Dino D-Day PC

6.3

1. Nov 4, 2012
    It is a fun game, and I have spent hours playing it with my friends and family. Some of the negative critiques of the game are justified, but the biggest problem with the game I have found is that not enough people play. The controls for the unique classes seem awkward at first but it is easy to adapt to them. I also have not found the classes imbalanced or the gameplay unoriginal. I wishIt is a fun game, and I have spent hours playing it with my friends and family. Some of the negative critiques of the game are justified, but the biggest problem with the game I have found is that not enough people play. The controls for the unique classes seem awkward at first but it is easy to adapt to them. I also have not found the classes imbalanced or the gameplay unoriginal. I wish more people played the game, I would recommend it for the price i payed (5 USD). For the amount of enjoyment I have gotten out of the 40 hours I've played the game thus far it's been more then worth it. Expand
  2. Apr 29, 2013
    Got this during a Steam Sale. The graphics were on par with counter strike or team fortress 2, which meant even my friends who don't have the strongest gaming computers could play with me.

I can't say the last time I had such a blast playing an FPS game. The commentary from the game and from other players is fantastic, and it was just a blast. This is a must have for any LAN party for sure.

Like Alien vs. Predator but way better and more balanced. The dino abilities are a hoot, but offset by the fact that they need to get in close to use many of them. Learning the game was simple if you've played other fps games. Definitely worth money. Please remember that there's no real story mode that I've been able to find, it's similar to killing floor in that the game is just multilayer mayhem (using bots or other players).
  3. AWG
    Jun 15, 2013
    Dinosaurs and nazis is a great combination but this game stopped to be interesting after just a few hours of gameplay. Teams are unbalanced and graphics are not really good.
  4. Aug 6, 2011
    I have had as much fun playing this game as I have any deathmatch-style Source mod -- and as long as that is what you are expecting, you should not be disappointed. While it is true the Allies and Axis are not well-balanced, the teams switch each round, so no one is stuck on the weaker team for long -- and when the Allies *do* pull out a victory, it is particularly satisfying. Graphically,I have had as much fun playing this game as I have any deathmatch-style Source mod -- and as long as that is what you are expecting, you should not be disappointed. While it is true the Allies and Axis are not well-balanced, the teams switch each round, so no one is stuck on the weaker team for long -- and when the Allies *do* pull out a victory, it is particularly satisfying. Graphically, it is not as terrible as many are saying: the human characters are decent but nothing special, and the dinosaur characters are actually fairly good in appearance, and very well animated. Only the level graphics are a bit of a letdown -- they get the job done, but they are fairly generic, and not very detailed. As far as gameplay is concerned, playing as a human character is just like any other FPS -- none of their weapons or abilities are anything new. Playing as a dinosaur, on the other hand, is another matter: each type is unique, plays differently, and really lets you *feel* like a deadly animal from the past (notwithstanding that with half of them, you are a deadly animal from the past that the Nazis have strapped a gun onto). Particularly noteworthy are the velociraptor, which is exceptionally fast and agile, and the tyrannosaurus rex, which is the giant lumbering engine of death that it should be. So overall, as long as you know what you are getting into in terms of balance, it is a very fun game to play, and it will likely only get better over time. Expand
  5. Jan 31, 2012
    Fun distraction, sort of like left 4 dead and day of defeat source had a baby. For those who love source multiplayer games, or just a hardcore fan of the source engine in general, then give it a try. For those who feel like the engine is dated however, will not appreciate this game.
  6. Aug 12, 2011
    Great game Where you are killing dinosaurs. It sounds stupid, but it's great game. It's a lot of fun. Graphics is not that bad too. I recommend it. I already plyed it for 50 hours.
  7. Jul 30, 2011
    Before I clarify, I want to say that this mod is very enjoyable, and deserves more credit than it has been given. As always, the Source engine provides great graphics and physics that have aged fantastically. Don't get me started on the silly consumer fetish for more Bloom "a la" Crysis. Please ignore any review that starts with "graphics are awful". Don't get me wrong, I absolutelyBefore I clarify, I want to say that this mod is very enjoyable, and deserves more credit than it has been given. As always, the Source engine provides great graphics and physics that have aged fantastically. Don't get me started on the silly consumer fetish for more Bloom "a la" Crysis. Please ignore any review that starts with "graphics are awful". Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the top end graphics technology and I enjoyed Crysis very much and the tech has grown even more since then, but don't discount a game because it isn't shiny. That issue aside, balance is very hard to achieve for a game such as this with a crazy idea like pairing humans and dinosaurs, so they deserve some breathing room where balance is concerned. As is, they've done an amazing job. The classes are unique and have their own special abilities that take a little practice to get used to, but well worth it once you know how they work. The developers are still hard at work on new content such as classes, dinosaurs, maps, and gameplay tweaks. The source engine is renowned for the user based content so look forward to additional material released by the community such as more mods and as always, lots of maps. This is a game you will want to come back to and play again, even after the initial novelty wears off, which is more than can be said for a plethora of current titles. Expand
  8. Aug 5, 2011
    Despite some negatives regarding servers and unbalance, I have really enjoyed my time so far. The concept is B-movie classic with a huge dose of irony. When your in the game it's fast and furious with CS style round changes, so despite the Axis having the obvious edge thur far you do get to play them even if you start on Allies. A week in and I'm seeing far more Allied victories and I'mDespite some negatives regarding servers and unbalance, I have really enjoyed my time so far. The concept is B-movie classic with a huge dose of irony. When your in the game it's fast and furious with CS style round changes, so despite the Axis having the obvious edge thur far you do get to play them even if you start on Allies. A week in and I'm seeing far more Allied victories and I'm sure with a little polish this will be a great drop in and shoot game. I also only paid £2.50 which is less that the cost of a pint. Great value. Expand
  9. Jun 14, 2011
    The game is quite enjoyable, the dinosaur classes feel balanced with the human classes and I think most of the bad reviews about lack of balance are because those people didn't play the game long enough to get a feel for it, though this is understandable as there are usually only 2 full servers so there is not a ton of variety to keep new players going, but once you get past the lack ofThe game is quite enjoyable, the dinosaur classes feel balanced with the human classes and I think most of the bad reviews about lack of balance are because those people didn't play the game long enough to get a feel for it, though this is understandable as there are usually only 2 full servers so there is not a ton of variety to keep new players going, but once you get past the lack of stellar graphics and some sub par animations, the game really is some good fun, it is worth the $20 it costs in my opinion. Expand
  10. Mar 15, 2012
    A fun mod for half life 2 in reality,it shouldn´t be a game on its own though and not worth 20 euros but i still had a few hours of fun with the unique dino characters and some cool maps.
  11. Mar 31, 2015
    This game is a fun class-based "fps" (many of the Dino's are melee only), the teams are a little unbalanced but they switch every round. The graphics are comparable to Counter-Strike: Source, which isn't always a bad thing. The Micro-raptor and Compsognathus (or Compy) are very difficult to hit as the Allies, which can be very frustrating when you cant hit the thing that is killing you.This game is a fun class-based "fps" (many of the Dino's are melee only), the teams are a little unbalanced but they switch every round. The graphics are comparable to Counter-Strike: Source, which isn't always a bad thing. The Micro-raptor and Compsognathus (or Compy) are very difficult to hit as the Allies, which can be very frustrating when you cant hit the thing that is killing you.

Over all it is a good game but it still has room for Improvement.
  12. Jun 24, 2015
    Not a very bad game, fun to play with friends, kind of reminds me the game Primal Carnage, only during the days of Adolf Hitler and WWII or WWI, and the dinosaurs have guns!

1. PC PowerPlay
    May 22, 2011
    Awesome idea but amateur execution means it costs an arm and a leg for what it is. [June 2011, p.62]
  2. PC Gamer
    May 18, 2011
    Like a dinosaur skeleton in your local museum, Dino D-Day is barebones, missing some pieces, and ancient-looking. [July 2011, p.78]
  3. Apr 26, 2011
    Despite the presence of dinosaurs and a good dose of irony, the game fails to distinguish itself from many other exponents of the genre.