6.4

1. Nov 1, 2013
    Great game ruined by terrible company that is not involved enough with it's playerbase, zero communication, dubious approach to bug fixing and balance.
  2. Nov 1, 2013
    Dota2 was the best game in the world until a fat man as gabe newell (pepito grillo) ruined our game with no communication, no diretide, NO HEROES, HE LAUNCHED THE OFFICIAL GAME AND THEN WENT ON HOLIDAYS OR WENT SLEEPING HIS FAT FACE A 0.
  3. Nov 1, 2013
    Good things:
    -The graphics are gorgeous.
    -Animations are almost perfect and natural like they're supposed to be. -The core mechanics are extremely well-made. -It's quite fun at times. Bad things: -The matchmaking is a horror. Before you queue up for a game you get to choose the region you want to play in and the language preference, but the game doesn't really respect that. Almost
    Good things:
    -The graphics are gorgeous.
    -Animations are almost perfect and natural like they're supposed to be.
    -The core mechanics are extremely well-made.
    -It's quite fun at times.
    Bad things:
    -The matchmaking is a horror. Before you queue up for a game you get to choose the region you want to play in and the language preference, but the game doesn't really respect that. Almost everyone that played this game already knows this, russians are everywhere, no matter where you play, it can be US, it can be Europe or Asia, russians are everywhere. Now I've had some bad experience with these type of players even though I do not wish to generalize but when even the language preference gets ignored when you queue up for a game and you get a game full of russians where only 2 of them speak english.
    In my experience, russians are the worst players to have in your team. I am not generalizing here, I know there are exceptions, there are always exceptions but almost everytime I had a russian in my team he didn't even speak english or he didn't even try to communicate with his own team besides cursing and I only wish that I won't deal with these kind of players in my future games but it's inevitable since Russia is the prime demographic for dota2 by population.
    -The community is toxic, no matter what you, no matter how you do it, the community will always be toxic. It's a competitive game, it's completely normal, but man, I've encountered some type of players that are the worst human beings in this world. Now I'm speaking about cursing your own teammates or stuff like that, when you try and help someone, or teach them a lesson that apparently they don't know, their ego inflates so much that he will no longer be a part of your team. Most of them will either leave, feed intentionally by walking right into the enemy and staying there until they kill him or just doing things that generally helps the enemy team more than it helps you (a.k.a. sending the courier into the enemy lines so it will die therefore we cannot transport items and the enemy team earns a bounty for killing our courier, OR even using special items like the force staff to push you into the enemy etc, the list is way too long). Meanwhile there ARE indeed consequences, leaving puts you into low priority for X ammount of time based on your total abandons or abandon spree and reporting players but that doesn't seem to be enough.
    -The reporting system is a spam and that's it. If someone does not like you, they'll report you for whatever reason. I don't know how the reporting system works but sometimes I get into low priority for nothing, literally nothing or nothing that I know about. Do people actually check the replay for every report submission sent? Because that would be way too hard for the devs to do considering it's players number and the devs number and/or admins.
    -The matchmaking is a forced 50%. This means that if you win 9 games in a row, you will lose 9 games in a row and not in the same way. For example today you win 4 times and lose 5 times, tomorrow you'll lose 3 more times and so on until your win/lose ratio ends up to a roughly 50%. This thing means nothing whatsoever. People who are playing competitive games usually have hopes or are actively practicing games so they could step in the pro scene. Now the way other games in this genre are doing is by adding a ranking system bronze, silver, diamond, cheese, bacon whatever etc that a player can be proud of and show to the team he wishes to enter or to know his current status as a player compared to others. What does the 50% win ratio prove? Absolutely nothing, you're the same as the other players, it doesn't matter that you stack with other players and you're on skype or whatever, you'll eventually end up with players better than you that will kick you back down and down from the very beggining. The matchmaking should add players of your current skill level so the match would be even. Most games I get are usually one sided stomps that don't even get to see the 30 minutes mark of the game, which is considered a very important part of the game since there are actually heroes that are good only after that 30 minute mark, also known as hard-carries.
    -This game used to have weekly updates with old heroes that needed to be ported into the game, cosmetics so the developers can actually earn money and general gameplay updates and bugfixes. They also used to make events during the obvious holidays of the year, well, most of the time. A year ago DotA2 had an event called Diretide during the Halloween that had a new gamemode added to the game that was Halloween inspired, The Greeviling for the christmas and so on and so forth, but this year, it seems like that has changed. DotA 2 didn't get any Halloween inspired event at all and in the past 3 months, the game had a single patch besides cosmetics patch.

I am no longer buying cosmetics from the store until they decide to work on the game.
  4. Nov 1, 2013
    diretide when i wasn't playing but of course when Halloween comes around when i DO play no diretide. wtf this makes 150 characters you son of a beetch
  5. Jul 22, 2013
    I don't see why people are giving this game a low rating just for the community. Yes they are really aggressive and that is something that should not dictate a games rating but I think this game is great and its free so why complain if you don't like it no problem its free.
  6. Nov 1, 2013
    DOTA is a great game.
    Valve promised us a new and good Dota experience, and after 3 years we still got no Dota.
    This DOTA2 is no Dota.
    This is a game made by a whore company who doesnt even care about their community.
    I dont want HATS. I want the game you promised us!
  7. Jul 20, 2013
    If you enjoyed the original DOTA or League of Legends, then you'll definitely want to grab this game. I started playing later in the beta, around mid 2012, and it's always the game I go back to when I get bored of everything else. The game is free but you're able to purchase items and other things in the DOTA 2 Store if you so desire. I'll buy something every now and then to support theIf you enjoyed the original DOTA or League of Legends, then you'll definitely want to grab this game. I started playing later in the beta, around mid 2012, and it's always the game I go back to when I get bored of everything else. The game is free but you're able to purchase items and other things in the DOTA 2 Store if you so desire. I'll buy something every now and then to support the developers, but make sure you don't wind up spending a bunch of money on a free game; defeats the whole point! They're taking a while to release all of the new heroes, but a good game takes some time to evolve. Definitely get it if you have Steam! Expand
  8. Nov 1, 2013
    Valve won't even give a single message to its community. Instead if fills the store with stupid ass cosmetics for them to line their pockets with. I appreciate that the game is free to play but it takes 10 seconds to log on to twitter or facebook and go "Sorry guys, no event this year." Instead they sit completely silent while the player base hypes itself up out of control in expectation.Valve won't even give a single message to its community. Instead if fills the store with stupid ass cosmetics for them to line their pockets with. I appreciate that the game is free to play but it takes 10 seconds to log on to twitter or facebook and go "Sorry guys, no event this year." Instead they sit completely silent while the player base hypes itself up out of control in expectation. Valve has nothing to gain by being silent. Expand
  9. Jul 10, 2013
    This game improved so much since it was released on the beta. There are over 90 heroes to choose from currently and the gamplay is as intence and as rewarding as DOTA 1. I know alot of people will be hesitant to try it at first but there has been a new tutorial system implemented in DOTA 2 and I think it will help new comers. I know some people who play LOL might bash in this game, butThis game improved so much since it was released on the beta. There are over 90 heroes to choose from currently and the gamplay is as intence and as rewarding as DOTA 1. I know alot of people will be hesitant to try it at first but there has been a new tutorial system implemented in DOTA 2 and I think it will help new comers. I know some people who play LOL might bash in this game, but both games are compleatly different. Its like comparing COD and Battlefield, they are so different that connot be compared. (no preference on either game, I think bot of them are good) Give this game a try, the learning curve is very steep but it is rewarding when you learn. I think this is the best gave valve has ever developed and has been the most played game on steam ever since the second year of beta development. Try it out, its free and badass! Expand
  10. Jul 21, 2013
    Few games manage to be both entertaining as well as extremely challenging, with a high learning curve, tons of different classes, customuzation, and in-game item builds. The game looks gorgeous, matches are lengthy, the community is friendly and well groomed, and the gameplay is as solid as it can get.
  11. Jul 16, 2013
    Dota 2 is a great game. I like its UI design, hero design and that beautiful map. Valve didn't disappoint players this time. However, the only reason I do not give a 10 is that this game still have some bugs and Valve has already released it. Those bugs do damage the game experience.
  12. Nov 10, 2013
    Excellent game, with much more sophisticated mechanics than LoL. It is very unforgiving and requires lots of effort to master it sufficiently enough to know what needs to be done (doing it is even harder). Dota 2 is so good, that I will focus on negatives Unfortunately there are some and three of them I consider major issue. First match making I think it has improved, but it is… Expand
  13. Jul 18, 2013
    A faithful recreation of the game that inspired LoL and HoN. Valve absolutely nailed it, the graphical style and voice work are incredible. No pay2win but cosmetics for those who want them. 10/10
  14. Nov 9, 2013
  15. Nov 2, 2013
    I'm from Ukraine too, and I do not care whether or not Diretide, I thing in this game is a team game, and because of the lack of Diretide, I'm not going to put this game a bad score. But, I will say only one thing, Valve, do not forget about the players, and they will not forget about you.
  16. Jul 24, 2013
    I will try to be unbiased in this review as much as I can possibly imagine (despite the 10 in my score. I wish there was a 9.5). I've dedicated over 1400 hours to this game, and probably more in it's original incarnation of DotA back on the Warcraft 3 engine. NOTE: I will list all the technical aspects first, then go through the bad and mixed after that, and the reasons I absolutely rateI will try to be unbiased in this review as much as I can possibly imagine (despite the 10 in my score. I wish there was a 9.5). I've dedicated over 1400 hours to this game, and probably more in it's original incarnation of DotA back on the Warcraft 3 engine. NOTE: I will list all the technical aspects first, then go through the bad and mixed after that, and the reasons I absolutely rate this game a 10 will be listed after.

First off, the game itself is solid. It is mechanically and competitively balanced. There may be certain heroes that are currently favored in both high level public matches and in professional matches, but statistics show that win rates are pretty balanced at the 50% mark.

Secondly, the aesthetics and graphics are pretty well done. It is clearly a step above the original DotA. However, design style in comparison to other DotA clones are strictly to a user's preference. I know people who love LoL's design over Dota2's and vice versa. The caveat is that these things SHOULD NOT matter. It might get some getting use to, but overall, it will not detract from the experience.

Thirdly, the (may be) bad. This is true for every ARTS (or MOBA) game out there. There WILL be rude players out there. This is a game where every game counts. Since each match lasts for about 30 minutes to an hour each, a lot of people will only be able to play 1 to 2 games at a time. As such, they are emotionally invested to get the best experience of playing the game every time. Being so will encourage players to be extremely passionate about each match, so when there exists a player who is clearly not up to snuff, a visceral raging will most likely ensue. This leads me up to the next point:

Fourthly, the mix: This is not a game you can play just play casually forever. This game has a learning curve for EVERY aspect of the game, i.e. heroes, item builds, map control, laning, jungle control, warding, etc. You will SUCK at the beginning. It is inevitable. Everyone who starts this game has to go through it. This is the source of what many people call "Egoism" among veteran players. All of us veterans had to go through periods of mediocrity to be where we are now. We invested hours and hours into not just playing the game, but reading about it outside the game. This means we did homework on reading hero guides, watching replays, looking for tips on ward positions, etc. We went through sort of a "rite of initiation" to attain the personal skill level we are at now. In order for ANYONE to play this game WELL, they'd have to go through the same process over time. However, you will not go through this process alone which is illustrated in the next point.

Fifthly, the good: The community as a whole is one of the BEST i've ever been a part of. This may seem weird after I listed the third point. However, aside from the vicious minority, I've largely felt that this is the multiplayer game with the least amount of "a**holes". I've also found that the people who regularly complained about the "horrible" community are also the ones who regularly berates others in game. A bad attitude always begets bad attitude from others. However, this is one community that also LOVES to help new players succeed. People regularly posts guides and videos to help new players out. You just have to search for them. There are alot of resources to be gain from youtube as well. And friends i have that had just started out regularly tells me about their experiences where their teammates and even their opponents would give them tips to perform better each time. It is always best to upfront about your level of expertise, especially if you're new. This will set your teammates expectations at the appropriate level from the beginning and they'd be able to help you out when you need it. I've even seen people offer to train new players.

Sixth, The game itself has one of the most deepest design I have ever experienced in a game. You know that feeling that after 100 games of COD multiplayer, you'd feel like there's nothing new anymore? I've played this game (Dota2 and DotA) for 8 years and I'm still learning something new and subtle everyday. What sets this game apart from the other ARTS games is the things you DONT see on the surface. Everything is manipulatable, which translates to the evolution of a large variety of strategies that continues to expand after so many years. Things like creep pulling, stacking, lane control, etc are little nuances that may seem irrelevant to the untrained eye, but as you evolve as a player, you'd realize these little things help so much in the metagame. In extreme cases in high level play, a game can be said to be one from the moment you pick your heroes. This high level of strategic thinking is something other multiplayer games cannot achieve and is something is refined and evolved from community enacted plays over these years.

I'm running out of space to write more about this game. Just know this, this game is WORTH IT.
  17. Jul 23, 2013
    I've been playing this game for quite some time now and I can say that while I enjoyed original DotA, this one is more polished and the gameplay is very smooth. The graphics are amazing too and the community has been quite helpful so far (even though some people say otherwise).

I totally recommend this game to any MOBA fan.
  18. Nov 14, 2013
    DOTA 2 is the best game in its genre due to the variety of heroes and game modes it provides and most importantly it's free without any pay-to-win features. Matchmaking system needs some improvement but other than that it's flaws are minimal.
  19. Jul 19, 2013
    I've come to Dota from League of Legends and that was like changing 10 years old Toyota car to brand new Ferrari. Better community, better ingame, no lags, no servers down and most of all NO ANNOYING 10 YEARS OLD KIDS.
  20. Jul 25, 2013
    Perfection!
    this is the culmination of a decade of work by the community and the people directly associated with the game, its ever evolving and growing game that is best in its genre, give it some time let it grow on you and i assure you that soon you would wish to give it all of your time
  21. Jul 15, 2013
    The first time I played Dota 2, The opposing team did not show us any mercy, and I loved every second of it. This game is so addicting and fun, I didnt even care about winning or losing. Great characters, Epic Gameplay TeamWork Wide range of Options and all out fun are all available in Dota 2. A must Have
  22. Jul 24, 2013
    Best MOBA Game on the market. It got a good fullfilling ecosystem, every game-mechanic is free and it works on Linux, OSX and Windows. Very interesting heros and mechanics, nice graphics, nearly no bugs, big communitiy which brings new content. Personally I would like to have a vote-surrender system like in LoL, but I see that this is not the philosophy of DOTA2 and i totally accept it.
  23. Jul 24, 2013
    I have spent nearly 1500 hours playing this game. It's been frustrating,punishing and perplexing; yet very enjoyable. it was overwhelming for the first 100 hours or so, not knowing the heroes or the items. However with some determination and guide reading/watching you unlock a highly rewarding and rich gaming experience which is unmatched!

I have noticed in other reviews they talk of

I have noticed in other reviews they talk of the trash talking community; ALL team games will have douche bags though dota compared to its counterparts is not as bad. You can easily mute unwanted language.

This game is truly free to play. It's pay to look cool and some of the cosmetics you can purchase (or receive as drops after games) are truly amazing! you also have a say of what will be sold in the store by voting on potential items in the steam workshop.

all in all Dota 2 is a demanding game and you will suck at first. Keep with it though and prepare for one of the gaming experiences.... oh and say goodbye to all other games!!
  24. FBF
    Jul 16, 2013
    Pros:

- seemingly infinite strategical aspects (!)
    - complex gameplay and mechanics
    - a thriving, international competitive scene
    - free to play
    - never gets boring (Really. I've been playing Dota 2 and it's precursor for 5-6 years now.)

Cons:

- steep learning curve
    - as in every multiplayer game, some people you encounter can be rude
  25. Jul 21, 2013
    This was the game that League of Legends copied.
    to me it satisfies my hunger for really great PVP orientated RPG Fantasy type games... taht dont' suck up all your life like World of Warcraft Arathi Basin etc etc.

i have to admit i played this game since it was called Aeon of Strife... so i guess i dont' have to worry about the learning curve.
  26. Jul 12, 2013
    One of the best, most difficult and truly competitive games I've ever played. It is free and doesn't have any pay-to-win, all heroes are free, the only paid content are cosmetical items that DO NOT change gameplay.
  27. Jul 16, 2013
    Valve did a great job by hiring Icefrog, you can't find such a balanced game without Icefrog and you can't find such a great detailed game without Valve

Balanced Game Competitive game Greatly detailed GOTY 2013 :D
  28. Jul 13, 2013
    Alright, first of all I'll be the first to admit that DotA has it's own flaws in itself, being a really competitive game but some of the reviews on here are utterly disgusting. So let me bring this up as a Dota2 ex DotA and HoN and LoL player.

If you're transitioning from league of legends, you don't have to worry about runes or stuff like that, since any imbalance caused by that is no trouble to us, secondly, you have ALL the heroes/champions. You can experiment without playing x amount of games for a 6300 IP champion, and doing that about 50 times but you have to keep in mind that DotA has more advanced mechanics and is more punishing.

If you are saying that this games changes you, it's not the game that changes you, it's yourself letting changed by the nature of the game, you become more competitive and forgetting that you are playing with other players.

While I do admit DotA has some minor issues as to the matchmaking system but it's not extremely easy to asses each player's skill and their improvement, it's never been done by machines with 100% success we have to be patient.
    F
    And lastly, please do not talk about the game if you didn't play it extensively and competitively, since some reviews say that vote of surrender IS a feature in dota 2 (it's not). Don't follow the ragers that critic everything just for the sake of being cynical.

All in all this is a REALLY strong game with each hero being unique and strong in itself but keep in mind the advanced mechanics, and if you are new, try practicing with bots, they are pretty okay to start, read guides, don't assume you're the all knowing guy and see you in the game.
  29. Jul 23, 2013
    It's depth and complexity results in a strategic and action packed game that is worth committing the 20-60 minutes per round. The down side to it's complexity is the super steep learning curve, and lack of anything really useful for learning in game. There are a huge amount of characters and effective builds for them. It can take quite a while memorize and become comfortable with all ofIt's depth and complexity results in a strategic and action packed game that is worth committing the 20-60 minutes per round. The down side to it's complexity is the super steep learning curve, and lack of anything really useful for learning in game. There are a huge amount of characters and effective builds for them. It can take quite a while memorize and become comfortable with all of it, but it's well worth the price. Low ranking matches can be quite frustrating with how long a rounds are. New and confused teammates will take out frustration on each other, but mid-high level players all have social skills and communicate effectively. The low level community is one of the worst I have seen in a game, yet the high level community is one of the best. Overall I think the game's complexity, and balance results in one of the best online multiplayer experiences you can get, but Free 2 Play isn't actually free as it will require a substantial time investment. It's a brilliant and polished game on so many levels, but until Valve develops a more effective teaching method I don't think it deserves a 10. Expand
  30. Jul 24, 2013
    I personally find dota and dota 2 to be the most addictive multiplayer games I have ever played. No single match is like another... Everything in my heart screams at me to give dota 2 a 10/10 but, unfortunately, dota 2 has plenty of problems. The worst, in my opinion, is match making, closely followed by the community. The content in this game is massive, there are literally hundreds ofI personally find dota and dota 2 to be the most addictive multiplayer games I have ever played. No single match is like another... Everything in my heart screams at me to give dota 2 a 10/10 but, unfortunately, dota 2 has plenty of problems. The worst, in my opinion, is match making, closely followed by the community. The content in this game is massive, there are literally hundreds of heroes to learn, and maybe thousands of item and laning combinations as well... The community is raging, but considering that dota brings out the competitive spirit in players, it is understandable. Very fun and addictive! Expand
  31. Jul 17, 2013
    Best free to play game in a true sense. There's no need to buy new heroes, no Pay-to-win issue at all. The game is absolutely fantastic especially after Valve has been putting focus on server stability, balance and the most importantly, community. It's amazing how the game has been improved since its first Beta launch back in 2011. I've played Dota 1, LoL, HoN, and Smite but I;m certainBest free to play game in a true sense. There's no need to buy new heroes, no Pay-to-win issue at all. The game is absolutely fantastic especially after Valve has been putting focus on server stability, balance and the most importantly, community. It's amazing how the game has been improved since its first Beta launch back in 2011. I've played Dota 1, LoL, HoN, and Smite but I;m certain this will be my go-to ARTS game. Expand
  32. Jul 16, 2013
    Let me get it out straight away DotA 2 is probably the most fun and satisfaction I got in a multiplayer game.

I'll just list everything great about this game:

the aesthetics are great, the art and the graphics are gorgeous, the competition feel is big. The replay-ability of the game is infinite.

Most importantly it's free, so just install Steam and install it as soon as possible.
  33. Jul 17, 2013
    Dota 2 is what a real "sequal" should be like. The game is free, the graphics are pleasnt, the gameplay is fluid, and the game has great balance. Valve has done a great job, and hopefully the e-sports scene becomes bigger, because League of Legends is a joke in terms of quality and balance.
  34. Jul 16, 2013
    More than 10 years developing a system and balancing one game. Now bringed back by Valve and Icefrog.

This game has got everything to raise to the glory. Easy to learn, Hard to master.
  35. Nov 9, 2013
  36. Nov 14, 2013
    This game is great because of its steep learning curve and a vast variety of heroes and strategies. Anyone who likes MOBA -type games should love Dota 2.
  37. Jul 10, 2013
    There's 2 things about Dota 2 it's completely free and it's developed by VALVe. If that's not enough for you to try this game I don't know what is. The only thing that you have to spend in order to play this game is time. That's right, Dota 2 is not like most other games and that's because it's very complex, so be patient, learn the mechanics and once it's in your system then you'll startThere's 2 things about Dota 2 it's completely free and it's developed by VALVe. If that's not enough for you to try this game I don't know what is. The only thing that you have to spend in order to play this game is time. That's right, Dota 2 is not like most other games and that's because it's very complex, so be patient, learn the mechanics and once it's in your system then you'll start having a hell lot of fun. I wouldn't recommend it if you're a casual gamer and can't be bothered to invest that time. If that's the case and you want to play a MOBA then that's where LoL comes in. If you already play LoL and want something more challenging and more rewarding then by all means try Dota 2. Plus it has way better graphics, great character customization and doesn't require any money to unlock heroes (which I find very frustrating in LoL). It is also more balanced imo. As for the community, well it's still a MOBA so don't expect too much, although it's not so bad. Expand
  38. Jul 16, 2013
    Don't listen to the League Of Legend fan plastering this with negative reviews.

Critics have done a bang up job for the most part reviewing this game, and the score shows just how good this game is. People giving this a 5 or lower are obviously not in touch with reality and truly need to be ignored. This game is deep, too deep for a review here, go read a few of the professional
    Don't listen to the League Of Legend fan plastering this with negative reviews.

This game is deep, too deep for a review here, go read a few of the professional reviews and you won't be disappointed.
  39. Jul 12, 2013
    DOTA 2 is the best in the MOBA class. I have played LoL, DOTA, DOTA 2 and some lesser known MOBAs and DOTA 2 is by far the best. In addition, it is F2P which is amazing. And unlike, LoL or HoN which require you to use a rotating hero list until you buy your own with real money or accumulate enough in-game currency to purchase a single hero, DOTA 2 immediately gives you access to its entireDOTA 2 is the best in the MOBA class. I have played LoL, DOTA, DOTA 2 and some lesser known MOBAs and DOTA 2 is by far the best. In addition, it is F2P which is amazing. And unlike, LoL or HoN which require you to use a rotating hero list until you buy your own with real money or accumulate enough in-game currency to purchase a single hero, DOTA 2 immediately gives you access to its entire library of heroes, for free. In LoL as of the date of this post, it would cost $588 to unlock all heroes with real money. (15000RP/$100, total cost heroes 88185 RP. This calculation excludes bundles)

Each character has a unique playstyle and skillset, and doesn't feel like a clone of another character or a cheap rip off. Every character plays a certain role well, and plays it uniquely. Playing well leads to great rewards, and playing poorly has severe consequences.

There are issues with DOTA 2, the biggest being there is a huge learning curve and you are going to start out being bad if you don't have previous DOTA experience. Learning characters skills, what items do, and what you should be doing early mid and late game initially may be overwhelming. However, doing research and practicing eventually pay off as DOTA 2 is truly one of the most challenging and highest skill cap games available. Valve is also implementing (or has implemented) a tutorial, but there is no way the sheer amount of information needed is contained within it. But I'm sure its a great place to start.

Graphics are great. Gameplay is great. Servers seem lag free. Crashes are very rare. ITS FREE!
  40. Jul 11, 2013
    Its a very good game. I started playing since the beta about 1 and a half year ago. Its true that its hard to master the game but Its very interesting and fun to master each hero. As you get to learn that each character is situational and not the same. I have become addicted to it and i find it as my favorite Action RTS.
  41. Jul 16, 2013
    Straight up, the most enthralling, engrossing multiplayer game I've ever experienced. There is no game (imo) that can compete with its complete and total addictiveness and here I am with ~2,000 hours on the game. It doesn't look to be stopping anytime soon. Graphics are amazing, UI is superb, the support from Valve is phenomenal, the heroes are incredibly diverse, and there is an endlessStraight up, the most enthralling, engrossing multiplayer game I've ever experienced. There is no game (imo) that can compete with its complete and total addictiveness and here I am with ~2,000 hours on the game. It doesn't look to be stopping anytime soon. Graphics are amazing, UI is superb, the support from Valve is phenomenal, the heroes are incredibly diverse, and there is an endless amount of strategy to learn in this game. You will never be perfect at the game. EVER. But it keeps bringing you back to learn more. It has a sharp learning curve, BUT IT'S WORTH IT. I love this game, and I don't see myself putting it down within the next 10 years. Expand
  42. Jul 11, 2013
    Compared to League of Legends and Heroes of Newerth, Dota 2 has more unique heroes and items. It is more advanced and rewarding than LoL. It is slower than HoN, which is important in team fights. The best popular MOBA out there.
  43. Jul 16, 2013
    Gameplay

Gameplay

The gameplay is probably the most exiting and fun part of Dota 2. It's pretty challenging but when you win or kill someone.... the feeling just the FEELING OF OWNING someone is like life at it's greatest. As you progress or lvl up, you get to challenge more challenging opponents and of course the gameplay gets intense too. To win you need to practice more and more but trust me, it will take days, months or even years to be a master player and that's mostly the goal of almost all Dota 2 players: compete to the top (for fun)!

One word: Masterpiece
  44. Jul 15, 2013
    This game is just perfect, mostly for me: a guy who played dota for a long time, this game can be played by anyone, thing is, DotA 2 is not an intuitive game, you have various tutorials however. I know people can be a bit hostile, I am too, that is because in this game, if someone mess it up real hard, then you most likely lose the game. People have to know which role they are playing andThis game is just perfect, mostly for me: a guy who played dota for a long time, this game can be played by anyone, thing is, DotA 2 is not an intuitive game, you have various tutorials however. I know people can be a bit hostile, I am too, that is because in this game, if someone mess it up real hard, then you most likely lose the game. People have to know which role they are playing and play it at its best in order to win the game, but also, if you play perfectly but your team or some mates doesn't then you probably won't win the game, and if you are competitive like me, then you will get mad haha. But try it out, DotA has a matchmaking system so you will play with other people with the same skills as you probably, you will stand a chance there, and eventually get more skilled. Expand
  45. Jul 16, 2013
    I've been playing DOTA off and on for at least 7 years. It's become a part of my life like golf or the NBA. I can't thank Valve enough for bringing modernity to the game and making it a viable E-Sport. If I were to laud two improvements, it would be the matchmaking system and the shop in the game.
  46. Jul 16, 2013
    The oringinal sequal of DOTA!!!Fabulous!!!
    Dota 2 gives us a unique chance to experience the original DOTA experience!!
    The best MOBA game in the world.
    Thanks icefrog and valve for creating so much fun in dota 2
    I love this game so much!
  47. Jul 17, 2013
    Literally the best multiplayer online experience you can have. This free-to-play game will provide you hundreds and possibly thousands of hours of pure multiplayer bliss. Dota is a very complex game with an enormous learning curve, and you will need to dedicate your time and your attention to this game if you want to be good at it. Thankfully Valve has made really neat tutorial levels thatLiterally the best multiplayer online experience you can have. This free-to-play game will provide you hundreds and possibly thousands of hours of pure multiplayer bliss. Dota is a very complex game with an enormous learning curve, and you will need to dedicate your time and your attention to this game if you want to be good at it. Thankfully Valve has made really neat tutorial levels that will introduce you to the game. There are also dozens of guides online that will help you.

The goal of the game is simple: destroy the enemy's main building: the Ancient. There are two sides competing. The Dire and The Radiant. Each side contains five players. Upon entering a matchmade game you will be placed on the either side. After that you will pick prompted to pick your hero, amongst a selection of literally 100+. You will then buy your starting items and head down the lane (called "mid, "bottom" or "top") that you choose. You will then look to kill enemy "creeps", which are AI-controled monsters that periodically spawn from the base and head down each lane, and enemy heroes. Gradually you should look to destroy enemies' towers, after you have become more powerful. After you have destroyed the enemies' towers and their barracks, their Ancient will be exposed to attacks and you will be a able to destroy it.

Dota contains almost limtless amount of ways you can play. The heroes, the roles they fill, the items, they are all so different, you are guaranteed to not get bored. From heroes that support their team like Crystal Maiden, to heroes who "carry" their team like Phantom Lancer, across assassins like Bounty Hunter, "pushers" like Nature's Prophet Dota will provide you a different experience every single match you play.

As a free to play title it contains absolutely no ways for paying customers to have advantage over non-paying ones. All heroes will be available to you when you start playing. There are simply no buy-to-win elements in the game. What paying customers buy is cosmetic items, whose purpose is just to look pretty. This means you can choose from a collection of different sets of items to customize the way your favorite hero looks, and you can also buy different looks for your HUD and different voices for your annoucner. Did I mention this cosmetic items are available without paying money too? When you play a match of Dota, you are awarded experience and when you have enough experience you will level up, and as your reward you will get a cosmetic item. You can also trade your cosmetic items with other players, in case they have something you like.

The amount of detail Valve has put in this game is astounishing. Every hero has their own theme, their story. The heroes are funny and always have an interesting line to say. Every hero has their own unique character. There are even rival heroes for example Lina and Crystal Maiden, two twin sisters, one who specializes in fire and other in ice. If they are playing against one another or are in the same team, they will say different lines to each other. Another example is Zeus who is a literal God, and will constantly make fun out the puny mortals he is pittied against. Anti-Mage, little to no surprise, has a quest to destroy all magic and will constistantly loathe magic users throught the game.

Games are unpredictable. One team may be in the lead one moment, and then lose their advantage the next moment. This game punishes you harshly for making mistakes and rewards you greatly for making the right decision. Teamwork is the key to victory. You will need to communicate with your team and make plans together if you want to win.

The communtiy of this game is not the best, but it is to be expected of a free-to-play game available to everyone. You WILL run across players who will be angry at you one way or the other, and will maybe throw harsh words your way. My advice is just to report them (open up the scoreboard, click then name and then report) and move on. As you gain in skill you will gain in your victories, and when you gain victories you will be put to play against better people. The higher you go in MMR (which is the system game uses to determine your skill) the nicer people will become.

You should definately this game a try, after all it is free to do so. But trust me, you will get hooked on this game and it will certianly take away a large portion of your time.
  48. Jul 16, 2013
    I played my first game of DotA about 6-7 years ago,and I must say I immediately fell in love with it.I played it a lot and after some time I started playing other games of same genre (League of Legends mostly).I have to confess that i was happy playing LoL and wasn't hyped at all when Dota 2 was announced, I thought it was another try to get money by copying DotA.I was very wrong,Dota 2 isI played my first game of DotA about 6-7 years ago,and I must say I immediately fell in love with it.I played it a lot and after some time I started playing other games of same genre (League of Legends mostly).I have to confess that i was happy playing LoL and wasn't hyped at all when Dota 2 was announced, I thought it was another try to get money by copying DotA.I was very wrong,Dota 2 is the most balanced,fun and strategically complex game I played so far.

Game is focused on gameplay but graphics are very decent.If you are coming from other games of this genre, it may take some time getting used to graphics.For those thinking that graphics are dark and wondering why,there is very good explanation.Terrain is dark so there is greater contrast between terrain and abillity particles(usually bright) so teamfights are more clear.Steam Workshop did a very good job making cosmetics for heroes, making heroes look even better.

As for gameplay its a true skill based game.There are no bonuses you get by spending money and all heroes are playable from start.Game balance is almost perfect(Out of 96 available heroes on tournaments 96 are played at least once in last month).The most amazing thing about Dota 2 is amount of strategies you can play, synergies between heroes, lane combos you can play with friends.Even when you think that everything is hopeless and want to give up, with good timing and team coordiantion you can turn around every game(that is why there is no surrender option in Dota 2).
    The best side of game is it's complexity and in same time it is the worst.There are lot of mechanics that are very important and that you have to know to be a decent player, but once you learn them you will find them very clever and fun.All heroes have strong ability kits and are fun to play.Heroes are very different with very different playstyle, even playing against some hereos require different playstyle.Some heroes are easier to play then others so you may find them stronger at beginning but as you advance as player and learn how to deal with them you will realise they are not that good.Although game is updated every week, there are only couple of balance patches a year.Many people dislike fact that there are 4-5 new heroes added each year, but development team philosophy is to add heroes not for the sake of adding, but to improve the game.

As for community I must say its very complex.Some people will rage at you, blame you, even troll you.I think that is kinda expected from online F2P game, but as you play more games you will get bigger MMR(match make rating) and you will rarely see this kind of people.Since there is report system most of ragers and trolls are banned/muted.Many people will complain about community, but in reality community is much more mature and friendly then in other F2P multiplayer games.

DotA/Dota 2 as an Esport is a game played at almost every Esport event.In my opinion its in Top 3 Esport(others are Starcraft and Counter-Strike) of all time.Biggest tournament is The International which gathers best teams of the world to compete for 2-3 million dollars prize pool.Dota 2 scene is constantly growing, and it is a game that is very fun to watch (You can even bet with Cosmetic items on some sites making watching games even more fun).Games are watchable through in-game Dota 2 TV that is most amazing spectator client i have ever seen.You can watch games through player's perspective that alows you to see every action of player you are watching (His Cursor ,Screen...),listen to your favorite commentators and there is option to see different type of graphs and statistics available.

It is highly recommended to play tutorial before playing against other players.Since at beginning you are matched with players who also created new account your first 10-20 games might be against DotA veteran or complete noobs,but it will get better after those ten game.Bad games can happen to everyone(even professional players have bad games from time to time), so If you play bad in some game and feed just say you are sorry and 99% of time team won't flame you.Watching guids helps a lot aswell (Purge and Merlini Recomended).There are even mini-guides created by community you can find ingame in top-left corner.Playing this kind of game with friends is much better.By the way if you don't know Russian you will learn a great deal of it (trust me :D).

At the end Dota 2 is not the game you will play and master in couple of hours.Skillcap is enormous and even professional players can't play all heroes very well.Every game of Dota 2 is a new lesson that will improve you as a player.If you are looking for game to play without spending much time learing it ,this is not the game you are looking for.

Note:Some reviews will bash this game,players and mechanics although they never played it before.Its mostly because of rivalry betwen Dota 2 and LoL.
  49. Jul 16, 2013
    I started playing a year before. First 10-15 games will make your head spin puke and go tear the hair out of your head. After 25+ games you will have the slightest sense of what is what and what is happening in the team fights. This game is not something one starts gets hold of the game in 1-2 days and spend all his time thereafter. This Game is complex deep with varying heroesI started playing a year before. First 10-15 games will make your head spin puke and go tear the hair out of your head. After 25+ games you will have the slightest sense of what is what and what is happening in the team fights. This game is not something one starts gets hold of the game in 1-2 days and spend all his time thereafter. This Game is complex deep with varying heroes abilities items item builds and interaction between each of the above said.

My best advice to new players is stick to easy heroes like Lion sniper Earth Shaker Ursa Axe lich viper etc. Try to use in game guides .

I have spent about 1100 hours and almost 1000 games played. Still i learn something new in this game.
    Knowledge is wealth in this game. The more you know about your hero items the better you can do in the game.

If you do want to play other games in future don`t play this game. Once you cross the "critical line" (about 20-30 matches) i doubt you would rarely play any other game.
  50. Jul 12, 2013
    Never been so addicted to a game before! Weekly updates, balanced, and a economy if you like to trade. Basically this game has everything you can ask for in a Moba.
  51. Jul 16, 2013
    I love the game. I played original DotA, HoN and tried Smite and LoL. For me Dota 2 is the best of the bunch. Entirely free, no pay2win aspect, everything in the game is unlocked, purchable are only cosmetics, no content or powerups. The balance is great due to 8+ years of tweaking by icefrog. Enormously high skill ceiling and an extremely hard game to get into. Some jerks here and thereI love the game. I played original DotA, HoN and tried Smite and LoL. For me Dota 2 is the best of the bunch. Entirely free, no pay2win aspect, everything in the game is unlocked, purchable are only cosmetics, no content or powerups. The balance is great due to 8+ years of tweaking by icefrog. Enormously high skill ceiling and an extremely hard game to get into. Some jerks here and there can ruin games for you, as is the case in most mobas. Overall a great successor. 9/10 Expand
  52. Jul 17, 2013
    Wasn't this hard to make the switch from League to DotA2. The Tutorial and Campaign is more than awesome and the game binds you from the first minute. An outstanding Moba and definitively the best Moba at the market.
  53. Jul 20, 2013
    Can be a little rough for starters. But, the time you would put into learning from the tutorial system or youtube videos would be well worth it. You can check Purgegamers for gameplays which is what helped me learn this awesome game.
  54. Jul 20, 2013
    Ok, so, DotA 2 is going to be what makes e-sports a mainstream thing in the West like it is over in S. Korea w/ Starcraft. I really believe this. Valve has done a simply amazing job of bringing the game over into its own while retaining the character and solid mechanics of its WC3 counterpart. It's a highly challenging game that will immerse you for hours, the support of the pro scene isOk, so, DotA 2 is going to be what makes e-sports a mainstream thing in the West like it is over in S. Korea w/ Starcraft. I really believe this. Valve has done a simply amazing job of bringing the game over into its own while retaining the character and solid mechanics of its WC3 counterpart. It's a highly challenging game that will immerse you for hours, the support of the pro scene is phenomenal, and the little holiday events that Valve puts on just ads to the charm of the game. The characters are well developed and feel unique not only in their gameplay styles, but also in their personalities. They do not feel static, but feel very alive, just like an RPG should. It's the perfect blend. If you're into games that are addicting, have high skill caps, e-sports, team play, and community, then definitely try DotA. The community CAN be a little brutal sometimes, but once you find some good, mature, and patient friends to play with, that's when this game really shines. Their matchmaking system would be my only complaint. They are still sorting it and are actively looking at ways to improve it, but it's really put a damper on the game since its launch. The temporary issues with MM aside, this game is an absolute masterpiece. What could you expect from Valve though? These guys are the new Blizzard. Expand
  55. Jul 25, 2013
    I simply just enjoy this game, it was an amazing upgrade from playing dota1 well especially since it's easier in dota 2 to find servers etc. and matchmaking brackets seem pretty fine for me playing in SEA. This game has so many layers and layers of complexities and balances over the many years it has existed and the constant reworks and the amount of changes to maps and heroes, causingI simply just enjoy this game, it was an amazing upgrade from playing dota1 well especially since it's easier in dota 2 to find servers etc. and matchmaking brackets seem pretty fine for me playing in SEA. This game has so many layers and layers of complexities and balances over the many years it has existed and the constant reworks and the amount of changes to maps and heroes, causing some to be removed from the game, but now it's pretty balanced with Frog just playing with the meta around. You can say the learning curve for dota is steep, but it starts to get worth it when you are able to play the game at a decent level, and even more when you conquer the steep mountain from an amateur to possibly a professional, not that I am one, I am still on that steep, steep curve but I can still enjoy dota :D. hope you enjoy this game.
    So far I have abt 1k dota 2 games, and I am still planning to play many more, hope to see you people there.
    TehIce
  56. Jul 16, 2013
    In all my years of gaming (they have been many), no other game has been able to grasp my interest for as long and as passionate as this game has done it. Dota has an addicting combination of strategy and rpg; the balance of the game is a testament to the years of work and continuous feedback from the community. Valve has now taken the game to a whole new level with Dota 2, improving theIn all my years of gaming (they have been many), no other game has been able to grasp my interest for as long and as passionate as this game has done it. Dota has an addicting combination of strategy and rpg; the balance of the game is a testament to the years of work and continuous feedback from the community. Valve has now taken the game to a whole new level with Dota 2, improving the graphics and expanding on the features that DotA needed so badly for years, yet leaving the game play exactly as its predecessor (which is a great thing!) Expand
  57. Jul 16, 2013
    I have been playing Dota2 for two years through the beta I have not even scratched the surface of this game in almost a thousand matches. I have become perhaps a novice. I've not even played all and definitely not learned all of the characters. There is one map I still discover new tricks on. Not to mention it is updated and patched once if not more weekly. The market thrives withoutI have been playing Dota2 for two years through the beta I have not even scratched the surface of this game in almost a thousand matches. I have become perhaps a novice. I've not even played all and definitely not learned all of the characters. There is one map I still discover new tricks on. Not to mention it is updated and patched once if not more weekly. The market thrives without giving any real benefit but cosmetics. The underground market with its own prices is so large that there are betting sites with items and money. People will pay thousands for the right items. Then you have all of the live feeds and tournaments. All of which you can watch from any perspective. I could go on forever about this game. This game requires forever to go into detal. This is the best game ever created. Bow to your new God. Resistance is futile. Expand
  58. Jul 16, 2013
    LISTEN! don't mind negative reviews most of them are obviously made by League of Legends fanboys. If you don't like this review then stick to the critics.

Dota 2 is probably the most addicting game I've ever played. I played the first Dota back in 2008 and it was amazing. Glad Valve developed this game instead of sticking to the Warcraft 3 version. This version is far better because of it's realism and challenges. If you like a fun and challenging game, this game is for you.
  59. Jul 16, 2013
    My all time favorite game. Every year new game releases turn up in a cartwheel of hype, everyone buys them like no tomorrow or maybe not, but they do sell regardless. If you look back, you've probably amassed a lot of games, completed a ton of those, but can you still name them all? Do you still play them? Were they worth the price tag? When I was a kid, I used to play a bunch of gamesMy all time favorite game. Every year new game releases turn up in a cartwheel of hype, everyone buys them like no tomorrow or maybe not, but they do sell regardless. If you look back, you've probably amassed a lot of games, completed a ton of those, but can you still name them all? Do you still play them? Were they worth the price tag? When I was a kid, I used to play a bunch of games like Populous, Dungeon Keeper, Theme Hospital, Beasts & Bumpkins, Age of Empires, Roller Coaster Tycoon, Brood War, Command and Conquer: Red Alert, Heroes of Might and Magic III and a bunch of other games of the time. While I enjoyed them a lot, I eventually didn't get any kind of fresh feeling out of those. While I enjoyed them while they were new and some a bit longer than that, they sooner or later ran out of content. Playing the same things over and over again turned tedious. Newer games, say, Diablo III, gave me about 2 weeks worth of stuff (chest simulation) to do. Hype was massive, reviews were optimistic, but games nowadays tend to be released like that. They have eye candy, but they're really hollow in the end. I never returned to that game. I never returned to Guild Wars 2. I will never play Bioshock Infinite again. Won't be playing Darksiders II, won't be playing Fallout 3. Won't be playing Oblivion or Mass Effect. Now this game, it merely got a facelift, hence the number 2, in case you have never played the original user made map inside Warcraft III. I've however stuck with it for 7-8 years now and I am not tired of it. I am not tired of it because I haven't got a set final goal or task. That's something most games have. They have a plot, chapters, maps or stages and when you're done with them, it is over. I was slightly hesitant to give a perfect 10, because that means perfection to me, but in all honesty, I have never played anything that has even come close to bringing as much joy, ordeal, satisfaction and gratification as this game, so I am going to give it that score. It has the right to get it from me. I got into the beta around October 2011. I have over 4000 hours played. Some has been just chatting, watching games and such, but I am nearing 3000 matches played regardless. I don't think a poor game can make anyone stick with it for that long. No mods yet besides some useless audio mods as jokes, but nothing that could keep you playing other games a bit longer. Just the original content. I don't even think the community is such a pain in the ass.
    At least 95% of all the people in the world are snap judgmental that aren't afraid to step on you if they get any kind of benefit or gratification out of it, but that fact alone doesn't seem to make people want to quit life. It's a team game, thus you probably should have a team or any group of players to play this with, if you are sensitive to the opinions of strangers. It's a game that doesn't fit a casual gamer, the kind of person who plays Angry Birds, Bejeweled or some other time sink of the kind, but it is a fantastic game for people who really are vehemently into games, the kind of niche group that played games before they entered a market of people who need their hands held. I think reviewing games of this nature is a bit hard at the moment, because it's being compared to things where you can choose how easy you want the game to be on you. I think grading Dota is like grading ice hockey. To play, you actually need to know how to use skates, how, when and where to shoot, what doesn't work and such. If you have no talent or are in no shape or form and can't be bothered to gain any of that with sheer will, you're not going to progress. You can't progress by hitting OK, as the game is testing you and your abilities. Even bad players can enjoy it regardless. They just need to accept the fact that games of this kind won't unravel spontaneously before them. The game itself plays a minimal part as your margin for error is at least as big as the skill of your opponent is. The fact that losing and winning is completely up to human co-operation and wits is something that keeps me playing. Casual games can be fun for a while, but they lack something that is essential for longevity and that is intense competition, complex tactics and a desire for knowledge. I might be up for a match of Mario Party with some beer, but I wouldn't do that for months every day or every second day. Maybe the beer, but easy and simple things just get stale fast, as they don't stimulate your brain when they become clear. I'll gladly discuss this game with my friends with a pint, reminisce our big plays, horrible feeding games, make fun of each other for our horrible stats in some games, flaunt how we completely demolished some pro or some total we've all played with, think of good drafts, which pros are huge noobs and so on. Other games are just games to me. I am not into speed running or to any stuff of that sort, so they're just one-night stands to me. To me Dota is a hobby.
  60. Jul 16, 2013
    Very addicting with a steep learning curve, you'll sink many hours into this game. Of course there will be abrasive players in the community, but guess what, there are function in the game to fix it. Mute and report the player(s), and play on. GL HF
  61. Jul 16, 2013
    Simply the best "Dota" game out there.
    Stop blaming about community, making the community better is everyone's duty, anyway, it's not the game's fault.

Try it, especially if you are tired of LoL-- Dota2 is far more challenging and flexible.
  62. Jul 18, 2013
    You are looking at one of the best free strategy games ever with infinite amounts of ways to learn. This game in itself is fabulous you don't have to invest any money and and can still offer hours of fun, The possibilities to win are pretty much endless.
    I can probably go on about how good it is for ages but ill skip to what brings it down. This is nothing to do with the game itself although allot of people blame the matchmaking system, it just the players and how they react to you. Everyone believes there a pro and that someone else is letting there team down. Valve have put allot of effort into trying to prevent people from "flaming" or just deliberately messing up the game with their system of reporting and low priority pools, and i think it works for i'm pretty scared of leaving a game. People complain about being base camped but in my opinion that's one of the funny bits it easy to get kills and can you provide you with fun because you no longer care about loosing while the other team will hate having to take a death. So just go out and annoy them :).
    Another problem which cause me problems on Dota is some of the people playing it. There so insulting, blaming people for everything just because there loosing asking people to report you. Just ignore it have fun because most of the time there will be some nice people on the team who are just here to enjoy the game so enjoy the little things, from daring escapes to denies. because at the end of the day there going to be the one sat at there computer raging while your just enjoying this great experience valve provides. If it really bugs you get a friend with you and just make fun of them in your own private chat or something. Work on trying to annoy the other team than focusing on them, because loosing teaches you more than wining so don't get annoyed about it.
  63. Jul 16, 2013
    Despite the steep learning curve, dota 2 is very fun and rewarding. Best played with friend[s] to avoid the wrath of the internet thats bound to happen every now and then in this very competitive game.
  64. Jul 16, 2013
    Valve knows how to do free to play right. Dota 2 is the result of almost a decade's worth of dedication from various Warcraft 3 map makers and the collaboration with an award-winning game studio that can release the game to the masses.

Even without any advertising, the game has attracted millions of players globally and is played as a sport with millions of dollars in prize money annually.

Dota 2 is a well-polished game and most people are surprised that it's... FREE!

Definitely worth a try.
  65. Jul 16, 2013
    DotA2 is for people who want constant action, unbelievable variation and plays in pro games, and those "Holy F**k that was epic" moments.

LoL is for people who want slow steady, yet rewarding success, with slightly less PvP action in favour of PvE efficiency. Personally, I only play games for the crazy epic moments that blow my mind. Not saying LoL doesn't have that, I just get way

Personally, I only play games for the crazy epic moments that blow my mind. Not saying LoL doesn't have that, I just get way more of it out of DotA. All the MM/community problems will eventually be ironed out of DotA just like it was ironed out of LoL.
  66. Jul 16, 2013
    This game is actually too good for your health. If you're in a relationship where you're living together, you must make a decision: dota 2 or your relationship.
  67. Apr 25, 2014
    Best game ever with worst community there is. You cant blame the game for the player community tho! So play it with friends or use mute function frequently. It's worth every minute. It's deep and complex.
  68. Nov 8, 2013
  69. Nov 2, 2013
    GOOD JOB VOLVO! NO EVENT! Where is holdout? only dota items, you are lose a lot of respect of community((((((((((((((
  70. Aug 12, 2013
    I've played this game more than any other on my PC. It is still my favourite game... DotA2 has a huge learning curve, which some users find very off-putting, but if you stick with it you will realise the beauty hidden inside this game. DotA2's capabilities are massive, with a huge selection of heroes, items, map features and the options to practice against bots and team up with yourI've played this game more than any other on my PC. It is still my favourite game... DotA2 has a huge learning curve, which some users find very off-putting, but if you stick with it you will realise the beauty hidden inside this game. DotA2's capabilities are massive, with a huge selection of heroes, items, map features and the options to practice against bots and team up with your friends and battle other teams, as well as the basic public matchmaking feature. DotA 2 also provides a few training levels to enrich your knowledge and aid your learning curve this game really can't get any better! Expand
  71. Nov 9, 2013
    Dota 2 is a great game that will give you a great sense of reward and accomplishment if you sink enough time and effort into it. It will do this, not by giving you stars and medals whenever you get something done correctly, but by giving you experience in every match you play that you can then put to use in every subsequent match: DIRECT experience that you will be able to employ on yourDota 2 is a great game that will give you a great sense of reward and accomplishment if you sink enough time and effort into it. It will do this, not by giving you stars and medals whenever you get something done correctly, but by giving you experience in every match you play that you can then put to use in every subsequent match: DIRECT experience that you will be able to employ on your own terms. Calling it a skill-based game is almost something of an understatement. Dota 2 is about "growing up" alongside all the mechanics it provides. There will never be an aspect of the game that you will have truly mastered at 100% and even if you are somehow able to, there will be uncountable other details and lessons you can learn to understand even better. It's learning, it's having fun, it's experimenting, it's getting rewarded for your efforts.

This is a truly immortal game that you'll never sink enough hours into.

Thank you, Valve.
  72. Nov 8, 2013
  73. Nov 8, 2013
  74. Nov 14, 2013
    Great game you just need to practice a lot and you cannot show me a better f2p game.The best thing about the game is there is no pay to win situation you cant go ahead from other players with paying money, you can buy cosmetics or trade them but it will not make you stronger in game everything is equal. I know why ppl give low scores its mostly because they try the game and when you are aGreat game you just need to practice a lot and you cannot show me a better f2p game.The best thing about the game is there is no pay to win situation you cant go ahead from other players with paying money, you can buy cosmetics or trade them but it will not make you stronger in game everything is equal. I know why ppl give low scores its mostly because they try the game and when you are a newbie its clear that you will have hard time and ppl quit when they do its a fact that dota is generally played to win I sometimes play League of Legends but I just play it to have fun but I play DotA to win. Expand
  75. Nov 14, 2013
    Great game. Great developers. Great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great stuff.
  76. Nov 9, 2013
    Dota 2 deserves its old rating, before this diretide yay go back up Dota 2 deserves its old rating, before this diretide yay go back up! Dota 2 deserves its old rating, before this diretide yay go back up!
  77. Nov 2, 2013
    Don't believe critic's lies. This game is and and it is going ****tier. The game was better while it was in the Beta, now they don't listen or respond to community. Really, go back to Dota 1.
  78. Nov 2, 2013
    NO Diretide
    NO New Hero
    NO Updates
    NO Normal matchmaking system
  79. Nov 3, 2013
    Garbage matchmaking
    Garbage report system
    Garbage game engine results in 9 games without someone being able to load and you reenter the queue
    0 communication and 0 visibility no visible MMR no ladders)
    No region locks.
    You take a perfect game and turn it into worst game ever created.
    GG WP
  80. Nov 8, 2013
    I got into Dota 2 after a long time of avoiding the genre. I'm into online gaming and should have started playing games in the genre years ago but things like Eve got in the way.

I've been playing now for about 2 months and have sunk about 100 real matches into it. I'm still just scratching the surface on a lot of the deeper concepts, but am enjoying myself for the most part. The

The game is plagued in my opinion by language issues (in a very team based game). I set my language preference to english and play on US servers, but still see most of my matches dominated by people who can't speak english. I think this could be solved by electing to join region locked queues perhaps (i'm no expert however). For me this is the largest issue I have with Dota and it is extremely painful.

I've tried my hand at LoL and found Dota to be more geared to mature gamers and it has a deeper and more complex system. I just could not be bothered to play League when I have the option.
  81. Nov 8, 2013
    Alive game volvo reband Alive game volvo reband Alive game volvo reband Alive game volvo reband Alive game volvo reband Alive game volvo reband Alive game volvo reband Alive game volvo reband Alive game volvo reband Alive game volvo reband Alive game volvo reband Alive game volvo reband Alive game volvo reband Alive game volvo reband Alive game volvo reband Alive game volvo Alive game volvo reband Alive game volvo reband Alive game volvo reband Alive game volvo reband Alive game volvo reband Alive game volvo reband Alive game volvo reband Alive game volvo reband Alive game volvo reband Alive game volvo reband Alive game volvo reband Alive game volvo reband Alive game volvo reband Alive game volvo reband Alive game volvo reband Alive game volvo reband Alive game volvo reband Alive game volvo reband Expand
  82. Nov 8, 2013
    A superb masterpiece of a game. Prepare for hundreds of your hours to be sunk into this rich and diverse world. Multitudes of heroes to play and master, thousands of different strategies and approaches, one game will never be the same as another. Volvo delivered.
  83. Nov 14, 2013
    Great game, great mechanics, awesome community.
    VALVe did a really good job with the updates, a bit late, but worth it the wait
    Today 11/14/13, we got 2 new heroes (Ember and Earth spirit), we got diretide, we got a new re-work on Storm spirit wich looks awesome, we got a bunch of new items, we got EVERYTHING
  84. Nov 14, 2013
    Must fix metacritic score. Diretide given. Must fix metacritic score. Diretide given. Must fix metacritic score. Diretide given. Must fix metacritic score. Diretide given. Must fix metacritic score. Diretide given. Must fix metacritic score. Diretide given. Must fix metacritic score. Diretide given. Must fix metacritic score. Diretide given. Must fix metacritic score. Diretide given. MustMust fix metacritic score. Diretide given. Must fix metacritic score. Diretide given. Must fix metacritic score. Diretide given. Must fix metacritic score. Diretide given. Must fix metacritic score. Diretide given. Must fix metacritic score. Diretide given. Must fix metacritic score. Diretide given. Must fix metacritic score. Diretide given. Must fix metacritic score. Diretide given. Must fix metacritic score. Diretide given. Must fix metacritic score. Diretide given. Must fix metacritic score. Diretide given. Expand
  85. Nov 14, 2013
    Much much much better than lol In addition, it is F2P which is amazing. And unlike, LoL or HoN which require you to use a rotating hero list until you buy your own with real money or accumulate enough in-game currency to purchase a single hero,
  86. Nov 14, 2013
    Simply put, I've spent more time playing DotA 2 than any other game. There is nothing quite like the gripping team strategy it has to offer. DotA was a wonderfully designed and well balanced master piece missing a smooth experience to access. Valve has managed to add everything DotA was missing without losing any of the brilliance. A strong argument could be made for calling DotA 2 theSimply put, I've spent more time playing DotA 2 than any other game. There is nothing quite like the gripping team strategy it has to offer. DotA was a wonderfully designed and well balanced master piece missing a smooth experience to access. Valve has managed to add everything DotA was missing without losing any of the brilliance. A strong argument could be made for calling DotA 2 the deepest game and it easily deserves the 10/10 Expand
  87. Nov 14, 2013
    Simply awesome,cant stop playing it .Highly detailed,deep,engaging,balanced but most of all what makes this great is the amount of love developers have shown and the amount of love the players of dota and fans have shown that makes it truely great.
  88. Nov 14, 2013
    Dota 2 is excellent. Although it has a large learning curve, once you get past that it is addictive and fun. I haven't had much trouble with the community, sure there are flamers every once in a while, but I can't remember the last time I have been in a game with flamers. Excellent game. Give it a shot.
  89. Nov 14, 2013
    Once you start to get the hang of dota 2 (was about 100 wins for me) you won't want to play lol anymore. Lol has superior content, but the depth dota 2 has is far more rewarding. HOWEVER Dota 2 and Lol are two entirely DIFFERENT games, and one will not be a "killer" for the other.

As far as the quality of the game, Dota 2 looks and sounds amazing, the characters are all very detailed, the level is very detailed, there are details everywhere.
  90. Nov 14, 2013
    This game is soo good.. nuff said. try it, you'll be hooked for life.

The team dynamics is what makes it. Been playing since early Dota (1) days, and the hard work that valve has put in building a new engine from scratch is paying off. The learning curve is quite steep, but valve has been trying to breath that by adding various learning modes (and as of the latest update
    This game is soo good.. nuff said. try it, you'll be hooked for life.

The learning curve is quite steep, but valve has been trying to breath that by adding various learning modes (and as of the latest update (2013/11/14), there is a coach mode where your clued up mates can teach you in game)

Word of warning, it'll consume your life... Its that good :P
  91. Nov 14, 2013
    This is my favorite game by far an fall the negative reviews were from Valve not releasing Diretide at Halloween. They were working on a huge patch and released Diretide a few weeks later. The strategies are deep and the game is wickedly fun win or lose. To avoid the mean people, friend everyone you win with in a well communicated match. Then you often have a full team workingThis is my favorite game by far an fall the negative reviews were from Valve not releasing Diretide at Halloween. They were working on a huge patch and released Diretide a few weeks later. The strategies are deep and the game is wickedly fun win or lose. To avoid the mean people, friend everyone you win with in a well communicated match. Then you often have a full team working together. Enjoy this masterpiece!! Expand
  92. Nov 14, 2013
    After playing League of Legends, Heroes of Newerth, Dota and Dota-2, Dota-2 in my opinion is the best choice, you have every Hero available from the beginning and is a bit more difficult than the others (instead of Dota of course) So if you're looking for a challenging MOBA/ARTS Dota-2 is perfect for you
  93. Nov 14, 2013
    This game is amazing! One of the best and most polished games i've played ever. This game improved so much since it was released on the beta. There are over 90 heroes to choose from currently and the gamplay is as intence and as rewarding as DOTA 1.
  94. Nov 14, 2013
    volvo gave diretide. love restored.

In all seriousness, don't let the lowish user score fool you, this is a great game and the community loves the devs, and the devs love them back.
  95. Nov 14, 2013
    This is one of my favorite games. For paid games, it deserves a 8+, but as a free game it should have a 9+ rating. Don't listen to the spoiled kids who feel entitled to to free content for a game they didn't pay for. Play this game, you'll love it!
  96. Nov 15, 2013
    This is incredible game. This is strategy and action game at the same time! And this is Valve game. All valve's game the best of the world. 10/10, the Best!
  97. Nov 15, 2013
    Amazing game with awesome features. Perfect upgrade from DOTA1. Valve is putting in tons of effort and it is paying off. I can play this game 100% for free every single day. New content comes regularly and they make a point of keeping the quality high.
  98. Nov 16, 2013
    Unquestionably the best MOBA on the market, primarily due to the unique character design and top-notch voice acting for each hero. This is honestly the main thing that draws a lot of people back. It's something LoL never quite managed. Unforgiving, but very fun, give it a try, but don't expect the game to spoon feed you. You get back what you put in outside of the game, (watchingUnquestionably the best MOBA on the market, primarily due to the unique character design and top-notch voice acting for each hero. This is honestly the main thing that draws a lot of people back. It's something LoL never quite managed. Unforgiving, but very fun, give it a try, but don't expect the game to spoon feed you. You get back what you put in outside of the game, (watching tutorials, pro play, hints/tips, hero videos). Expand
  99. Aug 1, 2013
    First game ever I enjoy watching. 20 years ago I would have tried to rock a bit, but I don't have the time to get into this mass of playable chars. Since I don't play vs. humans I can only judge the community watching the games and its players: you have your aholes everywhere but IMO it's not that bad as others write. A lot of ppl are friendly and answer to questions, but of course there'sFirst game ever I enjoy watching. 20 years ago I would have tried to rock a bit, but I don't have the time to get into this mass of playable chars. Since I don't play vs. humans I can only judge the community watching the games and its players: you have your aholes everywhere but IMO it's not that bad as others write. A lot of ppl are friendly and answer to questions, but of course there's always a black sheep... or two.
    Since it's F2P there is absolutly no reason for not giving it a try.
  100. Nov 2, 2013
    NO Diretide
    NO New Hero
    NO Updates
    NO Normal matchmaking system
  101. Jul 19, 2013
    This is a really top notch, excellent game for strategy game players. It features strong PvP, team elements and a vast variety of play styles paired with a steep learning curve. As you may have seen in other reviews the biggest knock against the game is the juvenile, petulant players that you will frequently encounter in random games. While playing some public matches is required to learnThis is a really top notch, excellent game for strategy game players. It features strong PvP, team elements and a vast variety of play styles paired with a steep learning curve. As you may have seen in other reviews the biggest knock against the game is the juvenile, petulant players that you will frequently encounter in random games. While playing some public matches is required to learn different strategies and techniques, I strongly advise you to find a stable group of friends who want to be responsible and fun to play with in order to enjoy this game fully. Collapse

1. Feb 19, 2014
    Simply irresistible and addictive as hell.
  2. Sep 1, 2013
  3. Aug 30, 2013
    A great PvP game that offers some of the most intriguing and nuanced team combat around.