5.4

1. May 23, 2011
    I was really anticipating this game's launch. I had heard the hype that it wouldn't feel like a console port. However, after playing for about 20 hours, it feels exactly like a console port. I still can't get over how poorly the UI is designed. Very simple tasks are made ridicously painful, things such as switching clothing requires walking into a seperate room. I guess I didn't realize how underappreciated simple PC controls were in other RPGs, but you would think mundane tasks would be made more fluid. Combat - I think this is where the game fails most.. combat is an utter joke. You can simply spam most attacks without any thought as to strategy. Even on the challenging difficulty, it was a cake walk. I really don't want extremely painful gameplay, but I would like a little bit of challenge to keep it interesting. The story line is ok.. it has its moments to where it becomes good, but then it sorta drops off flat again. Maybe the developers were to ambitious and just couldn't bring it all together.. I don't know, but the entire time, I felt like it was missing alot and the tasks were very repetitive. Some were a bit humours, but the novelty of kicking chickens wears off pretty quick. Overall, if you enjoy console rpgs, then you will most likely enjoy this game. If you are more of a pc gamer whom is used to traditional style rpgs, you will probably get bored quickly and find the game a bit shallow. Expand
  2. May 22, 2011
    Good: - it finally came out on the PC - an RPG that has a sense of humor ~~Bad: - graphics are bad; it's not completely bad but at least the graphics should have been enhanced for the PC platform. - economy system is trash; players can earn millions of gold but there isn't really anything that is worth buying. - a story that is empty and bland; save the country and that's it.

~~Conclusion:
    it is not worth the full price.
  3. Jun 6, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Huge fan of the first Fable game, not-so-huge fan of the 2nd game. But I had to give Fable III a try. After about 15 hours of gameplay, I had some pc issues and had to reinstall my os. I tried my best to backup the savegames but the result was "corrupted savegame." This got me furious, I had to start all over again. So I did, and I played trough it. I did just about everything. Collected 50 gnomes. 50 Silver keys. /Spoiler sort of: I even managed to make all the good decisions AND save the entire people. Yet, the feeling I was left with in the end was disappointment and regret. Too many aspects of disappointment in a game I regret I ever played! The Fable series have pretty much been heading downhill since the 1st game, and this is no exception. I am not sure the game could be made any more noob-friendly, and that is NOT a good thing. Anti-aliasing setting is melted together with other effects, such as bloom. The inventory system is just weird: The sanctuary can hold all the weapons in the entire world, but it can't hold a pie and a celery at the same time. I can purchase warrior armor for as little as 12k and it offers no more protection than running around naked. It is impossible to get killed. The story and the characters are boring. Final boss and ending was disappointing. The graphics are cartoonish, and should've been better. Combat is no improvement. "Summon creatures" and "slow" time are potions.... Just to make the spellweaving system possible (which is hyped up bs.) Too many kill, retrieve or escort quests. Lip sync, no such thing. I never got the feeling this was connected to any of the earlier Fable games. I wanted to know what happened to the spire, and what Theresa did with it. And why did my character go trough a long and scary cave to get the first guild seal, when I can get one just by touching random people. I am not sure if it is an object or experience. Somehow the game kept me bewitched until I completed it. I can't deny the fact that it was entertaining. The humor is familiar. Some references to the previous games. (Chesty's games) But I think pretty much every negative thing that has been said or written about this game is true. Expand
  4. Jun 10, 2011
    I thought it was going to be a great game. It seemed very childish to me. It seems geared toward a younger crowd. I feel it's a total waste of money. The trailer with the chicken is the greatest thing about the game. Very disappointed.....
  5. May 25, 2011
    Possibly the worst game in history of games. I want to pay lion-head studios 50 to keep this crap of the internet. First off none stop cut scenes and voice overs none stop i mean cut scene cut scene cut scene , saving , saving , saving , loading ,loading , talk, talk , talk, than you get to play 2 minutes of killing crappy npcs that on challenging are super easy to kill b4 it goes into more cut scenes and voice overs. The camera is angles and twitching is going to make u vomit. On top of that the game crashed my computer upon exiting it for the night and the next day when i get on all my saved files are now corrupt and none playable. Do a Google search everyone is having issues with corrupt game saves. Expand
  6. May 28, 2011
    Well, what can i say about this game, prepare because I have a lot to say.
    They claim it is not a console port. Let me tell you, this game feels more like a console port than any other game I have played thus far.
    The story is bland, slow, boring and stupid. They never fully finish or explain anything at the end.
    Do not make a new character after you finish the game because it will
    completely delete your original character.
    It is optimized extremely poorly. (What did i expect its a port)
    All the RPG elements that were in the first game are completely gone, you can only use one spell at a time (2 if you upgrade) It auto aims all your attacks for you so combat is just a silly non-nonsensical spamming of LMB until all your enemies are dead.
    The game is extremely easy I never ever used a single potion throughout the game and I was a melee character which is supposedly harder than anything else.
    The game just feels like it was made on a Friday if you know what I mean.
    The game punishes you for being "Good"
    Game is over-simplified to the point that it is almost insulting:
    Armor has no stats Weapons just say "Damage 100"
    There is no health bar There is no will power bar
    There is no "leveling up" like there was in the first now you just collect these guild seal things and spend them on some road to rule crap opening chests
    There are no "cool" spells and abilities that you could get like in the first for example the sneak steal and all the guild abilities are gone they are now wrapped up into one thief package that allows you to walk up to cash registers and steal thats it no sneaking into houses at night and taking stuff out of people's drawers and stuff anymore no killing people in there sleep and then running away from town nope thats gone!
    There are no stats like guile strength and will like there was in the first.
    Weapon customization is gone no longer can you put gems and stuff into the weapons now its just kill 100 of X monsters and you gain 10% damage at night
    Remember demon doors? Well now there are only 5 and they seem to have gotten tired of making up riddles so now they straight up tell you marry someone in front of me, be good, hit me in the face etc.
    Interacting with people is really really really sloppily designed, if you want to be friends with someone you have to dance with them to get them to like you for five minutes
    The game just feels awkward when talking to people because out of nowhere someone will just burst out DO YOU WANT A PIE????? or whatever they say
    The volume in this game is adjusted very strangely, the voices seem to quieter than the music which is louder than the action (even with adjusting the sound in the options its still just weird)

Overall: If you played the first one and thought it was great, you might not want to play this one or wait for the price to come down because it was nothing like the first one.
  7. Jul 13, 2011
    This game is the epitome of bad. It has the groundwork to be an okay game, with a large dynamic world which you can grow and interact with, but...

The story is childish. The characters are forgettable. The combat system is trash. The objectives are tired. The interaction with the world is fairly limited and much too varied in tone. There's no sense of urgency, no empathy, no coherent
    theme. It's a game that is without challenge and grows stale quickly, with no redeeming features. Expand
  8. Jun 2, 2011
    This game is overhyped garbage that was rushed to release and the game suffers from crippling bugs because of it. The game looks bad, the sound is forgettable, the combat is way to easy, the story is blah. *sigh*
    There is no real map...at all. You must rely on buggy golden pathways to get about. I've said enough, save yourself some money and don't buy this game. Play the Witcher 2 or
    Dragon age 2 instead. =) Expand
  9. Jun 6, 2011
    This game is horribly easy, even on challenge mode.... it has not lived up to the hype at all, has pretty terrible combat of mash keyboard to win and requires no tactical thinking. A game for children that does not stand up to the standards of modern games, the only redeeming quality is that it is kinda fun to watch your money pile build (which is again a little too easy to be enjoyable to earn)
  10. Aug 16, 2011
    This is the LEAST-FUN game I have ever played. I just registered to post my opinion. Fable III gets a 2 instead of a 0 because the world graphics are impressive. This game is so tedious, you could train a monkey with a Drinking Bird toy to beat it (the monkey could beat the game without the Drinking Bird toy, but the monkey would die of boredom if it had to beat the game without a little help). How to make someone like you: go up to them and press A
    How to make a friend: press A, press A, press A, press and hold A, press A watch animation
    How to make a lover: press A, press and hold A, press A, press A, press and hold A, press and hold A, press and hold A, press A, press A, press and hold A

Just follow the gold trail in front of your character and press and hold A. When in combat, use magic to destroy your enemies. IT IS SO EASY AND TEDIOUS. Why do you have to press and hold A for 2 seconds to do things??? Why do i have to go through 20 load screen and teleport to my "sanctuary" to change my weapon. Why don't different weapons do anything different? Why did I just spend 15 minutes, literally 15 minutes, flapping my arms like a chicken, dancing with a man, running all over town, buying things, delivering messages in this side-quest? Why? Because that's what this game is about - spend time doing something pointless to earn "guild seals" so you can go to the "Road to Rule." You need to earn guild seals to upgrade your weapons and learn new pointless expressions. Nothing you do matters - your appearance might change slightly, which is cool I guess, but did I mention that the game is boring? Monotonous? Talk about Grinding.... You have to be a small child or a moron to enjoy this game. The main story quest is LINEAR. Nothing you do changes or affects the story line. It doesn't matter if you're good or evil. You want to deviate from the gold-line in the ground that tells you what to do? Maybe do a mind-numbingly boring side-quest! The environment is pretty as I've already said, but you can't enjoy it because it's impossible to get anywhere (no on screen minimap) and even though it looks really open, gameplay feels more like a dungeon-quest type game, except there are flowers and fences and buildings painted on the walls. I hate this game. I wanted to be able to do something meaningful with my gold, have items that do something significant in the game, have characters that I care about, have my decisions mean something. I WANTED TO HAVE TO THINK. Not just press the interact button, then press the open door button, then press the interact button. The screen tells you what button to press. When you press it, you have to watch a super-boring animation and then you are rewarded with being able to progress to the next stupid thing.

I'm repeating myself - you get the point (if you've made it this far). The point is, the game Fable III is just like this review... it keeps repeating itself. Its like watching animated grass grow, except not as difficult or fun as the grass-growing game would be. Like, in the grass growing game, maybe if you chose the wrong fertilizer, the grass wouldn't grow as fast or if you didn't defend it with spray, the bugs would get it. In Fable your decisions have no bearing on the gameplay, just your appearance... nothing meaningful for the story. At least, they could have made the combat fun.
  11. May 29, 2011
    Picked up this game after being a fan of the Lost Chapters (Fable 1). I had hopes that the developers were sincere in saying this wasn't a console port. I was wrong to put my faith in that. And now I've spent $50 on this game and I wish I could give it back. The graphics are bad. Not kill the game bad, but the ghosting/rendering is almost there. There are a ton of graphical bugs that carried over from consoles; why weren't these fixed? The story is a bit bland and way too short considering the second half is....what it is. The interface is terrible; we're in clear console-port territory again here. Saving for example requires you to hit Esc and go to your sanctuary. Then go and click your game management menu. Then run through the Game management "room" to a save icon. Then save it. Yeesh.
    Overall a huge disappointment for me. And definitely not worth $50. Wait til this pile of garbage goes on sale for like 9.99 before even thinking about it.
  12. Jun 3, 2011
    Fable I was a really promising game, I skipped fable 2 because well it was on xbox, I bought fable 3 as soon as it shown up on steam and... wel...
    Good ideas that were in fable 1 are no longer there (like seeing your moral orientation affect your character skin), the story is just completely boring (it is not the story itself which is not that bad it is just the way you feel when playing
    it).
    The game is utterly repetitive, in short if you liked fable 1 run away from this one !!
  13. Jun 3, 2011
    I was really anticipating this game. But then, when it finally comes out to PC.. Well, in short words its just fail for me. I was, and i am now, fan of F:LC but this is nothing. For 1, its to easy, hell.. Hero cant even die, half of cool-looking RPG elemets just got dumped, and then there's a story, its just NOTHING, really. And well.. I guess i just dont like such "Kiddo-tales" any more.
  14. Jul 18, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This... is a terrible game. The story is bland, the combat is the worst I have ever witnessed, in any game, across any platform. I am one of the worst gamers ever,and would have completed it on the hardest difficulty, WITHOUT DYING, if the save system hadn't DELETED MY CHARACTER when I tried to start the game again.The morality system is far too infantile to be of any use. There is either good or bad in 90% of places, and in the very few (I noticed about 3) occasions in which you are given a neutral choice, it DOESN'T EVEN MAKE SENSE! for example, at one point you are given the option to set taxes. You can either lower them (good), keep them the same as your brother (neutral) or raise them (bad). Now, the whole point of the game was to overthrow your brother because the taxes were too high, i.e. he was EVIL! Keeping them the same is therefore still morally wrong. If I save you from a murderer then kill you myself, am I commiting a crime? Of course! On the subject of the morality system, it is almost impossible to complete the game as a good character if you don't know exactly what's going to happen. You see, if you are playing a good character, you will have about -500,000 money (gold?). So, throughout the game, you have to buy up properties in order to have any money in the treasury at all. There is ONE "good" choice that will add money to the treasury.

All this would perhaps be permissible if the storyline and interface was good. Guess what? They aren't! The storyline is this: Your brother is evil. Kill him. Now choose to be evil or good. Oh, by the way, theres this evil thing that was the reason your brother was being evil. You have to kill it. Interface: Direct console port. You have to go to different rooms in order to change clothes. There is a suit of armor that offers absoloutely NO protection whatsoever. The voice actors are good, admittedly. This is perhaps the game's only good point. However, Lionshead even went and ruined that by writing the worst script I have ever seen in a game. It is trying FAR too hard to be funny. It is also failing. The graphics aren't even anything special. Lionshead's idea of an open world is about 5 linear paths per zone, with unavoidable encounters every meter. This game is inferior to TES IV in every conceivable way except voice acting - graphics, length, storyline, price. Worth approximately half of something I stepped in yesterday.
  15. May 31, 2011
    A depressingly bad game. Humor is pressed and the good/evil choices are simplistic in design while the game remains shorter than ever. The game is incredibly easy with absolutely no challenge for anyone over the age of 5.
  16. Jun 6, 2011
    So many issues, where to start. The game is too easy. You cant die, you only lose some kind of progress toward your objective. The interactions with the ai inhabitants are limited, I.E very superficial and based on economics like having to all ways give something to make people happy. Its too easy to get gold in this game so it doesn't feel like you are accomplishing anything accept bordem. all the items in the game is like a girl you dont know giving you candy all the time, you dont have to work for it, and that for the most part is really insulting. It still feels like a console port even though they said it was changed for the pc. The list goes on and on and on not a very well designed game IMHO and a waste of money. Expand
  17. MTR
    Jun 16, 2011
    Pantallazo azul al salir a windows, perder las partidas grabadas, .... Totalmente imposible jugar :S No puede ser tan complicado es hacer un port de 360 a PC !!!
  18. Feb 14, 2012
    Fable III takes what made the original two games 'slightly interesting' and throws it all into a mainstream box. It throws in fart jokes, streamlines the already streamlined systems, and removes any vague remnants of depth that the series might have aspired towards. The game assumes that the general public are all braindead xbox-headset wearing 12 year olds. No. I take that back. Even they are a smarter, deeper audience than this game demands. Horrible, rancid game. Apparently the next game is going to be a connect on-rails shooter. Somehow that does not surprise me. Expand
  19. Aug 14, 2011
    I really did not enjoy this game. It was short and really didn't stay with the Fable theme, sad, I was looking foward to this game but there was nothing i liked about this game. The game play was just like Fable 2 so i wasn't really impressed. The ending was horrible. nothing good about this game.
  20. Aug 14, 2011
    The worst game I've ever purchased. Not worth the $55 I paid. There is no 'free will' in this game it's all mechanical and generic script following. There is no real impressive skill-cap required to play this game. If you can listen and follow the glitter you win. The game play is monotonous and repetitive. This game is the epitome of rpg hell. I have had more fun with Duck Hunt or a good book.
  21. Jul 16, 2012
    After Fable The Lost Chapters was ported to PC and vastly improved on the bog standard Fable; and after the second game vastly improved on Fable TLC there was a lot of expectation for this game to deliver. And a lot of Peter Molyneux's usual standard of over hyping everything to make it seem like it absolutely would and beyond.
    And the game starts of somewhat promising, at least storyline
    wise.

It quickly becomes apparent that this game has failed in nearly every way.

Gameplay? The ONLY improvement was the ability to combine magic spells. That's it. Everything else was worse than Fable 2.
    UI? Has been made almost completely inaccessible to you.
    And the levelling system is just outright bonkers.
    And the worst crime? Probably the fact that you have no health bar. So when you are close to death and need to use a potion you have no idea, the game itself warns you about a split second before you die that "hey your going to die!"

But I persevered because the storyline seemed promising, and kind of interesting. I can forgive a lot if its got good story.
    But then you reach the part of the game that SHOULD have been the end game, within about 12 hours if you work hard at stretching it out; and then the storyline collapses completely into nonsense and irrelevance.

And thus combined becomes unplayable and the lamest game ever.

I seriously feel like I am being generous giving it a 3 out of 10 here, because honestly if you asked me to name anything I liked about Fable 3?
    The only thing I could tell you is the new combination magic. For me the game was worse than Fable 2 in every single way. And it getting a PC port, and not Fable 2, is mind boggling. Seriously.
  22. Jul 16, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I love Fable. In fact - Im somewhat of a fangirl. With that - before I could play, I had to make some sort of Microsoft account. I had a ton of issues so I had to call support. After 2 hours on hold, someone helps me and I got the account thing set up.

I start playing and it say's I have a illegal copy. I call support back with a shorter hold time (30 mins). Im kinda upset - he asked where I got it from, and trouble shoots me. After doing some technical stuff (I have no clue what he made me do) but it worked! Im happy now. I get to playing and after beating it. (It didnt take too long, maybe 2 - 3 days off and on), I was disappointed. It didn't feel like an RPG really. And please - do not get me started on the "collect 10 million gold" part....

Anyways - the game was ok, but I want more! It's missing something, but I dont know what.
  23. Mar 25, 2012
    I really enjoyed the first Fable game, and was anticipating this one quite a bit. Having never played Fable 2 because I don't own an xbox I was happy to hear this was to be released on PC aswell as xbox 360.
    However I was massively disappointed with this game. It is a console port, and it is a very very bad one at that. The game took an extra half a year to get to the PCs, I wonder what
    they used all that time for, certainly wasn't spent on the UI, controls or graphics.
    Every time you dig up something or open a treasure chest you have to watch a 10 second cinematic bit, which is cool the first time. But after not very many times it gets very tedious, and I started to avoid chests/dig-spots completely.
    The gameplay is sluggish and slow, every action takes forever to complete, and using the aim controls for guns and magic it is VERY clear this was not made for, or even adjusted for mouse controls.
    There is very little variety in the quests and tasks you get to do, and the game quickly turns into a grindfest
    The story is downright bad, it is uninteresting and riddled with bad cliches. The moral choices is always a choice between being an oblivious do-gooder and a maniacal **** There is no sense of separation of time in the game, it feels like the last event in the game and the starting tutorial plays out on the same day.
    I would rate this at 0, but the voice-acting is actually phenomenal, Stephen Fry, John Cleese and the rest of the characters is really the only thing I enjoyed in this game.
    Boring, Bland and badly designed and ported.
  24. Dec 31, 2011
    All I'm going to say is too little far too late.

I've turned my back on the fable series and will never pay for another one these games, even though fable 1 was one of my favorite games of all time.
  25. May 30, 2011
    I felt tricked- it wasn't what I had hoped or expected- the NPC interactions were rudimentary, the multiplayer wasn't interactive (if another player tried to participate in my world by speaking with NPC's there was a chance the game would lock up.), and much much more. If this is where they intend this franchise to go, I won't be purchasing another game in this series.
  26. Jun 13, 2011
    Repetitive relationship quests that compare to an MMO grind fest. Too many similar looking NPCs. Unbalanced combat system. Feels more like a platformer than an RPG. The humor is nice when you start, but gets old real quick.
  27. Jun 22, 2011
    Terrible interface. If I wanted to play like that, I'd be using a console not a PC.

Devs should really get their heads out of their asses. PC gamers are not the same as Console gamers.
    All the hype couldn't save a half a55ed interface and arcade like fighting.
  28. Nov 27, 2011
    this was a big lie ! all they said about this game is a lie!!!!
    they said 10 times better weapons from the oblivion where is that?
    all i saw was u take one weapon and to improve it u will make it look like **** !
    the story was a little bit of stupid ! u will never fight see a big and dangerous fight u may use pottion one time or 2 ... the co op was better than fable 2 but there is nothing
    good for ur friend everyone will ignore him/her and u will be forced to send coppies of the game if u want to improve ur weapon !
    u will see how it sucks when u want to be friends with someone and to do that u need to dance with him like a gay dance or hold hands ... the is nothing like an rpg u dont level up u just open chest to improve ur 3 skill (yeah guns sworld or magic nothing more) and there is no treasures like all the rpg games if u want fable best to play Fable: The Lost Chapters if u have played Fable: The Lost Chapters then PLAY IT AGAIN coz there is nothing good on the 3rd one ...
  29. Oct 18, 2011
    If your familiar with Lionhead and black and white, then you will recognize Fable 3. The problem with that is they screwed up the fable franchise. They took time management and money management they like to use in black and white and added it into fable 3. While the game is fun you can probably beat it in 8 hours. It feels very shallow and rushed together. I would value this game at a 5 dollar buy. Expand
  30. Nov 22, 2011
    Definitely a step in the wrong direction, but are we really surprised? Lionhead has yet to deliver a good RPG. Fable III has to be one of the most disapointing games on the PC and Xbox 360.
  31. Dec 14, 2011
    Very disappointing and just plain bad. The only two good things I can say about this game is that is has gorgeous graphics, and it has a few funny moments. Everything else is rubbish. You don't care about any of the characters whatsoever, the story is boring and cliche, combat is dull and repetitive, the gameplay is often atrocious and the decisions you make throughout the game are overly simplistic and have little impact.

Bad, short and overpriced.
  32. Aug 1, 2012
    If they had copy pasted Fable I and given it a bigger world and a graphical update it would have been better than this. The combat is horrible and uninteresting, the interface took a massive dump, why? No idea. I like it when people try new things I really do but it's entirely different to take a dump on the paradigm and offer nothing. The length of the game I usually try not to gripe about but this was extremely short and unsatisfying. For the price of this game you could go out to dinner and have more fun. This isn't a death by hype game, on its own, it is **** Expand
  33. Oct 22, 2011
    If this were the first game of the saga, sure it's good but as a player of all three fables there's just not enough evolution here. The gameplay is simplistic in every way interaction with npc's is still playing paty-cake with them. The game looks great in the same way that it's pre-desecors have I.e exactly the same as fable 1. Sound design is average at best.

Am I being un-reasonable
    expecting more from the franchise by it's 3rd outing? save your money and get a real rpg, any of the fallouts or any of bethesda's games, dragon age these franchise's work hard to earn your loyalty whereas fable seems to delight in provideing the bare minimum and then charging you for more lack luster content through dlc. Expand
  34. Jun 14, 2011
    I wanted to like this game, I really did. Iâ
  35. Jun 15, 2011
    VERY disappointed in this game... really anticipated it seeing that i played a counted 400 hours of the lost chapters.. Its combat is fun but a bit button mashy and repetitive after a while.. graphics are very nice if you have the system to play it... as for the bad parts of the game, it is VERY short game and lacks depth, *spoiler warning* where you become king you would have kept promises before and you can choose to keep them by trying to make the kingdom better (VERY expensive but people will love you and you get good points) or you can choose to break them (this is the evil side people will hate you BUT you will have A LOT of money), i chose to play the good side of things and it turned out to saved the kingdom from an attack i had to make 6,500000 gold. Now that will add many hours to the game but very BORING hours. *end of spoiler warning*
    Coop is awful... its very hard to get a game where someone doesnt kick you out of theirs and if you do try and join a game you need the exact same dlcs as they do (sucks for me cause i have pre ordered free items) My recomendation: Buy the first fable (Fable: The Lost Chapters) and play that.. it has much more depth is much more enjoyable and an overall better game.
  36. Jan 21, 2012
    The saved game files corrupted 1/2 way through the game. ALL OF THEM. Now I went back to play the game and cant remember the Microsoft login I was FORCED to make to even play. Now the 50$ I spent is down the drain... Even though I payed through steam so I couldn't have pirated it I still need to log in to Microsoft. DO NOT PAY FOR THIS.
  37. May 5, 2012
    One of the biggest mistakes I have made was playing this game. As a huge fan of Fable: The Lost Chapters, this was a triumphant letdown. I could hardly call this an RPG; character customization is shallow and uninteresting. You do not age and your alignment doesn't affect your appearance like it did in Fable. There are also substantially less cosmetics such as tattoos and hairstyles. Moral choices are ridiculously black and white, quests are dull and uninspired, the story is god awful and characters are bland and 2-dimensional. Leveling up consists of choosing to either increase melee, ranged, or magic damage. There are no stat points, and no life or magic meters. Your health is represented through a glow on the screen, and regenerates on normal difficulty. There is not longer a combat multiplier. The combat itself is not bad aside from the slow-motion killing moves that take forever and are mind-numbingly aggravating to watch again and again. The camera and controls in general are **** crippled on PC. The camera is feels like it's being held by a retard and is very frustrating, they obviously didn't modify it to feel natural on a mouse. About the controls, I can understand having the player hold down a key for things like moral choices which might have serious ramifications if mis-clicked, but it's rather annoying when it forces you to do so when you want something as simple as opening a chest or picking up an item. Also some **** at lionhead decided it would be neat to make the ESC key teleport you to the little guild room instead of, you know, bringing up the options menu. This has been standard for what, several decades of games now? Can't speak much about the graphics, I know it's meant to be cartoon-ish. The music is recycled from the older games. There is limited weapons and armor to buy, as your weapons level with you. Everything in this game seems tailored to casual gamers. You literally do not have to try an ounce in this game. There is very little penalty for "death," when all you do is get knocked out and lose your progress to your next exp point, and you re-spawn right where you were, as if nothing happened. The game constantly holds your hand and wants you to take a pre-tailored path everywhere and is very restrictive. It's also an obvious, terrible port. The game uses only 5 or 6 keys on the keyboard. There is no inventory screen. You have to go to your stupid little dressing room if you want to change your equipment or hair/makeup. It's hard to get engrossed in a world with **** like this. There are only 3 types of potions, and no health+ or mp+ exlixirs to find (like i said there is no health meter, and magic is unlimited). Overall this game is and i stress IS (it's **** fact not just my opinion) dumbed-down, casual, repetitive, short, uninspiring, boring, simple, a waste of money. I could go on all day comparing this to Fable: TLC. I award this game 2 stars for excellent voice acting. Once again the genius of Molyneaux is spoiled by Microsoft studios. Expand
  38. Apr 24, 2013
    Meh... Just like all the other fable games. Boring story (This one is probably the best of the 3 boring stories the fable series has to offer). Button mashing combat with bad spell system. Silly good and evil system that does not compare to any of the other games that have done it, and a totally worthless economy structure. End up with more money than you could possibly ever need with nothing to buy. Fable has always been over hyped, and just plain garbage. Expand
  39. Apr 25, 2013
    The most embarrassing game of the year. This game is complete tripe. It's like nobody actually played the game. They made everything un-fun. It's literally a hack+slash game with a bad story and bad side-stuff. This is literally Diablo 3 on easy mode except the environments and map design are worse than a stupid pony level. I rated it a zero because the PC version had horrible framerates and the graphics didn't mean jack as absolutely nothing was interesting to look at. No matter how cheap this game would be, it would still be a waste of money. Buy a box of fireworks with friends, have a party or buy another game. Expand
  40. Oct 30, 2012
    Disapointing on every level - and I've still purchased it. Horrible interface (sanctuary...), constantly wasting time on absolutely common things, even more limited than Fable 2, boring combat, not many changes when it comes to enemies, weak story with abysmal ending, no epic moments like in Fable 1, music is uninspired and nothing like in Fable 1, and yeah, the art style is nice. That's the only positive thing you can say about this game. I'm not going to do the same mistake again when Fable 4: The bad, the boring and the ugly comes out. Expand
  41. Sep 3, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Fable 3 is nowhere near the potential from it's predecessor, Fable 2, and even more so for Fable 1. Everything that you would come to expect from an open world RPG can't be found on Fable 3, from a user-friendly map system, to a more broadening and interactive set piece for the world of Albion. I don't tend to like RPG's who use the corridor system, or as I like to call it, a "Spiderweb" RPG world, and it's especial with Fable 3. the bread crumb trail still iffs me at times, as i constantly ignore how it sends me to dead ends or just doesn't appear at all, whilst I desperately try to ignore the cursed thing and get a glimpse of the world that is ignored by this stupid trail brought all the way back from Fable 1. Customization is extremely poor and cash cowed in for an RPG, with 90% of content that would actually be useful for creating your avatar on a DLC, which also ruins the co-op play as you HAVE TO HAVE every single dlc that the person your playing with has, especially considering that the story wasn't webbed into a meaningful co-op setting. but perhaps the worst thing that Fable 3 destroyed about it's franchise is the whole good/evil alignment. Your outward appearance as being good or evil has been hyped down from previous titles, and the story itself betrays the whole meaning behind good or evil with how you end the game. You can be the good guy as long as you sacrifice all the money you spent protecting everyone from the darkness, thus potentially killing everyone in the end, while, if you're the bad guy, sure, everyone will hate you, but you'll have enough funds to potentially save everyone. and who isn't to say you could be bad from the start, and once the darkness is defeated (and note, the darkness is defeated in the most rushed in **** way possible) you could be good again? And the whole being a king business isn't really worth it in the end, you don't to go to parades, you don't feel appreciated by anyone whether being good or bad, and the only way you can beat the game is if you had played the game in a very specific manner, thus destroying the whole concept of a meaningful RPG element. RPG is supposed to be about doing what you can with what you have, not doing exactly this and exactly that to get exactly what you want. and one final note to the always over-enthusiastic Peter Molyneux: Do be optimistic, but please be honest with us. We don't want to spend a 5 days running a city to their dooms when we were told we'd be given a WHOLE YEAR to do so. and stop making this game a "less for more" concept. We've had enough of it as it is. Expand
  42. Jan 11, 2013
    I am super impressed with this game! Its nothing less than amazing! How they took this unique world, beautiful universe and KILLED IT! THEY F*CKING RUINED IT. Dont buy this ever. Ever! How People can like this is beyond me. Any critic reccomending this is either extremely high, hates money pr is getting paid by developers. This game derserves a 0 score anytime
  43. May 30, 2013
    Bought the game from steam couldnt even get to play it since microsofts account thing would just die on me all time made account but it wouldnt regonize it GG 0/10
  44. Nov 11, 2013
    The Fable saga has been ruined since the release of Fable 2. Some people say that Fable 2 was ok, but imo it is horrible. I couldn't play it more than once. Fable 3 is goddamn awful. Just watch a gameplay video and you will see what I mean. Even worse for PC gamers since this is a horrible port.

What happened to you Lionhead? You made the amazing Fable: Lost Chapters and then you up an
    entire saga. Expand
  45. Nov 30, 2013
    How to get your money back? You can't, but you can get your money's worth. Simply grab some lighter fluid and matches and set it on fire. Don't give to a friend. Don't return to the store (you'll only get ~50 cents for it). If you love your family and friends, don't waste any of their time with such a bug ridden game, overly simplistic weapon system (sword vs axe, pistol vs rifle). I bought the game 2 years after its release, and it crashed during a chicken race, 1 hour into the game. Whats even worse? You can't go to a previous save because it saves automatically, with no option to save in other slots. Hands down, the worst game I ever played and wasn't even worth the $8 I payed for it on Black Friday last year. This grossly over hyped, half-baked game is now dead to me. Expand
  46. Feb 24, 2013
    I loved the game's concept of developing your character as a monarch. But the combat system is not funny at all and is what prevents me to play this game twice just to see the other alternative ending.
  47. May 1, 2013
    Overall a very lackluster game- I loved fable, liked fable 2 (loved aside from the ending really), and hated fable 3.

There were very few gear/weapon choices, the magic was changed dramatically (in a bad way), the gameplay was insanely easy and monotonous, and the story was not very interesting.

Not worth playing.
  48. Sep 15, 2013
    I was really excited about this game, but when it was released it got boring INCREDIBLY fast. The gamers were promised to feel powerfull while playing the game. All I felt was that the enemies were too weak. There's no real penalties for dying. The story sucks. This game must be the worst in the trilogy.
  49. Jun 6, 2013
    Fable Lost Chapters was far better than this. Sure it has nice story and pretty fairy tale graphic, but its linear as hell and most of things that I liked in first Fable are torn out and replaced with console optimized BS: no inventory, no variety of weapons and spells (just light weapon, heavy weapon, gun and magic glove) no interacting with people like it was in LC, no rare items, only few side quests, terrible UI for consoles on PC port. Expand
  50. Jul 10, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. ok this is gonna sound like a massive contradiction...

If you like the fable series youa re going to like this 3 rd game, buuuuut if you like the fable series you are gonna hate this 3rd game.

Now let me explain.
    The good
    Story is fable-ish: Check
    Fable style humor:" Check
    Fable style animations that don't get dull even if the process of activating them is: Check
    combat is same action based combat as fable 2: Check

The bad
    the game is long that's a no this is by far the briefest entry in the fable series (will explain later)
    does it include the massive options that past fable games did sort of but not quite
    do you get that fuzzy caring feeling about the npcs NO
    character options? some but it falls short waaaayy short

Long version:

The game has a nice story and it spices it up with the typical humor found in lionhead games like the preivous fable games and the black and white series. the combat is exactly like fable 2's which is a good thing. However it suffers from various glaring issues. first off the main story is extremely short. I mean "wow-did-I-just-finish-this-game?" kind of short. Fable 2 took me a month of about 4-6 hours a day game play to beat the main quest on. Fable 3, I finished its main quest in 4 days and that's counting a restart so I could go back and make more gold for being a good king. that brings me to point B. The game is brutally punishing to players that don't enterprise with real estate early in the game and decide they want to be good. if you don't have a lot of money going into being a king then you will have to be a total evil douche bag ruler to save as many civilans as possible. hence why I restarted my game and then played "monopoly" with the in game real estate a few days before going back to being king in my second play through.

Now my third point of tension the time allotted to being king once you become king (or queen) the game blows by like a mild breeze on a hot summer day. they give you "365" days till the darkness invades the land yet if you make the mistake of "rushing through your kingly duties in a timely manner as your npc helper suggest you do, you find yourself in the final battle long before the actual days countdown has completed. I literally finished the second half of this game in a matter of 2 hours.

now on to other less "revealing" complaints

Clothing weapons and other cool gear ...

there a bit here but after playing fable 2 the amount of options in fable 3 seem like a bad joke. Seriously lionhead??? it uses same engine as fable 2 why not just toss in the fable 2 cloths and weapons that alone would have made this ten times better.

emotions /animations

the emoting is HORRIBLY HORRIBLY Crippled compared to fable 2. in fable 2 you could easily select any emote you have unlocked on command you didn't even need to be talking to any one in particular not with fable 3 in fable 3 you have to press a (or enter) to "interact" with a very specific npc and you are given a shoddy auto selection for emotes for good bad and neutral reactions. these also seem to randomly change as you perform each one its just ridiculous that they went form fable 2's really nice emote system to this crippled slop.

Now I own the console version of this game. but I doubt they fixed much on pc and the only reason I could see getting this on pc for is better performance if you have a high dollar machine. as it stands this game even slows down and pulls stutters on the xbox 360 despite the fact that the engine was tuned for the console and fable 2 ran fine on 360. I got my copy free as part of MS's games for gold promotion. but I stil don't see a reason to get this on pc if you already have it on xbox and don't get me wrong I avhe bought quite a few games on both pc and xbox versions when their pc counter part offers some worth while benefits. this game doesn't from what I've seen. Lion Head should have just released fable 2 for PC and saved themselves the bad reputation they got for putting this game out.

I give it a 4 for story and the fact I did make it through the game wanting more at the end. but the problem is the "wants" just out weigh the "gots" with this game so 4 is all its getting from me
  51. Jul 8, 2013
    I'll start this off with mentioning the fact i played both 1 and 2. Fable one i loved so much I no lifed it and beat it in less than 24 hours. 2 was even better since there was a larger selection. Moral choices, earning money and weapons are what made this game and they screwed both aspects up. Weapons: -They reduced the selection of weapons -All weapons were fairly balanced with minimal differences between them so no point in changing.

-All weapons upgrade with you through game so even less reason to change them. you can stay with your first weapon for entire game.

Earning money

-more jobs which is nice and improved house system

-point in earning money and becoming a mogul is removed since THERE IS NO POINT IN CHANGING WEAPONS. why earn money to buy badass weapons when there is no badass weapons to buy anymore

Morality
    -End of game is essentially not about whether you were good or evil throughout game but what you want to do in the end. If you are broke you are forced to go with evil options... if your rich you can buy your way into sainthood and choose good options

Basically in the process of making the game easy and streamlined for new players they killed the game for anyone willing to put time into it.
  52. Jul 19, 2013
    You cant die..... 0 challenge, Awful generic story, poor gameplay mechanics and to top it off a simpled down EVERYTHING from inventory to character interaction.
  53. Jul 19, 2013
    JOKE

"Nota:
    To activate the downloadable content after your purchase, launch Fable III and copy the Product Code from the Steam overlay into your clipboard. Once the game launches and the Gamertag sign-in process completes, press the Home key to bring up the Games for Windows Live overlay. Click Gamertag, select Redeem Code, and paste in the Product Code to initiate the download
    process."

This is a joke, the game is cool, but I stopped buying because I am forced to do something they do not agree and did not get the game for free!! I'm paying for it! Microsoft!!
  54. Aug 5, 2013
    The issues with Fable 3 are very simple to know even for a New comer to Fable Franchise. Me being an old player of Fable 1 find it difficult to digest the Fable 3 ! Pros: -Good Voice Acting. -Visuals were Better (than Fable 1 ofcourse). -The world looked bigger and enormous. Cons. -Lengthy Quests to do a very SIMPLE task. -The morality of one's choices don't affect game that much as it did in previous games.
    -Mana system for spells was removed, which made the combat less fun and more repetitive.
    -The mouse was not well worked out in the PC port because it was slow and laggy to aim with Guns sometimes.
    -The health bar of enemies did not show, making it really annoying to guess when a certain enemy would die.
    -After a while the combat got boring because of spamming of spells.
  55. Sep 15, 2013
    Hands down one of the Worst Games out there, I Loved the first Fable and the 2nd but this...but the 3rd installment, to me they have just made everything easier for the player but as a result have destroyed the Game Mechanics, here are just some of the problems, also I played and finished this on the 360:

1/ Combat is broken, there is actually no need for the player to use Melee combat
    since the animation is way too slow and clunky.

2/ Another is the absence of the expressions, I mean where is, 'Follow' and 'Wait'?!? Its much more useful then the 'Hand-Holding system', and Holding a Male NPC just feels kinda wrong, even for a King Of Albion...

3/ Customization, Cosmetics, Costumes, Dyes and so forth are limited throughout the game, less freedom really made me sad in this game.

4/ The in game Menu System, when I Hear about this, I thought it was a really cool idea and the map was really neat looking, but upon using the interface, its really time consuming, what I mean by that is, walking over, to items and checking and equipping it, takes too long even if there are 'Hot-Keys'...

5/ Cutting out the Little things...what I mean, is the Bar games, the fact that buying things are limited and selling things are a pain, not to mention transferring items and gifts to other player

There are heaps more reasons that this game falls short for a 3rd installment of the Fable series.
    The Visual are nice and I won't mention the Bugs and Glitches since they are present in all games.
  56. Nov 11, 2013
    I can say this goes on the list of the worst games ever made. Repetitive, so easy Crappy pause menu I don't see how you can like this. talking to someone in the game is just stupid, horrible a.i., Back track. I don't recommend it, save your money.
  57. Nov 13, 2013
    Where's all my save file???? This xxxxx has a fatal bug and makes you crazy.
    Don't buy this! Even 75% discount on steam.
    I'm level5 steam user and steam throws this poop. Thank you!
  58. Jan 9, 2014
    Fable III, very very buggy game, okay plot, terrible graphics for a teenies (2010-present) game! It looks like it was made in 2005! The first two were fabolous. I would rate it 5.3/10 or 57%
  59. Jan 17, 2014
    This is the WORST game I have ever paid for (including WarZ!). If you haven't been paid to play it, don't.
    I would list the atrocities that Lionhead committed in making this game, but 5000 characters isn't enough to even start the list.
    I have never felt so cheated out of my money. If you are thinking of buying this game, consider jumping off a tall building instead.
  60. Jul 9, 2014
    just finished fable 3 in all honesty i dident like it it felt extremely dumbed down compared to its predecessor fable the lost chapters
    (haven't played feble 2 so i cant compare it to that) i just felt extremely over casualised and i felt like the game devs were holding my hand the entire time.... -.- also the "living weapons" just felt like a general lazynnes of the devs so they wouldn't
    half to create more weapon models. the art style was kind of weird. in all i don't feel like the game brought anything new to the table as far as design and it honestly just pissed me off that lion head studios made a bad game it felt like they wanted quantity instead of quality and that their target audience was 13 year olds for a M rated game in the end i feel as though their first fable game was far superior to what has came after. Expand

1. Oct 19, 2011
    An excellent interactive fairy tale. Due to interesting moral choices, it has a lot of replay potential. [June 2011]
  2. Jul 12, 2011
    A competent example of a PC port and of an RPG, but its obsessions with consumerism dampens the adventure. [Aug 2011, p.100]
  3. Jul 10, 2011
    A fun, light-hearted romp, but one that pales in light of its predecessors. [Aug 2011, p.68]