5.4

1. May 18, 2015
  2. Nov 12, 2013
    Runs pretty badly, even on a great system but the story and game itself are very enjoyable. At least to the point where I could be bothered to complete it. This is definitely the ugly stepchild of the series though.
  3. Mar 3, 2012
    Fable III is basically more Fable with all its pros and cons. What is disappointing is that it's a console port and that rolling on the ground for 15 minutes is pretty much how all battles turn out...
  4. Feb 14, 2012
    Fable III takes what made the original two games 'slightly interesting' and throws it all into a mainstream box. It throws in fart jokes, streamlines the already streamlined systems, and removes any vague remnants of depth that the series might have aspired towards. The game assumes that the general public are all braindead xbox-headset wearing 12 year olds. No. I take that back. Even theyFable III takes what made the original two games 'slightly interesting' and throws it all into a mainstream box. It throws in fart jokes, streamlines the already streamlined systems, and removes any vague remnants of depth that the series might have aspired towards. The game assumes that the general public are all braindead xbox-headset wearing 12 year olds. No. I take that back. Even they are a smarter, deeper audience than this game demands. Horrible, rancid game. Apparently the next game is going to be a connect on-rails shooter. Somehow that does not surprise me. Expand
  5. Mar 10, 2013
    This game was extremely disappointing. The entire game you will notice the lack of attention and half assed efforts. Do not mistake this game for an RPG, it is an "action adventure game". One of the developers actually claimed this game would be better than Skyrim. To make that claim you need to produce a game that actually seems like they put some effort into it. This game feels like itThis game was extremely disappointing. The entire game you will notice the lack of attention and half assed efforts. Do not mistake this game for an RPG, it is an "action adventure game". One of the developers actually claimed this game would be better than Skyrim. To make that claim you need to produce a game that actually seems like they put some effort into it. This game feels like it was designed for minors who watch their parents play big boy games.
    Not worth the price, if you simply must try it out, get it on sale.
  6. Jun 5, 2011
    It feels like a step in the wrong direction. Fable 2 was a large improvement over Fable 1, and I expected the same thing to happen going from Fable 2 to Fable 3. Not so. The developers have made strange interface changes that immediately feel like they're hindering the game. The combat is nearly identical in the way it plays in Fable 2. That's not necessarily a bad thing. But add on toIt feels like a step in the wrong direction. Fable 2 was a large improvement over Fable 1, and I expected the same thing to happen going from Fable 2 to Fable 3. Not so. The developers have made strange interface changes that immediately feel like they're hindering the game. The combat is nearly identical in the way it plays in Fable 2. That's not necessarily a bad thing. But add on to that the absence of a large variety of weapons and armor and combat soon grows dull. Combining spells is a nice touch, but having fewer spells than the last game is NOT a good decision. I like the weapons that slowly change throughout the game, but why not have that AND large supply of other weapons to use? The environments are larger but seem more empty than Fable 2. The graphics are pretty nice but you'll need a very hefty PC to play on max settings. They haven't added enough new features to the game and the one they have don't make up for it or don't even work. There's some good stuff here, but it's hindered by lack of variety and innovation. Expand
  7. Oct 22, 2011
    If this were the first game of the saga, sure it's good but as a player of all three fables there's just not enough evolution here. The gameplay is simplistic in every way interaction with npc's is still playing paty-cake with them. The game looks great in the same way that it's pre-desecors have I.e exactly the same as fable 1. Sound design is average at best.

Am I being un-reasonable

Am I being un-reasonable expecting more from the franchise by it's 3rd outing? save your money and get a real rpg, any of the fallouts or any of bethesda's games, dragon age these franchise's work hard to earn your loyalty whereas fable seems to delight in provideing the bare minimum and then charging you for more lack luster content through dlc.
  8. Jun 4, 2011
    Fable III is a really nice RPG game. The story and the graphic is very good. You can do a lot of things in this game and if you not rush, you can play more than 15 hour with this game. The best Fable game ever.
  9. Apr 25, 2013
    The most embarrassing game of the year. This game is complete tripe. It's like nobody actually played the game. They made everything un-fun. It's literally a hack+slash game with a bad story and bad side-stuff. This is literally Diablo 3 on easy mode except the environments and map design are worse than a stupid pony level. I rated it a zero because the PC version had horrible frameratesThe most embarrassing game of the year. This game is complete tripe. It's like nobody actually played the game. They made everything un-fun. It's literally a hack+slash game with a bad story and bad side-stuff. This is literally Diablo 3 on easy mode except the environments and map design are worse than a stupid pony level. I rated it a zero because the PC version had horrible framerates and the graphics didn't mean jack as absolutely nothing was interesting to look at. No matter how cheap this game would be, it would still be a waste of money. Buy a box of fireworks with friends, have a party or buy another game. Expand
  10. Sep 3, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Fable 3 is nowhere near the potential from it's predecessor, Fable 2, and even more so for Fable 1. Everything that you would come to expect from an open world RPG can't be found on Fable 3, from a user-friendly map system, to a more broadening and interactive set piece for the world of Albion. I don't tend to like RPG's who use the corridor system, or as I like to call it, a "Spiderweb" RPG world, and it's especial with Fable 3. the bread crumb trail still iffs me at times, as i constantly ignore how it sends me to dead ends or just doesn't appear at all, whilst I desperately try to ignore the cursed thing and get a glimpse of the world that is ignored by this stupid trail brought all the way back from Fable 1. Customization is extremely poor and cash cowed in for an RPG, with 90% of content that would actually be useful for creating your avatar on a DLC, which also ruins the co-op play as you HAVE TO HAVE every single dlc that the person your playing with has, especially considering that the story wasn't webbed into a meaningful co-op setting. but perhaps the worst thing that Fable 3 destroyed about it's franchise is the whole good/evil alignment. Your outward appearance as being good or evil has been hyped down from previous titles, and the story itself betrays the whole meaning behind good or evil with how you end the game. You can be the good guy as long as you sacrifice all the money you spent protecting everyone from the darkness, thus potentially killing everyone in the end, while, if you're the bad guy, sure, everyone will hate you, but you'll have enough funds to potentially save everyone. and who isn't to say you could be bad from the start, and once the darkness is defeated (and note, the darkness is defeated in the most rushed in **** way possible) you could be good again? And the whole being a king business isn't really worth it in the end, you don't to go to parades, you don't feel appreciated by anyone whether being good or bad, and the only way you can beat the game is if you had played the game in a very specific manner, thus destroying the whole concept of a meaningful RPG element. RPG is supposed to be about doing what you can with what you have, not doing exactly this and exactly that to get exactly what you want. and one final note to the always over-enthusiastic Peter Molyneux: Do be optimistic, but please be honest with us. We don't want to spend a 5 days running a city to their dooms when we were told we'd be given a WHOLE YEAR to do so. and stop making this game a "less for more" concept. We've had enough of it as it is. Expand
  11. May 29, 2011
    Well I have never played any of the other Fable games so I was a bit nervous starting this but I have to say I loved it. It played really well on my average pc and I loved the humour so much. I noticed so many of the npcs have different voices and the males who I romanced were all a little different in many ways. It was quite sweet being able to hug and kiss and tickle your family membersWell I have never played any of the other Fable games so I was a bit nervous starting this but I have to say I loved it. It played really well on my average pc and I loved the humour so much. I noticed so many of the npcs have different voices and the males who I romanced were all a little different in many ways. It was quite sweet being able to hug and kiss and tickle your family members or any npc (hehe) The story was classic fairytale with relatively happy ending and that pleases me as a happy ending is a must for me. I would have liked a bit more deph in the main male npc romantic interest, perhaps more shared missions and activities as he was such a sweetie. I liked the ways there were of making money, very unique from my perspective because I got a bit sick of doing favours for villagers.
    It was quite a different experience for me and I will replay this game for sure.

One complaint....my female hero was taller than everyone else and that bugged me big time, how ridiculous that she grew and no one else seemed to, even her true love needed a box to kiss her. :(

But I think overall this gets an 8.5 from me.
  12. Oct 23, 2011
    You don't want this game. Disjointed plotline. Cant decide if it wants to be serious (must stop my evil brother!) or stupid (heh heh farts).

Basic combat system isn't too bad I suppose. Then you get into the second half of the game and .... what the heck just happened! Did i just insert some other game disk in?

Fable 2 was better on every level and that wasn't exactly a marvellous game!
  13. May 22, 2011
    Fable 3 is very good role-playing game on PC. It has good quests, interested story, nice graphics and fascinating gameplay. But Fable 3 has a very strong competitor on this platform. Recently The Witcher 2 came on PC.
  14. Jul 16, 2013
    I liked Fable 3 when i played through it for the first time with my brother but when we completed it and finished most of the good content i just could not bring myself to load it up again, many months later i watched Angry Joes top 32 reasons fable 3 sucks and realized some of these things were my problems
    pros: art style, setting is cool with this old 18th century steampunk idea which is something not really used, lots of fun content, funny dialogue (shut up ben) economy is pretty cool, your dog being named after your dog,
    cons: the game is too easy, disappointing conclusion for both villains, overpowered magic, gold rains from the sky when you don't need it but is so scarce when you do need it, dlc co op restrictions, navigation is awful, no repair all for your economy you need to go around individually fixing everything, being the king was kind of lame, final battle countdown, npc interactions
    while these things stopped me from replaying the game withought me even knowing them i cant deny i did enjoy the game during my time playing it. you know normally franchises get better as they go on but apparently fable and fable 2 are better then fable 3
  15. Jun 27, 2011
    Voices and music: superb - worlds and graphics: imaginative and great - story and gameplay: ah well, nice...
    Pressing mouse-buttons 20 times a second is really, really boring.
    Playing the game is just not as much fun as just watching the worlds and listening to the sounds.
    If there were a good game to play in Fable 3, I'd certainly rate it higher. It is beautiful.
  16. Nov 27, 2011
    this was a big lie ! all they said about this game is a lie!!!!
    they said 10 times better weapons from the oblivion where is that?
    all i saw was u take one weapon and to improve it u will make it look like **** ! the story was a little bit of stupid ! u will never fight see a big and dangerous fight u may use pottion one time or 2 ... the co op was better than fable 2 but there is nothing
    this was a big lie ! all they said about this game is a lie!!!!
    they said 10 times better weapons from the oblivion where is that?
    the story was a little bit of stupid ! u will never fight see a big and dangerous fight u may use pottion one time or 2 ... the co op was better than fable 2 but there is nothing good for ur friend everyone will ignore him/her and u will be forced to send coppies of the game if u want to improve ur weapon !
    u will see how it sucks when u want to be friends with someone and to do that u need to dance with him like a gay dance or hold hands ... the is nothing like an rpg u dont level up u just open chest to improve ur 3 skill (yeah guns sworld or magic nothing more) and there is no treasures like all the rpg games if u want fable best to play Fable: The Lost Chapters if u have played Fable: The Lost Chapters then PLAY IT AGAIN coz there is nothing good on the 3rd one ...
  17. Oct 3, 2012
    My favourite of all the Fable titles. Thoroughly enjoyed this one, even if the social aspect was a bit lacking at first. i enjoyed the Albion metamorphosis and I really liked their take on the Bowerstone Industrial Revolution. Excellent sense of humour, fun battles, and of course the freedom to be good or bad and go and do whatever you like. Lighthearted and just all-around enjoyable.
  18. Jun 19, 2011
    The game is so poorly optimized to be unplayable. I was hoping some features would be fixed in the PC port, but they made things even worse.

Don't buy unless you exceed the maximum requirements (maybe not even then).
  19. Oct 13, 2013
    Technical Issues[6]
    ------------------------------------
    Over All[5.8]
  20. May 30, 2013
    Bought the game from steam couldnt even get to play it since microsofts account thing would just die on me all time made account but it wouldnt regonize it GG 0/10
  21. Nov 22, 2011
    Definitely a step in the wrong direction, but are we really surprised? Lionhead has yet to deliver a good RPG. Fable III has to be one of the most disapointing games on the PC and Xbox 360.
  22. Nov 15, 2011
    WTF. They took everything fun from Fable 2 and threw it in the bin. Fable 3's graphics look very similar to Fable 2, gameplay is pretty much identical, AI is very stupid. The locations look good but again, set the next f***ing fable in another bloody world or country. Im sik of seeing the same detailed world, the same building designs and armours and weapons. It feels like Fable 2.

But

But the positive side is that the story is good, you get lost in the Main story because the quest get all mixed up and you have to figure out what you were up to when you load the game. But I had heaps of fun with alot of the quest, had heaps of fun with the options the game gave you in its world and you could have quiet alot of fun with the co-op. But the gameplay is still fable 2 but more simple. Fable 4 better improve on Fable 2 and not 3.
  23. Jun 11, 2011
    I've never played the other fables, so I guess my opinion is going to be pretty objective. I think the art direction doesn't fit the atmosphere the game was going for, which at times is funny but other times a little dark. Graphically it's good, while it won't challenge new machines what so ever, that means it should be more accessible to a larger spectrum of PC gamers. That shouldn't beI've never played the other fables, so I guess my opinion is going to be pretty objective. I think the art direction doesn't fit the atmosphere the game was going for, which at times is funny but other times a little dark. Graphically it's good, while it won't challenge new machines what so ever, that means it should be more accessible to a larger spectrum of PC gamers. That shouldn't be important if a game genuinely has good aesthetics and is fun to play. Of which it is fun to play, and the combat is flashy and enjoyable (I liked the magic system, but it could have been so much better.) Also, I switched to a controller as soon as I could. The PC controls are rather poor if left at default, but I also found that turning off V-sync dramatically improved my control's response time. Mostly, I really wanted a walk button so I could take in the pretty sites that there were rather than run around them and ignore them (here's where a joystick made more sense for me). Sound and music is fine as well. Character animations are over the top (which is mostly fine), but at times they lack polish to really pull off the character. Of all that, I say the game gets a 7, or a 6. Now about the story and gameplay... this is very black and white, and where I'm largely disappointed. Even the characters are either good, chaotic, lawful, or evil, but never truly interesting. The choices you make are like-wise two dimensional, and never really allow you to believe you can be anything but good or evil. I find the social system in the game could have been dramatically improved and given more variety as well. In short, this is an overly simplified "M" rated game, to which I point out that it could have been toned down to be a great early teen's game. Of that I'm sure it would have been, but for a mature audience I think it's only saving grace is that it is fun to romp around for a bit, and there is some entertaining level of customization to be had here. As it stands, it's likely not worth the full asking price for most people, but on a good sale it's worth looking into. If it had tried to make itself bigger than offering you 2 dimensional characters and a 2 dimensional story, tighten down and add sensible variety to the social system, then it would have been a much better game than what we see here. I was going to give it a 7, but with a 6 I can say that while it might be fun at times it's not worth paying $50 for a game that seems like it still needs more flushing out if it's trying to appeal to a mature audience. It's probably worth getting on a good sale, or when the price drops to below $20. Otherwise, buy at your own risk. Expand
  24. Oct 23, 2011
    After an initial neutral reaction, this game grew on me. It first comes across like a combat version of the "sims," Incredible customization, minimal depth. What bumped it up from a 5 to a 7 was the sense of humor and decent storyline that went into the game. I finished it with a sense of satisfaction and will probably play through again.
  25. Jun 17, 2012
    The concept of this game is not bad; saving an empire of your family is interesting and it made me to buy this game. However, I didn't feel like I was saving an empire. That's one failure. Battle of this game is too easy somehow. There is a magic that can beat any enemies easily and make you invulnerable. It's bad. I hate Games for WIndows Live (I don't remember the name). It's suck, IThe concept of this game is not bad; saving an empire of your family is interesting and it made me to buy this game. However, I didn't feel like I was saving an empire. That's one failure. Battle of this game is too easy somehow. There is a magic that can beat any enemies easily and make you invulnerable. It's bad. I hate Games for WIndows Live (I don't remember the name). It's suck, I could not download some of the DLC I bought. Luckily, they were cheap but it was very annoying. Expand
  26. Apr 29, 2013
    The Fable series can be best summarized as great ambitions crippled by the lack of proper execution of them. Peter Molyneux (the dev team leader) and his team have put some good ideas in front the gamers, but the way they were implemented in the game has made the game worse not better.

First of All, The good in the game : -High production value. This game truly looks like a mature

First of All, The good in the game :
    -High production value. This game truly looks like a mature fairy tale
    -Storyline Yeah, its not great but its passable, and that's saying a lot in this day and age!

Now let us look at the bad (most of them came from good intention of the devs i am sure)
    -The 'golden bread crumbs trail' of finding the next objective. The intention behind this was clearly to have gamers avoid pulling up there maps time and again so that they could be more immersed in the world. But unfortunately, this same mechanism proves to be distracting from the world of Albion itself (Since you are constantly focusing on the golden trail, you'll not notice the hard work put into the world itself.

-The Sanctuary this also was supposed to act like your map, your inventory screen, your quest log rolled all into one, but fails miserably. Obviously, this is an innovative idea, again to help players to be more immersed (Since map and inventory screens can be "unrealistic"). But the major problem is that it takes too long to do any of the stuff from the sanctuary. You walk from one room to another if you want to change your clothes, weapons, check you map etc. The negatives associated with the sanctuary far out way the positives

-Doesn't feel like an rpg. In order to appeal to a more wider fanbase, the rpg elements are so scarce and pointless that this truly doesn't feel like an rpg at all.

-Map doesn't tell you half the things is should. The real world and the map version of that world look way different.

-Character interaction sucks. No way to describe it, sorry

All in all, a disappointing title. Pick it up if you are a more of a casual gamer and/or if you are a fable fan... ON A GODDAMN SALE!
  27. Jun 13, 2011
    Fun game, i enjoyed playing fable series but the controls are some what lame for PC loin-head should have made more PC friendly controls but that was the only major issue i had with fable 3 other then that i found it be amusing
  28. May 22, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This was fun. Surprisingly fun, actually. Good old Peter has a habit of breaking promises, but the promise of the PC version being a 'real' PC version is actually kept. Graphics aren't great, but that's not exactly what is important anyway. The design and look of the game is gorgeous and quite immersive. The controls work fine, the music is as good as in any Fable game (which is very good, in case you were wondering), voice acting is great (as usual) and the story is... alright, I guess. It's not particularly good, but the moment when you get shipwrecked and first encounter the Crawler is extremely well done. Very memorable gaming moment for me. Some things tend to suck a bit, like the map not teleporting you where you need to go and the golden trail leading you nowhere, but overall, it's a nice experience. Good for a playthrough or two. Expand
  29. Feb 24, 2013
    I loved the game's concept of developing your character as a monarch. But the combat system is not funny at all and is what prevents me to play this game twice just to see the other alternative ending.
  30. Oct 27, 2011
    Let's face it, us Fable fans love the humor, scenery and simplistic gameplay of Fable. We love to drink our characters into a stupor and get really fat. Kill tons of villagers and guards and fart in people's faces. This game still has all of that. But the fighting is kind of frustrating really. What happened to being an unstoppable hulk? This game is all about blocking and flourishLet's face it, us Fable fans love the humor, scenery and simplistic gameplay of Fable. We love to drink our characters into a stupor and get really fat. Kill tons of villagers and guards and fart in people's faces. This game still has all of that. But the fighting is kind of frustrating really. What happened to being an unstoppable hulk? This game is all about blocking and flourish attacks...how boring. Still no chain lightning will power either. Also, the game takes on a very serious tone with lots of death and tyranny and stuff like that. I guess that's to win over the critics though it doesn't save the generic plug and play storyline from being boring. Character customization has gotten really weird. Now you purchase all of your stuff and bring it back to a dressing room. Which I guess is kind of the lazy approach and its nice to not have to repurchase stuff. Though that never bothers me because I always have tons of gold early on in Fable games. Oh and your inventory is GONE. How many silver keys have I picked up? I can't find out unless I pick up another one and it tells me...Also, still no hotkeying items or I'm just missing something. And the HUD is pretty much gone, no health information. No nothing. Peter M. Please go and purchase a copy of Fable: The Lost Chapters and actually play it! The game is phenomenal and only needs a few of the upgrades from Fable 2 and 3:

Fable 3's real estate interface.
    Fable 3's king sequence (with more to do)
    Fable 2's character customization potions (weight gain/loss, height gain/loss, etc)
    Fable 3's dying system (tattoo colors and clothes)
    -Please no more dog, unless you make him something actually interesting rather than a digging spot finder and an achievement kill stealer.
  31. Jul 20, 2011
    Since it's clear by the score that I really like this game I'm going to put it out there right now what it was that I didn't like. The dog. It. Never. Shuts. Up. I'm saying this as a gamer to other gamers, don't give your dog the Five-Star Dog Potion or otherwise increase its treasure-seeking abilities because you'll spend the rest of the game hearing nothing but barks. Don't get me wrong,Since it's clear by the score that I really like this game I'm going to put it out there right now what it was that I didn't like. The dog. It. Never. Shuts. Up. I'm saying this as a gamer to other gamers, don't give your dog the Five-Star Dog Potion or otherwise increase its treasure-seeking abilities because you'll spend the rest of the game hearing nothing but barks. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate that Lionhead went to great lengths to ensure that this game had a lot of content, but I don't need to dig up treasure two feet from the last one. Trust me, you're not missing anything if you pass up every dig spot in this game. It's always junk or a small amount of gold; that's hardly worth your time and effort.

The only other negative thing I have to say about this game is the ending. Well not so much the ending but the final boss. Wow was that an easy fight. I saved 6,500,000 gold just to fight a monster that lasts ten seconds. Part of me just died.

Having said all that I loved the game. Fable 3 manages to blend the majority of all the good elements from both Fable: TLC and Fable 2. Not only that they eliminated glaring problems, and then went above and beyond and made a damn fine game. This is one of the finest titles to come out in years. For those of you saying that it's too short and too easy, you're playing it wrong. Get into the role, suspend your disbelief, absorb yourself in this fictional world. You'll have a lot more fun than by just trying to get to beat the game.

The graphics are top notch this time around. Even on lower settings this game still manages to look fantastic, and that's thanks in no small part to the design of the game world itself. You'll never find yourself remarking how terribly bland the environment is in Fable 3 I can assure you. Another thing that was changed for the better was making the locations inter-connective to each other like in Fable: TLC. I enjoy being able to look out into the distance and see a location that I can actually travel to far off in the background. It's little things like this that really immerses myself into games.
  32. Sep 18, 2011
    Fable III doesn't really continue the series from a certain point or anything like that, although it does revisit many of the places of the original two. The Graphics are very nice but the PC version comes with some beefy requirements. It does come across as too linear, in fact almost like "playing" a story, or an interactive movie, rather than a game. Where it really excels is that itFable III doesn't really continue the series from a certain point or anything like that, although it does revisit many of the places of the original two. The Graphics are very nice but the PC version comes with some beefy requirements. It does come across as too linear, in fact almost like "playing" a story, or an interactive movie, rather than a game. Where it really excels is that it offers a very casual gaming experience, you don't have to fret about buying different equipment (though you can do that too), and deciding which skills to level is a breeze. The multiplayer mode doesn't offer a lot and the interactions with AIs has actually "devolved". While it wasn't a bad game particularly it fell short of Fable: The Lost Chapters and Fable II. This is pretty well agreed on in the community. It's too bad because the game had great potential with the amazing graphics. The game is super easy, so if you want a bigger challenge just refrain from spamming magic. Otherwise, you may be very disappointed. Expand
  33. Apr 24, 2013
    Meh... Just like all the other fable games. Boring story (This one is probably the best of the 3 boring stories the fable series has to offer). Button mashing combat with bad spell system. Silly good and evil system that does not compare to any of the other games that have done it, and a totally worthless economy structure. End up with more money than you could possibly ever need withMeh... Just like all the other fable games. Boring story (This one is probably the best of the 3 boring stories the fable series has to offer). Button mashing combat with bad spell system. Silly good and evil system that does not compare to any of the other games that have done it, and a totally worthless economy structure. End up with more money than you could possibly ever need with nothing to buy. Fable has always been over hyped, and just plain garbage. Expand
  34. Jul 16, 2012
    After Fable The Lost Chapters was ported to PC and vastly improved on the bog standard Fable; and after the second game vastly improved on Fable TLC there was a lot of expectation for this game to deliver. And a lot of Peter Molyneux's usual standard of over hyping everything to make it seem like it absolutely would and beyond.
    And the game starts of somewhat promising, at least storyline
    And the game starts of somewhat promising, at least storyline wise.

It quickly becomes apparent that this game has failed in nearly every way.

Gameplay? The ONLY improvement was the ability to combine magic spells. That's it. Everything else was worse than Fable 2.
    UI? Has been made almost completely inaccessible to you.
    And the levelling system is just outright bonkers.
    And the worst crime? Probably the fact that you have no health bar. So when you are close to death and need to use a potion you have no idea, the game itself warns you about a split second before you die that "hey your going to die!"

But I persevered because the storyline seemed promising, and kind of interesting. I can forgive a lot if its got good story.
    But then you reach the part of the game that SHOULD have been the end game, within about 12 hours if you work hard at stretching it out; and then the storyline collapses completely into nonsense and irrelevance.

And thus combined becomes unplayable and the lamest game ever.

I seriously feel like I am being generous giving it a 3 out of 10 here, because honestly if you asked me to name anything I liked about Fable 3?
    The only thing I could tell you is the new combination magic. For me the game was worse than Fable 2 in every single way. And it getting a PC port, and not Fable 2, is mind boggling. Seriously.
  35. Apr 24, 2013
    This game has some really bad flaws but that been the same with all the series installments but theirs some great game play and a decent campaign. But terribly long loading screens A.I. over powered magic moneys comes faster then imaginable choice system is being Hitler or Jesus ****y ending no multiple endings anti lore friendly to the rest of the series. But despite all that you takeThis game has some really bad flaws but that been the same with all the series installments but theirs some great game play and a decent campaign. But terribly long loading screens A.I. over powered magic moneys comes faster then imaginable choice system is being Hitler or Jesus ****y ending no multiple endings anti lore friendly to the rest of the series. But despite all that you take it for what it is and you play it and its actually a pretty good game i mean allot of the PIECE OF TRASH THEY DARE CALL D.L.C. is ****ing horse but still you just get the main game and play it and don't get your hopes to hi and you can enjoy allot of the game is it the best R.P.G. ever made NO. Expand
  36. May 19, 2011
    I decided to give this game an 8, because while it is a good game there are a couple of niggling issues.
    For a start, this game is horribly optimised for PCs. My gaming PC (which has no trouble playing almost every other recent game I've tried) lags for no reason while playing this game, and on my laptop (which can play Dragon Age 2 and MW2 on High) won't even play Fable III.
    Secondly,
    Secondly, it's a bit... boring. At the very beginning. Although it did have it's good moments!
    For example, you have to make a really hard decision in the first half hour of playing which really livens things up and makes you realise just how much of an effect your choices can have in this game. The graphics aren't that great, but the art style works and the gameplay is pretty fun.
    Overall, I recommend this game, but only if you have a powerful PC because it looks crap without the highest setting and you need a stupidly powerful PC to do so.
  37. Jul 31, 2011
    A very light RPG with the light elements of the genre, it isn't as good as the first and second one from what ive been told i haven't played them my self, but still i think Fable 3 is more of the rent than a buy in my opinion since its quite short, unless you like to do all the extra side quests and re-build the city.
  38. Oct 30, 2012
    Disapointing on every level - and I've still purchased it. Horrible interface (sanctuary...), constantly wasting time on absolutely common things, even more limited than Fable 2, boring combat, not many changes when it comes to enemies, weak story with abysmal ending, no epic moments like in Fable 1, music is uninspired and nothing like in Fable 1, and yeah, the art style is nice. That'sDisapointing on every level - and I've still purchased it. Horrible interface (sanctuary...), constantly wasting time on absolutely common things, even more limited than Fable 2, boring combat, not many changes when it comes to enemies, weak story with abysmal ending, no epic moments like in Fable 1, music is uninspired and nothing like in Fable 1, and yeah, the art style is nice. That's the only positive thing you can say about this game. I'm not going to do the same mistake again when Fable 4: The bad, the boring and the ugly comes out. Expand
  39. Jan 24, 2013
    Fable 3 will not "Wow" many players. It's a solid game but has quite a few flaws, but lets start with the pros. The game is quite immersive, having very little HUD, and no real menus to speak of. The game looks great and is not very demanding, even on low settings the graphics are still appealing. A short list, yes, but please read the flaws and you'll see why I gave this game a 5~ evenFable 3 will not "Wow" many players. It's a solid game but has quite a few flaws, but lets start with the pros. The game is quite immersive, having very little HUD, and no real menus to speak of. The game looks great and is not very demanding, even on low settings the graphics are still appealing. A short list, yes, but please read the flaws and you'll see why I gave this game a 5~ even though I'm rarely generous with scores. The combat has the right idea, it's engaging, you can flow seamlessly between the 3 combat styles(Guns, swords, magic). Where it falls short is that the combat is not difficult. Even on it's highest difficulty it is still far, far too easy. Dodge rolling provides too many invincibility frames and doesn't have enough of a time frame between when you recover from a roll and when you can attack again. Another problem is the loot system. You're constantly stopping to crack open chests, most of the time, you'll only end up getting a measly 200 gold or gem, rather than clothing/tattoos. It wouldn't be so bad if there weren't a 10 silverkey chest in the second town you go to that gives 50,000 gold, which you can then invest into buying up all the property you have access to. When you're making 2000-7000 gold every 5 minutes, it's hard to justify spending as much time as you will digging up loot. The game could also do with a lot less chatter. Be it your butler harassing you while you're changing outfits or you're walking through town getting screamed at by the dozen NPCs that are surrounding you. The game could definitely stand to have a slider to adjust how much banter there is, because it /will/ wear on you, and quickly. Another quirk about the game is that it's tone is all over the place. The story is serious, but your character is a walking jack in the box. You can slaughter an entire town or save little girls, but your talk options are limited to farting in peoples' faces and whistling little tunes. Your one true love is locked up in a tower and one of your driving motivations is to save her, but you can participate in massive orgies. What I'm trying to say is the main story and your actual actions don't...really...mesh well. This is a good entry RPG, but anyone familiar to gaming will have a hard time enjoying this title. Expand
  40. Dec 4, 2012
    A nice game,from the beginning to the end.And i have to apologize for my cheats(in order to gain a good end i have to use a speed change software to make money more efficently ),i just feel afraid to the bad end and i only watch the bad end scenes on the Internet,somewhat like the sytle of bethesda,but the behavior of adding some sexy contents is to be discussed.
  41. Oct 28, 2014
    it has some interesting ideas and originalities but the childish theme of fable series has taken over the gameplay making it the most stupidly easy game i've played. also these original ideas -for example the inventory system- is poorly executed. and on top of everything there is microsoft's in game purchases thing......
  42. Jun 6, 2013
    Fable Lost Chapters was far better than this. Sure it has nice story and pretty fairy tale graphic, but its linear as hell and most of things that I liked in first Fable are torn out and replaced with console optimized BS: no inventory, no variety of weapons and spells (just light weapon, heavy weapon, gun and magic glove) no interacting with people like it was in LC, no rare items, onlyFable Lost Chapters was far better than this. Sure it has nice story and pretty fairy tale graphic, but its linear as hell and most of things that I liked in first Fable are torn out and replaced with console optimized BS: no inventory, no variety of weapons and spells (just light weapon, heavy weapon, gun and magic glove) no interacting with people like it was in LC, no rare items, only few side quests, terrible UI for consoles on PC port. Expand
  43. Aug 1, 2012
    If they had copy pasted Fable I and given it a bigger world and a graphical update it would have been better than this. The combat is horrible and uninteresting, the interface took a massive dump, why? No idea. I like it when people try new things I really do but it's entirely different to take a dump on the paradigm and offer nothing. The length of the game I usually try not to gripeIf they had copy pasted Fable I and given it a bigger world and a graphical update it would have been better than this. The combat is horrible and uninteresting, the interface took a massive dump, why? No idea. I like it when people try new things I really do but it's entirely different to take a dump on the paradigm and offer nothing. The length of the game I usually try not to gripe about but this was extremely short and unsatisfying. For the price of this game you could go out to dinner and have more fun. This isn't a death by hype game, on its own, it is **** Expand
  44. Dec 28, 2013
    There are loads of reviews down there to read. So, because so many say what I would have wrote in this review-I'm just going to write my whole experience in a nutshell here: LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOADThere are loads of reviews down there to read. So, because so many say what I would have wrote in this review-I'm just going to write my whole experience in a nutshell here: LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN Expand
  45. May 20, 2011
    Pleasantly surprised by this after all the negativity. Combat is nothing special but fun, acting is fairly good and the world is charming. Story is a little weak but overall this is a fun experience, where your decisions really feel like that they matter and levelling up is quite addictive.
  46. May 17, 2011
    I've never played the first Fable - however fable 3 made me want to. I've never played any fable, however Fable 3 is a great RPG. It's got simple, slick combat(that's too easy)It looks great, the art style is unique, the writing is solid. The humour seems forced at times, but it works. It's got no deal breakers, however you are not in for a challenge.
  47. Aug 14, 2011
    I really did not enjoy this game. It was short and really didn't stay with the Fable theme, sad, I was looking foward to this game but there was nothing i liked about this game. The game play was just like Fable 2 so i wasn't really impressed. The ending was horrible. nothing good about this game.
  48. May 1, 2013
    Overall a very lackluster game- I loved fable, liked fable 2 (loved aside from the ending really), and hated fable 3.

There were very few gear/weapon choices, the magic was changed dramatically (in a bad way), the gameplay was insanely easy and monotonous, and the story was not very interesting.

Not worth playing.
  49. Sep 15, 2013
    I was really excited about this game, but when it was released it got boring INCREDIBLY fast. The gamers were promised to feel powerfull while playing the game. All I felt was that the enemies were too weak. There's no real penalties for dying. The story sucks. This game must be the worst in the trilogy.
  50. MTR
    Jun 16, 2011
    Pantallazo azul al salir a windows, perder las partidas grabadas, .... Totalmente imposible jugar :S No puede ser tan complicado es hacer un port de 360 a PC !!!
  51. May 18, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. In my mind the best Fable out of the three, although it does suffer from a lot of problems. The pre-king gameplay is just too long and so many of the fights are dragged out way too long, even still once you reach the "ruler" part of the game it actually gets boring really quickly plus Lionhead threw in the stupid deadline thing where you have to get a certain amount of money in a certain amount of time or else Albion is destroyed. Every single one of the decisions you make on issues are either "your people will like you, but you'll lose a ton of money" or "your people will hate you, but you'll gain a bunch of money" so it pretty much screws you over.

The amount of fun you have through all this really knocks all the negative stuff out of the park though, it really is a great game.
  52. Mar 25, 2012
    I really enjoyed the first Fable game, and was anticipating this one quite a bit. Having never played Fable 2 because I don't own an xbox I was happy to hear this was to be released on PC aswell as xbox 360.
    However I was massively disappointed with this game. It is a console port, and it is a very very bad one at that. The game took an extra half a year to get to the PCs, I wonder what they used all that time for, certainly wasn't spent on the UI, controls or graphics.
    Every time you dig up something or open a treasure chest you have to watch a 10 second cinematic bit, which is cool the first time. But after not very many times it gets very tedious, and I started to avoid chests/dig-spots completely.
    The gameplay is sluggish and slow, every action takes forever to complete, and using the aim controls for guns and magic it is VERY clear this was not made for, or even adjusted for mouse controls.
    There is very little variety in the quests and tasks you get to do, and the game quickly turns into a grindfest
    The story is downright bad, it is uninteresting and riddled with bad cliches. The moral choices is always a choice between being an oblivious do-gooder and a maniacal **** There is no sense of separation of time in the game, it feels like the last event in the game and the starting tutorial plays out on the same day.
    I would rate this at 0, but the voice-acting is actually phenomenal, Stephen Fry, John Cleese and the rest of the characters is really the only thing I enjoyed in this game.
    Boring, Bland and badly designed and ported.
  53. Jul 26, 2012
    I played the first Fable and then went straight to this one, because I don't own a console. I don't remember much about F1 but I know that I was into it and it kept me playing till the end. It was fun and had a lot of original bits. I didn't find Fable III to offer neither. I'm not a fan of the series and went in without expectations, good or otherwise, but the first thing that struck meI played the first Fable and then went straight to this one, because I don't own a console. I don't remember much about F1 but I know that I was into it and it kept me playing till the end. It was fun and had a lot of original bits. I didn't find Fable III to offer neither. I'm not a fan of the series and went in without expectations, good or otherwise, but the first thing that struck me was that it tries to convey a serious message through some very childish means (dancing with the blacksmith so he'll give you a discount, really?). I tried to keep playing, but it just became too annoying and boring about 3h in, then I just read some of the other reviews and noticed the pattern of "it's too easy", "the story is flat/nonexistent" etc. and decided it's not worth it. I did give it a 5 though because the graphics are quite nice (nowhere near current PC capabilities, but they made good use of their lemons) and because overall it's well executed. But it's a bad idea. Expand
  54. Jul 8, 2011
    I just finished playing this game and was astounded at what I saw. The graphics were wonderful and the voice acting was far above average. The story was well done and the music was absorbing. This is how RPG's are meant to be made.

I cant believe the user score is so low, did I play a different game than them?

Beautiful game and I highly recommend it.
  55. Jul 13, 2011
    This game is the epitome of bad. It has the groundwork to be an okay game, with a large dynamic world which you can grow and interact with, but...

The story is childish. The characters are forgettable. The combat system is trash. The objectives are tired. The interaction with the world is fairly limited and much too varied in tone. There's no sense of urgency, no empathy, no coherent theme. It's a game that is without challenge and grows stale quickly, with no redeeming features.
  56. May 17, 2011
    Fable 3 is an interesting RPG, it has unique elements much different from others. The combat system looks simply fantastic, the interface is great and the style is unique, it has a interesting storyline, the sense of humor is nice not great though, the atmosphere is nice seems lovely. Being a fan of Fable series i just don't think that Fable can be bad. It might not as good as tes(theFable 3 is an interesting RPG, it has unique elements much different from others. The combat system looks simply fantastic, the interface is great and the style is unique, it has a interesting storyline, the sense of humor is nice not great though, the atmosphere is nice seems lovely. Being a fan of Fable series i just don't think that Fable can be bad. It might not as good as tes(the elder scroll) but overall it a great way to pass some time. In other words is fantastic game. Expand
  57. Dec 31, 2011
    All I'm going to say is too little far too late.

I've turned my back on the fable series and will never pay for another one these games, even though fable 1 was one of my favorite games of all time.
  58. May 9, 2013
    This game is a mixed bag.
    As a console port this game has really low-res textures that sometimes hurt the eye... but sometimes I was simply enjoying the view and colours of the locations I've came across.
    The other thing everyone would suspect will be terrible controls... are actually pretty good. I never had an issue with them, mouse works nicely no issue here. The story is linear
    This game is a mixed bag.

The story is linear but that doens't mean it's terrible, it's decent enough to not stand in your way...
    "In your way while You are doing what?" somebody may ask?
    And I say... hacking and slashing, doing sidequests, exploring... Have to say that despite locations are not very big exploring is actually really fun. Sidequests are well written and enjoyable.

The RPG elements of this game... have very little relevance.

The game overall is... average, but if You'll just take off Your brakes of seriousness, You'll be able to enjoy this game and maybe even get orgasmic about wonderful soundtrack this game has.
  59. Dec 8, 2013
    The game itself may be good but it simply has way too many technical issues (really poor PC port). To start with: if you enable v-sync you'll be capped at 30 fps no matter what your refresh rate. Of course you can disable v-sync but then you'll get horrible tearing. Also the frame rate is really inconsistent even with v-sync off even on hardware that's way more powerful than the game requires.
  60. Jul 18, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This... is a terrible game. The story is bland, the combat is the worst I have ever witnessed, in any game, across any platform. I am one of the worst gamers ever,and would have completed it on the hardest difficulty, WITHOUT DYING, if the save system hadn't DELETED MY CHARACTER when I tried to start the game again.The morality system is far too infantile to be of any use. There is either good or bad in 90% of places, and in the very few (I noticed about 3) occasions in which you are given a neutral choice, it DOESN'T EVEN MAKE SENSE! for example, at one point you are given the option to set taxes. You can either lower them (good), keep them the same as your brother (neutral) or raise them (bad). Now, the whole point of the game was to overthrow your brother because the taxes were too high, i.e. he was EVIL! Keeping them the same is therefore still morally wrong. If I save you from a murderer then kill you myself, am I commiting a crime? Of course! On the subject of the morality system, it is almost impossible to complete the game as a good character if you don't know exactly what's going to happen. You see, if you are playing a good character, you will have about -500,000 money (gold?). So, throughout the game, you have to buy up properties in order to have any money in the treasury at all. There is ONE "good" choice that will add money to the treasury.

All this would perhaps be permissible if the storyline and interface was good. Guess what? They aren't! The storyline is this: Your brother is evil. Kill him. Now choose to be evil or good. Oh, by the way, theres this evil thing that was the reason your brother was being evil. You have to kill it. Interface: Direct console port. You have to go to different rooms in order to change clothes. There is a suit of armor that offers absoloutely NO protection whatsoever. The voice actors are good, admittedly. This is perhaps the game's only good point. However, Lionshead even went and ruined that by writing the worst script I have ever seen in a game. It is trying FAR too hard to be funny. It is also failing. The graphics aren't even anything special. Lionshead's idea of an open world is about 5 linear paths per zone, with unavoidable encounters every meter. This game is inferior to TES IV in every conceivable way except voice acting - graphics, length, storyline, price. Worth approximately half of something I stepped in yesterday.
  61. Jun 7, 2011
    It's more of a Monopoly + Sims game rather than a hardcore fantasy RPG, but there's nothing wrong with that if it's what you're looking for. Game glitches like your dog floating around 10 feet in the air and landscape texture blanking are distracting. Played FIII through once and got the best possible ending, but I have no desire to finish all the little collection games, max all myIt's more of a Monopoly + Sims game rather than a hardcore fantasy RPG, but there's nothing wrong with that if it's what you're looking for. Game glitches like your dog floating around 10 feet in the air and landscape texture blanking are distracting. Played FIII through once and got the best possible ending, but I have no desire to finish all the little collection games, max all my weapons out, or get any more achievements. It's not a horrible game, and you can "get into it" after two hours or so, but there's no must-experience moments here. Expand
  62. Aug 8, 2011
    It is nice, it is awesome, it is boring
    It is nice, it is awesome, it is boring
    real good game at first but after you play it for a longer time you notice, what the hell am I thinking this is so bad.. I wished it was more like fable lost chapters look that was a good story, compare the UI for fun the good thing is that the story was nice and that it was very bug proof and I love how they put the line of the story, the controls are superb to X360 controller or Mouse and Keyboard they work fine

Sealreth,
  63. Nov 17, 2011
    Fable 3 is very different from Fable Lost Chapters and I don't think all "improvements" have improved gameplay at all. Most spells, abilities and items have been stripped and all side characters feels distant. Last fight is really letdown since in is so short and easy. Still some sidequests are really funny and game is visually good
  64. Dec 27, 2011
    I have just bought the game, and have not even played it, and I am already annoyed to the point of just forgetting. Had I known that I am required to be logged into a Games for Windows live account, then spent 15 minutes jumping through hoops, to create some account somewhere that I don't even want, AFTER paying for the game, I wouldn't have bought the game. Horrible experience. Screw you,I have just bought the game, and have not even played it, and I am already annoyed to the point of just forgetting. Had I known that I am required to be logged into a Games for Windows live account, then spent 15 minutes jumping through hoops, to create some account somewhere that I don't even want, AFTER paying for the game, I wouldn't have bought the game. Horrible experience. Screw you, Microsoft. Expand
  65. Nov 11, 2013
    The Fable saga has been ruined since the release of Fable 2. Some people say that Fable 2 was ok, but imo it is horrible. I couldn't play it more than once. Fable 3 is goddamn awful. Just watch a gameplay video and you will see what I mean. Even worse for PC gamers since this is a horrible port.

What happened to you Lionhead? You made the amazing Fable: Lost Chapters and then you up an entire saga.
  66. Nov 10, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I'd say this game is overall pleasant, but it could've been more.
    The story is your standard simple "save the world from a tyrant"-fantasy cliché. It's not interesting, but it will keep you focused. You may choose the gender of your protagonist, which is refreshing; and you'll also meet some moral dilemmas throughout the story simplified into good or evil. These decisions won't affect much more than your alignment early on, as the decisions often may SOUND important, but poses as minor events later that you'll forget about soon enough.

The fighting is simple, you'll choose from three different types of weapons that you may use as you please, although it seemed to me that the ranged variants were a lot more efficient, especially late-game. The fights has a nice pace to them, but are seldom that challenging. The amount of fighting you do feels balanced; though the rewards may feel a bit lackluster. The weapons you'll find, or buy, won't be doing you much if you don't upgrade them. And by upgrade, I mean doing chores such as killing 300 hollowmen for the specific weapon you hold to be better at killing more hollowmen. Other weapons will only activate their special powers through dubious chores including online involvement which feels more as a way for the developers to reward people who've bought the game while punishing those who illegally downloaded it; than actually involve you in any interesting gameplay.

You may also dress your character as you please, in a range of different clothing styles. But they are all just clothing, and won't make much of a difference in combat. This is both a good and a bad thing; as it's nice to customize your character any way you want; but you'll sometimes wish there was any way to upgrade yourself for combat.

The game mixes a relaxed but serious attitude with extreme quirkiness that sometimes come off as witty, and sometimes as just dumb. Sometimes it breaks immersion, such as when you interact with NPC's and it feels over the top. Other times, it may add to the experience, such as a quest where you're stuck inside a tabletop RPG.

As for the main story, I have two problems with it in particular. One thing is that it takes for granted that you do care for some of the characters. The truth is that you don't get to know them well enough until you're supposed to care for them; and you'll ever only see one side of them. They are all very obvious clichés though, so I doubt there would be much to know of them besides the obvious stereotypes.

The other part is that the game takes a new direction story wise during the ending. You think that you're about to win, when you're suddenly facing a new threat that's comes very unexplained and sudden. It's nice in one way, as this changes the gameplay style a bit. But as you progress through this problem, you're supposed to collect money; but a few hastily clicks away and your missing out on the possibility as the game doesn't explain to you that the story will proceed without any going back.

During this time of the story, you will probably start to explore the many different functions of the game. You may buy houses, either to live in or to collect rent from. You may get married and have kids, and you may just focus on exploring the world as you wish. There's loads to do and see, but many functions are mediocre at best. They sound good on paper, but aren't very interesting or advanced once you get into it. The game has it's strength in it's questing rather than in the crammed in extra functions.

But it's an overall big game, and it will bring you a lot of entertainment if you can see past some of the shallow aspects it has.
  67. Jan 9, 2014
    Fable III, very very buggy game, okay plot, terrible graphics for a teenies (2010-present) game! It looks like it was made in 2005! The first two were fabolous. I would rate it 5.3/10 or 57%
  68. Jun 6, 2011
    This game is horribly easy, even on challenge mode.... it has not lived up to the hype at all, has pretty terrible combat of mash keyboard to win and requires no tactical thinking. A game for children that does not stand up to the standards of modern games, the only redeeming quality is that it is kinda fun to watch your money pile build (which is again a little too easy to be enjoyable to earn)
  69. May 21, 2011
    What an absolutely wonderful game.
    I was on the fence about buying this game based on some of the reviews from the Xbox 360 version. Thankfully Lionhead have rebuilt the game and made the PC version what I believe to be the definitive version of the game.
    What an absolutely wonderful game.

The story is very pleasantly told and engaging. Right from the opening moments you are gripped and want to find out more. This game has kept my interest by feeding new skills, scenarios and features as time progresses.

The sanctuary menu system is a stroke of genius and flawlessly implemented on the PC version of this game. Voice acting is superb and so many celebrities lending their talent to the project makes this a game well worth playing.

This has exceed my expectations and right now I am chosing to play this OVER the witcher2 which i also recently purchased!
  70. May 26, 2011
    I liked Fable1. I still play in it from time to time. Fable III - 8 / 10. Decent quality, but nothing surprising. Combat is too easy for me, but it's a little problem. Colorful, welcoming the world, nice graphics. I recommend - really good entertainment. This is a really good action / adventure RPG
  71. May 28, 2011
    Well, what can i say about this game, prepare because I have a lot to say.
    They claim it is not a console port. Let me tell you, this game feels more like a console port than any other game I have played thus far.
    The story is bland, slow, boring and stupid. They never fully finish or explain anything at the end. Do not make a new character after you finish the game because it will
    Well, what can i say about this game, prepare because I have a lot to say.
    Do not make a new character after you finish the game because it will completely delete your original character.
    It is optimized extremely poorly. (What did i expect its a port)
    All the RPG elements that were in the first game are completely gone, you can only use one spell at a time (2 if you upgrade) It auto aims all your attacks for you so combat is just a silly non-nonsensical spamming of LMB until all your enemies are dead.
    The game is extremely easy I never ever used a single potion throughout the game and I was a melee character which is supposedly harder than anything else.
    The game just feels like it was made on a Friday if you know what I mean.
    The game punishes you for being "Good"
    Game is over-simplified to the point that it is almost insulting:
    Armor has no stats Weapons just say "Damage 100"
    There is no health bar There is no will power bar
    There is no "leveling up" like there was in the first now you just collect these guild seal things and spend them on some road to rule crap opening chests
    There are no "cool" spells and abilities that you could get like in the first for example the sneak steal and all the guild abilities are gone they are now wrapped up into one thief package that allows you to walk up to cash registers and steal thats it no sneaking into houses at night and taking stuff out of people's drawers and stuff anymore no killing people in there sleep and then running away from town nope thats gone!
    There are no stats like guile strength and will like there was in the first.
    Weapon customization is gone no longer can you put gems and stuff into the weapons now its just kill 100 of X monsters and you gain 10% damage at night
    Remember demon doors? Well now there are only 5 and they seem to have gotten tired of making up riddles so now they straight up tell you marry someone in front of me, be good, hit me in the face etc.
    Interacting with people is really really really sloppily designed, if you want to be friends with someone you have to dance with them to get them to like you for five minutes
    The game just feels awkward when talking to people because out of nowhere someone will just burst out DO YOU WANT A PIE????? or whatever they say
    The volume in this game is adjusted very strangely, the voices seem to quieter than the music which is louder than the action (even with adjusting the sound in the options its still just weird)

Overall: If you played the first one and thought it was great, you might not want to play this one or wait for the price to come down because it was nothing like the first one.
  72. Nov 2, 2011
    Gonna say what I've said about every single fable game ever...

MEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH....it's okay I suppose.
  73. Oct 26, 2011
    I payed 40 euros for this game. Its a short-great story written game, but again..it was way to short. Lionhead seems to be putting all kinds of DLC in but that also will cost you money, most of the DLC are costumes anyway that are only just for the eyes. A small variety on weapons, because 1 weapon will overthrow the other for a very long time. The guild seal system is great, but easy.I payed 40 euros for this game. Its a short-great story written game, but again..it was way to short. Lionhead seems to be putting all kinds of DLC in but that also will cost you money, most of the DLC are costumes anyway that are only just for the eyes. A small variety on weapons, because 1 weapon will overthrow the other for a very long time. The guild seal system is great, but easy. Spend a little bit of time and you got your upgrades already.
    Moneymaking is quite annoying in the start, everytime the same thing: Pressing 1, 2 or 3. Its kinda challenging in the start, but gets linear. Once you get to buy shops and houses moneymaking just becomes a thing you do if you idle. Leave your pc on and you have alot of money coming in.
    Fighting is quite easy as well, the real challenging monsters will occur only a couple of times.
    The missions and the co-op system are the things that kept me in the game. The story and graphics were great, easy to follow and it was nice to play. You could also help others online with their campaign.
    But again, everything is way to short and it is not worth(for me atleast) to buy DLC.
    Pretty much of a mediocre game overall, its not bad..its not good either. I give it a 6, I wont go higher.
  74. Sep 15, 2013
    Hands down one of the Worst Games out there, I Loved the first Fable and the 2nd but this...but the 3rd installment, to me they have just made everything easier for the player but as a result have destroyed the Game Mechanics, here are just some of the problems, also I played and finished this on the 360:

1/ Combat is broken, there is actually no need for the player to use Melee combat since the animation is way too slow and clunky.

2/ Another is the absence of the expressions, I mean where is, 'Follow' and 'Wait'?!? Its much more useful then the 'Hand-Holding system', and Holding a Male NPC just feels kinda wrong, even for a King Of Albion...

3/ Customization, Cosmetics, Costumes, Dyes and so forth are limited throughout the game, less freedom really made me sad in this game.

4/ The in game Menu System, when I Hear about this, I thought it was a really cool idea and the map was really neat looking, but upon using the interface, its really time consuming, what I mean by that is, walking over, to items and checking and equipping it, takes too long even if there are 'Hot-Keys'...

5/ Cutting out the Little things...what I mean, is the Bar games, the fact that buying things are limited and selling things are a pain, not to mention transferring items and gifts to other player

There are heaps more reasons that this game falls short for a 3rd installment of the Fable series.
    The Visual are nice and I won't mention the Bugs and Glitches since they are present in all games.
  75. May 25, 2011
    This is a very good action/adventure RPG. Lets start with the combat, you've got your melee, range and then spell. You can combine these to good effect, it is quite enjoyable but can be a bit repetitive. The leveling system is different from fable 1+2. Although I prefer the old leveling system its still nice. The best thing about this game is the humour. From the quests to the gravestonesThis is a very good action/adventure RPG. Lets start with the combat, you've got your melee, range and then spell. You can combine these to good effect, it is quite enjoyable but can be a bit repetitive. The leveling system is different from fable 1+2. Although I prefer the old leveling system its still nice. The best thing about this game is the humour. From the quests to the gravestones to truly enjoy this game you need to have a sense of humour. Anyone who does not enjoy fable has no sense of humour. Expand
  76. May 30, 2011
    I felt tricked- it wasn't what I had hoped or expected- the NPC interactions were rudimentary, the multiplayer wasn't interactive (if another player tried to participate in my world by speaking with NPC's there was a chance the game would lock up.), and much much more. If this is where they intend this franchise to go, I won't be purchasing another game in this series.
  77. May 31, 2011
    A depressingly bad game. Humor is pressed and the good/evil choices are simplistic in design while the game remains shorter than ever. The game is incredibly easy with absolutely no challenge for anyone over the age of 5.
  78. Jun 6, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Huge fan of the first Fable game, not-so-huge fan of the 2nd game. But I had to give Fable III a try. After about 15 hours of gameplay, I had some pc issues and had to reinstall my os. I tried my best to backup the savegames but the result was "corrupted savegame." This got me furious, I had to start all over again. So I did, and I played trough it. I did just about everything. Collected 50 gnomes. 50 Silver keys. /Spoiler sort of: I even managed to make all the good decisions AND save the entire people. Yet, the feeling I was left with in the end was disappointment and regret. Too many aspects of disappointment in a game I regret I ever played! The Fable series have pretty much been heading downhill since the 1st game, and this is no exception. I am not sure the game could be made any more noob-friendly, and that is NOT a good thing. Anti-aliasing setting is melted together with other effects, such as bloom. The inventory system is just weird: The sanctuary can hold all the weapons in the entire world, but it can't hold a pie and a celery at the same time. I can purchase warrior armor for as little as 12k and it offers no more protection than running around naked. It is impossible to get killed. The story and the characters are boring. Final boss and ending was disappointing. The graphics are cartoonish, and should've been better. Combat is no improvement. "Summon creatures" and "slow" time are potions.... Just to make the spellweaving system possible (which is hyped up bs.) Too many kill, retrieve or escort quests. Lip sync, no such thing. I never got the feeling this was connected to any of the earlier Fable games. I wanted to know what happened to the spire, and what Theresa did with it. And why did my character go trough a long and scary cave to get the first guild seal, when I can get one just by touching random people. I am not sure if it is an object or experience. Somehow the game kept me bewitched until I completed it. I can't deny the fact that it was entertaining. The humor is familiar. Some references to the previous games. (Chesty's games) But I think pretty much every negative thing that has been said or written about this game is true. Expand
  79. Jun 15, 2011
    VERY disappointed in this game... really anticipated it seeing that i played a counted 400 hours of the lost chapters.. Its combat is fun but a bit button mashy and repetitive after a while.. graphics are very nice if you have the system to play it... as for the bad parts of the game, it is VERY short game and lacks depth, *spoiler warning* where you become king you would have keptVERY disappointed in this game... really anticipated it seeing that i played a counted 400 hours of the lost chapters.. Its combat is fun but a bit button mashy and repetitive after a while.. graphics are very nice if you have the system to play it... as for the bad parts of the game, it is VERY short game and lacks depth, *spoiler warning* where you become king you would have kept promises before and you can choose to keep them by trying to make the kingdom better (VERY expensive but people will love you and you get good points) or you can choose to break them (this is the evil side people will hate you BUT you will have A LOT of money), i chose to play the good side of things and it turned out to saved the kingdom from an attack i had to make 6,500000 gold. Now that will add many hours to the game but very BORING hours. *end of spoiler warning*
    Coop is awful... its very hard to get a game where someone doesnt kick you out of theirs and if you do try and join a game you need the exact same dlcs as they do (sucks for me cause i have pre ordered free items) My recomendation: Buy the first fable (Fable: The Lost Chapters) and play that.. it has much more depth is much more enjoyable and an overall better game.
  80. Jan 11, 2013
    I am super impressed with this game! Its nothing less than amazing! How they took this unique world, beautiful universe and KILLED IT! THEY F*CKING RUINED IT. Dont buy this ever. Ever! How People can like this is beyond me. Any critic reccomending this is either extremely high, hates money pr is getting paid by developers. This game derserves a 0 score anytime
  81. Aug 2, 2014
    The game wasn't terrible, but it wasn't great either. Combat is repeatable and relatively boring. The story line is decent enough, but there wasn't anything unique enough about this game to really make eager to play it.
  82. May 26, 2011
    in the realm of console rpgs fable 3 stands near the top, but in the realm of computer rpgs it's trash. combat is repetitive and didn't challenge me even on the higher difficulty settings. Also the story is pretty lacking so there is really no need to get this game on the computer. get it for xbox it's much more enjoyable. let's be serious here, if you want to play an rpg on the computerin the realm of console rpgs fable 3 stands near the top, but in the realm of computer rpgs it's trash. combat is repetitive and didn't challenge me even on the higher difficulty settings. Also the story is pretty lacking so there is really no need to get this game on the computer. get it for xbox it's much more enjoyable. let's be serious here, if you want to play an rpg on the computer go for dragon age origins, the witcher 2 or WOW. this game just isn't worth my time. Expand
  83. Jun 3, 2011
    I was really anticipating this game. But then, when it finally comes out to PC.. Well, in short words its just fail for me. I was, and i am now, fan of F:LC but this is nothing. For 1, its to easy, hell.. Hero cant even die, half of cool-looking RPG elemets just got dumped, and then there's a story, its just NOTHING, really. And well.. I guess i just dont like such "Kiddo-tales" any more.
  84. Jun 11, 2011
    A very lighthearted and fun RPG. Great voice work and a brilliant setting let down with a casual fighting system and poor storytelling. The content has been extremely dumbed down since Fable 2 resulting in the game feeling empty and small. Its a popcorn game really... The thing to buy just to waste some time.
  85. May 21, 2011
    If you have played the Xbox 360 version, you may have noticed bugs, long load times, and framerate skipping. Annoying right? Well the PC version has fixed all of that and has even added upon the fable 3 experience, with all the DLC included right out of the box, a new "hardcore" mode, superior Mouse and Keyboard controls, and the stunning new Nvidia 3D functionality. Pros: -Majority ofIf you have played the Xbox 360 version, you may have noticed bugs, long load times, and framerate skipping. Annoying right? Well the PC version has fixed all of that and has even added upon the fable 3 experience, with all the DLC included right out of the box, a new "hardcore" mode, superior Mouse and Keyboard controls, and the stunning new Nvidia 3D functionality. Pros: -Majority of game bugs fixed with PC release -Hardcore mode actually adds enjoyment to this game for the gamers who found the 360 release to be too easy. -3D mode is very stunning -Support a wide variety of Xbox 360 controllers -New graphical details added exclusively for PC -Achievements (if you care about those, I don't) -Mouse and Keyboard works great Cons: -Still too easy (no real penalty for dying other than loss of guild points) -Some minor GFWL interface issues (don't listen to the other reviews, game works fine and this isn't as big of an issue as they claim) -Can't choose the expressions you want when interacting with other character like in Fable 2 -Crossplatform co-op is not included Final words: Don't listen to the negative reviews, if you have a gaming PC (or even a decent PC for that matter) and a Xbox 360 gaming console, buy this PC version. It's pretty much better in every way unless you have friends that only own the Xbox 360 version and even then this game is still enjoyable by yourself. Expand
  86. May 22, 2011
    Good:
    - it finally came out on the PC
    - an RPG that has a sense of humor ~~Bad: - graphics are bad; it's not completely bad but at least the graphics should have been enhanced for the PC platform. - economy system is trash; players can earn millions of gold but there isn't really anything that is worth buying. - a story that is empty and bland; save the country and that's it.
    Good:
    - it finally came out on the PC
    - an RPG that has a sense of humor

~~Bad:
    - a story that is empty and bland; save the country and that's it.

~~Conclusion:
    it is not worth the full price.
  87. May 26, 2011
    Fable 3 got its moments but it is a very average story most of the time.

This game is very easy, it becomes so easy that it almost gets annoying. You donâ
  88. Jun 2, 2011
    This game is overhyped garbage that was rushed to release and the game suffers from crippling bugs because of it. The game looks bad, the sound is forgettable, the combat is way to easy, the story is blah. *sigh*
    There is no real map...at all. You must rely on buggy golden pathways to get about. I've said enough, save yourself some money and don't buy this game. Play the Witcher 2 or Dragon age 2 instead. =)
  89. Jun 6, 2011
    So many issues, where to start. The game is too easy. You cant die, you only lose some kind of progress toward your objective. The interactions with the ai inhabitants are limited, I.E very superficial and based on economics like having to all ways give something to make people happy. Its too easy to get gold in this game so it doesn't feel like you are accomplishing anything acceptSo many issues, where to start. The game is too easy. You cant die, you only lose some kind of progress toward your objective. The interactions with the ai inhabitants are limited, I.E very superficial and based on economics like having to all ways give something to make people happy. Its too easy to get gold in this game so it doesn't feel like you are accomplishing anything accept bordem. all the items in the game is like a girl you dont know giving you candy all the time, you dont have to work for it, and that for the most part is really insulting. It still feels like a console port even though they said it was changed for the pc. The list goes on and on and on not a very well designed game IMHO and a waste of money. Expand
  90. Jun 13, 2011
    Repetitive relationship quests that compare to an MMO grind fest. Too many similar looking NPCs. Unbalanced combat system. Feels more like a platformer than an RPG. The humor is nice when you start, but gets old real quick.
  91. Jul 16, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I love Fable. In fact - Im somewhat of a fangirl. With that - before I could play, I had to make some sort of Microsoft account. I had a ton of issues so I had to call support. After 2 hours on hold, someone helps me and I got the account thing set up.

I start playing and it say's I have a illegal copy. I call support back with a shorter hold time (30 mins). Im kinda upset - he asked where I got it from, and trouble shoots me. After doing some technical stuff (I have no clue what he made me do) but it worked! Im happy now. I get to playing and after beating it. (It didnt take too long, maybe 2 - 3 days off and on), I was disappointed. It didn't feel like an RPG really. And please - do not get me started on the "collect 10 million gold" part....

Anyways - the game was ok, but I want more! It's missing something, but I dont know what.
  92. Jan 23, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Fable 3 is a game with many problems, Firstly being it was over hyped making it doomed it to fall form the beginning. This is no real surprise as nearly all Fable games have suffered similar issues. Secondly the games Fighting system not being varied enough with a basic 2 button system. But even with it many flaws (those being the worst) it is a fun game with an engaging story line with some brilliant humour that just adds to the experience. Once you have become King people do start to recognise that unlike other games but at the same time you will still have to do meaning less task for gold or to progress the story. This is what dooms it in a way is the final money grind that you have to do to get the best outcome for the kingdom, this can be very dull but once your through it it feels very satisfying in general. Great game, and easy to pick up cheap for around 8 to 15£. Expand
  93. Jun 5, 2013
    The only thing keeping this game from getting a 5 or lower is the fact that I somehow managed to play for 120 hours Three full playthroughs I suppose I was under the delusion that I had missed a large chunk of the optional missions, But I was wrong... 3 separate times. Combat is entertaining enough but grows repetitive quickly, the weapon evolution and limited weapon styles changesThe only thing keeping this game from getting a 5 or lower is the fact that I somehow managed to play for 120 hours Three full playthroughs I suppose I was under the delusion that I had missed a large chunk of the optional missions, But I was wrong... 3 separate times. Combat is entertaining enough but grows repetitive quickly, the weapon evolution and limited weapon styles changes little in the long run. The story is quick, I found myself detached more often then I should in an RPG. And the NPC interactions are absolutely ridicules and detract from the game greatly. Nothing says royalty more then Farting in somebody's' face or romantically dancing with a man...They love me they really love me. The game is playable, and forgettable; I played through multiple times in the hopes that I had missed something, I didn't; and neither will you if you decide to pass this one up. Expand
  94. Dec 10, 2013
    Fable III would've been the most unfairly hated game of generation 7 if Mass Effect 3 hadn't stolen its title.

Series creator Peter "God of Hype" Molyneux promised things that will still be impossible when Fable 7 arrives for the Xbox Three. The problem is that people tend to compare Fable III against its own hype, rather than as a game on its own merits. The combat is most likely

The combat is most likely the weak point of this title. It's "X" for swords, "Y" for guns and "B" for spells and all three are the same. Press the button to attack, hold the button to charge. There is little strategy or variance, just mash buttons until the enemies all die.

Despite being labeled an RPG, Fable III has more in common with Zelda than Skyrim. The leveling works on the 'road to rule' you're experience points are called guild seals, and you use them to open treasure chests on the road to rule, which unlock abilities. However, the game only lets you open so many chests based on where you are in the main quest, so there is little point in grinding. Besides, you're almost certain to have every ability before the game ends anyway.

The storyline itself is pretty basic the player assumes the role of the Prince/Princess, and your brother is an evil tyrant King. Gather the loyalty of people through the kingdom so you can replace him as monarch. On the other hand, the characters and dialogue are very well written. Most of the characters you meet on both the main and side quests are interesting and fun to listen to. While the main quest takes itself very seriously, the side quests are the polar opposite and provide comic relief. Want to help some actors get the script to a horrible play from the ghost of its creator? No really, that's a quest. You can also help a pair of ghosts goof off and party, release a swarm of insulting gnomes into the world, and trick an evil spouse into adultery so their partner can get a divorce.

The moral choices are the highlight of the game, which both helps and hurts this title. The basic idea is you need to make 'evil' choices to raise the money to ultimately save the kingdom ie, if you want to to the right thing and save the people, you MUST make decisions that will make the people you're saving hate you. Pretty cool, but the game tries its best to make difficult decisions look like polar options. It doesn't help that every choice is labeled with pretty lights or demon fire, but the real issue is the illogical options and effects of some choices. For example at one point you have the option to raise taxes, lower them, or keep them the same. Why does lowering taxes literally cost money to do? It should just mean you gain less money than with higher taxes. And is there some reason I cannot build both an orphanage and a brothel?

Overall, I enjoy this game. Whether you will depends on what you're expecting. If you believe even 5% of what Peter said, or expect an exciting action rpg, look elsewhere. But if you like fun quests, funny characters and sheer fun over technical quality, you might enjoy this game too.
  95. Nov 11, 2013
    I can say this goes on the list of the worst games ever made. Repetitive, so easy Crappy pause menu I don't see how you can like this. talking to someone in the game is just stupid, horrible a.i., Back track. I don't recommend it, save your money.
  96. Jun 10, 2011
    I thought it was going to be a great game. It seemed very childish to me. It seems geared toward a younger crowd. I feel it's a total waste of money. The trailer with the chicken is the greatest thing about the game. Very disappointed.....
  97. Jul 27, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. At times this game manages to be depressingly linear while at the same time impossible to play without the help of the golden trail. However, it is still good fun. The story has an amusing twist in the middle and some of the quests are really good. But I guess the studio expects you to have ADD; the final battle takes like ten minutes. I was still disappointed in the story several times. Spoiler: I (armed to the teeth) stood there pusillanimously impassive while one of my companions gets publicly (publicly!) shot by one (one!!) palace guard. What the hell?! One of my friends, a professional soldier veteran (guess what? armed to the teeth as well) is even standing next to me.
    The economy system allowed me to become millionaire long before I even got halfway through the game, but what is the point? There is nothing you can buy more costly than about 15 k.
    The fighting system was amusing though. While this game is completely dwarfed in every aspect when compared to say, an Elder Scrolls Title, it managed to make a mildly amusing sword-fighting system. Magic and Guns were not done so well though.
    The weakest point however is the end: It leaves you feel alone and disappointed. I've played games where I played dozens, hundreds even, of hours after the story line was finished, but here I had nothing to do after half an hour...
    Overall (with everything done) game time approximately 25 hours.
    I was certainly entertained but there are better games out there for you to buy.
  98. May 29, 2011
    Picked up this game after being a fan of the Lost Chapters (Fable 1). I had hopes that the developers were sincere in saying this wasn't a console port. I was wrong to put my faith in that. And now I've spent $50 on this game and I wish I could give it back. The graphics are bad. Not kill the game bad, but the ghosting/rendering is almost there. There are a ton of graphical bugs thatPicked up this game after being a fan of the Lost Chapters (Fable 1). I had hopes that the developers were sincere in saying this wasn't a console port. I was wrong to put my faith in that. And now I've spent $50 on this game and I wish I could give it back. The graphics are bad. Not kill the game bad, but the ghosting/rendering is almost there. There are a ton of graphical bugs that carried over from consoles; why weren't these fixed? The story is a bit bland and way too short considering the second half is....what it is. The interface is terrible; we're in clear console-port territory again here. Saving for example requires you to hit Esc and go to your sanctuary. Then go and click your game management menu. Then run through the Game management "room" to a save icon. Then save it. Yeesh.
    Overall a huge disappointment for me. And definitely not worth $50. Wait til this pile of garbage goes on sale for like 9.99 before even thinking about it.
  99. May 30, 2011
    Oh ... pretty cool game! I prefer Fable III than DA2. Definitely.
    Colorful world, nice graphics, interesting story, easy fight. This is not Fable 1, but still good entertainment.
  100. Jul 11, 2011
    Was expecting so much more!!

Was expecting so much more!!

Loved 1, missed out on 2 as i'm not a console gamers... 3 had such a great hype about it... but that's just it... it's all hype... Great names providing funny moments through voice acting isn't enough to carry a game... It's all one big attempt to sell you more stuff in-game, I have not finished it and don't think I will anytime soon. It was ok, and maybe more to other people's liking. But after the great stories and games like Mass Effect and Dragon age... it just falls short

1. Oct 19, 2011
    An excellent interactive fairy tale. Due to interesting moral choices, it has a lot of replay potential. [June 2011]
  2. Jul 12, 2011
    A competent example of a PC port and of an RPG, but its obsessions with consumerism dampens the adventure. [Aug 2011, p.100]
  3. Jul 10, 2011
    A fun, light-hearted romp, but one that pales in light of its predecessors. [Aug 2011, p.68]