7.2

1. Apr 5, 2012
    I am yet to play DiRT2 and DiRT3 but this is simply superb. A really good rally game with excellent graphics (considering that it was made in 2007), very good gameplay and the kind of game which gives you a satisfaction once you have completed all the races. I have finished this game twice and I am sure I will give it one more go :) Initially it may appear tough especially if you come from the Need For Speed side of the world but once you get the hang of things and understand how the vehicles handle this is the game that you will recommend to one and all. Expand
  2. Jan 6, 2012
    This is a nice rally. Why, because it has a lots of RALLY in there! Not like Dirt 2 and Dirt 3, they don'thave more then 3 diferent maps and some rally. So this Dirt 1 is the best Dirt of all three.
  3. Dec 14, 2013
    Car polygon-modelling are like Race Driver 1. Not all the vehicles are too hard to drive with use of keyboard, as some of them are too easy to drive when compared to the Lotus Elise. Vehicle setup is available to correct some vehicles' slow steerings. As steering is slower than past Codemaster racing games, need to stick MORE THAN EVER to the best-line like it's a formula 1 game.

Don't
    know why, I couldn't apply the latest patch v1.22 on two different PC systems, both crashed with CRC errors. On WinXP, need to use no intro fix to get past the BGM that could freeze or pausing almost to a stop. On Windows 7, need to connected onto internet to play to avoid stutterings during gameplay.

I wonder how many out there use a steering wheel to play a racing game? Maybe 1 out 10?
  4. Dec 10, 2013
    This is all about using the keyboard to play:
    The 4x4 4WD trucks handling is good enough. Different vehicle class has very different handlings, some pretty pleasant and easy to drive, so are hard-ass like it’s Formula 1.
    But Lotus Elise (or similar sportcar models) has poor dampling (33% bad), poor stability control (only 67% effective), rather poor braking help (20% bad). Traction
    control is not bad after all, but it’s not realistic after you bump into something to a near-stop speed and then step on the gas pedal too soon, that along with the bug like dampling calculation spins your car around non-sensely!
    Still talking about the Lotus Elise (vehicle class) you can't steer faster enough around U bends (33% too slow). The dampling are too sensitive sometimes. You better use a steering wheel to drive.
    Lack of steering speed and brake strength adjustments for keyboard is a put off! The playing off various kind of short videos per event or at some races here and there are time wasting! No key assigned to skip past those confusing videos.
    Buy FlatOut 1 instead!
  5. Jul 31, 2012
    good game but the cars handle pretty weirdly and its hard to get used to, the car set up is a little overkill and the bloom effect gets really annoying after a while. If your thinking about buying this over dirt 2 its probably not a great idea if you want a really good rally game spend the extra ten bucks and get dirt 2 its the best in the series in my opinion. these games are best played with a controller or wheel. Expand
  6. Mar 24, 2013
    Many says rally racing is suppose to be fight against the time. In this particular game however, I felt I'm fighting against the car. If you wanted to play this game without racing wheel, then you'll be just frustrated at how car handles. Handling of each car is just too sensitive, it feels more like you're driving RC car rather than fully powered 4WD rally machine. I bet most trouble you'll have in this game is just fighting against your vehicle as each brief thrust of arrow key throws your car into water puddle, cliff, or the wall that just happens to be there in right place and right time.

Other than that, this is decent game. Graphic is very good, each rally stage is well crafted and co-driver pointing out detail of each rally stage was very interesting. Car model in particular is just breathtaking. Also being able to control replay video is also nice, too. Bumping car you'll never be able to drive into wall and just watching the car broken down piece by piece via replay never gets old.

So, if you have racing wheel to compensate for this lousy control, feel free to play this game. It is a lot of fun if you get over it. If you are keyboard crowd, then move along. You'll probably find better experience in Colin McRae Rally 2005, and DiRT 2, if you're more casual gamer like I am, and Richard Burns Rally, if you're simulation fan to your core.
  7. Sep 1, 2013
    Nice graphics, cool gameplay but too much racing tracks.I passed this game for 2 or 3 months. With long pauses certainly But game really too long and i sometimes tired from this game.

1. McRae's finest outing to date (minus, of course, Colin himself). The new types of racing offer far more variety of gameplay, the sound effects are impressive and there are eye-searingly gorgeous graphics and an excellent career mode to boot.
  2. As a graphical showpiece, DiRT is an unbridled success. It also happens to be an entirely enjoyable rally racer.
  3. So in all, DiRT definitely stands out as a premiere racing game. The gameplay is great—though it may take a bit of getting used to for those you stick to common racing games—and the graphics help push it along as well.