6.3

1. Oct 29, 2013
    This game can be summarized with the following: The the graphics in this game are a more polished version of F1 2012 and the controls are clearly different from its predecessor as well. The most important factor of the two is that the controls do seem 'stiff'. This is most evident when all assists are off. Now this does not by any means imply that the controls have been simplified forThis game can be summarized with the following: The the graphics in this game are a more polished version of F1 2012 and the controls are clearly different from its predecessor as well. The most important factor of the two is that the controls do seem 'stiff'. This is most evident when all assists are off. Now this does not by any means imply that the controls have been simplified for easier gameplay. No where in the gameplay did I see that to be overwhelmingly evident. Now let me emphasize that the stiffness or tightness feel of the controls is only clear if you have played previous versions of the game. Now, the big question that remains is whether or not Codemasters have produced a state of the art F1 simulation. Unfortunately, I do not believe I have the experience nor knowledge to make a useful observation. In fact, I don't think anyone does unless they are an F1 driver. Hence, my rating is solely based on the experience gameplay, and since the game really did not have anything truly different from its predecessor except the classic content, I feel a 7 is a modest score. Expand
  2. Oct 9, 2013
    Better than Asphalt, though nowhere near NFS. I don't really fancy racing games so I'll just say that F1 has superb graphics which surpass 90% of racing games today. The driving is kinda boring but all in all it's great
  3. May 27, 2014
    Very good game if you own steering wheel for pc, its really hard to win qualifications , win race is almost impossible even when you play on easy difficulty. If you understand f1 strategies and tactics (fuel, pit stops, tires and lot more options) you will love this game for sure.
  4. Dec 4, 2013
    In my opinion this game could be perfect. However, there are lot of things I really don't like.

1) If I want to set my graphics first like in every game I have to go to some F1 category where is settings option. I think there should be some Settings or Options when I turn on this game in the main menu. This is so confusing... 2) In graphic settings there isn't an option: Fullscreen,

2) In graphic settings there isn't an option: Fullscreen, so I must find difficult way to play this game in Fullscreen by editing some *.ini file.

Race Career

3) When I pass all qualification races and I finally get to GP, you cannot change your tyres, so if you used them all in the qualification before, you have to race with used one. In the other words you will loose because used tyres doesn't provide good grip.

4) If you go to pit, there is not displayed the amount of fuel which is being given to your car, so it means that you will race for 4 laps and you will run ouf fuel.

5) eg. There is 100% of rain. When I put Wet or Intermediate tyres and continue racing, the grip is very bad, because there isn't raining at all...

Conclusion:
    If these problems will be solved, I think that I would give 8 or 9 points of 10 to this game. Of course there are lot of pros> rich settings of difficulty of this game, very nice sound and design of formulas. The designers of this game must know that they messed it up,
  5. Dec 11, 2013
    from year to year,codemasters creates a very promising title around the name of F1.This year game hasnt got a lot changes from 2012,but remains good although some minors bugs with the weather and sometimes on the handling of the car.
  6. Mar 14, 2014
    "Mediocre" is an appropriate term to describe this game. There's nothing particularly wrong with it, but it does fail to show any real effort in the competitive and over saturated market that is racing games. It is definitely one of the better Formula 1 racing games out there, but that's not saying much.
  7. May 16, 2014
    It's Kate Upton: The Videogame -- the visuals are stunning, but it's about as deep as it's perfectly rendered puddles. F1 2010 was an unmitigated mess, so bugged that it soured my whole experience. I finally returned to the series with this latest iteration -- it's an improvement, although still a massive disappointment. Steering Wheel support is terrible, no matter how much you fiddleIt's Kate Upton: The Videogame -- the visuals are stunning, but it's about as deep as it's perfectly rendered puddles. F1 2010 was an unmitigated mess, so bugged that it soured my whole experience. I finally returned to the series with this latest iteration -- it's an improvement, although still a massive disappointment. Steering Wheel support is terrible, no matter how much you fiddle with the settings it never feels quite right. The AI is just woeful, not an ounce of realism. Career mode is a wonderful idea, but given everything else (visuals aside) is below par I can only endure 3 or 4 rounds of tedium before I pack it in. I'd rather blow the dust of Grand Prix 2 -- somebody tell Codemasters to hire Geoff Crammond. Expand
  8. Sep 10, 2014
    Very good game. Really hard to win qualifying and races even on easy mode. If you understand f1 like i do you will love the game. The detail on many levels is fantastic. The best racing game around or maybe because I'm a big F1 fan.
  9. Oct 16, 2014
    This game is good, but the the online is full of kids who play only for smash your car... please do something Codemasters. Another problem of this game is the offline career... boring after 2 seasons.
  10. Nov 6, 2013
    First of all, I have played F1 2010, F1 2012, and this is the worst F1 game. F1 2010's lack of development and ingenuity was forgivable. F1 2012 the handling was perfect. there was only room for making it fun. So I was expecting F1 2013 to have the immerse and fun experience to make an awesome game. Unfortunately, F1 2013's handling is nightmare, a lot of understeer in low speed corner andFirst of all, I have played F1 2010, F1 2012, and this is the worst F1 game. F1 2010's lack of development and ingenuity was forgivable. F1 2012 the handling was perfect. there was only room for making it fun. So I was expecting F1 2013 to have the immerse and fun experience to make an awesome game. Unfortunately, F1 2013's handling is nightmare, a lot of understeer in low speed corner and massive oversteer in high speed corners, lose back-end, a lot of wheel spin, and finally a very depressing player interface, racing game experience is so boring Collapse

1. Mar 11, 2014
    F1 2013 is a pretty ambiguous package. On one hand it's the best lightweight F1 simulation ever, but on the other hand it feels like an another season update with overpriced DLC's and burden of current gen consoles. I think it really would benefit from updates like warmup laps and all the drama surrounding F1 circus. [Nov 2013]
  2. Nov 25, 2013
    Arguably the best in the series, but also very much a retread of F1 2012. [December 2013, p.95]
  3. Nov 14, 2013
    The F1 Classics mode refreshes the game and I would gladly welcome it as a separate full-scale title. Otherwise F1 2013 doesn’t get crazy with innovation, but maintains high level of the series. [12/2013, p.68]