Fable III PC

5.4

1. Jun 9, 2011
    Fable 3 is a epic RPG game , it have it own environment, great game-play and unique locations that you can work , steal , sleep and have sex and more!
  2. Jun 12, 2011
    I really don't understand all the negative critics I see here, this game is brilliant and gives you much fun. Yes, it is not an FPS, but that should not be if it is an RPG, is it? Buy it, it gives you hours and hours of fun, and much additional content is already available at very affordable costs, to keep you playing and playing.
  3. May 17, 2011
    Fable 3 is an interesting RPG, it has unique elements much different from others. The combat system looks simply fantastic, the interface is great and the style is unique, it has a interesting storyline, the sense of humor is nice not great though, the atmosphere is nice seems lovely. Being a fan of Fable series i just don't think that Fable can be bad. It might not as good as tes(theFable 3 is an interesting RPG, it has unique elements much different from others. The combat system looks simply fantastic, the interface is great and the style is unique, it has a interesting storyline, the sense of humor is nice not great though, the atmosphere is nice seems lovely. Being a fan of Fable series i just don't think that Fable can be bad. It might not as good as tes(the elder scroll) but overall it a great way to pass some time. In other words is fantastic game. Expand
  4. Jun 13, 2011
    Fun game, i enjoyed playing fable series but the controls are some what lame for PC loin-head should have made more PC friendly controls but that was the only major issue i had with fable 3 other then that i found it be amusing
  5. May 25, 2011
    This is a very good action/adventure RPG. Lets start with the combat, you've got your melee, range and then spell. You can combine these to good effect, it is quite enjoyable but can be a bit repetitive. The leveling system is different from fable 1+2. Although I prefer the old leveling system its still nice. The best thing about this game is the humour. From the quests to the gravestonesThis is a very good action/adventure RPG. Lets start with the combat, you've got your melee, range and then spell. You can combine these to good effect, it is quite enjoyable but can be a bit repetitive. The leveling system is different from fable 1+2. Although I prefer the old leveling system its still nice. The best thing about this game is the humour. From the quests to the gravestones to truly enjoy this game you need to have a sense of humour. Anyone who does not enjoy fable has no sense of humour. Expand
  6. May 19, 2011
    As a huge fan of the first one, I had high hopes for this one as well. Not only did Fable 3 meet my expetations, but it exceeded them as well. I didn't play the second one, so I can't comment on that, but it takes everything from the first one and improves it. It is a worthy successor.
  7. May 17, 2011
    I've never played the first Fable - however fable 3 made me want to. I've never played any fable, however Fable 3 is a great RPG. It's got simple, slick combat(that's too easy)It looks great, the art style is unique, the writing is solid. The humour seems forced at times, but it works. It's got no deal breakers, however you are not in for a challenge.
  8. Jul 8, 2011
    I just finished playing this game and was astounded at what I saw. The graphics were wonderful and the voice acting was far above average. The story was well done and the music was absorbing. This is how RPG's are meant to be made.

I cant believe the user score is so low, did I play a different game than them?

Beautiful game and I highly recommend it.
  9. May 22, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This was fun. Surprisingly fun, actually. Good old Peter has a habit of breaking promises, but the promise of the PC version being a 'real' PC version is actually kept. Graphics aren't great, but that's not exactly what is important anyway. The design and look of the game is gorgeous and quite immersive. The controls work fine, the music is as good as in any Fable game (which is very good, in case you were wondering), voice acting is great (as usual) and the story is... alright, I guess. It's not particularly good, but the moment when you get shipwrecked and first encounter the Crawler is extremely well done. Very memorable gaming moment for me. Some things tend to suck a bit, like the map not teleporting you where you need to go and the golden trail leading you nowhere, but overall, it's a nice experience. Good for a playthrough or two. Expand
  10. Jun 19, 2011
    The game is so poorly optimized to be unplayable. I was hoping some features would be fixed in the PC port, but they made things even worse.

Don't buy unless you exceed the maximum requirements (maybe not even then).
  11. Jun 4, 2011
    Fable III is a really nice RPG game. The story and the graphic is very good. You can do a lot of things in this game and if you not rush, you can play more than 15 hour with this game. The best Fable game ever.
  12. May 21, 2011
    If you have played the Xbox 360 version, you may have noticed bugs, long load times, and framerate skipping. Annoying right? Well the PC version has fixed all of that and has even added upon the fable 3 experience, with all the DLC included right out of the box, a new "hardcore" mode, superior Mouse and Keyboard controls, and the stunning new Nvidia 3D functionality. Pros: -Majority ofIf you have played the Xbox 360 version, you may have noticed bugs, long load times, and framerate skipping. Annoying right? Well the PC version has fixed all of that and has even added upon the fable 3 experience, with all the DLC included right out of the box, a new "hardcore" mode, superior Mouse and Keyboard controls, and the stunning new Nvidia 3D functionality. Pros: -Majority of game bugs fixed with PC release -Hardcore mode actually adds enjoyment to this game for the gamers who found the 360 release to be too easy. -3D mode is very stunning -Support a wide variety of Xbox 360 controllers -New graphical details added exclusively for PC -Achievements (if you care about those, I don't) -Mouse and Keyboard works great Cons: -Still too easy (no real penalty for dying other than loss of guild points) -Some minor GFWL interface issues (don't listen to the other reviews, game works fine and this isn't as big of an issue as they claim) -Can't choose the expressions you want when interacting with other character like in Fable 2 -Crossplatform co-op is not included Final words: Don't listen to the negative reviews, if you have a gaming PC (or even a decent PC for that matter) and a Xbox 360 gaming console, buy this PC version. It's pretty much better in every way unless you have friends that only own the Xbox 360 version and even then this game is still enjoyable by yourself. Expand
  13. May 18, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. In my mind the best Fable out of the three, although it does suffer from a lot of problems. The pre-king gameplay is just too long and so many of the fights are dragged out way too long, even still once you reach the "ruler" part of the game it actually gets boring really quickly plus Lionhead threw in the stupid deadline thing where you have to get a certain amount of money in a certain amount of time or else Albion is destroyed. Every single one of the decisions you make on issues are either "your people will like you, but you'll lose a ton of money" or "your people will hate you, but you'll gain a bunch of money" so it pretty much screws you over.

The amount of fun you have through all this really knocks all the negative stuff out of the park though, it really is a great game.
  14. May 21, 2011
    What an absolutely wonderful game.
    I was on the fence about buying this game based on some of the reviews from the Xbox 360 version. Thankfully Lionhead have rebuilt the game and made the PC version what I believe to be the definitive version of the game.
    What an absolutely wonderful game.

The story is very pleasantly told and engaging. Right from the opening moments you are gripped and want to find out more. This game has kept my interest by feeding new skills, scenarios and features as time progresses.

The sanctuary menu system is a stroke of genius and flawlessly implemented on the PC version of this game. Voice acting is superb and so many celebrities lending their talent to the project makes this a game well worth playing.

This has exceed my expectations and right now I am chosing to play this OVER the witcher2 which i also recently purchased!
  15. Jul 27, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. At times this game manages to be depressingly linear while at the same time impossible to play without the help of the golden trail. However, it is still good fun. The story has an amusing twist in the middle and some of the quests are really good. But I guess the studio expects you to have ADD; the final battle takes like ten minutes. I was still disappointed in the story several times. Spoiler: I (armed to the teeth) stood there pusillanimously impassive while one of my companions gets publicly (publicly!) shot by one (one!!) palace guard. What the hell?! One of my friends, a professional soldier veteran (guess what? armed to the teeth as well) is even standing next to me.
    The economy system allowed me to become millionaire long before I even got halfway through the game, but what is the point? There is nothing you can buy more costly than about 15 k.
    The fighting system was amusing though. While this game is completely dwarfed in every aspect when compared to say, an Elder Scrolls Title, it managed to make a mildly amusing sword-fighting system. Magic and Guns were not done so well though.
    The weakest point however is the end: It leaves you feel alone and disappointed. I've played games where I played dozens, hundreds even, of hours after the story line was finished, but here I had nothing to do after half an hour...
    Overall (with everything done) game time approximately 25 hours.
    I was certainly entertained but there are better games out there for you to buy.
  16. Nov 17, 2011
    Fable 3 is very different from Fable Lost Chapters and I don't think all "improvements" have improved gameplay at all. Most spells, abilities and items have been stripped and all side characters feels distant. Last fight is really letdown since in is so short and easy. Still some sidequests are really funny and game is visually good
  17. Oct 3, 2012
    My favourite of all the Fable titles. Thoroughly enjoyed this one, even if the social aspect was a bit lacking at first. i enjoyed the Albion metamorphosis and I really liked their take on the Bowerstone Industrial Revolution. Excellent sense of humour, fun battles, and of course the freedom to be good or bad and go and do whatever you like. Lighthearted and just all-around enjoyable.
  18. May 20, 2011
    Pleasantly surprised by this after all the negativity. Combat is nothing special but fun, acting is fairly good and the world is charming. Story is a little weak but overall this is a fun experience, where your decisions really feel like that they matter and levelling up is quite addictive.
  19. May 19, 2011
    I decided to give this game an 8, because while it is a good game there are a couple of niggling issues.
    For a start, this game is horribly optimised for PCs. My gaming PC (which has no trouble playing almost every other recent game I've tried) lags for no reason while playing this game, and on my laptop (which can play Dragon Age 2 and MW2 on High) won't even play Fable III.
    Secondly,
    Secondly, it's a bit... boring. At the very beginning. Although it did have it's good moments!
    For example, you have to make a really hard decision in the first half hour of playing which really livens things up and makes you realise just how much of an effect your choices can have in this game. The graphics aren't that great, but the art style works and the gameplay is pretty fun.
    Overall, I recommend this game, but only if you have a powerful PC because it looks crap without the highest setting and you need a stupidly powerful PC to do so.
  20. Jul 20, 2011
    Since it's clear by the score that I really like this game I'm going to put it out there right now what it was that I didn't like. The dog. It. Never. Shuts. Up. I'm saying this as a gamer to other gamers, don't give your dog the Five-Star Dog Potion or otherwise increase its treasure-seeking abilities because you'll spend the rest of the game hearing nothing but barks. Don't get me wrong,Since it's clear by the score that I really like this game I'm going to put it out there right now what it was that I didn't like. The dog. It. Never. Shuts. Up. I'm saying this as a gamer to other gamers, don't give your dog the Five-Star Dog Potion or otherwise increase its treasure-seeking abilities because you'll spend the rest of the game hearing nothing but barks. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate that Lionhead went to great lengths to ensure that this game had a lot of content, but I don't need to dig up treasure two feet from the last one. Trust me, you're not missing anything if you pass up every dig spot in this game. It's always junk or a small amount of gold; that's hardly worth your time and effort.

The only other negative thing I have to say about this game is the ending. Well not so much the ending but the final boss. Wow was that an easy fight. I saved 6,500,000 gold just to fight a monster that lasts ten seconds. Part of me just died.

Having said all that I loved the game. Fable 3 manages to blend the majority of all the good elements from both Fable: TLC and Fable 2. Not only that they eliminated glaring problems, and then went above and beyond and made a damn fine game. This is one of the finest titles to come out in years. For those of you saying that it's too short and too easy, you're playing it wrong. Get into the role, suspend your disbelief, absorb yourself in this fictional world. You'll have a lot more fun than by just trying to get to beat the game.

The graphics are top notch this time around. Even on lower settings this game still manages to look fantastic, and that's thanks in no small part to the design of the game world itself. You'll never find yourself remarking how terribly bland the environment is in Fable 3 I can assure you. Another thing that was changed for the better was making the locations inter-connective to each other like in Fable: TLC. I enjoy being able to look out into the distance and see a location that I can actually travel to far off in the background. It's little things like this that really immerses myself into games.
  21. May 26, 2011
    I liked Fable1. I still play in it from time to time. Fable III - 8 / 10. Decent quality, but nothing surprising. Combat is too easy for me, but it's a little problem. Colorful, welcoming the world, nice graphics. I recommend - really good entertainment. This is a really good action / adventure RPG
  22. May 19, 2011
    Fable 3 - very interesting game , good story and graphics looks very good. Charming world, beautyfull colors and, I like the first Fable, of course :) . Well, I agree maybe it's to easy combat. But so what? it;s nice entertainment. Great RPG.
  23. May 22, 2011
    Fable 3 is very good role-playing game on PC. It has good quests, interested story, nice graphics and fascinating gameplay. But Fable 3 has a very strong competitor on this platform. Recently The Witcher 2 came on PC.
  24. Nov 11, 2011
    If your looking for a lazy game, with little skill involved to relax when tired then this is the one. If you fly through the game in one day, which is possible - then you won't like the ending. However, if you take your time with it and really be adventurous and patient then the ending will be more pleasant. It can get a little repetitive. Nice that it links to GFWL that can make it moreIf your looking for a lazy game, with little skill involved to relax when tired then this is the one. If you fly through the game in one day, which is possible - then you won't like the ending. However, if you take your time with it and really be adventurous and patient then the ending will be more pleasant. It can get a little repetitive. Nice that it links to GFWL that can make it more entertaining. Sadly the concept during this game is confused - some quests are definately geared towards the adult population, but the the gameplay is just really childlike. But 7 for chilling out with. Buy at a reduced price or you may be disappointed. Expand
  25. May 30, 2011
    Oh ... pretty cool game! I prefer Fable III than DA2. Definitely.
    Colorful world, nice graphics, interesting story, easy fight. This is not Fable 1, but still good entertainment.
  26. Dec 4, 2012
    A nice game,from the beginning to the end.And i have to apologize for my cheats(in order to gain a good end i have to use a speed change software to make money more efficently ),i just feel afraid to the bad end and i only watch the bad end scenes on the Internet,somewhat like the sytle of bethesda,but the behavior of adding some sexy contents is to be discussed.
  27. May 26, 2011
    in the realm of console rpgs fable 3 stands near the top, but in the realm of computer rpgs it's trash. combat is repetitive and didn't challenge me even on the higher difficulty settings. Also the story is pretty lacking so there is really no need to get this game on the computer. get it for xbox it's much more enjoyable. let's be serious here, if you want to play an rpg on the computerin the realm of console rpgs fable 3 stands near the top, but in the realm of computer rpgs it's trash. combat is repetitive and didn't challenge me even on the higher difficulty settings. Also the story is pretty lacking so there is really no need to get this game on the computer. get it for xbox it's much more enjoyable. let's be serious here, if you want to play an rpg on the computer go for dragon age origins, the witcher 2 or WOW. this game just isn't worth my time. Expand
  28. May 27, 2013
    I don't know what these negative voters are, but they certainly ain't human!
    This game is AWESOME
    Great graphics, great atmosphere, plays smooth, haven't encountered 1 bug! I never played 1&2 and my guess is many negative voters did cuz that's about the only reason i can see to give it a lesser score. Some nerd even called this the worst game ever loooooool are you kidding me!!!!
    I don't know what these negative voters are, but they certainly ain't human!
    This game is AWESOME

Great graphics, great atmosphere, plays smooth, haven't encountered 1 bug!
    I never played 1&2 and my guess is many negative voters did cuz that's about
    the only reason i can see to give it a lesser score. Some nerd even called this
    the worst game ever loooooool are you kidding me!!!!

Buy it, get it, now! It is awesome!
  29. Nov 10, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I'd say this game is overall pleasant, but it could've been more.
    The story is your standard simple "save the world from a tyrant"-fantasy cliché. It's not interesting, but it will keep you focused. You may choose the gender of your protagonist, which is refreshing; and you'll also meet some moral dilemmas throughout the story simplified into good or evil. These decisions won't affect much more than your alignment early on, as the decisions often may SOUND important, but poses as minor events later that you'll forget about soon enough.

The fighting is simple, you'll choose from three different types of weapons that you may use as you please, although it seemed to me that the ranged variants were a lot more efficient, especially late-game. The fights has a nice pace to them, but are seldom that challenging. The amount of fighting you do feels balanced; though the rewards may feel a bit lackluster. The weapons you'll find, or buy, won't be doing you much if you don't upgrade them. And by upgrade, I mean doing chores such as killing 300 hollowmen for the specific weapon you hold to be better at killing more hollowmen. Other weapons will only activate their special powers through dubious chores including online involvement which feels more as a way for the developers to reward people who've bought the game while punishing those who illegally downloaded it; than actually involve you in any interesting gameplay.

You may also dress your character as you please, in a range of different clothing styles. But they are all just clothing, and won't make much of a difference in combat. This is both a good and a bad thing; as it's nice to customize your character any way you want; but you'll sometimes wish there was any way to upgrade yourself for combat.

The game mixes a relaxed but serious attitude with extreme quirkiness that sometimes come off as witty, and sometimes as just dumb. Sometimes it breaks immersion, such as when you interact with NPC's and it feels over the top. Other times, it may add to the experience, such as a quest where you're stuck inside a tabletop RPG.

As for the main story, I have two problems with it in particular. One thing is that it takes for granted that you do care for some of the characters. The truth is that you don't get to know them well enough until you're supposed to care for them; and you'll ever only see one side of them. They are all very obvious clichés though, so I doubt there would be much to know of them besides the obvious stereotypes.

The other part is that the game takes a new direction story wise during the ending. You think that you're about to win, when you're suddenly facing a new threat that's comes very unexplained and sudden. It's nice in one way, as this changes the gameplay style a bit. But as you progress through this problem, you're supposed to collect money; but a few hastily clicks away and your missing out on the possibility as the game doesn't explain to you that the story will proceed without any going back.

During this time of the story, you will probably start to explore the many different functions of the game. You may buy houses, either to live in or to collect rent from. You may get married and have kids, and you may just focus on exploring the world as you wish. There's loads to do and see, but many functions are mediocre at best. They sound good on paper, but aren't very interesting or advanced once you get into it. The game has it's strength in it's questing rather than in the crammed in extra functions.

But it's an overall big game, and it will bring you a lot of entertainment if you can see past some of the shallow aspects it has.
  30. Apr 28, 2013
    My favourite Fable game so far have got all the achievements and finished the game 4 time would recommend it to anyone. The only thing that I would change would be the combat with a gun it is all right but not my favourite I would stick with melee combat if I was you.
  31. Dec 10, 2013
    Fable III would've been the most unfairly hated game of generation 7 if Mass Effect 3 hadn't stolen its title.

Series creator Peter "God of Hype" Molyneux promised things that will still be impossible when Fable 7 arrives for the Xbox Three. The problem is that people tend to compare Fable III against its own hype, rather than as a game on its own merits. The combat is most likely

The combat is most likely the weak point of this title. It's "X" for swords, "Y" for guns and "B" for spells and all three are the same. Press the button to attack, hold the button to charge. There is little strategy or variance, just mash buttons until the enemies all die.

Despite being labeled an RPG, Fable III has more in common with Zelda than Skyrim. The leveling works on the 'road to rule' you're experience points are called guild seals, and you use them to open treasure chests on the road to rule, which unlock abilities. However, the game only lets you open so many chests based on where you are in the main quest, so there is little point in grinding. Besides, you're almost certain to have every ability before the game ends anyway.

The storyline itself is pretty basic the player assumes the role of the Prince/Princess, and your brother is an evil tyrant King. Gather the loyalty of people through the kingdom so you can replace him as monarch. On the other hand, the characters and dialogue are very well written. Most of the characters you meet on both the main and side quests are interesting and fun to listen to. While the main quest takes itself very seriously, the side quests are the polar opposite and provide comic relief. Want to help some actors get the script to a horrible play from the ghost of its creator? No really, that's a quest. You can also help a pair of ghosts goof off and party, release a swarm of insulting gnomes into the world, and trick an evil spouse into adultery so their partner can get a divorce.

The moral choices are the highlight of the game, which both helps and hurts this title. The basic idea is you need to make 'evil' choices to raise the money to ultimately save the kingdom ie, if you want to to the right thing and save the people, you MUST make decisions that will make the people you're saving hate you. Pretty cool, but the game tries its best to make difficult decisions look like polar options. It doesn't help that every choice is labeled with pretty lights or demon fire, but the real issue is the illogical options and effects of some choices. For example at one point you have the option to raise taxes, lower them, or keep them the same. Why does lowering taxes literally cost money to do? It should just mean you gain less money than with higher taxes. And is there some reason I cannot build both an orphanage and a brothel?

Overall, I enjoy this game. Whether you will depends on what you're expecting. If you believe even 5% of what Peter said, or expect an exciting action rpg, look elsewhere. But if you like fun quests, funny characters and sheer fun over technical quality, you might enjoy this game too.
  32. Jul 26, 2014
    There are too many people who give this game a bad review based on other games. Fable is an RPG but it is one of a kind. I personally thought the games was just as good if not better than the first two.

One distinguishing feature of the game is its good and evil system. Throughout the entire game you get to make choices that are considered good or evil. If you stick with the same set of decisions your character eventually will change its appearance to a godly look or a devilish look. This has been this way since the first Fable. The combat system is fun and this game is not really meant to be a huge challenge. This game will make you feel like a bad ass. The magic system is awesome, far superior to most RPGs that I have played. This game has a more comical story than most and I consider that to be a good thing. A few hours of playing and you reach a town called Mourningwood. I mean common how can you not like that. Also, when walking around in a town, you may notice kids digging deep into their clothes to scratch an itch where the sun don't shine.

The environment is a major improvement and has much more exploration. In the first Fable there were only a few paths to chose from on every map. Well it's pretty much the same but it is not a line that branches off anymore. Now there are huge areas with many forks and areas where the whole map opens up and you could spend some time to unlock that maps features. You can also buy houses and rent them out and purchase shops as well. You can basically own a whole town if you have the money.

There are only a few downsides but they do not hinder your experience enough to want to up and quit. One thing is the UI. It is a little annoying at times with all of the press and hold options. Another thing is the NPC interaction. In the first two fables you could lure a whole town down into your bubble by making gestures. Now you are only able to do this to one person at a time and nobody really cares except the person you are talking to.

Overall I gave this game a 9 out of 10 because it is exactly what I expected from a Fable game with only a few minor downsides.

1. Oct 19, 2011
    An excellent interactive fairy tale. Due to interesting moral choices, it has a lot of replay potential. [June 2011]
  2. Jul 12, 2011
    A competent example of a PC port and of an RPG, but its obsessions with consumerism dampens the adventure. [Aug 2011, p.100]
  3. Jul 10, 2011
    A fun, light-hearted romp, but one that pales in light of its predecessors. [Aug 2011, p.68]