Dishonored PC

8.4

1. dmm
    Aug 16, 2016
    Great game. Each level is a mini open world and you have a lot of skills and weapons to choose from. Tons of side missions and mini objectives to complete as well. Great graphics, sound, and story.
  2. Aug 8, 2016
    I was very disappointed with this game. It has nice artistic design and very good audio but the gameplay becomes boring really quickly (for me it was 4 hours). You become so overpowered in chapter one that the enemies are no threat even on the highest difficulty but if you don't take the upgrades gameplay becomes even worse, because you limit your options. Overally huge disappointment for me :/
  3. Jul 30, 2016
    Recensione temporanea da sostituire non appena disponibile quella definitiva. Recensione temporanea da sostituire non appena disponibile quella definitiva.
  4. SH1
    Jul 24, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It was really good up until the end of the "Lady Boyle's Last Party" mission. The mission after that ("Return to the Tower") where you have to assassinate the Lord Regent was somewhat predictable, accept for the twist with the broadcast.

From "The Flooded District" (the third last mission out of nine missions) the game degraded a lot in my opinion. I spent hours in the sewers and flooded district, wandering around levels that were so dark that I could not see where I was going, even with the gamma adjusted. The "enhanced eyes" spell did not help either. The story line also became very boring, and it seems pointless and tacked on at that point. That bit about you having to recover your weapons was completely unnecessary and a waste of time in my opinion.

I think the first 6 missions were brilliant, and the game should have ended there. My prediction for Dishonored 2 is that it will be a lot like Deus Ex, where the first game was brilliant and the rest was just more of the same.
  5. Jul 8, 2016
    The characters's graphics is a little ugly, but the gameplay is simple, understandable and super great..!

After playing this one, I have no longer interested in the boring Hitman, the complex Batman or the terrible Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell series.
  6. Jul 8, 2016
    First person stealth/action game where you have complete control of the way the world will develop. Spare everyone or slaughter them all, the world will react. My favorite thing about Dishonored is the playstyle and how it changes the ending. It adds replay value to a stealth game and also gives the player the chance to not play stealth one play through, just utter chaos.
    I started a
    I started a stealth style play through but after the first mission I was past the point of salvation. It was to much fun to pass up the destruction that the "High Chaos" play through brings.
    Everything seems to click and feel right in Dishonored; The upgrades to weapons and powers and discovery of runes and bone charms add another layer of customization to your Corvo
    There are some things I disliked or think could be worked on. Of the assassin tools, Grenades and Springrazor traps felt undervalued and didn't really bring much use to gameplay. With the heaps of whale oil around to use as a explosive, the grenade seemed pointless. Graphically the brightness tuner of the game can be worked on. The game was either too dark to see anything behind boxes/crates or too bright to where the "shadows" felt like I wasn't hidden. I couldn't seem to get achieve a happy medium.
  7. Jun 29, 2016
    This is by far my favourite game, I'm really looking forward to Dishonored 2 and hope that it'll be as good as Dishonored 1 is. This game gets a strong 10 from me.
  8. Jun 28, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I'm only two hours into this game and it's blowing my mind. Everything Bioshock Infinite went for as far as art style, mood, charisma, mistique, is all vastly superior in this game. Playing with a quality pc with a slightly recent Nvidia GTX series graphics card, and the opening sequence, one word, water, there goes my brain. Story is great so far. Breaking out of prison was very well made and thought through. Bought this for 5$ on the recent Steam sale. Best $5 I've ever spent. Well worth 20$ or 30$ even this far after it's release for the standard edition. Expand
  9. Jun 26, 2016
    Uno de los mejores juegos de sigilo de la epoca, muy re jugable, buenos graficos, buena historia, increible jugabilidad, varios finales dependiendo tus decisiones. Muy muy muy dificil de completar al 100%.

10. Jun 18, 2016
    This game has potential but is too flawed as both an action game and a stealth game for it to be of any interest. Whereas the original Deus Ex succeeded marvelously at both, and whereas Deus Ex Human Revolution in all honesty was not a good action game, but worked fantastically as a stealth game and excelled equally as well as the original game at all other elements of the game, of whichThis game has potential but is too flawed as both an action game and a stealth game for it to be of any interest. Whereas the original Deus Ex succeeded marvelously at both, and whereas Deus Ex Human Revolution in all honesty was not a good action game, but worked fantastically as a stealth game and excelled equally as well as the original game at all other elements of the game, of which there were a lot, Dishonored simply has nothing else going for it. When the two main focuses of the game both don't work as well as they should compared to other titles, there's little reason to play for any longer than a first playthrough.

Dishonored has a very lack luster story. I could not care less about the empress and I could not care less about her daughter (whom of which seems to be a big focus in the game, yet is found in only the third mission), and the city, Dunwall, is too uninteresting for me to care about the inhabitants of the city. The architecture of Dunwall however is interesting, no surprise coming from the same art designer who did Half-Life 2, and you can definitely spot the similarities (overarching walls, hanging drop pods etc.) so there's no fault there, but unfortunately the games visuals don't give the art design justice. It's meant to look like a painting in motion, and with the character models and animations it does that quite well, but I can't help but feel like the world is ugly. Textures are really disappointing, and I can't tell if it's the whole painting design choice thing or the engine. Maybe we'll tell with Dishonored 2.

I also find the characters lacking majorly, and is probably why I find the story so uninteresting. No one is really all that unique, and everyone seems very two dimensional. The outsider is meant to be a mysterious other-worldy being who tends to interfere in Corvo's world, yet I find him totally uninteresting, I don't know if that's due to the writing, voice-actor or what. Old creepy and probably equally as mysterious Granny Rags is more annoying than anything as she has about 6 lines she repeats over and over again for each time you meet her. It doesn't help that Corvo is a silent protagonist with only a few text-based dialogue options with the fully-voiced cast. It's just a completely forgettable story, and most of the in-game books aren't all that interesting to read and don't flesh out the story and world like they do in aforementioned Deus Ex and stealth series Thief. Corvo becomes an assassin after he is framed for the murder of high-empress Elizabeth, but I honestly can't remember who or why I'm killing the people I'm sent out to kill. I feel like I should be questioning them more than blatantly murdering them.

The game is also linear. There's not that many ways to do an objective, and there aren't many things to do in each mission. There's one or two short side quests each mission but that's about it. Other-wise you're going through the mission with little variety in the way you complete objectives. There's always a few ways to get past a barrier or group of guards, but they're always the same. Find an obvious way up and above or just go around. It's not hidden, and you most likely won't be finding new ways of doing things each time you play the mission. Like-wise assassinations are boring. I don't feel like I accomplish anything when I kill them like I do in say, Hitman, because I don't know or care who the people are and there's very little character development, but moreso the issue is you either run in and stab them in slow-motion or there's an extremely obvious variation in for example, the third mission where you have to kill the Pendleton brothers, for one of them you go straight through and slit his throat or go through a door to the left and hold the use button to gas him. No skill, no thought and it doesn't give you anything to think about in way of morals or anything. It's just like mowing down thousands of enemies in most first person shooters.

The game is ridiculously short, and it's disappointing that the original game plus the DLC is the entire length of Thief Deadly Shadows if you're playing on an easier difficulty. That is unacceptable, especially for a game that has surprisingly little replay value. The game is also very easy. Stealth is an absolute breeze, and murdering everyone is all too easy as the AI is very predictable even on the hardest difficulty, which I chose for a first playthrough. What was done pretty well however was the desire to not just kill everyone, and instead knock-out of avoid enemies instead. There will be less of the plague (rats) running around if you chose to save lives, and the empress' behavior will change. There is also a darker ending for if you chose to murder everyone, but that's about as far as it goes for any deviation in story. But this doesn't really make you feel for why you do what you do, it's only really just to see how the world changes around you in the minor way that it does.

The sound design is fairly decent. The voice-acting I find is occasionally off in terms of line delivering, but it's mostly done well by guards and lead characters. The music is, and I hate to say this as this is someone's hard work and passion, but I find it pretty forgettable, but I'm going to go and say that it's most-likely because it's ambiance and wasn't trying to be recognized when compared to something like Unreal. Sound-design is pretty good and the sound cues for being detected is one of the things that help it stand out. Foot-step sounds are odd they as they don't exactly sync with music, and landing seems to be silent.

Dishonored has an array of magical powers, given to you in a ?dream? by the Outsider. These can be upgraded and unlocked using Runes found around the missions and in the boring 100% forgettable hubworld. These include the incredibly over-powered short teleport Blink, slowing-down time, knocking people off their feet using a blast of wind, seeing through walls and a bunch of other nonsense. I hate this concept. It sounds like a magic version of augmentations from Deus Ex, but it's worse. Blink is a big reason as to why stealth is so easy and why the game is such a breeze. You can teleport anywhere, and the AI has trouble keeping up with it. All of the other stuff is completely unnecessary. You can do some cool stuff with it, as shown by a very skilled gamer on YouTube, but they actually ruin challenge. They're too overpowered. There's also very little variety in them, as there aren't many. You can also get upgrades, such as zooming in. These are pretty unimportant too though they're an alright side feature. Bone Charms too can be found around the levels and provide incredibly minor (pointless) bonuses, such as for example, one will make the enemies have a rare chance to miss. In gameplay, that has no effect, especially on harder difficulties where you will die fast, but not that it matters, because fire is easy to avoid anyway. They're an unnecessary addition, and you can only have three at a time, or I believe six if you upgrade.The weapon arsenal in essence is a dumbed-down, no-skill-needed version of Thief's arsenal. Here you have the crossbow dart (broadhead arrow), tranquilizer dart (gas arrow), incendiary dart (fire arrow) and proximity mine (mine). All it's missing is the water arrow and rope arrow from Thief, except it wouldn't need them anyway because stealth is nowhere near as complex as Thief's. In the two weapons it didn't blatantly steal from Thief, it makes up by having a short ranged 'pistol' which acts more like a shotgun, a grenade and a rewire tool. The latter not exactly counting as a weapon. These are all cool, and for good reason, but none of those are going to be helpful when you're doing a non-lethal playthrough are they? So instead you have a knife, the ability to choke and a tranq, which is what you will be doing the whole game. And if you're doing a stealth playthrough, many of the weapons will be pointless because they make too much noise.

The reason for even just my 22 hour playtime that I have at the time of writing this is more because I never could get into the game, and I kept trying and trying. Actually playing it from beginning to finish is quite a bit shorter. Dishonored is a game I believe you should play once, but don't buy it for anymore than $25 with all DLC included. It's just not worth it. It's not a great game, and it's not really all that special. In terms of stealth, there are better things to play. In terms of melee and gadget style combat, there are better things to play. In terms of story, lore or graphics, there are better things to play. I will recommend it for a one time playthrough, but it's not worth the money, and that's why overall I'm not recommending it on Steam. Also, Bethesda you money-grabbing **** how dare you sell this pos with all DLC for a full-priced new release ($80) for a simple, lazy port on current gen consoles. Literally all they did was make it 1080p, it's still at 30 **** frames per second. Just to let people know, but I doubt PC gamers care. There's more to talk about, but this is easily my longest review, and it didn't need to be this long so this is where I'll end it.

Overall: 7/10
  11. May 13, 2016
    Stealth games? They are usually boring and annoying. But Dishonored is a complete exception. Bethesda's and Arkane Studios' Dishonored is unquestionnably an enjoyable first-person game with multi-linear maps, various possible game play tactics to complete your mission, a unique setting, and creative game play mechanics -- this is what makes Dishonored fit in this world full of bigger franchises.
  12. May 5, 2016
    I haven't played this recent enough to really evoke what I was feeling then, but I will say I enjoyed it overall.

It just got a little tiresome. I couldn't force myself to complete it. The story wasn't particularly good and my actions weren't having much of an effect. Too much console feel, ultimately linear, graphics were dated even for 2012, other things that don't come to me now, but a lot of the powers are kind of useless.. stuff like that.

What I did like was it felt like Deus Ex (2000) meets Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines. In a way, what I could have hoped for a spiritual sequel to their gameplay.

So to end what is a rant, I did enjoy this game. It let me play like Thief, or a no-kill/sleep dart run of Deus Ex and reminded me of VTMBL. But it suffers from many problems.
  13. Apr 23, 2016
    Dishonored can feel a bit generic at times (it's basically a clever mix of Batman, Assassin's Creed and FallOut...), but it's such a well-crafted game that we can easily forgive it. Using the blink ability or the heart to find Runes is really fun. On top of that, the design of the universe and the maps are just about the best I've seen so far. Got to give this game a try.
  14. Apr 9, 2016
    The stealth action blend is good and the controls are responsive. The sandbox level design is the real star of the show where situations can be solved with multiple approaches and techniques while never feeling overwhelmingly so. The new skills and abilities that get introduced add an amusing new set of possibilities to how you choose to solve problems. The nice variety of locations andThe stealth action blend is good and the controls are responsive. The sandbox level design is the real star of the show where situations can be solved with multiple approaches and techniques while never feeling overwhelmingly so. The new skills and abilities that get introduced add an amusing new set of possibilities to how you choose to solve problems. The nice variety of locations and scenarios keeps the experience fresh throughout. The optional mission tasks on offer are often attractive and come with a satisfying payoff. That said, the game could have been slightly more difficult; Some sections were almost completely absent of challenge and ultimately failed to satisfy. The story is pretty engaging and the world is interesting. The audio-visual compartment is polished. This is a unique and enjoyable ride. Expand
  15. Apr 4, 2016
    This game pretty quickly showed is limitations. First, the graphics are terrible, reminding me of some early 2000s WWII game. You feel like Frankenstein running around with your two arms out in front of you. Combat and the physics are absolutely a joke.

Boring story, bad voice acting. The bone charms were almost completely useless and, except for a few powers, they weren't much better. Of course, you're way overpowered so the game tries to force you to play its way by concocting swarms of rats when you don't play "properly", even if you've turned every kill to ash.

Mostly a waste of time, almost didn't finish.
  16. Apr 3, 2016
    - Great game
    - Great environment
    - Great battle system

If you like stealth game with great story, consider this game. This game is a Half Life and Bioshock junction.

One more word.
    Revenge solves everything.
  17. Mar 16, 2016
    aDAsdsadASDSAsaddsadSADsaDSAdsadSASdaDSAdsaDSASDAdsaSDAdsaDSADsadSADsaDSAdsaSDAsadSDAdssDASDAsdadsADsasDADSAsDADSDSdsaSSASDASASdadsaDSADSAdsasdadsaDSAS
  18. Dec 13, 2015
    Dishonored is an unique, enjoyable mixture of stealth, action, RPG and artful designs, though sometimes you just have to hate it because of the poor AI and the ultimately unsatisfying ending.
  19. Dec 5, 2015
    First off, the part of this game that really shines is the lenthy lore and the plot. All of it is original and creative. The stealth mechanics were excellent, being more realistic than thief or deus ex machina games. The chaos level is unique to dishonored and promotes stealth over running and gunning. A minor flaw in this game is that there are a lack of animations for a number of things.First off, the part of this game that really shines is the lenthy lore and the plot. All of it is original and creative. The stealth mechanics were excellent, being more realistic than thief or deus ex machina games. The chaos level is unique to dishonored and promotes stealth over running and gunning. A minor flaw in this game is that there are a lack of animations for a number of things. Air assassinations and backstabs use the exact same animation every time. The same is with sneaking or running. The semi open world made dishonored levels a sandbox with both replay-ability and creativity, unlike the courses of thief games. In contrast to negative reviews, I simply say that there would be no need for a blackjack or the abusement of your sword's pommel. Great game overall and for a true stealth fan. Expand
  20. Dec 1, 2015
    This game is amazing and awesome and epic i played this game three times.
    .............................................................................
  21. Oct 1, 2015
    Tier 1
    + An original and compelling world that matches the gameplay in tone and themes excellently
    + Noble attempt to create open gameplay that allows players a lot of freedom in play style + Dynamic and exciting stealth mechanics, with one of the funnest game mechanics ever made (blink) ? A little rough around the edges in narrative and gameplay at some points - Story suffers from a
    Tier 1
    ? A little rough around the edges in narrative and gameplay at some points
    - Story suffers from a silent protagonist
  22. Sep 29, 2015
    I couldn't put this game down. When I wasn't playing it I was thinking about playing it.

Play it the way you want. Bloodbath or stealth.

Great story. Excellent game play and incredible replay value.
  23. Sep 21, 2015
    A flawless masterpiece. Even though I'm not a huge fan of stealth games, this game left me without breath throughtout its duration. The mechanics are as simple as they should be, the gameplay is smooth and challenging but the best part is that you can devise literally thousand ways to complete a mission, which makes the game a true "sandbox" of ideas. A must-play for absolutely everyone.
  24. Sep 15, 2015
    One of the better games in the stealth/action genre. It has excellent design philosophy and quality - close to the standard set by half-life 2.

Compared to Metro Last light, this has better gameplay mechanics, especially when stealth is considered. Its a very good port. Controls are very smooth, FOV is adjustable, you can pause any time, cutscenes can be skipped, alt-tab works well, levels load fast, and there is a nice old-fashioned manual save system. It even resumes reliably from S3 sleep. The writing is above average. Although linear, levels are well designed with multiple routes to objectives. Voice acting is good, but american - I would have preferred europeans in this victorian industrial setting. The graphics are technically average, but artistically very nice. All the textures are based on watercolor art instead of photos - it looks lovely.

This game is good, but some things prevent it from being great: The gameplay is solid, but we have seen it all before - it is very mainstream and not “realistic” - guards are as dumb as usual, and if I had to sneak past one, there was always a perfectly placed cover object etc, and I would roll my eyes. The game is also not very “large” - it was probably made on a modest budget by AAA standards. I also do not like the dark magic theme (though I do like the steampunk theme).

Overall, this is a quality game I can easily recommend.
  25. Sep 12, 2015
    A real complete and enjoyable game. As a Bioshock "clone", one of the best game ever played. Full immersive, tactical, logical, action, all features to maintain tension high with a really good story. Corvo Attano is an impressive high personality actor!!! 9+++++ (waiting also for the Second :-))
  26. Sep 10, 2015
    It's a rare game that feels so compulsively replayable, but Dishonored is such a game. The compelling abilities, the bold artistic design, the colorful characters, and above all, the freedom of choice--these are the things that mark Dishonored as one of the truly remarkable games of this year.
  27. Sep 1, 2015
    Literally the best game I have ever played (and I played a lot).
    Blablabla 150 characters - bla bla bla - 150 characters - bla bla bla - 150 characters - bla bla bla - 150 characters - bla bla bla - 150 characters - bla bla bla
  28. Aug 31, 2015
    this game is boring. skyrim is better than this crap game. plus stealing is boring and the story made me go to sleep. i don't know how this game got good reviews but please stay away from this game. please.
  29. Aug 11, 2015
    Even though the main story is kind a meh but the overall gameplay AND The Knife of Dunwall DLC makes up for that , the gameplay is super fun with playstyle that you can choose , want to go sneaky and don't kill anyone ? sure !! , want to go ham and just slaughter everyone ? SURE !! both gameplay is fun using these"void" power is super fun and both have a different ending since the endingEven though the main story is kind a meh but the overall gameplay AND The Knife of Dunwall DLC makes up for that , the gameplay is super fun with playstyle that you can choose , want to go sneaky and don't kill anyone ? sure !! , want to go ham and just slaughter everyone ? SURE !! both gameplay is fun using these"void" power is super fun and both have a different ending since the ending is about how much "Chaos" you did and Chaos comes from a lot of killing .

Even though another 2 DLC is kind a pointless but i highly suggest you play both The Knife of Dunwall and The Brigmore Witches it's just really great DLC i think the story , characters in The Knife of Dunwall is actually a lot more interesting than the main story , The Brigmore Witches is okay still worth it but not as great as Knife of Dunwall for sure.

Still Dishonored is a really great game and it's getting sequel already !! So if you like what you see just buy it and you won't regret it.
  30. Jul 24, 2015
    good game. player can choose to play low profile or high profile style or both. nice graphics,environment,gameplay,features (powers,bone charm,note,inventory,weapons,characters. Interesting missions. overall is nice. And i found this comment at other web, he said " game follows Deus Ex" . What i dont like is, there are door frames, and they put brick wall or metal wall in it.
  31. Jun 26, 2015
    Don't bother chasing after achievements. I had 'ghost' checked on every single mission and did not receive 'Ghost' achievement at the end of the game.
  32. Jun 24, 2015
    A FUN stealth game, reminds a lot of the Thief series, very nice graphics, nice worlds and the City of Dunwall is fantastic although there is a little gloomy side of the city considering the plague... BUT! A fantastic game, very good work on behalf of Arkane Studios
  33. Jun 4, 2015
    When this game first came out, I ended up playing it non stop and completed it 3 times in a week, I still play it to this day including dlc. I still appreciate it as much as I did back in 2012.
  34. Mar 20, 2015
    I love to play this game over and over again and each time try another game style. Very good story - anyway your style can influence future events so be careful - i love that. AI char can be annoying sometime but you can turn-it to your own advantages with patience.
  35. Feb 22, 2015
    I waited the release of this game from the first time I heard about it, but while my first 2 or 3 hours I thought it would be my disappointment of the year 2012. But then I decided to slow down a bit, and taste it in small pieces, began to explore the world and then it was just like that - click and since that I was hooked. Truly a masterpiece and one the most beautiful and complex worldsI waited the release of this game from the first time I heard about it, but while my first 2 or 3 hours I thought it would be my disappointment of the year 2012. But then I decided to slow down a bit, and taste it in small pieces, began to explore the world and then it was just like that - click and since that I was hooked. Truly a masterpiece and one the most beautiful and complex worlds in video game industry Expand
  36. Feb 20, 2015
    This game was the best stealth game that I have played in a long time. It incorporated good combat elements that kind of reminded me of Arkham City if it was in first person and had a better timing element. The stealth is tactical, and various. There is never one way to do an assassination. If you like gameplay choice, steampunk, detailed games, or parkour (with magic) you shouldThis game was the best stealth game that I have played in a long time. It incorporated good combat elements that kind of reminded me of Arkham City if it was in first person and had a better timing element. The stealth is tactical, and various. There is never one way to do an assassination. If you like gameplay choice, steampunk, detailed games, or parkour (with magic) you should definently give this one a try. Expand
  37. Jan 7, 2015
    I will start by saying that this game is heavily overrated. It is not bad by any means, but it lacks fundamental features of what I would call newer generation of PC games. Dishonored heavily resemble Half Life 2. In fact, I would with certainty assume that it runs on the same engine as HL2. This would be good thing if game was released 10 years ago, but today, it's severely degraded inI will start by saying that this game is heavily overrated. It is not bad by any means, but it lacks fundamental features of what I would call newer generation of PC games. Dishonored heavily resemble Half Life 2. In fact, I would with certainty assume that it runs on the same engine as HL2. This would be good thing if game was released 10 years ago, but today, it's severely degraded in terms of visuals, and game mechanics. As result of this alone, this game should not be rated 10. To make things worse, Devs attempted to make the look of the game resemble something from Monet's painting, with blurry, paint-brush defined environment, but it was not done right, so the game looks more like low res game from 15yrs ago. In addition, most defining objects, including people are low-poly models which when combined with blurry textures make the game look even worse. Even if you invest hrs in searching for graphical config settings online, you will find out that results will be nearly the same as vanilla. For me, it is impossible to gain the sense of immersion, which I can get easily when playing HL2. Even today, ten years after its release. The s.c. stealth aspect is nearly not existing. Yes, your character can crouch and hide in the shadow, but the mechanism of detection is not as nearly good as what you find in the new versions of stealth games. On positive side, the game is very solid, and no crushes or issues with performance. The story line is interesting, and may be the only reason why you would want to try it. That is if you can overcome the horrible visuals and lack of depth of the first person interaction you so often experience in newer games. If this game had visuals, animations and mechanics, appropriate for new generation of games, I would give it 8. Expand
  38. Jan 1, 2015
    I really enjoyed playing Dishonored but it did have some flaws. The first missions I really enjoyed playing but then when you got near the end the missions were not as fun. The "Tallboys" ruined 2 of the missions by being too difficult sometimes they would randomly spot me behind a wall. This game is still a must buy. You should buy it but with caution on the fact that the last missions are bad.
  39. Rem
    Dec 27, 2014
    Dishonored is the best "playing" game I've had the pleasure of enjoying in a very long time. This game elegantly puts player enjoyment of a game ahead of anything else as you cut a bloody swathe through the fantastically realized city of Dunwall as the "Dishonored" Lord Protector Corvo Attano. The city of Dunwall sports an oil painting art style with soft textures that appear more muddyDishonored is the best "playing" game I've had the pleasure of enjoying in a very long time. This game elegantly puts player enjoyment of a game ahead of anything else as you cut a bloody swathe through the fantastically realized city of Dunwall as the "Dishonored" Lord Protector Corvo Attano. The city of Dunwall sports an oil painting art style with soft textures that appear more muddy than deliberate. The one thing I absolutely loved about Dishonored was the chaos system. Depending on certain set choices and your desire to kill guards, the game adapts to your playstyle. Killing guards means more rats and a greater enemy presence later on, and those who carefully chose the less satisfying stealth approach will find that they have less to deal with later on. Now on with the gripes. Dishonored contains a couple of voice actors who in my opinion, suck really bad. The VAs for Piero, The Outsider, and various NPCs really make me cringe at their underwhelming delivery. This is made up for in guard dialogue. The one thing that Dishonored falls short upon was the plot. As I said before, the city of Dunwall is buzzing with great lore, but the actual revenge plot surrounding our main character is quite predictable and underwhelming at times. It has a direction, but the intensity never really picks up outside of gameplay. And the ending is to say the least unsatisfying with a "slideshow accompanied by overarching narrator" cliche thrown in for good measure. Your choices don't matter up to that point which made me leave Dishonored on a bitter note. That said however, I enjoyed Dishonored for what it set itself up to be: a fantastic sandbox adventure game that makes it fun to play games again, at least in 2012. It's a game meant to be played, not be immersed in, and I'm damn fine with that. Expand
  40. CJW
    Dec 4, 2014
    Very exciting game. I loved the game's background the city of Dunwall. Story and plot was also good, and of course the game itself was the most enjoyable. It was hard to find anything wrong with this game.

First, the background and story. Making this world must have been a great effort to writers of the game. The story is so complete and the steam punk world setting is so interesting. Reading the journals, books and finding clues about this whole world was is much fun, you can't possibly escape from going to dishonored wiki and read more about the story of dishonored. Best thing I think is that you can go through 3 endings depend on how you play the game. I first cleared with low killing as possible and got a happy ending. Next time I played, I saw another ending. I felt very sad when Samuel saw me(Corvo) as cruel murderer in second play. You'll be sad too when you get to see the bad ending.

Second is gameplay. I won't say that this game is best stealth game of all time but, what I felt is that there are many ways of clearing each stages and that it is certainly fun to try each other way. I suggest to play at least twice so you can try many ways yourself. Another thing I liked was that though it had some collectibles, it wasn't that hard to find, and there aren't too many of them. For a player who get distressed about not getting all collectibles like me, this is good and important thing actually.

Third, the map design. I think that map designers did a great job. As I sad, there are many ways of clearing this game and at least some applause should go to them. It was the wide(Not that wide like open world games) and delicate map that made it possible to go through passages of missions not just along the road but up to the rooftops and into the buildings(not every buildings of course). One possible complaint here could be that the map is too wide in some cases (like flooded district which was too long maybe) but guess they had reasons.

Last for graphics. Personally, I like realistic graphics but, as even for me, the graphic was quite nice and detailed. After playing the game I felt this bit cartoon-like graphic could be a better choice for a game. Background graphic, I give good score and Person? well I was a little bit disappointed about Emily. Too plain maybe? I couldn't feel much emotions in her face

To end the long writing playing this game was absolutely fun and though I spent more than 40 hours
    (I played it twice) I never ever felt this game boring. So I give 9. Thanks for reading my review and excuse me for poor english and writing skills.
  41. Nov 30, 2014
    This is one of the best games I've ever played. Great design and gameplay. My only critic is that it gives you the choice of sneaking or killing and then it punishes you for killing... So it won't give you any choice. Other than that I enjoyed the game that is a 10 and I'm looking forward to the next Dishonored!
  42. Nov 27, 2014
    So I thought I’d write a review for Dishonored as an alternate opinion to all the 9’s and 10’s this game is getting. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a good game, but I don’t think it’s anywhere near a perfect game.
    The game has some shortcomings so even though I’m giving this a 7, I’ll focus on them.

The antagonist, Corvo Attano, really has no personality. He obviously has a history and a reputation that other characters react to, but he says nothing throughout the game giving us little clues as to what kind of person he is. I realize game developers do this in an attempt to make the player imprint themselves on to the antagonist, but many games add a voice and a personality to the lead character and it works well. In Far Cry 3, for instance where I felt more connected. In Saints Row 3 & 4 you can choose between 3 male and 3 female voices. I didn’t even go with my same gender and I felt connected to the personality of the lead character.

The AI is also not very good. If you put a guy to sleep, or even kill someone they’ll often not be alarmed at all upon discovering them, or do a quick search and if they don’t find you within 30 seconds, they’ll just give up and go back to their usual patterns.

For example, during one of the missions, I blinked into a room, took out the guard, the primary target was 5 feet away, but never heard me. I easily took out the primary target next, then I was slashed by a guard I hadn’t known was there. I slashed back, and he blinked away. I knew I couldn’t have killed him yet. But curiously, he never returned! (Maybe off to put some Polysporin on that superficial wound I gave him)

The plot isn’t terribly exciting. The first batch of missions force the plot along in a very contrived way. However; the plot does pick up towards the end of the story.

The setting is a plague infested, post industrial revolution London in a steampunk style and is quite beautiful in its own way. But it doesn’t seem like a living city like you’d find in GTA or Assassins Creed. There are very few innocent civilians wandering around. You’ll mostly just encounter guards and “weepers”. Weepers are plague infested civilians who basically walk and behave like zombies.

The characters aren’t very deep. Cardboard cut-outs really, but they serve their purpose. They have a character called “The Outsider” that’s some sort of supernatural being that gives you powers for unknown reasons. I guess the developers wanted to add powers to your character and this is the MacGuffin they decided on. Still, the powers he gives you are cool. More on that later.

The great thing about the game is that you can approach situations in many different ways. Possess an animal or human (if you level up) and walk past guards, fight your way through, or stealth you way through. You don’t have to kill a single person in the entire game. Or you can kill everything in sight. The game lets you know that if you kill too many people, however, you’ll get a “darker” ending.

The game really just wants you to play as non-lethally as possible. I tried to play stealthily at first, but by the later missions I had more fun letting loose and killing guards. The game, unfortunately, punishes you for that and you get a darker ending. (even the friendly boatman that ferry’s you around scolds you near the end!) I had a problem with this, because despite what they say, you really are meant to play it the way the developers wanted you to - stealthily.

So if you prefer the “shoot-em-up” style of games like I do, it’s not nearly as satisfying to mostly avoid contact.
    I’ve seen it written that if you play the game 3 times, you’ll be good enough to do the entire thing using non-lethal methods, but who has time to play the same game 3 times over when there are so many other great games out there?

I’ve saved my biggest problem with the game for last: The gameplay. The game has some great ideas. The problem is the execution (no pun intended). Sometimes I felt like an assassin, by so often I felt like a klutz. The game definitely has a learning curve to it.
    The problem is you have so many tools; you’re constantly juggling between them. “Dark Vision” is great, but it times out. (Unlike “detective mode” in Batman Arkham Asylum/City or tagging enemies in Far Cry 3)
    So you sit and wait for your opportunity to blink, or take out a guard some way, dark vision runs out, I have to switch back to that, turn it back on, then switch back to blink or a weapon and by then, my opportunity may have passed. I can only do one thing at a time and juggling between things, especially if I want to do them quickly, felt clunky.
    Taking on a lot of enemies at once is a quick way to get yourself killed. Enemies will all rush at you if you’re detected.
    In Assassins Creed, it was a much more fluid transition between skills and I really felt like a super hero. Ditto for Batman and Far Cry 3. In those games, even when I failed, I had the confidence I could go back and do it better, but in Dishonored I never perfected my stealthiness.
    In Dishonored I found myself accidently blinking into a sword fight when I forgot that blink was enabled instead of dark vision. It’s amusing that everyone in the swordfight was surprised it was happening, including me!

So overall, and in my humble opinion, it was a good game, but not a great game. 7/10
  43. Nov 24, 2014
    It's a stealth FPS which follows the path of Corvo, who is wrongly accused of murdering the empress. So begins your journey through a vivid, interesting steam-punk world.

Anyone into the Thief games or stealth in general will find something to like here. This game however, also features an impressive ability set of "magical" powers that you can acquire through runes and bone charms throughout the game. Some of these completely change the way you approach situations and are most welcome additions.

The only thing I was not to keen on was this "choice" you have over low or high chaos (stealth and not killing anyone or slaughtering everyone in your path). The game keeps on telling you to not kill people if you want the "good" ending, yet by doing so you miss out on some of the most fun powers and mechanics in the game. It's saying, here is an arsenal of cool stuff, but don't use them.

Anyway, a great game in most respects that I would recommend to anyone interested in the genre.

Jimbo Rating: 7/10
  44. Nov 12, 2014
    "Dishonored"

Dishonored is a brand new IP from Bethesda and it is the pinnacle of stealth games, the game revolts around choices, player freedom and immersive environments. Simply one of the best stealth games of all time.
    --------------------------------------------------
    GAMESCORE: 9.5 "FLAWLESS"
    --------------------------------------------------
  45. Nov 10, 2014
    This game is a proof that not all games need to have "Super graphics". It instead goes for artistic graphics, which still looks beautiful in its own way. The lighting, the water rippling, the npcs...They all look like they came out of painting.

Gameplay is solid as well. You can be loud and brutal to get high chaos, or be stealthy and sneak around to get low chaos. Your choice of gameplay will affect the end game results. You have variety of weapons, tools, and dark powers to get to your target. There are various ways to kill your target Each mission has side missions, and choosing to do or not do these side missions will alter the environment of future missions.

This is a great game for low to mid end pc
  46. Oct 8, 2014
    Highly overrated.
    Most of all, the whole story is just bland.
    What is worse, you can see the story advances only in intermissions, not in missions. That makes the stealth-play extremely booooooring. Or you can slaughter everything on. But it's not really on par with the full-pledged action games. It's just ok. You better play a real action game rather than this mediocre action
    Highly overrated.
    Most of all, the whole story is just bland.
    That makes the stealth-play extremely booooooring.

Or you can slaughter everything on.
    But it's not really on par with the full-pledged action games.
    It's just ok. You better play a real action game rather than this mediocre action game.

I don't think it's a bad game. But then again, it's not a masterpiece either.
  47. Oct 6, 2014
    Amazing game! The gameplay is simply awesome. There are so many ways to tackle missions that this game deserves more than one playthrough. The setting and environments are really fantastic as this game takes inspiration from other great titles like Thief, Half-Life 2 and Bioshock and they did a good job at giving it a unique feel. I played really badass on my first playthrough and nowAmazing game! The gameplay is simply awesome. There are so many ways to tackle missions that this game deserves more than one playthrough. The setting and environments are really fantastic as this game takes inspiration from other great titles like Thief, Half-Life 2 and Bioshock and they did a good job at giving it a unique feel. I played really badass on my first playthrough and now I plan to play it again, entirely stealthy.
    In short, this is a must!
  48. Oct 6, 2014
    The best stealth-action game ever! I've learned that our choises always matter to someone, somewhere. And sooner or later, in ways we can't fathom, the consequences come back to us.
    Spectacular and awesome kill animations
    good story (with DLC-s is full the story)
    Graphics is a little poor, but enjoyable!
    Only some bugs can be found.
  49. Oct 1, 2014
    I really liked the gameplay and level design..............but the setting just got too "dark" for me. I am not easily offended, but I just hated how many gross corpses you found all over the place - after a while I just didn't like how I felt when I played the game.

I did really appreciate the effort the producers made where you can play the game without killing anyone - that was really cool.
  50. Sep 27, 2014
    Dishonored is a game unlike most other on the gaming market. In this game the freedom of choice relly have a meaning. There is alomst alway severel ways to complete a objectiv and wich one you chose is completly up to you. I have completed the game twice. One the first playthrough I tried to be as sneaky as possibly and almost always went for the unleathal approach. On the secondDishonored is a game unlike most other on the gaming market. In this game the freedom of choice relly have a meaning. There is alomst alway severel ways to complete a objectiv and wich one you chose is completly up to you. I have completed the game twice. One the first playthrough I tried to be as sneaky as possibly and almost always went for the unleathal approach. On the second playthrough I was more ruthless, killing almost everyone that stood in my way. The second playthrough felt like a completly new game and the best part is that the story itself change depending on youe approach.

The missons are great with a superb leveldessign. And if you want even more I strongly advice that you buy the two add-ons that exist. Both the Knife of Dunwall and The Brigmore Witches are a solid and fun addition to the main game.

The only weak spot of the game is the story. Its not bad but it simply pale in comparison to the rest of the game. The endings in particularry are a bit unsatifying. If they had nailed the story this would have been a 10/10. But still, its a really good game and I strongly recommend it to every gamer out there, regardless if you like sneakgames or not. Cuz in this game its all up to you how you want to handle the situations.
  51. Sep 16, 2014
    There's plenty of good to say about Dishonored. The game mechanics are simple and straightforward, gameplay is intuitive and offers you choice in how you approach each mission, lots of options for controls. There aren't any major flaws in the game from a technical or design standpoint - expect for the poor textures. Graphically the game isn't far different from Half-Life 2. Facial detailThere's plenty of good to say about Dishonored. The game mechanics are simple and straightforward, gameplay is intuitive and offers you choice in how you approach each mission, lots of options for controls. There aren't any major flaws in the game from a technical or design standpoint - expect for the poor textures. Graphically the game isn't far different from Half-Life 2. Facial detail is horrific, but that's an art style choice perhaps. What really makes Dishonored shine is its immersive game world. It feels well-crafted and you can tell there's a lot of effort gone into making the story and context as polished as possible. However, despite all its efforts, Dishonored feels somehwat lacking in one major area: completeness. By that I mean it's so linear and unvaried, it feels more like a demo. Why do I have this opinion? Perhaps it's because I rarely got to use any of the upgrades I bought or engage in combat. And although the game doesn't present you with lots of pointless choices and text walls and RPG elements that don't affect gameplay, the level design is certainly lacking in gameplay variety. Yes, each level is well-thought and detailed, but the actual gameplay is extremely repetitive. I played the game on Hard and it suffers from the same problem as Hitman Absolution - that it's too easy to be stealthy. The game rewards you for not killing anyone and being sneaky. For this reason (because of the achievements), it's tempting to be tactical in your approach. Although the game's mechanics and tools and AI accommodate for this, the excitement is definitely lacking. Furthermore, should you choose to engage in combat, there is no real fun to be had there either. With just a pistol (or bow) and a sword, it's very basic. Fast, granted, but not fun. The supernatural abilities are indeed a great feature of the game and don't feel out of place, however as with everything in this game, they're ultimately unrealised potential. Never in a level was I forced to think creatively or use the level and my abilities/weapons etc. to make a meaningful impact in any way. I'm not saying that the game should be open-world or an RPG, I just think that it's been heavily cut down in order to make it linear and easy to finish in a relatively short time. The developers went through so much trouble to build the game world and story, yet none of the characters felt well-developed at all. Granted, the story is good, but it could do with so much MORE. Same with the levels - good, but need MORE VARIETY. You spend so much time exploring the levels finding journals (lots and lots and lots of text which isn't really worth reading), collectibles and money, yet in the grand scheme of things they're absolutely useless. All those upgrades for nothing! And the choices? Well, they seem meaningful at the time but don't really impact the story overall.

Bottom line: great foundations, unrealised potential. "Underdeveloped" is how I would sum it up. It'd be interesting to see how the next game turns out. Dishonored is a good game on its own but is a bit disappointing because it makes out to be so much more than it actually is.
  52. Sep 12, 2014
    decent fun and some innovative game play. a pretty good stealth game for those who love to play that way. game generally plays well but seems to lack a little soul and depth. it was also way too short with too little actual content.
  53. Sep 8, 2014
    Most of people tell that this game is a great game, but I’m not most of the people. This game is average but very entertaining after a rather dull start. I did like the art style, the scenery, characters, voice acting but the plot here is shallow at best so it kind of ruins it for me. I at least have heard this same old story repeated many times over the years so this game felt like everyMost of people tell that this game is a great game, but I’m not most of the people. This game is average but very entertaining after a rather dull start. I did like the art style, the scenery, characters, voice acting but the plot here is shallow at best so it kind of ruins it for me. I at least have heard this same old story repeated many times over the years so this game felt like every other on this genre.

When playing the game I just felt like playing a good Half Life 2 Mod but not a real full game, there is something missing and I don’t know what it is to tell you the truth. Perhaps I am just too picky on these things but I think that the magnificent world and lore they created for this game deserves better story or perhaps it could have kept the same story but told it in more interesting manner.

My opinion is that this game is not bad at all but it isn’t exactly as great as some people claim it to be. However I have to say that the gameplay mechanics work and the character moves as player intends so there is one thing definitely done right here. I would recommend this game to anybody interested in the genre but at the same time I’m telling you all that this game packaged as it is, is not for everybody including me. Last but not least I truly hope that there will be a sequel to this and it would focus more on some elements of this mysterious world and make the story more interesting at the same time.
  54. Sep 2, 2014
    I finally picked up this game at one of the Steam-sales, and while I had heard a lot of great things about the game, I had my doubts. Considering it's cheap price nowadays, its a bargain. The game is really good, especially if you take the price you pay for it at present day in consideration. There really is no reason not to get it if you have even the slightest of interest in FPS-games.I finally picked up this game at one of the Steam-sales, and while I had heard a lot of great things about the game, I had my doubts. Considering it's cheap price nowadays, its a bargain. The game is really good, especially if you take the price you pay for it at present day in consideration. There really is no reason not to get it if you have even the slightest of interest in FPS-games.

The main problem I had with the game was that the first ability you get (the teleport one) was also the ability I used for the majority of times troughout the game. You can possess animals (and later people) and summon rats, but I found myself only using the other abilities once or twice during my playthrough. I am not entirely blaming the game here, since I could have used the other abilities more, but they are'nt really required. The game also has a lack of side-quests in my opinion. The maps are quite big and there are many different paths you can take, but there only really is a main goal (or one side-goal, which usually is on the way towards your main one). These two things combined made me loose some of the interest in tackling the game in a different way, and left me just plowing through the last fourth of the game to finish up the story-element, not even caring about the runes or effiges, since I never really used them anyway. Sneaking by a guard by possessing a rat might be fun one time, but when you realize it's just way faster and safer to teleport past them, you end up rarely using anything else.

Again, this is my personal experience with the game, other people may absolutely tinker with the other abilities and explore many other possibilities, but I couldn't really keep up enough interest to do that, which is a minus in my book.

Other than that, it is a really solid game. The story is good, and the options in which you can tackle the missions is a fun feature, which adds some future replayability.
  55. Sep 1, 2014
    A very good game that mixes stealth and action in a very Deus Ex'y way (which is good).
    The world is extremely well designed with many details and secrets to uncover. There are books and notes to read, safes to crack, items to steal/scavenge. It isn't really open-world but the mission areas are big enough to give you at least 3-4 options of getting through them.
    Between every mission you
    Between every mission you get to purchase supplies and upgrades to customize your character. On missions you collect runes and bone charms, and purchase supernatural powers such as time bending which really adds to your arsenal.
    The world does react to what you do, so if you kill people like a maniac the city will plunge into chaos and everybody will be afraid of you coming for them, if you are merciful and stealthy your quest will actually lead your character and the city into redemption. Different endings and levels changing based on your actions give it some replayablity.
    The story is a bit predtictable but not at all bad, and the reactions of characters to your actions really makes up for it.
    Voice acting, sound effects and the music are on a decent level, but don't expect anything special here. Guards' dialogues will sometimes repeat in an annoying way. Swords and guns sound flat.
    Graphically it looks dated, luckily you can tweak it a bit on PC in the ini file so it looks almost like vanilla Skyrim.
    Combat could be better, it's a little too fast and chaotic if you do not use powers, and if you do it gets ridiculously easily.
    Stealth is a bit silly at times, for example you get basically undetectable if you're at higher level than guards, because they never think to look up.
    There are a lot of "WOW" moments in the game, when you do a particulary awesome move or perform a cool assasination. It makes up for the crappy combat and meh stealth.

Imo this desperately needs a sequel ! Gets an 8/10, best assassin game after Asassin's Creed.
  56. Aug 30, 2014
    I had high expectations for this game but it is far better than I believed a game could be. The number of ways to approach any situation is limitless. You can kill everyone or not touch anyone at all throughout the entire game. The city of Dunwall is masterfully sculpted with the incredible art direction. The character design is very creative. Dishonored is truly a breath of fresh air fromI had high expectations for this game but it is far better than I believed a game could be. The number of ways to approach any situation is limitless. You can kill everyone or not touch anyone at all throughout the entire game. The city of Dunwall is masterfully sculpted with the incredible art direction. The character design is very creative. Dishonored is truly a breath of fresh air from the tonne of dumb shooters out today and truly demonstrates what a game can be and is the benchmark of what every developer should aim for. 9.5/10 Expand
  57. sft
    Aug 11, 2014
    There’s a rat in the kitchen -- and everywhere else

There’s a rat in the kitchen -- and everywhere else

I loved this game and can find only one fault with it (more about that later). Arkane Studios have created a compelling game that ticks just about all the right boxes for me. It looks great, with very striking design and a unique painterly style. The city of Dunwall is beautifully realised and is a joy to explore. The gameplay successfully fuses the use of powers and weapons and the choice between stealth and combat is nicely balanced. The mission design is quite varied and allows for a number of ways to complete each one, thus offering decent replay value. The voice acting is always convincing, thanks to a star-studded cast, and the story is reasonable, although not strikingly original. Where it falls short is in the level of humour. Aside from one amusing line about someone not wearing pants I don’t recall there being many laughs along the way. And that’s a shame, because if not for the lack of humour I would have given DISHONORED a full score.
  58. Aug 2, 2014
    Very stylish mix of Half-Life 2, Thief and No One Lives Forever with high qualities, taken from all these sources and blending them into a slightly dark retro-future-industrial package. Good level design, nice aesthetics, story and a just about right amount of balance between action and sneaky playstyle. Even on hard mode it was kinda short and easy stroll for just about 1 full gaming day,Very stylish mix of Half-Life 2, Thief and No One Lives Forever with high qualities, taken from all these sources and blending them into a slightly dark retro-future-industrial package. Good level design, nice aesthetics, story and a just about right amount of balance between action and sneaky playstyle. Even on hard mode it was kinda short and easy stroll for just about 1 full gaming day, but that seems to be the case for most modern games in this genre lately and if it's well-done like this, it can still provide a very strong experience. "What will we do with a drunken whaler? Slice his throat with a rusty cleaver Early in the morning." 8/10 Expand
  59. Jul 28, 2014
    Best Game of 2012 no doubt case closed!!! If you like stealth or just going full rambo style cutting people's heads off this game is all for you! 10/10 and this game will always have a special place in my heart :)
  60. Jul 22, 2014
    This game deserves far more sales than it got. It feels like what the new Thief game should have been. The controls are tight, the story is interesting and the stealth mechanics work well. I have played through three times since I bought it at release and enjoyed it at all times. Probably my third favourite game, with only The Last of Us and Bioshock Infinite surpassing it. HighlyThis game deserves far more sales than it got. It feels like what the new Thief game should have been. The controls are tight, the story is interesting and the stealth mechanics work well. I have played through three times since I bought it at release and enjoyed it at all times. Probably my third favourite game, with only The Last of Us and Bioshock Infinite surpassing it. Highly recommended, especially since you can get it really cheap now.

Also, this is blatant bragging but I had the second highest score in the world for the "Back Alley Brawl" DLC for a few weeks at one point.
  61. Jul 22, 2014
    Good story, good game play, well balanced stealth and promising playing time for a single player game. I've deducted points because of very long books and notes you'll find in game, which most probably you won't read because of the lenght; and number of bugs. In addition to that, game becomes repetitive fairly quickly. If you have time to waste, I can recommend it. If you are looking forGood story, good game play, well balanced stealth and promising playing time for a single player game. I've deducted points because of very long books and notes you'll find in game, which most probably you won't read because of the lenght; and number of bugs. In addition to that, game becomes repetitive fairly quickly. If you have time to waste, I can recommend it. If you are looking for something more serious fun, pass it. After 2nd mission, everything else is rinse & repeat. Expand
  62. Jul 18, 2014
    What a great game. I love it that I was given the choice to avoid killing, and I made it all the way through my first run without killing a single person. I sat down for my next run, intending to try the game with a different tack... and still didn't kill anyone. It just didn't make sense that a man who was trying to prove his innocence of one murder would kill other people in thatWhat a great game. I love it that I was given the choice to avoid killing, and I made it all the way through my first run without killing a single person. I sat down for my next run, intending to try the game with a different tack... and still didn't kill anyone. It just didn't make sense that a man who was trying to prove his innocence of one murder would kill other people in that process, and the game's ability to answer that throws a harsh light on so many other redemption stories in which more killing is mandatory.

The AI is not the best, to say the least, which is problematic for a stealth game. In some ways, their predictable natures and poor decision-making skills makes the NPCs into useful opponents; you can watch their patterns and wait for your moment. However, this does knock you out of the game a little bit and makes the clockwork of the game too apparent when it should be invisible, and it also diminishes your own feelings of smartness when you outwit these stupid guards.

Another downside is that in order to connect with the story, you have to scour every area and find some essential messages that are hidden behind secret walls. It would be very easy not to see some vital story notes even if you were being pretty careful about hunting around, and that's a problem. We're looking at a game which, although environments have many branches, are mostly quite tight pathways within themselves. I guess that these little gems were hidden away with the expectation that almost all players would be motivated to hunt them all, but my conversations with many Dishonored players proves otherwise - I knew many things that they did not.

Overall though, this is a great game with a new movement mechanic, and the DLC is for once not only good but essential - some of the best moments of the game are inside that extra content.
  63. Jul 16, 2014
    The gameplay perfect (stealth and combat), the storyline was perfect, EVERYTHING was perfect! Also this game had few open world attributes, that I really liked!! This is the best game I ever played!!!
  64. Jul 7, 2014
    Fantastic game.
    Fantastic game.
    Interesting fact - the art director of this game also did Half Life 2. Notice how the enemies remind you of the combine and the technology is drawn from the same cloth. I bought this game on the stream sale last month and have played it several times. Sadly games like this do not come out very often but when they do it really shows just what this medium can offer as a way of telling stories.
  65. Jul 3, 2014
    I loved the universe and the gameplay.
    BUT
    Game: BE PISSED-OFF ABOUT LIFE ! Me: Why? Game: Because. Look. They killed the emperess Me: Who is she? Do I know her? Game: NO TIME TO EXPLAIN. REVENGE! Me: But seriously, who is she? And those guys here? Who the hell are they? Game: ARE YOU PISSED-OFF OR WHAT? Me: not... really ... I guess i should... It's looks like those guys are
    I loved the universe and the gameplay.
    BUT

Game: BE PISSED-OFF ABOUT LIFE !
    Me: Why?
    Game: Because. Look. They killed the emperess
    Me: Who is she? Do I know her?
    Game: NO TIME TO EXPLAIN. REVENGE!
    Me: But seriously, who is she? And those guys here? Who the hell are they?
    Game: ARE YOU PISSED-OFF OR WHAT?
    Me: not... really ... I guess i should... It's looks like those guys are the bad guys and I'm the good guy and...
    Game: CMON LETS GO REVENGE...
    Me: if you say so... I will try to do as you say, but I still can't feel any tension in me...
    Game: HERE YOU TAKE WEAPONS AND **** AND GO HAVE FUN
    Me: mhh ok... But really I don't know those guys... And you who are you?
    Game: damn this player is such a mess....
  66. Jul 2, 2014
    Dishonored - Example of perfect game nowadays.
    The story, the gameplay, the theme, it's everything perfectly combined.
    In this Steampunk Stealth Action-Adventure FPS video game, you are a noble, who was dishonored, intentionally accused for a murder you haven't done and sent to prison. Your purpose is to become an assassin with given special powers and cleanse yourself! 10/10 Best
    Dishonored - Example of perfect game nowadays.
    The story, the gameplay, the theme, it's everything perfectly combined.

10/10 Best Stealth Game EVER
  67. Jul 2, 2014
    Not sure why this game got 91 on metacritic, does not deserve it sorry. Its average at best and trying so hard to be Thief, Deus Ex and Bioshock it hurts to look at....whoever the writers are need to look up the word pseudo, because that's what you are and that's what this game is, a pseudo game written by pseudo writers.....Don't believe the hype kids. Bioshock Infinite is a fresh crispNot sure why this game got 91 on metacritic, does not deserve it sorry. Its average at best and trying so hard to be Thief, Deus Ex and Bioshock it hurts to look at....whoever the writers are need to look up the word pseudo, because that's what you are and that's what this game is, a pseudo game written by pseudo writers.....Don't believe the hype kids. Bioshock Infinite is a fresh crisp raspberry, Dishonoured is one made by a 3d printer. Expand
  68. Jun 29, 2014
    Overall the game was fun and worth playing but my main problem with it is that it is too short. I beat the game in about 12 hours including my random, murderous rampages. DLC doesn't count there should have been more content in the original package.
  69. Jun 25, 2014
    Dishonored has been one of my favourite gaming experience. The story and the gameplay will change with your way of dealing with the enemies, which adds a replay value for those interested, and the special powers are very well integrated in the story.

The music is perfect, from the trailer to the last song of the game, making the atmosphere very dark and spooky Never have I been so

Never have I been so implicated in a storyline. I mean I REALLY wanted to kill the bad guys and I even realized at the end that I had just killed everyone in a rage run at some point, although I started the game all stealthy "because I was a good guy". The story really made me change my character's personality, and that's why I give a 9.5 to this game

The last 0.5 would have gone the a longer storyline. I think the story could have been longer, and the "special power" part a bit more developed.

Conclusion : A game for thieves and for warriors too, a fantastic journey in a dark world. Get it for nearly nothing on Steam !
  70. Jun 23, 2014
    This game is definitely up there. But it's not for everyone. I personally did not like the OP zapping and possessing abilities that the game so readily gives to you near the beginning. The story is also very shallow, and I couldn't keep my interest invested in it. It's still got good gameplay mechanics. And I still enjoyed zapping from the shadows to knock someone out then zap back. But IThis game is definitely up there. But it's not for everyone. I personally did not like the OP zapping and possessing abilities that the game so readily gives to you near the beginning. The story is also very shallow, and I couldn't keep my interest invested in it. It's still got good gameplay mechanics. And I still enjoyed zapping from the shadows to knock someone out then zap back. But I feel it was missing a few things. I wouldn't recommend a buy without some research on whether you'd truly like it or not first. If you see this game and you're not feeling it, chances are you shouldn't buy it. Expand
  71. Jun 23, 2014
    Story:
    Story:
    After returning from a foreign voyage to seek aid with the deadly plague ravaging the city, Corvo Attano travels to the tower of Dunwall and meets with the Empress. After delivering a message, they are attacked by teleporting assassins led by Daud; they magically restrain Corvo, kill the Empress and kidnap her daughter Emily. Corvo then is blamed for the murder and is sentenced to execution. He breaks out, and together with him and a conspiracy group, He has to avenge the empress's death. The story here is essentially Corvo doing contracts for this group in order to get to the newly crowned emperor Lord Regent. Each contract being somehow related to Regent. The story here is nothing special or original. What is original here is the city of Dunwall that the game takes place in. The "plaque" that ravages the city really does make you feel uncomfortable and a little sad to see how much of the city is ruined because of it. I also liked how similar this game's plaque is to the real life Bubonic plaque right down to how it spreaded with rats. All the characters here are well voiced, even if they're aren't unique, and some of them are likeable. The biggest problem with the characters is with Corvo mostly due to how he's another generic "mute" protagonist. Some of the scenes with him and with some of the other other characters could've been more interesting and emotionally compelling but because he never talks (outside of simple grunts while in gameplay), those scenes feel more awkward and uninteresting instead. A message to Arkane Studios: Why give your protagonist an actual face if your not gonna give him a proper voice actor. Besides a predictable plot and an uninteresting mute, the story here is service-able. 6/10

Gameplay:
    The biggest strength of this game is in the gameplay seeing as how the exceptional level design and multiple ways of completing contracts makes the gameplay fun along with good replayability. Now while you can't get different swords and pistols, you can still upgrade them as well as upgrading your supernatural powers. These special powers are: teleportation, possessing animals and humans, unleashing a swarm of deadly rats, seeing through walls, releasing a gust of wind that knocks back or kills enemies, and slowing/stopping time. You can upgrade these along with some nice perks to boost your stealth and combat skills. You can also use a heart (literally) to help find runes to upgrade your powers and bone charms which serve as perks. When caught, you can use your sword, pistol, or crossbow (all of these including ammo type can be upgraded using blueprints) to silence your victims. Because of the excellent level design, the game presents you with multiple ways of getting to your target and eliminating your target. Think Hitman but with super powers and no clothes changing. The game also has side missions that you can do for rewards, and the gameplay has affects that happen based on how you play. Completing side missions and completing missions with low chaos (stealthy way) will have characters behaving differently along with a different final mission structure than if you were to go loud and kill everyone. On a side note, this is one of the few stealth games where you can incapacitate an enemy rather than killing him/her if you're interested in not getting your hands dirty. I also liked the dialogue that happens between guards and contracts and the A.I. does a solid job of being a challenge. The only problem I have with the gameplay actually has nothing to do with how the game plays. The problem here is there's NO new game plus, and for a game like this that encourages replaying missions, that can be a big problem for some players including me. What if I wanted to try the entire game using all my newfound powers and upgrades without killing anyone? Well, I'm out of luck unless there's a mod for it somewhere. The gameplay here is fantastic, but because of the lack of new game plus, I'm afraid that outside of achievement/trophy hunting, I'm not sure if I'll be returning to Dunwall anytime soon. 8/10

Graphics:
    The game looks good at max settings. Dunwall is quite a city to look at, facial models and lip-synching are good, the textures are ok, and the lighting does a great job. The game looks good, but not really mindblowing. 7/10

Sound:
    All the in-game sound effects are nice to hear, and the score does a really great job at building tension when you get spotted. Outside of combat, the score plays some nice background tunes as you're exploring Dunwall. The music here fits the world of Dunwall greatly. 8/10

Verdict:
    Dishonored could've been one of the all time greatest stealth games ever despite having a weak story, but the lack of new game plus really hurts this game the same way it hurt Bioshock: Infinite. I'd still say buy it, but if you want great replayability, then I'd suggest sticking with Hitman. At least he gets to keep his weapons.

Rating: 8/10
  72. Jun 23, 2014
    Excellent stealth dystopia. SCORE 95/100.

Steampunk dystopian Hitman Absolution. That, by the way, makes for an awesome game. Superb controls, good RPG upgrade system, extremely cool story, and graphics that still look great almost 2 years later. If you like Assassin's Creed, Watch Dogs, Hitman, Thief, Bioshock, Deus Ex, or Tomb Raider - then you will think this game is simply a
    Excellent stealth dystopia. SCORE 95/100.

If you like Assassin's Creed, Watch Dogs, Hitman, Thief, Bioshock, Deus Ex, or Tomb Raider - then you will think this game is simply a masterpiece. You will not soon forget it.
  73. Jun 22, 2014
    I was looking forward to buy this game when on a Steam discount, expecting it to be something like a steampunkt Deus Ex, but it turned out as an disappointment for me. The game looks good, the settings are lovely and original, and it's obvious there is a lot of work and polishing behind the game, but it just didn't fit my tastes too well, and I quit playing it after several hours. DunnoI was looking forward to buy this game when on a Steam discount, expecting it to be something like a steampunkt Deus Ex, but it turned out as an disappointment for me. The game looks good, the settings are lovely and original, and it's obvious there is a lot of work and polishing behind the game, but it just didn't fit my tastes too well, and I quit playing it after several hours. Dunno what is wrong with the game, but somehow the game play isn't fun for me. Still obviously a well made game that can be fun for many others. Expand
  74. Jun 21, 2014
    OK action/stealth game. Way overrated by the critic reviews in my opinion. The game doesn't really bring anything new to the genre, the story is OK at best and the graphics are a bit so so at times.
  75. Jun 15, 2014
    Gameplay is top notch. The ability to take different paths through levels makes for interesting capabilities and plenty of replay value. I recommend playing the game at least twice, once killing everyone and one killing nobody (particularly to compare the differences in the end-game).

It's actually easier to play the game when killing is allowed, as if you make a mistake on a stealthy attack, you can expect nearby hostiles to notice you, and there's very few non-lethal ways to take out enemies (which is kind of disappointing). For example, the tallboys cannot be taken out in a non-lethal way at all. Similarly, most weapons and traps are lethal.

One major complaint I have is how light is not very useful. The main problem is that with the exception of candles, you cannot take out light sources.

The AI is typically fairly believable. One thing in particular that I liked was how the guards would notice if there should have been other guards in an area. However, you'll occasionally hear guards muttering about "knowing you're there" when they haven't seen you or any evidence of you. Guards also suck at vertical vision. You just need a little height advantage and you're as good as invisible.

The story is somewhat weak. It's fairly predictable and cliched. The environments, however, are top notch in terms of detail and immersion. I could do with the game being a little longer (my non-lethal, all collectables playthrough took approximately 15 hours), but with the replay value, Dishonored is a solid title for approximately 30 hours of play.
  76. Jun 11, 2014
    This is one of the most groundbreaking games ever made!

Pros:
    Excellent Visuals
    Strong Gameplay
    Moral Choice System
    Steampunk Setting Mastered

Cons:
    Ending(s)

Overall, this game will blow your mind!
  77. Jun 6, 2014
    Excellent game, i enjoyed a lot this game, very good looking graphics, good ambientation, very comfortable controls, hope this game is the first of a succesfull franchise. The storyline is very complete, with pros and contras, but looking at the details you can see how well designed this game is. The only problem i have was with some executions, too quick executions, not too creative. TheExcellent game, i enjoyed a lot this game, very good looking graphics, good ambientation, very comfortable controls, hope this game is the first of a succesfull franchise. The storyline is very complete, with pros and contras, but looking at the details you can see how well designed this game is. The only problem i have was with some executions, too quick executions, not too creative. The enemy IA is okay, and you can go around being stealth or fighting like a man, i love the realistic effects in the combat system. The game is linear but at the same time it give you the oportunity to explore and search for runes and stuff, rescue people or just enjoy the beautiful landscapes. Overall is a great game, but it is not perfect. I totally recommend this game, it's a very decent release. Expand
  78. Jun 2, 2014
    I found this game incredibly engaging, the first time I played it I hacked, slashed, gunned, and killed everything that I could and quickly discovered that my actions were affecting the entire game in a way I didn't like. I finished the game and went back to play it with stealth and loved the experience. I am not really an achievement chaser (in fact I usually just try to finish the gameI found this game incredibly engaging, the first time I played it I hacked, slashed, gunned, and killed everything that I could and quickly discovered that my actions were affecting the entire game in a way I didn't like. I finished the game and went back to play it with stealth and loved the experience. I am not really an achievement chaser (in fact I usually just try to finish the game and put it aside), yet I have replayed levels and the game a number of times attempting to best my last performance. I would put this game and Deus Ex: Human Revolution as two of my favorite games that I recently played, yet this one still comes out far ahead of Deus Ex. I found it far less linear and more enjoyable on replays. Overall, I would say this is one of the best games I have ever played. Expand
  79. Jun 2, 2014
    Dishonest is one of those rare games that appears out of nowhere and does almost everything right.
    From the amazing characters and script, to the beautiful art style and environments.
    The true achievement of this game was its ability to fully immerse me into its character rich world, filled with unique game-play and ever so amazing stealth mechanics. Not many 1st person games have

Not many 1st person games have made think about the consequences of my actions.
    There are multiple endings to this game; depending of course, what path you choose to take.

Action, mixed with stealth and puzzles a plenty. Dishonest has achieved to find the correct balance, that so many games fail to capture, while being able to offer a great story.

If your growing ever tired of the annual onslaught of military shooters being offered; Dishonest may be just the game you have been looking for. Especially if you looking for something a little more cerebral.
  80. May 18, 2014
    I've spent about 58 hours, and frankly I want more :). This game may look cartoon-ish, but please don't be fooled by this - the game tests your humaneness from its 1st second till its last one: you may kill every foe you see, or you may kill no one at all - it's up to you. And like Sir Isaac Newton said, every action has a reaction (simple form) - I mean, whatever you do in the game, allI've spent about 58 hours, and frankly I want more :). This game may look cartoon-ish, but please don't be fooled by this - the game tests your humaneness from its 1st second till its last one: you may kill every foe you see, or you may kill no one at all - it's up to you. And like Sir Isaac Newton said, every action has a reaction (simple form) - I mean, whatever you do in the game, all your actions have a consequences.
    The main part of the game is dedicated to Corvo. Alas, he is silent, which I don't like. But in the add-on (The Knife of Dunwall, Brigmore Witches), you're playing as Daud, who is much more talkative. Well, Michael Madsen, as Daud, is fun.
    For those who love stealth games, especially Thief 1&2&3: IMHO, this game is more Thief-esque than the last Thief (2014). It has a good story, a nice NPCs and their dialogues, a lot of perfectly hidden stashes with loot, and you're free to hide from your foes and neutralize them in old Thief style - by sneaking from behind. Also, the game has a lot of tributes to the Thief series, so you'll definitely smile every time you see them.
    Bottom line: it's a must-have.
  81. May 18, 2014
    Great game, I couldn't stop playing it until I finished, went to sleep at midnight, woke up at 7 and continued.
    The game is a stealth/action game, with sooooo many choices. Can't wait to play all the DLCs and to replay the game a few times.
  82. May 16, 2014
    Dishonored is a game that just feels right.
    It gets the game play perfect and cunningly inserts the use of steampunk weaponry and magic into a plot.
    I have never played a game quite like this one.
  83. May 13, 2014
    First off, I do want to say that I love the world that they've created - the locations, the characters (some are admittedly shallow/bland), the lore/history. I found myself wrapped up in it. Although admittedly the whole "Outsider" thing is very... odd. The graphics and the sounds are good enough too. Yes, this type of plot has been done before, but why is that considered such a bad thingFirst off, I do want to say that I love the world that they've created - the locations, the characters (some are admittedly shallow/bland), the lore/history. I found myself wrapped up in it. Although admittedly the whole "Outsider" thing is very... odd. The graphics and the sounds are good enough too. Yes, this type of plot has been done before, but why is that considered such a bad thing to warrant such a low score? How many movies, shows, books, and songs have the same themes and storylines over and over and over again?

Second, while this is dubbed as a stealth action game, I do have to admit that the options for stealth are fairly limited (mostly blink+choke or blink+avoid or maybe a sleep dart here and there). Plus you really can go around running and gunning, although on the harder difficulties that's obviously more of a challenge to do. However, I still found myself enjoying the gameplay and I don't think it's bad but I don't think it's great either. It's definitely not as complex as you would think.

Third, I do have gripes about the game although they're relatively minor. My biggest gripe would have to be the lack of options for equipment. You're basically stuck with a sword, a pistol, and a crossbow. I'm a sucker for new items and equipment in games so I was somewhat disappointed when I found that you don't use anything other than those three main items. Of course, there's the whole magic component, but that's a different matter.

Honestly, for all those people asking for something completely new or different, I wish you the best of luck. Those games are rare for a reason: coming up with completely new material that not only works well but sells well is extremely difficult nowadays. Not to mention all you whiners about "they stole this from that game" etc etc... you do realize that every single step of progress humanity has ever made was because of "stolen" ideas/material from what we've done in the past?

Overall, I enjoyed this game. While not a perfect 10, it's a solid albeit short game and one that I'd recommend to my friends.
  84. May 10, 2014
    Best game I ever played and I've played a lot. Beautiful dark and gritty steampunk setting and nice graphics. Even after two years it still works. But, don't be a fool and run around killing everyone. You'll finish the game in a few hours you're in for a bland and shallow experience like some critics here state. Try to play the game unnoticed by your enemies or at least try killing nobodyBest game I ever played and I've played a lot. Beautiful dark and gritty steampunk setting and nice graphics. Even after two years it still works. But, don't be a fool and run around killing everyone. You'll finish the game in a few hours you're in for a bland and shallow experience like some critics here state. Try to play the game unnoticed by your enemies or at least try killing nobody and you're in for hours of good, sometimes frustrating game play. Expand
  85. May 6, 2014
    hugely impressed by this game, tons of fun and has so much replay-ability that you can have fun with it for 20+ hours. The chaos system is also a cool addition even though its nothing new, the whole good/bad has been seen before but with separate endings for each level of chaos (good and bad that is) it means you can play the game a second time to find out how it ends for the other type ofhugely impressed by this game, tons of fun and has so much replay-ability that you can have fun with it for 20+ hours. The chaos system is also a cool addition even though its nothing new, the whole good/bad has been seen before but with separate endings for each level of chaos (good and bad that is) it means you can play the game a second time to find out how it ends for the other type of play-through, but instead of playing the exact same game and only having a different ending, the game itself changes as you play in either good or bad, it doesn't change drastically but enough that you notice it and even small things like dialogue or ennemy position change. They have also gone for the scavenger mechanic, where there is loot scaterred across the levels for you to find, and these levels, finding all of it can be a real challenge because the levels are HUGE and have many paths for you to discover to complete the level (you can literally finish the entire game without having to kill anyone, at all). The gameplay is slightly different but not super different, some have found it boring but i believe its still pretty good. This being a stealth(ish) game, it doesnt do that well in the actual stealth, it's to basic, hiding behind walls and peeking out to see your ennemis is about as far as it goes. However the devs decided to put in a series of spells which can be used to do some pretty crazy stuff, blink is the main spell that is a short teleport of a sort and you can do some pretty cool stuff with it, but what really caries this game for me is the crazy combinations of spells you can do in combat or to setup to best ambush ever. so in summary, cool choices to make story wise, fun and inventive combat, nice art style and levels ,plenty of replay-ability, believable storyline, not many interesting characters, boring stealth mechanics. Expand
  86. Apr 27, 2014
    High replay-ability. Awesome story, graphics, environment, everything!
    Bethesda always seems to make great games, the DLCs are well worth it and add to the main story in a way not many can accomplish
  87. Apr 16, 2014
    O Dishonored é algo de especial, é o primeiro titulo do que muito provavelmente se vai tornar num novo franchise de videojogos. É um jogo na primeira pessoa, numa era victoriana com um visual estilizado de pintura a óleo onde somos um assassino com uma mascara bonita onde podemos jogar entre dois oposto, podemos ser um assassino invisível e passar todo o jogo sem matar uma única alma, ouO Dishonored é algo de especial, é o primeiro titulo do que muito provavelmente se vai tornar num novo franchise de videojogos. É um jogo na primeira pessoa, numa era victoriana com um visual estilizado de pintura a óleo onde somos um assassino com uma mascara bonita onde podemos jogar entre dois oposto, podemos ser um assassino invisível e passar todo o jogo sem matar uma única alma, ou podemos jogar como um shooter onde temos poderes mágicos e matamos todos os inimigos que aparecem entre nos e o nosso objectivo, e tudo o que se possa imaginar pelo meio.

Lê o resto da review em:
  88. Apr 15, 2014
    Perfect. Chapters are sewn together seamlessly. The stealth was enough to take you biting your nails. The nonlinear ending was also good, making it a replayable game. Simply perfect.
  89. Mar 31, 2014
    As far as the gameplay goes, it's excellent.
    Stealth mechanics are superb. interesting level design with multiple ways to complete each mission.
    The story decent, but my main gripe is the characters themselves: voice acting is meh, dialogues are boring and and overall pretty dull. plus the protagonist is silent so you don't really gets attacked to him. (although he is not customized)
    As far as the gameplay goes, it's excellent.
    Overall had a lot of fun, but could have been much better.
  90. Mar 27, 2014
    Dishonored is EASILY my favorite stealth game of all time. While its story isn't the best, it's like DayZ where the stories you tell are the best. It mixes unique stealth gameplay with original powers to craft an experience unlike any Assassin's Creed. Thief or Hitman. The standard combat isn't very good, but it isn't the objective. Still, you can have TONS of fun with combat by mixingDishonored is EASILY my favorite stealth game of all time. While its story isn't the best, it's like DayZ where the stories you tell are the best. It mixes unique stealth gameplay with original powers to craft an experience unlike any Assassin's Creed. Thief or Hitman. The standard combat isn't very good, but it isn't the objective. Still, you can have TONS of fun with combat by mixing powers together to create devastating results. For example, you can windblast someone off a bridge, freeze time, warp to the ground and drop a spring trap, and watch the falling carcass get ripped apart. It's hysterical how fun the powers are to use. While some levels are more tedious than others, the exceptional levels are the ones I've remembered to this day. The game is memorable, fun, fast paced for a stealth game, and tells its story with efficiency. The only thing it's missing is an end-game where you could run around areas you've gone in using those powers of yours to find creative ways to down your foes. That would've made this the best game I've ever played. It still scores a 10/10 with me because of its gameplay. Despite the lack of any replay value if you play stealth, it's a great creativity device, and it is actually still worth replaying if you enjoy murdering guards with combinations of powers and a well-placed bullet.
    This game is a lot like Bioshock Infinite, if you think of it. The stories are both dystopias, both involve rescuing a damsel in distress, both are around the 10-12 hour mark with no end-game or save files, both take place before 2000 (It's hard to tell with Dishonored. It seems to take place in a steampunk society, to a degree.), and both involve extraterrestrial powers (Except that Bioshock explains them as Vigors, while Dishonored states that they originate from the Mark of the Outsider.)
    The DLC for Dishonored adds a whole new world, and does DLC right for an accurate price.
    This game was worth every penny, and I don't think I'll ever play a better stealth game.
    The game plays a silent protagonist extremely well. It's more fitting than a protagonist like, say, Garret from Thief. Corvo fits better as a silent protagonist, except, that you feel for him and his story, which motivates you to play to the end. This game tells its story flawlessly, its protagonist is silent yet memorable, and it is FUN AS HELL.
  91. Mar 16, 2014
    Just finished playing GOTY edition of the game and it was great, I don't have much to complain about. You can try either a stealth or more hands on approach (lethal or non-lethal) and it works both ways. The game leaves it up to you to find many creative ways of neutralizing enemies and it affects how it all ends. Story is nothing new really just your typically save the day lazy story thatJust finished playing GOTY edition of the game and it was great, I don't have much to complain about. You can try either a stealth or more hands on approach (lethal or non-lethal) and it works both ways. The game leaves it up to you to find many creative ways of neutralizing enemies and it affects how it all ends. Story is nothing new really just your typically save the day lazy story that you find everywhere but it works I suppose. The 2 story DLC's are also very good. Expand
  92. Mar 2, 2014
    It's a perfectly executed stealth system, at least, perfect in a gameplay sense. It may not have the intricate realism of Hitman, but it's so fun; its a game I can keep coming back to. (I've done about 11 playthroughs of the main campaign and about 4 on each DLC.) Combat is fun, stealth is fun, the story is original and nice, the level design is brilliant, and the mechanics are fresh. WhatIt's a perfectly executed stealth system, at least, perfect in a gameplay sense. It may not have the intricate realism of Hitman, but it's so fun; its a game I can keep coming back to. (I've done about 11 playthroughs of the main campaign and about 4 on each DLC.) Combat is fun, stealth is fun, the story is original and nice, the level design is brilliant, and the mechanics are fresh. What else can you ask for? Well worth it.
    And it has maybe the best achievement list of any game ever.
  93. Mar 2, 2014
    I love this game.

I've played through it 3 times in full, and plan to play all the DLC as well. The world it's in, the experience of choosing revenge or rising above, the variety of fun "toys" with which to take down foes...it all adds up to a great game. I own both the pc and the ps3 version (well I gave the ps3 to a friend, but wanted to play it again and got the pc version) and
    I love this game.

I own both the pc and the ps3 version (well I gave the ps3 to a friend, but wanted to play it again and got the pc version) and I'd say the pc is slightly (but only slightly) inferior to to ps3. I almost always prefer games on pc, but in this case, I've noticed the gameplay is ever so slightly less smooth.

Rare for me, if you have both a pc and a ps3, buy the ps3 version...but if no ps3, don't hesitate for a second to buy it on pc. It's a wonderful game.
  94. Feb 25, 2014
    This game isn't terrible any means its just tedious and dull. The main character corvo has got to be the most uninteresting protagonist ever created. The game does nothing to motivated you to care about any of the characters at all. The combat system is decent. You can use firearms special abilities and your sword but that too get boring rather quickly like the stealth aspect does. TheThis game isn't terrible any means its just tedious and dull. The main character corvo has got to be the most uninteresting protagonist ever created. The game does nothing to motivated you to care about any of the characters at all. The combat system is decent. You can use firearms special abilities and your sword but that too get boring rather quickly like the stealth aspect does. The game does give you choices in how to navigate to your target and how to eliminate your target but that's the only freedom you really get... the levels are small areas you can travel but you won't find anything interesting anyway. The game is definitely too linear for my tastes.. its a good thing I bought this game when it was on sale. Expand
  95. Feb 22, 2014
    Love this game. I love all the choices you can make. I particularly love that not only can you always use stealth but the rooftops and gangways are well developed and fun--not just a toss in. Also, you can sneak as a human or as a rat or other animal or person. I also love that you can play through the entire game only having to kill 2 or 3 NPCs. The world is cohesive, the art isLove this game. I love all the choices you can make. I particularly love that not only can you always use stealth but the rooftops and gangways are well developed and fun--not just a toss in. Also, you can sneak as a human or as a rat or other animal or person. I also love that you can play through the entire game only having to kill 2 or 3 NPCs. The world is cohesive, the art is great, the NPCs are engaging. All around best FPS game I've ever played. I wish there were more games like this! Expand
  96. Feb 21, 2014
    Great game. Super fun and challenging to play if you choose the complete stealth route. Not a whole lot of story but I mainly gravitated toward the game play. Lots of fun!
  97. Feb 16, 2014
    I just finished " Dishonored " and I have to say the game is a masterpiece , memorable characters and dark atmosphere exactly how I like it . Artwork looks decent , the music in the game despite the gloomy climate is pleasant to the ear . The only reason could find fault with this linearity, we are led by the hand from point A to point B, but the authors tried to cover it up and gave usI just finished " Dishonored " and I have to say the game is a masterpiece , memorable characters and dark atmosphere exactly how I like it . Artwork looks decent , the music in the game despite the gloomy climate is pleasant to the ear . The only reason could find fault with this linearity, we are led by the hand from point A to point B, but the authors tried to cover it up and gave us some alternative routes . From turn off the gates of light , transform into a rat and use of drains, by climbing the roof to the elimination the enemies in the "classic" way . When it comes to the arsenal we have available: Crossbow ( incendiary bolts , hypnotic ) , guns ( bullets exploding) any of our weapons , we can improve (range, reload speed , number of rounds) . In the game we collect Runes and Bone Charms , which significantly facilitate our game-play . Absolutely excellent game , in terms of history narrated in it . With a pure heart, I can recommend the game to anyone. Expand
  98. Feb 14, 2014
    The "chaos" system makes this game feel quite unique. I really liked to see that killing or not really affects the world, not just the ending. Also, the game has a true meele combat system, that makes swordsplaying really fun.
  99. Feb 11, 2014
    This game is probably one of the most enjoyable I've played in a while. The world they made for this game is extremely interesting, and the atmosphere easily makes half the game. The missions are extremely detailed with multiple routes to take to the objective, although I'll have to point out that in a way the game black mails you into nonlethal solutions by giving you a "worse" endingThis game is probably one of the most enjoyable I've played in a while. The world they made for this game is extremely interesting, and the atmosphere easily makes half the game. The missions are extremely detailed with multiple routes to take to the objective, although I'll have to point out that in a way the game black mails you into nonlethal solutions by giving you a "worse" ending the more people you kill. While the high chaos ending where you killed a lot of people isn't happy, it's in my opinion the best one since I feel it fits with the overall theme of the game. The game is very polished, I only encountered a bug after 30 hours of playing. It's also very replayable, I was amazed at how much I over looked in the game when I played it the second time. The stealth and combat are very good and you have a great variety of abilities which let you do a lot of creative ways to get through things, and it's true variety, not just 30 weapons that all do the same thing. The only ability that's bad is dark vision, not because it's not useful, but because it's too useful and it feels like cheating to be able see basically everything of interest through walls at such a low mana usage. Otherwise the gameplay is great, but not hard enough. The guards can easily kill you if you insist on only using sword, but if you mix things up it's not very difficult, with some exceptions. I gave this game a 10/10 not because it was perfect but because there was nothing more you could really expect out of it that would significantly improve it. Hopefully in the next game they make it a little harder, because right now it's way to easy to get out of combat once you're in it most times, and they should remove dark vision and replace it with something else like telekinesis to pull things to you or something. Expand
  100. Feb 6, 2014
    Wonderful! Mesmerizing! Smashing! I haven't played a better game than this. Can stop myself from play it over and over again. If you are looking for a game with inspiring story, neat graphics and addictive gameplay, this is it!!!
  101. Oct 16, 2012
    I have learned my lesson. Never again will I trust the word of a video game "journalist." It's quite obvious these guys are being paid for favorable reviews. My fault for ever believing them, I guess. Dishonored is a shallow, boring, tedious game. The stealth mechanic- so highly touted in previews and trailers- is utterly lacking in complexity and challenge. "Blink" behind a guy, choke himI have learned my lesson. Never again will I trust the word of a video game "journalist." It's quite obvious these guys are being paid for favorable reviews. My fault for ever believing them, I guess. Dishonored is a shallow, boring, tedious game. The stealth mechanic- so highly touted in previews and trailers- is utterly lacking in complexity and challenge. "Blink" behind a guy, choke him to sleep, stash his body in a dumpster, rinse, repeat. That's the whole game right there. It gets old very quickly, as do the sword fighting and gunslinging. Playing with all the toys in your arsenal is fun at first, but the charm quickly wears off and descends into boredom. The story is thin as matzo. The setting is cool, sure, but no effort is put into characterization, especially with Corvo- yet another dull, silent protagonist- and the game suffers for it. You don't care about the heroes, and you don't hate the villains. The big twist isn't shocking in the least, and the ending feels rushed and incomplete. The writing is passable, but nothing special. This dreck would barely earn a C in an entry level creative writing course. The graphics and art design are Dishonored's saving grace. Dunwall is gorgeously realized, and the game runs beautifully on the PC. The world Arkane has created is truly a work of art. If only they had harnessed its full potential. In the hands of a better developer, this game could have reached its full potential. Collapse

1. PC Master (Greece)
    Feb 6, 2013
    We can draw comparisons with other titles all day, but everything is based on something. Dishonored remains a unique gem in a beautiful, yet chaotic world, with flawless gameplay. [December 2012]
  2. Nov 9, 2012
    Dishonored rarely challenges the players, but it doesn't take them for fools, either, so that's an achievement compared to other games in the genre. Just don't expect strokes of genius like the Shalebridge Cradle level from Thief: Deadly Shadows.
  3. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Nov 4, 2012
    Dishonored injects new life into stealth actions and their sophisticated worlds. Awesome work in every detail. [Nov 2012]