5.3

1. May 17, 2011
    Fable 3 is an interesting RPG, it has unique elements much different from others. The combat system looks simply fantastic, the interface is great and the style is unique, it has a interesting storyline, the sense of humor is nice not great though, the atmosphere is nice seems lovely. Being a fan of Fable series i just don't think that Fable can be bad. It might not as good as tes(the elder scroll) but overall it a great way to pass some time. In other words is fantastic game. Expand
  2. May 21, 2011
    If you have played the Xbox 360 version, you may have noticed bugs, long load times, and framerate skipping. Annoying right? Well the PC version has fixed all of that and has even added upon the fable 3 experience, with all the DLC included right out of the box, a new "hardcore" mode, superior Mouse and Keyboard controls, and the stunning new Nvidia 3D functionality. Pros: -Majority of game bugs fixed with PC release -Hardcore mode actually adds enjoyment to this game for the gamers who found the 360 release to be too easy. -3D mode is very stunning -Support a wide variety of Xbox 360 controllers -New graphical details added exclusively for PC -Achievements (if you care about those, I don't) -Mouse and Keyboard works great Cons: -Still too easy (no real penalty for dying other than loss of guild points) -Some minor GFWL interface issues (don't listen to the other reviews, game works fine and this isn't as big of an issue as they claim) -Can't choose the expressions you want when interacting with other character like in Fable 2 -Crossplatform co-op is not included Final words: Don't listen to the negative reviews, if you have a gaming PC (or even a decent PC for that matter) and a Xbox 360 gaming console, buy this PC version. It's pretty much better in every way unless you have friends that only own the Xbox 360 version and even then this game is still enjoyable by yourself. Expand
  3. May 19, 2011
    As a huge fan of the first one, I had high hopes for this one as well. Not only did Fable 3 meet my expetations, but it exceeded them as well. I didn't play the second one, so I can't comment on that, but it takes everything from the first one and improves it. It is a worthy successor.
  4. May 17, 2011
    I've never played the first Fable - however fable 3 made me want to. I've never played any fable, however Fable 3 is a great RPG. It's got simple, slick combat(that's too easy)It looks great, the art style is unique, the writing is solid. The humour seems forced at times, but it works. It's got no deal breakers, however you are not in for a challenge.
  5. Jun 9, 2011
    Fable 3 is a epic RPG game , it have it own environment, great game-play and unique locations that you can work , steal , sleep and have sex and more!
  6. Jun 12, 2011
    I really don't understand all the negative critics I see here, this game is brilliant and gives you much fun. Yes, it is not an FPS, but that should not be if it is an RPG, is it? Buy it, it gives you hours and hours of fun, and much additional content is already available at very affordable costs, to keep you playing and playing.
  7. Jul 8, 2011
    I just finished playing this game and was astounded at what I saw. The graphics were wonderful and the voice acting was far above average. The story was well done and the music was absorbing. This is how RPG's are meant to be made.

I cant believe the user score is so low, did I play a different game than them?

Beautiful game and I highly recommend it.
  8. May 18, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. In my mind the best Fable out of the three, although it does suffer from a lot of problems. The pre-king gameplay is just too long and so many of the fights are dragged out way too long, even still once you reach the "ruler" part of the game it actually gets boring really quickly plus Lionhead threw in the stupid deadline thing where you have to get a certain amount of money in a certain amount of time or else Albion is destroyed. Every single one of the decisions you make on issues are either "your people will like you, but you'll lose a ton of money" or "your people will hate you, but you'll gain a bunch of money" so it pretty much screws you over.

The amount of fun you have through all this really knocks all the negative stuff out of the park though, it really is a great game.
  9. May 21, 2011
    What an absolutely wonderful game.
    I was on the fence about buying this game based on some of the reviews from the Xbox 360 version. Thankfully Lionhead have rebuilt the game and made the PC version what I believe to be the definitive version of the game.

The story is very pleasantly told and engaging. Right from the opening moments you are gripped and want to find out more. This game has
    kept my interest by feeding new skills, scenarios and features as time progresses.

The sanctuary menu system is a stroke of genius and flawlessly implemented on the PC version of this game. Voice acting is superb and so many celebrities lending their talent to the project makes this a game well worth playing.

This has exceed my expectations and right now I am chosing to play this OVER the witcher2 which i also recently purchased!
  10. May 25, 2011
    This is a very good action/adventure RPG. Lets start with the combat, you've got your melee, range and then spell. You can combine these to good effect, it is quite enjoyable but can be a bit repetitive. The leveling system is different from fable 1+2. Although I prefer the old leveling system its still nice. The best thing about this game is the humour. From the quests to the gravestones to truly enjoy this game you need to have a sense of humour. Anyone who does not enjoy fable has no sense of humour. Expand
  11. May 22, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This was fun. Surprisingly fun, actually. Good old Peter has a habit of breaking promises, but the promise of the PC version being a 'real' PC version is actually kept. Graphics aren't great, but that's not exactly what is important anyway. The design and look of the game is gorgeous and quite immersive. The controls work fine, the music is as good as in any Fable game (which is very good, in case you were wondering), voice acting is great (as usual) and the story is... alright, I guess. It's not particularly good, but the moment when you get shipwrecked and first encounter the Crawler is extremely well done. Very memorable gaming moment for me. Some things tend to suck a bit, like the map not teleporting you where you need to go and the golden trail leading you nowhere, but overall, it's a nice experience. Good for a playthrough or two. Expand
  12. Jun 19, 2011
    The game is so poorly optimized to be unplayable. I was hoping some features would be fixed in the PC port, but they made things even worse.

Don't buy unless you exceed the maximum requirements (maybe not even then).
  13. May 26, 2011
    in the realm of console rpgs fable 3 stands near the top, but in the realm of computer rpgs it's trash. combat is repetitive and didn't challenge me even on the higher difficulty settings. Also the story is pretty lacking so there is really no need to get this game on the computer. get it for xbox it's much more enjoyable. let's be serious here, if you want to play an rpg on the computer go for dragon age origins, the witcher 2 or WOW. this game just isn't worth my time. Expand
  14. Jul 20, 2011
    Since it's clear by the score that I really like this game I'm going to put it out there right now what it was that I didn't like. The dog. It. Never. Shuts. Up. I'm saying this as a gamer to other gamers, don't give your dog the Five-Star Dog Potion or otherwise increase its treasure-seeking abilities because you'll spend the rest of the game hearing nothing but barks. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate that Lionhead went to great lengths to ensure that this game had a lot of content, but I don't need to dig up treasure two feet from the last one. Trust me, you're not missing anything if you pass up every dig spot in this game. It's always junk or a small amount of gold; that's hardly worth your time and effort.

The only other negative thing I have to say about this game is the ending. Well not so much the ending but the final boss. Wow was that an easy fight. I saved 6,500,000 gold just to fight a monster that lasts ten seconds. Part of me just died.

Having said all that I loved the game. Fable 3 manages to blend the majority of all the good elements from both Fable: TLC and Fable 2. Not only that they eliminated glaring problems, and then went above and beyond and made a damn fine game. This is one of the finest titles to come out in years. For those of you saying that it's too short and too easy, you're playing it wrong. Get into the role, suspend your disbelief, absorb yourself in this fictional world. You'll have a lot more fun than by just trying to get to beat the game.

The graphics are top notch this time around. Even on lower settings this game still manages to look fantastic, and that's thanks in no small part to the design of the game world itself. You'll never find yourself remarking how terribly bland the environment is in Fable 3 I can assure you. Another thing that was changed for the better was making the locations inter-connective to each other like in Fable: TLC. I enjoy being able to look out into the distance and see a location that I can actually travel to far off in the background. It's little things like this that really immerses myself into games.
  15. May 22, 2011
    Fable 3 is very good role-playing game on PC. It has good quests, interested story, nice graphics and fascinating gameplay. But Fable 3 has a very strong competitor on this platform. Recently The Witcher 2 came on PC.
  16. Nov 11, 2011
    If your looking for a lazy game, with little skill involved to relax when tired then this is the one. If you fly through the game in one day, which is possible - then you won't like the ending. However, if you take your time with it and really be adventurous and patient then the ending will be more pleasant. It can get a little repetitive. Nice that it links to GFWL that can make it more entertaining. Sadly the concept during this game is confused - some quests are definately geared towards the adult population, but the the gameplay is just really childlike. But 7 for chilling out with. Buy at a reduced price or you may be disappointed. Expand
  17. Oct 3, 2012
    My favourite of all the Fable titles. Thoroughly enjoyed this one, even if the social aspect was a bit lacking at first. i enjoyed the Albion metamorphosis and I really liked their take on the Bowerstone Industrial Revolution. Excellent sense of humour, fun battles, and of course the freedom to be good or bad and go and do whatever you like. Lighthearted and just all-around enjoyable.
  18. Dec 4, 2012
    A nice game,from the beginning to the end.And i have to apologize for my cheats(in order to gain a good end i have to use a speed change software to make money more efficently ),i just feel afraid to the bad end and i only watch the bad end scenes on the Internet,somewhat like the sytle of bethesda,but the behavior of adding some sexy contents is to be discussed.
  19. Apr 28, 2013
    My favourite Fable game so far have got all the achievements and finished the game 4 time would recommend it to anyone. The only thing that I would change would be the combat with a gun it is all right but not my favourite I would stick with melee combat if I was you.
  20. May 27, 2013
    I don't know what these negative voters are, but they certainly ain't human! This game is AWESOME Great graphics, great atmosphere, plays smooth, haven't encountered 1 bug! I never played 1&2 and my guess is many negative voters did cuz that's about the only reason i can see to give it a lesser score. Some nerd even called this the worst game ever loooooool are you kidding me!!!!

Buy it, get it, now! It is awesome!
  21. May 21, 2011
    What an absolutely wonderful game.

1. Oct 19, 2011
    An excellent interactive fairy tale. Due to interesting moral choices, it has a lot of replay potential. [June 2011]
  2. Jul 12, 2011
    A competent example of a PC port and of an RPG, but its obsessions with consumerism dampens the adventure. [Aug 2011, p.100]
  3. Jul 10, 2011
    A fun, light-hearted romp, but one that pales in light of its predecessors. [Aug 2011, p.68]