4.7

1. Jun 21, 2011
    This is horrible! Save your money if you expect anything like dungeon siege 1 or even 2 it's not even close. This game should be called something else on it's own because it has no resemblance of the other dungeon siege games. I am not sure why games are heading this direction lately with the all flash and spazz and no depth, no interesting story, no replayablity, lack of customization.This is horrible! Save your money if you expect anything like dungeon siege 1 or even 2 it's not even close. This game should be called something else on it's own because it has no resemblance of the other dungeon siege games. I am not sure why games are heading this direction lately with the all flash and spazz and no depth, no interesting story, no replayablity, lack of customization. Not related but Dragon age 2 was the same disappointment, it seems games are becoming streamlined for the quick buck and to screw the gamers that have experienced quality games and expecting quality with what they pay for. I would be willing to pay 2 to 3 times what a normal game would be if it was really a quality fantastic, replayable, in depth game where I wouldn't spend more than 5$ on this trash. Wait for this to hit the bargain bins. Expand
  2. Jun 21, 2011
    So much hate. People are complaining about how DS1 and 2 were sooo much better yet they probably haven't played those games in ages.

Nostalgia can fog the memory so I took a little journey on DS1 and 2 to rekindle my love for the games. I couldn't even get through 10 minutes of DS1 and I distinctly remember this game being amazing. DS2 was significantly better but all of the things people are ripping on DS3 about are IN DS2!!!

Stupid AI: Check - Horrible Camera: Check - Only a handful of skills per class: Check (In fact, there are MORE in DS3 than DS2 per class!!!) - Click on a mob and wait for it to die while chugging potions: Check.

Really, people need to get a grip before posting. A 0 is unacceptable for any game (unless it's about Justin Bieber). Any score below a 5 is just some butt hurt crybaby who thinks DS1 or 2 was better. That's it. On to the game - The controls DO suck in DS3, there's no avoiding that, but using the right click on the mouse and A and D to maneuver the camera is actually very nice after a few minutes and becomes second nature. Yes, you can only have 2 people in your party, but that's all you need. It's mean to be just you slashing away at monsters. Your partner is just there for kicks. Yes, that's nothing like DS1 and 2 but it's not bad. There's tons of loot, 9 usable skills, 10 talents, and 5 upgrades to each skill per character. That's way more than DS1 and 2. They have the archetype for warrior, ranger, combat mage, and crazy fire chick with a spear. It's a fun game. Multiplayer sucks because player 2 is boned but single player is a blast. Don't listen to the upset DS fanboys who all of the sudden come crawling out of the woodwork to cry foul. It's a solid 7 / 7.5 / 8 game depending on how you spend your time and I'd say worth the money.
  3. Jun 22, 2011
    I've been a fan of the Dungeon Siege series since it came out way back then. I've been anticipation DS 3 for the longest of times, I was just psyched to return to this universe. And then the demo came out. And I've never been so disappointed in a game until this. The controls are so damned utterly abysmal that it makes the rest of the game impossible to enjoy or approach objectively. IsI've been a fan of the Dungeon Siege series since it came out way back then. I've been anticipation DS 3 for the longest of times, I was just psyched to return to this universe. And then the demo came out. And I've never been so disappointed in a game until this. The controls are so damned utterly abysmal that it makes the rest of the game impossible to enjoy or approach objectively. Is the story great? Possibly, but who the hell cares if you're struggling to get your character around because of the **** un-remappable control scheme. This is the poster child for consolization. A menu based inventory! For a series that is one of the greatest in the Diablo-like genre! If you left click on an enemy, you swing right then and there. You don't walk up to the enemy, then swing, because that would make sense, and apparently something that makes sense just doesn't fly at Obsidian. Need another example? You can auto-loot gold, but you can't auto-loot items. More? You can't hover on a library to see if it has a book, you need to walk to it to see if something pops up. And then you can't click on it, you have to press E. And then there's no new game+, skills are **** there's no party system worth speaking of, etc... To add insult to injury, the game developers PROMISED that it wouldn't be a cheap console port. I mean look at these quotes [http://www.vg247.com/2011/02/08/obsidian-talks-dungeon-siege-iiis-pc-centricity-stability-issues/]: 1) "The Obsidian staffer told Eurogamer that the PC version of Dungeon Siege III will not be a straight-up console port." 2) "There are certain things that are more PC-centric" he said. "The input and the controls lean more towards the PC." 3) â Expand
  4. Jun 23, 2011
    The story is short, you can beat the game twice within a week, and the multiplay is broken, you cant use your customized characters to join others games, and your characters can "destroy" by others if you host game, coz your partner can fully customize your characters that you are not in control at the time. But the combat system is great, we have played point and click system for lots ofThe story is short, you can beat the game twice within a week, and the multiplay is broken, you cant use your customized characters to join others games, and your characters can "destroy" by others if you host game, coz your partner can fully customize your characters that you are not in control at the time. But the combat system is great, we have played point and click system for lots of years and now we have to try something new. Expand
  5. Jun 22, 2011
    Why so many bad words? This is a great game with tonnes of potential. I am looking forward to the dlc packs when they get released! Well worth the money on Steam as I got the first 2 games free just before the pre-order deal expired :-D
  6. Jun 24, 2011
    As others have noted, I too am unclear as to why there is such an unmitigated flow of hatred for this title. Anyone rating this title lower than a 6 needs their head examined. For instance, a score of 3 would put it on par with the Wii's "Babysitting Mama" title. And fools are throwing 0's around, are you kidding me? Let's get it right, 0's are for completely broken and unplayable titles.As others have noted, I too am unclear as to why there is such an unmitigated flow of hatred for this title. Anyone rating this title lower than a 6 needs their head examined. For instance, a score of 3 would put it on par with the Wii's "Babysitting Mama" title. And fools are throwing 0's around, are you kidding me? Let's get it right, 0's are for completely broken and unplayable titles. The graphical polish alone makes this title deserving of a 4 -5. The controls are not completely broken, I don't know what that griping is all about, no it's not as point and click as Diablo, but... who said it was going to be? Use your keyboard and mouse and it's fine. There's a fairly deep character building system here. It's not just a talent tree that you put points into. There are multiple abilities that you unlock, once unlocked you can put points into them in one of two ways generally leaning the skill towards offense or defense. Abilities can be "mastered" allowing you to perform even more powerful versions of those abilities with different effects than normal. The pace, though generally a little slow, can get quite manic in large battles. The fact that you can't just click click click spam spells or attacks through combat is refreshing; you need to be a participant in battle in order to restore your focus (mana) and block attacks (so you don't get your ass beat) There is no potion quaffing here, the best you can do is your character's heal over time spell. I guess I can't really say anything that hasn't been said, check out Game Informer's review, it's pretty legit. DO NOT LISTEN TO THE HATERS, this title definitely belongs in the 7-8 range, which is what you'll see from nearly all professional critics. The title is solid, it's not broken, and while it doesn't do anything amazingly well, it doesn't do anything completely wrong either. There is room for improvement, but as it stands it's an enjoyably fun dungeon romp, especially with friends. Expand
  7. Jul 10, 2011
    If they wanted to make castlevania meets the witcher, that's all fine and good but DON"T call it Dungeon Siege III. The practice of hijacking franchise names to rob and mislead the fans of good quality earlier PC titles has just got to stop. This is a mediocre at best, totally linear console game dressed up like a good old fashion PC loot crawler. Why they couldn't just stick the damnIf they wanted to make castlevania meets the witcher, that's all fine and good but DON"T call it Dungeon Siege III. The practice of hijacking franchise names to rob and mislead the fans of good quality earlier PC titles has just got to stop. This is a mediocre at best, totally linear console game dressed up like a good old fashion PC loot crawler. Why they couldn't just stick the damn established formula, or just come up with a new name for whatever this is, is totally beyond me. Don't' believe the hype, It's NOT a sequel. Expand
  8. Jul 21, 2011
    This game is so horrible, i just had to register to write this "review". i am a die-hard dungeonsiege 1 and 2 fan, i spent half of my university time playing these games with friends. and of course i bought DS3 without playing the demo or reading/waiting for reviews, after all, it's DUNGEON SIEGE and must be good, right? riiiight?

well sadly the controls (even after patch) and the

well sadly the controls (even after patch) and the camera movements (why do you limit us to two zoom modes omfg ?????) are horribly bad, the dumbed-down xp/leveling system is a joke...
    me and my friends didn't even start playtesting the coop mode, but reading other reviews give us a good hint we would just get more upset at this huge pile of frustration.

if we wanted to buy a CONSOLE GAME we would buy a console. this was a real waste of money and i whish i wouldn't have bought the steam version, then at least i could have second-hand sold it.

uninstalled now, and i hope i find a way to remove it from my games library. VERY disappointed ex-fan!
  9. Nov 20, 2013
    This isn't dungeon siege. It neither has the atmosphere, music nor the Dungeon Siege’s gameplay style. I’ve been waiting for 5 years only to be disappointed when I saw the trailer and gameplay videos of Dungeon Siege 3. “3” is a cursed number, I’ve witness a bunch of third-sequels come to fail, most notable examples are Diablo 3, Discipline 3, Fable 3, stronghold 3, etc.
    So why do I score
    So why do I score this game 8? Few months ago, I purchased a triology of DS, DS 2 and DS 3 for a great price on Steam. So, although I don’t like DS 3, I lose nothing to try DS 3, and it turns out to be quite good.
    DS3 have a good story, music and gameplay. Although none of these things “feel” like Dungeon Siege series. But it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. The story and atmosphere have the feeling of Dragon Age: Origins, and some of your dialogue choice will have impact upon you. The music feels good, too. But its tone and feeling are different than DS 1&2. Combat feels like Fable, where you can dodge, block, and switch between two alternative attacking styles with different attacking skills for each style. Four classes with different skills, skill and healing systems are similar to Diablo 3. And there is no portal scrolls/spell/ gem (the only thing few like dungeon Siege 1). All these things are combined together quite good, thus, bring a unique feeling about the game.
    To conclude, Dungeon Siege 3 should not bear Dungeon Siege name. If you’re a die-hard fan of DS 1&2, you will be disappointed about the “way” of DS3, like me when DS3 first come out. It bears nearly no feeling of Dungeon Siege at all. But this game is actually a good game with good story, music and a tactical combat system. The trailer and gameplay videos provide a “wrong” disappointed feeling about this game. I encourage you to try the demo first.
  10. Jan 6, 2014
    Definitely a disgrace to his epic predecessors. Limited skills, weak story, somewhat challenging environments, few items, confusing interface. Dungeon Siege I and II are better!

Dungeon Siege III is a offence to fans of this serie. Total waste of time.
  11. Jul 4, 2011
    Dungeon Siege 3, although not a good as it's predecessors, is still a fun and enjoyable game to play. The arcade style controls makes it great for the console player, however, PC Gamers will not like the clunky, non configurable controls. Using a gamepad for the PC quickly solves the control issue, but some PC Gamers feel that this is a sin to do! The graphics on the game are betterDungeon Siege 3, although not a good as it's predecessors, is still a fun and enjoyable game to play. The arcade style controls makes it great for the console player, however, PC Gamers will not like the clunky, non configurable controls. Using a gamepad for the PC quickly solves the control issue, but some PC Gamers feel that this is a sin to do! The graphics on the game are better than any previous version. The loot system, as well as the inventory and item configuration leaves much to be desired. Constantly clicking on the right button (on the XBOX 360 controller for the PC) is a pain. There are some attributes gained from certain gear that needs some explanation also. Despite the flaws, Dungeon Siege 3 is an enjoyable game, but not a must have. Expand
  12. Jun 22, 2011
    Worst dungeon siege game I have ever played. both 1 and 2 are way better. In this game the camera is frustrating the combat is boring its just a bad game period.
  13. Jun 21, 2011
    From the very start of the game I hated it, the developers should be ashamed, no custom character creation, and its pretty much the xbox version you are playing, with different keys assigned for controls, they didnt even bother to change the button icons, they are all still the colored ABXY buttons on the 360 controller, this game had potential all they had to do was smooth out theFrom the very start of the game I hated it, the developers should be ashamed, no custom character creation, and its pretty much the xbox version you are playing, with different keys assigned for controls, they didnt even bother to change the button icons, they are all still the colored ABXY buttons on the 360 controller, this game had potential all they had to do was smooth out the controls, and character customization and change a few icons and the gameplay a bit and it could have easily been a 6... but the developers cheated the PC community, and for that they should be ashamed, I want my money back! DO NOT BUY! Expand
  14. Jun 21, 2011
    There's an old saying, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". Dungeon Siege 1 was brilliant in that it was a simple hack and slash game, with tons of loot in an open world (as in it didn't feel cramped and completely linear). Character customization was through the roof. Game play could last for days, weeks, months... hell I still play it from time to time. I won't ramble on with it, butThere's an old saying, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". Dungeon Siege 1 was brilliant in that it was a simple hack and slash game, with tons of loot in an open world (as in it didn't feel cramped and completely linear). Character customization was through the roof. Game play could last for days, weeks, months... hell I still play it from time to time. I won't ramble on with it, but moving on to the sequels, it seems that they keep changing and adding new ideas which completely broke away from what the original was all about.

Dungeon Siege 3 is a monstrosity if compared to its predecessors. This is a completely unrelated game with its own mechanics and should not bear the name of Dungeon Siege. The Dungeon Siege series was a PC exclusive game, till now and this shows the full force of it. This was blatantly made for the console with the PC as a mere afterthought.

Character Customization:
    There is none. Zero. Nada. Zip. You have four characters to choose from and they are all pre-made and stuck in their specific field. Want a warrior that can shoot spells or used ranged weaponry? Nope, sorry. You cannot change your characters name, you cannot customize your characters appearance, you cannot change how your character plays. The only thing that CAN be customized is talents as you level. Even though by the end of the game, you will have ALL of the talents for your specific class, throwing decisions and builds out the window.

Multiplayer:
    One of the key aspects of this game was cooperative multiplayer. Here's how it works. One player creates a game and can set it to Offline (default), Private, or Public. With Private, you can invite friends to join or Public random people can join in. The player that created the game can keep any loot or xp they acquire throughout the game. Any players that joined, choose a pre-made character to "help" the main character (eg the person that created the game). Secondary characters do NOT keep ANYTHING from their multiplayer session. All players must remain on screen at all times or you cannot move anywhere. If a player tries to run away, the camera will skew to such a degree so that you are always facing the other players and will hit an invisible wall. Does this sound fun? Absolutely not. Massive restriction here.

Controls/Camera:
    This was the worst of it I think. I mentioned the camera in multiplayer above. On top of that, it's restricted to a near top/down view, hindering view distance and visibility. I felt like I was stuck in a resolution of 800x600 while in multiplayer. Single player camera seems to play out differently, and I did not have much of an issue with it besides the control interface. Movement is solely with the ASWD keys (no point in click found in the previous titles). There is NO keyboard customization in this game. NONE. What game does NOT allow keyboard configurations?!

DRM:
    This game makes use of Steamworks as its DRM of choice. While I have no issue with it, as I make extensive use of Steam, others may. If you do not want to be forced into using Steam, do NOT buy this game (although I wouldn't recommend this game regardless).

Stay far and clear of this title. If I could get a refund for this, I would do it in a heartbeat. Game completion time is less then 15 hours, not worth the price tag. Re-playability is none.
  15. Jun 23, 2011
    Pure rubbish, it is so much like Fable - the look, the feel, the similar combat styles, the green experience orbs etc. The developers tried to combine a top down view with fable combat. The reason why no one has done this before is because they know IT DOESN'T WORK! The combat feels clunky and the controls aren't great at all. I'm a lefty and as far as the demo tells, there is no way toPure rubbish, it is so much like Fable - the look, the feel, the similar combat styles, the green experience orbs etc. The developers tried to combine a top down view with fable combat. The reason why no one has done this before is because they know IT DOESN'T WORK! The combat feels clunky and the controls aren't great at all. I'm a lefty and as far as the demo tells, there is no way to change your controls at all. And yeah the graphics are nice but the characters are damn plain and near emotionless. I entered a village in the demo and most of the npc villagers were just standing around doing f*** all, not even trying to act like real people. The leveling up system feels unessesarily complicated and the loot, I swear that all of the loot is the same! I expected to be able to pick up the guns and swords from slain enemies but you cant! You're locked into the class that you pick. And from what the demo has shown, you have no control over your companion/s whatsoever. I also couldnt find a way to heal my character. As far as i could tell there were no health potions or anything (if there is then the game didnt tell me), and so i just kept runnning into massive amounts of foes button mashing everywhere. But because combat is so bad and fast, you have no time to use tactics and so i found myself killed over ten times during the demo ending boss fight. Now because it was the demo i just kept respawning where i died, but it had me thinking "Well how the hell am i suppposed to do this fight properly in the real game?". Overall this is just ridiculous. I expected to be able to click on an enemy to attack him, but instead i have to rotate in his general direction and constantly click without aiming (not helped by the terrible lock on system). A top down view with this combat DOES NOT WORK! Its no fun and the loot feels boring. Nothing like its previous games. Expand
  16. Jun 22, 2011
    I am seriously shocked, confused, and aggrevated by all of the negative reviews this game is getting. This is a good game, and it definitely does not deserve to be bashed and trashed like this. I just played through both the 1st and 2nd games, and I am really enjoying this one as well. In fact, even though the 2nd game was indeed great I thought it was a bit too long and drawn out,I am seriously shocked, confused, and aggrevated by all of the negative reviews this game is getting. This is a good game, and it definitely does not deserve to be bashed and trashed like this. I just played through both the 1st and 2nd games, and I am really enjoying this one as well. In fact, even though the 2nd game was indeed great I thought it was a bit too long and drawn out, especially toward the end. Listen, if you are looking for a new hack n' slash game, and aren't 15 years old expecting it to "change your life", then I say don't listen to these crazy haters and go for it. The graphics are sharp, the gameplay is tight, the story is interesting, there is a ton of loot to find, tons of monsters to smite, alot of interesting lore to be discovered, the game is stable without any show stopping bugs, it runs at good solid framerates with the recommended requirments met, the cutscenes are good (although they are done in an art style I know some won't understand) and the voice acting is really good. Granted this game is done a bit different than the previous games, but honestly, is that such a bad thing? Yes, maybe it is a bit consolized, but why does PC = holy, and console = evil nowadays? I have enjoyed both equally for 27 years now, and I don't understand that war at all. Anyway, this game is alot more like Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliace, and Champions of Norrath series, which if you have played them, you know those were great hack n' slash games and both get good to great reviews, yet this game is twice as good and just gets kicked to the curb! I just don't understand it, it seems to me like PC gamers are just getting out of hand in the whining and complaining department simply because games don't meet their unrealistic expectations of being "Earth Shattering". Even though I believe Torchlight 2 and Diablo 3 will be great games and without a doubt will do it better than any previous games in the genre, do you really think they are going to be THAT much different and more innovative than anything els before it? Like Judas Priest said back in the day... "you got another thing comin'".

This is just one of a bunch of recent games taking undeserved negative criticism. I am starting to question whether it actually pays to read game reviews anymore. You can't trust anyone, and surprisingly, the gamers themselves are the most untrustworthy reviewers of them all! Yay, bandwagoning!
  17. Jun 21, 2011
    Not sure what game the people on the left column are playing, but it must not be dungeon siege 3. The best thing I can say about this game is that it's pretty, which is why it gets a 3. Voice acting is **** storyline is poorly delivered, boring and very skippable, controls are clunky at best and the multiplayer is really frustrating. With better controls and thought out multiplayer thisNot sure what game the people on the left column are playing, but it must not be dungeon siege 3. The best thing I can say about this game is that it's pretty, which is why it gets a 3. Voice acting is **** storyline is poorly delivered, boring and very skippable, controls are clunky at best and the multiplayer is really frustrating. With better controls and thought out multiplayer this could be a decent game to tool around in with your friends. I don't really see why anyone would want to single player this though Expand
  18. Jun 21, 2011
    When I buy a PC game, I expect a PC game ... not a console game with the letters P and C slapped on it. If I want to play a game for a console, I'll buy a console- they're completely different gaming mechanisms.

I've been looking forward to this game since it was announced; I pre-ordered it as soon as it was available on Amazon, based solely upon the continuation of the Dungeon Siege franchise; Dungeon Siege 1 is in my list of top-ten favorite computer games.

I'm disappointed that this appears to be yet another game that builds its fanbase upon PC users, then panders to the lowest common denominator of consoles.

I don't want to play a console game on my PC. If I did, I'd buy a CONSOLE. I don't want to have checkpoints; I don't want to have to play with a controller. I DO NOT HAVE A CONSOLE IN FRONT OF ME; I HAVE A PC.

I'm tired of my game experience being limited to what an aging console is capable of accomplishing.

I went into this game with an open mind, hoping I'd enjoy the experience. This did not happen. I spent the weekend playing through DS1 in anticipation. I can choose from ... four characters. I can't even pick a name. I can't customize them. I can't even tell what they are. My friend and I lasted 15 minutes in multiplayer before I shut the game off because I had motion sickness to the point I felt like vomiting. It's bad enough that both characters have to be on screen at the same time (On a PC?!) But when the other player moves, it moves MY camera. Even when I'm trying to stand still and maneuver close enough to something that I can use the freakin' "action key," the screen is swaying and churning like a boat at sea.

The viewing angle is already exceedingly awkward. Even at my native resolution of 1920x1080, when zoomed out as far as possible, I felt like I was playing on an 800x600 screen.

Save points? Again- I AM NOT ON A CONSOLE. I have an ENTIRE 500GB hard drive for nothing but games. Save away! I don't mind!

The game automatically activates your microphone if you have one plugged in.

The music sounds like bad early German ambient electronica at the beginning of the game. So much so, that I'm not sure it was even playing correctly, as it mostly sounded like a collection of random beeps and feedback. I ended up turning it off 30 seconds into the game.

I'm done with pre-orders before reviews are out. I'm tired of console ports that fail to live up to the PC's capabilities; I'm equally tired of reviewers glibly accepting this without calling game companies to task.

And why is the game so ... French? I'm in the Kingdom of Ehb, yet everyone sounds like they spent the month in Paris. This is NOT Dungeon Siege. This is not even a PC game.

And why do I need a Steam connection to play at home on my LAN?

Thank you, Square Enix and Obsidian. I will not pre-order games ever again; I'm tired of being burnt by crap like this.
  19. Jun 22, 2011
    Ok lets start here. If your expecting a Dungeon Siege game with this 3rd installment. Your not gonna get it with this title. What made DS 1&2 does not make it into 3. However so far of what I have played on it it seems to be a fairly solid RPG with really good graphics. Now back to what's not in the game if you were expecting DS3 to at least be somewhat like DS 1&2 1) Death - Don't dieOk lets start here. If your expecting a Dungeon Siege game with this 3rd installment. Your not gonna get it with this title. What made DS 1&2 does not make it into 3. However so far of what I have played on it it seems to be a fairly solid RPG with really good graphics. Now back to what's not in the game if you were expecting DS3 to at least be somewhat like DS 1&2 1) Death - Don't die it's game over and back to last save point. 2) Save Points - They are in set area's you can not save and exit the game where ever you want. 3) Skills - You no longer can just use w/e weapon you want and build your character from their. The Hero you pick as your starting character will determine what abilities and gear you will be using. 4) Large groups - Nope not here. Party size is limited to 2 characters. 5) DS2 was fairly linear in terms of where you went especially compared to DS1. However that's nothing compared to how straight DS3 is. One of my most beloved aspects of DS1 was the world, and picking different ways to travel to various locations. 6) Controls are way different in this versus the others. 7) No potions. All in all it's not a bad game or rpg however I do dislike them using the Dungeon Siege name to sell their title. As pretty much everything that made Dungeon Siege what it is. Is not in DS3. This game is ridiculously short for an RPG even doing all the side quests. Not worth 50-60$ Maybe 10-15$ for it's horrid controls, bad camera action, and with how short it is Expand
  20. Jun 22, 2011
    This is only a dungeon siege game by name. Repetitive combat, boring story and rigid game overall. Ds1 and 2 were great games. Ds3 is not fantastic, not great or good. Its plain boring, not worth your money! Its a shame the DS name is getting dragged through the mud. I will go and play dungeon siege 2 now and dream of DS4 hoping it will be great..
  21. Jun 22, 2011
    A less than fantastic sequel to a fantastic game. The art and music is impressive. The story is average, the camera is clumsy, the level design is linear and the combat is mediocre. It is quite a short game. It is playable, but not all that fun, especially for fans of the genre.
  22. Jun 23, 2011
    Very disappointed from Square Enix again. You have to choose a class, gone are the days of developing your player based on how you play. You have to play a canned player. Graphics are on par for consoles, controls like a console. Narrow maps. You will enjoy this if you like canned player, click and kill, gamepad games.
  23. Jun 24, 2011
    I'm impressed by the graphics, there is something about the look that is really striking, and the gameplay challenge on hardcore is hard. PC controls are weird, sort of like old school keyboard flight sim, but you get used to them. Play the demo definitely, may not be to everyone's taste. I really like it.
  24. Jun 25, 2011
  25. Jul 1, 2011
    This game had beautiful graphics to it but that is honestly about the extent of it. The game was VERY short for the price tag that the company was asking for it. I would ask around 19.99 for this game and that is being generous. It had a somewhat ok story line that ended all to quickly unlike the past dungeon sieges that kept you playing for hours. The transitions of the story wereThis game had beautiful graphics to it but that is honestly about the extent of it. The game was VERY short for the price tag that the company was asking for it. I would ask around 19.99 for this game and that is being generous. It had a somewhat ok story line that ended all to quickly unlike the past dungeon sieges that kept you playing for hours. The transitions of the story were HORRIBLE as if no imagination what so ever but to simply draw out a picture of something and post words to it. This game can be gone through in less than one day without breaks easily. The controls were absolutely horrible!!!! I did not get used to the controls up until almost the end of the game. For someone looking to blow some money for NOTHING it is great. For someone looking for a really great hard core game you can enjoy for many hours, It is NOT for you. They have seriously let me along with I am sure many others down that truly expected something better from the dungeon siege series. Expand
  26. Jul 7, 2011
    I bought this game thinking it would be fun multi-player, even after I tried the demo, which was stupid. The multi-player portion of the game is awful, for PC anyway. The whole game is awful, I logged in about an hour trying to play multi-player with a buddy and haven't loaded it up since, bye bye $50.
  27. Jul 12, 2011
    It truly feels as if I plugged an XBox DVD of a terrible RPG game into my computer and miraculously got it to run. I can't believe I spend 50 dollars on such an utter failure to this "series". I was an enormous fan of DS1 & 2, this game has zero resemblance to those titles. The controls garbage; storyline garbage; camera garbage; the graphics we're ok; everything else was terrible. OnlyIt truly feels as if I plugged an XBox DVD of a terrible RPG game into my computer and miraculously got it to run. I can't believe I spend 50 dollars on such an utter failure to this "series". I was an enormous fan of DS1 & 2, this game has zero resemblance to those titles. The controls garbage; storyline garbage; camera garbage; the graphics we're ok; everything else was terrible. Only positives were an easy co-op connection experience (thanks Steam), although you are handcuffed to your co-op partner, there's absolutely no freedom. There's no use in explaining any more shortcomings. Don't buy it, don't even pirate it, it's a waste of your bandwidth. Expand
  28. Jul 18, 2011
    I created an account JUST to warn about this game. At the time of writing this, I am at the last fight of the game. My save game clock tells me that I've been playing it for 9 hours and 22 seconds. Everyone else who's rated it poorly has said enough about it--it's a pretty damn awful game. If you're at all interested in this game, I would highly suggest that you wait until it's in theI created an account JUST to warn about this game. At the time of writing this, I am at the last fight of the game. My save game clock tells me that I've been playing it for 9 hours and 22 seconds. Everyone else who's rated it poorly has said enough about it--it's a pretty damn awful game. If you're at all interested in this game, I would highly suggest that you wait until it's in the bargain bin. $7.50-$10 would be a fair price for this franchise slayer. Expand
  29. Jul 30, 2011
    Upon playing the demo, I was first dazzled by the polished characters, from the spells to the scenery, cut-scene style conversations with standard-made-famous Bioware conversation options, and the ability to play the game with little to no interface lag on the highest settings (a topic that has been disappointingly absent in a lot of games as of late).

This is where I decided to buy DS3,

This is where I decided to buy DS3, and where the dazzle ended. After those very good aspects of the game, you are left with some glaring technical issues and a bag full of disappointment.

The forums are full to the brim with technical issues which have not been addressed and it is left to the users to finagle a cure to their computer's affliction with the game.

Probably my biggest annoyance with the game was three things:

1) Only four characters, with no customization options at all. I personally love playing magic user type characters, but I simply cannot "get into it" when my character is an overweight, 60 year old which has the appearance of a crazy homeless man.

2) From what I have read (which is part of the problem), your armor changes in sets; therefore, you will not see a change in your character's model until you reach the next set. To me this screams laziness. The developers took a half-assed route on this issue. I was satisfied with the diverse stats on items, but I want to feel heroic, and I cannot feel heroic if I do not look heroic. My 60 year old crazy homeless man does not look heroic wearing his standard shirt model from level one. (I mentioned having to read about this, because even fifteen levels into the game and I still have not seen a model change)

3) Spells and abilities. Need I say more? Each character in DS3 boasts a whopping nine (9) spells/abilities, three (3) of which are purely defensive. This leaves you with six (6) for the purpose of offense. Now lets take Anjali for example. She is a half magic, half melee user. As I said before, I signed up for the magic part, so I have an aversion to using her melee side. This leaves me which three (3) whole spells in which to obliterate my enemies and save the world. Are we heroic, or what? I think I could get past the very small number of spell/ability options, if there was a lot of customization to go along with them. Instead we are left with each spell having two (2) paths in which to "master" the spell, some of which are mostly undesirable.

Needless to say, my Anjali character is content to heroically save the world using nothing but her basic attack and dodging, as using her spells is mostly just a "meh.. I guess I could use the aoe", instead of it being strategically necessary to use the right spell at the right time.

Sadly, after all this typing, I haven't even mentioned the technical issues in detail. I won't go too far into it, but I will say that after two days of playing the game, it suddenly began to cause my computer to shut off. No blue screen, no application failure. Simply shut off. After tweaking the graphical settings, the game runs fine, however it negates part of what I mentioned liking about the game.

Definitely, definitely not worth the $50 price tag.
  30. Jan 5, 2012
    Probably the worst controls I have ever come across is a game, completely unintuitive, and you can't even remap keys. What a waste of time this game is.
  31. Dec 3, 2011
    With a lineage of excellent gameplay, Dungeon Siege III is just a terrible game. I was expecting an experience that mimicked the enjoyable gameplay of the last two entries in this series. Instead I say a system that seemed to be developed for console gaming that absolutely failed as a PC game.

I won't hold back, NO AUTO ATTACK!?! In the last two entries, we had auto-cast and multi-controls if we wanted to control more than just our character. This game is NOT a continuation of this style of gameplay. It feels like they wanted an active combat system with wonky camera controls and failed to engage the player in the enviroment. Even targeting is absolutley awful.

This should have been simple. click an enemy, you keep attacking till that enemy is dead. Hell even continuous clicks would have been better than what I saw in this game. Click an enemy, you attack it, click a different enemy, you keep attacking the first enemy you clicked on. Hit a button for an ability? Well, sometimes it goes for the enemy you originally clicked on, sometime you just run into a wall and do nothing.

By the way, if you want to play solo, don't pick a ranged character (all but 1 of your three choices). Rushing enemies will hit you faster than the fixed camera controls will allow you to handle. How does a game that was so good before this latestest entry become such a piece of crap? Don't even get me started on the talent tree, because modern game designers seem to think that modern game players are too stupid to handle such a complex scenario!
  32. May 28, 2012
    It's been almost a year since the game was out, if you play it today, what would the rating be? I give it a solid 8, but I will be rating it 10 in order to compensate a little for the rabid idiots who have been voting the game down.

The game plays better if you use a controller but since the controls are customizable, you can play it whatever way you like. I recommend using a, and d keys for moving left and right instead of rotating the camera. This will make the keyboard + mouse combo easy to use and should take care of all the control related complaints.

This game is more console-ish, there is more emphasis on action and less emphasis on stats. It is an Action RPG, whilst the earlier Dungeon Siege were CRPGs. However, the earlier Dungeon Siege's were mediocre CRPGs, while this is actually a GOOD game.

Graphics are really great and the 3D Modellers and the concept artists are to be commended for creating compositions that look beautiful whichever way you are travelling in the game. Great job on art, guys.

The story is standard fare, but still manages to be interesting. You will be interested in finding out what really happened - did the legion really kill the king?

The combat is vastly improved compared to the previous Dungeon Siege versions. The boss battles are frantic, and you are generally on the edge, with you characters getting knocked out often. The standard encounters are easier, but still present a challenge. At least for me, Obsidian got the difficulty just right.

The loot has become less interesting, but still retain the decision making element - do I go for this helm that ups my attack power, or do I go for the one that improves my blocking. And that sort of points to the biggest weakness of the game. It is NOT obvious which stat does what. I have no Idea what the doom stat does, for example. An online search in google has proved fruitless.
    All in all, a very enjoyable game.
  33. Sep 12, 2013
    I liked the game as a stand alone, and I would have liked it more if it actually could be played on the PC. I could only choose one of the four characters to effectively play, as ranged combat was the only option with a keyboard, or so it felt.

This is not a 1 or a 10. It is just another game.
  34. Sep 15, 2013
    I highly recommend this game. play it with someone locally (two controllers) for the entire campaign and you wont regret it.
    the main thing i can say about it is that its fun, we spend hours playing it and we just had fun.
  35. Jun 16, 2015
    Ασε ρε που θα κάτσω ν ασχοληθώ μ αυτη τη μαλακία. Μόνο τα γραφικά κάτι πάνε να πουν. Ολα τ αλλα, ΠΑΤΟΣ.
  36. Jun 21, 2011
    Although the environments look nice, that is where the improvements upon the previous title ends. In fact, this game really does not feel like part of the dungeon siege series at all. This game is a textbook example of a console port gone wrong. The controls and camera angles are awkward, there is no way to change your key settings (for those who are left handed or just prefer differentAlthough the environments look nice, that is where the improvements upon the previous title ends. In fact, this game really does not feel like part of the dungeon siege series at all. This game is a textbook example of a console port gone wrong. The controls and camera angles are awkward, there is no way to change your key settings (for those who are left handed or just prefer different keys), and the targeting system is a turn and face type setup, rather than a point and click. Makes you wonder why they bothered to release this game for the PC at all. In terms of the RPG elements, the first setback is character creation. There is none. You must pick from a cast of 4 characters. There are 9 skills for each character with about 2 of them that are actually useful. Upon leveling you are forced to spend your skill points, which not only breaks up the pace of the game, but doesn't allow you to save up points for later use (ie in a better skill). Items are dull, there are no sets or set bonuses and there are no interesting properties beyond a few attributes and damage modifiers (fire, lightning, vampire). Armour and gear don't visually change your character's appearance much either. Overall a disappointing game for those who really enjoyed the previous two titles. Expand
  37. Oct 14, 2014
    The worst part of the series. Primitive console port, linear, lacking surprise. It should not have been titled Dungeon Siege. The disappointment surpassed the expectations.
  38. Jun 24, 2011
    There isn't very much to say about this game. It's ok. It's not bad, but it doesn't do anything for the genre. But then, I don't think it really tries to.
  39. Jun 21, 2011
    To be honest. I could give it 6 or 7, IF it's not called "Dungeon Siege 3" and misleading people about the "Dungeon Crawler Game". As a "Hack&Slash" "Action-RPG", it has decent Gameplay. But it has NOTHING to do with "Dungeon Crawler" ; it Lacked EVERY SINGLE Element to be a Dungeon Crawler Game. It lacked the variant of loots ; totally pointless to do Online Co-op with others ; andTo be honest. I could give it 6 or 7, IF it's not called "Dungeon Siege 3" and misleading people about the "Dungeon Crawler Game". As a "Hack&Slash" "Action-RPG", it has decent Gameplay. But it has NOTHING to do with "Dungeon Crawler" ; it Lacked EVERY SINGLE Element to be a Dungeon Crawler Game. It lacked the variant of loots ; totally pointless to do Online Co-op with others ; and ultimately, it has NO replayability expect you want start with a new character ; Not to mention, WITHOUT skipping Cutscenes, it still has only 12~15 Hours Gameplay. Which is not accessable as a Full Price ARPG in my opinion. Even the D&D Daggerdale ; a Buggy & Bored Dungeon Crawler Game, can do better on it's length, and that's not a full price game. Too Bad this game called "Dungeon Siege 3" with "Dungeon Crawler" advertised that doesn't exist in game, just because their miserable Marketing. Expand
  40. Jun 21, 2011
    For a series known for their RPG, there really isn't much RPG'ing going on. The story is bland. I mean, really really bland. When you have a linear storyline, games such as Diablo or even the Witcher series, make sure the script isn't written by some 6th grader between lunch breaks. Dungeon Siege III's storyline makes me feel like I'm being treated like a 12 year old.

Character

Character customization isn't there. You get a selection of pre-defined roles but the customization to make you feel like this is YOUR character, isn't there. For a linear storyline, the quests are supposed to be challenging, with various ways of doing it but reaching the same goal. For a non-linear storyline, your decisions affect your next decision and in turn have consequences.

I'm not sure exactly what Dungeon Siege 3's storyline is supposed to be. It's just bad.

The graphic which I'm sure looks great on TV for a console, looks outdated and to be honest, trashy on a high end PC.

The acting and voice acting of NPC's? Oh please. I think I'd have more fun watching Bristol Palin on Dancing with the Stars.

All in all this is a terrible game coming from such a great series. I had such expectations and I was just floored with sadness that I actually spend $50 bucks on this piece of trash.
  41. Jun 22, 2011
    This game has nothing to do with DS series. Only good thing about the game is the gameplay graphics. Dialog and cinematic graphics are horrible. Voice acting is bad and story is not engaging at all, feel free to skip through all the dialogs, you won't miss a thing. Party is limited to 2 characters and there are only 4 characters to choose from. Combat is boring and repetitive, there areThis game has nothing to do with DS series. Only good thing about the game is the gameplay graphics. Dialog and cinematic graphics are horrible. Voice acting is bad and story is not engaging at all, feel free to skip through all the dialogs, you won't miss a thing. Party is limited to 2 characters and there are only 4 characters to choose from. Combat is boring and repetitive, there are almost no side quests and the quests you do are always conveniently put on your path making this game the most linear RPG I've ever played. Also RPG elements like character development are almost non-existent, as there are more levels than options so you'll eventually pickup everything your choice is limited to the order you take them. I didn't try multiplayer that aspect might be fun but otherwise I'd skip this game. Expand
  42. Jun 21, 2011
    Terrifying, and not in the "the graphics are pretty amazing" way although they are at a level acceptable by todays standards. The game unfortunately falls short in all other areas. The storyline is predictable, cut scenes look horrible. The fighting engine is completely useless on PC (which stinks of a straight console port), the platform where the game originated and found its roots. MostTerrifying, and not in the "the graphics are pretty amazing" way although they are at a level acceptable by todays standards. The game unfortunately falls short in all other areas. The storyline is predictable, cut scenes look horrible. The fighting engine is completely useless on PC (which stinks of a straight console port), the platform where the game originated and found its roots. Most importantly something I look for in RPG's is the build.. but.. NO CHARACTER MODIFICATION!? PATHETIC SKILL TREES and NO SET BONUS'S ON ITEMS!? COME ON! Highly disappointing that falls short in a number of areas. My main regret with this title beyond the title itself is buying it on Steam, chances of a refund, slim to none. Expand
  43. Jun 21, 2011
    I can't remember the last time I felt such *loathing* for a game.
    DS3 has absolutely no relation to DS1 and DS2: the use of the "Dungeon Siege" name is fraudulent.
    Controls, camera and voice acting are all cringe-makingly bad. The game looks, feels and sounds like a cheap XBLA knock-off of Torch. The critics responsible for the reviews to the left should be horse-whipped. I can't get my
    I can't remember the last time I felt such *loathing* for a game.
    Controls, camera and voice acting are all cringe-makingly bad.
    The game looks, feels and sounds like a cheap XBLA knock-off of Torch.
    The critics responsible for the reviews to the left should be horse-whipped.
    I can't get my money back but I can at least get my hard drive space back.
  44. Jun 21, 2011
    This is a great game, barring a design choice with the multiplayer. Aside from limiting co-op to sharing a screen, all the other aspects of the games are really implemented well. It's easy to manage your loot, the graphics are nice, and the combat is fun and somewhat deep.
  45. Jun 21, 2011
    Oh dear... I should have looked at the warning signs before I brought it for full price. Released on the console and PC at the same time and Squire Enix being involved being the biggest ones. Firstly the controls aren't configurable thank you so much consoles for that so the change stances button which is Q and your first power which is 1 are right next to each other. You will beOh dear... I should have looked at the warning signs before I brought it for full price. Released on the console and PC at the same time and Squire Enix being involved being the biggest ones. Firstly the controls aren't configurable thank you so much consoles for that so the change stances button which is Q and your first power which is 1 are right next to each other. You will be pressing both of those keys a lot and I keep pressing the wrong one again and again. The controls in general feel clunky and not fluid at all not helping of course by the camera. As the one ranged character you get I found myself firing off the screen at where I hoped the enemy was because I just couldn't zoom out enough to see. The atmosphere just isn't there for me compared to the first two games which was the one thing I hoped they would move over. This is just trading off of the name with some mention of lore now and again to try and link them to rest of the series. I am just hoping we get to a tipping point soon where us customers just have enough of bad games with bad game play that are made just to make money rather then for the love of it. Give us back the fun and we will actually want to pay for it. Expand
  46. Jun 21, 2011
    The controls are inexcusably bad on PC. With games like Diablo, Torchlight and TQ around to demonstrate an easy, functioning industry standard, that's inexcusable. The game is also short with no replayability on harder difficulties to further advance a character, another aRPG standard that was left completely out. Lack of the ability to play and develop your own character in co-opThe controls are inexcusably bad on PC. With games like Diablo, Torchlight and TQ around to demonstrate an easy, functioning industry standard, that's inexcusable. The game is also short with no replayability on harder difficulties to further advance a character, another aRPG standard that was left completely out. Lack of the ability to play and develop your own character in co-op multiplayer on other people's games is another failure. Overall, while the story isn't bad and the game looks pretty, there are major glaring flaws that even Torchlight at 1/5 the cost managed to do right. The obvious focus on the console gaming market hamstrung the game and the resulting awkward, incomplete aRPG is a short, frustrating experience that does a great disservice to both its predecessors and the genre in general. Expand
  47. Jun 21, 2011
    Uff, so much rage. Well here it goes:
    Uff, so much rage. Well here it goes:
    I have never been a big fan of the dungeon siege games (though I have played them both), but I honestly I can´t see the flaws the other reviewers find on this when it comes to make comparisons with the previous entries. They weren´t exactly challenging , and despite a few cosmetic changes what we have here It´s basically the same game: Cliché characters (based in ye good old archetipes), endless corridors (full of monsters and loot) and extremely linear gameplay (well, at least here you actually have to click on the enemies for the character to attack taking away a bit of the ¨interactive screensaver¨ feeling of the series). With the controls I had no issue wathsoever.
    About the story, I think it´s an improvement over the prequels (where it was almost non existant). It´s a bit darker, predictable yes, but well written, and the humour is still there, it´s a different kind, a bit more sophisticated without going to extremes.
    Besides that, I beg to differ about the voice acting and companion ai, for me is was pretty good. Whenever the lead character falls, there is a good chance for the companion to resurrect him.
    All in all, if you take it without inflated expectations (what we have here is yet another diablo clone) it´s a pretty good and polished little game (not one bug I found, a new landmark for Obsidian). I´ll give it a 10 though it more like a 7,5 (definitely not a 0). Have fun.
  48. Jun 21, 2011
    Attention: this is not a hack and slash in the strictest of senses for several reasons. If you want a diablo/TQ/DS clone, then don't buy this game. If you want a fun, pretty, engaging Action RPG that will challenge you, this is the game for you. The controls are decent, even though they are not remappable. They take some getting used to, but once you do, there is very little in the game toAttention: this is not a hack and slash in the strictest of senses for several reasons. If you want a diablo/TQ/DS clone, then don't buy this game. If you want a fun, pretty, engaging Action RPG that will challenge you, this is the game for you. The controls are decent, even though they are not remappable. They take some getting used to, but once you do, there is very little in the game to prevent you from enjoying it thoroughly, so all the ragers reviewing must have two left hands. Honestly, it baffles me that so many people encounter so many problems with what is basically a very classical control scheme. I feel that had this game been made under any other name than Dungeon Siege 3, it would be taking a lot less flak. This is a successor to theses games only in name and setting, otherwise, it's a step up, unless you enjoyed the mind numbing borefest that were the first two games after one playthrough. To each his own, I guess. Expand
  49. Jun 21, 2011
    This game is incredible and one of the best co-op experiences I have had on PC in quite some time. The graphics are not just good or passable, they are great. If this game doesn't look good, then stop playing it on your grandma's computer. I actually walked my character backward so I could again see the brief reflection of the moon in a puddle in one scene. Cut scenes are good and voiceThis game is incredible and one of the best co-op experiences I have had on PC in quite some time. The graphics are not just good or passable, they are great. If this game doesn't look good, then stop playing it on your grandma's computer. I actually walked my character backward so I could again see the brief reflection of the moon in a puddle in one scene. Cut scenes are good and voice actors use appropriate accents and emotion. Every quest is given through cut scene making the quests much more integrated into the story. Character design is far from cliche, with a magic user that is actually a fire spirit with a mysterious background, a female character with both short range and long range guns, and an old geezer with awesome arcane time-bending magic powered through a gauntlet. Plot development and story is more important than allowing fanboys to play dressup with their scantily-clad nighelf dolls. You have four characters to choose from, and the developers went the extra mile changing the story and cutscenes to reflect which character you are using and is present in your party. Music and atmosphere are awesome and work incredibly well to actually immerse the player within the story right from the beginning. In the opening scene, if you listen carefully you can actually hear screams of people very faintly as a manor house burns to the ground, raising the tension dramatically once you catch it. The combat system is a blast! Typical top-down RPG's require heavy investment in uber armor or your character is doomed to be the worthless side kick ranged healer/caster/archer. Not in this game. Each character is given a different "stance" that is more effective in either long or short range combat situations. The addition of the switchable stances make the fight more tactical as a mob you were trying to snipe suddenly turns and charges. Also, the armor and combat is balanced in such a way that most of the characters MUST use their dodge ability which makes the combat much more challenging, original and realistic. Learning to use dodge/block/heal effectively is important, and you cannot just spam heal potions or rely on 30 summoned wolves to fight for your lazy main character. Other reviews have pointed out that the skill tree is not the same as Diablo 2 or Titan's Quest. Everyone accepts that TQ was a Diablo clone and was made to hold us over 'til Diablo 3 gets released 20 years from now. That was not the intent with this game. Rather than copy or clone some other game, they developed a system that allows for modifying the combat style of the character while sticking to skills and abilities that actually make sense for the character. Katarina's bullets can be given the ability to ricochet, Anjali can heal from her fire Area Effect attack, and Lucas can add stuns to his charge attack. These are abilities and skills that make sense with the character design. Co-op is built and implemented very well. Start a new game or load an existing game. Hit a button in the menu and suddenly the game opens to either a public or private game. There is no obnoxious lobby, there is no waiting, and others can join or drop as they wish. You can even co-op on one machine if you have a controller (thank you). There is one serious flaw on co-op that hurts the game and looks like a lazy move on the developers part. If I host a game and others join, the ones who have joined have no way to save their progress on their system. The data is saved on the hosted system, but those that have joined are left out of the save feature. That is not to say they lose their progress as they can always come back to my hosted game at a later time and their character is still there with the same skills and equipment, but that is still a huge glaring flaw that can be blamed squarely on "console port", and could have easily been fixed by using the previous Dungeon Siege game save model. Boooo. They also could have tossed us PC gamers a bone with ten minutes worth of coding to include key mapping, but it doesn't harm the game much as this is not a game that requires 20 buttons to play. Each stance has three special abilities, and this is easily fixed by mapping the side and middle buttons of the mouse to "1,2, and 3". Problem solved. PC controls are simple: camera pans right and left with A and D, you walk forward/backward with W and S and your character fires at whatever your mouse is on when you click. Zoom in/out with Mouse wheel. There are times when you are firing at monsters off-screen using ranged characters, and I would have like to be able to zoom out a hair further. I cannot yet comment on the length of the game yet as I have not completed it, but I felt compelled to defend this game before completing it based on the amount of "i hatez this game. itz 0 cuz I hatedz the demo" reviews I saw here. Expand
  50. Jun 21, 2011
    I feel mislead! The box promised a PC version of Dungeon Siege 3 and instead I got a console port (terrible controls, mystifying camera view, and randomly spaced save game spots) of an RPG Lite (very lite!) game. I even checked reviews before I got it but then realized they were for the Xbox 360 version and NOT the PC version. PRO: good graphics, ok story, and no bugs on my system
    CON:
    CON: controls & camera are so bad the game play is not fun. No in-game save without going to specified spots. Not a PC RPG (i.e. Dungeon Siege 1 or 2) but rather just a console button masher with RPG graphics. I am so disappointed as this could have been fun with more focus on the PC platform.
  51. Jun 21, 2011
    DS 1 and 2 were great games. Enjoy both of them. DS3 is a totally different game. If your looking for DS1&2 this isnt what your looking for. The game companys must be paying people to write good reviews. Because its awful in comparison. If you like DS 1&2 dont buy this game. If your new to RPGs, you might like this. Its just for you casual gamer.
  52. Jun 22, 2011
    This game missed its goal for me. After a few minutes of playing and clunking around the screen, I figured out that the saying still goes : If it's not meant for PC alone, don't touch it! Even on a PS3 I wouldn't bother with it, bland and regular at best all around. Sad example of how publicity hypes a product for its appearance,not its content.
  53. Jun 22, 2011
    I had high expectations but frankly they were squased within 5 minutes. I can live with the linear gameplay and only being able to choose pre created chars. I can live with a so so interface and some less then inspired voice acting. I CAN NOT live with the **** camera ever they have put into this game . The first little boss fight (which happens after 5 minutes orso) made me kill the bossI had high expectations but frankly they were squased within 5 minutes. I can live with the linear gameplay and only being able to choose pre created chars. I can live with a so so interface and some less then inspired voice acting. I CAN NOT live with the **** camera ever they have put into this game . The first little boss fight (which happens after 5 minutes orso) made me kill the boss while I couldnt even see him, you get it he was off-screen. Combine the bad camera with some very awkward controls and you are bound to quite within minutes. I prevailed and played on, but after an hour I just gave up. The story didnt capture me like DS1 once did, playing DS3 feels like a chore and it cant even come close to games like Diablo or Torchlight or even Space Siege....what a let down. Expand
  54. Jun 22, 2011
    I'm not sure why they even bothered porting this to the PC. It has all the limitations of the console with none of the advantages of the PC. No choice, no customization, TERRIBLE camera positioning and control. It barely avoids completely linear progression. Completely unforgivable. Yet another franchise destroyed by the console business model.
  55. Jun 22, 2011
    Graphics are alright, nothing mind blowing, but alright. This is the only thing this game has going for it. It doesn't follow it's predecessors gameplay wise at all. The controls are horid on the PC. Without a gamepad I would go as far as saying it is unplayable. That they have the audacity to call it a co-op game appalls me. It is just a side kick system that gives you no realGraphics are alright, nothing mind blowing, but alright. This is the only thing this game has going for it. It doesn't follow it's predecessors gameplay wise at all. The controls are horid on the PC. Without a gamepad I would go as far as saying it is unplayable. That they have the audacity to call it a co-op game appalls me. It is just a side kick system that gives you no real reason to play with other people. Bottem line, it is not what it is advertised as. Expand
  56. Jun 22, 2011
    I guess I can start by reiterating what so many others have said here and that this game might have scored better had it not called itself Dungeon Siege III. Having played both of the previous DS games, I bought this one sight unseen. My mistake, I know. Controls are bad, co-op shares a common screen (even when playing on different systems) and game play is nothing like the first two.I guess I can start by reiterating what so many others have said here and that this game might have scored better had it not called itself Dungeon Siege III. Having played both of the previous DS games, I bought this one sight unseen. My mistake, I know. Controls are bad, co-op shares a common screen (even when playing on different systems) and game play is nothing like the first two. Using the name of a known series to push a completely different game just strikes me wrong. Will patches bring up the playability? I hope so, but I have my doubts. Expand
  57. Jun 23, 2011
    While Dungeon Siege III looks beautiful, it is nearly impossible to play on the PC. Keyboard+mouse controls are terrible, aggravated by the fact that there is no way to remap the keys to even try to fix things. Additionally, the camera views are terrible. With the two long ranged characters, you will spend many boss fights simply running around clicking since the camera is neverWhile Dungeon Siege III looks beautiful, it is nearly impossible to play on the PC. Keyboard+mouse controls are terrible, aggravated by the fact that there is no way to remap the keys to even try to fix things. Additionally, the camera views are terrible. With the two long ranged characters, you will spend many boss fights simply running around clicking since the camera is never pointing at anything useful. Often, you can't zoom out far enough to even see what you are attacking. Finally, compared to pass Dungeon Siege titles, this game has been ridiculously dumbed-down, with each character getting only 9 abilities total. I can only assume that game companies have decided that we have become too dumb to deal with any amount of complexity in the character builds. Verdict for me: definitely don't buy. This is the first game in a long time that I feel I wasted my money on. Expand
  58. Jun 23, 2011
    Good graphics, good models, and on and offline co-op. For me these things definitly out weigh the story. I found the controls to be ok but I'm playing on the Xbox 360 not the PC so maybe thats why. I liked it thats all that matters to me.
  59. Jun 23, 2011
    I will never fool myself in to buying another dungeon seige game. Dont get me wrong the first was amazing. Its was open and I enjoyed exploring and killing everything I could find, and the sheer amount of armor and weapons was endless, plus the player mods just kept adding more. And the ratings for the game reflected that.
    2 comes along and everything is on rails, you still have all
    2 comes along and everything is on rails, you still have all room to play but the feeling of size and worldliness was gone. And I even remember the rates for it!! they were bad, no one likes it compared to the first.
    Now 3 comes along and im thinking to myself this game should be epic, the company had to have realized that 1 was their money maker, its what people loved and wanted more of, and of course any company picking up this title to continue the series would realize also that what they needed was just 1 revamped, alittle for graphics, more lands to explore, even a more complex character building. What I ended up with though is an even bigger railed game. WTF! Listen if your first was a success, and the second an utter failure you dont continue to build on the second you fools!
  60. Jun 24, 2011
    So far the best Dungeon Siege game that has been released. While the controls might take some time to get used to, the game play is actually pretty fun. And if the mouse&keyboard setup is too much for you, you can always pick-up a controller. Graphics in the game are pretty good, the lighting and spell effects create a nice atmosphere when you are running through dungeons and getting someSo far the best Dungeon Siege game that has been released. While the controls might take some time to get used to, the game play is actually pretty fun. And if the mouse&keyboard setup is too much for you, you can always pick-up a controller. Graphics in the game are pretty good, the lighting and spell effects create a nice atmosphere when you are running through dungeons and getting some of that sweet sweet loot.

And trust me there's plenty of loot and monsters and on hardcore difficulty the boss fights will be challenging and still quite entertaining. Though if you expect that your characters look will change drastically with every different piece of loot, you will be disappointed. Especially the end game loot/equipment looks pretty sweet.

Even though the game doesn't last 40 hours, it does have 4 unique characters each with their own skill set adding some replay value. Also you might want to see how your choices in the game have an effect on Ehb. And there's always co-op. While it doesn't allow you to port your single player character into someone else's multiplayer game the co-op is fun. The system doesn't really encourage you to play with complete strangers, but with your online / real life buddies you can start the game from the very beginning and level that character just the way you like it and go through the story with them from the beginning to the end.
  61. Jun 24, 2011
    I see several reviews stating that the game has potential...potential is something that the demo should show. The game itself should deliver. If you based your vote on "potential" on a final product and not what it delivers, please don't have children as that kind of stupidity is bad for the rest of the planet. You wouldn't rate a steak dinner that was horrible a "10" if "the beef hadI see several reviews stating that the game has potential...potential is something that the demo should show. The game itself should deliver. If you based your vote on "potential" on a final product and not what it delivers, please don't have children as that kind of stupidity is bad for the rest of the planet. You wouldn't rate a steak dinner that was horrible a "10" if "the beef had potential." The controls are horrible and Obsidian knew this. They knew before the game was supposed to launch and deliberately disabled the key binding ability because there was a bug in it. So instead of fixing the problem, they rushed an unfinished product out the door to get it out on time. The only positive from buying this game is its one less company I have to consider for a quality product. I played it for about an hour after I bought it through Steam. I already uninstalled it. Nice waste of $50! Expand
  62. Jun 24, 2011
    OMG I cant believe I purchased this piece of worthless crap and gave obsidian my hard earned $50.00. What are game companies doing? do they NOT even test their junk before putting it on the market? i tried (operative word here) to play this game on the pc. There is no main map, so u have to follow the minimap in the upper corner of the screen which of course only shows you a couple ofOMG I cant believe I purchased this piece of worthless crap and gave obsidian my hard earned $50.00. What are game companies doing? do they NOT even test their junk before putting it on the market? i tried (operative word here) to play this game on the pc. There is no main map, so u have to follow the minimap in the upper corner of the screen which of course only shows you a couple of paces ahead of your location. The game is ugly, clunky, and just flat out does not make any navigational sense, and there is no key binding (what?) Please people, for the love of humanity ... if you haven't purchased this game DON'T! not for the pc anyway. Obsidian ... I want my money back and after this I will NEVER buy your games again. Expand
  63. MGT
    Jun 25, 2011
    This game is totally AWful - The grapics are about the only good thing there is to this game. You can read my full review here: http://mygametake.com/profiles/blogs/hands-on-dungeon-siege-3
  64. Jun 26, 2011
    Dungeon Siege 3 is a game that upon release has become overlooked and under-appreciated by many players.

A very important part of a game and its congruence with the playerbase is the control scheme and accessibility. Where Dungeon Siege has been cited as lacking is in the control. What I think many people have failed to recognise is that there is more than one control option beyond using the mouse to move. In both of my playthroughs of the game I used the WASD movement as opposed to mouse oriented movement, and making me feel after reading these reviews that I am the only one who has used WASD movement. Also the added feature of gamepad support puts this game above many other modern games even in 2011 that do not have gamepad support. I felt more comfortable using the WASD keys than using an X360 gamepad.
    What is important to note that difficulty with controls is a problem with the player, not the game. I felt it was easy to maneuver, dodge and take a somewhat tactical approach to fighting enemies.

In terms of story, this game certainly lacks length but it does not lack content. The consistency of themes, the distinguishable characters and locations, the fluency of conversation and addition of many side quests make this game an outstanding game story-wise. Story is one of this games features that outshines it's predecessors. Having played Dungeon Siege 1 and 2 multiple times through, I know how easy it is to lose sight of quests or plot while dungeon running. Dungeon Siege 3 has countered this problem, giving what could be labeled as 'mindless-action' a sense of purpose and strong reward in the storyline and not just in terms of loot.

Graphically the game is far-beyond any dungeon based role-playing game prior. The attention to detail throughout each town, dungeon and environment exacts the distuinguishable differences between all places in the game. There is little repetitiveness, which is encountered in DS1&2, another superior feature that DS3 holds. Each dungeon is vastly different, and there is no repeated character models or world objects.

Negatives of DS3 are of course the difficulty with which many casual players would not be used to. It is a very different game to previous DS games and is also very different to many other dungeon based games. That being said, the best game experience will be had on the hardest difficulty.

In an industry where re-hashes, ports, hype and repetitiveness is garnering success, Dungeon Siege 3 was bound to receive negative reviews. Many players are scared to try something new or are scared to deal with a little bit of challenge. When you play this game with an unbiased view, when you seek to enjoy and not to criticise you will find that this 'gem in the rough' is a possible contender for 2011 GOTY.
  65. Jul 3, 2011
    for the 6 people who rated it 10/10 , come on now... that is absurd.
    there is noway this game is a perfect 10 for 10, even if you do like it the graphics alone perfect?
    game of the year? that is also crazy talk
  66. Jul 21, 2011
    A disappointing, frustrating return to the DS franchise will leave you crying in your gilded gauntlets. This is yet another example of an outstanding PC genre bastardised in order to fit the square peg in the console round hole. Before you label me a console basher I have an XBox and its a great machine for certain genres, but this is not one of them. Single player frustrations includeA disappointing, frustrating return to the DS franchise will leave you crying in your gilded gauntlets. This is yet another example of an outstanding PC genre bastardised in order to fit the square peg in the console round hole. Before you label me a console basher I have an XBox and its a great machine for certain genres, but this is not one of them. Single player frustrations include appaling camera angles with no free zoom levels, you have 2 levels of zoom, too close and whhooaaaa!! to close. Overegging of the graphical effects create an level of utter confusion at times that left me unable to find my mouse pointer. Cut scenes are too many, too long and embarrasingly poor graphically. The story is short circa 7-8 hours, being bulked out by hinting at replaying it 4 times using each hero....err no thanks! Also this is the "A-Team" of games where none of the boss characters actually die.....oh political correctness gone mad! Initially controls were non mappable but thankfully that has been fixed. Pets are gone, no more donkey or wolf to help you, nurture and advance. No more chests to store your loot and even the transmute spell has been dumbed down in order to cater for 3 year olds. No health potions and weapons, armor and other goodies are far less exciting and frequent. Multiplayer wise its a total washout for me. Remember the glorious freedom you used to have to split off and nip back to town to flog stuff, buy potions, have a pee, make a cuppa? GONE. The game featured the tag line "Together We are Stronger" basically the get out for the fact you can't free roam anymore. Its a huge disappointment for me, there's no sense of freedom and you cant even get offscreen for respite if you're low on health, you're just stuck in this restricted frame of "un-zoom-outedness" Add to this the fact that you can just join the game at level 30 with a new character, get pimped up to level 30 and complete the game 20 mins later and wheres the sense of achievement gone? Character development is firmly in the bin. I could go on for another 500 words nitpicking at this game but I think its had enough of my time already. Move on! Thanks Microsoft/Square Enix for crushing the life from an old friend and leaving him dieing in the gutter. Expand
  67. Jul 23, 2011
    This game was an utter disappointing. I remember when dungeon siege 2 came out and it was really good but always in the shadow of Diablo. But it had it's unique aspects to it which made it interesting and fun to play. This game is unacceptable, the controls are horrible. The way they have their inventory set up makes it look like something that came out of a horror movie and itemsThis game was an utter disappointing. I remember when dungeon siege 2 came out and it was really good but always in the shadow of Diablo. But it had it's unique aspects to it which made it interesting and fun to play. This game is unacceptable, the controls are horrible. The way they have their inventory set up makes it look like something that came out of a horror movie and items disappear after one use. This game deserves a "-10" due to its lack of diversity and terrifying controls. Very, Very disappointed. Expand
  68. Jul 28, 2011
    A game that could have delivered a lot more, but came out mediocre in all of it's aspects. First of all it is quite short. Took me 8 hours to beat it with all the side quests. Story is pretty straight forward, without any major twists and drama. Characters also don't have too much depth to them and game almost lacks any interaction between them. While there was an "influence" meter, itA game that could have delivered a lot more, but came out mediocre in all of it's aspects. First of all it is quite short. Took me 8 hours to beat it with all the side quests. Story is pretty straight forward, without any major twists and drama. Characters also don't have too much depth to them and game almost lacks any interaction between them. While there was an "influence" meter, it failed to attract my attention in any way because the whole point of having high influence was some abysmal buff and achievement. Combat is quite fast paced and fun even with a small selection of skills. Now the problem at this point was that with such a small amount of skills to choose from, it's really weird that only hardcore difficulty forces you to utilize each and every one of them. I've played on normal and probably used only half of the skills in the course of the game. Now that being like 9 skills in total, means i have only used 4-5 skills and only 2-3 extensively, and only on hardcore difficulty i found the need to use most of them. Graphics are quite decent though. Most of the time you will be too busy fighting to pay any attention to the scenery, but during short pauses between fights you can really see that characters and environment is quite detailed. Areas are quite small though and most places consist of some small "corridors", while open areas are far too few. Final fantasy 13 anyone? Good part is that there is quite a lot of areas and you don't have to revisit most of them. Now the real major problem with this game is that it is a pure console port. That being said the game is almost unplayable with standard PC controls. I had to use my PS3 pad in XBOX mode to be able to enjoy this game, which made me wonder, why have i bought it for PC at all. If you don't have any options in this part, i suggest not to bother at all with the game, since playing it on mouse and keyboard is agonizing. With all of the above being said i still find the game attractive enough for a second play through, which shows that while even being mediocre it still manages to deliver. I guess it's just sign of the times. Expand
  69. Jul 31, 2011
    Sight of multiplay is too bad.I feel bad in that.
    And this is not dungeon siege siries.How terrible game this is.
    I'll never not buy Square Enix PC game.
  70. Oct 2, 2011
    DO NOT BUY THIS GAME!! I cannot believe I actually had to pay money for this filth. The game gives me a head ache. It has a look and a feel that might be ok if you're 4 years old. The controls are so terrible that I had nightmares about them all night. So many good gaming principles were thrown out, only to be replaced by such clumsy and unintelligent **** that I am really wondering aboutDO NOT BUY THIS GAME!! I cannot believe I actually had to pay money for this filth. The game gives me a head ache. It has a look and a feel that might be ok if you're 4 years old. The controls are so terrible that I had nightmares about them all night. So many good gaming principles were thrown out, only to be replaced by such clumsy and unintelligent **** that I am really wondering about the iq and mental health of everyone involved in creating this foul abomination. Playing the game feels like a task, as if you are a hamster running in a wheel never actually getting anywhere interesting. I'm not sure why this game is even supposed to be an RPG. There is no point and click, not really any normal skill tree, no character creation or development and what on god's green earth is wrong with the items? Oh yeah, and did I mention the sucky interface? The simplicity that worked so well for ds1 and ds2 has been replaced with stupidity. I would rather suck puke through a straw than play this game. Whatever you do, do not buy this game. Play the demo if you have to see for yourself but please do not reward the clowns that produced this garbage by actually buying it. Now I understand why it was half price on steam this weekend. Expand
  71. Dec 3, 2011
    Graphics are OK, story is average. The female char is fun to play. Single player is doable, but multiplayer at least with more than two people is unusable due to the close view. When anyone pushes the edge of the boundary the rest of the party 'may' be dragged along or the view 'may' stick. It needs to be able to have a much higher view or way of moving separately. Even in the same roomGraphics are OK, story is average. The female char is fun to play. Single player is doable, but multiplayer at least with more than two people is unusable due to the close view. When anyone pushes the edge of the boundary the rest of the party 'may' be dragged along or the view 'may' stick. It needs to be able to have a much higher view or way of moving separately. Even in the same room where we an chat and talk we gave up trying to play this game. After the amazing legacy of multi-playability the previous versions enjoyed this was a very expensive failure. Expand
  72. Jun 12, 2012
    I was very excited when I played the demo and then quickly very disappointed. The controls for the PC is like trying to use a potato peeler to shave your beard. They scream of reckless console port. That alone made the game feel awkward to play and would have given this game a bad score. But of course they couldn't have stopped there. Even though this game has the dungeon siege name itI was very excited when I played the demo and then quickly very disappointed. The controls for the PC is like trying to use a potato peeler to shave your beard. They scream of reckless console port. That alone made the game feel awkward to play and would have given this game a bad score. But of course they couldn't have stopped there. Even though this game has the dungeon siege name it literally has nothing to do with the original series. Every single mechanic is different for the worst. The inventory is a pain to use, the abilities are boring, the fighting is now a boring hack and slash, the stats on the items are uninteresting and randomized, and the camera is like trying to wrestle with a crocodile. Although, the worst of all is the multiplayer. That is the sole purpose that I bought this game when it went on sale on steam. I had the bad fortune to think "What could possibly go wrong", the answer was a lot. Every person playing the game shares the same camera. I don't think you understand the gravity of that statement. EVERY PERSON IN AN -ONLINE COOP GAME- HAS TO SHARE THE SAME TINY CAMERA. It was actually impressive that they made the Coop experience WORSE than the actual game. Thanks for destroying my hopes of my favorite series coming back Obsidian Entertainment... Expand
  73. Oct 2, 2012
    GOOD:
    +++ Pretty standard combat system, but was well explained.
    +++ Combat resources and empowered skills offered nice break from cool-down based systems. +++ Some boss fights near the end demanded some skill. +++ Story line was not too deep, but good enough to follow, if you just want hack-and-slash. +++ Quest tracking on demand let you go straight into action if you are not into
    GOOD:
    +++ Pretty standard combat system, but was well explained.
    +++ Some boss fights near the end demanded some skill.
    +++ Quest tracking on demand let you go straight into action if you are not into wandering around.
    +++ Save points were plenty and did not allow you to backtrack too much.
    +++ Graphics was quite good and presented wide variety of landscapes and enemies.
    +++ Item comparison tab.
    +++ You can use your mouse AND WS AD to move your character (almost).

BAD:
    --- Many enemies were on the slow side and did not have ranged abilities.
    --- Controls were daunting to learn.
    --- Abilities offered no customization.
    --- Talents predictable and boring.
    --- Managing loot was boring because of slow menus.
  74. Jan 16, 2013
    This game is not even close to original DS games. There is no atmosphere, familiar to me, and there is nothing catchy, nor plot, nor gameplay. Too bad that developers want us to pay for "another sequel with better graphics".
  75. May 5, 2013
    The camera is the worst I ever seen in any game over the world. It's impossible to control my character. It isn't addictive. A good job but in a wrong way...
    I expect full translation when I bought a game in my language, but dialogues are in English.
    Finally, only to mention Stream system and its family... Since I installed the game, with titanic efforts to carry out running Steam on my computer, it hangs my system at restart 6 in 10 times, as well as crash updating Stream system.
    Is Stream the "solution" or the "virus"?
  76. Jul 25, 2013
    Horrible controls and crappy camera angles make this game a pain to play. It might be a decent game, but I got fed up just trying to move around and see what was coming at me. You can either move by holding down 2 buttons and see about 10 feet from you, or attack by holding a different 2 buttons and hope you can hit something because that takes a third hand to work the mouse cursor to aim.Horrible controls and crappy camera angles make this game a pain to play. It might be a decent game, but I got fed up just trying to move around and see what was coming at me. You can either move by holding down 2 buttons and see about 10 feet from you, or attack by holding a different 2 buttons and hope you can hit something because that takes a third hand to work the mouse cursor to aim. It's totally retarded and frustrating. Expand
  77. Feb 11, 2014
    While I disliked some things in the beginning, in the end the main things that were bad about it were the amount of item models, the amount(and diversity) of spells, and the amount of upgrades that let you build your character a certain way. The default controls were atrocious, but THEY HAVE KEYBINDINGS for a reason. I had no problem moving my character with WASD, attacking with myWhile I disliked some things in the beginning, in the end the main things that were bad about it were the amount of item models, the amount(and diversity) of spells, and the amount of upgrades that let you build your character a certain way. The default controls were atrocious, but THEY HAVE KEYBINDINGS for a reason. I had no problem moving my character with WASD, attacking with my mouse. I made my healing spell R, which is real quick and easy. While there are a few minor things that Obsidian could have made better, those are the only things that bugged me after playing it twice. The storyline was pretty good (albeit predictable, but I never expect a complex GoT-like storyline from video games nowadays), the old fashion tale of revenge never gets old. The environments were great, the graphics were pretty decent, but just the way the environments were designed was what really made it pop. I thought the combat flowed smoothly, though it was a bit plain. Comparing the game to it's predecessors, it's a downgrade, but I thought the game was still pretty fun. I got quite a few hours of gameplay, as I have in all the other DS games, which was nice.
    If this game had the character customization and the diversity of spells (upgrades, etc) that were big in it's predecessors. this game would have been great. However, it doesn't :( It may not be as fun as the last two, but it's still fun!
  78. May 28, 2014
    Fine for console, but I can see why people getting pissed about it on the PC.

Fine for console, but I can see why people getting pissed about it on the PC.

It's all very meh, the only things I enjoy about it are the co-op, and the story. The combat system is pretty dodgy, and really all too easy. 3 of the 4 characters you can choose have ranged fighting styles so its really too easy to keep your distance and spam attacks while dodging any they throw at you. The customization is really minimal, somehow getting even worse than the previous dungeon sieges.

The biggest downside IMO is that it's SO DAMN SHORT. I completed it in one day of solid gaming, waking up about 8-9am and was finished it by 11 pm that night. Since then I've started other games and they are going by even quicker because I know where everything is. The replay ability is garbage because of this.

Still Co-op is fun, nearly everything is shared and it makes the hard difficulty a walk in the park.
  79. Sep 7, 2014
    This game exhibits the unique property of raising mixed feelings of pure enjoyment and abysmal frustration in almost equal proportions, though I think that frustration wins in the end. My opinion is explained analytically below, analyzing different aspects that I deem critical. I have awarded points based on the premise that 10 stands for an overall stellar performance in all game aspectsThis game exhibits the unique property of raising mixed feelings of pure enjoyment and abysmal frustration in almost equal proportions, though I think that frustration wins in the end. My opinion is explained analytically below, analyzing different aspects that I deem critical. I have awarded points based on the premise that 10 stands for an overall stellar performance in all game aspects and 0 represents a game barely playable, the essence of flagrant disrespect on behalf of the developer team to the gamers. Well, as you might have imagined by now, Dungeon Siege 3 favors both ends of the scale, averaging to a mere mediocrity.

Plot, quests, side-quests: 8
    The main story is good enough with enough plot twists to convey an overall pleasant experience. The side-quests nonetheless are outrageously mediocre and lackluster.

Graphics: 7
    In terms of colorations, fx and art-quality (textures and design of NPCs and heroes) are nicely done and are almost in par even with today's (2014) standards. The textures are detailed and the colors vivid, painting a picturesque world that enhances player immersion. However, the animations lack this wow-factor that would help boost the overall experience and negate part of the dreadfulness that follows. That means, for the most part, not many variations in heroes' actions, mostly static and non-interactive background (apart from only a few breakable and story-critical objects), strictly linear . animations even during intense battle scenes.

Camera mechanics: 2
    Remember what we told about player immersion a few lines back? Well scratch that. The erratic motion of the camera-view renders the game unplayable at times and increases the possibility of an unfair death especially during critical battles with multiple foes or bosses. This not only cripples gameplay, but also increases the frustration to such levels that that one has to exit the game and retry some hours later just to avoid smashing his keyboard to pieces.

Control mechanics: 0
    Another factor that sends the game's value to a free-fall plummet, is its poorly engineered control mechanics. The only reason I put 0 here is because I sincerely feel that the game is an awful console port and there was deliberately given no consideration for PC users, who typically use keyboard and mouse combinations and not controllers, joypads and joysticks. One can control the player via the classic WASD keys from classic action games but the caveat is that keys D, A do not strafe or move the hero sideways as one could expect rather than rotating the whole camera clockwise or counter-clockwise respectively causing nausea and disorientation to even veteran players as myself. The only viable alternative - IMHO - is control with mouse and supplementary keys for actions (spells, powers etc).
    The most horrid transgression however is the fact that due to the aforementioned crazy camera twitches and crappy key-buffering (I guess) sometimes the controls become completely unresponsive (clicking does nothing) or they produce the opposite results (you click forward and go the other way since - yay! - the camera rotated on its own 180 degrees). This of course results in your untimely and completely unfair demise.

Menus & Dialogues & Inventory system: 2
    The painfully slow cascade of unnecessary dialogues needed to perform a single thing and the overall annoying and unintuitive inventory system put the nails on DS3's coffin. You will find yourself postponing more and more the decision to change the gear on your main character as well as her companions, since it is so difficult to find out what is really best for you. The only positive thing in that ugly bundle of mistakes is that each gear piece is automatically sorted under the correspondent item's category slot making it slightly easier to come to an informed decision. Also you can change only the active companion's gear at a time meaning that you must cycle-select manually all your companions (one at a time) to keep them up-to-date. Moreover, the bonus stat values are named in a weird innovative way (trying to throw in some innovation and differentiate from other similar games) and no hints are given as to what exactly they do or offer. Lastly, the level-up of all heroes is launched automatically after all nearby enemies have been defeated and there are really not many options there since, again, not enough context is given on what exactly every ability does and what the benefits
  80. Apr 6, 2015
    There is an inherent problem with this game, being that this game is a sequel. The reviews are derisive on this title and so I thought I should shed some light on the problem. In short, this should have been titled differently, its nothing like Dungeon Siege I or II, which aren't really that great. That's why they went a different direction for DS3. Many people love Dungeon Siege andThere is an inherent problem with this game, being that this game is a sequel. The reviews are derisive on this title and so I thought I should shed some light on the problem. In short, this should have been titled differently, its nothing like Dungeon Siege I or II, which aren't really that great. That's why they went a different direction for DS3. Many people love Dungeon Siege and all of those people hate this game.
    If you've never played any Dungeon Siege games before and you want a good two player game to play with the wife or kids, this is the game for you my friend.

Gameplay - (8.5) Controls are tight, gameplay is shallow on the surface but very deep as levels progress past 15. Two fighting stances and 3 attacks per stance, however at high levels mastering this switching for offensive and defensive combos is really fun and challenging.

Graphics - (8) The visual design is beautiful, but it's also very cliche. The female character models are almost always wearing armor that doesn't protect vital organs. The lighting effects are awesome and the game visualizes your progress, as you get stronger your equipment will glow brighter and be more intricately detailed

Sound - (9) Fully voice acted, story driven narrative. Even minor characters are voiced out.
    The soundtrack is beautiful, but its also in perfect harmony with the action on-screen. It's not perfect, but its damn near it.

Co-Op Multiplayer (7) - I've played with the online multiplayer and found it to be amazing. I don't have many online friends, but within a single day I had met two people that played regularly and were very friendly and easy to play with. If nothing else, I can say the community for this title is friendly. This game is also OLD and so the multiplayer community is probably dead now.

Overall Feelings - A strong title for ARPG enthusiasts. If you like Diablo II or III then try this game.
    It was a good game when I bought it for $30, it became a gem when I bought it again for my ten year old for $7.99

1. Oct 26, 2011
    One of the biggest differences in this game is that you exert a lot of control over your main character.
  2. Aug 30, 2011
    Ultimately, Dungeon Siege III is an easy-to-play popcorn journey into the classic action-RPG genre, hitting every checkbox. There is little innovation here, but it offers plenty of examples of how good design and development practices can make a derivative game enjoyable - and how a pretty severely console-designed game can be adjusted to feel largely right on a PC.
  3. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Aug 29, 2011
    Don't be discouraged by the slow and dumb beginning of the game – you'll be rewarded by many hours of fun. Strong story and cooperative multiplayer are more than worth your attention. [Issue#207]