Dungeon Defenders PC

7.3

1. Mar 14, 2017
    El mejor Tower Defense que he jugado nunca.

Divertido, variado, tanto en personajes, como en mapas, herramientas defensivas, enemigos, armas... si te gusta el género, o simplemente buscas un cooperativo interesante, sin duda este es tu juego, ya que te va a dar horas y horas.
  2. Jul 7, 2015
    Great game. Fun, addictive, lots of content. In my opinion it has too many DLCs bul well, I guess developers will never stop adding tons of DLCs to a game instead of finishing it.
  3. Jan 9, 2015
    A great game.when I first play I couldn't stop playing, I was addicted. There are some difficulty spikes but that doesn't really do much t hinder the fun. So great game.
  4. Dec 12, 2014
    The game has a fantastic and cosy atmosphere, funny character design, enjoyable soundtrack, many cool maps and most of all, very team-based and -intensive gameplay. It feels like it has a lot of love put into it's development, which makes it very much worth the buy if you've got a friend or two to play it with.
  5. Dec 8, 2014
    It is just a giant grind fest. Repetitive and boring. Repetitive and boring. Repetitive and boring. Repetitive and boring. Repetitive and boring.
  6. Jun 19, 2014
    This game is good while you dont hit the 'mythical floor', where you need to grind for good mythical gear to be able to grind transcendent gear to be able to grind supreme and ultimate gear. This grind could be fine for someone, until you discover that all good gear is probably hacked even on ranked steam server. All top results for every map is hacked, crazy gear is hacked/duped, cubes isThis game is good while you dont hit the 'mythical floor', where you need to grind for good mythical gear to be able to grind transcendent gear to be able to grind supreme and ultimate gear. This grind could be fine for someone, until you discover that all good gear is probably hacked even on ranked steam server. All top results for every map is hacked, crazy gear is hacked/duped, cubes is massively duped, mana is hacked. Any 10 year kid's pc knowledge is enough to make mana infinite, to make insane items, etc. This game could be good if u just isolate yourself from rest of the hacked world, maybe with your friends, and just play from scratch till 70-s. Then the grind part starts, which is very-very VERY boring. You have to waste 2-3 hours to beat survival level to be able to find some mythical gear to be able to beat tavern defense level to be able to level so you can grind new levels to be able to grind...

Achievements system is fine, it makes at least a little bit point to grind levels and gear, but nothing else.

Graphics is a mess, cell-shading outlines looks like piece of shiТ (basically looks like LoL, which is also piece of shiТ, but even worse), massive special effects make your head sick, area of effect weapons is just impossible to watch. I just switch my monitor to white and black mode sometimes to play this game. Yeah. Its really, really sucks. If your pet hits with elemental damage, or your weapon is area of effect hit, you just cant see anything sometimes because of this explosions of whatever effect is.

DLC-s is complete p2w madness. Half of them is absolutely required for beating game on nightmare difficulty (which is locked by the way, you need another DLC set to unlock it).
    Eternia shards DLC set costs the most and the most important part of DLC's. Without it the nightmare mode is locked, the only place you can start grind some nice gear and experience. Absolutely required.
    Series EV hero DLC is so overpowered that she can just do levels on insane difficulty from level one. Tower buff is completely overpowered and REQUIRED to any levels on nightmare.
    Summoner uses completely separate defense units which is called summon units, and has pretty overpowered defenses too, that also is required later. You CAN_NOT beat almost any levels on nightmare without this two heroes.
    Barbarian is one of the top dps heroes in game and he is required for some of the hardest maps in game to take down boss quickly.
    Jester is pretty weak compared to ev or summoner, but she still can be pretty op builder and good ranged dps hero. Also move tower ability sometimes helps.
    Tavern defense (anniversary pack DLC i believe?) is required for leveling and has insane pet as reward for beating it on a nightmare survival.
    EV lab is required for getting massive amount of insane accessories that you... get ready... CAN NOT GET ANYWHERE IN THE GAME EXCEPT ON THIS DLC, surprise! Also, it gives insane ultimate weapons on regular basis, crazy stats armor, lots of trans armor, sometimes even ult++ armor.
    New heroes DLC is required because this female hero versions have more movements speed so they are pretty much standard for builder hero.
    Talay mining complex DLC gives insane rewards for survival again (pet rock i believe?).
    Some Christmas map DLC gives you coal for beating it, which i believe if u have 100 of them (grinded or ... duped again), you can combine them to get the most insane pet in the game (all this pets is hacked if u find any for trade).
    I hope you get the point. If you want to really grind this game and spend lots of time on it, this P2W DLC is absolutely required.

I dont recommend this game for almost everyone. However, if you and your friends desperate to find any co-op game to play, you might try this. Wait for sale and take your chances.
  7. Mar 20, 2014
    this game was so fun and great. that lasted until the players sold item in different currency. it ruin the game play. multiplayer used to be fun then, but not long.
  8. Mar 14, 2014
    One of the best games i've played, if it haven't been for Humblebundle, i wouldn't have bought it, since it was kinda overpriced as **** But i got it cheap and i enjoyed it so much.. There is so much to do, there are variables of the things you can do, you can choose from Easy to nightmare(Which is the difficulty after hard-insane). But tbh, it's really fun alone, but incredible togetherOne of the best games i've played, if it haven't been for Humblebundle, i wouldn't have bought it, since it was kinda overpriced as **** But i got it cheap and i enjoyed it so much.. There is so much to do, there are variables of the things you can do, you can choose from Easy to nightmare(Which is the difficulty after hard-insane). But tbh, it's really fun alone, but incredible together with your friends!
    Can't wait for the sequal, 10/10.
  9. Dec 27, 2013
    Grab some friends, or random internet strangers, and give this game a try; you'll be addicted. Despite the cutesy graphics and colors the gameplay can actually be pretty difficult. Plus, there are enough characters, weapons, maps, and upgrades to keep you busy for as long as your little heart desires.
  10. Nov 10, 2013
    With all the positive reviews this game received I thought it might be a decent game but it seems to fall flat. There are some good things, the main thing that caught my eye was the nice, colorful graphics though the characters themselves don't look as good. I thought the gameplay might be interesting as well, being an action rpg mixed with tower defense but as other reviews have said, itWith all the positive reviews this game received I thought it might be a decent game but it seems to fall flat. There are some good things, the main thing that caught my eye was the nice, colorful graphics though the characters themselves don't look as good. I thought the gameplay might be interesting as well, being an action rpg mixed with tower defense but as other reviews have said, it is overly simplistic and lacks any real depth. When u first play u'll notice u can make 5 different defenses, though u have to level up to unlock them. At first I thought, ok 5 different towers but surely that can't be for the whole game right? since in this game u can get to near lvl100. So due to my curiousity, I checked out a lvl90 gameplay video just to see if things are any different at high levels but it just looked like the same thing. Your heroes only get 2 skills and 5 towers for the entire game so that should tell u something. Trying to play online was sometimes annoying due to the fact that people would kick me for no reason at all. So overall, I wouldn't recommend this game, I hoped it would get better the more I played it but all those hopes were out the window because of the lack on content in gameplay. Expand
  11. Nov 10, 2013
    ok game but beware of the bugs! especially the launacher is really crappy, editing/saving config always fails, and the translation/localization is terrible.
  12. Nov 5, 2013
    A really fun game. I played it with my friend. We spent a couple hours playing to beat it. It was worth it thou. But it sometimes gets frustrating and boring at times. But it's really fun.
  13. Nov 3, 2013
    Superb fun mix of battle and tower defense. One of the best online PvE experiences out there. The initial game itself is cheap but there are a billion expansion packs which push the price up for the full experience. Fun levelling up system. Only minus in my eyes is the large amount of impatient experienced players, but that's always going to be a problem with co-op.
  14. Oct 1, 2013
    This is one of the best Tower Defense games I have ever played. It adds RPG elements to a TD game in a great mix. The menus are very easy to get through. The levels are very nice looking. You equip armor that increases specific attributes for your hero, which is a very nice change to TD games. There are multiple difficulties in the game, which adds to the replayability. The loot andThis is one of the best Tower Defense games I have ever played. It adds RPG elements to a TD game in a great mix. The menus are very easy to get through. The levels are very nice looking. You equip armor that increases specific attributes for your hero, which is a very nice change to TD games. There are multiple difficulties in the game, which adds to the replayability. The loot and level up system are great for online play, along with the different heroes with their own very helpful roles. Expand
  15. Aug 7, 2013
    A very fun game if you like tower-defence games and want to have that crossed with RPG elements and a multiplayer aspect. They scale the levels up with the more people there are and the higher levels too. Each different character has different types of things used to slow down and kill enemies such as the mage can set up towers that cause damage, the warrior also sets up damaging traps,A very fun game if you like tower-defence games and want to have that crossed with RPG elements and a multiplayer aspect. They scale the levels up with the more people there are and the higher levels too. Each different character has different types of things used to slow down and kill enemies such as the mage can set up towers that cause damage, the warrior also sets up damaging traps, the rogue sets up mines and the monk creates auras which can reduce the enemies strength and defence when they walk through the auras, even their speed. Everyone i've played with has been very nice with a great community. Expand
  16. Jul 13, 2013
    I feel a bit conflicted about giving this a 10, but it earned it. The graphics are cartoon-like, but it works very well. The action is amazing. They combine tower defense strategy with FPS in a way that works for me. I've sunk just under 300 hours into the game thus far, and I'm not done. There are 12 core maps and probably about 10-15 maps added as part of DLC, as well as challenges,I feel a bit conflicted about giving this a 10, but it earned it. The graphics are cartoon-like, but it works very well. The action is amazing. They combine tower defense strategy with FPS in a way that works for me. I've sunk just under 300 hours into the game thus far, and I'm not done. There are 12 core maps and probably about 10-15 maps added as part of DLC, as well as challenges, and achievements. 12 different characters across roughly 4 classes. You start a map with the goal of keeping the monsters from getting your crystal(s). They come in every increasing waves that last a few minutes each and in between you build/upgrade your defenses. The FPS comes in play with some of the character builds in that you participate in the combat first person with ranged or melee weapons. The replay-ability is the key anchor for my score. You can play it single or multi-player. Either works well, although most of my time has been single player. There is a token plot, which is interesting that is woven through 4 cut scenes. I picked it up cheap because it's over a year old, but it would have been worth it even at full price. Expand
  17. Jun 8, 2013
    great game! Cool multiplayer, great effects, custom maps like cities from pokemon!!! ...and the price is low, I think.

- fight with towers or with your own weapons
    - buy a pet
    - create your own maps
    - beautiful Comic graphic
    ...and much more!!!

one of my favourite games!!!
  18. May 5, 2013
    THE GOOD: I would definitely highly recommend this game to anyone as it covers many aspects of gameplay;
    The RPG element in respect to leveling your character, their defences/minions, weapons, armour AND pets.
    The Tower Defence element, set in waves with many customisable options to increase/decrease difficulty, wait time during a build period and so on. and lastly, The Fantasy genre,
    and lastly,
    The Fantasy genre, which I know is a bit broad, but the game doesn't feel as cheap as it's initial asking price, it feels like a cartoonish magical land with quite a nice atmosphere.
    I've also noticed people complaining about the amount of DLC and it's pricing. The DLC in itself as a complete pack from my research at standard price comes to the price of a fully completed A list game upon first release, which might seem pricey but for the content offered, it isn't as shocking as first indicated. In fact, my first ever character was DLC: 'The Summoner who even offers an RTS element into the game.

THE BAD: There isn't too much to say bad about this game apart from as far as it's single player goes, it isn't all that fun. I would probably stress that this is for gamers who play alongside one another.
    That being said, the game's standard multiplayer has a maximum of 4 people. I understand that there might be mods out there that I have not checked for and it is difficult with the map sizes and mana system for more players, but 4 is still somewhat disappointing.
    This game can get repetitive, but in fairness that is all down to personal preference of genre as absolutely any other game can too.

OVERALL: Definitely a great purchase for multiplayer, be it the standard edition or complete with all of the DLC. This is a game that's been out for nearly two years already and still doesn't feel dated.
  19. Apr 28, 2013
    I tried for hours to play the Linux version of this game. After dealing with dozens of crashes, broken physics, server issues, and awkward game controls, I gave up. The concept is interesting and it looks like it has a potential, but at this point it is far, far too buggy to invest any time in.
  20. Mar 27, 2013
    This game is an absolute masterpiece. So much fun with friends, there's really no denying that it deserves 11/10. Hours of fun and enjoyment prove that games can still be unique and enjoyable, even in a world filled with boring military shooters.
  21. Mar 8, 2013
    unplayable control setting make player frustrated. too complex game machanism and poor UI design are also big failed. I spent 30 mins in tutorial and I still uncomfortable about this game processing. super super failed.
  22. Mar 5, 2013
    I gave this game a 6 because it has really been getting worse and worse. I haven't played the game for many months now due to how bad it is now compared to what it was.

I pre-purchased this game, at the time no one knew about it, but I saw it and I thought, Why not? So I bought it and at the release day there I was playing. It was epic! I played for hundreds of hours and the game is really good. At that time I would have given it easily a 9 or 10.

But after that the DLCs came in. The company started to get even more greedy and kept releasing these DLCs that, most of them, don't add almost nothing to the game. The game started to lose its quality...

Right now, if you pick the all thing for 12€, it's still a really nice game, and for 12€ you can't ask for much better, but seeing the game now and knowing how it was before I can't give more than a 6.
  23. Feb 27, 2013
    This game was pretty horrible. At start it was quite fun but after playing it for 10 levels it really got boring and simple. It also became apparent that the game was unbalanced as heck since some classes were far superior to the others. The menus were also confusing and complicated for a game that you are supposed to just pick up and play with friends (and what the hell is "Trendynet"This game was pretty horrible. At start it was quite fun but after playing it for 10 levels it really got boring and simple. It also became apparent that the game was unbalanced as heck since some classes were far superior to the others. The menus were also confusing and complicated for a game that you are supposed to just pick up and play with friends (and what the hell is "Trendynet" anyway? It only advertised all the fancy DLCs to me). I also had a couple of random crashes despite the game running well on my PC, and the annoying thing about the crashes was that I lost my leveling progress. I paid about 10 euros for this game so it was a massive disappointment. Expand
  24. Feb 14, 2013
    An obvious buy for fans of RPG and TD games. I was afraid of buying this game because I wasn't sure if the combination would work, but it is a fantastic game with easy controls and few technical problems.... I actually can't even think of a single technical problem I have run into. (i've played over 100 hours of this game).
    Like I wrote above, if you like RPG and TD games, buy this.
  25. Jan 17, 2013
    lost my characters on their "online servers". back in dec 26. only response out of all the emails i received back. We're incredibly sorry that you have experienced in an issue with the game. In order for us to recover your lost data, we will need a link to your Steam profile page. Please do not log back into TrendyNet until you receive the OK from us. Thank you for your patience in thelost my characters on their "online servers". back in dec 26. only response out of all the emails i received back. We're incredibly sorry that you have experienced in an issue with the game. In order for us to recover your lost data, we will need a link to your Steam profile page. Please do not log back into TrendyNet until you receive the OK from us. Thank you for your patience in the matter.

Sincerely,
    Trendy Entertainment Community Support

--------------

Highly unsatisfied by this fact that they cannot fix your account in a timely manner. its 1/17/2013, almost a month now and no fix.
  26. Jan 15, 2013
    When I first read its description on Steam I thought there was no way I could enjoy it, as tower defense games (imo) do not have as much replay value as many other games (mmo, rpg, shooters, rts, etc) However, this game does a great job at mixing tower defense with 3rd person shooter. Items> level, as is the case with many games (a level 74 person with great items will do more dmg than aWhen I first read its description on Steam I thought there was no way I could enjoy it, as tower defense games (imo) do not have as much replay value as many other games (mmo, rpg, shooters, rts, etc) However, this game does a great job at mixing tower defense with 3rd person shooter. Items> level, as is the case with many games (a level 74 person with great items will do more dmg than a level 84 person with mediocre items). The main problem with the game is the exp curve. At around 70-75 it grows by an insane amount, in which case the game becomes a grindfest. The ultimate way to level is to find a 90+ person with good equipment and power-level. After about 76 you'll find yourself setting up defenses and then going afk. Warning: leveling and item mods ruin this game, after I stopped using them the game became more enjoyable. $50 for all of the DLC is a ripoff, I would recommend only buying this game if it's on sale ($15 for original is not even a good deal). I bought L4D2 for $5(sale) and it's much better than this game -_-. (bought DD and all DLC 2012 for $15) Expand
  27. Jan 7, 2013
    Really good tower defense game with many different traps and characters to choose from.Very good graphics,good combat system,really good boss battle and many levels make this game a lot of fun for the tower defense fans especially but for the others too.9/10
  28. Dec 28, 2012
    This game is a lot of fun if you have a bunch of friends to play which you can find in humble indie bundle 7 with all the DLCs and some other games at 6.53$ which is a really good price.In my opinion its a must buy for the tower defence fans
  29. Dec 24, 2012
    Dungeon Defenders is a Tower defense / Third-Person Action-Adventure hybrid that you just have to "Get" to like. While not particularly good at either of these, the game still manages to be entertaining. In Dungeon Defenders you play as one of many heroes and on a variety of maps from giant boss maps, to floating chess pieces. Each map has a different gimmick, and a new challenge. PerhapsDungeon Defenders is a Tower defense / Third-Person Action-Adventure hybrid that you just have to "Get" to like. While not particularly good at either of these, the game still manages to be entertaining. In Dungeon Defenders you play as one of many heroes and on a variety of maps from giant boss maps, to floating chess pieces. Each map has a different gimmick, and a new challenge. Perhaps the most aggravating nuisance in DD is that it is not single/Co-op Friendly. A player is expected to level multiple characters at once so they can "Swap" them to use their traps and abilities. I find this practice non-nonsensical and infuriating. A player gets attached to their character, but you can't play the game successfully as nothing but a huntress. Traps are a necessity in later levels, and some classes simply do not have proper traps to be able to solo or even co-op encounters properly. The limited skills to the class is further compounded by Gear which is obtained in a Diabloesque manner; Randomly generated stated gear that may or may not contain the stats you want. Such an approach to gear only compounds the issue of leveling multiple characters and unless you are prepared to drop an enormous amount of time into the game, you will find that it is a monotonous gear grind at max level that doesn't feel rewarding enough. All in all, Dungeon Defenders is a wonderful game; if you have enough players/friends, but otherwise does not have enough to offer those who don't. Expand
  30. Dec 24, 2012
    I'm a huge fan of Trendy Entertainment's criminally underrated Tower Defence/RPG mash-up, Dungeon Defenders. It is pretty good on iOS devices, but it truly shines on PS3 and 360. Gorgeous Unreal Engine 3 powered graphics, absurdly addictive levelling, and some properly entertaining co-op hack'n slashing all add up to one of my favourite new IP's of the year. But with it not *really*I'm a huge fan of Trendy Entertainment's criminally underrated Tower Defence/RPG mash-up, Dungeon Defenders. It is pretty good on iOS devices, but it truly shines on PS3 and 360. Gorgeous Unreal Engine 3 powered graphics, absurdly addictive levelling, and some properly entertaining co-op hack'n slashing all add up to one of my favourite new IP's of the year. But with it not *really* clicking with the iPad's buttonless interface, I was almost foaming at the mouth at the prospect of finally being able to play Dungeon Defenders on the go with the planned Playstation Vita port. However, that has now been canned, and I'm absolutely gutted. Seriously, I'm devastated. That's how much this fabulous little game has me hooked. It isn't perfect, far from it in fact, but I for one utterly adore it. If Trendy are listening, and if it is viable in any possible way, please, PLEASE bring this wonderful game to Vita. In fact, with it's dual screens, it'd work equally well - if not better - on Nintendo's 3DS. Either way, I need the definitive version of Dungeon Defenders in handheld form. Please, someone, anyone, make it so! Expand
  31. Dec 23, 2012

32. Dec 16, 2012
    Dungeon Defenders is an overly unique game. Its mixture of Tower defense, Action RPG really work with each other. It allows you to go full Tower defense or full action or anywhere in between, it is totally your choice who you play. With hundreds of different weapons, armours and pets and then hundreds of version of those different Weps, Armours and pets, the possibilities are endless.
  33. Dec 13, 2012
    A really engaging and active tower defense game. While you don't get many toys to play with (5 "towers" per character plus 2 skills), the character depth comes from how you upgrade your stats. Most of the difficulty comes from tower placement and is easier to read than most tower defense games. Thankfully since there are fewer turrets than normal when you lose a map you aren't leftA really engaging and active tower defense game. While you don't get many toys to play with (5 "towers" per character plus 2 skills), the character depth comes from how you upgrade your stats. Most of the difficulty comes from tower placement and is easier to read than most tower defense games. Thankfully since there are fewer turrets than normal when you lose a map you aren't left thinking "should I have used the flamethrower turret or the spinning blades?" Although it seems simple/boring at first, there is always something to do on later maps; whether you are upgrading/replacing/repairing turrets or tanking/sniping/aoeing waves of mobs down, everyone is always doing something. I would recommend this over similar titles because of the large amount of maps, diversity of game modes, hero flexibility and customization, and non-rage inducing difficulty. Expand
  34. Nov 30, 2012
    As a fan of tower defense, being able to play in action RPG view instead of bird's-eye view, for the first time I feel I am really contributing effort to the defense. I had most fun in the online co-op mode and enjoyed very much for some time. Sadly, the game then becomes repetitive grindfest and that's when the fun diminishes. Still, it is worth playing.
  35. Nov 6, 2012
    Fans of hybrid RPGs will rejoice. This is a tower defense game, where enemies will spawn in waves from various points on the map and try to defeat you. The twist here is that all of the "towers" are RPG party members who have classes, gain experience, skills, and can be equipped with gear. This makes for a very nice blend of styles that plays like a strategy RPG. There are 6 classes ofFans of hybrid RPGs will rejoice. This is a tower defense game, where enemies will spawn in waves from various points on the map and try to defeat you. The twist here is that all of the "towers" are RPG party members who have classes, gain experience, skills, and can be equipped with gear. This makes for a very nice blend of styles that plays like a strategy RPG. There are 6 classes of characters and up to 6 of each type can be recruited which make for pretty big battles. As the story progresses you will move across the world map with new encounters and towns to be opened up. The battles aren't overly difficult on normal, and give money and unique gear rewards for beating them on advanced and extreme. This encourages the player to go back through the battles every so often for the sweet prizes. The story is light, humorous and never takes itself too seriously. The graphics and sound are rather basic but the artwork on the cut scenes stand out. I highly recommend this indie game for anyone who enjoys SRPGs or interesting RPG hybrids. Expand
  36. Nov 3, 2012
    Back in Nov' 2011 DunDef was a great game. By Jan 2012 it became a good game. By March 2012 it became a decent game. By mid-April 2012 it became an okay-ish game. By June 2012 it became a poor game. By August 2012 it wasn't even a game coz a horde of DLC-zombies took over! Now they are just milking customers from DLCs.

I guess that about sums it up. I've played more than 500 hours of

I guess that about sums it up. I've played more than 500 hours of DunDef, I know the game mechanics and every single thing in this game. I literally stopped playing the game after couple of updates in March, it literally broke the game for those who have been playing since day 1. So then couple of months back I thought I'd give it 1 more try to see what's new and what's remained of the original DunDef. I wasn't surprised upon seeing the awful lot of DLCs out there and god what not in game.

Anyways, If you like Tower Defense and games like that, I would still suggest you to buy DunDef, coz it's a good game avoid the DLCs and you are good! Just literally avoid them, it'll hamper your experience a lot.
  37. Oct 16, 2012
    I really hate this game. Boring and repetitive gameplay makes the game no fun at all and the 200 DLCs show what the game developers really want: your money. I regret paying even 3 bucks for the game, its just horrible.
  38. Sep 13, 2012
    Dungeon Defenders is the sort of game you buy on the Xbox, enjoy and then find out its so much better on pc... So you buy it again, well i did anyway. The tower defence is fun and challenging and the RPG elements are just fantastic you will be playing this game for months trying to get to a high enough level to beat the DLC, which adds so much to the game. The only issues i found is thatDungeon Defenders is the sort of game you buy on the Xbox, enjoy and then find out its so much better on pc... So you buy it again, well i did anyway. The tower defence is fun and challenging and the RPG elements are just fantastic you will be playing this game for months trying to get to a high enough level to beat the DLC, which adds so much to the game. The only issues i found is that it feels you need a few more levels and that you NEED friends to help if you want to complete some levels fully. Apart from some issues i had joining my friends game every so often this is a MUST buy from Trendy. Expand
  39. Sep 12, 2012
    Man I loved this game, I even liked it better than that 3 hour lasting **** Sanctum. This game has great gameplay, and even the graphics are good, good enough to be displayed on my **** laptop. Only minor drawbacks is the truckloads of DLCs, but the DLCs are quite useful. Highly recommended.
  40. Jul 12, 2012
    So I bought this one long after release so no patch issues, game issues etc. So far I've played to level 15 around 4 hours of game time with various characters with various friends. I think the appeal for me is the pick and play style of the multi-player - people can join and hook up when they are on and you can get very tactical and have lots of fun at the same time. I think this gameSo I bought this one long after release so no patch issues, game issues etc. So far I've played to level 15 around 4 hours of game time with various characters with various friends. I think the appeal for me is the pick and play style of the multi-player - people can join and hook up when they are on and you can get very tactical and have lots of fun at the same time. I think this game needs a few friends who wanna pitch in as solo seems a little too hard (on normal) with out support - or maybe i just need a more advanced character. If you want a grind and loot game why not this one!! It doesn't require online all the time and its quirky, cartooney and co-op mode is great fun. There is also free maps and mods, plus DLC (if your inclined too) so its a game that should last a decent length of time. Expand
  41. Jul 6, 2012
    Sure enough, the base game is cheap. If you want to access most of the game however, then be prepared to dish out A LOT more money. Furthermore, with the introduction of just as many new classes as originals the game is turning into, quite frankly, a cluster-F.

The beauty of it was originally was that every class played a role in the puzzle. Let me put it this way, you've got a real nice pizza with 4 key ingredients, then out of nowhere a **** ton more of ingredients are introduced and you're really not quite sure where they fit into the mix, and some ingredients are just outright inbalanced compared to the others.
  42. Jun 28, 2012
    An odd ball game, depending on the patch it could be more of a tower defense game or more fps. Good itemization (better than Diablo 3). Its best played without the dlc imo, when they started introducing all the extra maps the game lost its impetus. Also the connections can be extremely frustrating. Still lots of people playing, still heaps of fun. If you like games with GOOD itemisationAn odd ball game, depending on the patch it could be more of a tower defense game or more fps. Good itemization (better than Diablo 3). Its best played without the dlc imo, when they started introducing all the extra maps the game lost its impetus. Also the connections can be extremely frustrating. Still lots of people playing, still heaps of fun. If you like games with GOOD itemisation and are looking for something tower defense'ish you should try this. Expand
  43. Jun 25, 2012
    I love this game, its is one of my favourite games I've played about 400hrs on it, and with the new DLC characters and maps to download it keeps getting better. The game started of a bit slow because of the low levels you were facing it was a little hard to level, but by the time you get to the extra level after the campaign it was much easier to level as you could level with friends andI love this game, its is one of my favourite games I've played about 400hrs on it, and with the new DLC characters and maps to download it keeps getting better. The game started of a bit slow because of the low levels you were facing it was a little hard to level, but by the time you get to the extra level after the campaign it was much easier to level as you could level with friends and other higher levels people to help you level. With an multitude of challengers and new campaign levels as well as the Quest for the Eternia Shard levels I can't wait for the 4th level the Sky level it should be awesome as this game has been. As i only really paid $3.75 in a steam sale to get this game this is by far the cheapest and worthy of being one of my favourite games Expand
  44. Jun 24, 2012
    Well, this game was actually not that bad. When you are starting out, it is a really fun challenge and reminds me of a lot of other tower defenses that were really fun. That's about where it stops. When you get to high levels, you basically have to play on Insane difficulty or else you will beat the level in 4 minutes. Also, as some other people have said, if a high level joins your game,Well, this game was actually not that bad. When you are starting out, it is a really fun challenge and reminds me of a lot of other tower defenses that were really fun. That's about where it stops. When you get to high levels, you basically have to play on Insane difficulty or else you will beat the level in 4 minutes. Also, as some other people have said, if a high level joins your game, the fun level drastically goes down. Overall, this game had really good potential but fell flat. Expand
  45. May 29, 2012
    This game has been such a disappointment! It felt so good when I first played it, I could not even believe that a cartoonish game lie that could be actually THAT good. But after a while, I realized what the game was all about: I thought it was about strategy, about skill, about cooperation with your team. I had thought that, but then I realized it was all about grinding and spending moreThis game has been such a disappointment! It felt so good when I first played it, I could not even believe that a cartoonish game lie that could be actually THAT good. But after a while, I realized what the game was all about: I thought it was about strategy, about skill, about cooperation with your team. I had thought that, but then I realized it was all about grinding and spending more money on DLCs. It was so easy to bring a new character to max level - you could it in one day - but then you had to grind like hell to get new gear. And when I say "grind like hell," I mean you have to start survivals that last more than 3 hours of repetitive gameplay. It was so boring that I ended up buying my gear through paypal (other users make money by grinding and selling the gear). Man, what can I say? I was wasting my money to buy gear I didn't know what to do with anymore. At that point, the game became so boring that it wasn't worth playing anymore. So I ended up selling all my gear and quitting. And this is only one aspect of the game. I don't really wanna talk about the infinite DLCs and the servers constantly crashing in the middle of a 3 hours survival and and the items in your inventory disappearing because of problems with the servers - I don't even want to talk about it! Expand
  46. May 27, 2012
    This game is very fun and will get you many hours of gameplay. Plenty of loot and a nice leveling system. Worth the very small amount of money spent on it after I got it off a steam sale.
  47. May 24, 2012
    Fun gameplay. But I don't want to rate this high because: 1. It updates VERY often 2.You get no achievements while playing in local mode. Otherwise it is a pretty fun game that keeps you entertained over 20hours.
  48. May 5, 2012
    It's alright. Colorful graphics and animations but not much room for creative strategizing. Feels very repetitive and linear. Plenty of gear to choke on but the game mechanics get tiring after only a few hours of play. I suppose it's worth 10 bucks. But barely.
  49. Apr 28, 2012
    Its a great game to play, teaming up with friends family or just anyone! Defending a crystal and setting up defenses. Different levels of difficulty makes for a fun and challenging experience.
  50. Apr 22, 2012
    A properly underrated game, I'm surprised not more people have this game, which is a shame because it's really a game to play with your friends. It still manages to be fun on your own though. It's fantastic, really. All the characters are unique and none of them play the same at all. The music is great, the art style is fun and the gameplay is tops, I really can't think of anything wrongA properly underrated game, I'm surprised not more people have this game, which is a shame because it's really a game to play with your friends. It still manages to be fun on your own though. It's fantastic, really. All the characters are unique and none of them play the same at all. The music is great, the art style is fun and the gameplay is tops, I really can't think of anything wrong with it off the top of my head. It's a steal at whatever price it is, and even more if it's on sale. DLC is being made all the time, it's great to see they're still working on it, which means you'll always have something to do, there's no "Oh well I finished everything, now what?" Buy this game. Expand
  51. Apr 22, 2012
    This game is a mess. It has awkward, clunky controls, sluggish gameplay, and a grindfest feel to the action (and not in a good way). For me, the "fun factor" for this game just isn't there. I do find the blend of action and tower defense elements to be intriguing, and I like the idea of this game, but actually playing it was a disappointment for me.
  52. Apr 16, 2012
    Dungeon Defenders starts off strong and it is quite enjoyable. Unfortunately the game doesn't stay the course and quickly degenerates into mindless grinding for XP and gear. It sadly became a standard to set up my defenses, ready up and walk away from my computer for 20min to let the game grind itself. This is by no means helped by the frequent and often conflicting patches thatDungeon Defenders starts off strong and it is quite enjoyable. Unfortunately the game doesn't stay the course and quickly degenerates into mindless grinding for XP and gear. It sadly became a standard to set up my defenses, ready up and walk away from my computer for 20min to let the game grind itself. This is by no means helped by the frequent and often conflicting patches that continually "re balance" the game.

I personally found the DLC to be less than satisfactory not in quality but in content Vs price.

Ultimately one of the few games that I have purchased that while fun at first, I have actually come to regret.
  53. Apr 14, 2012
    Entertaining and good looking game, but the fact that Trendy is making at least 3 DLC monthly is boring me... seriously, if you wanted to do that better put the game F2P.
  54. Apr 6, 2012
    Everyone who loves Tower Defense knows good TD games are few and far between. Personally, I've been getting my fill on Starcraft 2 custom maps; I have played many other TD games: Defense Grid, Plants VS Zombies, Sanctum, Orcs Must Die, and a few others.

Dungeon Defenders is, basically, TD + Action RPG - somewhat like Sanctum was TD + FPS. If you enjoy Action RPG, and TD, this will be the

If you enjoy Action RPG, and TD, this will be the perfect game for you. You slaughter tons of mobs, there's tons of strategy and very deep customization, and it all looks great!

Enjoy!
  55. Mar 30, 2012
    Dungeon Defenders is a fantastic coop experience. Rich in rewards and addictive game play. This game, for all intents and purposes, is not meant to be played on your own. The sooner the gamer realizes this and adopts playing with others the sooner they receive the full value of the game. I would have given this game a 10 however as other reviews, whom in my opinion are to harsh in theirDungeon Defenders is a fantastic coop experience. Rich in rewards and addictive game play. This game, for all intents and purposes, is not meant to be played on your own. The sooner the gamer realizes this and adopts playing with others the sooner they receive the full value of the game. I would have given this game a 10 however as other reviews, whom in my opinion are to harsh in their penalty for server issues, have pointed out there have been connectivity issues that are somewhat frustrating. However for the $$ value and the fun factor I'd definitely recommend this game to others. Expand
  56. Mar 18, 2012
    This game may seem childish and simplistic, but it's far from that. Dungeon Defenders is really challenging and boasts action and strategy for both single and multiplayer. It also has good RPG elements where the player can expand on their character whether it be powerful attacks, high stamina or boosting the stats of structures. It all works very well together and is tons of fun to play,This game may seem childish and simplistic, but it's far from that. Dungeon Defenders is really challenging and boasts action and strategy for both single and multiplayer. It also has good RPG elements where the player can expand on their character whether it be powerful attacks, high stamina or boosting the stats of structures. It all works very well together and is tons of fun to play, but there are a few hiccups. One of which is lag and disconnection which isn't regular, but does effect the gameplay a lot especially when working as a team. Also, this game doesn't push the boundaries of graphics for high spec PCs. Overall this game is a very fun, challenging and has a lot of replayability. Expand
  57. Mar 16, 2012
    Starts out as a relatively entertaining experience but quickly grows stale and repetitive. Highly consolized control scheme (no mouse pointer) and simplistic combat (only two offensive abilities). On the plus side I admired the art style and it feels gratifying to complete a level on Hard. Overall worth the $3.74 it cost on Steam over the Holiday Sale.
  58. Mar 9, 2012
    This game is really hard to judge it fair. On the one side i had a lot of fun with it and some friends. On the other hand it still has some issues. Positive first, it is a rare combination of Gameplay and was done with a lot of love. After a while you get rly item focused and hope to get a new better weapon or armor (bit like good old Diablo). Negative: After a while the gameplay getsThis game is really hard to judge it fair. On the one side i had a lot of fun with it and some friends. On the other hand it still has some issues. Positive first, it is a rare combination of Gameplay and was done with a lot of love. After a while you get rly item focused and hope to get a new better weapon or armor (bit like good old Diablo). Negative: After a while the gameplay gets dull. The PvP is boring (for me) and the challenges are all done. Also you found everything you needed. Also the mass of DLC is a big issue for new players who did not got some of it on release day for free. Today I would not buy it again. Expand
  59. Feb 29, 2012
    Broken beyond play-ability, from crashes, to lag, to freezing on and off, to network disconnects, it has them all and it makes it unplayable.
    Tons of DLC to try shaking-down you of your money, from character skins to levels, this game will cost you a fortune if you want the whole thing.
    Little replay-ability, it's depth is that of a flash tower defence game, very little depth means you'll get bored of it fast.

This game is a prime example of today's incredibly low standards, what happens to good game journalism.
  60. Feb 27, 2012
    This came out around the same time as orcs must die, and while I think orcs is a superior core game. This game has excellently integrated multiplayer that really is why you should play. If you do have 3-4 people you can play this with - then it is a excellent game. It's major downfall - for me, is that it's feature light. And even if you spend 3 times the games original price on dlc - itThis came out around the same time as orcs must die, and while I think orcs is a superior core game. This game has excellently integrated multiplayer that really is why you should play. If you do have 3-4 people you can play this with - then it is a excellent game. It's major downfall - for me, is that it's feature light. And even if you spend 3 times the games original price on dlc - it will still lead to you playing the same maps over and over with the same limited traps. The loot, and leveling encourages you to grind away at this game - however it get's repetitive. It's still a top game that will become better and better as more content is released. I feel a fuller featured sequel could be exactly what this game needs to go from great - to fantastic. Expand
  61. Feb 27, 2012
    Great game! A perfect game on a weekend to play with your friends! Have been playing for 60+ hour and i i'm still enjoying the game. Maybe We will see some new maps in a near future. Thumbs up Trendy Entertainment! With best regards Nolasion
  62. Feb 20, 2012
    Dungeon defenders is a great game for people who like tower defense and role playing game, so it's automatically a good game in my opinion. this game is also EXTREMELY addicting, and i honestly love this game. the only thing i can think of as a negative is that if you want all the bonus levels, it costs a little more, but its worth it.
  63. Feb 12, 2012
    Recently the developers are using it's paying customers as beta testers. If you want to be a beta tester for this game be sure to expect lots of broken game mechanics that are re-broken every few months in constant failures to achieve balance. The balance attempts in this game are implemented so poorly that it the "shift of power" has rolled in a complete 360 since the game started, WithRecently the developers are using it's paying customers as beta testers. If you want to be a beta tester for this game be sure to expect lots of broken game mechanics that are re-broken every few months in constant failures to achieve balance. The balance attempts in this game are implemented so poorly that it the "shift of power" has rolled in a complete 360 since the game started, With no hint of real balance in site. I would love this game to pieces if this issue was resolved but instead it's just a struggle to find some form of entertainment value for a few months before it is broken by the inevitable balance failures.

If you love the game and want to beta test it for the developers while they charge you $ for the privilege, this is the game for you!

In all seriousness if you don't like an incomplete game don't even spend the time with this one. I am hopeful Dungeon Defenders 2 is in the works because version 1 is a failboat with failboat "fixes" and this is after 750 hours of actual game play that I would take back in a heartbeat.

Don't get sucked in! THE CAKE IS A LIE!
  64. Feb 10, 2012
    It was a pretty fun game for a while, I very much enjoyed the first ~10 hours or so into the game. Playing with friends for a while was a ton of fun, everything flowed pretty well, and it was a unique twist on the tower defence genre. My big problem with it is how repetitive and grindy it became after the first while of fun. Once you've played through everything a few times with a fewIt was a pretty fun game for a while, I very much enjoyed the first ~10 hours or so into the game. Playing with friends for a while was a ton of fun, everything flowed pretty well, and it was a unique twist on the tower defence genre. My big problem with it is how repetitive and grindy it became after the first while of fun. Once you've played through everything a few times with a few characters, you're just grinding levels for more loot to do more of the same levels to get even more loot etc... It really sucked the fun out of it for me. The other big problem I had was the fact you needed to play on their servers, which crashed multiple times. Which meant you lost everything you had going, which was extremely frustrating if you were doing something hard and/or got something good. It was definitely fun for a while, and was worth picking up for a few bucks on a steam sale, but it just isn't fun once you've done it all a few times. Expand
  65. Feb 6, 2012
    This game had everything to be the perfect blend of tower defense + rpg game, but they do balance patching every week that aims at hardcore players, because of that the game is full of item grinding, requires perfect strategy for every level on the highest difficulty and everytime you find a new strategy that beats most levels, they nerf it on the next week.

I have 300+ hours played on

I have 300+ hours played on this game and still didn't finish the hardest levels, the game has such a high difficulty that makes you grind the same levels 40-50 times to be able to beat the next one. Just to farm mana for upgrading your items or farming until you drop the good items from the levels you are able to do. Also **** Survival Mode, the only way to get the best items in the game, takes 5 hours each time and is extremely boring.

They also release lots of paid dlc, what's worst about that is that all the best items / characters come from dlc, recently they made a dlc called Assault Map Pack, which is a Dungeon Assault only with Hero Character Maps. The thing is the old characters are almost useless on this map, for you to be able to do it successfully on the highest difficulties you would need to buy the Barbarian Hero DLC Pack, which is extremely tanky and has many abilities that are useful on those maps.

So they sell power through DLC and keep rising the difficulty so only the most hardcore players are able to beat it. It's not worth your time, I can't even believe I wasted 300 hours on this.
  66. Feb 6, 2012
    If you don't like grinding, and you're the "skill over gear" type, you better look somewhere else, because DD is all about grinding gear and money to upgrade it. Its basically a combination of tower defense and MMO. Its worth to note there are more "AFK shops" than actual game rooms with playing people, even though PvP exists, its virtually dead since there is no rewards for itIf you don't like grinding, and you're the "skill over gear" type, you better look somewhere else, because DD is all about grinding gear and money to upgrade it. Its basically a combination of tower defense and MMO. Its worth to note there are more "AFK shops" than actual game rooms with playing people, even though PvP exists, its virtually dead since there is no rewards for it whatsoever. Another problem is that If you dont have level cap and insanely good gear, you will just get kicked from most rooms, so prepare to play singleplayer for a while. The cartooney artstyle is also something that might not suit everyone's taste. But if you can get past all that, the game is very addicting and enjoyable, its definetly worth recommending, its just not for everyone.â Expand
  67. Feb 1, 2012
    A fun and addictive game. New content are added very frequently, only drawback is that they are usually all classified as dlc and needs extra payment.
    The holiday events are very good as well. This game is a good fps tower defense with a lot of potential.
  68. Jan 31, 2012
    THE HORROR! This game is horrible. It's the worst game of 2011 and the biggest scam in the industry that I've been exposed to. It's hard for me to believe that anybody plays this thing. And it's being ported to... everything. Why?

1) Really bad UI - everything is overlapping, some words are streached beyond the display range, unreadable. 2) Really bad gameplay design - gathering money in

2) Really bad gameplay design - gathering money in order to place turrets means in practice going up and down for 20 min just to be killed afterwards and start over again?! wtf?!
    3) Really bad mechanic/usability - there are buttons for jumping and rotating camera (on iOS even for zooming even though everyone knows the gesture...). That's confusing and even more overcrowds the HUD.
  69. Jan 28, 2012
    This game is the worst piece of crap I have ever played. As a tower defense, it lacks any strategy. As an RPG it lacks character development, depth, and mechanical diversity. As a co-op game it lacks player interaction, while still somehow allowing for as much griefing as possible. The controls are awkward and lose, the art is ugly, the interface is exceptionally unintuitive and the wholeThis game is the worst piece of crap I have ever played. As a tower defense, it lacks any strategy. As an RPG it lacks character development, depth, and mechanical diversity. As a co-op game it lacks player interaction, while still somehow allowing for as much griefing as possible. The controls are awkward and lose, the art is ugly, the interface is exceptionally unintuitive and the whole game feels like an attempt to stuff as much crap stolen from other popular games as possible in. Seriously, don't waste your money. Expand
  70. Jan 26, 2012
    I had high hopes for this game, and never have my hopes been so crushed as to the night i fired up Dungeon Defenders with my GF. We were having such a good night, only to have it crushed by this joke of a game. I really wanted to like it, but in the end, it's nothing but a bland piece of imbred bore sh!t. It's boring, it's unbalanced, it's NOT a tower defense game by any means. The longerI had high hopes for this game, and never have my hopes been so crushed as to the night i fired up Dungeon Defenders with my GF. We were having such a good night, only to have it crushed by this joke of a game. I really wanted to like it, but in the end, it's nothing but a bland piece of imbred bore sh!t. It's boring, it's unbalanced, it's NOT a tower defense game by any means. The longer you play, the more you realize how ugly it is in every way. Don't waist your time. Go play Kingdom Rush (AKA the best tower defense game out there) for free on Armorgames.com. Expand
  71. Jan 22, 2012
    1st let me start with a background of myself that you would care about. I have the Steam Edition of Dungeon Defenders. 315 hours. Iâ
  72. Jan 21, 2012
    At first I was amazed. The graphics are great and the loot collecting and equipping is a lot of fun. However quite soon I got bored playing the game alone. It's still great fun as a multiplayer if you got a group of friends or you happen to get lucky and find a random group of good teamplayers.

However for me (as a single player gamer mainly) the game is 8/10, since it relies too much on multiplayer and doesn't have enough solo content to stay interesting for a lonely player.
  73. Jan 20, 2012
    I enjoyed this game my first few hours, and really had high hopes for it. It got pretty tedious rather quickly, and I was so bored I was doing the "leech exp" stuff I do in boring MMORPG's - going AFK to reap the benefits without doing the boring work.

Higher levels will join games and ruin any chance of a challenge, and most people will openly accept them since they're more loot-driven than anything. It's just not fun when one guy places one trap that can one-shot every mob the game throws at you.

Dungeon Defenders is a great idea in theory, but in practice it falls short of what it sounds like it should be. If you want to enjoy this game, you're better off playing with one or two friends who are similar level, which kind of makes the whole persistent MMO experience irrelevant.
  74. Jan 15, 2012
    The game were good at the start. But the something happened that made me create this account and write this negative review. After spending too much time maxing all available characters, harvesting too much good gear, maxing all achievements, something happened. The scaling of the game were useless, I had to spend at least 15 h to even get to the "good" items and to finally get someThe game were good at the start. But the something happened that made me create this account and write this negative review. After spending too much time maxing all available characters, harvesting too much good gear, maxing all achievements, something happened. The scaling of the game were useless, I had to spend at least 15 h to even get to the "good" items and to finally get some "challenge" in the defending, and the HARDEST part was really not to loose connection to trendynet during this time --> having to start over. ...In the meantime new DLC:s were spit out faster then i could change my underwear, trying to keep you busy not thinking about the fact that the scaling were so bad. THEN ONE DAY after 200 H game play: I changed from window-mode to full-screen mode --> the game crashed and all my progress were gone. ALL heroes GONE, all items, all mana, EVERYTHING. I've tried countless of ways to contact the developers, no one have responded. ALL i can say, it's a great idea, with too many flaws, not worth spending any time on. Expand
  75. Jan 12, 2012
    It started out promising, then unfortunatly, due to a crapton of new company mistakes, it turned into a very poor game, it needs a wipe, badly, there were too many chances to get overpowered gear that only lasted a night, thanks to VERY poor patch testing. They're only good about fixing patches half the time, the other half they make it catastrophically worse. Not to mention it relies onIt started out promising, then unfortunatly, due to a crapton of new company mistakes, it turned into a very poor game, it needs a wipe, badly, there were too many chances to get overpowered gear that only lasted a night, thanks to VERY poor patch testing. They're only good about fixing patches half the time, the other half they make it catastrophically worse. Not to mention it relies on spamming a game mode that currently is boring as all **** even stated by the developer that he hates it as well, but they do nothing to fix it. And on that matter, it relies on like, 3 different servers to be up at once in order to play, which brings forth a whole new bundle of unreliability. Avoid this game, until either Trendy learns from their mistakes, or until the game is sold to a different company. Expand
  76. Jan 11, 2012
    This game is great. Reason? There are not many games which are a mix of tower defense and FPS. Its good to play with freinds and its fun to level up, upgrade and collect gear.
  77. Jan 10, 2012
    There are a few other games out there that combine tower defense with fps gameplay but this is the best of the lot so far. Cooperative gameplay is a great addition. Scaling difficulty and loot system greatly increase replayability. Only (small) complaint is that the graphics are a little too cartoony for my tastes but that is easily overlooked in a game this fun and challenging. HighlyThere are a few other games out there that combine tower defense with fps gameplay but this is the best of the lot so far. Cooperative gameplay is a great addition. Scaling difficulty and loot system greatly increase replayability. Only (small) complaint is that the graphics are a little too cartoony for my tastes but that is easily overlooked in a game this fun and challenging. Highly recommended! Expand
  78. Jan 8, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Apesar de ser um jogo simples, Dugeons defender conta com atualizações constantes assim possibilitano aos jogadores novos mapas. Com uma variedade de personagens e habilidades distintas o jogo se torna ainda mais viciante, fazendo com que o usuario fique preso ao jogo tentando evoluir seus personagens e adquirir novas armas, equipamentos.... que são uma infinidade. Recomendo o jogo ! Expand
  79. Jan 6, 2012
    Had a ton of fun for a solid 3 days straight.... only to have all of my characters deleted due to poor ranked and local setup, the ranked and unranked is not user friendly and options are poorly explained.... so sick of lazy developers, enjoy trendy.... won't get another dime from me.
  80. Jan 2, 2012
    Excellent combination of Action, RPG & Tower Defense. It is cross platform, has online & local co-op, open & ranked play & mod support. I love how there is a lot of flexibility with items, pets & leveling but it is not overly complex or time consuming to manage. Only major down side is it might get a little repetitive after playing all the maps & modes but so far they have beenExcellent combination of Action, RPG & Tower Defense. It is cross platform, has online & local co-op, open & ranked play & mod support. I love how there is a lot of flexibility with items, pets & leveling but it is not overly complex or time consuming to manage. Only major down side is it might get a little repetitive after playing all the maps & modes but so far they have been consistently adding more content (some of it free). This game is great for modding or learning game development as all game-play code & source content ship with the PC version. It uses the Unreal Development Kit.

It was a little buggy when first released but I received excellent customer service when I contacted them. The developers were quick to fix the bugs and I have not had any issues for a while now.
  81. Dec 30, 2011
    While I initially rated this game poorly for instability issues post-Steam sale, I've been able to go back and truly appreciate the quality of this game now that the stability issues have been fixed for the most part. The game is highly enjoyable with a group of friends and I'll admit that I've spent the better part of December playing this game.

While the stability issues are still a

While the stability issues are still a concern in terms of quality, the gameplay is incredibly addicting. Revising my score to a 7
  82. Dec 29, 2011
    A fairly difficult but easy to learn TD game, this has to be one of the funnest games I've played with my friends in a long time. For those looking for a comparison, this game is basically Orcs Must Die! that focuses more on multiplayer. The setup is basically the same as Orcs with the same 3rd person over the shoulder viewpoint and if you liked the setup for Orcs, you'll like this game.A fairly difficult but easy to learn TD game, this has to be one of the funnest games I've played with my friends in a long time. For those looking for a comparison, this game is basically Orcs Must Die! that focuses more on multiplayer. The setup is basically the same as Orcs with the same 3rd person over the shoulder viewpoint and if you liked the setup for Orcs, you'll like this game. However the leveling aspect can turn a few people off and you really do have to grind for a few level to get very far into the game if you want to play any of the levels on a difficulty higher than normal. I personally enjoyed this game more than Orcs because of the amount of time you can put into your character to make it yours and the fact that you can play with your friends at any time. The only issue I have with the online aspect is that you can't earn Steam Achievements if you want to either play in a lan party or on a public server. You have to play on Trendy's special servers, meaning you have to play online, to get any and all of these achievements. And not being able to save mid battle can cause some issues if you dc or have to quit for some reason. Still, this is one of the better games I've played in a long time and my personal preference over any other TD game out there and you'd be hard pressed to find a better one, if you like playing with your friends. Expand
  83. Dec 21, 2011
    Good game, but absolutely ruined by the constant patching. Trendy seems to be more interested in making a buck than anything else. You have to put some serious time in this game to be any good at all, and once you get a good item, they nerf it. They constantly nerf abilities too. Or put new content in a paid DLC that you need to just do the old levels because the new patch nerfs allGood game, but absolutely ruined by the constant patching. Trendy seems to be more interested in making a buck than anything else. You have to put some serious time in this game to be any good at all, and once you get a good item, they nerf it. They constantly nerf abilities too. Or put new content in a paid DLC that you need to just do the old levels because the new patch nerfs all your existing gear/abilities. So one day you log in, and can actually win a few levels, next day you log in and you can't beat anything. Unless you're a kid with nothing but free time and hundreds (yes, hundreds, not an exaggeration) of hours to waste on this game, I highly recommend that you don't bother with it. Sad too, because it really is fun at its core. Expand
  84. Dec 19, 2011
    At first Dungeon Defenders is a good game and you'll feel good about your accomplishments. After playing it for a while, you notice that the whole game starts to be about grinding. Grinding, grinding, grinding. After 20 hours of grinding you get you first char to the level cap and at that point you'll get bored to that class and you start playing another. The same happens over again. OnlyAt first Dungeon Defenders is a good game and you'll feel good about your accomplishments. After playing it for a while, you notice that the whole game starts to be about grinding. Grinding, grinding, grinding. After 20 hours of grinding you get you first char to the level cap and at that point you'll get bored to that class and you start playing another. The same happens over again. Only then when you have all your chars at level cap and have great gear, the game becomes much fun. Actually only if you have high leveled friends... Well playing with your friends is fun. There's alot of hard challenges and trying to complete the game with all maps done on insane is hard-ish. Well overall the game has nice candy-graphics, boring grinding, fun end-game and nice multiplayer. It's cheap, just try it out, it wont cost your wallet too much. Expand
  85. Dec 17, 2011
    It is an amazingly good game, and i love it all the more. It takes Days to get all the achievements and get your chars, and then your blown away by the multiplayer system. It contains 'ok' servers, with some crashes and bugs. It constantly releases new content which some you pay for, some you don't. I find the DLC hard to keep on top on if you have small monthly pocket money or jobIt is an amazingly good game, and i love it all the more. It takes Days to get all the achievements and get your chars, and then your blown away by the multiplayer system. It contains 'ok' servers, with some crashes and bugs. It constantly releases new content which some you pay for, some you don't. I find the DLC hard to keep on top on if you have small monthly pocket money or job earnings. The cartoony feel compliments the whole idea of ' Crystals here Monsters there Defend now!' Typically it has the normal character types, and then they added new ripoff ones on top of those in some dlc. How innovative! Altogether i would call this a fairly good game, just keep the DLC down please. Expand
  86. Dec 15, 2011
    Dungeon Defenders is a great game. It's slow at first, but it really picks up into solid hours of really fun gameplay. Even when you get to the point of mostly grinding the same thing for better and better gear, you've already invested way more than enough time into the game to justify the price. Even then the grinding parts are still fun, and it's still a lot of fun to start newDungeon Defenders is a great game. It's slow at first, but it really picks up into solid hours of really fun gameplay. Even when you get to the point of mostly grinding the same thing for better and better gear, you've already invested way more than enough time into the game to justify the price. Even then the grinding parts are still fun, and it's still a lot of fun to start new characters and go through the campaign again. Because of those, this deserves a 10. Expand
  87. Dec 14, 2011
    An absolute blast with friends. It seems like an amalgamation of half a dozen other games yet unique. My friends and I found it a bit overwhelming at first though. Looking forward to seeing what these guys do next.
  88. Dec 12, 2011
    Please ignore review bombers. Trendy Entertainment has created a fantastic game that one can easily get a couple hundred hours of enjoyment out of. For the low price tag of the game (but it's starting to climb with DLC costs) you won't be disappointed. Trendy has great interaction with the community through their forums, and religiously patches their game with new content--sometimes to thePlease ignore review bombers. Trendy Entertainment has created a fantastic game that one can easily get a couple hundred hours of enjoyment out of. For the low price tag of the game (but it's starting to climb with DLC costs) you won't be disappointed. Trendy has great interaction with the community through their forums, and religiously patches their game with new content--sometimes to the point of overkill...

There ranked servers are very stable, but unfortunately they are at the mercy of the Steam servers, so this can provide complications if you set out to take on a 4+ hour task without reading server notices.

The game does have some small issues here and there, but with the random loot system implemented and insane challenge, falling in love with this game is inevitable; look at the screen shots, or in game footage to decide for yourself if it's the game for you.
  89. Dec 10, 2011
    Honestly a fantastic game, there is no other way to put it. Hits every right button and is incredibly gratifying, if you don't mind a bit of grinding here and there. Whenever I see a green item (An item better than the one I have equipped) I get giddy and run towards it excitedly. This game tailors to the RPG, Tower Defense, Hack and Slash and Loot Whoring aspects of me, and I never have aHonestly a fantastic game, there is no other way to put it. Hits every right button and is incredibly gratifying, if you don't mind a bit of grinding here and there. Whenever I see a green item (An item better than the one I have equipped) I get giddy and run towards it excitedly. This game tailors to the RPG, Tower Defense, Hack and Slash and Loot Whoring aspects of me, and I never have a dull moment playing it. If you have the money; buy it now. If you don't; get a friend to buy it. Trust me, you'll love it. Expand
  90. Dec 10, 2011
    Great game for just about anyone. Want to get a quick tower defense game in with some friends, no problem. Want to trudge it out on long survival modes to see how far you can go before being overrun, no problem. This game is addicting as it has something for everyone. There are 4 modes; easy, medium, hard, insane for the maps included in addition to having challenges for each map inGreat game for just about anyone. Want to get a quick tower defense game in with some friends, no problem. Want to trudge it out on long survival modes to see how far you can go before being overrun, no problem. This game is addicting as it has something for everyone. There are 4 modes; easy, medium, hard, insane for the maps included in addition to having challenges for each map in those same 4 modes. Expand
  91. Dec 9, 2011
    First of all I will say that Dungeon Defenders is 100 times better than Orcs Must Die, so if you are trying to decide between them, get Dungeon Defenders.

I will admit that when I first downloaded DD from Steam, I wasn't expecting much. The genre seemed strange as well as the visuals so I was a little weary. Within 5 minutes of actually playing the game, I was taken off my feet. True gamers who respect a game for what it is will fall in love with Dungeon Defenders. What I seemed to notice first was the quirky themes throughout the game. The graphics remind me of a mix between Sly cooper and Borderlands, which I thought suited this game perfectly. The boss fights are absolutely incredible and creative, I was blown away with every single one. A lot of people claim that you have to do a lot of grinding to get a high level but I never ran into this problem. As far as weapons go, I pretty sure there are millions of unique possibilities including rare "godly" weapons and armor. The character classes are equally balanced some perfectly compliment each other in online play, which is the best part of the game. So far there are 13 main quest maps and even more challenge maps including "Turkey Hunt" where you kill as many turkeys as you can to move on to the next round. I would even go so far as to say that dollar for dollar, Dungeon Defenders is better than Skyrim (you can quote me on that). If you don't buy this game, you are missing out on a landmark game in the genre.
  92. Dec 6, 2011
    If you love action packed RPGS and tower defences you have no excuse. This game combines them beautifully and makes a nice fun diversion that has proven to eat my time away. However, the graphics aren't the best. This game can be hard, and it can be easy. Your levels don't tell you what you can and can't do, you just have to have skill in this game. Combining defenses causes less damage toIf you love action packed RPGS and tower defences you have no excuse. This game combines them beautifully and makes a nice fun diversion that has proven to eat my time away. However, the graphics aren't the best. This game can be hard, and it can be easy. Your levels don't tell you what you can and can't do, you just have to have skill in this game. Combining defenses causes less damage to them, which means you don't have to repair 24/7. This is a amazing game, buy it. Expand
  93. Dec 5, 2011
    This could have been an excellent game. It had all the hallmarks of a great game. Sadly (and I imagine the current trend for MMORPGs had something to do with this), it features an unnecessarily extensive grind to get anywhere in it. I'd rather the higher difficulty levels were actually difficult, instead of just being tests of patience. The developers clearly wanted us to play for 50+This could have been an excellent game. It had all the hallmarks of a great game. Sadly (and I imagine the current trend for MMORPGs had something to do with this), it features an unnecessarily extensive grind to get anywhere in it. I'd rather the higher difficulty levels were actually difficult, instead of just being tests of patience. The developers clearly wanted us to play for 50+ hours in order to see everything this game has to offer, but if you were to play the game without repeating the same part more than once, there's less than 3 hours gameplay here. The rest is made up by grinding. Expand
  94. Dec 5, 2011
    This game is addictive. I think that that really sums it up, not since Diablo 2 have I been so engrossed. Its bright, the graphics are very good, the support team really listens to the forums and there is always some new feature and fun.
  95. Dec 4, 2011
    Don't buy this game. It is plagued with server issues that will cause you to disconnect after hours and hours of hard work in a game, and thereby cheats you of the reward you spent so much time to acquire. Seriously though, the game is setup so that getting end game loot means playing a single match for at LEAST 4 straight hours. Sometimes more. It is very common to disconnect after anDon't buy this game. It is plagued with server issues that will cause you to disconnect after hours and hours of hard work in a game, and thereby cheats you of the reward you spent so much time to acquire. Seriously though, the game is setup so that getting end game loot means playing a single match for at LEAST 4 straight hours. Sometimes more. It is very common to disconnect after an hour. I've tried to get finish the end game levels (Insane survival to wave 25) but everytime I get disconnected and very often the host gets disconnected. They are more concerned with making new paid DLC than fixing the issues that are making their game unplayable. DON'T BUY THIS GAME. Expand
  96. Dec 4, 2011
    Dungeon Defenders is full of pro's and con's. It's just hard to tell which category outweighs the other in this game. I'll start with the pro's. The game is cheap at £10. Gets updated regularly
    Gets DLC and free DLC regularly The game is frankly amazing if you are playing with your friends and if you have a full team of 4 then it's even better.
    Fairly well optimised to run on
    Fairly well optimised to run on most machines.

Now the con's

Constant disconnects from Trendynet (getting better but still not there)
    Don't consider playing this game on your own as it's poorly balanced and you wont be able to do any of the late game content without help.
    The general playerbase of the game are idiots, you join their server you get kicked 2 seconds later and this will happen for ages unless you have the amazing hacked items which a lot of people are running around with.
    Extremely poor forum support from Trendy. They generally ignore most queries from people and answer only the most straighforward questions from past experience.
    Servers can get very laggy during peak times.
    Typical UNREAL engine 3 bugs

So why only a 5? Wel the game really excels in about half of what it does but then it just gets ruined by the other half. The game is weak on single player and is a major grindfest to get anywhere and if you venture online you will be dealing with idiots, griefers, hackers or all of the above. However the game is amazing when you have your friends to play it or people you can trust to play the game properly and wont ninja your godly items.

So all in all. If you want a game to play with your mates then this is a brilliant game and worth the money. If you don't have anyone to play it with then you may suffer a tad when it comes to finding decent games.
  97. Nov 28, 2011
    The game is solid and fun for some time. It then gets repetitive and becomes grindfest 101. With the multitude of Trendynet server issues only unranked or solo mode is even worth playing. unless you want to put in 40 hours and then have your character suddenly get deleted. Oh and then comes Trendy's amazing idea of releasing DLC exclusively for ranked play. So even though you bought theThe game is solid and fun for some time. It then gets repetitive and becomes grindfest 101. With the multitude of Trendynet server issues only unranked or solo mode is even worth playing. unless you want to put in 40 hours and then have your character suddenly get deleted. Oh and then comes Trendy's amazing idea of releasing DLC exclusively for ranked play. So even though you bought the game you can't use the DLC or play in events. Unranked characters can not be used in ranked or vice versa. This game could have been so much better. Especially if Trendy didn't punish it's players for playing the game the way they want. Even if the game encourages you to do so. Oh and they openly encourage modding of the game but then have a zero tolerance policy on any sort of cheating or glitching. With your first offense resulting in a no warning permanent ban. That on top of the disconnects, constant lag, unbalanced play and random character deletion. Good luck Trendy, you need it. Expand
  98. Nov 24, 2011
    Dungeon Defender's' offline is nearly non-existent and while it's true there is a lot of grinding that's pretty much the entire point of the game and Trendy has no problem telling people that. The game is a lot of fun playing with friends, but **** are to be expected in public games. If you want a really fun online experience and don't mind grinding grab this on Steam. If you want anDungeon Defender's' offline is nearly non-existent and while it's true there is a lot of grinding that's pretty much the entire point of the game and Trendy has no problem telling people that. The game is a lot of fun playing with friends, but **** are to be expected in public games. If you want a really fun online experience and don't mind grinding grab this on Steam. If you want an offline game or don't want to use steam, buy something else. Expand
  99. Nov 19, 2011
    The game start of quite strong but has been patch 28 or so times since release, a fair few of those patches were to reverse other patches since they don't have a testing team. It was fine until the game turned into the worst grind ever, worse then any mmo or game i've seen, They added a patch to game after it had been out a few weeks, the patch added new gear to survival mode, the new gearThe game start of quite strong but has been patch 28 or so times since release, a fair few of those patches were to reverse other patches since they don't have a testing team. It was fine until the game turned into the worst grind ever, worse then any mmo or game i've seen, They added a patch to game after it had been out a few weeks, the patch added new gear to survival mode, the new gear had 2.5x better stats and upgrades then the old gear, making all previous gear useless, and the campaign and challenge modes useless, with the patch they made survival mode the only way to get the best gear and all the other modes still had the outdated gear, the same patch also doubled monster hitpoints for all modes.

Be warned it takes 6 hours to get upgrades to progress your character, that's 6 hours straight to reach the high survival waves. There's no save option and if steam disconnects, you have to start again. They made the most boring grindy unfun part of the game their end game. The leaderboards had 92 entrants on it previous to this change, a sure sign of how unpopular it was.

They have lost 3/4 of their usebase based on steam stats, yet they persist with their survival mode, It was unpopular for a reason small time dev, you took it as an insult and tried to force everyone to play it by adding overpowered loot to it, you've found out ppl don't like to be forced to do things :)
  100. Nov 18, 2011
    really impressed with this, bought it on a whim to kill a weekend and got addicted.
    it's an awesome mix of random loot, tower defense and third person action rpg.
    they patch the game all the time, have added free content, easily worth $15.
    multiplayer is a lot of fun too in my opinion.
  101. Oct 29, 2011
    A game that mixes overly simplistic action RPG Gameplay with tower defense sounds like a mess. It is. Dungeon Defenders is clunky, with awkward controls, a sub-par menus and a horrible inventory management system. The action is childish and the maps are poorly designed, with each map generally having a "one correct strategy" approach. As if this were not enough, this light-hearted,A game that mixes overly simplistic action RPG Gameplay with tower defense sounds like a mess. It is. Dungeon Defenders is clunky, with awkward controls, a sub-par menus and a horrible inventory management system. The action is childish and the maps are poorly designed, with each map generally having a "one correct strategy" approach. As if this were not enough, this light-hearted, colorful hybrid takes everything we do like about is unique blend of genres, and completely tosses it out the window every third level for the sake of some horrid, scripted boss fight that offers only one right way to defeat an overly dramatic, cartoon boss. Dungeon Defenders tried to be two different games, and the end result it that its not very good at either one of them.

1. Jul 30, 2012
    I may have initially been disappointed by the focus on online play, but these fears quickly passed as I discovered what an enjoyable game Dungeon Defenders is. 13 maps with 15-20 hours of play is a considerable amount of initial content, but the extra challenges and loot-hunting are what will keep you coming back. Working out strategies and tower placement is a great fun, and finally succeeding in your strategy is immensely satisfying. Some of the online features are a little rough, but if you enjoy a good tower defence game, then you should not miss this one.
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jan 20, 2012
    Catchy cooperative tower defense game with RPG elements – the more people play the more entertainment you get so try to avoid the single-player option. [Dec 2011]
  3. PC PowerPlay
    Jan 9, 2012
    This is a gem that deserves to march past your defences and into your game collection. [Jan 2012, p.62]