7.3

1. Oct 19, 2011
    Up-and-comers Trendy Entertainment are surely starting a trend with their premier title. Dungeon Defenders has already proven to be not only insanely fun, but also a progressive challenge. with each level, and wave for that matter, becoming more and more difficult, I am sure I will get hundreds of hours of gameplay from this title. Although it does lack more advanced graphic options (namely vertical sync) I love the colors and the general art design. I couldn't ask more from a veteran development team with a $50 dollar release price, let alone a first title from an indie developer for $15. I am impressed and excited see what Trendy has in its future. Expand
  2. Nov 28, 2011
    The game is solid and fun for some time. It then gets repetitive and becomes grindfest 101. With the multitude of Trendynet server issues only unranked or solo mode is even worth playing. unless you want to put in 40 hours and then have your character suddenly get deleted. Oh and then comes Trendy's amazing idea of releasing DLC exclusively for ranked play. So even though you bought the game you can't use the DLC or play in events. Unranked characters can not be used in ranked or vice versa. This game could have been so much better. Especially if Trendy didn't punish it's players for playing the game the way they want. Even if the game encourages you to do so. Oh and they openly encourage modding of the game but then have a zero tolerance policy on any sort of cheating or glitching. With your first offense resulting in a no warning permanent ban. That on top of the disconnects, constant lag, unbalanced play and random character deletion. Good luck Trendy, you need it. Expand
  3. Oct 29, 2011
    A game that mixes overly simplistic action RPG Gameplay with tower defense sounds like a mess. It is. Dungeon Defenders is clunky, with awkward controls, a sub-par menus and a horrible inventory management system. The action is childish and the maps are poorly designed, with each map generally having a "one correct strategy" approach. As if this were not enough, this light-hearted, colorful hybrid takes everything we do like about is unique blend of genres, and completely tosses it out the window every third level for the sake of some horrid, scripted boss fight that offers only one right way to defeat an overly dramatic, cartoon boss. Dungeon Defenders tried to be two different games, and the end result it that its not very good at either one of them.
  4. Nov 11, 2011
    I have been following this game for a while and am sad to say I was pretty disappointed with the final result. The art style is pretty amateurish & the gameplay is sluggish. The game somehow starts painfully slow but gives no indication of what to do. Oh well. I bought 4 copies on steam so maybe there next game will be better financed & a wee bit better.
  5. Nov 19, 2011
    The game start of quite strong but has been patch 28 or so times since release, a fair few of those patches were to reverse other patches since they don't have a testing team. It was fine until the game turned into the worst grind ever, worse then any mmo or game i've seen, They added a patch to game after it had been out a few weeks, the patch added new gear to survival mode, the new gear had 2.5x better stats and upgrades then the old gear, making all previous gear useless, and the campaign and challenge modes useless, with the patch they made survival mode the only way to get the best gear and all the other modes still had the outdated gear, the same patch also doubled monster hitpoints for all modes.

Be warned it takes 6 hours to get upgrades to progress your character, that's 6 hours straight to reach the high survival waves. There's no save option and if steam disconnects, you have to start again. They made the most boring grindy unfun part of the game their end game. The leaderboards had 92 entrants on it previous to this change, a sure sign of how unpopular it was.

They have lost 3/4 of their usebase based on steam stats, yet they persist with their survival mode, It was unpopular for a reason small time dev, you took it as an insult and tried to force everyone to play it by adding overpowered loot to it, you've found out ppl don't like to be forced to do things :)
  6. Oct 20, 2011
    This game is really good. Its a mix between Diablo & Tower Defence. Lots of loot and level up combined with the awesome and fun gameplay of tower defence. There was some launch issues but they seem to be solved now. Multiplayer is really fun and should be played this way. Single player is also very fun but if you only play SP you miss out on the great fun of MP.
  7. Nov 1, 2011
    I would like to point out some of the better attributes of this game before I go down my long list of cons. The game looks great and it runs pretty smooth even on lower end computers. Patches have been released pretty quickly so far and some nice DLC was released for free soon after the initial release.

Unfortunately this game is plagued by one problem after another, I'm not even sure
    where to begin so I will just list them.

-Some features, character classes specifically were released locked to be sold in a later DLC. This doesn't entirely bother me but I do know some people feel strongly about it.

-Frequent server disconnects.

-Rollbacks of your characters, sometimes complete loss.

-Missing pre-order content with no foreseeable fix in the future. Their solution is to hand you the items in game. Should you ever decide to install it on a new computer you'll need to get an admin to give you your items.

-The ranked and open servers are full of hacked items and leaderboards.

-Steam is required for ranked play. If you don't have Steam, you'll be dealing with the bulk of the hacked content.

-Monsters, characters, and multiplayer scaling are all very poorly balanced. The Monk and Apprentice classes are more or less useless throughout the entire game. The Squire is far too powerful early on, and the Huntress is the only one who will be of any use late game.

-There isn't much in terms of variety, there will be some neat items to begin with but in the end as with most games there will be the 1-2 main items every characters ends up with. Same situation with the towers themselves, you will only make use of about 2 of them.

-The camera is one of the worst I've ever had to deal with, you either rotate by moving the mouse to the sides of the screen or by holding down shift. I've had to switch over to an Xbox 360 controller just to play.

-The controls are very uncomfortable, especially since there is no auto-fire. You can kiss that nice gaming mouse of yours goodbye, as well as your fingers.

-Poor support, I was very patient at first while waiting for staff to give me my pre-order items; after a while however I decided to contact them directly through their forums. I told him if he wasn't busy I was available for an in-game drop. He responded to me shortly after saying he was not available, then continued browsing the forum for several hours.

I would suggest staying clear of this title until they hire more staff and get these issues worked out.
  8. Dec 4, 2011
    Don't buy this game. It is plagued with server issues that will cause you to disconnect after hours and hours of hard work in a game, and thereby cheats you of the reward you spent so much time to acquire. Seriously though, the game is setup so that getting end game loot means playing a single match for at LEAST 4 straight hours. Sometimes more. It is very common to disconnect after an hour. I've tried to get finish the end game levels (Insane survival to wave 25) but everytime I get disconnected and very often the host gets disconnected. They are more concerned with making new paid DLC than fixing the issues that are making their game unplayable. DON'T BUY THIS GAME. Expand
  9. Oct 31, 2011
    It's quite fun offline, but once you go online too many people joining your game have hacked items and that ruins the fun of the challenge, which would be a problem in itself except for the fact the game masters and admins give these items to there friends so being on steam and valve trying to sort it out like tf2 won't do anything as the makers of the game themselves are giving out the items to friends. You don't get this kind of crap from big companys, i guess thats one plus side of the billion dollar gaming company's. Expand
  10. Feb 6, 2012
    If you don't like grinding, and you're the "skill over gear" type, you better look somewhere else, because DD is all about grinding gear and money to upgrade it. Its basically a combination of tower defense and MMO. Its worth to note there are more "AFK shops" than actual game rooms with playing people, even though PvP exists, its virtually dead since there is no rewards for it whatsoever. Another problem is that If you dont have level cap and insanely good gear, you will just get kicked from most rooms, so prepare to play singleplayer for a while. The cartooney artstyle is also something that might not suit everyone's taste. But if you can get past all that, the game is very addicting and enjoyable, its definetly worth recommending, its just not for everyone.â Expand
  11. Jul 6, 2012
    Sure enough, the base game is cheap. If you want to access most of the game however, then be prepared to dish out A LOT more money. Furthermore, with the introduction of just as many new classes as originals the game is turning into, quite frankly, a cluster-F.

The beauty of it was originally was that every class played a role in the puzzle. Let me put it this way, you've got a real
    nice pizza with 4 key ingredients, then out of nowhere a **** ton more of ingredients are introduced and you're really not quite sure where they fit into the mix, and some ingredients are just outright inbalanced compared to the others. Expand
  12. Nov 7, 2011
    I'm addicted, there isn't anything more than that,to say about the gameplay. Really beautiful graphics, I can play it on the highest graphic with a HP laptop, so it doesn't require much. There is some issues with crashing.
    - So giving it 9/10 because of the issues of crashing, but it's a really good game with loads of fun, for a cheap price, I would recommend it to everyone, have fun! :)
  13. Oct 19, 2011
    after playing the first hour of the game I knew it was going to be a hit.
    co-op tower defense meets diablo/torchwood. great combo. It even reminds me of borderlands a little (co-op, cell-shaded and GUNS GUNS GUNS) The game looks very polished and runs very well on my older low end laptop. The controls and mechanics were very intuitive and easy to pick up so there was no real learning
    curve. I do have to say i really despise the console port trend of not giving the pc version more graphics control. resolution and "postprocessing" is all you get. I think From Dust gave more graphics options. But it does not matter in the end because It will very likely work beautifully on your system by just adjusting resolution.

the price is perfect at the 10-13 dollar range and you will definitely get your dollar per hour enjoyment out of this game. 40 dollars for a 4 pack on steam is sweet if you got teenage sons to be your co-op teammates ;-)

the lack of graphics options would have given this game a 9 or 8 but the fact it runs smooth anyways on my old pc, great price, great value, and does not crash like magica out of the box. I give it at 10 and a must have for your steam collection.
  14. Nov 10, 2011
    There are some really bad design decisions in this game. At first you compliment your towers and it's great and then you find a super powered weapon and your towers are secondary, merely there because you cant be everywhere at once. If you build nothing but walls around the whole map you can win based on that alone. The tower defense portion of the game is extremely lacking. There's a pure mode where you can play with towers only, most the time you end up with a ninja standing behind your towers killing them and since you can't fight or build during this mode there's nothing you can do. I feel this mode was never tested as you cannot repair during a round either and at the higher waves 7000 enemies come out, the wave finishes and you then have to go round and repair and rebuild, the problem is you only get 23 seconds to do so. It seems poorly made compared to defense grid.

They then had the audacity to nerf the towers. The strength of a tower is 3k dps, the strength of a player is 90k dps.
    The game is more an arcade action games then a strategy tower defense one, it's a good concept and i would like to see a bigger company attempt it.
  15. Dec 21, 2011
    Good game, but absolutely ruined by the constant patching. Trendy seems to be more interested in making a buck than anything else. You have to put some serious time in this game to be any good at all, and once you get a good item, they nerf it. They constantly nerf abilities too. Or put new content in a paid DLC that you need to just do the old levels because the new patch nerfs all your existing gear/abilities. So one day you log in, and can actually win a few levels, next day you log in and you can't beat anything. Unless you're a kid with nothing but free time and hundreds (yes, hundreds, not an exaggeration) of hours to waste on this game, I highly recommend that you don't bother with it. Sad too, because it really is fun at its core. Expand
  16. Nov 8, 2011
    I really believe the future of gaming is going to rely on indy game companies vs these mega game corps. Picked this game ups for $15 on steam on whim that some internet buddies said it was fun. I got a couple of friend playing this now together and is a real blast. Trendy games hit this little gem spot on and I believe its worth more than $15 of my time.
  17. Nov 10, 2011
    This game is simply awesome! Combines Role Playing Game, Third Person Shooter and Tower Defense game elements. The Single Player mode have some fun, but the multiplayer.. One word: AWESOME!
  18. Dec 5, 2011
    This could have been an excellent game. It had all the hallmarks of a great game. Sadly (and I imagine the current trend for MMORPGs had something to do with this), it features an unnecessarily extensive grind to get anywhere in it. I'd rather the higher difficulty levels were actually difficult, instead of just being tests of patience. The developers clearly wanted us to play for 50+ hours in order to see everything this game has to offer, but if you were to play the game without repeating the same part more than once, there's less than 3 hours gameplay here. The rest is made up by grinding. Expand
  19. Dec 19, 2011
    At first Dungeon Defenders is a good game and you'll feel good about your accomplishments. After playing it for a while, you notice that the whole game starts to be about grinding. Grinding, grinding, grinding. After 20 hours of grinding you get you first char to the level cap and at that point you'll get bored to that class and you start playing another. The same happens over again. Only then when you have all your chars at level cap and have great gear, the game becomes much fun. Actually only if you have high leveled friends... Well playing with your friends is fun. There's alot of hard challenges and trying to complete the game with all maps done on insane is hard-ish. Well overall the game has nice candy-graphics, boring grinding, fun end-game and nice multiplayer. It's cheap, just try it out, it wont cost your wallet too much. Expand
  20. Nov 12, 2011
    The game is fun, especially if you have friends to play with. I feel like other reviewers have nitpicked the game for not being what they "wanted" to play compared to what the game actually is (It's not Diablo, it's not Defense of the Ancients, It's not a tower defense game, It's not an action rpg). It's a online multiplayer action rpg/tower defense game (basically a big mashup of the bits and pieces they enjoyed). While you can play single player local games you probably won't be able to make it past the second level on your own because the game is designed to incorporate the strengths of different characters combined in order to overcome their inherent weaknesses. For example you will find that only two of the four classes have the ability to build barriers. The other two classes can only build AOE damage areas. Luckily you are able to switch between your characters between waves in single player mode to make up for this, but it's still a challenging proposition. Multiplayer though, is where the game shines. And having read many of the negative user reviews I get the feeling that this is the part of the game that was neglected in their play sessions (I often wonder if they even played more then a few campaign levels before giving up, but that's another story). Multiplayer plays off the strengths and weaknesses of characters to provide an ever escalating challenge. The fact that character creation allows you to assign skill points to either tower attributes (the things you build) or hero attributes (how bad-ass your character is in combat) means that you must focus your character into either being good at doing damage on it's own, or focus on letting your buildings do all the talking. Because of this I feel the game is appealing to different types of players. For example someone who loves tower defense can play the role of the strategist, while the action rpg fans can build a death dealing hero who runs around at a frantic pace destroying all he/she sees (A personal favorite of mine. It's quite fun!). All in all I feel the campaign was fun and rewarding to play with my friends, who are also quite fond of the game. And the fact that there are tons of challenge levels and ways for you to alter the game (you can adjust difficulty and there are modes for tower/hero use only, and challenges provide interesting twists on the game that are sometimes quite surprising.) that I have found it to be extremely re-playable. If I could advise someone who thinks this might be a fun game to buy I would tell them an emphatic "YES!". For the price (it's cheap) I consider it a must buy, especially if you have a network of friends to play with. Expand
  21. Nov 6, 2011
    A cute and cheap RPG-meets-TD game with a lot of content and where each character gives a different benefit to the team. There is a good amount of humour from the developers with some of their items (chicken launcher?), however the game is kept from perfection by bugs and issues from launch which developers are working on, but will only get 9 or 10 when the game is actually bug-free.
  22. Dec 30, 2011
    While I initially rated this game poorly for instability issues post-Steam sale, I've been able to go back and truly appreciate the quality of this game now that the stability issues have been fixed for the most part. The game is highly enjoyable with a group of friends and I'll admit that I've spent the better part of December playing this game.

While the stability issues are still a
    concern in terms of quality, the gameplay is incredibly addicting. Revising my score to a 7 Expand
  23. Dec 24, 2012
    I'm a huge fan of Trendy Entertainment's criminally underrated Tower Defence/RPG mash-up, Dungeon Defenders. It is pretty good on iOS devices, but it truly shines on PS3 and 360. Gorgeous Unreal Engine 3 powered graphics, absurdly addictive levelling, and some properly entertaining co-op hack'n slashing all add up to one of my favourite new IP's of the year. But with it not *really* clicking with the iPad's buttonless interface, I was almost foaming at the mouth at the prospect of finally being able to play Dungeon Defenders on the go with the planned Playstation Vita port. However, that has now been canned, and I'm absolutely gutted. Seriously, I'm devastated. That's how much this fabulous little game has me hooked. It isn't perfect, far from it in fact, but I for one utterly adore it. If Trendy are listening, and if it is viable in any possible way, please, PLEASE bring this wonderful game to Vita. In fact, with it's dual screens, it'd work equally well - if not better - on Nintendo's 3DS. Either way, I need the definitive version of Dungeon Defenders in handheld form. Please, someone, anyone, make it so! Expand
  24. Jan 15, 2012
    The game were good at the start. But the something happened that made me create this account and write this negative review. After spending too much time maxing all available characters, harvesting too much good gear, maxing all achievements, something happened. The scaling of the game were useless, I had to spend at least 15 h to even get to the "good" items and to finally get some "challenge" in the defending, and the HARDEST part was really not to loose connection to trendynet during this time --> having to start over. ...In the meantime new DLC:s were spit out faster then i could change my underwear, trying to keep you busy not thinking about the fact that the scaling were so bad. THEN ONE DAY after 200 H game play: I changed from window-mode to full-screen mode --> the game crashed and all my progress were gone. ALL heroes GONE, all items, all mana, EVERYTHING. I've tried countless of ways to contact the developers, no one have responded. ALL i can say, it's a great idea, with too many flaws, not worth spending any time on. Expand
  25. Feb 20, 2012
    Dungeon defenders is a great game for people who like tower defense and role playing game, so it's automatically a good game in my opinion. this game is also EXTREMELY addicting, and i honestly love this game. the only thing i can think of as a negative is that if you want all the bonus levels, it costs a little more, but its worth it.
  26. Jan 15, 2013
    When I first read its description on Steam I thought there was no way I could enjoy it, as tower defense games (imo) do not have as much replay value as many other games (mmo, rpg, shooters, rts, etc) However, this game does a great job at mixing tower defense with 3rd person shooter. Items> level, as is the case with many games (a level 74 person with great items will do more dmg than a level 84 person with mediocre items). The main problem with the game is the exp curve. At around 70-75 it grows by an insane amount, in which case the game becomes a grindfest. The ultimate way to level is to find a 90+ person with good equipment and power-level. After about 76 you'll find yourself setting up defenses and then going afk. Warning: leveling and item mods ruin this game, after I stopped using them the game became more enjoyable. $50 for all of the DLC is a ripoff, I would recommend only buying this game if it's on sale ($15 for original is not even a good deal). I bought L4D2 for $5(sale) and it's much better than this game -_-. (bought DD and all DLC 2012 for $15) Expand
  27. Oct 24, 2011
    Excellent game - great gameplay. Depending on the character class you choose you can either have a melee fest or a tactical defense builder. The importance of levelling all classes is obvious - during the set up time you can swap between clasess and use any of the towers your leveled characters have unlicked. Then choose the character your going to battle with a wham. Huntress for ranged, Knight for melee, Apprentice for tower buffs (thingk the sand wall some people make at the beach then try and keep the sea out for as long as possible as the tide comes up) and Monk....well monk is just hard.
    Graphics are very high detail and cartoony (if that puts you off, as it clearly did for one reviewer here - then so be it - of to the dull shoot fest of Crysis 2 with you then)
    Also the amount of content here for £8.99 is AMAZING., Level after level. It just keeps coming.And multiplayer is also an awesome experience (and I normally HATE multiplayer gtames)
    I'm a 44 year old games (since the Spectrum) and this goes along with "Elite" and "Lords of MIdnight" as the best £8:99 I've ever spent..not just on games - but on ANYTHING
  28. Nov 13, 2011
    These days $15 doesn't buy you a whole lot. this all changed when dungeon defenders came out. Bargain priced but extremely enjoyable. If you enjoyed Diablo you will enjoy this. Its a mixed Genre of games but it does everything very well. $15 and over 150 hours played i rekon i got my moneys worth 10 times over. The developers are brilliant and actually listen to what ppl want in there game so it is constantly evolving. Just Brilliant! Expand
  29. Nov 3, 2012
    Back in Nov' 2011 DunDef was a great game. By Jan 2012 it became a good game. By March 2012 it became a decent game. By mid-April 2012 it became an okay-ish game. By June 2012 it became a poor game. By August 2012 it wasn't even a game coz a horde of DLC-zombies took over! Now they are just milking customers from DLCs.

I guess that about sums it up. I've played more than 500 hours of
    DunDef, I know the game mechanics and every single thing in this game. I literally stopped playing the game after couple of updates in March, it literally broke the game for those who have been playing since day 1. So then couple of months back I thought I'd give it 1 more try to see what's new and what's remained of the original DunDef. I wasn't surprised upon seeing the awful lot of DLCs out there and god what not in game.

Anyways, If you like Tower Defense and games like that, I would still suggest you to buy DunDef, coz it's a good game avoid the DLCs and you are good! Just literally avoid them, it'll hamper your experience a lot.
  30. Nov 3, 2011
    First off, I gotta say that I burned about 4 hours in this game without realizing that much time had passed. This game had me hooked. However, I did find the game didn't give me the level of info I expect out of an RPG, namely the raw numbers behind my hero/tower upgrades. I don't know how much upgrading my hero damage will do over hero health. I found out through experimentation, which is fine, but it would help if that feature was implemented. Some people complained about connectivity, which I had a minor issue with, but I was having the same issue with Borderlands and TF2. Once I get the kinks out of the new internet, I'll edit with the updated results. The camera angle/turning was an issue at first for me, but I adjusted a few things and it works great now. The graphics depend on the person. Just take a look at some screenshots to decide if the artstyle is right for you. Me? I liked it! It uses the Unreal engine well. But it's clearly not for everyone, so look at the screenshots if artstyle is a point for you.

That said, they do a lot of things right. The four classes are well balanced to different roles. Having the huntress and monk eschew towers altogether in favor of traps and auras (respectively) opens up a different approach to the game, rather than the more straightforward Squire and Apprentice tower setup. The game rewards you for your hero choices, making those ranks in hero attack (or whatever) really show in gameplay. The item level-ups are done well, and pets add another layer of customization, with pets that do various tasks to assist in clearing out the bad guys (healing you/defenses, direct damage, etc). Add on top of that the replay value due to the difficulty levels being MUCH harder (first level: medium enemies have just under 100 hp. on insane, they have upwards of 500+, with corresponding increases in attack (and speed? haven't checked this). Challenges change up the base game, adding additional value. Also, It's cheap, 4 person local play, and they've already released a free halloween dlc, with a new map, character costumes, weapons, and possibly more.

To sum it all up, it's a great game, with a lot to keep you coming back for more.
  31. Oct 19, 2011
    I would rather play Dungeon Defenders than Diablo 3. For a $14.99 indie title, DD is one of the most enjoyable game I have played this year until Saint Rows 3 and Arkham City is released. This unique Tower Defense Action RPG title brings the best of the gameplay seen in Orcs Must Die (or similar TD games), and fused it with an amazing RPG overlay with 4 distinctive classes, each with their own towers/trap to mess around with. The mage makes use of the ranged attacks and towers that deal elemental damage, while the warrior has barricades and other more conventional trap for a man-at-arms. The amount of the content is really the eye catcher here; a challenging campaign, bonus missions with specific goals and contraints, a survival mode and a mix-max mode which is out to get you in terms of difficulty. A game best played with a team, but quite enjoyable solo as long as you take the time to level up properly, upgrade your gear, and proceed carefully from there on. For $14.99, you are getting the equivalent of a $60 title. If you like action-rpgs like diablo/torchlight, and TD games like Orc Must Die, this is a must buy! :) Expand
  32. Jan 31, 2012
    THE HORROR! This game is horrible. It's the worst game of 2011 and the biggest scam in the industry that I've been exposed to. It's hard for me to believe that anybody plays this thing. And it's being ported to... everything. Why?

1) Really bad UI - everything is overlapping, some words are streached beyond the display range, unreadable.
    2) Really bad gameplay design - gathering money in
    order to place turrets means in practice going up and down for 20 min just to be killed afterwards and start over again?! wtf?!
    3) Really bad mechanic/usability - there are buttons for jumping and rotating camera (on iOS even for zooming even though everyone knows the gesture...). That's confusing and even more overcrowds the HUD.
  33. Jan 20, 2012
    I enjoyed this game my first few hours, and really had high hopes for it. It got pretty tedious rather quickly, and I was so bored I was doing the "leech exp" stuff I do in boring MMORPG's - going AFK to reap the benefits without doing the boring work.

Higher levels will join games and ruin any chance of a challenge, and most people will openly accept them since they're more loot-driven
    than anything. It's just not fun when one guy places one trap that can one-shot every mob the game throws at you.

Dungeon Defenders is a great idea in theory, but in practice it falls short of what it sounds like it should be. If you want to enjoy this game, you're better off playing with one or two friends who are similar level, which kind of makes the whole persistent MMO experience irrelevant.
  34. Jun 28, 2012
    An odd ball game, depending on the patch it could be more of a tower defense game or more fps. Good itemization (better than Diablo 3). Its best played without the dlc imo, when they started introducing all the extra maps the game lost its impetus. Also the connections can be extremely frustrating. Still lots of people playing, still heaps of fun. If you like games with GOOD itemisation and are looking for something tower defense'ish you should try this. Expand
  35. Nov 17, 2011
    the game is fun for a while and has a very charming art style, but it gets repetitive. you basically have to grind for hours just to get decent items/stats to be any good at this game. you also have to put up with a bunch of arrogant elitist players who will kick you just for not being level 90 and having the perfect gear. if that wasn't bad enough, there are also tons of cheaters who get all their loot through hacks which ruins the challenge of game. it may be fun if you play only with friends you trust, or if you enjoy the "grindy" gameplay, otherwise i would pass or wait for a sale. Expand
  36. Feb 6, 2012
    This game had everything to be the perfect blend of tower defense + rpg game, but they do balance patching every week that aims at hardcore players, because of that the game is full of item grinding, requires perfect strategy for every level on the highest difficulty and everytime you find a new strategy that beats most levels, they nerf it on the next week.

I have 300+ hours played on
    this game and still didn't finish the hardest levels, the game has such a high difficulty that makes you grind the same levels 40-50 times to be able to beat the next one. Just to farm mana for upgrading your items or farming until you drop the good items from the levels you are able to do. Also **** Survival Mode, the only way to get the best items in the game, takes 5 hours each time and is extremely boring.

They also release lots of paid dlc, what's worst about that is that all the best items / characters come from dlc, recently they made a dlc called Assault Map Pack, which is a Dungeon Assault only with Hero Character Maps. The thing is the old characters are almost useless on this map, for you to be able to do it successfully on the highest difficulties you would need to buy the Barbarian Hero DLC Pack, which is extremely tanky and has many abilities that are useful on those maps.

So they sell power through DLC and keep rising the difficulty so only the most hardcore players are able to beat it. It's not worth your time, I can't even believe I wasted 300 hours on this.
  37. Oct 25, 2011
    Dungeon Defenders is a good effort at a twist on the classic defence tower game by adding an Diablo-esq RPG element. Unfortunately, all of the game's best efforts are lost in the less than impressive, scratch that, less than competent execution.

It suffers horribly in every account of its production: Janky menus and improper scaling of the GUI. Bad use of the, obviously jammed in,
    physics engine. A completely imbalanced character selection that doesn't seem to be getting patched any time soon. The general use of the ever ridiculous and over rated Unreal engine. 4 Camera settings that are completely useless, 3 of which are identical. Oh, and did I mention that the game constantly switches the camera on you rather you want it to or not?

Some people would argue that the cartoony style of the game takes away from the experience, but people who don't have an inferiority complex in regard to their age will agree it works well. That is not to say however, that the animations and sound feel "mushy" and the game doesn't give you the "thuds" and "booms" to distinguish your actions: rather than having your character take a diliberate and forceful swing that lets you know you made contact, your character sort of sways the weapon back and forth while contact with the enemy feels like a disappointment.

But there are some good points to the game. For one it is four player local co-op. Let me restate that: FOUR PLAYER LOCAL CO-OP! And of course you can play online if you like having a 10 year old screach racial and homophobic slurs in your ear, you can always take it online. So while I was sitting there knit-picking the game, I also found that I some how lost eight hours without even realizing it and somehow started having fun.

Bottom line, this game is just different enough and enjoyable as a group game to be worth it. That is, if you can take all of its flaws along with it.
  38. Jan 26, 2012
    I had high hopes for this game, and never have my hopes been so crushed as to the night i fired up Dungeon Defenders with my GF. We were having such a good night, only to have it crushed by this joke of a game. I really wanted to like it, but in the end, it's nothing but a bland piece of imbred bore sh!t. It's boring, it's unbalanced, it's NOT a tower defense game by any means. The longer you play, the more you realize how ugly it is in every way. Don't waist your time. Go play Kingdom Rush (AKA the best tower defense game out there) for free on Armorgames.com. Expand
  39. Dec 5, 2011
    This game is addictive. I think that that really sums it up, not since Diablo 2 have I been so engrossed. Its bright, the graphics are very good, the support team really listens to the forums and there is always some new feature and fun.
  40. Dec 10, 2011
    Honestly a fantastic game, there is no other way to put it. Hits every right button and is incredibly gratifying, if you don't mind a bit of grinding here and there. Whenever I see a green item (An item better than the one I have equipped) I get giddy and run towards it excitedly. This game tailors to the RPG, Tower Defense, Hack and Slash and Loot Whoring aspects of me, and I never have a dull moment playing it. If you have the money; buy it now. If you don't; get a friend to buy it. Trust me, you'll love it. Expand
  41. Dec 15, 2011
    Dungeon Defenders is a great game. It's slow at first, but it really picks up into solid hours of really fun gameplay. Even when you get to the point of mostly grinding the same thing for better and better gear, you've already invested way more than enough time into the game to justify the price. Even then the grinding parts are still fun, and it's still a lot of fun to start new characters and go through the campaign again. Because of those, this deserves a 10. Expand
  42. Dec 29, 2011
    A fairly difficult but easy to learn TD game, this has to be one of the funnest games I've played with my friends in a long time. For those looking for a comparison, this game is basically Orcs Must Die! that focuses more on multiplayer. The setup is basically the same as Orcs with the same 3rd person over the shoulder viewpoint and if you liked the setup for Orcs, you'll like this game. However the leveling aspect can turn a few people off and you really do have to grind for a few level to get very far into the game if you want to play any of the levels on a difficulty higher than normal. I personally enjoyed this game more than Orcs because of the amount of time you can put into your character to make it yours and the fact that you can play with your friends at any time. The only issue I have with the online aspect is that you can't earn Steam Achievements if you want to either play in a lan party or on a public server. You have to play on Trendy's special servers, meaning you have to play online, to get any and all of these achievements. And not being able to save mid battle can cause some issues if you dc or have to quit for some reason. Still, this is one of the better games I've played in a long time and my personal preference over any other TD game out there and you'd be hard pressed to find a better one, if you like playing with your friends. Expand
  43. Jan 2, 2012
    Excellent combination of Action, RPG & Tower Defense. It is cross platform, has online & local co-op, open & ranked play & mod support. I love how there is a lot of flexibility with items, pets & leveling but it is not overly complex or time consuming to manage. Only major down side is it might get a little repetitive after playing all the maps & modes but so far they have been consistently adding more content (some of it free). This game is great for modding or learning game development as all game-play code & source content ship with the PC version. It uses the Unreal Development Kit.

It was a little buggy when first released but I received excellent customer service when I contacted them. The developers were quick to fix the bugs and I have not had any issues for a while now.
  44. Jan 28, 2012
    This game is the worst piece of crap I have ever played. As a tower defense, it lacks any strategy. As an RPG it lacks character development, depth, and mechanical diversity. As a co-op game it lacks player interaction, while still somehow allowing for as much griefing as possible. The controls are awkward and lose, the art is ugly, the interface is exceptionally unintuitive and the whole game feels like an attempt to stuff as much crap stolen from other popular games as possible in. Seriously, don't waste your money. Expand
  45. Jan 8, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Apesar de ser um jogo simples, Dugeons defender conta com atualizações constantes assim possibilitano aos jogadores novos mapas. Com uma variedade de personagens e habilidades distintas o jogo se torna ainda mais viciante, fazendo com que o usuario fique preso ao jogo tentando evoluir seus personagens e adquirir novas armas, equipamentos.... que são uma infinidade. Recomendo o jogo ! Expand
  46. Jan 10, 2012
    There are a few other games out there that combine tower defense with fps gameplay but this is the best of the lot so far. Cooperative gameplay is a great addition. Scaling difficulty and loot system greatly increase replayability. Only (small) complaint is that the graphics are a little too cartoony for my tastes but that is easily overlooked in a game this fun and challenging. Highly recommended! Expand
  47. Jan 12, 2012
    It started out promising, then unfortunatly, due to a crapton of new company mistakes, it turned into a very poor game, it needs a wipe, badly, there were too many chances to get overpowered gear that only lasted a night, thanks to VERY poor patch testing. They're only good about fixing patches half the time, the other half they make it catastrophically worse. Not to mention it relies on spamming a game mode that currently is boring as all **** even stated by the developer that he hates it as well, but they do nothing to fix it. And on that matter, it relies on like, 3 different servers to be up at once in order to play, which brings forth a whole new bundle of unreliability. Avoid this game, until either Trendy learns from their mistakes, or until the game is sold to a different company. Expand
  48. Jan 21, 2012
    At first I was amazed. The graphics are great and the loot collecting and equipping is a lot of fun. However quite soon I got bored playing the game alone. It's still great fun as a multiplayer if you got a group of friends or you happen to get lucky and find a random group of good teamplayers.

However for me (as a single player gamer mainly) the game is 8/10, since it relies too much on
    multiplayer and doesn't have enough solo content to stay interesting for a lonely player. Expand
  49. Feb 27, 2012
    Great game! A perfect game on a weekend to play with your friends! Have been playing for 60+ hour and i i'm still enjoying the game. Maybe We will see some new maps in a near future. Thumbs up Trendy Entertainment! With best regards Nolasion
  50. Jun 24, 2012
    Well, this game was actually not that bad. When you are starting out, it is a really fun challenge and reminds me of a lot of other tower defenses that were really fun. That's about where it stops. When you get to high levels, you basically have to play on Insane difficulty or else you will beat the level in 4 minutes. Also, as some other people have said, if a high level joins your game, the fun level drastically goes down. Overall, this game had really good potential but fell flat. Expand
  51. Feb 14, 2013
    An obvious buy for fans of RPG and TD games. I was afraid of buying this game because I wasn't sure if the combination would work, but it is a fantastic game with easy controls and few technical problems.... I actually can't even think of a single technical problem I have run into. (i've played over 100 hours of this game).
    Like I wrote above, if you like RPG and TD games, buy this.
  52. Nov 2, 2011
    Reminds me a lot of Sanctum, only with loot and levelups. That's a good thing. This game is quite a lot of fun in co-op, which is the best way to play it. Unfortunately sometimes TrendyNet boots me, and I'm docking a point for that issue. So call it an 8 once they get the networking perfected.
  53. Oct 25, 2011
    Fine blended whimsical take on the Tower Defense genre. Subtle RPG elements make the game enjoyable. Aspects are lacking, in some area's (tooltips) but the game for it's price is everything one would think it is. You'll either really like it or dislike it. I personally enjoy the zany artwork. The item textures and meshes can have a ridiculous appearance, but clearly that's the intent. Combat which is the core of the game can easily be mastered. There is a strategic element, when playing on the harder difficulties. Competitive play is included, there's a few nuances though. Overall Trendy entertainment will score pretty high with this release. 8/10 Expand
  54. Oct 21, 2011
    A rare product of developers setting out to do something, doing it right in every respect, exceeding expectations, and then giving you a free bag of gold stapled to a very tenderly written 'thank you' card. Dungeon Defenders feels like a run-and-gun spinoff to a Level-5 Dragon Quest, if Dragon Quest were the best Tower Defense game ever made.
  55. Nov 14, 2011
    I can barely express just how floored I am by this title. DD may be an "indie" game, but you wouldn't know it. The visuals are detailed and gorgeous. Every level is full of creative little touches. There are plenty of levels, and a bunch of "challenges." It's really meant to be co-op, not single player, but you can play alone- I have played single player for 75 hours according to Steam! You just make one of each class, then swap out at the forge so you can make whichever defenses you like it. You do end up at a disadvantage in the combat phase, because it's just you, but it's still quite doable and I've beaten most levels on Medium or Hard. I feel *guilty* that I only payed $15 for this game. Other highlights: native 360 controller support, which allows 4-player splitscreen play on PC; 4 player online; full mod tools; and they are even testing a 16-player CTF mode. And the gameplay... it's so, so good. DD combines the best elements of tower defense and action RPGs, and it does it so well that it feels completely natural. I think this might be more Game of the Year. It's so much for such a small price tag, the quality is excellent, and it's an innovative, genre-bending title. Moreover, the multiplayer and mod support means I'll probably be playing this a year from now, which I can't say for many games. I am buying 3-4 more copies as Christmas presents. I need people to play with, and these guys deserve way more than $15 from me! Expand
  56. Oct 28, 2011
    This Game is An Overall Amazing game with somewhat off balance enemies and Quite a bit of grinding. The Graphics Look Amazing if you can max it and make the game come to life. The unique 4 player classes are very diverse and each has its own skill tree and towers. One of the more interesting elements of the game is the ability to change characters between waves. This not only adds a layer of strategy. Like I mentioned above, the only real problem with the game i have is that the enemies are unbalanced. Just in the second map there is a powerful boss you need to take down. Now I am not complaining as much as a warning. it`s still getting 9/10 because I am fine with the grinding you need to do in the first level. Besides that the only changes in your character are the colors and their weapon. This is really sad in comparison to the amazing amount of leveling and stats you can invest in and unlike most games where they give you the whole "2% increase bull" you can actually see the changes in your character and towers. Overall if you do not mind grinding and limited cosmetic changes then this game is both amazingly detailed and very solid game play. Expand
  57. Oct 24, 2011
    Great game! This is the second game of this type I have played; the first being Orcs Must Die. I thought Orcs Must Die was really cool, and this game has esentially taken the same playstyle and turned it into something much more deep and enjoyable, adding great features like character customization, leveling, gear and online multiplayer. I buy a lot of inexpensive indie games, most of the time not expecting a whole lot, so I was truly awed by this one. It has crashed on me a few times, but a week after release I can't be too judgemental about that. Very impressed. Expand
  58. Dec 14, 2011
    An absolute blast with friends. It seems like an amalgamation of half a dozen other games yet unique. My friends and I found it a bit overwhelming at first though. Looking forward to seeing what these guys do next.
  59. Oct 22, 2011
    An excellent tower defence game, rpg and action game. Not sure what users like "pomornik" are complaining about, the games art and sound design are childish, does this effect the gameplay at all? no.

You have a solid game that works up the difficulty from level to level intelligently and contains plenty of re-playability with loot and levels, difficulty levels and challenge modes. for $15
    it's a steal. Expand
  60. Feb 27, 2012
    This came out around the same time as orcs must die, and while I think orcs is a superior core game. This game has excellently integrated multiplayer that really is why you should play. If you do have 3-4 people you can play this with - then it is a excellent game. It's major downfall - for me, is that it's feature light. And even if you spend 3 times the games original price on dlc - it will still lead to you playing the same maps over and over with the same limited traps. The loot, and leveling encourages you to grind away at this game - however it get's repetitive. It's still a top game that will become better and better as more content is released. I feel a fuller featured sequel could be exactly what this game needs to go from great - to fantastic. Expand
  61. Oct 24, 2011
    Dungeon Defenders may spell the continued revival of a long stagnant Tower Defense genre. Like the beloved Plants vs Zombies, Dungeon Defenders gives us a unique take on Tower Defense. You pick your unique class, level up your characters, upgrade weapons and armor, and distribute points to specialize your character. You can either rely on your characters ability to fight, or your characters ability to build and maintain "towers", or you can go somewhere in between. The story is light and humorous, but falls into place well. Having beaten the game already, I walk away remembering several intense moments, heartache, and triumph. While the game is slightly lacking in content, it is important to remember this is a $15 download release. Furthermore, there have been balancing patches and also plans to add a full campaign expansion to the game sometime in November. This game is a must have for any avid Tower Defense player looking for another pleasant surprise in the genre. Expand
  62. Oct 21, 2011
    Best game of 2011? I think so. This game pulls off co-op tower defense extremely well. It integrates in that amazing diablo like items/stat point deal into the game flawlessly. The controls are intuitive and the mechanics are solid. My main problem is the ranked servers have disconnect problems and like in any great game I will hunger for more content.
  63. Nov 24, 2011
    Dungeon Defender's' offline is nearly non-existent and while it's true there is a lot of grinding that's pretty much the entire point of the game and Trendy has no problem telling people that. The game is a lot of fun playing with friends, but **** are to be expected in public games. If you want a really fun online experience and don't mind grinding grab this on Steam. If you want an offline game or don't want to use steam, buy something else. Expand
  64. Oct 21, 2011
    One of the most amazing games i have ever played. Its a tower defence mixed with diablo. You have 4 unique classes, you can have pets and all kinds of amazing stuff including boss fights and challenges. This game is good on singleplayer and ground breaking on co-op. Game is only 10e/15 dollars so its a must-buy
  65. Oct 21, 2011
    I tried the demo from Steam and within an hour bought the full version, only $15, and have no regrets. After the tutorial I had a riot with the multiplayer which was incredibly easy to get into. The server by Trendy allows you to easily match up with others and play on a wide variety of maps with tons of loot, and level-ups that never get old. There are various characters you can try, which also are a lot of fun. The interface is very well designed and helps keep the experience fast and flowing. Highly recommended. Expand
  66. Oct 25, 2011
    To me, it's a "Meh" game. It does include some unique features, in which, I love, and the game also includes a certain magic that always drags me back to the game. An easy choice, go buy it, best game I've played for awhile that was worth my money.
  67. Oct 20, 2011
    The best budget game indie release since Torchlight. Fun and addicting, this game offers a great co-op experience and a solid single player campaign that offers a good challenge and tons of goodies to collect. Battles are always fun and frantic and require a good amount of strategy. The loot is very compelling with a fun mana system where you spend points to boost stats of the weapons you are partial to. I don't know what else a gamer could ask for from a 15 dollar game. Definitely sets a new standard for budget games. If you like tower defense, co-op games, or ARPGs, then this your game. It's a refreshing and perfectly balanced blend of genres that is just really damn fun. Expand
  68. Nov 1, 2011
    Ignoring the compatibility issues with some graphic cards in the NVIDIA and ATI series, Dungeon Defenders offers hours and hours of enjoyable co op with your friends that you'll never get tired of.
  69. Apr 22, 2012
    A properly underrated game, I'm surprised not more people have this game, which is a shame because it's really a game to play with your friends. It still manages to be fun on your own though. It's fantastic, really. All the characters are unique and none of them play the same at all. The music is great, the art style is fun and the gameplay is tops, I really can't think of anything wrong with it off the top of my head. It's a steal at whatever price it is, and even more if it's on sale. DLC is being made all the time, it's great to see they're still working on it, which means you'll always have something to do, there's no "Oh well I finished everything, now what?" Buy this game. Collapse
  70. Oct 21, 2011
    GREATEST... GAME>.. EVER... MADE.
    That's it, it's awesome. Sure there's some issues with the server stability and I lost my charas when the game launched early and reset itself. But it's okay, this game is FUN- it's been out for 3 days and I've got 24 hours played. This is the new TF2, the new torchlight another AMAZING indie game. It's $15 if you don't get it, only you will lose out.
  71. Oct 28, 2011
    Four different classes, diablo-style item hunt, more than a dozen different maps and added challenges will ensure that you'll get more than your moneys worth out of this game - especially when you play it with your friends.
  72. Oct 21, 2011
    The game has a lot of options that make it very pleasing to the hardcore gamer, the ability to interact with other platforms make it a lot less painful to search for players, etc. I love playing as the for current heroes and can't wait for new DLC to come out.
  73. Oct 22, 2011
    This is by far the best Tower Defense cross-over I've ever played. It strikes an incredible balance between action and classic Tower-D, enough so that you could play this game pure fighter or pure Defense. It has a lot of content for 15$ and I would even go for the 4-pack to play with friends.
  74. Oct 25, 2011
    A very well put together game, it puts all the right ingredients together to make a high quality hybrid tower defence game. Support and updates released quickly. You can continue to change your tactics, switch your class. And with editor support forthcoming, what is not to like.
  75. Nov 10, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Dungeon Defenders is a game that I knew was going to be my favorite before it even came out. A year before its release on Steam, it first caught my eye with the unique art style it has to offer. Once I knew about this outstanding creation, I kept on trying my best to stay up-to-date with the news until the time to actually play had arrived. My personal opinion on tower defense games...how could anyone find such interest in them? What makes this tower defense different is the fact that it also implements role-playing elements and has various heroes to choose from with very diverse "towers" and abilities. Although some wouldn't really be considered towers, they make it all the more interesting. The Apprentice is the only hero so far that would really be considered to have towers. Apprentices have towers that appear to be slightly floating hands that use the elements to attack in various ways, while Squires use medieval style traps, Huntresses use explosives, and Monks use auras. They also each have abilities as I mentioned earlier which makes everything about this title even better. With a decent amount of levels in "Campaign" to choose from, along with "Challenges" which both come with four difficulties ranging from easy to insane, this won't be something that you'll play and beat once, in fact, I haven't even beat it yet. Without rambling on and on, there's a store in the Tavern where you can buy both equipment (including pets) and services for your hero and there seems to be constant updates so far which have all been free. I don't wanna spoil everything so if you liked my review, buy Dungeon Defenders today! Expand
  76. Dec 10, 2011
    Great game for just about anyone. Want to get a quick tower defense game in with some friends, no problem. Want to trudge it out on long survival modes to see how far you can go before being overrun, no problem. This game is addicting as it has something for everyone. There are 4 modes; easy, medium, hard, insane for the maps included in addition to having challenges for each map in those same 4 modes. Expand
  77. Nov 13, 2011
    Great Game! Solid mechanics, fun graphics and new twist on the ARPG and Tower Defense Genres. Sounds are funny and clear, the weapons are fun and look great, making use of past titles to add alot of fun to the game, and the characters are very different and complement each other well. The variety of each character and level will have you coming back for 100+ hours at least!
  78. Nov 18, 2011
    really impressed with this, bought it on a whim to kill a weekend and got addicted.
    it's an awesome mix of random loot, tower defense and third person action rpg.
    they patch the game all the time, have added free content, easily worth $15.
    multiplayer is a lot of fun too in my opinion.
  79. Dec 4, 2011
    Dungeon Defenders is full of pro's and con's. It's just hard to tell which category outweighs the other in this game. I'll start with the pro's. The game is cheap at £10. Gets updated regularly
    Gets DLC and free DLC regularly The game is frankly amazing if you are playing with your friends and if you have a full team of 4 then it's even better.
    Fairly well optimised to run on
    most machines.

Now the con's

Constant disconnects from Trendynet (getting better but still not there)
    Don't consider playing this game on your own as it's poorly balanced and you wont be able to do any of the late game content without help.
    The general playerbase of the game are idiots, you join their server you get kicked 2 seconds later and this will happen for ages unless you have the amazing hacked items which a lot of people are running around with.
    Extremely poor forum support from Trendy. They generally ignore most queries from people and answer only the most straighforward questions from past experience.
    Servers can get very laggy during peak times.
    Typical UNREAL engine 3 bugs

So why only a 5? Wel the game really excels in about half of what it does but then it just gets ruined by the other half. The game is weak on single player and is a major grindfest to get anywhere and if you venture online you will be dealing with idiots, griefers, hackers or all of the above. However the game is amazing when you have your friends to play it or people you can trust to play the game properly and wont ninja your godly items.

So all in all. If you want a game to play with your mates then this is a brilliant game and worth the money. If you don't have anyone to play it with then you may suffer a tad when it comes to finding decent games.
  80. Jan 6, 2012
    Had a ton of fun for a solid 3 days straight.... only to have all of my characters deleted due to poor ranked and local setup, the ranked and unranked is not user friendly and options are poorly explained.... so sick of lazy developers, enjoy trendy.... won't get another dime from me.
  81. Dec 6, 2011
    If you love action packed RPGS and tower defences you have no excuse. This game combines them beautifully and makes a nice fun diversion that has proven to eat my time away. However, the graphics aren't the best. This game can be hard, and it can be easy. Your levels don't tell you what you can and can't do, you just have to have skill in this game. Combining defenses causes less damage to them, which means you don't have to repair 24/7. This is a amazing game, buy it. Expand
  82. Dec 9, 2011
    First of all I will say that Dungeon Defenders is 100 times better than Orcs Must Die, so if you are trying to decide between them, get Dungeon Defenders.

I will admit that when I first downloaded DD from Steam, I wasn't expecting much. The genre seemed strange as well as the visuals so I was a little weary. Within 5 minutes of actually playing the game, I was taken off my feet. True
    gamers who respect a game for what it is will fall in love with Dungeon Defenders. What I seemed to notice first was the quirky themes throughout the game. The graphics remind me of a mix between Sly cooper and Borderlands, which I thought suited this game perfectly. The boss fights are absolutely incredible and creative, I was blown away with every single one. A lot of people claim that you have to do a lot of grinding to get a high level but I never ran into this problem. As far as weapons go, I pretty sure there are millions of unique possibilities including rare "godly" weapons and armor. The character classes are equally balanced some perfectly compliment each other in online play, which is the best part of the game. So far there are 13 main quest maps and even more challenge maps including "Turkey Hunt" where you kill as many turkeys as you can to move on to the next round. I would even go so far as to say that dollar for dollar, Dungeon Defenders is better than Skyrim (you can quote me on that). If you don't buy this game, you are missing out on a landmark game in the genre. Expand
  83. Dec 12, 2011
    Please ignore review bombers. Trendy Entertainment has created a fantastic game that one can easily get a couple hundred hours of enjoyment out of. For the low price tag of the game (but it's starting to climb with DLC costs) you won't be disappointed. Trendy has great interaction with the community through their forums, and religiously patches their game with new content--sometimes to the point of overkill...

There ranked servers are very stable, but unfortunately they are at the mercy of the Steam servers, so this can provide complications if you set out to take on a 4+ hour task without reading server notices.

The game does have some small issues here and there, but with the random loot system implemented and insane challenge, falling in love with this game is inevitable; look at the screen shots, or in game footage to decide for yourself if it's the game for you.
  84. Dec 17, 2011
    It is an amazingly good game, and i love it all the more. It takes Days to get all the achievements and get your chars, and then your blown away by the multiplayer system. It contains 'ok' servers, with some crashes and bugs. It constantly releases new content which some you pay for, some you don't. I find the DLC hard to keep on top on if you have small monthly pocket money or job earnings. The cartoony feel compliments the whole idea of ' Crystals here Monsters there Defend now!' Typically it has the normal character types, and then they added new ripoff ones on top of those in some dlc. How innovative! Altogether i would call this a fairly good game, just keep the DLC down please. Expand
  85. Jan 11, 2012
    This game is great. Reason? There are not many games which are a mix of tower defense and FPS. Its good to play with freinds and its fun to level up, upgrade and collect gear.
  86. Feb 1, 2012
    A fun and addictive game. New content are added very frequently, only drawback is that they are usually all classified as dlc and needs extra payment.
    The holiday events are very good as well. This game is a good fps tower defense with a lot of potential.
  87. Feb 12, 2012
    Recently the developers are using it's paying customers as beta testers. If you want to be a beta tester for this game be sure to expect lots of broken game mechanics that are re-broken every few months in constant failures to achieve balance. The balance attempts in this game are implemented so poorly that it the "shift of power" has rolled in a complete 360 since the game started, With no hint of real balance in site. I would love this game to pieces if this issue was resolved but instead it's just a struggle to find some form of entertainment value for a few months before it is broken by the inevitable balance failures.

If you love the game and want to beta test it for the developers while they charge you $ for the privilege, this is the game for you!

In all seriousness if you don't like an incomplete game don't even spend the time with this one. I am hopeful Dungeon Defenders 2 is in the works because version 1 is a failboat with failboat "fixes" and this is after 750 hours of actual game play that I would take back in a heartbeat.

Don't get sucked in! THE CAKE IS A LIE!
  88. Apr 22, 2012
    This game is a mess. It has awkward, clunky controls, sluggish gameplay, and a grindfest feel to the action (and not in a good way). For me, the "fun factor" for this game just isn't there. I do find the blend of action and tower defense elements to be intriguing, and I like the idea of this game, but actually playing it was a disappointment for me.
  89. Feb 29, 2012
    Broken beyond play-ability, from crashes, to lag, to freezing on and off, to network disconnects, it has them all and it makes it unplayable.
    Tons of DLC to try shaking-down you of your money, from character skins to levels, this game will cost you a fortune if you want the whole thing.
    Little replay-ability, it's depth is that of a flash tower defence game, very little depth means you'll
    get bored of it fast.

This game is a prime example of today's incredibly low standards, what happens to good game journalism.
  90. Apr 16, 2012
    Dungeon Defenders starts off strong and it is quite enjoyable. Unfortunately the game doesn't stay the course and quickly degenerates into mindless grinding for XP and gear. It sadly became a standard to set up my defenses, ready up and walk away from my computer for 20min to let the game grind itself. This is by no means helped by the frequent and often conflicting patches that continually "re balance" the game.

I personally found the DLC to be less than satisfactory not in quality but in content Vs price.

Ultimately one of the few games that I have purchased that while fun at first, I have actually come to regret.
  91. Oct 16, 2012
    I really hate this game. Boring and repetitive gameplay makes the game no fun at all and the 200 DLCs show what the game developers really want: your money. I regret paying even 3 bucks for the game, its just horrible.
  92. Mar 5, 2013
    I gave this game a 6 because it has really been getting worse and worse. I haven't played the game for many months now due to how bad it is now compared to what it was.

I pre-purchased this game, at the time no one knew about it, but I saw it and I thought, Why not? So I bought it and at the release day there I was playing. It was epic! I played for hundreds of hours and the game is
    really good. At that time I would have given it easily a 9 or 10.

But after that the DLCs came in. The company started to get even more greedy and kept releasing these DLCs that, most of them, don't add almost nothing to the game. The game started to lose its quality...

Right now, if you pick the all thing for 12€, it's still a really nice game, and for 12€ you can't ask for much better, but seeing the game now and knowing how it was before I can't give more than a 6.
  93. Dec 28, 2012
    This game is a lot of fun if you have a bunch of friends to play which you can find in humble indie bundle 7 with all the DLCs and some other games at 6.53$ which is a really good price.In my opinion its a must buy for the tower defence fans
  94. Jan 7, 2013
    Really good tower defense game with many different traps and characters to choose from.Very good graphics,good combat system,really good boss battle and many levels make this game a lot of fun for the tower defense fans especially but for the others too.9/10
  95. Jan 17, 2013
    lost my characters on their "online servers". back in dec 26. only response out of all the emails i received back. We're incredibly sorry that you have experienced in an issue with the game. In order for us to recover your lost data, we will need a link to your Steam profile page. Please do not log back into TrendyNet until you receive the OK from us. Thank you for your patience in the matter.

Sincerely,
    Trendy Entertainment Community Support

--------------

Highly unsatisfied by this fact that they cannot fix your account in a timely manner. its 1/17/2013, almost a month now and no fix.
  96. Mar 16, 2012
    Starts out as a relatively entertaining experience but quickly grows stale and repetitive. Highly consolized control scheme (no mouse pointer) and simplistic combat (only two offensive abilities). On the plus side I admired the art style and it feels gratifying to complete a level on Hard. Overall worth the $3.74 it cost on Steam over the Holiday Sale.
  97. Apr 14, 2012
    Entertaining and good looking game, but the fact that Trendy is making at least 3 DLC monthly is boring me... seriously, if you wanted to do that better put the game F2P.
  98. Mar 8, 2013
    unplayable control setting make player frustrated. too complex game machanism and poor UI design are also big failed. I spent 30 mins in tutorial and I still uncomfortable about this game processing. super super failed.
  99. May 5, 2012
    It's alright. Colorful graphics and animations but not much room for creative strategizing. Feels very repetitive and linear. Plenty of gear to choke on but the game mechanics get tiring after only a few hours of play. I suppose it's worth 10 bucks. But barely.
  100. Nov 3, 2013
    Superb fun mix of battle and tower defense. One of the best online PvE experiences out there. The initial game itself is cheap but there are a billion expansion packs which push the price up for the full experience. Fun levelling up system. Only minus in my eyes is the large amount of impatient experienced players, but that's always going to be a problem with co-op.
  101. Apr 22, 2012

1. Jul 30, 2012
    I may have initially been disappointed by the focus on online play, but these fears quickly passed as I discovered what an enjoyable game Dungeon Defenders is. 13 maps with 15-20 hours of play is a considerable amount of initial content, but the extra challenges and loot-hunting are what will keep you coming back. Working out strategies and tower placement is a great fun, and finally succeeding in your strategy is immensely satisfying. Some of the online features are a little rough, but if you enjoy a good tower defence game, then you should not miss this one.
    Catchy cooperative tower defense game with RPG elements – the more people play the more entertainment you get so try to avoid the single-player option. [Dec 2011]
  3. Jan 9, 2012
    This is a gem that deserves to march past your defences and into your game collection. [Jan 2012, p.62]