Diablo III PC

4.0

1. May 18, 2012
    As usual, Blizzard nailed the gameplay and succesfully synthesized the new 'perfect drug' for PC gamers. In this iteration of the franchise however, the production value surprisingly falls short of what we've become accustomed to from the company. Unlike Starcraft II's highly polished cutscenes, Diablo III offers poorly animated in-game cutscenes and jerky dialogue transitions.As usual, Blizzard nailed the gameplay and succesfully synthesized the new 'perfect drug' for PC gamers. In this iteration of the franchise however, the production value surprisingly falls short of what we've become accustomed to from the company. Unlike Starcraft II's highly polished cutscenes, Diablo III offers poorly animated in-game cutscenes and jerky dialogue transitions.

Multiplayer play was made much better, and much easier - so much easier that you'll probably find it impossible to play alone! Too bad that the cost for this was a highly controversial DRM that Blizzard utterly failed in supporting on the first few days from launch. Blizzard probably lost many supporters because of this (I can understand), but Diablo III remains a fun game that will keep you entertained for a good while.
  2. May 22, 2012
    The game starts off slow, however once you make your way into nightmare and hell.... the game becomes GREAT. The higher difficulties are challenging and without the gear, you will possibly have trouble soloing parts of the game without hoarding the elites away! The game is perfect for anyone who would come back to diablo 2 every once in a while, just to enjoy its gameplay. MAIN FEATUREThe game starts off slow, however once you make your way into nightmare and hell.... the game becomes GREAT. The higher difficulties are challenging and without the gear, you will possibly have trouble soloing parts of the game without hoarding the elites away! The game is perfect for anyone who would come back to diablo 2 every once in a while, just to enjoy its gameplay. MAIN FEATURE is that it is exactly like diablo 2, the game feels the same and also has alot of improvements! +10 Expand
  3. May 18, 2012
    Incredibly fun, addictive installment to the Diablo series that revamped where necessary and stayed true to roots where it was most important. The 3K bad reviews on here tell you one thing, the other million or so players are in the world of Sanctuary having fun and enjoying the skillfully crafted, well thought out sequel. When people like something there is usually no reason to explainIncredibly fun, addictive installment to the Diablo series that revamped where necessary and stayed true to roots where it was most important. The 3K bad reviews on here tell you one thing, the other million or so players are in the world of Sanctuary having fun and enjoying the skillfully crafted, well thought out sequel. When people like something there is usually no reason to explain why you like it. However, on the other hand you have a very small subset of people who feel the need to make their woes known and it is typically on the extremist side of the spectrum. Also If the review mentions anything about launch day it should be thrown out immediately as it is not a review of the game and should not reflect so here. The game is incredibly fine tuned, polished, and you can tell that the entire world including the game play, the visual detail, and the score were crafted with love. I don't see DRM as an issue either. DRM will help to prevent the nonsense that accompanies any offline single player game...hacks/exploits/duping all things that ruin a game. The ONLY con I would have is that I wanted to Act 1 Boss to be free roaming rather than a scripted in game video, but that may be too much want for nostalgia. Overall I couldn't be happier with Diablo 3, great job Blizzard team, and to you 3K who don't like the game, don't play...your numbers account for nothing in comparison to those that do like it. Expand
  4. May 18, 2012
    The very new reference and best hack'n slash since Diablo II, haters can just go and rest in peace in hell with their problems with this type of game or their impossibilities to connect... !
  5. May 18, 2012
    This game is awesome. Who ever has a negative review is because blizzard had issues with the game at launch, but that should be a negative review on blizzard NOT IT'S GAME. It's game is the **** And once they got rid of all the serever issues, the game worked flawlessly. I love blizz and I love it's games. I've been a consumer since 2000. Blizzard rocks and so does diablo 3. I've playedThis game is awesome. Who ever has a negative review is because blizzard had issues with the game at launch, but that should be a negative review on blizzard NOT IT'S GAME. It's game is the **** And once they got rid of all the serever issues, the game worked flawlessly. I love blizz and I love it's games. I've been a consumer since 2000. Blizzard rocks and so does diablo 3. I've played both diablo 2's, and diablo 3 takes it to a whole new LEVEL. Listen to the criticts. Expand
  6. May 22, 2012
    10 Reasons Why Diablo 3 is 10/10 (in no particular order)

1. The game feels very similar to Diablo 2. If you are one of the millions of people who LOVED Diablo 2, you will LOVE Diablo 3. 2. The skill system has been vastly improved. Gone are the days where you either play one of four cookie-cutter Hell-beating builds or die instantly. Instead, players can switch skills on the fly and
    10 Reasons Why Diablo 3 is 10/10 (in no particular order)

2. The skill system has been vastly improved. Gone are the days where you either play one of four cookie-cutter Hell-beating builds or die instantly. Instead, players can switch skills on the fly and thereby try different combinations of skills for different encounters. This adds a strategic element to the game, but it also just makes the game more fun to experience since you won't be spamming one skill for thousands of hours.

3. The game looks amazing. It may not look as polished as Skyrim or Witcher 2 on first glance, but Blizzard knows that the devil is in the details. The movements of the characters are smooth and seamless. Skills are impressive to behold. The environments are interactive and the 3D rendering adds considerable depth. The result is a game that may not boast the best screenshots but offers some of the most visceral and epic battle sequences ever created.

4. The new crafting system ensures that grinding will yield adequate rewards (at least so far). One of the biggest downsides of Diablo 2 was the dependence on getting lucky drops. The new crafting system allows you to salvage pretty much anything and turn the materials into high quality weapons and armor that actually compete with the random drops.

5. It is easy to join forces against the Prime Evils! It takes all of one click to join a friend's game and take up arms against the forces of Hell. Sure, it is nice to be able to fly solo, but this game is much more fun with a group of friends, and Blizzard has made it easier than ever to make that happen.

6. This game is worth buying just for the experience of playing Act 3 and Act 4. I will refrain from spoiling it for those who have not had the pleasure, but Blizzard really finishes the game with a bang!

7. The cutscenes are AWESOME... so is the sound!

8. By offering hardcore mode and the Inferno difficulty, the game should please serious gamers and grinders.

9. On the flip side, the game has much to offer to the casual gamer. I feel that casual gamers get drowned out in the forums, but I would wager that the vast majority of the players currently enjoying themselves in the world of Santuary have yet to beat the game on Normal. They are pacing themselves and enjoying every minute of it! The beauty of Diablo 3 is that you can have a blast playing for 10 hours OR 10 minutes... in both cases you are killing demons and finding items. As a person with a demanding job and a life outside of computer games, I appreciate a game that I can play intermittently over a very long period of time.

10. On a similar note, this game has unparalleled value. People still enjoy playing Diablo 2 even though it was released 12 years ago! This installment will not be any different - it will always be there for you when you need a quick item hunting, demon slaying fix (don't we all?). I can think of no other game that offers such replayability without a monthly charge.

There are more reasons that this game is worthy of a high rating and deserving of your hard earned dollars. I'd list more, but I'd rather play a bit more Diablo 3. See you in Sanctuary!
  7. May 18, 2012
    Bit short, but good. Never had any lag or connection issues.

The only Blizzard game I've played was D2 as a kid, but you whiners and **** obviously don't know how the gaming industry works: DRM - Welcome to 2012. No serious online game is gonna let you have a free offline mode, too much piracy/duping. 10 years from now, this will be the unquestioned norm. It pretty much already is. Few
    Bit short, but good. Never had any lag or connection issues.

Few hours of downtime - You've got the next 10 years to play, people

Can't set attributes - Welcome to 2012. The mainstream gamer doesn't want stats/attributes that can't be changed if they mess up their build. Which MMO made in recent years doesn't have resets? A lot have done away with stats entirely. Same trend follows here. Graphics - Could be darker, but how gritty can you make an isometric 3D game? It's easy with 2D sprites in D1 and D2. If they were to do it for D3, it would take too much texturing and only run well on good computers. Blizzard wants casuals with crappy computers to play. I'd rather have big community rather than a group of elitists.

Real money store - They want money, sure. But it would've happened legit or not. How do you support a free online game for this many people without monthly subscription or an item shop? You guys gonna donate? Game's not perfect, but the complaints above aren't even relevant.
  8. May 18, 2012
    =Pluses=
    +Has all the Diablo-y goodness that D2 and D1 had
    +Skills and runes change your character qualitatively +Somewhat more strategic than other Diablo games +Character classes are varied and mostly new +Decently balanced +Just as long as D2 =Pluses and Minuses= +-No skill point distribution +-No locking down your skill choices +-No offline play =Minuses= -Skill categories are
    =Pluses=
    +Has all the Diablo-y goodness that D2 and D1 had
    +Skills and runes change your character qualitatively
    +Somewhat more strategic than other Diablo games
    +Character classes are varied and mostly new
    +Decently balanced
    +Just as long as D2

=Pluses and Minuses=
    +-No skill point distribution
    +-No locking down your skill choices
    +-No offline play

=Minuses=
    -Skill categories are somewhat arbitrary
    -Act 2 is almost a verbatim copy of D2's Act 2
    -Act 1 is similar to D1
  9. May 18, 2012
    I just took down the butcher in Hell mode, so I've run through the game 2 1/4 times, and I must say this is one of the funnest games I've ever played. The new skill system is easy to learn and difficult to master, adding a lot of customization on the fly to use in different situations. The difficulties add SO much replay value, and I can't wait to see Inferno mode. I loved Diablo I and II,I just took down the butcher in Hell mode, so I've run through the game 2 1/4 times, and I must say this is one of the funnest games I've ever played. The new skill system is easy to learn and difficult to master, adding a lot of customization on the fly to use in different situations. The difficulties add SO much replay value, and I can't wait to see Inferno mode. I loved Diablo I and II, and this feels like the logical next step. It's frantic and fun. Ignore the haters, I know I will, but I guess living through Ultima, EQ, and WOW releases has hardened me to login problems. I feel like an old man. YOU KNOW IN MY DAY, you were lucky if you didn't fall through the world until one of the 12 GM's on staff could come get you out. Expand
  10. May 18, 2012
    A great stand alone game with an acceptable story and character progression is excellent. The negitive reviews shock me really. But I suppose people can be harsh on just about anything. I loved Diablo 2 and played it untill my fingers bled. I think this is a great follow up. Everything added up perfectly for me. Mowing down hordes of enemies feels rewarding, and the constant progression ofA great stand alone game with an acceptable story and character progression is excellent. The negitive reviews shock me really. But I suppose people can be harsh on just about anything. I loved Diablo 2 and played it untill my fingers bled. I think this is a great follow up. Everything added up perfectly for me. Mowing down hordes of enemies feels rewarding, and the constant progression of items makes this worth playing. hardcore gamers could be detered due to the checkpoint system, but playing on higher difficulties makes this game difficult. Sure, the servers went down, but all games have had rocky issues on release. Expand
  11. May 18, 2012
    The people that review this game poorly are idiots. The game is fun. Point.
    Does it matter if it's HARDCORE MLG I'M SO COOL? It's fun as hell, simple to get into, has great voice acting, smooth gameplay, pretty good graphics...
    The items are fun to get and the linear story doesn't at all takeaway from the immersive story and gameplay The auction house is cool and easy. I am anxious to
    The people that review this game poorly are idiots. The game is fun. Point.

The auction house is cool and easy. I am anxious to see what happens with the real money currency thing being launched next week.

If you came here to decide whether or not to get this, get it. It's a BLAST to play.
  12. May 18, 2012
    Great game by far. Don't listen to all the haters here who have never even played a Diablo game . The game plays great . The graphics are good and the multiplayer is great. Yes they did change the leveling system in the game and the story is a Tad linear as well but anyone who has played any of the other Diablo games would know all the stories were linear as well. So if you were a fan ofGreat game by far. Don't listen to all the haters here who have never even played a Diablo game . The game plays great . The graphics are good and the multiplayer is great. Yes they did change the leveling system in the game and the story is a Tad linear as well but anyone who has played any of the other Diablo games would know all the stories were linear as well. So if you were a fan of any of the Diablo games Puck this one up and enjoy it. You will be happy. Expand
  13. May 18, 2012
    Amazing and fun! Even for a non-hardcore gamer! I thought I would be playing a demon hunter, but turns out the wizard is very fun. I'm also enjoying playing with friends way more than soloing.
  14. Jun 26, 2012
    This just proves that the critic reviews are always more accurate (and not full of bullcrap). How can you give a game the 0 score just because it has DRM.
  15. May 18, 2012
    As far as gameplay is concerned, the game feels great and is extremely fun to play. I'd give it a 10 out of 10 on that alone, with the sound design and music being fantastic as well. The only thing that brings it down is the writing. The story is...pretty awful, and the dialogue could be much better. It's just generally poorly written. Other than that, I would encourage anyone to play thisAs far as gameplay is concerned, the game feels great and is extremely fun to play. I'd give it a 10 out of 10 on that alone, with the sound design and music being fantastic as well. The only thing that brings it down is the writing. The story is...pretty awful, and the dialogue could be much better. It's just generally poorly written. Other than that, I would encourage anyone to play this game!

By the way, the always-online DRM isn't really an issue as long as you have a stable connection. Yes, it sucks, but the game is so fun I'm willing to let it slide.
  16. May 19, 2012
    This game is well made. There are disturbing trends at work, Explosive negative reactions to things that, in 1999 when i was at my gaming prime would have been forgiven. I dont understand it.;
  17. May 18, 2012
    First of all, I repeat DO NOT listen to any of these NEGATIVE reviews.

First of all, I repeat DO NOT listen to any of these NEGATIVE reviews.

If you notice, all of these NEGATIVE reviews were written when Diablo 3 came out (May 15, 2012). During that time Blizzard was having issues with its online servers, and many of the features such as the auction house were simply not ready yet. Many people couldn't connect or play with each other, and this in effect, caused an uproar amongst gamers EVERYWHERE.

Many of the people who wrote these negative reviews jumped the gun way too early. They weren't reviewing Diablo 3- they were basically reviewing the launch of Diablo 3 along with its share of problems.

Now just let me tell it to you straight. And this is 3 days AFTER the launch.

Diablo 3 is an amazing game. It takes what everyone loved about Diablo 2, and refines it to the point where it feels like a completly re-invented game. The gameplay is well-balanced and addictive. The cutscenes are absolutely gorgeous. The environments are diverse and unique, and the interface is easy to navigate and understand. The thing that makes Diablo 3 one of the best PC games to hit the planet is the fact that is is simply just fun to play. Whether you're slaying demons by yourself, or you bring a couple of buddies with you to tag along.... Diablo 3 is a bloody good time. And in the end isn't that what matters the most?

Now stop reading all of those stoopid NEGATIVE REVIEWS and go buy the game. I promise you that it will be the best $60 you ever spent.
  18. May 18, 2012
    D3 is a fun, beautiful game with an abundance of that Blizzard polish that we've all come to know and love and an incredibly streamlined co-op system that lets you get into games with other people really easily. Yes, the initial launch was horrendous due to login/server issues, but that subsided pretty quickly and things have been very stable ever since. This is a Blizzard game that willD3 is a fun, beautiful game with an abundance of that Blizzard polish that we've all come to know and love and an incredibly streamlined co-op system that lets you get into games with other people really easily. Yes, the initial launch was horrendous due to login/server issues, but that subsided pretty quickly and things have been very stable ever since. This is a Blizzard game that will be played for many, many years to come, so it's a little unfair for people so upset over a few hours of problems on launch day due to the always online feature to rage out and give the game a 0. Expand
  19. May 18, 2012
    I loved the campaign from the beginning till the end. I don't understand the haters giving this game a 0, only because they can't play now. I also had lots of errors with other games (like Portal 2) but that doesn't mean that it's a bad game.
  20. Oct 15, 2013
    3.8 out of 10? Honestly? One of the most known games around the world? I mean really what the hell is wrong with you people? The game didn't meet your expectations? Well hell yeah, the devs can't know what each and single person would want to see in the game, the worst part is... i see no reason for such a score, just a bunch of mad little haters... The game gets boring after about 2-33.8 out of 10? Honestly? One of the most known games around the world? I mean really what the hell is wrong with you people? The game didn't meet your expectations? Well hell yeah, the devs can't know what each and single person would want to see in the game, the worst part is... i see no reason for such a score, just a bunch of mad little haters... The game gets boring after about 2-3 months of lvling/grinding BUT those 2-3 months are well worth it, the graphics are simply great, mechanics, animations, voices... all of those are topnotch even the story isnt all that bad, hell i would buy this game for the cinematics alone... i mean NO MATTER HOW MUCH DISAPPOINTED YOU ARE this game doesn't deserve 0/10 or are you telling me there is at least 1 person that thinks the graphics are bad? Give me a break. If you rate rate reasonably... taking in consideration ALL of its flaws AND beauties. Expand
  21. May 18, 2012
    You can't rate this game based on the servers, that's irrelevant to the actual game and game play. Whether blizz made the servers flimsy and unreliable or not, that doesn't affect the game at all. The game itself, it amazing. I literally sat down to play at 5, and got off at 7 and it felt like 20 minutes. It takes everything great about Diablo 2 and doubles the fun. People complain aboutYou can't rate this game based on the servers, that's irrelevant to the actual game and game play. Whether blizz made the servers flimsy and unreliable or not, that doesn't affect the game at all. The game itself, it amazing. I literally sat down to play at 5, and got off at 7 and it felt like 20 minutes. It takes everything great about Diablo 2 and doubles the fun. People complain about Normal difficult and say the games easy, but I'd like to see your face on the first elite/champion mobs of nightmare. You WILL get destroyed at higher difficulties, and the story keeps you on the edge of your seat until the very end. Great game. Expand
  22. May 18, 2012
    I don't know what everybody is complaining about. Just because the servers went down for a bit, doesn't mean you have to go crazy! The game being playable only if the player is online is the only major issue of the game. Other the that, the game is near flawless. The gameplay is innovative and different than Diablo II, yet its still engaging. The cinematic are one of the best out there.I don't know what everybody is complaining about. Just because the servers went down for a bit, doesn't mean you have to go crazy! The game being playable only if the player is online is the only major issue of the game. Other the that, the game is near flawless. The gameplay is innovative and different than Diablo II, yet its still engaging. The cinematic are one of the best out there. There are minor flaws in my opinion, such as the portals to town system, however its not something that would completely ruin the gameplay. On a side note, I wish Blizzard would have maintained the Necromancer class. That is just a personal preference... As for the storyline, it has twists and turns, with a bit of generic stuff going on there, not much to complain about. I would definitely recommend this game to any one who is into this type of genre, its a cannot miss! I'd give it a 9 or 9.5, but I gave a 10 here because I find it ridiculous how people are giving it anything under an 8. Expand
  23. May 18, 2012
    Diablo 3 is an awesome game. The fact is, the people giving the game bad reviews have a point. The first couple of days were horrible because you couldn't connect, therefore people feel that the game deserves a zero. Fair enough, but now that the rough patch is over, these user scores should really start to reflect the game itself.

I start at 10 points. Minus 1 for online only DRM - I

I start at 10 points.
    Minus 1 for online only DRM - I live in Australia and my latency occasionally causes problems.
    Otherwise that game is great. Story. Items. Acting. Gameplay. The gold auction house in awsome! And there is incredible attention to detail (from the UIs to readability of the screen while in battle).

As to the game's graphics, I personally really like them. I was horrified when I first saw the early screenshots.
    But having played the game I can't imagine them any other way. I've played the PoE beta and while the graphics are technically impressive and more realistic, it made most environments look messy. When you add the detailed textures to the isometric view and the monochromatic color scheme, it was annoyingly hard to enjoy the monster design or the environment (not to mention seeing what was going on in the heat of battle). On the other hand, the graphics are not as cartoon-y as so many people say. It does use a lower polygon count and lower res textures, but it is all in the name of readability. So you can actually see what is happening on screen. Torchlight 2 is cartoon-y. Distorted proportions, saturated colors, outlines etc. This is what makes something cartoon-y, and D3 has none of it.

Anyway, that's just my 5cents. I respect that many Gamers feel strongly about online only DRM, and I do too.
    But save it for petitions and voting with your wallet, don't tank the user review scores of a great game over a matter of principle. And to those who gave it a score of zero over the launch day difficulties, unless you plan to update your review after playing the game, then it was a bit of a dick move.
  24. May 18, 2012
    The reason that this game has such low user review score is because of 2 things: it has Diablo in the title and there were server problems. Not being able to play the game when it comes out really sucks, but doesn't make the whole game deserve a 0, it's just a bad play by Blizzard. Just wait a day and calm down. Also, since it has Diablo in the title, people expect this game to be exactlyThe reason that this game has such low user review score is because of 2 things: it has Diablo in the title and there were server problems. Not being able to play the game when it comes out really sucks, but doesn't make the whole game deserve a 0, it's just a bad play by Blizzard. Just wait a day and calm down. Also, since it has Diablo in the title, people expect this game to be exactly like the previous games, rightfully so. However, just because it's not doesn't mean it deserves 0, its just different. The game (when playable) is streamlined, fast-paced, addictive, and a hell of a lot of fun to play. It has more of a focus on being an action rpg then a regular rpg because of the lower level of customization. So take it as that, not for something it isn't trying to be. Saying it is an awful game is wrong, it just wasn't what you expected Expand
  25. May 18, 2012
    To Everyone saying D3 SUCKS cause of server failures, that's not the games fault, that's Blizzard. If you go play right now it is fine so all you **** are just that. The actual game is awesome, nice randomized dungeons, the Bosses felt epic I enjoyed every last minute of the game. As always the loot is the main thing and it's awesome to see some of the **** I've gotten. Can't wait for PVPTo Everyone saying D3 SUCKS cause of server failures, that's not the games fault, that's Blizzard. If you go play right now it is fine so all you **** are just that. The actual game is awesome, nice randomized dungeons, the Bosses felt epic I enjoyed every last minute of the game. As always the loot is the main thing and it's awesome to see some of the **** I've gotten. Can't wait for PVP so I can kill some other folks. I have nothing bad to say about this game I've been more than happy with the result of this game. Expand
  26. May 18, 2012
    Amazing game, loads of fun. Didn't have a SINGLE error with servers and i don't mind the online requirement.
    Well spend 60$! I'm in Act 2 now on Nightmare.
  27. May 18, 2012
    Yada yada self-righteous claptrap about DRM. Oh wait! That's right! My internet is always on! **** I thought I was still on dial-up! And OMG! What's this? An auction house which isn't full of hacked items and other bs. Hey! An economy which isn't **** how fun! I guess that's why they need the internet to verify every loot. and OH HEY! I'm not a freetard, that's right! I actually want toYada yada self-righteous claptrap about DRM. Oh wait! That's right! My internet is always on! **** I thought I was still on dial-up! And OMG! What's this? An auction house which isn't full of hacked items and other bs. Hey! An economy which isn't **** how fun! I guess that's why they need the internet to verify every loot. and OH HEY! I'm not a freetard, that's right! I actually want to see developers earn money for good games like this one. Protip: Get a job/welfare. Pay for games. YADA yada bad framerate. OH WAIT my computer doesn't suck giant hairy testicles because I haven't been playing xbox for the last 13 years. Yada yada single player. OH WAIT! I've got friends who bought the game! Oh wow, we're playing together. I'm having fun! Screw single player. OH WAIT, I CAN play single player, but it's still online to prevent hacked items n'stuff and preserve the economy and the game. np.

YADA YADA I couldn't play for 2 hours. FUUUUCK! I'M GOING TO PUT A FRACKIN' 2 ON METASCORE. TAKE THAT BLIZZ. OH WAIT! Now i can play! wow fun! I'll totally come back and fix that review later...

Must... keep.. playing... tooo... much.. fun...
  28. May 18, 2012
    excelente juego!! me encanta mas alla de el tema de la conexion online el juego en si es muy bueno, sigue teniendo la esencia del 2 y sus requisistos son muy accesibles a casi toda la gente
  29. May 18, 2012
    To all the DRM-haters: Diablo III is a co-op multiplayer game with a high emphasis on loot and trading. Making the game accessible off-line would mean the game would once again be riddled with botters, hackers and the like. Diablo III is a fantastic game, with way more replayability than 95% of all other $60 games out there. The graphics may not be state of the art, but they are timelessTo all the DRM-haters: Diablo III is a co-op multiplayer game with a high emphasis on loot and trading. Making the game accessible off-line would mean the game would once again be riddled with botters, hackers and the like. Diablo III is a fantastic game, with way more replayability than 95% of all other $60 games out there. The graphics may not be state of the art, but they are timeless and will age much better than some hyperrealistic shooter that will look aged three years from now. I had great fun today with Diablo III and I expect to have much more fun in the coming months and years. Expand
  30. May 18, 2012
    The game is exactly what it should be and is really great. It contains everything that Diablo II was plus a lot of more features. Most of the people are complaining mindlessly about the start of the game where the servers were overloaded but it was just the first two days and now everything goes smoothly. Actually the servers were quite responsible for such a long time waiting game. TheThe game is exactly what it should be and is really great. It contains everything that Diablo II was plus a lot of more features. Most of the people are complaining mindlessly about the start of the game where the servers were overloaded but it was just the first two days and now everything goes smoothly. Actually the servers were quite responsible for such a long time waiting game. The graphics of the game is polished perfectly, the sound is great, there are tons of items to use, the difficult of the several game modes increases smoothly and is quite challenging in order to have the game entertaining for a long time. The hardcore mode is what each game should have.

There is something that I believe, and that most of the people can't realise. The game is a long time challenge that cannot be achieved if there were offline play where cracks and hacks are always possible to be used. The idea is that you can improve yourself to unbelievable limits over the time. To achieve this you should find the perfect gear. Here goes the real money aucision house and I believe Blizzard took a long time planning it as it can be easily spoiled. Some of the greatest items available will be listed there. Finally, if you're really that good and manage to beat the Inferno difficulty, the real challange begins. You start the hardcore mode, where each mistake costs everything and you should carefully plan every move of yours. Believe me, this will make you really feel and enjoy the game making your heart beating. So for all the critics, finish the Inferno difficulty and start playing the Hardcore mode.
  31. May 19, 2012
    Why there are thousands of negative votes in metacritic, especially zero votes? Actually, its really simple;

-Lots of ''torrent players'' got hit in the face because they couldnt play the game like the ''real players'' did. Jealousy is a **** -They waited couple of hours to login and play. Hey, i waited patiently for 2 days because i love diablo not the ''i need to be the one who login

-They waited couple of hours to login and play. Hey, i waited patiently for 2 days because i love diablo not the ''i need to be the one who login first ''.

-Skill system, potion drops, short gameplay, normal is too easy... nothing is perfect, embrace it.

-''i want to be offline when im playing single player, bohoo''. Didnt you ever play mmorpgs? its just like that, only with diablo in it.

-And bs,bs,bs,bs...

Let me tell ya something my fellow ''real players'', dont hesitate, go buy the game. Its my 43th hour and im still looking under every root and every stone for 5 gold pieces. Dont listen to that hater mumbo jumbo, listen to you heart..(ohh, so damn cute)

(me sorry fo bed english;)
  32. May 19, 2012
    This is a good game. You can cry about skills system but in the end it comes out to be really really good. You can cry about graphics but still they have w charm and they don't spoil games climat. Also you can cry about online DRM , but believe me it's not that bad - less hacks. This game ain't perfect but still it's extremely good , it sucked me in like nothing before.
  33. May 19, 2012
    1. Don't compare each game to its predecessor. I hate how the same thing happens with all Heroes of might and magic games. Diablo III has the same setting and continues the same story, BUT it's a new game.
    2. Stop whining about the graphics. (more people can play due to lower system specs., you have better online experience because of the same reason, it looks great to me and I don't compare it to FPS games)
    3. I have no worries playing online, what's the difference? You've got internet problems? Blame your ISP, not Blizzard. I live in Lithuania, we have perfect broadband internet here, no worries.
    4. Overal, give the game a chance. Rating it as low as the pathetic MW3? That's a disgrace. I hope true PC gamers will speak their mind, as Diablo III follows tradition and appeals to the old school gamers.
  34. May 19, 2012
    Blizzard had some initial problem with their server capacity, but for now all of the issues seem to be resolved. Being always on-line is not really a great deal if you buy the original, and of course have a decent internet connection (which I don't posses unfortunately). The game is a great experience. Graphics are not astonishing but the developers managed to keep the atmosphere of firstBlizzard had some initial problem with their server capacity, but for now all of the issues seem to be resolved. Being always on-line is not really a great deal if you buy the original, and of course have a decent internet connection (which I don't posses unfortunately). The game is a great experience. Graphics are not astonishing but the developers managed to keep the atmosphere of first and second part. The skills system is innovative and really friendly for the user. The only thing I don't really get is why players can not decide which stats to upgrade and which not. That's the worst thing in the game i guess, it makes the player feel not needed at all. Apart from that - great job blizzard ! waiting for an expansion pack :) Expand
  35. May 19, 2012
    The biggest problem in my opinion is the microtransactions. It allows players to cheat which in my opinion is the primary benefit of the always online-DRM. I was completely turned off by Diablo 2 when a friend just got some of the best armor by cheating. At least with microtransactions, they may be cheating but they have to pay for it. The graphics are fantastic and the way the creaturesThe biggest problem in my opinion is the microtransactions. It allows players to cheat which in my opinion is the primary benefit of the always online-DRM. I was completely turned off by Diablo 2 when a friend just got some of the best armor by cheating. At least with microtransactions, they may be cheating but they have to pay for it. The graphics are fantastic and the way the creatures get slaughtered is quite entertaining. The cutscenes are movie quality. I've recommended the game to my friends because it is a fun game and best played with people you know. Sure, there could be more classes and the ability to have larger teams but in general, I'm quite pleased. Expand
  36. May 19, 2012
    A lot of people have taken it upon themselves since this game released to bash it pretty relentlessly; these people approached the game with a very strong sense of entitlement, with very high expectations, and with nostalgia for Diablo II filtering their experience. Yes, the release was a debacle - for a few hours, anyway, and only for basement-dwelling losers who simply couldn't waitA lot of people have taken it upon themselves since this game released to bash it pretty relentlessly; these people approached the game with a very strong sense of entitlement, with very high expectations, and with nostalgia for Diablo II filtering their experience. Yes, the release was a debacle - for a few hours, anyway, and only for basement-dwelling losers who simply couldn't wait until Tuesday morning to play the game. For the rest of us, it is a complete non-issue.

Of course Blizzard's servers couldn't handle the midnight launch, because this launch was an anomaly. D3's launch was like the release of The Avengers; you and everyone you know saw it Thursday night at midnight, just like everyone else. That has never, ever happened with the release of an online game, and Blizzard very reasonably expected only a fraction of everyone who pre-ordered the game to log in immediately. Buying and running enough servers to accommodate literally every person on the face of the planet who bought the game would be incredibly expensive, and merely hours after launch, all those extra servers would become totally unnecessary. So yes, the launch wasn't perfect, but it's not really fair to place all the blame on Blizzard either.

The game requires an internet connection at all times during play. Part of this is Blizzard's attempt at anti-piracy measures. Mostly it's just the way the game is structured. Do people complain about MMORPGs that don't have offline-modes? Of course they don't, because MMOs are built around online play. You know what Diablo III is built like? An MMORPG. It has a real-time auction house, for crying out loud. Yes, the other Diablo games set a precedent for being offline single-player games with online options, but that was over a decade ago, and this is now, and D3 is not a single-player game. It is a multiplayer game with a single-player option, and as far as I'm concerned, that's perfectly fine. I'll be honest, I've never had much fun playing Diablo or Diablo II offline. For me they were mostly boring games that only became fun when other people were involved, and I don't think my experience is terribly unique.

So how is Diablo III? Pretty awesome. The graphics aren't cutting edge, but they're certainly not terrible, and the game will run on just about any computer, meaning more people to play with; it's the same strategy Blizzard has been using with WoW for years, and so far, it seems to work. For the nostalgic types, yes, the game is still isometric, items and gold still make the same noises when they drop, and for the most part, Blizzard has very skillfully refined and updated the gameplay formula that made the previous Diablo games so much fun, without ever losing the spirit of it. Each class is unique and fun to play, the variety of gear is mind-boggling, leveling feels faster and more rewarding, and the skills and skill runes make classes far, far more customizable than they were previously. Even wailing on monsters in this game feels better than it did before (and it looks and sounds better too).

All in all, Diablo III is a fun game, especially if you have friends. It's definitely a step in the more casual direction compared to its predecessors, but that just means it's different, not inherently bad. If you like dungeon-crawling old-school RPGs, you'll like Diablo III. You could certainly be doing worse things with your time, like Denial-of-Service attacking an online game server at its midnight launch or writing ultra-negative reviews of said game based solely on your own ignorance.
  37. May 19, 2012
    Pay no attention to the User Score of 4.0 this is a great game. You can no longer choose which stats you're going to put where. Stats like strength, dexterity, intelligence, etc. are chosen for you. However, there is a plethora of skills to choose from and runes for each skill that modifies the skill with different powers. There is tons of gear to pick up, different combinations you canPay no attention to the User Score of 4.0 this is a great game. You can no longer choose which stats you're going to put where. Stats like strength, dexterity, intelligence, etc. are chosen for you. However, there is a plethora of skills to choose from and runes for each skill that modifies the skill with different powers. There is tons of gear to pick up, different combinations you can use for you and the NPC's that can be your followers - in Diablo 2 they were called mercenaries. There is a 4th difficulty level Inferno, there's still a hardcore mode, the server issues are no longer a problem. To each his own, but I wouldn't trust the user score. Lots of people have put a 0 or another low score. Respectively, enjoy the game for what it is and not what you want it to be. It's a great game and is great fun. :) Expand
  38. May 22, 2012
    Greatest game ever. I just finish the normal campain and I don't wonna stop me. It's like a drug. I liked story too , and I find a game not so easy like someone write here.
  39. May 19, 2012
    For the last 3 days I've been enjoying my life playing diablo 3 very much and simply couldn't think that people would trash talk this game. The most likely reason all these butthurt trash talking noobs are here complaining can be roughly simplified categorised into 2 reasons. 1. Internet connection/DRM/crappy telstra internet users that keep getting lagged out hence have to come on to thisFor the last 3 days I've been enjoying my life playing diablo 3 very much and simply couldn't think that people would trash talk this game. The most likely reason all these butthurt trash talking noobs are here complaining can be roughly simplified categorised into 2 reasons. 1. Internet connection/DRM/crappy telstra internet users that keep getting lagged out hence have to come on to this site to QQ hard.
    This is 2012. You are expected to have a decent internet working. 2. Bad game play, over simplification, genius people somehow linking diablo 3 to world of warcraft. If diablo 3 was exactly like diablo 2 what is the point of playing???? and how is world of warcraft got to with anything?
    in short all the people who rated this game with zero are either extremely mad and need to undergo anger management or just absolutely clueless people that need to learn how gaming work. Yeah i made this account to counter all you haters. Read my username, scoop up and chew some cement and harden up if you are just bad.
  40. May 19, 2012
    Very a goood diablo, multiplayer are very great ,if you like diablo, you like diablo3, me its ok to be connected to play.

jadore le jeux, super bon diablo, le multiplayer es super le fun
  41. May 19, 2012
    I'm surprised how so many people hate the game. Yes, it's not Diablo II, but it isn't supposed to be. The game is entertaining and charming in many ways. I'd recommend it to anyone who can simply enjoy something without comparing it to a previous game or rushing through and then saying "nah, it's crap".
  42. Jun 27, 2012
    I, for one, enjoy this game.

If you don't want to use the AH, then don't.
    If you don't want to use the RMAH, then don't.
    If you don't like Random then don't play this game.

I think the game is really well designed, though perhaps a little over designed, but this game has a future, regardless of what others say.
  43. May 19, 2012
    Okay seriously, are you people idiots? None of the issues people list here make this game deserve a zero. ---Connectivity issues?---
    Well no **** you can't connect on launch day, it must be the worst game ever made!
    No. It works just fine. There are no random disconnects and no issues logging in anymore. ---Online DRM?--- Yeh it sucks, but unless you lived under a rock, you KNEW it was gonna be like this. Why do you act so surprised? Also, unlike other games with online-DRM, it actually serves a purpose here. The auction house, group games etc. Your saves are stored online aswell which is handy for when you want to play on more than 1 computer at a time. All I can say is, if you don't like it, deal with it.

---Pay to win auction house breaks the game herp derp---
    Okay, seriously what the **** First you people complain it's a SINGLE PLAYER game which requires online connection, then you complain about some auction house? If you don't like it, don't use it. Who the hell cares? How does it affect you? If you only want to play single player, it doesn't have the slightest inpact on your gameplay. Again no reason to give this game a zero.

---Bad graphics---
    What? First of all, the game has not "been in development for 12 years". They didn't start working on it the second they had finished D2. Second of all, the game looks amazing. It follows the Diablo style. Do you want realistic graphics? Play another game. Realistic is not the goal of this genre. The physics adds whole new level to Hack'n'Slash. ---Herp derp no talent trees and no customization---
    Okay, ill say this even for those in the back to hear. THE DIABLO 2 TALENT SYSTEM WAS BROKEN. In oder to get a powerful character on higher levels you had to skip using skill points until levels 24-30. It was boring as hell. "Missclick? Too bad, no respec, make a new character." The solution was either to add option to redistribute the skill points, which would kill the skill system anyway, or to do what Blizzard did in this game, which is quite brilliant. You don't have to devote your character to 3-4 spells you max out and then do over and over again. You can change what you do anytime you want. Also and I can't stress this enough, the most amazing part is that most skills scale with weapon damage as well as the primary stats. It makes gear way more important for other than physical classes.

---Story---
    Okay, it could've been better, but the cutscenes are amazing and it's not meant to be main reason to play a game like Diablo.

---It's too short! I beat it in 6 hours.---
    Sigh. There are 5 classes and 4 difficulties. When you kill Diablo with 1st character on normal difficulty, the game doesn't end, it BEGINS at that very moment. You got to experience about 1-5% of what the game has to offer in terms of crafting, trading, mutliplayer, items, classes etc. Saying it's too short after 1st normal run-through is idiotic. It's like saying Couter Strike is short after finishing 10 games.

Again, even if you think those things are issue for you, this game deserves by no means a ****ing zero. Get real. How bad does any other game have to be for you to give it worse than 5.
  44. May 19, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I have been waiting for Diablo 3 for six whole years. I am one of Diablo 2's greatest fans, and have literally spent quite possibly a thousand hours playing it. My hopes were high for Diablo 3. I was hoping for it to be like Diablo 2, but quite naturally I wanted some positive change also. It pains me to say this. It really does. But Diablo 3 has disappointed me. The game has been criticized for being 'dumbed-down'. And sadly, I have to agree:

1. Why does my hero yell for my help every time his/her health is low? Why does the entire screen glow red for this purpose? Why does the tooltip on my health globe say 'Lose it all, and you're dead'. Is this primary school for RPG players?

2. The quests are messy. Too often I'll be busy killing off a pack of monsters and the quest updates will complete one after the other without me knowing what I had to do or what I had completed. Simpler is better. Diablo 2 essentially had six quests in each act, and it was up to you to find out where to go. There where no arrows pointing the way on your mini map. No beacons indicating the location of your next quest. 'Enter the cave' is not a mini quest, or a useful guideline. It's Blizzard holding the player's hand, spoon feeding.

3. It seems everyone in the game world keeps a journal, and none can be bothered keeping it safe. I do have the choice to pick up a journal, yes. But even so, I feel the lore in the game is too interfering. I cannot be bothered listening to the ramblings of a random character while I'm in the midst of a monster battle. Diablo 2 managed to have the lore on the side, for those bothered with the intricacies of it. I am not, and in Diablo 3 I sometimes feel it's shoved down my throat.

4. The skill system. Oh, the skill system. What have you gone and done, Blizzard. The skill system ensures that every single Wizard character I will ever create will have the same skills available at the same level with the same options for supposedly 'customizing' them. Choosing between runes for a specific skill is NOT and will NEVER be 'customizing'. The idea of Diablo 2 was to allow the player to choose his or her skill, and how many points he or she wanted to attribute to it. What the hell was wrong with that system? I LIKE the fact that your choices were permanent. I LIKE the fact that you couldn't change it on a whim. Because that made you THINK about it beforehand. If you got it wrong the first time, you were smarter the next time. That was called progression. Diablo 3 does not open itself up to player skill. It seems that the only way I'll be any different to another Wizard is by the gear I have (which I can either craft myself or I can find in the game world - thus dependent on luck), or if that other Wizard had a different colour set of boots to mine. Because I can change my runes and skills to match his. How is that character customization? It's not.

5. I am NOT a fan of the World-of-Warcraft esque graphics. I loved the gothic feel Diablo 2 had. Heck, even the font used in Diablo 2 was weird and fitting. In Diablo 2 it feels like Arial 14 or something. I don't get that excitement any more when a green item drops. It's just...missing. Why do the enemies glow red when I hover my cursor over them? Why? Why? Why? Why is the screen so busy? Why do I have a block of text to draw my attention to past conversations? Why does my character feel the need to tell me when he has slain 6 monsters with one shot that he is 'unstoppable'? And what was the idea behind the in-game cutscenes? They are choppy, uninspiring, boring, unnecessary, and just plain rubbish.

6. DRM. If you haven't by now read about the incredibly frustrating/annoying/angering DRM issues in Diablo 3, let me sum it up: It's absolutely and unforgivably disgusting. Nothing says 'oops' like the moment you cannot play single player because the game servers are full. Nothing infuriates like internet lag in the middle of a boss-fight with the end result you having been slain because your spells weren't being cast. Nothing demoralizes you like the moment you are disconnected from your single player game because the network connection was dropped, and you have as a result lost some progress. For the small band of pirates you are defeating with DRM, Blizzard, you are angering a larger group of loyal, PAYING customers. Shame on you.
    I have many gripes with Diablo 3. I worship its predecessor, Diablo 2. But sadly, Diablo 3 feels much more commercialized, much more casual gamer-friendly, much less addictive, much less taxing on the serious gamer's brain. The disappointment I have with this game is great. Waiting six years for a game and then being let down this badly is soulcrushing.
  45. May 19, 2012
    I am not a fanboy, but i seriously can't understand people, that rate the game ridiculously low cause of zero-hour technical issues. DRM is a present reality, face it, or let it be. And really, Diablo is not the first game having such issues. It only came with such great and yet unrealistic expectations, that people would excoriate it cause of the slightest flaw. It runs well for me and itI am not a fanboy, but i seriously can't understand people, that rate the game ridiculously low cause of zero-hour technical issues. DRM is a present reality, face it, or let it be. And really, Diablo is not the first game having such issues. It only came with such great and yet unrealistic expectations, that people would excoriate it cause of the slightest flaw. It runs well for me and it sure as hell will run on my system for as much hours as D2 did. Why? Cause regarding the pure quality of the game and its content - and that should be all that counts - it is all a diablo fan could ever expect. And maybe even a bit more. Well done Blizzard. Expand
  46. May 19, 2012
    Pros: Graphics look great, each different map really has a sense of place. Game Runs very smooth on modest systems which is nice (Insane, blow-your-mind-graphics are not always the best way to go imo) Story line keeps things moving, even if it is extremely linear. The skills system works very nice, really making you feel like you have choices. The runes add a nice touch really alteringPros: Graphics look great, each different map really has a sense of place. Game Runs very smooth on modest systems which is nice (Insane, blow-your-mind-graphics are not always the best way to go imo) Story line keeps things moving, even if it is extremely linear. The skills system works very nice, really making you feel like you have choices. The runes add a nice touch really altering existing spells to make them seem fresh. Boss fights can be challenging but not to the point of extreme frustration. Each class has a good sense of identity and play style. Stays true to D2 while also improving on ways which make the gameplay smoother, and more casual friendly (to the dismay of many Diablo "purists")

Cons: Constant internet connection is a real downside. Can't really understand why you need it for a single player campaign. Initial launch days full of errors and disconnects which poorly suit a game based on checkpoints and map clearing, often forcing you to start from the last check point. Disconnects you if you are idle too long, so hope you dont get struck with a quick emergency and have to leave your game right before you finish a checkpoint. Lack of character customization really takes away from the feeling that your character is "yours" and not just a cookie cutter to play with (although variability in play styles for each character brings a sense of ownership to your char.)

All in all: This game is another example of why Blizzard is one of the most well respected publishers in the game. They really make sure they put out the best possible product while still staying true to the fans of each of their series. Just wish they had not forced you to have a constant internet connection, really the only reason to give it less then near perfect.

Things that people need to GTFO: Not being able to get a preorder. Basing reviews of a game only on the connection issues and not the game. Graphics which only the people with $5000 machines can play. Issues with the way the game is coded. Options that you wish had been in the game but aren't ( I wish they had flying purple unicorns in the game but they dont so "0/10".) Lack of skill points which are a thing of the past, many games are getting away from them in favor or variability in spells and difficult choices on which spells/skills to use. Basing reviews on how the Beta was. Crying because there are too many "WoW" similarities (Heaven forbid a company has similarities to one of their other games which is one of the most popular games in history.)

This is just another reason why having user reviews is a giant waste of time. Let unbiased game reviews/magazines let you know how good/bad a game was. Not cry baby fan boys. And yes that apparently means my own. *sad face*
  47. May 19, 2012
    Never truly having played the old Diablo games thoroughly like some of my friends, I thought I'd give D3 the chance it deserves. Especially because I got it for free with my Annual Pass from Blizzard.

So far I've completed the game on Normal with two friends in co-op mode and we've been having a blast! People who say the game is too easy should consider that normal is only the start and the game does get harder as you progress.

Also I'm looking forward to the real cash AH, not that I'm thinking it'll make me rich beyond my wildest dreams, but because I do find it intriguing.

As far as gameplay goes, the game is fantastic. The amount of customization to the skillsets of the classes is very well thought out and makes tinkering with it for co-op or single play very interesting.

The graphics are very okay and despite all the whining about "horrible" graphics I think Blizzard has really set a great atmosphere with the painting-like textures and effects. I for one love it. Then again, I don't care for hyper realistic graphics anyway.

Overall the game gets a 9/10 from me, because despite it being very enjoyable and addictive, I still think there's a few minor issues that could've been resolved better. Like the launch and the servers being down all the time.
  48. May 19, 2012
    Diablo 3? They should call it Diablo 2.5. I say this because the entire adventure is a massive improvement of the previous game. And I really don't like the fact that I can't modify my character. But it's fun to play and I really like to kill monsters online with my friends. I had the server error only one time in 4 days, my machine runs it perfectly(and I don't have an high-end pc, I'veDiablo 3? They should call it Diablo 2.5. I say this because the entire adventure is a massive improvement of the previous game. And I really don't like the fact that I can't modify my character. But it's fun to play and I really like to kill monsters online with my friends. I had the server error only one time in 4 days, my machine runs it perfectly(and I don't have an high-end pc, I've bought it two years ago) and I've not even experienced a little bit of lag. Thumbs up for Blizzard. Again. Expand
  49. May 20, 2012
    Apparently Metacritic refuses to format my text correctly, so instead of my long review that I wrote, I'll say this:
    Blizzard hit the nail on the soulstone once again.
  50. May 19, 2012
    Made an account just to review this. The game is amazing, im currently just about to hit level 60 on hell and its just more fun and challenging for every minute that passes. People whine alot about the launch, but they also forget that the technology to handle millions of people connecting to servers at the same time smoothly doesnt exist. Yes they could've implemented a queue system forMade an account just to review this. The game is amazing, im currently just about to hit level 60 on hell and its just more fun and challenging for every minute that passes. People whine alot about the launch, but they also forget that the technology to handle millions of people connecting to servers at the same time smoothly doesnt exist. Yes they could've implemented a queue system for the login-servers, but people would've whined about that to, since the queues would've been hours long. As a diehard fan of the diablo series (dont play other blizzard games) i can say that this is just what i wanted from diablo, the only bad thing i can think of is not being able to distribute stats and rdm. But you forget about that as soon as you start playing. Expand
  51. May 19, 2012
    Having played diablo 1 through diablo 2 and all expansions. I can say that diablo 3 is a true diablo sequel the feel and game play that made diablo great is still there. The graphics are great and the soundtrack is good. This game lives up to the expectations of a true diablo fan and it's a great sequel. The server problems were to be expected with any game that requests a InternetHaving played diablo 1 through diablo 2 and all expansions. I can say that diablo 3 is a true diablo sequel the feel and game play that made diablo great is still there. The graphics are great and the soundtrack is good. This game lives up to the expectations of a true diablo fan and it's a great sequel. The server problems were to be expected with any game that requests a Internet connection to play. Blizzard has good job with fixing most server problems and the game is now enjoyable. Giving this game a bad rating without playing it just cause you can't connect to the server for a small time is not right. Over all diablo 3 is great game that is a true diablo sequel. Expand
  52. May 19, 2012
    Read this entire review, please. You won't understand if you don't.

Read this entire review, please. You won't understand if you don't.

As a longtime player of every non-WoW Blizzard game, as a honorable person, and as what I hope comes across as on honest gamer and game culture enthusiast, I have to say I am ashamed to call myself a player of Diablo III, based solely upon the complete unfairness and laughable immaturity of my fellow 'gamers'. I will admit freely that I have not completed the game. In fact, the meat of the game stretches before me like a long path filled with candy, hookers, and lots and lots of squishy undead and demons. But I can tell that this game... this wonderful epitome of what it means to be a dungeon-crawler with a solid story backing... will be enjoyable in its entirety. I cannot give this game a perfect ten until I get to the point where I have beaten the game. Now, as shown in the other user scores, the community is quite upset about the use of DRM and a server that is not on your PC to run every instance of this game. To explain this, here is an excellent quote from a good friend of mine:

"DRM sucks. Having to be connected to a server to play alone sucks. And thousands of people are complaining about that today... yet most of them don't understand why Blizzard doesn't offer offline play. They say it's to prevent piracy, when it's not.
    Blizzard has to run servers for at least 10 years to support this game, as they know from their past franchises, for the (very popular) multiplayer component. It shouldn't be surprising they looked for a way to get some recurring revenue from the game so that the ongoing costs are covered by the people still playing it. Their solution was the real-money auction house.
    To run a real-money auction house, they have to absolutely eliminate hacking and duping, or rare items won't be rare and there will be no incentive to create a robust market which Blizzard can earn money from. The only sure way to eliminate hacking and duping is to run D3 like an MMO... put everything on a server you don't control. You can hack your client all day long, but since your characters, the world, mob spawns and deaths, experience and loot are all generated and stored on the server, you can't cheat and create items.
    There is no single player game. They never programmed one. To offer one at this point would be as much design and programming effort as creating Diablo 4. So don't expect there to ever be an offline patch for D3. When you play single player, you're just playing a multiplayer server instance that happens to only have one player in it."

Now, my only PC is a crappy laptop (a 'craptop', if you will), and as such I need to play the game on the absolute lowest graphical settings, and even then the game has crashed my PC once already. But you know what? This game still looks amazing when the graphics are just slightly above those of Diablo II. The cutscenes are as good as the stuff James Cameron puts out. The music is so similar to that of the original that I almost cried when I heard it. The story is excellent, on par with any and all of Blizzard's previous offerings. And, really, stop complaining that you're always online. You're a PC gamer in 2012. The internet is our reality. If you don't like it, fine. But at some point we have to realize that there are just some things we need to give up if we are to continue moving forwards as a gaming culture. In conclusion, I know that most people will hate on me for supporting this game. That's fine. That's part of expressing my opinion. But I cannot sit by and watch a stellar game get lambasted by bad reviews because of their attempt to cover their operating costs in a creative way. The could've charged a monthly fee for this game, I hope you all realize that.
  53. May 19, 2012
    I've read the negative reviews here before playing Diablo 3, and after playing through the first act, I have to ask those who give a zero score: Are you serious? Wow. If you honestly think this game has no connection to the previous games or that it pretty damn terrific, you're a victim of hyping your expectations in the stratosphere. No game other than the one in your imaginations couldI've read the negative reviews here before playing Diablo 3, and after playing through the first act, I have to ask those who give a zero score: Are you serious? Wow. If you honestly think this game has no connection to the previous games or that it pretty damn terrific, you're a victim of hyping your expectations in the stratosphere. No game other than the one in your imaginations could have satisfied you.

I agree that the online-single-player component has to go. It stinks. It really stinks. But this iteration of the Diablo series is terrific. Not perfect, but no game is. It's far, far from a zero-through-five rating, though. It has the darkness of the first Diablo, but it also has some mechanics from WoW. I played WoW and it was OK, but I didn't think it was worth the monthly charge. Some of its mechanics are perfectly in place with Diablo. It's not intrusive. If you've played the other Diablo games, it fits right in. It's an evolution of the system.

Which brings me to my next, tangential point: I would guess that most of the zero posters here were still puzzling out there multiplication tables when Diablo 2 came out. I was an adult when it was released and there was much nerd-rage at that time, too. Did you know the original Diablo 2 was 640x480 only... ONLY, when it was released? Imagine the nerd-rage over that fact, alone. It was explosive. There were no runes, and there was no Act 5. All this was changed a year later when LoD came out.

I'm not an apologist for Blizzard. I don't know them; they don't know me. But I do know that they screw up from time to time... and they correct it. Maybe the online-single-player thing will never go away, but maybe it will the next expansion. It's not THAT big of a deal. But the mechanics, the feel, and the length are very well done.

For those who have complained about the game being too short: Maybe. I haven't played through it all, yet. But I can tell those who haven't bought the game that there is a fair amount of exploration to be done and side-dungeons, which will extend play. If you want to blast through the game, you can. It's easy to do, even without any knowledge of what lies ahead -- just follow the road. But what lies off the road is what extends play. Frankly, Diablo 2 got a bit too long in places. I hated slogging through that jungle. Loved the game; hated the jungle act. I'm glad it's a bit more concise, now.

So, for those who are on the fence about Diablo 3, buy it. You won't be disappointed. The feel is more like Diablo 1 than Diablo 2 (in the first act, anyway). I like that. Contrary to some posts here, Diablo 3 is less "cartoon-y" than Diablo 2... and the graphics are waaaay better -- less chunky. The graphics are on par with Titan Quest, for instance. Not at all bad and probably necessarily not cutting-edge because of the amount of moving enemies on the screen. Technology has limitations where fevered fans' imaginations do not. Buy the game, maybe not the Collector's Edition, but it's well worth the money for a good romp in the world of Diablo again.
  54. May 19, 2012
    Seems to be a lot of trolls posting reviews, but I'm going to be honest. The game is exceptional, sure it doesn't provide the graphics of games such as Battlefield 3. But it is a fantastic game, and if your a fan of the previous Diablo games I would find it hard to be dissappointed with this. People will always find something to complain about - " it's too easy " - Try Hell and inferno -Seems to be a lot of trolls posting reviews, but I'm going to be honest. The game is exceptional, sure it doesn't provide the graphics of games such as Battlefield 3. But it is a fantastic game, and if your a fan of the previous Diablo games I would find it hard to be dissappointed with this. People will always find something to complain about - " it's too easy " - Try Hell and inferno - "the graphics are **** " - Blizzard tend to make games that sell to a lot of people, not everyone has a NASA PC. - "it's too dumbed down" - Sure, in terms of stat distribution and skill choices it is, however in some ways it is almost better like this, it inspires expermentation, and if not that, then decide what YOU think is the best build for you instead of googling it.

Although this is my personal opinion, the game seems to be getting a LOT of hate, with little justification. I hope you guys enjoy it!
  55. May 25, 2012
    How many of you want me to review this: "Complain"..."Complain"...."I am ENTITLED"..."Complain"...."a decade"...."Complain"...."Unrealistically low score"...."Blizzard lazy and fat...."Complain". *////* How I AM going to review it: Play the game for yourself to see if it's any good. Don't even take my word for it. At least give yourself the chance to pick a side. Just askHow many of you want me to review this: "Complain"..."Complain"...."I am ENTITLED"..."Complain"...."a decade"...."Complain"...."Unrealistically low score"...."Blizzard lazy and fat...."Complain". *////* How I AM going to review it: Play the game for yourself to see if it's any good. Don't even take my word for it. At least give yourself the chance to pick a side. Just ask yourself this, who isn't exaggerating when they review this? The haters? Or the supporters? There is no way, even with all the complaints some of these people have that it's a 0, 1, or a 2. That's just simply unrealistic. I scored it out to an 8.4 But I'm gonna give it a 9, just so I can get more dislikes on this post. Haters gonna hate. Expand
  56. May 19, 2012
    Ignore the problems with the server and the fact that some people want an off line mode, this is your normal diablo game, Hack and slash and get all the amazing loot. Yeah the story seems like it needs more but thats always been diablo always give me more. If you never played a diablo game before and try to compair it to other games like elder scrolls you will be disappointed. I love theIgnore the problems with the server and the fact that some people want an off line mode, this is your normal diablo game, Hack and slash and get all the amazing loot. Yeah the story seems like it needs more but thats always been diablo always give me more. If you never played a diablo game before and try to compair it to other games like elder scrolls you will be disappointed. I love the game and cant stop playing it, its all about the items. Anyone who puts a bad review just because they could play on launch night is just being dumb, what did you expected when million yes million of people all try to log in at once. Yes i had a problem the first night but its been fine now I would encourage you to buy this game and give it a shot, even if you are on the fence play D2 and the exp same idea as D3. Expand
  57. May 19, 2012
    I find it hilarious that the only people giving Diablo 3 a low score are the ones who can't log in and play due to the incredible number of players over loading the servers...

Cry some more, I hear that will get rid of your error 37.
  58. May 20, 2012
    I'll start with the negatives. The community. The user reaction to Diablo 3's release is the reason it's still negative to say you're a gamer. Diablo 3 has been designed to be a cloud-based game from the start, and yet people are whining like pathetic children as if they only just learned about it today. For people who hate always online systems, they sure seem to love putting money intoI'll start with the negatives. The community. The user reaction to Diablo 3's release is the reason it's still negative to say you're a gamer. Diablo 3 has been designed to be a cloud-based game from the start, and yet people are whining like pathetic children as if they only just learned about it today. For people who hate always online systems, they sure seem to love putting money into them.

Not only that but many are complaining that the game is "unplayable." I'm sorry, was Blizzard unable to let you play for a small handful of hours out of the years of time to play it following launch? That must be awful!

Enough of that though. On to the good. Diablo 3 presents a remarkably satisfying art style. It's clean, ambient, and provides just the right amount of gore for a good hack and slash experience. Despite being slightly cartoonish it still provides a dark feeling in many areas.

The combat is superb. Blizzard has perfected it from the previous games, streamlining it. You simply form your preferred build and go at it. There's no worries investing points into an ability you'll never use, or putting points into abilities just to find out what they're like only to learn you're stuck with them. There's also a nice balance between damage, utility and defence. The new resource sytems also help separate D3 from other dungeon crawlers.

The story was rather underwhelming to be honest. It felt very anti-climactic in several scenes that should have been very dramatic. Still, it wasn't bad. Just not amazing. However the music and cinematics were absolutely fantastic. Blizzard once again lives up to being the best developer ever in terms of cinematics.

Overall I'd give it 9/10, but I'll make it 10 to counterract the idiots giving it 0.
  59. May 20, 2012
    2051 negative rating so far and I beleieve they're wrong or they just didn't like the need for being online in this game. I understand Blizzards attempt at fighting piracy and totally agree with them to make the game online based only. The majority of players in the US playing pretty much all have internet anyway. I was hesitant at first to buy this game due to playing the beta and that2051 negative rating so far and I beleieve they're wrong or they just didn't like the need for being online in this game. I understand Blizzards attempt at fighting piracy and totally agree with them to make the game online based only. The majority of players in the US playing pretty much all have internet anyway. I was hesitant at first to buy this game due to playing the beta and that was crappy. I thought..."This doesn't at all feel like Diablo." My love for the game though won out and I preordered it online so I was ready on day 1. I agree with the others that day one was horrible. But come on...you've got a whole life time to play the game...what is one day compared to the enjoyment of playing a Diablo game. I LOVE THIS GAME. There...I went ahead and said it. For those of you who are reading reviews and not buying the game because of all the negativity...buy the game and then make your complaints. This is definitely a Diablo game. I felt like Diablo 2 when I was playing the first act. The level of detail of the background is just gorgeous and awesome at the same time. The music is pretty outstanding. For those of you complaing about the characters being cartoony...have you seen all the other hack and slash games of this generation?! They are nothing compared to what Blizzard has done with Diablo 3. The characters are not cartoony. If the developers of Diablo 2 had the same resources that we had today...I'm pretty sure they would look like Diablo 3. If you want cartoony characters...go to Torchlight 2. After all...a lot of them are developers of Diablo 2. Gameplay was exciting...and intense...especially hardcore. OH MY GOODNESS...don't get me started on hardcore...best feature of the game if you want intensity. EVERYONE...buy this game...seriously...buy it. Expand
  60. May 19, 2012
    So many people say "pay to win" yet the real money auction house isn't even in the game yet...I mean that is someones sad attempt at coming up with a reason to hate a popular new game.
  61. May 20, 2012
    Why are people still reviewing this game based on a problem that happened on launch and half a day after? The game has been working just fine for days now. If you are having DC issues it is your comp. The servers have been up and the errors are gone. So everyone claiming the game has connection issues is not telling the truth as of this moment. Big deal you couldn't play a game for a day.Why are people still reviewing this game based on a problem that happened on launch and half a day after? The game has been working just fine for days now. If you are having DC issues it is your comp. The servers have been up and the errors are gone. So everyone claiming the game has connection issues is not telling the truth as of this moment. Big deal you couldn't play a game for a day. First world problems. Anywho, Im really enjoying this game. I never played the second Diablo but I did play the first. It's streamlined to perfection and it's just flawless. Bug free and addictive gameplay. Not to mention the amazing CGI Blizzard is known for. Expand
  62. May 20, 2012
    Another polished, near perfect game from Blizzard. This is the ARPG genre at its finest. Character customization is more like a sandbox and allows you to experiment freely, the areas are huge, art style is gorgeous, and the music is just amazing. I wish they sold the soundtrack. Really, really fun game. I had login issues the first night but it was to be expected. They had over 2 millionAnother polished, near perfect game from Blizzard. This is the ARPG genre at its finest. Character customization is more like a sandbox and allows you to experiment freely, the areas are huge, art style is gorgeous, and the music is just amazing. I wish they sold the soundtrack. Really, really fun game. I had login issues the first night but it was to be expected. They had over 2 million preorders. After the first night everything was perfect. Expand
  63. May 20, 2012
    Yesterday i bought the game, installed it and played it without any problems.
    Don't have any problems with being online as my pc is always online.
    I like the game. Not the best, but just a good game.
    I'd give it an 7.5, but gets a 10 because of all the pathetic 0 it gets from people who couldn't play it the first day.
    Just pathetic, as if may 15 was the only day you could play a game.
  64. May 20, 2012
    Overall I really like this game and in many ways it has improved over the previous installment. The combat is awesome, the skills integrate nicely into it, and the environments are really interesting, varied and are visually impressive. There is also a huge amount of replayability with the different class variations and also through difficulty levels and new loot/items that continue toOverall I really like this game and in many ways it has improved over the previous installment. The combat is awesome, the skills integrate nicely into it, and the environments are really interesting, varied and are visually impressive. There is also a huge amount of replayability with the different class variations and also through difficulty levels and new loot/items that continue to scale with your level no matter which difficulty you are playing. The downsides for me are the animation style which, instead of having the gritty look of previous Diablo games, looks more like something out of Warcraft - I assume this was intentional in order to entice WoW players - and the character models are quite poor; the voice-over is also quite cheesy and so again not in keeping with the tone of the previous games - a tone which I wish that they had maintained. However, these are generally fairly small complaints and overall I've had a huge amount of fun. As a result I'm really looking forward to playing again with a new class.

All that aside, I think the server issues have been totally unacceptable, and are the reason I give this game an 8 and not a 9. I would have been willing to accept the requirement of a constant server connection during gameplay, so long as it did not interfere with the game itself or your ability to play it. However, this has obviously not been the reality: the debacle that was the game's launch does not need any explanation, and even several days following its release I still experience laggy gameplay - something that should absolutely NOT happen during a single-player gaming experience. And as I am writing this, the Blizzard servers are currently down due to an "issue with the Battle.net service". The fact that this now prevents me from playing the game (on single-player) altogether is totally unacceptable and Blizzard should be compensating people in some way for releasing a product that clearly does not work properly or function as advertised.
  65. May 20, 2012
    This is simply the best arpg ever, nothing more nothing less...

I do not get all the haters out there.. if you dont like it you probably didnt buy it so dont rate.. because you did not play it!?

The game is more fun the more you play, unlike in other arpgs you never want to create a new character until your current one gets perfect. It really gets addictive.
  66. May 20, 2012
    Good story, nice multiplayer platform, definitely not easy after you finished normal. Cinematics were awesome, classes are distinct. 10/10
    It has been a long wait, and hell good thing this is worth it.
  67. May 20, 2012
    It's normal to have a few probleme at the release... 'cause This game is AWESOME and i'm sure we're legion and million to play... I'm a fan of the oldschoold Diablo 1 and 2 and i really appreciate Diablo 3.
  68. May 20, 2012
    Totally disagree with most user reviews. Diablo III is GOTY and much better than Diablo 2. Only I expect that the PVP arenas and the auction houses be ready soon.
  69. May 20, 2012
    Please ignore the massive amounts of negative reviews because 95% of them are due to player ignorance.

Low raitng for Online-DRM/no single? - The reason is to prevent offline hacking which was a huge problem in Diablo 2, having it server based prevents that. Honestly this game is much better as a cooperative game. Also if you don't have an internet connection then you are living in the stone ages.

Low rating for bad graphics? - You can't compare Battlefield 3 graphics with this game, and that being said can you really ask people to buy 1500 dollar computer to run it?

Low rating for being too easy? - You can't bash on the game being too easy if you're playing the easiest difficulty. Try playing hardcore mode(Death is permanent) and finish the fourth difficulty and let's see what you say about 'easy'

Low rating for no skill tree/lack of customization? - Ignorant to the 'elective mode' option. Which allows you full customization of your skills which you can change ANYTIME on the fly. This also allows you to try a wacky character build without having to create and level a character from scratch to find out it's not very good.

I hope this clears up the 'ignorance' that plagues the negative scores.
  70. May 20, 2012
    Blizzard serves up another winner with this fantastic online experience. Yes online, as the product was never once advertised as an offline single player experience. Confused or uninformed reviewers seem to over look this fact. May be it's nostalgia or misguided expectations, but don't let these reviewers make you over look what is most likely this years best PC game. Yes, the servers wereBlizzard serves up another winner with this fantastic online experience. Yes online, as the product was never once advertised as an offline single player experience. Confused or uninformed reviewers seem to over look this fact. May be it's nostalgia or misguided expectations, but don't let these reviewers make you over look what is most likely this years best PC game. Yes, the servers were a little unstable for the first few hours, but now the servers are fine and the game is very playable and extremely fun. Diablo III is a perfect balance of simplicity and complication. Its easy enough for a casual player to get on and really enjoy the game while also customizable enough for skilled players to min/max and experiment for the best results with interesting choices. With the new inferno difficulty level those skilled players will be put to the test like never before. The atmosphere and story of the game is well done and Blizzard has done a very good job supplementing the game with many pieces of information and dialogues that get new players up to speed in this epic trilogy's tale. Once again, don't believe most these bad reviewers as more than likely many of them are playing right now and are for some silly reason allowing their uniformed minor disappointment to discourage other people from playing this gem of a game. Expand
  71. May 20, 2012
    Best ARPG in last 10 years, it deserves 9/10, but i'm giving it 10/10, because of all this cry babies that are trashing score, only because of server overload in the first 2 days...
  72. May 20, 2012
    Orrible drm ruined this game... WAY TO GO BLIZZARD
  73. May 20, 2012
    The game starts getting awesome in nightmare, and in hell it's just amazing. Normal is pretty much faceroll. I wonder how many of the people who gave reviews here actually finished hell. I also wonder why people gave the game such horrible reviews, and I think I know why. Because they expected D3 to be a revolutionary game, like D1 and D2 were. It's not, but it's still a good game.

There

There are some problems with it, but most of them aren't actually related to the gameplay. Logging in during the first 24 hours of release took at least 10 minutes (first login took me 1 hour) and the AH didn't work a few times. I'm not really bothered by the game being online only, because I want to use the AH (no, not the RMAH). And why are people bothered by pay to win? If you don't want to do it - don't do it. Why are you so bothered by this ? It ensures the game will stay constantly updated.

The sounds and voice acting are awesome, and the discussions between the character and follower / other characters in the game are sometimes very funny.

About the graphics - I find them quite good for this type of game. They definitely could have been better, but I have no complaints here.
    About the graphic style - I've noticed people saying it's doesn't have the style of previous Diablo games. Well, I beg to differ. The gore-ish style of previous diablo's is actually enhanced, but not necessarily by the graphics style alone, but by the atmosphere in general.

If someone looks at the end area of act 3, with the pool of blood, and 2 chained demons screaming, accompanied by the comments of the spider demon, and tell me with a straight face that it's not gore-ish enough, I wouldn't know what to reply. And there are more similarly gore-ish zones.

The skills are quite nice, there is no skill tree, but people don't understand that the challenge in D3 is picking 6 skills + one of their runes (and each rune has a use in certain situations) out of ~30 skills, each with 5 runes. Playing with a barbarian I really wanted to have both the damage and life buff, but I couldn't afford to sacrifice any other skill, so I went with the life buff.
  74. May 20, 2012
    A thoroughly good game. Il quickly address the main issues that people seem to be getting annoyed at. Firstly; Connection issues. Its been a little more than a decade since the last Diablo game. How on earth can anyone expect the servers to remain stable with the disgusting amount of people logging on to play. These issues will resolve themselves (And don't give me that nonsense aboutA thoroughly good game. Il quickly address the main issues that people seem to be getting annoyed at. Firstly; Connection issues. Its been a little more than a decade since the last Diablo game. How on earth can anyone expect the servers to remain stable with the disgusting amount of people logging on to play. These issues will resolve themselves (And don't give me that nonsense about expecting a game to work immediately). Secondly, character customization. What the hell were you expecting to look at from a top down game!? Who cares about customization when you CAN'T see what you've potentially customized. I would go on to talk about some other issues but its pretty much just children who are butthurt from not getting to play within an hour of getting Diablo 3 and other tiny issues that didn't appease their niche wants and needs.

Now, to review the game.

Graphics: I wasn't expecting everything to be made of Diamonds and for my eyes to get a massage by beautiful Asian masseuses so I was not disappointed on any fronts. In fact. The Graphics are pretty damn hot. No complaints

Story: What do you expect from a fantasy dungeon-crawling loot game. Fun and compelling story with some kick arse cut-scenes (A particular favorite is at the beginning of Act 2 where to Angels "discuss" their differences)

Gameplay: I was never attracted to this style of game, thus I never played Diablo 1 or 2. I got this game because of the hype and this being the first top down RPG I've played, it certainly has not disappointed me and is a great incentive to try other top down RPGs. The combat is dynamic and smooth with some very nice effects from spells. Lots of spells and abilities that can be utilized by the different classes, ranging from hacking demons to bits with axes to blasting them back to oblivion in particle form using huge orange beams of death from the Wizard. Lots of other abilities to explore from the other classes. I hear Demon Hunters can use duel wielding, rapid fire crossbows (Not sure how that works but oh well) to rain death down upon your foes. I've yet to try about the voodoo abilities available as well as the super-fast Monk class.

Sounds: Not much to talk about here. As always, Blizzard does not hold back. lovely original orchestral soundtrack. Really adds to the atmosphere during cut-scenes.

Lasting appeal: I haven't finished the campaign yet but Im expecting to play through it 4 more times with the different classes. Great replay value as far as I can tell and is a game that will stick with you for a long time.

Closing Comments (Stealing from IGN):

A very well built game with no major design flaws or game-killing bugs. Some lovely graphics and gameplay coupled with an intense story and characters leads to a game that has thoroughly destroyed any chance of me passing my A levels
  75. May 20, 2012
    All those negative reviews are all about "no sp, can't login." They only had probelms with the login server on the release date. The game is really beautiful, the cutscenes are awesome (Blizzard has always done awesome cutscenes). IMO The graphics are fine and the gameplay has been improved. There is nothing else to say but "BUY IT".
  76. May 20, 2012
    I have played the game but get booted too many times after about 15-20 minutes,telling: error 3007.
    I don't know why but because you can't save yourself you have to start all over agian from the stage the game has saved.
    Its really annoying.
    After no problems with diablo 2 i regret i bought this game.
  77. Jun 28, 2012
    I think Diablo is the game of the year

Not only because it has amazing graphics but for its history, for being so long, its difficulty

That itself is a Diablo and the people who complain because they do not play enough at Diablo 2
  78. May 20, 2012
    This kind of pathetic fanboyness makes me absolutely sick to my stomach. All these 0's and 1's, just because a game isn't enough like its prequel. The only time a game should EVER receive a 0 is if you couldn't even play 5 minutes of it. All these 1's and 0's already admit they played all the way though or for hours on end, and will most likely continue playing. You idiots need to realizeThis kind of pathetic fanboyness makes me absolutely sick to my stomach. All these 0's and 1's, just because a game isn't enough like its prequel. The only time a game should EVER receive a 0 is if you couldn't even play 5 minutes of it. All these 1's and 0's already admit they played all the way though or for hours on end, and will most likely continue playing. You idiots need to realize when you rage on a website like this, you completely ruin the entire concept. Have you really not noticed that pretty much EVERY sequel on meta gets a 50-30 user score, but every new game, even if its **** gets a 80+? Not to even mention the ridiculous unbalance between user and critic score. This fan boy retardation of the gaming community needs to stop. This is the equivalent of banging a supermodel and only after having sex for hours saying " meh, you were better the first time. 0 out of 10" Now to my actual review.
    * Story: F%#king amazing. I was blown away with how epic and heroic they make you feel, unlike diablo 2 where it seemed like you were just kinda involved in the conflict. The cut scenes are the most beautiful 3d rendering i have ever seen, better than final fantasy. *Graphics: FPS fanboys along with others will be disappointed by the lack of reflection and lens flare burning images into their cornea, but the graphics are GOOD do not be fooled by RAGERS. All of the landscape in this game is absolutely breathtaking, and guess what? its RANDOMLY GENERATED. Every other game i have ever played with randomly generated terrain, to be honest, was ugly. The epic views you get while up on a cliff or on a castle battlement were so breathtaking I had to stop slaying demons just to stare. The spell effects are super sexy, along with the physics engine that sends demons flying in your wake.

*Game play: Instead of a big skill tree with good skills scattered in between **** ones that you have to get first, diablo 3 opens itself to complete customization. You have 6 spells and 3 passives at any given time, but the amount of total spells and passives is around 50+. And on top of that, you can augment your skills to make them behave completely different, raising the number of skills to around 200 per class. And the best part? You are not stuck with ANYTHING. Remember how in diablo 2 if you but 1 point into int on a barb, that character was considered ruined? None of that here. Respec WHENEVER you want at NO cost, means that instead of living and getting just an ice mage, you get an ice fire and arcane mage. its a brilliant setup.

The only reason that this game looses 1 point in my mind is because you can pay 2 win, but the fact that your paying another player instead of some black market item seller lessens this blow.
  79. May 20, 2012
    Great customizability, great looks, great gameplay. Also the multiplayer aspect is easy and its loads of fun to play together with little more than a press of a button. I have enjoyed this game immensely. I also really like the cutscenes, I don't get why loads of peeps seem to be hating on them.
  80. May 20, 2012
    Comment manifester son mécontentement face aux problèmes de connexion incessants ?

Depuis le début impossible de jouer dans de bonnes conditions : c'est tout bonnement inadmissible pour un jeu SOLO. Qu'on soit obligé de se connecter pour un jeu en ligne c'est tout à fait normal. Qu'on se retrouve avec une galette dans son lecteur CD qui n'ait aucune utilité c'est tout de suite plus dommage.

Voilà les raisons de mon 0 pointé. Ne pas pouvoir jouer à un jeu payé au prix fort ne mérite aucune autre note.
  81. May 20, 2012
    Amazing game! If the servers won't crash, everybody will be happy. Let's do no critic the servers. The game is important, not the problems with servers. Diablo 3 is the most beautiful rpg game that was creating since the pc was born.
  82. May 20, 2012
    Hatch of the year! You must have an internet connection to play single player! When starting, still need to enter a password, and when you lose connection with server it crashes and you have to pass boards from the beginning. At the moment from 4 hours is technical breakl - you can not play the game!
  83. May 20, 2012
    Initial launch problems and always- online drm aside, I can safely say that this game will consume the next few months (years?) of my life! 4 difficulties and 5 characters- there's not many games that I would consider playing through 20 times over. At first I thought the way they've changed the skill system was a bit odd, but it does make sense, still tonnes of options and it encouragesInitial launch problems and always- online drm aside, I can safely say that this game will consume the next few months (years?) of my life! 4 difficulties and 5 characters- there's not many games that I would consider playing through 20 times over. At first I thought the way they've changed the skill system was a bit odd, but it does make sense, still tonnes of options and it encourages experimentation over forethought- in d2 you would have to level a new alt to try out a different build, which you might end up finding its a fail, or just not fun to play. I've seen people complaining that the game is too short after killing Diablo on normal, but this is missing the whole point of the game- the constant character improvement and gearing that continues into nightmare mode and beyond. Liked the storyline, it's nothing mind blowing and it is very predictable, but it does the job. Visuals are brilliant- they may not be the highest quality compared to other AAA games, but the art direction is superb and it fits the game just fine. Character models seem a little bland close up, but it's not a major concern to me tbh.

All in all, Diablo 3 is superb- true the fact you are reliant on the battle.net servers even in single player is a major pain in the butt, but to be honest the only day I had any problems was on launch, and I've only had 1 disconnect since then. Well worth the £28 I paid for it.
  84. May 20, 2012
    All of you are serious! saying that this game have bad graphics!? If you do, then a lot of you doesn't know anything about good looking game. I confirm that game has a cartoonish look, but for me it looks great, i maxed out video settings and graphic is simple pleasant ( i am playing games 14 years, played D1 and D2) Compared to Diablo 2, Diablo 3 have outstanding graphic and sound. DontAll of you are serious! saying that this game have bad graphics!? If you do, then a lot of you doesn't know anything about good looking game. I confirm that game has a cartoonish look, but for me it looks great, i maxed out video settings and graphic is simple pleasant ( i am playing games 14 years, played D1 and D2) Compared to Diablo 2, Diablo 3 have outstanding graphic and sound. Dont expect with 10 years old computers to run this game (graphics built in sprites is behind us and D3 have to evolve so your computers with it) and rate it low only because you are not able to play on old computers. I am enjoying playing this game and already finished it, but started over with another class and i dont feel boring playing again the same. I am giving the 8 from 10 because you have to be online all the time if you want to play and -1 for short story (finished for 12 hourses on normal) Expand
  85. May 20, 2012
    Who judges a game based on their connection? Never had problems with server or lag. Online single player/multiplayer, all good. DRM? There's no big online title without DRM, it's the future people. Deal with it. Could use a lobby though.
  86. May 20, 2012
    I'm writing this review after playing through nightmare and normal difficulty. Each landscape has an beautiful and unique design, wide range of creatures, great lore, exciting events and quests. It's not a photo-realistic textured/shaded game but the designs are very clear, beautifully painted and stylized such as any blizzard game. The story is enjoyable and is supported by cutscenes andI'm writing this review after playing through nightmare and normal difficulty. Each landscape has an beautiful and unique design, wide range of creatures, great lore, exciting events and quests. It's not a photo-realistic textured/shaded game but the designs are very clear, beautifully painted and stylized such as any blizzard game. The story is enjoyable and is supported by cutscenes and amazing cinematics, events and all sorts of stuff. The audio is good and voiceovers are very extremely well narrated.

Combat is silky smooth (just like any Blizzard game), clear and has a nice variety of reaction time and tactics and hack&slash. Skill variation may seemed a bit dull at start but provides a great sense of depth later on. You'll be thinking about what skill/rune/passive to use on a certain bossfight and in combination with party members and followers. This doesn't really count for normal and the start of nightmare mode, since those are easy.

Server issues were horrible in the EU and US during the the games first week, however everything seems to be okay for the moment.

Honest.
  87. May 20, 2012
    Entitlement issues strike again. D3 is a really great game and as a non-fan of ARPG's I actually love this game. Decided to buy it to see what all the hype was about and wow is it fun. Fast, frantic, with a good story and lots of lore all over. It's a game that everyone should try and doesn't even take much to run. This whole fuss with bombarding another game with 0's is due to the factEntitlement issues strike again. D3 is a really great game and as a non-fan of ARPG's I actually love this game. Decided to buy it to see what all the hype was about and wow is it fun. Fast, frantic, with a good story and lots of lore all over. It's a game that everyone should try and doesn't even take much to run. This whole fuss with bombarding another game with 0's is due to the fact that it requires you to be online to play. I've heard stories of the old Diablo games being infested with hackers and if this prevents that I'm okay with it. The game has been up and running just fine. Also, maybe if people didn't pirate games at the ridiculous amount that they do something like this wouldn't happen. Expand
  88. May 20, 2012
    This is my first Diablo game ever, and I really, really like it. Its not the most beautifull game, though it looks pretty artistic, the gameplay is FANTASTIC i truly love it. A litlte shame i cant play right now bcause the servers are down.
  89. May 20, 2012
    Si bien en el comienzo existieron muchos problemas para conectarse, hoy en día se encuentra muy estable y no se me ha presentado ningún tipo de problema al a hora de jugar. Dejando de lado esta parte, el juego es muy bueno, te dan ganas de explorar cada uno de los rincones, como también de probar otras clases las cuales son muy diferentes entre si, laSi bien en el comienzo existieron muchos problemas para conectarse, hoy en día se encuentra muy estable y no se me ha presentado ningún tipo de problema al a hora de jugar. Dejando de lado esta parte, el juego es muy bueno, te dan ganas de explorar cada uno de los rincones, como también de probar otras clases las cuales son muy diferentes entre si, la casa de subasta me parece un punto muy acertado. Lo único que no me gusta es que sea siempre Online, pero la culpa la tienen los mismos usuarios, que muchas veces prefieren piratear, por eso mismo es que se ha perdido el modo LAN que venia en todos los juegos de blizzard y ahora hasta estamos perdiendo el modo offline.
    Por ultimo no se merece la notas que están dando los usuarios, le coloco un 10 solo por que encuentro que han sido injustas, en verdad a este juego le doy un 9.
  90. May 20, 2012
    ERROR 37 is gone. It has been gone for days now. All these people saying otherwise are not telling the truth. Metacritic needs to give a week or so before user reviews are allowed in. The amount of trolling that occurs on this site is sad and pathetic. The game is getting rave reviews and people are talking about how great it is for a reason. It's fun and very addictive. The only onesERROR 37 is gone. It has been gone for days now. All these people saying otherwise are not telling the truth. Metacritic needs to give a week or so before user reviews are allowed in. The amount of trolling that occurs on this site is sad and pathetic. The game is getting rave reviews and people are talking about how great it is for a reason. It's fun and very addictive. The only ones spamming this game with 0's or 1's and 2's are the **** trolls. Right because this game is worse than Duke Nukem Forever or Game of Thrones right? Rolls eyes Expand
  91. May 20, 2012
    Ill admit when I first started playing I wasnt that impressed. But when I got to act 2 something happend that doesnt happen very often to me. I started telling myself I need to turn this game off because I have some things I need to do. But I was having a hard time doing it. Thats when you know your playing something special. Yes, the online part is not what I wanted either,but I haventIll admit when I first started playing I wasnt that impressed. But when I got to act 2 something happend that doesnt happen very often to me. I started telling myself I need to turn this game off because I have some things I need to do. But I was having a hard time doing it. Thats when you know your playing something special. Yes, the online part is not what I wanted either,but I havent had any problems once launch calmed down a bit. The environments are varied and makes want to explore and of coarse the loot is endless addiction. Ill be playing this off and on for a long time. The only gripe I really have is I wish you could start the game on a harder difficulty since normal feels a little on the easy side. Wont stop me from playing it though! Expand
  92. May 20, 2012
    Please don't listen to all the haters and people that can't understand that the DRM is there for 2 VERY VALID REASONS, the first to combat the horrible piracy that plagues PC gaming, the second to stop all the PITA dupers/cheaters/haxorz that plagued D2. Personally, I have no problem w/ it, Blizzard has every right to ensure they get paid for the product they created, and I would MUCHPlease don't listen to all the haters and people that can't understand that the DRM is there for 2 VERY VALID REASONS, the first to combat the horrible piracy that plagues PC gaming, the second to stop all the PITA dupers/cheaters/haxorz that plagued D2. Personally, I have no problem w/ it, Blizzard has every right to ensure they get paid for the product they created, and I would MUCH rather have this system than deal w/ all the cheaters that were in D2. As far as the game itself, I'm really enjoying it. They took the things that made Diablo 2 the great game that it was, removed all the erroneous bits that wasted peoples time and caused serious aggravation, and the resulting product is a game that is VERY fun to play that I look forward to playing for many, many hours. The graphics, while not breath-taking, are decent enough while still ensuring people w/ older and lower-end PC's can still play it. The gameplay is virtually the same that we all loved in D2, the ONLY difference is they took out the parts that weren't needed, and that I agree with (although a lot of people don't seem to). What they did, and what a lot of people aren't happy about, is they removed the stat allocation, which lets be honest, was pointless anyway b/c everyone knew what the best stats were, and ONLY put them there. The new stat system gives you the most points where your class needs them, and a few in the rest, it works well. The same w/ the talent-trees, they weren't really necessary b/c every class only had two viable builds anyway, which meant only a handful of available talents got used. The talent-trees were replaced w/ a Rune system, where each class has a bunch of skills to choose from, and then each skill has "runes" which are used to customize, and change how the skill works, and what it does. It's really not as "dumbed down" as people say, and honestly the only people that say that seem to be ones that haven't played the game, or played it without really giving it a chance.

TLDR/To sum it all up, the game is A LOT of FUN. If you even remotely enjoyed Diablo 2, Titan Quest, Torchlight, or any of the other ARPG's, do yourself a big favor and don't buy into all the hate out there and try the game out for yourself.
  93. May 20, 2012
    Blizzard delivers, as always. A thoroughly addictive game that is all I expected it to be. More combinations of skills than the last game, individualisation by hard to get items and challenges in the bossfights.
    To all the DRM haters out there, think about this the next time you download a movie or game.
  94. May 20, 2012
    This game is definitely what I had expected a Diablo sequel should be. I love the character abilities (playing mostly monk atm) and I love just how the overall game plays. I for one am happy for the removal of stamina, skill trees, and shared loot. It has made the game a much more enjoyable experience with out the grief or hassle of those systems.

The only reason why I rate this a 9 out

The only reason why I rate this a 9 out of 10 is because I encountered a couple server hiccups that caused me to not play for a few hours. Although this will become less and less in the future, it is the only thing hindering this near perfect launch.
  95. May 20, 2012
    Absolutely AMAZING . Pay no attention to the low user score created by people butthurt that they had to wait for an hour on launch day to log in. Everything I expected it to be and more.
  96. May 20, 2012
    Excellent game !
    Done right, no bugs.
    Quite adictive and fast, could be a bit longer tho.
    Even tho every one complains that you have to be online, I really don't care.
  97. May 20, 2012
    Diablo III is probably my second favorite all time game. As soon as I picked it up at Gamestop the day of release I've been hooked. I don't care what people say the game has a lot of great features and choices. After an hour into the game I noticed how easy it was for new players to get used to Diabl III's easy playability. The one and only problem I had with it was the occasionalDiablo III is probably my second favorite all time game. As soon as I picked it up at Gamestop the day of release I've been hooked. I don't care what people say the game has a lot of great features and choices. After an hour into the game I noticed how easy it was for new players to get used to Diabl III's easy playability. The one and only problem I had with it was the occasional glitching (normal). No matter how much people hate it I will always be by Diablo's side. Expand
  98. May 20, 2012
    Yes you have to deal with Blizzard's garbage policies. Yes it's worth it. I don't know where all the naysayers were months/years ago while the game was in development, because 90% of the complaints people seem to have about the game have been known about for a looong time. No Diablo 3 isn't perfect, but it is a worthy successor in the series.
  99. May 20, 2012
    The best ARPG on the market, hands down. It has all of the trademark compulsive perfectionist production we have come to expect from blizzard releases. The game is under an unfortunate smear campaign because of people upset with the bumpy launch, which is a given with large scale online releases. I blame this mostly on people who started playing WoW after launch, and are not familiarThe best ARPG on the market, hands down. It has all of the trademark compulsive perfectionist production we have come to expect from blizzard releases. The game is under an unfortunate smear campaign because of people upset with the bumpy launch, which is a given with large scale online releases. I blame this mostly on people who started playing WoW after launch, and are not familiar with launches of this magnitude. Negative user reviews should be taken with a grain of salt, as you can see, the official reviews are 100% positive. Expand
  100. May 20, 2012
    Wow lot's of Blizzard haters. Always stick with the critic reviews. As of this posting 20 of them all positive. User reviews are a joke for this game. It's a piss party.

1. Aug 31, 2012