6.4

1. Aug 21, 2013
    I can see why people enjoy it, but its not without its flaws. For a start, the learning curve is pretty aggressive, and sadly when you play, prepare to be matched up with really good players who will stomp you to death. More needs to be done in order to ease new players in. LoL is of course its direct competition, and I would say LoL does a better job at handling new players. At a higher level I have no idea as I was bored of the game pretty quickly. If your not into MOBA I guess this will not change your mind. Expand
  2. Aug 30, 2013
    A very competitive game, and a very tactical one is the only way i can describe this game. And to me that is a good thing. Above all else, it feels great to win a game against a good team.
  3. Sep 10, 2013
    Way better than LOL in any way, completely stopped playing lol and called my friends to dota! it doesnt have trolls, its not pay 2 win like league, its just amazing
  4. Sep 12, 2013
    The game is quite fun for a few games every 100 games played, the problem is the matchmaking is terrible.
    Playing with people who don't speak your language and have 450 pings makes for a bad game.
    The game needs a ladder or some form of progression, the games feels shallow unless you're in a pro team, then it has lots of support.
    dota often has 7x less spectators than league of legends
    that says a lot.
    most people in dota have 4-5 accounts for trading and queue skipping, this makes the game look bigger than it is. Theirs only 10% of people logged in who are actually playing in game, most idle in chat or trading.
    The best thing about dota is the graphics are great so i do hope dota wins but they need to support the casual community.
  5. Sep 21, 2013
    This game get's old really fast. The objectives are linear and boring. When I play a strategy game I usually favorite skirmishes, this game has skirmishes[kind of], but I wouldn't recommend anyone to play them. The A.I. is stupid and does not support the major areas that get attacked. Also, half of the team goes to one corner of the map, while the other goes to the other corner. Yeah, not much to play in here. Expand
  6. Oct 16, 2013
    For the 7 hours I played it, I really enjoyed it. It is very well balanced, meaning that a very casual gamer like me still has a chance against a die hard PVP fan, which is always the first thing I search for in a game.
    I also like the 4on4 aspect of the game-not too much, not too little, just enough for 1 person in each lane and a "hunter" as I call it.
    Would easily recommend, as I have
    done previously. Expand
  7. Nov 2, 2013
    No bugfixes, only hats Naix and Weaver still too much overpowered. No communication, only hats. Game abandoned its safe to leave. GG Volvo, now you can have vacation even longer.
  8. Nov 2, 2013
    It is not the communities fault, it is the match makings fault that puts all type of skill levels together and combine that with the force 50% win/loss ratio...you're going to have a bad time.
  9. Nov 2, 2013
    NO Diretide
    NO New Hero
    NO Updates
    NO Normal matchmaking system
  10. Nov 4, 2013
    Fantastic game. Although it's not one of my most played titles, it is a very put together game that can offer a lot of fun. Ignore the negative reviews from users, they represent the underbelly of the DOTA fan base, the childlike players who believe that Valve owes them something. 10/10
  11. Nov 5, 2013
    Give DIRETIDE

A game this big... with this amount of players...
    It's just impossible to not do a Halloween event.
    Every single comparable game does have a Halloween event...
    I just fail to see how it is possible for this to happen.
    Volvo should really fix this problem.
  12. Nov 6, 2013
    Played the game for about 400 hours and here's my review. Well,let's start from the pros first - The HUD has improved,you don't have to click on the NPCs to view shop items anymore.There are also suggested items for every hero. - In the old Dota if you were a beginner you could get killed without even noticing,but on the new one when you get hit you got the red effect on the screen,also the hero health bars look different so you can figure out stuff easier.

Cons

- The matchmaking system must be fixed.You can have 1 hour of gameplay and suddenly end up with 2 or 3 pros on the other team which obviously isn't fair.

- Even though you choose to play in european servers there are bunch of Russians (not racist) who don't speak English .Those who do speak English tend to be offensive against everyone and refuse to cooperate.

- Though the buy-able cosmetics do not give any advantage to the player,it's a big problem for other players who just don't care about them and don't want them.That's because they have to download 7gbs of useless models.I'm pretty sure that the game itself isn't even 5gb.

Tip Find some people to play with if you're not patient.Otherwise you'll be wasting your time.
  13. Nov 9, 2013
    Dota 2 is a great game that will give you a great sense of reward and accomplishment if you sink enough time and effort into it. It will do this, not by giving you stars and medals whenever you get something done correctly, but by giving you experience in every match you play that you can then put to use in every subsequent match: DIRECT experience that you will be able to employ on your own terms. Calling it a skill-based game is almost something of an understatement. Dota 2 is about "growing up" alongside all the mechanics it provides. There will never be an aspect of the game that you will have truly mastered at 100% and even if you are somehow able to, there will be uncountable other details and lessons you can learn to understand even better. It's learning, it's having fun, it's experimenting, it's getting rewarded for your efforts.

This is a truly immortal game that you'll never sink enough hours into.

Thank you, Valve.
  14. Nov 8, 2013
    We have Diretide!We have Diretide!We have Diretide!We have Diretide!We have Diretide!We have Diretide!We have Diretide!We have Diretide!We have Diretide!We have Diretide!We have Diretide!We have Diretide!We have Diretide!We have Diretide!We have Diretide!We have Diretide!We have Diretide!We have Diretide!We have Diretide!We have Diretide!We have Diretide!We have Diretide!We have Diretide!We have Diretide!We have Diretide!We have Diretide!We have Diretide!We have Diretide! Expand
  15. Nov 8, 2013
    This game is the best game on the MOBAS genre, it's really complex but it's worth the time, and I'm saying this as someone with 2400 hrs ingame (without counting wc3 dota, tried other mobas as LoL and HoN, but they are just not the same)
  16. Nov 8, 2013
    Dota 2 is clearly the best MOBA in its league. As a true free-to-play game (unlike League of Legends), Dota 2 rewards dedication with stunning and captivating gameplay and teamwork. Valve continues to be one of the best game-developing companies.
  17. Nov 9, 2013
    The low rating is not deserved. Some children got buttfrustrated that Valve didn't give them an event that has only happened, what, twice before this? It is an amazing action RPG.
  18. Nov 9, 2013
    Just balancing out the score for all the "BOOHOO NO DIRETIDE" wimps. This game is great, sadly some of the people who play it... not so much. The game is certainly worth learning and getting good at, as it never really gets old.
  19. Nov 14, 2013
    I think that over thousand hours of game-play speaks for itself! Just the best of its kind out there! Just a brilliant job all over! Will be enjoying my next thousand hours!
  20. Nov 15, 2013
    Addictive game, ruined by a community of complete Most of them would read my comment thinking I'm a noob, which I'm not so just proves my point.... Very hard to find a pleasant game were there isn't someone abusing someone on either team.
  21. Nov 27, 2013
    The game is too hard and the tutorials doesn't explain 1 tenth of if. It is unnecessary complicated at times. The graphics give me a headache. Really bad game overall
  22. Dec 4, 2013
    One of the most overrated game of all time, it is not really good, a big learning curve, graphics, a stupid item system, and you need to have steam to play it. What a piece of
  23. Dec 10, 2013
    I easily gave this game a 8/10. Dota 2 is an amazement to have. I've played it since the beta and still find people better than me, which provides an ever-lasting challenge. I have yet to spend any money on it, but i do enjoy how it's free to play and the items you can buy doesn't make you any better or worse. Dota 2 is based on skill and teamwork, which is hard to find in games these days. I recommend playing it on Steam some time. Expand
  24. Dec 15, 2013
    Dota 2 is definitely a good game although it is not for anyone who is just starting out and definitely I would not recommend it to anyone who is new to the genre. The reason i have given it such a low score is that it is not new player friendly, after playing around 10 games being paired with people with such a wide range of skill levels I feel the matchmaking needs an improvement and even though i prefer LoL I understand that a game like DOTA 2 takes time to learn how to play but unfortunately not everyone can tolerate being beaten for the first 5-10 games. Expand
  25. Dec 26, 2013
    Great game that is completely spoiled by the worst period ever period player community. If you play it with your friends in a full party, you will enjoy the game, otherwise you can expect serious headaches, unless you're mentally bulletproof. Any effort from Valve to solve this issue so far has led only to horrible brain-dead implementations of punishments like: player muting thus disallowing people to communicate in a game that is based on communication etc. leading to even more frustration.

As a competitive game it lacks any real competitive interface/environment you can't see other player ranks you're teamed up with for example if they mark them as private (what 90 percents of players do). The matchmaking is not really working well, you often get games you loose horribly or opposite, usually only based on the system if you lost many games, you probably will win the next one because mm will pair you against total idiots and opposite.

Overall if you like competitive games and have friends to play it with give it a go, you most likely won't regret it. If you're solo and don't have strong nerves, its better to move along to another title.
  26. Feb 5, 2014
    Dota 2 is strictly competitive MOBA and it is not easy to learn. Pros: - Dota 2 is absolutely free - There are a lot of tournaments played on this game - Great roster of heroes - Deep item builds and team strategies - High replayability Cons: - Hard to learn - Has TF2 hat virus - New heroes are often promised to get released yet it takes a lot if time to release them. - A lot of ragequitters that ruin the game.

I gave this game 8 our of 10 because this game is not perfect but still a great game nontheless!
  27. Mar 18, 2014
    While Dota 2 is a fundamentally good game, it has its share of issues. The most notable of these is its absolutely horrible community -- possibly one of the worst I've ever encountered. However, it would be wrong to let the players impact the actual game's score. The REAL issue with Dota 2, though, is its overwhelming complexity. There are 112 heroes at the time of writing (107 playable), and each has a minimum of four skills. This means that there are more than 448 skills which you need to memorize the function of just so you won't be at a disadvantage when facing off against someone using them. Then you have to get a grasp of the highly complex mechanics, and various strategies that take a long time to learn. There are also over 100 items in the store, the purchasing of which varies from one hero and situation to the next. Again, Dota 2 is simply too complicated for its own good. I shouldn't have to read a freakin' textbook just to play a game! Expand
  28. Apr 24, 2014
    This game ruined my life! Very addictive and irresistible. Been playing dota for 10 years now and dota 2 just made it more great. The graphics, the art style, pvp matching actions, and more just made it more great . I quit several times but still I keep coming back. There's something in this game that keeps us coming back and get more hyped. I recommend it to every hardcore gamers out there.
  29. Jul 21, 2014
    A great strategy & skill & reflex game with many heroes and abilities. However the worthless community nearly destructs everything. I can only recommend this game if you have thick skin or you have friends to play with. Otherwise you'll become someone who becomes angry while playing rather than having fun and you'll do it while becoming racist against Russians & Spanish speaking people.
  30. Aug 17, 2014
    This game's community is really bad. Every match they have at least 5 Russians and they don't speak English. Plus this game is very addictive that my brother forgot about his real life.
  31. Aug 30, 2014
    Dota 2 is based on team work so don`t complain about the comunity , you play with friends not random players if you want to enjoy the game.The only way the random players matches get beter is if valve do a paid ranked matches system or if the game wasn`t f2p. The main problem of this game is the gameplay balance once a team has 50% more kills the level and the items are to advance so the only way to win is if they atack 1 by 1 or your team has a numeric advantage for 5 vs 5 they will allways win with 3 players alive so the xp or money system needs balance. Also the money system needs to allow to store the gold in your spawn or send it via courier. As for hero balance there are some overpowered ones and you can lose the game just by picking the wrong hero so that to my is not competitve because you can`t pick a hero in use by other player , the game shoud allow players to pick any hero . The ranking system is very permissive to leavears and often if you play with random players 2-3 are leavears and you are force to play 2 vs 5 or 3 vs 5 , that is not fair and shoud not be scored also the leavers punish by 1 weak to 4 weak bans. Expand
  32. Jul 14, 2013
    DotA2 is very much a mixed bag. They did a fairly good port regarding graphics, aesthetics and general feeling of DotA1 is in there. The game is wonderful when you get into a good game, with opponents and team mates equal of your skill. However, the game is a horrible experience when you don't. And that's the main problem of DotA2. This game has almost 0 infrastructure to support it, to get you into those good games.

The most important part, the matchmaking, is utterly horrible and doesn't deliver. Also its is so non-transparent that its impossible to know anything about your game before hand. Valve doesn't seem to care about this which is very problematic. Because without a good drafting the MOBA genre is a horrible experience which degenerates quickly into a flame fest stomp which just sucks.

Also it lacks ranked play and a way to distinguish they players who are out for a casual experience or others that want a competitive approach to DotA. Putting these two types of play styles together always results in a flame fest. Valve has not solved this. And the flame fest is probably what will alienate new players from the game genre. Valve hasn't put in a adequate system to handle this. The report system they have installed is rather used to report bad play than flame fest which, of course, further will alienate new players.

So my conclusion is: Great gameplay when it works but the disastrous matchmaking and drafting severely maims this game. 4/10. Free to play, so try it... but don't expect a great experience.
  33. Jul 15, 2013
    The first time I played Dota 2, The opposing team did not show us any mercy, and I loved every second of it. This game is so addicting and fun, I didnt even care about winning or losing. Great characters, Epic Gameplay TeamWork Wide range of Options and all out fun are all available in Dota 2. A must Have
  34. Jul 16, 2013
    Let me get it out straight away DotA 2 is probably the most fun and satisfaction I got in a multiplayer game.

I'll just list everything great about this game:

the aesthetics are great, the art and the graphics are gorgeous, the competition feel is big. The replay-ability of the game is infinite.

Most importantly it's free, so just install Steam and install it as soon as possible.
  35. FBF
    Jul 16, 2013
    Pros:

- seemingly infinite strategical aspects (!)
    - complex gameplay and mechanics
    - a thriving, international competitive scene
    - free to play
    - never gets boring (Really. I've been playing Dota 2 and it's precursor for 5-6 years now.)

Cons:

- steep learning curve
    - as in every multiplayer game, some people you encounter can be rude
  36. Jul 17, 2013
    The game itself is fantastic and should receive a score of 9/10 or even 10/10. On the other hand, there are several other aspects that are highly detrimental to the overall experience.

- Broken matchmaking system. You can queue a long time (5-10 minutes after a couple of declines/failed loading/game dodging) and you are rewarded a match that is completely imbalanced. Short queue time
    should mean more balanced matchmaking, but you'd be hard pressed to see the difference. Enjoy the frustration levels go through the roof as you can easily play for several hours without winning a single match. Matchmaking is broken even further because of battalions of smurf accounts and matchmaking system fails to evaluate these accounts properly. After wasting 30-45 minutes of your life in a match that was impossible to win in the first place, don't think it's over yet as you will most likely get fountain camped. And there you are, basically held as a hostage in the game unless you want low priority queue because of abandoning the game.

- There is no ladder nor any skill rating except for high and very high matchmaking pseudo-brackets. Makes sense, because the matchmaking works so poorly.

- The player community is one of the worst out there. In EU servers despite English language selection, you will frequently get players from Eastern Europe and Russia that spam the chat with their own language. Even if there are no language problems prepare to get scapegoated, called names and reported for ridiculous reasons if someone else in your team thinks you did something wrong.

- To combat armies of trolls there is a senseless reporting system with forced mutes and low priority queues. Every player has two reports available every week, and considering quality of the community, you're probably out of reports in a day or two. You get the worst of both worlds, not being able to report enough of the misbehaving players and on the other hand you can reported and punished without a valid reason. There are commendations too, but they don't mean anything.

- Instead of improving the essential game content, Valve rather concentrates on making new hats. Just kidding, they don't even make the cosmetics themselves.
  37. Jul 17, 2013
    Awesome game, if you are new to the genre just practice a lot, its hard at the start just try to reach the point where you enjoy the game even if you lose

PD: if you have emotional disorder, dont play this game
  38. Jul 17, 2013
    Best moba so far, perfect hero balancement, complex mechanics nice graphics and no pay to win, only needs matchmaking improvement.
    This game improved a lot since the first version.
  39. Jul 20, 2013
    Can be a little rough for starters. But, the time you would put into learning from the tutorial system or youtube videos would be well worth it. You can check Purgegamers for gameplays which is what helped me learn this awesome game.
  40. Jul 20, 2013
    Only authentic FREE TO PLAY GAME in the whole Internet. That's pretty awesome. The ONE AND ONLY GAME that's doesn't give any advantage to expenders. Only CON, it's very addictive.
  41. Nov 10, 2013
    Just a fun fact about the rating system, 90% of these negative reviews recently have stemmed from a pile of whiny entitled gamers who had a holiday event cancelled (eventually turned out to just be a delay), so effectively add about 2-3 points to the score, and subtract about 2500 negative reviews (mainly the 0s) from consideration.
  42. Jul 21, 2013
    I like some of the graphics, but other parts are too dark, too murky and make it impossible to see what is going on. Some of the character art is amazing, but some is just bad for no reason. The shop system is too complex and should have been much improved from DOTA.
  43. Jul 22, 2013
    best game ever, balanced heroes, no pay to win all you pay for is cosmetics, not only this but games are exhilterating and isnt about farming

it blows crappy league of legends out of the water
  44. Aug 7, 2013
    A colossal time-sink which gets better with time. Unlike most mobas nowadays DotA2 has a difficult learning curve and that scares most people off, which is tottaly understandable. But if you spend the time to learn the game you will be truly amazed by all the things that happen in a signle team fight and that you did not notice them before.
    Besides the games graphic are extremly polished
    and Valve updates the game frequently. Oh yeah, and it's free to play. What more could you want? Expand
  45. Aug 12, 2013
    Fantastic controls, graphics, and gameplay. One of the best PvP games I've ever played and a LARGE improvement to the first Dota. Valve honestly couldn't have done any better.
  46. Nov 9, 2013
    Dota 2 deserves its old rating, before this diretide yay go back up Dota 2 deserves its old rating, before this diretide yay go back up! Dota 2 deserves its old rating, before this diretide yay go back up!
  47. Aug 22, 2013
    This game is so much fun, you could almost forget about it being an e-sport game. Which means, that you have to deal with other gamers, and gamers in competitive games that are based on teams and therefor teamwork tend to try very hard to ruin every single game by ruining it, ignoring the fact that one team has to lose. E-sport games have that giant flaw, that people have to act like robots, doing certain things on certain timings, being on certain spots. Like every other sport, you can't afford to act chaotic, or just for the fun of it. When you find a game where people don't mind those things, count yourself lucky. I'll still give it a 8, because it leaves enough room to develop your "hero" in a way you prefer him/her. Expand
  48. Aug 22, 2013
    DOTA 2 is a fantastic game, picking up on everything made the original Warcraft mod a star. It's deep, competitive, and polished. Guaranteed to provide you with thousands of hours of play.
  49. Aug 23, 2013
    Dota 2 is a very fun multiplayer game. It's only drawbacks are the steep learning curve and awful community. Play it enough though, and you'll feel like a pro.
  50. Aug 28, 2013
    This is my first MOBA and I have to say it's pretty fun. The community can be a little harsh if you're part of "Facebook culture" and not used to the Wild West-y parts of the internet, but if you have a thick skin and learn fast it can be really fun. Those who are comfortable with a little trash talk will be fine.

It's a cash shop F2P with absolutely no pay to win. What's not to love
    about that?

Seems a little imbalanced, but that's the kind of thing that can be fixed.
  51. Sep 1, 2013
    At first I was kind of sceptical. Normally, I really don't like MOBAs like LoL or HoN. But then I discovered Dota. The game itself is REALLY hard for beginners. But don't let that discourage you! It is really worth learning everything, though it might take more than 50-100 in-game-hours to fully comprehend the most of what you should do. You can always learn something new in the game, but the beginners might be a little confused.

The game itself has some things which are considered bugs but actually are intentional mechanics (such as the Pudge-Fountain hook with Chen) but if there is a bug Dota mostly tries to fix it as soon as possible.

The characters over all are MOSTLY balanced. Though there are, in my opinion, some characters that are easier than others, which makes them seem totally op if you play decent, and others not even close to good if you play them like a professional. While I say this I am thinking about Spirit Breaker, Sniper or a well played Pudge. These are the only characters they really should nerf, because you can't do ANYTHING if pudge lands a hook, spirit charges you or sniper perma-stuns you with headshot. Besides that I like the balancing a lot.

If you come to the community this game really shows it's downside. People are complete a**holes when it comes to small things like picking or laning. If they see 3 hard carrys picked they are going to pick a 4th one instead of a much needed support. This also screws up the lanes and a lot of people don't listen to more experienced players when it comes to laning or small things like mechanics. The report buttons are not even close to be enough. There is report-button for quitters, trolling or people who simply just don't listen to people who have more experience then them. It really sucks not to be able to report someone like this.

Another thing I want to talk about are russians. I have no Idea what a russian is supposed to do on an english west-europe server but they are still there and it sucks. They will, no matter what you tell them, do exactly what they want, don't speak english at all, even though you searched for the english language-preference and they will ruin your game big time. And this holds to be true for about 97,2% of the russians you meet in dota.

The communication with the team is overall quite okay, most people will react if you tell them something or suggest what you could do next. Of chourse, it happens from time to time that they won't even listen to you, but that is rarely the chase.

But my overall impressions after over 400 hours of playing: I love this game. If you play with 4 friends you won't have the problem that you have to deal with russians or idiots. This makes the game a lot cooler. Beginners might have trouble but it is really worth checking out, and I say that though I don't like MOBAs, so this really means something.
  52. Sep 2, 2013
    gameplay wise..this game does beat out other MOBA in the general 5v5 terms. However it doesnt expand beyond this and the matchmaking system..since the beta release has seen 0 improvement. It takes about 3 minutes to find a game and usally find yourself paired with heavily unbalanced teams that usually results in a one sided facerolling. Overall still fun but the matchmaking ...has seen no attention from Valve nor do they seem to be willing to devote attention to it Expand
  53. Sep 4, 2013
    First of all, I want to say to you guys, that MOBA is not new genre to me. I played League of legends like 2 years, Heroes of newerth like 1 year and few times original dota.

Dota 2 is lilttle bitt different if we compare to other MOBAS, there is alot more things you can do. Like courier system, you can hide woods (not like in LoL), you can cut woods down to make yourself good escape,
    secret shops, rune spawns etc.

Game is very friendly for players who havent played before MOBAS, there is long training before you can go and play against other players (For me it took like 40mins, after that you can continue or skip straight to play with other players)

Anyway, since its more new player friendly there is problems. First of all, Ive been playing alot MOBAS and im pretty good in those. Problem is that game is pretty full of casual gamers, who actually dont use brains even people who haves like 500+ wins, may be pretty bad players.

Lets talk now little bit about good things. In dota 2 waiting lines are not big and also you can choose region near your country there is alot options.

You can also buy new items to your heroes to make it look more unique, you can use items from different sets. In League of legends and Heroes of newerth you can buy "skins" and you cannot took gloves from skin X and boots from skin Y.

You are also able to buy several different ancouncer voices, ward skins, HUD skins and couriers.

Next lets move to settings. There is not much resolution options, but you can modify pretty extensively other settings. I hope valve is going to make more resolution optison in future.

Gameplay in dota 2 is pretty intensive and few heroes are able to use terrain very advantageous, which is cool. Most of heroes are aldready known from original dota version.

Last but not least, I want to talk about gaming community. First of all you are able to make teams and play with your friends. You can also make guilds, which havent that big role in dota 2. There is alot people in dota 2, who dont communicate in game and that is such a shame mostly it leads to lose. Of course there is people who communicate aswell, but I have had always bad luck with teams...

I prefer this game for people who look more "hardcore" way to play MOBAS and for those, who are bored to LoL, HoN etc.
  54. Sep 5, 2013
    One of the most famous MOBA Dota has a second version created by Steam only. Though as a Dota player for as long as I can recall, Dota has been awsome.Though Dota 2 is same there are many defects. Though you guys need to be patient, all the heroes will come out soon inlcuding steams original design for heroes. But sadly, playing Dota 2 frequently or if you have not played Dota means that you are one of the new noobs amongst everyone else who are not sure of how to play. If you want to be a pro i recommend getting Dota and practising with insane bots or getting Garena. It is also completely free. Almost no payments required accept for skins. It is still a more competitive game than LoL and HotN. It almost never gets boring, Though if your after a game with good graphics and not gameplay i suggest something else. What NaaR is talking about is LoL.And i must say Dota 2's waiting time is way better than LoL. It does deliver very frequently, but yes the fun part is that the suprise of know who is going to play with your or against you, nobody knows but sadly you cant check others ping. A flame fest can start but it depends actually. Its just a luck. But i think the new compendium match is a way to play against those who are competitive. And at least you do not draw the same hero as the opponent team. There is a counteract for each hero in the game unlike LoL where if 1 hero has been made a slight bit easier to play, they will nerf it to the extent that you can no longer stand playing. And unlike LoL there is no mastery or runes and stuff making everyone equal, it just depends whether they know how to play or not.Though for NaaR i recommend LoL on garena servers not american servers.
    Though despite what I have said, For about 6-8 years of playing Dota I have not found such a big a issue.
  55. Sep 5, 2013
    Okay, If you like DOTA 2, that's fine...If you like MOBA games, that's fine. If you like FREE MOBA games with a lot of characters with many different play styles, That is absolutely fine. But the second you try to defend the multiplayers community, then we need to start having a serious chat!! Now I do own a copy of DOTA 2 and I do enjoy bot matches as 'Venomancer' and I do OK on harder difficulties. I decided to go over to multiplayer one time and I ended up 0-2. The hate I got that game was horrific. I thought this was just a one off so I tried another match, I ended up not killing or getting killed for a while, and the comments started coming again, and again, and again, and again... This game to put it easily is a 2-sided coin. On one hand the game can be enjoyable if you find a character you can use effectively, however the community is honestly the worst gaming community I ever had the utter misfortune of playing with or being part of, if your not perfect instantly you will be hated. I'd say since the game is free, it's worth the price for the offline mode but that's it Expand
  56. Sep 22, 2013
    Dota 2 have all you need from a free to play for 1000 hours of fun. How many game can entertain you for thousands of hours with only 1 map? I choosed 9 instead of 10 point because there is no real control for bad players and the matchmaking is very slow.
  57. Feb 17, 2014
    Constant updates. Financial model which does not effect gameplay. Initial learning curve is quite steep but there are customizable lobbies and co op bot matches to hone your skills. The one point off i gave because nothing is ever perfect. Any gripes you hear about the community is testimony to humanity, and not this game. I continue to meet many kind, helpful and hilarious players who i now play with on a regular basis. Expand
  58. Sep 28, 2013
    This game is extremely addictive and can be even more fun if in a party of people. Teams really make the game the best and the more you play, the better you are as the character. enjoy sitting down and spending an hour or two playing this game.
  59. Oct 4, 2013
    if kings could've played dota2 instead of chess, they probably would have. this game will please everyone, who is keen on learning how to compete in the 21st century. it's the vast number of options and possibilities that gets you every time, and a great sensation of satisfaction while you're on your way of improving just the smallest notions from game to game. lol and hon can go home and smack their heads with couchens, the dota legacy is the real deal, hands down. Expand
  60. Oct 5, 2013
    This is a great RPG/strategy game. In one hour you can have the satisfaction of hacking and slashing, leveling up, buying items, fighting bosses (other players) and beating the game. All in all a very satisfying experience, Though the learning curve can be a little steep, depending upon how deep you want to delve into this game. It gets deep!
  61. Oct 11, 2013
    I love the original DOTA because the campaign was great and lots of mods. DOTA 2's graphic is better,though. But the community was the worst nightmare for newbies or even the pros.
  62. Oct 27, 2013
    Best free-to-play to date. This game is the very best of team-playing pvp games. Unlike other similar moba's, this one has a great pay-module, where you only pay for cosmetics; AND the cosmetics are minor details (actually quite cool), so you recognize the hero you are fighting against. This game has the depth of Heroes of Newerth, but at a steadier phase, making it more accessible to newcomers, yet still rewarding to veterans. Great game, 10/10 Expand
  63. Nov 1, 2013
    Dota i mean original wc3 was greatest game because of its gameplay. All the dota 2 dev team need to do is just port original concept on new engine and add some cool features. Around 4 years and still not all hero ported and not all mods we have. In the last year they slow down with new heroes and features. But they speed up with "HATS". Nice. Just nice. Second TF. Valve created a machine for making money. They dont actually want dota become greater. They dont want to do something that will show that Dota 2 greatest game. But they need to do it cos dota 2 must be best MOBA game, because its all started from dota. And yes in dota one every 6.x9 version wass added with secret quest. It was a tradition. Diretide can become such tradition. But no, they dont want to celebrate with community. They dont even want to say us "Hey, community, have a nice hollydays". VALVE killed orgignal map and created just a shadow of past grandeur. Expand
  64. Nov 10, 2013
    Excellent game, with much more sophisticated mechanics than LoL. It is very unforgiving and requires lots of effort to master it sufficiently enough to know what needs to be done (doing it is even harder). Dota 2 is so good, that I will focus on negatives Unfortunately there are some and three of them I consider major issue. First match making I think it has improved, but it is… Expand
  65. Nov 1, 2013
    Hello! I am not a complete retard who isn't anally devastated because he didn't get a gamemode that he wasn't promised and then proceeds to ruin the positive score on his favorite game's Metacritic. Dota 2 is fun!
  66. Nov 8, 2013
    Diretide was given and so valve deserves to have their score back! Diretide was given and so valve deserves to have their score back! Diretide was given and so valve deserves to have their score back! Diretide was given and so valve deserves to have their score back! Diretide was given and so valve deserves to have their score back!
  67. Nov 1, 2013
    The greatest multiplayer game ever made, with absolutely beautiful design and unparalleled finesse. Not as hard to get into as most people say, but there are constantly new skills to develop and things to learn. This is a game in its purest form not a hand-holding interactive story. Rewarding and very, very fun.
  68. Nov 1, 2013
    Don't bother; Valve gave up developing this game shortly after its release. The matchmaking is horrible, there is still no ladder or any way of measuring your skill and the game offers no short-term rewards or incentives for playing. Dota is literally a Find Match button with nothing else to offer. Check back in a couple of years to see if Valve has decided to resume developing this game.
  69. Nov 1, 2013
    LoL DotA.

Riot Games is the example of all company should follow for an e-sports free to play game.

DotA 2 is a complete fail in all his aspects.
  70. Nov 1, 2013
    Negatives Frequent forced updates for purchasable in game items. Slow updates for porting existing heroes from DotA 1 to Dota 2. Mind you, not new heroes, but No trailer for official release. Competitive and unforgiving game. (Often the case for ARTS/MOBA genre) Making it hard for new players to actually have fun playing. More often then not, my friend which is new to the game ended up quitting due to the nature of the game.

A ton of bugs

No new hero that is actually created. All the heroes are ports from the oringal DotA.

Positives

Clean graphics
    Cosmetic items are tradable
    Its on steam could be a negative to some)

All in all, i do not recommend this game for people who are looking for casual gaming or to actually have fun.
  71. Nov 8, 2013
    fnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVOfnx VOLVO Expand
  72. Nov 2, 2013
    If it wasn't a coin-flipping simulator, this game would get a 10.
    - matchmaking is broken in certain modes (all pick).
    - as with all games in the ARTS genre, the community is quite toxic.
    - a lot of non-US foreigners play well, but sometimes it's a nuisance.
    - gameplay has incredible depth and complexity and is very rewarding.
  73. Nov 2, 2013
    This game is pretty much inferior to WC3 dota in every way besides graphics. It certainly doesn't help that all Valve does is add cosmetic items to milk it as much as possible, without giving a damn about the actual quality of the game.
  74. Nov 2, 2013
    NO Diretide.
    NO New Hero.
    NO Normal matchmaking system.
    New updates is new sets and tickets.
    MORE TICKETS AND HATS!
    MORE! MORE TICKETS AND HATS! MORE!
  75. Nov 2, 2013
    NO Diretide.
    NO New Heroes.
    NO Normal matchmaking system.
    NO Rank system.
    NO Communication from developers with the players.
    Only hats, hats, hats, hats, hats, HATS AND HATS!
  76. Nov 2, 2013
    The game is somewhat ok, the main issue is the company who is developing it. There is ABSOLUTELY 0 communication between the developers and the community. There are currently two forum in which you have to post if you want to discuss about dota: one is the developer forum and one is the old wc3 dota forum. The developer forum is meant ONLY for bugs in DOTA2, the wc3 forum is instead for balance discussion. If you post for balance in the dev forum they send you to the wc3 forum. Do you know what is the issue with this? THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO VALVE DEVELOPER IN THE WC3 FORUM. Why Valve is confusing the community this way? The wc3 forum is clearly inappropriate to hold a discussion about dota 2. It's as if the official League of Legends forum was inside the Heroes of Newerth forum, there is no reason to split this way the people who like the game. 99.999% of the answers you get from the wc3 forum are from other community members. That is right, there is currently no one WORKING on dota 2 answering your question. Icefrog the person who is balancing the game hasn't answered or talked to the community in the last 2 or three years. Valve developers are even worse. Forget about knowing if there will be a patch soon, NONE OF THE 300 VALVE DEVELOPERS WILL ANSWER TO THIS SIMPLE QUESTION, they prefer to keep their fan waiting for hours as if this wouldn't make them angry. In other Dota like games the developers always say that the community must be keep clean from the toxicity. In DOTA2 I say that the developers are the most TOXIC part of the game. Expand
  77. Nov 2, 2013
    Offsetting some diretide here might be nice for a change. It's brilliant, it's amazing, it's got events (TI, WOO), and it's just fun to play if you ignore the trolls and haters, which is easy enough
  78. Nov 2, 2013
    Let's see:
    Valve has officially released Dota 2 at 9 july 2013, but now in 3/8 games two-five gamers has auto-disconnect from the session. Not one patch have not fix that.
    Fix 6.79 adds many cool stuff, but it's not changes, what really need to dota-community: we wait new heroes with their own mechanics teeches, commander, terrorblade and other.
    Finally, Halloween positioned like
    annual event but here we have new fail.

Oh, VERY thanks for new hats and awesome discount in steam, yeah *sarcasm*
  79. Nov 2, 2013
    An excellent game. I have never had any technical issues with it. The gameplay is amazing. One of the more polished PvP oriented games I've ever played, and it's bloody well free! Whats not to love? Ignore all the negative reviews from children that are sad about not having a Halloween update for their free game like they assumed would happen.

This is beyond worth checking out. I have
    never been one to clock that many hours into a game. Yet here I am with almost 1,000 hours of actual gameplay in this sucker. I got my wife hooked and all my friends. It's perfect. CHECK IT OUT! Expand
  80. Nov 2, 2013
    Garbage matchmaking
    Garbage report system
    Garbage game engine results in 9 games without someone being able to load and you reenter the queue
    0 communication and 0 visibility no visible MMR no ladders)
    No region locks.
    You take a perfect game and turn it into worst game ever created.
    GG WP
  81. Nov 2, 2013
    17 pages of negative rating just because they did not get a diretide this year. Kids huh?
    Simply the best moba out there.
    If you just wanna have fun All Pick, Random, Single Draft
    If you want a bit more competitive gameplay Captains Mode, Captains Draft, Random Draft
  82. Nov 3, 2013
    DOTA2 could have been a good game. It was promising, with deep mechanics. Sadly it's plagued by huge issues. The Matchmaking is absolutely dreadful and lead to very frustrating games full of flames and insults. The community is downright terrible. i haven't seen a single game without at least a troll or a leaver. Valve seems strangely non-responsive, doing very little to address those core issues. After a while I realized I just wasn't having any fun with this game and quited. Expand
  83. Nov 3, 2013
    This Game is pretty fine. I'd give it a 8/10 without any doubt, but there are no updates anymore (except new hats). Though worst thing is: there is no DIRETIDE. How can anyone commit such a crime ?

0 points due to volvo
  84. Nov 4, 2013
    Dota 2 is a multiplayer match of 5x5 real lilfe players each controling 1 hero with unique abilities, you will buy items and level up your character as you play.

To win you have to destroy the opponent main building, to reach it you have to destroy all towers in the path to be able to attack the main building (there 3 paths)

Theres a total of more than 100 heroes making the
    replayability very high.

The key point to win in this game is team cooperation in teamfights and your team selection.

No matter how good a player is, if his team dont work together it will be nearly impossible to win.

So if you like a fast multiplayer competition with lot of replayability and dont care about a lot of training to be a really a good player you will love this game.

Any low score this game receive if from whiners that want everthing easy this game is not easy and you need practice to master it.

Remember the challenge is integral part of the fun.
  85. Nov 4, 2013
    All the frustrated lol trolls decided to show up on metacritic. No server lag here since I have been playing it, cosmetics are nice but wish there was more to purchase than hero sets,courier skins and hud skins.The only complaint I have is the the dota loading emblem, on start up it tends to pixelate very harshly.
  86. Dec 7, 2013
    Well, you want to know why DoTA best moba game ever? I can tell you a few reasons. 1.tons of heroes to play, unique heroes, not like in league of legends. 2.awsm graphics, i can say best. maybe some1 like HoN, or LoL graphics more, but obviosly what dota 2 graphics is most techologic graphic in moba games. 3.Absolutely f2p, not like other games, i said it again. Even in LoL you need to buys heroes for IP(you need to play around 10-15 games to open a new character) or real money.
    4. Voice actors this is one of the best voice works in games ever, i love rubick, enigma, puck voices, other awsm too.
    5.Gameplay every game you learning something new, becasue of this this game have endless gameplay.
  87. Nov 6, 2013
    It's legitimately a shame the way valve has chosen to handle this game. The game has tremendous potential, yet it is utterly squandered in the way they handle it. The game has been out of beta for some months, and honestly, was never quite ready to come out of it In my opinion. They prioritized the shop over finishing the hero roster, improving the matchmaking, or adding some sort of competitive ladder. To make matters worse, the communication from valve is literally non existent, and there has been no meaningful content update since july. I don't personally care about halloween events, but you're telling me you create one for tf2 and even cs go over dota 2? That's not the way you support a game that at this point is just trying to get started. On the whole the game is good, but valve's lack of support is appalling. I really want to rate the game higher than this, because as a game it is very good. It's just a shame it's being handled in such a poor manner. I have well over 1000 hours at this point, but just lost faith in valve's ability to deliver any sort of meaningful content. Don't add more hats, don't update the store. Finish adding the heroes, improve the matchmaking. Add a ladder. Finish. The. Damn. Game. Expand
  88. Mar 22, 2014
    They delivered diretide. They delivered diretide. They delivered diretide. They delivered diretide. They delivered diretide. They delivered diretide. They delivered diretide.
  89. Nov 8, 2013
    People Where so mad about Diretide, Valve not releasing it. but here it is, we're getting it on the next update hope people are happy now and ENJOOY THE MODe
  90. Nov 8, 2013
    This game is awesome, Valve did some big mistakes but they're fixing it. God, I love this company.

91. Nov 8, 2013
    Better than League. Community needs to calm down over diretide. Valve is usually quiet on what they're working with and I'm fine with that. If everyone just had the patience and waited they would have seen the huge update and nothing would have been wrong.
  92. Nov 8, 2013
    This is a terrific game and easily the best MOBA game out there and all for the grand cost of $0. It has a significant learning curve but this contributes to the overall rewarding experience and re-playability. Well worth installing and giving a try.
  93. Nov 8, 2013
    TY VALVEつ TY VALVEつ TY VALVEつ TY VALVEつ TY VALVEつ TY VALVEつ TY VALVEつ TY VALVEつ TY VALVEつ TY VALVEつ TY VALVEつ TY VALVEつ TY VALVEつ TY VALVEつ TY VALVEつ TY VALVEつ TY VALVEつ TY VALVEつ TY VALVEつ TY VALVEつ TY VALVEつ TY VALVEつ TY VALVEつ TY VALVEつ TY VALVEつ TY VALVEつ TY VALVEつ TY VALVEつ TY VALVE
  94. Nov 9, 2013
    I love this game so much, it is so deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep
  95. Nov 9, 2013
    Addicting

In the beginning public matches are fun, but there is not much teamplay and alot of blaming. When getting the hang of it the funfactor rises but even if doing everything right there is always someone trolling, solo playing just to get items and doesn't even care to speak english on an english server.
    I think to be able to get the most out of this game is to play in a team
    with friends, but publlic is still an addicting experience though with alot of problems mainly no or rarely teamplay. Expand
  96. Nov 9, 2013
    Thanks volvo! doto unded dt her volvo fix doto Thanks volvo!(づ。◕‿◕。)づ Thanks volvo!(づ。◕‿◕。)づ Thanks volvo!
    wow
    such game
    much hats
    volvo pls
    (づ。◕‿◕。)づ Thanks volvo!
  97. Nov 9, 2013
    Complex mechanics that are fun to learn, hard to master. Amazing artwork across the entire game. Constant updates that keep the game fresh. One of the best ever created.
  98. Nov 9, 2013
    Best moba ever ,this demands alot of time but is a great challenge ,valve is for first time paying attention to the comunity ,thanks volvo we love you again
    ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
  99. Nov 10, 2013
    Dota "fans' before halloween: I love this game! 10/10
    Dota "fans" after halloween: THIS GAME SUCKS 111!111!!!

LOLLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
  100. gax
    Nov 10, 2013
    Absolute best game ever made, second to none. nice graphics and sounds, well balanced and great competitive scene. i can see this game rising to the number 1 esport in the world

1. Feb 19, 2014
    Simply irresistible and addictive as hell.
  2. Sep 1, 2013
  3. Aug 30, 2013
    A great PvP game that offers some of the most intriguing and nuanced team combat around.