8.4

1. JasonL.
    Oct 3, 2007
    I was so geared up for this game. Quake with objectives, vehicles and mass war. All the screen shots looked awesome and Carmack was talking about mega textures. Well when I played the demo, I was really upset. WTF is this game? Its production values are so low, I couldn't believe it was part of the Quake license. It seems unfinished or half made. The sounds are weak and are way too I was so geared up for this game. Quake with objectives, vehicles and mass war. All the screen shots looked awesome and Carmack was talking about mega textures. Well when I played the demo, I was really upset. WTF is this game? Its production values are so low, I couldn't believe it was part of the Quake license. It seems unfinished or half made. The sounds are weak and are way too generic. The models are dodge. The megatexture is megacrap. The vehicles suck really badly. The guns are boring. The action is fast paced in the way a rotten tomato flying at a brick wall is fast paced. The game is confusing and horrible. I don't think I have EVER had such a negative reaction to a game. Are these critics reviewing the same game? Or did a different version get sent to them? I hate to put down something that has obviously taken a lot of time and effort, but I really can't stand this game. It certainly isn't ground breaking, more like stomach churning. I think it stinks. Expand
  2. harrisonschaerr
    Oct 1, 2007
    massive disappointment.

halo 3 and TF2 on pc, and even the good old cs:source are better...

the net code is awful, and the physics primitive.

it literally feels like playing a 5 year old game... do not buy. try the demo, you'll see what i'm talking about.

I was so excited, what a waste.
  3. RichardL.
    Oct 6, 2007
    Wow - what a piece of crap! I was so looking forward to this - but boy what a disappointment. I can't believe this was released by ID. It STINKS. The netcode is terrible, the gameplay is so frantic it's not even fun - nothing like the battlefield series or any other MP game. Boy is it bad. The graphics make for good screen shots, but in the game they look really funny - Wow - what a piece of crap! I was so looking forward to this - but boy what a disappointment. I can't believe this was released by ID. It STINKS. The netcode is terrible, the gameplay is so frantic it's not even fun - nothing like the battlefield series or any other MP game. Boy is it bad. The graphics make for good screen shots, but in the game they look really funny - it's like there's no depth perspective in the game - everything is flat or something. Whatever, this game sucks - I'm hope TF2 is awesome.... Nice job ID - way to disappoint. Expand
  4. JoseL.
    Oct 6, 2007
    This game is not a Quake war , Q2 was a Quake war but not this, it is just a revamped WET. What deception for the solo campaign, i prefer Quake4 solo campaign ... Finaly 54 $ for this , i think i am crazy End transmition.
  5. BerryM.
    Oct 10, 2007
    Even with higher end gaming systems it really hasn't made up for the lacking physics and graphical downfalls. As said before its not smooth running engine and is a recap of any other veichle/infantry game but on its worst day. Battlefield had same issues in the begining as well and fixed it with patches but they were its first of its time to do this.And they finally got it right.
  6. GemetzelNONONO
    Nov 7, 2007
    Doesn't bring anything new to the genre. Battlefield 2142 does this way better. The objective based gameplay is overhyped and uninspired. Strogg and humans need to be far more different and weapons need to be balanced. Gets old fast.
  7. JasonLong
    Sep 13, 2007
    This review is based on the demo.
    This game feels sooo unfinished that all my anticipation and excitement about getting it were gone after 5 minutes of actual play.
    The sound effects, controls, graphics all have that unfinished aspect to them. The art style is ugly as sin. I thought Quake 4 looked pretty cool, but this is just visually boring. I have to mention I love BF2142 and BF2 and
    This review is based on the demo.
    I have to mention I love BF2142 and BF2 and playing this game just makes me want to play battlefield.
    I think these guys made a huge mistake releasing this demo. It just proves to everyone how substandard the game is.
    Yeah, this is a demo of the finished game, but it looks, plays and sounds like a really bad beta test.
  8. MichielG
    Jan 4, 2008
    the good:
    strogg thema
    good option manu system(everything is easely changeble) limbo menu opjectives (instead of BF flag system) The bad: Graphics change from good, to utter crap. no VoIP bad sounds (from guns to chat-voices) opjective's are quickly repetative (in multiple maps, its precisely the same transmitter you have to blow up) vehicle's are unballanced (1
    the good:
    strogg thema
    good option manu system(everything is easely changeble)
    limbo menu
    opjectives (instead of BF flag system)

The bad:
    Graphics change from good, to utter crap.
    no VoIP
    bad sounds (from guns to chat-voices)
    vehicle's are unballanced (1 rocket can kill all but the tanks)
  9. Warmonger
    Oct 11, 2007
    Pure crap!! if your idea of fun is a game constantly crashing when you try to go on line and fighting other players who probably spend 247 on this game.... good luck and by all means!!

1. A brilliant and immersive game...On the one hand you've got the sheer technical prowess and experience of id, and on the other you've got Splash Damage's intrinsic understanding of what makes a good online shooter. Together, you've got a game that could set a new benchmark for the genre. [Nov 2007, p.62]
  2. ETQW delivers plenty of fast-paced action, and nothing beats the feeling of finally breaking through firmly entrenched defenses. It's not the absolute best multiplayer game, but it's definitely worth playing.
  3. No other combat game has maps this lavish, or ambitiously designed. [Nov 2007, p.88]