7.3

1. May 30, 2012
    I won't rate this game an 8, 9 or 10, because that would be an insult to the brilliant games out there which do deserve it. Rather I will fairly rate it a 4, that is to say it's a mediocre game, it's entertaining and worthwhile but not mind blowing. If you like the idea micromanaging many small diggers, collecting ore, digging tunnels - this game will entertain you. For a few hours.I won't rate this game an 8, 9 or 10, because that would be an insult to the brilliant games out there which do deserve it. Rather I will fairly rate it a 4, that is to say it's a mediocre game, it's entertaining and worthwhile but not mind blowing. If you like the idea micromanaging many small diggers, collecting ore, digging tunnels - this game will entertain you. For a few hours. Because there is very few content, there are only two unit types, and very few things to do. I have a feeling this game could have been brilliant if it had three times more content, but as it is, it's very simple, and you'll have done everything there is to do after a few (albeit fun) games. Expand
  2. Jan 28, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Dwarfs!? Well now I always thought Dwarfs were supposed to be smart, but playing this game one would think they were the dumbest collection of inbred idiots ever... Now don't get me wrong this game is not that bad actually, it's a good way to pass time if you are in the mood for something similar the old "Dig Dug" game from Namco we used to play on our ancient Box style TV's...

The aim of the game is to try and control your little idiot dwarfs in a big square of dirt with random black areas which are supposed to be caves, inside these caves can be a number of good or bad things like Lava (Bad), Water (Bad), Goblins (Bad), a Boss to fight (Bad), Sweet Blow Nothing (Bad) or 3 or 4 blocks of treasure (The only good thing in the game)

And while you are trying to get your little idiots to get to the treasure they just keep on reproducing themselves up to a point ( Doesn't take very long actually - about 10-15 minutes ) where you are no longer in control of the game at all... you just have to try and keep an eye on the many warning messages that pop up to try and save your little idiot dwarf strongholds and village... My opinion these dwarfs are so stupid I think you would be doing them a favor to kill them.

There is one good thing about the game though and that’s the mini games... well its not that amazing, to give you an idea, if you can remember playing the Olympics game on the old tv games where you had the archery challenge well this is the same thing, except you are throwing axes at 3 board targets with a bunch of wood poles getting in your way.

Wow this is probably the most sarcasm I ever put in a review... so the verdict.

THIS GAME IS CRAP !
    My Rating - 4/10 - You have absolutely no control of the game whatsoever, you can just as well sit and watch the computer play its own game.
tbd

No score yet - based on 3 Critics

1. Aug 2, 2011
    It is a varied game with 2D graphics and monotonous sound, but it can be fun making the little dwarfs to be dug through the huge caves.
  2. PC PowerPlay
    Jul 10, 2011
    With more campaign missions, this would be easy to recommend. But even as is, it's still good, cheap entertainment. [Aug 2011, p.73]
  3. May 16, 2011
    Compulsively playable, Dwarfs!? makes losing even more fun than ever.