5.7

1. May 24, 2011
    The atmosphere and environments are impressive, but what really sinks the game is the shooting. What's the most important aspect of any FPS? Having combat that's fun and innovative. The biggest flaw is the shooting itself. It feels off and clunky. I know the game is going for realism, but it doesn't come off well. I enjoyed playing it for a few hours but soon grew bored. If you like theThe atmosphere and environments are impressive, but what really sinks the game is the shooting. What's the most important aspect of any FPS? Having combat that's fun and innovative. The biggest flaw is the shooting itself. It feels off and clunky. I know the game is going for realism, but it doesn't come off well. I enjoyed playing it for a few hours but soon grew bored. If you like the game, more power to you. It just isn't my cup of tea. Expand
  2. Sep 17, 2011
    It seems reviewers played another game than mine. Despite of fantastic grphics and open worlds, here's nothing deserves for higher rating. Innumerable enemy spawns and the same quests (main and side) ruined everything what make prodecessor very good game.
  3. Nov 12, 2013
    Incredibly dull and repetetive. Instead of feeling like you're looking forward to a fight every time the same land rover appears with the same troops in yet again all you think is, "damn, I'm going to waste ammo and damage my weapon and get nothing for it". Add to this that every mission seems to send you to the 4 corners of the map and you have a recipe for disaster. I feel as though theIncredibly dull and repetetive. Instead of feeling like you're looking forward to a fight every time the same land rover appears with the same troops in yet again all you think is, "damn, I'm going to waste ammo and damage my weapon and get nothing for it". Add to this that every mission seems to send you to the 4 corners of the map and you have a recipe for disaster. I feel as though the developers are punishing you for having the temerity to play this game. Expand
  4. May 4, 2013
    This is probably the most repetitive and flawed FPS I've every played. The story itself is pretty good and the environment is wonderful but everything else is horrible, horrible done. The design flaws are some of the worst I've ever had to contend with and has completely turned me off of this series.

The game advertises secondary quests and factions but they have absolutely no impact on the main game. The best way to play this game is to just do the main quest. While there are 2 factions everybody hates you all the time so working for a faction impacts only who gives you the mission. Each time you walk out the door they remind you they hate you. What is the use of having factions if everybody is your enemy. The game has many design flaws that probably sounded good on paper but were horrible in practice.

Let's start with the guard posts scattered throughout the maps. As you clean them out the map marks them as cleared and a counter lets you know how you're doing. Unfortunately if you go a little ways away and come back they are completely repopulated. Other than changing the icon on a map clearing out the posts serves no purpose whatsoever. I got to the point where I just ran through the post and only stopped if I had to.

The game requires that you micromanage your character. Guns jam, you have to take medicine periodically, cars break down and if you get low on health you have to use first aid or bleed to death. This all adds up to more focus on the character than combat. This game is most definitely a FPS because stealth just doesn't work here. As soon as you shoot anyone everyone knows where you're at and their accuracy is astonishing. I had 1 person shooting me with a pistol at long range, across a ravine, throw a wood wall and still kept hitting me.

Back to the health system. When your health gets really low you have to bandage or your die. No problem except the animation takes about 5 seconds and cannot be interrupted (except by enemy fire). And oh by the way the enemies can continue to attack. So if you're swarmed (which you often are by the end of the game) then you have no chance to recover so you reload. That's bad. Here's probably the most idiotic thing I've ever seen in a game it quick saves just before you start the long, uninterruptible animation. That means you get quick saves of the game just before you either get lucky and survive or you die. Whoever thought that was a good idea should never design a game again.

There are so many enemies running around in cars that you end up fighting more people getting to a mission (because the fast travel system isn't that fast) than in the mission itself. Even worse is that cars tend to not make any noise until they start shooting at you and if they are too close you cannot shoot back without getting out of the car.

Overall this game was not fun to play. I ran through most of the map just to get to a mission, stopping only when I had to. During the missions I went straight to the goal because nothing else had any impact anyway. Even the ending of the game where you had a choice to make had absolutely no impact on the ending. I cannot possible recommend this game to anyone other than a hard core FPS person who has nothing else to play. I remember when this game came out they advertised "realistic fire". Yes the fire looks awesome but if all I really wanted was to watch real fire I'd become a fireman. Clearly this game was sold based upon its name more than its design.
  5. Jan 13, 2013
    Cool graphics and nice gameplay, tends to get a bit boring though. You basically do the same thing over and over again, and the story doesn't really go anywhere.
  6. May 23, 2013
    The only redeeming quality in this game is the graphics.

The enemy AI is terrible but, they just stand there shooting, all you have to do is snipe them all out easily because they don't take cover or move about much. Somehow they manage to hit you from long distances while you're on the move inside a vehicle, rubbish. The vehicles all feel the same, even in GTA3 a very old game now
    The only redeeming quality in this game is the graphics.

The vehicles all feel the same, even in GTA3 a very old game now they managed to make you feel like you were driving different vehicles. Then, there's a hang glider, lol, pointless, no fun, gimmick.

The missions are all very similar, drive 10 minutes to go kill someone, blow a truck or deliver some documents. I think the developers have done it on purpose, how come the mission is always on the other end of the map, it makes you spend 90% of the driving. If the driving part was fun it wouldn't be so bad, but it's not, it doesn't even feel like driving, it feels like walking really fast with shaky camera, I think it's because the vehicles have only two velocities, you're stopped or moving, they forgot the acceleration part of driving.

Not sure if I consider the random missions a story, it makes little sense.
  7. Feb 2, 2014
    Most overrated FPS ever, makes COD franchise look good. FC1 was great, FC3 was good, FC2 simply falls flat on its face.
    It has Great graphics, the African landscape was great but devoid of any fauna(bye bye realism) The shooting mechanic is mediocre but the stupid AI completely ruined it all. As for the Open World, here is a piece of advice to developers. Open World games are fun only when it is fun to explore. The map is horrendous, the vehicles are crap and break down with 3 shots (fck authenticity) with arcade like physics(maybe to please casual gamers) and the first person driving is horrendous with your dashboard and your FAIL-ATTEMPT-TO-BE-UNIQUE map taking up 75% of your view. And those irritating checkpoints...made doing side quest a hell.
    Here is a scenerio. You travel to one edge of the map for a quest, to reach there you have to kill all the baddies in the checkpoints again, like 3-4 of them..around 10 mins travel time. Quest tells you to go to a place which takes 20 mins to reach, and again go through those checkposts killing all those respawned enemies. If you spend 20 hrs on this game, 15 hrs will be spent traveling and re-killing everything you killed few moments ago.
    And plz lets not go into the "malaria" system. ughhh..
    I uninstalled it after 5 hours of play, just to get my money's worth(in vain) cuz it was simply unplayable..
  8. Jul 15, 2011
    I wanted to like this game i really did, Everything about it is great, except the part where you drive... and drive... and drive... it just gets reeeallly tiresome after a while, getting quests, not feeling like your making progress and driving 10Km across the map to shoot a few guys. Also, it feels like you are in the same place the entire time, not much change to the environment besidesI wanted to like this game i really did, Everything about it is great, except the part where you drive... and drive... and drive... it just gets reeeallly tiresome after a while, getting quests, not feeling like your making progress and driving 10Km across the map to shoot a few guys. Also, it feels like you are in the same place the entire time, not much change to the environment besides swampy - desert - jungly. Expand
  9. Apr 28, 2011
    Finally, an open world shooter where everyone wants to kill you and not the other way round. At first this game did indeed seem to be a bit boring, but after about five hours of game play I really got stuck into it. Sure, it doesn't cater for all markets, but if you want a serious, realistic FPS this is the game to buy. Maybe there could have been a bit more interactivity with the map andFinally, an open world shooter where everyone wants to kill you and not the other way round. At first this game did indeed seem to be a bit boring, but after about five hours of game play I really got stuck into it. Sure, it doesn't cater for all markets, but if you want a serious, realistic FPS this is the game to buy. Maybe there could have been a bit more interactivity with the map and a few more side missions as well although I must give the Map Designers a big round of applause, I have lived in Africa for 9 years now and this game truly brings out the rugged, harsh, dangerous yet beautiful landscape that is, Africa. Expand
  10. Jun 10, 2011
    Love this game, I know that its got a lot of bad thing(like character voices, not so good scenario, and some times get boring). But still its awesome/ Very big and beautiful world, excellent made guns, finding diamond. It makes game so cool.
  11. Sep 3, 2011
    It may be called FarCry 2 but it really has no connection to the story as far as I could tell. Just a name that would get it more sales but that doesn't make it bad. Quite the opposite! It's a huge non-linear game based in Africa where you, one of eight other characters is sent undercover to kill Jackel, someone arming both sides of a civil war there! It's very enjoyable and has the usualIt may be called FarCry 2 but it really has no connection to the story as far as I could tell. Just a name that would get it more sales but that doesn't make it bad. Quite the opposite! It's a huge non-linear game based in Africa where you, one of eight other characters is sent undercover to kill Jackel, someone arming both sides of a civil war there! It's very enjoyable and has the usual shooter elements that were done amazingly as the FarCry series has always done. The animations, physics, graphics and everything else is brilliant and looks almost real... That is if you get past the vehicles. They're fun to drive but two things make them to unbelievable. One, being that the break down waaay to easily and the second reason being that their physics is way off. Hitting a bush with a car in real life doesn't make the car completely stop and raise the back wheels into the air, a wall would do that! Other than the vehicle physics and strength this game is amazing and anyone who loves open world or shooters should defiantly take a look at this! Expand
  12. Sep 26, 2011
    I was disappointed with farcry 2, more than impressed by it. The graphics and physics in the world are admirable. It looks and feels very realistic. The virtually completely open world style is unique but fails during the implementation. The story is a bit interesting and realistic feeling but your character has absolutely no personality, or choices within the world, such that i cannotI was disappointed with farcry 2, more than impressed by it. The graphics and physics in the world are admirable. It looks and feels very realistic. The virtually completely open world style is unique but fails during the implementation. The story is a bit interesting and realistic feeling but your character has absolutely no personality, or choices within the world, such that i cannot imagine how it changes with the character selected beyond the pair of shoes that you view during the game. The checkpoints re-spawn quickly once you pass them so you fight the same battles over and over, and over. The story sends you randomly all over the world and several times to the same locations with fully re-spawned enemies, so there is a LOT of repetition. Five stars, for an overall ok game, a plus one for an acceptable field of view that made it playable for me. Expand
  13. Jan 18, 2013
    I don't mind repetition if what I'm repeating is enjoyable, though constantly having enemies spawn in the outposts I just cleared, having enemy trucks charging at me every 30 seconds and having lackluster side activities outside the main storyline is not my idea of fun. I admit I had my good moments with Far Cry 2, but the flaws that seem to lurk around every corner definitely overshadowI don't mind repetition if what I'm repeating is enjoyable, though constantly having enemies spawn in the outposts I just cleared, having enemy trucks charging at me every 30 seconds and having lackluster side activities outside the main storyline is not my idea of fun. I admit I had my good moments with Far Cry 2, but the flaws that seem to lurk around every corner definitely overshadow the positives of this game. Expand
  14. Sep 25, 2012
    Gráficamente de alta calidad, con físicas (especialmente la acción del fuego y viento) realmente bien logradas. Esto tal vez sea lo único bueno del juego, porque ofrece un guión pobre, adornado con misiones repetitivas: ir desde las facciones a puntos retirados a disparar y/o sabotear; no vale táctica alguna porque siempre resultaremosGráficamente de alta calidad, con físicas (especialmente la acción del fuego y viento) realmente bien logradas. Esto tal vez sea lo único bueno del juego, porque ofrece un guión pobre, adornado con misiones repetitivas: ir desde las facciones a puntos retirados a disparar y/o sabotear; no vale táctica alguna porque siempre resultaremos refrescándonos a tiros con los mercenarios del lugar. Excesivo "respawning", pues en cuestión de minutos, luego de atacar un lugar, podemos pasar por allí nuevamente y observar que nada había pasado.

Podemos resumir el juego como de disparar y nada más.
  15. Jan 12, 2013
    This game has very nice graphics. You actually feel like you are in Africa. The combat in this game is decent except for the infinite enemy ''check points" they are really just "shoot to death on spot" points. One of the best things in this game is the realistic fires that can spread and behave like a real fire would. I'm pretty sure the game had a story when I first started playing butThis game has very nice graphics. You actually feel like you are in Africa. The combat in this game is decent except for the infinite enemy ''check points" they are really just "shoot to death on spot" points. One of the best things in this game is the realistic fires that can spread and behave like a real fire would. I'm pretty sure the game had a story when I first started playing but I'm not sure now. The missions are just "go here shoot these guys". This game also has a really good map editor though sadly multiplayer is almost abandoned. Expand
  16. Mar 18, 2013
    Seemed like it was going to be good. Graphics, sound all impressive. Story kind of cool. But the more you play, the more repetitive this game gets. The problem is that it takes SO long to get from point A to point B. Checkpoints you've cleared become populated quickly so you end up battling practically every inch of the way if you want to get anywhere. It's a fatal flaw because youSeemed like it was going to be good. Graphics, sound all impressive. Story kind of cool. But the more you play, the more repetitive this game gets. The problem is that it takes SO long to get from point A to point B. Checkpoints you've cleared become populated quickly so you end up battling practically every inch of the way if you want to get anywhere. It's a fatal flaw because you end up not really wanting to travel anywhere because of the tedium involved.

The only game left more unfinished by my friends might be Dead Island, which is a zombie version of this game. Great graphics, great acting, great audio, good gameplay, but it just becomes totally tedious to play. I understand the 5.6 10 user score, but the 85 100 critic score just reminds me why, like movie reviewers, professional critics all suck and should be summarily ignored.

Not that it has anything to do with playability of the merits of this game, but I'd like to understand why this game was even called "Far Cry". It's about as close in plot and story to Far Cry 1 as Bioshock is to Quake 4. LOL...
  17. Mar 31, 2014
    aint that good, aint that bad. just loved the free roam thingy and environment. car seems to have too precise handling though (really!? offroad driving is better than onroad? unrealistic but acceptable). the game is too lonely, it is like you vs whole africa. buddies dont help that much, very minimum appearance in fighting. its always me that had to watch out for their asses. storyline?aint that good, aint that bad. just loved the free roam thingy and environment. car seems to have too precise handling though (really!? offroad driving is better than onroad? unrealistic but acceptable). the game is too lonely, it is like you vs whole africa. buddies dont help that much, very minimum appearance in fighting. its always me that had to watch out for their asses. storyline? ok i guess. combined with my imaginations (like im a special forces commando, parachuting out in the middle of africa to do top tier missions, or kick everyone's asses, dicks, and everything nice!) the storyline progress is not exciting but not enough to overbored me, still boring though. i dunno if you guys noticed but most automatic weapons have crappy sound effect. like ak47, i shot just and only one bullet, but the sound effect indicates two shots, HUD display indicates one shot. i thing its just looping around. i also love being stealth, cause its so easy as the enemy didnt finish their preschool (maybe AI is scripted "do not shoot the player if he is ducking in grass, even if you can see them clearly, cause he is taking a **** in that case they do finish preschool but the script maker didnt went at all). good idea on enemy outposts, but after 30 minute, it is getting very annoying. anyways, still playing it though cause newer games are also crappier than ever. thanks A LOT ubisoft.

*Dont even think about criticising my imaginations, I WENT PRESCHOOL!!!!!
  18. Oct 14, 2014
    confusing game at first play, but this game was really good at graphics and weapons (and ram people with Trucks). okay just it i can say, the rest is like **** ever, like gameplay (so repetitive, like you kill this and done and you kill this again and done, most i hate is a Jeep guys always annoy me), sound (the actor voice is wtf, so fast and very annoying i think), and some huge maps iconfusing game at first play, but this game was really good at graphics and weapons (and ram people with Trucks). okay just it i can say, the rest is like **** ever, like gameplay (so repetitive, like you kill this and done and you kill this again and done, most i hate is a Jeep guys always annoy me), sound (the actor voice is wtf, so fast and very annoying i think), and some huge maps i didnt like (there is no Quick Travel to some place, "the bad guy always know you! even you riding a car with black window tints"). give this 7/10 just for Primary objective in this game and 2/10 in secondary objective in this game Expand
  19. Feb 21, 2013
    Great graphics although a bit buggy especially with the directx 10 mode selected. The muted washed-out color tones sets a kind of depressing mood, probably what the developers wanted. But the graphics is the end of the good points.

The AI sucks big time. The enemy has x-ray vision making any kind of stealth play impossible. You spend time sneaking up on your target then kill him with a silenced weapon or your machete but be ready for instant mayhem. Everyone knows what you did and where you are. Run for your life. Shoot someone from a distance and the enemy knows exactly where you are. The enemy can see through dense foliage, walls and rocks. Run for your life. You can watch an enemy look and fire in the opposite direction from you but you will still get hit. It's quite hilarious!

Forget about a story line, there isn't one. You just go on missions and kill everyone you see, or run for your life.There are no other options. Try to kill the Jackal? No way. It's a bogus story ploy. Try to help your friends that you've collected through the game. No way. The developers have higher goals for you. Be careful they have a political agenda.

Very disappointing game. Not looking forward to another silly Far Cry X.
  20. Jun 16, 2013
    This game typifies everything that can go wrong with an open-world, sandbox-style game. It's a big, beautiful world to explore and most of what you do in it means absolutely nothing.

Getting from mission to mission is about as fun as the Park 'n Ride experience of commuting to the airport. Except, however, that in the case of air travel you might just be going someplace fun. In FC2, you're going to the next repetitive mission the writers painfully crafted on spare napkins while waiting for their order to come up at In-n-out. This is lazy, mass-produced content that rivals the story-telling depth of PONG.

You may enjoy Far Cry 2 if you enjoy these other things:

1) Standing in line at Disneyland as opposed to the ride itself
    2) The subtleties of watching paint dry
    3) Chatting with DMV Employees
    4) Waiting for Uranium to decay
    5) The uniqueness of IKEA furniture
  21. Jul 30, 2013
    Just repetitive. A complete disappointment. Huge open world, with nothing in it worth exploring. Generic world, generic enemies (which respawn after what feels like 30 seconds). Graphis etc. may be good, but the game offers no introduction, no interesting characters, no storyline. Somehow even the core mechanics, the shooting, didn't appeal to me, and the rather not so smart AI does notJust repetitive. A complete disappointment. Huge open world, with nothing in it worth exploring. Generic world, generic enemies (which respawn after what feels like 30 seconds). Graphis etc. may be good, but the game offers no introduction, no interesting characters, no storyline. Somehow even the core mechanics, the shooting, didn't appeal to me, and the rather not so smart AI does not improve the gaming experience. Expand
  22. Mar 3, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game severely lacks interesting game-play. The protagonist must travel hundreds of miles chased by pea brained, buggy AI that will hunt you down no matter where you run to. How is this realistic? To make matters worse, you encounter hundreds of the same monotonous check-points that vary only in the number of tires and fences that are commonly found around one.. On top of that, you have an incurable malaria that serves as a really a poor plot device. Finding a cure for malaria should not drive the STORY! The story should be driven by fun game-play and interesting missions. The mission narrative doesn't really push the envelope either as it centers too much on petty clan warfare and local rivalry. The developers attempted to change the names of the clans and characters to break the monotony, but the characters continually bring about the same plot elements I describe above-petty rivalries, etc.. Even the equipment is a letdown. Vehicles blow up too easily and weapons constantly jam. The only thing that really kept me going a 1/3 of the way through the game was the possibility of acquiring better weapons. Unfortunately, the mechanics of wealth acquisition don't favor even a moderately fast ascension to power. Acquiring wealth is slow, painful, and disheartening. The primary currency for barter are diamonds that are scattered across the whole god-forsaken territory that you must trek across ever so painfully. If you ever manage to complete the miserable story-line, Ubisoft should award you with a small prize. Believe me, you deserve it for all of the torture you will assuredly have to endure. The only reason why I gave this abomination of a game a 1 is because it serves as a good benchmark for video-cards. My recommendation to those who wish to avert a deplorable gaming experience is to avoid playing Far Cry 2 altogether. In fact, the game itself, if you bought a physical copy, should be reserved for use as a coaster for soft drinks. Alternatively, the dvd-rom can be used in a futurist art project. Better yet, go use it to play frisbee with your dog in a park. If by the unluckiest of chances, you bought a digital copy, you will undoubtedly be dismayed at having wasted however many dollars you spent on this treasure that, by it's digital nature, precludes it's more appropriate uses described above. If this is the case for you, let me just a dedicate a moment of silence to you. Expand
  23. Jun 14, 2012
    This game bored me to tears so badly that I had to quit. Virtually every aspect of this game is broken, overly done, or underdone. The realism they try to implement means that you can die from a 5 foot fall, your weapons never work, and because it's Africa everything has to be ugly and bland as sin. Far cry instincts beats this game so miserably it was a wasted release for ubisoft.This game bored me to tears so badly that I had to quit. Virtually every aspect of this game is broken, overly done, or underdone. The realism they try to implement means that you can die from a 5 foot fall, your weapons never work, and because it's Africa everything has to be ugly and bland as sin. Far cry instincts beats this game so miserably it was a wasted release for ubisoft. Furthermore, my CD key is repetedly refused for the online, despite attempting all fixes possible. This game is therefore unfinished and worthless. Expand
  24. Oct 29, 2012
    I like first Far Cry. But this game- piece of **** Good Graphics- that` s all what this game can propose to you. Stupid mission, stupid respawn, boring safari and idiotic story.
  25. Aug 14, 2012
    This game is truly a far cry from the first one. Everything you loved about the first game is gone here. The only thing this has in common with the other is the glider. That's it. If you're looking to recapture the experience of Far Cry 1 be prepared for massive disappointment.
    Let's start with the good: the graphics. This is the only decent thing about this game. The environments looks nice all around but even this quickly loses its appeal after while since there's not much to look at. It's mostly sparse landscapes. It looks nice but also boring. The character model's faces are also lacking in detail. Now the bad: everything else. The audio in this game is poorly done. The weapons sound cheap and unconvincing. The vehicles have this little hum when driving. The characters' voices can be hard to hear sometimes and they usually talk pretty fast. There is no depth or range to the sound. I can't tell if someone is talking 5 feet away or 50 feet away. There are no options to individually adjust voice or sound effect volumes. Music can't be adjusted either. You can only turn it on or off. The AI in this game is atrocious. They will usually try to flank you but it's pointless since they all have eagle eye vision and auto-aim and can hit you from a mile away with no problem. Sometimes the AI will get stuck and they'll be facing another direction when you're right in front of them. The AI automatically senses when you get into a vehicle and starts firing at you so if you can't see where that enemy has run off to just get into a car and they'll start shooting at you. The gameplay is the worst part. It's just awful. EVERYONE will shoot you on sight. It doesn't matter which faction you do missions for. Their guys won't help you since you're "undercover". The enemies take an excessive amount of damage. You have to shoot them so many times to kill them. The turret in this game is crap. It's severely underpowered and actually takes longer to kill the enemies than your own weapons do unless they're right in your face. Seriously. If you try and stay at a distance to take out the guardposts with a turret it will take forever to kill them while they will have no problem shooting you. 75% of the game is you driving around from point A to point B and it's usually from one end of the map to the other. Then there are the guardposts with the respawning enemies. This is undoubtedly the most annoying part of the game. If you kill the enemies and then go a certain distance and then return to that guardpost the enemies all respawn even if you killed them 2 minutes ago. There's no point in wasting time using stealth or trying to be clever since they just respawn and you have to kill them again on your way back. They make it so it's impossible to go around most of these checkpoints. You can't just blow past them in a vehicle either because they will get in their vehicle and chase you and they will ALWAYS catch up to you because the game cheats. I've tested this and they get this turbo speed boost to catch you. You have no choice but to stop and shoot them. There's also constant vehicle patrols all over the place. They'll either shoot you if there's a guy on the turret or tail and ram you forever until you stop and kill them.

The gameplay is extremely repetitive. All you do is drive around the map performing missions by killing someone or blowing something up. That's it. Ubisoft did this exact same thing with Assassin's Creed. Go from point A to point B, kill someone, rinse and repeat. It's obvious they do not know how to make a fun game and I don't have much hope for Far Cry 3. Then they threw in various gameplay elements like weapons jamming, fixing cars, and you having malaria and needing to constantly take medicine, to try and make it realistic but all it does is annoy you. If you pick up an enemy's weapon it will be in a degraded state. Very quickly the weapon will jam and you have to press reload to fix it. But when the enemy uses their gun it never jams on them. Only you. How is that realistic? So the only point is to piss you off. If your car gets shot up it will start smoking and you will have to fix it. The animation consists of you turning a bolt with a wrench. Yes that's how it gets fixed. Just like in real life. The malaria thing is dumb and adds nothing to the game except to irritate you. Try having a malaria attack while your gun jams on you and your car is smoking while a bunch of auto-aiming enemies are around you. See how fun that is.

The game suffers from numerous glitches. I had an enemy floating in the air and then dropping and dying and alerting his friends.There are audio problems like no sound or subtitles when answering the phone. The game will crash periodically. The gameplay is repetitive and annoying. It's not even an average game. It's a below average mess. Save your money. It's a huge letdown.
  26. Oct 1, 2012
    This is Worst Game I have ever played...made me sick in real time ...Complete Nonsense...At least Game Makers should know,what he is trying user to grab...what we are doing in this game...what to do why to do and ultimately what's aim? ...Iam deleting this game in middle...even i dont know how many missions i have completed...wtf.
  27. Nov 19, 2012
    The original Far Cry is one of my favorite game of all time. Its name is filled with honor. Because you know at the time the game was made they used top-notch graphics, and the story and gameplay was just explosive. How ever, Far Cry 2 was the most disappointing game ever. If you die, you will spawn to far away for your destination. You have to take malaria pills every so often. PeopleThe original Far Cry is one of my favorite game of all time. Its name is filled with honor. Because you know at the time the game was made they used top-notch graphics, and the story and gameplay was just explosive. How ever, Far Cry 2 was the most disappointing game ever. If you die, you will spawn to far away for your destination. You have to take malaria pills every so often. People always knows who you are, even if you're just driving a car, enemies will spot you and shot at you. The game is just to flawed and it never ends. Crytek, why did you sell Far Cry? Worst mistake they ever made. Expand
  28. Nov 29, 2012
    You play a couple of missions types repeatedly through out the whole game. You have to travel massive distances to do it. It's boring. The graphics were the only selling point in the game. I loved FarCry. I couldn't finish the game I was so bored. I usually finish every game I buy. I was one of those fools that bought it full price. Harsh lesson learnt.
  29. Feb 1, 2013
    Not worth it! I purchased it on a special offer at just $9.99 so I figured I didn't have much to lose. I had already played Far Cry 3 and liked so thought I would give the previous version a chance but it is TERRIBLE. Hard to follow the mapmarkers, the fast travel is horrible and even though I am on EASY level, it's just very hard to achieve your missions. I can't believe the differenceNot worth it! I purchased it on a special offer at just $9.99 so I figured I didn't have much to lose. I had already played Far Cry 3 and liked so thought I would give the previous version a chance but it is TERRIBLE. Hard to follow the mapmarkers, the fast travel is horrible and even though I am on EASY level, it's just very hard to achieve your missions. I can't believe the difference between Far Cry 2 and 3. The 3rd installment is very good. But don't waste your time on this one. I can see why user score is 5.6 Expand
  30. Jul 21, 2013
    Too much driving. Too much scavenging. Combat is very repetitive. Enemies spawn back way too quickly. And where is the story? Played 8 hours so far and I am sick and tired of it.

1. Combat is thrilling – each weapon packing a solid, vicious blast; movement suggesting heft and momentum. [Dec 2008, p.80]
  2. By adopting a laissez faire attitude to player discretion, Ubisoft has crafted a brilliant follow-up.
    More importantly, it has nowhere near as many bugs as something like "S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl," a title that bears many similarities. Add to the roughly 25 hour single-player campaign a remarkably easy-to-use map creation tool and a full multiplayer suite, and you've got one of the most complete overall gaming packages of the year, as well as one of the most ambitious.