8.8

1. Jul 1, 2011
    How many 10-year old games can still be downloaded on the internet and have fans writing adapters so you can play them on an OS 5 versions out? Duke Nukem 3D is the THE game that turned me on to gaming (especially network play) and is STILL, outdated graphics and all, one of the most fun shooters i've ever played. it was not as pretty as Quake, but Quake was never as
  2. Mar 26, 2011
    I played the game when it came out, and had a lot of fun with it, I even made my own map, which unfortunatly was lost when a hard drive crashed. The game, however, was not that good. It was entertaining, but in spite of the various fun stuff it had, it lacked something that would really pull you in. The only reason i finished the game was by using cheat codes. not that it was that difficult, but the effort you put into it was not that rewarding. Expand
  3. Nov 20, 2011
    A 15 year old game that exceeds the fun that modern games provide? YES! 3D Realms shooter is absolutely fantastic in both single player and multiplayer. The single player campaign features 4 episodes with over 24 levels of intense action.
  4. Mar 13, 2012
    Duke Nukem 3D was the first action video game I ever played in my life when I was 5 years old and after playing it for 1 hour, I ended up missing countless days at school, forgetting loads of homework because I was playing Duke Nukem 3D non stop for months, as of 2012 Duke Nukem 3D remains to be one of the greatest first person shooter games of all time.
  5. Jun 7, 2011
    After so many years it is still fun to kill pig cops and play with the babes. It is a pity that the sequel don't keep up... But the good news is that the community keeps alive this classic forever... Thanks, eduke32 and High Resolution Pack!
  6. Jun 15, 2011
    Best classic FPS ever! I feel really sorry for all of you guys who never played it, you childhood must have been terrible :) But nothing wasted, you can still go play it! If you cant stand the graphics try the high res pack (or whatever its called). But personally i prefer the classic one, with 2D models. Oh nostalgia!
  7. Mar 9, 2012
    Duke Nukem 3D is a masterpiece in gaming. I own an original copy of this, and am still playing it today. Its one liners, fun combat, remarkable level design and quirky humour still keeps me playing. This game is a classic, and will be remembered for years to come. Don't download this off the net, pay good money for it, and believe me, it is worth every dollar.
  8. Apr 26, 2013
    Duke Nukem 3D was my actual first fps game I ever played, more than 15 years ago, even if there was Doom and many others before (without mentioning Quake). But Duke Nukem 3D was special and it's also one of those games that basically never gets old for several good reasons: the gameplay is fun, fast and varied; the levels are detailed, huge, and all fun to explore; the enemies are always around the corner and can even scare you off if you get unprepared; weapons are many and varied and always opens to many possibilities of fighting the aliens. And the main character had a charme and personality, and wasn't silent like many other characters of that time but actually talked and just made fun of the enemies all the time! And now, we can get the entire Duke Nukem 3d collection, with all the expansions and with also upgraded controls and graphics, even though this game is meant to be played on bad resolutions! For the controls, I'm glad they upgrade it since it's hard nowadays to use the simple arrows to move and use alt for sidewalking. But that's just a minor incovenience. The game itself is splitted into episodes: my version (from Steam) has 7 episodes plus the classic version (basically the one with bad resolution and can use the old setups), and each episode is splitted from 6 to more or less 10 levels, which can last from 10 minutes to even 30-40 minutes, depending on which difficulty you're playing and if you wish to explore the levels for secrets (which usually are worth). The levels are huge and are varied, showing how good were fps back then. My only complain about the levels, are mostly on 3 episodes in particular: Lunar Apocalypse (first game, second episode) is, in my opinion, the most boring episode of all simply because of the lack of variety on the levels and for the over-usage of some enemies only, while Nuclear Winter expansion has some of the hardest enemies I've fought. Duke it out in the D.C is good but can feels a little repetitive too. But for the most part, the levels are still good: just some aren't exceptional. I also have another "big" complain on the weapons we can get, simply because at least 70% of them aren't very useful: I never found a good way to use the Wall Traps for example, as well as the Shrinker/Expander and the Frostthrower are extremely situationals and only works for few enemies (Shrinker works greatly on those big gatling-gun aliens!); the pistol would be good if it wasn't that it's the only weapon that needs a reload, has only a 12 round magazine...and it's weak as crazy (and useful only for killing slimes); the minigun is good but, in my opinion, has a very low magazine (200 rounds), and it takes some hits to kill some enemies; the RPG is great but you must be careful, since even at middle range you can easily get hurt...and considering you hardly meet enemies from far away, this weapon is a double-edged sword. The Devastator, on the other hand, doesn't have the issue of explosion ranges (for the most part)...but it's very inaccurate and eats your rockets much faster (one shot is 2 rockets). In the end, the most useful weapons are the shotgun (2-3 shots and they're dead, except big ones), the Pipe Bombs (can be thrown and be ignited anytime you want, without risks of being hurt yourself). These aren't exactly flaws that ruin the gameplay but just my personal opinion on some weapons that, frankly, I hardly used, resulting in using the shotgun for 90% of the game. For the rest, this game is flawless and I can easily suggest it to anyone who enjoyed the original game and likes shooters who aren't realistic...for those who can't stand the old graphics and such I don't know what to say, since the only game that has a small resemblance of Duke Nukem, is Serious Sam. If you're an old school player from the dos era, you can't miss this along with Doom, Heretic, Hexen and many others. For the others...give it a look and see how were "real" shooters back in the days: surely unrealistic, but fun and exciting as crazy! Expand
  9. Jun 15, 2011
    One of my favorite games growing up, I loved everything about Duke 3D. The gameplay and humor defined an era of budding FPS gaming on the PC, this title still holds up to this day.
  10. Jun 16, 2011
    eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
  11. Jun 14, 2011
    Whilst Duke Nukem 3d didn't exactly create the FPS genre, it certainly defined it for the generation. It had an unprecedented level of interactivity and features some levels that can still be considered stellar examples of design, even to this day. Definitely a must play for any gamer who considers themselves a shooter fan. Call of Duty may be the father of modern FPS shooters, but Duke Nukem 3d is definitely the king. And all I can say to that is "hail to the king, baby". Expand
  12. Aug 17, 2011
    So f*cking good game
    Duke can kick ass monsters for babies!
    ****
    sorry,i clean keyboard now
  13. Aug 17, 2012
    Game of the 90's! Everyone liked Duke back in the day. He was just such an awesome badass. The game itself is like Doom on steroids. Better in almost every possible way. Perfect voice acting, good visuals (at the time), very good level design with secrets and stuff (not like those corridor shooters we get these days).
  14. Mar 21, 2012
    One of the greatest video games of all time. period.

The gameplay was addicting, the MIDI soundtrack rocked, the humor was plentiful and patently obscene at times (what more could you need?), and the Build engine pushed the technical envelope for the time period and became one of the most licensed video game engines in history for dozens of titles from other companies for good reason.

I
    blew hundreds of hours of my youth playing with DN3D and community-created content for it.

I cried when I finally had the back luck of playing DN4. The days of a few guys creating an epic title like this are long gone and video gaming will never be the same...
  15. May 21, 2012
    The first FPS, that is "doom-like" as they used to be called, to feature such an extensive interactivity! Turn lights on or off, shrink to the size of a mouse to go through pipes, freeze your enemies and blow them to pieces, or kick ass (you can actually high kick your enemies anytime through a hotkey) !
  16. Jun 19, 2012
    A great old school FPS game, just as fun to play today as it was back in the 90's. Hunting for keycards, tapping walls for secret areas and shooting sprite-enemies with an arsenal of fancy toys is a very refreshing break from all those "realistic" modern shooters. But what really "makes" this game is the protagonist - his quips just never cease to entertain. And if the archaic controls put you off, there's an excellent mod called DukePlus, which implements keyboard and mouse controls, along with a bunch of other modernizations and fixes. So, if you ever feel like knocking some alien heads good ole 90's style, look no further. Duke 3D has what you need. Expand
  17. Aug 4, 2012
    i liek duck nukem the best pc game for mac especially love using his lines "ive got bowls of steel' lmao probably the best devlupoed caacter in gaming cant wait for duke nukem 4ever probably gonna be EVEN BETTER THAN 3D
  18. Sep 27, 2013
    Absolutely fantastic. Duke Nukem 3D just kicked @$$!

Great visuals, great levels, tons of secrets and loads of variety.

This is how a Duke Nukem game should be made.

If I had one complaint, it would be that the enemy types do get a little repetitive. A bit more variety would have been welcome. Still, great none the less.

Overall:
    Hail to the King baby.
  19. Mar 21, 2013
    Now let me tell you what's wrong with this game: It packs too much fun compare to the low standards of EA games and you get trapped for hours once you start playing.
  20. ERB
    Jul 24, 2013
    I am here to chew bubblegum and I'm all out of gum.
  21. May 19, 2013
    Growing up I always believed that this was a generic copy of Doom. I know now that I am incorrect in thinking that, but the game play was similar. The game is suspenseful even today. A game that would be great for bets, to see you can last the longest. The old school game had around 28 levels. Today they have thousands of mods and levels.
  22. May 17, 2013
    To AnonymousMC:
    One: Those aren't aliens. Those are mutated ENF soldiers.
    Two: Of course they look like pigs. That's why they're called "Pigcops." That's the joke.
    Three: You "enjoyed" the strippers? You "enjoyed" 64-bit square boobs? How desperate are you? For that matter... how OLD are you?
    Four: Hail to the king, baby!
  23. Oct 16, 2013
    Hail to the king baby! This is still to this day my all time favorite game. The fast paced gameplay is very fun, anyone who likes classic games or FPS games will love Duke!
  24. Jan 30, 2014
    For me one of the games that marked my life playing computer games with DOOM another brutal games of that time I had to buy it to have it in my collection for a true gamer must have this game on your computer.

1. Where Duke really excels is it's beautiful backgrounds. The game settings are magnificently rendered. They have all kinds of animated objects built into them, and the attention to detail is terrific. Hopefully, with Duke Nukem on the scene, the days of endless identical looking corridors and rooms are finally gone for good!
  2. It's rare when a game comes along that really kicks your ass. 3D Realm's full version of Duke Nukem 3D is just that kind of posterior pummeler. With its free-flowing 3D action, over-the-top weapons, and ruthlessly attitudinal protagonist, Duke Nukem will have PC gamers worldwide rubbing their rumps with spine-tingling glee.
  3. Prepare yourself for total meltdown. [Box]