6.7

1. Jan 19, 2015
    I have to say,DmC isn't the worst reboot,but it definitely has it's fair share of mistakes . However,this doesn't take away the absolute awesome moments in the game,so lets do this quick!

FINAL VERDICT Modern setting- 2 Plot is actually the best out of all the other DmC's (DevilMayCry)- 3 Graphically beautiful- 1 In the beggining sequence of the game when the white emo wig perfectly

FINAL VERDICT
    Modern setting- 2
    Plot is actually the best out of all the other DmC's (DevilMayCry)- 3
    Graphically beautiful- 1
    In the beggining sequence of the game when the white emo wig perfectly lands on Dante's head (A complete **** you to the fans of the old Dante,IT WASN'T AN EASTER EGG!)- -1
    Dante's new look and a bit of shift in personality- -3

FINAL RESULT=7
  2. Jan 12, 2015
    I am a big fan of the DMC Series, and I was among the few that was actually impressed with how this DmC was. As I played the game I felt that the controls were very well laid out which made the combat in the game quite awesome. However, the downside to the game I found that on the hardest difficulty it wasn't very challenging and getting SSS class was too easy.

The story telling of this

The story telling of this DmC was exceptional, especially compared to the previous games in the series. I think that this is where DmC actually shines. (As well as the awesome sound track)

For people who love these 3D hack and slashers it is a must play game, in regards to people slating it simply because Dante doesn't look like the 'original' Dante, it is worth keeping an open mind and the punky style really works for him. So consider it stand alone, it is a great game so don't judge it on that.

I give it a 7 because it simply wasn't challenging enough.
  3. Dec 23, 2014
    It sounds terrible at first. Is that skinny sick guy Dante? But look at what Ninja Theory did. DmC: Devil May Cry is nothing but the best installment of the series since Devil May Cry 3. The story, the gameplay, the graphics,... and the low system requirement overwhelm the tiny, forgettable, unnoticeable plot twist.
  4. Dec 17, 2014
    This one's a doozie, but here we go.

This one's a doozie, but here we go.

DmC: Devil May Cry, stupid name, already had fans twisted in a bunch long before the game came out. The redesign of Dante's appearance being the centerpiece of this glorious fan meltdown. when the game was revealed and the iconic Dante was made into a brooding EMO teenager who looked like he needed to smacked in the face a few times. Ninja theory quickly backtracked and made a few changes to his design. Unfortunately they just made him look like trailer trash with a bad attitude. Skip forward to release and Ninja Theory released a highly divisive title, both among critics and fans. This is the tale of my experiences with this game so bear with me if the review is a bit unstructured.

It's the night before release and i have the game preloaded on Steam, ready to go to sleep. I sit there with mixed feelings, both axcited and worried for the next day and the time ahead with DmC: Devil May Cry.

I come home from work and quickly rush boot up the game. The title screen appears and i hesitate before taking a slow breath. I start the game and I am immediately greeted with some of the worst and most cringe worthy dialouge i have ever heard. like taken straight out of an angsty teenagers fanfiction. The character design doesn't fare much better. Everyone looks like some bland generic representation of what Highschool student think is cool, complete with a Bill O'reilly parody of a corrupt government controlled News reporter. at this point a could only sigh and dread the coming days with this game. But it is not all bad.

After watching through an insulting introduction to Dante, making him look like some sleazy trailerpark trash who couldnt give a **** about anything in his life, i get the first glimmer of hope in this game. The gameplay. The controlls are tight and responsive, the animations are smooth and slick and the feel of control and badassnes (if thats even a word) that belong in a game like this are all there. And after playing through avery promising introductory level i am in high spirits, not as dicouraged as before. Maybe its going to be alright after all.

And then i encounter the first blemish to the excelent gamplay i have experienced so far. There is no enemy lockon funtion. Thats alright i think say to myself. not all action stylized action games need enemy lockon. But the game has guns and flying enemies so of course it need a lockon system, you'd be stupid to think otherwise. But so good so far. Nothing game breaking or rage inducing yet. The weapons all feel great and the addition of the two different whips where a great and well executed idea, really bringing the dynamic gameplay even farther. Being able to switch weapons mid combo works amazingly well and just feels right. The weapons and animations look great and fit together nicely. With the exception of the lack of a lockon system the gamplay really felt like the redeeming factor to an otherwise shaky experience.

The platforming with the whips also worked rather well and was a nice break of pace in otherwise chaotic action game.

And then i run into the first *colored* enemy of the game. And this is where the entire game unraveled and became progressively worse, besides the boss fights those where great. There are two kinds of colored enemies in the game, Red and Blue. You can only hit the red enemies with the red/demonic weapons and the blue enemies with the blue/angelic weapons. this doesnt sound so bad, but when coupled with the fact enemies group together and you cant lockon a single target it becomes almost impossible to do anything. When you attack a colored enemy with the wrong weapon it bounces off and you stagger. ITBOUNCESOFFANDYOUSTAGGER! In larger groups of enemies this completely grinds the pace of the game to a staggering (see what i did there) halt. And then they introduce enemies that change color. ARGHFDHJFJLH!!

But enough about high-school worthy writing and broken gameplay elements, what about the graphics and art design? apart from character design that is. Oh and the music what's that like? To put it bluntly it sucks. Gone is the gothic medieval citys and castles. Away with the otherworldy demons and knights, the angels and demons inspired by classic religion and mythology. Gone. Everything. Replaced by generic Monsters with chainsaws and generic city streets. The music is good but completely forgettable. It just doesn't fit. Instead of the grandious orchestras and powermetal of the previous games we are graced with emo alt metal and dubstep infuced rock.

The game was pretty disapointing and it makes me sad that the obviosly talented developers probably won't get another chance at making a sequel. The game is serviceable when it could have been great. If you are a game dev the game is a great lesson in how you dont put hamfisted ideas into otherwise amazing gameplay. Make sure **** work before implementing it.
  5. Dec 13, 2014
    Simply I felt like a bad ass when playing the game.The story's good,the gameplay is good,the camera is a bi***h.But....EVERYONE WANT THE OLD,AWESOME,BAD ASS,DANTE!!!!!!!
  6. Nov 24, 2014
    Pathetic excuse to use the DMC name. 30fps no difficulty and no styles make this a gigantic step backwards from the previous games. The story is a rip off of "They Live" and the dialogue is something that would make a grade-school bully cringe in embarrassment. And last of all the characters...oh the characters...they are a walking insult to the old incarnations and a constant middlePathetic excuse to use the DMC name. 30fps no difficulty and no styles make this a gigantic step backwards from the previous games. The story is a rip off of "They Live" and the dialogue is something that would make a grade-school bully cringe in embarrassment. And last of all the characters...oh the characters...they are a walking insult to the old incarnations and a constant middle finger to all the true fans of Devil May Cry. Expand
  7. Nov 22, 2014
    The character is terrible. Forgetting appearances for a moment, you get the sense that this is a teenager's concept of 'cool' and 'edgy', as if swearing were to somehow push boundaries. It does not, but the game acts as though it is the most witty thing in the world. I would think that by now the whole **** you" ...exchange is infamous enough.

The story and background are bizarre

The story and background are bizarre enough, as if pushing for some sort of agenda. Much like the aforementioned teenager fashion, you get the idea that you've also stumbled into some sort of sociology class. It felt a bit...rushed however, from a certain point.

Gameplay is different and unlike the others of the series, hands out S class so easily, you stop noticing it after a while and there is nothing truly complex about it. That said, the environment is interesting, as are the levels. Most of the enemies are pretty great. If you are barely starting the series and are only interested in the combat, by all means, enjoy although the huge number of cutscenes made this painful for me.

To those who liked the old Dante, the dialogue and voice acting will seem immensely jarring. There is no wit or the usual ham, no cleverness or, let's be frank, cheese. There are too few characters like that and too many characters "dark" simply for the sake of being "dark".
  8. Nov 15, 2014
    Before the game released i viewed the trailer and it looks good
    But when the game comes out and view the video i just can't believe it...
    No where compared to dmc 3s & 4
    simply a s___ game...yea S___
  9. Oct 4, 2014
    Okay, I have to admit. I did not play the original games. But this game is very amazing even for just an outsider who never played the original games. Beautiful graphics, brilliant combat, excellent story. What more can you ask for? In my opinion the best Hack n Slash game out there. Absolutely brilliant.
  10. Sep 22, 2014
    The game does not deserve all the fanboy hate it receives.

The level design in this game is insane. I've never see anything quite like it. The story is also, surprisingly, very good, with characters that actually feel like real people. Dante is cocky with a **** you' attitude at first, but rapidly grows a conscience and begins to truly care for the fate of mankind and his friends. A
    The game does not deserve all the fanboy hate it receives.

The level design in this game is insane. I've never see anything quite like it.

The story is also, surprisingly, very good, with characters that actually feel like real people. Dante is cocky with a **** you' attitude at first, but rapidly grows a conscience and begins to truly care for the fate of mankind and his friends. A lot of people hate him, but I personally found him very likeable.

There are issues with the game however, but only when compared with past DMC games. The combat is far more simplistic with less weapons to choose from and the levels, though designed spectacularly, are far more linear and do not reward exploration quite as much as past titles in the series. This pissed a lot of people off, understandably. They aren't things that bothered me too much though, so I actually enjoyed the game a great deal.

A real shame it sold so poorly and received so much hate from the fanbase. It truly was a high quality product with a great story. I would love to see a sequel, but it seems unlikely now.
  11. Sep 22, 2014
    I'm going to start by saying that I'm insanely biased. DMC1 is (IMO, of course) one of the greatest games ever made. DMC2 was garbage, but DMC3 was decent. (I actually skipped DMC4; it just didn't look good to me.) This isn't a DMC1 review, so I'll leave it at that, but I want to start there because my review of DmC is hindered on my perspective of the first game and the series prior.I'm going to start by saying that I'm insanely biased. DMC1 is (IMO, of course) one of the greatest games ever made. DMC2 was garbage, but DMC3 was decent. (I actually skipped DMC4; it just didn't look good to me.) This isn't a DMC1 review, so I'll leave it at that, but I want to start there because my review of DmC is hindered on my perspective of the first game and the series prior.

First, I do want to say that the game looks good. The environment looked good and aside from the occasional awkward camera angle, things looked distinct, clear, and flashy, which includes the various combos and weapons animations.

Unfortunately, this game suffers heavily from cinephilia. The game is way too short and is very linear; the side areas/challenges/secrets offer very little in variety or exploration. This new weapon style of doing demon/angel activation felt awkward and did little to enhance the combo system. And for me, I've always been an Ebony&Ivory/Rebellion guy, but they neutered the guns and you literally can't use Rebellion (or guns, for that matter) on many enemies. (Speaking of, where are the enemies? Outside of challanges, it felt like I did hardly any fighting.) Rather than giving you a bunch of options and letting YOU choose which is more fun, the combat feels forced on you. Since the combat system is what always made me love DMC, this awkwardness is what killed the experience.

Lastly, I want to add that the story and the characters were incredibly weak. Dialogue was B-movie material and the characters were uninteresting (not to mention this new Dante looks like butt). I try not to put too much weight in stories for games like this, so that's all I say about it.

Ultimately, I got this game for less than $10, which is what enticed me to try it and why I'm not angry about wasting too much money on it, but it was disappointing and I can definitely understand how someone might be bitter about dropping $50 on this.
  12. Sep 20, 2014
    Odio a los idiotas que le dan 0,1 y 2 a este juego, este es un gran reboot.. ¿Por que lo odian? ¿Por la nueva apariencia y personalidad de Dante? Si esto fuera un Remak de el primer o el tercer juego valdría que fuera el mismo Dante, pero este es un reboot no tiene que ser igual. Quitando la comparación del nuevo y el viejo Dante este juego es sin dudas increíble y muy bueno. Fan boy: NO,Odio a los idiotas que le dan 0,1 y 2 a este juego, este es un gran reboot.. ¿Por que lo odian? ¿Por la nueva apariencia y personalidad de Dante? Si esto fuera un Remak de el primer o el tercer juego valdría que fuera el mismo Dante, pero este es un reboot no tiene que ser igual. Quitando la comparación del nuevo y el viejo Dante este juego es sin dudas increíble y muy bueno. Fan boy: NO, NO LO ES, DANTE ES UN EMO Y.... Y.... Y LO ODIO. No es un emo y no es un muerto que habla, en comparación con el original tampoco lo parece, el Dante antiguo esta sobre valorado. Yo no he jugado todos los Devil May Cry antiguos, solo el 3, pero Dante me parece un tipo duro muy torpe y poco mas. En DMC3 siempre la cagaba, no podía hacer algo sin que la cosa saliera mal. No siempre salía mal todo, pero era algo constante que podías esperar con seguridad en las cinemáticas. También hay gente que dice que el combate es malo por no ser uno completamente nuevo e innovador ya que usan algunas cosas de los anteriores DMC. El combate es buenísimo no hay duda, no es 100% nuevo ni innovador, es una mezcla de todo lo bueno del DMC3 con nuevas armas y habilidades. Otra cosa es que por lo que he oído la historia del DMC3 y DMC4 de los antiguos tenían la mejor historia de la serie antigua, pero eso no es decir mucho, e oído que DMC3 y DMC4 tienen la misma calidad de historia. ¿Y que había? pues en DMC3 tenias un hermano que viene a conquistar el mundo y lo vas a matar, FIN. Había drama (bien echo por cierto) pero uno podía sentir que no era la gran cosa por que era una precuela del DMC1, así que uno ya sabia que Dante sobreviviría y le ganaría. Aquí la historia es mucho mejor, si la tuviera que puntuar seria un 07/10, mejor que en DMC3, si tuviera que puntuar DMC3 seria un 05/10. Hay gente que dice que el combate y dificultad son un chiste. Pues todos son Fanboys por que la dificultad es buena. Hay 7 dificultades, las 3 primeras son fácil, medio y difícil, pero las otras 4 son una locura que te dará un muy buen reto. DMC3 me parece muy difícil en dificultad normal, mientras que este me parece justo con principiantes. Por lo que lo recomiendo para entrar a la franquicia, y si eres de los que les gusta los retos, los 4 modos de dificultad extra son muy muy difíciles de superar. Lo mas malo del juego seria que los personajes principales no son tan agradables como los originales, en eso tienen razón los fans y fanboys del original, Dante y Vergil no son tan agradables pero seguro que lo arreglan en los siguientes juegos. Este es un gran reboot. Pero tiene fallas en algunas partes, como que a veces los enemigos le darán al aire y te pegaran a ti, o que algunas escenas no se pueden saltar y molesta mucho cuando quieres apresurarte en un nivel. Este juego tiene mucha rejugabilidad y es un trabajo bien echo al final. Le doy un 08/10. Si los próximos DmC tienen la misma calidad de este juego, entonces me pueden considerar un fan del reboot. Expand
  13. Sep 12, 2014
    decent but uninspired. graphically quite good and didnt have any issues with freezes and crashes. combat is generally decent but too often you get caught up generally doing the same things over and over again which becomes repetitive fast. but way short on content and game finished a bit too quickly. New Game+ should not be primarily relied upon to add content/play-time.
  14. Sep 4, 2014
    Not the best Devil May Cry game by any means but definitely a good one. It had its flaws but still, it was fun. Nice soundtrack, ok gameplay (it could have been better), ok bosses (could have been better too) and ok levels and story as well. Dante was ok too although he was **** compared to the original. The previous games top this one easily but that doesn't make it a bad one. A decent, fun game.
  15. Aug 27, 2014
    Capcom´s DMC: Devil May Cry consists of balanced elements which make this masterpiece awesome game experience. Enjoy both perfect gameplay, locations design, story, soundtrack and dubbing. It is worthwile to spend money for this adventure with wonderful story, very good gradation and surprising reversal in the end. Enjoy it...
  16. Aug 8, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. well i not saying this game is 100% suck buuut it's need just some stuff that we all want.
    OLD dante that is all the time badass . i don't think this "new emo dante or donte" is cool it's stupid srsly
    i don't want to tulk about vergil . the new one is .....suck just suck . that my opinion 0soo don't get mad or some thing.
    i see the graphiques was awesome i give it 8/10 the moves was cool but a bit slow but cool i give it 7/10
    the story is 5.5/10 didn't like it mush but not bad .
    i just feel bad to see the main character that i use to play with changed by a teen age boy want attention some how. that how it's looks . it was hard for me to egnore playing by him but i big fan of dmc so i have to . and way my point is . the most of the fans bad about the change of the characters and how they is .
    most of you does not care about the story since the character gone be like dante in DMC3 or DMC4 with the same voice acter . sorry for my english
  17. Jul 19, 2014
    Ok look. Some may find the reboot ok. others find it horrible, I as many wasn't happy with the redesign, but when i played the game i though "Eh not that bad". However there is a Major flaw in the design that at the time may seem minimal, but inevitably will hurt the game. The design is not timeless like the original. By shifting the whole absurdity and giving it a serious almost Emo/punkOk look. Some may find the reboot ok. others find it horrible, I as many wasn't happy with the redesign, but when i played the game i though "Eh not that bad". However there is a Major flaw in the design that at the time may seem minimal, but inevitably will hurt the game. The design is not timeless like the original. By shifting the whole absurdity and giving it a serious almost Emo/punk tone it will become dated quickly. even now i look at the game and find it hasn't aged well already. The new Dante has no staying power or ability to keep you interested in him more then i would in a snail. Maybe it will get a new game or 2 or retcon into a more classical route and properly evolve the story, but if not i will see this franchise get rebooted again quite soon. Expand
  18. Jun 1, 2014
    I love the DMC series, and when it comes to game play this is one of the best ones. The re-imagining of the DMC universe is spectacular. I love the characters and it was enough to keep me interested to play through almost all of the difficulties. The massive boss fights are beautifully choreographed, the enemies are unique and interesting, and the environment is awesome! My only two beefsI love the DMC series, and when it comes to game play this is one of the best ones. The re-imagining of the DMC universe is spectacular. I love the characters and it was enough to keep me interested to play through almost all of the difficulties. The massive boss fights are beautifully choreographed, the enemies are unique and interesting, and the environment is awesome! My only two beefs with the game is that some of the dialogue is beyond lame, and the boss fight with Mundus was incredibly easy after all of that build up. Expand
  19. May 26, 2014
    i have played all DMC. from DMC 1,2,3,4 and this DmC. and what i like from this game is only it's combat control. all other things like Graphic, Story, Music. it's not suited to be called a DMC sequel. i especially hate the Character's Graphic. in previous DMC all the character is cool. and even the enemy is cool. but in this DmC, not just the enemy who is uncool. even Dante is so uncool.i have played all DMC. from DMC 1,2,3,4 and this DmC. and what i like from this game is only it's combat control. all other things like Graphic, Story, Music. it's not suited to be called a DMC sequel. i especially hate the Character's Graphic. in previous DMC all the character is cool. and even the enemy is cool. but in this DmC, not just the enemy who is uncool. even Dante is so uncool. BUT, maybe i would give around 6, 7, or 8 if this is just a random game and not a DMC sequel. Expand
  20. May 23, 2014
    I really had some serious doubts this game would be good enough. I have played dmc 1,3 and 4. This game might look a little bit easternish compered to other anime style japanese ones. But it definetly deserves the attention dmc 5 would have.

+ beautiful visuals + epic soundtrack and voice acting. + optimised and fluid gameplay. - a little bit easier than older games but it might

+ beautiful visuals
    + epic soundtrack and voice acting.
    + optimised and fluid gameplay.

- a little bit easier than older games but it might be because of my awesome skills got better and better in time :)
  21. May 23, 2014
    I loved this reboot of the DMC series. Also, people need to calm down about the Young Dante, it's a "REBOOT" if they started it where they left off then it wouldn't be a reboot, it'd be a continuation. I do admit this game has many flaws of what Dante, and Vergil originated from and the dialogue is the same as always, awkward and too cheesy. This games story that began it all, reallyI loved this reboot of the DMC series. Also, people need to calm down about the Young Dante, it's a "REBOOT" if they started it where they left off then it wouldn't be a reboot, it'd be a continuation. I do admit this game has many flaws of what Dante, and Vergil originated from and the dialogue is the same as always, awkward and too cheesy. This games story that began it all, really doesn't make much sense but don't try to **** me and say the DMC series has had a good story. I'd recommend this to you if you wanted to pass about 12 hours, haha. It's an averagely good game. Expand
  22. May 8, 2014
    this game doesn't respect this name to have.I know is an reboot but for the love of GOD .. change it into "DevilGayCry" and than is ok...this game's story is pathetic and the character's design is just soo poor and unexpected bad also the dialogue is ahahahaha
  23. UCA
    May 8, 2014
    It's a diffcult game. But I think this game is too simple because you really only can be two skills, dodge an attack and attack with your weapon or magic.
  24. Apr 10, 2014
    Challenging, well built protagonist, huge variety of gameplay moves and attacks. The graphics are awesome and the story is non-realistic, but attractive. I guess it's none that I don't like, but it should be more.
  25. Apr 5, 2014
    The game is good but it's created 100% for consoles. The movement, the fights, everything. May be if I owned a console would play it, but after the first mission I uninstalled it.
  26. Mar 30, 2014
    The game is amazing. Game-play is without any doubt one of the best for me. It has great combos and various attacks which deals different amount of damage. I played the original games too, but Dante was a little over the top there. This reboot brings you to a modern days which makes it more realistic. Story line should have been a little longer but it beats playing all game in one towerThe game is amazing. Game-play is without any doubt one of the best for me. It has great combos and various attacks which deals different amount of damage. I played the original games too, but Dante was a little over the top there. This reboot brings you to a modern days which makes it more realistic. Story line should have been a little longer but it beats playing all game in one tower (get the reference?) Expand
  27. Mar 23, 2014
    I really tired to give this game a fair shake but no matter how hard I tried I just couldn't get into it. I have admittedly played the older dmc games and enjoyed mainly the third one but I don't think that's the reason I didn't care for this one much. I did like the limbo city level design, everything twisting and becoming a parallel demonic world was pretty cool looking, and theI really tired to give this game a fair shake but no matter how hard I tried I just couldn't get into it. I have admittedly played the older dmc games and enjoyed mainly the third one but I don't think that's the reason I didn't care for this one much. I did like the limbo city level design, everything twisting and becoming a parallel demonic world was pretty cool looking, and the platforming/semi quick time event sections weren't excessively tedious which can sometimes be a problem with this kind of game. The music was also very nice. Where the game fell short for me was the combat, it wasn't that I was so amazing at the game, it's that the game kept rewarding me for excessive mediocrity. I found the controls slightly awkward for a while (though that was more a problem on my end than with the game) but it didn't really matter, I found that attacking a target and switching weapons/attacks at random consistently yielded SSS combat rating for no apparent reason. I had done nothing fancy, I hadn't avoided getting hit that often but so long as I kept switching weapons the game was pretty sure I was amazing so what was the point of actually learning how to chain anything? Again it's not that it was too easy or that I was so great, I was getting hit and sometimes getting hit badly, the game just didn't seem to care. It is also awkward to have no lock on system so you kind of have to just face the general direction of what you want to hit and hope the game understands what you're trying to do. The story was kind of meh but let's be honest here no one is playing this game for the amazing narrative, they're playing it for the ability to stab a giant demon in the face with a magic sword which the game does deliver on. My only other problem was the character design and oddly enough new Dante wasn't my issue, it was everyone else. They all looked strange to me and my biggest gripe strangely was new Vergil, I think they were going for sleek, cool, level headed badass but ended up with well dressed, yet still somehow out of place douchebag. That's not a huge deal breaker but it was slightly bothersome. Overall it's a decent action game but it's nothing special or different and the lack of motivation to get any better at fighting things was a big turn off. Expand
  28. Mar 18, 2014
    The game is beautiful and very good optimized, the stages have good design sometime to colorful. But the characters are week, disappointing for me bad reboot(not talking for Dante hairs), the jokes are not funny some bosses look annoying don't like all the weapons. Beautiful Hack and slash with poor characters and story.
  29. Mar 17, 2014
    Though DMC is not as good devil may cry 3 or 4, it's still an great game. The combat is fluid, it has some awesome music and amazing environments. The only disappointment for me was that the game is not nearly as hard as the other installments
  30. Mar 12, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. First i wish to say to many people that have posted their score in here that they are being stupid.
    I saw many 3 to even 0. You do not know what a rated 3 game feels like clearly.
    Many of you are **** because of the new Dante. I was kind sad at first because i liked the old one but don't come here and just say **** and give 0s without even playing.
    So let's talk about the game now.
    The level design is awesome and original.the combat feels fluid and realistic.
    Many are talking about being too easy and to them i tell: Show me you playing on hell and hell difficulty.
    They probably don't even know that exists.
    The graphics were above average.
    Not having a lock on system is a minor flaw, i didn't really had any problem with it.
    The story is not something awesome but it as its fair share of interesting concepts.
    While your doing your awesome combos and running around all the places you can hear the awesome music from combichrist and noisia
    So now to talk about the characters including the new dante.
    The new dante kind of portraits what the teenagers are nowadays, and don't forget that this is a reboot.
    I think they are just trying to create a starting point for dante, where he starts as this **** teen but as he gets older he starts to just have more respect and sense in his head leaving him close to the old dante that we know.His hair turned white with the achievement of his full demon potential, so now we just need to watch him evolve as a person.I think that this as already started with him going from not giving a **** on the beginning of the game and ending up caring about the human race and pledging to protect them from what is coming next.This is what i want and i think they are doing,
    Kat is basically there to provide a potential love interest and to give the fans what they think is a hot female. She could be so much more if they wanted her to be,like giving a little more about her nightmares and making us fell more attached to her.She does play a part in dante personality development i believe,
    Now to talk about the one which was the most disappointing to me,Vergil, He starts up as a good guy and nothing really wrong with that, but he just feels too weak, vergil was made to look badass right next to his brother but in here it showed vergil as weak and in need of protecting.I played vergil downfall so i know hes getting stronger but with that comes a new problem. Why the **** do they make vergil just **** out about everything.I don't believe that the strong,intelegent and honorable old vergil would aprove of this ****ty guy. The old vergil would come in and slap some sense into this guy.

I think is a great game overall and an awesome entry point to new players and a start for what the game could be.
  31. Feb 13, 2013
    Okey, so I´ve been playing this game for around five hours. Sure, I can say that I never have been much for hack and slash. But I loved the older DMC games! I feel that they wanted too much with this game, they wanted the old style from DMC but they also wanted to add a lot of thing, personely I think it´s way too much things to keep track on. All from the weapons, wips and skills. In theOkey, so I´ve been playing this game for around five hours. Sure, I can say that I never have been much for hack and slash. But I loved the older DMC games! I feel that they wanted too much with this game, they wanted the old style from DMC but they also wanted to add a lot of thing, personely I think it´s way too much things to keep track on. All from the weapons, wips and skills. In the end I just mashed X-button, to get rid of the mobs. The mobs are so boring, they don´t even look intresting. But the bosses, ohh mama! They were really nice, especially the voice acting! I remember the old days, playing DMC with the stiff camera, those were the days. Collapse

1. Jun 10, 2013
    It’s an awesome game, despite its flaws. Whether you like the young Dante or not, is purely a matter of personal taste. But that’s not an excuse to ignore this gem. [March 2013]
  2. Feb 20, 2013
    DMC: Devil May Cry sublimates the best of the genre and conquest PC user with a fast-paced and eye-catching title, made of pure action.
  3. Feb 14, 2013
    Graphical flaws and overly linear gameplay aside, DmC is a solid first installment in the relaunched franchise.