6.6

1. NeoTheOne
    Jul 4, 2003
    This game rocks!!! Beating up badasses, focus, rescuing fellow comrades, focus, driving levels, focus, figting bosses as well as vampires, focus, tons of weapons and focus!!!! What could be more FUN than this?!!!
  2. MattA.
    Jul 9, 2003
    Yeah, dodgy round the edges, would have liked the real characters, but still, those moves are so funky!
  3. M.Wright
    Aug 2, 2003
    This game Is awesome. Good gameplay,etc. good game all around.
  4. TomislavT.
    May 25, 2003
    This game is perfect!I love it!She have Perfect efects!I love it!
  5. Nixon
    May 25, 2003
    The graphics make the original quake look state of the art. Disappointing on every level. A sham and a travesty. Postall 2 is a better game and it's the worst game i'd thought i'd ever seen. Robbery. The bright side: combat is amusing for a while (22 minutes), otherwise no points at all.
  6. TimA.
    Jun 25, 2003
    This game had so much publicity! Everyone expected it to be great, instead it is just one of those ordinary games with horrible graphics. This game requires so much hardware but produces poor quality graphics!
  7. Domicron
    Jun 2, 2003
    For two years+ in development and an outrageous budget, this was the most unpolished, forgettable game i have ever played. Utter disappointment. While it probably deserves like a 3 or 4, i'm gonna give it a 0 just b/c of all the overhyping they have done and continue to do.
  8. TRUENEO
    Jun 4, 2003
    This game rocks. I'll only say one thing "to like this game u must be a true fan of matrix and when i say 'true fan' i mean it". The only con in this game are the graphics.
  9. PeterB.
    Jun 4, 2003
    Great game. I would have given it a 10 but due to poor grafix i gave it a 9.
  10. BradD.
    Jul 14, 2003
    What a let down! I bought this game thinking it would be like Max Payne on fire w/ ninja monkeys chasing after me with big deadly knives but instead I waited almost 2 years for this piece of garbage! This game should suffer the same fate as E.T. for Atari 2600 but b/c of all the fat Matrix fan-dorks we have to watch people rot their brains over this!
  11. BirdDawg
    Aug 30, 2003
    This game is...well simplt put...amazing. If you liked the MAtrix Reloaded then this game is a must. Oh ya, one more thing, FOCUS
  12. PhilD.
    May 16, 2003
    Great game but they really should make a DVD version instead of 4 CD's...
  13. RolfC.
    May 18, 2003
    This is a great game with ideas you may have seen in GTA 3, Max Payne and more cinematic filled action adventures. The influence of the Wachowski Brothers, who definetely are great video game enthusiasts, is visible at any time. This adds to the experience, which is rather thrilling: you become one of the good guys (or gals) in the MATRIX universe. In my German version I found some bugs, This is a great game with ideas you may have seen in GTA 3, Max Payne and more cinematic filled action adventures. The influence of the Wachowski Brothers, who definetely are great video game enthusiasts, is visible at any time. This adds to the experience, which is rather thrilling: you become one of the good guys (or gals) in the MATRIX universe. In my German version I found some bugs, when sound missed at some cg scenes, but this will be adressed by patches in future, I guess. Gameplay is varied a lot and is truely interwoven with the film plot. So it synergetically enriches the whole experience. Most of the time you kick the ass of security men, police dummies or "agents" hand-to-hand or with a good deal of firepower. Anytime you may "focus" and get more time to react/do incredible stunts, which is quite helpful, when facing overwhelming opposition. The Hint System now and then drops a clue to more advanced controller "tricks" and ways to master the more difficult situations. The tension is always high and the motiviation, too. You are eager to learn more of the story. All in all, ETM is worth the money and all. A decent cinematic action-adventure/1st person shooter you will enjoy with a 1 GHz machine with a GeForce2/ATI 9000 or (preferably) better graphics card. Expand
  14. NEO
    May 22, 2003
    NICE GAME MAN!
  15. TomislavT.
    May 25, 2003
    This game is perfect!I love it!She have Perfect efects!I love it!
  16. ZekeN.
    May 27, 2003
    Not worth buying.
  17. Thematrixfan
    Jun 13, 2003
    For all matrix fans. this game has v.good graphics but the gameplay is not so good . ill give it 10/10 for graphics and 7/10 for gameplay.
  18. JacksonK.
    Way toooooo slow.
  19. RobertP.
    Jun 2, 2003
    This is one of the best games ever made. Bullet time now is rocking the world. Also, it has extra sences not in the movie. This game would be as fun as watching the movie. Enter the Matrix rocks the world.
  20. T.F.
    May 27, 2005
    A bit rough around the edges. Definately does not live up to the hype. Still, fun to play for the first few levels.
  21. ArnoldH.
    May 18, 2003
    Simply amazing.
  22. BillG.
    May 29, 2003
    The game had potential and you can see the designers were in right direction, but it is verry obvious the game was rushed to shelves to be in line with movie release. The engine is unpolished, buggy, and overall graphics arent worthy of PC's capabilities. Which wouldnt have been a problem if the game play was smooth and fluent, and it never is. Frame rates crumble in the slightest The game had potential and you can see the designers were in right direction, but it is verry obvious the game was rushed to shelves to be in line with movie release. The engine is unpolished, buggy, and overall graphics arent worthy of PC's capabilities. Which wouldnt have been a problem if the game play was smooth and fluent, and it never is. Frame rates crumble in the slightest event of combat even on high performance systems. Expand
  23. Exnem
    Jun 19, 2003
    Completely dissapointing game. I had waited so long for it´s release... after hearing all the publicity made for it and all, and being a huge fan of matrix movies, I thought it would be the best game ever... Well I can't even begin to describe how bad this game is. The graphics look like a game from 10 years ago, I have games like Unreal tournament, max payne and the like and Completely dissapointing game. I had waited so long for it´s release... after hearing all the publicity made for it and all, and being a huge fan of matrix movies, I thought it would be the best game ever... Well I can't even begin to describe how bad this game is. The graphics look like a game from 10 years ago, I have games like Unreal tournament, max payne and the like and they're all sooooo much better than it. But graphics is not the worst... gameplay sucks even more... when you enter the focus mode (slow motion effect) your mouse is so out of control you'll just keep bumping into walls all the time... The kung-fu moves seem alright at first, but play for 20 minutes and you'll just see the same moves over and over again. You can't play as Neo! Come on, give me a break!!!... That's the main reason I wanted to play this game. You just keep getting your butt kicked by agents, so don't even try. This game is a total waste of money and time and I regret so much buying this game I could cry... The game is completely linear and has no replay value whatsoever... Did I mention the graphics suck!? Listen to me... forget about this game... just watch the movies and be happy for that. If you want a REALLY GOOD GAME, get Morrowind from bethesda, now that's an awesome game, 100+ hours of play, incredible graphics and gameplay, awesome replay value... and no one's making a fuzz about it. Expand
  24. EmilioV.
    Sep 21, 2003
    This is a great game it would be even better if it had trinity morpheus and neo off course you can get the cheats for them but they dont work.
  25. Nov 17, 2017
    So there I was, catching up on some sagas I've missed years ago, and there came The Matrix's turn. After finding it also has video games I just had to try out. And surprisingly, I managed to even have fun, 14 years after release.
    While this is not a 'game of the year' (any year), I felt it wasn't bad at all, and didn't get all the negativity towards the game.
    Sure, it's rough around the
    Sure, it's rough around the edges. It doesn't look close to how AAA budget games should look like, even back in 2003, and in those terms the game is rather mediocre.
    I did enjoy it still because I felt it captured greatly the atmosphere of The Matrix and for the any (and mainly) fans of the franchise should enjoy Enter The Matrix. At least a bit.

I thought it was cool that they actually added a side story to the main movies and filmed some live footage for the game. The music stays loyal to The Matrix soundtracks and really gets you into the game, and also kicking enemies' butts with your Matrix powers felt really fun and intuitive to me, even though the controls were clunky at first (It's still 2003 we're talking about). But after you get used to them and just slightly lower your expectations, you can have some fun for a while.

1. PC Gamer
    Take away the Matrix setting, and you're left with an action game that really does nothing new - and looks pretty average doing it. [Aug 2003, p.64]
    The more you play this half-baked sack of pixels, the more you become convinced that there is no The Matrix game, and the only thing being played here is you.
  3. Less of the ‘groundbreaking title’ Infogrames claimed it would be and more… well, crap. We’d suggest renting it at best – and that’s only if you’re absolutely desperate to see what you’re not missing.