5.0

1. Aug 2, 2012
    DDO has lots of potential - but it will never come to pass. Here are some problems: 1) past level 6 or so you practically have to pay for the game. Most content will be blocked and of course that content offers items to help your character get stronger, so without the additional adventure packs or VIP, your at a huge disadvantage. 2) This game has a lot of buttons you need to remember. If memorizing 40+ buttons is easy for you, you can disregard this, for the rest of us humans, you will either spend a lot of time getting used to it or give up. I played this game for 4+ years and still haven't memorized everything. I'm also playing a fighter... who is one of the more simple classes to play, and I still have 4 bars worth of clickies. It's also very ugly. 3) unless you have lots of friends be prepared to die a lot. Finding a good guild is difficult, and without lots of friends or a good guild, you will be dead a lot since the game is designed mostly for players who have either played the game long enough to carry equipment from one character to their fresh one, or for those with lots of friends. 4) the download time is insane - it took about 4 hours before I could get in game. You also should choose a good server, the people on thelanis and sarlona seem to be the friendliest, unfortunately for me, all my characters are on argonesson, and I've invested to much time to start over on another server. Not that I will continue to play the game anyway. I'll talk about positives now: The story and voice acting are pretty good. The character customization is awesome and the graphics are decent... nothing great by todays standards, but for us old school gamers who can appreciate eye candy even if it's not the latest, its nice at times. Expand
  2. Jul 16, 2012
    This Expansion of DDO is a sham, a horrible disgrace, completely half-baked and not worth anyone's time or money. They still have not given me all of my pre-order bonuses. Horrible service, avoid at all costs.
tbd

No score yet - based on 1 Critic

1. Jul 18, 2012
    DDO: MotU literally bridges the gap between Eberron and the fan favorite Forgotten Realms campaign settings. The team at Turbine has done a good job at weaving a tale that incorporates elements from D&D cannon that allows them to create a pathway anchoring one realm metaphysically to the other.