DiRT PC

7.2

1. WillT.
    Jul 22, 2007
    Looks nice but isn't a whole lot of fun to play. Controls are very difficult to master and I never really feel like I'm in control of the vehicles. Who wants to spend all day setting up cars just to get the game to a point where it can be fun to play?
  2. JakeP.
    Aug 13, 2007
    I hope they return to the roots of the CMR series. The previous games had a more serious tone, and focused on rally. This was a good enough game I guess, but not what I was looking for in a CMR game.
  3. DennisB.
    Oct 27, 2007
    This could have been one of the greatest racing games of all time, if it wasn't plagued with some of the worst car control you will ever encounter. The terrible car control hurts this game so bad that you will not even appreciate how great the graphics are while driving, which is a real shame.
  4. BonilloB.
    Jul 6, 2007
    I'm a big CMR-fan, but this version is more like a richard burns rally clone than a colin mcrae rally game. If i could choose between a CMR '05 update or CMR Dirt, i deff choose for the update!
  5. DanJ.
    Jun 24, 2007
    It's fun. Graphics are, of course, incredible. I'm rather disappointed with the 'floaty' feeling of the vehicles - even heavy vehicles feel very light, and seem to be barely connected to the ground. On the other hand, good career mode, beautiful menus, good gameplay, and wonderful track and vehicle destruction effects.
  6. Dec 14, 2013
    Car polygon-modelling are like Race Driver 1. Not all the vehicles are too hard to drive with use of keyboard, as some of them are too easy to drive when compared to the Lotus Elise. Vehicle setup is available to correct some vehicles' slow steerings. As steering is slower than past Codemaster racing games, need to stick MORE THAN EVER to the best-line like it's a formula 1 game.

Don't

Don't know why, I couldn't apply the latest patch v1.22 on two different PC systems, both crashed with CRC errors. On WinXP, need to use no intro fix to get past the BGM that could freeze or pausing almost to a stop. On Windows 7, need to connected onto internet to play to avoid stutterings during gameplay.

I wonder how many out there use a steering wheel to play a racing game? Maybe 1 out 10?
  7. Jul 31, 2012
    good game but the cars handle pretty weirdly and its hard to get used to, the car set up is a little overkill and the bloom effect gets really annoying after a while. If your thinking about buying this over dirt 2 its probably not a great idea if you want a really good rally game spend the extra ten bucks and get dirt 2 its the best in the series in my opinion. these games are best playedgood game but the cars handle pretty weirdly and its hard to get used to, the car set up is a little overkill and the bloom effect gets really annoying after a while. If your thinking about buying this over dirt 2 its probably not a great idea if you want a really good rally game spend the extra ten bucks and get dirt 2 its the best in the series in my opinion. these games are best played with a controller or wheel. Expand
  8. Mar 24, 2013
    Many says rally racing is suppose to be fight against the time. In this particular game however, I felt I'm fighting against the car. If you wanted to play this game without racing wheel, then you'll be just frustrated at how car handles. Handling of each car is just too sensitive, it feels more like you're driving RC car rather than fully powered 4WD rally machine. I bet most troubleMany says rally racing is suppose to be fight against the time. In this particular game however, I felt I'm fighting against the car. If you wanted to play this game without racing wheel, then you'll be just frustrated at how car handles. Handling of each car is just too sensitive, it feels more like you're driving RC car rather than fully powered 4WD rally machine. I bet most trouble you'll have in this game is just fighting against your vehicle as each brief thrust of arrow key throws your car into water puddle, cliff, or the wall that just happens to be there in right place and right time.

Other than that, this is decent game. Graphic is very good, each rally stage is well crafted and co-driver pointing out detail of each rally stage was very interesting. Car model in particular is just breathtaking. Also being able to control replay video is also nice, too. Bumping car you'll never be able to drive into wall and just watching the car broken down piece by piece via replay never gets old.

So, if you have racing wheel to compensate for this lousy control, feel free to play this game. It is a lot of fun if you get over it. If you are keyboard crowd, then move along. You'll probably find better experience in Colin McRae Rally 2005, and DiRT 2, if you're more casual gamer like I am, and Richard Burns Rally, if you're simulation fan to your core.
  9. Sep 1, 2013
    Nice graphics, cool gameplay but too much racing tracks.I passed this game for 2 or 3 months. With long pauses certainly But game really too long and i sometimes tired from this game.
  10. Mar 24, 2013

1. McRae's finest outing to date (minus, of course, Colin himself). The new types of racing offer far more variety of gameplay, the sound effects are impressive and there are eye-searingly gorgeous graphics and an excellent career mode to boot.
  2. As a graphical showpiece, DiRT is an unbridled success. It also happens to be an entirely enjoyable rally racer.
  3. So in all, DiRT definitely stands out as a premiere racing game. The gameplay is great—though it may take a bit of getting used to for those you stick to common racing games—and the graphics help push it along as well.