more than Diablo 2 was Diablo 1. Get with the times.
  64. May 15, 2012
    I am having a blast playing. Great sequel to and representation of of Diablo 2. Yes, a lot of WoW influences can be felt, but they are just fine. Could use better art, but the game will run on a laptop, so all good. Server issues at launch? Yes, annoying, but going to be fixed. Upset that you can't play offline? Then you don't understand why they did it. Online only keeps cheatersI am having a blast playing. Great sequel to and representation of of Diablo 2. Yes, a lot of WoW influences can be felt, but they are just fine. Could use better art, but the game will run on a laptop, so all good. Server issues at launch? Yes, annoying, but going to be fixed. Upset that you can't play offline? Then you don't understand why they did it. Online only keeps cheaters out, pirates at bay, and helps prevent botting. Expand
  65. May 15, 2012
    There is so much flaming about this game it is disgusting. There are launch hiccups like every other online game. However, the hours I have played have been incredibly enjoyable. The entire game is a modernized version of the franchise, with the writer of D2 writing the story of D3. I cannot say much about the story at this point but after playing D2 for the past few weeks, D3 is a breathThere is so much flaming about this game it is disgusting. There are launch hiccups like every other online game. However, the hours I have played have been incredibly enjoyable. The entire game is a modernized version of the franchise, with the writer of D2 writing the story of D3. I cannot say much about the story at this point but after playing D2 for the past few weeks, D3 is a breath of fresh air. Expand
  66. May 15, 2012
    After a rocky launch (which is to be expected with any major release) the logins began to work and I played for quite a long time. The game play is flawless, the builds are addicting, abilities a ton of fun to use. I prefer softer, artsy graphics to hyper-realism (CoD) because its more fun for me and looks better as it ages. I've been having a rediculous amount of fun so far and once theAfter a rocky launch (which is to be expected with any major release) the logins began to work and I played for quite a long time. The game play is flawless, the builds are addicting, abilities a ton of fun to use. I prefer softer, artsy graphics to hyper-realism (CoD) because its more fun for me and looks better as it ages. I've been having a rediculous amount of fun so far and once the servers fully stabilize, there wont be a negative aspect of this game. Expand
  67. May 15, 2012
    I loved diablo 2. I spent thousands of hours playing that game from my childhood, through high school and all throughout college. Now I'm an adult and playing D3 brings me back. People whine that it is different, but I don't see it. It feels the same, but better. It's more visceral. It's darker. The monsters are more vivid and the characters are more real. I see more customization, notI loved diablo 2. I spent thousands of hours playing that game from my childhood, through high school and all throughout college. Now I'm an adult and playing D3 brings me back. People whine that it is different, but I don't see it. It feels the same, but better. It's more visceral. It's darker. The monsters are more vivid and the characters are more real. I see more customization, not less. The game is perfect and I foresee myself playing even more hours on D3 than I did on D2. Don't listen to the naysayers. When Diablo 2 came out people were pissed and they though D1 was better. This is just another incantation of that same tried thing. When companies do something different (as Blizzard often does) the fans react negatively. They don't understand the design decisions, but once the servers are up and running well and people have really played the game, they'll be reminded why they love Diablo and they'll come to love this installment too. Trust me, buy this game. Expand
  68. May 15, 2012
    To all those unsure about buying the game; it's more then worth it .The only reason I'm giving it a nine is because there's no offline mode, which is kind of irritating. The graphics aren't mind-blowing, but they suit the game well. Other then that, I have absolutely nothing to complain about. Most of the people here are bombing the game's score because Blizzard's servers are havingTo all those unsure about buying the game; it's more then worth it .The only reason I'm giving it a nine is because there's no offline mode, which is kind of irritating. The graphics aren't mind-blowing, but they suit the game well. Other then that, I have absolutely nothing to complain about. Most of the people here are bombing the game's score because Blizzard's servers are having problems, which is probably the least surprising thing in the world; a game that's been hotly anticipated for over ten years has server problems on it's launch day?! What a frikin' shock! But in all seriousness, don't listen to them. I've been playing for only about 4 hours now, but it's amazing. The Demon Hunter class is supremely awesome, and I think that most people will enjoy this game, without having the biased opinion of those who think the fact that the servers are slow is a cause to flame this game with bad reviews. Expand
  69. May 15, 2012
    Diablo 3 is a major improvement to the previous bestselling pc title, don't listen to the reviews about the servers, that's simply due to its popularity :)
  70. May 15, 2012
    Having a great time with Diablo III, and I am a huge fan of the original Diablo and Diablo II. The environments, sound, combat animations, and story are all top notch. The combat is just flat out fun. My barbarian mows through crowds of monsters sending zombie parts and bits of the scenery flying. I like that I can try different character builds without having to commit hours and hours ofHaving a great time with Diablo III, and I am a huge fan of the original Diablo and Diablo II. The environments, sound, combat animations, and story are all top notch. The combat is just flat out fun. My barbarian mows through crowds of monsters sending zombie parts and bits of the scenery flying. I like that I can try different character builds without having to commit hours and hours of leveling up time, and that I can switch out my skills to handle different situations. The crafting system is more fun than the old gambling system, and the addition of randomly spawned special events make re-running an area more interesting. The followers all have their own story, and seem a lot more capable than the old D2 hirelings. They don't do much damage, but they do help you wrangle the huge mobs of monsters. My real rating is an 8, but given the obvious hater campaign against D3, I bumped it up to compensate. I'm saving my 9 for Guild Wars 2 when it's out of beta, and I am unable to imagine a game I would give an actual perfect sore to... Expand
  71. May 15, 2012
    Best game I have ever played. I didn't have any of the log-in issues and was at the gym when the server went down. A few days from now when all the problems are solved for good people will recognize the awesomeness of this game.
  72. Jun 16, 2012
    Having brought 3 characters to level 50+ and one character to the level 60 post game in the past couple of weeks, I find that the game feels like something between playing slot machines and eating Kraft cheese singles. It is short, linear, repetitive, and, above all, boring.
  73. May 15, 2012
    One of my most highly anticipated games! If you are truly a fan, you will appreciate all the work Blizzard has put into the creation of Diablo 3. Let them sort out the issues with servers ( as with all game launches) and you will undoubtedly enjoy the exciting and fast paced hack-and-slash gameplay. I especially love the randomized events, and that alone will keep me coming back to playOne of my most highly anticipated games! If you are truly a fan, you will appreciate all the work Blizzard has put into the creation of Diablo 3. Let them sort out the issues with servers ( as with all game launches) and you will undoubtedly enjoy the exciting and fast paced hack-and-slash gameplay. I especially love the randomized events, and that alone will keep me coming back to play for years to come! Expand
  74. May 15, 2012
    First the negative: it was a bit of a pain in the ass to get on the first couple of hours due to high server loads, and while I think they could have implemented some sort of queue so you didn't just have to spam login I think we all expected it and from a technical standpoint there was absolutely no way to prevent it.

The positive: Blizzard has made a FANTASTIC game, the constant online

The positive: Blizzard has made a FANTASTIC game, the constant online play makes hacking/duping much more difficult and after the first couple days the high server load issue will decline extremely rapidly. As someone who got terribly bored playing the first two Diablo games for anything more than a week at a time I still find this addicting like neither of them ever were. Bravo Blizzard.

This would have been a 10 but for the lack of a queue on login.
  75. May 15, 2012
    Ignore the trolls. Diablo 3 is just as fun as its predecessors. I'm about 6 hours in and LOVING it. There have been some hiccoughs at launch, but they will diminish.
  76. May 15, 2012
    I am a fan of the Diablo series and I can say I very much enjoy what Diablo 3 has to offer. The game play is great and stays true to the hack and slash RPG I fell in love with years ago. I would say 80% of the negative reviews on here are the launch day server issues. While understandably frustrating for many, it is no reason to pout and make a good game look horrid to future players. TheI am a fan of the Diablo series and I can say I very much enjoy what Diablo 3 has to offer. The game play is great and stays true to the hack and slash RPG I fell in love with years ago. I would say 80% of the negative reviews on here are the launch day server issues. While understandably frustrating for many, it is no reason to pout and make a good game look horrid to future players. The other big complaint is the absence of single player mode and I understand. However, the reasoning behind this is because Blizzard implemented the "Real Money Auction House." The black market was notorious for selling items and in game currency so Blizzard is fighting back with this. It gives the normal player base a chance to get in on this market, Blizzard is able to make money from these kinds of transactions, and it puts a strain on the black market. Diablo 2 was plagued with hacked and duped items so for this to work Blizzard made the choice to go in this direction. People miss single player and LAN abilities, but in all honesty it was a going to be a relatively small market purchasing the game for that. Overall, this is a great game and will not disappoint. Expand
  77. May 15, 2012
    Returning D1 and D2 player here, and I have to say that despite the really rough launch, this game has lived up to all my expectations. Me and my brother managed to play co-op for a good 4 hours last night and just finished Act 1 while still missing a few things. The boss fights are really fun, and the new skill system is fantastic. The dungeons are really immersive and I'm sure that ifReturning D1 and D2 player here, and I have to say that despite the really rough launch, this game has lived up to all my expectations. Me and my brother managed to play co-op for a good 4 hours last night and just finished Act 1 while still missing a few things. The boss fights are really fun, and the new skill system is fantastic. The dungeons are really immersive and I'm sure that if you liked the first two, you will thoroughly enjoy this one. Ignore all the bad reviews written by players that are sour because they didn't get to play. Expand
  78. May 15, 2012
    Keep it short and simple. This game is **** AMAZING!!!!!!!!! Drop rates, leveling, BALANCE all feel...right. To all the children that are throwing fits because of the server problems and giving this game a low rating- get real. IT JUST LAUNCHED! **** is going to happen. It's not like its down all the time...Personally I feel they (blizzard) have done a fantastic job with the timeKeep it short and simple. This game is **** AMAZING!!!!!!!!! Drop rates, leveling, BALANCE all feel...right. To all the children that are throwing fits because of the server problems and giving this game a low rating- get real. IT JUST LAUNCHED! **** is going to happen. It's not like its down all the time...Personally I feel they (blizzard) have done a fantastic job with the time alloted online, considering all the maintenance they're going through. GROW UP! This game is will be played for YEARS to come... Expand
  79. May 15, 2012
    If you are expecting D2 to be redone, you won't like it. As many have pointed out, there are a lot of differences. Depending on where you are coming from, you may not like the differences. I personally do, so I give it a 10. I think most of the negative reviews are related to the server crashes. At least where I am it's a beautiful day and the downtime is a good time to go take a break.
  80. May 15, 2012
    I am very disappointed by the entitled nature of the reviews here. Not only is it a complete given that an online game with millions of players will have some issues at launch, but what makes it truly ironic is that Blizzard tends to be one of the better companies at mitigating such issues.

Two days from now, the 800 negative reviews will be literally meaningless, yet they'll still be here on this site. That's a terrible shame.
  81. May 15, 2012
    If you loved Diablo II, BUY THIS GAME. The rush leveling required to try out different builds is no longer necessary. I'm currently level 23 with a Witch Doctor and he is everything I wanted from a Necromancer. My guargantuan is a beast.

I gave this a 10. I was tempted to drop 1 point due to the launch day stability - but seriously, there are likely 1 million people trying to play at the same time... think you can handle that engineering task flawlessly the first time?
  82. May 15, 2012
    This is a highly polished game that brings everything fans of the series want to its logical next evolution. The abilities are more dynamic, your kit now holds more than 2 abilities at once, and using them no longer feels "spammy". The storyline is great, after my first playthrough, and the environments and mobs will have you smiling while intensely concentrating on how you're going toThis is a highly polished game that brings everything fans of the series want to its logical next evolution. The abilities are more dynamic, your kit now holds more than 2 abilities at once, and using them no longer feels "spammy". The storyline is great, after my first playthrough, and the environments and mobs will have you smiling while intensely concentrating on how you're going to tackle the new groups of enemies. Truly a joy to play. Expand
  83. May 15, 2012
    ok so my roomie just got diablo 3 i live in a household of 3gamers we paid 60 bucks for the game so we could all install and play it and tbh im totaly pist off u can only install to 1 computer then u have to buy it all over again this is some seriouse bs and im not happy
  84. May 15, 2012
    Diablo 3 is an awesome game, with a great degree of customization. The people who say otherwise are used to spending permanent points in synergized skills that leave little leeway for deviation, and they like to call that somehow not cookie cutter, when 85 percent of them are going off build guides they read on the web. I LIKE NOT HAVING TO ALT TAB OUT OF THE GAME. I also like not havingDiablo 3 is an awesome game, with a great degree of customization. The people who say otherwise are used to spending permanent points in synergized skills that leave little leeway for deviation, and they like to call that somehow not cookie cutter, when 85 percent of them are going off build guides they read on the web. I LIKE NOT HAVING TO ALT TAB OUT OF THE GAME. I also like not having to worry about nerfing my character with spent skill points. There are so many possible combinations of skills and gear, I'm hopeful that there won't be a reliance on specific cookie cutter builds that there was in D2. The game runs wonderfully, with just a few launch issues, that are easy to understand considering the game's giant fanbase, old and new. I smell a bunch of butthurt DIablo 2 elitists. I couldn't log in until 2 hours after launch cause of server flooding, but after that point I had an absolute blast. 10/10 would play for the next 10 years. Expand
  85. May 15, 2012
    Diablo 3 is a wonderful game, adding much of its own charm while staying true to the original feel of the previous 2 installments of the series. I've so far played for 5 hours, and the experience has been quite enjoyable.

first off, much of the bad reviews on this website are people bashing the launch, as the game must constantly be online, even while playing single player (the game does not allow offline or lan play). It did take me an hour and a half to get online, but, seeing as how this is an extremely popular game, it was to be expected. This game is amazing, and I'd recommend it to anyone, as it is easy to get into, but becomes a challenge as you progress. If you want to try it, go on reddit or a website like that and see if someone will give you a guest pass, or ask a friend.
  86. May 15, 2012
    The first few hours of playing this game was done with friends and I have to say the multi-player element of this game is outstanding. It was incredibly easy to add friends, join their game or have them join me and the UI was intuitive. Not sure why there are so many haters of the online component, or saying it's nothing like it's predecessors. It is every bit as good as Diablo and DiabloThe first few hours of playing this game was done with friends and I have to say the multi-player element of this game is outstanding. It was incredibly easy to add friends, join their game or have them join me and the UI was intuitive. Not sure why there are so many haters of the online component, or saying it's nothing like it's predecessors. It is every bit as good as Diablo and Diablo II were when they were released and well worth the wait and investment Blizzard has put into producing a quality game. This title will be around for many years to come. Expand
  87. May 15, 2012
    So many people just review log in screens or parrot opinions without playing games these days, it's pathetic...

Disblo 3 is amazing, and was well worth the wait.
  88. May 15, 2012
    Apart from the botched release - which is something that has happened with damn near every World of Warcraft expansion as well - the game is very very good. It's refined the gameplay from Diablo II, and I would argue for the better. Online only is not a big deal, like it's not a big deal in Starcraft 2.
  89. aTn
    May 15, 2012
    Most reviews done by users before the day of release (or a few hours after release) are simply rants against the DRM policy. Thanks to them for polluting the set of user reviews and making them have absolutely no meaning at all, except for the fact that many like to whine.

I've been playing the game for about 5 hours and it is simply great. I will reserve judgement until I've completed it and the dust has settled a bit. I give it a 9 based on sound (the music is awesome, even the installer music !), graphics, lighting effects and the story.
  90. May 15, 2012
    The game is like a wooly cup inside of a large black bag that has no zipper. At first you open the bag to see if the zipper will slide and once you do you realize that the smell of rotten flesh coming from the bag reminds you of the time you jumped on the trampoline naked in 9th grade. It's not so much the eye candy that gets you going with this game but the way it makes you want to turnThe game is like a wooly cup inside of a large black bag that has no zipper. At first you open the bag to see if the zipper will slide and once you do you realize that the smell of rotten flesh coming from the bag reminds you of the time you jumped on the trampoline naked in 9th grade. It's not so much the eye candy that gets you going with this game but the way it makes you want to turn your stereo up to level 11. If I could describe this game in one word it would be Expand
  91. May 15, 2012
    Don't let the trolling wash your expectations...this is the PC' RPG of th year.
    Let's be honest and remember that DIABLO saga is almost in the perfection. Made not only by an entire dev team but with the help of the gamers (real ones) it selves.
    Don't let the trolling wash your expectations...this is the PC' RPG of th year.
    If you don't read about it, if you dont play the beta...if you dont play all the trash games around Diablo franchise (and say omg come soon diablo 3) then you are just a troll.
    This game's only sin, is the lack of complexity or sophistication in the talents and spells.
    Enjoy your copy and play always with friends.
  92. May 15, 2012
    Judging this game based on launch drama is silly. In a year when people are looking to see how Diablo 3 is, they'll need to see real reviews.

This game is a lot of fun. I'm not a die-hard fan of the franchise, but I've played about 10 hours now and had a lot of fun doing it. The classes are fun, the missions are varied enough, and the story is great. I'd recommend this game a lot.
  93. May 15, 2012
    this game rocks! There is some first day problems but the game is still awesome and will get just better and better!And people cant read that's why they have so much problem with the connecting to this game but if you follow the community you will have no problem with the game!
  94. May 15, 2012
    My god, these trolls. The game is fantastic. Apart from a few server hiccups, it plays very well. I'm looking forward to spending 7 more days playing this beast of a game.
  95. May 15, 2012
    One of the greatest games i've played in years. People complaining about the servers, I played most of the day on launch, servers were down for four hours. While this is unfortunate, i don't think it should have any baring on the rating of such a great game. 10/10. Oh and have played 6 hours now, still in Act 2, those who are buzzing through the game are ignoring everything there is toOne of the greatest games i've played in years. People complaining about the servers, I played most of the day on launch, servers were down for four hours. While this is unfortunate, i don't think it should have any baring on the rating of such a great game. 10/10. Oh and have played 6 hours now, still in Act 2, those who are buzzing through the game are ignoring everything there is to do. Great game. Expand
  96. May 15, 2012
    Diablo 3 is **** awesome even if i didn't get to log in all the time today! It's hrpahnasdf;lkajdfa;ldfkj graphics are really awesome and the story telling is awesome. Although this is the first Diablo game that i have gotten so far i think that i will love it and play it for a long time 10/10 !!
  97. May 16, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The game isn't perfect, but is a great game, DRM is a shame, but I think the game is pretty fun, despite the outdated graphics, it's pretty well anyway, diablo 3 despite the problems it presents is a recommended game, and Monk is the best Expand
  98. May 15, 2012
    Seriously people rating 0/10 because they can't log in or just because of one little thing? Should you be even rating something if you haven't played it? Anyway, yes there are some problems with the game like server issues and no offline so 1 point off for that (not 10 off because thats retarded). I have played 7 hours of the game and i'm still in act 2 so if you don't rush through theSeriously people rating 0/10 because they can't log in or just because of one little thing? Should you be even rating something if you haven't played it? Anyway, yes there are some problems with the game like server issues and no offline so 1 point off for that (not 10 off because thats retarded). I have played 7 hours of the game and i'm still in act 2 so if you don't rush through the game you can expect maybe 12-14 hours of glorious gaming on normal difficulty. Game play wise the combat is visceral and fast paced; the story so far is okay, not great because it is somewhat contrived. You do get a skill every level but you can customize skills with runes, also you don't get anymore attribute points instead you are given them; in my opinion this is a good thing because the attribute system in Diablo 2 was basically enough strength for gear, enough dex for max block, and then dump the rest into vitality, basically fake customization. I'm honestly glad they got rid of the ye olde attribute system. Expand
  99. May 15, 2012
    First of all I'm going to say that it's not Blizz's fault 3rd parties (and the gamers themselves) popped up with real currency buying and selling of game items/accounts/characters. The real currency Auction House is just the next step in the evolution of stopping scamming and piracy as gaming grows. Secondly, the DRM is to keep people from playing the game who have not purchased itFirst of all I'm going to say that it's not Blizz's fault 3rd parties (and the gamers themselves) popped up with real currency buying and selling of game items/accounts/characters. The real currency Auction House is just the next step in the evolution of stopping scamming and piracy as gaming grows. Secondly, the DRM is to keep people from playing the game who have not purchased it themselves, and to keep hacked/modded items from popping up in the on line community. I have a very slow dsl connection (wireless) and have had no problems with internet speed stopping me from playing in single player. All the trolls putting up 0's have an internet connection to post this and that is enough for D3. Obviously stress testing can only go so far, as there is no way to actually have thousands of players online playing the game without it being fully released. People say blizzard doesn't care about the customers but I have had multiple experiences with customer service from D2->SC->WoW->SC2 and all of my problems(hacked accounts, technical issues, etc) have been resolved fairly and quickly. I believe this negative assumption comes from the sheer number of players playing their games. As far as the critics score goes please base your scores on the game itself not on your opinion of the company or its policies. I understand everyone has their own opinions on what services should be available but this score should be based on the game itself. It seems the server issues are the main reason people are putting up 0's and those issues will be solved comparatively quickly to the expected lifetime of the game (and the players themselves). Finally as far as game play is concerned; it is a great dungeon crawler and the different classes each have their own play style that keeps the re-playability high. You may be able to rush through the game on normal difficulty mode in short order but keep in mind that is maybe a tenth of the actual game due to difficulty modes. Also a lot of the charm from D2 was loot grabbing/ item finding which is just as evident in D3. The crafting addition is a fun little way to improve on this concept. All the haters just go back to D2. Its clear that's the game you want this to be and like anything new it has to evolve. Solid seamless cut scenes and virtually no load time into buildings/dungeon areas. Expand
  100. May 15, 2012
    Ok, so this ticks me off a bit. First off, Diablo 2 was amazing, now they release this game that is supposed to be really good, and from what i have played, it IS. Its pretty amazing actually really fun and awesome. But, the first day EVERYONE got on, so the servers couldnt take it and crashed, now everyone is REALY pissed because they had to do maitinence, does no one in this worldOk, so this ticks me off a bit. First off, Diablo 2 was amazing, now they release this game that is supposed to be really good, and from what i have played, it IS. Its pretty amazing actually really fun and awesome. But, the first day EVERYONE got on, so the servers couldnt take it and crashed, now everyone is REALY pissed because they had to do maitinence, does no one in this world have patience? Your giving a GREAT game a bad rep because of one mishap and its fixed now, just play the game. Game= 10/10 Fans= 0/10 Expand
  101. Jun 10, 2012
    So, along with everybody else, server blah blah, pain in the ass blah blah, should be offline blah blah.
    That being said, just finished on normal difficulty. It took me about 22 hours ( I like to grind a little). I thought there was nothing wrong with the story, possibly could have done more but didn't need to. Cut scene graphics were great. In game graphics I thought were pretty ordinary to start with but as I grew accustomed to the art style I found myself thinking how good it looked on several occasions. The gameplay for the most part is fairly polished, lag issues sometimes causing minor problems. Special skills ( demon hunter) seem to annihilate whilst the ordinary attack seems underpowered in comparison. I sometimes got the feeling of repetitiveness but this was probably part due to over-tiredness. Probably my biggest frustration was the loot. I seemed to get plenty of rare drops but they were rarely any better than the standard magical items I was carrying, or they were for the wrong class. Even killing the big bosses was a disappointment in loot. By the end of the game I had 75% rare items equipped. I got my weapon from the auction house because with all my grinding couldn't get anything worth using ( perhaps that's blizzards plan). In conclusion, this is one of the rare games that I was interested enough to see through to completion so I definitely don't think it worth the score it's attracted. There are plenty of achievements to go back for etc if you don't have anything better to do. 8/10

1. Aug 31, 2012