7.0

1. Aug 8, 2011
    This mmo is... different. You start out with a custom character, there's a ton of unique things and a ton of unique players. It's very refreshing, and with a good role play guild it's simply amazing. Also, there are many ways to customize the graphics, allowing it to look nice on even low-end systems, and look great on high-end ones. (for an mmo, of course it can't compare to Black Ops in graphics) Expand
  2. Mar 31, 2012
    Since it's gone f2p this is the best f2p out there without a doubt- whenever I'm not playing a p2p or a console game, this is my fallback. The sheer variety of quests and goals in this game will blow you away- this isn't a 'grind 50 goretusks' game, every quest has its own story, enemies, bosses, traps and unique feel. This is one mmo that truly doesn't feel like any other.
  3. Feb 22, 2013
    I'm relatively new to the MMO world, but I've been playing RPGs since I was a young kid. So this is coming purely from an RPG fan perspective. That being said, I am really enjoying it so far. I got lucky and have a few friends who joined up around the same time, and got invited into a guild fairly quickly, so I've had no problem finding people to do quests with.

The combat is very fun
    and the leveling system is very faithful to D&D while making the necessary tweaks to make it more fun on a PC. The community has been very helpful so far. Most of the negative reviews seem to be early in the game's F2P days, and from what I've read and discerned from talking to other players, the game has evolved a great deal since the early days.

I'm not a graphics fiend, but I found the graphics to be acceptable, and the game runs great (30ish FPS outdoors, 50+ indoors) on my relatively low-end rig with a bit of tweaking, without looking like crap.

I'm really enjoying this so far, about a week after signing up. I recommend doing some research into classes before signing up, or if you don't want to got that route, don't dual class with your first character.

Overall a fun experience so far.
  4. Apr 24, 2014
    This game has the closest interpretation of the Dungeons and Dragons 3.5 tabletop rules of any game. This leads to one of the greatest things about the game: it isn't balanced. You could build your character to be a badass, or you could build your character to suck. Its not going to stop you from doing either one. Using the system you can design your character to be quite unique and specialized. You could make a rogue is really strong, or really dexterous, or one that is really smart and has a mountain of high level skills to be able to handle any task. Its really up to you. The downside of this is for some people is that to really be good at this game you need to learn the rules of Dungeons and Dragons. Also, you really should have a good idea what you're going to do with your character before you create it, and that could be frustrating for some people who are new to the game.

Like most of the Free-to-play MMOs out there, you can play this game completely for free, but it is a million times better if you're a subscriber. The free-to-play setup they use disables selling items on the auction house, the shared bank, and the majority of playable content over level 4 (there are 28 levels) and limited character slots. It also disallows free-to-play players from playing through content on a higher difficulty the first time through and there is a cap on the amount of money you can hold.

With an active subscription you can sell items on the auction house and use your shared bank, collect mountains of gold and access all of the content. While this may sound like a lot of restrictions on free-to-play players, one should keep in mind that there are ways that it isn't as restrictive as certain other games where they don't let free-to-play players even whisper or hand an item to another player. This means that if you log in for free then you can give the game a good try before you decide to spend any money.

As another reviewer mentioned, you could spend $1500+ on this game and still have things left over to buy. On the other hand, for $15/month you get the majority of that unlocked for you, which is a much better deal.

I got to level 9 with a few characters, so I can't say much about the end game. I can say that this game is a lot better when you have a friend or guild to play with.
  5. Feb 22, 2013

The combat is very fun

Overall a fun experience so far.

1. It is a great game, matching in spirit the pen and paper version.
  2. It hits on almost every front. Present are the adventure elements of high fantasy, the mysterious magical elements of the war-torn world of Eberron, and the deep-rooted numerical elements.
  3. Sure, there are flaws and the lack of any soloing capability, the occasional difficulty in finding groups, as well as the apparent slowness of levelling get irritating, but they're nothing in the face of what it does properly.