Enter the Matrix PC

6.6

1. Nixon
    May 25, 2003
    The graphics make the original quake look state of the art. Disappointing on every level. A sham and a travesty. Postall 2 is a better game and it's the worst game i'd thought i'd ever seen. Robbery. The bright side: combat is amusing for a while (22 minutes), otherwise no points at all.
  2. TimA.
    Jun 25, 2003
    This game had so much publicity! Everyone expected it to be great, instead it is just one of those ordinary games with horrible graphics. This game requires so much hardware but produces poor quality graphics!
  3. Domicron
    Jun 2, 2003
    For two years+ in development and an outrageous budget, this was the most unpolished, forgettable game i have ever played. Utter disappointment. While it probably deserves like a 3 or 4, i'm gonna give it a 0 just b/c of all the overhyping they have done and continue to do.
  4. BradD.
    Jul 14, 2003
    What a let down! I bought this game thinking it would be like Max Payne on fire w/ ninja monkeys chasing after me with big deadly knives but instead I waited almost 2 years for this piece of garbage! This game should suffer the same fate as E.T. for Atari 2600 but b/c of all the fat Matrix fan-dorks we have to watch people rot their brains over this!
  5. JacksonK.
    Jun 2, 2003
    Way toooooo slow.
  6. Exnem
    Jun 19, 2003
    Completely dissapointing game. I had waited so long for it´s release... after hearing all the publicity made for it and all, and being a huge fan of matrix movies, I thought it would be the best game ever... Well I can't even begin to describe how bad this game is. The graphics look like a game from 10 years ago, I have games like Unreal tournament, max payne and the like and Completely dissapointing game. I had waited so long for it´s release... after hearing all the publicity made for it and all, and being a huge fan of matrix movies, I thought it would be the best game ever... Well I can't even begin to describe how bad this game is. The graphics look like a game from 10 years ago, I have games like Unreal tournament, max payne and the like and they're all sooooo much better than it. But graphics is not the worst... gameplay sucks even more... when you enter the focus mode (slow motion effect) your mouse is so out of control you'll just keep bumping into walls all the time... The kung-fu moves seem alright at first, but play for 20 minutes and you'll just see the same moves over and over again. You can't play as Neo! Come on, give me a break!!!... That's the main reason I wanted to play this game. You just keep getting your butt kicked by agents, so don't even try. This game is a total waste of money and time and I regret so much buying this game I could cry... The game is completely linear and has no replay value whatsoever... Did I mention the graphics suck!? Listen to me... forget about this game... just watch the movies and be happy for that. If you want a REALLY GOOD GAME, get Morrowind from bethesda, now that's an awesome game, 100+ hours of play, incredible graphics and gameplay, awesome replay value... and no one's making a fuzz about it. Expand

1. PC Gamer
    Take away the Matrix setting, and you're left with an action game that really does nothing new - and looks pretty average doing it. [Aug 2003, p.64]
    The more you play this half-baked sack of pixels, the more you become convinced that there is no The Matrix game, and the only thing being played here is you.
  3. Less of the ‘groundbreaking title’ Infogrames claimed it would be and more… well, crap. We’d suggest renting it at best – and that’s only if you’re absolutely desperate to see what you’re not missing.