6.3

1. Oct 29, 2013
    This game can be summarized with the following: The the graphics in this game are a more polished version of F1 2012 and the controls are clearly different from its predecessor as well. The most important factor of the two is that the controls do seem 'stiff'. This is most evident when all assists are off. Now this does not by any means imply that the controls have been simplified forThis game can be summarized with the following: The the graphics in this game are a more polished version of F1 2012 and the controls are clearly different from its predecessor as well. The most important factor of the two is that the controls do seem 'stiff'. This is most evident when all assists are off. Now this does not by any means imply that the controls have been simplified for easier gameplay. No where in the gameplay did I see that to be overwhelmingly evident. Now let me emphasize that the stiffness or tightness feel of the controls is only clear if you have played previous versions of the game. Now, the big question that remains is whether or not Codemasters have produced a state of the art F1 simulation. Unfortunately, I do not believe I have the experience nor knowledge to make a useful observation. In fact, I don't think anyone does unless they are an F1 driver. Hence, my rating is solely based on the experience gameplay, and since the game really did not have anything truly different from its predecessor except the classic content, I feel a 7 is a modest score. Expand
  2. Oct 9, 2013
    Better than Asphalt, though nowhere near NFS. I don't really fancy racing games so I'll just say that F1 has superb graphics which surpass 90% of racing games today. The driving is kinda boring but all in all it's great
  3. May 27, 2014
    Very good game if you own steering wheel for pc, its really hard to win qualifications , win race is almost impossible even when you play on easy difficulty. If you understand f1 strategies and tactics (fuel, pit stops, tires and lot more options) you will love this game for sure.
  4. Dec 4, 2013
    In my opinion this game could be perfect. However, there are lot of things I really don't like.

1) If I want to set my graphics first like in every game I have to go to some F1 category where is settings option. I think there should be some Settings or Options when I turn on this game in the main menu. This is so confusing... 2) In graphic settings there isn't an option: Fullscreen,

2) In graphic settings there isn't an option: Fullscreen, so I must find difficult way to play this game in Fullscreen by editing some *.ini file.

Race Career

3) When I pass all qualification races and I finally get to GP, you cannot change your tyres, so if you used them all in the qualification before, you have to race with used one. In the other words you will loose because used tyres doesn't provide good grip.

4) If you go to pit, there is not displayed the amount of fuel which is being given to your car, so it means that you will race for 4 laps and you will run ouf fuel.

5) eg. There is 100% of rain. When I put Wet or Intermediate tyres and continue racing, the grip is very bad, because there isn't raining at all...

Conclusion:
    If these problems will be solved, I think that I would give 8 or 9 points of 10 to this game. Of course there are lot of pros> rich settings of difficulty of this game, very nice sound and design of formulas. The designers of this game must know that they messed it up,
  5. Dec 11, 2013
    from year to year,codemasters creates a very promising title around the name of F1.This year game hasnt got a lot changes from 2012,but remains good although some minors bugs with the weather and sometimes on the handling of the car.
  6. Mar 14, 2014
    "Mediocre" is an appropriate term to describe this game. There's nothing particularly wrong with it, but it does fail to show any real effort in the competitive and over saturated market that is racing games. It is definitely one of the better Formula 1 racing games out there, but that's not saying much.
  7. May 16, 2014
    It's Kate Upton: The Videogame -- the visuals are stunning, but it's about as deep as it's perfectly rendered puddles. F1 2010 was an unmitigated mess, so bugged that it soured my whole experience. I finally returned to the series with this latest iteration -- it's an improvement, although still a massive disappointment. Steering Wheel support is terrible, no matter how much you fiddleIt's Kate Upton: The Videogame -- the visuals are stunning, but it's about as deep as it's perfectly rendered puddles. F1 2010 was an unmitigated mess, so bugged that it soured my whole experience. I finally returned to the series with this latest iteration -- it's an improvement, although still a massive disappointment. Steering Wheel support is terrible, no matter how much you fiddle with the settings it never feels quite right. The AI is just woeful, not an ounce of realism. Career mode is a wonderful idea, but given everything else (visuals aside) is below par I can only endure 3 or 4 rounds of tedium before I pack it in. I'd rather blow the dust of Grand Prix 2 -- somebody tell Codemasters to hire Geoff Crammond. Expand
  8. Sep 10, 2014
    Very good game. Really hard to win qualifying and races even on easy mode. If you understand f1 like i do you will love the game. The detail on many levels is fantastic. The best racing game around or maybe because I'm a big F1 fan.
  9. Oct 16, 2014
    This game is good, but the the online is full of kids who play only for smash your car... please do something Codemasters. Another problem of this game is the offline career... boring after 2 seasons.
  10. Oct 27, 2013
    As a fan of the series since the F1 2010 game, this is a huge disappointment, as was F1 2012. As other reviewers have stated the steering controls in particular for this game are awful, as is the massively over-played traction and an almost inability to mess up, even with all assists off.

The steering is horrible and vague, the tyres offer more grip than is ever viable and attempting passes that would sent a real F1 car smashing into a wall are pulled off without a hitch. For a game that is supposed to represent the cutting edge of motorsport where cars are constantly held on the limit, this game is far too easy when you want to dial it into the hard setting. This is a game to avoid if you are after a simulation. Having recently lent my F1 2011 game to my dad, I had another go on it and found that it was so much more realistic (and difficult!) than the previous two generations, and would recommend this as the most “simulation” style of racing game. The first time out on this game, no setup done, no prep, I got pole in a Force India in Melbourne (hardest difficulty).

A quick note on classic mode: other than gear ratios and the cars revving faster, the classic cars don’t feel ultimately different than the new cars. Cars from the 80-90’s were on the edge, cars that you had to muscle around the tracks. Not in this game; no spins, no spills, huge downforce (unrealistically so). Great for the visuals, no challenge to master what should be a very challenging car.

Graphically, there have been some changes (hard to tell whether they’re for better or worse). Actually, scratch that, they’re worse. The textures are AWFUL and I play on a PC capable of maxing every setting. Melbourne springs to mind; the second to last corner is just one bit swathe of green from the kerb to the top of the tyre wall whereas in the 2012 game there was detailed grass shown. It’s unacceptable for an official game to slip backwards this dramatically in terms of graphical quality. None of the other textures seem to have the clarity of the previous iteration and all I can hope is that F1 2013 is opened to the Steam Workshop so that someone competent can make a HD Texture pack.

There are other gripes, but I think that a side of A4 is enough for a review.

In conclusion, this game shows the sad progression of a series that started out as a challenging simulator-style game where the rough edges were forgiven due to the excellent racing, into an arcade style “easy-for-everyone-regardless-of-setting” point-n-squirt game which presents next to no challenge. However, this time it isn’t even a polished example graphically. The only improvement, graphically, is that the from-driver perspective is lower down, and so more realistic. The AI is slightly improved too.

I hesitantly say that this was released before it was ready. Codemasters, if you’re reading this, please take some time, patch this up, add the proper textures (or even the ones from last years game), fix the steering, fix the grip and give your customers value for money.

1. Mar 11, 2014
    F1 2013 is a pretty ambiguous package. On one hand it's the best lightweight F1 simulation ever, but on the other hand it feels like an another season update with overpriced DLC's and burden of current gen consoles. I think it really would benefit from updates like warmup laps and all the drama surrounding F1 circus. [Nov 2013]
  2. Nov 25, 2013
    Arguably the best in the series, but also very much a retread of F1 2012. [December 2013, p.95]
  3. Nov 14, 2013
    The F1 Classics mode refreshes the game and I would gladly welcome it as a separate full-scale title. Otherwise F1 2013 doesn’t get crazy with innovation, but maintains high level of the series. [12/2013, p.68]