Fallout 3 PC

7.9

1. Feb 12, 2017
    I played the great Fallout 1 and the "in my opinion not so great" Fallout 2, so I was very excited to explore the Fallout world in 3D.
    The start is a masterpiece: Being born, try the first steps as a baby, explore the vault and later the world. Unfortunately there are some elements in the game, that destroy a much better score: First of all, it is no more a round based game, but much more a shooter for Action, Action, Action. Very bad decision.
    Technically this game doesnt work on Win 7...lol... you need a mod, that users made. This is inexcusable.
    Speaking of mods: there are plenty of them and many are useful, so download them.
    After many hours the game starts to repeat, because many things are just copied and pasted in the world: the houses, the enemies. Level scaling is a key word: Even in the later game you will still fight with RAD Scorpions for example -.-
    Many things are restricted: the story and dialogs are linear, so you will not have many decisions to play a quest. The same goes for your character: The most fun is still a sniper/ shooter character.
    The strong women characters were annoying: 50-55kg woman fighting with a big minigun (hmm 10kg?). They are very unfriendly, masculin. Gender politics, brain washing and so on... easy to see through. As a bad guy I killed many of them for being too rude and vain to me :)
    The idea to listen to radios is fun, but the moderator Three Dogs could be less childish.
    The DLCs are dissappointing: too much shooter with a bad AI, especially Anchorage and Zeta.

But there are improvements in the game: Graphic with some mods looks great of course.
    In F1 you could choose 1 new perk every 3 levels, in F3 you get an extra every level, which is better in my opinion.
    The main story and the side quests are very well written and motivate to play the game more and more.
    There are many areas just for exploring without any quest and still got a lot of content + stories to tell. This way exploring makes fun.

Overall a very good game, but not perfect. It has a high fun level, but too many elements are too annoying. 8,5/10
  2. Feb 2, 2017
    If we consider this game as a fallout - it will be very bad. If we consider this game as a Bethesda-RPG - it will certantly be one of the best. **** were dissapointed, but it still worth gaming.
  3. Jan 1, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Fallout 3 is the Fifth game in the Fallout Franchise and the first game in the series published by Bethesda. The game runs on the engine used for Elder Scrolls: Oblivion and brings the games from a top-down perspective to a third-person/first-person perspective.

FO 3 departs from the original setting of the West Coast of California and centers itself squarely in the ruins of Post-Apocalyptic Washington, DC. As Bethesda itself is in neighboring Maryland, it's no surprise that the ruined DC looks great. There's a nice atmosphere going, aside from the excessive green tint to everything.

Your character is a Vault Dweller, raised in Vault 101 by your single father, James. James tries to instill virtues into your character as you grow up, and then when you're 19, he ditches you and escapes the Vault for who knows why. And that begins your quest to catch up with him out in the Wasteland.

As an RPG, the game is rather primitive. When you have a choice, you tend to only have two - good vs. evil, with a third option far too rare. And even when you make a choice, it generally doesn't affect more of the story, which is a failure of the writing team. Instead, the game relies heavily on combat and action, so having more charismatic or 'intellectual' characters in the Wasteland rarely fits.

But as an action shooter, it's inconsistent, especially early on. Your ability to hit is based on your 'skill' from the RPG mechanics, so having a low skill those will put you in trouble rather quickly. Many of the areas you have to travel through as part of your quests are set up as linear 'action stages' - some of which deliver a healthy dose of combat, while some miss out on great opportunities. I thought the big climax fight of the main story from the Citadel to the Purifier could have been much more grand if Liberty Prime weren't involved and it was just you, your follower, and a squad of elite Paladins assaulting the enemy forces.

Ultimately, Fallout 3 doesn't know what it is. It's not a great RPG because it relies on action and shooting. It's not a great shooter because it relies on RPG mechanics and fails to deliver at key moments.

The result is somewhere in-between shooter and RPG. It offers more choices to a fan of shooters than they usually get, but pigeonholes fans of sandbox RPGs into linear action sequences.
  4. Dec 16, 2016
    Totally. Worst. Sequel. Ever. This game began to annoy me from the very beggining, and it's ending still annoying me: This damn green color everywhere, dolls - characters, stupid Washington city, which doesn't make any sence, because it have unbroken houses, no nobody lives there, copy-paste with G.E.C.K., Enclave, Supermutants, which not supposed to be here. And the most important thing -Totally. Worst. Sequel. Ever. This game began to annoy me from the very beggining, and it's ending still annoying me: This damn green color everywhere, dolls - characters, stupid Washington city, which doesn't make any sence, because it have unbroken houses, no nobody lives there, copy-paste with G.E.C.K., Enclave, Supermutants, which not supposed to be here. And the most important thing - it's stupid, uniformly and boring to play. This game totally dissapointed me, and i don't trust Bethesda anymore. Expand
  5. Nov 16, 2016
    As a huge fan of Fallout 1-2 and also Elder Scrolls series this one of the best thing that could ever happen to me in the gaming world. I remember Fallout 1 was one of the game that really helped me to learn English and I believe Fallout 3 is decent sequel.
    10/10.
  6. Sep 15, 2016
    Esse jogo é tão vasto e denso, tantas coisas para se fazer e tanto para se explorar, esse jogo é um MUST PLAY se vc gosta de RPGs, Fallout 3 foi um jogo feito com carinho.
  7. Sep 14, 2016
    Really this game is much better than Fallout 4, in that you can find good quests (not a lot) and interesting world, and yes, it doesn't f**k the Lore!
  8. Sep 9, 2016
    Back when it was released, it was really fun. As a Fallout series fan since the original, i was very eager to play this. While not a true Fallout 2 sequel, it was fun and immersive, and i enjoyed it despite its faults.

Make no mistake, this is little more than Oblivion with guns, but at least it doesn't have the level scaling... The story is mediocre, there are few memorable

The story is mediocre, there are few memorable characters, and the game is not that hard or complex to play, but it is fun to explore the capital wasteland, and back in the day, when the PS360 era was fairly new, this game was revolutionary.

So, all in all, while i wouldn't replay it today, i believe it was worth the praise it got, despite tis faults.
  9. Sep 6, 2016
    The Fallout series has always had this unique vibe with the gameplay and the world itself. The Storyline is developed and shows conflict but risking your life and sacrificing your father just to purify water is a bit off. The land is huge. Not as big as GTAV or Just Cause 2 but still... It is huge. It gives the player a reminder that Fallout 3 is a free roam and free choice RPG andThe Fallout series has always had this unique vibe with the gameplay and the world itself. The Storyline is developed and shows conflict but risking your life and sacrificing your father just to purify water is a bit off. The land is huge. Not as big as GTAV or Just Cause 2 but still... It is huge. It gives the player a reminder that Fallout 3 is a free roam and free choice RPG and that the player doesn't need to follow the story. The content is overwhelmingly massive. Almost all the NPCs have something to say when you interact, just like other Bethesda games like Skyrim. Fallout 3 also has a good and reliable modding community so you will never get bored. For a game, made in 2008 and still popular today is incredible. Fallout 3 really is 'the ultimate video game.' Expand
  10. Aug 19, 2016
    A good RPG ? No.
    A good game ? Absolutely.
    The 3rd installment in the parodical post-apocalyptic franchise is fun and addictive. The stage is still one of the best maps to explore today (2016.) Dialogues and quests are often mediocre, but the environmental narrative is a thing of beauty, with terrific details. The gameplay has much improved since its predecessors. In particular the
    A good RPG ? No.
    A good game ? Absolutely.

The gameplay has much improved since its predecessors. In particular the interface, which makes playing not a chore anymore.

There still are obvious flaws though, including some old classics which I thought had been banned years ago. For instance:

- The insufferable level cap. Here a record offender: I reached it at about 20% of map exploration. Sure, you need one, since you made the mistake of capping your stats and skills, but what about balancing the progression then ? Oh, right, you can't because...

- Respawn. I've been hating those for decades. It's one of them games where you have to kill constantly to get a piece of quiet, then redo it every time you pass by the same place. Because repetition is fun ? Nope, because more "content" for cheap. A secondary issue here is that spawns' levels are related to mine. And since I reach the XP cap very early, my fellow humans start dying very early as well. Bye caravans.

- There is a karma system so, of course, strange things will happen, like moral biases and a karma display on your forehead for everyone to see. My favorite ? Pickpocketing is evil: better kill the mark and loot his body. My least favorite: Tranquility Lane; it's so bad, I heard Buddha is coming back to sue.

- Two skills use both a threshold and a mini-game. The designer couldn't make up his mind. The lock-pick game is a particularly annoying time waster, probably spitted out by the same sadistic bureaucrat who designed the worst lock-picking of all time in Oblivion.

- I sometimes resent that I am the only person in the world who needs spare parts to repair my equipment.

- Not for everybody, but important for low perception players: the RPG is bad at visual clues. Many things happen, and often end, before I even realise. Noticing anything but a Quantum soda is hard, even a corpse I just sniped. I had to replay every scene in the rotunda, as each time the story decided to develop out of my reach. Talking about visuals, the map itself is a disaster, useless inside buildings, clumsy outside with no colours, no filters, and with 1 miserable personal marker.

Anyway, there are many things that could be improved, but it's still fun the way it is. There is one true disappointment though: in many if not most locations, you have two options and two options only, either do nothing, or kill everyone/destroy the place, directly or indirectly. That's true for the vaults, 2 major towns, villages, every raider camp (raiders aren't even considered humans,) and much, much more !
  11. Aug 2, 2016
    I don't know how so many people reviewed this so highly. Fallout 3, as a game, is directionless and vague in all it does, poorly structured (you can skip out half the story if you're not careful), caters for gaming idiots and worst of all is anything but true to the Fallout name.
  12. Jul 25, 2016
    Compared to the writing and zany variety of Fallout New Vegas, this game may seem dull and unpolished.

However, Fallout 3 makes a genre-defining statement for its later games, with constructing a setting that is both incredibly immersive and unique. The music, the map, the dungeons, the culture of the world. It's a world I return to every once in a while, in order to once again develop an appreciation for; in order to remind myself of what came long ago.

Do not disservice yourself by avoiding this game. It is the progenitor, the seed of its most recent "sequels".
  13. Jul 6, 2016
    The first Fallout game I played. I loved it a lot and it was probably because of it's atmosphere and the fact that I really enjoyed adventure games. Though replaying the game, I realised the problems that the game actually had, and that was the story and characters of it. The ending of the game was just fking terrible, Fawkes being a little **** and not going into the purifier thing whenThe first Fallout game I played. I loved it a lot and it was probably because of it's atmosphere and the fact that I really enjoyed adventure games. Though replaying the game, I realised the problems that the game actually had, and that was the story and characters of it. The ending of the game was just fking terrible, Fawkes being a little **** and not going into the purifier thing when he could because he was immune to radiation was just **** And you had to buy the Broken Steel dlc to even have a different ending, which is just cheap of the developers. The characters feel like robots and their dialogue is mundane. I still love the game though, as much as my father still loved me after I blew up megaton. Expand
  14. Jul 6, 2016
    Gameplay : 9
    Graphics : 9
    Story : 8
    Sound : 8
    Overall : 9
  15. Jun 18, 2016
    Tons of references of good films with a good story behind. Literally buoght ps3 just to play it, its just too much to explain and postproduction is exponentially good
  16. Jun 12, 2016
    Probably the closest thing to a perfect game, and easily a 10/10. Everything you love about Oblivion's vast open-world RPG style, but with a great Fallout story in a post-apocalyptic wasteland. Top notch main quests, seemingly endless side-quests, huge map to explore, excellent leveling, skill point, and karma system. There's really nothing negative that I can say about this game. AnProbably the closest thing to a perfect game, and easily a 10/10. Everything you love about Oblivion's vast open-world RPG style, but with a great Fallout story in a post-apocalyptic wasteland. Top notch main quests, seemingly endless side-quests, huge map to explore, excellent leveling, skill point, and karma system. There's really nothing negative that I can say about this game. An overall unforgettable gaming experience with a wide variety of immersive post-apocalyptic adventures. Highly recommended. Expand
  17. Jun 4, 2016
    tvtgghggtgyggtgttgtgtgtggtytygtyvyvgyvgvyytvtyvytvgvgyvytvgvytbybyyvyyvtvtyvvygvytvtyvytvtyvtvtyvytvytvytgtvgyvugvgyvtyvgvgyyuvgyvyyvgvgyygduhdubydbugdbuhddgubugbddugbdbugdugbd
  18. Jun 4, 2016
    Rather boring, fade story telling, similar to each other quest lines lead to the one of decent but disappointing game on my list. The second I got into game, I started wondering if there wasn't any way to make the world more gloomy (it's the end of the mankind for the sake!). Lack of quests to make (I did only 19 even though I've spend a lot of the time looking). And your dad seems toRather boring, fade story telling, similar to each other quest lines lead to the one of decent but disappointing game on my list. The second I got into game, I started wondering if there wasn't any way to make the world more gloomy (it's the end of the mankind for the sake!). Lack of quests to make (I did only 19 even though I've spend a lot of the time looking). And your dad seems to hate you (beware he's hiding it from ya). Notwithstanding, I had a fun time playing. Expand
  19. May 20, 2016
    Despite some technical issues, the large and unforgiving post-apocalyptic world of Fallout 3 is filled with dangerous bandits, deadly mutants and tons of quests to finish.
  20. May 13, 2016
    Fallout 3 was the first game from Bethesda I have ever played and after 800+ hours its still my favorite game.
    And after Fallout 4 was presented I started to play the game one more time and write this review.
  21. Apr 15, 2016
    Me lo recomendo un amigo y lo bien que hice en hacerle caso, recuerdo que me enconto ese ambiente gris y decaido del holocausto nuclear que era el yermo, salir y explorar en una mezcla de shooter con rol que me gusto mucho y de una historia muy epica.
  22. Apr 8, 2016
    Fun enough. Doesn't really capture the spirit of the original games. The atmosphere is good, and surviving and exploring in the wastes feels pretty good.

There's the germ of a great game here, but it's buried under a big smear of flatness

Look to New Vegas for a much better experience.
  23. Apr 6, 2016
    Its like Skyrim with guns!!!!

Not a lot of sniper rifles so you can't really 360 no scope in this shooter game.... Nuke megaton or kill ur son okay in serious news, Fallout 3 is a solid experience through and through. Bethesda manages once again to throw the player in a large sandbox world with many different things to do and explore. The VATS system is a little clunky but overall
    Its like Skyrim with guns!!!!

Nuke megaton or kill ur son

okay in serious news, Fallout 3 is a solid experience through and through. Bethesda manages once again to throw the player in a large sandbox world with many different things to do and explore. The VATS system is a little clunky but overall the mechanics are fine. I promise not to ruin the story but in my personal opinion the story was very disappointing. You can actually skip about half the story on accident if you're not careful. The story is hands down the most vague story that we've seen so far with the Fallout series and even with the expansions adding more story content, Fallout 3 doesn't feel like enough with Point Lookout being my favorite and the Mothership Zeta being the most corny.
  24. Apr 3, 2016
    Fallout 3. Immersive, intriguing, and badass. The story is one of the best stories in gaming. I find it to be just as good a story as BioShock. You may hear,"Oh it's just you tryna find your dad. It's really not that interesting." To HELL with that. You need to actually expirience this game in order to truly and fully appreciate Fallout 3's story. Three issues I have with the game. NumberFallout 3. Immersive, intriguing, and badass. The story is one of the best stories in gaming. I find it to be just as good a story as BioShock. You may hear,"Oh it's just you tryna find your dad. It's really not that interesting." To HELL with that. You need to actually expirience this game in order to truly and fully appreciate Fallout 3's story. Three issues I have with the game. Number one, the game will not work properly on Windows 7 or above. Now this CAN BE FIXED. If you cannot figure it out, message me because I want you to enjoy this game. Number two, the visuals are not impressive. This was to be expected with a huge open world RPG such as this. Like most other games, you can modify this game. Taking the visuals to a whole 'nother level. It rivals SKYRIM and BIOSHOCK INFINITE. That said, you need a beefy graphics card to handle the visual mods. With advanced shaders, blue skies and better looking textures, this game looks phenomenal. I don't enjoy the fact that you have to modify the game to make it prettier, but what has to be done must be done. Having siad that, the game isn't unbearable vanilla. I said the visuals are not impressive, not that they are bad. Number three, Fallout has a reputation for being one of the BUGGIEST PIECES OF LOVELY **** It isn't as bad as DayZ but the fact that the two can even be compared is saddening to me. Fortunately, most common and random bugs disappear when playing on pc. They occasionally occur and most are easy fixes. Most. Crashing is eliminated with a 4gb patch and stuttering is solved with a simple mod. At long last you can enjoy your childhood once more at 60fps (good graphics card) and no crashing as it did on console. I rate 10/10 vanilla on PC, 9/10 on console and with mods 11/10. I would recommend this game a million times if I could. Expand
  25. Jan 5, 2016
    buggy but brilliant when it works

-great radio -interesting NPCs -loads of quests and locations to visit -Companions (although they do die easily) -Can be good or evil -hours and hours of entertainment If you don't like wandering back and forth from place to place without a run button, then this game is not for you. If you like slowly wandering and discovering new places to
    buggy but brilliant when it works

-great radio
    -interesting NPCs
    -loads of quests and locations to visit
    -Companions (although they do die easily)
    -Can be good or evil
    -hours and hours of entertainment

If you don't like wandering back and forth from place to place without a run button, then this game is not for you. If you like slowly wandering and discovering new places to shoot and loot, then this is the game for you.

Warning: Save your game all the freaking time and look up the console commands
  26. Jan 5, 2016
    i don't care. This to me is the best Fallout game of them all and this game is exactly the reason why i was disappointed with Fallout 4. So on with the review then.

Pros: -The atmosphere like any Fallout game is just pitch perfect. From the desolate city of Megaton to the destroyed Washington DC. Everything just looks amazing and it feels like a world gone to hell. -The story. This

Pros:
    -The story. This is what i was disappointed with in Fallout 4. The story in 4 is very simplistic but in this game it's anything but. You can be a good guy and save everyone and they will treat you like a hero or you can be an **** and people will try to kill you. It's up to you really. Do you save Megaton and do possibly the worst quests in the game for Moira or do you detonate the nuke in the middle of the town and be hated by everybody. It's all up to you.

Cons:
    -If i had to nitpick i would say that the graphics haven't aged all that well and the combat is nothing to cheer about but it doesn't distract from the experience. Fallout 3 is a great game and any fans of action RPG's should check it out.
  27. Dec 21, 2015
    I got a copy of this game at a Gamestop for less than $20 on the Xbox 360 along with a few other miscellaneous titles. At first, it just sat on my shelf gathering dust, but eventually, after getting frustrated with the disgrace that was Halo Reach, I finally plunked it in not knowing what to expect. What I got was an experience like no other. It was my first time with a western RPG, I gotI got a copy of this game at a Gamestop for less than $20 on the Xbox 360 along with a few other miscellaneous titles. At first, it just sat on my shelf gathering dust, but eventually, after getting frustrated with the disgrace that was Halo Reach, I finally plunked it in not knowing what to expect. What I got was an experience like no other. It was my first time with a western RPG, I got lucky that it was a Fallout game. From The Interesting characters to the wondrous landscapes and not to mention the humor spread throughout this masterpiece, it was enough to make me buy it again on the PC. Even though it was the same story and the graphics were starting to show their age there was still more to explore and more adventures to be had. The added bonus of mod support gives this game even more replayability than it had on its on. Even after playing Fallout New Vegas, even after playing Fallout 4, This is still my favorite Fallout game and my favorite game of all time. Only reason I'm not giving it a ten is because of the immersion breaking bugs that Bethesda is famous for. This was somewhat acceptable back then but is 100% inexcusable for their modern titles like Skyrim and Fallout 4. For the love of god, test your games Bethesda. Expand
  28. Dec 14, 2015
    Very good game and super cheap on steam. The world is massive with hundreds of hours of replayability. The shooting is interesting as it's impossible to hit anything if your accuracy is bad. Overall just really fun and worth the $10 it is on steam
  29. Dec 14, 2015
    Worst fallout ever. It's not a fallout, this **** is in the beautiful wrapping - bad and illogical storyline. Why? Throughout the game you will find only four homeless people suffering without clean water. 200 years after war but the feeling that it has been a couple of years. Stupid locations as DUNGEON of kids or town with ****ty superheroes of a new time. **** endless subway, dungeonsWorst fallout ever. It's not a fallout, this **** is in the beautiful wrapping - bad and illogical storyline. Why? Throughout the game you will find only four homeless people suffering without clean water. 200 years after war but the feeling that it has been a couple of years. Stupid locations as DUNGEON of kids or town with ****ty superheroes of a new time. **** endless subway, dungeons and vaults.
    -Hello, i need your help - kill all vampires - u must go to the **** metro
    -Hello, help us to destroy their base - u must go to the **** metro
    -Hello, help me to find my inventory - u must go to the **** dungeon.
    -Hello, we fightig against mutants, help us - u must go to the **** metro.
    -Hello, go the vault and find "this" item - 1 more hour for this quest.
    Monotonous location. Big useless boring Washington.
    Sniper rifle is not able to kill a supermutant from 5 shots, but gun that 1000 years make it easy for 2-shot.

Play fallout 1-2, new vegas and 4 (shooter with rpg elements (NOT RPG with shooter elements), simulator of sims, homeless, magpie and blacksmith), but never play to this ****.
    1 point for music
    1 point for 2 interesting dlc
  30. Dec 10, 2015
    the worst game in the fallout franchise, everything except combat is worse and dumbed down. good thing the combat system is improved from previous games because combat is what you will be doing 90 percent of this game. very little unique side quests, most are just repeatable dungeons, and the main story has atrocious writing and none of the factions make a lick of **** sense. the lore hasthe worst game in the fallout franchise, everything except combat is worse and dumbed down. good thing the combat system is improved from previous games because combat is what you will be doing 90 percent of this game. very little unique side quests, most are just repeatable dungeons, and the main story has atrocious writing and none of the factions make a lick of **** sense. the lore has been absolutely destroyed with the institute and the entire story. such a disappointment, fallout 3 was a great game even though it had many flaws but fallout 4 is a huge step backward. please just give the fallout franchise to obsidian and don't **** it up anymore Bethesda. Expand
  31. Nov 28, 2015
    Massive post-apocalyptic world and a huge amount of locations to explore. I think this statement best expresses this great RPG that is Fallout 3. The game's story is set in Washington and the surrounding areas. If you like a post-apocalyptic atmosphere, a lot of exploring, shooting, lots of side quests and advanced character leveling, then you are going to love this game. The completion ofMassive post-apocalyptic world and a huge amount of locations to explore. I think this statement best expresses this great RPG that is Fallout 3. The game's story is set in Washington and the surrounding areas. If you like a post-apocalyptic atmosphere, a lot of exploring, shooting, lots of side quests and advanced character leveling, then you are going to love this game. The completion of all main and side quests, finding all the locations and exploring them takes more than 80h (GOTY Edition). This can be done in either first or third person perspective.

Score: 9/10 - I would definitely recommend it!
  32. Nov 22, 2015
    + it's... Fallout. I waited ~10 years for this
    + nice graphics
    + VATS
    + Liam Neeson

A fun shooter with mutants, cliche story and unremarkable characters. Somehow I expected more from Bethesda (they created Morrowind after all). Still... it's ok.
  33. Nov 22, 2015
    I decided to play this game once more, so I did. And what a surprise, I found out how stupid I was. How can I ever like that kind of crap. No I'm no longer an idiot.
  34. Nov 11, 2015
    Fallout 4 has potential. but overall it is mediocre Bethesda game. You have to forgot about dull game play, stupid characters, bugs and wait for mods. If you are looking for a story you might pick another game. If you are looking for something that can keep you occupied for long so that you entertain yourself this is the game. Just don't expect much of this game. I regret buying it nowFallout 4 has potential. but overall it is mediocre Bethesda game. You have to forgot about dull game play, stupid characters, bugs and wait for mods. If you are looking for a story you might pick another game. If you are looking for something that can keep you occupied for long so that you entertain yourself this is the game. Just don't expect much of this game. I regret buying it now and not on sale. Expand
  35. Nov 8, 2015
    This was my first fallout game and the largest open world game I’ve ever played. It can be said that the main story is short and not all that good, but the beauty of this game is how much there is to see and do outside of the main story. I racked up 160 hours exploring every section of the map and I’m sure there are still things I missed. Now I’m excited to try out the other games in theThis was my first fallout game and the largest open world game I’ve ever played. It can be said that the main story is short and not all that good, but the beauty of this game is how much there is to see and do outside of the main story. I racked up 160 hours exploring every section of the map and I’m sure there are still things I missed. Now I’m excited to try out the other games in the series. Expand
  36. Nov 6, 2015
    this game has been out for 7 years now and with fallout 4 just around the corner i thought i should review this game well its not a great game but it is an enjoyable game but 100% positive of this game is the brilliant world design, which dose a great job to immerse you in its world and to make you want to find out more about the lore but back to the story the side quests and lore is wellthis game has been out for 7 years now and with fallout 4 just around the corner i thought i should review this game well its not a great game but it is an enjoyable game but 100% positive of this game is the brilliant world design, which dose a great job to immerse you in its world and to make you want to find out more about the lore but back to the story the side quests and lore is well written i can not say the same about the main story it dose start out as a interesting story but it goes downhill quickly and becomes bland and predictable story with really obvious moral dilemmas that you can easily tell what is the right thing to do and what's wrong overall i may have **** on this game quite a bit on this game but i still love it it keeps me going back to replay it from the start do to how fun the world is to explore Expand
  37. Oct 29, 2015
    Personally for me this game is a bit of a flop and i cant really fathom why it has such great scores. It isnt bad, but it certainly isnt great. It is horrendously buggy as well, even for a bethesda game. There is little in the way of narrative which means there is a lack of story to it. Its basically a big sandbox, but there are better sand boxes out there if you ask me. It is also aPersonally for me this game is a bit of a flop and i cant really fathom why it has such great scores. It isnt bad, but it certainly isnt great. It is horrendously buggy as well, even for a bethesda game. There is little in the way of narrative which means there is a lack of story to it. Its basically a big sandbox, but there are better sand boxes out there if you ask me. It is also a big problem in not being able to drive around the wasteland. A bike would have gone a long way to making this game better. It really is a bit like GTA without cars. The UI is pretty horrible and the dialogue screen is also pretty ugly. And I dont think the character models are particularly good either. The combat is ok, but again, could be better. All in all i actually enjoyed playing RAGE more than this, becaus ethe combat was better and there was a better storyline running through it. I think this is an average game. Get it on a big sale, but otherwise dont bother. There are better games out there if you ask me. Expand
  38. Oct 25, 2015
    Low violence version = low score review

The game wasn't even in danger of being censored or anything, it was just pure laziness on Bethesda's part to avoid the German violence rating process.
  39. Oct 18, 2015
    With Fallout 4 coming out in a month, the comparisons and fanboys/girls will be coming out soon and compare these two games to death. Fallout 4 will be streamlined, no doubt, and this will be the reason why so many will thing Fallout 3 is the better game. Having Played Fallout New Vegas before this, Fallout 3 had a high standard to beat. But surprisingly, it did very well. The atmosphereWith Fallout 4 coming out in a month, the comparisons and fanboys/girls will be coming out soon and compare these two games to death. Fallout 4 will be streamlined, no doubt, and this will be the reason why so many will thing Fallout 3 is the better game. Having Played Fallout New Vegas before this, Fallout 3 had a high standard to beat. But surprisingly, it did very well. The atmosphere of desolation is well-done and you feel quite alone in the wasteland. The nights are dark and you HAVE to rest or stumble in the dark, which builds very good atmosphere. I modded my games and I love it. Having come out more than 7 years ago, this game still holds out to this very day. Fallout New Vegas is the better of the two, but still, you'll have plenty of fun with this. So if you like open-world post-apocalyptic sandbox games with an actual story and worthwhile experience, you can't go wrong with a game that makes drinking water feel so refreshing. Expand
  40. Oct 16, 2015
    My biggest regret is that the game dropped isometric views in favor of first and third over the shoulder. It also suffers from some drab coloring, a very brief story, and quite suicidal companions. Overall, though, the story is good, and their expansion of the world was worthy of its predecessor,
  41. Oct 8, 2015
    Say one thing about Bethesda, say they are the best in their field
    Like all of Bethesda games, this game is far from perfect and leaves you wanting for much more. The combat is clunky, the facts and animations are mediocre, the main plot is uninspiring half way through, the world doesn't react to you and the automatic res-pawn doesn't quite work.
    Despite all these things, this is your
    Say one thing about Bethesda, say they are the best in their field

Despite all these things, this is your best hiking simulator in a post apocalyptic world, and listen to the best oldies music, while romping in your powerarmor and plasma rifle, putting down critters and mutants alike and engaging in another interesting and comical situation from one of the various quests is simply awesome.
    Bethesda games are always released broken, due to that you should download some mods from the nexus to fix the game to your liking, mostly the combat system and aiming.
  42. Oct 7, 2015
    I love this game.

Growing up in a vault, all hell breaks loose and you take your first steps out into the world.

The Lone Wanderer from vault 101 they call you.

A big world to explore and alot of fun to be had.

You are equipped with the Pipboy, one of the coolest gadgets in gaming, really helps this game be even more fun.

Good or evil, you choose your path.
  43. Oct 5, 2015
    As much as I like this game, it felt pretty sub-par compared to New Vegas. The environment and story felt so much more like a post-apocalyptic game, however, it just felt pretty...dull. I enjoyed FNV more than this, for the sake of the environment and the liveliness.
  44. Sep 26, 2015
    When you develop or publish a game, and you somehow manage to have Liam Neeson in it, then that means that you made an excellent game. The graphics may be a bit mediocre, but the gameplay and the atmosphere are top-notch, and the voice-acting, especially Liam Neeson as the father, is amazing.
  45. Sep 18, 2015
    Boy did I love this game. It's what got me into the western RPG games. Everything from the rewarding aspect of exploring to the quirky far reaching writing, to the blending of 3rd person and FPS. First game where i'd set the camera shot before shutting down for the night. Good times.
  46. Sep 15, 2015
    A brilliantly made, extremely fun game. Though technically inferior to New Vegas, both in terms of story and content, I still vastly prefer Fallout 3. The sheer amount of detail, things to do, and unique setting make this one of the most interesting open world games around.
  47. Sep 11, 2015
    Meh.

I loved F1 and F2, and was really looking forward to F3. I played for about 10 hours, but ended up uninstalling it. I couldn't put my finger on it. It just wasn't compelling enough to continue. It felt very slow paced and uninteresting. Borderlands filled the void *really* well. :)
  48. Aug 31, 2015
    One of the best games ever made! I have spent hours in the Capitol Wasteland, numerous play throughs, and it never gets old. Exploration, story and game play are all awesome!
  49. Aug 11, 2015
    I am over 110 hours in and still finding things that i have not seen. This game is HUGE. Not only is it huge but it is a world worth exploring. This game is a Post Apocalyptic RPG and depicts the Future in Downtown Washington DC after WWIII. The charm of this game comes from the Retro 50's style the game has. The game does have a few problems.While it truly shines in Exploration,I am over 110 hours in and still finding things that i have not seen. This game is HUGE. Not only is it huge but it is a world worth exploring. This game is a Post Apocalyptic RPG and depicts the Future in Downtown Washington DC after WWIII. The charm of this game comes from the Retro 50's style the game has. The game does have a few problems.While it truly shines in Exploration, Memorable Sidequests and an unforgettable soundtrack you will sing along to in the entirety of your journey in the Wasteland. The game does not have a Sprint Button which makes it more difficult to traverse this huge Game World. It also suffers from Clunky Combat and Animations like plenty of Bethesda games have in the past. The community in this game is still pretty alive thanks to plenty of mods adding content and keeping the game up to date. This game is truly a MUST HAVE Action RPG for PC Gamers and Console Gamers alike. I must say this is my Favorite Game Of All Time despite some of its glaring problems. Expand
  50. Aug 5, 2015
    I never understood why people said that this isn't "fallout". Because it is much more different than previous fallout games. Take a look at gta 2 to gta 3, gta 3 pretty much changed everything and that is exactly what happened to fallout 3. Fallout 3 is a role playing game as well as a shooter as well taken place after a long time after a nuclear war hit america. It's story is pretty muchI never understood why people said that this isn't "fallout". Because it is much more different than previous fallout games. Take a look at gta 2 to gta 3, gta 3 pretty much changed everything and that is exactly what happened to fallout 3. Fallout 3 is a role playing game as well as a shooter as well taken place after a long time after a nuclear war hit america. It's story is pretty much you find your dad who has left you behind in the vault they were living in.

But overall the game is great, customization is not limited, you can play countless of hours of missions and side missions. As well as you can play in a Gained Karma/Lost Karma (aka good/evil) and you can change the fate of most events and you can shape the story in different ways.

Overall I personally like it, it's one of my favourite games due to it's creativity but it does lose some points in some parts of the game. One the graphics and colour design just doesn't go well with the mood. And yes I know the gray colour scheme is supposed to present a "depressed" mood on fallout. But does everything have to be gray and gloomy. Also another thing I would have liked is cinematic scenes in fallout. I know it's trying to be a role playing game thus why you are always looking at a person at the front of the face. But lack of cinematic scenes makes the story too empty. I personally don't care about the story missions compared to the side missions because the story wasn't all that exciting to me. And cinematic scenes would have changed that.

But other then that I love this game, one of the best games of all time.
  51. Jul 24, 2015
    10/10 Bethesda went to town on this one, better than Fallout New Vegas as this game is emotionally engaging and makes you care about the story in which fallout new Vegas' story was forgettable and more of a chore than an engaging story. Fallout 3 takes you through the life of your chosen vault dweller and makes character development with your Dad who you get a genuine lump in your throat10/10 Bethesda went to town on this one, better than Fallout New Vegas as this game is emotionally engaging and makes you care about the story in which fallout new Vegas' story was forgettable and more of a chore than an engaging story. Fallout 3 takes you through the life of your chosen vault dweller and makes character development with your Dad who you get a genuine lump in your throat when he ***spoilers***dies***spoilers but if you haven't played this game its your own fault for being so behind in playing masterpieces. Although its follow up game F:NV was an excellent game, it had less story telling, a smaller world and invisible walls that really took you out the experience. It had good potential and the name to back it up but would have gotten a lot lower rating if not for the elements introduced in fallout 3 by Bethesda. If fallout 4 is even half as good as this game, it will still be a master piece 11/10 Expand
  52. Jul 24, 2015
    This game stole my childhood. Bethesda crafted what is, in my opinion, the best RRG ever made. Although not perfect, it has some issues, the game's story, gameplay, side missions, characters, setting, DLC, dark humor, and exploration are incredible and blend in to make a wonderful journey in an otherwise dangerous and bleak world. It is a masterpiece without equal.
  53. Jul 22, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. One of the best games of last gen, has a great story line and had me longing to find the Dad. But still Fallout New Vegas is superior to Fallout 3. The graphics are still good to this day. Expand
  54. Jun 27, 2015
    I know this is an old game but boy was it terrible. Go here do this... go here get that... I hate fetch quests and this game seems like one big fetch quest... I bet the story is horrible... I gave up...
  55. Jun 22, 2015
    GET THE GOTY. Nice game, somewhat crash happy like all fallout games :P but it had nice mods and bug fixes. it can be stabilized on windows 7 with some mods.
  56. Jun 16, 2015
    Still to this day the prime game of the series:

The Good: -Magnificent character development. -Great performances from Liam Neeson and Malcolm McDowell. -Fantastic weapons which feel powerful and highly destructive. -Writing is dark, witty and highly enjoyable. -The world and lore is huge, and is thrilling to learn and listen to. -Multiple endings and different paths for your
    Still to this day the prime game of the series:

The Good:
    -Magnificent character development.
    -Great performances from Liam Neeson and Malcolm McDowell.
    -Fantastic weapons which feel powerful and highly destructive.
    -Writing is dark, witty and highly enjoyable.
    -The world and lore is huge, and is thrilling to learn and listen to.
    -Multiple endings and different paths for your character to take.
    -Many secrets.
    -Highly replayable.

The Bad:
    -Has not aged well graphically.
    -Has a tendency to crash.
    -Still very buggy.
    -Gunplay is stiff and can be difficult.

The Ugly:
    -Super Mutants

Overall: My favourite game of all time, still play it to this day, and is still as good as I remember.
  57. Jun 11, 2015
    Maybe my rose tinted glasses are on but this game was flawless for 2008 now writing this review in 2015 with the announcement of Fallout 4 (HYPE!) i went back and played FO3 again and though the wasteland doesn't have much color and is a bit bland i had a great time with the vast wastelands and the struggling war torn cities with many memorable characters and companions (DOGMEAT!) theMaybe my rose tinted glasses are on but this game was flawless for 2008 now writing this review in 2015 with the announcement of Fallout 4 (HYPE!) i went back and played FO3 again and though the wasteland doesn't have much color and is a bit bland i had a great time with the vast wastelands and the struggling war torn cities with many memorable characters and companions (DOGMEAT!) the radio system and threedog is interesting and the karma system keeps you from being a complete **** and mini nuking everything with the fatboy a small gripe i had with the game was the facial mechanics because they stay dead looking into your **** soul but besides that its a great story also known as you worship your dad (Liam Nessan)

Either way its a great game with a vast open world, memorable characters, and a good story.
  58. May 27, 2015
    I have encountered feelings with this title because of its name "Fallout" with a consecutive number that has broken the saga of isometric RPG with this first person shooter. The vanilla game also is plain, with very poor NPC design, an easy RPG system and a linear story-line. But it has one of the strongest mod systems in history of games that makes it one of the best RPG and good-lookingI have encountered feelings with this title because of its name "Fallout" with a consecutive number that has broken the saga of isometric RPG with this first person shooter. The vanilla game also is plain, with very poor NPC design, an easy RPG system and a linear story-line. But it has one of the strongest mod systems in history of games that makes it one of the best RPG and good-looking games even in 2015. The NMCs textures with MMM and FWE are crucial to make this a game challenging, or better, play Fallout 3 with the FNV engine with Tale of Two Wastelands. Whatever, the GECK toolset is the best of this game and turns it incredibly deep. Expand
  59. May 12, 2015
  60. Apr 18, 2015
    Awesome game if you like having to save every 2 minutes as it crashed to desktop constantly, and has to be restarted, i persevered as it was a lot of fun, but the constant crashing got too much and game was removed after about 30 hours game play
  61. Mar 30, 2015
    Bethesdas next gem, Fallout 3 takes place in the capital wasteland after an apocalyptic war. The player is placed inside of Vault 101, one of the few last known surviving vault in the wastes, not to mention the last sane vault. Unfortunately after years of constant stress to save the wasteland, the players father escapes the vault causing the inhabitants to go on a rampage. After aBethesdas next gem, Fallout 3 takes place in the capital wasteland after an apocalyptic war. The player is placed inside of Vault 101, one of the few last known surviving vault in the wastes, not to mention the last sane vault. Unfortunately after years of constant stress to save the wasteland, the players father escapes the vault causing the inhabitants to go on a rampage. After a dangerous escape the player is given free roam through the hazardous Capital wasteland in search for is father, and the G.E.C.K (garden Eden creation kit) Expand
  62. Mar 24, 2015
    Fallout makes the jump to first person, and while a glorious step in the right direction it suffers from some serious flaws. While many of these flaws may seem like minor nitpicks to a lot of them are serious issues. You play a character who will become known as the Lone Wander, at first wandering out of the Vault you grew up in, to search for your father. This fallows the same plot lineFallout makes the jump to first person, and while a glorious step in the right direction it suffers from some serious flaws. While many of these flaws may seem like minor nitpicks to a lot of them are serious issues. You play a character who will become known as the Lone Wander, at first wandering out of the Vault you grew up in, to search for your father. This fallows the same plot line where things expand from the main quest which evolves into a plot where you eventually end up having to save the world from a sinister evil force.

The good: Fallout finally reaching first person makes this game nearly amazing. Your first steps out of the vault presents you with a dire wasteland that seems to stretch on for ever. The game retains many of the mutant creatures we've all become familiar with in Fallout, and some new and interesting additions are wandering the wastes. The world is flushed, and if you pay attention to the NPCs you'll get quests galore. The game also encourages you to explore, and the more you explore the better a position you'll be in when you reach the end game. There are some amazingly well done moments in this game, and like the rest of the Fallout franchise there's some big voice talent backing the cast. The game also retains the S.P.E.C.I.A.L. primary stats, skill based derived stats, perks and traits system Fallout is famous for. With several expansions in the form of DLC that add hours of game play and even more fantastic stories to play through this game really does shine inspite of it's flaws. The best part, for PC gamers at least, is the mod-friendliness of the game, which will give the game life long after you've explored all the possibilities through multiple play throughs. The GECK program which is free from Bathesda's Fallout 3 site is also great and gives you the ability to modify the game to your heart's content if the creativity bug bites you. Also the game retains the ability to cripple the limbs of enemies either in real time combat, or using the V.A.T.S. targeting system.

The bad: Even when this game came out it had some issues, one of which is the graphics which were dated in 2008. I can't blame the game too much for this as it uses the same version of the Gamebryo engine that Oblivion used. Even with the latest updates this game has some bugs, though very few of them are game breakers. The story is a bit on the lack luster side until your father (voiced by Liam Neson) dies. As a hard core Fallout fan the biggest complaint is the fact that the game really eschews the lore of Fallout. There are quite a few things that don't fit, most of the energy weapons have been redesigned, the Vault doors look nothing like the ones in previous games, and worst of all power armor doesn't feel like well power armor. The game lacks a lot of the dark humor that populated the original two Fallout games, mixed with the depressing atmosphere this can make the game a arduous experience. The lack of any usable vehicles, or even a horse or mount of any kind makes treks through the wasteland exasperatingly long. The final offence is that you can only have 2 companions, while in previous game you it was based on your charisma stat, allowing up to 5 with max charisma, along with an extra with a certain perk.

Side note: The V.A.T.S. targeting system can sometimes feel useless because of the real time combat of the game. On the other hand it's always entertaining to watch a slow motion scene of an enemies head exploding when using V.A.T.S.

The final word: While a great game that does manage to capture most of the feel of Fallout it just doesn't quite live up to it's Isometric ancestors. The lore is a bit broken and it feels less Fallout than other Fallouts. Still it fits well enough in to the Fallout universe and style that even the most purist fans can appreciate it. It's a fantastic RPG despite it's flaws and for Fallout fans it's a great jump back in to the post nuclear apocalyptic retro 1950's sensibilities of a universe we've come to love. For RPG, FPS, and Fallout fans this game is a great addition to your library. Though it does feel more family friendly than previous instalments with the lack of Fallout's legendary sleaze factor, and lacking the ability to shoot people in the groins.
  63. Mar 14, 2015
    Keep in mind, I am reviewing this game without all the DLC added to it.

Keep in mind, I am reviewing this game without all the DLC added to it.

Fallout 3 has one of the best stories I've ever seen in video game history, it is well written, very emotional and incredibly interesting. Explorations is by all means great, from vaults to caves to ruined cities and to a wasteland with deadly abominations. The graphics are beautiful and very well done from Bethesda, of course it's nothing compared to today's generation of game graphics, but for its time it was great.
    The voice acting is rather average to say the least, Liam Neeson did an excellent job at performing the role of James (Dad), and Erik Todd Dellums did an extremely good job at performing the role of Three Dog. However, the main questline is rather short, being approximately 5-6 hours if you only focus on it rather than side quests. The biggest negative about this game is you cannot continue after the ending. This game is still good to say the least, but up in till the end you will be quite disappointed.
  64. Mar 10, 2015
    First Fallout game I ever played. Loved it to death. Explored everything, went everywhere. Characters varied in depth, but overall I really got into the story. Vault dweller aspect was really cool.

The graphics were also really good for the time. Variability of skins, armor and weapons was also pretty good, so I didn't really get bored with them. Having a companion with you was a nice touch, but the AI pathing for them was a bit glitchy at times.
  65. Jan 14, 2015
    Played this game in 2009, had fun, don't remember if I finished it or not.....
    Played this game in 2009, had fun, don't remember if I finished it or not.....
    Having finished Divinity:Original Sin and finding nothing comparable to it as of Jan. 2015, I was jonesing for a decent game and went through my old games collection. I re-installed Fallout 3 from disk, (remember disks?), and have been having a great amount of fun in it. Of course the graphics are 2008 vintage, but GOOD vintage. The marvelous open world of Washington D.C., post bombs, is a deadly place crawling with absurd mutations and Mad-Max like gangs of survivors, and you simply go from place to place shooting them in the face with whatever weapons you can find. Sounds childish, and is, but in a childish glee-like fashion. The game seems to run well on my mid-low end PC, and I'm having mindless fun. The gameworld is actually HUGE, full of discoverable places much like other Bethesda open world games. i'm having huge amounts of fun, even after 6 years of ageing on this game engine.

I admit that I set off an atomic bomb in the survivor's town of Megaton, just to see the mushroom cloud.
    Killed dozens of innocent people in doing so, but hey, whatcha gonna do? Cheers to Bethesda for making a game that's actually enjoyable after 6 years of ageing.

8/10 Would nuke innocent men, women , and children again. P.S., I thought that the early 1900's crooner soundtrack actually served as a chilling counterpoint to the wanton and gratuitous carnage.
  66. Jan 10, 2015
    FO3 is a great game my favorite of all time...I read a lot of the "poor" reviews and its kinda a joke...most of these guys who hate the game are upset Bethesda owns the fallout franchise so in their mind Bethesda "ruined" it and didn't "stick to the lore" well its all nonsense...they're upset Bethesda owns fallout...the story was plenty good actually and it had a lot of randomness to it,FO3 is a great game my favorite of all time...I read a lot of the "poor" reviews and its kinda a joke...most of these guys who hate the game are upset Bethesda owns the fallout franchise so in their mind Bethesda "ruined" it and didn't "stick to the lore" well its all nonsense...they're upset Bethesda owns fallout...the story was plenty good actually and it had a lot of randomness to it, unlike new vegas.....fallout3 did have some flaws but its a very immerisive game when you first play it...I was immersed in the world for a year or so...hundreds of hours of playing easily Expand
  67. Jan 4, 2015
    My all-time favorite video game. I like New Vegas, too, but I find Fallout 3 offers a better narrative.

Unfortunately, if this game didn't have modders that have made it work right/better, this game would be a buggier mess than it already is. NOTE: You need mods to play this game correctly. Some people don't like to expend the energy to do so, and I understand it's daunting, but it's so worth it. I couldn't imagine playing this game without the Wanderer's Edition mod.

No, you don't need to have played the first two titles to appreciate this one.

Though this is an FPS/3rd person adventure, do not come in expecting it to be CoD/BF with a gripping storyline. It's far deeper than that.
  68. Dec 18, 2014
    One of the greatest game's I've very played. It's just so damn fun, and there's so much to do. You wouldn't imagine how many hours I put into this game. The graphics are sexy, the Storyline is really interesting, and there's also tons of side quests and other tasks to do so as well. They did a well done job with the DLC as well, I definitely recommend downloading the DLC. The achievementsOne of the greatest game's I've very played. It's just so damn fun, and there's so much to do. You wouldn't imagine how many hours I put into this game. The graphics are sexy, the Storyline is really interesting, and there's also tons of side quests and other tasks to do so as well. They did a well done job with the DLC as well, I definitely recommend downloading the DLC. The achievements also give you something to stride for so you can awesome experience. I got about 58 out of 72 done, it may take me a while but I won't give up. The way the game functions is a lot like Skyrim, so if you're a Skyrim fan you may like this a lot. If you ever have a chance and you see this at the store, I'd pick this up an a blink of an eye! Expand
  69. Dec 3, 2014
    Fallout 3 is a great game overall but it has a few flaws. The game is extremely "glitchy" and has crashed on me a few times. The graphics are dated. This game has the best video game intro ever. I also loved the storytelling in the game. I would buy this game with caution though because of its glitches.
  70. Dec 1, 2014
    It was one of my best experiences in terms of immersion when I felt alone in the devastated Wasteland, its story is one of my favorites about leaving the innocence to a merciless adult world, I love the chance to choose to play in 3rd or 1st person (I prefer 3rd), also I love the free, open and endless world to do whatever I want.

But it feels mostly oriented to casuals, it can't be

But it feels mostly oriented to casuals, it can't be played without DarNified, Fallout Wanderers Edition, NMCs Texture Pack, Mart's Mutant Mod, Fellout, DC Interiors Project, Reanimated, EVE, Project Beauty, Hair packs, male and female body replacers, weapons and armor additions, homes, Pip Boy replacers, or better, build your own mods!

Vanilla it deserves not more a 6, but modded is a solid 10, yes, the polishing work have done by the community but this is possible because it has one of the bests toolset out there, well thought Bethesda!
  71. Nov 18, 2014
    What really sells Fallout 3 for me is it's atmosphere. It does a great job of pulling you into the mindset of post-apocalyptia. It has a lot of flaws, certainly. The plot isn't really that great, nor is the combat system, but in my opinion it really does make up for those flaws. When I play Fallout 3, I really do feel like I'm a waster clinging to the last vestiges of humanity in aWhat really sells Fallout 3 for me is it's atmosphere. It does a great job of pulling you into the mindset of post-apocalyptia. It has a lot of flaws, certainly. The plot isn't really that great, nor is the combat system, but in my opinion it really does make up for those flaws. When I play Fallout 3, I really do feel like I'm a waster clinging to the last vestiges of humanity in a struggling world. I think the lore helps to cultivate this feeling, but other than that I can't really say. What I can say is that if you don't mind playing a greenish- brownish shooter, pick it up, you may be pleasantly surprised. Expand
  72. Oct 22, 2014
    THE best Bethesda game to date in my opinion. With over 200 hours in Fallout 3, the game just keeps on getting better. Counting aside some typical Bethesda bugs, this might just be the perfect game.
  73. Oct 1, 2014
    this is my most favoritest game i ever playeded!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  74. Sep 23, 2014
    War....War never changes but Gameplay does with excellent mods. Fallout 3 is one of the greater games of last gen. and is still fun to play. Its a FPS/TPS that sends you into a vast world of The Capital Wasteland to explore its chilling environment that can look excellent in today's standard with textures pack. But the game needs mods to add in that extra 100 hours.
  75. Aug 23, 2014
    Good game with lots of places to explore and quests to complete, it's a post-apocalyptic world where you carve your own path and choose to be good, evil or neutral.
  76. Aug 18, 2014
    Real time combat in this game is not existing I cant find way to play it as FPP game for example Half Life. Ok I understand there may be boss as deathclaw but in Fallout2 I was able to kill one by machine gun survive where here am climb on rock and do some else dirty trick to jam monster on obstacle which looks so stupid cheating but I just cand do it normally am shoot monster in head fromReal time combat in this game is not existing I cant find way to play it as FPP game for example Half Life. Ok I understand there may be boss as deathclaw but in Fallout2 I was able to kill one by machine gun survive where here am climb on rock and do some else dirty trick to jam monster on obstacle which looks so stupid cheating but I just cand do it normally am shoot monster in head from sniper riffle at large distance and he is able to run from there and even don't care am machine gun his eye. The same boss problems have on island DLC Where am actually lost every items from ufo DLC am take all trat super treasures to locker in my house, then I go for trip to island and when am return all that items was gone. So what am actually have interesting? My best gun is AK47 again? Am really feel like stuck to some simple weapon and cant understand it break with every shoot am made. This should be in (un)realistic mode because am found this annoying in normal game. I just cant play this any longer when my battles looks like jam monster on obstacle and watch animations as bullet come out from riffle and slowly travel to monster head.. everytime.. eve-ry sin-gle ti-me this is not postnuclear FPP as I thought it to be, this game have something broken and am found it to be unplayable or frustrating & boring. Well what you may expect from Elder Scrolls, these games are.. as they are everybody known. Definitely this is not true Fallout 3 its just postnuclear mod to Oblivion. It is well done mod but not Fallout 3 game I dont see any reason to do it in 3D, it could be done on Infinity Engine, for example modification to Baldurs Gate 2. I could see that working, but Oblivion? Noo not really.. My score is low because I dont enjoy it anymore, I cant complete this game which is crazy. If this was real F3 then am already would complete it 10x am pretty sure of that, but I don't completed it even once which mean this is not F3 it is fake game, modification to completely other game.This is like unplayable mod to Oblivion nothing more in my opinion. Actually if this was mod am would score it high as about 8/10 but this is not game, this not working because it obviously cant. Its like modify car into washing machine by rolling it from hill, this just don't work whatsoever and whole idea is ridiculous... turn Oblivion into Fallout 3 ? LOL Why somebody ever tried that? Ok am actually interest to see Fallout 4 on Skyrim.. but hey.. isnt Skyrim is actually modified Fallout 3.. huh? Weird or what? So we already seen Fallout 4 on Skyrim engine.. it is Fallout New Vegas! OMG that is so ridiculous. Look, they improved Oblivion to make F3, then they improved F3 to make Skyrim and New Vegas this is the same engine rolling. Expand
  77. Aug 3, 2014
    Bethesda did an amazing job at the one thing they always do - the exploration, in this case, the exploration of the post-apocalyptic wasteland in 3D open world was amazing, even the very start of the game is pretty impressive and for a while it looked like this could be a worthy successor in the Fallout series, but it slowly starts to show the shortcomings of Bethesda as well. Too manyBethesda did an amazing job at the one thing they always do - the exploration, in this case, the exploration of the post-apocalyptic wasteland in 3D open world was amazing, even the very start of the game is pretty impressive and for a while it looked like this could be a worthy successor in the Fallout series, but it slowly starts to show the shortcomings of Bethesda as well. Too many bugs, crashes and other technical problems mixed with quite bland story and not really interesting quests or characters. Even the thing you loved at the start will annoy you in the end, loads of invisible walls and running through chaotic subway systems. I still enjoyed the experience, roaming the wasteland and listening to the Pip Boy radio was good, even some of the trademark things from original Fallout like VATS and SPECIAL mechanics are still here, but it's just not the same level of premium quality. Maybe the lack of good writing, memorable characters, or fantastic music to create a proper atmosphere, there is definitely something missing here. The content got a bit better with all the DLC, but I would still highly recommend Fallout 1 & 2 or New Vegas as a much better experiences than this. 7/10 Expand
  78. Jul 27, 2014
    This game reminded me so much of Oblivion until I realized they're both Bethesda games! The dialog, people's faces and general feel of the game is exactly like Oblivion. Despite it being from 2008, it still offers great gameplay but a couple of the mods I recommend are the sprint mod and the computer hacking mod. Makes the game a bit easier to get through...and for a cheap price of $19 itThis game reminded me so much of Oblivion until I realized they're both Bethesda games! The dialog, people's faces and general feel of the game is exactly like Oblivion. Despite it being from 2008, it still offers great gameplay but a couple of the mods I recommend are the sprint mod and the computer hacking mod. Makes the game a bit easier to get through...and for a cheap price of $19 it was worth playing at least once. Expand
  79. Jul 21, 2014
    Initially I was disappointed, but the depth and (good but not great) refinement pulled it through. The subway system is a good example of this. It's a bit linear, but about mid-way through the game you'll probably find it a very rewarding experience. It wasn't until I started taking legs off with the Railway Rifle that I started really liking this game. Dialog options are the only realInitially I was disappointed, but the depth and (good but not great) refinement pulled it through. The subway system is a good example of this. It's a bit linear, but about mid-way through the game you'll probably find it a very rewarding experience. It wasn't until I started taking legs off with the Railway Rifle that I started really liking this game. Dialog options are the only real complaint I have. You can usually only choose between the saintly option or the evil option, nowhere in between. Expand
  80. Jul 20, 2014
    This is NOT a traditional Fallout game. This is Bethesda's interpretation of a beloved game series. It succeeds in being a game, as I have found exactly one bug when trying to purposely break the game. It is more of an action RPG than a traditional RPG, but at the same time it offers a lot of options that make the game infinitely replayable for me. Not to mention that it is the largestThis is NOT a traditional Fallout game. This is Bethesda's interpretation of a beloved game series. It succeeds in being a game, as I have found exactly one bug when trying to purposely break the game. It is more of an action RPG than a traditional RPG, but at the same time it offers a lot of options that make the game infinitely replayable for me. Not to mention that it is the largest world Bethesda has ever designed. The game can run on older computers. My only major gripes with the game is that Speech is used very little, and that the game feels a little too easy. All in all, it is one of the most well designed games I've ever played. Expand
  81. Jul 10, 2014
    I am a huge fan of Fallout 1 and 2 and that's why I was really worried about this game. I didn't believe Bethesda has what it takes to create a game that will satisfy the fans. I found Oblivion disappointing at least, so when I first started Fallout 3 I didn't have high expectations.

The beginning is quite unusual, starting as a baby and taking your first steps, then progressing through some events of your childhood. It felt really weird, but it served as a decent tutorial. At the end of it we leave the vault. Blinding sun effect fades and we witness the postapocaliptic wasteland.

It was just how I imagined it, dirty, brutal and unforgiving, but this time from first person perspective - making it even more real. I was lost for countless hours wandering around, trying to survive, exploring, fighting... and listening to great radio podcasts. Finally I realised that I have some storyline to progress. Oh, right...

The main story was good, side quests are great, combat system is fluid and encounters are challenging. Exploring the world, wandering through wasteland is more fun than exploring of Oblivion or Skyrim will ever be. More importantly - watseland is unforgiving. It takes a really long time to feel comfortable wherever you go. You never know if a lonely abandoned town you decided to visit will be just a quiet place or a death trap full of deadly deathclaws that will rip through your power armour with ease.
    Will there be an epic item waiting there for you?
    Well, there was a really annoying talking armour that got me addicted to chems... and I loved it!

Sure, the character developement could be better, we could use some extra weapons, more quests, etc.; but at the end of the day I'm a vault dweller travelling through wasteland with his supermutant friend and listening to climatic songs on the radio.
  82. Jun 21, 2014
    i am a fan of the fallout 3 to new vegas ik thats not a true fan but its really nice all i hv to say is bathesda if u make it anything like skyrim except graphics i will FREAGGIN HATE IT. skyrim was a good idea but u guys executed it wrong. correct your mistakes with fallout 4 and the new elder scrolls plz. thx if u do and screw u if u dont.

this games gets a 9.5/10 i love it to peices

this games gets a 9.5/10 i love it to peices but the low amount of ammo makes it challenging,..more challenging put it like that but without a challenge u only have skyrim so :P *srry bathesda* BUT YALL DID VERY WELL I HOPE YALL MAKE MORE AND I say this game should be bought by every1. thank your for reading i know the coding in the begining is hard but its worth it i might even make a download to make life easy for yall
  83. Jun 18, 2014
    Nearly every aspect of Fallout 3 has already been critiqued and reviewed. Everything in this game is nearly perfect. The player is left wanting more. The only real problem with this game is that it will crash occasionally, but what game doesn't?

I become immersed in the game really quickly and I have to admit that this causes me to overlook some of the game's obvious flaws and mess-ups. As another reviewer pointed out, shooting someone using VATS and aiming for a specific body part does not seem to effect, hamper or handicap them in any way. Although this is true, it never bothered me enough to ruin my gaming experience. I can even overlook just because it makes the enemy a bit more challenging.

I got the impression from negative reviewers that Fallout is boring, grey, depressing with the same thing everywhere you go. Hello, have these people forgotten where this game takes place? Post-nuclear, post-apocalyptic D.C. area! The whole point of the game is to take you to this dark, depressing time that offers little hope to humanity and the player. Fallout 3 does a great job of immersing players and giving them the feeling that they really are in a hell-hole wasteland. The dj, radio stations and choice of music was pure genius that really tied the game together. I don't know what a real post-nuclear apocalypse would feel like, but this game made me feel like I was in one.

My advice to new Fallout 3 players is to play the vanilla version from start to finish. If you liked it, browser around the Nexus website for the top-rated mods and select the ones that appeal to you. Mods have given this game even more replay value and have addressed most issues people have with the game.

Originally review Oct 27, 2011, revised Jun 18, 2014. Still love the game as much as I did when it was released.
  84. Jun 14, 2014
    This wonderful game may have a whole heaping ton of glitches (That I've found already) and a short, short main story, by not doing the main story all the time, you can discover the rest of the world of Fallout 3, and reveal hidden treasures, interesting quests, cool weapons, and of course, the add-ons that are pretty impressive (not Mother Ship Zeta! Just my tip to you! Don't play it ifThis wonderful game may have a whole heaping ton of glitches (That I've found already) and a short, short main story, by not doing the main story all the time, you can discover the rest of the world of Fallout 3, and reveal hidden treasures, interesting quests, cool weapons, and of course, the add-ons that are pretty impressive (not Mother Ship Zeta! Just my tip to you! Don't play it if you don't want to risk losing all the work you've done in the wasteland! Believe me, it's glitched as heck.). Oh! And if you want to continue playing after the main quest is finished, download Broken Steel. Expand
  85. Jun 10, 2014
    Man, some will say it's fanboy-thing, but no, it's not, this game is one of the games of my life, because all is so immersive (despite a little in the graphics), and opened, just like every little thing in this game have an history, an detail, that can be founded and explored. If you like either FPS or RPG, buy this game, you'll won't regret it!
  86. Jun 10, 2014
    Otro de los juegos que más pavor me producía que hicieran mal pero cuyo resultado fue mejor del esperado. Uno de los grandes mundos abiertos en los que vagabundear por DC destruido por bombas nucleares ya vale el precio. Sin duda una compra óptima.
  87. May 29, 2014
    The worst Fallout in the series. While it has things like a vault, and Enclave, everything else about it is a pure watered down Bethesda hack job. As a romp around a nuclear wasteland, it's fine, but as far as feeling like your character has any choice in anything, it's far from what came before. No matter what character you build, you can do anything, so role playing is pretty muchThe worst Fallout in the series. While it has things like a vault, and Enclave, everything else about it is a pure watered down Bethesda hack job. As a romp around a nuclear wasteland, it's fine, but as far as feeling like your character has any choice in anything, it's far from what came before. No matter what character you build, you can do anything, so role playing is pretty much gutted. Though there are some interesting side areas, the main quest is terribly bland with little choice involved. Combat is dull, requiring little tactics since VATS is god mode, and so long as you're smart enough to click Target> Head, you'll win every time and never take damage. It's a cheap knock off of the series. Get New Vegas, if you want a better next gen Fallout experience. Or better yet, play the old games, to understand just how far off the mark Bethesda was when they tried to make an actual RPG. Terrible game. Expand
  88. May 26, 2014
    Fallout 3 equals pure nostalgia for me. It was probably the second RPG game I payed, after KOTOR. I recently replayed the game and yeah, I did notice flaws,quite a bit of them,that I hadn't taken into account when I was younger. However, the game is still a wonderful, immersive open world experience. A lot of the criticism stemmed from the fact, that many game mechanics were taken fromFallout 3 equals pure nostalgia for me. It was probably the second RPG game I payed, after KOTOR. I recently replayed the game and yeah, I did notice flaws,quite a bit of them,that I hadn't taken into account when I was younger. However, the game is still a wonderful, immersive open world experience. A lot of the criticism stemmed from the fact, that many game mechanics were taken from "TES IV: Oblivion". I think that was a good decision though. Bethesda took the good elements from Oblivion and the original Fallout games and combined them to create a fantastic game. The progression system is the prime example of how well this worked out. There are many ways to develop your character and at the same time the games is free from the traditional class restrictions. I'm not saying the system is perfect, there are some perks,which are quite honestly useless, others are blatantly overpowered. At higher levels your character will become a little too powerful, having DLC installed can further amplify this effect. I remember during a playthrough with one of my stealth characters I had acquired the Chinese stealth armor and the Gauss Rifle from Operation Anchorage, at about lvl 22 (I had Broken Steal as well) I was able to one-hit-kill Super Mutant Masters and Glowing Ones using sneak attacks. This shows a recurring flaw in Bethesda's post "Morrowind" open world RPGs. The level progression is very unbalanced. At the start of the game you are quite underpowered and if you are unlucky enough to come across say, a deathclaw, then your private anal space shall be violated in a rather unpleasant way, however when you reach the higher levels you simply become too powerful as I stated above. For some reason Bethesda doesn't seem to be addressing this problem, in fact it's even more prominent in "Skyrim" then in any other previous game. Thankfully there exists a very large modding community for "Fallout 3", as well as all other Bethesda games, which is something the company should be given credit for. Not a lot of big Gaming companies support modding in such a way, unfortunately. Story was quite interesting ,though the main quest's short length did not allow for it to be developed as extensively as I would have liked. Another reviewer and clearly a hardcore fan of the Fallout series stated the game did not capture the feel of the original. While I really liked his review, as it was written very well and gave me another point of view on this game, I must disagree with him. It is true, that this was the first Fallout game I played, but It did give me a pretty good sense of what the Fallout universe was like. I like how Bethesda attempted social commentary through elements of the game's world, which was something present in the originals. It was subtle and done very well, but unfortunately I haven't seen Bethesda attempt this in any of their newer games. And although this element could not be developed very well due to the short and linear nature of the main quest and the fact that it feels so disconnected with the Side activities, the overall feel of the game was solid. "Fallout 3" succeeds in creating a haunting, post apocalyptic atmosphere, although at times the color gray is too overwhelming and one cannot help but feel that Bethesda was a little lazy in the interior design. Most importantly, though, the game was and for me still is very fun to play. No doubt, this is the game, in which i have invested the most gameplay hours. Wandering the wastes aimlessly, finding little oddities and wondering how they ended up where they are, or what exactly happened in the building. "Fallout 3" offers an incredibly immersive experience. It can also be a great stress relief if you're a sick f*** like me who likes to shred people to little peaces. Tell me my friends, has there ever been anything more satisfying than killing an oversized cockroach with a handheld nuclear weapon? To sum it all up, "Fallout 3" is an amazing game, despite it's flaws. Expand
  89. May 17, 2014
    This game focus a lot on the side missions and the size of the map rather than providing a good gameplay and storytelling experience. The concept is interesting, but overall the game is clearly overrated.
  90. May 15, 2014
    This is one of the greatest games ever made, but it has a lot of bugs that never got fixed. Also, it has GFWL which makes it always-online. If you are looking to play this game, try to get a DRM-free (but legal please) version.
  91. May 13, 2014
    When I've had Vista on my computer, I played this game, but it was so boring I wasn't able to finish it. It's some sort of pseudo-open world, it's repetitive, every location looks the same. Now I decided to play it again, but NOW I have Windows 7 on my computer and guess what? This piece of flip is crashing because of 2 two things - Windows 7 and Windows live. Windows live is lame as flipWhen I've had Vista on my computer, I played this game, but it was so boring I wasn't able to finish it. It's some sort of pseudo-open world, it's repetitive, every location looks the same. Now I decided to play it again, but NOW I have Windows 7 on my computer and guess what? This piece of flip is crashing because of 2 two things - Windows 7 and Windows live. Windows live is lame as flip and not workin', and Windows 7? This game has compatibility of hamster. 10 year old games are perfectly playable even now on modern systems, but game made in times of Windows Vista has issues on Windows 7! So, basically, this (s)flip is crashing, playing it is a pure deprival. I destroyed my DVD and buried that crap in a sewer. Expand
  92. May 10, 2014
    I played a fully modded version from Nexus mods. This is a good RPG to play if you are itching for a classic western game to play. Fully modded the game looked really good for being so old. The story did not grip me that much but it was still fun to play. I found playing with a 360 controller to be far superior than keyboard and mouse. I am playing this right after Dark Souls. And the 29I played a fully modded version from Nexus mods. This is a good RPG to play if you are itching for a classic western game to play. Fully modded the game looked really good for being so old. The story did not grip me that much but it was still fun to play. I found playing with a 360 controller to be far superior than keyboard and mouse. I am playing this right after Dark Souls. And the 29 hours it took me to play this game took me by surprise after playing a 65 hour game. But overall a good game on sale. This is a must play because Fallout 4 is in the chamber. Expand
  93. May 3, 2014
    This game very cool! Intresting quests, characters, and of course Capital wasteland. This game have very intesting DLC. Bad that this game isnot optimized for Windows 7. This game freezes and slows down. But
    still it is cool.
  94. Apr 22, 2014
    They didn't make it a real time FPS to "make it easier to start with for new players" thats what a tutorial is for, not a whole game. The reason they made is that some people don't like TB strategy games.

Problem is that hardcore fallout fans won't like this and people who like FPS might not like the necessity of using VATS mode which slows the game down and takes control away from you. Fact is the game is far away from FO3, not just in gameplay but visually the wasteland looks different. It looks alot more grey than FO3 is, not enough brown and green is missing that you should see "some" of, some plants here and there. Signs that the world is recovering.
    No Bosses. Missed opportunity.

The stories ending is also terrible, the story just felt empty at the end which is kind of really unforgivable for fallout. The endings are so abysmal, they do nothing to give any closure or even summarise all the trails and tribulations you had to go through upto that point.
  95. Apr 11, 2014
    I preferred this compared to New Vegas mainly because I actually felt like playing Fallout 3 and I replayed it at least 15 times, but when I played New Vegas I wanted to replay it, but I felt like it was a hassle. At times I felt genuine fear of how many super mutants were around the corner and the story was amazing compared to New Vegas.
  96. Mar 20, 2014
    Open world gameplay at it's finest. I had loads of fun just exploring the vast Capitol Wasteland rich with countless interesting set locations as well as random events/encounters. For the vast "emptiness" of the wasteland, I never felt bored once. You can even essentially choose to not play the story at all and still have loads of fun. Definitely worth buying.
  97. Mar 13, 2014
    This is a great game but I cant help but think it is vastly rated compared to fallout new vegas. I dont understand how fallout new vegas got an 8.3 but this game gets a 9.1 even if the graphics are the same new vegas has a superior story line and a much higher replay value.
  98. Feb 28, 2014
    This is definitely a game where the user reviews reflect the quality far better than the critic reviews. As an FPS the game is slow and clunky, the weapons lack iron sights, and the enemies are hp sponges.(Human enemies can survive point blank headshots.) Vats is what you'll be using, a boring slow mo action sequence that's buggy and unreliable. As an RPG there is decent c&c, but characterThis is definitely a game where the user reviews reflect the quality far better than the critic reviews. As an FPS the game is slow and clunky, the weapons lack iron sights, and the enemies are hp sponges.(Human enemies can survive point blank headshots.) Vats is what you'll be using, a boring slow mo action sequence that's buggy and unreliable. As an RPG there is decent c&c, but character building is uninspired and many of the perks and stats have little to no effect on how you play the game.

It's bug riddled, even with the patches, the ending is shoddy, and it isn't much better with DLC. All in all fairly mediocre, it does have scale on it's side, it's one of the larger games I've played, and the atmosphere is rather nice, otherwise don't bother with this game, it certainly doesn't stand the test of time, and likely only garnered universal acclaim because of it's sheer scale at the time of it's release.
  99. Feb 8, 2014
    I haven’t played the original fallout series (although I intend in the future). So, my review of fallout 3 (GOTY edition), is not contaminated by any feelings of nostalgia.

~Visuals (Grade 4 ) (Yes, I know this is a 2008 game, but compared with other AAA games from that time, fallout 3 doesn’t look very good in the visual department) - The Good: (Good modeling, especially the outdoor

- The Good: (Good modeling, especially the outdoor environments; Vast and varied outdoor map; Game world feels realistic)
    - The Bad: (Ugly textures; Poor indoor lighting; Limited color scheme (Only 3 prevalent colors: Brown, grey and black); Awful shadow effects (for AAA game at least); Repetitive Indoor maps (Buildings, underground structures, etc..); No dynamic weather; Clunky animations; Some graphic glitches (but not many); Still a bit buggy (Didn’t experience any crashes though))

~Sound (Grade 7)
    - The Good: (Realistic sound effects (especially the gun effects))
    - The Bad: (Uninspired voice acting; Generic and painfully repetitive soundtrack)

~Story (Grade 5)
    - The Good: (Mother ship Zeta DLC (Very nice story, it’s 7/10 compared with the rest of the game))
    - The Bad: (Generic story; Lack of focus; Uninspired writing; Uninteresting and boring characters)

~Gameplay – (Grade 6)
    -The Good: (Decent character creation options; Decent FPS mechanics; Satisfying kills; Fun (at least for the first 8 hours); Decent assortment of weapons and armors; Tons of places to see and explore; 100 hours worth of gameplay)
    -The Bad: (Unbalanced leveling up mechanics that make the game too easy (I have only died 5 or 6 times in 70 hours of playing this game, and that’s because I am not very good at FPS games); Over focus on action (shot first ask questions later mentality)/ few pacifist choices; Action with few tense moments or substance (that’s what happens when you have too much amo and med pack); Boring side quests; Choices didn’t felt that important in the overall scheme of thing; Unexciting loot (most of it is just useless junk); Useless stealth options (it’s always more efficient to just run and gun through a level); Stupid A.I. (The companions I.A. in particular, because they always get in the way).)

~Everything else – (Grade 10)
    -The Good: (Decent menu options; Tons of mods to experiment; DLC with good value)

In conclusion: Despite its multiple faults, Fallout 3 can be fun at times, especially when exploring the cities, but the fun moments are few and far between.
    After 70 Hours of gameplay it left me with a “bad after taste”. It had potential to be great, and at times you can see glimpses of greatness, but unfortunately Bethesda has decided to give us quantity over quality, and the end result is not that great.
    If you like sand box games with tons of places to explore, and are willing to excuse the game’s bad story, awful visuals, zero challenge and repetitive fights. Than this might be a good distraction for you, at least for a few hours, but I recommend installing a few mods first, for the best experience.
    However, if you are looking for an exciting Sci-fi adventure, with interesting characters and story, skip this one and go buy Mass effect or Deus Ex.
  100. Feb 7, 2014
    This game is **** Starting since player born till the player death at the end it looks like The Elder Scrolls Spin-off. The storyline is boring, game has some quests but they are crappy. When you want to buy the REAL FALLOUT you must buy Fallout: New-Vegas.

1. PC PowerPlay
    Minor niggles aside, Fallout 3 is almost entirely spectacular. Everything from the graphics, to the sound, to the plot is first-rate. The VATS system worlds like a charm, and it’s so easy to get the hang of, you’ll be cracking skulls like there’s no tomorrow. [Dec 2008, p.55]
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    A vast and open world of unimaginable possibilities opens in front of you in Fallout 3. Great story, flawless combat system, and the option to choose your own way makes it a hot candidate for game of the year. [Nov 2008]
  3. Fallout 3 is one of this year's best games. It's an unforgettable journey that lives up to the series. You are an ex-vault 101 inhabitant, and you discover a whole new world, full of zombies, mutants, raiders, aliens and all kinds of creatures. Welcome to this post-apocaliptic reality, where you are going to spend hundreds of hours.