6.4

1. Nov 6, 2013
    The tutorial is commendable but for those who never play RTS or RPG games it's still confusing as hell. There's no dexterity required for this game as it's purely tactics (yes, tactics not strategy like chess) but with the wealth of characters and stupid number of items, it's nearly impossible to even begin to understand this game. Graphics are bad, it's slow and feels unpolished. BoringThe tutorial is commendable but for those who never play RTS or RPG games it's still confusing as hell. There's no dexterity required for this game as it's purely tactics (yes, tactics not strategy like chess) but with the wealth of characters and stupid number of items, it's nearly impossible to even begin to understand this game. Graphics are bad, it's slow and feels unpolished. Boring and overly complex. Expand
  2. Dec 5, 2013
    When I decided to give this a try, I was already aware of its infamous reputation for being harmful. All of the negative rumors you hear are true. It will make the most friendly of people aggressively competitive, while ignoring the game's extremely low fun factor.

Dota 2 is bad.
  3. May 15, 2014
    This game started out as creative and innovative, but has since fallen into the trap of moneyhatting. This game is all about making money, and the fans get disregarded. Also, 90% of the players are a$$holes and treat nOObs like $hit, which kind of hurts the game's appeal. Then it updates EVERY DAY. Annoyed, I deleted it.
  4. Aug 16, 2013
    Re-review. I tried to get into Dota 2. I can get past the gloomy graphics and all the vocal toxic players but I simply don't have fun Dota 2. Owning people in dota2 doesn't feel good. The animations in this game are smooth and look good, but skill sounds and animations don't make me feel good, there's just something missing in Dota 2. Honestly, I feel restricted, I feel like I'm playing inRe-review. I tried to get into Dota 2. I can get past the gloomy graphics and all the vocal toxic players but I simply don't have fun Dota 2. Owning people in dota2 doesn't feel good. The animations in this game are smooth and look good, but skill sounds and animations don't make me feel good, there's just something missing in Dota 2. Honestly, I feel restricted, I feel like I'm playing in a box and it makes the pace feel slow.

I have to praise it's item and stat system though. There are a of items with interesting actives. Also leads don't mean a lot, you can come back from anything and with buy-back unlike other MOBAs which have many games which are drawn out, boring, predictable, sometimes just a facepalm montage and tedious to play. This game has had tons of time and alterations so I doubt the balance is bad. I felt like I really wasn't giving it enough credit because I didn't enjoy it.
  5. Jan 7, 2014
    There is no point in playing this game. Seriously, think about it. You win a couple of matches, then what? You get a few items, then what? It's the same map, over and over again. The same heroes, the same ability spams, everything's the same. Where does it end? Nothing ever changes. You might get an item every now and then, which you can't sell/trade unless you spend real money on otherThere is no point in playing this game. Seriously, think about it. You win a couple of matches, then what? You get a few items, then what? It's the same map, over and over again. The same heroes, the same ability spams, everything's the same. Where does it end? Nothing ever changes. You might get an item every now and then, which you can't sell/trade unless you spend real money on other non-existent items. What would be the point of getting better at this thing? The game exists solely to cash in on people's nostalgia/boredom/stupidity. Nothing more. Basically, you'd be paying valve to not care what you think, to pair you with spoiled children or bored idiots that have no real life accomplishments so that you may be flamed and insulted because of their own incompetence. Why would any normal person play this game, is beyond comprehension. Utterly pointless. Expand
  6. Sep 17, 2013
    one of the most boring games i ever played. honestly.
    also the online community consitsts of 99% garbage talking kids. not sure how anyone can spend more than 4 hours on this.

better get warcraft 3 and the original dota mod.
  7. Jun 5, 2014
    Never In my entire life have I witnessed a worse community revolving around a video-game than the one that is to be found in Dota 2. The players are: Egotistic, ego centric, unsporting, aggressive, hostile, uncaring, mean, mistrusting, immature, callous, apathetic and incredibly pretentious while at every loss prompting everyone inside the current game to "Report player X" if someone onNever In my entire life have I witnessed a worse community revolving around a video-game than the one that is to be found in Dota 2. The players are: Egotistic, ego centric, unsporting, aggressive, hostile, uncaring, mean, mistrusting, immature, callous, apathetic and incredibly pretentious while at every loss prompting everyone inside the current game to "Report player X" if someone on their team was even remotely new to the game or did any other action not sanctified by them, be it going in what lane you want, not purchasing courier/wards or simply just had an unlucky run/getting cross-classed. Along with being completely miserable to be around, they frequently never speak the language in the region you're playing and nowhere else is this more apparent when russian is spammed into the chat at all times on European zones from 3 different sources at once. And if people do know English, trolling is nothing short but assured from all directions to all teams.

Second biggest problem with this game would be the elitist mindset that orbits anyone that has played this atrocious game for more than a couple of hours. Any behavior that breaks the typical dota 2's hardcore player routine of buying tango, healing salve and iron branches, perhaps with some boots of speed if they're feeling adventurous will result in a wave of F-bombs, intentional feeding, votes of surrender, spam prompts to report player X and disconnecting users as far as the eye can see. I even had cases where players left the game because some guy forgot to buy a courier at the start of the game. And that's me overlooking the fact that killstealing off your TEAMMATES is considered average behavior/a common tactic. In LoL, you can even report people for "being unskilled". As in, anyone. Even if they're level 1.To put it bluntly, MOBA's like dota 2 give out a special kind of disgusting behavior that makes me feel physically ill for very good reasons.

Coming close to problem number 2 is the third epic fail problem of this game. The match-making in Dota 2. Broken, poorly thought through and executed horribly. You are prompted to select a variety of regions before initiating the match-making system and the more regions you have selected, the less waiting time..

Which begs the question, what is the point with the regional system if you're just gonna encourage people to sign up for all regions? The end result will be that nobody sticking to their geographical zones and not only causes frustration in the form of people trying to communicate and chat with eachother in the chat as described above but also disallows any kind of vocal / text tactical communication since everyone does not speak the same language. In all honestly, this game is overloaded with issues just like this and I would be able to overlook this particular embarassing design-flop if it wasn't for the actual hard functionality of the MM as well being broken. The scenario on where 4-5 organized people in a group, all sitting in ventrilo/teamspeak while packing thousands of hours in Dota 2 each have a very likely possibility to be "teamed" up against new players with less than 10 hours with no complaints from the match-making system (even if there is a very large queue) throws out any chance of that. This happens particulary often if you decide to try the game out with a friend or two which leaves me with yet another question: The purpose of match-making was to find equally skilled opponents. So why is this even remotely possible? Team-based games with a mandatory MM are supposed to be fair. Not Tyrannosaurus rex VS a duckling. I'm reluctant to say that Dota 2 even has a match-making at all once you look at all the facts.

Even with all these problems, I could actually see myself overlooking them at a certain time during a year due to the sheer amount of possible combinations in this game with heroes & items and the addictive quality the game has if it wasn't for all the other flaws.

The commitment to play DotA MOBA's however, is the biggest flaw of them all that this game inhibits. It changes whoever plays the game as a person. For the worse. Why? Because the game inhibits "addictive" qualities similar with that of jamming needles full with endorphin into your spine every half hour. It's painful, it hurts your emotional stability, it hurts you as a person and it hurts the people around you and for what? A small kick of pleasure/self satisfaction as you managed to win a fundamentally unbalanced game with an emphasis on gank above all else due to chance or otherwise pre-meditated "pubstomping"? Not worth it in so many ways since at the end of the day, Dota 2 will never be fully balanced because Valve will be split between tournament-balances and casual or the "normal" version of the game while repeatedly adding more and more content in the form of heroes.

I could keep on going with design flop after design flop but at the end of the day, this game is not worth anyone's time or dedication.
  8. Nov 18, 2013
    I was about to try something new and... Horrible, pathetic and weak piece of crap. Boring experience, ugly and completely unbalanced game. There is no any civilised multiplayer, this is rather gang bang. Hordes of rapists running around in large groups, spamming most powerful spells and weapons. There is no any civilised community as well. Typical Valve cheap half-product which hasI was about to try something new and... Horrible, pathetic and weak piece of crap. Boring experience, ugly and completely unbalanced game. There is no any civilised multiplayer, this is rather gang bang. Hordes of rapists running around in large groups, spamming most powerful spells and weapons. There is no any civilised community as well. Typical Valve cheap half-product which has nothing to do with strategy or planning like excellent Warcraft III. Expand
  9. Dec 30, 2013
    One of the most boring gaming experiences I've had in my life. Valves worst game by far.
    .............................................................
  10. Jul 7, 2014

11. Dec 22, 2013
    Impressive how you can take one of the most loved games the world over, and come out with such a terrible sequel. Based on a Blizzard game- I suppose the devs are doing what they can to follow suit.

This is the Diablo 3 of mobas.
  12. May 7, 2014
    I've never played a worse game in my entire life. How does something this bad leave the drawing board phase? Valve, get it together. We are waiting for Half-Life 3 for 10 years and you deliver this trash? ...
  13. Apr 19, 2014
    It used to be good, now you get communication-banned for saying stuff like "that was a bad play." Count on Valve to ruin anything that might have been good. MMR system is completely awful and if you live in the US, expect to have people who don't speak English on your team. Great game fallen to ruin by self-righteous, nanny trash company. I've never liked Valve as a company or any of theirIt used to be good, now you get communication-banned for saying stuff like "that was a bad play." Count on Valve to ruin anything that might have been good. MMR system is completely awful and if you live in the US, expect to have people who don't speak English on your team. Great game fallen to ruin by self-righteous, nanny trash company. I've never liked Valve as a company or any of their previous games. I was happy about dota because they got the original developer of the game. I have been playing Dota 2 since early beta and the game is not the same anymore.

Is it so hard to mute people you don't want to talk to through the in-game UI? Apparently Valve thinks so! Whenever I can't stand Peruvians screaming gibberish or nasally voiced 12 year olds, I just mute them. Nanny Valve doesn't trust your judgment though, so I guess they'd better mute people themselves so nobody can listen to them!
  14. Sep 16, 2013
    I found this game to be to stale. It's just so difficult to enjoy when you have an hour of repetitive gameplay, really reminds me of D3 and that's supposed to be an insult. I noticed that the other players were very rude and hostile to beginners, and really made my experience even more negative.
  15. Jan 8, 2014
    No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one caresNo one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores.No one cares about metacritic user scores. Expand
  16. Jan 6, 2014
    A Fan base so immature it could be compared as a too the infamous Call of Duty fans.

Definitely an unfriendly game too play, On Dota, there is no hiding the chat, so guaranteed first time playing you'll see your name being thrown around for how terrible you are at this game you've just began playing.
  17. Jul 11, 2014
    Dota 2, the game advertised as hard, awesome and good by it's fans. I played the fancy new tutorial, it taught me nothing. I played a bot game, it taught me nothing. I played against players, it taught me the following:

- You need to tell everyone when someone exists your screen, they can't look it up from their minimap. - Call everyone feeder while having most deaths - Spam league

- Call everyone feeder while having most deaths
    - Spam league forums about how skillcap Dota 2 is.
    - Last hitting is very easy
    - Gold is easily gained
    - Snowballing is super fast and strong, games can be decided by any lane just by getting killed 2 times.

Overall pretty average game, graphics are nice and stuff. But the real thing is, it's not that hard game. Sure learning 90 champions is hard, but if i can find figure out most of the stuff in 20minutes that my team was getting beaten, anyone can do it.

My first pvp game was a flamefest, i did not call an missing player and my team died to him....3 times in row for a double kill. Then i was the person with mental issues, i'm feeding and should go back to League. While still holding more farm, less deaths and more income than my team that composed of players who had much more hours in the game than i did (less than 3). MatchMaking sucks as bad as Riot's, even worse i might add. Every player in my pvp games has experience with the game that i don't. So i'll check the game out in 6 months or so again to see what they done with it. Prolly nothing.

Short version:

- Requires more skill than league. [ ] Yes [x] NO
    - Full of A-Holes. [x] Yes [ ] NO
    - Overhyped and boring [x ] Yes [] NO
    - Lucky Valve has other quality game under their name [x] Yes [x] Yes

Don't buy anything in this game until you are sure it's good.
  18. Mar 9, 2014
    Don't believe the positive reviews, this is a terrible game. In theory its cool but its impossible to find a game, when you do someone always quits so one team is unbalanced, often this triggers one or more people quitting so you end up on a team down 1-2 players.

Then if you're on that team you're up against it and if the other team gets a couple of kills you're quickly stuck in a 40 minute trudge to your inevitable loss. In theory its awesome but in practice awful.
  19. Nov 3, 2013
    Nothing new added for half a year besides cosmetic money-grubbing items...
    - Garbage auto-report system...
    - Garbage matchmaking...
    - Horrible community and player base...
    - Valve...

Yep, stay as far away as possible guys. This is cancer.
  20. Jun 23, 2014
    Community is horrendous and Valve has no clue what to do or how to fix it. Million Russians are playing on EU servers, they don't know how to play, they won't listen, they don't speak English and they don't care when they destroy match. They simply flame you, report you and go on to next match.
  21. Aug 6, 2013
    I've tried it quite a bit. Gave it a fair chance. Not impressed.

Pros: - It's a MOBA challenging addictive. - Very good user interface outside of the game. Cons: - Chaotic compared to other MOBAs (can't even tell what's passable terrain). - Too few improvements over the Warcraft 3 engine DOTA. - Crappy community. - No solo ranking system. - Extremely unbalanced. - Matches
    I've tried it quite a bit. Gave it a fair chance. Not impressed.

Pros:
    - It's a MOBA challenging addictive.
    - Very good user interface outside of the game.

Cons:
    - Chaotic compared to other MOBAs (can't even tell what's passable terrain).
    - Too few improvements over the Warcraft 3 engine DOTA.
    - Crappy community.
    - No solo ranking system.
    - Extremely unbalanced.
    - Matches are almost exclusively decided in 10 minutes, yet you have to player longer and finish the one-sided match.
  22. Dec 26, 2013
    Abusive and annoying community. Very basic game. Character design and image is very minimal and adds now really feel to them. You need a very good PC to run the game properly and smoothly, despite the graphics looking dated.

Try other MMOBAs before returning to this one.
  23. Aug 12, 2013
    I wouldn't mind this game if it wasn't for the community the first online game i played and this is day one i don't do too good not bad but not good and some guy just lays into me so want i'm not perfect at the start so i try again it gets worse and worse until i can't take it anymore.
  24. Oct 9, 2013
    Repetitive, but that's for some reason what a lot of people like. Although there are indeed dozens of heroes to choose from, in my opinion the game gets... boring. Not only that, but to actually PLAY the game without being called a "feeder" you have to play with bots for a week. And heck, I don't like that! I want to jump in the game immediately and have fun, not get swarmed by objectivesRepetitive, but that's for some reason what a lot of people like. Although there are indeed dozens of heroes to choose from, in my opinion the game gets... boring. Not only that, but to actually PLAY the game without being called a "feeder" you have to play with bots for a week. And heck, I don't like that! I want to jump in the game immediately and have fun, not get swarmed by objectives I have no idea on what to do, or terms I have no idea what they mean. Also, it's just dull... the game takes forever to start in the first place and combat is rather boring. In general, though critics say "superb", I say "whatever". Expand
  25. Nov 23, 2013
    An utter failure in all possible ways a game can fail. It did not take inspiration from the Warcraft 3 defense of the ancients modification: it ripped it straight out and stuck a price tag and microtransaction store in it. It's downright horrible that anyone would give this game anything higher than a 2.
  26. Nov 8, 2013
    Dota 2 is nothing other then Dota 1, the graphics was the reason and the whole game was wholly modified into a mess, it will make the new people playing the game
  27. Nov 5, 2013
    This game is not as exciting or fun as others would make it seem. It is incredibly unbalanced, and you will be forced to lose game after game. Of course, this is all while you are being forced to sit through the whole game and get helplessly demolished. More than anything, DOTA 2 is a massive waste of time. There are many other fun and competitive games that are much better alternatives toThis game is not as exciting or fun as others would make it seem. It is incredibly unbalanced, and you will be forced to lose game after game. Of course, this is all while you are being forced to sit through the whole game and get helplessly demolished. More than anything, DOTA 2 is a massive waste of time. There are many other fun and competitive games that are much better alternatives to this game. Expand
  28. Oct 21, 2013
    DOTA II has a horrible Community that makes the game far less enjoyable than it could be. New players are turned away because of this and older players have a worse time leading to further negativity towards other players.

The graphics aren't the worst, but they aren't that good. For a game that thrives on detailed team-play and champion strategies it stunts the potential. The only reason this game could be considered as more difficult than other games in this genre would be the graphics and lingering champion game-play. The graphics make it difficult to see what exactly is going on and doesn't get much easier as you progress. Pretty much every champion has at least one ability that will root/stun/slow ect. for around 5 seconds. When a game has that kind of kill security it doesn't matter if the champions are Balanced.

I've played many other Game in this genre and besides HoN they were all much more enjoyable than DOTA II. When I first played a game or two It was extremely easy compared to league of legends or other similar games. It may be more difficult to see what's going on but the spells are so overpowered on all the champions that it was easy coming from game that have underpowered spells.

The worst thing About DOTA II would be the Item system that has been Implemented. It's just ridiculous how it's not user friendly at all. This game has such a bad In-Game and Community Experience that players Uninstall it after playing 1-3 matches. The fact that this game was for sale when it had been released and is now free to play should tell you all you need to know about it. I recall having been gifted the game through Steam and then having loads of copies put into my inventory to give to other steam members. It was just sad.
  29. Nov 2, 2013
    A community based game that is getting wrecked by careless developers.
    Terrible matchmaking, hundreds of unfixed bugs, no ladder... list goes long. There is no communications from the developers on ANY of these matters, lack of updates are irritating. And now, we dont even get our halloween event.

I would NOT recommend this game to anyone at the moment.
  30. Nov 14, 2013
    The game was extremely fun, I liked the game play and they game was being balanced properly and any game changes to stuff other than heroes were agreeable and pleasant. I spent a lot of time and actually spent money on the game. All characters felt unique and all ultimates felt like REAL ultimates. Then there was this patch 6.79, the team had totally changed the direction of the gameThe game was extremely fun, I liked the game play and they game was being balanced properly and any game changes to stuff other than heroes were agreeable and pleasant. I spent a lot of time and actually spent money on the game. All characters felt unique and all ultimates felt like REAL ultimates. Then there was this patch 6.79, the team had totally changed the direction of the game from when I had started playing (the actual game like camp changes, buyback changes, etc.) and much more changes, weather some were good or bad in terms of keeping or making the game enjoyable the majority of the ones I personally disagree with (you may absolutely love them but I didnt). The game is now in a new direction geared towards new players and working on projects that are not a main part of the actually game. After TI3 (their big e sports event) they had took a long break to make cosmetics to sell on the market. They had under met their expectations of how the game would grow from TI3 and thus they thought to indulge overall improvements to stuff that may or may not appeal to new players but can ruin the game for existing players. There is no ranked system and they had removed looking up players by a broad system that showed players in Normal, High, or Very high brackets. Thus unable to look up yourself or friends to know how well ur improving or slacking off AND the reason they removed this is because players dont like to play and be judged or feel under pressure to perform w/ bad teams.. etc etc. Overall there is no lasting fun and the DOTA 2 team is unpredictable. Collapse
  31. Nov 29, 2013
    dota 2 is a pretty terrible game, it rips off of what made league of legends and awesomenauts such great games and boils it down into simplified nonsense, but i think its still pretty good
  32. Apr 21, 2014
    Удивительно, что нашлись средства и люди для воплощения в жизнь из столь маленького дополнения в нечто большее. В Доте нет ничего особенного. Ни смысловой нагрузки, ни визуальных прелестей и ничего другого тоже.
  33. Jun 28, 2014
    AS a dota 2 player of to years this game is **** because of the matchmaking they force you to play with some unhumain retards the MMR system is a joke and that's why league of legends is better
  34. Sep 2, 2014
    Awful gameplay. Awful graphics. Awful support from Valve. I honestly can NOT think of a single good thing about this game. League of Legends is the better MOBA in every regard.
  35. Nov 2, 2013
    NO Updates
  36. Dec 30, 2013
    The game is far to be perfect but it's decent
    The game is far to be perfect but it's decent
    There are a lot of problems with Dota 2 such as the Matchmaking and automatic report system which it doesn't matter the details of the report you will get into the low priority pool if multiple players are reporting you and no one reviews the reports.The matchmaking lacks options and sometimes balance because you can no longer solo queue and you end up in a match where premades (parties) have advantages since this is a team oriented game the selecting of multiple regions and languages is not bad but some players...and not just few are going on servers where they talk their native language and spam and have a toxic behavior ruining other players game and mood for example everybody whines about the russians going on different servers and spam the chat in their language, yell in the voice chat and feed the enemy team or they refuse to cooperate with the team
    Some may find the game easy other difficult but compared to other games for me it seems easy it's easy to land a stun or any other skill on the target and the gameplay it's too similar to the Warcraft III game where the Dota mod has it's roots
    The tutorial is ok and somehow seems to be more like a troll tutorial where it suggests you to buy a wrong item for a hero
    The game lacks originality and new heroes since there won't be anything new that it's not in dota mod and valve release heroes at a slow pace
    Theres a abundance of cosmetic items which makes the game a bit more good looking
    Another problem would be that sometimes the network and steam servers may have problems and there is a known bug where items would get stuck on your cursor and then on your screen and the only way to get rid of it would be restarting the dota 2 client
    Last would be the community that could be unpleasant and rude to newcomers and generally the community has troll and inviduals with airs of superiority
    I am a critic letting aside that dota is one of my favorite games online i can't pass over problems..the best feedback for a growing and prospering game is constructive feedback Rated 1/10 since the game offers the same things and nothing new as the mod it started on
  37. Jun 2, 2014
    I really wish this piece of crap never exists. It split DotA community apart, it ruin all the old connections and fun (you cant play with great players anymore - they are all in dota2, trying to win some money). The game itself is not even REMOTELY close as good as DotA Allstars was, it has terrible graphics, models, sound, interface, everything is basically piece of ****
    Valve will never
    Valve will never be able to create such animations, models and sound like there were in godly Warcraft 3. I cant even watch at this trash game, not even playing it. SF is just some black ugly goat face something, puck looks and speaks like **** storm spirit is a fat ugly mexican **** again, etc. All sounds is terrible, rune notifications is worse than terrible.

Game went fully casual, mindless item management and stupid clothes is a proof.
    Report system is prevent you to enjoy this game (like you ever could?). Doing some other_than_in_guide_starting_item_set? Here you go, mass report from stupid retards that mostly play this game. Carrying your team solo? Get reported as frag stealer from 9 noobs - 5 enemies that sucked whole game because why not, and 4 idiots from your team, because from their idiotic point, you are the one who steal their kills and ruined their game! So with a score of 38-7 and whole team with 0-22 you end up getting reported.

I actually stopped playing even allstars, because this noob teams in moba games is a disaster. They ruin all the fun, they ruin your games. But now all 9 year kids went from allstars to dota2, because it has cute shiny graphics and clothes, set clothes, holy **** So allsters will be probably better place to stay, playing with people who really love the first initial great moba is great.
  38. Sep 21, 2013
    This game get's old really fast. The objectives are linear and boring. When I play a strategy game I usually favorite skirmishes, this game has skirmishes[kind of], but I wouldn't recommend anyone to play them. The A.I. is stupid and does not support the major areas that get attacked. Also, half of the team goes to one corner of the map, while the other goes to the other corner. Yeah,This game get's old really fast. The objectives are linear and boring. When I play a strategy game I usually favorite skirmishes, this game has skirmishes[kind of], but I wouldn't recommend anyone to play them. The A.I. is stupid and does not support the major areas that get attacked. Also, half of the team goes to one corner of the map, while the other goes to the other corner. Yeah, not much to play in here. Expand
  39. Dec 8, 2013
    REMOVE MUTE SYSTEM VALVE !
    this game is great itself. But mute system is UNFAIR, since you dont need to have reason or not to make someone being muted impossible to chat with your teammates about strategies.... This is just RUINING the game. This system only exists on dota2, and Valve would never put such system in TF2 or any other of their game. REMOVE MUTE SYSTEM
  40. Jul 21, 2014
    A great strategy & skill & reflex game with many heroes and abilities. However the worthless community nearly destructs everything. I can only recommend this game if you have thick skin or you have friends to play with. Otherwise you'll become someone who becomes angry while playing rather than having fun and you'll do it while becoming racist against Russians & Spanish speaking people.
  41. Sep 12, 2013
    The game is quite fun for a few games every 100 games played, the problem is the matchmaking is terrible.
    Playing with people who don't speak your language and have 450 pings makes for a bad game.
    The game needs a ladder or some form of progression, the games feels shallow unless you're in a pro team, then it has lots of support. dota often has 7x less spectators than league of legends
    dota often has 7x less spectators than league of legends that says a lot.
    most people in dota have 4-5 accounts for trading and queue skipping, this makes the game look bigger than it is. Theirs only 10% of people logged in who are actually playing in game, most idle in chat or trading.
    The best thing about dota is the graphics are great so i do hope dota wins but they need to support the casual community.
  42. Nov 2, 2013
    No bugfixes, only hats Naix and Weaver still too much overpowered. No communication, only hats. Game abandoned its safe to leave. GG Volvo, now you can have vacation even longer.
  43. Nov 2, 2013
    It is not the communities fault, it is the match makings fault that puts all type of skill levels together and combine that with the force 50% win/loss ratio...you're going to have a bad time.
  44. Nov 2, 2013
    NO Updates
  45. Nov 5, 2013
    Give DIRETIDE

A game this big... with this amount of players...
    It's just impossible to not do a Halloween event.
    Every single comparable game does have a Halloween event...
    I just fail to see how it is possible for this to happen.
    Volvo should really fix this problem.
  46. Nov 6, 2013
    Played the game for about 400 hours and here's my review.

Well,let's start from the pros first - The HUD has improved,you don't have to click on the NPCs to view shop items anymore.There are also suggested items for every hero. - In the old Dota if you were a beginner you could get killed without even noticing,but on the new one when you get hit you got the red effect on the
    Played the game for about 400 hours and here's my review.

Well,let's start from the pros first

- In the old Dota if you were a beginner you could get killed without even noticing,but on the new one when you get hit you got the red effect on the screen,also the hero health bars look different so you can figure out stuff easier.

Cons

- The matchmaking system must be fixed.You can have 1 hour of gameplay and suddenly end up with 2 or 3 pros on the other team which obviously isn't fair.

- Even though you choose to play in european servers there are bunch of Russians (not racist) who don't speak English .Those who do speak English tend to be offensive against everyone and refuse to cooperate.

- Though the buy-able cosmetics do not give any advantage to the player,it's a big problem for other players who just don't care about them and don't want them.That's because they have to download 7gbs of useless models.I'm pretty sure that the game itself isn't even 5gb.

Tip Find some people to play with if you're not patient.Otherwise you'll be wasting your time.
  47. Nov 15, 2013
    Addictive game, ruined by a community of complete Most of them would read my comment thinking I'm a noob, which I'm not so just proves my point.... Very hard to find a pleasant game were there isn't someone abusing someone on either team.
  48. Nov 27, 2013
    The game is too hard and the tutorials doesn't explain 1 tenth of if. It is unnecessary complicated at times. The graphics give me a headache. Really bad game overall
  49. Dec 4, 2013
    One of the most overrated game of all time, it is not really good, a big learning curve, graphics, a stupid item system, and you need to have steam to play it. What a piece of
  50. Jan 22, 2014
    You will kinda like the game but you will hate the players, and most of your games will suck.

Dota is a complex game, but it's painfully lacking features such game must have or they are terribly executed.

Icefrogs dota 9
    Lacking features -3
    Players i am forced to play with -3
  51. Aug 17, 2014
    This game's community is really bad. Every match they have at least 5 Russians and they don't speak English. Plus this game is very addictive that my brother forgot about his real life.
  52. Nov 1, 2013
    Dota i mean original wc3 was greatest game because of its gameplay. All the dota 2 dev team need to do is just port original concept on new engine and add some cool features. Around 4 years and still not all hero ported and not all mods we have. In the last year they slow down with new heroes and features. But they speed up with "HATS". Nice. Just nice. Second TF. Valve created a machineDota i mean original wc3 was greatest game because of its gameplay. All the dota 2 dev team need to do is just port original concept on new engine and add some cool features. Around 4 years and still not all hero ported and not all mods we have. In the last year they slow down with new heroes and features. But they speed up with "HATS". Nice. Just nice. Second TF. Valve created a machine for making money. They dont actually want dota become greater. They dont want to do something that will show that Dota 2 greatest game. But they need to do it cos dota 2 must be best MOBA game, because its all started from dota. And yes in dota one every 6.x9 version wass added with secret quest. It was a tradition. Diretide can become such tradition. But no, they dont want to celebrate with community. They dont even want to say us "Hey, community, have a nice hollydays". VALVE killed orgignal map and created just a shadow of past grandeur. Expand
  53. Nov 1, 2013
    Don't bother; Valve gave up developing this game shortly after its release. The matchmaking is horrible, there is still no ladder or any way of measuring your skill and the game offers no short-term rewards or incentives for playing. Dota is literally a Find Match button with nothing else to offer. Check back in a couple of years to see if Valve has decided to resume developing this game.
  54. Nov 1, 2013
    LoL DotA.

Riot Games is the example of all company should follow for an e-sports free to play game.

DotA 2 is a complete fail in all his aspects.
  55. Nov 1, 2013
    Negatives

Frequent forced updates for purchasable in game items. Slow updates for porting existing heroes from DotA 1 to Dota 2. Mind you, not new heroes, but No trailer for official release. Competitive and unforgiving game. (Often the case for ARTS/MOBA genre) Making it hard for new players to actually have fun playing. More often then not, my friend which is new to the game ended
    Negatives

Frequent forced updates for purchasable in game items.
    No trailer for official release.
    Competitive and unforgiving game. (Often the case for ARTS/MOBA genre) Making it hard for new players to actually have fun playing. More often then not, my friend which is new to the game ended up quitting due to the nature of the game.

A ton of bugs

No new hero that is actually created. All the heroes are ports from the oringal DotA.

Positives

Clean graphics
    Cosmetic items are tradable
    Its on steam could be a negative to some)

All in all, i do not recommend this game for people who are looking for casual gaming or to actually have fun.
  56. Nov 2, 2013
    This game is pretty much inferior to WC3 dota in every way besides graphics. It certainly doesn't help that all Valve does is add cosmetic items to milk it as much as possible, without giving a damn about the actual quality of the game.
  57. Nov 2, 2013
    NO Diretide.
    NO New Heroes.
    NO Normal matchmaking system.
    NO Rank system.
    NO Communication from developers with the players.
    Only hats, hats, hats, hats, hats, HATS AND HATS!
  58. Nov 2, 2013
    Let's see:
    Valve has officially released Dota 2 at 9 july 2013, but now in 3/8 games two-five gamers has auto-disconnect from the session. Not one patch have not fix that.
    Fix 6.79 adds many cool stuff, but it's not changes, what really need to dota-community: we wait new heroes with their own mechanics teeches, commander, terrorblade and other. Finally, Halloween positioned like
    Let's see:
    Finally, Halloween positioned like annual event but here we have new fail.

Oh, VERY thanks for new hats and awesome discount in steam, yeah *sarcasm*
  59. Nov 2, 2013
    Garbage matchmaking
    Garbage report system
    Garbage game engine results in 9 games without someone being able to load and you reenter the queue
    0 communication and 0 visibility no visible MMR no ladders)
    No region locks.
    You take a perfect game and turn it into worst game ever created.
    GG WP
  60. Nov 3, 2013
    DOTA2 could have been a good game. It was promising, with deep mechanics. Sadly it's plagued by huge issues. The Matchmaking is absolutely dreadful and lead to very frustrating games full of flames and insults. The community is downright terrible. i haven't seen a single game without at least a troll or a leaver. Valve seems strangely non-responsive, doing very little to address thoseDOTA2 could have been a good game. It was promising, with deep mechanics. Sadly it's plagued by huge issues. The Matchmaking is absolutely dreadful and lead to very frustrating games full of flames and insults. The community is downright terrible. i haven't seen a single game without at least a troll or a leaver. Valve seems strangely non-responsive, doing very little to address those core issues. After a while I realized I just wasn't having any fun with this game and quited. Expand
  61. Nov 3, 2013
    This Game is pretty fine. I'd give it a 8/10 without any doubt, but there are no updates anymore (except new hats). Though worst thing is: there is no DIRETIDE. How can anyone commit such a crime ?

0 points due to volvo
  62. Nov 20, 2013
    the community is trash, there is not rating, or anything that help you not to be paired with "noobs" (LOL has this i believe) and HoN definitely has it, so yeah, valve is more worried about selling sets and stuff for heroes and make money instead of improving the game
  63. Feb 16, 2014
    Crappy game forces you to play losing matches, imbalanced heroes, HORRIBLE matchmaking algorithm, all around **** game that should have stayed on Warcraft 3, it was way better back then.
  64. Jul 1, 2014
    I'm sure my humble review will never get paid attention to, but I feel like I know the game fairly good being a player starting from 2007 to now. I have seen the lobbies of eurobattle.net, 5.84b crawled with bugs, and played on custom servers for different regions.

All I have to say is Valve has ruined the game ruining the lobby mechanics with a broken matchmaking system, linking players who are completely different by language and region to play a competitive game where every player's mistake is punished heavily by the game mechanics.

Back in the day when people had a set username, you used to carry your reputation around also having a network of players you used to play with from chat channels. This is very important since you can have balanced matches with people in your region or your interest in custom made lobbies that you HAVE TO use in order to play.

The current situation is you end up playing with adolescent kids who can't speak a word of english nor know the game, even in "high" brackets at 4-5k MMR. They can ruin your gaming experience and leave without a punishment, lowering your MMR thus pulling you down to play with players exactly like him.

I can't stand the game I grew up playing is ruined by this so called "community" oriented company who only uses this game to just milk money out of people. They are not interested in making a better game, they are interested in one thing and one thing only, making PROFITS.
  65. Jul 17, 2013
    I really love this game, so many improvements have been made over Dota1. Juking around trees is easier and feels more natural, smooth animations allow for much easier last hitting, beautiful visual effects with the exception of a few hero models but the game is still treated like a beta by the devs so they're constantly working on improving things. The match making is a bit flawed at theI really love this game, so many improvements have been made over Dota1. Juking around trees is easier and feels more natural, smooth animations allow for much easier last hitting, beautiful visual effects with the exception of a few hero models but the game is still treated like a beta by the devs so they're constantly working on improving things. The match making is a bit flawed at the moment but it will get fixed. The pay model is great as you have the hole game for FREE without having to buy anything which may give you even 1% advantage over the enemy which is great. Most of the cosmetics are great and those that are implemented and hated on by the community get removed(of course who bought them will keep them though). I can talk about a lot of things but I just wanted to cover a few things Dota2 has improved from Dota1. It's a very fun and challenging game which I recommend you try out(but first please play the tutorial). Expand
  66. Aug 12, 2013
    Ok where do i start witch this game, Poor graphics Buggy The match making is awful the wait time to get into games is shocking the learning curve is mental and the tutorials you get don't really help. Boring to play Items and collectibles are confusing and offer no help. community that play the game are 80% idiots and when you do "report" them for being idiots quitting mid match ectOk where do i start witch this game, Poor graphics Buggy The match making is awful the wait time to get into games is shocking the learning curve is mental and the tutorials you get don't really help. Boring to play Items and collectibles are confusing and offer no help. community that play the game are 80% idiots and when you do "report" them for being idiots quitting mid match ect nothing seems to happen and to add to it all the game is so repetitive you will find yourself doing the exact same thing during each of the hour long matches. I gave this game 1 because its free and free games are good......well....was good... Expand
  67. Sep 26, 2013
    A great game till you play online.... PUGs are just impossible to win more than 1 in 10 fights, so unless your in a pre-set group your not going to win, which is a shame, because I can see how it would be a lot of fun in a well matched fight.
  68. Nov 1, 2013
    Garbage MM system
    Garbage report system
    Lot of bugs
    This is a game made by a company who doesnt even care about their community.
    No events, lots of items.
  69. Nov 1, 2013
    Getf your ass valve and create content for your most popular game not another dollar will be spent untill I see some content Diretide was an annual even u even said so and gone and it up. Your one of the biggest gaming developers hire some people and get to work.
  70. Nov 1, 2013
    I reallly enjoyed this game But after the game was officially release. Valve has shown they made enough money off people like me buying keys in the beta. Now they have completely forsaken us F*CK YOU VALVE F%CK YOU DOTA DEVS.

YOU CAN'T JUST IGNORE THE PEOPLE WHO GIVE YOU MONEY!
  71. Nov 1, 2013
    Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE༼ Give DIRETIDE
  72. Nov 1, 2013
    Im disappointed, Valve has failed us. Give Diretide or something better tenfold later. And im one of the people who has supported the game for years and put in plenty of my money in it, and i also own other Valve games.
  73. Nov 1, 2013
    bad
    just terrible
    dont play this garbage
    bad
    just terrible
    dont play this garbage
    bad
    just terrible
  74. Nov 1, 2013
    Worst pr ever in video game industry. The game may be f2p,but playing the game feels like becoming a slave of Valve. Here's why:

1. Players customers do not deserve to have any information. No twit, no forum post, no facebook post, no blog... nothing. Wait and if Valve wanna give you something; otherwise off. 2. Update priorities always based on hats. Heroes release date determined

2. Update priorities always based on hats. Heroes release date determined by hats. If hats not ready, won't release new hero. Furthermore, for the past 3 months, except for 1 balancing patch, all updates were about hats.

3. Bug is good for Valve so why fix it?

4. No ladder, bad mmr system, no players rating, wins rate hidden...

Gratz Valve you manage to surpass EA as the worst company in US.
  75. Nov 2, 2013
    Thanks for Diretide 2013
    Year Event expectations and they did not even bother to write anything, delete that game
  76. Nov 1, 2013
    give diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegivegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretidegive diretide Expand
  77. Mar 11, 2014
    This game destroyed my friends and killed my entire family. **** this game yeah **** it lol asdgaigrjseriugdfignsdjifgnsdjifsdfgsdfgjsdofijgsiodfj sdfgoijsdfosjidfiogjioj sdfoigjdfg gifjty
  78. Nov 2, 2013
    matchmaking that doesnt work.
    Report system that is working completely one-sided.
    No visible ranking. No diretide. SUCK DICK VOLOV PS: GIVE DIRE TIDE GIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE
    matchmaking that doesnt work.
    Report system that is working completely one-sided.
    No visible ranking.
    No diretide.

SUCK DICK VOLOV

PS: GIVE DIRE TIDE
    GIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDEGIVE DIRE TIDE
  79. Nov 2, 2013
    NO Normal matchmaking system
    New updates is new sets and tickets.
    MORE TICKETS AND HATS
    MORE! MORE TICKETS AND HATS! MORE!
  80. Nov 2, 2013
    No region locks.
    Time-consuming pointless game, with a toxic community.
    It's not fun, it won't lead you anywhere, it'll try to make you addicted to it and ever-miserable for being so.
    Nothing to see here except vanity.
  81. Nov 4, 2013
    "Dota 2" by Valve:

+ "DotA" legacy... - Bad matchmaking system for solo players. - Bugs. - Lags. - Bad balance. - Hidden profiles. - No advanced statistics. - Cartoon graphics. - Terrible patch 6.79. - No useful updates. - Too aggressive community. - No in-game support. - No events. - No media content. - Terribly buggy torrent-browser Steam. - Too many gift boxes! -
    "Dota 2" by Valve:

+ "DotA" legacy...

- Bad matchmaking system for solo players.
    - Bugs.
    - Lags.
    - Bad balance.
    - Hidden profiles.
    - No advanced statistics.
    - Cartoon graphics.
    - Terrible patch 6.79.
    - No useful updates.
    - Too aggressive community.
    - No in-game support.
    - No events.
    - No media content.
    - Terribly buggy torrent-browser Steam.
    - Too many gift boxes!
    - Too many hats!
    - Too many donate things!
    - And OTHER many many many bad things...

Very sad, but now the "Dota 2" looks like a game created only for receiving money players.
    Good Job, VOLVO. Next month i will play "League of LEXUS" and "Heroes of NISSAN"!!
  82. Nov 2, 2013
    No DIRETIDE.

Even every s**tty game has its own Halloween event. Game companies try to satisfy game fans, adding new or remodelled things into a game, and players are happy bcs of fun. I bet they will add tons of new hats soon. I have never cared, but now... Gtfo with hats. AND. I have played dota 2 for more than 1050 hours it´s an awesome game. But actually, no diretide no love
    No DIRETIDE.

AND. I have played dota 2 for more than 1050 hours it´s an awesome game. But actually, no diretide no love for you volvo and your car called doto.
  83. Nov 2, 2013
    thanks for halloween No Diretide very bad
    Disband Volvo please.
    Being a big fan of DotA 1 for so many years, I have to downvote this.ewrwfdfsafasfdsa
  84. Nov 2, 2013
    un juego de mierda, no existe el balance, al parecer a valve no le importa la experiencia que tienen sus jugadores, nisiquiera hubieron eventos de halloween.
  85. Nov 2, 2013
    Only the graphics are good, the SLOW animations, and heroes that seem to be desing with no balance in mind ruin the game.
    You will often find people complaining about heroes, they may be balanced in the numbers but there are many skills that are mechanically OP, like traveling the whole map to hit someone and then lock them in stuns with a RGN stun ability.
    Huge lack of balance while in
    Huge lack of balance while in other mobas you can only find maybe 1 or 2 OP characters that are then rebalanced.
  86. Nov 2, 2013
    Where is my Diretide, Volvo? Where new heroes? Why so many useless sets and items?
    I waited a long time Halloween in Dota 2 and what I got in the end? Few sets and tickets!!!
    Good job Volvo, good job!
  87. Nov 3, 2013
    The community in this game is horrible, and as an multiplayer game, that ruins pretty much the whole game. Everyone is at odds with each other, on their own team, and making the smallest mistakes causes everyone else on the team to come down on you like a stack of bricks. But not just that. Its matchmaking system is flawed and obtuse. There is no transparency in the rankings at all. TheThe community in this game is horrible, and as an multiplayer game, that ruins pretty much the whole game. Everyone is at odds with each other, on their own team, and making the smallest mistakes causes everyone else on the team to come down on you like a stack of bricks. But not just that. Its matchmaking system is flawed and obtuse. There is no transparency in the rankings at all. The connection is horrible. If you disconnect, chances are that you won't be able to join the game again. If you do, you'll be so far behind that it isn't fun anymore. All the updates for this game fix none of the problems, instead, what does the developer do?

The developer just releases cosmetics patches to milk more money from this game. It's not getting better. Don't play this game, don't try it, and don't touch anything by Valve ever again. If you want to play a MOBA, there are plenty of better choices out there.
  88. Nov 3, 2013
    First off you'll be finding a match for 10-20 min then when you find it it's 70 russian players feeding & quitting. Played the game for 50 hours but it's not as good as League of legends Game looks ugly Mechanics are old and wtf is up with turning it takes like ages to turn Also hero balance is up the ass
  89. Nov 3, 2013
    The game developers have left the game. If you think im complaining about diretide, im not. Im still disappointed though Their devs never read our threads on the forums, they just opened it so that their website looks professional. All they do to the game is update new store items, as if they havent got enough from the TI3. 3 freaking million to them. We asked for 2 heros, i bet monthsThe game developers have left the game. If you think im complaining about diretide, im not. Im still disappointed though Their devs never read our threads on the forums, they just opened it so that their website looks professional. All they do to the game is update new store items, as if they havent got enough from the TI3. 3 freaking million to them. We asked for 2 heros, i bet months ago, they aint do Havent done anything to the game since TI3, all they made was a ****ty team controller which doesnt even looks good, their pads looks like it could break apart anyday. One poitn i wanna mention is that their community sucks, aint reply All they want is money. THEY JUST WANT THE MONEY. so dont even bother playing this game. Expand
  90. Nov 3, 2013
    Time-consuming pointless game, with a toxic community.
    Nothing to see here except vanity.
  91. Nov 3, 2013
    No diretide, no fun
    All they want is more money
    more money
    **** dota 2, go back to warcraft dota 2 if you want to play it

Current status of Dota is bad.

GIVE DIRETIDE
  92. Nov 3, 2013
    Terrible matchmaking, no ladders, no region lock, additional cosmetics for the same heroes. Missing a few characters like Techies, Terror Blade, Phoenix, Xin etc.
  93. Nov 3, 2013
    The game is great, the community is the single worst community of games i have ever met, because this game is team based it ruins the game, on top of this the lack of seasonal events that have been promised that have not happens letting down many players of this game, making us further think that valve do not listen to what the people want and are more interested in making hats.
  94. Nov 5, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Dota 2 is a pretty good game, but does not balance. It is practically just about to pick better things therefore discourages beginners. Also in the game pile of game elements, but there isn´t good instruction which severely impairs comprehension. Expand
  95. Nov 6, 2013
    Poor implementation, nasty community and generally rather slow paced. I wanted to try this as i loved DOTA 1 and have played a lot of MOBA since but actually it is palid by comparison to LoL and the main thing is Its Just Not Fun!!. My advice is go with LoL
  96. Nov 8, 2013
    What is Dota 2?Dota 2 is crappy matchmaking,horrible community,no communication from developers,no updats,hats and more hats.This game used to be updated every week,the developers used to communicate with the community but now its only hats and no communication.
  97. Nov 20, 2013
    A game with fantastic graphic and sound assets ruined by the multiplayer portion of the game. The single player training missions and Valve's commitment to keeping the game alive are the only saving graces of this free to play game.

The main part of the game is multiplayer. While Valve have exceeded in delivering great multiplayer experiences in their past games, they've truly dropped dropped the ball in Dota 2. It's a team based game but it's an extremely rare occurrence for you and your team to even speak the same language or even reside on the same continent. With the size of the playerbase of Dota 2, that isn't something that can be overlooked.

In this type of game, the entire experience is dependent on team communication. And it's all bad. 95% of communication in this game is namecalling and "report" threats. I thought Counter Strike had the worst community of any multiplayer-centric game until I played Dota 2.

There are tools to get over the language barriers, but that's not the biggest problem. It's the matchmaking. Every game I've played so far has been a white wash for my team or the opponents. People call "GG" after first blood and games rarely last longer than 30 minutes. Since there's almost no penalty for leaving a game, many people abandon and the whole game becomes a waste of time.

As for actual game mechanics, I don't have any praise for those either. Ability descriptions are inconsistent, NPC AI is inconsistent, items are inconsistent, even the hero naming scheme is inconsistent. It feels like a good idea for a game bogged down by engine limitations and poor foresight from the designers. The tutorials explain a little about the game, but players are expected to know almost every ability and item before playing online which is an almost impossible feat without player coaching.

I can't recommend this game to anyone unless they love tower defence and they're playing it offline with bots.
  98. Dec 3, 2013
    Metascore 90?!!!! Who are the those metacritics? I don't lknow. Prob suck-balls-nerds. Dota 2 sucks ass. After the patch #6.79 I deleted this Valve sucks ass. You are all stupid if you are still playing this sucked--from-ass-****.
  99. Jan 8, 2014
    I gave this game a chance, I really did. I've given all these cookie-cutter MOBAs more of a chance than they deserve and I'm done. I don't see how anyone can enjoy playing this river of yet it's extremely popular?
  100. Nov 14, 2013

1. Feb 19, 2014
    Simply irresistible and addictive as hell.
  2. Sep 1, 2013
  3. Aug 30, 2013
    A great PvP game that offers some of the most intriguing and nuanced team combat around.