Din's Curse PC

7.6

1. Mar 15, 2011
    A Diablo-like "slash everything in your way" game. PC Gamer is quoted as saying "anything can happen", but apparently they are talking about random event generation, not anything particularly interesting in a storyline. I didn't come close to dying the first time all the way through a "city". On the second city apparently I waited a few seconds too long, and by the time I got to theA Diablo-like "slash everything in your way" game. PC Gamer is quoted as saying "anything can happen", but apparently they are talking about random event generation, not anything particularly interesting in a storyline. I didn't come close to dying the first time all the way through a "city". On the second city apparently I waited a few seconds too long, and by the time I got to the surface, almost everyone had died, including people I needed for quests. There is no restoring a previous game, so whatever spot I'd got myself into was unrecoverable. I removed the game from my computer. There's nothing here that hasn't been done better and a long time ago. Does it seem that there's an inverse correlation between License Key length and game quality? Somebody back in the marketing department has an inflated idea of what they've accomplished? Expand
  2. Feb 25, 2012
    First let me say that the price point on this game is too high and my score reflects that, titan quest is a better looking and playing game (particularly when you add in lilith mod) and costs less. There are similarities to other games as people have surely mentioned, but dins curse does its own thing with the randomly generated events (that often seem to come at the most inopportuneFirst let me say that the price point on this game is too high and my score reflects that, titan quest is a better looking and playing game (particularly when you add in lilith mod) and costs less. There are similarities to other games as people have surely mentioned, but dins curse does its own thing with the randomly generated events (that often seem to come at the most inopportune moments) and thats about all it really has. I dont care that it is an indie game, it looks VERY bad (you do not score things based on indie/mainstream... its stupid to pretend indie is some excuse for a lack of quality) and has .. i dont even know that i would call it a bad plot since it is more just a series of objectives. "Save the town" is the plot? because it never evolves much beyond that.. Anyways, while the gameplay is "ok" i am more impressed that they managed to get it online so i can play with friends, seriously good job... unfortunately most of my friends got bored of it after 1 day, so yea i guess "ok" isnt good enough for some people. Overall if it didnt cost 30$ for a third rate game i would say "yes! this is an 8!" but game + pathetic expansion costing that much most people are going to feel ripped off, it just isnt really "good" in any areas, it is just mediocre. Side thought: if you have ANYTHING negative to say about a game at all it isnt a 10. Expand

1. May 10, 2011
    It has tons of options to play around with to let the player experience the game exactly how he/she wants to. Character building is just as addictive as finding better loot.
  2. With Din's Curse, players will have access to something that is familiar and fresh all at once. Having new scenarios play out each time really heightens the replay value of the title.
  3. Din's Curse is just another Diablo clone. Ok, maybe It tries to put some innovations to the original formula but, at the end of the story, offers the some experience with some not so inspired design choices and a mediocre graphic.