5.4

1. WWN
    Jun 16, 2017
    I love this game, it have a beautiful atmosphere, the combat is realistic without strange movements, unless specific moments when you have great experience in combat, the IA is the better for its quantity and its quality that I have seen until now, and it's an unrepeatable videogame. I played this game 360 hours and now I regret myself because I don't buy DLC's when I could and now II love this game, it have a beautiful atmosphere, the combat is realistic without strange movements, unless specific moments when you have great experience in combat, the IA is the better for its quantity and its quality that I have seen until now, and it's an unrepeatable videogame. I played this game 360 hours and now I regret myself because I don't buy DLC's when I could and now I can't, maybe many mean people hate it, but I still love it. Expand
  2. Apr 27, 2017
    1.DLCs everywhere
    2.Too easy
    3.Gift system is not the best but it's the worst
    4.can't play with friends
    5.Waste of your hard earned money
    DO NOT BUY
  3. Apr 14, 2017
    Would have been a much better game if they didn't just port the damn thing, riddled with game breaking bugs. It could of been so much more. 150 motherf*cking characters.
  4. May 27, 2016
    Maybe Fable 3 is not so heavy RPG, no standart menus etc
    But its a very ORIGINAL game! Something NEW in game industry!
    Sanctuary are very brilliant idea - what game will have something like this??
    Also, a part, when Hero become a king is my favourite!

PC Version is better on fps and graphics.
  5. May 6, 2016
    The Fable franchise has always been one of m y favorite game series that has come out. The first two games were originally more of a sandbox style RPG, where the game allowed you to do most of what you wanted, while still managing to keep a consistent story.

I'd like to say you can expect more of the same from Fable 3, but that'd be a lie. Fable 3 is a much more streamlined game experience. While this isn't always a bad thing, there is a lot of things missing from Fable 3 that we have come to expect from the series.

One of my biggest complaints about Fable 3 is the LACK of equipment. Instead of window shopping for gear that might help you out, instead of possibly planning a heist on a building to get that gear you can't afford, instead Fable 3 only has a small selection of weapons and costumes you can unlock as you progress through the game.

There are a small selection of weapons you can buy in the shops, but they never fare any better then the "hero" weapons you get. You can unlock costumes through game progression, but they don't offer extra protection like in previous games.

I enjoyed Fable 3, don't get me wrong. But it just feels like a shallow, dumbed down version of what we would normally expect.
  6. Apr 21, 2016
    The worst game I have ever played
    The worst game I have ever played
    The original Fable was a huge guilty pleasure for me. Its tutorial wasn't too long, and in a matter of about 2 hours you could have a house, spouse, and all sorts of other things that would take weeks to obtain in other western RPG's. Then I played Fable III. Oh boy! It seems like everything in this game was created specifically to aggravate the player. All interactions with NPC's requiere a holding the action button followed by an awkward transition to an awkward character interaction plane of existence. When you finally are able to interact with another character, you don't have all that much control over what action you perform. You might plan on shaking hands, only to make vulgar gestures at the NPC you were trying to marry. I'm focusing most on the character interaction because the efficiency Fable I had in that area was my favorite thing about that game (which I do admit had a lot of flaws). As far as the combat goes, many people complain that it is too easy. While they might be right, for me at least, it's just disappointing. Combat no longer rewards you with gold, so you have to engage in mini-games (which entail QTE's) in order to earn money. (I guess this was something introduced in Fable II, but I really don't like it). You have a dog counter part, but it doesn't help with combat. Its sole purpose is to find chests, and they don't ever contain useful items such as weapons. To be able to do most things in the game you have to warp to special level-up area, to get abilities like marriage or having kids, which don't feel natural coming from the same place where you upgrade combat skills. Lastly, the overall tone of the game is weirdly inconsistent. The opening cutscene is trying to depict a depressing industrial age England, but it keeps cutting back to clips of cartoonish chickens. This is because the game is narrated from the perspective of ...chickens? I ate chicken at the end of one sidequest, and the game called me "a monster" for it. Well, I guess my monsterousness explains this review.
  7. Apr 9, 2016
    Does the developer think we have never played an rpg before in our lives? Does the developer not know there are other rpgs out there in the market? Probably not and therefore... This game's developer, Lionhead Studios is now history!!! Nobody else's fault but their own. Fable being their core franchise, it should have evolved and moved forward. But with every installment the game isDoes the developer think we have never played an rpg before in our lives? Does the developer not know there are other rpgs out there in the market? Probably not and therefore... This game's developer, Lionhead Studios is now history!!! Nobody else's fault but their own. Fable being their core franchise, it should have evolved and moved forward. But with every installment the game is lacking improvements, and not moving forward at all.... Being mediocre is what this developer was all about which led to their ultimate failure.

Now, lets talk Fable 3. When the game starts it's an instant fail. You choose either a male or female. That's your character creation. That's it. You won't be able to edit any facial part.... FAIL!

And throughout the opening, you get a few choices, or 'important' decisions. And guess what, It's either black or white. No gray or vague decisions..... FAIL!

Graphics - cartoonish and yet they couldn't get it right. The world isn't beautiful or unique... It's dull and boring more like. The colour scheme isn't vibrant. The environment and atmosphere are lacking... The world isn't alive and they want to call this open world?? FAIL!

NPCS are forgettable, lacking personalities. Romance is super lame. FAIL!

Combat equals spam left and right mouse button over and over. No strategy or tactic required. FAIL!

Addition of the sanctuary as a pitiful excuse for UI and menu incompetence. FAIL!

Dear Lionhead Studios, look at mirror to see what a fail is. And let me add insult to your recent injury. No one will miss you guys!!!
  8. May 18, 2015
  9. Nov 26, 2014
    This game is nothing like its predecessors. What made me love the Fable franchise was the way I can choose how my characters turns out. Watching my character age and choose which alignment he would follow was one of the best features I've ever had in a game. However, in this wretched game, your morale choices don't physically effect your character until you beat the game (and even then allThis game is nothing like its predecessors. What made me love the Fable franchise was the way I can choose how my characters turns out. Watching my character age and choose which alignment he would follow was one of the best features I've ever had in a game. However, in this wretched game, your morale choices don't physically effect your character until you beat the game (and even then all it does is make your characters grow blue or red wings whenever you flourish and then they disappear). You stay the same age the entire game and the only thing that you can really mess with is your weight/height etc. Being buff or tall doesn't even really become noticeable as you play through it. Everything you do involving your inventory or menu in general revolves round this function called the "Sanctuary" which is like a big room with many other rooms connected to it. Each room handles a different function like weapons, clothing, gold, etc. It's a HUGE waste of time and is just flat out annoying. NPC interactions are more boring than ever and offer you nothing valuable. The weapon and armor system is one of the most odd and distasteful systems I've played. Weapons morph to gain new physical traits and abilities when you successfully fill out a little quest it has (Like kill 50 Hobbes, kill 30 enemies while being fat, kill 40 undead, etc). Armor and clothing offer no stats for your characters and are simply for cosmetic purposes (but most are uglier than the others, so you'll probably be using one or two sets the entire game). The combat is dirt easy and there is no health bar. Literally the ONLY good things about this game are the visuals and the economy system. The game has a very pretty environment and nice detail to the world. The economy system becomes available later in the game and allows you to purchase buildings, renovate them, and set prices on them (like in Fable 2). Those two things are the only thing saving it from me giving this game a worse score than I did. I DO NOT recommend this game to anyone. Expand
  10. Oct 28, 2014
    it has some interesting ideas and originalities but the childish theme of fable series has taken over the gameplay making it the most stupidly easy game i've played. also these original ideas -for example the inventory system- is poorly executed. and on top of everything there is microsoft's in game purchases thing......
  11. Aug 2, 2014
    The game wasn't terrible, but it wasn't great either. Combat is repeatable and relatively boring. The story line is decent enough, but there wasn't anything unique enough about this game to really make eager to play it.
  12. Jul 26, 2014
    There are too many people who give this game a bad review based on other games. Fable is an RPG but it is one of a kind. I personally thought the games was just as good if not better than the first two.

One distinguishing feature of the game is its good and evil system. Throughout the entire game you get to make choices that are considered good or evil. If you stick with the same set of decisions your character eventually will change its appearance to a godly look or a devilish look. This has been this way since the first Fable. The combat system is fun and this game is not really meant to be a huge challenge. This game will make you feel like a bad ass. The magic system is awesome, far superior to most RPGs that I have played. This game has a more comical story than most and I consider that to be a good thing. A few hours of playing and you reach a town called Mourningwood. I mean common how can you not like that. Also, when walking around in a town, you may notice kids digging deep into their clothes to scratch an itch where the sun don't shine.

The environment is a major improvement and has much more exploration. In the first Fable there were only a few paths to chose from on every map. Well it's pretty much the same but it is not a line that branches off anymore. Now there are huge areas with many forks and areas where the whole map opens up and you could spend some time to unlock that maps features. You can also buy houses and rent them out and purchase shops as well. You can basically own a whole town if you have the money.

There are only a few downsides but they do not hinder your experience enough to want to up and quit. One thing is the UI. It is a little annoying at times with all of the press and hold options. Another thing is the NPC interaction. In the first two fables you could lure a whole town down into your bubble by making gestures. Now you are only able to do this to one person at a time and nobody really cares except the person you are talking to.

Overall I gave this game a 9 out of 10 because it is exactly what I expected from a Fable game with only a few minor downsides.
  13. Jul 9, 2014
    just finished fable 3 in all honesty i dident like it it felt extremely dumbed down compared to its predecessor fable the lost chapters
    (haven't played feble 2 so i cant compare it to that) i just felt extremely over casualised and i felt like the game devs were holding my hand the entire time.... -.- also the "living weapons" just felt like a general lazynnes of the devs so they wouldn't half to create more weapon models. the art style was kind of weird. in all i don't feel like the game brought anything new to the table as far as design and it honestly just pissed me off that lion head studios made a bad game it felt like they wanted quantity instead of quality and that their target audience was 13 year olds for a M rated game in the end i feel as though their first fable game was far superior to what has came after.
  14. Jan 17, 2014
    This is the WORST game I have ever paid for (including WarZ!). If you haven't been paid to play it, don't.
    I would list the atrocities that Lionhead committed in making this game, but 5000 characters isn't enough to even start the list.
    I have never felt so cheated out of my money. If you are thinking of buying this game, consider jumping off a tall building instead.
  15. Jan 9, 2014
    Fable III, very very buggy game, okay plot, terrible graphics for a teenies (2010-present) game! It looks like it was made in 2005! The first two were fabolous. I would rate it 5.3/10 or 57%
  16. Dec 28, 2013
    There are loads of reviews down there to read. So, because so many say what I would have wrote in this review-I'm just going to write my whole experience in a nutshell here: LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOADThere are loads of reviews down there to read. So, because so many say what I would have wrote in this review-I'm just going to write my whole experience in a nutshell here: LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN Expand
  17. Dec 10, 2013
    Fable III would've been the most unfairly hated game of generation 7 if Mass Effect 3 hadn't stolen its title.

Series creator Peter "God of Hype" Molyneux promised things that will still be impossible when Fable 7 arrives for the Xbox Three. The problem is that people tend to compare Fable III against its own hype, rather than as a game on its own merits. The combat is most likely

The combat is most likely the weak point of this title. It's "X" for swords, "Y" for guns and "B" for spells and all three are the same. Press the button to attack, hold the button to charge. There is little strategy or variance, just mash buttons until the enemies all die.

Despite being labeled an RPG, Fable III has more in common with Zelda than Skyrim. The leveling works on the 'road to rule' you're experience points are called guild seals, and you use them to open treasure chests on the road to rule, which unlock abilities. However, the game only lets you open so many chests based on where you are in the main quest, so there is little point in grinding. Besides, you're almost certain to have every ability before the game ends anyway.

The storyline itself is pretty basic the player assumes the role of the Prince/Princess, and your brother is an evil tyrant King. Gather the loyalty of people through the kingdom so you can replace him as monarch. On the other hand, the characters and dialogue are very well written. Most of the characters you meet on both the main and side quests are interesting and fun to listen to. While the main quest takes itself very seriously, the side quests are the polar opposite and provide comic relief. Want to help some actors get the script to a horrible play from the ghost of its creator? No really, that's a quest. You can also help a pair of ghosts goof off and party, release a swarm of insulting gnomes into the world, and trick an evil spouse into adultery so their partner can get a divorce.

The moral choices are the highlight of the game, which both helps and hurts this title. The basic idea is you need to make 'evil' choices to raise the money to ultimately save the kingdom ie, if you want to to the right thing and save the people, you MUST make decisions that will make the people you're saving hate you. Pretty cool, but the game tries its best to make difficult decisions look like polar options. It doesn't help that every choice is labeled with pretty lights or demon fire, but the real issue is the illogical options and effects of some choices. For example at one point you have the option to raise taxes, lower them, or keep them the same. Why does lowering taxes literally cost money to do? It should just mean you gain less money than with higher taxes. And is there some reason I cannot build both an orphanage and a brothel?

Overall, I enjoy this game. Whether you will depends on what you're expecting. If you believe even 5% of what Peter said, or expect an exciting action rpg, look elsewhere. But if you like fun quests, funny characters and sheer fun over technical quality, you might enjoy this game too.
  18. Dec 8, 2013
    The game itself may be good but it simply has way too many technical issues (really poor PC port). To start with: if you enable v-sync you'll be capped at 30 fps no matter what your refresh rate. Of course you can disable v-sync but then you'll get horrible tearing. Also the frame rate is really inconsistent even with v-sync off even on hardware that's way more powerful than the game requires.
  19. Nov 30, 2013
    How to get your money back? You can't, but you can get your money's worth. Simply grab some lighter fluid and matches and set it on fire. Don't give to a friend. Don't return to the store (you'll only get ~50 cents for it). If you love your family and friends, don't waste any of their time with such a bug ridden game, overly simplistic weapon system (sword vs axe, pistol vs rifle). IHow to get your money back? You can't, but you can get your money's worth. Simply grab some lighter fluid and matches and set it on fire. Don't give to a friend. Don't return to the store (you'll only get ~50 cents for it). If you love your family and friends, don't waste any of their time with such a bug ridden game, overly simplistic weapon system (sword vs axe, pistol vs rifle). I bought the game 2 years after its release, and it crashed during a chicken race, 1 hour into the game. Whats even worse? You can't go to a previous save because it saves automatically, with no option to save in other slots. Hands down, the worst game I ever played and wasn't even worth the $8 I payed for it on Black Friday last year. This grossly over hyped, half-baked game is now dead to me. Expand
  20. Nov 13, 2013
    Where's all my save file???? This xxxxx has a fatal bug and makes you crazy.
    Don't buy this! Even 75% discount on steam.
    I'm level5 steam user and steam throws this poop. Thank you!
  21. Nov 12, 2013
    Runs pretty badly, even on a great system but the story and game itself are very enjoyable. At least to the point where I could be bothered to complete it. This is definitely the ugly stepchild of the series though.
  22. Nov 11, 2013
    I can say this goes on the list of the worst games ever made. Repetitive, so easy Crappy pause menu I don't see how you can like this. talking to someone in the game is just stupid, horrible a.i., Back track. I don't recommend it, save your money.
  23. Nov 11, 2013
    The Fable saga has been ruined since the release of Fable 2. Some people say that Fable 2 was ok, but imo it is horrible. I couldn't play it more than once. Fable 3 is goddamn awful. Just watch a gameplay video and you will see what I mean. Even worse for PC gamers since this is a horrible port.

What happened to you Lionhead? You made the amazing Fable: Lost Chapters and then you up an entire saga.
  24. Nov 10, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I'd say this game is overall pleasant, but it could've been more.
    The story is your standard simple "save the world from a tyrant"-fantasy cliché. It's not interesting, but it will keep you focused. You may choose the gender of your protagonist, which is refreshing; and you'll also meet some moral dilemmas throughout the story simplified into good or evil. These decisions won't affect much more than your alignment early on, as the decisions often may SOUND important, but poses as minor events later that you'll forget about soon enough.

The fighting is simple, you'll choose from three different types of weapons that you may use as you please, although it seemed to me that the ranged variants were a lot more efficient, especially late-game. The fights has a nice pace to them, but are seldom that challenging. The amount of fighting you do feels balanced; though the rewards may feel a bit lackluster. The weapons you'll find, or buy, won't be doing you much if you don't upgrade them. And by upgrade, I mean doing chores such as killing 300 hollowmen for the specific weapon you hold to be better at killing more hollowmen. Other weapons will only activate their special powers through dubious chores including online involvement which feels more as a way for the developers to reward people who've bought the game while punishing those who illegally downloaded it; than actually involve you in any interesting gameplay.

You may also dress your character as you please, in a range of different clothing styles. But they are all just clothing, and won't make much of a difference in combat. This is both a good and a bad thing; as it's nice to customize your character any way you want; but you'll sometimes wish there was any way to upgrade yourself for combat.

The game mixes a relaxed but serious attitude with extreme quirkiness that sometimes come off as witty, and sometimes as just dumb. Sometimes it breaks immersion, such as when you interact with NPC's and it feels over the top. Other times, it may add to the experience, such as a quest where you're stuck inside a tabletop RPG.

As for the main story, I have two problems with it in particular. One thing is that it takes for granted that you do care for some of the characters. The truth is that you don't get to know them well enough until you're supposed to care for them; and you'll ever only see one side of them. They are all very obvious clichés though, so I doubt there would be much to know of them besides the obvious stereotypes.

The other part is that the game takes a new direction story wise during the ending. You think that you're about to win, when you're suddenly facing a new threat that's comes very unexplained and sudden. It's nice in one way, as this changes the gameplay style a bit. But as you progress through this problem, you're supposed to collect money; but a few hastily clicks away and your missing out on the possibility as the game doesn't explain to you that the story will proceed without any going back.

During this time of the story, you will probably start to explore the many different functions of the game. You may buy houses, either to live in or to collect rent from. You may get married and have kids, and you may just focus on exploring the world as you wish. There's loads to do and see, but many functions are mediocre at best. They sound good on paper, but aren't very interesting or advanced once you get into it. The game has it's strength in it's questing rather than in the crammed in extra functions.

But it's an overall big game, and it will bring you a lot of entertainment if you can see past some of the shallow aspects it has.
  25. Oct 13, 2013
    Technical Issues[6]
    ------------------------------------
    Over All[5.8]
  26. Sep 15, 2013
    I was really excited about this game, but when it was released it got boring INCREDIBLY fast. The gamers were promised to feel powerfull while playing the game. All I felt was that the enemies were too weak. There's no real penalties for dying. The story sucks. This game must be the worst in the trilogy.
  27. Sep 15, 2013
    Hands down one of the Worst Games out there, I Loved the first Fable and the 2nd but this...but the 3rd installment, to me they have just made everything easier for the player but as a result have destroyed the Game Mechanics, here are just some of the problems, also I played and finished this on the 360:

1/ Combat is broken, there is actually no need for the player to use Melee combat since the animation is way too slow and clunky.

2/ Another is the absence of the expressions, I mean where is, 'Follow' and 'Wait'?!? Its much more useful then the 'Hand-Holding system', and Holding a Male NPC just feels kinda wrong, even for a King Of Albion...

3/ Customization, Cosmetics, Costumes, Dyes and so forth are limited throughout the game, less freedom really made me sad in this game.

4/ The in game Menu System, when I Hear about this, I thought it was a really cool idea and the map was really neat looking, but upon using the interface, its really time consuming, what I mean by that is, walking over, to items and checking and equipping it, takes too long even if there are 'Hot-Keys'...

5/ Cutting out the Little things...what I mean, is the Bar games, the fact that buying things are limited and selling things are a pain, not to mention transferring items and gifts to other player

There are heaps more reasons that this game falls short for a 3rd installment of the Fable series.
    The Visual are nice and I won't mention the Bugs and Glitches since they are present in all games.
  28. Aug 5, 2013
    The issues with Fable 3 are very simple to know even for a New comer to Fable Franchise. Me being an old player of Fable 1 find it difficult to digest the Fable 3 !

Pros: -Good Voice Acting. -Visuals were Better (than Fable 1 ofcourse). -The world looked bigger and enormous. Cons. -Lengthy Quests to do a very SIMPLE task. -The morality of one's choices don't affect game that

Pros:
    -Good Voice Acting.
    -Visuals were Better (than Fable 1 ofcourse).
    -The world looked bigger and enormous.

Cons.
    -Lengthy Quests to do a very SIMPLE task.
    -The morality of one's choices don't affect game that much as it did in previous games.
    -Mana system for spells was removed, which made the combat less fun and more repetitive.
    -The mouse was not well worked out in the PC port because it was slow and laggy to aim with Guns sometimes.
    -The health bar of enemies did not show, making it really annoying to guess when a certain enemy would die.
    -After a while the combat got boring because of spamming of spells.
  29. Jul 19, 2013
    JOKE

"Nota: To activate the downloadable content after your purchase, launch Fable III and copy the Product Code from the Steam overlay into your clipboard. Once the game launches and the Gamertag sign-in process completes, press the Home key to bring up the Games for Windows Live overlay. Click Gamertag, select Redeem Code, and paste in the Product Code to initiate the download
    JOKE

"Nota:
    To activate the downloadable content after your purchase, launch Fable III and copy the Product Code from the Steam overlay into your clipboard. Once the game launches and the Gamertag sign-in process completes, press the Home key to bring up the Games for Windows Live overlay. Click Gamertag, select Redeem Code, and paste in the Product Code to initiate the download process."

This is a joke, the game is cool, but I stopped buying because I am forced to do something they do not agree and did not get the game for free!! I'm paying for it! Microsoft!!
  30. Jul 19, 2013
    You cant die..... 0 challenge, Awful generic story, poor gameplay mechanics and to top it off a simpled down EVERYTHING from inventory to character interaction.
  31. Jul 16, 2013
    I liked Fable 3 when i played through it for the first time with my brother but when we completed it and finished most of the good content i just could not bring myself to load it up again, many months later i watched Angry Joes top 32 reasons fable 3 sucks and realized some of these things were my problems
    pros: art style, setting is cool with this old 18th century steampunk idea which is something not really used, lots of fun content, funny dialogue (shut up ben) economy is pretty cool, your dog being named after your dog,
    cons: the game is too easy, disappointing conclusion for both villains, overpowered magic, gold rains from the sky when you don't need it but is so scarce when you do need it, dlc co op restrictions, navigation is awful, no repair all for your economy you need to go around individually fixing everything, being the king was kind of lame, final battle countdown, npc interactions
    while these things stopped me from replaying the game withought me even knowing them i cant deny i did enjoy the game during my time playing it. you know normally franchises get better as they go on but apparently fable and fable 2 are better then fable 3
  32. Jul 10, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. ok this is gonna sound like a massive contradiction...

If you like the fable series youa re going to like this 3 rd game, buuuuut if you like the fable series you are gonna hate this 3rd game.

Now let me explain.
    The good
    Story is fable-ish: Check
    Fable style humor:" Check
    Fable style animations that don't get dull even if the process of activating them is: Check
    combat is same action based combat as fable 2: Check

The bad
    the game is long that's a no this is by far the briefest entry in the fable series (will explain later)
    does it include the massive options that past fable games did sort of but not quite
    do you get that fuzzy caring feeling about the npcs NO
    character options? some but it falls short waaaayy short

Long version:

The game has a nice story and it spices it up with the typical humor found in lionhead games like the preivous fable games and the black and white series. the combat is exactly like fable 2's which is a good thing. However it suffers from various glaring issues. first off the main story is extremely short. I mean "wow-did-I-just-finish-this-game?" kind of short. Fable 2 took me a month of about 4-6 hours a day game play to beat the main quest on. Fable 3, I finished its main quest in 4 days and that's counting a restart so I could go back and make more gold for being a good king. that brings me to point B. The game is brutally punishing to players that don't enterprise with real estate early in the game and decide they want to be good. if you don't have a lot of money going into being a king then you will have to be a total evil douche bag ruler to save as many civilans as possible. hence why I restarted my game and then played "monopoly" with the in game real estate a few days before going back to being king in my second play through.

Now my third point of tension the time allotted to being king once you become king (or queen) the game blows by like a mild breeze on a hot summer day. they give you "365" days till the darkness invades the land yet if you make the mistake of "rushing through your kingly duties in a timely manner as your npc helper suggest you do, you find yourself in the final battle long before the actual days countdown has completed. I literally finished the second half of this game in a matter of 2 hours.

now on to other less "revealing" complaints

Clothing weapons and other cool gear ...

there a bit here but after playing fable 2 the amount of options in fable 3 seem like a bad joke. Seriously lionhead??? it uses same engine as fable 2 why not just toss in the fable 2 cloths and weapons that alone would have made this ten times better.

emotions /animations

the emoting is HORRIBLY HORRIBLY Crippled compared to fable 2. in fable 2 you could easily select any emote you have unlocked on command you didn't even need to be talking to any one in particular not with fable 3 in fable 3 you have to press a (or enter) to "interact" with a very specific npc and you are given a shoddy auto selection for emotes for good bad and neutral reactions. these also seem to randomly change as you perform each one its just ridiculous that they went form fable 2's really nice emote system to this crippled slop.

Now I own the console version of this game. but I doubt they fixed much on pc and the only reason I could see getting this on pc for is better performance if you have a high dollar machine. as it stands this game even slows down and pulls stutters on the xbox 360 despite the fact that the engine was tuned for the console and fable 2 ran fine on 360. I got my copy free as part of MS's games for gold promotion. but I stil don't see a reason to get this on pc if you already have it on xbox and don't get me wrong I avhe bought quite a few games on both pc and xbox versions when their pc counter part offers some worth while benefits. this game doesn't from what I've seen. Lion Head should have just released fable 2 for PC and saved themselves the bad reputation they got for putting this game out.

I give it a 4 for story and the fact I did make it through the game wanting more at the end. but the problem is the "wants" just out weigh the "gots" with this game so 4 is all its getting from me
  33. Jul 8, 2013
    I'll start this off with mentioning the fact i played both 1 and 2. Fable one i loved so much I no lifed it and beat it in less than 24 hours. 2 was even better since there was a larger selection. Moral choices, earning money and weapons are what made this game and they screwed both aspects up.

Weapons: -They reduced the selection of weapons -All weapons were fairly balanced with

Weapons:
    -They reduced the selection of weapons

-All weapons were fairly balanced with minimal differences between them so no point in changing.

-All weapons upgrade with you through game so even less reason to change them. you can stay with your first weapon for entire game.

Earning money

-more jobs which is nice and improved house system

-point in earning money and becoming a mogul is removed since THERE IS NO POINT IN CHANGING WEAPONS. why earn money to buy badass weapons when there is no badass weapons to buy anymore

Morality
    -End of game is essentially not about whether you were good or evil throughout game but what you want to do in the end. If you are broke you are forced to go with evil options... if your rich you can buy your way into sainthood and choose good options

Basically in the process of making the game easy and streamlined for new players they killed the game for anyone willing to put time into it.
  34. Jun 6, 2013
    Fable Lost Chapters was far better than this. Sure it has nice story and pretty fairy tale graphic, but its linear as hell and most of things that I liked in first Fable are torn out and replaced with console optimized BS: no inventory, no variety of weapons and spells (just light weapon, heavy weapon, gun and magic glove) no interacting with people like it was in LC, no rare items, onlyFable Lost Chapters was far better than this. Sure it has nice story and pretty fairy tale graphic, but its linear as hell and most of things that I liked in first Fable are torn out and replaced with console optimized BS: no inventory, no variety of weapons and spells (just light weapon, heavy weapon, gun and magic glove) no interacting with people like it was in LC, no rare items, only few side quests, terrible UI for consoles on PC port. Expand
  35. Jun 5, 2013
    The only thing keeping this game from getting a 5 or lower is the fact that I somehow managed to play for 120 hours Three full playthroughs I suppose I was under the delusion that I had missed a large chunk of the optional missions, But I was wrong... 3 separate times. Combat is entertaining enough but grows repetitive quickly, the weapon evolution and limited weapon styles changesThe only thing keeping this game from getting a 5 or lower is the fact that I somehow managed to play for 120 hours Three full playthroughs I suppose I was under the delusion that I had missed a large chunk of the optional missions, But I was wrong... 3 separate times. Combat is entertaining enough but grows repetitive quickly, the weapon evolution and limited weapon styles changes little in the long run. The story is quick, I found myself detached more often then I should in an RPG. And the NPC interactions are absolutely ridicules and detract from the game greatly. Nothing says royalty more then Farting in somebody's' face or romantically dancing with a man...They love me they really love me. The game is playable, and forgettable; I played through multiple times in the hopes that I had missed something, I didn't; and neither will you if you decide to pass this one up. Expand
  36. May 30, 2013
    Bought the game from steam couldnt even get to play it since microsofts account thing would just die on me all time made account but it wouldnt regonize it GG 0/10
  37. May 27, 2013
    I don't know what these negative voters are, but they certainly ain't human!
    This game is AWESOME
    Great graphics, great atmosphere, plays smooth, haven't encountered 1 bug! I never played 1&2 and my guess is many negative voters did cuz that's about the only reason i can see to give it a lesser score. Some nerd even called this the worst game ever loooooool are you kidding me!!!!
    I don't know what these negative voters are, but they certainly ain't human!
    This game is AWESOME

Great graphics, great atmosphere, plays smooth, haven't encountered 1 bug!
    I never played 1&2 and my guess is many negative voters did cuz that's about
    the only reason i can see to give it a lesser score. Some nerd even called this
    the worst game ever loooooool are you kidding me!!!!

Buy it, get it, now! It is awesome!
  38. May 9, 2013
    This game is a mixed bag.
    As a console port this game has really low-res textures that sometimes hurt the eye... but sometimes I was simply enjoying the view and colours of the locations I've came across.
    The other thing everyone would suspect will be terrible controls... are actually pretty good. I never had an issue with them, mouse works nicely no issue here. The story is linear
    This game is a mixed bag.

The story is linear but that doens't mean it's terrible, it's decent enough to not stand in your way...
    "In your way while You are doing what?" somebody may ask?
    And I say... hacking and slashing, doing sidequests, exploring... Have to say that despite locations are not very big exploring is actually really fun. Sidequests are well written and enjoyable.

The RPG elements of this game... have very little relevance.

The game overall is... average, but if You'll just take off Your brakes of seriousness, You'll be able to enjoy this game and maybe even get orgasmic about wonderful soundtrack this game has.
  39. May 1, 2013
    Overall a very lackluster game- I loved fable, liked fable 2 (loved aside from the ending really), and hated fable 3.

There were very few gear/weapon choices, the magic was changed dramatically (in a bad way), the gameplay was insanely easy and monotonous, and the story was not very interesting.

Not worth playing.
  40. Apr 29, 2013
    The Fable series can be best summarized as great ambitions crippled by the lack of proper execution of them. Peter Molyneux (the dev team leader) and his team have put some good ideas in front the gamers, but the way they were implemented in the game has made the game worse not better.

First of All, The good in the game : -High production value. This game truly looks like a mature

First of All, The good in the game :
    -High production value. This game truly looks like a mature fairy tale
    -Storyline Yeah, its not great but its passable, and that's saying a lot in this day and age!

Now let us look at the bad (most of them came from good intention of the devs i am sure)
    -The 'golden bread crumbs trail' of finding the next objective. The intention behind this was clearly to have gamers avoid pulling up there maps time and again so that they could be more immersed in the world. But unfortunately, this same mechanism proves to be distracting from the world of Albion itself (Since you are constantly focusing on the golden trail, you'll not notice the hard work put into the world itself.

-The Sanctuary this also was supposed to act like your map, your inventory screen, your quest log rolled all into one, but fails miserably. Obviously, this is an innovative idea, again to help players to be more immersed (Since map and inventory screens can be "unrealistic"). But the major problem is that it takes too long to do any of the stuff from the sanctuary. You walk from one room to another if you want to change your clothes, weapons, check you map etc. The negatives associated with the sanctuary far out way the positives

-Doesn't feel like an rpg. In order to appeal to a more wider fanbase, the rpg elements are so scarce and pointless that this truly doesn't feel like an rpg at all.

-Map doesn't tell you half the things is should. The real world and the map version of that world look way different.

-Character interaction sucks. No way to describe it, sorry

All in all, a disappointing title. Pick it up if you are a more of a casual gamer and/or if you are a fable fan... ON A GODDAMN SALE!
  41. Apr 28, 2013
    My favourite Fable game so far have got all the achievements and finished the game 4 time would recommend it to anyone. The only thing that I would change would be the combat with a gun it is all right but not my favourite I would stick with melee combat if I was you.
  42. Apr 25, 2013
    The most embarrassing game of the year. This game is complete tripe. It's like nobody actually played the game. They made everything un-fun. It's literally a hack+slash game with a bad story and bad side-stuff. This is literally Diablo 3 on easy mode except the environments and map design are worse than a stupid pony level. I rated it a zero because the PC version had horrible frameratesThe most embarrassing game of the year. This game is complete tripe. It's like nobody actually played the game. They made everything un-fun. It's literally a hack+slash game with a bad story and bad side-stuff. This is literally Diablo 3 on easy mode except the environments and map design are worse than a stupid pony level. I rated it a zero because the PC version had horrible framerates and the graphics didn't mean jack as absolutely nothing was interesting to look at. No matter how cheap this game would be, it would still be a waste of money. Buy a box of fireworks with friends, have a party or buy another game. Expand
  43. Apr 24, 2013
    This game has some really bad flaws but that been the same with all the series installments but theirs some great game play and a decent campaign. But terribly long loading screens A.I. over powered magic moneys comes faster then imaginable choice system is being Hitler or Jesus ****y ending no multiple endings anti lore friendly to the rest of the series. But despite all that you takeThis game has some really bad flaws but that been the same with all the series installments but theirs some great game play and a decent campaign. But terribly long loading screens A.I. over powered magic moneys comes faster then imaginable choice system is being Hitler or Jesus ****y ending no multiple endings anti lore friendly to the rest of the series. But despite all that you take it for what it is and you play it and its actually a pretty good game i mean allot of the PIECE OF TRASH THEY DARE CALL D.L.C. is ****ing horse but still you just get the main game and play it and don't get your hopes to hi and you can enjoy allot of the game is it the best R.P.G. ever made NO. Expand
  44. Apr 24, 2013
    Meh... Just like all the other fable games. Boring story (This one is probably the best of the 3 boring stories the fable series has to offer). Button mashing combat with bad spell system. Silly good and evil system that does not compare to any of the other games that have done it, and a totally worthless economy structure. End up with more money than you could possibly ever need withMeh... Just like all the other fable games. Boring story (This one is probably the best of the 3 boring stories the fable series has to offer). Button mashing combat with bad spell system. Silly good and evil system that does not compare to any of the other games that have done it, and a totally worthless economy structure. End up with more money than you could possibly ever need with nothing to buy. Fable has always been over hyped, and just plain garbage. Expand
  45. Mar 10, 2013
    This game was extremely disappointing. The entire game you will notice the lack of attention and half assed efforts. Do not mistake this game for an RPG, it is an "action adventure game". One of the developers actually claimed this game would be better than Skyrim. To make that claim you need to produce a game that actually seems like they put some effort into it. This game feels like itThis game was extremely disappointing. The entire game you will notice the lack of attention and half assed efforts. Do not mistake this game for an RPG, it is an "action adventure game". One of the developers actually claimed this game would be better than Skyrim. To make that claim you need to produce a game that actually seems like they put some effort into it. This game feels like it was designed for minors who watch their parents play big boy games.
    Not worth the price, if you simply must try it out, get it on sale.
  46. Feb 24, 2013
    I loved the game's concept of developing your character as a monarch. But the combat system is not funny at all and is what prevents me to play this game twice just to see the other alternative ending.
  47. Jan 24, 2013
    Fable 3 will not "Wow" many players. It's a solid game but has quite a few flaws, but lets start with the pros. The game is quite immersive, having very little HUD, and no real menus to speak of. The game looks great and is not very demanding, even on low settings the graphics are still appealing. A short list, yes, but please read the flaws and you'll see why I gave this game a 5~ evenFable 3 will not "Wow" many players. It's a solid game but has quite a few flaws, but lets start with the pros. The game is quite immersive, having very little HUD, and no real menus to speak of. The game looks great and is not very demanding, even on low settings the graphics are still appealing. A short list, yes, but please read the flaws and you'll see why I gave this game a 5~ even though I'm rarely generous with scores. The combat has the right idea, it's engaging, you can flow seamlessly between the 3 combat styles(Guns, swords, magic). Where it falls short is that the combat is not difficult. Even on it's highest difficulty it is still far, far too easy. Dodge rolling provides too many invincibility frames and doesn't have enough of a time frame between when you recover from a roll and when you can attack again. Another problem is the loot system. You're constantly stopping to crack open chests, most of the time, you'll only end up getting a measly 200 gold or gem, rather than clothing/tattoos. It wouldn't be so bad if there weren't a 10 silverkey chest in the second town you go to that gives 50,000 gold, which you can then invest into buying up all the property you have access to. When you're making 2000-7000 gold every 5 minutes, it's hard to justify spending as much time as you will digging up loot. The game could also do with a lot less chatter. Be it your butler harassing you while you're changing outfits or you're walking through town getting screamed at by the dozen NPCs that are surrounding you. The game could definitely stand to have a slider to adjust how much banter there is, because it /will/ wear on you, and quickly. Another quirk about the game is that it's tone is all over the place. The story is serious, but your character is a walking jack in the box. You can slaughter an entire town or save little girls, but your talk options are limited to farting in peoples' faces and whistling little tunes. Your one true love is locked up in a tower and one of your driving motivations is to save her, but you can participate in massive orgies. What I'm trying to say is the main story and your actual actions don't...really...mesh well. This is a good entry RPG, but anyone familiar to gaming will have a hard time enjoying this title. Expand
  48. Jan 23, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Fable 3 is a game with many problems, Firstly being it was over hyped making it doomed it to fall form the beginning. This is no real surprise as nearly all Fable games have suffered similar issues. Secondly the games Fighting system not being varied enough with a basic 2 button system. But even with it many flaws (those being the worst) it is a fun game with an engaging story line with some brilliant humour that just adds to the experience. Once you have become King people do start to recognise that unlike other games but at the same time you will still have to do meaning less task for gold or to progress the story. This is what dooms it in a way is the final money grind that you have to do to get the best outcome for the kingdom, this can be very dull but once your through it it feels very satisfying in general. Great game, and easy to pick up cheap for around 8 to 15£. Expand
  49. Jan 11, 2013
    I am super impressed with this game! Its nothing less than amazing! How they took this unique world, beautiful universe and KILLED IT! THEY F*CKING RUINED IT. Dont buy this ever. Ever! How People can like this is beyond me. Any critic reccomending this is either extremely high, hates money pr is getting paid by developers. This game derserves a 0 score anytime
  50. Dec 4, 2012
    A nice game,from the beginning to the end.And i have to apologize for my cheats(in order to gain a good end i have to use a speed change software to make money more efficently ),i just feel afraid to the bad end and i only watch the bad end scenes on the Internet,somewhat like the sytle of bethesda,but the behavior of adding some sexy contents is to be discussed.
  51. Oct 30, 2012
    Disapointing on every level - and I've still purchased it. Horrible interface (sanctuary...), constantly wasting time on absolutely common things, even more limited than Fable 2, boring combat, not many changes when it comes to enemies, weak story with abysmal ending, no epic moments like in Fable 1, music is uninspired and nothing like in Fable 1, and yeah, the art style is nice. That'sDisapointing on every level - and I've still purchased it. Horrible interface (sanctuary...), constantly wasting time on absolutely common things, even more limited than Fable 2, boring combat, not many changes when it comes to enemies, weak story with abysmal ending, no epic moments like in Fable 1, music is uninspired and nothing like in Fable 1, and yeah, the art style is nice. That's the only positive thing you can say about this game. I'm not going to do the same mistake again when Fable 4: The bad, the boring and the ugly comes out. Expand
  52. Oct 3, 2012
    My favourite of all the Fable titles. Thoroughly enjoyed this one, even if the social aspect was a bit lacking at first. i enjoyed the Albion metamorphosis and I really liked their take on the Bowerstone Industrial Revolution. Excellent sense of humour, fun battles, and of course the freedom to be good or bad and go and do whatever you like. Lighthearted and just all-around enjoyable.
  53. Sep 3, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Fable 3 is nowhere near the potential from it's predecessor, Fable 2, and even more so for Fable 1. Everything that you would come to expect from an open world RPG can't be found on Fable 3, from a user-friendly map system, to a more broadening and interactive set piece for the world of Albion. I don't tend to like RPG's who use the corridor system, or as I like to call it, a "Spiderweb" RPG world, and it's especial with Fable 3. the bread crumb trail still iffs me at times, as i constantly ignore how it sends me to dead ends or just doesn't appear at all, whilst I desperately try to ignore the cursed thing and get a glimpse of the world that is ignored by this stupid trail brought all the way back from Fable 1. Customization is extremely poor and cash cowed in for an RPG, with 90% of content that would actually be useful for creating your avatar on a DLC, which also ruins the co-op play as you HAVE TO HAVE every single dlc that the person your playing with has, especially considering that the story wasn't webbed into a meaningful co-op setting. but perhaps the worst thing that Fable 3 destroyed about it's franchise is the whole good/evil alignment. Your outward appearance as being good or evil has been hyped down from previous titles, and the story itself betrays the whole meaning behind good or evil with how you end the game. You can be the good guy as long as you sacrifice all the money you spent protecting everyone from the darkness, thus potentially killing everyone in the end, while, if you're the bad guy, sure, everyone will hate you, but you'll have enough funds to potentially save everyone. and who isn't to say you could be bad from the start, and once the darkness is defeated (and note, the darkness is defeated in the most rushed in **** way possible) you could be good again? And the whole being a king business isn't really worth it in the end, you don't to go to parades, you don't feel appreciated by anyone whether being good or bad, and the only way you can beat the game is if you had played the game in a very specific manner, thus destroying the whole concept of a meaningful RPG element. RPG is supposed to be about doing what you can with what you have, not doing exactly this and exactly that to get exactly what you want. and one final note to the always over-enthusiastic Peter Molyneux: Do be optimistic, but please be honest with us. We don't want to spend a 5 days running a city to their dooms when we were told we'd be given a WHOLE YEAR to do so. and stop making this game a "less for more" concept. We've had enough of it as it is. Expand
  54. Aug 1, 2012
    If they had copy pasted Fable I and given it a bigger world and a graphical update it would have been better than this. The combat is horrible and uninteresting, the interface took a massive dump, why? No idea. I like it when people try new things I really do but it's entirely different to take a dump on the paradigm and offer nothing. The length of the game I usually try not to gripeIf they had copy pasted Fable I and given it a bigger world and a graphical update it would have been better than this. The combat is horrible and uninteresting, the interface took a massive dump, why? No idea. I like it when people try new things I really do but it's entirely different to take a dump on the paradigm and offer nothing. The length of the game I usually try not to gripe about but this was extremely short and unsatisfying. For the price of this game you could go out to dinner and have more fun. This isn't a death by hype game, on its own, it is **** Expand
  55. Jul 26, 2012
    I played the first Fable and then went straight to this one, because I don't own a console. I don't remember much about F1 but I know that I was into it and it kept me playing till the end. It was fun and had a lot of original bits. I didn't find Fable III to offer neither. I'm not a fan of the series and went in without expectations, good or otherwise, but the first thing that struck meI played the first Fable and then went straight to this one, because I don't own a console. I don't remember much about F1 but I know that I was into it and it kept me playing till the end. It was fun and had a lot of original bits. I didn't find Fable III to offer neither. I'm not a fan of the series and went in without expectations, good or otherwise, but the first thing that struck me was that it tries to convey a serious message through some very childish means (dancing with the blacksmith so he'll give you a discount, really?). I tried to keep playing, but it just became too annoying and boring about 3h in, then I just read some of the other reviews and noticed the pattern of "it's too easy", "the story is flat/nonexistent" etc. and decided it's not worth it. I did give it a 5 though because the graphics are quite nice (nowhere near current PC capabilities, but they made good use of their lemons) and because overall it's well executed. But it's a bad idea. Expand
  56. Jul 16, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I love Fable. In fact - Im somewhat of a fangirl. With that - before I could play, I had to make some sort of Microsoft account. I had a ton of issues so I had to call support. After 2 hours on hold, someone helps me and I got the account thing set up.

I start playing and it say's I have a illegal copy. I call support back with a shorter hold time (30 mins). Im kinda upset - he asked where I got it from, and trouble shoots me. After doing some technical stuff (I have no clue what he made me do) but it worked! Im happy now. I get to playing and after beating it. (It didnt take too long, maybe 2 - 3 days off and on), I was disappointed. It didn't feel like an RPG really. And please - do not get me started on the "collect 10 million gold" part....

Anyways - the game was ok, but I want more! It's missing something, but I dont know what.
  57. Jul 16, 2012
    After Fable The Lost Chapters was ported to PC and vastly improved on the bog standard Fable; and after the second game vastly improved on Fable TLC there was a lot of expectation for this game to deliver. And a lot of Peter Molyneux's usual standard of over hyping everything to make it seem like it absolutely would and beyond.
    And the game starts of somewhat promising, at least storyline
    And the game starts of somewhat promising, at least storyline wise.

It quickly becomes apparent that this game has failed in nearly every way.

Gameplay? The ONLY improvement was the ability to combine magic spells. That's it. Everything else was worse than Fable 2.
    UI? Has been made almost completely inaccessible to you.
    And the levelling system is just outright bonkers.
    And the worst crime? Probably the fact that you have no health bar. So when you are close to death and need to use a potion you have no idea, the game itself warns you about a split second before you die that "hey your going to die!"

But I persevered because the storyline seemed promising, and kind of interesting. I can forgive a lot if its got good story.
    But then you reach the part of the game that SHOULD have been the end game, within about 12 hours if you work hard at stretching it out; and then the storyline collapses completely into nonsense and irrelevance.

And thus combined becomes unplayable and the lamest game ever.

I seriously feel like I am being generous giving it a 3 out of 10 here, because honestly if you asked me to name anything I liked about Fable 3?
    The only thing I could tell you is the new combination magic. For me the game was worse than Fable 2 in every single way. And it getting a PC port, and not Fable 2, is mind boggling. Seriously.
  58. Jun 17, 2012
    The concept of this game is not bad; saving an empire of your family is interesting and it made me to buy this game. However, I didn't feel like I was saving an empire. That's one failure. Battle of this game is too easy somehow. There is a magic that can beat any enemies easily and make you invulnerable. It's bad. I hate Games for WIndows Live (I don't remember the name). It's suck, IThe concept of this game is not bad; saving an empire of your family is interesting and it made me to buy this game. However, I didn't feel like I was saving an empire. That's one failure. Battle of this game is too easy somehow. There is a magic that can beat any enemies easily and make you invulnerable. It's bad. I hate Games for WIndows Live (I don't remember the name). It's suck, I could not download some of the DLC I bought. Luckily, they were cheap but it was very annoying. Expand
  59. May 5, 2012
    One of the biggest mistakes I have made was playing this game. As a huge fan of Fable: The Lost Chapters, this was a triumphant letdown. I could hardly call this an RPG; character customization is shallow and uninteresting. You do not age and your alignment doesn't affect your appearance like it did in Fable. There are also substantially less cosmetics such as tattoos and hairstyles.One of the biggest mistakes I have made was playing this game. As a huge fan of Fable: The Lost Chapters, this was a triumphant letdown. I could hardly call this an RPG; character customization is shallow and uninteresting. You do not age and your alignment doesn't affect your appearance like it did in Fable. There are also substantially less cosmetics such as tattoos and hairstyles. Moral choices are ridiculously black and white, quests are dull and uninspired, the story is god awful and characters are bland and 2-dimensional. Leveling up consists of choosing to either increase melee, ranged, or magic damage. There are no stat points, and no life or magic meters. Your health is represented through a glow on the screen, and regenerates on normal difficulty. There is not longer a combat multiplier. The combat itself is not bad aside from the slow-motion killing moves that take forever and are mind-numbingly aggravating to watch again and again. The camera and controls in general are **** crippled on PC. The camera is feels like it's being held by a retard and is very frustrating, they obviously didn't modify it to feel natural on a mouse. About the controls, I can understand having the player hold down a key for things like moral choices which might have serious ramifications if mis-clicked, but it's rather annoying when it forces you to do so when you want something as simple as opening a chest or picking up an item. Also some **** at lionhead decided it would be neat to make the ESC key teleport you to the little guild room instead of, you know, bringing up the options menu. This has been standard for what, several decades of games now? Can't speak much about the graphics, I know it's meant to be cartoon-ish. The music is recycled from the older games. There is limited weapons and armor to buy, as your weapons level with you. Everything in this game seems tailored to casual gamers. You literally do not have to try an ounce in this game. There is very little penalty for "death," when all you do is get knocked out and lose your progress to your next exp point, and you re-spawn right where you were, as if nothing happened. The game constantly holds your hand and wants you to take a pre-tailored path everywhere and is very restrictive. It's also an obvious, terrible port. The game uses only 5 or 6 keys on the keyboard. There is no inventory screen. You have to go to your stupid little dressing room if you want to change your equipment or hair/makeup. It's hard to get engrossed in a world with **** like this. There are only 3 types of potions, and no health+ or mp+ exlixirs to find (like i said there is no health meter, and magic is unlimited). Overall this game is and i stress IS (it's **** fact not just my opinion) dumbed-down, casual, repetitive, short, uninspiring, boring, simple, a waste of money. I could go on all day comparing this to Fable: TLC. I award this game 2 stars for excellent voice acting. Once again the genius of Molyneaux is spoiled by Microsoft studios. Expand
  60. Mar 25, 2012
    I really enjoyed the first Fable game, and was anticipating this one quite a bit. Having never played Fable 2 because I don't own an xbox I was happy to hear this was to be released on PC aswell as xbox 360.
    However I was massively disappointed with this game. It is a console port, and it is a very very bad one at that. The game took an extra half a year to get to the PCs, I wonder what they used all that time for, certainly wasn't spent on the UI, controls or graphics.
    Every time you dig up something or open a treasure chest you have to watch a 10 second cinematic bit, which is cool the first time. But after not very many times it gets very tedious, and I started to avoid chests/dig-spots completely.
    The gameplay is sluggish and slow, every action takes forever to complete, and using the aim controls for guns and magic it is VERY clear this was not made for, or even adjusted for mouse controls.
    There is very little variety in the quests and tasks you get to do, and the game quickly turns into a grindfest
    The story is downright bad, it is uninteresting and riddled with bad cliches. The moral choices is always a choice between being an oblivious do-gooder and a maniacal **** There is no sense of separation of time in the game, it feels like the last event in the game and the starting tutorial plays out on the same day.
    I would rate this at 0, but the voice-acting is actually phenomenal, Stephen Fry, John Cleese and the rest of the characters is really the only thing I enjoyed in this game.
    Boring, Bland and badly designed and ported.
  61. Mar 3, 2012
    Fable III is basically more Fable with all its pros and cons. What is disappointing is that it's a console port and that rolling on the ground for 15 minutes is pretty much how all battles turn out...
  62. Feb 14, 2012
    Fable III takes what made the original two games 'slightly interesting' and throws it all into a mainstream box. It throws in fart jokes, streamlines the already streamlined systems, and removes any vague remnants of depth that the series might have aspired towards. The game assumes that the general public are all braindead xbox-headset wearing 12 year olds. No. I take that back. Even theyFable III takes what made the original two games 'slightly interesting' and throws it all into a mainstream box. It throws in fart jokes, streamlines the already streamlined systems, and removes any vague remnants of depth that the series might have aspired towards. The game assumes that the general public are all braindead xbox-headset wearing 12 year olds. No. I take that back. Even they are a smarter, deeper audience than this game demands. Horrible, rancid game. Apparently the next game is going to be a connect on-rails shooter. Somehow that does not surprise me. Expand
  63. Jan 21, 2012
    The saved game files corrupted 1/2 way through the game. ALL OF THEM. Now I went back to play the game and cant remember the Microsoft login I was FORCED to make to even play. Now the 50$ I spent is down the drain... Even though I payed through steam so I couldn't have pirated it I still need to log in to Microsoft. DO NOT PAY FOR THIS.
  64. Dec 31, 2011
    All I'm going to say is too little far too late.

I've turned my back on the fable series and will never pay for another one these games, even though fable 1 was one of my favorite games of all time.
  65. Dec 27, 2011
    I have just bought the game, and have not even played it, and I am already annoyed to the point of just forgetting. Had I known that I am required to be logged into a Games for Windows live account, then spent 15 minutes jumping through hoops, to create some account somewhere that I don't even want, AFTER paying for the game, I wouldn't have bought the game. Horrible experience. Screw you,I have just bought the game, and have not even played it, and I am already annoyed to the point of just forgetting. Had I known that I am required to be logged into a Games for Windows live account, then spent 15 minutes jumping through hoops, to create some account somewhere that I don't even want, AFTER paying for the game, I wouldn't have bought the game. Horrible experience. Screw you, Microsoft. Expand
  66. Dec 14, 2011
    Very disappointing and just plain bad. The only two good things I can say about this game is that is has gorgeous graphics, and it has a few funny moments. Everything else is rubbish. You don't care about any of the characters whatsoever, the story is boring and cliche, combat is dull and repetitive, the gameplay is often atrocious and the decisions you make throughout the game are overlyVery disappointing and just plain bad. The only two good things I can say about this game is that is has gorgeous graphics, and it has a few funny moments. Everything else is rubbish. You don't care about any of the characters whatsoever, the story is boring and cliche, combat is dull and repetitive, the gameplay is often atrocious and the decisions you make throughout the game are overly simplistic and have little impact.

Bad, short and overpriced.
  67. Nov 27, 2011
    this was a big lie ! all they said about this game is a lie!!!!
    they said 10 times better weapons from the oblivion where is that?
    all i saw was u take one weapon and to improve it u will make it look like **** ! the story was a little bit of stupid ! u will never fight see a big and dangerous fight u may use pottion one time or 2 ... the co op was better than fable 2 but there is nothing
    this was a big lie ! all they said about this game is a lie!!!!
    they said 10 times better weapons from the oblivion where is that?
    the story was a little bit of stupid ! u will never fight see a big and dangerous fight u may use pottion one time or 2 ... the co op was better than fable 2 but there is nothing good for ur friend everyone will ignore him/her and u will be forced to send coppies of the game if u want to improve ur weapon !
    u will see how it sucks when u want to be friends with someone and to do that u need to dance with him like a gay dance or hold hands ... the is nothing like an rpg u dont level up u just open chest to improve ur 3 skill (yeah guns sworld or magic nothing more) and there is no treasures like all the rpg games if u want fable best to play Fable: The Lost Chapters if u have played Fable: The Lost Chapters then PLAY IT AGAIN coz there is nothing good on the 3rd one ...
  68. Nov 22, 2011
    Definitely a step in the wrong direction, but are we really surprised? Lionhead has yet to deliver a good RPG. Fable III has to be one of the most disapointing games on the PC and Xbox 360.
  69. Nov 17, 2011
    Fable 3 is very different from Fable Lost Chapters and I don't think all "improvements" have improved gameplay at all. Most spells, abilities and items have been stripped and all side characters feels distant. Last fight is really letdown since in is so short and easy. Still some sidequests are really funny and game is visually good
  70. Nov 15, 2011
    WTF. They took everything fun from Fable 2 and threw it in the bin. Fable 3's graphics look very similar to Fable 2, gameplay is pretty much identical, AI is very stupid. The locations look good but again, set the next f***ing fable in another bloody world or country. Im sik of seeing the same detailed world, the same building designs and armours and weapons. It feels like Fable 2.

But

But the positive side is that the story is good, you get lost in the Main story because the quest get all mixed up and you have to figure out what you were up to when you load the game. But I had heaps of fun with alot of the quest, had heaps of fun with the options the game gave you in its world and you could have quiet alot of fun with the co-op. But the gameplay is still fable 2 but more simple. Fable 4 better improve on Fable 2 and not 3.
  71. Nov 11, 2011
    If your looking for a lazy game, with little skill involved to relax when tired then this is the one. If you fly through the game in one day, which is possible - then you won't like the ending. However, if you take your time with it and really be adventurous and patient then the ending will be more pleasant. It can get a little repetitive. Nice that it links to GFWL that can make it moreIf your looking for a lazy game, with little skill involved to relax when tired then this is the one. If you fly through the game in one day, which is possible - then you won't like the ending. However, if you take your time with it and really be adventurous and patient then the ending will be more pleasant. It can get a little repetitive. Nice that it links to GFWL that can make it more entertaining. Sadly the concept during this game is confused - some quests are definately geared towards the adult population, but the the gameplay is just really childlike. But 7 for chilling out with. Buy at a reduced price or you may be disappointed. Expand
  72. Nov 2, 2011
    Gonna say what I've said about every single fable game ever...

MEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH....it's okay I suppose.
  73. Oct 27, 2011
    Let's face it, us Fable fans love the humor, scenery and simplistic gameplay of Fable. We love to drink our characters into a stupor and get really fat. Kill tons of villagers and guards and fart in people's faces. This game still has all of that. But the fighting is kind of frustrating really. What happened to being an unstoppable hulk? This game is all about blocking and flourishLet's face it, us Fable fans love the humor, scenery and simplistic gameplay of Fable. We love to drink our characters into a stupor and get really fat. Kill tons of villagers and guards and fart in people's faces. This game still has all of that. But the fighting is kind of frustrating really. What happened to being an unstoppable hulk? This game is all about blocking and flourish attacks...how boring. Still no chain lightning will power either. Also, the game takes on a very serious tone with lots of death and tyranny and stuff like that. I guess that's to win over the critics though it doesn't save the generic plug and play storyline from being boring. Character customization has gotten really weird. Now you purchase all of your stuff and bring it back to a dressing room. Which I guess is kind of the lazy approach and its nice to not have to repurchase stuff. Though that never bothers me because I always have tons of gold early on in Fable games. Oh and your inventory is GONE. How many silver keys have I picked up? I can't find out unless I pick up another one and it tells me...Also, still no hotkeying items or I'm just missing something. And the HUD is pretty much gone, no health information. No nothing. Peter M. Please go and purchase a copy of Fable: The Lost Chapters and actually play it! The game is phenomenal and only needs a few of the upgrades from Fable 2 and 3:

Fable 3's real estate interface.
    Fable 3's king sequence (with more to do)
    Fable 2's character customization potions (weight gain/loss, height gain/loss, etc)
    Fable 3's dying system (tattoo colors and clothes)
    -Please no more dog, unless you make him something actually interesting rather than a digging spot finder and an achievement kill stealer.
  74. Oct 26, 2011
    I payed 40 euros for this game. Its a short-great story written game, but again..it was way to short. Lionhead seems to be putting all kinds of DLC in but that also will cost you money, most of the DLC are costumes anyway that are only just for the eyes. A small variety on weapons, because 1 weapon will overthrow the other for a very long time. The guild seal system is great, but easy.I payed 40 euros for this game. Its a short-great story written game, but again..it was way to short. Lionhead seems to be putting all kinds of DLC in but that also will cost you money, most of the DLC are costumes anyway that are only just for the eyes. A small variety on weapons, because 1 weapon will overthrow the other for a very long time. The guild seal system is great, but easy. Spend a little bit of time and you got your upgrades already.
    Moneymaking is quite annoying in the start, everytime the same thing: Pressing 1, 2 or 3. Its kinda challenging in the start, but gets linear. Once you get to buy shops and houses moneymaking just becomes a thing you do if you idle. Leave your pc on and you have alot of money coming in.
    Fighting is quite easy as well, the real challenging monsters will occur only a couple of times.
    The missions and the co-op system are the things that kept me in the game. The story and graphics were great, easy to follow and it was nice to play. You could also help others online with their campaign.
    But again, everything is way to short and it is not worth(for me atleast) to buy DLC.
    Pretty much of a mediocre game overall, its not bad..its not good either. I give it a 6, I wont go higher.
  75. Oct 23, 2011
    You don't want this game. Disjointed plotline. Cant decide if it wants to be serious (must stop my evil brother!) or stupid (heh heh farts).

Basic combat system isn't too bad I suppose. Then you get into the second half of the game and .... what the heck just happened! Did i just insert some other game disk in?

Fable 2 was better on every level and that wasn't exactly a marvellous game!
  76. Oct 23, 2011
    After an initial neutral reaction, this game grew on me. It first comes across like a combat version of the "sims," Incredible customization, minimal depth. What bumped it up from a 5 to a 7 was the sense of humor and decent storyline that went into the game. I finished it with a sense of satisfaction and will probably play through again.
  77. Oct 22, 2011
    If this were the first game of the saga, sure it's good but as a player of all three fables there's just not enough evolution here. The gameplay is simplistic in every way interaction with npc's is still playing paty-cake with them. The game looks great in the same way that it's pre-desecors have I.e exactly the same as fable 1. Sound design is average at best.

Am I being un-reasonable

Am I being un-reasonable expecting more from the franchise by it's 3rd outing? save your money and get a real rpg, any of the fallouts or any of bethesda's games, dragon age these franchise's work hard to earn your loyalty whereas fable seems to delight in provideing the bare minimum and then charging you for more lack luster content through dlc.
  78. Oct 18, 2011
    If your familiar with Lionhead and black and white, then you will recognize Fable 3. The problem with that is they screwed up the fable franchise. They took time management and money management they like to use in black and white and added it into fable 3. While the game is fun you can probably beat it in 8 hours. It feels very shallow and rushed together. I would value this game at a 5If your familiar with Lionhead and black and white, then you will recognize Fable 3. The problem with that is they screwed up the fable franchise. They took time management and money management they like to use in black and white and added it into fable 3. While the game is fun you can probably beat it in 8 hours. It feels very shallow and rushed together. I would value this game at a 5 dollar buy. Expand
  79. Sep 18, 2011
    Fable III doesn't really continue the series from a certain point or anything like that, although it does revisit many of the places of the original two. The Graphics are very nice but the PC version comes with some beefy requirements. It does come across as too linear, in fact almost like "playing" a story, or an interactive movie, rather than a game. Where it really excels is that itFable III doesn't really continue the series from a certain point or anything like that, although it does revisit many of the places of the original two. The Graphics are very nice but the PC version comes with some beefy requirements. It does come across as too linear, in fact almost like "playing" a story, or an interactive movie, rather than a game. Where it really excels is that it offers a very casual gaming experience, you don't have to fret about buying different equipment (though you can do that too), and deciding which skills to level is a breeze. The multiplayer mode doesn't offer a lot and the interactions with AIs has actually "devolved". While it wasn't a bad game particularly it fell short of Fable: The Lost Chapters and Fable II. This is pretty well agreed on in the community. It's too bad because the game had great potential with the amazing graphics. The game is super easy, so if you want a bigger challenge just refrain from spamming magic. Otherwise, you may be very disappointed. Expand
  80. Aug 16, 2011
    This is the LEAST-FUN game I have ever played. I just registered to post my opinion. Fable III gets a 2 instead of a 0 because the world graphics are impressive. This game is so tedious, you could train a monkey with a Drinking Bird toy to beat it (the monkey could beat the game without the Drinking Bird toy, but the monkey would die of boredom if it had to beat the game without a littleThis is the LEAST-FUN game I have ever played. I just registered to post my opinion. Fable III gets a 2 instead of a 0 because the world graphics are impressive. This game is so tedious, you could train a monkey with a Drinking Bird toy to beat it (the monkey could beat the game without the Drinking Bird toy, but the monkey would die of boredom if it had to beat the game without a little help). How to make someone like you: go up to them and press A
    How to make a friend: press A, press A, press A, press and hold A, press A watch animation
    How to make a lover: press A, press and hold A, press A, press A, press and hold A, press and hold A, press and hold A, press A, press A, press and hold A

Just follow the gold trail in front of your character and press and hold A. When in combat, use magic to destroy your enemies. IT IS SO EASY AND TEDIOUS. Why do you have to press and hold A for 2 seconds to do things??? Why do i have to go through 20 load screen and teleport to my "sanctuary" to change my weapon. Why don't different weapons do anything different? Why did I just spend 15 minutes, literally 15 minutes, flapping my arms like a chicken, dancing with a man, running all over town, buying things, delivering messages in this side-quest? Why? Because that's what this game is about - spend time doing something pointless to earn "guild seals" so you can go to the "Road to Rule." You need to earn guild seals to upgrade your weapons and learn new pointless expressions. Nothing you do matters - your appearance might change slightly, which is cool I guess, but did I mention that the game is boring? Monotonous? Talk about Grinding.... You have to be a small child or a moron to enjoy this game. The main story quest is LINEAR. Nothing you do changes or affects the story line. It doesn't matter if you're good or evil. You want to deviate from the gold-line in the ground that tells you what to do? Maybe do a mind-numbingly boring side-quest! The environment is pretty as I've already said, but you can't enjoy it because it's impossible to get anywhere (no on screen minimap) and even though it looks really open, gameplay feels more like a dungeon-quest type game, except there are flowers and fences and buildings painted on the walls. I hate this game. I wanted to be able to do something meaningful with my gold, have items that do something significant in the game, have characters that I care about, have my decisions mean something. I WANTED TO HAVE TO THINK. Not just press the interact button, then press the open door button, then press the interact button. The screen tells you what button to press. When you press it, you have to watch a super-boring animation and then you are rewarded with being able to progress to the next stupid thing.

I'm repeating myself - you get the point (if you've made it this far). The point is, the game Fable III is just like this review... it keeps repeating itself. Its like watching animated grass grow, except not as difficult or fun as the grass-growing game would be. Like, in the grass growing game, maybe if you chose the wrong fertilizer, the grass wouldn't grow as fast or if you didn't defend it with spray, the bugs would get it. In Fable your decisions have no bearing on the gameplay, just your appearance... nothing meaningful for the story. At least, they could have made the combat fun.
  81. Aug 14, 2011
    The worst game I've ever purchased. Not worth the $55 I paid. There is no 'free will' in this game it's all mechanical and generic script following. There is no real impressive skill-cap required to play this game. If you can listen and follow the glitter you win. The game play is monotonous and repetitive. This game is the epitome of rpg hell. I have had more fun with Duck Hunt or a good book.
  82. Aug 14, 2011
    I really did not enjoy this game. It was short and really didn't stay with the Fable theme, sad, I was looking foward to this game but there was nothing i liked about this game. The game play was just like Fable 2 so i wasn't really impressed. The ending was horrible. nothing good about this game.
  83. Aug 8, 2011
    It is nice, it is awesome, it is boring
    It is nice, it is awesome, it is boring
    real good game at first but after you play it for a longer time you notice, what the hell am I thinking this is so bad.. I wished it was more like fable lost chapters look that was a good story, compare the UI for fun the good thing is that the story was nice and that it was very bug proof and I love how they put the line of the story, the controls are superb to X360 controller or Mouse and Keyboard they work fine

Sealreth,
  84. Jul 31, 2011
    A very light RPG with the light elements of the genre, it isn't as good as the first and second one from what ive been told i haven't played them my self, but still i think Fable 3 is more of the rent than a buy in my opinion since its quite short, unless you like to do all the extra side quests and re-build the city.
  85. Jul 27, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. At times this game manages to be depressingly linear while at the same time impossible to play without the help of the golden trail. However, it is still good fun. The story has an amusing twist in the middle and some of the quests are really good. But I guess the studio expects you to have ADD; the final battle takes like ten minutes. I was still disappointed in the story several times. Spoiler: I (armed to the teeth) stood there pusillanimously impassive while one of my companions gets publicly (publicly!) shot by one (one!!) palace guard. What the hell?! One of my friends, a professional soldier veteran (guess what? armed to the teeth as well) is even standing next to me.
    The economy system allowed me to become millionaire long before I even got halfway through the game, but what is the point? There is nothing you can buy more costly than about 15 k.
    The fighting system was amusing though. While this game is completely dwarfed in every aspect when compared to say, an Elder Scrolls Title, it managed to make a mildly amusing sword-fighting system. Magic and Guns were not done so well though.
    The weakest point however is the end: It leaves you feel alone and disappointed. I've played games where I played dozens, hundreds even, of hours after the story line was finished, but here I had nothing to do after half an hour...
    Overall (with everything done) game time approximately 25 hours.
    I was certainly entertained but there are better games out there for you to buy.
  86. Jul 20, 2011
    Since it's clear by the score that I really like this game I'm going to put it out there right now what it was that I didn't like. The dog. It. Never. Shuts. Up. I'm saying this as a gamer to other gamers, don't give your dog the Five-Star Dog Potion or otherwise increase its treasure-seeking abilities because you'll spend the rest of the game hearing nothing but barks. Don't get me wrong,Since it's clear by the score that I really like this game I'm going to put it out there right now what it was that I didn't like. The dog. It. Never. Shuts. Up. I'm saying this as a gamer to other gamers, don't give your dog the Five-Star Dog Potion or otherwise increase its treasure-seeking abilities because you'll spend the rest of the game hearing nothing but barks. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate that Lionhead went to great lengths to ensure that this game had a lot of content, but I don't need to dig up treasure two feet from the last one. Trust me, you're not missing anything if you pass up every dig spot in this game. It's always junk or a small amount of gold; that's hardly worth your time and effort.

The only other negative thing I have to say about this game is the ending. Well not so much the ending but the final boss. Wow was that an easy fight. I saved 6,500,000 gold just to fight a monster that lasts ten seconds. Part of me just died.

Having said all that I loved the game. Fable 3 manages to blend the majority of all the good elements from both Fable: TLC and Fable 2. Not only that they eliminated glaring problems, and then went above and beyond and made a damn fine game. This is one of the finest titles to come out in years. For those of you saying that it's too short and too easy, you're playing it wrong. Get into the role, suspend your disbelief, absorb yourself in this fictional world. You'll have a lot more fun than by just trying to get to beat the game.

The graphics are top notch this time around. Even on lower settings this game still manages to look fantastic, and that's thanks in no small part to the design of the game world itself. You'll never find yourself remarking how terribly bland the environment is in Fable 3 I can assure you. Another thing that was changed for the better was making the locations inter-connective to each other like in Fable: TLC. I enjoy being able to look out into the distance and see a location that I can actually travel to far off in the background. It's little things like this that really immerses myself into games.
  87. Jul 18, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This... is a terrible game. The story is bland, the combat is the worst I have ever witnessed, in any game, across any platform. I am one of the worst gamers ever,and would have completed it on the hardest difficulty, WITHOUT DYING, if the save system hadn't DELETED MY CHARACTER when I tried to start the game again.The morality system is far too infantile to be of any use. There is either good or bad in 90% of places, and in the very few (I noticed about 3) occasions in which you are given a neutral choice, it DOESN'T EVEN MAKE SENSE! for example, at one point you are given the option to set taxes. You can either lower them (good), keep them the same as your brother (neutral) or raise them (bad). Now, the whole point of the game was to overthrow your brother because the taxes were too high, i.e. he was EVIL! Keeping them the same is therefore still morally wrong. If I save you from a murderer then kill you myself, am I commiting a crime? Of course! On the subject of the morality system, it is almost impossible to complete the game as a good character if you don't know exactly what's going to happen. You see, if you are playing a good character, you will have about -500,000 money (gold?). So, throughout the game, you have to buy up properties in order to have any money in the treasury at all. There is ONE "good" choice that will add money to the treasury.

All this would perhaps be permissible if the storyline and interface was good. Guess what? They aren't! The storyline is this: Your brother is evil. Kill him. Now choose to be evil or good. Oh, by the way, theres this evil thing that was the reason your brother was being evil. You have to kill it. Interface: Direct console port. You have to go to different rooms in order to change clothes. There is a suit of armor that offers absoloutely NO protection whatsoever. The voice actors are good, admittedly. This is perhaps the game's only good point. However, Lionshead even went and ruined that by writing the worst script I have ever seen in a game. It is trying FAR too hard to be funny. It is also failing. The graphics aren't even anything special. Lionshead's idea of an open world is about 5 linear paths per zone, with unavoidable encounters every meter. This game is inferior to TES IV in every conceivable way except voice acting - graphics, length, storyline, price. Worth approximately half of something I stepped in yesterday.
  88. Jul 13, 2011
    This game is the epitome of bad. It has the groundwork to be an okay game, with a large dynamic world which you can grow and interact with, but...

The story is childish. The characters are forgettable. The combat system is trash. The objectives are tired. The interaction with the world is fairly limited and much too varied in tone. There's no sense of urgency, no empathy, no coherent theme. It's a game that is without challenge and grows stale quickly, with no redeeming features.
  89. Jul 11, 2011
    Was expecting so much more!!

Was expecting so much more!!

Loved 1, missed out on 2 as i'm not a console gamers... 3 had such a great hype about it... but that's just it... it's all hype... Great names providing funny moments through voice acting isn't enough to carry a game... It's all one big attempt to sell you more stuff in-game, I have not finished it and don't think I will anytime soon. It was ok, and maybe more to other people's liking. But after the great stories and games like Mass Effect and Dragon age... it just falls short
  90. Jul 8, 2011
    I just finished playing this game and was astounded at what I saw. The graphics were wonderful and the voice acting was far above average. The story was well done and the music was absorbing. This is how RPG's are meant to be made.

I cant believe the user score is so low, did I play a different game than them?

Beautiful game and I highly recommend it.
  91. Jun 27, 2011
    Voices and music: superb - worlds and graphics: imaginative and great - story and gameplay: ah well, nice...
    Pressing mouse-buttons 20 times a second is really, really boring.
    Playing the game is just not as much fun as just watching the worlds and listening to the sounds.
    If there were a good game to play in Fable 3, I'd certainly rate it higher. It is beautiful.
  92. Jun 22, 2011
    Terrible interface. If I wanted to play like that, I'd be using a console not a PC.

Devs should really get their heads out of their asses. PC gamers are not the same as Console gamers.
    All the hype couldn't save a half a55ed interface and arcade like fighting.
  93. Jun 19, 2011
    The game is so poorly optimized to be unplayable. I was hoping some features would be fixed in the PC port, but they made things even worse.

Don't buy unless you exceed the maximum requirements (maybe not even then).
  94. MTR
    Jun 16, 2011
    Pantallazo azul al salir a windows, perder las partidas grabadas, .... Totalmente imposible jugar :S No puede ser tan complicado es hacer un port de 360 a PC !!!
  95. Jun 15, 2011
    VERY disappointed in this game... really anticipated it seeing that i played a counted 400 hours of the lost chapters.. Its combat is fun but a bit button mashy and repetitive after a while.. graphics are very nice if you have the system to play it... as for the bad parts of the game, it is VERY short game and lacks depth, *spoiler warning* where you become king you would have keptVERY disappointed in this game... really anticipated it seeing that i played a counted 400 hours of the lost chapters.. Its combat is fun but a bit button mashy and repetitive after a while.. graphics are very nice if you have the system to play it... as for the bad parts of the game, it is VERY short game and lacks depth, *spoiler warning* where you become king you would have kept promises before and you can choose to keep them by trying to make the kingdom better (VERY expensive but people will love you and you get good points) or you can choose to break them (this is the evil side people will hate you BUT you will have A LOT of money), i chose to play the good side of things and it turned out to saved the kingdom from an attack i had to make 6,500000 gold. Now that will add many hours to the game but very BORING hours. *end of spoiler warning*
    Coop is awful... its very hard to get a game where someone doesnt kick you out of theirs and if you do try and join a game you need the exact same dlcs as they do (sucks for me cause i have pre ordered free items) My recomendation: Buy the first fable (Fable: The Lost Chapters) and play that.. it has much more depth is much more enjoyable and an overall better game.
  96. Jun 14, 2011
    Lets see. Fable 1 - Great replay value, i finished it at least 5 times(yes my social life went on the back burner for some time).
    Fable 3- I finished it for the sole purpose of saying i did that. nothing was a challenge, graphics looked almost as if they used the fable 2 engine, story line was average and your choices didnt really effect how the game played out. the spell weaving idea was pretty fun though i felt, making lightning strike enemies while they were being blown around in a mini tornado felt pretty good. no fight was a challenge though. it was missing something fable 2 also lacked. the boss element. i mean c'mon Jack of Blades was one of the funnest fights I've done in any game. being evil just made you look like you hadn't slept for 3 weeks, no horns, no fire at your feet. all in all - this game took one weekend out of my life and i'd now like it back
  97. Jun 14, 2011
    I wanted to like this game, I really did. Iâ
  98. Jun 13, 2011
    Fun game, i enjoyed playing fable series but the controls are some what lame for PC loin-head should have made more PC friendly controls but that was the only major issue i had with fable 3 other then that i found it be amusing
  99. Jun 13, 2011
    Repetitive relationship quests that compare to an MMO grind fest. Too many similar looking NPCs. Unbalanced combat system. Feels more like a platformer than an RPG. The humor is nice when you start, but gets old real quick.
  100. Jun 12, 2011
    I really don't understand all the negative critics I see here, this game is brilliant and gives you much fun. Yes, it is not an FPS, but that should not be if it is an RPG, is it? Buy it, it gives you hours and hours of fun, and much additional content is already available at very affordable costs, to keep you playing and playing.
  101. Jun 5, 2011
    It feels like a step in the wrong direction. Fable 2 was a large improvement over Fable 1, and I expected the same thing to happen going from Fable 2 to Fable 3. Not so. The developers have made strange interface changes that immediately feel like they're hindering the game. The combat is nearly identical in the way it plays in Fable 2. That's not necessarily a bad thing. But add on toIt feels like a step in the wrong direction. Fable 2 was a large improvement over Fable 1, and I expected the same thing to happen going from Fable 2 to Fable 3. Not so. The developers have made strange interface changes that immediately feel like they're hindering the game. The combat is nearly identical in the way it plays in Fable 2. That's not necessarily a bad thing. But add on to that the absence of a large variety of weapons and armor and combat soon grows dull. Combining spells is a nice touch, but having fewer spells than the last game is NOT a good decision. I like the weapons that slowly change throughout the game, but why not have that AND large supply of other weapons to use? The environments are larger but seem more empty than Fable 2. The graphics are pretty nice but you'll need a very hefty PC to play on max settings. They haven't added enough new features to the game and the one they have don't make up for it or don't even work. There's some good stuff here, but it's hindered by lack of variety and innovation. Collapse

1. Pelit (Finland)
    Oct 19, 2011
    An excellent interactive fairy tale. Due to interesting moral choices, it has a lot of replay potential. [June 2011]
  2. PC Format
    Jul 12, 2011
    A competent example of a PC port and of an RPG, but its obsessions with consumerism dampens the adventure. [Aug 2011, p.100]
  3. PC PowerPlay
    Jul 10, 2011
    A fun, light-hearted romp, but one that pales in light of its predecessors. [Aug 2011, p.68]