3.5

1. Nov 12, 2011
    The negative reviews here are the culmination of problems that a 'few people' experienced. I played Daggerdale for 30 hours on Steam and I can say that its a good hack and slash game with some pretty good elements. The Good:
    1)Good visuals that aren't cluttered with extraneous effects to slow down the action
    2) Good action with good sound and satsifying hack and slash combat with
    2) Good action with good sound and satsifying hack and slash combat with 'bite'
    3) Four playable characters each with different playstyles. Fighter, rogue/ranger, wizard and cleric. 4) Easy and fun with a 360 Controller. Also playable with the mouse and keyboard but 360 controller recommended since there are no camera issues. The Bad:
    1) The game is not that long. Its about half as long as you would expect and a third as long as a very good long game. 2) Not too much variety in environments. A more realistic color palette unlike say Dungeon Siege III which has a very nice usage of color and effects. But the combat in Daggerdale is better. 3) Some technical issues....appears that maybe 30% of the weapons and armours are missing textures so they appear blue. Some people lost their save games and of course this was a main reason for such an outrcy with the negative reviews. Personally I don't see it as much of a big deal. One playthrough of the entire game with a single character is not more than 10-12 hours for a new player, an experienced player can probably skip all the side quests and go through it in 2-3 hours. This is definitley not something like Titan Quest where your 90th level character that you've been playing for 3 months got deleted. All in all a good game, with good combat. Would be a great game if it was twice as long and had more chapters in the campaign.
  2. Oct 20, 2015
    Very nice game to play cooperatively :). Really enjoyed from start to end with my brother. Just hoped it could be longer, be while the game is simple - we have really good fun. Need a quick fantasy tale with lots of action? Give this game a try, really good.
  3. Sep 11, 2011
    It is limited. OK but limited. Fix your expectations that its not going to blow your mind either with graphics or gameplay and that your choices will be somewhat limited and personally I didn't find it that bad. At the price it is just about OK - but could have been far better.
  4. Nov 3, 2013
    Not an awful hack and slash RPG but not a great one either. Buggy too, but to be honest I'm surprised people were expecting more from it. There are, however, numerous similar and much better games for your money.
  5. May 2, 2012
    This wasn't an earth shattering game but it wasn't a terrible game. There are some graphical glitches and the voice overs are mediocre but overall the game was an enjoyable hack and slash with the DnD flavor. Using the 360 controller made this game very easy to play.
  6. Jan 16, 2012
    I find DnD:Daggerdale a fun game. I've played DnD table top and it has a lot of same builds. The controls are easy nothing to hard or complex. and at for the price its a steal. The story line is good and the game play is fun. The only down side is you can't make your own char. You can only pick from a Mage Halfling, Elf rogue, Human Fighter, and Dwarf Cleric. I wish they would have let youI find DnD:Daggerdale a fun game. I've played DnD table top and it has a lot of same builds. The controls are easy nothing to hard or complex. and at for the price its a steal. The story line is good and the game play is fun. The only down side is you can't make your own char. You can only pick from a Mage Halfling, Elf rogue, Human Fighter, and Dwarf Cleric. I wish they would have let you build your own. This game is still worth play. I recommend it the game not hard so it could dull the game play later on. But it just really sucks you can make your own Char. That really kills the fun for me. Expand
  7. May 24, 2012
    The game is somewhat a dissapointment, there are few aspect of the game that are just BAD like the story and the lack of enemy variety, also no char customization is another negative point... at least the gameplay is somewhat fun.

1. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jul 30, 2011
    Cooperative dungeon crawler based on Dungeons & Dragons rules might sound like RPG heaven. But it is not for so many reasons – and that's a real shame and pity. [July 2011]
  2. PC Games (Russia)
    Jul 21, 2011
    It's really hard to resist and not dub this game as "Buggerdale". Surprisingly, there are moments when it plays even better than its full-priced rivals. [August 2011, p.107]
  3. Jul 14, 2011
    Slow, clunky, and prone to glitchiness, playing Daggerdale feels like a sentence to an actual dungeon.