Dwarfs!? offers an addictive, fast paced arcade-like experience, with plenty of difficulty levels and game modes to play, in the tradition of great games such as "Lemmings" and "Dwarf Fortress."
As the new overseer for your underground Dwarf base, your job is to manage the small colony and make it as rich as possible, before they meet their inevitable doom! To survive as long as possible, youll have to steer and guide your greedy little fellows to the richest points in the caves, while avoiding all the dangers so they dont end up destroying your Town Hall and its essential supply of beer.
They explore for you, they mine for you and they fight for you - but if you don't keep an eye on them, they'll do what they do best: die for you and take everyone else with them. But, if all else fails when the Spider Queen comes for you use the Outposts Dwarf Cannon and shoot Dwarfs at her!
There are only 3 certainties in this world: death, taxes and that Dwarfs always dig too deep!
- Fun for all ages and skill levels of gamers, with randomly-generated caves so the game is different every time.
- Madly Addictive Arcade Mode: 4 difficulty levels ranging from casual to crazy hard-core, time limits from 5 minutes to endless, randomly-generated caves and all the gold and monsters you can handle!
- Base Defense Mode: Tower Defense gameplay, except you dont have a tower. And your Dwarfs dig the routes. Then you defend against waves of monsters!
- Rush Mode: Can you handle Dwarfs spawning at insane rates and digging everywhere?
- Dark Mode: This time, the only light is in the tunnels your Dwarfs dig. Spooky!
- Campaign Challenges: Tutorials where you can learn all about being a Dwarf Overseer in a few minutes and Challenges where you can put those Overseer abilities to the ultimate test.
- Leaderboards: Compare the size of your beard (and your scores) with your friends and the rest of the world.
- Sandbox Mode: Create your own caves!
- Codex: Alongside the integrated help system is the Codex the fount of all Dwarf knowledge! Contains everything you need to know, including video tutorials for the budding Overseer.
- Medals and Achievements: Lots and lots of shiny stuff to collect and show off to your friends!
- Fully Integrated with Steamworks
- And Zombies. Not to mention goblins, skeletons, spiders, dark elves and more.… Expand
Nov 4, 2012I love this game. I really do. I started playing because it's completely free to play on Steam, and I was bored one day. Hopelessly addicting, this game calls for strategy, quick thinking, and resource management. Dig around, open caves, mine minerals, kill the random shaman or lich king, make some money, and avoid opening up more than once entrance to a lava or water cave because that really, really sucks. Opening up caves is like opening Christmas presents--some have money, others have fruitcake, and you don't know which is which until you open it. Very low learning curve, achievements are fun to unlock, and plenty of challenges. This is a great game to kill some time with. I gave this game a 10 because it's simple without being boring, engaging without being complicated, and challenging without being strenuous. It does what it's meant to do, and it does it beautifully.… Expand
Jul 5, 2011This is one of those games that will make you paranoid and twitchy every time a dwarf gets near a cave. You can choose an arcade of 5 minutes, 10 minutes, up to 60 minutes. The demo didn't really do the game justice as it doesn't give you the full fractiousness of the game, but it gets the general idea across. as of June 1st 2011 Steam has it on sale for $5 and I would tell everyone to buy it without even thinking, and you wont regret it.… Expand
Nov 1, 2011Imagine you have 1 child at first. 10 minutes later you have 12, 30 minutes later you have 47. All of them are careless, undisciplined, and reckless. It's like trying to beat the high score on a pin ball machine without having your children to ruin it for you. As frustrating as it seems, it's also challenging. And that is what makes this game fun and worth playing it.… Expand
May 8, 2011Do you like dwarfs? well do you?
Because you are going to have to deal with a whole lot of them, at first the game seem a bit slow and placid but as time goes on your going to be dealing with loads of them.
One of the main aspects of the games is that you do not control the dwarfs, they dig around at there own whim, you can control them with way points, but they cost. In a way that makes it more frantic as you have to decide, control them, or let them go on there own merry way. If you control them, it costs money (and finely there will be so many dwarfs it will be near impossible to do) but if you let them wonder they get into all sorts of trouble, for example mining into caves full of lava.
Talking about lava the main obstacles in the game are lava, water and hoards of bad guys that want nothing but your blood, to deal with the latter you will need dynamite and walls, oh and to "solidify" the walls of the cave (stops dwarfs mining Through them) but to deal with with the bad guys? You will need fighters to protect the weak miners and stop the evil bosses, however there as organised as the miners (stumbling round like idiots).
All in all the game has simple controls, a simple yet nice looking graphics and will probably get you addicted. For Â£7.99 it is well worth it, it will probably keep you busy for a long while.… Expand
May 30, 2012I won't rate this game an 8, 9 or 10, because that would be an insult to the brilliant games out there which do deserve it. Rather I will fairly rate it a 4, that is to say it's a mediocre game, it's entertaining and worthwhile but not mind blowing. If you like the idea micromanaging many small diggers, collecting ore, digging tunnels - this game will entertain you. For a few hours. Because there is very few content, there are only two unit types, and very few things to do. I have a feeling this game could have been brilliant if it had three times more content, but as it is, it's very simple, and you'll have done everything there is to do after a few (albeit fun) games.… Expand