6.9

1. Feb 7, 2013
    This is a very good game. I really don't understand all the criticism. Graphics are decent, artwork is great, story is a bit predictable but then again good v bad always is. Lots of customizations. Extra levels for the keys you find. Voice acting OK. Music by Noisia pretty good. I have played DMC games before and this doesn't stand out negatively. The comments regarding 'its not the realThis is a very good game. I really don't understand all the criticism. Graphics are decent, artwork is great, story is a bit predictable but then again good v bad always is. Lots of customizations. Extra levels for the keys you find. Voice acting OK. Music by Noisia pretty good. I have played DMC games before and this doesn't stand out negatively. The comments regarding 'its not the real Dante any more' really remind me of Mass Effect 3 backlash. Unfair. Expand
  2. Jan 26, 2013
    Great game getting lots of hate from the mindless **** that are all bent out of shape that its not a sequel from the last one and that they changed his hair its really sad that so many people will read what they have wrote and skip this game since it turned out to be a rather enjoyable play
  3. Jan 26, 2013
    This is the second DmC game I have ever played, the first one actually being DmC4 (I never beat it, played till roughly the second/third boss and got bored). From the perspective of someone who is (somewhat) new to the franchise, the game is good. On it's own, it's a fun, action packed game full of slicing and shooting and destruction.

One thing that makes the game really awesome are

One thing that makes the game really awesome are the visuals. The levels all look very colorful and interesting, and Dante's animations are fluent and fun to watch.

A bad thing is the camera. I played this game with a keyboard and mouse, and had many frustrations during platforming sections.

If you're a fan of the original DMCs, and are resistant to change (looking at you Dante), I'd assume you'd hate the game for being different. If you are a newcomer like me, the game is fine, and is well worth a play-through or two. Now, excuse me, I gotta go beat the game on Hell and Hell mode......
  4. Jan 25, 2013
    Im glad to see there's some people with an open mind on here. Yeah they changed up dante and made the game easier to open up the audience. But deep down in side its still DMC and its a good game if you can get passed the changes. Graphics look great on my hires monitor and 3D vision support is a big plus too. Not to mention the game runs flawlessly which is an achievement in its own nowIm glad to see there's some people with an open mind on here. Yeah they changed up dante and made the game easier to open up the audience. But deep down in side its still DMC and its a good game if you can get passed the changes. Graphics look great on my hires monitor and 3D vision support is a big plus too. Not to mention the game runs flawlessly which is an achievement in its own now adays for any multiplatform game. I honestly think the combat is improved this time around too. Yeah the enemies are a bit easier and arent as cool as past dmc titles. But there is a wider variety in moves which should please past devil may cry fans like myself. DMC has never really been about the story in my opinion, i didnt exepect much this time around either. I came to hack and slash some demons and chain together some great combo moves and the game delivered on that aspect. I love the DMC series because there just plain fun gameplay wise. You crank the volume up, get presented with a swarm of enemies and just kick there asses in the most creative way you can come up with. Its just plain fun and can get you on the edge of your seat once you get the rythem going and you see the SSS flash up. Where devil may cry falls short in my opinion is just the presentation. Limbo is cool but they over did it, half way though the game it kind of looses all its exciting moments since you come to expect whats going to happen. Atleast the varied environments make up for some of it. I also miss the whole "crazy acrobatics slow motion" cut scenes too. The new dante isnt half bad, its awkward at first hearing the name dante and looking at him but half way though the game i accepted him the same way i excepted nero. To be honest hes really just a potty mouthed nero. There both punks with attitudes and think there the sh*t. So if you got over nero in DMC4 you will accept the new dante too. Game producers try new things with franchises all the time, its just the way the world works. I would rather have a new dante then not have a new DMC at all. So just because they went in a different direction doesnt mean the game is horrible like half the reviews on here say. If you can keep a open mind, buy the game, sit back and relax and prepare to kick some demon ass. Expand
  5. Jan 29, 2013
    At first I wasn't going to buy this game. I thought Bleh I hate that new Dante look. After a small boredom spell I broke down and bought it. Honestly it is a prequel with a modern day twist. A lot of the modern day technology we use today didn't exist then so it brought the series up to speed. It took a classic genre with a classic character and breathed new and vibrant life into.At first I wasn't going to buy this game. I thought Bleh I hate that new Dante look. After a small boredom spell I broke down and bought it. Honestly it is a prequel with a modern day twist. A lot of the modern day technology we use today didn't exist then so it brought the series up to speed. It took a classic genre with a classic character and breathed new and vibrant life into. Whoever said the writing is bad doesn't know anything about the character. The characters dialogue fits him to a T. The story and the undertones are amazing. As well as the allegories it subtly hid in. I think this game deserves the critic score it got because all in all I was really impressed even after coming in with very low hopes. I loved the game and I applaud the studio. I would love for then to continue the series from that game. To me it has potential for a game of the year nomination. Expand
  6. Jan 26, 2013
    I love the game. I hated the previous DmC games for being too steep.. no story just brainless hack-and-slash.
    This DmC has the Darksiders feeling and it feels really special. I never liked the Asian style of the last DmC games.
  7. Feb 6, 2013
    First the obvious. This is a remake (Remember that word) of an over-rated franchise that desperately needed it. Out of all the hack n slash games as of late such as DMC, God of War, Bayonetta, and Ninja Gaiden......DMC felt the most stale.
    The story was hilariously bad, the character was a pretty boy with long hair and really awful one liners spewing out of his mouth. Like most Japanese make games that are supposively adult he looked like an ugly anime girl with the personality of a 10 year old. The gameplay was solid and the graphics were fine but did not stand out. Capcom knew the franchise was falling behind the others and decided a shot in the arm was needed. So they call Ninja Theory.
    Ninja Theory are known for great production values mostly because of their incredible voice acting, emotion, and characters. They are also known for well recieved but commercial flops. So how did they do/
    Well this is a remake. Most gamers do not grasp that concept. So they have been on the net crying and complaining like teenage girls fighting over a guy. It has been a pathetic display and shows why gamers are considered genetic fumbles, geeks, and outsiders. Many franchises have seen reboot ps over the years and some have failed or succeeded. This one passes the test head over heals but the butthurt punks of the game community really outdid themselves with their metacritic hate and ignorance.
    The story is great. It sticks close enough to the original while taking out the ignorant banter most Japanese games in this genre are known for. In other words anyone can follow along and enjoy it. It has some great cutscenes to tell the story and move the narrative alone. Amazingly people have complained about this. (Metal Gear 4 gets a free pass though.....) It is easily the first DMC where I paid attention to what was going on.
    The difficulty took a step back but you can open up harder difficulties and the hard ones do pose a challenge.
    The gameplay is standard hack n slash and like a good reboot should, you develope more powers, combos, and such as you go. Like Ninja Theories other game Heavenly Sword, you have to use face button and trigger combos to switch weapon attacks. Takes getting used too. One cool thing that was added is the ability to ty out and switch out combo attacks.
    Dante is a likable character as well as the supporting cast. Some bosses make a return and again.....even though it is a remake the community cried. The choices were good with the bosses included but some of the fights are all too standard with what has already been done for the genre.
    The sound in more western metal instead of Japanese hair metal. It is more rugged and hard edged. The voice work is great which should be expected and the sound effects are well done. Nothing to complain about.
    The graphics and art are in my opinion the best in any hack n slash game that has been released. Not as technical as God of War 3 but the world is incredible. The rifts, shifting, lighting, and film grain and blups in the transfermation into limbo is awesome. Limbo is a screwed up place but the look is awesome. The first level was a shock to the senses and I actually had to train my eye to the art. Amazingly done.
    I do have a few complaints. The levels while they are cool does not get better as they go. They stay consistant but I was hoping for a big final. The boss fights as stated earlier are nothing new. A few on the character exchanges seem forced for shock value but it is miles ahead of the past titles. And finally some of the jumping movements, especially the air dashing can be a bit tricky.
    One last thing. I have seen a lot of crying about Dante saying "No way!" to the white wig during the game. I thought it was hilarious and was a direct attack on the babies who have cried foul this who cried foul the whole time. It said 2 things. 1- This is not the same DMC and 2- Ninja Theory has heard the cries and stayed course with their own vision. Any good dev worth their salt would of did the same thing.
    Well done Ninja Theory. The best hack n slash since Ninja Gaiden Black and a big middle finger to the drama queens.
  8. Apr 12, 2013
    I must admit that this Game is pretty damn EASY, so much easier than the 3rd and 4th. I got no problem beat the Dante Must Die mode just using 5 items and got SSS rank in every level in first try (eventhough i'm not a good DmC player), because the enemies behavior are so predictable compared to the 3rd and 4th (I got nightmare when play those two in DMD mode). By the way, This still anI must admit that this Game is pretty damn EASY, so much easier than the 3rd and 4th. I got no problem beat the Dante Must Die mode just using 5 items and got SSS rank in every level in first try (eventhough i'm not a good DmC player), because the enemies behavior are so predictable compared to the 3rd and 4th (I got nightmare when play those two in DMD mode). By the way, This still an Awesome game with great graphic and gameplay (story not good for me, like the 3rd better), and it's easier make it's a game for everyone who don't like hardcore. Expand
  9. May 13, 2013
    i start playing the dmc saga with this game, I understand the critics of the fans that are accustomed to the oldest games of dmc but this game is pretty and awesome, have a atractive graphic section and the characters look cool,they are young and with a hard personality, Dante have other style but i think it's good for make sense that he has evoluted with the years and the game combat it'si start playing the dmc saga with this game, I understand the critics of the fans that are accustomed to the oldest games of dmc but this game is pretty and awesome, have a atractive graphic section and the characters look cool,they are young and with a hard personality, Dante have other style but i think it's good for make sense that he has evoluted with the years and the game combat it's atractive and explisive, i like the music put in the combats it helps a lot to go into game Expand
  10. Feb 5, 2013
    This is what happens when people rate a game based on how it relates to the rest of the series instead of the merits of the game itself. I am a long-standing Devil May Cry fan. I own all the games and have run through them all on Dante Must Die, and I'm still capable of enjoying this new game because I'm not expecting it to be the same game as DmC 3 or 4, and honestly, expecting that isThis is what happens when people rate a game based on how it relates to the rest of the series instead of the merits of the game itself. I am a long-standing Devil May Cry fan. I own all the games and have run through them all on Dante Must Die, and I'm still capable of enjoying this new game because I'm not expecting it to be the same game as DmC 3 or 4, and honestly, expecting that is downright unreasonable. This is a reboot of the series made by a new developer, so QUIT GIVING IT ONES AND ZEROES. Moving on. The first thing I noticed is that this is an excellent PC port. While I played DmC 3 and 4 on their respective consoles due to the general crappiness of the ports, I played DmC on my computer and loved it. The graphics were astounding with the HD upgrades, and the combat was butter smooth at 90 FPS. The second thing I noticed was the voice acting. As much as I love the previous installments in the series, the voice acting has always been downright awful, and this change was a pleasant and welcome surprise. The third thing I noticed was that the combat was FUN, unlike what so many users will have you think. Sure, it's missing the style system and the Stylish Rank gauge has been declawed, but the combat is fast, fluid, and completely worthy of any previous DmC title. Sound, visual, and enemy design is perfect, without an iota of overstatement. Limbo is a thrilling, diverse, and visually stunning setting, and the level design reflects that with each group of levels taking you to a new and shockingly unique setting. The enemy design is delightfully dark, featuring everything from weak, shambling biomechanical nightmares to demonic ninjas with masks sewn to their heads. As a fan of the New Phyrexia set from Magic: The Gathering, I just loved *looking* at the bad guys. In terms of sound, each weapon has a unique and entirely satisfying battery of noises, from the classic 'swoosh, schwing' of Rebellion to the ethereal roar of Osiris, and all this is backed up by music that is an awesome fusion of pulsing electronic and hardcore metal. Overall, as a fan of Devil May Cry, as a fan of action games, and as a PC gamer, I've got to say that DmC: Devil May Cry is an absolutely brilliant piece of work. It lacks some of the combat depth and brutal difficulty showcased by its predecessors, and the inability to manually lock on is a genuine frustration at times, but the impossibly high development values and bursting package of thrilling, new visual ideas and epic boss fights more than makes up for the shortcomings. If you're a PC gamer and a fan of spectacle fighters, a genre woefully underrepresented on PC, then it'd be a crime not to pick this game up. Expand
  11. VRH
    Feb 17, 2013
    This game is pure AWESOMENESS!!! I was always fun of DMC series but this one really delivered! Dante is played very well (The scene with Sucubus is hilarious) story is interesting and gameplay is pure fun! When you unlock a fourth difficulty it is completely new game, Bosses and other enemies behave different...In last 3 days I have passed it 3 times and completed all secret missions andThis game is pure AWESOMENESS!!! I was always fun of DMC series but this one really delivered! Dante is played very well (The scene with Sucubus is hilarious) story is interesting and gameplay is pure fun! When you unlock a fourth difficulty it is completely new game, Bosses and other enemies behave different...In last 3 days I have passed it 3 times and completed all secret missions and I will play it again! Expand
  12. Apr 8, 2013
    Just because of a change in style does not make a game bad. Dmc is a very fun game, it really engages you trying to keep that combo and making your fights stylish. Dante carries a very wide range of weapons, each with their own unique abilities. I also like how some enemies are vulnerable to only certain abilities, making you have to switch. The story feels much more creative and uniqueJust because of a change in style does not make a game bad. Dmc is a very fun game, it really engages you trying to keep that combo and making your fights stylish. Dante carries a very wide range of weapons, each with their own unique abilities. I also like how some enemies are vulnerable to only certain abilities, making you have to switch. The story feels much more creative and unique than the previous devil may cry games. Camera controls feel less quirky than in Dmc 4.
    I would like to see some harder difficulty levels though. DmC would be better than the previous dmcs if it could match its difficulty level, which made the previous versions very intense.
  13. Mar 4, 2013
    Great game, great reboot of a favorite classic! Looks wonderful on PC, is hellova fun to play I really enjoyed the fact that there's a lot more depth to the story at long last.
    Oh yeah, one other thing I really got over the bad new hair by the time the game came to an end ;)
    Looking forward to more in the years to come!
  14. Nov 7, 2013
    Very nice and much better than previous games about white onime!11 Dante!!! I'm only sad about new Vergil, but other stuff is freaking awesome
    A must-buy game for any fan
  15. Mar 27, 2013
    I had a great time with this game. It does not deserve the poor user score that haters have been giving it. DMC is an enjoyable and beautiful game that keeps your interest throughout and never has a dull moment.
  16. Mar 25, 2013
    Great Game! This is best DMC ever! русски!
    Перезапуск CAPCOM, 4-ая
  17. Mar 27, 2013
    I loved DMC. It does not deserve the hate from fans. The game is very enjoyable and has excellent pacing and tight controls. The attention to detail is nice as well. Great mature story is a plus. I really hope there is a sequel to this awesome game.
  18. Mar 22, 2013
    This game is great. I feel bad that I have never played a Devil May Cry game before, but I feel it's helpful to give an opinion as a newcomer to the series. This reboot is a completely new universe with whatever gameplay/story changes they see fit. So when I heard that was the case, I was interested. I picked this game up on release for 49.99, which for Australia is pretty god damn cheap.This game is great. I feel bad that I have never played a Devil May Cry game before, but I feel it's helpful to give an opinion as a newcomer to the series. This reboot is a completely new universe with whatever gameplay/story changes they see fit. So when I heard that was the case, I was interested. I picked this game up on release for 49.99, which for Australia is pretty god damn cheap. I was immediately hooked by the general atmosphere. The way it blends the music with the gameplay gives it a really bad-ass intense feel, and the visual are not only stunning on max pc settings, but are also colorful and are play an important role when telling the story. You play as Dante (Like the previous games.) The story mainly revolves around him and his journey towards helping the human race and generally growing as a person. He is half demon and half angel and works with his twin brother and a human girl to overthrow the demons control over the human race. I think the gameplay is the strongest area of the game. You will not get tired of stringing together combos. As soon as you get the feeling of wanting a new toy to play with, the game gives it to you. Great pacing. It knows player. As I said before everything balances into one incredibly polished action/adventure spamfest and it's great. It doesn't set new ground for the genre, but it's an absolute joy to play and I respect the developers. I think this is best played on PC, the game runs amazingly, although I would recommend a controller plugged in though.

19. Apr 21, 2013
    Ok, first off, to hell with anyone who gave this game below a five. Most of you guys wrote the review on the day of release. my thoughts? they all are a preemptive assault to try to slander what is a GREAT game. so please, you are a coherent human being, avoid the hooting dick-holes. and to said hooting dick-holes; grow up and off.

REVIEW TIME: this is an AWESOME game. over the top

REVIEW TIME: this is an AWESOME game. over the top action and furious style are dealt in spades here. absolutely stunning level design and combo chaining the likes of which the DMC 3 and 4 have trouble contending. if you're a fan of the series, give it a go. the aesthetic ma be different but the game is all DMC all the time.
  20. Mar 2, 2013
    An excellent reboot that blends fantastic cutscenes, an engaging story and fast paced demon slaying action. I simply didn't want to put the game down.
  21. Mar 4, 2013
    I've played dmc 2,3 and 4 and this one is simple epic. I'm giving 10 cause of the fresh air, design and story privded by 5th dmc. I agree that game ending isn't sophisticated, but hey it's DMC, not the longest journey. This game was made to be fun (as all dmc's), and it is clear and undisturbed slasher experience. Not to mention OST that is definitely the best so far if you like bothI've played dmc 2,3 and 4 and this one is simple epic. I'm giving 10 cause of the fresh air, design and story privded by 5th dmc. I agree that game ending isn't sophisticated, but hey it's DMC, not the longest journey. This game was made to be fun (as all dmc's), and it is clear and undisturbed slasher experience. Not to mention OST that is definitely the best so far if you like both metal and dnb/dstep Expand
  22. Apr 17, 2013
    great game good fight good story well optimized and also best dante
    i was played all the devil may cry but this one is the best dmc in all 5 dmc.best hack n slash game in the world.
  23. Jun 4, 2013
    This game has to be my favorite game. I like the new dante and i dont know why people are complaining. The missions are so fun to play and vergils downfall is even better. Overall if you dont have the game, get it because its fun
  24. ah6
    Jun 28, 2013

25. Oct 21, 2013
    This game is A W E S O M E!!!!!!!
  26. Jan 25, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A piece of a solid game. Just completed it and it was worth the money. Animations & story perfect. They have done an amazing job on this game. Do the lines were pretty cheese. They also could improve acting in some cut-scenes. People should stop hating on the character and actually try the game first before even writing the reviews. Expand
  27. Jan 25, 2013
    New DmC is very dynamics, very interesting and very clever game. It has breathtaking gameplay, enthralling story. I think. that "fans" of previous games about Dante is very wrong. They think, if developers changed skin of Dante and game design then game will be very bad and not intersting. Do not believe them. It very good slasher. On this moment, it is the best game of this winter.
  28. May 14, 2013
    This game is fantastic. I thought they did an excellent job showing us a young Dante. I'm 26 and I've played every DMC game from start to finish. I don't understand the hate for this game at all. The action is cool, the voice acting is solid, and the story is fun to watch unfold. I would have enjoyed some longer cutscenes to flesh out the story a bit more, but what's there is interestingThis game is fantastic. I thought they did an excellent job showing us a young Dante. I'm 26 and I've played every DMC game from start to finish. I don't understand the hate for this game at all. The action is cool, the voice acting is solid, and the story is fun to watch unfold. I would have enjoyed some longer cutscenes to flesh out the story a bit more, but what's there is interesting and enjoyable. I don't mind that Dante is no longer half-human, not really a big deal in my opinion. I'll be looking forward to a sequel. Expand
  29. Feb 24, 2013
    This is an awesome game.
    Great music,intense action,beautiful graphics,and it is well optimized.(Even on my p4 3.0ghz CPU runs it mostly well.
    IF you like slashing demons,and want something really new,try this.
    DmC has a nice replayability factor too with collectables and many difficulity mode.
    This is a must-have game for everyone,even if you didn't like the older ones.
  30. Feb 8, 2013
    Obviously, DmC for PC is graphically better than the console counterparts. Fighting with Dante at 60fps is an amazing experience, with all the latest graphical effects you could imagine. Unfortunately no hi-res textures are present, but still it's an eye-candy roller-coaster.
  31. Feb 8, 2013
    Awesome game with very fluid combat, would recommend a Nethilim start to anyone who has played Devil May Cry before hand but otherwise amazing with an awesome concept.
  32. Feb 12, 2013
    Amazing reboot of the series. Haters are always going to hate, but those people saying the combat is slow has obviously not learned how to chain their combos together. At times I get some motion sickness, and I love it! I have been playing with a keyboard and mouse even though I own an xbox360 controller. The graphics are awesome in full 1080p. The soundtrack is perfect for this style ofAmazing reboot of the series. Haters are always going to hate, but those people saying the combat is slow has obviously not learned how to chain their combos together. At times I get some motion sickness, and I love it! I have been playing with a keyboard and mouse even though I own an xbox360 controller. The graphics are awesome in full 1080p. The soundtrack is perfect for this style of game. The new Dante is awesome. I thought they him up so much when I first heard about this reboot. I loved that in hte first mission Dante finds a white wig, and says, "Not in a million years." It was a great little addition for the fans. It may have seemed like a shot at the fanboys, but I found it to be hilarious. All in all this game is great, short but great. Expand
  33. Mar 11, 2013
    Even though the dumb Devil May Cry fanboys can't seem to read, this DmC REBOOT (just pointing out that it's a REBOOT, DMCfans. Reboot.) is one of the visually best games of the year so far, with extremely fun gameplay, an amazing storyline and tons of replayability.
  34. Mar 3, 2013
    When I saw the new Dante, I was hating the game before it game out. Beeing bored I decided to buy it, expecting nothing from it, however, I was amazed by how good it is. For those who still have doubt, you can play Dante with white Hair aswell, in fact (little spoiler) at the end his normal hair becomes white aswell. As for him beeing an emo, not true, dont listen to the haters, try itWhen I saw the new Dante, I was hating the game before it game out. Beeing bored I decided to buy it, expecting nothing from it, however, I was amazed by how good it is. For those who still have doubt, you can play Dante with white Hair aswell, in fact (little spoiler) at the end his normal hair becomes white aswell. As for him beeing an emo, not true, dont listen to the haters, try it out, for me it was the best DMC so far. Expand
  35. Mar 21, 2013
    This game is great and solid. A fantastic reboot. When playing this game, anyone can clearly see that they are using a younger (and possibly annoying/immature) Dante. The reboot offered a advanced fluid combat system. The developers had a lot to play around with the concept of Limbo and the characters were strong. Although this game offers change, the change was good and possibly needed.This game is great and solid. A fantastic reboot. When playing this game, anyone can clearly see that they are using a younger (and possibly annoying/immature) Dante. The reboot offered a advanced fluid combat system. The developers had a lot to play around with the concept of Limbo and the characters were strong. Although this game offers change, the change was good and possibly needed. Overall, great game. Expand
  36. Mar 22, 2013
    DmC: Devil May Cry, hearing this brings chills huh? Well, don't buy into the fans that killed their own series without trying the game. When I saw the initial press release for this game, I detested it. But do not fret! This is actually one of my favorites, and yes I've played all other Devil May Cry games, starting with the first. The graphics are pushed, the fighting style is differentDmC: Devil May Cry, hearing this brings chills huh? Well, don't buy into the fans that killed their own series without trying the game. When I saw the initial press release for this game, I detested it. But do not fret! This is actually one of my favorites, and yes I've played all other Devil May Cry games, starting with the first. The graphics are pushed, the fighting style is different but refreshing. Ignore the fan boys out there, this game deserves way more credit than it gets. Story is pretty nice, some changes with the series, all in all this game is definitely better than this user score. The story can be beat in about 11 hours, but it is short for a reason, it is meant to be replayed to achieve Hell Vs. Hell mode, where if you get hit once, you die, providing the ultimate difficulty and challenging experience. Expand
  37. Apr 7, 2013
    This is a real improvement! Gameplay, Graphics, Movement and Attacks are all improved, game does not lag and so far I've had fun playing the campaign, this is a must play game!
    9/10! The game is not that amazing so i wont give it a 10 but i think it deserves a 9, DmC is very fun too play if your bored and you like killing monsters.
  38. Apr 19, 2013
    DmC
    This was my first game of DmC series.Unlike veterans I don't know about previous installments or previous
    Dante and Vergil so I cant complain about changing the story but the game play is pretty awesome.I found the story and voice acting compelling.And that's what you mostly look for.
    All those who are whining about game play are bunch of idiots.Buy it you wont regret it.
  39. Apr 25, 2013
    Well unfortunately some people didn't like the new ideas of the new DMC but the gameplay was awesome, the story didn't excelled in anything but it was eatable.
    Overall it is a great game that it is worth playing and i enjoyed it very much because this is what games truly serve us!
    Also glad a game like this could be so great since we are on a era of shooters were ''bang-bang is everything''
  40. Jun 1, 2013
    I grew tired of WoW, loved Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite, and really enjoyed Batman Arkham City. I was lost as to what to play next that fit my taste. I tried DmC on a whim as it was on sale on steam and I have to say I've been blown away. The story is kinda teen-boy fantasy, but it's interesting enough to keep me engaged, and the fighting system is easy to learn but takes time to reallyI grew tired of WoW, loved Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite, and really enjoyed Batman Arkham City. I was lost as to what to play next that fit my taste. I tried DmC on a whim as it was on sale on steam and I have to say I've been blown away. The story is kinda teen-boy fantasy, but it's interesting enough to keep me engaged, and the fighting system is easy to learn but takes time to really master. Super fun, like a mixture of Diablo III and Batman Arkham City, with beautiful graphics. Expand
  41. Dec 13, 2013
    DmC is a sequel to original Devil May Cry series. It's the 5th game. For me, I didn't play first 4 games, but DmC is clear enough to see the points of story. In this game, we see Dante's "adventurous teen" times. With his new appearance, which far from Japanese atmosphere, he's more cool. His manners after demon combat's are pretty cool too. Also, we can't omit the apprentice girl, Kat.DmC is a sequel to original Devil May Cry series. It's the 5th game. For me, I didn't play first 4 games, but DmC is clear enough to see the points of story. In this game, we see Dante's "adventurous teen" times. With his new appearance, which far from Japanese atmosphere, he's more cool. His manners after demon combat's are pretty cool too. Also, we can't omit the apprentice girl, Kat. She has a mysterious attractiveness which suits comfortable with Dante. The game edits DmC's original scenario with its own atmosphere; more likely to western instead of Japanese. Thanks Ninja Theory.
    For the gameplay, I can only say that if you have not a hand-eye coordination; stay apart from this game! The gameplay is extremly fluent, but sometimes, especially in aerial parts, can be boring. Sometimes, you can fall down because of unexpected-mixed combo issues. The combo point system is not fair. It judges time too, but we have to do the secondary quests too for gain higher marks. It's a frustrated conflict, but it improves your FPS-combat skills remarkably.
  42. Feb 7, 2013
    This game refused to let me go, until I've killed the final boss. 10 of 10 just for that.
  43. Mar 6, 2013
    This is not a bad game, for god's sake its a reboot of the series, an alternate reality to the old games, you can't downrate the entire game just because the protagonist looks different, most of you need to stop throwing tantrums, and rate the game properly, no way in hell does this deserve the low rating shown here, have you played a game a game that really deserves a 0's and 1's? itsThis is not a bad game, for god's sake its a reboot of the series, an alternate reality to the old games, you can't downrate the entire game just because the protagonist looks different, most of you need to stop throwing tantrums, and rate the game properly, no way in hell does this deserve the low rating shown here, have you played a game a game that really deserves a 0's and 1's? its obviously not this. besides Capcom were done making DmC games, you wouldn't have seen another game if it weren't for Ninja Theory taking it on, and i think they did a great job, the visuals are spectacular, the performance is great, the story isn't bad either, at least the turnout was great compared what happend with the Silent Hill games when Konami stopped developing them. Expand
  44. Feb 18, 2013
    "I should have been the one to fill your dark soul with liggggggggggghttttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Yes the writing in this Devil May Cry game might just be some of the best, the new Dante is pretty subjective but personally I think he looks kinda cool and his snarky attitude is amusing. Pretty much like someone of that age can be. The PC version is probably the better version due to

The PC version is probably the better version due to uncapped frame rates and things, the sound track is good if you are into that kind of music. Level design in the visual sense is amazing. Judged on its own merits its a pretty good game, players into hardcore 3rd person spectacle fighters might not enjoy it so much as the combat is simplified compared to others.

Most of the people complaining are upset that its not a direct sequel, nothing wrong with that but it has reached the stage where its become people throwing their toys out of their pram.
  45. Feb 9, 2013
    This game is not bad enough to deserve a 0. Yes, it's been dumbed down to obtain a larger audience, but so is everything. Blame the world for being dumber, not the developers for trying to sell their game.
    Combat is not horrible, altough I do miss the lock-on target; and the fact that pretty much every single attack hits multiple enemies makes most of the fights too easy.
    I've never
    I've never cared much for stories in videogames (if I wanna watch a B movie, I'll watch a B movie) so I dont appreciate the abuse of unskippable cutscenes in the middle of a supposedly fast paced action game. Visuals were pretty good even if the level design was poor (just a linear corridor, using a grappling whip every once in a while doesnt change anything), and I think thats it. Better than DmC 4, worse than DmC 3, a 6 is a fair score.
  46. Sep 22, 2014
    The game does not deserve all the fanboy hate it receives.

The level design in this game is insane. I've never see anything quite like it. The story is also, surprisingly, very good, with characters that actually feel like real people. Dante is cocky with a **** you' attitude at first, but rapidly grows a conscience and begins to truly care for the fate of mankind and his friends. A
    The game does not deserve all the fanboy hate it receives.

The level design in this game is insane. I've never see anything quite like it.

The story is also, surprisingly, very good, with characters that actually feel like real people. Dante is cocky with a **** you' attitude at first, but rapidly grows a conscience and begins to truly care for the fate of mankind and his friends. A lot of people hate him, but I personally found him very likeable.

There are issues with the game however, but only when compared with past DMC games. The combat is far more simplistic with less weapons to choose from and the levels, though designed spectacularly, are far more linear and do not reward exploration quite as much as past titles in the series. This pissed a lot of people off, understandably. They aren't things that bothered me too much though, so I actually enjoyed the game a great deal.

A real shame it sold so poorly and received so much hate from the fanbase. It truly was a high quality product with a great story. I would love to see a sequel, but it seems unlikely now.
  47. Mar 23, 2013
    I was first introduced to the Devil May Cry word with DMC 4. I enjoyed it somewhat, but I found that the game had a lot of padding. Pointless challenges that did nothing but extend the length of the game. DmC: Devil May Cry is a much slicker, streamlined affair that concentrates more on stylish swordplay than trying to figure out what the hell you're supposed to do next. That's not to sayI was first introduced to the Devil May Cry word with DMC 4. I enjoyed it somewhat, but I found that the game had a lot of padding. Pointless challenges that did nothing but extend the length of the game. DmC: Devil May Cry is a much slicker, streamlined affair that concentrates more on stylish swordplay than trying to figure out what the hell you're supposed to do next. That's not to say that there no elements of exploration in the latest game, but they do not get in the way of the hacking and slashing.,
    I must admit I didn't care much for the original Dante so the introduction of the new Dante did not phase me in the slightest. Great graphics that perform extremely well even on low end hardware, great fun with swords and excellent level design.
    The low scores you see all over the place reflect the game fan's disappointment with the main character being changed. That's fair enough. But as a game, it's hard not to say it's great.
  48. Feb 17, 2013
    A pretty good game with few downsides. The first thing people notice is the reboot has changed a lot of things. First there is the new Dante, who is far inferior to the original Dante both visually and as a character, as he appears as a generic guy with very little appeal as a character. Same goes for Vergil and Kat. The story is nothing special, but it does it's part in this type of game.A pretty good game with few downsides. The first thing people notice is the reboot has changed a lot of things. First there is the new Dante, who is far inferior to the original Dante both visually and as a character, as he appears as a generic guy with very little appeal as a character. Same goes for Vergil and Kat. The story is nothing special, but it does it's part in this type of game. Graphics are nothing spectacular technically, but it gives the game nice visuals combined with the twisted environments of the Limbo. Gameplay is simpler than the previous DMC games, but it is still a lot of fun. The color-coded weapon and enemy system is a bit juvenile and rather than increasing the difficulty by making some enemies immune to certain weapons, it's more likely to be irritating. Lastly, the game is a very good port with extensive options and works great with a keyboard. Expand
  49. Feb 12, 2013
    Okay, first of all: I DONT LIKE THE NEW DANTE, they made him such a jackass Anyway im sick of these 1 out of 10 rates from the community, you guys really dont know what a 1 out of 10 game looks like....

The graphics are fine for me, gameplay is smooth, easy and fun, the story is well...... not that bad.

Hardcore DMC fans probably hate this reboot
  50. Mar 8, 2013
    DmC was a fantastic reboot to a series that has constantly reinvented itself. I have followed the series closely and do not see the reasons for all the harsh criticism. I was wary of the game creating another prequel to a series that never seems to truly advance in its plot line. That being said I thoroughly enjoyed the plot in DmC deviating slightly from the original. It created aDmC was a fantastic reboot to a series that has constantly reinvented itself. I have followed the series closely and do not see the reasons for all the harsh criticism. I was wary of the game creating another prequel to a series that never seems to truly advance in its plot line. That being said I thoroughly enjoyed the plot in DmC deviating slightly from the original. It created a realistic Dante and Vergil and introduced something the series has been lacking: CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT. Onto the gameplay. The revamped combo system far outshines any previous Devil May Cry being able to quickly slap between weapons, while maintaining move canceling. The loss of the lock on system was actually quite pleasant since it meant never having to hold a button and all-in-all the autolock was almost never wrong. The level designs were far more imaginative than the typical gothic castles.

I did find DmC lacking in replay value, a problem that has plagued Devil May Cry for some time. Also as enjoyable as the plot was, it is seriously annoying to have another prequel to a series that has had one already. Looking at the game as a whole it was great and extremely enjoyable
  51. Sep 11, 2013
    Having an unbiased opinion, (I have never paid attention to the previous Devil May Cry Games in any way) I can say that DmC is an amazingly fun game. It's fast-paced, looks fantastic and has an awesome atmosphere, owed to by it's great soundtrack. The combat is designed well and allows any amateur with enough brain cells to slash through the demonic horde, but more fiendish difficultiesHaving an unbiased opinion, (I have never paid attention to the previous Devil May Cry Games in any way) I can say that DmC is an amazingly fun game. It's fast-paced, looks fantastic and has an awesome atmosphere, owed to by it's great soundtrack. The combat is designed well and allows any amateur with enough brain cells to slash through the demonic horde, but more fiendish difficulties and a mind-boggling combo system will keep veterans playing and improving for months. The story is also quality. Coherent and refreshingly simple. The only flaw of this game is that a couple of boss fights feel rushed and stuck together with jam, but the rest are memorable occasions. Overall a great action game for all action game fans. Expand
  52. Apr 25, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I think I mistakenly clicked NO on a comment I wanted to click YES, but I don't think it is worth a 10. First of all, I haven't played DMC since 1 and 2, but I played 3 and 4 and I confess that this new DmC is pretty good! Yes, I got pissed when they changed Dante, but oh well, marketing strategies are marketing strategies. The new Dante seems to have more character than the old ones IMO. I actually wished there were more scenes showing Dante kicking ass all around showing his stylishness like 3 and 4, but when you play it you feel that he is good at "playing rough" (Like he mentions on the second mission).
    Like all other DMC games, game is consisted of missions. If you are used to playing this kind of game, you'll finish the initial mode in 10 hours or so, so that you unlock more difficulties, and this is where the series starts to spread its wings.
    About DmC combat specifically, I think that the combat system is still very nice, but the lack of a "lock-on" button made me do a lot of mistakes since I was used to the old system. That's maybe just me, though. Also, double tapping into directions to do specific moves is kinda hard on the PC, I almost didn't use the Stinger, my favorite move of all DMC games. That may be me again, though. I played DMC4 after playing this and I kinda felt like arriving home with a partner "It's good to be back with you". Not that I didn't really like the new system, but I still prefer the old one.
    About the story, I like it. It made sense Dante didn't have white hair at first. And once you finish the game, guess white?! YEA, HE HAS ALL WHITE HAIR NOW! See, it didn't hurt that much playing with him having dark hair, did it? I bought the "Classic Dante" skin but that really doesn't look a lot like old Dante, but I mostly use it. Anyways, back to the plot. I liked it. For a reboot is makes sense, it has its interesting parts, and an almost predictable turnout at the ending if you already know that Dante must ALWAYS fight Vergil.
    I must confess that when I first bought the game I thought it wouldn't run on my notebook (a thing from 2011) but when I lowered nearly all settings, the game run smoothly, and man, was it still beautiful to watch! I give extra credits for that. I play with all settings in low, low resolution, and the visuals are impresive. I don't regret at all this reboot, but I still would prefer if they launched a DMC5 or anything like it. I mean, there are like 8 different parallel Spider-Mans, why not Dantes?
    About the DLCs, I wish there were more content to get, like skins, there could be a LOT more skins, and or all devil arms! There is like only one pack of 3 different skins for 3 guns. Always the shotgun, a Scythe he get's when having contact with his mother's essence (an Angel) and the Axe he gets when he has contact with his father (Sparda, a Demon). And only one pack of 3 Dante's skins. I still liked mainly the Classic, though it doesn't really look a lot like the classic, I guess it's because on DMC4 he got older and stronger, and this one still looks like a "Rooster weight fighter".
    Also, I got the "expansion" Vergil's Downfall, when you play with Vergil! What an experience! Playing with Vergil is way more challenging to master, and I liked it!

So, overall. The combat is sometimes frustrating and you may do wrong moves. The camera sometimes don't help much. Achievements are always cool. The Story and Voice acting are very good (this boosts up the experience very much). The graphics are very beautiful and the Limbo world (a "demonically distorted" version of our world) is very creative and interesting to watch as you go through the missions. I just wished there was fight in the normal world too. The progression is nice and if you have a gaming mouse with a few extra buttons changing weapons to increase combat style points will become easier!
    I think it diserves a solid 9. If you played the other series, just go and play it. You will enjoy the fights and the world linear exploring with hidden missions and artifacts to collect.
  53. Jun 3, 2013
    DmC: Devil May Cry is a third person action game with some pretty art design and a good story. The game is very stylish and the characters are very interesting. Combat is great with lots of variation in weapons and combos and enemies are fun to fight and bosses are even better. The platforming is very smooth and responsive most of the time. I would definitely recommend this to anyone whoDmC: Devil May Cry is a third person action game with some pretty art design and a good story. The game is very stylish and the characters are very interesting. Combat is great with lots of variation in weapons and combos and enemies are fun to fight and bosses are even better. The platforming is very smooth and responsive most of the time. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who is look for a stylish new action platformer game with a good story. Expand
  54. Aug 31, 2013
    Thanks a lot for Ninja Theory to renew this fantastic saga. I've played them all and I have to say my favorite is three. In this game, Dante, rejuvenated, discovers his past that makes us think that it is a prequel to the other games since they do not know who remembers his family. Really recommended.
  55. Aug 8, 2013
    Its a fantastic game.
    Its intelligent, exciting, funny, with incredibly artistic dsign, but just better watch some gameplay to see it by yourself Im not really good at writing reviews
    Nevermind the absurd fanboysm crying, I cant understand all tha hate towards this game, Its a shame because this game is amazing. this game is a piece of art Its beautiful.
  56. Mar 2, 2014
    First game in the Devil May Cry series I have ever played and I must say it was so damn addictive and it never let me go. It easily became my new favourite game, better than anything I have every played! I aced the game in like 1 day because it was so fun and there's actually more re-playability than you would think. I played it on easy the first time because it was my first DmC, and nowFirst game in the Devil May Cry series I have ever played and I must say it was so damn addictive and it never let me go. It easily became my new favourite game, better than anything I have every played! I aced the game in like 1 day because it was so fun and there's actually more re-playability than you would think. I played it on easy the first time because it was my first DmC, and now I'm doing it on medium and planning to maybe do it on hard too! Definitely would recommend! Expand
  57. Dec 31, 2013
    So lets start off by saying that this game is better than most of the old DMC games, or on par with DMC3. The gameplay in this reboot is more fluid, the story and characters have more depth, and the level design is generally more intriguing than that of past installments. Combos are more fluid compared to that of the old DMCs, where everything flows together perfectly (if you know what youSo lets start off by saying that this game is better than most of the old DMC games, or on par with DMC3. The gameplay in this reboot is more fluid, the story and characters have more depth, and the level design is generally more intriguing than that of past installments. Combos are more fluid compared to that of the old DMCs, where everything flows together perfectly (if you know what you are doing). To be honest, being a near-veteran of the old DMCs, I look back and find that the old combat chopped along when you switched weapons, merely making the illusion of fluidity by having Dante attack freakishly fast. Lets first focus on the story: the plot and characters have way more depth than the past DMCs honestly (I've played through each about 20+ times), where Dante in the older games was just some badass, granted a cool one, he lacked any emotional depth other than: "I should have been the one to fill your dark soul with light!" The new Dante however actually has some true depth as a character who grows throughout the game, and do not worry, there is still some of the old Dante in this game for he is still sarcastic and badass, just rough around the edges. Although starting out as a bit of an emo (which you can't really blame him for) he soon comes to care about humanity, partly due to Kat, and take his role as humanity's protector, showing a true character development which the old DMCs never had, Dante will undoubtedly be even cooler in the next game as he is maturing, if only fans will give him a chance. Kat is also an engaging character as she actually has a role and influence on the characters, Dante in particular; unlike the old female roles in the DMC games, which aside from Lady in DMC3, was there for fan-serivce. Vergil is more interesting as well, in DMC3 he was merely some psychopath trying to gain power, but in this new game he goes from being a redeemable, although conniving, character to a hellbent enemy. The story is also generally deeper than any of the past installments, which consisted of 'oh no, some big demon threat on mankind, lets kill it,' in the new DmC the threat has been there, hidden before humanity's eyes, I won't ruin the story but there is much more depth to be found in the game among it's character and everything than there ever has been. Now onto the main part of DMC: the gameplay. As I have said the gameplay is fast and fluid, far more fluid than the past games, and what it lacks in speed it makes up for in style, which is really all that matters in DMC. The switching between weapons is often more fun than in past games since each weapon has it's own unique feel, the only choppy-ness in combat you may find is with the 'heavy-hitter' demon weapons, but even then the weapons generally match smoothly into combat. Anyone who hasn't been able to play well in DMC obviously just hasn't played other DMCs or generally is just bad as this kind of combat, because being a major DMC fan myself the transition to this games was easy, I was stringing together combos and getting S, SS, and SSS within the first 2-4 missions of the game (just like I did in the old ones). Many have complained about the auto-aiming, but I honestly find this funny since I rarely had any problem with it, except in the case where a ground enemy was under a flying one, which is rare, other than this all you do it point the control stick at the desired enemy, and there, you attack it. Some have also called the platforming clumsy, no, these people just suck, I never had a problem with the platforming, very rarely did I mess up and frankly the platforming was actually really cool and once again: fluid, fun, and fast. Frankly the platforming in the old DMCs was awful (however limited) do to the lack of proper movement and character frames, which is actually a true problem in the design of the old DMCs. All of this being said, the haters are just stuck in the past, and have no desire for a character with actual emotion, that of which all of humanity has. I have faith that Ninja Theory could continue to make an amazing and engaging series if the haters would just calm down and give them a chance. Besides, with how Capcom is being lately, *cough*Resident Evil 6*cough,* would we really want them to continue the series on their own? Expand
  58. Apr 10, 2014
    Challenging, well built protagonist, huge variety of gameplay moves and attacks. The graphics are awesome and the story is non-realistic, but attractive. I guess it's none that I don't like, but it should be more.
  59. Nov 2, 2015
    I was a fan of the original series.. well - 1st and 3rd (2 sucked and 4 was pretty mediocre), and I didn't expect much of this reboot, but i was quite impressed! It's very well made - the art direction is great, combat flows quite nicely, and the story is well told. (Note - i played with a controller, so I can't speak for m&k). Switching between weapons was so easy, it's rare that II was a fan of the original series.. well - 1st and 3rd (2 sucked and 4 was pretty mediocre), and I didn't expect much of this reboot, but i was quite impressed! It's very well made - the art direction is great, combat flows quite nicely, and the story is well told. (Note - i played with a controller, so I can't speak for m&k). Switching between weapons was so easy, it's rare that I actually explore (and spend time with) all the available weapons in a game, but in this one i definitely did. Overall - great visuals, good soundtrack, and awesome absolutely not-bland characters, (well, except for maybe Kat 'cause she was such a stereotypical whatever, but everyone else was great!). I've been through a number of games of this genre in the last several years - including all the God of Wars, and Dark Siders, and to me DMC beats all of them hands down. I still go back and show the cutscenes to my friends because they are so well made. And my advice to anyone playing it - finish the game before you judge it! I know the game is too easy for some on that entry difficulty, but there are more modes that open up after you finish, including that one where you die in one hit, so i promise it gets more fun! Expand
  60. May 29, 2015
    I played DMC 4 for several hours, ultimately it bored me. Then I played the second game on the PS3 HD boxset, it also bored me. Then I found this on a Steam sale and bought it for not many £. Whilst the stripped down gameplay may have upset fans of the original series, for someone like me who just wasn't into them it turned it into the perfect game. The story is fun, the graphics areI played DMC 4 for several hours, ultimately it bored me. Then I played the second game on the PS3 HD boxset, it also bored me. Then I found this on a Steam sale and bought it for not many £. Whilst the stripped down gameplay may have upset fans of the original series, for someone like me who just wasn't into them it turned it into the perfect game. The story is fun, the graphics are nice, and the gameplay is awesome fun. A lot of the levels are well designed with great set pieces and exciting sections, and huge, nasty bosses.

Regardless of what the "hardcore" fans think, I find this to be a fine addition to my library.
  61. Jan 29, 2016
    Game: DmC Devil May Cry
    Genre: Action
    Developer: Capcom System: Steam (PC) Total Score: 88/100 Value Score: 8.8/10 • Story: 8/10 • Characters: 8/10 • GamePlay: 9/10 • Graphics: 9/10 • Sound: 10/10 • Music: 7/10 • Length: 9/10 • Replay Value: 9/10 • Player Value: 9/10 Pros +Storyline covers all bases and character development is well made throughout the game +Gameplay
    Game: DmC Devil May Cry

• Length: 9/10
    • Replay Value: 9/10
    • Player Value: 9/10

Pros
    +Gameplay is much more fluid and gives more freedom especially when it comes to using weapons and guns.
    +Most of the gameplay mechanics and assets used in previous games are used again in this game such as red orbs, usage of items, etc
    +New leveling up system allows you to gain ability points from killing enemies and giving you the ability to equip and unequip skills and abilities
    +Voice overs are done well and sound effects are spot on - go well with the environment
    +DLC consists of an additional storyline which let you play as Vergil along with that some additional costumes and abilities to further enhance the game
    +Replay value is a strong point just like in previous DMC games letting you play in different difficulty modes and lets you choose which missions you want to re-play.
    +Level design is the best made in the entire series
    +Bloody Palace mode is in the game which is a arena type mini game which lets you fight hordes of enemies in different levels and will get more challenging as you go up each level.

Cons
    -No manual lock on like in previous DMC games
    -Character design may put off some people specifically for Dante
    -DLC Storyline is mostly consisted of comic book cutscenes rather than using in game graphics for cutscenes
    -OST not as memorable as previous DMC games
  62. Jul 19, 2013
    For one I don't understand all the negativity for this new DMC. I'll admit I never played the previous games, so I can see how people would be angry about changes to the series. However I don't understand why pure fun hack n slash game that runs buttery smooth on pc can get such a bad score for being different than other games out there. At least for me its been a really fun game.
  63. Jan 13, 2014
    This is one of the finest brawler/slash-em-up games ever. On top of the excellent and intuitive control system that lets you unleash your combo fury (that is easy to access, hard to master) it has the most amazing art direction it could possibly have.

Ninja Theory continues its streak of GREAT games and playing it on the PC on 60 fps really helps the action and the responsiveness a lot.

Here's to one of the most underappreciated (by users) games of all time. And all because of some hair color.

It combines the combat of previous DMC games with the Angel/Devil (L/R Triggers) weapons to execute the most seamlessly combat flow ever. The story is not for everyone, though it's certainly an improvement of the series, but the combat is miles ahead both of the previous games and the competition.

Is it better than... say... God of War, Castlevania: LOS, Ninja Gaiden, Metal Gear Rising...? DmC has the best combat of them all. Not the best game, though it's certainly the best of the series by far.
  64. Oct 29, 2013
    it's a really great game. Perfect action sequences, cut-scenes, gameplay. The only reason I gave it 9 but not 10 is the controls. it feels a little beat freaky to play via keyboard mouse (long jumps are most annoying). didn't play the previous DMC games, but strongly recommend it to everyone. Ninja Theory just made their best game ever cheers!)
  65. Oct 23, 2013
    Let me start by saying that I loved Devil May Cry, hated Devil May Cry 2, and never got back into the series, so I have yet to play 3 or 4. With DMC: Devil May Cry, I saw a game attempting to reinvent a stale franchise and originally purchased it on PS3. I played it for 4-5 hours but me being me, I got distracted by Guild Wars 2 for months on end and ended up selling it back. With theLet me start by saying that I loved Devil May Cry, hated Devil May Cry 2, and never got back into the series, so I have yet to play 3 or 4. With DMC: Devil May Cry, I saw a game attempting to reinvent a stale franchise and originally purchased it on PS3. I played it for 4-5 hours but me being me, I got distracted by Guild Wars 2 for months on end and ended up selling it back. With the recent steam sale putting it on sale for 12 bucks I purchased it again, only this time with glorious fluidity that this game deserves at 80 FPS, and ultra graphic settings, only amplified with the beauty of SweetFX. My, what a game. The battle system is beautifully crafted, the fluid movement from combo to combo is amazing compared to the repetitive bore that is the God of War franchise. The reward of chaining together combos and not mashing buttons to get the highest possible score reminded me of why I loved the original so much. The design and set pieces were top notch and beautifully done. The boss fights were very entertaining adding the scope of the mega bosses needed to make it feel epic, along with combining the battle system and set pieces to add motion and thought to each and every boss making them very entertaining compared to the usual mash X button until your enemy is dead, the Bob Barbus fight was just freaking amazing. As for the story, I was genuinely surprised and entertained by everything they did with the story and the changes they made in regards to re-imagining the story in a new modern way. The game goes about in a very matter of fact tone progressing from mission to mission developing characters while keeping things light and not overly serious. The game had it's fair share of laughs and silly humor not intended for young children, or for boring old geezers whom are prim and proper, though towards the end the game does tighten up and become more serious as the climax comes closer. As for the music, it suited the game design. Fast and fluid during the boss fights, and ambient in the background when you are trying to concentrate, but nothing that I would point out as something truly groundbreaking, just a good job in staying true to the game. Regarding characters, the redesign of Dante was something I was in favor of. His look matches his personality, a delinquent bad ass, and I thought his personality was spot on for the type of game they were trying to create. If I was disappointed in anyone, it was Virgil. He was just, okay, I didn't fall in love with him. I have yet to play the DLC with him but maybe that will change how I feel about him, but overall he was a very mediocre character. Kat on the other hand I grew to love. Her personality and general attitude grew on me, along with her design and the way they progressed her throughout the game. but Kat I really grew to like. As for Mundus, I like that they tried to make him a part of the game and develop him as a real threat, even adding in tidbits of emotion into his character and not painting him as a stone faced demon lord with no care in the world.

Overall, I found the game to be very enjoyable, with a well crafted story, beautiful graphics, and extremely fun game play.

Graphics 9/10
    Sound 7.5/10
    Story 8.5/10
    Gameplay 9.5/10
    Characters 8.5/10

Overall: 8.6/10
  66. Aug 2, 2013
    Wielu zamartwiało się nad odnowieniem tak popularnej serii hack'n slashów. Twórcy podeszli do tego porządnie, i sprostali zadaniu jak najlepiej mogli. Piękna grafika, wciągająca fabuła i straasznie przyjemna grywalność pozwala mi mówić o jak na razie najlepszej grze roku. Twórcy jak najbardziej rozbudowali DmC. Dali wiele broni, wiele rodzajów przeciwników jak i wiele ciekawych miejscówek.Wielu zamartwiało się nad odnowieniem tak popularnej serii hack'n slashów. Twórcy podeszli do tego porządnie, i sprostali zadaniu jak najlepiej mogli. Piękna grafika, wciągająca fabuła i straasznie przyjemna grywalność pozwala mi mówić o jak na razie najlepszej grze roku. Twórcy jak najbardziej rozbudowali DmC. Dali wiele broni, wiele rodzajów przeciwników jak i wiele ciekawych miejscówek. Przy tej grze po prostu nie da się nudzić. Tak jakby, bo końcówkę gry twórcy strasznie przedłużali i nie zaskakiwali pomysłami. Gra ma do tego mniejsze wady. Pewne tekstury nie wyglądają na dopracowane, jednak nie przeszkadza to cieszyć się z tej świetnej gry. Jak na razie, gra roku. Moja ocena 9/10 Expand
  67. Nov 29, 2016
    WOW... Just WOW...

- A great Casual game
    - Epic Boss fights (Baby and News Guy)
    - Excellent use of button mappings
    - Plenty of weapons

This game is just a mindless hack and slash romp with a terrific story. It could of used a better weapon upgrade system and maybe a few puzzles....

If your a casual gamer like me you will enjoy this immensely... I only wish more games were like this.
  68. Jun 6, 2015
    It's an interesting position to be in to be able to judge a reboot of a much-loved game franchise with no knowledge of the games which came before. Such is the case with me and the enigma that is DmC: Devil may Cry. Strange naming aside, this game, despite being much maligned by the Devil May Cry fanbase, is, from a totally objective viewpoint such as mine, still worth a play.

The

The game's plot reads like Conspiracy theory nine billion and seven - The world has been secretly infiltrated by demons, and a small resistance made up of anti-hero playable character Dante, talented psychic Kat and charismatic leader Vergil is fighting to try and free humanity from their iron-fisted, secret power. The corny underlying plot, however, is tempered slightly by the twists and turns that occur during the plotline, so whilst it may have a bland initial taste it's an alright plot, and definitely not the worst.

The main character, as stated before, is Dante, who starts off as an unlikeable anti-hero but as ther game progresses, he begins to see the importance of his actions, to realise what is at stake if he is to fail - though his desire for justice also has a noticeable streak of revenge running through it. Overall though, he's an interesting character, and the only other gripe I have about him is that his voice acting is somewhat subpar, especially when he's shouting.

What flaws there are are made up fror in the gameplay. At its core it's your typical hack n' slash fare, you have a large, bladed weapon, you can kill enemies with it, and like any good hack & slash it's very, very fun - though this game spices it up a bit by throwing in Ebony and Ivory, a pair of pistols which Dante can use to juggle enemies in the air and hit far-off foes. As you progress through the game Dante also unlocks new weapons, such as Arbiter, a massive demonic axe, Aquila, a pair of glaives, and Revenant, a powerful shotgun. These weapons allow for more interesting gameplay by allowing one to juggle multiple weapons tactically to finish off enemies effectively, making the gameplay all the more fun, and as it is with most hack and slashes, it's really fun to hack and slash the living daylights out of many enemies at a time.

In summary, in spite of its shortcomings, DmC: Devil may Cry is a good game for its genre. With a slightly-cheesy, yet interesting plot, believable characters and gameplay which builds a bit on the classic hack n' slash formula, it's definitely worth a play, even if you HAVE played a DmC game before.
  69. Mar 12, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. First i wish to say to many people that have posted their score in here that they are being stupid.
    I saw many 3 to even 0. You do not know what a rated 3 game feels like clearly.
    Many of you are **** because of the new Dante. I was kind sad at first because i liked the old one but don't come here and just say **** and give 0s without even playing.
    So let's talk about the game now.
    The level design is awesome and original.the combat feels fluid and realistic.
    Many are talking about being too easy and to them i tell: Show me you playing on hell and hell difficulty.
    They probably don't even know that exists.
    The graphics were above average.
    Not having a lock on system is a minor flaw, i didn't really had any problem with it.
    The story is not something awesome but it as its fair share of interesting concepts.
    While your doing your awesome combos and running around all the places you can hear the awesome music from combichrist and noisia
    So now to talk about the characters including the new dante.
    The new dante kind of portraits what the teenagers are nowadays, and don't forget that this is a reboot.
    I think they are just trying to create a starting point for dante, where he starts as this **** teen but as he gets older he starts to just have more respect and sense in his head leaving him close to the old dante that we know.His hair turned white with the achievement of his full demon potential, so now we just need to watch him evolve as a person.I think that this as already started with him going from not giving a **** on the beginning of the game and ending up caring about the human race and pledging to protect them from what is coming next.This is what i want and i think they are doing,
    Kat is basically there to provide a potential love interest and to give the fans what they think is a hot female. She could be so much more if they wanted her to be,like giving a little more about her nightmares and making us fell more attached to her.She does play a part in dante personality development i believe,
    Now to talk about the one which was the most disappointing to me,Vergil, He starts up as a good guy and nothing really wrong with that, but he just feels too weak, vergil was made to look badass right next to his brother but in here it showed vergil as weak and in need of protecting.I played vergil downfall so i know hes getting stronger but with that comes a new problem. Why the **** do they make vergil just **** out about everything.I don't believe that the strong,intelegent and honorable old vergil would aprove of this ****ty guy. The old vergil would come in and slap some sense into this guy.

I think is a great game overall and an awesome entry point to new players and a start for what the game could be.
  70. Mar 30, 2014
    The game is amazing. Game-play is without any doubt one of the best for me. It has great combos and various attacks which deals different amount of damage. I played the original games too, but Dante was a little over the top there. This reboot brings you to a modern days which makes it more realistic. Story line should have been a little longer but it beats playing all game in one towerThe game is amazing. Game-play is without any doubt one of the best for me. It has great combos and various attacks which deals different amount of damage. I played the original games too, but Dante was a little over the top there. This reboot brings you to a modern days which makes it more realistic. Story line should have been a little longer but it beats playing all game in one tower (get the reference?) Expand
  71. Aug 27, 2014
    Capcom´s DMC: Devil May Cry consists of balanced elements which make this masterpiece awesome game experience. Enjoy both perfect gameplay, locations design, story, soundtrack and dubbing. It is worthwile to spend money for this adventure with wonderful story, very good gradation and surprising reversal in the end. Enjoy it...
  72. Jul 10, 2016
    This is the best Slasher of 2013. Best gameplay of the series and fantastic
    atmosphere. One big minus is a characters and story, but story was never best side of the franchise.
  73. Jun 1, 2014
    I love the DMC series, and when it comes to game play this is one of the best ones. The re-imagining of the DMC universe is spectacular. I love the characters and it was enough to keep me interested to play through almost all of the difficulties. The massive boss fights are beautifully choreographed, the enemies are unique and interesting, and the environment is awesome! My only two beefsI love the DMC series, and when it comes to game play this is one of the best ones. The re-imagining of the DMC universe is spectacular. I love the characters and it was enough to keep me interested to play through almost all of the difficulties. The massive boss fights are beautifully choreographed, the enemies are unique and interesting, and the environment is awesome! My only two beefs with the game is that some of the dialogue is beyond lame, and the boss fight with Mundus was incredibly easy after all of that build up. Expand
  74. Dec 25, 2015
    DmC: Devil May Cry is different from previous installments, but that does not mean it is a bad game. In fact, this is one of the most exciting experiences people could find these days.
  75. Sep 20, 2014
    Odio a los idiotas que le dan 0,1 y 2 a este juego, este es un gran reboot.. ¿Por que lo odian? ¿Por la nueva apariencia y personalidad de Dante? Si esto fuera un Remak de el primer o el tercer juego valdría que fuera el mismo Dante, pero este es un reboot no tiene que ser igual. Quitando la comparación del nuevo y el viejo Dante este juego es sin dudas increíble y muy bueno. Fan boy: NO,Odio a los idiotas que le dan 0,1 y 2 a este juego, este es un gran reboot.. ¿Por que lo odian? ¿Por la nueva apariencia y personalidad de Dante? Si esto fuera un Remak de el primer o el tercer juego valdría que fuera el mismo Dante, pero este es un reboot no tiene que ser igual. Quitando la comparación del nuevo y el viejo Dante este juego es sin dudas increíble y muy bueno. Fan boy: NO, NO LO ES, DANTE ES UN EMO Y.... Y.... Y LO ODIO. No es un emo y no es un muerto que habla, en comparación con el original tampoco lo parece, el Dante antiguo esta sobre valorado. Yo no he jugado todos los Devil May Cry antiguos, solo el 3, pero Dante me parece un tipo duro muy torpe y poco mas. En DMC3 siempre la cagaba, no podía hacer algo sin que la cosa saliera mal. No siempre salía mal todo, pero era algo constante que podías esperar con seguridad en las cinemáticas. También hay gente que dice que el combate es malo por no ser uno completamente nuevo e innovador ya que usan algunas cosas de los anteriores DMC. El combate es buenísimo no hay duda, no es 100% nuevo ni innovador, es una mezcla de todo lo bueno del DMC3 con nuevas armas y habilidades. Otra cosa es que por lo que he oído la historia del DMC3 y DMC4 de los antiguos tenían la mejor historia de la serie antigua, pero eso no es decir mucho, e oído que DMC3 y DMC4 tienen la misma calidad de historia. ¿Y que había? pues en DMC3 tenias un hermano que viene a conquistar el mundo y lo vas a matar, FIN. Había drama (bien echo por cierto) pero uno podía sentir que no era la gran cosa por que era una precuela del DMC1, así que uno ya sabia que Dante sobreviviría y le ganaría. Aquí la historia es mucho mejor, si la tuviera que puntuar seria un 07/10, mejor que en DMC3, si tuviera que puntuar DMC3 seria un 05/10. Hay gente que dice que el combate y dificultad son un chiste. Pues todos son Fanboys por que la dificultad es buena. Hay 7 dificultades, las 3 primeras son fácil, medio y difícil, pero las otras 4 son una locura que te dará un muy buen reto. DMC3 me parece muy difícil en dificultad normal, mientras que este me parece justo con principiantes. Por lo que lo recomiendo para entrar a la franquicia, y si eres de los que les gusta los retos, los 4 modos de dificultad extra son muy muy difíciles de superar. Lo mas malo del juego seria que los personajes principales no son tan agradables como los originales, en eso tienen razón los fans y fanboys del original, Dante y Vergil no son tan agradables pero seguro que lo arreglan en los siguientes juegos. Este es un gran reboot. Pero tiene fallas en algunas partes, como que a veces los enemigos le darán al aire y te pegaran a ti, o que algunas escenas no se pueden saltar y molesta mucho cuando quieres apresurarte en un nivel. Este juego tiene mucha rejugabilidad y es un trabajo bien echo al final. Le doy un 08/10. Si los próximos DmC tienen la misma calidad de este juego, entonces me pueden considerar un fan del reboot. Expand
  76. Sep 10, 2015
    I played all DMC games before, I loved them all, personally I loved most first and third.
    At first I was very angry about reboot. Turned blind eye to a game and my opinion was full of hatred... But then... Well it's stupid compare reboot to a old games. I mean story and writting isn't best really, but gameplay, environments, concept is really nice. And music isn't very monotonic. To be fair it's something new in gaming, some fresh air.... It might not a some deep masterpiece, but it's a good game to have fun, and games supposed to be fun. Also I'm happy with good PC performance, nice to eye graphics and smooth gameplay.
  77. Oct 4, 2014
    Okay, I have to admit. I did not play the original games. But this game is very amazing even for just an outsider who never played the original games. Beautiful graphics, brilliant combat, excellent story. What more can you ask for? In my opinion the best Hack n Slash game out there. Absolutely brilliant.
  78. Apr 4, 2017
    Don't believe the hate.

Don't believe the hate.

I fell in love with the DMC franchise the moment I saw a preview for it in an EB store, back in 2001. Badass, was not an adequate word for it. Loved the franchise ever since. Then I heard about the reboot and heard all about the controversy and the middle finger ninja theory gave to the fans with the white wig "never in a million years" insult. And decided not to play it. Got dmc in a bundle and decided to play it. I was missing out. This game is pretty awesome. The combat is fun and varied. The environments and visuals are great. And the new dante, is immaturely hilarious. The story is meh, but its alright. I think had ninja theory not pissed off the fans, this game would done and been received much better.
  79. Dec 13, 2014
    Simply I felt like a bad ass when playing the game.The story's good,the gameplay is good,the camera is a bi***h.But....EVERYONE WANT THE OLD,AWESOME,BAD ASS,DANTE!!!!!!!
  80. Jun 28, 2015
    Most amazing game of the series and sure 1 of my favorites.
    Music is finally new, and not repetitive, stuck well with the game.
    Game play is much more easy, you can make easier combos, and have all the weapons.
    Graphics are outstanding.

And finally it is the first DmC that has scenario.
  81. Aug 20, 2015
    As a fan of the Devil May Cry franchise I was excited with the existence of this new game, it didn't upset me at all the new look they gave Dante, people blame the developers for the idea but it was actually a strategy from Capcom to add more western followers to the franchise. Dante lost his signature hair but he still has the same flair, he may be a little bit more cocky and childishAs a fan of the Devil May Cry franchise I was excited with the existence of this new game, it didn't upset me at all the new look they gave Dante, people blame the developers for the idea but it was actually a strategy from Capcom to add more western followers to the franchise. Dante lost his signature hair but he still has the same flair, he may be a little bit more cocky and childish than in the original but it is suppose to symbolise his young age.
    The story is in a different universe from the originals, i's in a world were nobody realises the existance of demons. This world is controlled by the "demon king" Mundos, that was betrayed by Sparda, Dante's father. Mundo is determined to kill Dante for his father's betrayal and the story is focused around Dante and Vergil (Dante's brother who is the leader of a secret organization that tries to warn people of the existance of demons), they join forces to bring Mundos down.
    As for characters, most of them are interesting excluding the over focus on Kat who's Vergil's assistance and a human, she's not that interesting.
    The voice acting is definetly better than the originals and deserves props on that.
    The story is immersive and interesting and very creative and thought provoking.
    The game does have truly amazing graphics for the time it was released on, the level designs are amazing and new and do make the platforming much more interesting.
    Now the gameplay, which is were this game truly shines, it's in my opinion better than the originals and very fluid and fast, there are tons of combos and weapons so the game feels fresh every time you play it, it´s definetly very addicting and while the rating of the combos is a little bit broken and the is a lack of a lock on system it's very good. The boss battles are truly amazing and aren't monotone. The game even has an option to accelerate the speed by 20%.
    With this you have tons of replayhability, the game has lots of additional difficulties and veterans surely have their agenda scheduled for this. It also has extra missions and challenges that while not very interesting don't hurt to play. The dlc of Vergil's Downfall is kind of a continuation of the story and is also worth playing.
    This game delivers the true DmC experience that we were missing, the game is a blast to play and I recommend it to every Hack and Slash fan.
  82. Oct 21, 2016
    Having played all of the Devil May Cry games, I played this game with high expectations and, even though it is a reboot, it continuously met those expectations. I liked the new twist on the origin story of the twins. I didn't like Dante's new character design but Ninja Theory had the option to make him look like DMC3 Dante so I give them a pass on that. The graphics were amazing in myHaving played all of the Devil May Cry games, I played this game with high expectations and, even though it is a reboot, it continuously met those expectations. I liked the new twist on the origin story of the twins. I didn't like Dante's new character design but Ninja Theory had the option to make him look like DMC3 Dante so I give them a pass on that. The graphics were amazing in my opinion and I wish I could play the previous games with this kind of quality(but I would much rather have a DMC5).

The combat system was nice, not too easy, but still had the combos from previous games so you could really get points in style. The level designs were nice as well, with each level bringing a new challenge to it. None of the levels felt too long nor too short. They included many difficulty levels so it doesn't matter if you're new to the franchise or a veteran, you can play and feel challenged.

In terms of the characters, I felt they got closer to Dante than Vergil and felt that Dante had some great one-liners like he did in DMC3. I wish that Vergil had done more than just stay behind the scenes but the game did explain why he wasn't out fighting so, meh.

Overall, this game is a wonderful reboot of the original series. The characters may be a little off but this wasn't Capcom's baby so I expected them to be. Levels are interesting as well as the story and the multitude of weapons you have at your disposal are great for the players going for style points. Overall, a great game for just about anyone so long as you have an open mind.
  83. Nov 20, 2016
    This game may suffer from not having everything to please long time fans like me, but Dante has the same basic character archetype of the "lone-wolf" warrior even if hes not the gun toting pizza eating action hero he was. now he fits into a newer generation of hero. as a first attempt to revive the combat of the devil may cry series Ninja Theory did a fantastic job of reviving an olderThis game may suffer from not having everything to please long time fans like me, but Dante has the same basic character archetype of the "lone-wolf" warrior even if hes not the gun toting pizza eating action hero he was. now he fits into a newer generation of hero. as a first attempt to revive the combat of the devil may cry series Ninja Theory did a fantastic job of reviving an older series and i think anyone interested in this series should give it a try. Expand
  84. Dec 30, 2016
    Este juego es completamente dinámico, completamente alucinante en sistemas de combate y con una jugabilidad y escenarios muy vistosos.
    TODO en este juego es una maravilla, exceptuando un par de detalles. Primero, la personalidad de Vergil y Dante. Si bien ninguno de los 2 son exactamnte iguales a lo que eran en las entregas anteriores en cuanto a fisico, esto no es tan relevante... Pero no se puede perdonar que les hayan cambiado tanto la personalidad. Por ejemplo, Dante pasó de ser un carismático a ser un amargado y agresivo. Vergil pasó de ser un tipo serio e inteligente a ser un estúpido que poco le falta para parecer gay.

Si bien la personalidad de estos 2 personajes cambió drásticamente, en cuanto a historia es el mejor devil may cry, y en cuanto a jugabilidad tambien lo es, por lo que es completamente injusto ponerle una nota baja siendo que representa tan pero tan bien sus generos.
    Es un juegazo en todos sus aspectos, el odio viene del lado de la gente que está enamorada de dante o vergil, de aquellas personas que no pueden aceptar que los personajes cambien. Para toda esta gente solo tengo algo que decir... "No sean idiotas. En este juego Dante y Vergil son jovenes, son imprudentes, son idiotas, son inmaduros. Ambos tienen que aprender y mejorar. Muy posiblemente por no decir SEGURO, si la gente no hubiera sido tan llorona, habrian sacado DMC 2 y este juego sería un par de años despues, con la personalidad de dante carismático y vergil serio. Los personajes tienen que crecer, pues DMC muestra devil may cry desde sus inicios":
  85. Dec 25, 2016
    This game is awnsome This game is awnsome This game is awnsome This game is awnsome
    really good story, gameplay , action is great slasher i have played
  86. Apr 18, 2017
    Such a glorious deconstruction of stale overrated franchise for tasteless weaboos! Magnificent masterpiece, filled with charisma, self-irony, furious action, gorgeous art-direction and splendid level design. A stunningly beautiful piece of art where every detail is on its place, a majestic canvas where every stroke has its meaning. Game-parable. Game-revelation.
    Bye-bye, silver-haired
    Bye-bye, silver-haired anime boy. There's new sheriff in Limbo Town and he has a message for you:

7 out of 7: not for average mind.
  87. Jul 14, 2017
    The game isn't bad, but not perfect.
    + Good combat
    - Lack of Lock-on + I can dig the music - Dante is more of a jerk now, but I'm fine with it. ++++ Epic. +/- Story isn't that bad - Some lines and jokes were god awful. - Last boss was actually easier than the boss before. +/- It's not bad voice acting! It's good, but not enough to get a plus. - Very forgiving + Many different
    The game isn't bad, but not perfect.
    + Good combat
    - Lack of Lock-on
    + I can dig the music
    - Dante is more of a jerk now, but I'm fine with it.
    ++++ Epic.
    +/- Story isn't that bad
    - Some lines and jokes were god awful.
    - Last boss was actually easier than the boss before.
    +/- It's not bad voice acting! It's good, but not enough to get a plus.
    - Very forgiving
    + Many different difficulties.
    + The different modes are very interesting, actually.
    + If you're new to the genre, or want to play casually, maybe have some fun, and not get mad, or just want to feel like a god, well... Go on!
    + I found myself starting to do so many combos, trying to get a high score. I've never done that. My whole controller was being used.
    - You need to buy a DLC to get classic dante's skin.
    +/- A DLC, that is played after the game. Only get it, if you want to get more of the story. It's not that good, and it's clumsy gameplay with the character. It's a different one tho.
    - Colour correction. You need to kill blue enemies with blue weapons. Red with red weapons.
    + The platforming was great!

So I give it 8/10.
  88. Aug 14, 2017
    it's a good hack n' slash game with a good story. As someone who played the original DMCs, I say this is a awesome direction to reboot series. Excellent.
  89. Nov 3, 2017
    This is a great action with the most sophisticated combat system I ever saw in arcade slasher. The plot is passable, pretty much everything else is good.
    The only thing that bothered me was the protagonist: really annoying teen that never gets punished for his overconfidence. But that's just my personal taste, probably I was just a bit too old to relate to such character.
  90. Dec 2, 2017
    I've never played previous dmc, but now I think I can try, because, this game is really good. The plot is really weak, main hero(Dante) was annoying. Combat system is good, and some of bosses are amazing. Many people say that the soundtrack is the best part of the game, i understand, that, but for me the really best part of the game is level design, locations on this game are beautiful.I've never played previous dmc, but now I think I can try, because, this game is really good. The plot is really weak, main hero(Dante) was annoying. Combat system is good, and some of bosses are amazing. Many people say that the soundtrack is the best part of the game, i understand, that, but for me the really best part of the game is level design, locations on this game are beautiful. Worth to play. Expand

1. PC Master (Greece)
    Jun 10, 2013
    It’s an awesome game, despite its flaws. Whether you like the young Dante or not, is purely a matter of personal taste. But that’s not an excuse to ignore this gem. [March 2013]
  2. Feb 20, 2013
    DMC: Devil May Cry sublimates the best of the genre and conquest PC user with a fast-paced and eye-catching title, made of pure action.
  3. Feb 14, 2013
    Graphical flaws and overly linear gameplay aside, DmC is a solid first installment in the relaunched franchise.