Fallout Tactics: Brotherhood of Steel PC

7.8

1. Mar 8, 2012
    Fallout Tactics is a great game. Anyone who says this doesn't deserve the name "Fallout" hasn't played Fallout. The story is great, entertaining, and engaging, and straight out of the Fallout fiction. While the RPG elements of the previous two Fallout installments are mostly absent, Fallout Tactics gives you complete control of each member of your party down to the clothes they wear,Fallout Tactics is a great game. Anyone who says this doesn't deserve the name "Fallout" hasn't played Fallout. The story is great, entertaining, and engaging, and straight out of the Fallout fiction. While the RPG elements of the previous two Fallout installments are mostly absent, Fallout Tactics gives you complete control of each member of your party down to the clothes they wear, the guns they carry, and exactly what they do. As you travel the wastes, you can pick up additional team members and types, making the customizability of this game and replayability immense. I have played and replayed this game multiple times, as the graphics and gameplay have stood up over the years quite well. My only complaint is the linearity of the storyline, but even then you can just go wander the wastelands if you feel like it, which is fun in itself (albeit dangerous). I wish I could find a game as well put together as Fallout Tactics these days. Expand
  2. Sep 8, 2013
    This is a really decent tactical squad game, i bought it as an x-com refugee looking for more of the same and was not disappointed. The building of your squad and play style is reminiscent of baldurs gate and you may nostalgically recognize more than a few voices throughout.

It loses a mark for a few bugs to do with enemy miniguns and the annoying random attacks when you travel. 72

72 hours in Sept, 2013.
  3. Aug 5, 2011
    This game is a great strategic type game. I also love to mess around with the multiplayer aspect, no one plays it really, but it's fun to have a friend over and make some custom characters and mow each other down once in a while. I think if tactics ever became a flash web game for multiplayer it would do great! As far as the actual game goes, I don't really recall much of a story line, IThis game is a great strategic type game. I also love to mess around with the multiplayer aspect, no one plays it really, but it's fun to have a friend over and make some custom characters and mow each other down once in a while. I think if tactics ever became a flash web game for multiplayer it would do great! As far as the actual game goes, I don't really recall much of a story line, I don't think it really claims to have one either, it's more managing your characters and setting up combat. If you really wanted a story I'm sure you could piece it together through missions but that would probably be annoying. Expand
  4. MarekM
    Nov 18, 2009
    This game is not really a Fallout, has weak plot (sometimes without any sense), but difficulty is high enough, combat needs thining and planning, and gives fun. Game balansing is good and there are many ways to finish missions.
  5. KerryZ
    Dec 25, 2009
    A classic 3rd person shooter - this game is awesome! Multiplayer functionality is really cool too. I would highly recommend this game.
  6. PaulI.
    Jan 15, 2005
    I loved this game. Too bad interplay went out of business, i'd love to see a fallout tactics 2 or a an expansion to this game.
  7. Nov 4, 2012
    Fallout Tactics is a neglected masterpiece. This game gets so much right: Great atmosphere, Great sound., Great level design. Great character levelling. Great Tactical combat. However the game also falls off badly in the second half. meaning that it is hard to appreciate all the brilliant design by the time you finish it. The way the game finlly ends and fails is tragic: : It is too linearFallout Tactics is a neglected masterpiece. This game gets so much right: Great atmosphere, Great sound., Great level design. Great character levelling. Great Tactical combat. However the game also falls off badly in the second half. meaning that it is hard to appreciate all the brilliant design by the time you finish it. The way the game finlly ends and fails is tragic: : It is too linear and so is a kind of long railroad rather than a role playing game with any meaningful choices in it. The inventory system is wonderful, but unfortunately most inventory choices become redundant in the second half of the game by which time the player team is way overpowered and the game thus becomes dull, and boring before it reaches its final, rather uninspired conclusion. This is a game that badly needs to be rebuilt and perfected. The fundamentals are so good, that this could be the basis for a brilliant, brilliant role playing experience Expand
  8. JeffB.
    Jul 7, 2002
    GGGGGRRRRRRRREEEEEAAAATTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
  9. Nalin
    Aug 20, 2003
    The best ive played for a while.
  10. Nov 22, 2015
    No, this does not feel like the Fallout we got used to. But to an already established fan of the series this is a worthy intermediary step before the dive into the world of FO3.
    Tactics sports just that - tactical combat, which by itself is fun, but on top of that a decent story is overlayed.

As a long and big (u got it!) fan of the series i enjoyed the game thoroughly, and played through it a couple of times.
  11. Nov 12, 2013
    A very different idea to the original fallouts while still visually looking similar and concentrating on the same universe. Fallout tactics concentrates on... well.. tactics. And it does it well. Imagine Jagged Alliance in the fallout universe.
  12. Nov 26, 2015
    love the game. incredible atmosphere and more than solid gameplay. Played it atleast 3 times and I am sure I will come back for more. lover of squad based tactics game should not miss it.

It's simply too frenetic in spots for some tastes. Still, that's a fairly minor quibble with what is undoubtedly one of the more enjoyable strategy offerings of the year thus far.
  2. An innovative game with a long single player campaign filled with loads of detail and fun gameplay.
  3. A very enjoyable game with an intriguing storyline, a captivating environment, and engrossing gameplay.