7.8

1. FourPak
    Sep 3, 2005
    Not perfect in a few areas but Overall an Excellent game, well worth the time and money.
  2. danielr.
    Sep 2, 2005
    I think the game is great, i love how the story line is and i love how u can buy a pet, my dire wolf kills all.....lol.
  3. Aug 8, 2013
    I really enjoyed this game on the whole. Even though I'm playing this 8 years after it's release it still looks and feels good. It has a pretty good sized story line and options to play over again on the same character (something that I really enjoy to do). The hack and slash combat can get a little old at times, but when it starts to get old, the game generally changes pace to keep theI really enjoyed this game on the whole. Even though I'm playing this 8 years after it's release it still looks and feels good. It has a pretty good sized story line and options to play over again on the same character (something that I really enjoy to do). The hack and slash combat can get a little old at times, but when it starts to get old, the game generally changes pace to keep the game fresh. There are some bugs (my main glitched out of the final battle) but nothing too devastating. A very fun game that is worth the time and money if you're into RPGs. Expand
  4. JimC.
    Sep 6, 2005
    Gone is the clean interface from DS I. The screen is cluttered. Voice acting below average. Unlike DS I, the story doesn't draw you in.
  5. BlakeT.
    Aug 29, 2005
    Um. Did any of you even play this game? Great Graphics? OMG. The graphics stink. Some of the graphics in DS1 were much better. Sound is also poorly done. In an interview with Gamespot, Chris Taylor admitted this game was an attempt to get more funds for his next science-fiction RTS. The first Dungeon Siege was great for its time - but this game is really just another expansion pack to add Um. Did any of you even play this game? Great Graphics? OMG. The graphics stink. Some of the graphics in DS1 were much better. Sound is also poorly done. In an interview with Gamespot, Chris Taylor admitted this game was an attempt to get more funds for his next science-fiction RTS. The first Dungeon Siege was great for its time - but this game is really just another expansion pack to add to the first game, with a lot less inspiration and a lot less depth. Don't waste your money. Expand
  6. TJH.
    Nov 14, 2005
    This game isn't THAT bad but it could be better. There are a million side quests that require a huge amount of remembering where things are and backtracking. If you want to complete the game 100%, then you are looking at about 3 x the play time of if you just complete a few side quests and main quests. Most of the side quests are backtracking, so I don't enjoy them. Gameplay is This game isn't THAT bad but it could be better. There are a million side quests that require a huge amount of remembering where things are and backtracking. If you want to complete the game 100%, then you are looking at about 3 x the play time of if you just complete a few side quests and main quests. Most of the side quests are backtracking, so I don't enjoy them. Gameplay is very similar to Diablo 2, but not as nice or enjoyable. Lots of running around and beating enemies that are tougher than your party. So lots of dying / running away, recovering and running back. Not horribly fun. I am 2 / 3 through and doubt I will play anymore. No desire, no great storyline to follow. Same old "jerk who wants to rule the world, and is a bit better than all the other egomaniacs out there" theory. Expand
  7. Jok`RdeMo
    Aug 18, 2005
    I agree with "Game Revolution" - First Dungeon Siege was fun to play, this... well, there is nothing new and fun part has been taken out and replaced with serious RPG, but still not so serious that hardcore RPG players would play it.
  8. BobB.
    Aug 18, 2005
    Click mouse 10 times (kills something) now click mouse once and pick up its stuff.... sure the graphics are great but this has been done to death and DSII offers nothing new.
  9. connorduggan
    Aug 19, 2006
    i think ds2 is o.k. but people r saying that it has ruled over diablo2 all i say 2 that is stfu and thats bul$hit,it is however a good game but shitty story line and not as many items as diablo,diablo makes more sense,is harder./i will continue 2 play ds2 but i will play diablo 2 even MORE./so if u think ds2 is better then d2 stfu./1/ds2 copied DIABLO 2i think ds2 is o.k. but people r saying that it has ruled over diablo2 all i say 2 that is stfu and thats bul$hit,it is however a good game but shitty story line and not as many items as diablo,diablo makes more sense,is harder./i will continue 2 play ds2 but i will play diablo 2 even MORE./so if u think ds2 is better then d2 stfu./1/ds2 copied DIABLO 2 SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO badly it makes me SICK! Expand
  10. K.Dep
    Oct 31, 2005
    This game is a ripoff of Diablo 2 (much like DS 1). Same concepts, same systems, different names. The only difference is the multi-character gameplay. I'm not impressed. Diablo 2 is many years old, and DS 2 is trying to rehash it all. It is definitely better than DS 1 (which I think ranks as one of the worst games ever made), but it is not better by a whole lot. It is not so much This game is a ripoff of Diablo 2 (much like DS 1). Same concepts, same systems, different names. The only difference is the multi-character gameplay. I'm not impressed. Diablo 2 is many years old, and DS 2 is trying to rehash it all. It is definitely better than DS 1 (which I think ranks as one of the worst games ever made), but it is not better by a whole lot. It is not so much more a sequel as it is a refinement and upgrade. The vast majority of the game is similar. I will finish DS2, but much like DS1, I will do it only to prove to myself that the game isn't worth while. Expand
  11. DR.Jones
    Aug 18, 2005
    Highly addictive. 3D diablo!
  12. Jamie
    Aug 29, 2005
    I started DS2 up with great anticipation and hope - only to be sorely disappointed. If you've played DS1, or Aranna, it's just more of the same. Tediously so. Three years and four months after the original DS1, gas powered games have served up DS2 with.... the same engine, and the same gameplay. "Oh, but the graphics engine is tweaked" they tell us. Really? Well then maybe you I started DS2 up with great anticipation and hope - only to be sorely disappointed. If you've played DS1, or Aranna, it's just more of the same. Tediously so. Three years and four months after the original DS1, gas powered games have served up DS2 with.... the same engine, and the same gameplay. "Oh, but the graphics engine is tweaked" they tell us. Really? Well then maybe you shouldn't charge us full price for a "tweaked" game then. And how the hell does it take more than three years to serve up a sequel with an engine that's "Tweaked"? DS was by it's nature a game full of repetition .. kill things, pick up stuff, sell stuff, and repeat ... which means that, even more than the average game, each new version needs to be different in some substantial way to achieve freshness. By now the low-polygon environments and models that were good enough three years ago look dated. The colours are bland and subdued. The environments feel claustrophobic with small view distances. All of these things were good enough before but now we have seen games like Far Cry or Half life 2 and DS2 just looks mediocre. In fact I'm not even going to call it DS2 any more, I think it's really DS 1.5. I rate this version of DS a six. Expand
  13. AndrewJ.
    Sep 18, 2005
    Great RPG game; better than its predecessor.
  14. GregM.
    Sep 1, 2005
    I don't understand how this game has an overall score of 80... It's not an awful, game, but... In a year that has been bad for PC RPG's, this game has really done nothing to curb my enthusiasm for the next Morrowind. There is nothing innovative here, mouths don't even move in the voice acting, endless point click and kill fodder. Where are the clever games like I don't understand how this game has an overall score of 80... It's not an awful, game, but... In a year that has been bad for PC RPG's, this game has really done nothing to curb my enthusiasm for the next Morrowind. There is nothing innovative here, mouths don't even move in the voice acting, endless point click and kill fodder. Where are the clever games like Fallout? Where is Black Isle Studio when you need them? Come back, dammit! Save us from this repetitive Dung. Expand
  15. MichaelB.
    Aug 16, 2005
    Game starts off alittle slow, but once you get the hang of it and the story begins to advance it gets quite fun, no lack of mosters and bosses and places to explore. Big improvment over the first game. Controling you AI party can be a problem at times but its a blast multiplayer for sure.
  16. JamesF.
    Oct 9, 2005
    Ok so this is no Diablo 2, but it is a decent RPG hack'n'cast affair. The party system works well even if hampered by the slightly dodgy AI. Anyone who likes running around gulping down potions and fighting a ridiculous amount of mosters from beyond will be right at home here.
  17. JohnS.
    Aug 16, 2005
    Lots of action, tons of loot, great spells and good story.
  18. SimonV.
    Aug 27, 2005
    This might have been one of the best games ever made, but unfortunately it is not.t could have been so much better! Nothing new whatsoever but it introduces the genre to newcomers very gentley. The story is great and the gameplay is even better. It is also much more innovative than many other games of the genre.
  19. TehanuA.
    Jul 1, 2006
    Awsome! There is sooo much stuff to do, it will keep you entertained for days! The way the fighting system is fixed up, it allows you to do what you want, when you want. The camera can also move whereever you want it to be, zoomed all the way in. . . or way out. An all arround great game!
  20. MateusC.
    Oct 16, 2005
    Much more complex than the first game, DS2 is the response of all those dislike the simplicity of the first Dungeon Siege. The concept art is also strongly different, but will go to please hardcore RPGs players.
  21. DanielT.
    Aug 16, 2005
    A very well packaged game! Lots of fun and lots of variety of things to do. Just good pure and simple fun.
  22. LuisV.
    Aug 31, 2005
    Absolutly AMAZING!!! Diablo at is best in 3D. U can't spot playing it. Every details is wonderful.
  23. Thomas
    Sep 13, 2005
    Excellent game. I'm not playing anything else right now because of this game. Gets you interested by wanting to make your character better. Great fights and cool effects. Buy this game.
  24. PhilD.
    Jul 11, 2007
    This game has a lot of the old Diablo feel to it, but I do believe it is larger overall. Love the ability to grow with your character and hunt for items. Love this game!!!
  25. SereneB.
    Aug 16, 2005
    Solid looking, great fun and easy to get into. Very playable regardless of how much time you have per play session.
  26. TomC.
    Aug 18, 2005
    Highly addictive 3D diablo style. Can't stop playing it. Graphics are not as bad as people say. Highly recommended.
  27. J
    Aug 26, 2005
    I played DS1 and thought it "ok." DS2 is wonderful. I am a more "hardcore" RPG player and, while it is no Baldur's Gate 2 or Morrowind, it is MUCH more satisfying than DS1! In fact, I am enjoying it much more than Diablo1&2&expansions - it is head and shoulders above it. Wonderful game.
  28. Dashel
    Aug 27, 2005
    Overall, DS2 is a great game. It has its flaws, but they are relatively trivial: a mediocre party AI and sometimes poor voice-acting. Its strengths, though, are numerous and impressive: great graphics, very fun gameplay, deep customization, and a huge, lore-filled world, just to name a few. Some have accused the game of being too easy. My contention, however, is that it is only as Overall, DS2 is a great game. It has its flaws, but they are relatively trivial: a mediocre party AI and sometimes poor voice-acting. Its strengths, though, are numerous and impressive: great graphics, very fun gameplay, deep customization, and a huge, lore-filled world, just to name a few. Some have accused the game of being too easy. My contention, however, is that it is only as challenging as you wish to make it; such is true of many RPG's. There are 3 different difficulty levels, much like normal/nightmare/hell in Diablo II... this allows for more challenge as you proceed. But beyond that, even in the easiest difficulty mode, you could approach the game in such a way as to challenge yourself. In other words, if you're finding the game to be too easy, don't return to completed areas to gain more experience. Try quirky character setups that may be more challenging but more enjoyable. Perhaps most of all, challenge yourself by diverting into side-quests that are of a higher level than your party. Even though the game is pretty linear, it does let you roam around quite a bit... so try some higher level areas and quests. Personally, I tried to kill the Hak'U rancor-like beast (this was a side-quest that requires you to have a certain party member before you can activate it) at a significantly lower level than recommended and died. Of course, there are little to no setbacks to dying, but I keep track of party deaths and try to keep them at a minimum. In this way, I maintain a significant degree of difficulty while playing through the game. I actually find the laid-back nature of the game, along with its typical ease of play, to be a positive point, b/c it allows the players to have an easy-going experience if they want it... if they don't, they can also set the bar a little higher. Expand
  29. Ralph
    Sep 14, 2005
    I did not get into DS1. However, this one has me playing whenever I can. It has a "just do this then I will stop" effect, which is great.
  30. Jan 20, 2011
    This game still maintains elements from the first Dungeon Siege, but overall the gameplay is a lot different to the first. The second installment is slightly harder than the first, with the easiest difficulty a lot harder (I think) than the easy difficulty on the first. This makes the differences from the first quite substantial meaning that real hardcore fans of the first may not enjoyThis game still maintains elements from the first Dungeon Siege, but overall the gameplay is a lot different to the first. The second installment is slightly harder than the first, with the easiest difficulty a lot harder (I think) than the easy difficulty on the first. This makes the differences from the first quite substantial meaning that real hardcore fans of the first may not enjoy this game. Yes it copies Diablo, but once again this smashes it hands down as like the first, you can feel you have a purpose for playing it. For new players to the game, im sure that Dungeon Siege II will prove quite popular. In addition to this, Dungeon Siege II has extremely nice graphics for a game of 2005. Expand
  31. May 25, 2012
    This was a massive improvement over the previous title and thoroughly enjoyed playing every step of the way. Excellent game that brings hours of fun with some mates.
  32. Mar 8, 2013
    This game was in a lot of ways the successor to diablo 2. It was not as dark and at times characters verged on cartoonish but overall it was a simple, hack and slash with a beautifully rendered world. A through-ally pleasurable gaming experience.
  33. Jan 29, 2015
    My favorite hack and slash RPG simply because of the memories it brings back. The combat is relatively simple and the required skill is not high at all. In fact, the game can feel a bit too easy at times and even the boss fights are not challenging at all. But I love it nonetheless, because it is a game that has a soul. I love the beautiful environments, the story and the lore, I love theMy favorite hack and slash RPG simply because of the memories it brings back. The combat is relatively simple and the required skill is not high at all. In fact, the game can feel a bit too easy at times and even the boss fights are not challenging at all. But I love it nonetheless, because it is a game that has a soul. I love the beautiful environments, the story and the lore, I love the many of the clever little secrets, puzzles, hidden treasures, secret rooms and easter eggs. The soundtrack is beautiful, everything about this game just brings back pleasant memories to me. ^^ Expand
  34. Oct 27, 2014
    Even in 2014 this game still outperform lots of ARPG out there in the market on all aspects like the engrossing storytelling, the exhilarating voice acting, the well-designed combat system and the diversity on looting and questing, I'm enjoying the replay of this game so much even if I just beat D3 and built some characters in POE.

I gave it a 9/10 because it lasts through time, 1 minus

I gave it a 9/10 because it lasts through time, 1 minus for the somehow stupid AI teammates control.

Oh, but you have to bear with the 1280x1024 res lol
  35. Sep 4, 2014
    Perfect Game! Only a bit too small customisation but its not a big problem. Long... Loneger... Holy Crap! How long is it??? it can be played for months GOOD WORK!!!

1. You tend to see most everything coming, which means there are few plot twists that are not either foreshadowed or anticipated. Still, it is a good storyline, and the game is entertaining.
    But it's now clear that Dungeon Siege II is now undeniably one of the action RPG stars. It makes many, many welcome tweaks and improvements--far to many to list here--and is sure to thrill any action RPG fan.
  3. A considerable entry in the field of hack and slash RPGs for the PC. The action is intense, there are a host of options for character development, and the story, while negligible, still more than serves its purpose. Save for a few annoyances, the bankrupt AI being chief among them, this is a game that will see any fan of the genre coming away satisfied.