Far Cry 3 PC

8.2

1. Oct 31, 2014
    OK, Ubisoft, please answer me this : WHY ARE THE CUTSCENES NOT SKIPPABLE ?!?! Why do I have to sit and wait for X minutes and cannot just skip the boring lame animatios ?! The story really really sux, otherwise I would give it much higher score, but I could not even finish the game because I became allergic to the stupid boring cutscenes !!!!
  2. Nov 23, 2014
    The game doesn't run very well on a high-end AMD videocard (7900 series) - even at lowest settings it can become a slideshow at times (particularly while flying a kite and doing circles before you land) ... Apparently this game was tailored for Nvidia users and AMD users can pretty much go @#$! themselves. Classy, Ubisoft. I see this gem for what it is, though: if you ignore the minorThe game doesn't run very well on a high-end AMD videocard (7900 series) - even at lowest settings it can become a slideshow at times (particularly while flying a kite and doing circles before you land) ... Apparently this game was tailored for Nvidia users and AMD users can pretty much go @#$! themselves. Classy, Ubisoft. I see this gem for what it is, though: if you ignore the minor inconveniences with crafting and having to bounce back and forth for components, this is a beautiful game. It would get an 8.5 if it didn't lag with a beefy videocard. Expand
  3. May 31, 2014
    The game is a lot of fun from times to times. The island world is really beautiful and the cut scenes and npc acting is so great that it some times feels like beeing in a movie. The down side is that the island istoo crowded with enemy NPC:s (which consists of animals and guerilla warriors). You can't go any 100 meters in any direction without bumping in to a fight with something whichThe game is a lot of fun from times to times. The island world is really beautiful and the cut scenes and npc acting is so great that it some times feels like beeing in a movie. The down side is that the island istoo crowded with enemy NPC:s (which consists of animals and guerilla warriors). You can't go any 100 meters in any direction without bumping in to a fight with something which destroys the flow that the game could have had.
    The multiplyer of the game is good but generic.
  4. Aug 14, 2014
    This is a really good game excellent graphics still in 2014 but... the old problem, the outposts system.. it taked nearly 45 hours to finish this game i loved the story, gameplay is one step further than FC2.

I really disliked the outposts system, i need a new recipe from Ubisoft. They are great of making videogames now they need to move a step further and create new innovative ways to explore their huge open worlds.
  5. Jan 15, 2015
    The game is more stealth/adventure than action. I liked villain characters but heroes were not very interesting. The best character would be Vaas Montenegro who died foolishly and was not involved in the story that much. The story sometimes gets too slow and bores you and sometimes gets too fast and makes you upset. Rakyat people don't participate in freeing outposts and the player must doThe game is more stealth/adventure than action. I liked villain characters but heroes were not very interesting. The best character would be Vaas Montenegro who died foolishly and was not involved in the story that much. The story sometimes gets too slow and bores you and sometimes gets too fast and makes you upset. Rakyat people don't participate in freeing outposts and the player must do everything on his own. Side missions are many and useless.
    Graphics are very good, every event and place is designed with the most accuracy. You'll never get tired of exploring the jungle. There are many guns in different classes and there's even a crossbow which is very handy and stealthy. Each weapon may have some upgrades (like silencer) that you can buy from the stores. Skills are numerous and help you in the levels very much, including how to kill an enemy below you, how to kill a heavy gunner and so on.
    The game is interesting, for sure. But it would be much better if they worked on the story and characters a bit more.
  6. Dec 6, 2012
    Reading some negative reviews has inspired me to sign up (again). Last game reviewed was SimBin's GTR, 'cos it was amazing. This is not a bad game, by any stretch. Suppose I'll be reviewing more often, just to counterbalance some of the stupidity that a lot of other reviewers seem to be coming out with - at least in terms of what I see as important to making a game fun and worth MY while.Reading some negative reviews has inspired me to sign up (again). Last game reviewed was SimBin's GTR, 'cos it was amazing. This is not a bad game, by any stretch. Suppose I'll be reviewing more often, just to counterbalance some of the stupidity that a lot of other reviewers seem to be coming out with - at least in terms of what I see as important to making a game fun and worth MY while. First of all, yes, it suffers from consolitis - the menu system could be better - there's a lot of clicking back and forth, which does break the flow of the game to some extent. The game overall has a slight aimlessness to it, in that, apart from the intermittent breaks for syringe creation, pouch crafting and other pause-menu high jinks, the way side missions are organised/controlled kind of takes you away from the flow of the narrative that's supposed to be driving your character. But that's about it. Everything else is top notch. Couple missions that are linear and low res map/HUD? Nah, whatever, very minor gripes of a hater mindset. Let's face it, graphics, and the overall artistic design, are one of its great strengths and add a huge amount to the immersion - it's actually seamless (no mean feat). Sound is also on par. The story line is no more or less creative than most other games on the market but at least this one is delivered with some half-decent scripting and voice acting, which I cannot say the same for all your Mass Effects and Borderlands (admittedly I only played the first - did they change that cheeseball guff for the second?). AI? A lot of the negative reviewers here seem to be acting like some artificial intelligence gurus (that fake kind) because they're picking faults in what is actually pretty obvious. The enemies do follow a pattern, but it does not make them any less challenging. It's like in so many other games where the challenge is to figure the pattern out. At least this game is challenging, and actually quite unique because, despite the dense jungle you always seem to be in, there is enough variability and randomness at play to make each encounter feel fresh. This is its major strength, and the reason why I come back for a daily dose - for a little bit more of that immersion, genuine strategising, and truly visceral gunplay (before I tire of it's comparatively minor nuisances). Collapse

2. Jan 29, 2013
    Exhilarating, colorful, mindless – that's Far Cry 3 in three words.
  3. Jan 24, 2013