7.5

1. Nov 24, 2012
    Exactly what you expect from the Doom franchise. It's amazing in every way. Anyone complaining about it, is either a moron or has never played the other Doom games.
  2. Aug 5, 2013
    Not sure why this game has a mixed or average 7.3 as a user score and only an 87. This is by far one of the best survival horror games I have ever played. The game looks like a 2010 title yet its only a 2004 one. I never really paid much attention to Doom 3 when it first came out because I was never into scary games, but Doom 3 really pulled me into its atmosphere, something video games rarely do to me let alone one made nine years ago. Some silly design choices like not being able to hold a flashlight and a gun at the same time and a lack of enemy variety are some of the flaws this game has, but nevertheless is an amazing title. I hope this franchise's future is still intact, I really want to see Doom 4 on Id Tech 5. Expand
  3. Sep 21, 2010
    I loved playing this game, It was really scary and really in your face. It tries to scare you in the game by popping out instead of the chills down your spine scary you get in the F.E.A.R Series. It has alot of erie moments in the game. I loved all the detail they put in the game. It was one of my favorite. It is a must buy for any FPS shooter fan. Get it and you wont regret it!!
  4. Jan 1, 2013
    Must own game even in this age of gaming. Great shooting game that should be played by anyone that calls themselves an FPS fan, but don't think you can handle the graphics? There's a mod for that. Rather have the falshlight on your weapons? There's a mod for that, Want faster-paced gameplay closer to the original Doom? There's a mod for that. Rather have a medieval fantasy setting with Shield and melee combat? There's a mod for that. Want a completely different, stealth based game a-like to the kinds of Thief, but with better graphics and 100's of community made maps and missions? There's a mod for that. Have a look for some examples here, gamefront.com/5-must-play-doom-3-mods/, and, moddb.com/games/doom-iii, for the examples given and use you trusty friend Google to find out more about these countless mods, many of which can improve any problems you personally have with the game, or that many have with it. I cannot think of a reson you should not buy it.

Have fun
  5. Nov 23, 2012
    I have to be honest. DOOM3 BEST GAME EVER AND YOU SHOULD BE PLAYING IT RIGHT NOW NOT READING MY REVIEW ARE YOU STUPID WHY AM I WRITING THIS REVIEW I HAVE TO GO PLAY DOOM3 100000000000000000/10 GAME AT LEAST THE GRAPHICS REALLY PLEASURE MY EYES AND THE SOUND MAKES ME CRY FROM HAPPINESS GAMEPLAY GOT MY SOUL ITS AWESOME. ANOTHER SUCCESS FROM id software, our creator and ruler. AND YES THIS IS SCARY AS HELL! GOT IT? HELL?? heha Expand
  6. Mar 12, 2012
    Doom 3 is, and always will be, one of my favourite shooters around. It is very scary (no wonder it was packaged with a disclaimer to keep the volume down at night), as you can never see the enemies coming. The shooting is tough but fun, and is addictive to play. The graphics are good (the brains popping out are a little disturbing) and the story is simple but that isn't what Doom is all about. Hopefully Doom 4 will be an excellent sequel in an excellent franchise. Expand
  7. Feb 21, 2014
    A great game even after a decade its a timeless master piece. If your looking for a good fun adventure with tons of violence gore and exploration. The story isn't good but the game sure is and for a cheap price of just ten dollars its worth it.
  8. Mar 26, 2011
    This title was pretty controversial when it came out. Not because of the content, but because of te quality: many said that the final product failed to meet their expectations. This hwever was not the case with me. Furthermore, i consider it one of the best FPS games there is: I Actually still play it, so its up there with Quake and Doom 1. The graphics are lovely, and even though they no longer are as breathtaking as they were 7 years ago when the game came out, they still may impress. The game is painfully linear, but that's something I'm willing to look over for the sake of a good time spent playing. Expand
  9. Oct 4, 2010
    While not as classy and genre defining as the original, Doom 3 contains a rich scary atmosphere, outstanding visuals and creepy sound effects. It's just a shame about the actual gameplay and the horrible multiplayer. But for a Doom fan this is a must.
  10. Dec 12, 2010
    After replaying this game, it has stricken me yet again just how masterful id Software is at crafting no-excuses video games. They took a simply story, tried and true since 1993, and crafted such a fantastically detailed, depressingly immersive world around it that you will understand exactly why the pioneer of the modern video game experience spent a full five years working on it. A lot of soul was poured into this game, with expansive, breathtaking, claustrophobic levels that clock in at nearly a day's worth of playtime -- not something that can be said of the shooters of 2010.

While the antics of a deranged scientist might not be all that deep an contemplative, and while the scares might sometimes come across as cheap and closet-popping, the action for the last two-thirds of the game is absolutely frantic and paced very much like the Doom we all loved, while the demonic invasion pulls you in with no apologies for its themes. From the poorly-lit blood-soaked halls of the Delta Labs, to the awe-inspiring swathes of Martian landscape traversed on the Monorail, to the distinctly otherplanar and highly disturbing realm of Hell itself, there truly is no substitute for the world Doom 3 pulls you into with the crushing grip of a Hellknight.

If you use a flashlight mod for your weapons, or complain about the stifling darkness of the locales, you really are missing the point. This is Mars, suffering a demonic invasion. If you want a well-lit seizure-inducing action-packed experience, the Call of Duty series might be for you. For the rest of us, this dark, disturbing romp will suffice.
  11. Sep 21, 2010
    Awesome visuals, terrifying environment make it the best horror FPS game till date. Darkness in the game is just perfect to engross you. The game also has a great repeat value.
  12. Nov 23, 2010
    It is a game that you either love, or hate; and to me, it still holds up to this day. I can never get bored of it; maybe it makes me a freak in the gaming community. Gorgeous artwork, that if you invest the effort into to get 1440 by 900 resolution (or higher) working along with max settings, that really holds up even to this day despite it's somewhat retro status. Solid shooting elements are complimented by near perfect pacing for each combat encounter in each room as you progress; accented by scary sound effects, and stellar sound design. The only flaw with the game is the horrid multiplayer, somewhat lackluster storyline, and the effort it takes to get the game to run on higher resolutions; you'll find the solution to THAT one is easier than you think! Otherwise, this game stands out in my Steam library as a true classic regardless of the divided Doom fan base and it's opinions on this game. Expand
  13. Nov 13, 2011
    Trapped on that Hellish world known as Mars, which is in fact, under siege by the forces of hell, Doom guy finds himself in a bit of a pickle; all of the his companions are dead, and he has a machine gun. Getting right down to the point, Doom 3 is a great game, even with present day games, I find it harder and harder to find a game that has great action, and one that is also a challenge, and Doom 3 was quite challenging. The story for Doom 3, it wasn't bad, but it certainly doesn't stand out , but you don't really play Doom for the story, you play it to kill demons! This is a game where monsters are plentiful, but medpacks are not, a game that makes you fight for any kind of reward, with no regenerating health. However, This is not a horror game, although the developers wanted to put a horror twist into the game, when it comes right down to it, not everyone will be scared by this game, although I sure was, this game kept me tense most of the way through, and although I could predict a few scares, it just depends on what scares you. All i can say is, this is a great shooter, and although the enemy AI has it's flaws, the large amount of enemy variety has always kept this game fresh for me, I would highly recommend Doom 3 for anyone who wants a fun and addictive shooter game. The game does make me a bit mad that you have to beat the game in order to unlock the night mare difficulty. but what ever : P Expand
  14. Sep 27, 2011
    Having completed Doom 3 twice on Xbox and once on PC, I'd give it a solid 9. In my opinion one of the better FPS games around. Doom 3 is very intense and atmospheric and would keep you on the edge from start to finish. Should you let your guard down for a second and an enemy would pop out of nowhere and damage you greatly. Doom 3 manages to place enemies in all the right spots. Even later on into the game once you get used to monsters doing that, it still manages to make you jump. With some FPS games all you do is just shoot as many monsters coming your way as fast as you possibly can. No brain cells involved, just let all the ammo loose. *coughPainkillercough* With Doom 3 it's not like that. Enemies come out at unexpected moments, they ambush you, they actually use various attacks (as opposed to just plainly charging head on towards you). Now admittedly Doom 3 can get repetitive, because majority of areas and levels look very much alike. However the game at least puts effort in varying the gameplay slightly by introducing new monsters every now and then, which get tougher further into the game, and also you find a lot of new guns, such as minigun, plasma gun, rocket launcher, chainsaw and even the good ol BFG. And all this is done in fantastic graphics, which are truly mindblowing, managing to engross you. Apart from just going and shooting monsters, you do need to pay attention to things such as PDAs which you pick up from dead guards and scientists, and read through the emails and listen to audio logs, for they often have valuable information, such as cabinet codes and such. Although mostly linear, and lacking in bonus content, Doom 3 is still a solid game. Expand
  15. Aug 18, 2012
    One of the most excitin games I have ever played! The only problem I had was the dark setting. Given the length of the game, the darkness became somewhat tedious. All in all, great weapons, challenging enemies, and many surprises.
  16. Sep 19, 2011
    The first couple of levels scared me a bit. But then the game just dragged on. All of the environments look the same, the guns feel akward, and the scares just turn silly. Also, if your going to make a game where it is incredibly dark, be sure to add night vision, not a flash light that you have to hold instead of a weapon.
  17. Sep 29, 2011
    One of my favorite semi-classic FPS. First off, it's id software, the engine they have created is perfect. Unified shadows, and a new Doom. Beaufitul, period.
  18. Nov 14, 2011
    I won't say it's a Game of the Year, but definitely worth to play. Great atmosphere and sound effect make every dark corner a source of fear. The graphic was outstanding even by today's standard. I love how it feel and sound when I use my shotgun to kill a devil, very satisfying. This was some id's classical great work during the old days and must give a try.
  19. Jan 8, 2012
    6 years on this game still has some of the best visuals and sound around. Level design is gorgeous and interesting with countless creative touches and detail. Sound quality is also excellent and quite spooky. The monsters are fun to fight and a few parts made me jump in my seat, although they are a little too easy. I understand some people getting bored with it after a few levels but overall it was a rewarding experience and one of my favorites. Expand
  20. Oct 7, 2013
    A masterpiece. Deep atmosphere and immersion. You play the role of a space marine as you investigate some serious problems going on in mars base. The AI is brutal and the terrain can be confusing but that is just a test of your survival capabilities. I hope you have good reflexes.
  21. Oct 26, 2012
    DOOM is a legendary game series. Now in its third major entry the series goes modern. Everyone knows the story to the DOOM games, your a marine who is on a space station when Hell literally breaks loose and its up to you to stop the demons. The gameplay is everything I want in an FPS and the game has an atmosphere so tense that I would almost call it a horror title too. The only gripe I have with it...lack of story, but its DOOM so it cant help it. Expand
  22. Oct 14, 2012
    This game scared the hell out of me in 2004 with my bada$$ setup and speakers. I couldn't even finish it because I was a baby, and the BFG edition still has the same great scary atmosphere after all these years! Can't wait until Doom 4!!!!!
  23. May 19, 2013
    Frightening as hell and hard as hell. Many people have complained about the story... You cannot expect literary greatness from a series titled 'Doom.'
  24. Aug 4, 2013
    Odlična je grafika i sve ostalo, veliki broj misija, priča, samo je previše mračna i strašna..........................................................
  25. Nov 7, 2013
    When I first played this as a kid I was very scared of it for some reason. Now I go play it and enjoy the leap from 2.5D to 3D! One day there is going to be two super countries Valve and iD
  26. Apr 29, 2014
    DOOM 3 is an amazing game. Back when it first came out, I was literally too scared to even play it. Even as an adult now, the game still has it's frightening moments. With a massive weapon selection and immerse story line, you can get lost for hours in Mars City killing demons and sending them back to Hell. A true work of art.
  27. Aug 7, 2014
    This game is the **** **** 8/8 m8 .

1. The graphics are amazing (mind you, even on a mediocre system), the sound is amazing (if you don’t have a 5.1 system yet, consider it), and the game is downright scary.
  2. DOOM 3 smashes through all the hype and delivers a grand slam of action, story, atmosphere, and pure terror.
  3. So perfectly constructed, so deliciously immersive and downright elegant, that demands for more seem crass. It might not be the very best shooter out there, but it's the more visually stunning and successfully atmospheric than any game we've had the pleasure to play.