8.6

1. Jan 5, 2013
    Who would have ever thought that a Euro Truck Simulator would get a rating this high? This simulator is one of the most relaxing games ever, but can also be very intense when carrying fragile cargo. The scenery is beautiful. When it rains ingame, I get the same warm feeling inside as when it rains in real life. I give it a perfect score because I just can't find anything "wrong" with it. Get this game. Expand
  2. Nov 14, 2012
    First time reviewer here. I never felt like writing one before; you either have something good to say or you simply ignore it. Well, this game is surprisingly good. I wish I had spent my money on it before instead of wasting 60 bucks on other over hyped games that fail to deliver. Anyway, I am not a huge truck simulator fan. In fact, this is the second simulator of its kind that I put my hands on, but it's also a business simulator of sorts, which is pretty cool, fulfilling and HARD to manage. As you slowly accomplish your own set goals, the game feels very rewarding. The scenery is absolutely gorgeous. You can see landmarks that distinguish every other city in Europe. There are LOTS of cities to go to, explore, get jobs, hire personnel, buy trucks and garages. I was shocked the first time I saw the pedestrians walking by. It all feels very alive and beautiful. The star of the game itself is the truck, or rather the plethora of trucks. You have very detailed and extremely customizable trucks to play with. Driving the truck is relatively simple and easy (I recommend a gamepad), and the real challenge comes from maneuvering the truck in tight spaces like real truckers do. It takes a lot of time and practice to get good at it.

I highly recommend this game.
  3. Nov 5, 2012
    At first I have to admit - I'm a huge trucking games fan. I played every one of them, all made by SCS software and also the Rig n Roll failgame. I waited for this game to come out, I was patient when they postponed the date of release. What can I say - this game is beautiful and made some of my dreams related to truck driving come true, but it lacks in main core of the game. The first and biggest flaw is lack of truck physics - trucks don't behave like a sports car and here they do. The springs are stiff as hell and it is really hard to fall out of the turn (the trailer doesn't "drag" You enough). There is absolutely no feeling of "bumps" - even Agrar Simulator 2012 has this so why SCS couldn't do it? Another huge problem is the map - Netherlands, Poland, Italy - YES, these countries are interesting and well made. But when You play the game You will find Yourself driving for endless hours through Germany which is the main core of the map. And here You find another fail - Germany roads are copy-paste from German Truck Simulator! Adding new graphics didn't help - these roads are so bad as they were in GTS so they are: 1. Unrealistic, 2. Boring, 3. Boring, 4. Unrealistic! The trailers - most of them copied from GTS, fail again. SCS needed over 2 years for this game - we could at least expect new, realistic models - but no. They're not here. Economy? This one doesn't exist. You can earn huge amount of money just driving - there are almost no costs, there are no oponnents, there is no real market and finally the payments You get are 5 times as big as in real world (at least You can mod that). No wonder why there was a payment nerf mod released 2 weeks after game release date. Finally - the biggest fail of all - lack of AI cars and lack of pedestrians (they are only in 3-4 cities but I can live with that). Endless hours of driving and You don't see any random accidents (SCS Promised that but it's not here), You don't see random roadworks (promised - not here, all I can see are the same roadworks everywhere). Finally there is almost no AI cars which could make a traffic jam and a trip harder. 3 lane German road to Berlin and You see 3 cars around. Seriously?!

The goods: 1. Truck modification options
    2. Nice graphics (although AA is terribly ugly and the MSAA filter SCS have used should land in a trash)
    3. Interesting sounds in part of trucks
    4. Nice countries (except Germany and Austria)
    5. Well made truck models 6. Lots of mods which make game better but not as good as it should be. Final grade - 6/10 for 2012 quite big budget for the simulator game. Comparing to products released before - 9/10. So let's say final decision is strong 7 - but a lot to fix. And finally the biggest fail of all - economy and lack of
  4. Nov 5, 2012
    The best truck game ever! Keep it one SCS... I wait to new expansions for the game... :) This have potential to grow up. Make it better and better to the truck fan comunity :)
  5. Dec 3, 2012
    Euro Truck Simulator 2, Simulator... Simulator? Don't be fooled by the name, this game has nothing that remember a simulator. You drive formula trucks with loads of empty box in your back, all trucks have basically the same engine sounds AND all the engines have the same sound. The customization is only aesthetic, you don't need the big cab to get the big engine, 6x2 and 6x4 axles configuration have no advantage over the 4x2 configuration because you can load ANY cargo with any number of axles and any engine for the simple reason that the cargoes have no weight. The night lights are pathetic, you cant see the flares of the cars above 30 meters of you. No damage indication, you can ham a hundred cars and your truck paint wont show any signal of scratch or dirt. The AI is horrible, dumb and stupid and all the 3D models and textures are ugly, but the game runs lick a brick with stuttering and micro freezes in a rig that manages Crysis 2 and Anno 2070 in his "Ultra" settings. Expand
  6. Nov 5, 2012
    Really very very nice the game. The best of smilator games. Thank you scs software... I playing Euro Truck Smilator 2 all day.. I recommend this to anyone...
  7. Nov 6, 2012
    This game is just awesome. I can't other than decide to give it a 10, which it truly deserves. The game presentation is just perfect, and finally it has become more mainstream than it was.
    The flaws in the game suggests that the games note has to be 8 or lower, but given that the positive aspects are bigger, it has a well deserved 10.
  8. Sep 30, 2013
    A simulator with some potential. A trucking simulator could be an important application for the PC, but two flaws stand in its way of achieving any form of usability.
    The first critical flaw is simulated head-turning. When navigating actual traffic you need to look around. ETS2 does not have a working solution for doing this, instead offering the possibility to slowly and inaccurately
    turn your pow around. As a result you won't be able to achieve proper speed of decision-making.
    The second flaw is the "realistic" turning wheel, which does not translate well into PC-controllers. This makes controlling the truck actually quite a bit harder than in real life.
  9. Mar 9, 2013
    A lot more effort should have gone into this game. Less focus on size and more focus on quality will have made this far more enjoyable, that said this game is clearly aimed at a very particular group of gamers.
  10. Nov 5, 2012
    I adore this game!!The graphics are fantastic ,trucks are more than fantastic and the scenery is gorgeous!!I think that SCS has done a great job and i am waiting for their next creation (maybe a euro truck simulator 3) !!
  11. Mar 9, 2013
    I feel like a truck driver! and it gets better knowing that the game has built-in internet radio. I was cruising outside Paris one day and tuned into a station in England when the DJ started talking about how his program had become a hit among the Euro truck sim players and it made me laugh. The game handles well and the steering wheel calibration was very nice (the game already had my old wheel set up for me) even if you don't have the latest logitech wheel. Only downside would be that as an American, who is used to the stone-age measuring systems that we use, getting used to speed limits, distances, and traffic signs take a few minutes but are easy none the less. Expand
  12. Nov 6, 2012
    I've been following the evolution of SCS Software's trucking games and I must say the guys are not joking. I remember the plain and edgy games from the past ... their new baby is everything but that. Of course there is plenty room for development but with limited resources, it's just huge what they accomplished. Remember, it's not Ubisoft, Sony, Capcom, etc. They're just making something that a lot of us need, and they are making it good.
    I was waiting for its release for a long long time, and I'm glad it's finally here. Also I appreciate that it's in constant development. The ability to customize the trucks is an enormous plus in the game, also the live streaming via the radio.
    Some say, that it's a boring game. I tend to disagree. I was expecting to drive long roads, among cars that drive by you. It's not a race game, it's not a derby game it's a truck simulator, and you receive just what you are promised, a truck driving simulator with huge potentials. Be loyal to the game and be patient. This game is on the road of becoming BIG, hopefully with a lot more publicity!
  13. Feb 10, 2013
    Definitivamente este juego puede definirse como uno de los caminos del futuro de esta industria. Un camino de declive, donde la importancia grafica es absoluta. Analizanco este juego es un arcade no un simulador. No tiene físicas ni tampoco IA con lo que en diversas ocasiones te comerás a un coche que se ha quedado parado en medio de la carretra ,justo en dirección contraria, o los adelantamientos bruscos sin previo aviso. No importa nada lo que pongas a cada camión ya que realmente no afectará en nada al mismo Apenas puedes realizar fucniones y no se penaliza de forma realista los accidentes ni los golpes. Cuenta con la licencia de tan sólo 3 marcas el resto no son originales por lo tanto no comprendo porque se dice que tiene licencias si es falso. No importa en absoluto la carga que lleves en el camión ya que al conducir siempre tendrá el mismo comportamiento. Gráficamente es muy bueno pero dejan que desear los países, que de ellos tan sólo tienen el nombre porque conducir en Polonia es igual que hacerlo en Italia o Francia, ya que lo escenarios son exactamente lo mismo un Copy/Paste. El sonido también es el mismo para todos los camiones y la conducción es puramente arcade. La duración es más que correcta ya que para lograr tener una buena flota deberás muchas horas para lograrlo. Otro punto interesante es el subir de nivel al obtener una determinada cantidad de experiencia al terminar cada misión o al recorrer una cantidad de distancia determinada. Si este juego se llamará de otra forma y lo anunciaran de forma diferente no estaría mal Pero es que esto no es un simulador ni tiene licencias ni es realista y esta cargado de bugs. Creo que tras jugar casi 100 horas me queda un agradable sensación, ya que a pesar de todos sus fallos( en en muchos casos no son fallos en sí el recuerdo que me queda de haber surcado miles de kilómetros de carretera es tan real que recomiendo este juego, a todo el que busque nuevas sensaciones. Expand
  14. Nov 5, 2012
    Never played a truck sim before and thought this might be a good one to start with - had heard a few people praising it on a forum and decided to buy the game on Origin. Found the driving to be enjoyable and although it isn't the most realistic in terms of physics and handling it is pretty decent, one thing that does stand out however is the fact that in this game you have to drive rather than race - obeying road traffic rules, signalling, etc, which makes for a pleasant change of pace. The sim side of the game also turned out to be more detailed than expected and I am having fun running my own truck business with 2 other drivers working for me. The graphics are good and the sound is adequate - my only gripe is that inside the cab there isn't much engine noise to hear, maybe SCS could add an option to roll the window down or I have missed it somewhere? Overall I am enjoying this game a lot and cant wait to see what new features are in the games future and where the series goes next. Expand
  15. Nov 11, 2012
    Es actualmente el mejor juego y simulador de camiones que existe en el mercado, destacando sobre todo en calidad gráfica y detalles relacionados con el diseño. Una amplia gama de marcas de camiones con licencia, una extensa posibilidad de modificar el aspecto de tu camión como el de los camiones de tu empresa. Traducido a la mayor parte de idiomas, con soporte para volante y multi-pantallas y cabe destacar la amplia posibilidad de integrar mods. Expand
  16. Jan 6, 2013
    A solid 7. Imagine listening to your favorite music while driving big rigs across thousands of kilometers of western and central Europe, all the while managing your own trucking network of more than one hundred other drivers! All of which is possible in Euro Truck Simulator 2 by SCS Software. This simulator starts you off as what I guess would be called a "driver for hire". You own the clothes on your back and a passport willing to drive quick hauls for anyone that would have you. You drive more routes to gain cash and experience.

The cash can be saved for your first truck, truck upgrades, and later used to upgrade your garage to house more trucks and employees. There are several truck manufacturers offering one truck model each, but with deep customization options. There is very little different between the performance of these trucks, however, there are multiple mods that address this issue.

Experience is your basic leveling system, at certain thresholds you "level up" and can put that one experience point into several different areas of expertise. For instance, you can specialize in long hauling covering massive distances, fragile cargo, high value cargo, or get certified to transport dangerous materials.

Driving the trucks can be a chore without a game pad or steering wheel. But when everything is clicking, who knew that driving steadily across varied landscapes could be so much fun. It's not a game that will keep you at the edge of your seat, rather, you'll be relaxed taking in the scenes and slowly but surely building a very profitable trucking business.

Very happy to have picked up this game, although the full retail price feels steep. I'd recommend shopping for a deal for this title to get the most bang for the buck. All in all, you can feel good about getting 30 hours of gameplay from this title.
  17. Jan 10, 2013
    At first I was not satisfied with the nipple twistage this game has provided me. Then I connected my logitech steering wheel my grandpa bought me in 2003 (it was never used) , the satisfaction of my nipples increased exponentionaly. It seemed like a normal game, nothing special just like when they were using a quake engine (there were a lot of mediocre games for that engine back in the day in my honest opinion). Expand
  18. Jan 16, 2013
    At first glance, a truck simulator game would be but boring. SCS managed to make a very pleasant entry to the genre, adding compelling RPG and management sim features to keep the replayability up and the best soundtrack there is: the internet.
    An incredibly relaxing game, and one I must recommend.
  19. Feb 5, 2013
    Best truck game on the market at this current moment in time. Has some of the best graphics UI I've seen in a simulator and most of all one of the most enjoyable and relaxing games I've played for a long while
  20. Jul 9, 2013
    Nice little game here. A bit quirky really, Ive always felt that playing this type of game and Rail simulators have been a bit "geeky" for want of a better term, but it is really quite enjoyable..lol. I thought i'd just try the demo and they give you enough of a demo to want more. There is something quite nice about trucking across Europe in your own rig listening to your favorite music at night.

There is obviously a business element to the game which works quite well,I felt the game could have had a bit more "action" on the road though. The Ai is a little dumb and on rails, I would have liked to have seen fire engines racing past or cops cars on a chase here and there or your brakes failing because you havn't taken the time to service your rig resulting in you becoming a runaway truck stuff like that. It can get a little mediocre.

But overall its a good little game, try the demo at least, you'll get a nice feel for the game and i bet most of you will want more.
  21. Jan 17, 2013
    Improves on every aspect of ETS1. I don't normally play simulators, but I just love playing this one. Good sound, VERY nice graphics for a simulator, and much larger gameplay than the previous one.
  22. Nov 4, 2013
    Yeah, it's weird this gets such a high rating. The best way to describe this is "pleasingly dull", it's really relaxing just driving your truck from place to place and it appeals to the hoarder and upgrader in you to turn your business into an empire.
  23. Jul 13, 2013
    It actually has the feel of a truck almost.. Logitech DFGT wheel works fine in this game.. 150.00 usa new about 50-75.00 used on ebay usa..I assume equal value or less in uk.. Euro truck also allows you to combine controls.. I use my Saitek rudder pedals (saves room under desk with just one set for both sim types) as brake and gas while using the DFGT to drive.. stick shift works fine for forward reverse and no clutch really needed as the trans is synced as in real life.. Truck drivers use a clutch rarely while shifting thru the gears.. mainly at lights and to go into reverse.. oh and TrackIR is something else to look into.. works fine here as well..the game is also very moddable.. The onscreen navigator/GPS will have you owning the roads in no time.

The graphics pull you into this one.. it looks very nice. I drove a lot of USA Volvo trucks in my day and the interior although different than USA im sure..does have that layout and feel.. the mirror system works great as does the synced transmissions.. I found myself down shifting and using the mirrors like real life within minutes..backing to hook and unhook with total mirror control.. was very close to the real deal.. trust me.. I know..

Besides the work for hire mode, you can also start your own company while hiring other drivers to work for you. Although there is much variety and views… at some point the countryside may seem like the same old thing after a bit.. but to tell the truth.. once you hook and get down the road.. they all look like the same old thing more times than not… so acceptable for this type sim, if not demanded…Time is not Real life timed and again trust me.. you will appreciate that. There is a fatigue and miles capable of driving per your experience level. This is a very good thing.. a log book would be another nice feature.. maybe I missed it.. but by law is required at least on this side of the pond. Which keeps up with hours driven and locations. You can legally drive for only so long.. and sleep is another law. Don’t complain about the AI traffic jams because again.. traffic happens.. and more times than not. it’s pretty close to life… and much better than I would have ever expected.. the rain on the windshields works great as does night driving..

They have a nice Music system allowing for your personal mp3′s etc set into a folder for game play along with “steaming” internet music. Although I would like to see a CB simulator added along with maybe a LTL delivery system put into play as well as multiplayer added just for road fun..

Additional thoughts would be to add some deer and animal jump outs across the roads.. and tire recaps on roads (alligators) as it happens and some of the more accidental problems of road drivers.. A walk around at rest areas so the driver can inspect his unit and kick the tires.. also happens.. on a two hour schedule if you’re a smart driver.. for what you get… its very well done and worth the buy in..[GS] 8/10
  24. Nov 7, 2012
    This one surprised me. I had been underwhelmed in the past with the 18 Wheels of Steel franchise, but the pull of trucking through Europe is what got me to take the plunge. The career mode as well as the ability to jam out to German tunes while hauling down the autobahn is just too much fun. The scenery and road design adds some realism, but not to the point of ultra annoyance. I look forward to further expansions. Also, the new US Based Truck sim needs to take a lesson from this game. Expand
  25. Nov 8, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. First of all I'm not a Truck Simmer. Though I had tried ETS1 back when it originally came out it didn't grip me or work well with my Logitech DFP wheel. I'm more of a fast paced Motorsports Sim driver racing Sims like GTR2 and rFactor etc!! When I saw the guys at SCS were making a 2nd ETS title I watched with interest and planned to give it a go and see if they had improved on the original games failings. In real life I have experience in Driving Trucks (Not 40 tonne artics though) and I love working behind a wheel, so part of me couldn't resist downloading ETS2 on the day of release. Now the only day I haven't sat down at my computer for at least 2 hours to play ETS2 since that moment was my Sons Birthday (trust me I wanted to play it) it is that addictive!! I haven't even played a race sim since either and I've been playing those for nearly 20years!! My Son who is now 8 has a copy on his computer and even my 10 year daughter was playing it for over 90 minutes the other day!! Yes the game isn't perfect, but it does have a lot going for it.

First of all the controller support is far better. My Logitech DFP wheel and G25 pedals are perfect straight from the games setup and I have all my needed controls like wipers, lights etc exactly where I want to have them! I've also tried it with the keyboard which was surprisingly good too and the SCS team obviously spent a lot of time getting this area right. The only problem we had was trying a control pad as my son and I found that far too sensitive to steer accurately enough, but he does have a wheel of his own to use, so it's not a big issue.

Graphically the game is very nice and runs smoothly on my system (I5 2500K, 8gig ram, ATi Radeon 4870 512mb) at max settings in 1680x1050 and works well even during night driving in the rain. I've not noticed any real issues with the game myself in that department. It also has some lovely touches. The first time I had to drive through roadworks and saw the little fella in his yellow high-vis gear working away with a pneumatic drill I was genuinely surprised at how many little features SCS have lovingly added to their Sim. And they are not all the same either, some have surface rollers, cranes, diggers or the whole road fully excavated!! Cyclist riding on cycle paths, trains, planes and even birds in the sky!!

Sounds are good to, though in the cab it's a little too quiet, but the modding community have already adjusted that. The ability to load your own MP3's or play real streamed radio whilst driving along is fantastic and really adds to the immersion.

Gameplay is just so enjoyable. You start with a run down depot in your chosen city and you have to log onto a job finder to pick up work driving other companies in their trucks to earn a salary. Once you have some successful runs under your belt, you can purchase your own Truck. You have a bank who will offer you business loans and you will get emails from companies and truck dealers to help you on your way. The map though obviously can't cover real distances as this would need years (probably decades) to make it does have a genuine feel of realism. Each country you visit has it's own look and feel. Each City is different though some roads and junctions etc do basically look similar it doesn't take away the feeling of being at a new place. As you travel the map you discover each place by driving through them. You'll see on your GPS roads you haven't driven on and will have question marks over places of interest that you need to drive past to get access to. These are normally Truck Dealers and properties you may be interested in purchasing for your expanding company. You'll have petrol stations with parking when you need a rest break etc as well as hotels. There are also ferry crossings and the Euro Tunnel train!!

Career part of the game is where you can get so much pleasure playing. Building your company up from a single Truck to having several trucks and drivers who you hire through employment agencies is really great and makes you work hard to earn more money to continue expanding. You can have multiple depots with many trucks and drivers all under your watchful eye. Hire, fire, train them how you want. Modify the trucks to your liking from the body, paintjob, lights, accessories, axles and their engines. They all have an effect on how profitable your company is!! You can oversee everything your company is doing in game. See each driver or trucks daily profits, keep the Trucks maintained etc. Ok some people who like management games will pick holes at how certain areas lack detail, but this isn't a management game, it's a driving Sim with a nice bit of management thrown in!!

I could go on forever, but all I can say is, I'm a Sim racer who has never had any interest in management games, but I've not been able to put this game down and I look forward to playing the next day and continue building my virtual transport company up.

Well done SCS.
  26. Jun 2, 2013
    This is without a single doubt the best truck simulator you can get, after playing all the previous sims I can only say this is The Truck Sim at the moment. The Environment is gorgious, the trucks look really great and drive pretty realistic too (especially with a decent steering wheel). Besides that there are plenty possibilities to mod the map, trucks, interiors and trailers. And not to mention the many radio stations you can listen to, or even add your own radio stations to it. Greetings from the son of a truck driver. Expand
  27. Mar 16, 2013
    I don't get the wooo with this game. Yes, the business system is cool, it has the real truck brands, and the trucks are very customizable... But ohter than that, it's just driving. Not high speed driving, no, just regular driving like the same I do every day for an hour.

The graphics are meh, and the diversity of maps seems lacking. The second "mission" I took had the same map as the
    first one for several minutes. And they were supposed to happen in different countries.

I guess it may be nice for people working on an office who find driving relaxing, but this game isn't for me.
  28. Nov 15, 2012
    I just love this game so much,beautiful,peaceful, simple. customize your truck upgrade it, level up get new skills , manage your company, hire drivers, buy garages all over Europe and upgrade them. I don't know how this could get any better. One last thing ... thank you SCS software for giving me this game .
  29. Jan 19, 2013
    Skyrim with trucks. Big open world, big trucks and big tires. I think that this game is trying to play off on the popularity of Ice Road Truckers the Canadian show (best show ever).
  30. Jan 17, 2013
    Perfect truck game. Lack of content and multiplaser but this is SCS - small firm not EA. Its cheap and had great potencial because it easy moddable....
  31. Mar 4, 2013
    I signed up just so I could write a review for this game. I was one of those people that made fun of this game when I first heard about it, but after seeing a trailer I immediately downloaded the demo, was hooked, played until the demo ran out, then purchased the game on steam. There is something addictive and staisfying about hauling a load of cargo from point a A to B succefully. The attention to detail and love for trucks SCS has put into this game shows, and even though it's not the most exciting subject matter, it's worth playing simply to appreciate the qaulity of what's been created. This game is what all simulators should aspire to be like. Expand
  32. Mar 19, 2013
    This game is excellent in every way possible! The graphics are absolutely excellent and so much detail was put into just about everything in this game.
  33. Mar 26, 2013
    I have no idea why this is doing so well, It is exactally what It delivers, a boring trucking experience of driving from point A to point B on roads and highways... After a couple hours I got bored and uninstalled; that said, it was a great time killer and the engine works well. For something so mundane its very impressive that it was polished so well. I can see how it can be a great training tool... but as entertainment.....??? I am afraid I just do not get it. Expand
  34. Mar 8, 2013
    An incredibly immersive experience. I have absolutely no interest in European trucking and I think it's important to point that out. Many people vote these games high out of bias towards their personal interests, that is not the case here. ETS 2 is straight-up a very well designed game. --PROS-- The map size is quite big. I reckon it would take 2 hours or so to drive from one extreme to another. The cabins and trucks are designed with variety, even turn signals sound different in each truck. The physics are not perfect but are quite realistic. It's quite difficult to go on a long trip without doing anything wrong the whole time, making it a rewarding experience when you do. The way the economy works and your career progresses is as well well done, allowing you to work for companies or start your own. The world feels open and alive as opposed to just a blank canvas to drive on. There are car dealerships, recruitment agencies, gas stations, rest stations, service depots and more. You can discover and access all of these on your own, giving the game a true open-world feel. The functionality of the trucks is also full-fledged, allowing you to adjust each individual mirror, access hazard signals, and there's even a function to flash your lights specifically as a means of saying "thank you" or "go ahead" to the other drivers. --CONS-- The physics seem to have been toned down just a bit for ease of use. I imagine true pros will find this a bit unnerving. The audio inside the cabin is glitched out, ends up sounding like the cabin is basically sound proofed. The AI drivers can be frustrating. There's a few glitchy things about them, for example they often slam on the brakes and stop when lanes merge 200m ahead despite having room to merge. In terms of immersion there's two things to note: One is that there is no way to get from town to town yourself if you don't own a truck and the open world aspect is removed when taking jobs. In essence you'll arrive in a city to finish a job, open the menu to take a new job in a different city, and magically arrive there. We should have to drive there first. Or take a bus with the option to sit and view the journey. Secondly your sleep resets when you finish a job. This ties into the whole teleporting to your new job... they've removed the aspect of continuity, which sacrifices immersion gravely as a result. Overall the CONS are more pet peeves and don't do enough damage to affect the game in any appreciable manner. I wish I could expand on technical details however my ignorance towards trucking prevents me from doing so. Collapse Expand
  35. Dec 1, 2013
    I bought this game during a steam sale because I needed something relaxing. I'm no truck driver (outside of maybe driving a de-ice truck), and I have never been to Europe before, but I must say, this game really impressed me to the point where I feel like I'm really there and driving a real truck. I am positively impressed.
  36. Jan 18, 2013
    Well i have always had a thing for simulator games because they require you to use your brain and act similar to the real world i have always looked for decent truck game only to find none had what i was looking for until Euro Truck Simulator got released.

I have owned this game since release and i am still playing it to this day there are good mods out there and game play can be
    extremely fun.

The surroundings contain a high level of detail but is still low end PC friendly i am extremely glad to see this game arrive on steam just activated mine today This game delivers everything it promises plus more but it does require high level of patients at times as AI traffic can be annoying at times and truck physics could use adjusting but some people are coming out with physics mods They do updates which is good there are mods but always test careful because not all mods are perfect plus mods are made by normal people so modded version may lack SCS support

Overall its excellent game i have had over 3 months game play so i have scored it a 10/10
  37. Nov 22, 2012
    I rated this sim as a 10 not because it's the best game ever made but because it's the best Truck simulation that I've ever played and I've played a lot of them. It's not perfect but the developers do seem to genuinely want to work with the community to continue improving the game while at the same time making it a viable option to do so through paid extensions, DLC etc.

The only thing
    lacking is an "official" community forum on the Euro Truck Simulator 2 website, instead they use a series of blogs and comments which truth be told sucks as a way to communicate interactively with your customers. However the game is excellent after a couple of updates. Expand
  38. Mar 6, 2013
    This game. I suddenly want to become a trucker. There is something so calming about this game that makes me keep coming back. In my first two days of this game, I achieved 14 hours in it. It is very silly that a truck game could be so good, but honestly? This game is addicting as HECK. I really do recommend it.
  39. Nov 5, 2012
    Well first off you do not need to be a trucking fan to love this game. You get to do more than just play with trucks. you get to enjoy europe, run a business and enjoy excellent graphics!!! If you're into customization than you will love this game not only do you get to customize your personal truck but you can customize your employers truck!! It is very in depth to engine tuning body modifications and more!!! The game also will get lots of attention from the makers so there is more to look forward to in the future. If you are looking for an exploration game and into customizing and running a business then this is the game for you!!! Expand
  40. Nov 6, 2012
    When I first saw Euro Truck Simulator 2 I thought oh boy here we go, another "Simulator" in a long line of failures of products claiming to be just that. Then I installed the game and was rewarded to find that the game fully sports my Logitech G27 steering wheel, shifter and all pedals, Oh and what's this ? Range and Splitter ? What like on a real truck ? 12 gears to deal with. This is all getting very interesting now.
    I finished setting the game up to suit my system then stepped into the virtual cab of the truck. It feels like this will be my new home for a little while. I'm hauling a load of something to some place and I need to get it there on time and safely.
    SCS Software has really hit the nail on the head with ETS2. They've created a very pretty looking graphics engine that is convincing enough in conjunction with the sound and physics that I feel like I'm driving something that weighs 20 - 30 tons. The game aims to be realistic in many ways but is also balanced out for practicality reasons as well. For instance the passage of time is much faster and real time travel distances are much shorter then real life. You might cover 1km every 200m or so relative to the real world. That might not sound realistic but we must be realistic about what people want out of a game. I doubt anybody is going to want to sit at a computer for 18 hours to travel 1300km.

Look out for bad drivers, bad weather and beware the night and inattention and be extra careful and read the road up ahead, you don't want to roll your rig. Who wants to explain to their employer why they rolled the truck on a country bend.

All in all I've found ETS2 to be a immersive experience and surprisingly fun as well as being quite relaxing. It's very enjoyable to play some music and drive across the countryside.
  41. Nov 6, 2012
    First of all this game is best in genre. I playing already plenty of hours and will continue. It has big potential to make big game but it need some work. Work with optimization, adding more countries and diversities, multiplayer and so on... My hope is also to get on steam.

But its really fun game. And i recommend to every people to try free demo from their page.
  42. Nov 6, 2012
    A relaxing and addictive game. Don't be fooled into thinking a simulator will be no fun this is a great game even if your not into lorries or trucks. I'm not a train or plane sim player but this is getting more play time than NFS most wanted!
  43. Nov 8, 2012
    10 Out Of 10, Love the game, it's great I've been waiting all year for the game and when it game out in October i purchased it straight away. It turns out it's fabulous & it's the best simulator on the market and is well worth the money. The game has the best physics ever and has super realistic graphics with a highly advanced economy system. I've found it highly addictive and it can't get and better. Good Job SCS

-Nitro
  44. Nov 9, 2012
    i was never into simulator games untill i played this one. the mechanics and world feel so realistic i like how we can have our own company and hire drivers. it wud be cool if there was an expansion that wud somehow bring us over to the usa lots more roads to travel>
  45. Nov 11, 2012
    El mejor simulador de conduccion de camiones, soporte para volantes, multi-pantalla, mods casi desde el primer dia. Recomendado a todo el mundo que le apasione este tipo de juegos y a los que no tambien
  46. Nov 11, 2012
    The best truck game ever! Keep it up SCS. I hope we can get some DLC'S for the game so it can get better and better. But for that we have keep helping SCS. So for all who read this, just give a chance to this game, you gonna see that has a lot of potencial.
  47. Nov 11, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Environnement and driving : This is the best trucking simulator game in the world (best driving, best meteo, this reflects the reality of the virtual world, MORE REALISTIC)
    For the map : all users should need more big map for their own country (Russia, USA, Africa)
    i encourrage scs to do more update about map, realistic
    thanks a lot for these developpeur
  48. Nov 15, 2012
    Having played all of SCS' trucking games, I can easily say that ETS2 is the best of the lot. Excellent graphics, a large map and accurately modeled trucks all help to put this very niche genre on the map. That said, there's still a long way to go in terms of making the series live up to its true potential. The map could use more varied sceneries and objects, the economic model could be greatly enhanced to reflect supply and demand, and a damage model is desperately needed (or, at least, a better implementation of ongoing wear and tear than simply having your truck shut down periodically). If you're looking for a somewhat relaxing alternative to the much more popular run 'n gun games out there, I'd definitely recommend ETS2. There's nothing quite like hitting the open road and slowly building your trucking empire one kilometer (or mile) at a time. Expand
  49. Nov 29, 2012
  50. Jan 21, 2013
    I've been paying games by SCS for a long time, but stopped for a while because the quality of these games continued to deteriorate. With Euro Truck Simulator 2 it's become extremely apparent that SCS has put a lot of work into this game and are trying to bring back the level of quality that they had in older games. Of course this game has it's faults, as do every game. But you cannot focus only on the bad things in a game like this. It's a great time waster! Expand
  51. Feb 20, 2013
    To be honest, I don't much care for simulators. Or trucks. Or even Europe for that matter! But something about this game has tickled my fancy. I can't quite put my finger on it but it has an irresistible pull that keeps me coming back for more. Is it the best game I've ever played? No. But it is a very well put together truck simulator that deserves your attention. Give the demo a try at the very least! Expand
  52. Mar 19, 2013
    Strangely enough, this game has already proven to be a better simulator than simcity 2013. I don't know what it is about it but it is really fun! I'm pretty sure I'll get bored of it by next week but it really is a very in depth game. 9/10
  53. Mar 26, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is such a fun game for the simulation lovers,driving around Europe with low fuel,or crashing with cars,or even using the awesome future of putting songs on the radio!
    this game is a great remake of the first one,just with better graphics,detail,and trucks of curse!
    drive around in london or hurry to amsterdam,in this game you can go every where!
    a great game!
  54. Apr 2, 2013
    I'd like to see every driver on earth play ETS2 for at least 10 hours. Then they might realise why truckers want to break their head when they cut them off at roundabouts or leave them with no room to stop.

Nutcase driving delinquents could do with a few hours hauling 18 tonnes of diesel between cities to see what it feels like to have cars passing them dangerously close or even dealing
    with the idiots trying to kill them!

Perhaps traffic management and road designers should do a minimum of 50 hours "community service" on ETS2 to learn that 30 foot trailers do not go well around 90 degree corners covered in guard rails and street lights.

It took 585 hours to decide that ETS2 only falls short in the commerce and driver management department the rest is pure eye candy and amazingly addictive gameplay.

There are indeed some AI issues, occasional GFX stutters and a lack of depth in the commerce and truck and driver management but as a driving simulator it rates an easy 10. I understand that the talented but small team at SCS are working on the management aspect and tweaking the AI. If they can pull that off, it's a game with a lifespan of many, many months possibly years.

If you simply want to smash stuff and look at pieces of trucks and cars or even blood flowing across the road, this is not for you.

Straightforward, easy to learn but no two trips will ever the same. SCS is on a long term winner if they get that management longevity and perhaps just perhaps, even MP or at the very least co-op
  55. Jun 24, 2013
    Es que no hace falta ni que te gusten los camiones, es probar el juego y alucinar con las opciones. Con un mando mejora muchísimo la jugabilidad, y con volante ni te cuento. Puedo tirarme todo el día jugando y no aburrirme, es increíble. Recomiendo encarecidamente que lo probéis y juzguéis por vosotros mismos. Se le pueden poner pegas? claro, el antialias por defecto del juego no es una maravilla, hay detalles que pueden pulirse como los avatares de los camioneros, poner más peatones que hay muy pocos.. etc, pero son cosas que se ve que van arreglando en cada actualización, y el fin del juego es entretener y divertir (si puede sorprender) al usuario, y esto lo cumple perfectamente.

Sinceramente se merece un 10.
  56. Apr 12, 2013
    This game is really fun! I would have never thought I would be playing a truck sim, rather then a FPS. But this game sucks you in. I wish you leveled up slower, and a few more options for trucks and accessories but this game is a solid 9/10 add some mods to make things more realestic and it's a 10/10
  57. Jul 18, 2013
    Has more graphics than simulation. The game-play is very repetitive another downside is the lack of customization for your truck. Game is ok, but the simulation is very poor
  58. Oct 25, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I've been following the evolution of SCS Software's trucking games and I must say the guys are not joking. I remember the plain and edgy games from the past their new baby is everything but that. Expand
  59. Jun 2, 2013
    Excellent driving simulator. Yes, it is about trucks, but i believe it sets a standard for future "driving games" (not to be confused with racing simulators).
    Proper force feedback wheel support, a good dose of realism, a massive explorable map with beautiful landscapes, high detail vehicle models with equally impressive interiors, EPIC engine/turbo sounds that make you feel you're
    driving a real truck, attention to detail from the developers, etc. All that in ONE game. Another popular driving game, Test Drive Unlimited lacked in many aspects compared to ETS2 and it probably had a 10 times bigger budget, so i consider this to be a high quality piece of software, not your average Simulator 20xx".
    I give it a 9/10 because unfortunately there is no multiplayer mode (that would've been so epic).
  60. Feb 18, 2014
    This game doesn't deserve a 10 rating but it doesn't means it is not good. It is an OK game but I have to remove a few points as it is NOT a truck simulator at all. The graphics are quite good and you can manage your own garages and employees, which are great things into the game. This game is very addictive and it is a good thing because you spend a lot of good time trying to upgrade your trucks and your skills. However, there are a few things that makes it lose so many points. Every simulators start with the principle that you start without any experience and you learn how to pilot or drive your vehicule so you become better and better each time you practice. Euro Truck simulator 2 is nothing of that. You will start being the best driver on the planet and soon enough, the traffic commits so many infractions that you are getting 10 tickets and 20 vehicule collision per run, which is quite irrealistic considering the fact that most of the real truck drivers never get an accident of their life. Also, the ticket system is quite weird and stupid at a certain point. For exemple, if you have a collision with another car because the other driver stopped in the middle of the highway after overtaking you and getting back on your lane, you are the one who reveive a 400 Euro ticket for hitting him. Basically, the game is good until you arrive at level 20 and people around you starts driving like headless chickens.

So basically, it's a good game. However, it is NOT a simulator. It is ONLY a good game which will give you many hours of fun.
  61. Oct 17, 2013
    What can I say? This game is great (ok, I can say something). The Good: It is not just a driving simulator, it is also a business simulator, a resource manager, and a game of exploration. For those reviewers who mention a lack of views from inside the cab, look into buying a TrackIR, building a Freetrack system or installing FaceTrackNoIR (free) for headtracking. Head tracking is fully supported by ETS2. It allows you to look around the cab just as if you were sitting there.

Others have commented that the trailers have no weight.....try stopping a 45 ton load when that blankety blank blank AI pulls out in front of you. Pull that trailer up a steep grade and then say the trailer has no weight. True, with a huge 750HP 3200KW motor it is easier to do so but with a stock 360 HP? I have found myself looking for alternate routes because the load is too heavy for the grade that I am attempting to pull them up, or I go up in 1st gear. Heavy loads means using the entire range of gears, not starting out in 4th gear or 5th gear like I would running bobtail (no trailer).

The Bad:

I do have to agree that there seems to be no reason to upgrade your chassis from a 2-4 to anything else as you can indeed pull any load with the 2-4. I would like to see that changed in future patches.
  62. Oct 25, 2013
    Very nice game,very often is updates. I give this game 10 ,because I think this is the best Simulator Game. I play this game often,but this don't tired.
  63. Oct 27, 2013
    This is one of the greatest games available for the PC!!!!
    It puts you in the driving seat of various trucks and with the extra downloadable content from steam all for under a tenner makes it one of this years steals. The extra content is called "Going East" and it adds new places on the map as well as other things. Also, you can add mods that have been created by other users to add that
    extra spice to what is a beautiful game. You can play music from your own mp3s to the inbuilt Internet radio stations from around Europe.
    If they is only one game you buy this year on the PC....make it this one....you won't be disappointed!!!!
  64. Dec 5, 2013
    While I enjoyed playing this game, I don't get the high scoring it gets, it really tells something about the reliability of the people that score the game since this game has big undeniable flaws.

It's fun to get a truck, improve it, buy a new one, start your own company, evolve it, travel, a relaxing game indeed, but that's it, nothing else.
    The first problem I have is with the map,
    its like a repetition of a repetition, all streets look equal, all the background scenarios look pretty much the same, but at least near cities you can see iconic buildings in the background image. When you arrive to cities, all you have is like two extremely small city blocks, feels really lacking.
    Traffic is horrible, absolutely unrealistic, traffic AI is not better than any mid 90's game, everyone drives at the same speed, no one breaks the law, no one passes a yellow light, there's no overtaking's, just absolutely boring and repetitive.

For a game that has 'Simulator' in its name, this is a pretty bad simulation, driving the truck feels nice, but that's it.
  65. Dec 1, 2013
    A game that managed to be fun and relaxing at the same time. This is for those who like to drive, simply drive. The truck thing is just a theme to carry a pleasant real-life driving simulation inside. I dare anyone with a bitter approach on this concept to try it and leave it without a smile. Beautiful graphics, smart AI, and of course a very down-to-earth truck simulation. A salty price indeed, but nothing that a Steam Holiday Sale won't fix. Expand
  66. Mar 12, 2014
    Euro Truck simulator was a good game, a bit better than the first in the truck simulator series. Of course, this has been more polished, but not as I expected. It was improved with more actions, but you can't play so much, as it becomes boring, earning money and driving against some streets that has the same appearance. Also, the graphics are not impressive. Therefore, 8
  67. Jul 12, 2014
    WISHLIST: - Interactiveable interiors +2 - Used Truck Dealers +2 - More Truck Dealers (Peterbilt, Mack, Kenworth, Freightliner, Izuzu, Mitsubishi, and so on) +2 - Ability to purchase your own trailer - Ability to sleep in truck +2 - Seasons (Winter, Summer, Spring, Autumn) +3 - Trucks collect dust/dirt/etc over time. +3 - More Trailer variations (Longer Trailers, Heavier Loads, Oversize loads) +4 - Real Sounds +2 - Realistic Truck Speeds +2 - Realistic Interiors +3 - More variations of Yawning Sounds +2 - AI Drivers has a tendency to get into accidents +3 - See your AI driver on the road (Rest Stops, Towns, Pick-ups/Drop-Offs, Driving, Garage) +2 - More variations of AI Traffic Vehicles/Improvements (Make AI more human-like, more AI vehicle models) +6 - Tire sound changes for driving over certain surfaces +2 - Different moon variations, not always full moon +2 - Fixed Trailers +2 - Radio Traffic, AI drivers report back to HQ that they completed a job. +3 - Different GPS voices, comedy, professional and etc. +5 - Improved Physics, make it more realistic +2 - Exhaust Brakes shouldn't slow a truck to a halt when going down hill +2 - Turning signals could use some improving +3 - Live Stream radio streams by other methods - Better GPS navigation options such as always pointed North, direction of travel. +2 - Higher density of traffic in certain areas +3 - Random events on motorway (Accidents, Road Works) +4 - Emergency Vehicles (Police, Ambulances, Firefighters) +2 - Better looking cities - Weight stations - Driver's Training +3 - Unique Delivery Locations (Airports, Stores, Vehicle Dealers, and so on) - Hire your own Mechanic (To reduce the cost of repairs) Expand
  68. Mar 16, 2013
    Maybe it's the best existing truck game, but it doesn't mean it's enough good to be a really great truck game. While the graphics are good and there are a lot of different cargo stuff to carry around the countries, it lacks in variety. All the highways are equal, the incorporations to these, the handling of the trucks are very close one to each other... this game also needs more countries to visit, more photo-realistic streets and the real licenses of the trucks (only Scania is available as a real brand) Expand
  69. Apr 25, 2013
    Driving through real world locations, rain pouring down and tuned into a European radio station. There's no real way to describe it, as a simulation game it's rooted in repetition which may annoy some. If you're a fan of similar simulation games this is a must buy, simple as that it's the best of the recent slew of games of the genre.

But why do I enjoy it so much, I don't really have
    an answer it's relaxing certainly. It's interesting driving through the admittedly scaled down real world locations listening to local radio stations, maybe that's it, does a game need to do more then that to engage and engross?

The options for customizing how you drive, the weather you drive in and the behavior of pedestrians/other drivers is amazing as are the options to pimp out your truck (when you eventually earn enough to purchase a truck until such time you hire yourself out as a driver for other company's)

The game isn't the prettiest out there, your truck and things in your immediate view look fantastic however distant objects often have a 2d look to them which can be a bit jarring when the rest of the game works so well in getting you immersed.

All in all a very pleasant surprise.

*A slight edit here to clarify that the radio stations aren't per-recorded the game is designed with a very easy to use interface to stream the radio stations directly "R" key by default iirc, as another review here stated hearing a dj mention he recently had a large new listener base from ET 2 was a surreal and fun experience.
  70. Aug 17, 2013
    Simply love it. Reminds me of Hard Truck 2. Very addictive and very relaxing. However there should be more trucks for example Kamaz, Sisu Now after last updates all trucks are licensed with one exception. Thats why i gave it only 9.
  71. Mar 28, 2013
    This game is a good fun distraction. I know a lot of people think it's silly and all you have to do is deliver supplies with a truck but that's what the game is about. If you don't want to drive a truck don't buy it. It's a game that delivers exactly what it says. Sure it'd be nice if there were visual damage and the customization is mostly cosmetic but in it's core it's still a fun game that is very relaxing to play. Expand
  72. Feb 15, 2013
    Never played a truck sim before, but wish to hell I had... I'm not a truck nerd, nor a train spotter.. but this is not about being a truck nerd. This has all the addictive gameplay of ELITE, without the shooty bits!! the mod community is stunning. This is an empire building game and a driving sim all rolled into one. Seriously underrated, with mods this thing seriously rocks so goes to 10/10. It may never be cool, but for godsake download the demo and give it a go.. you might be surprised to find gameplay x100. If AAA titles these days had that much gameplay our heads would all explode.. get it!! Expand
  73. Nov 17, 2013
    Love the open road feel of this game. Very detailed and challenging game. The trucks are beautiful. The road can vary from parking lot to mineshaft. For all you get it does not take up very much hard drive space. One thing I was concerned about was the actual time it takes to make a run between cities. It turns out to be much less in game but still feels like the full experience.
  74. Jan 18, 2013
    Hugely exceeded expectations. Hope to see lots of dlc in the way train simulator releases it. Try the game out of you want something fun, relaxing, and very atmospheric.
  75. Mar 6, 2013
    This game is pretty solid for one, a simulator and two, a truck simulator. The graphics AREN'T too bad for a simulation game and the gameplay is solid. There is something oddly soothing about driving down the highway cruising in your rig hauling a load. This game HAS to be played with a wheel and shifter. Without it you lose the soothing cruising experience and steering is not as engaging. Still, this game offers a lot of content, detailed and functioning cabins and trucks. The traffic in the game is moderately smart and the in-climate weather adds a nice touch. This game doesnt get a 10 because of two things: The sound of the trucks are ALL the same which gets very irritating after a while...and the sound of the motor is not loud enough....and TWO: Taking loads from one place to another gets repetitive after a while too..its all the same thing. Expand
  76. Mar 7, 2013
    This game is beautiful, engrossing and entertaining. Worth every penny you throw at it. Plenty of trucks to pick from, and many ways to upgrade not only the game (using mods to enhance realism etc.) but also the trucks. Great fun.
  77. Mar 18, 2013
    Coming from someone who found ETS1 to be quite boring, ETS2 manages to be alot more fun than it's predecessor. Driving feels great and it's alot easier to pick up and play. It's presentation is very good and the graphics are quite well done aswell. My only complaint is that Portugal and Spain are, unfortunately, missing. Solid game overall, I recommend it to anyone who likes to drive (in videogames at least). Expand
  78. Mar 17, 2013
    The last time I played a truck game was like 7-8 years ago, one if the 18 Wheels of Steel games from the same developer. To be honest the only thing I want to achieve in this type of game is to cruise and listen to country music. The part with driving a big truck makes the feeling a bit more realistic. I think the game deliver what I want to do in the game. I sure could wish for some more AI cars and a less repetitive environment but in the end this is a good game, Expand
  79. Mar 7, 2013
    My only problem with this game is the damage detection! My engine will fail with only CAB damage??? WTF. No used truck sales but that is not a big deal. Fun game, lots of upgrades, and you can keep the same truck and keep upgrading it. Lots of different trucks to pick from, Long hauls don't feel too long and fun company to run!
  80. Nov 5, 2012
    For a huge truck driving simulator fan this game is sensational, graphics are pretty and the scenery is awesome. The physics are very well implemented and the details are quite accurate making the game a pleasure to relax on. For the most pretentious one, there can be found a lot's of mod's on the internet and the upcoming patches are announced to be great improvements to the game based on the community requests, see more about on the SCS blog site.

I enjoy this game a lot. Pedal to the metal!
  81. Nov 5, 2012
    Great work by SCS! The game is perfect for a relaxing day of driving without the going anywhere. With a huge world to play in, you won't be bored quick, and while on a drive, Tune in to a radio station chosen by yourself! Buy and edit your trucks as long as you have the money to do so. The truck-physics could use some improvement, but with upcoming patches, I hope all of this will be fixed.
    Overall a very nice game (especially compared to ETS1), but it needs a load of patches and I'm happy about all the mod's that are coming up.
  82. Aug 11, 2014
    Euro Truck Simulator 2 is a trucking game. But, it's more than that. It also features company simulation. Physics are realistic. If lucky, you can see a plane landing. Also, you can make or download mods, which really improve the game. It's very relaxing just driving and listening to the internet radio with realistic physics, but come to the cities and the relax stops due to maneuvering through city traffic with a trailer in tow. Overall, it's an amazing game with huge potential. But it also has one flaw, the cities do not look anything like they do in real life, and they're small. Can you imagine Venice without a single canal? That's how it is in this game. I recommend this game to anyone who likes trucking games, driving games, company simulation games or simply realistic games and who doesn't mind with the un realistic cities. Expand
  83. Nov 5, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The best simulator trucks moment. Graphics perfect, we seem to be actually driving a truck. The map is huge, with Europe scenario played very well. Deliveries of the game makes you have plenty of time to achieve a goal, but the gameplay that does not get seasick. The SCS software constantly updates the game and facilitates improvements with the installation of MODS. The menu is very easy and interactive. Missed only buses on the roads and more people on the streets, to give more reality to the game. Expand
  84. Nov 5, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I'm a sim freak so it wasn't a surprise to have this game on my playlist right on the launch date. Tutorial is simple and you will learn the basics easily. World is huge, so discovering every detail what is hidden there will take time. Every land has common stereotypical roads. Germany freeways after freeways. Alps offers challenge to drive your truck and trailer through serpentine roads.

A bit disappointment was when I noticed that hired drivers works almost automatically without any coaching. And I haven't discovered that I could do contracts with companys like It was used to be in earlier scs softw games.

Playing the game, enjoying and waiting updates and DLCs to kick in.
  85. Nov 6, 2012
    Euro Truck Simulator 2 is the best truck/vehicle simulator on the market!

Nice graphics and sounds. I like that you can buy your own truck and start your own company You can even qustomize your truck!

i really recommend this game!
  86. Nov 7, 2012
    The game is great and I have to admit it. I don't play Simulation games other than the racing ones, but this one got me hooked for endless hours, driving my truck and listening to the online radio. The customization of trucks, the diversity on the roads and the beautiful graphics are something that I missed from other Simulator games. But the most important thing it's been giving me lot's of fun. I do hope though that somethings be implemented, like a more bumpy feel to the driving (it's too smooth now), random traffic accidents and more volume of traffic (especially on especific times of the day, like on Rush Hour),
    more pedestrians, an economy (play against other companies) and anything else that could add to the realism.

But all in all, it's a very chill and relaxing game which can provide lot's of fun to anyone. Recommended!
  87. Nov 13, 2012
    I just can't put my finger on it but something about this game draws me into it like a bee to honey! This is a whole world away from my usual gaming genre which normally includes blowing something up... but I kinda feel ETS2 is putting me back on the straight and narrow :)
    The trucks are very detailed, I like the little touches of using indicators and the use of headlights plus the radio
    :D The environment is realistic, particularly the thunderstorms and of course you'll want to turn on your windscreen wipers! I also like taking the truck onto the ferry, across the channel then remembering to drive on the correct side of the road when coming off it!
    Like some others It would be nice if the truck sounds were a little louder in the cab. Perhaps the AI vehicles could move more fluidly too, they seem to make handbrake turns around corners!
    Overall though its a great game to relax too and makes a pleasant change from guns & explosions :) I recommend it!
  88. Jan 19, 2013
    A surprisingly addictive game even as someone with no prior interest in the trucking simulation scene. The driving feels nice and smooth even if there's many acts of dangerous driving that can go unpunished with only major crimes such as running red lights and speeding grabbing you a fine; cutting someone off as they're overtaking you or u-turning on a motorway is fine, apparently. It's quite repetitive gameplay but not in an exhausting sense, it's surprisingly good at keeping you involved actually and the running your haulage business provides an engine to drive you through the game, no pun intended. Overall a surprisingly decent experience although it's coming in pretty steep at Expand
  89. Dec 3, 2013
    Huge surprise! I thought the premise of this game would be as much fun as watching paint dry. I picked it up on a whim in a Steam sale and have been so impressed (despite this not really being the kind of thing I am into) I would almost pay full price for it. What is the catch? Like a lot of people say there is something incredibly relaxing about it. As with many people I increasingly as a result of having a family have less and less time to do any gaming. This game allows you a ten minute or 10 hour fix whichever you want depending on what your day allows. Simply put you just pull up a chair listen to some funky euro Internet radio station and just go cruising. It scales well so you can drive from London to Warsaw in a realistic time frame, or just pull into a rest stop leave the game and pick up where you left off the next day. You get to build a fleet, go shopping for cool rigs and hire some drivers and watch your little empire grow. I can't put my finger on it but it is fun and relaxing at the same time. I am so surprised I like this game but I just do surprise yourself and huge value for money! Expand
  90. Feb 10, 2013
    For the curious:
    If you can't live without fast paced action and are always craving excitement, this game is not for you. This game lets you build a business on trucking and allows you to manage the business aspect while enjoying the aspect of making deliveries and stuff. It's engrossing and I often find myself playing for 3-4 hours on end. It has it's own brand of tension too. Rushing to
    make those deliveries on a rain lashed country road in the dead of night will get you gripping your mouse tightly changing lanes to beat the traffic. If you are a casual gamer, you will need to change how you play. Unlike saints row or GTA, this game wont work with WASD controls. Unless you want to spend 90% of your time in ditches that is. Using the mouse to control the steering wheel while using W and S for acceleration works better and will save you the price of buying a gaming wheel. Expand
  91. Jan 19, 2013
    I would say this game has the best grafik ever among simulators and I can not forget about effects and scenery... so awesome ! ... The map is really big , but cities are not that big expect ,but I see why , it takes lot of time to even get hrough cities so with big cities like were released in "Scania truck driving simulator" it will take lot of time for delivery. I like truck tunning ,company building .. also day and night thing. I can not forget variety of online radios you can listen to and also how easy mods are instlled . You just save them in folder. Its really great game if you are fun of simulators or trucks ,but also if you are not , you should try demo ,because this game is very relaxing ,so special among other games and something differents from rpgs or shooting games.. Expand
  92. Apr 11, 2014
    I'm absolutely surprised how much fun I'm having driving this truck around. Though, for me, with just the stock engines and transmissions, the game drags out the experience too close to home. So, modded, with powerful engines and transmissions, combined with my favorite driving soundtracks, this game is very addictive and relaxing. Such a nice change from all the teeth grinding, bone-crushing FPS games out there. The scenary is awesome, and there are many little subtities that make this game not just a drive through a repetitive map over and over. Landmarks, cars, pedestrians, hills, birds, sun, moon, rain, even the different rails used in different areas, all makes it so refreshing.

There are lots of customization, and while there are many aesthetics, some of them are merely disguised. One commentor below said that there is no difference between the 4x2, 6x2-4 and the 6x4 chassis..This is NOT only false, but shows that he was not very vigilant even as a real life trucker.
    The 4x2 provides the largest fuel capacity, can be styled with side protectors, but comes at a cost of less braking power, though it is the cheapest option.
    The 6x2-4 has the extra braking power but has a very limited fuel capacity.
    While the 6x4 has the braking power, and a slightly larger fuel capacity but at a more costlier price than the 6x2-4.

Considering the depth of the explained game mechanics above, that should put a cork into anyone thinking that SCS isn't very thoroughly thought out. Realistic? Well, for $25 retail price, you are getting what you pay for, and quite frankly, the gameplay is most important, not the specific kind of sounds you want to hear from your truck, and I'm sure there's a mod out there that lets you feel the full 25 tons of your cargo load and totally hamper your driving..hey, everyone has their fetishes.

I just feel this game is very deserving of this mark, and I hope everyone can enjoy this game as much as I did. Good day.
  93. Jan 21, 2013
    I would have never guessed driving a truck can be an interesting game! This game exceeded my expectations ! I know nothing about trucks and I am not into them either, yet this game is amazing. The routes are perfect timewise meaning, they are just enough time to not get bored of of the game. It does get pretty difficult when it starts raining or when it is dark, which makes the game the more exciting! The idea of becoming and expert and getting experience points is a great feature. I have bought around 10 games in the past month, mostly throwing my money out, but this was the best deal for the monet. Expand
  94. Jan 24, 2013
    If you're looking for a simulator that is relaxing, aesthetically pleasing and in some cases, a challenge then Euro Truck Simulator 2 is definitely worth your time.

I am an avid gamer, I enjoy the likes of Battlefield 3 and I can still sit down with this game, flick a radio station on and deliver. There's something incredibly peaceful about playing ETS2, it doesn't leave you abandoned
    in the world wondering what to do next, it gives you a simple task and allows you to embrace your surroundings. When you tire of delivering goods, give it a while and you'll be back for more.

It's refreshing, stop blowing peoples heads off in whatever FPS you play.. Chill and drive.
  95. Jan 29, 2013
    To start off with I have quite a few different tastes in games and simulation is usually one I look into if price is right but i'm usually disappointed to say the least however...........
    This game does have its shortcomings like the AI of the other drivers is awful at times, and the graphics can get a little samey blocky and boring, if you run red lights or speed it fines you and
    there's no visual representation of truck's damage, no snow and ice, cities are laughably small however do contain famous landmarks like Newcastle has the Angel of the North Expand
  96. Feb 1, 2013
    SCS delivered an amazing and very impressive simulator with Euro Truck Sim 2. The game is a charm to run from A to Z Graphics all on Ultra are very good, beautiful landscape from all over Europe, and the skill progression is simply perfect to go get all that you need to become a pro trucker! Now add some web based radio stations, or your own music via the game itself, and its a big plus, full customization of the trucks is also very impressive with working beacon lights, or alternative ones, horns and mirrors etc. Last but not least, is the ability given for you to have the possibility not only to drive for other companies, but also to buy your own garages, buy your own trucks, hire drivers, and start your own business!

To conclude, i the only reason why i didn't went for the big 10, and for a 9 instead, is the immersion factor. I would love to see a lot more different kind of weather regarding the system, just rain isn't enough, we need snow, gusts of winds, icy roads etc, and also more realism with the sound effects of certain upgradable horns, different upgradable motor sounds etc. And that is my only complain.
    But i'm sure SCS will work on it :)

All and all 9/10 for the best Truck driver game to date!!
  97. Feb 2, 2013
    very good game

...................................................................................................................................................................
  98. Feb 5, 2013
    This is the best truck sim I have ever played in my life. Movement and graphics is great, trucs great, one miss is a "who the f*ck designed this road?!"problem. Average exellent.
  99. Feb 9, 2013
    This is my first trucking game I have purchased. I always knocked this types of games without having played them firsthand. So I decided to change that with EuroTruck Sim 2 which had been released on Steam through its Greenlight service. After playing around 9 hours of it so far, I can say I really enjoy it. There's just something to it which keeps bringing you back. I don't know if its just because its a new genre for me or what. But I like, a few MINOR things need sorting out but that's just me being VERY picky as the game is pretty much perfect. Bravo. Expand
  100. Feb 10, 2013
    I'll start with my only two bad points, the creators of this game often repeat scenery (to fill out the game) and that includes cities. They are all identical and consist of an eight-shaped design with maybe two or three little roads spiking off in random directions. They counteract this issue by filling the scenery with city specific items, for example. going into London lets you see the Gherkin and various other famous towers and statues. I would have liked driving around a city with buildings towering over the congested city streets. The other bad point is, like Nerd³ said, there are pathetic offences you have to keep paying if you leave your lights on or drive on the wrong side of the road. Ok, they are the only two bad points I have on this game, it needs big cities and less offences. Gameplay wise, it's fantastic. i play with a keyboard and mouse and it's fine to play. The rain is magical and increases your breaking distance, especially with a heavy load. I suppose you can check out other reviews for various good points, but I just wanted to tell you the worst of it in case they didn't. Great game, £15, you'll definitely get your money's worth out of it. Expand
  101. Jun 24, 2013

Sinceramente se merece un 10.

1. Aug 4, 2014
    The question isn’t “why would you play a game about that?” The question is “why wouldn’t you play a game about that?” If only those people on that bus knew what they were missing.
  2. Jun 10, 2013
    Quotation forthcoming.
  3. Feb 19, 2013
    If you love trucks Euro Truck Simulator 2 is a essential for your collection.