Disciples II: Rise of the Elves PC

8.1

1. Jul 29, 2013
    Fans of Heroes 3 didn't like it because you can't move the units here, but for my liking this game is actually better than Heroes 3. The only thing that frustrated me was that the attacks don't have 100% chance of hitting. Meaning that on hard bosses (e.g. dragons) you may need to just reload and reload until finally none of your units miss and your battle plan succeeds. Actually I wentFans of Heroes 3 didn't like it because you can't move the units here, but for my liking this game is actually better than Heroes 3. The only thing that frustrated me was that the attacks don't have 100% chance of hitting. Meaning that on hard bosses (e.g. dragons) you may need to just reload and reload until finally none of your units miss and your battle plan succeeds. Actually I went ahead and edited the file with configuration of the abilities of units and set all the accuracy to 100% and reduced the damage accordingly I never screamed in anger at the screen any more.
    All in all, it's a nice strategy game which takes the concept of Heroes 3 and makes it simpler, but without any real loss of gameplay.
  2. Dec 30, 2012
    I cant tell you how entertaining this game is, artistically wonderful athmospere and impressive musics, nice and simple graphics, warning the game supports 1024x800 resolution maximum and disciples-3 was a dissapointment after such a masterpiece.
  3. AlexandreC.
    Oct 28, 2006
    Very good game, addictive. On a things to be improved, the graphics should be scalable on non 4:3 ratio screens and the interface text is very small on high resolution. Apart from that, the game is really really good! Love it.
  4. AnthonyB.
    Dec 21, 2003
    The Elves are a kick ass races to be. With increditable abilities.

Whenever you add a new race into an already established game, the question of game balance becomes an important issue. Rise of the Elves does an excellent job in this regard, as the Elf retinue is not overly powerful nor are they fodder for the other four races.
  2. Computer Games Magazine
    Perhaps the biggest plus is that these Elves aren't fey forest pansies like the usual Tolien-influenced woodland folk. They're as dark and pissed-off as everyone else in the Disciples world. [Mar 2004, p.71]
  3. If you are a veteran of the D2 series, Rise of the Elves adds in a cool new army to play with and hours of gameplay for the new missions, and while there’s nothing new or revolutionary that really seemed to go on, that can be a good thing.