Echelon PC

6.8

1. PaulC.
    Jan 25, 2010
    Well I bought this game a long time ago and I was going through my CDs looking for something to play I noticed this CD. If I have to summarize it in one word it would be: disappointing. This game had a lot of potential but none of it was realized. The concept is interesting, as you fly a hovercraft. They control much like a helicopter would. You can customize your weapons a little bit and Well I bought this game a long time ago and I was going through my CDs looking for something to play I noticed this CD. If I have to summarize it in one word it would be: disappointing. This game had a lot of potential but none of it was realized. The concept is interesting, as you fly a hovercraft. They control much like a helicopter would. You can customize your weapons a little bit and then take to the skies. Single player was again, disappointing. It was short and rather hard at times. Multiplayer is just deathmatch or lousy coop against bots that respawn. The problem is you can't control how many of them spawn, which are far too few and it too easy. If the devs put CTF modes, a centralized server listing system, and further support for the game it would have held better but none of that was ever realized. I think even the devs "Baka" forgot about their own game a month after it was released. There is little to any info about this game on the internet. What a pity. Expand

1. It's easy to be wooed by Echelon's glorious graphics and its sometimes epic atmosphere, but the game is marred by a few problems which could sadly bring it down with a disappointing thud for many.
  2. Graphics aside, several key issues keep it from reaching the level expected of today's sims, such as: a difficult-to-access multiplayer mode, a mediocre interface, poor sound effects, and harder-than-necessary difficulty.
  3. The game is really not helped by slightly confusing controls, and it will take a few premature deaths before you really get the hang of them but once you do, the excellent nature of the audio-visuals really draws you into the game and leaves you absolutely hooked.