Fallout PC

8.9

1. Nov 15, 2011
    User Score, Y U are so low? Fallout is greatest CRPG ever. You can play it for 500 hours and still discover new things (like i did). Amazing storyline, amazing characters, amazing gameplay!
  2. Jun 13, 2012
    This is a game my generation of gamers will talk about for decades. A work of art among video games, that even with it's dated graphs looks great, and delivers a satisfying experience.
  3. Jul 4, 2011
    This game is extremely fun. Who cares how old it is or the graphics. This is the game that started it all. This is Fallout, a game where you control your destiny through epic quests, allies, and weapons.
  4. Aug 5, 2011
    This game is a bit older and a lot of things that are unforgivable now days were back then, yes it sucked when you died and you hadn't saved, and it is a pain to walk everywhere, I just found people or objects and clicked them for faster travel. (I think there was a run always option?) I had to sign up because some people think this is Fallout 3 and somehow think that the 3 after FalloutThis game is a bit older and a lot of things that are unforgivable now days were back then, yes it sucked when you died and you hadn't saved, and it is a pain to walk everywhere, I just found people or objects and clicked them for faster travel. (I think there was a run always option?) I had to sign up because some people think this is Fallout 3 and somehow think that the 3 after Fallout means nothing...

This game is awesome, it does have re-playability that faulted a bit in the second game. Power armor has gone from overly powerful to almost regular type armor through the fallout series. I beat this game 3 times and played a different type character each time. I first played as the heavy on guns guy and ran through blazing. (It's been years since I've played) I did off the wall things in some towns which later towns referenced back to, it didn't make a huge impact on the story line but I thought it was really amusing they 'heard of my activity'

Second I played a character who was high in social and outdoor skills and talked my way out of everything and if I couldn't talk I used my outdoor skills to evade fights. Towards the end when I had to fight I got some power armor and was instantly almost as strong and capable as someone who had been made for fighting. Some people will probably see this as bad balancing but I liked that I was able to make it through most the game without a single fight and when I had to fight I had a scapegoat.

This is my all time favorite RPG
  5. Mar 18, 2013
    An amazing game that stands up to the test of time.

I'm mostly writing this review to correct a few issues I saw one of the negative reviews had made: that there were no alternate ammo types, damage types, or upgrades for weapons and armour. All of those are in the game. The world is large and free to roam, and the decision to have soft preventative measures other than hard ones
    An amazing game that stands up to the test of time.

All of those are in the game.

The world is large and free to roam, and the decision to have soft preventative measures other than hard ones makes the game much more immersive. (With one exception, which is a guy with infinite HP.)

The combat is amazing from a gamist point of view, though Fallout 2 improves it arguably at the cost of the perfect atmosphere and connected feeling environments that Fallout has.

The alternate paths the player can take, from a pacifist run where you directly kill no NPCs, to a berserk run where you kill all the wasteland's inhabitants you meet. And both can finish the game. The freedom of action and character building go perfectly hand in hand.

If you've not played this game yet, and had the time to read all of this, just go and play it!
  6. Mar 11, 2011
    Played it right after finishing fallout 2. Simply awesome, but it was missing some stuff added in fallout 2 like npc customization, npc leveling and others ...
  7. Feb 20, 2012
    A tough as nails RPG that will kill you at the drop of a hat, It never feels overly difficult, just difficult like a lot of old games, maybe it's just because I'm not very familiar with this kind of game, I bought it in the Fallout Trilogy pack because Fallout 3 maybe my favorite game of all time, and I wasn't disappointed with the world and atmosphere of the game, and the story is prettyA tough as nails RPG that will kill you at the drop of a hat, It never feels overly difficult, just difficult like a lot of old games, maybe it's just because I'm not very familiar with this kind of game, I bought it in the Fallout Trilogy pack because Fallout 3 maybe my favorite game of all time, and I wasn't disappointed with the world and atmosphere of the game, and the story is pretty good but I doubt I'll ever see the end of it due to the fact that I suck at this, still if your like me and liked Fallout 3 and want to see where it began this is a good purchase. Expand
  8. Apr 10, 2011
    This is not only a game
    This is the best adventure ever !!!
    Really the athmosphere is great the scenario just gets u really fast...
    The difficulty is pretty high if u dont save that often its mostly the same over and over again ^^ but if u like to save often this is the best...
    My favorite Game of all time!!!!!
    (beside the 2nd part) wich is equally or good or even better
    (3rd part sux) (too easy)
  9. Oct 1, 2012
    ЛУЧШАЯ ПЕКА РПГ ПАРНИ :3ЛУЧШАЯ ПЕКА РПГ ПАРНИ :3 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Expand
  10. Aug 12, 2012
    This is one of the best, if not the best, roleplaying games out there. It came as close as possible to being a pen-and-paper experience - with the ability to craft your own character the way you *want*, without choices being forced on the player. There are a few quirks in the system, and it's certainly not as big as the sequel, but the non-linearity. interesting plot and backstory make upThis is one of the best, if not the best, roleplaying games out there. It came as close as possible to being a pen-and-paper experience - with the ability to craft your own character the way you *want*, without choices being forced on the player. There are a few quirks in the system, and it's certainly not as big as the sequel, but the non-linearity. interesting plot and backstory make up for it. Try this game as soon as possible - you won't be disappointed. Expand
  11. Sep 17, 2012
    This game was awesome when it came out in 1997, although only 2D it felt like playing a comic book. The combat system was great too, so good it's survived and made it into Fallout 3. The story was also great, and wandering the world was fun,
  12. Jan 14, 2014
    you are really missing out if you havent played this!

what is wrong with the world?
    fallout(and fallout 2) are in every aspect better than what bethesda....commited...

#13 score(10)
  13. May 5, 2014
    Fallout is fun, has a great plot, unforgettable characters, hilarious dialogues and the choices you make really affect the whole story. Still here? Do yourself a favour and play it now!
  14. Adnanzx
    Nov 26, 2003
    One of the best stories, and best gameplay, best voice acting, best facial expression, best mood, best sound, best rpg, and out of this world weapons variety. now who needs graphics if you have all that.
  15. DennisM.
    Dec 1, 2007
    Great script, great gameplay, great replayability. Have replayed it countless times, absolutely excellent game. Most of all, its fun, which a lot of games seem to miss out on these days.
  16. EliasO.
    Apr 23, 2007
    This is the greatest game ever. The story the cutscenes. I also love the characters they all have their own interesting personalites except dogmeat. The game characters also have some good quotes. This game you can play over and over again and never get bored. There is so much freedom in this game. You can start the game leave the vault and head straight to the military base. You can also This is the greatest game ever. The story the cutscenes. I also love the characters they all have their own interesting personalites except dogmeat. The game characters also have some good quotes. This game you can play over and over again and never get bored. There is so much freedom in this game. You can start the game leave the vault and head straight to the military base. You can also kill whoever you want as long as you are strong enough. You can spend days or weeks playing it once or beat it in one day. All in all this is a game no game fan should miss. Expand
  17. GeraldS.
    Sep 13, 2007
    News of Fallout 3 caused me to reload the original Fallout--it's 10 years old and still a blast to play! Sure the graphics are dated, but the replayability of this game still impresses after all this time.
  18. Jan 12, 2012
    I remember booting up the old pentium 200mhz rig and playing this for days on end as a kid. This game brought the RPG genre out of the dungeons and into the wastes. There was nothing like it back then. Dunno if kids these days would appreciate it just because the graphics are very dated. But if you can see past that a very enjoyable game awaits! 10/10.
  19. Apr 23, 2012
    This is a really good game, a beginning to the best post-apocalyptic series out there. I can't complain about the graphics, this is indeed a good game. Combat is ok, and exploring the wasteland is pretty cool.
  20. Jul 26, 2012
    Being a huge fan of Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas I thought I would play the first game. It was very different from the other two but is still an amazing game even when it was made. If you love Fallout try Fallout 1. Fallout 9.4/10
  21. Jan 11, 2013
    This game is amazing even 16 years after release this game still rocks its a must play for everyone except those kids who cant see the beauty in an older game because it doesn't have the graphics like CoD(which are **** btw). anyway if you never played this game you just have to, go to gog.com and buy yourself a digital drm-free copy(it was even free for a few days). and if you want youThis game is amazing even 16 years after release this game still rocks its a must play for everyone except those kids who cant see the beauty in an older game because it doesn't have the graphics like CoD(which are **** btw). anyway if you never played this game you just have to, go to gog.com and buy yourself a digital drm-free copy(it was even free for a few days). and if you want you can get the Fallout-FIXT mod which improves the game and fixes a lot of bugs. Expand
  22. Mar 13, 2013
    the only negative aspect of this game is; it is too short for a rpg this good in every way possible (about 20 hours). thank god there is a fallout 2 which lasts more than 60 hours, and has an infinite amount of replayibility.
  23. Apr 19, 2013
    OH! How i indeed love nostalgia! I dont even need to talk about this games history or anything of that nature. Instead ill just say, I love Fallout! The whole series, and this game is what started it all! Love the role playing element within the game. The story, and everything! Buut..most of all...the ATMOSPHERE! The atmosphere this game deveivers is simply something you rarely find inOH! How i indeed love nostalgia! I dont even need to talk about this games history or anything of that nature. Instead ill just say, I love Fallout! The whole series, and this game is what started it all! Love the role playing element within the game. The story, and everything! Buut..most of all...the ATMOSPHERE! The atmosphere this game deveivers is simply something you rarely find in video games of today! This game is revolutionary and nostalgic to me in all ways! Long live Fallout! Expand
  24. AlejandroD.
    Nov 11, 2005
    This game is awesome!!!
  25. DanielD.
    Jan 25, 2005
    Simply one of the best.. EVER!! ...;)
  26. Bob
    Jun 28, 2005
    My God, this game is great.
  27. Sam
    Sep 11, 2007
    Simply a great game. All other games have difficulty reaching the story line of Fallout and Fallout 2. I only hope Fallout 3 will continue the legacy.
  28. Wildsnail
    Feb 13, 2008
    Been on a retro trip lately and Fallout is well worthy of playing. A lot of fun with some nicely dark humour and plenty of player freedom. I found the graphics acceptable but did find it a little buggy as I had a repeated crash on the same part quite near the end and some of the fights can be horrendously unfair as you can sometimes be killed unexpectedly by single critical hits. However, Been on a retro trip lately and Fallout is well worthy of playing. A lot of fun with some nicely dark humour and plenty of player freedom. I found the graphics acceptable but did find it a little buggy as I had a repeated crash on the same part quite near the end and some of the fights can be horrendously unfair as you can sometimes be killed unexpectedly by single critical hits. However, as long as you save regularly, this isn't much of a problem and doesn't spoil a classic RPG/adventure. It really gives me high hopes for Fallout 3 as I hope Bethesda will make a post-apocalyptic Oblivion. Expand
  29. AndersDude
    Oct 19, 2005
    Best rpg.
  30. Nov 12, 2013
    One of the absolute all time classic RPGs. Fallout had a shape all of its own with a great system, characters, idea and story. Fantastic old school top down RPG, if not THE best.

The mood is right, the graphics good, and the plot compelling. I found the tactical combat system refreshingly intelligent, and the multitude of ways you can approach the game from a stats point of make a wide variety of styles possible in the game.
  2. PC Gamer
    This sequel to an all-time classic is one of the standout RPGs for the 1990s. [Jan 1998, p.221]
  3. Fallout's detailed graphics, compelling plot, and intuitive gameplay should deservedly broaden its appeal beyond the hard-core role-playing game audience. Put simply, Fallout may be the best role-playing game to be released in years.