3.9

1. May 15, 2012
    Unfortunately a disaster. Repetitive and nothing that we haven't seen in other hack and slash games. Good visuals but nothing more. Insípid story/background and too little classes. I think that this is a good moment to Blizzard rethink their future plans about Diablo.
  2. May 15, 2012
    Diablo 3 is so boring you would have more fun at a bingo hall. Also the connection problems at launch are awful and show how incompetent Blizzard is. The graphics in game are also not close to what a Diablo game should look like.
  3. May 15, 2012
    Purchased, unable to log in even once in 12 hours. This would be counted as fraud in any other industry but for some reason on this game I intend to play single player it's 'to be expected', just terrible.
  4. May 15, 2012
    This game is a horribly streamlined version of Diablo 2 with even less content, graphics comparable to a 2004 release, a cash shop which will cause the highest bidders to be the most powerful easy, $60 price tag despite being on PC and a ton of other things which make this just a horrible cash in on a classic title, just stick to Diablo 1-2 or any of the other clones out on the market.
  5. May 15, 2012
    +Decent graphics. -Always online DRM, -Lack of skill diversity, -Connection errors, -Play to win, -Short story. This game is a step back from Diablo 2, so I recommend avoiding it.
  6. May 15, 2012
    It could have been great after so many years, but Blizzard just wants to fleece us: destroying single player and LAN play, and forcing everybody to play online so we spend money in their Auction House just destroys the game, however good it can be.

Shame on you, Blizzard.
  7. May 15, 2012
    Regardless of the outdated graphic and gameplay. The worst is 11 hours past , still cant play. Blizzard, you make this game for nine years, nine years! And here comes an unplayable online game? Shame on you!
  8. May 15, 2012
    I'm a fan of Diablo 2 and many of the Diablo 2 clones largely because they're all similar while Diablo 3 have added a bunch of features to try stand out and by doing so have turned it into an ugly, casual baby game. The franchise once known for witchcraft, demons and gore isn't even rated an 18+ anymore! Blizzard are well aware their fans from World of Warcraft will buy any cash in they throw at them but this time have made the game exceptionally easy to keep them playing to milk them for more money with the ridiculous ingame cash shop. The cash shop being the biggest reason this game is getting a big fat zero from me. Cash shops are only allowed in games that didn't cost anything to play in the first place and even then should only sell cosmetic items while with Diablo 3 not only are they over charging for a PC game they're going to push players into continuously spending a lot of money to buy the best weapons which will kill any fun or motive to dungeon crawl to find loot which is exactly what these games are all about. Expand
  9. May 15, 2012
    Decade of experience running online games to have the game fail to launch ON SINGLE PLAYER due to their network. They took everything that was Diablo and flushed it down the toilet, from gameplay to graphics.
  10. May 15, 2012
    What a disappointment.
    After over a decade of waiting this is what we get?
    A game where the character models and overall graphics are a blurry and ugly mess that wouldn't have been acceptable 6 years ago. Where the gameplay has been reduced to left click to win and skills and attributes have been removed or simplified to increase the dependency on gear so that you'll be more likely to use
    the Auction House, increasing Blizzard's revenue.
    The voice acting is horrid, on par with a bad B grade movie at the best of times while the story is such a joke Stephanie Meyer could have written a better piece of fiction in 3 months and this took then 6 years.
    The always online DRM is the icing on the cake.
    I don't think I've ever been more disappointed by something I was looking forward to in my entire life.
  11. May 15, 2012
    I have paid for a game and can not even start a single player!? What exactly is on that disc?! It is a sick joke... Give my money and wasted time back!
  12. May 15, 2012
    Everything that could go wrong has gone wrong. Ridiculously expensive, boring gameplay and ugly looking. Diablo 3 is utter mess and i cant recommend it to anyone.
  13. May 15, 2012
    Diablo 3 was expected to be a great game, because of the success of the previous Diablo games. You'd think that Blizzard wouldn't make a game this bad after working on it for so long, although I didn't expect another Blizzard game to be good after the catastrophy which was "Cataclysm".
  14. May 15, 2012
    No customizable characters? That's so 2000. This game is based on loot, and you want characters where that loot looks pretty on. This game has nothing that any other H&S game has...well, the RealMoneyAH that the majority doesn't want anyways. This is probably the worst disappointment since Duke Nukem Forever. I'd give this game a 1 for the nice music during the installation, but considering the fact that I haven't been able to log in half of the time I wanted to play, its getting a 0.

A Guinness entry for the possibly worst release in game history would be appropriate. Thanks to OnlineOnly, of course.
  15. May 15, 2012
    Diablo 3 is out. It took 11 years to make. The graphics look 10 years old and its only 6 hours long. But don't worry kids you can buy hats with moms credit card!
  16. May 15, 2012
    Really doesn't feel worthy of the Diablo title. Just way too disappointing. Feels like yet another development pushed forward only because the developers knew it would rake in the dough almost as much as a new cod game. The creativity and feel of adventure is gone in place of a cheap thrill that wasn't even at all cheap.
  17. May 15, 2012
    Don't waste your time and money on this game. It's not even close to Diablo 2 or even Diablo 1. Blizzard is just trying to use it's famous title to milk customers.
  18. May 15, 2012
    The game plays smoothly and is easy to pick up and learn. However, contrary to the hype surrounding the recent re-emergence of the "triple-A" series Diablo, this one falls short in terms of storyline, gameplay and user convenience when put next to its predecessor Diablo II. A long (but not exhaustive) list of changes that has bothered me follows:

Players are required to log online even if
    they only need to play single player, the player count in any given game has been reduced from 1-8 to 1-4, an in-game cash shop that gives players more power in exchange for real-life currency, the exclusion of a PvP system at release, exclusion of special death animations (that were seen in several alpha videos), an extremely streamlined character development system which limits player creativity/choice in where they want to specialize, a cheesy storyline/dialogue that looks like it belongs more on a Saturday morning cartoon show than on a Mature-rated game and finally, the World of Warcraft-like artstyle and hand-holding quest system which failed to immerse me in an unholy, desolate world like in the past games...

Personally, I believe Diablo III is more of a new concept for a commercial product to satisfy stock holders than an actual hit game made by people who actually love games and therefore has no long-lasting appeal or value to me. Let us see instead what other independent game developers can do in the Action-RPG department.
  19. May 15, 2012
    When I played D2, I liked most of all the feel of the game. Sure, I went on to play online and grind my way to greatness, but that wasn't what made it awesome. The general feel of the game was still that of an horror action game, this cartoonish look developed to cater to the wow herd is appalling, especially if you consider that the graphics look worse than torchlight. Now this game is designed around the grind mechanics, boss runs and wathever, but that wasn't what made it awesome. Add the online DRM, and this is yet another big disappointment for 2012. On a side note: I'd really like to see blizzard come up with something new instead of milking its old successes. Expand
  20. May 15, 2012
    Cliche story. You are able to see what is going or who is who right from the beginning, which are signs of terrible story writing. Poor in-game cutscenes. Average graphics. Below average music (with Matt Uelmen gone - the name behind Diablo 1 & 2 soundtracks, it just feels unoriginal & boring). Terrible level designs, very limited procedural generation which gets boring real fast. Being locked to 6 skills at a time, very few skills, automatic stat allocation. Etc... etc...

But my biggest problems are: EU is completely broken, login servers are down, game servers are heavily loaded & busy... Can't you add login delays & queue to keep login servers up? And how come game servers are loaded & busy? What was that stress test for? These are just amateur mistakes from Blizzard. It gets my rating down to 2 from 6.
  21. May 15, 2012
    12 years exchange for an 8-hour game,what should I say?We dont know ,cause the Blizzard officer told us to play it again and again to find out the so-called entertainment inside .But I can hardly enjoy this awful game and the error 37 internet connection problem,I choose to quit , farewell ,Diablo3.
  22. May 15, 2012
    If I try too hard to not think about getting constant DCs because of the game's online only requirement although I play SP, I can't even give it a 1. With very cheesy dialogues, story, awful graphics and musics, no customization, non-existent difficulty, poorly designed items and happy atmosphere; this is not even a mediocre game. And Diablo 3 only has the title of "Diablo" on it. It's definitely not a Diablo game and it doesn't plays or feels like a Diablo game.

Worse than Nuke Dukem fiasco.
  23. May 15, 2012
    Blizzard has handled the whole thing very poorly. First off, I have to mention the DRM. What a **** absolute disgrace!!! I have to stay connected to the internet at all times?! To play the game?! In SINGLE-PLAYER?! WHAT. THE. **** Please don't give any reason to support their DRM. Please don't say it stops scammers and hackers, because if you do so then you're the biggest moron that ever lived and should go die in a gutter somewhere. I BOUGHT THE **** GAME, WHY MUST I REMAIN CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET TO PLAY THE GAME IN SINGLE-PLAYER???!!!

And if your internet connection sucks, give up all your hopes of ever playing this game. Besides that, there are many game-breaking bugs that will prevent you from logging into your account and playing the game. And how long has this game been in development?! Why the **** didn't they fix all the bugs?!

I bet even the pirates give better service, and for FREE. So thanks, Blizzard, for releasing this huge steaming pile of **** I hope you all rot and burn in hell and go bankrupt. Adiós, mother****ers!
  24. May 15, 2012
    I can't believe what they did to this game, Who in a normal state of his mind would plan to make this game an "always connected game"? This is not even a MMO, MMO sets those kind of things because it's obvious, you will play with many many people. But this game is a SINGLEPLAYER (featuring coop).
    Suffers a lot of connection problems and all that stuff. Aside from that, the mechanics are
    simplified compared to Diablo2, Titan Quest, Torchlight, etc... This game is not as deep, the hack n' slash feels easier (and fun some times) but it doesn't have the same feeling as the last game of the franchise.

It's a perfect example of what corporates companies want to steal from the fans and customers. I'm a big dissapointed fan. Please stop buying Activision things, they think they're the masters of the world and have the rights to **** people whoever they want with their money. I'm gonna wait for Torchlight 2.
  25. May 15, 2012
    Diablo 3 is hardly a true successor to D1 and D2. The game is aimed to draw in a younger generation and people who never played the Diablo series before. This comes in the form of eliminating every metagame in both D1 and D2. The reason why D1 and D2 is fun is because it's both challenging and re-playable. Figuring out the attribute system, finding rare loot - every single character you created is unique in that sense. In Diablo 3, all of this is bypassed with its flawed cookie-cutter system of the previous games. The "pay-to-win" system allows people who are spoiled to be better than people who are dedicated to the game. Every character ends up the same with the fixed attribute/skill system. This makes partying with two or more of the same character redundant and makes the end-game of level 60 to be repetitive. There is no reason to grind the game (yes, we all did that for D1 and D2) and to find rare loot when someone can buy the same items easily. There also doesn't seem to be a lot of unique rare items - scrolling through the auction house. The graphics are never problem in a game. However, the Diablo 3 theme is distracting compared to the that of D1 and D2. The games are supposed to be gothic, and about hell. What is with all these serene walk-in-the-park areas, and enemies that look laughable and ripped out of of the WoW universe? And the game is short. Without the grinding incentive, the 4 acts (if you can even consider the 4th act a proper act) are completed with my friends in less than 8 hours. Don't fall for the hype generated by D3. This game is nothing like the other games and is not recommended if you're a fan of the series. I don't even mind the numerous errors with the servers, or odd glitches here and there. I don't even care if the Monk class is a little overpowered compared to the other classes. This is just not a Diablo game. It's a normal hack-and-slash game targeted at newcomers, and I'll look at it as just that. Get the game if it's on a discount but not for the 80 dollars I had to pay for it. Expand
  26. May 15, 2012
    Lobotomized stats system; dumbed-down skills system; artistic style in the form of warm, pastel, childrens' story-book illustrations rather than a seedy, musky, murky, dank, dark and cold realistic gothic aesthetic (to win-over their Warcraft customer base, rather than for sensible reasons of coherent artistic vision); no offline-play, no real single-player, dumbed down runes, itemization, and health systems? Overly-easy, banal gameplay? The world lacks feeling; there is a loss of the atmospheric mood of the previous games - and my character doesn't feel like my own, because it's not customizable (in the interests of "accessibility"? I'm out. Blizzard established three new, thoughtful IPs in '94, '96 and '98. It's not 2012 and not only have they done nothing new, but the sequels themselves are even starting to be poor shadows of their legacy. I have no doubt it will sell well, but some of us define success on more meaningful terms. I'm out.

Accidentally rated 10 before...
  27. May 15, 2012
    Getting disconnected from single player all the time. Very buggy, unfinished with dumbed down customization and cartoon graphics. Just terrible. And to top it all off over-intrusive DRM; because you know, its not like I planned on playing it later on in life when the servers are shut down.
  28. May 27, 2012
    After seeing those so called critic reviews that keep praising and buffing products for markets. Had to write second review because i am really worried about unprofessionalism of critics. They are not making any comment about games features just raising the product to almost godhood. That's mainly because good name of company, 2 of those so called professional critics gave mixed review. This is really worrying effect how critics are not having critical reviews only marketing speeches.

So lets get to the actual review played this game through with one character. Second play though with harder difficulty found game to be boring. As for even wanting to level any character again to level 60 whats the point in that skills come as progress levels. So there is no reason for that. This is mainly because really none of customization you can do talent or attribute wise its just all about gear you wear.

Also because they actually released "online or no play game" i keep getting constantly dc:t from game which actually shows how greedy this Blizzard company actually is. Game is just basically unplayable for those that get disconnected about every 5 mins to 30 minutes. I have actually done more tweaking to my security firewalls etc for this game than to any other games and it still has serious issues. Almost always when you actually try to get answers from technical support problems are on your side not their precious servers or product. They start "you could try..." its not consumers job to make game work. There should be some pride for game developers to make working game.

So good advice for all that are playing games around world never ever pre-order game, never buy those cheesy priced collectors editions or limited (luckily i did buy only standard edition) and most off all always wait about 6 to 12 months after release to get actually patched up game. Mainly never read what these so marketing critics write about game they tend to go overboard praising the series or company that made game.

In old good days of gaming we did not have DRM only cd-keys to check your games legality. All gamers suffer because too protective developers making every even single/ multiplayer games requiring internet connection. This game should had some kinda offline mode for that cannot have access to internet 24/7.
  29. May 15, 2012
    The original creators of Diablo no longer work in Blizzard. They currently work on Torchlight 2 which is going to be the true Diablo successor. Not this piece of broken ****
  30. May 15, 2012
    The intrusive access control known as DRM(Digital Rights Management) is what really is hurting the game here. Not only due to the train-wreck of a launch, but because you can not even play this game without an Internet connection. This crippling form of security serves no purpose other than agitating and frustrate legitimate customers. The pirates will always find a way around, it like they always do, even if that means emulating servers or similar shenanigans. Meanwhile we have to deal with potential latency issues and the worry of getting disconnected while playing what could very well be a single player game. The removal of the option of playing over a local area network is also very much deplorable and it is obviously due to the inclusion of the DRM and forced online play.

Another negative thing is the issue of having a cash shop in what essentially could be considered a single player game. The fact that there is a pay-to-win cash shop if you choose to play online is itself not an issue. But Blizzard's way of legalizing gold farming and RMT merely for them to earn a bit of money from every transaction does leave a very bad taste in my mouth.

The visual aesthetics are in my opinion quite unappealing and from a technical standpoint the graphics are pretty lacking as low resolution textures are hidden behind bloom and blurr. Granted, this may not be something deal breaking for most people; but for a game which has been in development for as long as Diablo 3 has, one should not be faulted for having expected something better.

1. Aug 31, 2012