3.8

1. Jul 29, 2011
    Well, this is a addition to a bad, lackluster game, another disappointing developer presumption that difficultly is the same as impact and complexity . Another typical Bioware way of subconsciousness marketing. How else to explain that their choices have no consequences , their questions have no answer.
    Everything reduced to paying for basic answers,and preventing game resales and
    ruining it's own lore and story in the progress ,just like the base game compared to DAO. It's just useless content that fails at repairing damage done by the first game.
    On the technical side companion AI glitches, waves that look different on the surface but are equally annoying, and overall predictable boss behavior based on difficulty again lacking even basic tactics.
    Played better DLC's for the same or even lesser price tag, and those made sense from the player story progression perspective and they did not feel tacked on , to restore the damage done by the first game that will not be repaired. The score is given because there are a few new assets.
  2. Jul 27, 2011
    Well, the user reviews are going to get filled with fanboys and trolls giving this 10/10 ratings, so here's a 0/10 for balance. It's actually entirely well earned. Legacy is Bio's shoddy attempt at making peace with their critics. A lot of feedback went into the making of Legacy. Let's name a few of them. 1, if you hated Hawke then you're wrong, here's a three hour long story about why we think Hawke is important! 2, if you hated DA2's **** combat, here's more **** combat. 3, if you hated **** boss fights that went on and on and on, then here's more of that! Enjoy my middle finger, BioWare. Collapse
  3. Aug 1, 2011
    I was amazed that people would give this crap dlc High SCORES. But reading the reviews i realised its just BIOWARE STAFF and Marketeers.

Stories about making changes and listening to customers complaints are nonsense. They are charging 10 dollars for 1 to 2 hours of gameplay. Story is very thin and pointless. No interesting discussions or choices and no possibility to talk to your
    Companions. just a repeat of same old same old. The end boss i needed to restart ten times because of glitches in de AI of companions. All in all a lost opportunity and once again a big middlefinger from Bioware/ Laidlaw to their stupid customers. I was really hoping Bioware could set things straight but is not what happened. Avoid at all cost Expand
  4. Jul 26, 2011
    Just to equal that **** review of Merrill4Life. Everyone knows that DA2 was far from perfection and this is probably another fanboy. Just to mention Witcher in the review is a proof that it's meant to boost the score of Legacy, nothing more.
  5. Jul 30, 2011
    After playing through the original game from start to finish, my wife bought this expansion and found it to be a complete waste of money. The final boss fight is extremely frustrating and rather than the difficulty being introduced by skill or fun elements, the final boss fight is difficult because all of your support characters have horrible AI and are constantly eager to die. Terrible design, not fun at all DO NOT PURCHASE. Expand
  6. Aug 3, 2011
    After releasing a rushed , **** , disappointing game like DA2, I tried to trust them when they said they were "listening to the fans" to make "what they want" ****

This DLC is pointless, over-priced , simple and not worth wasting your money or BiowarePoints on it.

But I must say that DA2 original game is so **** bad that even this simple "Legacy" crap has a better story. Won't be buying
    another DA2 DLC unless it is like 100 times better than this one. 10â Expand
  7. Aug 1, 2011
    Bioware....just...shame...shame on you. Did everybody from BG and NWN and DAO leave or something? God...I can't believe this horrible horrible presentation...you haven't learned a single thing from the all feedback on DA2? Because...you haven't fixed a single one of those flaws. Thank god you didn't get do Van Buren.
  8. Aug 10, 2011
    I was amused to read about a DA2 DLC. Really? a DLC for the 'fans'? or was it stuff that's already part of the game but chopped to pieces to nickel and dime the fanbois? A DLC for the so called 'game of the decade', smells entirely rotten to it's core. Such a shame a great franchise could be ruined by corporate greed.
  9. Aug 3, 2011
    I logged in specifically to write a bad review for this. You can't polish a turd and DA2 was a gigantic brown tugboat. Why do developers feel they can cut corners on a game just because the previous installment was successful? Origins was perfect the way it was. They should have just improved the graphics but left everything else alone! Very annoying.
  10. Aug 2, 2011
    Really Bioware? Is this the best you can do? The storyline is 100% linear and predictable, combat is the same old crap besides one new enemy type added, the puzzles are dumb and/or annoying, the new items fail to be better than the existing ones, and I'm pretty sure the bossfight was specifically made to screw you over due to your party's terrible AI.
  11. Aug 6, 2011
    Truly disappointed that BioWare can't come up with anything more creative than an unimaginative dungeon crawl. Also very disappointed that the Lead Designer (Mike Laidlaw) skewed the results by rating his own game a 10. If this is your best work, you should be fired.
  12. Sep 14, 2011
    Another turd by previously-decent BioWare. I wonder if anyone's left there that actually likes RPGs? This is another phoned-in DLC by a company that stopped caring about anything other than $ a long time ago.
  13. Sep 4, 2011
    It have NOT made a DA2 better game. Simple as that. DA2 was oversimplyfied , overconcentrated on combat , linear , boring game. DA2:Legacy is no diffrent. It does not repair what was wrong about DA2.
    Also it does not give you good value of quality content for $ you spend on it.
    Unless you for any reason totally fanatically loved DA2 , avoid this DLC and whole DA2 like plague.
  14. Aug 9, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It's reasonable ok until the horrible last boss where the companion A.I. makes it a nightmare and a mouse clickfest to continually avoid the fires. Tiresome and pointless. To quote Homer S. in The Hulk cameo : "I.. Hate .. it. SO much!" Expand
  15. Aug 19, 2011
    I really just can't even say how bad bioware is becoming... Writers that picks up idea from MEYERS
    continue DLC'ing the very first day... and button mashing fighting

Bioware is officially dead, i will always remember the good ol' days of Baldur's Gate saga
  16. Aug 14, 2011
    Why IF All people in the world say that DA2 is ******, they create DLC, this politics is Kill bioware/
    Maybe I badly write in English, but If I decide to say about DA2 and this DLC, all I may say very short and concentrate:
    very bad DLC like DA2
    If we want show that DA2 and politics DLC is bad*, we must don't buy it
  17. Aug 17, 2011
    lol this game is so **** combat is bad, voice actors are bad, story sucks, its lackluster and disappointing.. I'm not going to bother elaborating on any of my issues or even offer any useful criticisms cuz this game is **** Bioware should just quit, this farce would have never happened at cd projcket!!!!!
  18. Sep 22, 2011
    Gods, they broke DA:O even worse! Before I played this, I thought they will make something at least worth money I spend on this! I don't get this, how anyone could put more than 5/10? Beside those trolls from Bio...
  19. Sep 26, 2011
    Terrible, not worth buying, storyline stupid. Are you serious, the blood of Hawke. Can someone tell me why this character has not been killed off. Hawke is the worst main character.
  20. Jul 27, 2011

1. Apr 11, 2012
    A surprisingly detailed add-in for this controversially received sequel. New approaches to encounter design and smarter enemies stand out, although story remains a strong feature.
  2. Nov 15, 2011
    You never know what to expect from Bioware when they create a new DLC. Sometimes they are decent, more often not. Legacy and Mark of the Assassin are pleasant surprises in the continuum. The adventures are well written, Tallis is a compelling new character and the combat is challenging enough. The add-ons are solid work, but not extraordinary by any means. [Nov 2011]
  3. Aug 31, 2011
    It spawns enemies behind your back, fails to improve lame AI and contains a range of bugs (e.g. enemies hitting you through a closed gate). BioWare failed to convince me that they are capable of learning from their mistakes. [Sept 2011, p.65]