6.5

1. Sep 29, 2010
    The racing is fun and the game could be great, however it's let down by a lot of things, mostly game-breaking bugs, major oversights and poor development choices. The AI is poor, a lot of supposedly 'random' events are actually scripted, there's a lot of oversights and bugs that put the player at a huge disadvantage and can cause you to go from up the field to the back of the field, andThe racing is fun and the game could be great, however it's let down by a lot of things, mostly game-breaking bugs, major oversights and poor development choices. The AI is poor, a lot of supposedly 'random' events are actually scripted, there's a lot of oversights and bugs that put the player at a huge disadvantage and can cause you to go from up the field to the back of the field, and the graphics leave something to be desired. It really does feel like a practice by codemasters for the title they really want to release next year. Unfortunately I feel let down by false promises and a £30 lighter wallet. Expand
  2. Sep 26, 2010
    All in all I think this is a disappointing game. A lot of bugs, an unstable framerate, a highly simplified driving model and an unacceptable delay between the controller and the effective action transform an uber-awaited masterpiece in a burning disappointment.
  3. Sep 23, 2010
    Stunning graphics and environment and great difficulty variety (up to a very good level of simulation) are surely the big pros of this title. Unluckily it all gets countered by a myriad of scripting holes and bugs that after a couple of races make the overall experience very erratic and at times frustrating. At least 3 different bugs concerning pit stops (which are usually the turningStunning graphics and environment and great difficulty variety (up to a very good level of simulation) are surely the big pros of this title. Unluckily it all gets countered by a myriad of scripting holes and bugs that after a couple of races make the overall experience very erratic and at times frustrating. At least 3 different bugs concerning pit stops (which are usually the turning point of a race at higher difficulties) along with questionable penalties awarding and awkward tyres/fuel dynamic (getting a tyre puncture almost every race without going offtrack) and some other minor bugs really cripple this otherwise outstanding game. It would be understandable for an MMO and surely most of the problems will get patched (hopefully), but the casual buyer (and even more-so the F1 enthusiast) will quickly want to throw his monitor out of the window after getting in the pits leading the race and getting out in last position after a 25s that you can do very little about. Expand
  4. Sep 24, 2010
    Beautiful game that is marred by its arcadey gameplay -- the physics implementation isn't there at all --, poor AI and half-finished career mode. Best skipped for racing fans.
  5. Sep 24, 2010
    Finally! A complete simulation that captures GTR 2's visual timing. Be aware, open wheel, F1 handling is awkward in corners and chicanes until you get enough practice. Try different teams - in the first career competition, the Indian team's F1 is easy to drive and outperforms the Virgin team's entry - by several seconds.
  6. Sep 27, 2010
    An epic failure. That is what you come away thinking after playing a game of F1 2010. It looks great and sounds great.. but that is it. The computer players break the rules and never pit thus assuring they win. And if you dare pit, say while leading the race, you can be assured you will be held in the pits to emerge just in time to fill in at last place. This has been admitted as a realAn epic failure. That is what you come away thinking after playing a game of F1 2010. It looks great and sounds great.. but that is it. The computer players break the rules and never pit thus assuring they win. And if you dare pit, say while leading the race, you can be assured you will be held in the pits to emerge just in time to fill in at last place. This has been admitted as a real issue by Codemaster and they expect to release a patch for it eventually. Now how it was missed in all the professional reviews is beyond me. The real paid game critics toute the after race interviews, wich are boring and serve no purpose, and fail to mention the obvious issues plaguing this game. Many a person has shelved this game out of frustration due to all of it's bugs. Of wich this game has MANY. F1 2010 is the very definition of a half baked. It's main purpose so far has been to spotlight how little professional reviewers actually play the games they review. As it is hard to imagine not one single person would have mentioned the obvious bugs. If your into F1, wait for F1 2011.. and then even wait for the user reviews.. and skip all the fake professional reviews. Expand
  7. Sep 28, 2010
    Need for Speed Pro Street + better graphics and physics + F1 cars.
    They did a good job on the graphics on Ego 1,5, but they forgot the sounds and gameplay.
  8. Sep 23, 2010
    Brillant F1 experience, great intro to help you through the game. Tracks look stunning, gameplan is straightforward and works perfectly. Great effort from Codemasters.
  9. gas
    Sep 26, 2010
    Sadly is more then clear that many big companies doesn't care much about releasing a full tested and working game nowadays.
    Actually 27/09/10 this game is affected by many major and minor bugs that strongly ruin the experience (check the official forum about that), ok there will be fixes, but some issues related to the physics, the game mechanics and telemetry will need some kind of complete re-writing and i don't think there will be a fix for everything.
    This game as it is now is all about a bugged arcade time trial, If you are looking for some kind of racing simulator better to look elsewhere, anyway even if considering this game a pure arcade it's disappointing.
    I give 2 point and not a zero cause the good looking rain effect.
  10. Mar 13, 2011
    Coming from an oldschool gamer, experienced in racers and all other sorts of simulations.
    First off I want to say that I`m a bit surprised with the user rating. Right out of the box, the game immediately suggests high quality. The order of my paragraphs reflects what I want most with the game.
    Physics. I`m not an expert on physics, though I have a long experience in sims, especially racing
    Physics.
    I`m not an expert on physics, though I have a long experience in sims, especially racing ones. After two patches made available after few weeks after the release, F1_2010 presents an acceptable car behaviour. The brakes easily get blocked if you push too hard, and the throttle must be approached with easiness. Anyone that has trouble with those two I very much suggest fine tuning the controller settings.
    Also a too tight turn easily causes losing control of the car, as much as attacking the borders of the racing line too hard. What I can`t stress enough is that the game heavily promotes a precise, technical driving that F1 racing sport really is. In all other racing games I found myself much better of a virtual driver after few hours of F1_2010. In my opinion that ultimately makes the physics of this game very good. In short, much more realistic than say SHIFT1 but a bit easier that say rFactor. The settings of suspension, engine, brakes, aerodynamics and tyres are above acceptable. There are certainly enough settings to tune the car directly to one`s desires, especially if one has specific driving style. Every and each one of them makes a difference in how the car steers, reacts. The tyres also make a big difference on the road, changing how good the driving is. This is directly connected to the way in which the car drives on dry, semi-wet or wet surface. I can honestly say that the driving really gives satisfaction and going lap after lap doesn`t get dull at all. The races are very intensive and tiring (hich is a good thing for a semi-sim).
    What doesn`t really satisfy me is the simplicity of the settings. They do not reflect the real thing too good, and the technical help of "what does what" feels a bit short. It doesn`t succeed in explaining the whole deal of tuning a F1 car, easily causes the user to be disguided. Still, there are some curious additional features as developing packets through the racing career season which make it even more interesting.
    Career.
    It is very interesting. Player has few options on how he wants it to go. First he selects the team, then gives an interview, then he goes onto the first circuit. I have to say the interview thing doesn`t really interest me. It is too shallow. Every race can be customized in multiple choices such as AI difficulty, physics difficulty, race lenght and rules. Every race has objectives a player must accomplish to satisfy the team but the career goes on to next race independetly of that. If a player accomplishes those objectives, he can find himself choosing from the multiple opposite team offers from stronger opponents. Sound FX and music.
    Music I find to be good. Doesn`t get "noisy" nor it even attempts to get in the way. Just sits in the background exactly as it should.
    SoundFX is less what I was hoping for. Given that I have an average set of soundcard and headphones. The engine sounds are a bit "squeaky" and the maximum revs sound doesn`t reflect anything like in the real life. Tyres don`t sound too good either. During the race though other cars make the experience better, especially in closed circuits (like Monte Carlo). Good overall. Graphics.
    Very good. The reflections are something special, the cars look exactly how they should. There are tyre tracks on the circuit, the circuits themselves are above ok. I find the lightning a bit dull though, never was blinded by sunlight for example. Where the game really shines is the rainy weather - it all looks really beatiful like in any other racing video game (GT5 comes close). The driver`s visor ofcourse gets wet from the water, especially when closely following the car in front. In sunny weather - ok, in rainy weather - full immersion.
    Multiplayer.
    First thing - a good ISP means a good game. This game`s online code is a-ok. Any lags are that of individual player, if ever. Very small number of players. One has to really search if wants to find anything more than a simple arcade-likfe 3 lap race. Better to find some friends earlier and organise something closed.
    Not very wide range of online race options. I rarely play online because there is rarely a possibility of experiencing something good. Maybe the biggest downside of this game. Not satisfied.
    Game "programming quality". Very good. In the first few weeks after the release many things were buggy, along with framerate problems. Currently the game is mostly fixed, though the "pit-bug" where your driver has to wait for others to leave the pit stop persists. Besides that, no crashes, no controller compatibility problems. Wide range of options overall. Nevertheless, this alone makes that the game can`t be perfect.
    Recommended.
  11. Oct 4, 2010
    People really seem to getting worked up about tiny things. I wouldn't of even noticed 2/3 of all the problems if i had not read about them. Codemasters has stated they will be releasing a patch and are currently working on it. Im sure they will fix the majority of the problems.

Here is a workaround that makes career mode awesome - turn off tyre simulation, race 40% or longer, and on advanced settings set flashbacks to 4. Do this because even with tyre simulation on the AI doesn't have it. Race 40% or longer and the AI not pitting problem is gone, have 4 flashbacks for possible tyre punctures. Now to the actual review - ill simplify it. Great overall experience. Having a 1 hour race come to a conclusion of whether or not you overtake your opponent on the last lap for 1st creates the best pressure Ive experienced in a racing game. You start on one of the lower teams in the first season and every season the cars gets better. Time trial mode is perfect with all cars/track available from the beginning and strictly enforcing corner cutting for invalid laps. Leader boards allow comparison of time against friends or the world. Multiplayer like every other racing game is really only good with friends, random people do random things like driving into walls or you as fast as they can. Car handling is excellent - it will take some practice to get a curve perfect and a lot of practice to get a lap perfect. You can tell a difference between the settings and if your set up is not correct or close to it the AI will beat you so get your setup correct in practice/qualifying. Ferrari is faster then virgin as they should be. The AI will pass you if they are faster, but blocking is possible. Mods are already being released. I suggest the lighting mod to get rid of Codemasters normal yellow/grey tint. Camera mods have been released to improve the **** view, though i prefer the top of the head camera. Also i suggest you use manual and all assists off. Graphics wise i think Dirt 2 actually looks slightly better but the lighting mod is great and are going to release an update for DX11 settings.
  12. Oct 2, 2010
    Don't listen to the angry few. I almost didn't buy this game because of the negative user reviews. Truth be told, I haven't run into any framerate problems (after 5 race weekends), no pit problems, no major bugs. I am running a barely-above-average machine. Racing in **** view in manual transmission is an incredible experience - a visceral experience. It's an addictive game throughDon't listen to the angry few. I almost didn't buy this game because of the negative user reviews. Truth be told, I haven't run into any framerate problems (after 5 race weekends), no pit problems, no major bugs. I am running a barely-above-average machine. Racing in **** view in manual transmission is an incredible experience - a visceral experience. It's an addictive game through and through and satisfies my need for a good racing sim. Definitely recommend to buy. Expand
  13. Sep 29, 2010
    Is a good game but not the real simulation that I want, they have a simplified driving and there is no a great feeling of change of the car when you modify the set-up or when change the weather. Another important missing feature is the telemetry as we had in "F1 2002" realized by EA.
  14. Oct 4, 2010
    Stay away from this it has been rushed out unfinished and is full of terrible game breaking bugs.

Aside from the bugs they have also chosen to go with a timing system which bares no resemblance to real F1 timing - No split times for car infront or behind, no fastest lap of the race displayed, no sector times shown for personal times and no compiling of lap times throughout the race so you know who is going quicker and when, not even at the end of the race so you cannot analyze anything.

Codemasters have gone for the 'lets rip everyone off this time' release as the game is 6 months short of being ready for general release but they could not wait until then because the 2010 F1 season would be over by then and the interest in the game would be far less. They also did a great job of bigging it up throughout the development promising so much, but if it doesn't deliver on the simple things then all the rest is a waste of time.

Keep well clear.
  15. Oct 8, 2010
    Great graphics, but game play is laggy and i felt like i got no feel to the road even after tweaking the settings in my G25 for a long time. I had all driving aids off, and pressed 100% gas in second gear and could not spin the car. This is impossible, with F1 car you get it to spin even 4th gear in real life. Driving physics are horrible, no feel to the game. I shall never again touchGreat graphics, but game play is laggy and i felt like i got no feel to the road even after tweaking the settings in my G25 for a long time. I had all driving aids off, and pressed 100% gas in second gear and could not spin the car. This is impossible, with F1 car you get it to spin even 4th gear in real life. Driving physics are horrible, no feel to the game. I shall never again touch anything that is made by codemasters. Another corporate masterpiece of profit making. This game is a horrible example of games of today that seem to be made for nubs and 5 year olds.

Only thing that matters is graphics and then the crap product is ready for consumer. Thank god i got it for free.
  16. Oct 26, 2010
    An 8 for me.
    A great game with some bugs that can compromise the full experience like the popular fuel bug or the random crazy punctures, and an AI upgrade is required, even at legend i can do a 5th place with a Lotus.
    But overall a good game also considering tha a bug-fix and improvements patch is already in work.
    With and mid-hig end PC F1 have great graphics, just wait for the upcoming patch.
  17. cjm
    Dec 14, 2010
    Another excellent Codemasters racing experience. I've never driven an F1 car, so I can't comment on how realistic the handling of the cars is. Set on Hard difficulty, my best finish so far has been a 7th place (still on my first season.) You really have to get to know the tracks for this one, because the speed of the cars does not allow for much reaction time between corners. Most ofAnother excellent Codemasters racing experience. I've never driven an F1 car, so I can't comment on how realistic the handling of the cars is. Set on Hard difficulty, my best finish so far has been a 7th place (still on my first season.) You really have to get to know the tracks for this one, because the speed of the cars does not allow for much reaction time between corners. Most of the frame rate issues noticed by other reviewers are caused by the hardware they are using, not the software. You need a decent gaming rig to run this game, I'd say at least an amd 5770 card for a single 1080 display, plus all the supporting hardware. (Maybe the console versions are laggy? See, there is still a reason to have a gaming PC.)

Anyway, I give it a 9 because the tires do puncture a little too easily, you don't see that so often watching F1 races on TV. Stick to the recommended pit stop strategy and it's not a big problem. Using a force feedback steering wheel will tell you when the tires are about to go, the front end starts to push and you can feel the wheel lose resistance.

Don't buy this game expecting Burnout or Need For Speed, you're not going to win every time, probably not even once during the first season unless you're playing on Easy difficulty.
  18. Nov 11, 2010
    Indeed the best F1 game ver butit is not upro the mark.Career mode should have been better.Racing,pit lane action,engineer,tracks.teams are excellent but there is no safety car or telemetry.You cannot create another profile.Grand prix mode is what i expected.Menu presentation is damn good.A stupid thing is that you can hear the songs only in garage and replay mode while in menus you canIndeed the best F1 game ver butit is not upro the mark.Career mode should have been better.Racing,pit lane action,engineer,tracks.teams are excellent but there is no safety car or telemetry.You cannot create another profile.Grand prix mode is what i expected.Menu presentation is damn good.A stupid thing is that you can hear the songs only in garage and replay mode while in menus you can only hear avergae instrumental music.Anyways i expect Codemasters to deliver a better game next year.Nevertheless, F1 2010 is Very enjoyable and after each race you will want to take lots of water. Expand
  19. Oct 7, 2010
    Excellent racing game!! If you love F1 you can't miss it. Nice graphics and physics. Many difficult options, you can play just for fun or in a realistic way. All official cars, pilots and races. Dynamic weather, its very nice experience driving in the rain. I really recommend this game e a recommend a wheel too, to you fully enjoy the game
  20. Oct 8, 2010
    F1 2010 captures the mood and memento of the Formula 1 World Series and anything in between. You start off picking your name and country, then you can pick from a selection of teams, and then you get to hit the track, it starts with a practice then qualifying and then the big one... the race its self, I play this game with a xbox 360 controller on my pc, and it's alot easier than I assumedF1 2010 captures the mood and memento of the Formula 1 World Series and anything in between. You start off picking your name and country, then you can pick from a selection of teams, and then you get to hit the track, it starts with a practice then qualifying and then the big one... the race its self, I play this game with a xbox 360 controller on my pc, and it's alot easier than I assumed it would be. The game has a auto breaking system and it actually comes in pretty useful. This game graphically is amazing, the game really shines in the rain, when you can't see a thing in front of you because of the spray of the rain is right in your face, this game also has great handling on cars, each one feeling different, in the sense of faster and slower, you can also change your wing on the go with a click of a button, If your a F1 fan this game is a must own, if your not a F1 fan and are looking for a smooth racing experience rent it, and buy it if your satisfied. Expand
  21. Oct 18, 2010
    In a word...ARCADE ....maybe not even an arcade game...this game try s to pretend to be a full on simulation..but in reality it is not even close to a proper simulation of the F1 car...it has absolutely no physics whatsoever..the cars feel awkward to control and often feel on rails or glued to the track...

I play GTR2 and rfactor with the F1 addons and that is by far a better attempt at f1 simulation, its not perfect but miles better than F1 2010...

The control issues with forcefeedback wheels or joysticks will leave you annoyed and irritated that unless your stick/wheel is on the short approved and supported list, then you will find a serious lack of configurable options available to you.

The Ai cheats!....their hot laps and qualifying bear no resemblance to their actual performance in the full race..

in short it looks nice....if a little ott and arcadey...it plays worse than arcade...the painfully slow 3d menu system is a REAL irritation....the in-car view is too low..hence the reason 90% of youtube videos always show the car helmet cam view (so you can see the track and bends etc!)..and it has zero physics or damage modelling....even at full you can hit a wall at 180 mph and all that happens is you loose a front wing!..its RUBBISH...avoid...
  22. Oct 23, 2010
    At first when I go this title, I was like "Yay, finally a F1 game on PC after many years!", but as I got more into the game, the only good things I found in this game were the rainy weather, which was really nicely done and the fact that the cars were well modeled. THEN the downsides: "What damage model?" The only thing I ever got broken of the car was the front wing. Although it willAt first when I go this title, I was like "Yay, finally a F1 game on PC after many years!", but as I got more into the game, the only good things I found in this game were the rainy weather, which was really nicely done and the fact that the cars were well modeled. THEN the downsides: "What damage model?" The only thing I ever got broken of the car was the front wing. Although it will break into four pieces, it's still kinda "WTF". And that doesn't even effect the handling. F1 cars are supposed to be fragile, not freaking tanks. Also the sounds are too subtle. Those things are what makes it boring. HUGE disappointment. Expand
  23. Nov 6, 2010
    I LOVE this game! There are always naysayers when ever a new software is released. To them I say 'When you can program some thing better I will listen'. At first my only complaint was the graphics looked so good, even at the Lowest settings that my frame rate was low, about 35 fps. After the patch from Codemasters and Nvidia to address the issue I got a 170% improvement. Now I have theI LOVE this game! There are always naysayers when ever a new software is released. To them I say 'When you can program some thing better I will listen'. At first my only complaint was the graphics looked so good, even at the Lowest settings that my frame rate was low, about 35 fps. After the patch from Codemasters and Nvidia to address the issue I got a 170% improvement. Now I have the graphics on High quality and I get 50 fps. And my PC is much faster in other games, usually 75 fps. But the game play is really fun. They did an admirable job of compressing the F1 weekend of practice, qualifying and race, Into a part of the fun rather than the part you want to skip through just to get to the race. Look for Passing Barrichello on You Tube. Expand
  24. Nov 11, 2010
    Not exactly a perfect game. At its core, it's a very very good racing game. Not the most hardcore simulation out there but it finds that perfect balance to lure in new players and keep the more hardcore players satisfied. The bugs have been worked out, they finally put in split times in races but the only thing that has me miffed at this point in writing this review, is that F1 2011 isNot exactly a perfect game. At its core, it's a very very good racing game. Not the most hardcore simulation out there but it finds that perfect balance to lure in new players and keep the more hardcore players satisfied. The bugs have been worked out, they finally put in split times in races but the only thing that has me miffed at this point in writing this review, is that F1 2011 is coming out next year with even more stuff. With that said, if you find a good deal on this game for around 30 bucks or less, I recommend buying it. The game starts getting boring in the third season or so if you play on normal mode. Again, a very good game, probably a bit overpriced at this point after they announced that they are going to release F1 2011 next year, either just wait for that or buy this game for a bargain. Expand
  25. Jun 29, 2011
    Racing fans beware this is just about one of the best racing games on the market. I'm also a massive F1 fan and thus know allot of the stuff that goes on in the real F1 world and they have done a good job on trying to make it into a game. It still has plenty of room for improvement though as even some of the basic things such as the safety car is missing and little faults in carRacing fans beware this is just about one of the best racing games on the market. I'm also a massive F1 fan and thus know allot of the stuff that goes on in the real F1 world and they have done a good job on trying to make it into a game. It still has plenty of room for improvement though as even some of the basic things such as the safety car is missing and little faults in car reliability. Even with these areas lacking in the game play it still delivers one of the best experiences in a game of this type and allows a good vary of control and car setup based on the user skill level. While also having a great online multiplayer option, of which makes the game even more enjoyable. Expand
  26. Dec 3, 2010
    After playing this game, i think this is the best F1 game ever made... the graphics are great... pit stops are good, mainly everything good, there are a few glitches and bugs but that dosen't really matter.. what is most important is, the game play.. it's an enjoyable game and i can play for 1 - 2 hours just trying to get pole postion or win the race.... only one slight problem with thisAfter playing this game, i think this is the best F1 game ever made... the graphics are great... pit stops are good, mainly everything good, there are a few glitches and bugs but that dosen't really matter.. what is most important is, the game play.. it's an enjoyable game and i can play for 1 - 2 hours just trying to get pole postion or win the race.... only one slight problem with this game, it's not very realistic.. as i can get pole postion in a virgin racing car, that's the only drawback i have with this game... over all i'd give this game a 7/10. Expand
  27. Apr 7, 2011
    Overall I think this is a fun game. There is enough options and variety to keep the casual and the serious player happy although I can understand how real enthusiasts might not be overly happy. Positives: graphics are good (I don't find any problems that others reports); immersive; fun; very good career mode; decent simulation; weather system; the way the cars respond to changes in wings,Overall I think this is a fun game. There is enough options and variety to keep the casual and the serious player happy although I can understand how real enthusiasts might not be overly happy. Positives: graphics are good (I don't find any problems that others reports); immersive; fun; very good career mode; decent simulation; weather system; the way the cars respond to changes in wings, tyres etc. Negatives: lack of realism in races, e.g. retirements; internet play is pointless - far too easy for cheaters; the team and media relationships feel half-baked. F1 2011 is now on the way so hopefully a lot of these things are ironed out. Looking forward to that. Expand
  28. Dec 2, 2010
    A rewarding game with great sim functionality and physics. This is the most fun F1 game I have played in my years and I must say, Codemasters now dominates the racing genre. Its slick, fluid menus with perfect musical melodies really appeal to the feel of being a driver. The cars are pleasing to drive. Force feedback is great and keyboard play is fun as well. I highly recommend this toA rewarding game with great sim functionality and physics. This is the most fun F1 game I have played in my years and I must say, Codemasters now dominates the racing genre. Its slick, fluid menus with perfect musical melodies really appeal to the feel of being a driver. The cars are pleasing to drive. Force feedback is great and keyboard play is fun as well. I highly recommend this to anyone who likes realistic/semi' racing. Expand
  29. Aug 23, 2011
    F1 2010 is an enthralling race sim that just borders on brilliant. The graphics are great and the level of detail of the tracks is really impressive. Entering into the game, you have the choice of setting the difficulty anywhere from a novice (translate arcade style) driver to expert driving skills. The AI seems to progressively get better as you increase the difficulty settings of theF1 2010 is an enthralling race sim that just borders on brilliant. The graphics are great and the level of detail of the tracks is really impressive. Entering into the game, you have the choice of setting the difficulty anywhere from a novice (translate arcade style) driver to expert driving skills. The AI seems to progressively get better as you increase the difficulty settings of the game. From this point you get a few customization options for your driver (Name, Nickname, and Nationality) and answer a few intro questions, which display a bit of the career F1 racer simulation. Once your racer is all set and you've chosen a team (which defaults you to a specific difficulty), you are thrust into your first F1 season session. The agent explains a few details to you and then you're into your first practice session of the career mode. Obviously, a wheel is paramount to this game. I've found some issues with the default wheel setups, so modification may be necessary to achieve some really nice, smooth control over your car. Inside the garage of your race team, you're given the option to adjust some settings of the race car, or let the engineer make adjustments based on some preset racing configurations that are provided for. For that enthusiast who lives for tweaking every bit of their race machine, you will be sadly disappointed in the level of customization allowed in the tuning department. You are limited to customizing certain aspects of the car, but restricted from others. As an example, you can adjust the front/rear camber of your race car, but you are not allowed to adjust the caster. Or you can adjust the ride height of the vehicle and adjust the F/R springs, but there are no adjustments for dampers. I would have hoped for a little more flexibility in the adjustments for the F1 cars. On the track, the car handles like you would expect an F1 machine to handle. Pin point accuracy on the turns and lines around the track, fast revs and quick gear changes, along with that ever so lovely scream of an F1 machine really pulls you into the realism of the game. The damage model is pretty accurate, so you really must be careful with these delicate vehicles as you navigate around the race track. A downside to the racing is the ease at which you can draw a penalty for unavoidable contact with other racers. It seems that this variable is set a little high, so be extra careful to avoid unnecessary collisions. With the exception of a few technical flaws (most of which have been corrected as of this writing), F1 2010 is an excellent addition to the really limited field of pure racing sims. F1 2011 has already been announced, so we can hope that lessons learned will help improve on the next edition of this sim!! A must have for sim racing fans. Expand
  30. Mar 27, 2011
    This game is not what it is cracked up to be, terrible physics, car always lets go the same way, the setup for vehicles is too simplified. I'd wait for rFactor 2. F1 2010 simply sucks. Codemasters best get their act together for any release following this one. I'll give it a 3 cuz it has good graphics, but that is all it has.
  31. Oct 17, 2010
    This web-site only allows 5000 characters in a reveiw. I have posted the first 500 characters of my reveiw of this game here but the full reveiw is about 18000 characters. wish they told me before I wrote it.

Here is a link to the full reveiw
  32. Sep 11, 2012
    There really couldn't be a better time for Codemasters to release what is undeniably the best Formula 1 videogame since 2002. As the F1 season heads to Singapore next weekend and the final five races of the season, no less than five drivers are still in with a realistic chance of winning the championship and the vast majority of races so far have been unpredictable battles which wereThere really couldn't be a better time for Codemasters to release what is undeniably the best Formula 1 videogame since 2002. As the F1 season heads to Singapore next weekend and the final five races of the season, no less than five drivers are still in with a realistic chance of winning the championship and the vast majority of races so far have been unpredictable battles which were fought for with tooth and nail. Guaranteed thrills and spills now come bundled with the experience of an F1 race weekend, which is far more than could've been said of the sport eight years ago when Geoff Crammond's Grand Prix 4 was released. So, Formula 1 is back atop the mountain again from the armchair enthusiast's point of view and we all know how much couch potatoes like a decent game to supplement their viewing. Expand
  33. Jul 25, 2011
    Psysics/Handling, timing system, gameplay, various bugs, look and feel......hmm dont know what to say other than it just doesnt feel right. rfactor simulator three years ago felt like a real simulator but this one....I was very exited but after trying it, i got very dissapointed. I rate the games as a simulator only.
  34. Oct 15, 2011
    This game won't start at all on our PC. No splash screen, no error message, nothing. I checked CodeMasters' forum for this game; other people reported similar problems and got no response.

Experienced developers showed again their ability to turn anything they touch into gold. Long-term starving for an F1 PC racing game is over – this one is great in every aspect. [Issue#197]
  2. Jan 12, 2011
    "Quotation Forthcoming"
  3. Dec 25, 2010
    For the first time in a good seven years there's a decent Formula 1 game on the PC. An impressive return to form. [Issue#246, p.102]